Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

5 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Adley Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:13 pm

[Steelhaven's rooms]

"Your right. Its better to let out emotions in appropriate situation. I'll definitely feel the heartbreak. When I choose to feel it is the important thing to control." Serge said with a nod. "And it's better to fix then to destroy things. Yeah it might be costlier but its the right thing to do. Or try to do...."

"Often, I think so. There's been a few times where...well, I was not sure. I came to the best decision I could at the time."

Amadeus shiddered when you mentioned the Ball of Abysmal Flame but he did not comment. The Deacon Primus nodded.
"Yes unfortunatly magick is harder to do here on earth, you will find many things easier to acomplish in places like Horizon though, but yes some spell are horribly destructive. Your House is calerous often sactificing their own ives to save others and they are honored for it as they should, your brother Peter for example gave his life to save a whole buss full of young Orphans on their way to MECHA, he was what every member of your House seek to be, and he did not die in a blaze of fire, but he gave his life form a greater purpose...a noble end, though we all miss him terribly." George said sadly. "He was Jeffry's first student you know, a good, kind man, and a noble war mage."

"So I have heard sir. And that's all true, and I'm not disputing that. I just mean it's gotten us a reputation of being disposable weapons of war to be used by others, which is why people gave us unfavorable nicknames." Then he looked over to Master Nassa, "Pardon, sir," he said. The man had good reasons to hate fire.

[Waking up]

"Yeah, I know its a bit sudden. Your best will do just fine." Serge said with a smile.

He nodded.

The old Verbena read what had been written and his eyes widened then he nodded and handed the note book over to Adley so he could read the notes as well.
"I will contact my Coven when we are back to regular time, we will defend our Life Tree."
He declared.

Adley read over what was on the note. It was like seeing the other shoe drop. Only the Nephandi were an endless centipede. "Oh, goddammit...how the hell did they even know you were going?" he asked, blearily to Master Nassa as he passed it back to him. He then frowned at Colin. "Now what do we do? There's a leak somewhere..." he scowled. He tried to recall the times it had been spoken about, and where...perhaps the infirmary. And here..."They want to divert us out of here, to the other chantries. Plus they'd take out that Enforcer over there...it's a two-or three-for backup plan, my guess is they'd attack here too, when we're out and overall less people to attack them." He listened as George talked more about the Incarna, looking even more worried than before.

Suddenly there was a jolt, or a strange feeling, Colin managed the transition well but for the rest of you the feeling of the bubble re joining normal time was jarring.
"The time bubble is down."
George anounced uneccesarily.

Adley made the sort of noise that people did when they were on the teacups at Disney, when they were trying not to throw up. "Nope, still not used to that."

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Sad Chronomancer, Useful Cats and a old Exemplar IC Thread 48

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:31 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.15]

Adley wrote:"Often, I think so. There's been a few times where...well, I was not sure. I came to the best decision I could at the time."

"Doing our best is often all we can do." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"Child you do not know this woman either, the way I understand it you have met her twice and none of the times it have been much communication, you are making assumptions here."
George said plainly.
"And such assumptions are dangerous."
Anja wrote:"She is dserving of being rescued Mr Yager off course she is, just do not forget that she is also quite dangerous."
The old Guernicus commented softly.

"Yeah....I'll remember that." Serge said with a sigh and said nothing more.

Nicole wrote:'Irrelevant. What I'm saying is what makes you so sure that this ain't a trick - that there is this "poor soul within" for you to save?' the Etherite replied, now turning the bowl so she could get a better 'angle of attack'.

"Don't worry. I'll be careful." Serge said with a nod.

[Steelhaven's Apartment, 12.30]

Anja wrote:Suddenly there was a jolt, or a strange feeling, Colin managed the transition well but for the rest of you the feeling of the bubble re joining normal time was jarring.
"The time bubble is down."
George anounced uneccesarily.
Adley wrote:Adley made the sort of noise that people did when they were on the teacups at Disney, when they were trying not to throw up. "Nope, still not used to that."

"Urggg....I've been through worse." Serge boasted, though his facial reaction made it seem like he was going to be sick.

NIcole wrote:'Why do I want like twenty pounds of lose change?' the muffled voice replied, just before the time-wave hit the room. 'Oww....' the voice will complain, after a moment's pause.

"You don't know it's not fifty bucks as well." Serge said, rubbing his own head as well. "You willing to take that chance?"

(OOC: Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking as well. It's what he thinks they'd be like from three months worth of memories and supernatural deduction skills. Keep in mind that in his demesne, he basically has photographic memory so anything Adley or Nicole said or did around him, Serge would remember.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:02 pm

[Steelhaven's rooms]

"So I have heard sir. And that's all true, and I'm not disputing that. I just mean it's gotten us a reputation of being disposable weapons of war to be used by others, which is why people gave us unfavorable nicknames." Then he looked over to Master Nassa, "Pardon, sir," he said. The man had good reasons to hate fire.

"Yeah....I'll remember that." Serge said with a sigh and said nothing more.

George just nodded at that though he looked rather concerned.

[Waking up]

Adley read over what was on the note. It was like seeing the other shoe drop. Only the Nephandi were an endless centipede. "Oh, goddammit...how the hell did they even know you were going?" he asked, blearily to Master Nassa as he passed it back to him. He then frowned at Colin. "Now what do we do? There's a leak somewhere..." he scowled. He tried to recall the times it had been spoken about, and where...perhaps the infirmary. And here..."They want to divert us out of here, to the other chantries. Plus they'd take out that Enforcer over there...it's a two-or three-for backup plan, my guess is they'd attack here too, when we're out and overall less people to attack them." He listened as George talked more about the Incarna, looking even more worried than before.

"Calm down Sodalis, first we need to go over what we know and not jump to conclusions."
George replied softly trying to calm the young Falmbeau.
"First of all the assassin could have told someone in the past of seeing Master Nassa, that might be how they knew, yes there might be a leak but it might also be due to getting inofrmation from the past."
The Deacon Primus replied.
"We know Riverside and Westchapel will be attacked, we must be prepared that there could be an attack here as wlel, but one is not mentioned, there might be a limit to how thin our enemies can stretch their resources."

"Urggg....I've been through worse." Serge boasted, though his facial reaction made it seem like he was going to be sick.

"Are you well child?"
The old Guernicus asked.
"It can be a bit rough the first time you come out of a time bubble this compressed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:39 pm

S7trif3 wrote:Adley read over what was on the note. It was like seeing the other shoe drop. Only the Nephandi were an endless centipede. "Oh, goddammit...how the hell did they even know you were going?" he asked, blearily to Master Nassa as he passed it back to him. He then frowned at Colin. "Now what do we do? There's a leak somewhere..." he scowled. He tried to recall the times it had been spoken about, and where...perhaps the infirmary. And here..."They want to divert us out of here, to the other chantries. Plus they'd take out that Enforcer over there...it's a two-or three-for backup plan, my guess is they'd attack here too, when we're out and overall less people to attack them." He listened as George talked more about the Incarna, looking even more worried than before.
Anja wrote:"Calm down Sodalis, first we need to go over what we know and not jump to conclusions."
"First of all the assassin could have told someone in the past of seeing Master Nassa, that might be how they knew, yes there might be a leak but it might also be due to getting inofrmation from the past."
"We know Riverside and Westchapel will be attacked, we must be prepared that there could be an attack here as wlel, but one is not mentioned, there might be a limit to how thin our enemies can stretch their resources."
Colin frowned, "I think the destruction of Riverside and crippling of Westchapel suggests the Meajin Incarna didn't get here until it was beat back... Hum, could we get a map showing the Chantries of Boston? Might be able to triangulate something... And I was told it was a desperation tactic; that might suggest they took the opportunity upon sensing Master Nassa's absence, rather than planning for it."

Anja wrote:"It would be hard to send someone else to the past who have the skills of Master Nassa."
George said and Amadeus considered.
"If I was to imbue a plant with a copy of my life pattern and leave a tiny sliver of of Avatar with Mr Wainwright, a sliver small enough that it should heal in a few weeks and not affect my magick in the moment that might fool our enemies that I am still in the present."
The Verbena replied George nodded.
"That is possible but there is also chance the detection is from the past and then you would have a painful working done on you for no reason Amadeus."
The Deacon Primus protested clearly concerned about the safety and well being of his Cabalmate.
He pondered for a moment, then glanced over at the potted plants, "You might not need a sliver of your Avatar to pull the trick off after all... The Scrambler is, after all, fairly simple in principle; if you can substitute the obfuscating pattern with a mimicry of your soul, in addition to the copy of your Life pattern, might that do the trick?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:13 pm

Colin frowned, "I think the destruction of Riverside and crippling of Westchapel suggests the Meajin Incarna didn't get here until it was beat back... Hum, could we get a map showing the Chantries of Boston? Might be able to triangulate something... And I was told it was a desperation tactic; that might suggest they took the opportunity upon sensing Master Nassa's absence, rather than planning for it."

George nodded he rose and found a map and laid it on the table explaining.
"We are here, here in this old factory district are Westchapel, Lux iternis are here at the university, Ricerside are by the docks near a residential area and Five Sisters are located in an old nunnery right at the Western city limites here."
The Deacon primus explained.
"And yes this could have been a move of desperation to throw us off our game."

He pondered for a moment, then glanced over at the potted plants, "You might not need a sliver of your Avatar to pull the trick off after all... The Scrambler is, after all, fairly simple in principle; if you can substitute the obfuscating pattern with a mimicry of your soul, in addition to the copy of your Life pattern, might that do the trick?"

"Yeah it might work at least to obscure me int he past, but I am not sure it would leave a trace of me here at Steelhaven in the present if someone decided to check."
Amadeus said with a frown.
"But if we can stop them from noticing me in the future that should keep them from suspecting that I am in the past...unless off course there really is a leak like your Cabalmate suspect Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Anja wrote:George nodded he rose and found a map and laid it on the table explaining.
"We are here, here in this old factory district are Westchapel, Lux iternis are here at the university, Ricerside are by the docks near a residential area and Five Sisters are located in an old nunnery right at the Western city limites here."
The Deacon primus explained.
"And yes this could have been a move of desperation to throw us off our game."
Colin frowned at the map, "The visualization helps, but... not much of a straight line between any three, is there?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah it might work at least to obscure me int he past, but I am not sure it would leave a trace of me here at Steelhaven in the present if someone decided to check."
"But if we can stop them from noticing me in the future that should keep them from suspecting that I am in the past...unless off course there really is a leak like your Cabalmate suspect Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Unless there is a leak, yes..."
He paused, then he looked at the map again with a frown, "Oh, that was what she meant by us taking his Investments... I just pieced together things; I was merely tripped up by an ambiguity. We don't have a leak here, I think, though Riverside and Westchapel do. We did have two leaks, in the forms of an impostor and a certain former Adeptus Flavian Hermes. Er, I'm afraid the Meajin Incarna in question is a bit upset at me personally, and for want of a direct connection to enter this Chantry, he's going for our allies instead... That... Oedipal paragon is angry beause I... removed his Investments. This attack was not something planned in advance, it's pure retribution for what I did. Bugger... Best warn the other Chantries about that, too..."

((OOC: Yeah, I just caught that ambiguity, too, about Matty saying we took his Investments. Thought she meant we'd scrubbed the marks on his body off, but if he's pissed that we took away his toys... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:14 am

Anja's Post:

'So, who do I complain to if they were eating my family members, then?' Nicole replied, now finishing off her meal. 'Wait... family members. How can they have owl family members? Is there were-owls or something?'

Colin's Post:

'By that logic, the best way to deal with a stain on a shirt is to cut it off with a pair of scissors...' she replied, giving the now-empty large bowl a combination of a wistful and curious look.

Serge's Post:

'Popular last words, that.' she quipped, pulling out what appeared to be a paper towel or napkin from the bag and wiping the inside of the bowl. 'But I don't care what you say, you are going to get some basic combat training after all this shit has ended...' pulling out a large bottle of some clear liquid and pouring some of it into the bowl.

Serge's Post:

'Yes.' the voice replied from under the fabric. 'But need the john...' ending with a sigh. Then the duvet shifted as Nicole rolled over inside it, then her head appeared with red eyes and hair a complete mess. Pushed herself up and out of the duvet, giving a momentary flash of a rather clichéd lower back tattoo before righting herself and heading off to the bathroom...

Anja's Post:

'What? The others are being hit?' she said on coming out of the bathroom, clearly alarmed.

[Best way to explain how she's not taken part of much of the conversation, I think...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:54 am

So, who do I complain to if they were eating my family members, then?' Nicole replied, now finishing off her meal. 'Wait... family members. How can they have owl family members? Is there were-owls or something?'

"Yes indeed their father have a heart beast, the ability to change his form into that of and owl and he have an owl mate, Jareth and the other are a result of that union."
"Like I said you are welcome to chase the owls away."

By that logic, the best way to deal with a stain on a shirt is to cut it off with a pair of scissors...' she replied, giving the now-empty large bowl a combination of a wistful and curious look.

"There are more food in the box if you are still hungry, bread, chease some spreads, cookies and fruit."
George said indicating the box on the table.

'Popular last words, that.' she quipped, pulling out what appeared to be a paper towel or napkin from the bag and wiping the inside of the bowl. 'But I don't care what you say, you are going to get some basic combat training after all this shit has ended...' pulling out a large bottle of some clear liquid and pouring some of it into the bowl.

"That would be a wise offer to accept Mr Yager."
The old Guernicus said with an approving nod.
"You need to know how to defend yourself."

Colin frowned at the map, "The visualization helps, but... not much of a straight line between any three, is there?"

"No not much of a streight like the Chantries are spread out over the city really."
George replied.
"What where you thinking about Mr Wainwright."

"And if there is we will have to find it and plug that leak."

He paused, then he looked at the map again with a frown, "Oh, that was what she meant by us taking his Investments... I just pieced together things; I was merely tripped up by an ambiguity. We don't have a leak here, I think, though Riverside and Westchapel do. We did have two leaks, in the forms of an impostor and a certain former Adeptus Flavian Hermes. Er, I'm afraid the Meajin Incarna in question is a bit upset at me personally, and for want of a direct connection to enter this Chantry, he's going for our allies instead... That... Oedipal paragon is angry beause I... removed his Investments. This attack was not something planned in advance, it's pure retribution for what I did. Bugger... Best warn the other Chantries about that, too..."

"You are thinking that Lord Steel the Duke of Hate was the one who held Flavian's contract and now he is enraged that we removed that contract and took his toys? Well that is possible, after all we knew it was possible the foul beings who create the Investment Marks might react badly to our ability to remove said marks."
George said with a frown.
"Yes we must indeed warn the other two Chantries."

'What? The others are being hit?' she said on coming out of the bathroom, clearly alarmed.

"So it would seam yes Miss Bouchard."

(OOC: No one likes it when you take their toys. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 am

[Steelhaven's rooms]

"Calm down Sodalis, first we need to go over what we know and not jump to conclusions."

"...yes, sir." He was frowning though, concerned about what was going on.

"You are thinking that Lord Steel the Duke of Hate was the one who held Flavian's contract and now he is enraged that we removed that contract and took his toys? Well that is possible, after all we knew it was possible the foul beings who create the Investment Marks might react badly to our ability to remove said marks."

"Well, crap..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:47 am

[Steelhaven's rooms]

"...yes, sir." He was frowning though, concerned about what was going on.

"Good, now we will find a way t counter this issue as well, the Nephandi will not get their way. You say you where concerned one of the recuees from the abandoned hospital might be a leak?"
George asked calmly.
"Was not they in pretty bad condition?"

"Well, crap..."

"I guess we could ask that little shit Flavian if the one he got Investments from was Lord Steel the Duke of Hate."
Amadeus commented.
"That might make things clearer."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:20 pm

Anja's Post:

'Erm, I'm fine thanks.' the Etherite replied, without a trace of shame that she'd managed to demolish a whole serving-bowl of pasta in one rather short sitting. Instead picked up the glass of water and poured it into the bowl with the other liquid.

Anja's Post:

'Though that could be said for others here too. Some of the things that happened today left... much to be desired.' locating a fresh packet of cigarettes and breaking the cellophane seal.

Anja's Post:

'What, at the same time?' giving a frown. 'And when?' already looking much more alert.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Erm, I'm fine thanks.' the Etherite replied, without a trace of shame that she'd managed to demolish a whole serving-bowl of pasta in one rather short sitting. Instead picked up the glass of water and poured it into the bowl with the other liquid.

"Well it is there if you should want some later then Miss Bouchard."
George said kindly.

Though that could be said for others here too. Some of the things that happened today left... much to be desired.' locating a fresh packet of cigarettes and breaking the cellophane seal.

"Learning some basic combat skills might be wise yes, if for no other reason than that the Union are good at hunting mages and eliminating our powers from the equation, not being defenseless if we can not use magick would be a good thing, I will speal with Jeffry about it when there is time."
The Deacon Primus replied with a nod.

What, at the same time?' giving a frown. 'And when?' already looking much more alert.

"I believe Mr Wainwright might be better able to tell you that information than me Miss Bouchard as I am still trying to play catch up myself."
Amadeus said with a sigh.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was GMing D&D for my gaming group.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Nicole wrote:'So, who do I complain to if they were eating my family members, then?' Nicole replied, now finishing off her meal. 'Wait... family members. How can they have owl family members? Is there were-owls or something?'
Anja wrote:"Yes indeed their father have a heart beast, the ability to change his form into that of and owl and he have an owl mate, Jareth and the other are a result of that union."
"Like I said you are welcome to chase the owls away."
Colin smiled thinly, "Mr. Ackermann, when he changes form, does not merely become an owl with a human mind, he becomes an owl, with owl emotions and owl thoughts. Naturally, he finds an owl mate. And his family is quite adorable. Though he's not a were-owl like, say, Ratkin, Garou, or Kitsune."

Nicole wrote:'By that logic, the best way to deal with a stain on a shirt is to cut it off with a pair of scissors...' she replied, giving the now-empty large bowl a combination of a wistful and curious look.
He grinned, "Well, in this case, you might want to consider applying a film that lets you see out, but not let them see in. I know there are quite a few such products commercially available, though I'm not sure about the price ranges. Not quite as bad as cutting away stains on shirts... and my tailor would straight up murder me for such a suggestion."

Nicole wrote:'Popular last words, that.' she quipped, pulling out what appeared to be a paper towel or napkin from the bag and wiping the inside of the bowl. 'But I don't care what you say, you are going to get some basic combat training after all this shit has ended...' pulling out a large bottle of some clear liquid and pouring some of it into the bowl.
Anja wrote:"That would be a wise offer to accept Mr Yager."
Nicole wrote:'Though that could be said for others here too. Some of the things that happened today left... much to be desired.' locating a fresh packet of cigarettes and breaking the cellophane seal.
Anja wrote:"Learning some basic combat skills might be wise yes, if for no other reason than that the Union are good at hunting mages and eliminating our powers from the equation, not being defenseless if we can not use magick would be a good thing, I will speal with Jeffry about it when there is time."
The Deacon Primus replied with a nod.
He nodded, "Miss Bouchard, I want you to spend some time while we're on Horizon to set up a training schedule for December, to train our Cabal. I won't be able to attend due to prior engagements, including some wounds from which I'll be recovering, but I want you to to make sure everyone is at least comfortable with moving in modest body armour, and has the minimum proficiency with small arms. No magical skill-borrowing; I'm not expecting everyone to show Robin Hood-levels of marksmanship when I get back, just to know how and where to point a gun. Hm, though I'll allow Miss Alexander an exemption."

Anja wrote:"No not much of a streight like the Chantries are spread out over the city really."
George replied.
"What where you thinking about Mr Wainwright."
He shook his head, "If it were summoned, and then sent in a straight line for us, picking off Chantries along the way... but that doesn't look likely at all."

Anja wrote:"You are thinking that Lord Steel the Duke of Hate was the one who held Flavian's contract and now he is enraged that we removed that contract and took his toys? Well that is possible, after all we knew it was possible the foul beings who create the Investment Marks might react badly to our ability to remove said marks."
S7trif3 wrote:"Well, crap..."
Anja wrote:"I guess we could ask that little shit Flavian if the one he got Investments from was Lord Steel the Duke of Hate."
Amadeus commented.
He nodded, "Crap, indeed. I will ask Flavian on the way down."

Nicole wrote:'What? The others are being hit?' she said on coming out of the bathroom, clearly alarmed.
Anja wrote:"So it would seam yes Miss Bouchard."
Nicole wrote:'What, at the same time?' giving a frown. 'And when?' already looking much more alert.
Anja wrote:"I believe Mr Wainwright might be better able to tell you that information than me Miss Bouchard as I am still trying to play catch up myself."
He nodded, "Not at once, no; seems a Verbena Barabbi will have the Life Tree plundered for Quintessence while Master Nassa is busy saving you in the past, so a group of Infernalists can summon their dark patron, who appears to have something of a grudge against me for confiscating his Investments, and so starts destroying our allies, lacking access to us... My guess is Chantries Riverside and Westchapel have Infernalists pacted to him, and so he'll spend what power he has the time for until he's beat back, all the while we're busy elsewhere... Well, this time around, we have a bit of forewarning, courtesy of one Mattea Carlyle, when I'll meet her as I'm taking my family, including Shawn, on a trip to the beach on Horizon. Bit of a long story, time loop, but the intel is trustworthy."

((OOC: D&D went well. My Drow city watchman had his new manacles hand-delivered to him by a gnome colleague, and she helped him make sure they worked smoothly all night long... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:25 pm

[Steelhaven's rooms]

He nodded, "Miss Bouchard, I want you to spend some time while we're on Horizon to set up a training schedule for December, to train our Cabal. I won't be able to attend due to prior engagements, including some wounds from which I'll be recovering, but I want you to to make sure everyone is at least comfortable with moving in modest body armour, and has the minimum proficiency with small arms. No magical skill-borrowing; I'm not expecting everyone to show Robin Hood-levels of marksmanship when I get back, just to know how and where to point a gun. Hm, though I'll allow Miss Alexander an exemption."

"I would like an exemption based on the fact I've already had this training, and will likely be very busy dealing with the other duties on horizon and supporting my family. In whatever small time left, I would put to use practicing some spells if I can, it's nice to be able to try to work on developing spells without as much risk of paradox."

"I guess we could ask that little shit Flavian if the one he got Investments from was Lord Steel the Duke of Hate."
Amadeus commented.
He nodded, "Not at once, no; seems a Verbena Barabbi will have the Life Tree plundered for Quintessence while Master Nassa is busy saving you in the past, so a group of Infernalists can summon their dark patron, who appears to have something of a grudge against me for confiscating his Investments, and so starts destroying our allies, lacking access to us... My guess is Chantries Riverside and Westchapel have Infernalists pacted to him, and so he'll spend what power he has the time for until he's beat back, all the while we're busy elsewhere... Well, this time around, we have a bit of forewarning, courtesy of one Mattea Carlyle, when I'll meet her as I'm taking my family, including Shawn, on a trip to the beach on Horizon. Bit of a long story, time loop, but the intel is trustworthy."

"It wouldn't just be him, either would it? I think the one who disguised herself had the same Master?" he mused.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:15 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Mr. Ackermann, when he changes form, does not merely become an owl with a human mind, he becomes an owl, with owl emotions and owl thoughts. Naturally, he finds an owl mate. And his family is quite adorable. Though he's not a were-owl like, say, Ratkin, Garou, or Kitsune."

"Indeed Mr Achermann have a Heart Beast, a twin true form, he is both a owl and a man, but he is not the kind of shapechanger you call the fera, which is a mix of spirit, human and animal created by a powerful Umbrood."
George agreed with a nod.

"Unless you feel cuncofortable with having a widerslainte with a gun near your person then I think it is wise if Beatrice have this training as well, as long as her doctors say that she can handle it and with the understanding that loud noises might stil scare her an then she might have to forgo the training."

He shook his head, "If it were summoned, and then sent in a straight line for us, picking off Chantries along the way... but that doesn't look likely at all."

"No it seams more likely that the Meajin Incarna was summoned and directed at Riverside and Westchapel...unless off course that is a distraction."
George said with a deep frown.

He nodded, "Crap, indeed. I will ask Flavian on the way down."

Amadeus just nodded at that.

"So what we need to do is stop a Meajin Incarna in it's tracks before it can destroy one chanctry and criple another and complicate our Labyrinth run?"
Amadeus said then he frowned.
"Do we have any ways to find out who might be infirnalists, perhaps if we could root those out we can nip this in the bud."
The old Verbena asked. Goerge raised an eyebrow.
"Miss Carlyle the Gilgulled Nephanda and you borught a vampire to Horizon? You will give us all gray hairs Mr Wainwright."

"It wouldn't just be him, either would it? I think the one who disguised herself had the same Master?" he mused.

"Yes it is possible all the infernalists served the same master."
George siad with a sigh running a tired hand over his face.
"Let us hope so it would be worse if it was more powerful, corrupted spirits in the mix."

(OOC: Well it was off course important to know if the cuffs would hold dangerous criminals...now they know. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:50 pm

Nicole wrote:'Popular last words, that.' she quipped, pulling out what appeared to be a paper towel or napkin from the bag and wiping the inside of the bowl. 'But I don't care what you say, you are going to get some basic combat training after all this shit has ended...' pulling out a large bottle of some clear liquid and pouring some of it into the bowl.
Anja wrote:"That would be a wise offer to accept Mr Yager."

"Sounds like I don't have a say in the matter." Serge said simply.

[Waking up]

Nicole wrote:'Yes.' the voice replied from under the fabric. 'But need the john...' ending with a sigh. Then the duvet shifted as Nicole rolled over inside it, then her head appeared with red eyes and hair a complete mess. Pushed herself up and out of the duvet, giving a momentary flash of a rather clichéd lower back tattoo before righting herself and heading off to the bathroom...

Serge just shrugged and put his wallet back in his back pockets, his goal of getting Nicole out of bed already accomplished.

Anja wrote:"Are you well child?"
The old Guernicus asked.
"It can be a bit rough the first time you come out of a time bubble this compressed."

"I'm good. Don't worry." Serge assured.

Nicole wrote:'What? The others are being hit?' she said on coming out of the bathroom, clearly alarmed.
Anja wrote:"So it would seam yes Miss Bouchard."
Nicole wrote:'What, at the same time?' giving a frown. 'And when?' already looking much more alert.
Anja wrote:"I believe Mr Wainwright might be better able to tell you that information than me Miss Bouchard as I am still trying to play catch up myself."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Not at once, no; seems a Verbena Barabbi will have the Life Tree plundered for Quintessence while Master Nassa is busy saving you in the past, so a group of Infernalists can summon their dark patron, who appears to have something of a grudge against me for confiscating his Investments, and so starts destroying our allies, lacking access to us... My guess is Chantries Riverside and Westchapel have Infernalists pacted to him, and so he'll spend what power he has the time for until he's beat back, all the while we're busy elsewhere... Well, this time around, we have a bit of forewarning, courtesy of one Mattea Carlyle, when I'll meet her as I'm taking my family, including Shawn, on a trip to the beach on Horizon. Bit of a long story, time loop, but the intel is trustworthy."
Anja wrote:"So what we need to do is stop a Meajin Incarna in it's tracks before it can destroy one chanctry and criple another and complicate our Labyrinth run?"
"Do we have any ways to find out who might be infirnalists, perhaps if we could root those out we can nip this in the bud."
"Miss Carlyle the Gilgulled Nephanda and you borught a vampire to Horizon? You will give us all gray hairs Mr Wainwright."
Adley wrote:"It wouldn't just be him, either would it? I think the one who disguised herself had the same Master?" he mused.
Anja wrote:"Yes it is possible all the infernalists served the same master."
"Let us hope so it would be worse if it was more powerful, corrupted spirits in the mix."

Serge, who had been absentmindedly eating and not really listening to the others, looked up alarmed upon learning the subject being discussed and listened attentively to Colin's re explanation. "Wait wait hold up!" Serge said making the time out gesture with his hands, "So now we have to stop some infernalist and a Verbana Barrabbi in addition to preventing the time assasination?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:20 pm

[Waking Up]

"I'm good. Don't worry." Serge assured.

"Good to hear child, try eating something it will ground you and make you feel better."
George said kindly.
"There are cookies."

Serge, who had been absentmindedly eating and not really listening to the others, looked up alarmed upon learning the subject being discussed and listened attentively to Colin's re explanation. "Wait wait hold up!" Serge said making the time out gesture with his hands, "So now we have to stop some infernalist and a Verbana Barrabbi in addition to preventing the time assasination?"

"Never a dull moment eh kid, but we still have to do this one thing at the time. I will finish warning my Coven then we will deal with the time problems while others begin to solve the issue with this attack and the Meajin Incarna."
Amadeus said.
"One thing at the time and eventually we will get though this."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:44 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Sounds like I don't have a say in the matter." Serge said simply.
Colin shook his head, "No, you don't."

S7trif3 wrote:"I would like an exemption based on the fact I've already had this training, and will likely be very busy dealing with the other duties on horizon and supporting my family. In whatever small time left, I would put to use practicing some spells if I can, it's nice to be able to try to work on developing spells without as much risk of paradox."
Anja wrote:"Unless you feel cuncofortable with having a widerslainte with a gun near your person then I think it is wise if Beatrice have this training as well, as long as her doctors say that she can handle it and with the understanding that loud noises might stil scare her an then she might have to forgo the training."
He nodded to Adley, "A fair reason; however, my allowing an exemption for Beatrice is based on her condition, and with good ear protection, the loud noises shouldn't be a problem. Bright flashes, though... In any case, I'll leave Miss Bouchard with the final say in when an acceptable minimum proficiency is reached... as you say, you've already had a fair bit of training, so I wouldn't expect you to come up short. And I was not suggesting the training to take place on Horizon, just her planning. The training schedule would be for the month of December, after returning here. And it would not be all day, every day."
He glanced to Nicole, "We can be in agreement on that, can't we?"

Anja wrote:"So what we need to do is stop a Meajin Incarna in it's tracks before it can destroy one chanctry and criple another and complicate our Labyrinth run?"
He smiled thinly, "By then, Miss Carlyle will be a Mercere in her own right, given a small bit of help to work Linearly. And bringing Shawn... will cost me a few favours, certainly, but he'll deserve and need a few days of feeling normal, and going out in the sun. Horizon's suns won't do more than give him a bit of a sunburn over time, so that'll be fine..."

S7trif3 wrote:"It wouldn't just be him, either would it? I think the one who disguised herself had the same Master?" he mused.
Anja wrote:"Yes it is possible all the infernalists served the same master."
He nodded, "The two had the same patron... the infiltrator, though, is not going to be available. I had a word with her reincarnation, ten years hence, just before she passed away in the infirmary..."
He paused for a moment, "Er, that made sense before I said it. In any case, it seems likely the patron in question has more Infernalists bound to him. Hum... I'll get some more sand for the counterattack; this seems like the perfect time to dip a little extra into the supply. Even if it is an absolutely finite resource..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge, who had been absentmindedly eating and not really listening to the others, looked up alarmed upon learning the subject being discussed and listened attentively to Colin's re explanation. "Wait wait hold up!" Serge said making the time out gesture with his hands, "So now we have to stop some infernalist and a Verbana Barrabbi in addition to preventing the time assasination?"
Anja wrote:"Never a dull moment eh kid, but we still have to do this one thing at the time. I will finish warning my Coven then we will deal with the time problems while others begin to solve the issue with this attack and the Meajin Incarna."
Amadeus said.
He nodded, "The forces of darkness are persistent... but yes, we have to stop that as well as the time assassination. Fortunately, we have a decent shot at running interception before the Incarna can be summoned."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:31 pm

[Steelhaven's Apartment 12.15]

Anja's Post:

'More than just that; other problems which need looking at. Such as the fact that this building only has one central stairwell; earlier today the enemies managed to cut us in half, crippling our response.' the Etherite replied, lighting a cigarette.

'I'll be doing a full AAR for the Chief later.'

Colin's Post:

'"Adorable" is debatable.' she replied, picking up her disconnected hand and her Leatherman. 'Where is this... Ackermann?' the wary concern rather obvious.

Colin's Post:

'But the black guy across the street will be most disappointed.' Nicole quipped, using the Leatherman to pull of the back-plate of her usual hand. 'Well, s'pose he can join the modern world and find a cam-girl instead.' ending with a lop-sided grin as she used the pliers to pull out what appeared to be a rust-covered blade from the hand and dropped it into the bowl.

Colin's Post:

'Difficult to know what needs improving before I know where things stand.' Nicole replied continuing to remove the stained blades from the hand. 'Plus, giving everyone basic combat skills was going to be one of the things I suggest to the Chief.'

Serge's Post:

'You need to know how to handle yourself. So if the shit finds the fan, you are able to offer resistance. You still got my pistol?' giving a small grunt as she pulled a blade out of the palm, completely caked in what may be dried blood.

Adley's Post:

'Pzzt. Denied.' the Etherite replied, not even looking up, her head partly surrounded by cigarette smoke as she continued to fiddle around with her hand. 'You don't know what training I'd suggest, we don't know how much the travel lockdown has screwed-up our plans there and most important, the enemy does not wait simply because it is not convenient to you.' a touch of derision at this point.

Colin's Post:

'If she can't handle loud noises and flashes, well her training will be to hide under a bed and keep out of the way.' Nicole replied, looking at the inside of her disconnected hand and then just dumping it all in the filled bowl. 'Dunno about the when part; either in the couple of weeks before Christmas or after New Years.'

Colin's Post:

'Erm... can't Master-' interrupted by a yawn and stretch, providing a view of her naturel armpits '-Nassa simply return back at the same time he left? So there's no point he's "not there". Wait... life-tree? No, don't explain, just where is it and it is a like physical thing?'

[About to send a PM, Serge...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:44 pm

Colin wrote:Colin shook his head, "No, you don't."
Adley wrote:"I would like an exemption based on the fact I've already had this training, and will likely be very busy dealing with the other duties on horizon and supporting my family. In whatever small time left, I would put to use practicing some spells if I can, it's nice to be able to try to work on developing spells without as much risk of paradox."
Nicole wrote:'Pzzt. Denied.' the Etherite replied, not even looking up, her head partly surrounded by cigarette smoke as she continued to fiddle around with her hand. 'You don't know what training I'd suggest, we don't know how much the travel lockdown has screwed-up our plans there and most important, the enemy does not wait simply because it is not convenient to you.' a touch of derision at this point.

"Wait, are you planning to do this training on Horizon?" Serge questioned.

Nicole wrote:'You need to know how to handle yourself. So if the shit finds the fan, you are able to offer resistance. You still got my pistol?' giving a small grunt as she pulled a blade out of the palm, completely caked in what may be dried blood.

"Yeah. It's been on my ankle for a few hours now." Serge said raising his leg slightly and pulling his pant leg up to reveal the small pistol still strapped to his ankles. "Was wondering if you forgot about it. You want it back?"

[Waking Up]

Anja wrote:"Good to hear child, try eating something it will ground you and make you feel better."
George said kindly.
"There are cookies."

Serge began eating the cookies when they were pointed out to him, showing quite a bit more interest in snack food then to regular food.

Anja wrote:"Never a dull moment eh kid, but we still have to do this one thing at the time. I will finish warning my Coven then we will deal with the time problems while others begin to solve the issue with this attack and the Meajin Incarna."
Amadeus said.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "The forces of darkness are persistent... but yes, we have to stop that as well as the time assassination. Fortunately, we have a decent shot at running interception before the Incarna can be summoned."
Nicole wrote:'Erm... can't Master-' interrupted by a yawn and stretch, providing a view of her naturel armpits '-Nassa simply return back at the same time he left? So there's no point he's "not there". Wait... life-tree? No, don't explain, just where is it and it is a like physical thing?'

"Are they draining the life tree in the past? In fact is this all happening in the past?" Serge said, adding his own questions to the bunch.

(OOC: Got it. Thanks for the Insights Nicole!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 am

Nicole wrote:'"Adorable" is debatable.' she replied, picking up her disconnected hand and her Leatherman. 'Where is this... Ackermann?' the wary concern rather obvious.
Colin shrugged, "He might be out flying, he might be at, um... is it Riverside he's at? I honestly don't recall if he told me when we first met, I was somewhat out of it that night in the marshes..."

Nicole wrote:'Difficult to know what needs improving before I know where things stand.' Nicole replied continuing to remove the stained blades from the hand. 'Plus, giving everyone basic combat skills was going to be one of the things I suggest to the Chief.'
He nodded, "You've known us for two months; we had that paintball game, all of us - I think you can make a fair guess based on that. And for now, let's just get the Cabal up to snuff, alright? Time is an issue, after all, and I can't issue orders to the other Chantry members."

Nicole wrote:'Pzzt. Denied.' the Etherite replied, not even looking up, her head partly surrounded by cigarette smoke as she continued to fiddle around with her hand. 'You don't know what training I'd suggest, we don't know how much the travel lockdown has screwed-up our plans there and most important, the enemy does not wait simply because it is not convenient to you.' a touch of derision at this point.
Jeremy wrote:"Wait, are you planning to do this training on Horizon?" Serge questioned.
He smiled thinly, "Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset... but I was not suggesting we spend our time on Horizon practicing earthly combat. Though Miss Bouchard may find some spare time there to draft a rough training regimen."

Nicole wrote:'If she can't handle loud noises and flashes, well her training will be to hide under a bed and keep out of the way.' Nicole replied, looking at the inside of her disconnected hand and then just dumping it all in the filled bowl. 'Dunno about the when part; either in the couple of weeks before Christmas or after New Years.'
He shook his head, "Before Christmas. The Union will make a surprise attack right after New Year's..."
He glanced at Amadeus and George, "Ah, I trust the Deacon Council's preparations are well underway, including the reinforcements I've personally called upon?"

Nicole wrote:'Erm... can't Master-' interrupted by a yawn and stretch, providing a view of her naturel armpits '-Nassa simply return back at the same time he left? So there's no point he's "not there". Wait... life-tree? No, don't explain, just where is it and it is a like physical thing?'
Jeremy wrote:"Are they draining the life tree in the past? In fact is this all happening in the past?" Serge said, adding his own questions to the bunch.
He arched an eyebrow at Nicole, then replied in a reverent tone of voice, "The Life Tree is a real tree. A sacred willow, quite literally glowing with life and rejuvenation... It's hard to explain in a way that does it justice, but... I would recommend you go visit it someday, if the Coven allows. You might come to understand a thing or two that words can't easily convey."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 am

He nodded to Adley, "A fair reason; however, my allowing an exemption for Beatrice is based on her condition, and with good ear protection, the loud noises shouldn't be a problem. Bright flashes, though... In any case, I'll leave Miss Bouchard with the final say in when an acceptable minimum proficiency is reached... as you say, you've already had a fair bit of training, so I wouldn't expect you to come up short. And I was not suggesting the training to take place on Horizon, just her planning. The training schedule would be for the month of December, after returning here. And it would not be all day, every day."

"It is sounds more than ight that scare Beatrice."
"It would have to be checked, take her out shooting for a short session where she can be brought home quickly if it ends up scaring her to much."
He added.

More than just that; other problems which need looking at. Such as the fact that this building only has one central stairwell; earlier today the enemies managed to cut us in half, crippling our response.' the Etherite replied, lighting a cigarette.

"That is harder to fix Miss Bouchard we do not have the money to build a new staircase."
George replied simply.

"Adorable" is debatable.' she replied, picking up her disconnected hand and her Leatherman. 'Where is this... Ackermann?' the wary concern rather obvious.

"Adept Ackermann lives at Chantry Westchape."
"So chances are he is at home at his Chantry at the moment."

You need to know how to handle yourself. So if the shit finds the fan, you are able to offer resistance. You still got my pistol?' giving a small grunt as she pulled a blade out of the palm, completely caked in what may be dried blood.

"Remember Mr Yager that the Union is very good at using things like the serum to turn a person's magick of and when that happens it is good not to just be helpless and be able to do nothing but sit there awaiting your fate."
The old Guernicus said softly.

'If she can't handle loud noises and flashes, well her training will be to hide under a bed and keep out of the way.' Nicole replied, looking at the inside of her disconnected hand and then just dumping it all in the filled bowl. 'Dunno about the when part; either in the couple of weeks before Christmas or after New Years.'

"She have been getting better but yes Beatrice is badly traumatized."
Amadeus said sadly.
"I do not know if she will be able to handle combat training that is why I say we should try and let her off if it scares her."

Colin shrugged, "He might be out flying, he might be at, um... is it Riverside he's at? I honestly don't recall if he told me when we first met, I was somewhat out of it that night in the marshes..."

"Mr Achermann lives at Chantry Westchapel Mr Wainwright."
George replied and Amadeus nodded at that.

He shook his head, "Before Christmas. The Union will make a surprise attack right after New Year's..."
He glanced at Amadeus and George, "Ah, I trust the Deacon Council's preparations are well underway, including the reinforcements I've personally called upon?"

"Yes, we will be ready Mr Wainwright the enemy will not get Beatrice this time, and reinforcements will be coming to aid us."
"We will pull through that attack as well."

He smiled thinly, "By then, Miss Carlyle will be a Mercere in her own right, given a small bit of help to work Linearly. And bringing Shawn... will cost me a few favours, certainly, but he'll deserve and need a few days of feeling normal, and going out in the sun. Horizon's suns won't do more than give him a bit of a sunburn over time, so that'll be fine..."

"Well that makes sense Shawn's vampire blood is weak so I guess there is a chance that the suns on Horizon would be kinder to him that the sun in earth's skies."
George said then he nodded.
"I am glad to hear that Miss Carlyle will make a sort of life for herself, poor woman."

He nodded, "The two had the same patron... the infiltrator, though, is not going to be available. I had a word with her reincarnation, ten years hence, just before she passed away in the infirmary..."
He paused for a moment, "Er, that made sense before I said it. In any case, it seems likely the patron in question has more Infernalists bound to him. Hum... I'll get some more sand for the counterattack; this seems like the perfect time to dip a little extra into the supply. Even if it is an absolutely finite resource..."

"It made perfect sense to me Mr Wainwright."
George said with a nod.
"So one of the prisoners are dead? From the trauma cause when removing her Investments then?"
He asked.
"But yes a Meajin Incarna would have many Infernalists tied to him, and we might have to use some of the sant but we will try to use as little as possible of it."

He nodded, "The forces of darkness are persistent... but yes, we have to stop that as well as the time assassination. Fortunately, we have a decent shot at running interception before the Incarna can be summoned."

"We are going to have to try to do that, stop this whole thing in the bud."
Amadeus said.
"Before the Meajin Incarna can be summoned."

Erm... can't Master-' interrupted by a yawn and stretch, providing a view of her naturel armpits '-Nassa simply return back at the same time he left? So there's no point he's "not there". Wait... life-tree? No, don't explain, just where is it and it is a like physical thing?'

"That was the plan so it might not be more than a coincidence that the Meajin Incarna are being attacked right at the same time, or something might go wrong so that Master Nassa ends up not showing back up in the pressent as intended."
George replied.
"The Tree is physical yes and it is in the marches, in the national park."

Are they draining the life tree in the past? In fact is this all happening in the past?" Serge said, adding his own questions to the bunch.

"We do not know for sure Mr Yager but I do think Mr Wainwright indicate that the tree are drained in the present, I do not know why I was not immediatly returned as planned, something could have gone wrong."
Anadeus replied.

He arched an eyebrow at Nicole, then replied in a reverent tone of voice, "The Life Tree is a real tree. A sacred willow, quite literally glowing with life and rejuvenation... It's hard to explain in a way that does it justice, but... I would recommend you go visit it someday, if the Coven allows. You might come to understand a thing or two that words can't easily convey."

Amadeus smiled a bit at that and nodded.
"We can probably arrange for a visit but yes it is a sacred williow, the seat of my Coven's power, it is filled with the life blood of the Coven members and our enemies making it a great source of power, it also link the Coven members together magickally."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:06 am

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

"Wait wait hold up!" Serge said making the time out gesture with his hands, "So now we have to stop some infernalist and a Verbana Barrabbi in addition to preventing the time assasination?"

"And just like that another head on the hydra. At least we know about it."

"A fair reason; however, my allowing an exemption for Beatrice is based on her condition, and with good ear protection, the loud noises shouldn't be a problem. Bright flashes, though... In any case, I'll leave Miss Bouchard with the final say in when an acceptable minimum proficiency is reached... as you say, you've already had a fair bit of training, so I wouldn't expect you to come up short. And I was not suggesting the training to take place on Horizon, just her planning. The training schedule would be for the month of December, after returning here. And it would not be all day, every day."

"Wait, are you planning to do this training on Horizon?" Serge questioned.

"You said that the training was going to be basic proficiency. I would say that I have a basic handle unless it was in something I am wholly unfamiliar with...perhaps certain rifles, which are not that easy to legally shoot around here. I don't mind keeping up my training but my training needs are different than a beginner. But I am glad to hear that you're not trying to fit a training in on Horizon."

'Pzzt. Denied.' the Etherite replied, not even looking up, her head partly surrounded by cigarette smoke as she continued to fiddle around with her hand. 'You don't know what training I'd suggest, we don't know how much the travel lockdown has screwed-up our plans there and most important, the enemy does not wait simply because it is not convenient to you.' a touch of derision at this point.

"Maybe before you try to find a reason to snipe at me, you could listen to what I'm saying. I didn't say I couldn't learn things from you. My training needs are not that of a beginner, which is what you implied you wanted to do for our cabalmate. So unless you're going to show me something new, that takes into consideration what my skills are, then you're also making assumptions here." He paused a moment as he realized she was /smoking/ in the Primus's chambers and hadn't even asked. "I don't appreciate you bending what I said to make it seem that prioritizing something ahead of what you said was basic training to be a failure in my duties. I've been dealing with this before you got here and have no plans on stopping. I'm highly aware of the enemy's penchant to make problems, like the one we're here to solve. So let's do that and talk about the rest later. What I said was not based on either /mood/ nor "convenience" but a realistic understanding I can't be in more than one place until I know more correspondence." At the description of Bee's state he looked very worried and concerned, though - clearly he was worried about her wellbeing as well as Kyle's in the days to come.

He raised an eyebrow at that.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:13 am

[Master Steelhaven's rooms]

"And just like that another head on the hydra. At least we know about it."

"I think Sodalis it is about time we stop going after the hydra's heads and go for her heart."
George commented. Amadeus nodded.
"Yes but we still have to make sure the heads do not bite us as we do that George."
The Deacon Primus nodded.
"That is so my friend, that is so and we will."

"You said that the training was going to be basic proficiency. I would say that I have a basic handle unless it was in something I am wholly unfamiliar with...perhaps certain rifles, which are not that easy to legally shoot around here. I don't mind keeping up my training but my training needs are different than a beginner. But I am glad to hear that you're not trying to fit a training in on Horizon."

Amadeus sigh at that and he nodded.
"I can attest that Mr Roth Hicks are quite skilled with mundane methods of combat."
The old Verbena said as he had seen you fight.
"Though teaching the Cabal to be able to work together as a unit might be wise. I have a feeling that Jeffry keep his studet drilled in basic combat abilities though."

At the description of Bee's state he looked very worried and concerned, though - clearly he was worried about her wellbeing as well as Kyle's in the days to come.

The old Verbena looked at you when you looked concerned about Beatrice he did not say anything but it was clear that he shared that concern.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:53 am

S7trif3 wrote:"You said that the training was going to be basic proficiency. I would say that I have a basic handle unless it was in something I am wholly unfamiliar with...perhaps certain rifles, which are not that easy to legally shoot around here. I don't mind keeping up my training but my training needs are different than a beginner. But I am glad to hear that you're not trying to fit a training in on Horizon."
Colin nodded, "That would be needlessly rushed, and I don't think there would really be enough free time for more than drafting a rough plan while we're there. I know I have only enough time for sight-seeing on account of having to go a number of places that happen to be sights worth seeing - a photo of a dragon, visit the Seats of Time and Life, if they'll grant the audience on so short notice..."

Anja wrote:"It is sounds more than ight that scare Beatrice."
"It would have to be checked, take her out shooting for a short session where she can be brought home quickly if it ends up scaring her to much."
He added.
He nodded, "Muzzle flashes can be quite upsetting if you're not used to holding a handgun, though - good ear protection should at least alleviate the sharp noises a bit."

S7trif3 wrote:"Maybe before you try to find a reason to snipe at me, you could listen to what I'm saying. I didn't say I couldn't learn things from you. My training needs are not that of a beginner, which is what you implied you wanted to do for our cabalmate. So unless you're going to show me something new, that takes into consideration what my skills are, then you're also making assumptions here." He paused a moment as he realized she was /smoking/ in the Primus's chambers and hadn't even asked. "I don't appreciate you bending what I said to make it seem that prioritizing something ahead of what you said was basic training to be a failure in my duties. I've been dealing with this before you got here and have no plans on stopping. I'm highly aware of the enemy's penchant to make problems, like the one we're here to solve. So let's do that and talk about the rest later. What I said was not based on either /mood/ nor "convenience" but a realistic understanding I can't be in more than one place until I know more correspondence." At the description of Bee's state he looked very worried and concerned, though - clearly he was worried about her wellbeing as well as Kyle's in the days to come.
Anja wrote:Amadeus sigh at that and he nodded.
"I can attest that Mr Roth Hicks are quite skilled with mundane methods of combat."
The old Verbena said as he had seen you fight.
"Though teaching the Cabal to be able to work together as a unit might be wise. I have a feeling that Jeffry keep his studet drilled in basic combat abilities though."
He nodded, "I did mention moving with some body armour, too, though, which I don't recall having seen Adley do. Might particularly want to make sure Beatrice gets an assessment for that, as well - every bit helps. But yes, I can vouch for Adley's weapons proficiency."
He frowned, "Mr. Karyak's probably not going to be much of a point in teaching marksmanship to - he's not going to use guns, anyway, preferring to rely on his sword."

Anja wrote:"Yes, we will be ready Mr Wainwright the enemy will not get Beatrice this time, and reinforcements will be coming to aid us."
"We will pull through that attack as well."
He nodded, "We will."

Anja wrote:"Well that makes sense Shawn's vampire blood is weak so I guess there is a chance that the suns on Horizon would be kinder to him that the sun in earth's skies."
George said then he nodded.
"I am glad to hear that Miss Carlyle will make a sort of life for herself, poor woman."
He smiled thinly, "I should have a word with Shimmer about her, she's the one who will make a pact with her, the dear thing. And yes, Horizon's suns are less harsh to vampires, it seems, regardless of blood potency... Less harsh, but still not so kind that he can spend hours in direct sunlight without damage. Hum... I had a thought, in the future; perhaps some supernatural sunblock could be devised, specifically to protect vampires from sunburn? Well... something to work on another time."

Anja wrote:"It made perfect sense to me Mr Wainwright."
George said with a nod.
"So one of the prisoners are dead? From the trauma cause when removing her Investments then?"
He asked.
"But yes a Meajin Incarna would have many Infernalists tied to him, and we might have to use some of the sant but we will try to use as little as possible of it."
He nodded slowly, "She... had her Investments where we needed to perform meatball surgery to access them. Her next incarnation will be born blind as a result... the removal was likely a great part of it, but not the only factor that led to her death. At least she died free."

Anja wrote:"And just like that another head on the hydra. At least we know about it."
S7trif3 wrote:"I think Sodalis it is about time we stop going after the hydra's heads and go for her heart."
George commented. Amadeus nodded.
"Yes but we still have to make sure the heads do not bite us as we do that George."
The Deacon Primus nodded.
"That is so my friend, that is so and we will."
He nodded, "Iron and fire... We may just have been a little sloppy with the fire part, but tonight, we shall bring it in ample amount."

Anja wrote:"We do not know for sure Mr Yager but I do think Mr Wainwright indicate that the tree are drained in the present, I do not know why I was not immediatly returned as planned, something could have gone wrong."
Anadeus replied.
He nodded, "A wibble in the timestream, perhaps the Chronomancer's work causes a small local disturbance, or the theft from the Life Tree skews your anchor point..."

Anja wrote:Amadeus smiled a bit at that and nodded.
"We can probably arrange for a visit but yes it is a sacred williow, the seat of my Coven's power, it is filled with the life blood of the Coven members and our enemies making it a great source of power, it also link the Coven members together magickally."
He nodded, "It's beautiful. A little grisly, but I still see those golden leaves as vividly as that night, completely shagged out though I was."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next