Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 27 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Adley Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 pm

He smiled wryly, "We are all concerned. But honestly, once the current crises are over, I'm going to order you to get some rest in the Node with Beatrice."

"I hope to have a chance to obey that order."

He nodded and glanced at Adley, "It would... but I don't think it's my place to ask him."

"No," he said simply at the glance, his jaw tightening.

He nodded, "I believe the countdown has already begun... Once the child is secured, we should make all haste to attack... and I need to be in position first. Very well, then, stay safe, and try to stay away from the frontlines this time. He gave Morgan a quick, deferential bow, "Then i go to make my last preparations for the infiltration mission. Let me know when to start - perhaps send me one of your trusted little friends if the phone line is not yet secured?

He spread his hands a bit. "I will likely be placed where I can be of best use, considering my condition. I wish you good luck." He then waited till he exited, and if his pater had not yet finished the wards for him to do that before looking at him for the answer to the questions he'd asked earlier, digging out the frame for himself to answer as Colin had to leave.

// Serge would probably have a different opinion about becoming a vampire if he met the Tremere vampire Adley 'knows'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 27 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:04 am

Serge:

"Actually yeah!" Serge said excitedly. "I already know a little bit about Runes. I've been studying things to add to my magickal drawings. Runes and other symbols were one of the first things I studied on my own."

"I'm obviously not as good as you but I'm learning." Serge said sheepishly. "Got any tips?"

"I do actually, first of all you need to decide which rune alphabet to work with, there are several and while they look similar they are different enough that for art that would make a huge difference. I would also recommend working with one rune at the time one thing is what it traditionally means, and do not get me wrong the traditional meaning have value, there is allot of power in what have been believed about a thing over the centuries, however you also need to develop your own relationship with each rune, decide what they mean for you, have a conversation with them if you will."
The Hagalaz mage advices.

"I'm also an Initiate of Entropy." Serge said giving a few more details of his own magick.

Ulv nodded at this.

"Drawing is one of the things that typically puts me into a different state of my mind. It helps me focus on my thoughts and acts as a sort of gateway for my imagination into the real world. Allows me to try and influence reality and make the people around me follow how I depict them in drawings. Sometimes even make them see what I've drawn in real life." Serge said explaining his magick briefly.

"My Mentor also taught me how to influence people using my words, but I only typically use that when drawing is unavailable." Serge added as an afterthought.

"Having more than one tool is a good thing at times. Hum...you know in old Norse times both bards and smiths where considered to be magicians it was thought that to create something from one's imagination was in itself a form of magick and lead to a deeper contact with the Gods."
The rune mage said and he smiled.

"What sorts of runes do you use in your magick? Anything that you could teach me?" Serge added somewhat jokingly. Serge had a feeling that Mr. Bergen might not be too keen on giving away his magickal secrets but it never hurt to ask.

"I prefer to work with the elder futhark but I also work with other alphabets, and branch out into symbol languages that are not technically speaking runes like Celtic oogam script."
The Hagalaz said then he smiled a little.
"Well i guess I do owe you for the drawing kid, I can teach you one spell if you wish, if our Paradigms are close enough that you can learn from me that is."

Nicole:

Serge seamed to stay in Ulv Bergen's room for quite some time, the rest seamed to be finishing up though and the guards filled bowls for themselves to eat as well, with the woman you helped to capture Helga advices that it was best to wait to feed her until someone could come down with her kit and check her blood sugar. As you stand there Rodger comes back down with Miles, the large Etherite giving you a bow.
"There we are Ma'am I found Mr Miles."
Rodger said happily and Devon Miles gave you a nod of his head.
"Are you ready to go dear madam?"
Rodger asked.

Colin Horizon Near Future:

He sighed softly, "Well, then, I will not leave her unattended until things are settled - and I will tell her what is on the table now."

"Very well, I should be down to talk with her shortly just as soon as I have found one of the Nine and have secured the extension."
Master Tolle said in agreement.

He nodded thoughtfully, "My apprentice is still in something of a state - not too surprising since almost all of her worst fears were triggered deliberately - but we made damn sure to get as much photographic evidence as possible on the spot, and her doctor is available to testify at your convenience. Send your colleague over to collect the necessary copies of the photographs, and I will let you know as soon as Anna is able to speak coherently of the incident. Her trauma may make that for some time yet, even with a gentle telepath's assistance."

"The girl's testimony would be useful but the photographic evidence and her doctor's statements as well as the statement of some of the nursing students involved will suffice. I will tell my collage to come by the hospital and gather these."
The Enforcer said.
"I am deeply sorry on behalf of the Traditions that the law was broken concerning your student Adeptus Wainwright I do apologize."

Steelhaven Now Colin and Adley:

He smiled wryly, "We are all concerned. But honestly, once the current crises are over, I'm going to order you to get some rest in the Node with Beatrice."

"Well that is sure to delight Master Nassa."
Jeffry commented wryly.
"But yes you need rest mea filius just as soon as this is all done, where that rest is taken though we can discuss but you do need rest."

He gave Morgan a quick, deferential bow, "Then i go to make my last preparations for the infiltration mission. Let me know when to start - perhaps send me one of your trusted little friends if the phone line is not yet secured?"

"The Etherites should be on their way to prepare the shuttle as we speak, I believe it is fastest if you just as one of our members who can cross the Gauntlet to accompany you to the Umbral Docks as soon as your other affairs are taken care of Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he frowned, he knew how dangerous this mission was.
"Thank you for your service to the Chantry."
He said as he regarded you, thanking you now just in case you did not make it back.

He spread his hands a bit. "I will likely be placed where I can be of best use, considering my condition. I wish you good luck." He then waited till he exited, and if his pater had not yet finished the wards for him to do that before looking at him for the answer to the questions he'd asked earlier, digging out the frame for himself to answer as Colin had to leave.

Jeffry had not cast the wards while he was talking with you and Colin so he stood to perform the ritual while you waited. He worked elegantly and quickly calling in the four corners and calling on guardians to protect the small chamber. Once done he sat back down behind his desk and sipped his coffee.
"You where asking how the phone call to Morningstar went mea filius?"
He asked.
"First of all they are preparing to teleport Mrs Knox home and will call me back with instructions when that is done. I also spoke with their Chief and he said he do not mind me hearing the information you have for me, he teleported over this for confirmation for you."
He said and he put a small lump of white wax on the table.
"He said it should tell you his wishes once you touch it."
Your Mentor instructed.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was GMing Mage over Chat yesterday.)
(OOC 2: The problem is that when a mage become a vampire they loose their Avatar and mages do not really deal well with that, to put it this way if you have ever read the Fantasy series Wheel of Time there is more than one thing that quite a few have a suspicion are borrowed from there, and mages in Mage deal just about the same way with loosing their magick as channelers do in WoT. If you have not read that series then think of someone getting so depressed they just want to die but lacking the will and motivation to end themselves, and if they have become vampires their Beast will keep them alive perhaps forever it that state. So no Serge do not want to become a vampire if he want to not have to breathe there is an app for that as Narim would say. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:55 am

"I do actually, first of all you need to decide which rune alphabet to work with, there are several and while they look similar they are different enough that for art that would make a huge difference. I would also recommend working with one rune at the time one thing is what it traditionally means, and do not get me wrong the traditional meaning have value, there is allot of power in what have been believed about a thing over the centuries, however you also need to develop your own relationship with each rune, decide what they mean for you, have a conversation with them if you will."
The Hagalaz mage advices.

Serge listened attentively nodding once in a while to show that he was listening. It was fascinating to hear another mage talk about their magick and he enjoyed every bit of it even if it was difficult to understand at times.

"Thank you. That was really cool. Huh...creating your own relationship with a rune. Decide what it means to you. Sort of like how everyone has a different interpretation art. Two people can view and interpret the same piece of art in different ways. It can affect them in different ways." Serge said.

"Guess picking a Runic alphabet will be something to add to the list of things to study tomorrow at the Library." Serge said with a smile.

"Having more than one tool is a good thing at times. Hum...you know in old Norse times both bards and smiths where considered to be magicians it was thought that to create something from one's imagination was in itself a form of magick and lead to a deeper contact with the Gods."
The rune mage said and he smiled.

"Well with my skinny arms I'm no smith. Guess I'm a bard then. I wonder what instrument I would play if I was a Bard?" Serge said with a chuckle.

"I wonder which god a bard would be more in contact with? Is their a Norse God for music?" Serge said absentmindedly.

"I prefer to work with the elder futhark but I also work with other alphabets, and branch out into symbol languages that are not technically speaking runes like Celtic oogam script."
The Hagalaz said then he smiled a little.

"I've heard of Elder Futhark. That was one of the oldest Runic Languages right? Read about it in my studies. Can't say I've heard of the second one though. Hmmmm Celtic Oogam.....is it Irish?" Serge asked curiously.

"Well i guess I do owe you for the drawing kid, I can teach you one spell if you wish, if our Paradigms are close enough that you can learn from me that is."

"We'll never know unless we try. Come on let's see if I can learn it." Serge said eagerly, like a child awaiting his birthday present.

(OOC: Hmmm good points all around. I guess Serge would prefer his cool Avatar over a demonic Beast that would slowly eat away at his humanity Razz. Still...he can always pretend to be a stereotypical cape-wearing, fangs-having, dark brooding attitude, and fear of garlic vampire in his dreams. )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:02 am

"The Etherites should be on their way to prepare the shuttle as we speak, I believe it is fastest if you just as one of our members who can cross the Gauntlet to accompany you to the Umbral Docks as soon as your other affairs are taken care of Mr Wainwright." Jeffry said and he frowned..."Thank you for your service to the Chantry." He said as he regarded you, thanking you now just in case you did not make it back.

It suddenly struck him that he might not see him again before he went on his assignment - that he might not be sent with him, at all. He felt a sudden rush of worry and then looked earnestly at his friend, standing up awkwardly a moment as if he were not sure what to do.

"You where asking how the phone call to Morningstar went mea filius?" He asked. "First of all they are preparing to teleport Mrs Knox home and will call me back with instructions when that is done. I also spoke with their Chief and he said he do not mind me hearing the information you have for me, he teleported over this for confirmation for you." He said and he put a small lump of white wax on the table. "He said it should tell you his wishes once you touch it."

He nodded at his pater and then looked over at the lump of wax curiously and then with a slightly suspicious look as if he were not sure what it was or why he felt the need to give it to him. He looked at the Chief and then with a furrowed brow, he reached out a finger and touched it, tentatively.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:41 am

Serge:

Serge listened attentively nodding once in a while to show that he was listening. It was fascinating to hear another mage talk about their magick and he enjoyed every bit of it even if it was difficult to understand at times.

"Thank you. That was really cool. Huh...creating your own relationship with a rune. Decide what it means to you. Sort of like how everyone has a different interpretation art. Two people can view and interpret the same piece of art in different ways. It can affect them in different ways." Serge said.

"Indeed there is a Traditional meaning to the rules that need to be known and respected but there is also a personal meaning, what do you think and feel while looking at them. Take Tyr for example it is a spear and symbolize strength and war but look at it a little differently and it is an umbrella protecting you from the rain, so for me it is not just aggression it is also protection."
The rune mage said.
"Or perhaps that to be protected you must be willing to fight."

"Guess picking a Runic alphabet will be something to add to the list of things to study tomorrow at the Library." Serge said with a smile.

"If you wish to work with runes that can be wise, you can work with more than one alphabet but getting to know one first are advisable."

Well with my skinny arms I'm no smith. Guess I'm a bard then. I wonder what instrument I would play if I was a Bard?" Serge said with a chuckle.

"I wonder which god a bard would be more in contact with? Is their a Norse God for music?" Serge said absentmindedly.

"I think you are missing my point, I gave examples of create profession that where considered magick, but so was spinning and weaving and most other creative enavors. In fact the name for one type of magick in old Norse society are Seid which means to spin and mages where called spinning men or women as they where seen as spinning thread others could not see. To create is in itself magick."
Ulv said and he smiled a little.
"And yes there is a Norse God of music he is called Bragi and he rules poetery and music."
Ulv informed you.

"I've heard of Elder Futhark. That was one of the oldest Runic Languages right? Read about it in my studies. Can't say I've heard of the second one though. Hmmmm Celtic Oogam.....is it Irish?" Serge asked curiously.

"The Elder Futhark are indeed old young man but it is not the only rune alpabeth out there. The Oogam is indeed Irish the first inscriptions found are from the early middle ages."

"We'll never know unless we try. Come on let's see if I can learn it." Serge said eagerly, like a child awaiting his birthday present.

Ulv nodded.
"Very well we will try, this will use what the Hermetics call Entropy but which I might refer to as tugging on the weaving women's threads, it is a way to bring an immediate burst of bad luck to your foe. Do you think you could do magick bu drawing something on the palm of your hand?"
He asked.

Adley:

He nodded at his pater and then looked over at the lump of wax curiously and then with a slightly suspicious look as if he were not sure what it was or why he felt the need to give it to him. He looked at the Chief and then with a furrowed brow, he reached out a finger and touched it, tentatively.

You touch the lump of was it felt hard and cold under your finger but then it begun to speak in Chief Joakim's voice.
"Young man, I have sent this to your Mentor to reassure you that the consent to share the information talked about comes from me, not that you would doubt your Mentor but he would worry he was setting you in a position where you had to offer blind trust. My conset is given."
It's message given the lump of was just melted into a puddle under your fingers. Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"He is right you know mea filius I do not like to put you in a situation where you have to rely on nothing but blind trust."
He said and frowned a little.

(OOC: All of the abilities, strengths and weaknesses of the classical vampire can be attained through magick.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:56 am

Anja's Post:

'If I'm no longer needed here, that is.' Nicole replied, perking up and pushing herself off the wall.

'Need to pick up my gear from my car too, I do.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

"No we are pretty much done here."
Helga said and she put her bowl down on the tray finished.
"Thank you for your help Miss Bouchard was it?"
She asked.

Rodger nodded.
"Off course ma'am we are heading for the garage anyway so picking up your gear should be no issue."
He said then he asked.
"Which car should we take?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:40 pm

'Just call me Nicole.' she said to Helga, giving a wave of the hand after holstering her pistol. 'Best to take another, my car is still loaded with stuff.' turning to the older Scientist.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:50 pm

"Nicole then call me Helga."
The Cultist said and she inclined her head to you as you left the cellar.
"If there are no objections collages we can take my car it is spacious."
Roger suggested as he begun to head for the stairs to get to the Chantry's garage.
"I have no objections."
Miles said and shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"Very well, I should be down to talk with her shortly just as soon as I have found one of the Nine and have secured the extension."
Master Tolle said in agreement.
He nodded, "Excellent. i will see you then."

"The girl's testimony would be useful but the photographic evidence and her doctor's statements as well as the statement of some of the nursing students involved will suffice. I will tell my collage to come by the hospital and gather these."
The Enforcer said.
"I am deeply sorry on behalf of the Traditions that the law was broken concerning your student Adeptus Wainwright I do apologize."
He hesitated, ever so slightly, "Thank you, but there is no need for you to apologize for that. We knew it would happen, and prepared for damage control to save my apprentice, rather than prevent the violation we knew about... The Traditions are not to blame for what happened, the ones who violated the charge of their office are."

Steelhaven, Now:
"Well that is sure to delight Master Nassa."
Jeffry commented wryly.
"But yes you need rest mea filius just as soon as this is all done, where that rest is taken though we can discuss but you do need rest."
He smiled wryly, "Well, I think Master Nassa will approve of Adley, as such. Any other, ah, member of your House, not so much."

"I hope to have a chance to obey that order."
He grinned, "You had better - Beatrice will have you stuffed and mounted in her room otherwise."

"No," he said simply at the glance, his jaw tightening.
He nodded simply, "Then no it is."

He nodded, "Thank you. Likewise."

It suddenly struck him that he might not see him again before he went on his assignment - that he might not be sent with him, at all. He felt a sudden rush of worry and then looked earnestly at his friend, standing up awkwardly a moment as if he were not sure what to do.
He smiled and patted Adley lightly on the shoulder, "Mine is a solo mission... Terrifying though it is, the future timelines remember me succeeding at a... sneaky diplomatic maneuver. It should give everyone else greater protection from the terrain... You worry about staying safe, and about everyone else."

"The Etherites should be on their way to prepare the shuttle as we speak, I believe it is fastest if you just as one of our members who can cross the Gauntlet to accompany you to the Umbral Docks as soon as your other affairs are taken care of Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and he frowned, he knew how dangerous this mission was.
"Thank you for your service to the Chantry."
He said as he regarded you, thanking you now just in case you did not make it back.
He nodded, then met Morgan's gaze and smiled wryly, "Oh, I'll make it back, Sir. Miss Adelbloom will absolutely murder me if I don't. But on the remote chance I don't..." He turned serious, "If I don't make it back, please find someone willing to take in Anna for me - saving her is more important than my own life... And put Miss Adelbloom in touch with the good Lady Crexia - if she's going to learn Necromancy to get me back, best have her learn from the best I know..."

He sighed and went to the door, "There's an embroidered bag full of sand in my apartment - while it has not been tested against the Fallen, I believe it will inflict pain on them by touch - whether physical or emotional. I would suggest bringing some for the battle. I believe you have one of the spare keys? The sand had some effect on the ooze spirits we fought, but I'm not sure about the precise effect. I think that is about it... I'll see Master Sharaya about the... hired help before I take my last errands and head out; I'll probably ask Mr. Terach's aid in getting me to the Umbral Port. I'll see you all later."

((OOC: Getting the strengths and abilities of vampires through magic is fine, but who the hell would want to pad themselves with their weaknesses? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole wandered over to her car, then Miles saw a repeat of her fishing out items; this time a rucksack which looked like it had seen better years, perhaps decades. A slam of the door, then wandered over to the other Scientists.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:09 pm

"Indeed there is a Traditional meaning to the rules that need to be known and respected but there is also a personal meaning, what do you think and feel while looking at them. Take Tyr for example it is a spear and symbolize strength and war but look at it a little differently and it is an umbrella protecting you from the rain, so for me it is not just aggression it is also protection."
The rune mage said.
"Or perhaps that to be protected you must be willing to fight."

"Tyr, Tyr.....That's the rune that looks like an arrow right?" Serge said drawing a small picture of it on the corner of his sketchbook. 

"Kinda looks like it's leading you in a direction. Perhaps it could also symbolize moving forward or leading you in the right direction? But then again I can also see that spear and umbrella thing you mentioned." Serge said tilting his head to try and find new meaning within the rune.

Ulv nodded.
"Very well we will try, this will use what the Hermetics call Entropy but which I might refer to as tugging on the weaving women's threads, it is a way to bring an immediate burst of bad luck to your foe. Do you think you could do magick bu drawing something on the palm of your hand?"
He asked.

"That sounds really awesome. And I should be able to use magick by drawing on my palm. It doesn't really matter where the drawings are I should be able to work my magick using them." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out a pen and held his palm out. 

"So what do I need to draw?"

(OOC: Ok so here's a dumb question. Being an Initiate in something means you have one dot in that sphere right?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 pm

He hesitated, ever so slightly, "Thank you, but there is no need for you to apologize for that. We knew it would happen, and prepared for damage control to save my apprentice, rather than prevent the violation we knew about... The Traditions are not to blame for what happened, the ones who violated the charge of their office are."

"While a violation of the law is not excused by the victim being in a position to prevent it, your words confuse me Adeptus Wainwright you knew about this violation against your student before it happened and yet did not move to prevent it please explain! Also is there any other future violations of the law you know about and yet are not moving to stop?"
The Quesitor asked flatly.

Steelhaven Now:

He smiled wryly, "Well, I think Master Nassa will approve of Adley, as such. Any other, ah, member of your House, not so much."

"Well yes, my student do seam to have won some points with the old goat, even so he might not be to thrille about the idea."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He grinned, "You had better - Beatrice will have you stuffed and mounted in her room otherwise."

"Well the girl is a widderslainte, she just might at that."
The old Hermetic said wryly.

He nodded, then met Morgan's gaze and smiled wryly, "Oh, I'll make it back, Sir. Miss Adelbloom will absolutely murder me if I don't. But on the remote chance I don't..." He turned serious, "If I don't make it back, please find someone willing to take in Anna for me - saving her is more important than my own life... And put Miss Adelbloom in touch with the good Lady Crexia - if she's going to learn Necromancy to get me back, best have her learn from the best I know..."

"Ah yes fear the wrath of Miss Adlebloom."
Jeffry said then he turned serious and nodded.
"You have my word Mr Wainwright if you do not make it back I will protect the girl myself until I find someone to take her on as an apprentice, someone kind who will have the patience she will need to have a chance."
He promised and held out a hand to shake yours.
"But I do hope you do make it back Mr Wainwright...good luck."

He sighed and went to the door, "There's an embroidered bag full of sand in my apartment - while it has not been tested against the Fallen, I believe it will inflict pain on them by touch - whether physical or emotional. I would suggest bringing some for the battle. I believe you have one of the spare keys? The sand had some effect on the ooze spirits we fought, but I'm not sure about the precise effect. I think that is about it... I'll see Master Sharaya about the... hired help before I take my last errands and head out; I'll probably ask Mr. Terach's aid in getting me to the Umbral Port. I'll see you all later."

"You did mention this sand I am skeptical about taking something untested into battle but I might take some. I do have a spare key for the apartments for emergencies yes."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Mr Terach is a good choice for getting you across the Gauntlet yes. Again good luck Mr Wainwright I hope for all of us that you succeed in your mission and make it back here safely."
The old Flambeau said and nodded.

Nicole:

Nicole wandered over to her car, then Miles saw a repeat of her fishing out items; this time a rucksack which looked like it had seen better years, perhaps decades. A slam of the door, then wandered over to the other Scientists.

Miles said nothing as you rummaged though your car again an Rodger only raised an eyebrow at you then he indicated an large, blue Subaru station wagon.
"This is my car ma'am do you need help with anything?"
He asked then Miles said.
"Do you want to ride shotgun Nicole."

Serge:

"Tyr, Tyr.....That's the rune that looks like an arrow right?" Serge said drawing a small picture of it on the corner of his sketchbook.

"That is the one yes."
Ulv confirmed.

"Kinda looks like it's leading you in a direction. Perhaps it could also symbolize moving forward or leading you in the right direction? But then again I can also see that spear and umbrella thing you mentioned." Serge said tilting his head to try and find new meaning within the rune.

"Those are actually meanings many ascribe to the rune."
The Hagalaz said.
"The thing when using a symbol language is that you have to feel it, not just go by what others see you have to feel it and see it in your inner eye."

"That sounds really awesome. And I should be able to use magick by drawing on my palm. It doesn't really matter where the drawings are I should be able to work my magick using them." Serge said with a nod as he pulled out a pen and held his palm out.

"So what do I need to draw?"

"You draw the rune Hagalaz or hail from which my group is named after on your pal, it looks like a H with a vertical line sometimes drawn with two vertical lines...put anger, hurt and rage a wish to harm the other person into the rune as you draw it but make sure you do so as you would mark a weapon that you are not imbuing yourself with this ill wishing."
Ulv begun his instructions.
"Then you hold your palm out towards the person you wish to curse, it can be discreetly or you could haul it at them as if hauling a ball of bad luck at them it do not matter...they should being to experience tribulations soon, this is quick working and might make an enemy's weapon fail or have them stumble and fall in combat so you get a chance to flee, you have little control of the effect though only that they will get a burst of bad luck and not the way that bad luck will manifest."
He explained.

(OOC: It vary from book to book which degree Initiate is. I have generally had Initiate being 2 dot and Apprentice the 1 but this is not constant through the books.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:46 pm

"Those are actually meanings many ascribe to the rune."
The Hagalaz said.
"The thing when using a symbol language is that you have to feel it, not just go by what others see you have to feel it and see it in your inner eye."

Serge nodded in agreement. "All right. I guess I still have to spend more understanding the rune."

"You draw the rune Hagalaz or hail from which my group is named after on your pal, it looks like a H with a vertical line sometimes drawn with two vertical lines...put anger, hurt and rage a wish to harm the other person into the rune as you draw it but make sure you do so as you would mark a weapon that you are not imbuing yourself with this ill wishing."
Ulv begun his instructions.
"Then you hold your palm out towards the person you wish to curse, it can be discreetly or you could haul it at them as if hauling a ball of bad luck at them it do not matter...they should being to experience tribulations soon, this is quick working and might make an enemy's weapon fail or have them stumble and fall in combat so you get a chance to flee, you have little control of the effect though only that they will get a burst of bad luck and not the way that bad luck will manifest."
He explained.

Serge listened carefully to the rune mages instructions carefully drawing the rune carefully on the palm if his hand. As he drew the rune he imagined anger, pain, and rage, visualized the dark emotions clearly within his head.

He also imagined more light-hearted comical versions of bad luck. More cartoonish version of misfortune such as a potted plant falling on a person's head at a critical moment, or their gun misfireing and covering their face in black soot. 

He let those thoughts flow from his mind and into the rune on his hand although without a clear purpose or direction Serge found it difficult to do so. He was used to clear visualizations and depictions of exactly what he wanted to happen. He was used to having complete control over what his magick would do so using something as abstract as bad luck was still difficult for him to grasp. 

"How's this?" Serge asked holding out his palm to show the rune mage his version of the Hagalaz Rune.  

(OOC: Darn I thought it meant one dot. That means what Serge said before was wrong, he's just an apprentice of Entropy. That also means he can't technically learn this spell Razz.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"While a violation of the law is not excused by the victim being in a position to prevent it, your words confuse me Adeptus Wainwright you knew about this violation against your student before it happened and yet did not move to prevent it please explain! Also is there any other future violations of the law you know about and yet are not moving to stop?"
The Quesitor asked flatly.
Colin frowned, "I am a Chronomancer; I have seen the future. I knew what would happen, and I knew the outcome of that chain of events. I could not prove the culprits' wrongdoing without their actually going through with their intentions, and I knew the guilty parties would make a surreptitious attempt on my apprentice's life. If they tried to create another accident, one of which I did not have prior knowledge, they might have succeeded. The phrase 'giving them enough rope with which to hang themselves' is fairly appropriate - I could not prevent them from trying something, but I could prevent them from succeeding at what I knew they would try. As for other future violations, no, there are none I am presently aware of, which have not been reported to the proper authorities, such as the Primus of House Guernicus himself."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"Well yes, my student do seam to have won some points with the old goat, even so he might not be to thrille about the idea."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He nodded, "More importantly, I think perhaps Adley's personal points with Master Nassa are unimportant; he's seen how important Adley is to Beatrice. And much as he carries a grudge against your House, I think his apprentice is far more important to him."

He nodded sagely, "There are a few books on taxidermy in the library - might want to keep an eye on who borrows those, just in case. Hm, speaking of which, I will find a stack of my own books for Kyle to borrow - nothing magical, just light reading; he's pretty much through the stack I picked up for him already..."

"Ah yes fear the wrath of Miss Adlebloom."
Jeffry said then he turned serious and nodded.
"You have my word Mr Wainwright if you do not make it back I will protect the girl myself until I find someone to take her on as an apprentice, someone kind who will have the patience she will need to have a chance."
He promised and held out a hand to shake yours.
"But I do hope you do make it back Mr Wainwright...good luck."
He smiled and nodded, "Thank you. And I will make my good luck... Observe, if you will, the plans within plans within plans..."
He grinned and fished out his Chaos wand, giving it a quick twirl, "This calls for stealth and guile, not raw power... but I'll be bringing that tass with me, just in case blasting is needed, and that crap is not coming home with me afterwards, as agreed."

"You did mention this sand I am skeptical about taking something untested into battle but I might take some. I do have a spare key for the apartments for emergencies yes."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Mr Terach is a good choice for getting you across the Gauntlet yes. Again good luck Mr Wainwright I hope for all of us that you succeed in your mission and make it back here safely."
The old Flambeau said and nodded.
He nodded, "I will need to retain a goodly amount of it for research, and for crafting some special glass... but take what you think you need. Just make sure no-one gets trapped in memories in the process."
He frowned, "Hum, it might help ward off something like the spirit we were assailed by near the Verbena tree, actually - the bastard forced our minds into a rather dark, bleak place; forcing up some positive memories and emotions might help defend against that... Might be worth testing before you go..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Anja's Post:

'Nah, I'm fine.' she said to the older Scientist, ignoring the eyebrow. 'Might be a plan.' looking to Miles. 'Advise that you don't sit behind me neither.' moving towards the passenger door.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:22 pm

"Let's avoid opportunity for such morbid decor, then."

He smiled and patted Adley lightly on the shoulder, "Mine is a solo mission... Terrifying though it is, the future timelines remember me succeeding at a... sneaky diplomatic maneuver. It should give everyone else greater protection from the terrain... You worry about staying safe, and about everyone else."

'I can't help worrying about you," he said, and then gave him a hug. "Make sure you and the ship come back in relatively one piece, you still owe me a ride on that ship and we wouldn't want you to join me in taxidermy."

"You are coming back," he said with a stubborn look.

"Young man, I have sent this to your Mentor to reassure you that the consent to share the information talked about comes from me, not that you would doubt your Mentor but he would worry he was setting you in a position where you had to offer blind trust. My conset is given." It's message given the lump of was just melted into a puddle under your fingers.
Jeffry raised an eyebrow. "He is right you know mea filius I do not like to put you in a situation where you have to rely on nothing but blind trust."

Cheif Joakim and his students knew a lot of interesting spells that used wax. He wondered if he could figure out a spell to make fires talk for a communication rather than enchanted mirrors, without the intermediary of a sentient being like a spirit - but then again, he would get serious side-eye for such a thing being in Harry Potter, regardless of the origin of such a spell predating it. Not that it would stop him. "I hate having to be paranoid of everyone but I suppose that is the way things are...especially given our line of duty." He gave a slightly wry smile. "In a few days that man came to know me well; you would like him, sir." He reached over towards the lump of wax and cast the same spell to sense the magickal traces on it, knowing a hedge wizard's spell should feel a bit different now. "I should tell you what all this is about then, time is shortening."

// Serge is the bard <3 Now we have a Red Mage, a Spoony bard, and what did you say Colin was again, Warp? *tries to remember*

ooc2: prime check all the things...(if he were a VA or Hollower I would call that rote that xD) - 2 , 6, 8

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something!)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Serge:

Serge nodded in agreement. "All right. I guess I still have to spend more understanding the rune."

"You will it takes allot of time to develop a relationship with each rune."
Ulv said and nodded.

Serge listened carefully to the rune mages instructions carefully drawing the rune carefully on the palm if his hand. As he drew the rune he imagined anger, pain, and rage, visualized the dark emotions clearly within his head.

He also imagined more light-hearted comical versions of bad luck. More cartoonish version of misfortune such as a potted plant falling on a person's head at a critical moment, or their gun misfireing and covering their face in black soot.

He let those thoughts flow from his mind and into the rune on his hand although without a clear purpose or direction Serge found it difficult to do so. He was used to clear visualizations and depictions of exactly what he wanted to happen. He was used to having complete control over what his magick would do so using something as abstract as bad luck was still difficult for him to grasp.

"How's this?" Serge asked holding out his palm to show the rune mage his version of the Hagalaz Rune.

"The rune is drawn correctly the question is what you feel. My powers are bound I can not sense magick flowing in you kid so the question is do you feel your rune there is just a drawing on your palm or is it infused with power?"
The Hagalaz asked as he glanced at the rune you had made.

Horizon Near Future Colin:

Colin frowned, "I am a Chronomancer; I have seen the future. I knew what would happen, and I knew the outcome of that chain of events. I could not prove the culprits' wrongdoing without their actually going through with their intentions, and I knew the guilty parties would make a surreptitious attempt on my apprentice's life. If they tried to create another accident, one of which I did not have prior knowledge, they might have succeeded. The phrase 'giving them enough rope with which to hang themselves' is fairly appropriate - I could not prevent them from trying something, but I could prevent them from succeeding at what I knew they would try. As for other future violations, no, there are none I am presently aware of, which have not been reported to the proper authorities, such as the Primus of House Guernicus himself."

"Well I guess that not acting to prevent a crime you have seen will be committed in the future is not directly illegal Adeptus Wainwright though it is ill advised, also what is to prevent these people from making another attempt at your apprentice life when the first one failed it seams withholding this information would accomplish very little."
Master Tolle said and he sounded rather disaproving.

Steelhaven now Colian and Adley:

He nodded, "More importantly, I think perhaps Adley's personal points with Master Nassa are unimportant; he's seen how important Adley is to Beatrice. And much as he carries a grudge against your House, I think his apprentice is far more important to him."

"True enough Mr Wainwright Master Nassa do care deeply about Miss Alexander and I do believe that if anything, the gods forbid, should happen to Adley she would grieve for him."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"He might decide not to protest on those grounds yes."

He nodded sagely, "There are a few books on taxidermy in the library - might want to keep an eye on who borrows those, just in case. Hm, speaking of which, I will find a stack of my own books for Kyle to borrow - nothing magical, just light reading; he's pretty much through the stack I picked up for him already..."

Jeffry just raised an eyebrow at the taxidermy comment then he nodded.
"Ah the boy likes to read...good he will need that as an Hermetic, also thank you for being kind to my student Mr Wainwright."

He smiled and nodded, "Thank you. And I will make my good luck... Observe, if you will, the plans within plans within plans..."

"I guess we all make our own luck young man but plan withing plans while at times needed tend to be messy an unpredictable and as such undesirable."
The war mage commented.

He grinned and fished out his Chaos wand, giving it a quick twirl, "This calls for stealth and guile, not raw power... but I'll be bringing that tass with me, just in case blasting is needed, and that crap is not coming home with me afterwards, as agreed."

"So it dos Mr Wainwright and about the tass good riddance."
Jeffry said and he grimaced.

He nodded, "I will need to retain a goodly amount of it for research, and for crafting some special glass... but take what you think you need. Just make sure no-one gets trapped in memories in the process."

"I will not bring much of it into battle like I said I do not like to bring an untested weapon."
Jeffry said.
"I do not need to bring any at all."

He frowned, "Hum, it might help ward off something like the spirit we were assailed by near the Verbena tree, actually - the bastard forced our minds into a rather dark, bleak place; forcing up some positive memories and emotions might help defend against that... Might be worth testing before you go..."

The old Hermetic gave you a bit of a look.
"It will be interesting to see what this sand can do Mr Wainwright but I am not going to summon up an Outsider Thing just to test if your sand will work on it before this battle."

"I hate having to be paranoid of everyone but I suppose that is the way things are...especially given our line of duty." He gave a slightly wry smile.

"Some paranoia is healthy mea filius especially given our current situation, you never know where treachery might be hiding an better safe than sorry."
Jeffry said before he took another sip of his coffee.

"In a few days that man came to know me well; you would like him, sir." He reached over towards the lump of wax and cast the same spell to sense the magickal traces on it, knowing a hedge wizard's spell should feel a bit different now. "I should tell you what all this is about then, time is shortening."

There was a cold, static feel to the residue of the was, the spell on it had been very well made and very precise, it felt like touching a perfect crystal goblet, and it felt like the magic you had seen Chief Joakim do before.
"I have met Morningstar's Chief a few times over the years and he usually do very well during our yearly contest."
Jeffry said and smiled.
"And while I do not know him well he do seam like a good man."
He agreed then he gave a nod.
"The wards are up so if you are satisfied that the message are from Chief Joakim then please tell me what this is about."
Your Mentor leaned back and he regarded you curiously.

Nicole:

'Nah, I'm fine.' she said to the older Scientist, ignoring the eyebrow. 'Might be a plan.' looking to Miles. 'Advise that you don't sit behind me neither.' moving towards the passenger door.

"Sure it it bothers you Nicole I can sit behind the driver's seat but can I ask why?"
Miles said as he got in behind Rodger.
"Well then collages are we ready to go?"
Rodger asked as he started up the car, the inside of his car was clean and there where do light blue fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror.

(OOC: Prime scan all things works for a spell name my husban's Ars Magica game had a Verditius who made a multi barreled wand of mega death, perhaps not the best name for the time period Razz)

(OOC: I guess Nicole is the tank then, and we have a Final Fantasy party.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:31 pm

"True enough Mr Wainwright Master Nassa do care deeply about Miss Alexander and I do believe that if anything, the gods forbid, should happen to Adley she would grieve for him." Jeffry said and frowned. "He might decide not to protest on those grounds yes."

He just gave them both a look - he was sitting /right there/ and it was a bit morbid to discuss all of that, and anyway there was more need to discuss other matters.

"It will be interesting to see what this sand can do Mr Wainwright but I am not going to summon up an Outsider Thing just to test if your sand will work on it before this battle."

"I did /not/ like those things...a mind protection would have helped. Though aren't those cats part outsider-spirit?"

"The wards are up so if you are satisfied that the message are from Chief Joakim then please tell me what this is about."
Your Mentor leaned back and he regarded you curiously.

He had started to write down the points as soon as the wards had gone up, but paused once the lump of wax was set out. The feeling of the spell /seemed/ right, and it served as something of a test, seeing how casting  a few spells in a non-combat situation close together to see how it made him feel - exhausted, or not, how reliable his casting was compared to before, so he could keep an eye on himself. He finished up the main ones that needed to be read in what he regarded immediately right at the top so the info could get back in time to help, regarding what they had discovered about the Aswadim the Nephanda planned on trying to trap - it's possible connections and what sort of 'host' they were after and how that in turn might link to what Sierra had told them on the way over, though he was careful about naming Names directly.

// let me know if you need me to elaborate more on what exactly Adley wrote, or if that covers it enough

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:11 pm

"The rune is drawn correctly the question is what you feel. My powers are bound I can not sense magick flowing in you kid so the question is do you feel your rune there is just a drawing on your palm or is it infused with power?"
The Hagalaz asked as he glanced at the rune you had made.

"What do I think...I think it's a cool symbol" Serge said with a little chuckle as he looked at the Rune on his palm. 

Then in a more serious (but still light-hearted) tone Serge said, "I know the rune on my palm holds power...I can feel it and even envision it clearly within my mind. All of the possibilities that could happen. All of them...like a quick slideshow going through my mind.  Sadly I'm not used to having no control over what my magick does. Normally I would have a clear picture of what I want to happen and what I want to change in reality. "

"But this spell sounds really awesome! I think I'll need to practice and study the rune a bit more before I'm able to use it though. Figure out my own relationship with this rune like you said. " Serge said staying positive. 

With a smile Serge then said, "Thanks for teaching me a little bit about Runes and about this spell. It all sounded amazing and you clearly love what you do. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon."

(OOC: I remember Colin calling himself the lovable rogue Razz. Yay we do have a full party!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Anja's Post:

'Don't bother me.' Nicole replied, reaching down and putting the seat back a good few inches. 'More a bother for your legs?'

On belting up, she gave a 'I'm ready' nod.

[Does Nicole need to get some steel plate and a cannon to fill her designated role, then?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"Well I guess that not acting to prevent a crime you have seen will be committed in the future is not directly illegal Adeptus Wainwright though it is ill advised, also what is to prevent these people from making another attempt at your apprentice life when the first one failed it seams withholding this information would accomplish very little."
Master Tolle said and he sounded rather disaproving.
He smiled wryly, "It accomplished what it had to - what it always did in this temporal loop: the attempt on my apprentice's life made under the pretense of serving the Law failed, and similar attempts can no longer be made as her medical state is confirmed with irrefutable certainty. I cannot prevent an outright murder attempt like a sniper on a rooftop, or a burglar with a knife, but I do believe I have made it impossible for my enemies to get away with an 'accident' during due process. Essentially, by letting them make the attempt I knew of, I patched up a very large hole in my family's defenses."

Steelhaven, Now:
"Let's avoid opportunity for such morbid decor, then."
He nodded, "Seconded."

Jeffry just raised an eyebrow at the taxidermy comment then he nodded.
"Ah the boy likes to read...good he will need that as an Hermetic, also thank you for being kind to my student Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Ah, that reminds me - I intend to offer Kyle an opportunity to earn a little extra spending money over the coming months. I need to sort and copy my numerous books of notes and theoretical work. Not so much research as simple sorting of information. Do you have any objection to that, so long as it does not interfere with his studies or other assignments?"

"I guess we all make our own luck young man but plan withing plans while at times needed tend to be messy an unpredictable and as such undesirable."
The war mage commented.
He looked at Morgan for a long moment, then chuckled, "That's what the Padishah Emperor and the Baron Harkonnen discovered in Dune, as well... No, I was quoting the book which is the linchpin to my gambit here."

"I did /not/ like those things...a mind protection would have helped. Though aren't those cats part outsider-spirit?"
He shook his head, "I am not talking about testing the sand on an Outsider Thing - and I'm not sure the cats are part outsider-spirit; might merely be a corrupted spirit... No, I mean if someone is willing to be nudged into a mentally bad place, touching the sand might drag them back. In fact, Mr. Yager's talents, from what I've observed, might be particularly well suited for such a test - have him influence someone's mood, and give them a few grains of sand, see if that perks them back up. Not as a ward against spirits, but as, hm, mental rejuvenation."

'I can't help worrying about you," he said, and then gave him a hug. "Make sure you and the ship come back in relatively one piece, you still owe me a ride on that ship and we wouldn't want you to join me in taxidermy."
He paused in surprise, just for a fraction of a second, then smiled and returned the hug, giving Adley a light pat on the back, "So I do... The shuttle should be hiding a little off, anyway - I think I should be able to, er, walk the last distance; that should be less noticeable than a vessel getting too close. And I have no intention of getting stuffed any time soon."
He sighed, "You are the best friend anyone could ask for," and with a meaningful glance to Morgan, "Or for that matter, the best son."

"You are coming back," he said with a stubborn look.
He nodded, "I am. But all the same, prepare for the worst."

He nodded to the others and headed off to Narim's office, knocking lightly on the door.

((OOC: FF-classes, Colin is a Thief/Ninja, what with his swiping the corrupted Tass and using it safely as a throwing weapon like that. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 am

Adley:

He just gave them both a look - he was sitting /right there/ and it was a bit morbid to discuss all of that, and anyway there was more need to discuss other matters.

Your Mentor gave you a very concerned, sad look, he worried for you and was afraid that you would get harmed in the upcoming fight, very afraid, going into battle himself did not daunt him one bit but the risk of loosing an apprentice did.

"No they are part regular, garden variety corrupted spirit there is a huge difference between that and the things that should not be."
Jeffry said and his frown deepened.
"We can not agree on how the world was created, however what we know is that Outsider Things where so alien an so wrong to creation that they where locked outside of it, they are the things from beyond. A corrupted spirit is a regular Umbrood who's purpose and being have become twisted, that to is bad but nowhere near on the same scale, and the thing that attacked your group at the Verbena Life Tree was a tiny emanation of an Outsider Thing poking in from beyond reality."
He explained.

He had started to write down the points as soon as the wards had gone up, but paused once the lump of wax was set out. The feeling of the spell /seemed/ right, and it served as something of a test, seeing how casting a few spells in a non-combat situation close together to see how it made him feel - exhausted, or not, how reliable his casting was compared to before, so he could keep an eye on himself.

You where not tired and you seamed to be okey, if you did not know better you might have believed that you where not injured at all it did not hurt and the control of your magick seamed to be back to full.

He finished up the main ones that needed to be read in what he regarded immediately right at the top so the info could get back in time to help, regarding what they had discovered about the Aswadim the Nephanda planned on trying to trap - it's possible connections and what sort of 'host' they were after and how that in turn might link to what Sierra had told them on the way over, though he was careful about naming Names directly.

Jeffry read what you wrote and he did not look happy.
"We need to contact Morningstar again, hear if they know who this blood relative might be."
He agreed then he looked a bit shocked.
"They plan to lock an Aswadim into the soul of a mage who have lost their Avatar? We are going to have to put a better guard on the Mercere just to be sure then...this information is worrying."

(OOC: Adley can use his dice pools as normal now but off course three more lethal and he will die because he is not healed though the pain is masked for now. Let me see he wrote about the plan to trap an Aswadim in the soul of a mage without an Avatar, about the Aswaim's blood relative and what else?)

Serge:

"What do I think...I think it's a cool symbol" Serge said with a little chuckle as he looked at the Rune on his palm.

"I guess it is at that."
Ulv said and grinned.

Then in a more serious (but still light-hearted) tone Serge said, "I know the rune on my palm holds power...I can feel it and even envision it clearly within my mind. All of the possibilities that could happen. All of them...like a quick slideshow going through my mind. Sadly I'm not used to having no control over what my magick does. Normally I would have a clear picture of what I want to happen and what I want to change in reality. "

"Working with chance and fortune is like that Mr Yager, you can manipulate and pull on the strings but not wrest the threads completely from the weaving women's hands."
He said wryly.
"However if you feel the power in the rune that is a good start, magick takes a bit of time to learn."

"But this spell sounds really awesome! I think I'll need to practice and study the rune a bit more before I'm able to use it though. Figure out my own relationship with this rune like you said. " Serge said staying positive.

"I will tell you what kid, in y room I have several rune sets that I work with I keep them at my alter in my bedroom in a drawer there. Do not go into my room yourself it is trapped to hell and back, ask that bastard Orphan Wainwright to help you, pick one of those sets for yourself and you will have something to practice with, I have several so there is plenty for Liv and my Cabal to inherit if I give you one of them."
Ulv offered.
"Having the runes before you in tangible form might help you learn."

With a smile Serge then said, "Thanks for teaching me a little bit about Runes and about this spell. It all sounded amazing and you clearly love what you do. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon."

"My pleasure kid, and yes I do love what I do, I enjoy the magick that I practice and yes with some time and effort you will get the hang of it I am sure of it."
Ulv said and he gave you a small smile.
"If there is time before I am sent to Horizon for trial I will give you another lesson at a later point when the information have had time to sink in."
He offered.

Nicole:

'Don't bother me.' Nicole replied, reaching down and putting the seat back a good few inches. 'More a bother for your legs?'

"I do see your point."
Miles said and looked at how little space was left behind your seat.

On belting up, she gave a 'I'm ready' nod.

Rodger begun driving and he maneuvered the car out of the garage.
"Would you two mind keeping an eye out while I drive just in case there is trouble then I would deeply appreciate it dear collages."
He said.
"Have any of you been to the Boston Umbral Doc before?"

He smiled wryly, "It accomplished what it had to - what it always did in this temporal loop: the attempt on my apprentice's life made under the pretense of serving the Law failed, and similar attempts can no longer be made as her medical state is confirmed with irrefutable certainty. I cannot prevent an outright murder attempt like a sniper on a rooftop, or a burglar with a knife, but I do believe I have made it impossible for my enemies to get away with an 'accident' during due process. Essentially, by letting them make the attempt I knew of, I patched up a very large hole in my family's defenses."

Master Tolle listened to what you where saying then he said simply.
"That reasoning is sound."
With no more elaboration than that.

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, "Ah, that reminds me - I intend to offer Kyle an opportunity to earn a little extra spending money over the coming months. I need to sort and copy my numerous books of notes and theoretical work. Not so much research as simple sorting of information. Do you have any objection to that, so long as it does not interfere with his studies or other assignments?"

"No by all means, it will do the boy good to earn a bit of money for himself and learning how to copy texts are a useful skill for him to have so I do not object at all."
Jeffry said and he smiled a little.

He looked at Morgan for a long moment, then chuckled, "That's what the Padishah Emperor and the Baron Harkonnen discovered in Dune, as well... No, I was quoting the book which is the linchpin to my gambit here."

"I see I am afraid I do not have much time for fictional works these days Mr Wainwright so I did not know this quote."
Jeffry said flatly.

He shook his head, "I am not talking about testing the sand on an Outsider Thing - and I'm not sure the cats are part outsider-spirit; might merely be a corrupted spirit... No, I mean if someone is willing to be nudged into a mentally bad place, touching the sand might drag them back. In fact, Mr. Yager's talents, from what I've observed, might be particularly well suited for such a test - have him influence someone's mood, and give them a few grains of sand, see if that perks them back up. Not as a ward against spirits, but as, hm, mental rejuvenation."

"Ah I see, well that might be doable, then again several Chantry Members are in a pretty bad place mentally as it is after all that have been happening so I doubt anything have to be induced."
The old mage commented.
"I will see if there is time for such a test and if anyone is willing to take part in it. Also no the cats are not part Outsider Thing they are corrupted spirits."

He sighed, "You are the best friend anyone could ask for," and with a meaningful glance to Morgan, "Or for that matter, the best son."

Jeffry smiled warmly at that.
"He is my favorite apprentice though I will be quite crass with anyone who tells his sister who I also love dearly that I said that."
The old Flambeau muttered.
"He is a good son indeed."

He nodded to the others and headed off to Narim's office, knocking lightly on the door.

You med Antonio on the way up the stairs and the Adept gave you a polite nod the man still looked to be grieving though. You also saw Miss White hurry towards the third floor and George's room with some books under her arm. You knock on Narim's door and the Virtual Adept replied.
"Yes? Please come in."
From inside of the room.

(OOC: A cannon would be good. Well then all we need is the Final Fantasy victory music and we are set to go. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:03 am

"I will tell you what kid, in my room I have several rune sets that I work with I keep them at my alter in my bedroom in a drawer there. Do not go into my room yourself it is trapped to hell and back, ask that bastard Orphan Wainwright to help you, pick one of those sets for yourself and you will have something to practice with, I have several so there is plenty for Liv and my Cabal to inherit if I give you one of them."
Ulv offered.
"Having the runes before you in tangible form might help you learn."

"Really? Oh fuck that would be awesome. Thanks! Serge said earnestly not expecting the kind offer. In his excitement, Serge missed Mr. Bergen's rather rude remark towards Mr. Wainwright.

"I just saw Mr. Wainwright, I can go ask him now. Also your room is trapped? That sounds sick. Like a trapped dungeon room. Do you any of your traps do anything cool or do they all just kill you?" Serge asked remembering his conversation with Hannah.

"My pleasure kid, and yes I do love what I do, I enjoy the magick that I practice and yes with some time and effort you will get the hang of it I am sure of it."
Ulv said and he gave you a small smile.
"If there is time before I am sent to Horizon for trial I will give you another lesson at a later point when the information have had time to sink in."
He offered.

"I'll look forward to it. Who knows, maybe by then I'll have learned of some new runic tricks that even you haven't thought of." Serge said with a grin.

Looking back towards the door, Serge realized how long he had been with Mr. Bergen. "Huh....I've been in here for a while. I was just supposed to bring you soup. I wonder what the guards outside are thinking."

(OOC: Oh Serge is so ready to play the Final Fantasy Victory Music. He's been cooking up that spell ever since he had his talk with Siege Very Happy)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:44 am

"Ah, I see...I wish I had time to understand more about that..." he said with a frustrated frown.

He paused in surprise, just for a fraction of a second, then smiled and returned the hug, giving Adley a light pat on the back, "So I do... The shuttle should be hiding a little off, anyway - I think I should be able to, er, walk the last distance; that should be less noticeable than a vessel getting too close. And I have no intention of getting stuffed any time soon."

"You or me both," he said, stepping back.

"I'm your best friend?" He gave Colin a big smile that lit up his whole face. "Thank you, that means a lot to me. And...the other, well..." He smiled more and then looked a bit embarrassed at his own outburst but also quite happy. He continued, "You're my best friend too, in this life...and in others...that too."

"We need to contact Morningstar again, hear if they know who this blood relative might be." He agreed then he looked a bit shocked.

He nodded, eagerly and wrote: 'That is why I wrote that note to deliver to him directly, as I believe he needs to know that asap but it must be done carefully we don't want to accidentally tip them off.' He showed him that and then took the tablet back to draw a line and write: 'The medicine I was given makes the pain go away for a while. I can cast easier again so it may at least spare me failing at spells as much and hopefully stave off attention from the Great Reckoner but I am still as injured as I was and aside from what might come in battle, if I go too hard for too long, it could do more harm. You should know this to station me appropriately.'

// yay, full party lol. Yes, lovable ninja/thief with all the throwing items. Hrm I think that fighters up to knights eventually in FF1, so maybe no full plate till then unless she wants ; ) Do-do-dee-do-dododo-dee-do

ooc2 - yes, and their speculations on who the vessel could be, though careful about naming people directly - stuff that Colin he and the Chief discussed while at MS. I can dig through the log and send a note, if you'd like

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next