Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 19 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 am

[Adley and Nicole] (Labyrinth, Jeffry's strike team at 2 30)

He didn't say anything else, but helped her up and then went to assist her comrade, if he could unball himself. "May I offer assistance to help you stand?" He didn't make any sudden moves on him though.

The Nephndi woman looked at you but she said nothing further either. You got over to Edmund he looked rather scared at you but nodded weakly.
"Yeah...thank you."
He managed and he gritted his teeth and groaned.
"Fuck this hurts...fuck!"

"Yes, sir," he said, and went to pull up a message. Then he frowned and said, "Ah, another message...here, best you see this one as well before I do that."

Jeffry read the message and frowned.
"We are going to have to discuss this with our Verbena ally when we are alone."
The old Hermetic said.
"Very well send the messages but please add that the teams by the Caul should be careful until we figure this out."

(OOC: Here Adley your friend Tane is eating Nephandi flesh so have some Nephandi blood, don't complain Mr Lenoe do not complain. Razz As for missing a message not a problem with all the stress of the scene it would be pretty likely that he would do just that.)

[Colin] (Speaking with Dalisse at the Labyrinth 2:30 in the afternoon.)

Colin smiled and shook his head, "No, not selfish... You just have not yet found the one thing which you hold higher than your own survival. In fact, I do believe it is rarer for a student to be ready to sacrifice themselves for their Mentor than the other way around - it is a very natural instinct that the safety of the next generation is more important than that of the previous one..."

"But I respected my Mentor, I loved her, but I where not able to most likely get killed to warn her."
Brandon said and looked down shamefully.
"I...failed her."
He said sadly.

Colin nodded, "To the extent of my understanding, the base of the brainstem, where it becomes the spinal cord, has as much consciousness as the strings in a marionette player's hand, and essentially the same function. Cut those strings, well... you get the idea."

"Yeah..."
Brandon said and shuddered.
"I guess that would be acceptable then and it should be rather quick, though it sounds like it would hurt allot, Prelatus Jace where always using the pawns and prisoners for experiments and where poking them in the spine and they often cried out or looked like they where in pain."
He muttered nervously.
"But I guess I am going to have to hope not to be hunted down."

He grinned, "We all have our nervous tics. Some are visible, like plucking at fabric, others are not so visible, like mentally reciting Jabberwocky or something similar."

The young mage smiled a little.
"The thing is I do not even realize that I am doing it, but it would explain why I constantly have to fix holes in my sweaters."
He said still a bit self concious.

He nodded, "I've already passed along word of the blood trick - I think you've got the right of it in your assessment of the ward. That doesn't necessarily make it any easier to bypass, but the teams should at least have some means of getting the... key."

"Are your group going to kill even more pepole to get their blood then, to get to the Caul? What if the blood have to come from a living Fallen, I do not think that many are left in the Labyrinth...I do not know how I know but I am starting to feel alone."
Brandon said and looked down. As Brandon spoke you felt Mia sort of shift just a little inside of your soul and you felt something in your hand, something not here in this space, you had touched these things before early this morning, the five vials of Kyle's blood you had helped Richard draw this morning, now they where cold and in an evelope on their way to a lab somewhere for analysis, five vials, one for each of the five strike teams, the sixt being in Jeffry's office as an arcane connection to his new student. It was an odd sensation, as if you could suddenly draw the young Fallen's blood to you in this space, as if you suddenly understood how using your new knowledge of spirit and...a deeper understanding of space to fold where those vials where to here in the Labyrinth. Whatever or not such a small amount of blood would be enough you did not know but it seamed like Mia choose this time to help you with a new insight so perhaps the blood would be useful.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26 - Page 19 Empty Re: Lisa Larsons End, Death in the Walls and Babysitting Mage Girls IC Thread 26

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:00 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30ish]
"But I respected my Mentor, I loved her, but I where not able to most likely get killed to warn her."
Brandon said and looked down shamefully.
"I...failed her."
He said sadly.
Colin shook his head, "You didn't fail her... you succeeded her. Her methods, her techniques live on while you do and can pass them on to another apprentice."

"Yeah..."
"I guess that would be acceptable then and it should be rather quick, though it sounds like it would hurt allot, Prelatus Jace where always using the pawns and prisoners for experiments and where poking them in the spine and they often cried out or looked like they where in pain."
He muttered nervously.
"But I guess I am going to have to hope not to be hunted down."
He grimaced, "Jace used needles thin enough not to cause permanent damage in his victims, and he used those needles far lower than the transition between brain and spinal cord. The difference is like that of pricking your wrist with a needle, and hitting your wrist with an axe. But yes, try to keep a low profile."

The young mage smiled a little.
"The thing is I do not even realize that I am doing it, but it would explain why I constantly have to fix holes in my sweaters."
He said still a bit self concious.
He nodded, "Nothing a little helpful spirit can't fix."

"Are your group going to kill even more pepole to get their blood then, to get to the Caul? What if the blood have to come from a living Fallen, I do not think that many are left in the Labyrinth...I do not know how I know but I am starting to feel alone."
Brandon said and looked down. As Brandon spoke you felt Mia sort of shift just a little inside of your soul and you felt something in your hand, something not here in this space, you had touched these things before early this morning, the five vials of Kyle's blood you had helped Richard draw this morning, now they where cold and in an evelope on their way to a lab somewhere for analysis, five vials, one for each of the five strike teams, the sixt being in Jeffry's office as an arcane connection to his new student. It was an odd sensation, as if you could suddenly draw the young Fallen's blood to you in this space, as if you suddenly understood how using your new knowledge of spirit and...a deeper understanding of space to fold where those vials where to here in the Labyrinth. Whatever or not such a small amount of blood would be enough you did not know but it seamed like Mia choose this time to help you with a new insight so perhaps the blood would be useful.
He shook his head, "I don't think the blood of dead Nephandi would do, as you point out. And I'm not sure Larson's blood would do right now, as her Avatar is knocked out for a bit. I'm not sure where..."
He almost absentmindedly gripped the five vials, holding them up in front of him, "Oh, of course, he's been here a few times, and would have been admitted..."
He frowned at the vials, suddenly in his hand seemingly out of nowhere, "Oh, bugger, the Chief's going to let me hear it now... Well, what's done is done, might as well use the opportunity..."
He sighed and called Morgan, looking slightly distant, seeing the empty package on its way through the mail, its bearer completely oblivious as to what had just happened to the contents...

((OOC: No problem with missing a message, so long as i know I can alert you to it. Razz And yes, I'm afraid a little sip of blood is going to be the recommended course of action, unless a better method of masking one's Avatar with the Fallen blood comes up... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Colin shook his head, "You didn't fail her... you succeeded her. Her methods, her techniques live on while you do and can pass them on to another apprentice."

"I...guess one can look at it like that, but still she is dead...she...died..."
Brandon muttered softly and he looked down.
"I should have protected her."

He grimaced, "Jace used needles thin enough not to cause permanent damage in his victims, and he used those needles far lower than the transition between brain and spinal cord. The difference is like that of pricking your wrist with a needle, and hitting your wrist with an axe. But yes, try to keep a low profile."

"I think I understand, though chopping my wrist with an axe sounds allot worse than pricking it with a pin. That being said I assume I would be knocked out by the impact, it is still a scary thought though."
The teenager muttered and looked down.
"I do not want to die."

He nodded, "Nothing a little helpful spirit can't fix."

Brandon looked rather confused.
"Spirits fix your worn out clothing Sir?"

He shook his head, "I don't think the blood of dead Nephandi would do, as you point out. And I'm not sure Larson's blood would do right now, as her Avatar is knocked out for a bit. I'm not sure where..."

"It is likely Lady Larson would be taken by the ward to be an intruder right now, and I do not know where her Avatar is but my guess would be somewhat close to her."
Dalisse said and looked down, very aware that she was the one who had teleported the gas that had affected Larson's soul in such a way.

He almost absentmindedly gripped the five vials, holding them up in front of him, "Oh, of course, he's been here a few times, and would have been admitted..."
He frowned at the vials, suddenly in his hand seemingly out of nowhere, "Oh, bugger, the Chief's going to let me hear it now... Well, what's done is done, might as well use the opportunity..."

The Handler gave you a confused look.
"Forgive me Colin but what are you talking about?"

He sighed and called Morgan, looking slightly distant, seeing the empty package on its way through the mail, its bearer completely oblivious as to what had just happened to the contents...

Well watever Richard felt it would be wise to check about Kyle's health would now not be checked and somewhere, someone would get yelled at for loosing the samples. You call the Chief and he replied, you heard a man sobbing in pain not far from him.
"Mr Wainwright...I assume it is important."
The old Hermetic said sharply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:43 pm

"I...guess one can look at it like that, but still she is dead...she...died..."
Brandon muttered softly and he looked down.
"I should have protected her."
Colin sighed, "You couldn't protect her. That is something you will have to accept... She would want you to live on and carry her legacy. That's the purpose of taking apprentices, after all - to ensure something of your work lives on after you're gone."

"I think I understand, though chopping my wrist with an axe sounds allot worse than pricking it with a pin. That being said I assume I would be knocked out by the impact, it is still a scary thought though."
The teenager muttered and looked down.
"I do not want to die."
He nodded, "The axe would sever the wrist rather than just puncture it. And of course you want to live. You should."

Brandon looked rather confused.
"Spirits fix your worn out clothing Sir?"
He nodded, "More precisely, some spirits - I know of a swarm of some earth spirits with the inclination - are quite happy to mend any damaged items. Reweave tears and holes in fabric, remove cracks from china, that sort of thing. Very useful to have around, if you can gain their allegiance."

"It is likely Lady Larson would be taken by the ward to be an intruder right now, and I do not know where her Avatar is but my guess would be somewhat close to her."
Dalisse said and looked down, very aware that she was the one who had teleported the gas that had affected Larson's soul in such a way.
He nodded, "I was thinking of where one might find a viable blood sample... I just did."

The Handler gave you a confused look.
"Forgive me Colin but what are you talking about?"
He held up the vials, "These are from a young boy who's been here a few times - a widderslainte Larson tried and failed to recruit. He's been adopted by us instead, and gave us some blood samples earlier today. Not for this purpose, mind, but it's... convenient. Seems I just figured out a little more about spatial manipulation."

Well watever Richard felt it would be wise to check about Kyle's health would now not be checked and somewhere, someone would get yelled at for loosing the samples. You call the Chief and he replied, you heard a man sobbing in pain not far from him.
"Mr Wainwright...I assume it is important."
The old Hermetic said sharply.
He sighed softly, "It is, Sir. I just, ah, obtained five vials of blood that may help get past the Caul chamber's wards. Enough for one vial per team; shouldn't require the whole teams to enter, after all. The part that is going to irritate you, though, is that they're the samples from your boy back at the Chantry - I'm afraid the good doctor is going to be quite livid for my accidentally intercepting them, but what's done is done, and I can send them down to you, or I can hold on to them until we get back... Your call, Sir."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Nicole continued to watch the events unfold, her impatience clearly growing.

[She's intimidating? So... those girls Serge is looking after won't automatically go up to her when they get back?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:02 pm

The Nephndi woman looked at you but she said nothing further either. You got over to Edmund he looked rather scared at you but nodded weakly. "Yeah...thank you."
He managed and he gritted his teeth and groaned. "Fuck this hurts...fuck!"

"I know," he said a bit regretfully and got the man to approximate standing.

effry read the message and frowned.
"We are going to have to discuss this with our Verbena ally when we are alone."
The old Hermetic said.
"Very well send the messages but please add that the teams by the Caul should be careful until we figure this out."

"Yes sir," he said with a nod, and did just that, adding the information that he wanted to send to the teams to the text to Narim and minding names whenever possible.

// true enough and I'm sure he won't like to hear about Tane eating people either >. <  This is going to be a problem, he's not  gonna be drinking Fallen blood, not even if it's his brothers. It's tainted. Hell, he didn't even like drinking his own blood.

ooc 2: I don't know what's up with the message I kept getting, Chrome is so far working *fingers crossed* But we might want to make copies of of character sheets just in case - always good to have a backup.

ooc3: intimidating at least when she wants to be

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Colin sighed, "You couldn't protect her. That is something you will have to accept... She would want you to live on and carry her legacy. That's the purpose of taking apprentices, after all - to ensure something of your work lives on after you're gone."

Brandon looked at you for a moment then he sigh and looked down at the floor.
"I guess you are right but I could have done something, tried to run...something and gotten to her to warn her...I could have done just something."
He muttered sadly.

He nodded, "The axe would sever the wrist rather than just puncture it. And of course you want to live. You should."

"Yeah...it do not sound plesant either way and...I will make sure I stay somewhere I am safe."
Brandon said.

He nodded, "More precisely, some spirits - I know of a swarm of some earth spirits with the inclination - are quite happy to mend any damaged items. Reweave tears and holes in fabric, remove cracks from china, that sort of thing. Very useful to have around, if you can gain their allegiance."

"These spirits, they sound really useful Sir, are they your servants?"
The young Nephandus asked and he nodded in aknowledgement of their abilities.

He nodded, "I was thinking of where one might find a viable blood sample... I just did."

"Well I am not Fallen so my blood probably will not work and for Brandon I would like to avoid going at the child with a knife."
The Handler said and Brandon frowned.
"Yeah being stabbed by daggers, well and anything else really is not my favorite I get quite enough of that sparring with my Mentor."
He said then he looked down sadly.
"Which I suppose I will never do again."

He held up the vials, "These are from a young boy who's been here a few times - a widderslainte Larson tried and failed to recruit. He's been adopted by us instead, and gave us some blood samples earlier today. Not for this purpose, mind, but it's... convenient. Seems I just figured out a little more about spatial manipulation."

"First of all congratulations on developing more magickally."
Dalisse said and smiled then she looked at the vials.
"Hum...I remember him, red haired teenager right, I did not meet him but saw him in the hallways, sweet kid I am glad he is safe then, the Traditions are not going to harm him?"

He sighed softly, "It is, Sir. I just, ah, obtained five vials of blood that may help get past the Caul chamber's wards. Enough for one vial per team; shouldn't require the whole teams to enter, after all.

"That is good news then Mr Wainwright, we are going with the idea that it is the magickal residue in their blood the ward reads? How did you get this blood we are running out of Fallen here, had I known about this issue before I made the deal with the trio I am handeling here then I would have added some of their blood to the price of letting them go, but cutting them now would be going back on my word."
Jeffry said.
"And Larson are...well per the definition until her Avatar return she is not a Fallen mage either."

The part that is going to irritate you, though, is that they're the samples from your boy back at the Chantry - I'm afraid the good doctor is going to be quite livid for my accidentally intercepting them, but what's done is done, and I can send them down to you, or I can hold on to them until we get back... Your call, Sir."

"You have learned to fetch things from other places then, well insight can come suddenly."
Jeffry said and you could allmost hear him frown.
"Dr Lee said he wanted to give the boy a checkup since Jhor can damage organs and other parts of the body and he had noticed some outwards signs of it, and he also wanted to check that the Serum did not have any other adverse effects, none of these things sounds urgent so waiting one more day for the samples should not matter much and if the blood can be useful during the battle it will have to take precedence. I have to admit I do not know much about modern medicine but the amount of blood taken from my apprentice should not be so great that simply redrawing it once Dr Lee is done helping the injured should not be a great problem?"
He asked.
"Granted the boy looked pale when he came from the hospital but then again he always look pale. Send the vials down and we will see if it will help with the ward."

Nicole continued to watch the events unfold, her impatience clearly growing.

"We should be ready to move out soon, this is better than risking them blowing up half the ship."
Fran commented.
"Do you want your rifle back by the way?"
She offered.

"I know," he said a bit regretfully and got the man to approximate standing.

The Nephandus gave you a pained look.
"A...and what now? We try to run...until you bastards decide to hunt us down?"
He asked and groaned he had a real problem standing. The other two where doing a little bit better since they where not in pain, just scared and horrified.

"Yes sir," he said with a nod, and did just that, adding the information that he wanted to send to the teams to the text to Narim and minding names whenever possible.

You sent the message and got a reply back from Narim that simply said.
"I have sent the message to all relevant parties, take care and be safe."

At this point your Mentor got a phone call and he started talking with Colin apperantly about Kyle's blood and you could see the old mage frowning and asking if Dr Lee's check up of the young widderslainte's health could wait and his blood could be used to bypas the wards.

(OOC: Mr Lenoe would find Kyle delicious, young mage nom nom.)

(OOC: Agreed character sheets and all other important information, we have most of the IC threads thanks to Strife but the rest is not copied. I hope the problem will sort itself out.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 pm

Anja's Post:

'Not 'till they're done.' Nicole replied, nodding towards the Fallen.

[Nicole looks better when she's got all her bars/studs in and is in a wifebeater to show off her non-flabby body covered with ink. A Bit Like This *smirks*]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:57 pm

'Not 'till they're done.' Nicole replied, nodding towards the Fallen.

Fran nodded and heald onto the weapon.
"They should be done soon, poor guys, I know they are Nephandi but damn that look like it hurt, at least it will serve it's purpose it will not be easy for them to turn around and attack us from behind once we let them go."
The Euthanathos said and shook her head.

(OOC: Well I guess it would depend if she glared at them or not if the girls Serge are watching would run away from her or not.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 pm

"These spirits, they sound really useful Sir, are they your servants?"
The young Nephandus asked and he nodded in aknowledgement of their abilities.
Colin shook his head, "Friends of a friend of a friend. They look sort of like adorable spider plushies."

"Well I am not Fallen so my blood probably will not work and for Brandon I would like to avoid going at the child with a knife."
The Handler said and Brandon frowned.
"Yeah being stabbed by daggers, well and anything else really is not my favorite I get quite enough of that sparring with my Mentor."
He said then he looked down sadly.
"Which I suppose I will never do again."
He smiled wryly, "I'm sure you'll find someone else to stab you during training, if you ask nicely."

"First of all congratulations on developing more magickally."
Dalisse said and smiled then she looked at the vials.
"Hum...I remember him, red haired teenager right, I did not meet him but saw him in the hallways, sweet kid I am glad he is safe then, the Traditions are not going to harm him?"
He nodded, "He's getting an excellent lawyer, and has a solid case by recently reinforced precedent. He might see a little distrust for a while, but he's a good kid."

"That is good news then Mr Wainwright, we are going with the idea that it is the magickal residue in their blood the ward reads? How did you get this blood we are running out of Fallen here, had I known about this issue before I made the deal with the trio I am handeling here then I would have added some of their blood to the price of letting them go, but cutting them now would be going back on my word."
Jeffry said.
"And Larson are...well per the definition until her Avatar return she is not a Fallen mage either."
He nodded, "The Handler and I came to the same conclusion here... I just gained a bit more understanding of spatial relations. Looks like I will be getting several new rankings in the immediate future, for the sake of recordkeeping."

"You have learned to fetch things from other places then, well insight can come suddenly."
Jeffry said and you could allmost hear him frown.
"Dr Lee said he wanted to give the boy a checkup since Jhor can damage organs and other parts of the body and he had noticed some outwards signs of it, and he also wanted to check that the Serum did not have any other adverse effects, none of these things sounds urgent so waiting one more day for the samples should not matter much and if the blood can be useful during the battle it will have to take precedence. I have to admit I do not know much about modern medicine but the amount of blood taken from my apprentice should not be so great that simply redrawing it once Dr Lee is done helping the injured should not be a great problem?"
He asked.
"Granted the boy looked pale when he came from the hospital but then again he always look pale. Send the vials down and we will see if it will help with the ward."
He frowned, "The problem with the blood draw from him was never the quantity, but the quality of his veins. If the catheter is still in place, though, it should probably be easy to persuade him. If it's been removed already... he might be a little more reluctant. Now, you might want to double-check with the Verbena about the merits of ingesting blood to mask your Resonance, but I believe it should work - though there might be a second component to what the Fallen used to bring new... members into the fold."
He sighed, "No matter - I will send the vials down immediately; give me a few moments to work it out. I will deliver them to my Cabalmate; our connection is a little stronger."

After hanging up, he fished out his pen and notepad, and quickly drew up a magic circle, shading the inside to resemble a hole or tunnel through the page, and a small mark to signify Adley's person at the center, or other end of the tunnel. Then, once the portal was open, he placed the vials carefully down the center...

((OOC: So, Dex+Crafts to draw the circle, 2,3,6,6,7,8 - should be good enough - and three Arete rolls to open the passage down to Adley... 3,4,4 - 2,0,0 - 4,6,0. Should be enough, despite a rough start. Colin's taking the time to make sure he gets it right; not chancing anything with the precious cargo. Razz ))

((OOC2: I just got the current update of Colin's sheet saved. Might have to do it again soon, when I update his Rote list... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:27 pm

The Nephandus gave you a pained look. "A...and what now? We try to run...until you bastards decide to hunt us down?" He asked and groaned he had a real problem standing. The other two where doing a little bit better since they where not in pain, just scared and horrified.

"If you hadn't noticed, we're a bit busy at the moment. Follow the implications in what was discussed," he said, with a glance to the exit. "The reason we're here in the first place is you are all attempting to unmake the Tellurian, you know. Think about that, that's all that we want is a place to exist, most preferably one that isn't hell on earth. And I think you three do as well, if it came down to it. At least part of you still wants to live."

You sent the message and got a reply back from Narim that simply said. "I have sent the message to all relevant parties, take care and be safe." At this point your Mentor got a phone call and he started talking with Colin apperantly about Kyle's blood...

He sighed, wishing he could say a bit more but no, then he put his phone away. As he heard his pater talking on the phone he looked over and frowned. What the heck was going on now...he hoped his brother was alright. It still kept coming around to him - there she was. Larson. Right there. On the ground...tied up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Colin shook his head, "Friends of a friend of a friend. They look sort of like adorable spider plushies."

"That do sound adorable."
Brandon said and smiled.

He smiled wryly, "I'm sure you'll find someone else to stab you during training, if you ask nicely."

That made the young mage grin a little.
"Ah you say such nice things."
He said sounding a bit amused.

He nodded, "He's getting an excellent lawyer, and has a solid case by recently reinforced precedent. He might see a little distrust for a while, but he's a good kid."

"That is good to hear, most widderslainte are not treated kindly by the Traditions, then again larson have not been treating our widderslainte kindly either."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He nodded, "The Handler and I came to the same conclusion here... I just gained a bit more understanding of spatial relations. Looks like I will be getting several new rankings in the immediate future, for the sake of recordkeeping."

"I shall arrange for you being given the opertunity to demostrate your new understanding with witnesses for the records Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said.
"It seams your first spell with your new understanding where quite useful, perhaps a bit...of a problem as well but definitively useful."

He frowned, "The problem with the blood draw from him was never the quantity, but the quality of his veins. If the catheter is still in place, though, it should probably be easy to persuade him. If it's been removed already... he might be a little more reluctant.

"Yes Dr Lee mentioned that he was concerned about the quality of his veins, that he had seen the same issue in Euthanatoi with advanced Jhor and recomended sending him to a vein specialist, would this matter that much in getting blood from him though? Well like I said modern medicine is not my strong point, I do not know if that thing in his foot have been removed or not yet, I know Dr Lee checked on him a little while ago, with all that have happened today, including the arrival of the Aswadim the boy is exhausted...I am sure he can be pursuaded to get new samples taken and if not pursuading him will be your job, it have ended up a bit of your speciality to get others to do what you want."
Jeffry commented.

Now, you might want to double-check with the Verbena about the merits of ingesting blood to mask your Resonance, but I believe it should work - though there might be a second component to what the Fallen used to bring new... members into the fold."

"I will consult with him on the matter, it would seam to make sense to me though. It is not likely to mask your Resonance, just give you a Resonance key if you will in addition at least for a little while."

He sighed, "No matter - I will send the vials down immediately; give me a few moments to work it out. I will deliver them to my Cabalmate; our connection is a little stronger."

"Very well I will let my apprentice know...was there then anything else Mr Wainwright?"
The Chief asked.

After hanging up, he fished out his pen and notepad, and quickly drew up a magic circle, shading the inside to resemble a hole or tunnel through the page, and a small mark to signify Adley's person at the center, or other end of the tunnel. Then, once the portal was open, he placed the vials carefully down the center...

You drew a pretty damned good circle on your notepad. At first it seamed like it just would not work your understanding where still a little bit shaky but then things opened up and you rememberd how you had grabbed the vials of Kyle's blood and you carefully rolled them through the portal on placed them before Adley's feet.

(OOC: That works and you get to save one sucsess from the drawing.)

"If you hadn't noticed, we're a bit busy at the moment. Follow the implications in what was discussed," he said, with a glance to the exit. "The reason we're here in the first place is you are all attempting to unmake the Tellurian, you know. Think about that, that's all that we want is a place to exist, most preferably one that isn't hell on earth. And I think you three do as well, if it came down to it. At least part of you still wants to live."

"I am in way to much pain to have this debate with you traditionalist so ehm...sure whatever you say."
Edmund hissed between gritted teeth.
"Let me just say that is is a difference between wanting death and wanting an Entropic Decencion but yeah....I might want a bit more time...fuck..."
He grunted and he breath was rough and uneven.
"So...we just go now?"
He asked and Jeffry nodded.
"If our healer is done with his work of setting their injuries yes let them go."
He confirmed.

He sighed, wishing he could say a bit more but no, then he put his phone away. As he heard his pater talking on the phone he looked over and frowned. What the heck was going on now...he hoped his brother was alright. It still kept coming around to him - there she was. Larson. Right there. On the ground...tied up.

"Mea filius apperantly your Cabalmate will be teleporting five vials of blood to your location, please do not step on them, replacing them will cause your brother some distress and I would not want to waste them."
Jeffry said then he added.
"I will explain as soon as I am done with the telephone call."

And just as the old mage had said, soon five little medical tubes filled with Kyle's blood, you saw his name on the label, his sleeper name actually, rolled out of nowhere and stopped right before your feet.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Seeing it was coming to the time to move out, Nicole silently turned to Fran to get her rifle back.

['Glaring? That's how I normally look at things!' Though depending where/how the girls were brought up, they might find Nicole very strange. I would have. *smirks*]

[I keep backup records of all Nick's stuff on my computer... just in case]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Fran nodded and handed you your weapon.
"I guess we are done here soon then, but we should not get complacent yet."
She muttered and sigh.

(OOC: Well Jane grew up with regular parents who freaked out when she begun using magick and she ended up with a old, conservative Chorister and she is being raised as a little lady. Cava was raised at a Hermetic Chantry as an apprentice, Yu Die where bounced from foster home to foster home and abandoned in a metal instituation after a bad Awakening before her Mentor found her. And Liv was raised by her mage father before she was apprenticed by a Hermetic, all four of them are rather proper, sweet and polite.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:53 pm

That made the young mage grin a little.
"Ah you say such nice things."
He said sounding a bit amused.
Colin chuckled, "Ah, yes, the famous Nephandi appreciation of pain. I'm glad I could cheer you up a little after all."

"That is good to hear, most widderslainte are not treated kindly by the Traditions, then again larson have not been treating our widderslainte kindly either."
Dalisse said and nodded.
He frowned, "No, most are... well, most tend to show off a rather monstrous side, but a few, a glorious few are allowed to thrive, and do good. And no, Larson has not been a good host to the widderslainte of Boston. Or those from Chicago. We recovered Mrs. Cunningham, you know, she's in a terribly bad way... and we don't know how many others were let out alive afterwards..."

"I shall arrange for you being given the opertunity to demostrate your new understanding with witnesses for the records Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said.
"It seams your first spell with your new understanding where quite useful, perhaps a bit...of a problem as well but definitively useful."
He smiled wryly, "Solving one immediate problem by creating a smaller one for the future, I seem to be making a habit of splitting a big fire into many small ones and running around with a tiny bucket of water..."

"Yes Dr Lee mentioned that he was concerned about the quality of his veins, that he had seen the same issue in Euthanatoi with advanced Jhor and recomended sending him to a vein specialist, would this matter that much in getting blood from him though? Well like I said modern medicine is not my strong point, I do not know if that thing in his foot have been removed or not yet, I know Dr Lee checked on him a little while ago, with all that have happened today, including the arrival of the Aswadim the boy is exhausted...I am sure he can be pursuaded to get new samples taken and if not pursuading him will be your job, it have ended up a bit of your speciality to get others to do what you want."
Jeffry commented.
He sighed softly, "The responsibility does not come as a surprise... I'll check with the doctor right away, if that's alright, to update him and get his expert opinion on another draw. And yes, poor blood vessels does make blood drawing a bit more difficult. It could turn into something akin to a needle in a haystack at worst..."

"I will consult with him on the matter, it would seam to make sense to me though. It is not likely to mask your Resonance, just give you a Resonance key if you will in addition at least for a little while."
He nodded, "Precisely my thought... It might be possible to use the Resonance to create a mask around each of the Magi going in, rather than necessitating ingestion. You'd need a brave volunteer to test that, though. The pain is supposedly crippling."

"Very well I will let my apprentice know...was there then anything else Mr Wainwright?"
The Chief asked.
He paused for a moment, "Nothing further comes to mind. I will continue sending text messages to either you or my Cabalmate should additional insights or intel come along, unless I need you to make a decision on something. In the meantime, I will use my discretion until it's time to evacuate. Good luck, Sir, to us all."

You drew a pretty damned good circle on your notepad. At first it seamed like it just would not work your understanding where still a little bit shaky but then things opened up and you rememberd how you had grabbed the vials of Kyle's blood and you carefully rolled them through the portal on placed them before Adley's feet.
He watched the vials roll through the little hole through space, and nodded with a small bit of smug self-satisfaction as he cut the connection again, "As first tries go, I'd say this was quite satisfactory."
He held up the drawing again, "I think I'm going to have to frame this... first time I made a decent three-dimensional drawing."

((OOC: Whee, carryover success! Razz ))

((OOC: Those girls are probably going to be fine. Anna's probably going to wonder if Nicole wasn't scared when she got all those piercings. Needles are dangerous, don'cha know? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Colin chuckled, "Ah, yes, the famous Nephandi appreciation of pain. I'm glad I could cheer you up a little after all."

Brandon grinned a little.
"Well perhaps though I did my best to avoid my Mentor's blade, it is just she always won though I was getting better...I...I am going to miss her."
He muttered softly.

He frowned, "No, most are... well, most tend to show off a rather monstrous side, but a few, a glorious few are allowed to thrive, and do good. And no, Larson has not been a good host to the widderslainte of Boston. Or those from Chicago. We recovered Mrs. Cunningham, you know, she's in a terribly bad way... and we don't know how many others were let out alive afterwards..."

"Yeah I heard about what happened, most of the Labyrinth where against it but...it was the payment the Italians demanded I heard, the widderslaintes they wanted the widderslaintes in exhange for working for Lady Larson."
"I...do not know how many where left alive. Ehm what will happen to Miss Cunningham now...that she is a prisoner of the Traditions? Have...ehm have she been? By the Italians I mean?"
He asked nervously.

He smiled wryly, "Solving one immediate problem by creating a smaller one for the future, I seem to be making a habit of splitting a big fire into many small ones and running around with a tiny bucket of water..."

"Yes this do seam to be becoming a habit for you Mr Wainwright however right now, if we can get the big fire under control, we can deal with the little ones as time allows."
Jeffry said wryly.
"Though I would appriciate if you stopped making little fires my good man, I have only so many hairs on my head you can turn gray."

He sighed softly, "The responsibility does not come as a surprise... I'll check with the doctor right away, if that's alright, to update him and get his expert opinion on another draw. And yes, poor blood vessels does make blood drawing a bit more difficult. It could turn into something akin to a needle in a haystack at worst..."

"Yes do speak with Dr Lee as soon as possible and tell him about the current situation and ask him how easy it would be to get another sample from my apprentice, I would not want to boy hurt or distressed, he will have enough of that waiting for him with his trial, but at the same time Jhor can kill a mage, I want to know how he is doing. Hum the good doctor also reccomended to boy be taught Life, the side effects of that Sphere is perfect health which is why, or so he says, that your young Cabalmate is as healthy as she is despite what she is. Well ask Dr Lee's advice and inform me of what he says and I will decide how much pressure should be put on the boy to do this if he is reluctent."

He nodded, "Precisely my thought... It might be possible to use the Resonance to create a mask around each of the Magi going in, rather than necessitating ingestion. You'd need a brave volunteer to test that, though. The pain is supposedly crippling."

"I would do it myself Mr Wainwright I send no one in to take a risk I am not willing to take myself, but you are right, that might be possible though often with wards it is easier to just keep it simple."
Jeffry said plainly.

He paused for a moment, "Nothing further comes to mind. I will continue sending text messages to either you or my Cabalmate should additional insights or intel come along, unless I need you to make a decision on something. In the meantime, I will use my discretion until it's time to evacuate. Good luck, Sir, to us all."

"Very good, keep me updated and yes good luck to all of us. Goodbye for now Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said firmly and hung up on the conversation.

He watched the vials roll through the little hole through space, and nodded with a small bit of smug self-satisfaction as he cut the connection again, "As first tries go, I'd say this was quite satisfactory."
He held up the drawing again, "I think I'm going to have to frame this... first time I made a decent three-dimensional drawing."

"The drawing is quite pleasing."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"Yeah well if it was your first teleportation of something that was pretty good."
Brandon said and nodded, he sounded impressed.

(OOC: Yes she is going to wonder about that, especially the eyebrow one is going to worry her allot not to mention all of those tattoos, she is going to be quite convinced that Nicole is a little bit crazy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Brandon grinned a little.
"Well perhaps though I did my best to avoid my Mentor's blade, it is just she always won though I was getting better...I...I am going to miss her."
He muttered softly.
Colin nodded, "Likely, you always will, in a small corner of your heart and mind. Just make sure that when you remember her, you remember her fondly, all the good times..."

"Yeah I heard about what happened, most of the Labyrinth where against it but...it was the payment the Italians demanded I heard, the widderslaintes they wanted the widderslaintes in exhange for working for Lady Larson."
"I...do not know how many where left alive. Ehm what will happen to Miss Cunningham now...that she is a prisoner of the Traditions? Have...ehm have she been? By the Italians I mean?"
He asked nervously.
He nodded slowly, "She was found by the police after the Italians... well... she was wandering the back alleys like a madwoman... and put in a mental hospital of shoddy repute. She will give her sworn testimony, a signed affidavit... and then she will be offered a peaceful, painless end. It is all we can give her now. Once a proud, powerful enemy, brought low by betrayal in her own ranks. It is disgraceful, for everyone involved."

"Yes this do seam to be becoming a habit for you Mr Wainwright however right now, if we can get the big fire under control, we can deal with the little ones as time allows."
Jeffry said wryly.
"Though I would appriciate if you stopped making little fires my good man, I have only so many hairs on my head you can turn gray."
He grinned wryly, "It's all about splitting a task up into manageable pieces, Sir. If it helps, I will be getting you hair dye for Christmas. The good stuff, that won't wash out easily. Then again, they do say that a bit of silver in a full mane makes a man more attractive, so perhaps I am doing you an accidental favour in that regard."

"Yes do speak with Dr Lee as soon as possible and tell him about the current situation and ask him how easy it would be to get another sample from my apprentice, I would not want to boy hurt or distressed, he will have enough of that waiting for him with his trial, but at the same time Jhor can kill a mage, I want to know how he is doing. Hum the good doctor also reccomended to boy be taught Life, the side effects of that Sphere is perfect health which is why, or so he says, that your young Cabalmate is as healthy as she is despite what she is. Well ask Dr Lee's advice and inform me of what he says and I will decide how much pressure should be put on the boy to do this if he is reluctent."
He nodded, "Will do, Sir."

"I would do it myself Mr Wainwright I send no one in to take a risk I am not willing to take myself, but you are right, that might be possible though often with wards it is easier to just keep it simple."
Jeffry said plainly.
He grimaced, "Very true. I would have preferred to have the means to tear down the ward like I did the Aegis in Chicago, but I'm afraid I simply don't have the obscene amount of corrupt Tass needed for the job this time around."

"The drawing is quite pleasing."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"Yeah well if it was your first teleportation of something that was pretty good."
Brandon said and nodded, he sounded impressed.
He smiled wryly, "Technically, the second teleportation; the first was fishing those vials out of an envelope in a hospital - though that was not entirely conscious or intentional. But yes, I think I can consider this a good omen."
He sighed and called Richard, "And now I am going to get myself yelled at by a physician for displacing those blood tests..."

((OOC: Just a little bit crazy. Hum, i wonder what Morgan would say if he unpacked a flask of hair dye in Nicole's color of choice on Christmas Morning, courtesy of one rascally Mage who spends Christmas with his apprentice in France? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Anja's Post:

'Relax when I've got a beer in my hand, I will.' she quipped, getting ready for them to continue.

[Refuse to believe a kid bounced around the Care system would be sweet and polite *smirks*]

[Think the tongue bar would worry the kid more. The fact she's an adult woman who does not act like either might win, though.]

[That'll be Tyrian Purple. But you can't buy that one...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Colin nodded, "Likely, you always will, in a small corner of your heart and mind. Just make sure that when you remember her, you remember her fondly, all the good times..."

"I...will remember her, she could be grusome and to our enemies she never showed mercy but she was always kind to me."
Brandon said and he nodded sadly.

He nodded slowly, "She was found by the police after the Italians... well... she was wandering the back alleys like a madwoman... and put in a mental hospital of shoddy repute. She will give her sworn testimony, a signed affidavit... and then she will be offered a peaceful, painless end. It is all we can give her now. Once a proud, powerful enemy, brought low by betrayal in her own ranks. It is disgraceful, for everyone involved."

"I guess there is nothing more than can be done for her...if I where in her shoes I would want a...merciful death as well...poor woman."
Brandon said and he shuddered.
"I do not understand why the Italians wanted those widderslaintes though...why widderslaintes?"
He asked looking somewhat confused.
"And no what where done to Miss Cunningham and the others just is not right, it is not right."

He grinned wryly, "It's all about splitting a task up into manageable pieces, Sir. If it helps, I will be getting you hair dye for Christmas. The good stuff, that won't wash out easily. Then again, they do say that a bit of silver in a full mane makes a man more attractive, so perhaps I am doing you an accidental favour in that regard."

"Yes well being attractive is not my goal Mr Wainwright and you better save that hair dye for your Cabalmate for while a man may age might get away with a bit of gray it might be more of a problem for my young student."
Jeffry said wryly.
"Well as long as the task is done Mr Wainwright but try not to burn the house down with all of those small fires of yours."

He nodded, "Will do, Sir."

"Very good, please keep me updated on that then."
Jeffry said.

He grimaced, "Very true. I would have preferred to have the means to tear down the ward like I did the Aegis in Chicago, but I'm afraid I simply don't have the obscene amount of corrupt Tass needed for the job this time around."

"Yes well now at least we have a good idea though of how to get through the ward, though it mean we might very well have to take a sip of the blood you sent as unplesant as that is, at least our healers can check for any diseases afterwards not that I think the boy have any of those, it never hurts to make sure."
The old war mage commented.
"Though some sort of...effect woven with the blood might be enough, I will have to have a look at the ward in question to be sure."

He smiled wryly, "Technically, the second teleportation; the first was fishing those vials out of an envelope in a hospital - though that was not entirely conscious or intentional. But yes, I think I can consider this a good omen."

"Well in either case, it is impressive Colin."
Brandon said and nodded.
"And very smoothly done."

He sighed and called Richard, "And now I am going to get myself yelled at by a physician for displacing those blood tests..."

Richard replied you heard the sound of Ard Woodhouse crying in the background and a man was moaning in pain.
"Ehem yes...Colin is that you? What can I do for you?"
Richard asked then he told someone else there.
"Yes as I showed you, bandage his wounds but gently do not hurt him...hum...yes you can try to offer a sedative..."
The he turned his attention back to you.
"Are there news from the battle?"
He asked, are anyone else hurt?"

'Relax when I've got a beer in my hand, I will.' she quipped, getting ready for them to continue.

"Yeah I am not sure I will relax then either."
Fran commented and Theodora smiled a little.
"Well at least the drink will be on me."
She said.
"I so need to get drunk after this."

(OOC: Anna have grown up in a place where pepole have esxtra eyes and tentacles growing out of their ass so jewlery in the tounge is not the biggest problem, it is using a needle to get it there that is and the closer to the eyes such a thing have been the worse, then again she can always assume Nicole used a spirit with sharp claws to get her piercing like she herself did.)

(OOC: No but a year or two with a formal, well respected Akasic Mentor have a tendency to pick bad habits of apprentices.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30PM]
"I...will remember her, she could be grusome and to our enemies she never showed mercy but she was always kind to me."
Brandon said and he nodded sadly.
Colin smiled thinly, "In a way, I envy you, just a bit... I never had a Mentor. Nearly all I've learned of magic has been from books, a significant portion thereof being fantasy novels. It does make for some increased flexibility, but there's always a little something missing."

"I guess there is nothing more than can be done for her...if I where in her shoes I would want a...merciful death as well...poor woman."
Brandon said and he shuddered.
"I do not understand why the Italians wanted those widderslaintes though...why widderslaintes?"
He asked looking somewhat confused.
"And no what where done to Miss Cunningham and the others just is not right, it is not right."
He frowned, "I have a theory... well, a hypothesis about that. It would fit the facts well... years ago, the Italians' Mentor was allegedly gilgulled by the Fallen for not going willingly into the Caul. The Italians were the first on the scene in the failed rescue, and they gave their Mentor peace... However, it is possible, perhaps even probable that their Mentor had emerged from the Caul when they found him... and they are now desperate to keep their crime a secret, in case he reincarnates and remembers who he was..."

"Yes well being attractive is not my goal Mr Wainwright and you better save that hair dye for your Cabalmate for while a man may age might get away with a bit of gray it might be more of a problem for my young student."
Jeffry said wryly.
"Well as long as the task is done Mr Wainwright but try not to burn the house down with all of those small fires of yours."
He grinned, "Very true; fortunately, I believe I know where I can get his shade in bulk. In any case, the top priorities first, then dealing with the fallout in short order."

"Yes well now at least we have a good idea though of how to get through the ward, though it mean we might very well have to take a sip of the blood you sent as unplesant as that is, at least our healers can check for any diseases afterwards not that I think the boy have any of those, it never hurts to make sure."
The old war mage commented.
"Though some sort of...effect woven with the blood might be enough, I will have to have a look at the ward in question to be sure."
He nodded, "Yes, Sir. I do believe if he had any serious illnesses, the doctor would have noticed some telltale symptoms; I have faith in his skills and senses. I believe there are some other... digestive issues to be concerned with, but the Verbena should know all about those."

"Well in either case, it is impressive Colin."
Brandon said and nodded.
"And very smoothly done."
He nodded, "Thank you. I'm sure you'll work out comparable knacks in the fullness of time."

Richard replied you heard the sound of Ard Woodhouse crying in the background and a man was moaning in pain.
"Ehem yes...Colin is that you? What can I do for you?"
Richard asked then he told someone else there.
"Yes as I showed you, bandage his wounds but gently do not hurt him...hum...yes you can try to offer a sedative..."
The he turned his attention back to you.
"Are there news from the battle?"
He asked, are anyone else hurt?"
He sighed, "There've been bad casualties already, haven't there? Er, sorry, that was not why I called. I need to inform you that owing to an unexpected magical advancement, I seem to have relocated a certain set of blood samples taken today to the strike teams. The vials will likely be used to bypass a ward, so... we're going to have to get a new set of blood tests. If the catheter hasn't been removed yet, that's going to make it easier, I suppose, but... I just needed to apprise you of the situation."
He frowned, "On the bright side, I know of no other casualties as of now - the last defenders of the Labyrinth are defeated, but there will be something to the tune of ten prisoners coming home with us, in various states of health, mostly poor condition."

((OOC: Speaking of, Colin's probably going to have to get Engrave to help with a few new ear piercings, for himself and Anna, and perhaps Freddie... an earring for each, made from the same piece of silver should make for a quite potent sympathetic link, wouldn't you say?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 am

Colin smiled thinly, "In a way, I envy you, just a bit... I never had a Mentor. Nearly all I've learned of magic has been from books, a significant portion thereof being fantasy novels. It does make for some increased flexibility, but there's always a little something missing."

"Having a Mentor is great, well when she do not decide to punish you by having your best friend who is a pawn impaled up the rear by a spit and slowly cook him when you do poorly with your training but other than that it is great."
Brandon said and nodded seaming to think this was common motivation methods for training students with with the Nephandi, perhaps it was.

He frowned, "I have a theory... well, a hypothesis about that. It would fit the facts well... years ago, the Italians' Mentor was allegedly gilgulled by the Fallen for not going willingly into the Caul. The Italians were the first on the scene in the failed rescue, and they gave their Mentor peace... However, it is possible, perhaps even probable that their Mentor had emerged from the Caul when they found him... and they are now desperate to keep their crime a secret, in case he reincarnates and remembers who he was..."

"That is awful, just awful...is there any records among the Traditions of this taking place?"
Brandon asked.

He grinned, "Very true; fortunately, I believe I know where I can get his shade in bulk. In any case, the top priorities first, then dealing with the fallout in short order."

"Yes indeed, we need to finish dealing with the Labyrinth and then clean up after this whole unfortunate event."
Jeffry said over the phone.

He nodded, "Yes, Sir. I do believe if he had any serious illnesses, the doctor would have noticed some telltale symptoms; I have faith in his skills and senses. I believe there are some other... digestive issues to be concerned with, but the Verbena should know all about those."

"Very well, as long as any health concerns are not urgent, using force is uneccesary, that seam to be something the boy have been the victim of far to often and I would rather noat have to be one more person who do that and risk scaring him more, if there is nothing urgen we can handle things in due time when he is rested and ok with it."
The old Hermetic said sounding relieved.

He nodded, "Thank you. I'm sure you'll work out comparable knacks in the fullness of time."

"I hope so, I would like to get good at magick."
Brandon said and grinned.

He sighed, "There've been bad casualties already, haven't there?

"There have...been several injured and a few fatalities...none are dead from our Chantry so far but some are badly injured."
Richard said sadly.

Er, sorry, that was not why I called. I need to inform you that owing to an unexpected magical advancement, I seem to have relocated a certain set of blood samples taken today to the strike teams. The vials will likely be used to bypass a ward, so... we're going to have to get a new set of blood tests. If the catheter hasn't been removed yet, that's going to make it easier, I suppose, but... I just needed to apprise you of the situation."

"Dammit!"
Richard said and sigh.
"No it is out, the kid is asleep, we had to put him under when all the Fallen started going nuts, young Mr Yager sent him to sleep but when checking on him it was clear his foot was bothering him, with all the attemnts it was sore and swollen and I wanted to get the cateter out so I could heal the whole thing, to help him sleep better, he needs the rest, the kid is terrified."
The Akashic said.
"I wanted to find out if any of his organs are having issues due to Jhor or if there are any other bodily manifestation, many Euthanathos die from complications due to Jhor after all...I guess we have to re draw those tests but it is not easy on him, I am not likely to hit the first time...we are going to have to wait until he have calmed down, the kid are nervous around doctors and needles but not to the point where he do not cooperate when something have to be done, if he is presured to much though he might get to that point, give him a week or two then raise the question gently, with his spine, something that really hurt him, I do not want to push him right now."
Richard said and sigh.
"That reminds me I want to examine that apprentice of yours to see if she have the same issues as Kyle, I have examined a few of the prisoners and most of them have the same thin, withdrawn veins and pallid, for their origin, skin, that is a sign of Jhor...if the girl is Fallen she might be as hard to find a vein on as Kyle and then I need to know where I might have the best luck if her heart ever stops and I have to act qickly."
He said.
"Well I have to get back to my patients, do not worry about those vials, with Kyle I think that if we give him some time to calm down after...what happened to day and make sure he knows that whatever happens is his choice then he will consent to have new tests taken eventually and a few weeks give or take should not matter Jhor kills but is is slow and we can see what more mysical arts can find out about his health first in either case. That will likely be more comfortable for him."

He frowned, "On the bright side, I know of no other casualties as of now - the last defenders of the Labyrinth are defeated, but there will be something to the tune of ten prisoners coming home with us, in various states of health, mostly poor condition."

"More patients...ok I will ask someone to bring up more mattrasses, we have made the attic into a make shift infirmary, I will make sure we are ready to do what can be done for them."
Richard promised.
"It is good news that this nightmare is nearing an end though."

(OOC: That would work.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:19 am

(OOC: So sorry. I didn't see that you replied to the ring post)

"That ring you are wearing it symbolize your membership in your Tradition do it not Sir? I have heard that Cultist Mentors give a lily ring to their students when they initiate them."
Yu Die said and pointed at your silver ring.
"Giving your Mentor a bracelet though, that is a nice gesture, perhaps I should make a gift for my Mentor as well."
She said and smiled.

"Yeah." Serge said looking at the ring on his finger, a smile appearing on his face as if remembering something pleasant.

"It's a day you never forget. And the ring make sure of that." he said softly. Then with a grin he changed the tone in his voice and said, "I also think that it makes me look like a cool wizard. With magickal enchanted rings and such. I've been trying to use it as a focus for some of my magick."

Glancing back at the young Akashic, Serge said, "Making gifts for people is never a bad thing. What sorts of things do you think your mentor would like?"

"Hum...my cosplay costumes, I have made a Han period princess outfit, that took some time, and Yuna's outfit from Final Fantasy 10 including her staff that also took a real long time to complete."
She replied and smiled.

"Been a while since I played that game." Serge said as he tilted his head, trying to remember the character. "Didn't she have a bunch of staffs? Which one did you make? That weird one with the 3 petals?"

"No...I do not think she would like that Sir, she would be happy I have made her something and she would wear it to show she is happy but she usually like real classy things and not pink plastic things...I will make her a keychain insead."
Jane said suprisingly insightful for her age and she begun to string beads together.

"That sounds like a good idea." Serge said approvingly. "How are you going to make it classy though? Give it a little top hat and tuxedo? he joked  chuckling at the mental  image of a posh keychain with a monocle.  

(OOC: Sorry for the minor absence. I was out all day and didn't get a chance to post.)

(OOC2: I just noticed, Colin rolls the same amount of dice that Serge does when drawing. If Serge ever learns that Colin can draw you can expect to be challenged to a drawing contest Razz)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:21 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 2:30 PM]
"Having a Mentor is great, well when she do not decide to punish you by having your best friend who is a pawn impaled up the rear by a spit and slowly cook him when you do poorly with your training but other than that it is great."
Brandon said and nodded seaming to think this was common motivation methods for training students with with the Nephandi, perhaps it was.
Colin shrugged, "Ah, I think you might have found, had you joined us instead, that the Traditions have something of a different idea of... suitable disciplinary methods."

"That is awful, just awful...is there any records among the Traditions of this taking place?"
Brandon asked.
He shrugged, "I believe only the Italians' version exists - and they've not precisely been advertising their little side business of widderslainte hunting."

"Very well, as long as any health concerns are not urgent, using force is uneccesary, that seam to be something the boy have been the victim of far to often and I would rather noat have to be one more person who do that and risk scaring him more, if there is nothing urgen we can handle things in due time when he is rested and ok with it."
The old Hermetic said sounding relieved.
He nodded, "I would recommend leaving the timing up to the doctor's discretion in this case - and let him rest for now. The boy's had a rough week. We all have..."

"There have...been several injured and a few fatalities...none are dead from our Chantry so far but some are badly injured."
Richard said sadly.
He frowned, "Small blessings, I suppose... Still, it seems that future me's meddling has helped soften the blow a little... I know we got Jace with far fewer casualties than in the original timeline, for example."

"Dammit!"
Richard said and sigh.
"No it is out, the kid is asleep, we had to put him under when all the Fallen started going nuts, young Mr Yager sent him to sleep but when checking on him it was clear his foot was bothering him, with all the attemnts it was sore and swollen and I wanted to get the cateter out so I could heal the whole thing, to help him sleep better, he needs the rest, the kid is terrified."
The Akashic said.
"I wanted to find out if any of his organs are having issues due to Jhor or if there are any other bodily manifestation, many Euthanathos die from complications due to Jhor after all...I guess we have to re draw those tests but it is not easy on him, I am not likely to hit the first time...we are going to have to wait until he have calmed down, the kid are nervous around doctors and needles but not to the point where he do not cooperate when something have to be done, if he is presured to much though he might get to that point, give him a week or two then raise the question gently, with his spine, something that really hurt him, I do not want to push him right now."
Richard said and sigh.
He nodded, "I expected as much... I will leave it up to your discretion when you wish to get another sample - I trust you'll let him get the time he needs to calm down and rest up after this week. Also, I know a skilled Verbena who uses crystals for both diagnosis and treatment - she might be able to help assess his health."

"That reminds me I want to examine that apprentice of yours to see if she have the same issues as Kyle, I have examined a few of the prisoners and most of them have the same thin, withdrawn veins and pallid, for their origin, skin, that is a sign of Jhor...if the girl is Fallen she might be as hard to find a vein on as Kyle and then I need to know where I might have the best luck if her heart ever stops and I have to act qickly."
He said.
His voice went flat and hard, "You may look, but no needles. She does look far healthier, but if you come near her with a needle, she will kick your nose in, and I won't stop her. She already flatlined earlier today, when an ill-informed nurse tried to give her a shot; I won't have you risk another episode while she is still poorly."
He paused for a moment, voice softening slightly, "A blade, like a scalpel, may be acceptable as a testing tool, but if she so much as sees a needle in the same room, I will hold you personally responsible for the consequences. In time, she will be able to overcome her phobia, but there will be no simple quick fix."

"Well I have to get back to my patients, do not worry about those vials, with Kyle I think that if we give him some time to calm down after...what happened to day and make sure he knows that whatever happens is his choice then he will consent to have new tests taken eventually and a few weeks give or take should not matter Jhor kills but is is slow and we can see what more mysical arts can find out about his health first in either case. That will likely be more comfortable for him."
He nodded, "Quite. At the very least, you know what's happened when those vials fail to show up at the laboratory."

"More patients...ok I will ask someone to bring up more mattrasses, we have made the attic into a make shift infirmary, I will make sure we are ready to do what can be done for them."
Richard promised.
"It is good news that this nightmare is nearing an end though."
He sighed, "Yes, this nightmare... So we can proceed to battle the next one. I have seen the future, and I'll have a lot of work to do... we all do... Perhaps the best we can do is minimize all the suffering we can on the way."

((OOC: Depends on the drawing contest's subject matter. Drawing a person in the room or geometric shapes, Colin's got a fighting chance. Draw a unicorn with an anthropomorphic fox knight on its back, Colin's chanceless. Wink ))

((OOC2: Speaking of - I added that Correspondence Parlor trick we've discussed; this seemed the right timing for it with the new dot active. Does the phrasing meet with your approval, Oh Mighty Storyteller? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:33 am

"I am in way to much pain to have this debate with you traditionalist so ehm...sure whatever you say." Edmund hissed between gritted teeth. "Let me just say that is is a difference between wanting death and wanting an Entropic Decencion but yeah....I might want a bit more time...fuck..." He grunted and he breath was rough and uneven.

"Fair enough," he said at the first part. Then as he spoke again, he said, "That's what everyone says,they want more time....but you are in pain, not easy to think at such times." He didn't press the matter.

"So...we just go now?" He asked and Jeffry nodded. "If our healer is done with his work of setting their injuries yes let them go." He confirmed.

He nodded to his pater and stood back from the trio so they could get themselves together to leave.

"Mea filius apperantly your Cabalmate will be teleporting five vials of blood to your location, please do not step on them, replacing them will cause your brother some distress and I would not want to waste them." Jeffry said then he added. "I will explain as soon as I am done with the telephone call." And just as the old mage had said, soon five little medical tubes filled with Kyle's blood, you saw his name on the label, his sleeper name actually, rolled out of nowhere and stopped right before your feet.

He didn't get a chance to vocalize his confusion but it was clear on his face. He stood still and then there were little tubes, as if they had come rolling out of nothing - not like the way Narim did his portals, he didn't think...he scooped them up carefully. A second wave of surprise hit him when he saw the name on them - his brothers given name and connected it to what his pater had just said. What the hell?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:41 am

'So, the lab and then back to base, then? No more tours around the ship or anything?' Nicole replied looking at the armoury's door with a curious look on her face, not noticing the vials appearing out of thin air.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next