Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 28 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 am

"Really? Oh fuck that would be awesome. Thanks! Serge said earnestly not expecting the kind offer. In his excitement, Serge missed Mr. Bergen's rather rude remark towards Mr. Wainwright.

Ulv smiled a little at that.
"You are welcome kid you have shown me kindness where many would not."
He said softly.

"I just saw Mr. Wainwright, I can go ask him now. Also your room is trapped? That sounds sick. Like a trapped dungeon room. Do you any of your traps do anything cool or do they all just kill you?" Serge asked remembering his conversation with Hannah.

"Wainwright yes the bastard Orphan have been in my oom before so he knows how to avoid my traps."
The Hagalaz said then he smiled a little.
"I am supposed to be an adult and not think about it that way but yes a little like a trappe dungeon."
He said and grinned groudly.
"No the trap that kills you where not mine it was cast by Liv's mother the godforsaken bitch nothing would please me more than to send her a nidstang, a cursing pole for what she have done to our daugther."
Ulv spat.
"Well anyway my own traps can make you sick, give you bad luck and one of them will cause a nosebleed, not to dangerous in itself but it will be hard for an intruder to avoid spilling some drops on the floor and then I will have an arcane connection to them. There also traps to tag an intruder, so my own traps is not that dangerous yet but it would be more comfortable for you not to trigger them and then there are my ex's traps on the windows and they will kill."
He warned.
"She is a fucking bitch but she is also one hell of a mage."

"I'll look forward to it. Who knows, maybe by then I'll have learned of some new runic tricks that even you haven't thought of." Serge said with a grin.

"Well now that would be interesting indeed."
The Hagalaz said and grinned.

Looking back towards the door, Serge realized how long he had been with Mr. Bergen. "Huh....I've been in here for a while. I was just supposed to bring you soup. I wonder what the guards outside are thinking."

"Ah yes the gruards probably think I have escaped and taken you hostage Mr Yager so you better go before they send in the cavalery, however amusing that would be."
Ulv said wryly.
"Thank you again for the drawing kid I do appriciate that."

(OOC: Dum dum dum DUM dumdumdum Razz )
(OOC 2: I have to do an errand so I am just going to post this now and then reply to Strrife's post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 28 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:33 am

He nodded, eagerly and wrote: 'That is why I wrote that note to deliver to him directly, as I believe he needs to know that asap but it must be done carefully we don't want to accidentally tip them off.' He showed him that and then took the tablet back

"Agreed Chief Joakim should get this information as soon as possible but no we do not want to tip off our enemies."
Your Mentor said and he nodded in agreement after he had read your words.

to draw a line and write: 'The medicine I was given makes the pain go away for a while. I can cast easier again so it may at least spare me failing at spells as much and hopefully stave off attention from the Great Reckoner but I am still as injured as I was and aside from what might come in battle, if I go too hard for too long, it could do more harm. You should know this to station me appropriately.'

Jeffry looked at you for a long while when he spoke it sounded like his throat was dry.
"I have had seven apprentices...weight now with Kyle and I have lost five of them, nothing would pain me more than to loose another student. If I where to be selfish I would order you to stay behind here where it is relatively safe to be a part of the group that looks after the Chantry while the rest of us go to the Labyrinth. However that being said while part of me when I look at you still see the naive young collage boy you where when I met you, the fact is that you are Flambeau now, a warrior, and even if you are wounded and my every desire is to protect you the fact is we both will be needed in this fight if you are willing, though off course I will have to urge you to try to avoid getting yourself injured and try to avoid pushing yourself to hard."
Your Mentor said and he gave you a very worried look.
"I will not order you to fight Adley it is your choice if you go or stay here."
He finished.
"You know I want you to be safe but at the same time I acknowledge you as a member of our House as a follower of Flambeau with all that entails."

(OOC: No that will not be needed I think I got it then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:55 am

Horizon, Near Future:
Master Tolle listened to what you where saying then he said simply.
"That reasoning is sound."
With no more elaboration than that.
Colin nodded, "I will see you here in a little while, then. I will inform the prisoner about the brief reprieve she can expect and help her prepare."
He waited a moment for a response before hanging up, "If you would let me back inside, Mr. Reynolds?"

Steelhaven, Now:
"No by all means, it will do the boy good to earn a bit of money for himself and learning how to copy texts are a useful skill for him to have so I do not object at all."
Jeffry said and he smiled a little.
He nodded, then grinned, "And not to worry, I know why he'll need a little extra cash - entirely wholesome, I think."

"I see I am afraid I do not have much time for fictional works these days Mr Wainwright so I did not know this quote."
Jeffry said flatly.
He nodded, "Evidently. I'd recommend you find the time for it, but Dune is rather a brick, as such."

"Ah I see, well that might be doable, then again several Chantry Members are in a pretty bad place mentally as it is after all that have been happening so I doubt anything have to be induced."
The old mage commented.
"I will see if there is time for such a test and if anyone is willing to take part in it. Also no the cats are not part Outsider Thing they are corrupted spirits."
He nodded, "Good - you know what the sand did for you; you should be able to tell if it helps or not."

"I'm your best friend?" He gave Colin a big smile that lit up his whole face. "Thank you, that means a lot to me. And...the other, well..." He smiled more and then looked a bit embarrassed at his own outburst but also quite happy. He continued, "You're my best friend too, in this life...and in others...that too."
He grinned, "Yes, I believe so... Just don't tell Jareth. He might get jealous."

You med Antonio on the way up the stairs and the Adept gave you a polite nod the man still looked to be grieving though. You also saw Miss White hurry towards the third floor and George's room with some books under her arm. You knock on Narim's door and the Virtual Adept replied.
"Yes? Please come in."
From inside of the room.
He briefly nodded to Miss White on the way before stepping inside Narim's office and closing the door behind him, "Hello, Sir. I just wanted to check on how things stand with Mr. Ameli, the Kiasyd. Have you secured his assistance?"

((OOC: Looks like we're ready to take on... hum... come to think of it, *which* FF game would it be that we're emulating?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Anja's Post:

'Of course.' Nicole said, already keeping an eye out; after all they'd already encountered one Mirrorshade patrol today, and if they already knew the rough location of the Chantry, there wasn't much stopping them from placing a tail-car waiting nearby...

'Nope - only got here a few hours back.'

[Who said Nicole was her *real* name?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:46 pm

Colin Horizon Near Future:

Colin nodded, "I will see you here in a little while, then. I will inform the prisoner about the brief reprieve she can expect and help her prepare."
He waited a moment for a response before hanging up, "If you would let me back inside, Mr. Reynolds?"

"Very well Adeptus Wainwright good day for now."
Master Tolle said before you hun up on the call.

Victor let you back into Sierra's cell the girl was still curled up in the corner.
"If the ritual is not happening at once Mr Wainwright you can release Miss Bluehill's hands and let her get dressed, unless you would feel unsafe in there if she is not bound."
The young Enforcer said and he handed you a bundle with the prisoner's dirty clothing.

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, then grinned, "And not to worry, I know why he'll need a little extra cash - entirely wholesome, I think."

"There is nothing unusual with a teenager wanting a bit of spending money and as long as the reason do not put himself or the Chantry in danger or break any laws they are Kyle's own business but yes I do appreciate you giving him the opportunity Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded, "Evidently. I'd recommend you find the time for it, but Dune is rather a brick, as such."

"I see young man, I will put it on my extended to do list."
The old Hermetic said diplomatically.

He nodded, "Good - you know what the sand did for you; you should be able to tell if it helps or not."

"I know what the sand did for me yes however that do not mean it would do the same for someone in a melancholic mood or someone under the attack of an Outsider Thing, it should be tested before use."
The old Flambeau said and he sounded a bit skeptical.

He briefly nodded to Miss White on the way before stepping inside Narim's office and closing the door behind him, "Hello, Sir. I just wanted to check on how things stand with Mr. Ameli, the Kiasyd. Have you secured his assistance?"

Miss White smiles to you as she pass you.
Narim looked up from his computer and he nodded.
"I have traced the man down, however by the time I found him the sun was up so he do not answer his phone and he appears to be sleeping."
He informed you.

Nicole:

'Of course.' Nicole said, already keeping an eye out; after all they'd already encountered one Mirrorshade patrol today, and if they already knew the rough location of the Chantry, there wasn't much stopping them from placing a tail-car waiting nearby...

"Thank you Ma'am."
Rodger said as he drove towards the airport. You do not see any tail as you keep an eye with the other cars on the road.

'Nope - only got here a few hours back.'

"Well then there are a few things you need to know Ma'am, first of all the Umbra Docks are placed in the Penumbra representation of the airport and it is neutral grounds between us and the Union and both factions use the docks so you are going to see Technocrats walking around, I recommend you stay on your guard but in theory it should not come to violence."
The older scientist informed you and Miles raised an eyebrow and muttered sarcastically.
"Well now this is bound to be fun."

(OOC: Well you have already fought a slime monster so let us go for one of the early ones. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:50 pm

'Yeah, got told about the "space-share"... arrangements.' Nicole said, tone making it clear she wasn't overly happy with it. 'Though not clear about how much the other Traditions know about this.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:25 pm

"Well as traveling out into the pleader layers of the Ether is a hard feat to do most end up taking ships to get to Horizon and other Umbral realms, you can use portals and passages if you can get the guardians to work with you but some of those are far from safe, so quite a few of the mages of Boston and the surrounding areas have been at the Umbral Docks so I would suspect it is a fairly common knowledge, the place have also been used as a safe place for prisoner exchanges as such as well."
Rodger said and nodded.
"The arrangement have worked better than going to war over the place."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:32 pm

'Ah... that whole "open secret" thing, yes? Let's hope some higher-up in the Union doesn't decide to quit doing the blind eye any time soon.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:44 pm

"Yes indeed let us hope so my dear madam or the result will be ugly."
Rodger said and frowned.
"This war will be the end of us all!"
He grumbled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:00 pm

'Think it'll be lucky if it was only the end of us. More likely it'll end up being the end of everything, period.' Nicole replied, looking out of the window.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:47 pm

"You are right unfortunately, a war between enlightened beings are a terrible things, and at the end of the day as we destroy one another, only the Nephandi are left the victor."
Rodger said and sigh. Miles nodded.
"I know but we can not just lay down our weapons either, we can not let the other factions win, we are locked in an impossible situation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Nicole was silent on this; knowing from experience that talking about Mirrorshades with other Scientists often hit the same problem that Greenies had when discussing global warming; aka a room of people constantly agreeing.

'One thing I've wondered... what do the Union think of Cryptids, like vampires?' she said curiously.

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarified)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:21 pm

"Wainwright yes the bastard Orphan have been in my oom before so he knows how to avoid my traps."
The Hagalaz said then he smiled a little.

This time Serge noticed Mr. Bergen's apparent displeasure to Mr. Wainwrights Orphan status and gave him a funny look.

"Y-yeah I've seen that magick scan thing he's done before. He's really good at it. I supposed he'd have better luck navigating a room like that." Serge said deciding not to directly comment on Mr. Bergen's rather harsh language after the kindness that he had offered him.

"I am supposed to be an adult and not think about it that way but yes a little like a trappe dungeon."
He said and grinned groudly.

"Just cause your an adult doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with what you do." Serge said with a grin.

"No the trap that kills you where not mine it was cast by Liv's mother the godforsaken bitch nothing would please me more than to send her a nidstang, a cursing pole for what she have done to our daugther."
Ulv spat.

"Well hopefully she'll suffer soon. If all goes well she'll pay dearly for what she did to Liv." Serge said.

"Well anyway my own traps can make you sick, give you bad luck and one of them will cause a nosebleed, not to dangerous in itself but it will be hard for an intruder to avoid spilling some drops on the floor and then I will have an arcane connection to them. There also traps to tag an intruder, so my own traps is not that dangerous yet but it would be more comfortable for you not to trigger them and then there are my ex's traps on the windows and they will kill."
He warned.

"See those are traps!" Serge said adamantly.

"From what I've heard your ex's traps just kill. Efficient and horrifying maybe, but very boring. Where's the imagination. The creativity...." Serge said complaining about the creativity of traps.

"She is a fucking bitch but she is also one hell of a mage."

"So I've heard. Traps that just straight up kill you instantly." Serge said with a shudder. "And red-hair......that's kinda strange."

"Ah yes the gruards probably think I have escaped and taken you hostage Mr Yager so you better go before they send in the cavalery, however amusing that would be."
Ulv said wryly.
"Thank you again for the drawing kid I do appriciate that."

"No problem!" Serge said standing up and dusting himself off. "Thanks again for teaching me a little bit about runic magick. I'll go see if I can find Liv to hand her your message. Who knows maybe I'll run into Mr. Wainwright and we'll go into your funhouse."

With a wave of goodbye, Serge exited the make-shift jail room and walked outside into th main basement area.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Jeffry smiled warmly at that. "He is my favorite apprentice though I will be quite crass with anyone who tells his sister who I also love dearly that I said that."
The old Flambeau muttered. "He is a good son indeed."

"I hope that you always have this high a regard and esteem for me," he said, unused to praise. "I am very lucky; I guess if anything all these shitty situations have shown me is how much I have to be thankful for and take better care."

He grinned, "Yes, I believe so... Just don't tell Jareth. He might get jealous."

"I would be honored to share the title with such a fellow," he said.

"Agreed Chief Joakim should get this information as soon as possible but no we do not want to tip off our enemies." Your Mentor said and he nodded in agreement after he had read your words.

'She was visiting her relative downstairs, but I let her know things might move fast. So if she is not at her post she is there, should we send someone to get her to depart?

Jeffry looked at you for a long while when he spoke it sounded like his throat was dry."I have had seven apprentices...weight now with Kyle and I have lost five of them, nothing would pain me more than to loose another student. If I where to be selfish I would order you to stay behind here where it is relatively safe to be a part of the group that looks after the Chantry while the rest of us go to the Labyrinth. However that being said while part of me when I look at you still see the naive young collage boy you where when I met you, the fact is that you are Flambeau now, a warrior, and even if you are wounded and my every desire is to protect you the fact is we both will be needed in this fight if you are willing, though off course I will have to urge you to try to avoid getting yourself injured and try to avoid pushing yourself to hard." Your Mentor said and he gave you a very worried look. "I will not order you to fight Adley it is your choice if you go or stay here." He finished. "You know I want you to be safe but at the same time I acknowledge you as a member of our House as a follower of Flambeau with all that entails."

'I am glad you care so much about me and I feel the same for you. But we need to let this make us stronger, as we said we would, and fight our fears and turn it into strength to help us protect each other. I am hardly the only one hurt, though my wounds are tricky ones and not ones seen or healed easily. I can only ask that you give me a placement that makes sense to my condition, as I'm not sure what missions there will be. I do not want to be a hardship on the party I am with. If staying here and protecting the chantry here in case of an attack is truly the best use I can be put, for someone will need to stay to keep it protected in case of counterstrike, I will do that. But you know that I cannot sit and do nothing while our entire world is under threat - put me to the best use that I can be put for what needs to be done to stop them, for if the chantry stands but the world falls, then what?

// I missed that bit from your earlier post, Anja so I plugged it in

ooc2 - well Larson's about as crazy as Kefka and has a sociopathic hatred of everything. I dunno if she's such a flashy dresser though ; ) Slimes are (pun) bog standard in most FF that I've played.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Nicole:

Nicole was silent on this; knowing from experience that talking about Mirrorshades with other Scientists often hit the same problem that Greenies had when discussing global warming; aka a room of people constantly agreeing.

'One thing I've wondered... what do the Union think of Cryptids, like vampires?' she said curiously.

"I am not a Technocrat ma'am so I just do not know but as they are not out exterminating them I would suspect they see them as less of a threat than they see other willworkers."
He said and frowned.
"Why where you wondering?"

Serge:

This time Serge noticed Mr. Bergen's apparent displeasure to Mr. Wainwrights Orphan status and gave him a funny look.

"Y-yeah I've seen that magick scan thing he's done before. He's really good at it. I supposed he'd have better luck navigating a room like that." Serge said deciding not to directly comment on Mr. Bergen's rather harsh language after the kindness that he had offered him.

"I suspect he will to be honest I do not know how he do it but the bloody Orphan have been in my room a few times and not been hurt so I suspect he have his ways."
Ulv grumbled.

"Just cause your an adult doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with what you do." Serge said with a grin.

"True enough we need to enjoy our work."
The Hagalaz said and grinned.

"Well hopefully she'll suffer soon. If all goes well she'll pay dearly for what she did to Liv." Serge said.

"Yes indeed hopefully she will suffer soon for what she did to Liv, she deserve to be taken down."
Ulv said angrily.
"Fucking bitch!"

"See those are traps!" Serge said adamantly.

"From what I've heard your ex's traps just kill. Efficient and horrifying maybe, but very boring. Where's the imagination. The creativity...." Serge said complaining about the creativity of traps.

Ulv gave you an odd look.
"Traps are tools kid, they are meant to be as efficient at keeping the enemy out of your place as possible if I could make lethal ones I would, I aim to make them as effective as I can."
He said and shook his head.
"Battle is not about something being cool."

"So I've heard. Traps that just straight up kill you instantly." Serge said with a shudder. "And red-hair......that's kinda strange."

"Yes she make such traps indeed...what is strange about someone having red hair though?"
The Cultist asked sounding confused.

"No problem!" Serge said standing up and dusting himself off. "Thanks again for teaching me a little bit about runic magick. I'll go see if I can find Liv to hand her your message. Who knows maybe I'll run into Mr. Wainwright and we'll go into your funhouse."

"My pleasure kid I am glad you found it interesting and thank you for delivering my message to Liv...and no Mr Wainwright will go into my room you should stay outside where it is safe."
Ulv said sternly.

With a wave of goodbye, Serge exited the make-shift jail room and walked outside into th main basement area.

Ulv nodded to you as you left. Helga looked up when you exited the make shift cell.
"There you are I got worried Mr Yager and I was wondering if I should send someone in to check on you. What happened in there?"
She asked in a gruff tone of voice.

Adley:

"I hope that you always have this high a regard and esteem for me," he said, unused to praise. "I am very lucky; I guess if anything all these shitty situations have shown me is how much I have to be thankful for and take better care."

"Do not let it go to your head mea filius but yes I suspect I always will, you have turned up well though you still have allot to learn, then again so do I."
Jeffry said and smiled.
"But yes while much are dark and bitter there are things to be grateful for for me as well."

'She was visiting her relative downstairs, but I let her know things might move fast. So if she is not at her post she is there, should we send someone to get her to depart?

Your Mentor nodded.
"Yes that is a good idea we should send someone to get Mrs Knox to get her ready to depart I will as someone as soon as we are done here."
He said.

I am glad you care so much about me and I feel the same for you. But we need to let this make us stronger, as we said we would, and fight our fears and turn it into strength to help us protect each other. I am hardly the only one hurt, though my wounds are tricky ones and not ones seen or healed easily. I can only ask that you give me a placement that makes sense to my condition, as I'm not sure what missions there will be. I do not want to be a hardship on the party I am with.

The old war mage gave you a fond smile then he said.
"I am planning on sending out several smaller teams to try to take out as many Nephandi as possible and cut Larson of from her support and then rally on the team that eventually find Larson and and Prelati as we move towards the Node chamber I would want to put you on one of these themes."
He said.
"Our duty is to protect this Chantry and this city and the world."
He said solemnly.
"Even in the face of great danger."

If staying here and protecting the chantry here in case of an attack is truly the best use I can be put, for someone will need to stay to keep it protected in case of counterstrike, I will do that. But you know that I cannot sit and do nothing while our entire world is under threat - put me to the best use that I can be put for what needs to be done to stop them, for if the chantry stands but the world falls, then what?

"I think you would be of most use in the Labyrinth mea filius, yes we need protectors at the Chantry as well, but you and your Cabalmate seam to have had a great luck in finding just the right way to attain victories in this conflict and when the gods sends a sign it should be heeded."
Jeffry said and he smiled sadly as he did not want to put you in danger.
"As you say we are fighting to perverse existence and my gut instinct tell me you have a part to play in this still Adley, I do not think I can afford to put you on the sidelines."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:11 pm

Ulv gave you an odd look.
"Traps are tools kid, they are meant to be as efficient at keeping the enemy out of your place as possible if I could make lethal ones I would, I aim to make them as effective as I can."
He said and shook his head.
"Battle is not about something being cool."

"Right I know. That's the second time someone's said that to me.....or fifth......maybe more." Serge said now just enjoying seeing how many people he could make say that.

"But putting battles aside traps can have a myriad of different effects. I've always wanted to create a picture trap. Just a specially drawn drawing that, when looked at, causes the victim to hallucinate and traps them into a mental illusion resembling what was depicted in the drawing." Serge said wondering what such a spell would require.

"Yes she make such traps indeed...what is strange about someone having red hair though?"
The Cultist asked sounding confused.

Serge shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'I dunno'.

"It was the first thing that came to mind. I had to draw a picture of her and her red-hair always stood out to me. But looking back on it, it's probably the least strangest thing ever. Sometimes I speak before I think.

"My pleasure kid I am glad you found it interesting and thank you for delivering my message to Liv...and no Mr Wainwright will go into my room you should stay outside where it is safe."
Ulv said sternly.

"All right, All right I'll stay outside. I doubt he has the time to go and get a rune set for me but if I see him I'll ask him." Serge said reassuring Mr. Bergen. Although secretly he wanted to try navigating through the room himself.

Ulv nodded to you as you left. Helga looked up when you exited the make shift cell.
"There you are I got worried Mr Yager and I was wondering if I should send someone in to check on you. What happened in there?"
She asked in a gruff tone of voice.

"Oh not much. I asked him if he wanted soup, he said no, then he asked about his daughter. I told him his daughter was safe and sound. He looked really worried about his daughter so I offered to draw him a picture of his daughter so he would have something to look at while he was in there. Then I wrote down a message and drew a picture of him to give to his daughter." Serge said pausing temporarily to hold up the Norwegian message and picture of Mr. Bergen.

"We talked about our magick for a little bit and when he saw my drawings he asked if I used runes in my magick and offered to teach me a couple of things as a way to pay me back for the drawing of his daughter. So now I know a little bit more about runic magick and have a Hagalaz rune on my palm." Serge said holding up his palm to show the rune marked on it.

(OOC: You know Kefka was in Final Fantasy 6 I think. That's the same one that has the artist girl who's drawings come to life..... Very Happy )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"Very well Adeptus Wainwright good day for now."
Master Tolle said before you hun up on the call.

Victor let you back into Sierra's cell the girl was still curled up in the corner.
"If the ritual is not happening at once Mr Wainwright you can release Miss Bluehill's hands and let her get dressed, unless you would feel unsafe in there if she is not bound."
The young Enforcer said and he handed you a bundle with the prisoner's dirty clothing.
He nodded, "There will be a small reprieve, at least, and a chance to plea for mercy before the Primi... It's not a guarantee of anything more, but it is something..."
He took the bundle with a small frown, "Not even washed? Hmph... well, I can't really fault that - not much point in washing prisoners' clothes, I suppose... No, I don't think she'll be a risk unbound."

He stepped inside the cell again, gently placing the clothes next to Sierra, smiling thinly, "Now, Miss Bluehill - the scariest Quaesitor I've ever met is coming to question you... the information you volunteer can possibly buy you a few days' extension, if you are counted as a crucial witness in a major case. I have faith that with what you already told me, that might well prove the case. After that... only a Primi can grant you a pardon, but Master Tolle agreed to let me plead your case before them. If you are truly willing to try to restore your Avatar to the side of Creation... I am not without sympathizers among the Nine, and owing to the threats made against you when I arrived, well, it might cost me a little favour, but I am willing to weather as much. If you would like to let me untie you so you can get dressed? Master Tolle might not care about the state of dress, but I do."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"I see young man, I will put it on my extended to do list."
The old Hermetic said diplomatically.
He smiled wryly, "Be warned, Sir, it is in no way light reading, and touches on some pretty heavy subjects. It is from the era when science-fiction was the tool of choice to offer criticism of the present while avoiding accusations of slander against the current government or other authorities."

"I know what the sand did for me yes however that do not mean it would do the same for someone in a melancholic mood or someone under the attack of an Outsider Thing, it should be tested before use."
The old Flambeau said and he sounded a bit skeptical.
He nodded, "Precisely my thought."

"I would be honored to share the title with such a fellow," he said.
He grinned, "I'm sure you two would have a hoot."

Miss White smiles to you as she pass you.
Narim looked up from his computer and he nodded.
"I have traced the man down, however by the time I found him the sun was up so he do not answer his phone and he appears to be sleeping."
He informed you.
He frowned, "Hum, I had hoped you would have had the time to... Oh, well, the least we can do is return the fellow's blade. He might yet prove an asset, and potential ally."

((OOC: Possible, possible, though the characters don't quite have jobs in that manner in VI... In fact, if I recall correctly, classes/jobs were in I, III, V, X-II and the online versions... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Anja's Post:

'I am fully aware you're not a Mirrorshade.' Nicole replied, a shade irritably. 'I was asking thinking you might know more about how they think than me, that's all.'

'I was just wondering about it; having various critters going about messing things up surely must annoy the Mirrorshades no end. Thought they were the types who liked everything neat and just so.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:53 am

He grinned, "I'm sure you two would have a hoot."

"Always with the puns," he said.

"Do not let it go to your head mea filius but yes I suspect I always will, you have turned up well though you still have allot to learn, then again so do I." Jeffry said and smiled. "But yes while much are dark and bitter there are things to be grateful for for me as well."

"I won't let it get to my head, but...thank you," he said.

"Yes that is a good idea we should send someone to get Mrs Knox to get her ready to depart I will as someone as soon as we are done here." He said.

He nodded. "Or I can wait, if you're only waiting on me. I don't want there to be more delay than there needs to be."

"I am planning on sending out several smaller teams to try to take out as many Nephandi as possible and cut Larson of from her support and then rally on the team that eventually find Larson and and Prelati as we move towards the Node chamber I would want to put you on one of these themes." He said. "Our duty is to protect this Chantry and this city and the world." He said solemnly. "Even in the face of great danger."

"Then it's best that we try to get ourselves ready," he said.

"I think you would be of most use in the Labyrinth mea filius, yes we need protectors at the Chantry as well, but you and your Cabalmate seam to have had a great luck in finding just the right way to attain victories in this conflict and when the gods sends a sign it should be heeded." Jeffry said and he smiled sadly as he did not want to put you in danger. "As you say we are fighting to perverse existence and my gut instinct tell me you have a part to play in this still Adley, I do not think I can afford to put you on the sidelines."

"What else does your gut say?" he asked, clearing off the tablet frame.

// preserve is way too close in spelling to perverse, especially with spell checkers that have bad senses of humor.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:28 am

Serge:

"Right I know. That's the second time someone's said that to me.....or fifth......maybe more." Serge said now just enjoying seeing how many people he could make say that.

"Well keep your enthusiasm for now kid it will fade soon enough once you get into a proper fight and have to wash your Cabalmate's brains of your clothes afterwards."
Ulv said and shrugged.
"The realities of war tend to sink in then but for now just be enthusiastic it is fine."

"But putting battles aside traps can have a myriad of different effects. I've always wanted to create a picture trap. Just a specially drawn drawing that, when looked at, causes the victim to hallucinate and traps them into a mental illusion resembling what was depicted in the drawing." Serge said wondering what such a spell would require.

"Not a bad idea...not a bad idea we might be able to pull that off. Come to think of it I saw something similar in a TV series recently hum...give me a moment to consider how this can be done and we might be able to rig something like that up."
The Hagalaz said and he looked thoughtful for a moment.

Serge shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'I dunno'.

"It was the first thing that came to mind. I had to draw a picture of her and her red-hair always stood out to me. But looking back on it, it's probably the least strangest thing ever. Sometimes I speak before I think.

"It is perfectly fine her hair is striking, the whole woman is beautiful...only a shame that she is rotten to the core, one thing is wanting to destroy reality but she also tried to harm Liv that is not to be tolerated!"
Ulv grumbled his eyes full of anger.

"All right, All right I'll stay outside. I doubt he has the time to go and get a rune set for me but if I see him I'll ask him." Serge said reassuring Mr. Bergen. Although secretly he wanted to try navigating through the room himself.

"Good your poor Mentor would be devastated if you got hurt by my traps and then she would strangle me."
Ulv said and grinned a little.
"Not that I will not die anyway but you know there are degrees of dead."

"Oh not much. I asked him if he wanted soup, he said no, then he asked about his daughter. I told him his daughter was safe and sound. He looked really worried about his daughter so I offered to draw him a picture of his daughter so he would have something to look at while he was in there. Then I wrote down a message and drew a picture of him to give to his daughter." Serge said pausing temporarily to hold up the Norwegian message and picture of Mr. Bergen.

"We talked about our magick for a little bit and when he saw my drawings he asked if I used runes in my magick and offered to teach me a couple of things as a way to pay me back for the drawing of his daughter. So now I know a little bit more about runic magick and have a Hagalaz rune on my palm." Serge said holding up his palm to show the rune marked on it.

Helga blinked a little at the flow of words then she just nodded.
"Very well, you are not harmed then Mr Yager? Good."
She muttered in her gruff tone of voice.
"Spending time with a prisoner is fine and good but let us know the next time so we do not worry about you okey kid?"

Colin Horizon Near Future:

He nodded, "There will be a small reprieve, at least, and a chance to plea for mercy before the Primi... It's not a guarantee of anything more, but it is something..."
He took the bundle with a small frown, "Not even washed? Hmph... well, I can't really fault that - not much point in washing prisoners' clothes, I suppose... No, I don't think she'll be a risk unbound."

Victor nodded at that.
"Well she will be relieved to hear it...I have worked here for a while and I can not imagine what it must feel like to sit there and...and...wait for one's Avatar to be destroyed."
He said with a shudder.
"It is not my department to clean the prisoner's clothes Sir."
He said.
"Well then you can release her hands or I can do so if you prefer."

He stepped inside the cell again, gently placing the clothes next to Sierra, smiling thinly, "Now, Miss Bluehill - the scariest Quaesitor I've ever met is coming to question you... the information you volunteer can possibly buy you a few days' extension, if you are counted as a crucial witness in a major case. I have faith that with what you already told me, that might well prove the case. After that... only a Primi can grant you a pardon, but Master Tolle agreed to let me plead your case before them. If you are truly willing to try to restore your Avatar to the side of Creation... I am not without sympathizers among the Nine,

Sierra looked up at you through her tears as if she did not really comprehend what was happening.
"I...will at least get a few days Sir?"
She asked her eyes wide.
"There is a chance? Scary Quesitor? I do not understand I...I...well I will tell him what I told you and I will do anything it takes to protect my Avatar so if that means trying to reform I will do it."
She promised, she still looked like she did not quite dare to believe she would get a reprieve and she started sobbing again softly.

and owing to the threats made against you when I arrived, well, it might cost me a little favour, but I am willing to weather as much. If you would like to let me untie you so you can get dressed? Master Tolle might not care about the state of dress, but I do."

"O...okey."
Sierra muttered and she turned around so you could get at her bound hands, they where purplish blue, she was bound with cord to tightly and people with diabetes often had a problem with their circulation to begin with.
"Since I Fell the first person I ever met to care about my modesty and dignity was that blue eyed Hermetic at Steelhaven."
She whispered.

Steelhaven Now:

He smileHe nodded, "Precisely my thought."
d wryly, "Be warned, Sir, it is in no way light reading, and touches on some pretty heavy subjects. It is from the era when science-fiction was the tool of choice to offer criticism of the present while avoiding accusations of slander against the current government or other authorities."

"I see well it certainly sounds like an interesting work for when I have the time."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"But that might not be for quite some time like I said I have little time for fiction books these days."

He nodded, "Precisely my thought."

"We will have to see what there can be found time for Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said.

He frowned, "Hum, I had hoped you would have had the time to... Oh, well, the least we can do is return the fellow's blade. He might yet prove an asset, and potential ally."

"If there is a great need I can teleport him to somewhere it is night and you can speak with him but he might find being plucked from his bed and teleported around to be a bit of an indignity, I certainly can send his blade back to him or set up a meeting with him tonight to return it."
Narim offered and he scratched his head.

Nicole:

'I am fully aware you're not a Mirrorshade.' Nicole replied, a shade irritably. 'I was asking thinking you might know more about how they think than me, that's all.'

"Off course you don't my apologies dear madam. Well my own teacher was a member of the Order of Reason before our Tradition left and since I work at the Umbral docks I do encounter the Union men at times but they do not exactly discuss the Pogrom with me, my impression though is that they are more concerned with Enlightened beings than other Awakened unless these make a very big nusience of themselves."
Rodger said and shook his head.

'I was just wondering about it; having various critters going about messing things up surely must annoy the Mirrorshades no end. Thought they were the types who liked everything neat and just so.'

"Oh it undoubtedly annoy them and the Union will take out other Awakened beings at times but you have to remember these critters are static, the Union men know exactly what they can do and how much trouble they can cause also these paranormal societies mostly keep to themselves and make an effort not to be discovered by the sleepers which minimize conflict with the Union, our science and our allies's magick though it can do anything that is a much greater mess to the eyes of the Technocracy than something that is orderly and predictable."
The older Etherite commented.

Adley:

"I won't let it get to my head, but...thank you," he said.

Jeffry just gave you a smile and a nod.

He nodded. "Or I can wait, if you're only waiting on me. I don't want there to be more delay than there needs to be."

Your Mentor nodded.
"You may be right mea filius if you will excuse me for a few moments then and I will be right back."
He said and he headed for the door to inform Mrs Knox about the travel plans.

"Then it's best that we try to get ourselves ready," he said.

"Agreed while Mr Wainwright work his rather insane plan and we see if he can clear a path for us as it where we should indeed try to make ourselves ready. I will have to strengthen the wards on the Chantry first through I am not leaving while they are in the state they are in, in fact I will re cast them entirely."
The old Hermetic declared.

"What else does your gut say?" he asked, clearing off the tablet frame.

Jeffry looked troubled for a moment then he sigh.
"Not much but I do have a feeling that you and Mr Wainwright have an important role to play in this, and the young Cultist kid we just got in as well, we all have our parts to play but there is something the three of you have to do and it will be important, but it is a gut feeling not a proper divination even so I try to listen to them."
He said then he sigh again.
"And then it is the Etherite woman...she have some part to play as well I feel it but I do not know what."

(OOC: Well my spell checker want to make everything into cactus as of late, I tried to write busstop and it suggested cactus. Only I am sitting at the cactus waiting for the bus just sounds somewhat odd. P )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:04 am

"Well keep your enthusiasm for now kid it will fade soon enough once you get into a proper fight and have to wash your Cabalmate's brains of your clothes afterwards."
Ulv said and shrugged.
"The realities of war tend to sink in then but for now just be enthusiastic it is fine."

"....A lot of people think I don't know the horrors of war. And they'd be right...to an extent. But I have seen some terrifying things. It's funny what your brain can cook up when you not in your right state of mind." Serge said solemnly.

Then with a smile Serge said, "But I'll keep my enthusiasm. And I hope I can help brighten up people's day and make them forget about their own troubles."

"Not a bad idea...not a bad idea we might be able to pull that off. Come to think of it I saw something similar in a TV series recently hum...give me a moment to consider how this can be done and we might be able to rig something like that up."
The Hagalaz said and he looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Right! I've seen it in books and comics and other TV shows and I've always wanted to do it." Serge said excited that the Rune mage agreed with him.

"I can draw the picture but effects like that need time. And I could never get the whole 'trap' aspect of it to work. If I'm not there actively willing the magick into the drawing it sort of just turns back into a regular drawing."

"Good your poor Mentor would be devastated if you got hurt by my traps and then she would strangle me."
Ulv said and grinned a little.
"Not that I will not die anyway but you know there are degrees of dead."

"She has a couple more people to strangle before then....me included. I don't think she would be too happy if she found out  that I took part in two battles where I could've gotten killed rather than retreat to the safe space for non-combatants." Serge said nervously wondering how his mentor knew more about his rather chaotic day.

Helga blinked a little at the flow of words then she just nodded.
"Very well, you are not harmed then Mr Yager? Good."
She muttered in her gruff tone of voice.
"Spending time with a prisoner is fine and good but let us know the next time so we do not worry about you okey kid?"

Serge nervously scratched the back of his head, "Yeah sorry about that. I kinda got carried away talking to the prisoners. I've been doing that every time I've been down here."

"I suppose you guys fed all of the other prisoners. Did you wake up Cadence to feed her? And the other mystery prisoner?" Serge asked concerned that Cadence didn't get enough sleep.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing some stuff)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:15 am

"You may be right mea filius if you will excuse me for a few moments then and I will be right back." He said and he headed for the door to inform Mrs Knox about the travel plans.

He gave a nod of his head. He decided to use some of the time burning and pulling the arcane connections off of the needle he used with a match so it could be discarded later.

"Agreed while Mr Wainwright work his rather insane plan and we see if he can clear a path for us as it where we should indeed try to make ourselves ready. I will have to strengthen the wards on the Chantry first through I am not leaving while they are in the state they are in, in fact I will re cast them entirely."

He felt another pang of worry for his friend - it was true, he seemed to have information from the future, or a future, that lent him inside knowledges he was still very worried about him. Plus, he felt he could depend on him in a fight, to boot. "We should get some people to work on that, then," he agreed. "And the other thing, we just learned about," he added, since it seemed that this girl was now an added complication concerning Jace that had to be handled forthwith.

"Not much but I do have a feeling that you and Mr Wainwright have an important role to play in this, and the young Cultist kid we just got in as well, we all have our parts to play but there is something the three of you have to do and it will be important, but it is a gut feeling not a proper divination even so I try to listen to them." He said then he sigh again. "And then it is the Etherite woman...she have some part to play as well I feel it but I do not know what."

"What is the first task I should do, then pater?" he asked, as if it had been settled enough. He trusted the gut feeling - it had probably helped keep his pater alive more than once and he had no reason to doubt it now.

// I forgot about that character, she made drawings to cast magic too!

ooc2: prime arcane connection spell: 7, 4, 2
ooc3: lol, autocorrect algorithms with a sense of humor. You get a cactus, and /you/ get a cactus....

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:25 am

Serge:

"....A lot of people think I don't know the horrors of war. And they'd be right...to an extent. But I have seen some terrifying things. It's funny what your brain can cook up when you not in your right state of mind." Serge said solemnly.

Then with a smile Serge said, "But I'll keep my enthusiasm. And I hope I can help brighten up people's day and make them forget about their own troubles."

"No doubt the mind can cook up horrors worse than reality and I do not know what you have seen or experienced Mr Yager, hell if you are able to live in a war and just dream of more...creative ways to fight that is probably a good thing for you though it might get you killed. However remember that for many who have lost loved ones in this conflict, students, friends, Mentors hearing someone talk about violence as if it was an adventure game can be infuriating since for most of us it is just an horror where we are afraid, terrified of getting killed ourselves even more terrified of loosing loved ones and all we want is to get what needs to be done done as quickly as possible before the enemy do the same to us."
Ulv explained with a sigh.

"Right! I've seen it in books and comics and other TV shows and I've always wanted to do it." Serge said excited that the Rune mage agreed with him.

"I can draw the picture but effects like that need time. And I could never get the whole 'trap' aspect of it to work. If I'm not there actively willing the magick into the drawing it sort of just turns back into a regular drawing."

"That Mr Yager is actually the most dificult aspect. You see we are Dynamic our powers our magick continues to change and shape, to ebb and flow, to make it say still until a trap is tripped can be tricky."
The Hagalaz said then he smiled.
"But I think I might be able to figure something out...hum...we would have to decide on the nature of the image to be drawn and base it around that."

"She has a couple more people to strangle before then....me included. I don't think she would be too happy if she found out that I took part in two battles where I could've gotten killed rather than retreat to the safe space for non-combatants." Serge said nervously wondering how his mentor knew more about his rather chaotic day.

That made Ulv grin a litle.
"Well yes the good lady might just have a word or two to say about that kid, but all in all if you helped out and you pulled though unharmed with what you have been doing today I do think she will be proud of you."

Serge nervously scratched the back of his head, "Yeah sorry about that. I kinda got carried away talking to the prisoners. I've been doing that every time I've been down here."

"I suppose you guys fed all of the other prisoners. Did you wake up Cadence to feed her? And the other mystery prisoner?" Serge asked concerned that Cadence didn't get enough sleep.

Helga shrugged.
"No harm no faul Kr Yager and it is good that you are kind to the prisoners that reflect well on you and your Mentor's teachings. Just let someone know the next time ok?"
She said then she nodded.
"Most of the prisoners have been fed but we did not wake up the new girl, Sierra she says her name is nor Miss Clearwater since it is best they get some rest, we have saved them each a bowl though that we can reheat when they wake up."
The other Cultist informed you.

Adley:

He gave a nod of his head. He decided to use some of the time burning and pulling the arcane connections off of the needle he used with a match so it could be discarded later.

It was not your best spell, but you had cast the rote your Mentor had taught you to remove Arcane connections so many times now that while your focus was not the best you managed to get reality to listen to your commands and to shape it to your will, the needle might still hold some of your Arcane connection but most of it was gone.
"Do you want me to burn that into nothingness for you mea filius so no trace is left, I do nto like to leave things that have touched blood laying around and especially not something that have touched blood and have been used for a magickal operation even if that operation was not yours."
You Mentor offered.

He felt another pang of worry for his friend - it was true, he seemed to have information from the future, or a future, that lent him inside knowledges he was still very worried about him. Plus, he felt he could depend on him in a fight, to boot. "We should get some people to work on that, then," he agreed. "And the other thing, we just learned about," he added, since it seemed that this girl was now an added complication concerning Jace that had to be handled forthwith.

"Agreed I am going to call about the girl shortly hopefully we can get her here in time, if so and if we with her hair can trace this Jace then we are going to need one team to go after him as well and hopefully be able to take him our or capture him before we storm the Labyrinth."
Jeffry agreed.
"As for the rest of us I am going to gather everyone soon and part everyone into teams but I want to know what will be the case with this child first."

"What is the first task I should do, then pater?" he asked, as if it had been settled enough. He trusted the gut feeling - it had probably helped keep his pater alive more than once and he had no reason to doubt it now.

"If you would help me with the wards then that would be helful mea filus."
Jeffry said.
"Other than that I just got amessage that Master Boz is on his way to pick up his student someone will have to help explain what happened to him and also ask him if we can take an Arcane connection from her, something that might make it easier to find her mother in the Labyrinth and indentify the trap master's work, we have not been able to take such an connection from her without her Mentor's consent though, and yes the irony of a major part of our plans resting on bits of hair or blood from children are not lost on me."
He said and frowned.
"Other than that you will have to preare yourself, groud and center yourelf and do what you need to do to get ready for combat."
The old war mage said.
"Then let us finish this!"

(OOC: Cacti for everyone! Well that do remind me of a vampire game where a Thimitze (yes I know it is spelled wrong) were going to torture a captured Camarilla vampire and what the player characters hear from the locked room are allot of screaming and then the Thimize declaring, well that was little cactus, do you want to talk or do you want to meet big cactus. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:31 am

"No doubt the mind can cook up horrors worse than reality and I do not know what you have seen or experienced Mr Yager, hell if you are able to live in a war and just dream of more...creative ways to fight that is probably a good thing for you though it might get you killed. However remember that for many who have lost loved ones in this conflict, students, friends, Mentors hearing someone talk about violence as if it was an adventure game can be infuriating since for most of us it is just an horror where we are afraid, terrified of getting killed ourselves even more terrified of loosing loved ones and all we want is to get what needs to be done done as quickly as possible before the enemy do the same to us."
Ulv explained with a sigh.

Serge listened carefully and then said respectfully, "Your right, I could never understand the pain you guys are going through. How could I? I've spent most of my life avoiding reality. Sorry if I made you mad."

"That Mr Yager is actually the most dificult aspect. You see we are Dynamic our powers our magick continues to change and shape, to ebb and flow, to make it say still until a trap is tripped can be tricky."
The Hagalaz said then he smiled.
"But I think I might be able to figure something out...hum...we would have to decide on the nature of the image to be drawn and base it around that."

"What kind of image...." Serge said said to himself.

"I wanted a simple image. Sort of like a plains. Just a flat windy plains. With a blurry figure in the background." Serge began to explain.

"With a bright sun, vibrant colors, and a peaceful inviting atmosphere. No problems, no worries. A place that you would want to stay in. Since, you know, the last thing we want a person trapped in a mental illusion to do is to try and find a way out." Serge said reminiscing about his own mental world.

"The blurry figure could be magickally warped by the target's mind so that they see an illusion of someone they care about within the pictures. A spouse, a lover, their child. Make them see someone important in their life so that their willingness to break out of the trap decreases. It could also be warped to resemble the target's greatest fear if we decide to go that direction."

After saying his ambitious desires, Serge concluded by saying, "Although I'm sure I'm getting ahead of myself. All this stuff is easier said than done. Do you have any ideas?"

That made Ulv grin a litle.
"Well yes the good lady might just have a word or two to say about that kid, but all in all if you helped out and you pulled though unharmed with what you have been doing today I do think she will be proud of you."

Serge smiled at that and said simply, "I hope so."

Helga shrugged.
"No harm no faul Kr Yager and it is good that you are kind to the prisoners that reflect well on you and your Mentor's teachings. Just let someone know the next time ok?"
She said then she nodded.

"Of course. I'll do that next time." Serge said nodding his head respectfully towards the elder cultist.

"Most of the prisoners have been fed but we did not wake up the new girl, Sierra she says her name is nor Miss Clearwater since it is best they get some rest, we have saved them each a bowl though that we can reheat when they wake up."
The other Cultist informed you.

"That's good. They need the rest." Serge said hoping that Cadence was having sweet dreams of angels and dragons.

Looking around Serge noticed that one person was missing. "Hey where'd Nicole go? I thought she was keeping guard out here with you guys?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 am

Serge listened carefully and then said respectfully, "Your right, I could never understand the pain you guys are going through. How could I? I've spent most of my life avoiding reality. Sorry if I made you mad."

"I am not mad kid I am however a little worried about you, the enthusiasm you show is refreshing and you should keep that I am just concerned that the reality you hide from might end up hurting you in the end."
Ulv said and sigh.

"What kind of image...." Serge said said to himself.

"I wanted a simple image. Sort of like a plains. Just a flat windy plains. With a blurry figure in the background." Serge began to explain.

"With a bright sun, vibrant colors, and a peaceful inviting atmosphere. No problems, no worries. A place that you would want to stay in. Since, you know, the last thing we want a person trapped in a mental illusion to do is to try and find a way out." Serge said reminiscing about his own mental world.

"The blurry figure could be magickally warped by the target's mind so that they see an illusion of someone they care about within the pictures. A spouse, a lover, their child. Make them see someone important in their life so that their willingness to break out of the trap decreases. It could also be warped to resemble the target's greatest fear if we decide to go that direction."

After saying his ambitious desires, Serge concluded by saying, "Although I'm sure I'm getting ahead of myself. All this stuff is easier said than done. Do you have any ideas?"

"Hum...these are good ideas for a more complex trap yes but I think perhaps that for an first atttemnt a simpler image is better, something elegant and small that will capture the imagination of those seeing it and sending them into a trap...I am not sure how to do the mental aspect of that but I might be able to pull of the temporary enchantment of the image using my runes but it would have to be re enchanted regularly I am nowhere close to being able to make a permanent talisman like I said we are creatures of Dynamism Mr Yager making something static is harder for us than the bloody hedge wizards even if I hate to admit that."
The Hagalaz said and his brow furrowed as he thought about the suggjested trap.
"A temporary one could work though, what about a circle of some sort, or a spiral that suck the victim into it mentally?"
He mushed.

Serge smiled at that and said simply, "I hope so."

"I am sure she is proud of you kid you are her apprentice."
Ulv said and smiled.

"Of course. I'll do that next time." Serge said nodding his head respectfully towards the elder cultist.

"Good that is all I ask."
Helga said gruffly and nodded.

"That's good. They need the rest." Serge said hoping that Cadence was having sweet dreams of angels and dragons.

"Yeah I thought the same, they are sacred and exhausted they need their rest."
She agreed.

Looking around Serge noticed that one person was missing. "Hey where'd Nicole go? I thought she was keeping guard out here with you guys?" Serge asked curiously.

"She did stand guard here while we fed the prisoners but then an older Etherite that live in an Chantry on the outskirts of the Tribunal came to get her, something about repairs on an Umbral ship I think and she left."
Helga explained.
"I am sure she will be back soon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next