Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chantry Steelhaven Hall introduction post

3 posters

Go down

Chantry Steelhaven Hall introduction post Empty Chantry Steelhaven Hall introduction post

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Near the city boarders in an area now mostly inhabited by cheap apartment buildings and worn down parking lots stand a tall, three stories house which was once a prestigious school for young ladies, the depression bankrupted the school's owners though and now the old building have been remade into cheap housing for students, or at last that is the official story, in reality the old school was bought by George Steelhaven a respected old Hermetic who made it into a Chantry, a place for mages to live and study.

You are one of the residents of Chantry Steelhaven Hall, you are fortunate to be a part of such a up and coming establishment which offers both protection from the dangers of the Ascension War and resources for study and magick it would be hard to gather on your own, even a Chantry however do not offer complete protection and the halls of Steelhaven have seen the blood of their own shed this evening, as Amadeus, a old, venerated Verbena and a member of the Deacon Council have been found dead in his chambers, the peace and quiet at Chantry Steelhaven Hall is over, for if someone can kill an older Master of the Art like Amadeus, who know what will happen to a gaggle insignificant Disciples like you and your Cabal.

This PBP will be set in the RPG game Mage the Ascension. I will be using for the most part the new M20 rules but since reading all of that 600 plus book on a screen is to much for me so I will fill in th gaps with 2 edition. Now there is not that much of a difference between the editions though so if you only have Revised do not worry, you can still play no problem, the difference is mostly details.

If you want to play you can start working on a character or discuss a character concept with me or with the other players. The characters should be standard starting characters, just post a background, description of Paradigm, appearance and character sheet in the character section when you are done. I will give out extra freebie points for a well thought out background and a good Paradigm. You can make whatever character you desire but keep in mind that the PCs are members of the same Cabal and if you make something like a psychotic serial killer chances are that guy would have no reason to be in a Cabal with the rest, make a character that can cooperate with others, if for no other reason than safety in numbers.

The game is taking place on a Chantry so your character have to be a Traditionalist, he or she can be an Orphan who have joined the Traditions though and if you want to play a member of a Craft and have a good reason why he or she is hanging out with a bunch of Tradition mages then that is fine, but no Nephandi or Technocrats. You can play more than one character if you please but make sure you have the time to play them, it is better to have one character that get allot of time and attention than three that just sit there.

I am not going to have a minimum post rate, the beauty of a PBP is that you can post when you have the time, but if you are in the middle of a scene that can not continue without your character please let me know a bit before you are going to be away for several weeks so I can get your character out of that scene and then you can just come back to the game when you have the time. Dice rolls will be done at home and then you just post me the result, I will not require dice rolls for everything though, for me dice are there to avoid the pang pang you are dead, no I am not situations, meaning no you do not need to roll to make a cake for your 10 year old apprentice's birthday party however to see if you manage to hack into a HIT Mark's DEI to make him work for you however, then it is time to bring out the dice.

The setting for this game will be high urban fantasy meaning mage society is big and mages know about one another, most mages know of Horizon even if they have not been there, yes there are ancient magi in strange realms that control the Traditions from the Shadows. The Ascension War is in full bloom. The rest of the World of Darkness do exist in this game but I have no plans of including them, but if your character background touch on some other critter that is fine. The themes of the game will be mystery, politics and a bit of action along with the general overhanging theme of the nature of reality and perception and run through all of Mage.

If you want to play in this game let me know either in this thread, in a PM or anywhere else, I would love to game with you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chantry Steelhaven Hall introduction post Empty Re: Chantry Steelhaven Hall introduction post

Post by The Tim Fri May 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Should we reply here with rough character ideas to bang around here? I have one but don't want to clutter the wrong thread.

The Tim

Back to top Go down

Chantry Steelhaven Hall introduction post Empty Re: Chantry Steelhaven Hall introduction post

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 22, 2015 4:55 pm

I have made a character creation discussion thread but replying here is fine as well, what ever seam the most practical to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:04 am

This building which used to be a brewing company on Heath St in Mission Hill, Boston is kind of what I imagine Steelhaven to look like, but a bit less run down maybe (or at least no boarded up windows). Or maybe the old pickle factory.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:33 am

If you have some pictures of them I could have a look?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:44 am

I embedded the links - I think the colors on the text make it harder to see that because the hyperink color is close to the regular board text color just a little bit darker purple. Hover the mouse over 'this building' and 'pickle factory' in the above post and click it and -should- send you to the pictures. Also you have to be logged in to access the hyperlinks, apparently. Strange!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:36 am

Oh found them. Yes the first building would be pretty similar to how Steelhaven looks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down