Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

+2
Meridia Porter
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 21 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Warpmind Fri May 19, 2023 11:32 am

[Back on the street]
Anja wrote:"Not being a picky eater do not mean one can not appreciate good food. Through my lives I have eaten enough terrible food just to survive. I was a Sibirian shaman, during winter we ate bark between the times we could catch fish or game. I have been rich and I have been poor and while I enjoy good quality food I have gone hungry far to many times to be picky."
Amadeus said softly.
Colin nodded, "Very true, she just strikes me as someone who never has taken the time to practice cooking much; I'll allow, that's probably in part based on the grease monkeys I have known... most of them simply haven't taken the time to learn to cook much beyond frying stuff for a quick bite. Not a moral judgment against them, merely a question of priorities."

[Morgan House Later]
Anja wrote:"Now that do sound like quite an adventure."
Helena replied as she headed into the little house.
"A nest egg? Old lab? Oh...and coffee you said."
She continued.
"I will put on a pot then."
Colin grinned, "I suspected you'd be enthused by the suggestion of fresh coffee. I'll have a cup of tea, myself - I just hope Beatrice and friends haven't already finished all my supplies; I'd love a cup of strong Yorkshire Gold right now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58 - Page 21 Empty Re: Daggers in the Dark, Two Suns and New Friends IC Thread 58

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 19, 2023 6:47 pm

[Back on the street]

Colin nodded, "Very true, she just strikes me as someone who never has taken the time to practice cooking much; I'll allow, that's probably in part based on the grease monkeys I have known... most of them simply haven't taken the time to learn to cook much beyond frying stuff for a quick bite. Not a moral judgment against them, merely a question of priorities."

"Perhaps she is simply practical."
Amadeus said.
"Being able to make a healthy meal is quite useful."

[Morgan House Later]

Colin grinned, "I suspected you'd be enthused by the suggestion of fresh coffee. I'll have a cup of tea, myself - I just hope Beatrice and friends haven't already finished all my supplies; I'd love a cup of strong Yorkshire Gold right now."

"I am not sure what a Yorkshire Gold is but I will boil some water for tea as well."
Helena promised as she head to the kitchen.
"Now what can you tell me about the prisoner you saved and also the nest egg?"
The war mage asked as she worked, Jeffry finding cups in the cupboards.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 19, 2023 8:38 pm

[Back on the street]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps she is simply practical."
Amadeus said.
Colin nodded, "That... is a fair description of her, actually. Well, most of the time."

[Morgan House Later]
Anja wrote:"I am not sure what a Yorkshire Gold is but I will boil some water for tea as well."
He grinned, following her to the kitchen, "A tea blend from Yorkshire. And thank you. As for Kallan, he was being excessively abused by Green, and the arrest was a fairly straightforward thing, before we were teleported straight to Graftenberg's, where Kallan's survival is now up to him... I hope he pulls through."
He turned serious, and pulled out the bundle, putting the items down on the kitchen table, "Before things turned... sour, Heylel Teomim hid some small caches of emergency supplies; in the basement of his old laboratory, they hid this bundle - some coin, mostly silver, some Tass crystals, Julius de Medici's documentation of pedigree, two flasks of the first stage of the Philosopher's Stone, and this journal... a most intriguing book indeed. Of course, the shopkeep received her fair cut of the nest egg, including the family records, but the journal is the true prize. Well, and the alchemical flasks are dangerous, of course, but I know just the man who might be able to handle them... I'll have to bring Serge along on more treasure hunts, I'm afraid, but for now, securing this book was more important."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 19, 2023 8:48 pm

[Back on the street]

Colin wrote:Colin wheezed ever so briefly, "If you think 'what all those buttons do' are the basics, oh, dear... But no, airplanes and helicopters handle very differently, and I'm not qualified to teach fighter pilots. And none of the buttons are there to make things look complicated; they're placed mostly as efficiently as can be - close enough to fit, not so close as to make for accidental double-presses..."

"I bet you some of those button never get pressed in the aircrafts entire lifetime. The spirits of those buttons must get really grumpy about that." Serge chuckled.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "She is? Hum, she rather does give off a vibe of someone with an iron stomach and a fairly low bar for what's edible. But I suppose she would know what to do with good ingredients, too."
Anja wrote:"Not being a picky eater do not mean one can not appreciate good food. Through my lives I have eaten enough terrible food just to survive. I was a Sibirian shaman, during winter we ate bark between the times we could catch fish or game. I have been rich and I have been poor and while I enjoy good quality food I have gone hungry far to many times to be picky."
Amadeus said softly.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Very true, she just strikes me as someone who never has taken the time to practice cooking much; I'll allow, that's probably in part based on the grease monkeys I have known... most of them simply haven't taken the time to learn to cook much beyond frying stuff for a quick bite. Not a moral judgment against them, merely a question of priorities."
Anja wrote:"Perhaps she is simply practical."
Amadeus said.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "That... is a fair description of her, actually. Well, most of the time."

"It could also be that she likes to cook." Serge said with a shrug, "Following a set of instruction for a desired output, with the flexibility to improvise along the way along the way. Sounds right up Nick's ally as a engineering type. Not to mention that added bonus of survival practicality."

[Morgan House Later]

Anja wrote:"No not much for an adventure which is a good thing since that means Kyle is safe and well treated."
Helena said.
"We went to the Cultist villa and Kyle was shown to a room which looked less like a cell than a regular bed room, our hosts arranged for books and a playstation to keep my brother entertained and asked what he like to eat. We where concerned over how he would be treated but this arrangement works well. We stayed with Kyle until worry and the relief over a better solution wore him out, and when he laid down for a nap we returned here."
The Flambeau said.
"What about you three?"
She asked.
Colin wrote:He smiled and held up the little bundle from the bookshop, "Kallan is at Graftenberg's, hopefully recovering overnight, and we visited the old lab to retrieve a nest egg hidden away there. I'll show you inside. Oh, and we picked up some tea and some beans for you two, as well; hope they meet your approval. And Quaesitor Green is enjoying the hospitality of the Security Office, much to his displeasure."
Anja wrote:"Now that do sound like quite an adventure."
Helena replied as she headed into the little house.
"A nest egg? Old lab? Oh...and coffee you said."
She continued.
"I will put on a pot then."
Colin wrote:Colin grinned, "I suspected you'd be enthused by the suggestion of fresh coffee. I'll have a cup of tea, myself - I just hope Beatrice and friends haven't already finished all my supplies; I'd love a cup of strong Yorkshire Gold right now."
Anja wrote:"I am not sure what a Yorkshire Gold is but I will boil some water for tea as well."
Colin wrote:He grinned, following her to the kitchen, "A tea blend from Yorkshire. And thank you. As for Kallan, he was being excessively abused by Green, and the arrest was a fairly straightforward thing, before we were teleported straight to Graftenberg's, where Kallan's survival is now up to him... I hope he pulls through."
He turned serious, and pulled out the bundle, putting the items down on the kitchen table, "Before things turned... sour, Heylel Teomim hid some small caches of emergency supplies; in the basement of his old laboratory, they hid this bundle - some coin, mostly silver, some Tass crystals, Julius de Medici's documentation of pedigree, two flasks of the first stage of the Philosopher's Stone, and this journal... a most intriguing book indeed. Of course, the shopkeep received her fair cut of the nest egg, including the family records, but the journal is the true prize. Well, and the alchemical flasks are dangerous, of course, but I know just the man who might be able to handle them... I'll have to bring Serge along on more treasure hunts, I'm afraid, but for now, securing this book was more important."

"I still think those hidden caches should be moved up our priority list. That journal had information related to Nick. Who knows what sort of information could be in the other ones?" Serge said as he took a seat nearby to rest his legs after so much walking. "Are there any other places in Concordia that have a historical connection with Heylel Teomim? Or Salkonias? He's got enough future sight capability to hide a message for future treasure hunters."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 20, 2023 8:19 am

[Back on the street]

Colin nodded, "That... is a fair description of her, actually. Well, most of the time."

Amadeus nodded at that.
"Most of the time."

"I bet you some of those button never get pressed in the aircrafts entire lifetime. The spirits of those buttons must get really grumpy about that." Serge chuckled.

"No kid they are all needed, remember others do not share your Paradigm and do not spend allot of resources and the risk of a plane crashing bu having needlessly complicated controls just to make the control panel look more interesting."
The old Verbena commented.

"It could also be that she likes to cook." Serge said with a shrug, "Following a set of instruction for a desired output, with the flexibility to improvise along the way along the way. Sounds right up Nick's ally as a engineering type. Not to mention that added bonus of survival practicality."

"That is a possibility as well. We could always ask Miss Bouchard why she likes to cook."
Amadeus replied with a shrug.

[Morgan House Later]

He grinned, following her to the kitchen, "A tea blend from Yorkshire. And thank you. As for Kallan, he was being excessively abused by Green, and the arrest was a fairly straightforward thing, before we were teleported straight to Graftenberg's, where Kallan's survival is now up to him... I hope he pulls through."

"That is Green out of the way."
Helena said as she filled water in a pot and went to the stove.
"As for Kallen I guess I hope he pull through as well so we can avoid another widderslainte but I did not think you where quite as callous Mr Wainwright as the only thing ahead of Kallen is...that..."
She said and she shuddered.

Both Hermetics headed over to the table to look at the loot.
"Those bottles that is a incredible find...but yes quite dangerous."
Helena whispered. Jeffry nodded.
"What is in the note book Mr Wainwright?"
He asked.
"I agree though if there are more such nest eggs hidden around Concordia we will have to try to find them."

"I still think those hidden caches should be moved up our priority list. That journal had information related to Nick. Who knows what sort of information could be in the other ones?" Serge said as he took a seat nearby to rest his legs after so much walking. "Are there any other places in Concordia that have a historical connection with Heylel Teomim? Or Salkonias? He's got enough future sight capability to hide a message for future treasure hunters."

"Miss Bouchard...really a future premonition?"
Jeffry asked.
"I agree we should find any other such cashes. As for Heylel Teomim...well his old lab, his grave, the homes of the members of the First Cabal, the old quarters of the Solificati...as for Master Salkonias I do not know but visiting the library might tell us more."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 20, 2023 1:40 pm

[Back on the street]
Jeremy wrote:"I bet you some of those button never get pressed in the aircrafts entire lifetime. The spirits of those buttons must get really grumpy about that." Serge chuckled.
Anja wrote:"No kid they are all needed, remember others do not share your Paradigm and do not spend allot of resources and the risk of a plane crashing bu having needlessly complicated controls just to make the control panel look more interesting."
Colin paused, "Well, in fighter craft, there is actually one button, or rather, a lever which you hope will never be pulled - but it's there, all the same. Serge, can you guess what I am thinking of? But aside from that one, everything in the cockpit serves a clear and logical purpose, and a pilot needs to know what each button does on a near-instinctive level. Any non-functional decorations are a lethal distraction when you're flying at 1,200 mph."

Jeremy wrote:"It could also be that she likes to cook." Serge said with a shrug, "Following a set of instruction for a desired output, with the flexibility to improvise along the way along the way. Sounds right up Nick's ally as a engineering type. Not to mention that added bonus of survival practicality."
Anja wrote:"That is a possibility as well. We could always ask Miss Bouchard why she likes to cook."
Amadeus replied with a shrug.
He nodded thoughtfully, a hint of amusement in his voice, "Perhaps there's more of the mystical alchemist in her than she'd like to admit?"

[Morgan House Later]
Anja wrote:"That is Green out of the way."
Helena said as she filled water in a pot and went to the stove.
"As for Kallen I guess I hope he pull through as well so we can avoid another widderslainte but I did not think you where quite as callous Mr Wainwright as the only thing ahead of Kallen is...that..."
She said and she shuddered.
He frowned, "The physical abuses he went through are... well, his condition might well suggest a postponement of the inevitable. And he has some answers I need. The best thing would be if he expires in his sleep, but I rather need him lucid for just one day, long enough to record a statement about some particularities. If that delay turns out long enough to prove that widderslaintes can be brought back, as it were, that Avatars can be reverted... and given that he's no longer interested in unmaking the world his reincarnated apprentices live in, well... it's a long shot, it would be a miracle to pull it off, but... we are Mages; doing the impossible is our bread and butter."

Anja wrote:Both Hermetics headed over to the table to look at the loot.
"Those bottles that is a incredible find...but yes quite dangerous."
Helena whispered. Jeffry nodded.
"What is in the note book Mr Wainwright?"
He asked.
"I agree though if there are more such nest eggs hidden around Concordia we will have to try to find them."
Jeremy wrote:"I still think those hidden caches should be moved up our priority list. That journal had information related to Nick. Who knows what sort of information could be in the other ones?" Serge said as he took a seat nearby to rest his legs after so much walking. "Are there any other places in Concordia that have a historical connection with Heylel Teomim? Or Salkonias? He's got enough future sight capability to hide a message for future treasure hunters."
Anja wrote:"Miss Bouchard...really a future premonition?"
Jeffry asked.
"I agree we should find any other such cashes. As for Heylel Teomim...well his old lab, his grave, the homes of the members of the First Cabal, the old quarters of the Solificati...as for Master Salkonias I do not know but visiting the library might tell us more."
He nodded, opening the notebook to the picture of Nick, "I agree, we should take a few trips through Concordia and look for the hideaways - though I have to ask for each one, it's not like I suddenly have twenty points of interest on a map or something. I'm not sure they'd be sneaky enough to hide something under their grave marker, though, but I'm still planning to visit it while we're here. It's about time I do..."
He glanced at Serge, "As for the Seer, well, I'd be surprised if your Great-Grandmentor wouldn't have an idea, or suggestion, or perhaps even something left behind for you in secret."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 20, 2023 7:20 pm

[Back on the street]

He nodded thoughtfully, a hint of amusement in his voice, "Perhaps there's more of the mystical alchemist in her than she'd like to admit?"

"i would not put it past her but she would hate that comment I think."
Amadeus said sounding amused.

[Morgan House Later]

He frowned, "The physical abuses he went through are... well, his condition might well suggest a postponement of the inevitable. And he has some answers I need. The best thing would be if he expires in his sleep, but I rather need him lucid for just one day, long enough to record a statement about some particularities. If that delay turns out long enough to prove that widderslaintes can be brought back, as it were, that Avatars can be reverted... and given that he's no longer interested in unmaking the world his reincarnated apprentices live in, well... it's a long shot, it would be a miracle to pull it off, but... we are Mages; doing the impossible is our bread and butter."

"So you really believe the Council will not sentence Kallen to that...if they find out there are some small chance a Avatar could be redeemed? That is a minuscule chance. Also what make you think he will cooperate with you and give you the information you want? Is it critical information?"
Helena said she sounded rather skeptical.

He nodded, opening the notebook to the picture of Nick, "I agree, we should take a few trips through Concordia and look for the hideaways - though I have to ask for each one, it's not like I suddenly have twenty points of interest on a map or something. I'm not sure they'd be sneaky enough to hide something under their grave marker, though, but I'm still planning to visit it while we're here. It's about time I do...

Jeffry nodded at that as he filled coffee mugs for himself and Helena and he looked around to see if anyone else wanted a cup.
"Examining the grave marker might be a good start indeed Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"Ah your water for tea is boiling as well now Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 20, 2023 10:37 pm

[Back on the street]
Anja wrote:"i would not put it past her but she would hate that comment I think."
Amadeus said sounding amused.
Colin chuckled, "Perhaps we should inquire... delicately, or not at all."

[Morgan House Later]
Anja wrote:"So you really believe the Council will not sentence Kallen to that...if they find out there are some small chance a Avatar could be redeemed? That is a minuscule chance. Also what make you think he will cooperate with you and give you the information you want? Is it critical information?"
Helena said she sounded rather skeptical.
He sighed, "Believe? No... it's a really long shot. But I have to try. And... it's quite likely he knows something very, very juicy about a certain Meajin Incarna and his children. Information which might help put the final nail in a pair of coffins..."

Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that as he filled coffee mugs for himself and Helena and he looked around to see if anyone else wanted a cup.
He said.
He nodded and poured himself a cup, with one of the remaining teabags, "Even though I will admit it's fairly unlikely they prepared something there, it's worth visiting."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridia Porter Sun May 21, 2023 4:53 am

[Morgan's House]

Nicole wrote:'So nobody who serves the Technocracy could be, by definition "a nice person"?' thinking of the Progenitor doctor at the airport while putting the case out of the way on a kitchen counter.

"You can have the best intentions and still leave the world a worse place than you left it. Any agent of the Technocracy is no less a pawn than any of the Nephandi, working in some grand machine of supression and supremacy. At some point, you have to question your motives when you choose to be a part of something like that. The Technocracy is no innocent organisation with any sort of pure dedication and just a few bad apples. They are twisted, tryannical deceivers, hell-bent on bringing the whole world to heel and eliminating those they consider deviants. Rotted all to the core. So, yes, I think it is delusional to consider oneself nice if involved in something like that."

Her words are unusually harsh for the response, likely because she perceives the Union to be made up of truly Godless creatures.

[Concordia]

Nicole wrote:'Or incompetent. Why did you think they were capable of providing security?'

"They were more experienced than we were, and we thought we were big fish ourselves." Meridia cringes a little at this.

Nicole wrote:'That time will come... it always does. Question is, who has to die to learn it and whether they're able to put those lessons into action afterwards.'

There's little response to this, if she has any thoughts, she doesn't volunteer them, simply looking more contemplative than before.

A moment's silence before replying. 'Many things. A good start is to know the difference between battle and war.'

"We should always be at war with the Fallen, bringing our best. But clearly that isn't the case..."

[Paul's Grocery]

Nicole wrote:'Remember, get a load of stuff which can be eaten cold.' she replied, grabbing a basket herself and starting to move down the aisle, picking up an apple and eyeing it critically. 'That is unless you desire to be drafted to be chained to the stove.'

Meridia nods in response, she's not good at cooking, but she doesn't mind the thought of it. It's less a "traditional" thing for her, moreso that she enjoys the act of creation in any form, and choosing to prepare food for others is an act she truly respects. With that, she's away.

Fresh Produce wrote:There was a fresh produce section, most of it was normal fruit and vegetable, carrots, apples, bananas, tomato and so on but there was also some stranger fruits like a really bright green thing with yellow stripes you had never seen, and some really oddly shaped roots. There seamed to be a pretty good selection of healthy food though.

Here is where Meridia takes a little time, selecting through the various fruits, roots and vegetables on offer. She's no culinary expert, but she knows that many of these ingredients can be used to make tasty meals for cheap, especially for the famished. Time spent in soup kitchens makes her gravitate towards a stew of some sort, but she balances herself out by grabbing some materials for a salad too.

When she finishes her selections, she's bearing a decent variety. Leafy greens, Red tomatoes, Varied berries, Yellow bananas, Juicy oranges and some White cauliflower make for a beautiful colour pallette to paint the plate with. Some of this can just be served and eaten, there is some small amount of preperation involved in other potential meals. She picks up some corn, beans and rice while she's there, making sure to keep things on the cheaper side still. She hopes Nicole would have picked up some meat to go with things, and keeps an eye out for any good looking potatoes while she's here.

She doesn't want to take too long, so moves with a measured quickness, ensuring to get what she needs while also making good pace on her selections. She remembers honing this talent behind restuarants and the odd wholesale store, ensuring that she gets all the goodies before anyone spots her or dumps away junk on top.

All the while, she hums soft hyms to keep herself in a positive state of mind. Recent conversations have really brought her down, so a little uplift isn't hurting her.
Meridia Porter
Meridia Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 21, 2023 5:31 am

[Back on the street]

Anja wrote:"No kid they are all needed, remember others do not share your Paradigm and do not spend allot of resources and the risk of a plane crashing bu having needlessly complicated controls just to make the control panel look more interesting."
Colin wrote:Colin paused, "Well, in fighter craft, there is actually one button, or rather, a lever which you hope will never be pulled - but it's there, all the same. Serge, can you guess what I am thinking of? But aside from that one, everything in the cockpit serves a clear and logical purpose, and a pilot needs to know what each button does on a near-instinctive level. Any non-functional decorations are a lethal distraction when you're flying at 1,200 mph."

"I'm assuming it's the eject button. Or eject lever. It's been featured in way too many shows to not have some sort of real-life counterpart." Serge guessed. "The last ditched attempt to save the pilot when the ships been irreparably damaged during a fight."

[Morgan House Later]

Anja wrote:"Miss Bouchard...really a future premonition?"
Jeffry asked.
Colin wrote:He nodded, opening the notebook to the picture of Nick, "I agree, we should take a few trips through Concordia and look for the hideaways - though I have to ask for each one, it's not like I suddenly have twenty points of interest on a map or something. I'm not sure they'd be sneaky enough to hide something under their grave marker, though, but I'm still planning to visit it while we're here. It's about time I do..."
He glanced at Serge, "As for the Seer, well, I'd be surprised if your Great-Grandmentor wouldn't have an idea, or suggestion, or perhaps even something left behind for you in secret."
Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that as he filled coffee mugs for himself and Helena and he looked around to see if anyone else wanted a cup.
He said.
Colin wrote:He nodded and poured himself a cup, with one of the remaining teabags, "Even though I will admit it's fairly unlikely they prepared something there, it's worth visiting."

"I hope something left behind for me. So far you and Nick found some kind of cool stuff while we're here." Serge said with a sigh. He politely refused the offer for coffee, his feelings on the drink quite well-known to those in the room. "Asking Master Babu is a good idea. She's bound to know something. I was planning on visiting Kyle anyways. Wouldn't mind the houses of the First Cabal as well. They gotta do historical tours of those places right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2023 8:19 am

[Morgan's House]

"You can have the best intentions and still leave the world a worse place than you left it. Any agent of the Technocracy is no less a pawn than any of the Nephandi, working in some grand machine of supression and supremacy. At some point, you have to question your motives when you choose to be a part of something like that. The Technocracy is no innocent organisation with any sort of pure dedication and just a few bad apples. They are twisted, tryannical deceivers, hell-bent on bringing the whole world to heel and eliminating those they consider deviants. Rotted all to the core. So, yes, I think it is delusional to consider oneself nice if involved in something like that."

Her words are unusually harsh for the response, likely because she perceives the Union to be made up of truly Godless creatures.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Amadeus said with a sigh.
"I agree though the Union generally are tyrants, and they did start the war. However I have more sympathy towards the Technocrats than the Nephandi even if both are enemies of Ascension."
The old Verbena mused.

[Back on the street]

Colin chuckled, "Perhaps we should inquire... delicately, or not at all."

"Yeah not at all is probably best."
Amadeus said with a chuckle.

[Morgan House Later]

He sighed, "Believe? No... it's a really long shot. But I have to try. And... it's quite likely he knows something very, very juicy about a certain Meajin Incarna and his children. Information which might help put the final nail in a pair of coffins..."

"We have to see what happens when he wakes up then."
Helena agreed.

He nodded and poured himself a cup, with one of the remaining teabags, "Even though I will admit it's fairly unlikely they prepared something there, it's worth visiting."

"There might be protesters there though, often protests against Gi...."
Jeffry stopped talking as Beatrice came into the kitchen fresh from her nap.
"Ehm yes...there might be protesters."
He said as Beatrice looked at him a bit funny.
"Ehm...a cup of tea Miss Alexander?"
"Yes please Master Morgan."
She said.
"Hello Colin...Mentor...Serge you are back."

"I hope something left behind for me. So far you and Nick found some kind of cool stuff while we're here." Serge said with a sigh. He politely refused the offer for coffee, his feelings on the drink quite well-known to those in the room. "Asking Master Babu is a good idea. She's bound to know something. I was planning on visiting Kyle anyways. Wouldn't mind the houses of the First Cabal as well. They gotta do historical tours of those places right?"

"They do have historical tours yes so finding the abodes of the First Cabal should not be hard."
Jeffry said.
"You might want to talk with Master Fall Breeze as well she is a complete reincarnation so she have memories from back in the day."
He suggested a thing which made Amadeus sigh as he went to make himself a cup of tea as well.

[Paul's Grocery]

Here is where Meridia takes a little time, selecting through the various fruits, roots and vegetables on offer. She's no culinary expert, but she knows that many of these ingredients can be used to make tasty meals for cheap, especially for the famished. Time spent in soup kitchens makes her gravitate towards a stew of some sort, but she balances herself out by grabbing some materials for a salad too.

When she finishes her selections, she's bearing a decent variety. Leafy greens, Red tomatoes, Varied berries, Yellow bananas, Juicy oranges and some White cauliflower make for a beautiful colour pallette to paint the plate with. Some of this can just be served and eaten, there is some small amount of preperation involved in other potential meals. She picks up some corn, beans and rice while she's there, making sure to keep things on the cheaper side still. She hopes Nicole would have picked up some meat to go with things, and keeps an eye out for any good looking potatoes while she's here.

She doesn't want to take too long, so moves with a measured quickness, ensuring to get what she needs while also making good pace on her selections. She remembers honing this talent behind restuarants and the odd wholesale store, ensuring that she gets all the goodies before anyone spots her or dumps away junk on top.

All the while, she hums soft hyms to keep herself in a positive state of mind. Recent conversations have really brought her down, so a little uplift isn't hurting her.

You found a good selection of vegetables. A middle aged woman in long robes with a shopping basked on her arm gave you a smile as she went to pick up apples.
"You sing beautifully Miss."
She said politely as she tried to decide between red and yellow apples.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 21, 2023 9:06 am

[Back on the street]
Jeremy wrote:"I'm assuming it's the eject button. Or eject lever. It's been featured in way too many shows to not have some sort of real-life counterpart." Serge guessed. "The last ditched attempt to save the pilot when the ships been irreparably damaged during a fight."
Colin nodded, "Got it in one... no-one wants to use an ejector seat. Certainly, it will get you out of a doomed plane - but the spinal compression fractures may mean you'll never fly again. Probably not the first time, but at some point, your spine will either be too damaged, or you will have shortened too much to fit in the seat."

[Morgan House Later]
Anja wrote:"We have to see what happens when he wakes up then."
Helena agreed.
He nodded, "For what it's worth, I... would not object too harshly if he simply faded away in his sleep after I question him. I am not convinced his widderslainte would return as an absolute monster..."

Anja wrote:"There might be protesters there though, often protests against Gi...."
She said.
He nodded, "Of course there might be protests... Hello, Bee. Everything good here while we were away?"

Jeremy wrote:"I hope something left behind for me. So far you and Nick found some kind of cool stuff while we're here." Serge said with a sigh. He politely refused the offer for coffee, his feelings on the drink quite well-known to those in the room. "Asking Master Babu is a good idea. She's bound to know something. I was planning on visiting Kyle anyways. Wouldn't mind the houses of the First Cabal as well. They gotta do historical tours of those places right?"
He sipped his tea smugly, "I didn't say we should ask Master Babu, I said your Great-Grandmentor. I rather expect we'll receive an invitation to speak with her, in any case, soon as she clears her schedule."

Anja wrote:"They do have historical tours yes so finding the abodes of the First Cabal should not be hard."
Jeffry said.
"You might want to talk with Master Fall Breeze as well she is a complete reincarnation so she have memories from back in the day."
He suggested a thing which made Amadeus sigh as he went to make himself a cup of tea as well.
He nodded, "I will seek an audience with Fall Breeze, too... I just hope she's willing to talk; it... well, last time we spoke was not exactly under the best circumstances, after all..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2023 9:21 am

[Morgan House Later]

He nodded, "For what it's worth, I... would not object too harshly if he simply faded away in his sleep after I question him. I am not convinced his widderslainte would return as an absolute monster..."

"We can hope but remember most Widderslainte is not like Miss Alexander or my brother, most of them are horrible monsters."
Helena replied with a sigh.
"I guess we have to wait and see."

He nodded, "Of course there might be protests... Hello, Bee. Everything good here while we were away?"

"Yes I showed Tragedy the garden and a place to put her things, and then I took a nap. The others went out to get food...ah yes Tragedy and Miss Porter, well Tragedy are my sister and Miss Porter are her friend they are in trouble and my Mentor is helping them."
Beatrice said before she accepted a cup of tea from Jeffry. She looked from Jeffry to Helena to Colin raising an eyebrow.

He sipped his tea smugly, "I didn't say we should ask Master Babu, I said your Great-Grandmentor. I rather expect we'll receive an invitation to speak with her, in any case, soon as she clears her schedule."

"Marianna of Balador...the Prima herself? My you have friends in high places Mr Wainwright."
Helena commented.

He nodded, "I will seek an audience with Fall Breeze, too... I just hope she's willing to talk; it... well, last time we spoke was not exactly under the best circumstances, after all..."

"Let us hope you do not end up in the cell next to Kyle Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry commented sipping his coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 21, 2023 9:36 am

[Morgan House Later]
Anja wrote:"We can hope but remember most Widderslainte is not like Miss Alexander or my brother, most of them are horrible monsters."
Helena replied with a sigh.
"I guess we have to wait and see."
Colin nodded, "Most... but Kallan Fell through grief and loss, not malice. And he came around through love for his reincarnated apprentices... I would say he has a better shot than most. But it is a long shot, I know..."

Anja wrote:"Yes I showed Tragedy the garden and a place to put her things, and then I took a nap. The others went out to get food...ah yes Tragedy and Miss Porter, well Tragedy are my sister and Miss Porter are her friend they are in trouble and my Mentor is helping them."
Beatrice said before she accepted a cup of tea from Jeffry. She looked from Jeffry to Helena to Colin raising an eyebrow.
He arched an eyebrow and looked toward Amadeus, "Indeed, Tragedy showed up at our doorstep... just as you said. Well, we'll just have to see what we can do."

Anja wrote:"Marianna of Balador...the Prima herself? My you have friends in high places Mr Wainwright."
Helena commented.
He smiled thinly, "I wouldn't say 'friends'... but Master Babu did... pass along a peculiar message when she visited. And I sent word that I have found the Seer's heir. I rather expect she'll be curious enough to send for us."

Anja wrote:"Let us hope you do not end up in the cell next to Kyle Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry commented sipping his coffee.
He grimaced, "Seems more likely I'll end up in the hospital bed next to Kallan, if things turn sour... Fall Breeze can do things to a human body that no-one ought to experience."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 21, 2023 9:58 am

[Back on the street]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Got it in one... no-one wants to use an ejector seat. Certainly, it will get you out of a doomed plane - but the spinal compression fractures may mean you'll never fly again. Probably not the first time, but at some point, your spine will either be too damaged, or you will have shortened too much to fit in the seat."

"Assuming you don't get shot out of the air by the enemy pilot as your parachuting down." Serge said, wondering why he didn't see that more often in show that featured such grand escapes.

[Morgan House Later]

Anja wrote:"There might be protesters there though, often protests against Gi...."
She said.

"Hey Bea." Serge said waving at the new arrival.

Colin wrote:He sipped his tea smugly, "I didn't say we should ask Master Babu, I said your Great-Grandmentor. I rather expect we'll receive an invitation to speak with her, in any case, soon as she clears her schedule."
Anja wrote:"Marianna of Balador...the Prima herself? My you have friends in high places Mr Wainwright."
Helena commented.
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "I wouldn't say 'friends'... but Master Babu did... pass along a peculiar message when she visited. And I sent word that I have found the Seer's heir. I rather expect she'll be curious enough to send for us."

"Oh there was a 'great' before grandmentor. Yeah that makes sense as well." Serge said feeling slightly embarrassed to have misheard his cabal leader. Though he couldn't really blame himself. He had only learned recently of his rather impressive magickal heritage and wasn't particularly used to having such grandiose connection. He also felt a little bit of guilt at seeing his cabal leader leveraging his own familial connections better than he could.

He sighed and said, "I have an open invitation to the Cult of Ecstasy Pocket Realm. I wouldn't be surprised if that invitation to meet her was waiting until we set foot in that realm. Or it could be on it's way now. Either way we'll get that invite at the most opportune moment. That's how Ecstatics seem to work."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 21, 2023 10:43 am

[Back on the street]
Jeremy wrote:"Assuming you don't get shot out of the air by the enemy pilot as your parachuting down." Serge said, wondering why he didn't see that more often in show that featured such grand escapes.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, seeing as that's been a war crime since 1949... you're unlikely to be targeted on the way down. Once on the ground, though..."

[Morgan House Later]
Jeremy wrote:"Oh there was a 'great' before grandmentor. Yeah that makes sense as well." Serge said feeling slightly embarrassed to have misheard his cabal leader. Though he couldn't really blame himself. He had only learned recently of his rather impressive magickal heritage and wasn't particularly used to having such grandiose connection. He also felt a little bit of guilt at seeing his cabal leader leveraging his own familial connections better than he could.

He sighed and said, "I have an open invitation to the Cult of Ecstasy Pocket Realm. I wouldn't be surprised if that invitation to meet her was waiting until we set foot in that realm. Or it could be on it's way now. Either way we'll get that invite at the most opportune moment. That's how Ecstatics seem to work."
He grinned, "Indeed, your Tradition does have a certain flair for timing. We'll see how soon word comes around."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2023 12:36 pm

[Morgan House Later]

Colin nodded, "Most... but Kallan Fell through grief and loss, not malice. And he came around through love for his reincarnated apprentices... I would say he has a better shot than most. But it is a long shot, I know..."

"You may be right Mr Wainwright, but you would be surprised at how many horrible people ended up like that out of pain and grief, that is not a shield for him being reborn as a more typical widderslainte."
Helena said then she gave a sort of sigh.
"I mean our fiction obsessed friend here."
She gave a toss of her head towards Serge.
"Can tell you how rare someone like my brother or Beatrice Alexander would be if we look at common fiction tropes."

He arched an eyebrow and looked toward Amadeus, "Indeed, Tragedy showed up at our doorstep... just as you said. Well, we'll just have to see what we can do."

"Indeed she did...and we do have room at Steelhaven Hall though off course we will have to discuss the matter in the Deacon Council."
Amadeus replied with a wry smile.

He smiled thinly, "I wouldn't say 'friends'... but Master Babu did... pass along a peculiar message when she visited. And I sent word that I have found the Seer's heir. I rather expect she'll be curious enough to send for us."

"That is true but yes your list of contacts do seam to grow ever more impressive my good man."
Helena said raising an eyebrow.

He grimaced, "Seems more likely I'll end up in the hospital bed next to Kallan, if things turn sour... Fall Breeze can do things to a human body that no-one ought to experience."

"That she can."
Jeffry said dryly.
"I would not want to run afoul a Master Akashic."

Hey Bea." Serge said waving at the new arrival.

"Hi Serge."
Beatrice said.
"I have an orange juice bottle in my bag if you like."
She said and pointed towards one of the bedrooms.
"I know you don't like coffee or tea."

"Oh there was a 'great' before grandmentor. Yeah that makes sense as well." Serge said feeling slightly embarrassed to have misheard his cabal leader. Though he couldn't really blame himself. He had only learned recently of his rather impressive magickal heritage and wasn't particularly used to having such grandiose connection. He also felt a little bit of guilt at seeing his cabal leader leveraging his own familial connections better than he could.

"You are part of a proud magical linage kid."
Helena said.
"But yes if a few of you where heading to the Cultist villa to visit Kyle you can see who you run into, often Cultists as Mr Wainwright say have a knack for being at the right place at the right time. In fact we could always split up some of us could check out the cemetery and the others go and speak with the Cultists."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 21, 2023 1:58 pm

[Morgan's House]

Meridia's Post:

The Etherite didn't reply to this, merely looked at the Chorister for a moment curiously, like they were being tested or something.

Anja's Post:

'Does it matter who "started it"? Really?' Nicole replied in a nonchalant manner, acutely aware of being the lineal descendant of those who "started it". Allegedly.

'Anyways, time to head off to the store...' picking up her coat and pulling it on...

[Seemed a good time to end this scene; they don't really have IC time for a long discussion anyway...]

[Concordia]

Meridia's Post:

'Experienced? Or simply outranked you?'

Meridia's Post:

'No, it isn't.' the large woman replied in a nonchalant manner, as though merely stating a piece of obvious fact.

[Paul's Grocery]

Meridia's Post:

Seeing that the Chorister seemed to on a personal mission to make everyone eat their greens, Nicole moved over towards the chiller cabinets. Reasoning, if nothing else nobody would desire raw califlower for lunch.

[Free free to ask Nick whaever, Meridia; happy to play Miss Infodump here.]

[How old-fashioned is the grocery, Great One? Usual drill; pick a rough date and I'll fill the scene with flavour comments.]

[Morgan's House, Lunch]

Anja's Post:

'We did buy some, y'know. Ain't it been put out?' Nicole's voice called out, coming into the kitchen via the external door. The Etherite had clearly changed, and "dressed up" too; turtleneck, plain trousers, minimal jewellery and clutching an woollen overcoat over one arm.

[If Serge is mentioning the scene where he introduced Cava, it was a cake, not a pie. Pineapple sponge cake, if I recall.]

[I think we can assume here that the kitchen table has been laid out for a buffet lunch.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 21, 2023 2:21 pm

[Morgan House Later]
Anja wrote:"You may be right Mr Wainwright, but you would be surprised at how many horrible people ended up like that out of pain and grief, that is not a shield for him being reborn as a more typical widderslainte."
"Can tell you how rare someone like my brother or Beatrice Alexander would be if we look at common fiction tropes."
Colin smiled wryly, "Fiction tropes aside, it does seem like the mindset of the previous incarnation plays a major part in the disposition of the next, as Bee is very much proof of... and while it's not a shield, as you put it, if Kallan dies at peace, it seems likely that will be a small nudge on the scale, at the very least. I don't expect anything, but I do have to hold on to hope for the best, and work toward that."

Anja wrote:"Indeed she did...and we do have room at Steelhaven Hall though off course we will have to discuss the matter in the Deacon Council."
Amadeus replied with a wry smile.
He shrugged, "Well, with two Deacons present, I'm sure a lot of the bureaucracy could be managed fairly swiftly."

Anja wrote:"That is true but yes your list of contacts do seam to grow ever more impressive my good man."
Helena said raising an eyebrow.
He smiled a little smugly, "I have had good fortune in that regard, certainly."

Anja wrote:"Hi Serge."
Beatrice said.
Nicole wrote:'We did buy some, y'know. Ain't it been put out?' Nicole's voice called out, coming into the kitchen via the external door. The Etherite had clearly changed, and "dressed up" too; turtleneck, plain trousers, minimal jewellery and clutching an woollen overcoat over one arm.
He arched an eyebrow at Nicole, "Ah, there you are, hm, headed for the conference? I actually wanted to ask if you'd like to get something to check the age of a book, but I can't let you take the book with you. Kind of sensitive contents... and I quote, 'My dear friend described seeing a woman in his visions, and last night I saw her as well, I wonder who this knight is with her metal arm, I confess to not knowing the answer to this mystery yet.' A most intriguing find, a 15th-century notebook with you in it, wouldn't you say?"

Anja wrote:"You are part of a proud magical linage kid."
Helena said.
"But yes if a few of you where heading to the Cultist villa to visit Kyle you can see who you run into, often Cultists as Mr Wainwright say have a knack for being at the right place at the right time. In fact we could always split up some of us could check out the cemetery and the others go and speak with the Cultists."
He nodded, "I also need to swing by the Security Office's dungeon again, to see Patrick Dale, and to give him some candy and encouragement..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 21, 2023 5:19 pm

[Back on the street]

Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, "Well, seeing as that's been a war crime since 1949... you're unlikely to be targeted on the way down. Once on the ground, though..."

"Well at least its in the war rulebook. Though from what I've heard about war it's mostly for the sentiment." Serge said.

[Morgan House Later]

Anja wrote:"You may be right Mr Wainwright, but you would be surprised at how many horrible people ended up like that out of pain and grief, that is not a shield for him being reborn as a more typical widderslainte."

"Well usually in stories the rarer something is, the more likely it is to occur." Serge mused, "It's a matter of perspective. On the story as a whole and the characters within it."

Anja wrote:"Hi Serge."
Beatrice said.

"Thanks but it's not needed. I'm not gonna stay long. Sitting around eating and drinking will just make me feel guilty."

Nicole wrote:'We did buy some, y'know. Ain't it been put out?' Nicole's voice called out, coming into the kitchen via the external door. The Etherite had clearly changed, and "dressed up" too; turtleneck, plain trousers, minimal jewellery and clutching an woollen overcoat over one arm.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow at Nicole, "Ah, there you are, hm, headed for the conference? I actually wanted to ask if you'd like to get something to check the age of a book, but I can't let you take the book with you. Kind of sensitive contents... and I quote, 'My dear friend described seeing a woman in his visions, and last night I saw her as well, I wonder who this knight is with her metal arm, I confess to not knowing the answer to this mystery yet.' A most intriguing find, a 15th-century notebook with you in it, wouldn't you say?"

"Hey it's Nick! Woooooo! Nick!" Serge said, celebrating as if something extraordinary happen with his cabalmates arrival. "Anyway yeah. We found something interesting that you might want to take a look at."

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Indeed, your Tradition does have a certain flair for timing. We'll see how soon word comes around."
Anja wrote:"You are part of a proud magical linage kid."
Helena said.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I also need to swing by the Security Office's dungeon again, to see Patrick Dale, and to give him some candy and encouragement..."

"I'll be on Cultist speaking duty then. Do you guys know if those houses of the First Cabal are near the Cultist villa? I might 'accidently' run into one of them on my way over."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 21, 2023 9:52 pm

[Morgan's House]

Does it matter who "started it"? Really?' Nicole replied in a nonchalant manner, acutely aware of being the lineal descendant of those who "started it". Allegedly.

'Anyways, time to head off to the store...' picking up her coat and pulling it on...

"If we ever hope to resolve the situation it do matter, there are still mages who remember how the Order of Reason started hunting us down and only in the safety in numbers we found when we formed the Council of the Nine Mythic Traditions did we get the power to fight back."
Amadeus said.
"Perhaps it should not matter...but not everyone will be able to be the bigger person."

[Paul's Grocery]

Seeing that the Chorister seemed to on a personal mission to make everyone eat their greens, Nicole moved over towards the chiller cabinets. Reasoning, if nothing else nobody would desire raw califlower for lunch.

You found a selection of meat in the cold counter, both common things like steaks and cutlets and sossages of pig and cow but also more exotic meat of things such as dinosaurs.

[Morgan's House, Lunch]

'We did buy some, y'know. Ain't it been put out?' Nicole's voice called out, coming into the kitchen via the external door. The Etherite had clearly changed, and "dressed up" too; turtleneck, plain trousers, minimal jewellery and clutching an woollen overcoat over one arm.

"I did not know you where back Nicole."
Beatrice said and she smiled to the Etherite.
"What did you guys get? Let me check the fridge and get lunch started."

Colin smiled wryly, "Fiction tropes aside, it does seem like the mindset of the previous incarnation plays a major part in the disposition of the next, as Bee is very much proof of... and while it's not a shield, as you put it, if Kallan dies at peace, it seems likely that will be a small nudge on the scale, at the very least. I don't expect anything, but I do have to hold on to hope for the best, and work toward that."

"Well I guess it is pointless to speculate Mr Wainwright all we can do is wait and see."
Helena said but she seamed rather skeptical.

He shrugged, "Well, with two Deacons present, I'm sure a lot of the bureaucracy could be managed fairly swiftly."

"Hopefully so, I would like to offer the girls a home."
Amadeus replied.

He smiled a little smugly, "I have had good fortune in that regard, certainly."

Helena just raised an eyebrow at that with a wry smile.
"Indeed you do Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "I also need to swing by the Security Office's dungeon again, to see Patrick Dale, and to give him some candy and encouragement..."

"The graveyard is fairly close to Chantry Horizon so what if one group check the cemetery and drop by the Security Council and the other go to talk with the Cultists."
Jeffry suggested.

"Well usually in stories the rarer something is, the more likely it is to occur." Serge mused, "It's a matter of perspective. On the story as a whole and the characters within it."

"Well I guess we have two, Miss Alexander and Kyle, and then there is Amanda and that girl in Chicago Molly...and Miss Florentine before her...well...I guess there is a few, perhaps you are right Mr Yager."
Helena said with a sigh.

"Thanks but it's not needed. I'm not gonna stay long. Sitting around eating and drinking will just make me feel guilty."

"You need to take care of yourself Serge, what is there to feel guilty about?"
Beatrice asked softly.

"I'll be on Cultist speaking duty then. Do you guys know if those houses of the First Cabal are near the Cultist villa? I might 'accidently' run into one of them on my way over."

"I believe one of them are...hum I have a map somewhere let me see if I can find it, I will head to the library."
Jeffry said and he took his coffee with him and wandered off into the hallway and towards one of the first floor rooms Serge and Bee did not check out.

(OOC: I am thinking like a 80's small town grocery store/bodega.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 21, 2023 11:50 pm

[Back on the street]
Jeremy wrote:"Well at least its in the war rulebook. Though from what I've heard about war it's mostly for the sentiment." Serge said.
Colin arched an eyebrow, tone a little chilly, "The rules on war are nigh-sacred, son. Every last one of them is written in blood, they're there to prevent atrocities from happening again... Enforcement is not perfect, I'll allow, but nevertheless..."

[Morgan House, Lunch]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess it is pointless to speculate Mr Wainwright all we can do is wait and see."
Helena said but she seamed rather skeptical.
Jeremy wrote:"Well usually in stories the rarer something is, the more likely it is to occur." Serge mused, "It's a matter of perspective. On the story as a whole and the characters within it."
Anja wrote:"Well I guess we have two, Miss Alexander and Kyle, and then there is Amanda and that girl in Chicago Molly...and Miss Florentine before her...well...I guess there is a few, perhaps you are right Mr Yager."
Helena said with a sigh.
He smiled thinly, "Every now and then, I wonder if someone has a lump of Narrativium in their pocket..."

Anja wrote:"The graveyard is fairly close to Chantry Horizon so what if one group check the cemetery and drop by the Security Council and the other go to talk with the Cultists."
Jeffry suggested.
Jeremy wrote:"I'll be on Cultist speaking duty then. Do you guys know if those houses of the First Cabal are near the Cultist villa? I might 'accidently' run into one of them on my way over."
Anja wrote:"I believe one of them are...hum I have a map somewhere let me see if I can find it, I will head to the library."
Jeffry said and he took his coffee with him and wandered off into the hallway and towards one of the first floor rooms Serge and Bee did not check out.
He smiled thinly, "I do believe Akrites lived virtually just around the corner from the Cultist villa, and... I think Louis had a place near the Security Office? That sounds about right..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 22, 2023 12:12 am

[Morgan's House, Lunch]

Serge's Post:

Colin's Post:

'Yes, I am.' she replied dryly, giving a nod of greeting to Serge. 'Don't know much 'bout that kind of thing. Sounds much more the Hermetics' game... old things, books and all that.' tone as though it was about as much personal interest as being asked whether it was time for someone to get a new set of tyres.

Anja's Post:

'Got some salady items, cold cuts, bread... y'know, usual stuff. As well as coffee, which I notice somebody discovered.' giving a little shrug. 'We just shoved the refrigerated bits in 'cos we didn't know how long folks would be.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 22, 2023 1:12 am

[Morgan's House, Lunch]
Nicole wrote:'Yes, I am.' she replied dryly, giving a nod of greeting to Serge. 'Don't know much 'bout that kind of thing. Sounds much more the Hermetics' game... old things, books and all that.' tone as though it was about as much personal interest as being asked whether it was time for someone to get a new set of tyres.
Colin smiled thinly, turning the book around, showing Nicole the drawing of her, "I'd rather not pass this book around, I was thinking of something for carbon dating... I know the book's age and author, I just thought you might wish to confirm for yourself the significance of your portrayal in it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 22, 2023 6:29 am

[Back on the street]

Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, tone a little chilly, "The rules on war are nigh-sacred, son. Every last one of them is written in blood, they're there to prevent atrocities from happening again... Enforcement is not perfect, I'll allow, but nevertheless..."

"Don't worry, I get the importance of those rules. If only everyone did as well..." Serge said sighing a little afterwards.

[Morgan's House, Lunch]

Anja wrote:"Well I guess we have two, Miss Alexander and Kyle, and then there is Amanda and that girl in Chicago Molly...and Miss Florentine before her...well...I guess there is a few, perhaps you are right Mr Yager."
Helena said with a sigh.
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "Every now and then, I wonder if someone has a lump of Narrativium in their pocket..."

"Stories are influenced by real life and real life is influenced by stories. A never ending cycles spinning endlessly." Serge said mystically, happy that people agreed with his point of view for once. "Sir Terry Pratchett seem to have noticed. Lots of artists do."

Anja wrote:"You need to take care of yourself Serge, what is there to feel guilty about?"
Beatrice asked softly.

"There's still a lot to do. Plus I'm not feeling hungry anyways so you don't need to worry about me."

Nicole wrote:'Yes, I am.' she replied dryly, giving a nod of greeting to Serge. 'Don't know much 'bout that kind of thing. Sounds much more the Hermetics' game... old things, books and all that.' tone as though it was about as much personal interest as being asked whether it was time for someone to get a new set of tyres.
Colin wrote:Colin smiled thinly, turning the book around, showing Nicole the drawing of her, "I'd rather not pass this book around, I was thinking of something for carbon dating... I know the book's age and author, I just thought you might wish to confirm for yourself the significance of your portrayal in it."

"And here you thought she'd fall into existential dread." Serge said chuckling at his etherite cabalmates rather blasé reaction. "But I guess after taking down two Labryinths, appearing in some visions and pictures centuries ago probably seems kinda mundane."

Anja wrote:"I believe one of them are...hum I have a map somewhere let me see if I can find it, I will head to the library."
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "I do believe Akrites lived virtually just around the corner from the Cultist villa, and... I think Louis had a place near the Security Office? That sounds about right..."

"Then that's where I'll head to next." Serge said, looking in the direction Master Morgan had went. "Hopefully Salkonias has a better method of passing along a message this time then jamming it in some random girls head. If there is anything there at all."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next