Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

5 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  Empty The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:34 pm

(OOC:Colin is in the node Villa talking with a piece of his soul. Nicole is on her way up from the basement to take care of things. Adley are aranging for transport to the attack on the Labyrinth. Serge are headed for Kyle's room and Tane is at the marshes getting involved with defending the Verbena Life Tree witht he shapechangers.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Adley Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:24 pm

[Common Room 1]

It would be me who would be rude if I was to expect a gift for my servant, please ignore him, Mr Cromwell is harmless but he begs for food like a spoiled pet."
The vampire said politely.
"I do apologize if his behavior have caused any insult or inconvenisence."
He continued with a small bow.

"Not at all, sir."

"I will make sure to say the same to any team I am assigned to my good man and like I said I will endure being touched if I have to, though I would prefer if it is not. I will also tell them how I can best utilize my powers, though as I understand it my role is as a guide not as a warrior and as long as I am under ground I will know my way."
Mr Amelie said with a nod.

"Very well, then." He considered the matter concluded for the time being and then looked at who was going to spearhead the operation, and, if Amenti could not be placed with them, to a team adjacent. His own being possibly at the tail, from previous discussions, with Anna, would be a less optimal fit, if the groups were separated enough not to be able to pass information easily. He went back to the other elders to discuss the new addition.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49  Empty Re: The Living Walls, Betrayal and the Even Sadder Chronomancer IC Thread 49

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:42 pm

[Common Room 1]

"Good then all is well then my good man."
Mr Amelie said with a measured smile.

Most likely Jeffry would lead the operation, but he was not here, he was waiting at the villa, there was no leader chosen for just driving there, the plan was just to put folks in cars and go but you could choose to suggjest that some more order to the car pooling if you want.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 pm

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little shrug to this, pulled out her apparently ubiquitous Leatherman, retrieved the blade, sliced a few hairs from the nape of her neck and proffered them in her palm.

[Steelhaven, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

Unless stopped by anyone, she'll start heading up to Steelhaven's room, to retrieve her arm...

[I wonder; would an object once owned by a shapeshifter have more Resonance?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 pm

[Amadeus's rooms, 1 15 am]

Anja wrote:"We should be fine I think what do you say Thomas."
Bianca said as she slowly returned to the chair at The Void Enginner's bedside.
"Yeah I am fine just go and do the things you are supposed to be doing man."
The prisoner said with a nod.
"Yes all should be fine enough for them to manage on their own Mr Yager."
Richard replied.

"Then I shall wander away. See ya everybody." Serge said with a nod before heading back to Kyle's room, trying to get his sense of time back as he walked. While it had only been around an hour since he last left the two young mages, to him it felt like a whole new day thanks to his time in the time bubble.

(OOC: I wouldn't mind hanging out with Nicole. Though it'll be hard to justify and I think we're quite far apart right now.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:09 am

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"You was rejected from the Caul, however only those who are Fallen can make the right choice about the state of the world."
The Shard anounced stubbornly.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "What you call the 'right choice' is one essentially determined by an outsider with a vested interest in the cessation of Existence. That's rather like saying only drug addicts can make the right choice about drug use, because the neighbourhood pusher told them so."

Anja wrote:"Yes, he must be ended, but it might nto be easy to do so."
The former Cultist agreed with a nod.
He shrugged, "No, it probably won't be - but easy doesn't enter into it, it is simply necessary."

Anja wrote:"There are many different types of power, personal power growth are seldom as damaging as the political power held eternally by the Nine Primi, the power over others."
The Shard said.
"And that sort of personal power will always be sought."
He nodded, "And so it falls to us all to be vigilant, and to stop those who seek such power as an end to itself..."

((OOC: Turning to the drug abuse simile with the guy whose Tradition became the responsible recreational users. Ought to have an impact, at least...))

((OOC2: Also, pizza makes for messed-up dreams. Red wine, it seems, makes for messed-up dreams. In hindsight, pizza and red wine for dinner was not a particularly smart decision. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:59 am

[Villa 1 30]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "What you call the 'right choice' is one essentially determined by an outsider with a vested interest in the cessation of Existence. That's rather like saying only drug addicts can make the right choice about drug use, because the neighbourhood pusher told them so."

"That is an extremely narrow idea of Falling from someone who's majority of his soul is not Fallen so he do not know."
The Shard repeated.
"The Outsider Things are nto the ones that makes you Fall, they are on the side of the Fallen but they are not the ones who drive the process, no one is responsible for Falling, not one thing."

He shrugged, "No, it probably won't be - but easy doesn't enter into it, it is simply necessary."

"I guess at times what have to be done is nto always what is the easiest to do, and at times it do not matter how easy something is, there is things that have to be done for the alternative is not acceptable."
The Shard muttered.

He nodded, "And so it falls to us all to be vigilant, and to stop those who seek such power as an end to itself..."

"Maybe so, but are we storng enough to stop them?"
The bit of soul asked sounding doubtful.

[Amadeus's rooms, 1 15 am]

"Then I shall wander away. See ya everybody." Serge said with a nod before heading back to Kyle's room, trying to get his sense of time back as he walked. While it had only been around an hour since he last left the two young mages, to him it felt like a whole new day thanks to his time in the time bubble.

"Have a good night."
Thomas said and Bianca waved. Richard to left at the same time as you did he waved as well and headed back to the infirmary. You got back to Kyle's room when the time had turned about 1 30 and Stephen opened the door, the young mage looking a bit tired.
"Come in Sir."
He whispered and he poitned to where Kyle was on the sofa, finally sleeping after a long day, and with how scared the kid was and with all he had gone through he needed the rest.

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

Nicole gave a little shrug to this, pulled out her apparently ubiquitous Leatherman, retrieved the blade, sliced a few hairs from the nape of her neck and proffered them in her palm.

George accepted the hairs with a smile then he assured you.
"I will see to it that these are burned when I am done with them so that no one can use them against you Miss Bouchard, thank you this might help considerably."

[Steelhaven, 12.45]

Unless stopped by anyone, she'll start heading up to Steelhaven's room, to retrieve her arm...

You got up to George's chambers, the door was not locked, you found your arm where you had left it. You met Richard along the way he was heading up to the infirmary but unless you stopped to talk with the tired doctor all he gave you was a friendly nod of his head before he continued back up the stairs to help he wounded.

(OOC: Not as such but you might be able to feel the Resonance of the shapechanger in the item, which would depending on what kind, but mostly very Dynamic on the items.)

(OOC 2: Well at times good food is okey even when it is not a wise idea.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:41 am

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

'Um... okay.' the Etherite replied, giving a look that she was a touch unclear whether it was important or not. 'Is there anything else...?'

[Well, Nick believes the lighter belonged to her Ratkin grandfather and it's of WW2 vintage...]

[Doing a quick review, Serge appears to have never actually left the Ritual Room - he just appeared elsewhere. Therefore, it's possible for him to leave with Nick on the way to Nassa's apartment.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:26 am

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

Um... okay.' the Etherite replied, giving a look that she was a touch unclear whether it was important or not. 'Is there anything else...?'

"When an item, a arcane connection can be used to find someone who have one of your belongings Miss Bouchard, together with other links, like the one between your Cabalmate and Master Nassa, it can also be used to find you, think of it like your spiritual phone number you do not want it in enemy hands."
George explained.
"No there is nothing further Miss Bouchard."

(OOC: Well if one examine the lighter one might then find his Dynamic and Entropic Resonance.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:03 pm

[Common Room 1]

"Good then all is well then my good man."
Mr Amelie said with a measured smile.

Most likely Jeffry would lead the operation, but he was not here, he was waiting at the villa, there was no leader chosen for just driving there, the plan was just to put folks in cars and go but you could choose to suggjest that some more order to the car pooling if you want.

With the last people arriving, he went to go get the cars ready and requested anyone who might wish to put defenses on the cars or other spells to please accompany him to do so.

// Is Nicole going with them to raid the Labyrinth or staying home, for home defense?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:34 pm

[Common Room I]

"I have a cannister of something that can help make the cars more durable."
Bruce commented.
"Well we can cast a quick ward on the cars if you want Sodalis."
The House Thig member with the blue hair commented.
"That should do it."
He added as the group moved towards the garage.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:50 am

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this.

[Steelhaven, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

Nicole grabbed the bowl with the bits of her arm in it, drained off the liquid and headed back to her own apartment with it.

[Nicole doesn't know; that's the Chief's call?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:13 am

[Ritual Room, 12.45]

Nicole nodded to this.

George went back to his ritual preperations for the rite to try to get Amadeus back.

[Steelhaven, 12.45]

Nicole grabbed the bowl with the bits of her arm in it, drained off the liquid and headed back to her own apartment with it.

You got back to your apartment with your bowl.

(OOC: I do believe Jeffry would need everyone he could get. Right now he is waiting at the villa for Adley to gether those who are willing to go on the run on the Labyrinth and get there after they got it out of the medalion it had been hid in.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:20 am

[Nicole's Apartment, 12.45]

Anja's Post:

On getting back to her apartment, Nicole shoved a couple of toaster pastries into the toaster, grabbed a tea-towel and began to dry the parts of her arm...

[Just in case anyone wants to visit her for a moment...]

[I can't remember; did the Chief give any orders to Nicole past 'get back and sort out your past'?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:42 am

On getting back to her apartment, Nicole shoved a couple of toaster pastries into the toaster, grabbed a tea-towel and began to dry the parts of her arm...

You warmed some quick food while working on drying your artificial arm.

(OOC: Not orders as such, he would not order anyone onto a really dangerous mission unless there was no other choice but he have said he needs everyone who can fight other than the ones he have picked out to stay home and defend the Chantry, so I think originally the plan was for Nicole to go, but if you want to I can find another story hook for her, she can be one of the Chantry defenders for example while Adley and Colin go to the Labyrinth.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:52 am

[Villa 1 30]
Anja wrote:"That is an extremely narrow idea of Falling from someone who's majority of his soul is not Fallen so he do not know."
The Shard repeated.
"The Outsider Things are nto the ones that makes you Fall, they are on the side of the Fallen but they are not the ones who drive the process, no one is responsible for Falling, not one thing."
Colin shrug, "Oversimplified, perhaps - but without the Cauls, would anyone be able to Fall? And the Cauls are intrusions of the Outside into Reality... so am I completely incorrect in my suggestion?"

Anja wrote:"Maybe so, but are we storng enough to stop them?"
The bit of soul asked sounding doubtful.
He smiled, "A single strand of hemp won't hold much weight. But a thousand strands, ten thousand strands, braided together and holding as one in the form of a rope, how much weight can they hold then?"
He made a simple illusion of first a few specks of light circling together dimly over his hand, then joined by more, and more, the intensity of the light increasing ever so slightly with each joining speck, "I am, in a way, such unity incarnate - the potential for power is unknown, possibly infinite - but as within, so without; I am but one man, and unless I can join my strength with that of others - a great many others - I cannot end the Bastard's reign. But I have made such allies and friends, and they too work with me, eventually bringing in their own allies and friends, and so we're braiding a mighty rope to pull the cruel and power-mad from their thrones..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:23 am

[Villa 1 30]

Colin shrug, "Oversimplified, perhaps - but without the Cauls, would anyone be able to Fall? And the Cauls are intrusions of the Outside into Reality... so am I completely incorrect in my suggestion?"

"I suspect souls would be able to walk the Black Spiral withotu Caul if none existed, and are you so sure their existence is nto a reply to need in the souls that seeks them out, a need to see reality for what it is, horribly corrupt and in need of veing put down?"
The Shard asked.

He smiled, "A single strand of hemp won't hold much weight. But a thousand strands, ten thousand strands, braided together and holding as one in the form of a rope, how much weight can they hold then?"
He made a simple illusion of first a few specks of light circling together dimly over his hand, then joined by more, and more, the intensity of the light increasing ever so slightly with each joining speck, "I am, in a way, such unity incarnate - the potential for power is unknown, possibly infinite - but as within, so without; I am but one man, and unless I can join my strength with that of others - a great many others - I cannot end the Bastard's reign. But I have made such allies and friends, and they too work with me, eventually bringing in their own allies and friends, and so we're braiding a mighty rope to pull the cruel and power-mad from their thrones..."

"Well that is true, one strand can do little but many strands working together as one can hold allmost any weight...and we are a collection of shard, a community, a endless sea of water drops. Perhaps my host, perhaps, perhaps there will be some way to take down the corrupt, those that cling to power and abuse their lessers...perhaps, we will see."
The former Cultist muttered still doubtful but seaming to accept that there was a possibility to at least take down some of the corruption in the Traditions.
"If you can find enough strands to help you that is."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 pm

Anja's Post:

Having finished drying the various bits of her arm, Nicole grabbed her snack, poured a glass of milk and sat down on the couch with them. Eating and drinking one-handed, she then called Trina's number...

[Then Nicole's going, unless the Chief explicitly said he wants her to guard the homestead. Does she know the Chief isn't coming back to the Chantry, but moving direct to the Villa?]

[Perhaps it's my Englishness showing through, but I simply can't accept a 'villa' in Boston. I know it's technically correct, but in the UK 'villa' is a holiday home, usually on a pleasant coast.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:50 pm

Having finished drying the various bits of her arm, Nicole grabbed her snack, poured a glass of milk and sat down on the couch with them. Eating and drinking one-handed, she then called Trina's number...

Trina picked up the call, she spoke in a hushed voice probably not to disturb Karin who might have finally fallen alseep, something the wounded Kindfolk woman desperatly needed.
"Yeah...it is me."
Trina replied.

(OOC: She do not but if she go down to the Common room Bruce or Adley can tell her, she knows they where moving out shortly after the time travel troubles.)

(OOC 2: In Norway and I think also in USA a villa is any stand alone private house.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:25 pm

Anja's Post:

'Just checking in; you got here okay?' Nicole will ask, in the slightly muffled tone which normally shows the speaker is trying to eat at the same time.

[Then in that case chances are she'll head to the Chief's office to get orders. We need to find a way to get her onto the team without causing any plot-snarls by having Nick turn up at time/locations which contain a PC and have already 'ended' in OOC terms. That is unless you have different plans for her...]

[I am not so sure about the use of villa; think this is an point TPO Strife/Serge can solve. Though I'm not having a go or anything, this is merely curiosity.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:47 pm

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

Anja wrote:"Have a good night."
Thomas said and Bianca waved. Richard to left at the same time as you did he waved as well and headed back to the infirmary. You got back to Kyle's room when the time had turned about 1 30 and Stephen opened the door, the young mage looking a bit tired.
"Come in Sir."
He whispered and he pointed to where Kyle was on the sofa, finally sleeping after a long day, and with how scared the kid was and with all he had gone through he needed the rest.

"Well that's good to see." Serge whispered quietly entering into the room. "How're you doing? You look like you need some sleep yourself."

(OOC: Serge left the ritual room after the Primus told him to go and check on the other Verbana's.)

(OOC2: Villa's a correct term to use I believe. Calling it that also helps differentiate it from other places.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:36 am

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

"Well that's good to see." Serge whispered quietly entering into the room. "How're you doing? You look like you need some sleep yourself."

"He needs rest he is so scared...and so would I be in his situation."
Stephen whispered then he sigh and nodded.
"It have been a long day to say the least, but I do not want my uncle to wake up alone so I am watching over him."
He whispered back.
"Do you want a soda or something Sir?"

'Just checking in; you got here okay?' Nicole will ask, in the slightly muffled tone which normally shows the speaker is trying to eat at the same time.

"Yeah I am okey, I got picked up no problem."
Trina whispered.
"But shit Karin is so hurt...the poor thing, but the doctor is taking care of her and I sit and watch over her...but so many are hurt and some of them are not even awake and those that are have this look in their eyes as if they will never come back to who they are you know."
They added sounding horrified.
"What about you Nick are you okey?"

(OOC: Yes Nicole heading to the Chief's office is a good idea then someone can meet her and say that Adley and Bruce is arranging the oens going down in the common room and tha thre Chief will meet them at the villa.)
(OOC 2: From all my watching of American TV shows and reading American books villa is the correct term for a house with a garden.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:19 am

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

Anja wrote:"He needs rest he is so scared...and so would I be in his situation."
Stephen whispered then he sigh and nodded.
"It have been a long day to say the least, but I do not want my uncle to wake up alone so I am watching over him."
He whispered back.
"Do you want a soda or something Sir?"

"Nah I had plenty to eat and drink at the Primus's room." Serge said, quietly taking a seat. "Long day....heh. Fun fact, to you it's been an hour since I left. But to me it feels like 10 hours have past and the start of a whole new day. That's time magick for you."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:45 am

Anja's Post:

'I know... and to think, it was all done simply 'cos of what they were.' Nicole replied. 'They'd caught a rat, too; was not happy with me when I told a few home truths, like. Oh, and the fucker who ordered this is now in an urn.'

'I'm okay. Well, as good as can be. Though kinda getting bored of the people trying to kill me.' taking another bite of her toaster pastry.

[Sure, but I *think* the end of the planning is at 1.15. Won't take half-hour for Nick to prepare. How about having a quick drop-in to her place, say an NPC asking for ammo or something to simply line-up the timelines for merging? Though suppose it could be done by a couple more phone calls..]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:04 am

[Kyle's rooms, 1 15 am]

"Nah I had plenty to eat and drink at the Primus's room." Serge said, quietly taking a seat. "Long day....heh. Fun fact, to you it's been an hour since I left. But to me it feels like 10 hours have past and the start of a whole new day. That's time magick for you."

"A time buttle then? Yeah that is practical."
Stephen said as he joined you at the table after he had filled a glass of soda for himself, speaking softly and moving quietly so that he would not wake up Kyle who had fallen alseep on the sofa mid game it seamed for the controller was still in his hand as he lay on the sofa with a game on pause on the TV, now on mute. Stephen had put a blanket over the younger Hermetic so the kid would not get cold. Stephen gave his relative a concerned look then he turned towards Serge.
"Are you joining the run on the Labyritnh Sir?"
The young Flambeau asked in a whisper.

'I know... and to think, it was all done simply 'cos of what they were.' Nicole replied. 'They'd caught a rat, too; was not happy with me when I told a few home truths, like. Oh, and the fucker who ordered this is now in an urn.'

"So the guy who did this is dead? That is good."
The kinfolk replied with a bit of anger in their voice.
"The bastards caught a rat as well? Shit a shapechanger is not easy to hold captive...shit what did these bastards want?"
Trina muttered softly forcing her voice low so she would nto wake Karin.

'I'm okay. Well, as good as can be. Though kinda getting bored of the people trying to kill me.' taking another bite of her toaster pastry.

"Yeah I get that, try to make sure they do nto get what they want."
Trina muttered.
"Someone trying to kill you is not okey."

[Nicole's Apartment, 1]

You had eaten your quick heat meal and finished the conversation with Trina when there was a knock on your door.

(OOC: Sure I can do that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next