Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I am not so sure it can be made better."
Anna said with a sad sigh.
"It is just shitty."
Colin smiled, "Well, now, that's the Malfean view, that it is irreparably broken and needs to be put out of its misery. The Union wants to freeze the world in a middling, unchanging form, while the Traditions are ideally working to make the world better, greater than what it is... and to fix the broken parts. I certainly know which I prefer."

Anja wrote:Anna looked up at you then she looked down again and nodded she was clearly afraid of the prospect of a trial and hat could happen.
He smiled again, "Not to worry, it'll be scary for a bit, but you've got the best lawyer, and some of the Traditions' scariest people on your side."

S7trif3 wrote:He gave Colin a blank stare, not comprehending the joke and not particularly wanting to devote time to do so, giving Anna a shrug.
He smiled wryly and, glancing behind him to make sure the girls weren't looking, made a brief cupping gesture at chest height, before shrugging it off.

Anja wrote:"Yeah well undeath is still a form of life right? Vampires have emotions and hopes and dreams and such, that is a form of life is it not?"
The young Orphan asked.
He nodded, "True enough. But still, I saved his mind more than his life. Now, he's got a door with a lock he can control, instead of being shackled in cupboard with the key on the outside..."

S7trif3 wrote:He frowned and shook his head. "Some things are beyond grudges. Speaking of that, remind me to talk to you later about a certain preson's sudden rekindled distaste for my presence." He looked annoyed and then crossed his arms. "No time for that now, though."
He frowned, "Ah, yes, that was my bad entirely... I let slip a comment, and he pieced together a bit more than I'd realized I'd said. Mea maxima culpa... How did he react to Beatrice using dynamic magic, by the way?"

Anja wrote:"Yes off course Sir I am very sorry."
Yu Die said and she looked down.
He smiled, "Well, now, you can still show it off all you like. After dinner."

Anja wrote:"Well yes I guess it is possible Sir."
The young Akashic said clearly not understanding what you where talking about.
He grinned, "Try to look at me, looking for temporal distortions."

Anja wrote:"Sure leave it to me."
Freddy said as she heaved oer to the stove.
"It is on top of Jareth? I don't see anything love."
She commented.
He shrugged, "I don't suppose you would - it's for my eyes only; my future self is being a little cautious, for good reason."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:You stood in the waiting room of a small animal clinic lcated in the basement of the Sons of Ether medical clinic. You where on Horizon to interview for a job with the Umbral defence forces of the grand realm. You had already had one meeting but now you had a little bit of time for yourself before the next apointment at 4 in the afternoon. Darrian Haagen had sent some Tass with you and asked you to purchase a speciality fodder for familliar dogs that Mundi liked, one full of Quintessene that would nourish both his physical body and his spiritual parts and you stood waiting for one of the animal nurses to be able to help to get a sack.

The waiting room was pretty full, of both mundane and not so mundane animals and their owners. There was a little girl there with her mother, on the girl's lap was a rabbit with a runny eye, a little lab puppy was dancing around his owner's legs and in the corner sat a woman with a huge egg on her lap. From the open door into one of the treatment rooms you saw a vet tending to one of the claws of what had to be a griffin. A woman was sitting with a very sick kitten in a basket, the thing was the kitten looked allot like the ghost cat you had seen living in the little green house you would buy for your family, right down to the white drawings in her face.

The man in front of you left with a bag of diabetes fodder for cats and a bright blue cat toy in the shape of a mouse and it was your turn finally, the young man behind the counter gave you a bright smile and asked.
"What can I do for you Sir?"
He glanced at the kitten, mildly unsettled at the implications that just had never occurred to him before, then at the griffin, idly wondering how common those were as pets, anyway, then shook it off and got to the counter, handing over Darrian's note, "Ah, hello, my Chantrymate asked me to get some of this, a specialty dog food for his familiar? And I don't suppose you have any suggestions for treats for a very clever owl, whose father happens to be human some of the time?"

Waiting for the clerk to bring up the dog food, he looked at the kitten again, pondering stepping over to the owner...

((OOC: Aww, dat kitten gonna die? Sad ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 2 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:55 pm

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'And he will be leading the battle.' Nicole replied, looking back at Florian, getting the feeling he was trying to judge her abilities, so gave the "wary veteran" look for him to see. 'But chances are we'll be split up into squads, and as we won't have comms he won't be able to direct us all every second. This means we need to quickly form teams which have flexible abilities; such as each one having a medic.'

'Last time we faced these they had some kind of gas which made you unable to do any fireballs or shit.' she continued. 'This means each team needs to be able to fight conventionally too.' gesturing with her carbine. 'Chances are it will be inside, so artificial light might be needed. We also need to have as many people able to see hidden traps and entities such as... "spirits".'

'Lastly, you don't know me, but remember this means I don't know you either. If fact, does anyone here know everyone else?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:11 am

[Common Room]

Nicole wrote:Serge will see Nicole had changed again; now in quasi-military gear, with a rucksack, bandanna and a rifle clutched in her artificial hand. A sign, if anything that something serious was about to go down. The Etherite noticed him, the slight surprise on his presence clear. She'll stare for a moment, perhaps wondering if he had a message or something.

Nicole will see that Serge hadn't changed muched since the morning. Which was strange as he was still in his 'Mover's diguise' that they had used in the first vampire kidnapping heist. The one thing that had changed about his appearance was a new ring could be seen on his left hand. A golden opal ring that contrasted with the silver lily ring on his other hand.

He looked quite tired, clearly at the end of stamina after the events of the day but still pushing through despite of it. He gave her a wave and a smile but didn't approach her seeing that she was leading the group of visiting mages and didn't want to bother her.

Anja wrote:There was about a dozen magi, from all walks of life, you saw a handsome, dark skinned man in a nice suit, and a woman with long red hair in a flowing dress, a nervous looking man in ragged clothes like often was the case with supernatural societies this was a strange gathering that would not have been seen together had it not been for that one thing they have in common.

"I bet one of these guys can breathe fire. Or ice. Or ice-fire." Serge said amusingly as he glanced around at the strange gathering.

As Nicole began the talks, Serge got up and began to head towards the basement.

Seeing Nicole all decked out had given him second thoughts on bothering Master Nassa during such a critical time. Especially for a problem that was trivial in comparison to what he was about to face.

Instead he took this opportunity to perform another task that was asked of him. He pulled out his phone and texted Helena, "If you still want that shield from me I'm available now. You can meet me in the basement if your free."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:08 am

[Steelhaven]

"That is a small tradeoff for the protection, sir."

Darrian just nodded at that. Then he grinned and rummaged though his pockets and produced another bottle, this was in a clear, rounded bottle and the content was bright red with glitter.
"This is for Mr Yager, when I was making well...healing potions...I had to, I added food coloring and baking glitter to this one, it do not change the effect but I bet he will enjoy the look of it, if you would kindly give it to him if you run into him."
The Alchemist requested.

"Excuse me, a moment of your time, please?" he requested, as he spotted him. The process was similar to the others, assuming he did stop for him and he awaited any further questions.

The young Verbena stopped, he read what you had written and nodded.
"Very well, I expected as much, just let me go and get my stuff and I will head downstairs."
Ingmar grunted sourly.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled, "Well, now, that's the Malfean view, that it is irreparably broken and needs to be put out of its misery. The Union wants to freeze the world in a middling, unchanging form, while the Traditions are ideally working to make the world better, greater than what it is... and to fix the broken parts. I certainly know which I prefer."

"Yeah maybe so dad, but I am not so sure those pieces can be mended."
Anna said with a frown.
"But I guess it is worth trying."

He smiled again, "Not to worry, it'll be scary for a bit, but you've got the best lawyer, and some of the Traditions' scariest people on your side."

"Yeah...Master Adimari can be rather scary but what if the Council still decide to..."
The young Nephanda's voice trailed off.
"What if they still..."
She looked away and shivered.

He nodded, "True enough. But still, I saved his mind more than his life. Now, he's got a door with a lock he can control, instead of being shackled in cupboard with the key on the outside..."

"Saving his mind is important Sir but you can not save his mind without giving him physical safety as well."
Your apprentice said.
"And I can see that if someone have been mistreated like that then having the option to lock one's door is important."

He smiled, "Well, now, you can still show it off all you like. After dinner."

Yu Die smiled a little.
"Yeah...I will do that Sir."

He grinned, "Try to look at me, looking for temporal distortions."

"The young Akashic nodded she moved her hands quickly forming a series of hand gestures in rapid succession and she looked at you and gasped.
"Oh there are little bits of temporal disturbances around you Sir."
The girl said.
"Like a whirlpool."

He shrugged, "I don't suppose you would - it's for my eyes only; my future self is being a little cautious, for good reason."

Freddy nodded at that clearly accepting your explanation.
"Yeah that makes sense love."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He glanced at the kitten, mildly unsettled at the implications that just had never occurred to him before, then at the griffin, idly wondering how common those were as pets, anyway, then shook it off and got to the counter, handing over Darrian's note, "Ah, hello, my Chantrymate asked me to get some of this, a specialty dog food for his familiar? And I don't suppose you have any suggestions for treats for a very clever owl, whose father happens to be human some of the time?"

"Ah yes, I will get a bag of the food from the storage room Sir...as for a treat for your owl, we have some very nice pine cone shaped treat that a bird of prey can sharpen their claws and bead on while gnawing on, it is quite popular Sir."
The young man behind the counter said as the door to the second examination room opened and a elderly gentleman with an elderly terrier exited and got in line to pay, the girl with the bunny was shown into the now empty examination room and you heard the vet say.
"So have Duckie gotten an eye infection again? We will clear this right up."

Waiting for the clerk to bring up the dog food, he looked at the kitten again, pondering stepping over to the owner...

It was clearly the same kitten as your little ghost cat of about the same age, she was in a basket sleeping clearly quite sick. The clerk returned with a big sack of dog food.
"Here you go Sir do you need help in getting it out to your transportation, it is quite heavy."
He said with a grunt and he noticed you looking at the sick kitten and shock his head sadly.
"If people would just vaccinate their animals."
He muttered.

[Common Room]

'And he will be leading the battle.' Nicole replied, looking back at Florian, getting the feeling he was trying to judge her abilities, so gave the "wary veteran" look for him to see. 'But chances are we'll be split up into squads, and as we won't have comms he won't be able to direct us all every second. This means we need to quickly form teams which have flexible abilities; such as each one having a medic.'

Florian nodded at that.
"That makes sense."
He admitted.
"What if we do a show of hands of who have healing abilities?"
The woman with red hair suggested.
"I am Loretta Blue bani Verbena."

'Last time we faced these they had some kind of gas which made you unable to do any fireballs or shit.' she continued. 'This means each team needs to be able to fight conventionally too.' gesturing with her carbine. 'Chances are it will be inside, so artificial light might be needed. We also need to have as many people able to see hidden traps and entities such as... "spirits".'

"A gas that stop magick that might be a problem."
Florian said with a frown.
"We can do a show of hands for who can work with spirits as well."
Loretta chimed in clearly she was a big believer in show of hands.

Lastly, you don't know me, but remember this means I don't know you either. If fact, does anyone here know everyone else?'

"Yeah these guys here are from the same Chantry as me."
Forian said and he pointed out seven of the gathered mages.
"The rest are from Chantry Golden Rose in the same city so yeah I know them."
The Etherite you had met before chimed in.
"I know you Miss Bouchard."
He commented.

"I bet one of these guys can breathe fire. Or ice. Or ice-fire." Serge said amusingly as he glanced around at the strange gathering.

"Creating fire yes, breathing it is something else."
Florian said as he turned to look over the young Cultist and he raised an eyebrow.

As Nicole began the talks, Serge got up and began to head towards the basement.

Seeing Nicole all decked out had given him second thoughts on bothering Master Nassa during such a critical time. Especially for a problem that was trivial in comparison to what he was about to face.

Instead he took this opportunity to perform another task that was asked of him. He pulled out his phone and texted Helena, "If you still want that shield from me I'm available now. You can meet me in the basement if your free."

You got a reply back from Helena which said.
"Sure I will be right there."
You got down to the basement which part of the basement do you go into.

(OOC: Unless some miracle happen. Poor little kitten.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:55 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Creating fire yes, breathing it is something else."
Florian said as he turned to look over the young Cultist and he raised an eyebrow.

"Well that's still pretty cool." Serge said simply with a smile, not expecting people to be paying attention to him and making a mental note to keep such comments in his head.

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Helena which said.
"Sure I will be right there."
You got down to the basement which part of the basement do you go into.

Serge was about to head straight for the ritual room but decided instead to stays in front of the stairs to wait for Helena's arrival.

That way Helena wouldn't have to search around the entire basement to find where he was.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:19 am

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled wryly and, glancing behind him to make sure the girls weren't looking, made a brief cupping gesture at chest height, before shrugging it off.

He reached one hand up over his face and forehead. "Thanks for that," he muttered.

He frowned, "Ah, yes, that was my bad entirely... I let slip a comment, and he pieced together a bit more than I'd realized I'd said. Mea maxima culpa... How did he react to Beatrice using dynamic magic, by the way?"

"Put in a good word for me, then." At his question he responded, "Concerned or worried."

[Steelhaven]

Darrian just nodded at that. Then he grinned and rummaged though his pockets and produced another bottle, this was in a clear, rounded bottle and the content was bright red with glitter.
"This is for Mr Yager, when I was making well...healing potions...I had to, I added food coloring and baking glitter to this one, it do not change the effect but I bet he will enjoy the look of it, if you would kindly give it to him if you run into him."
The Alchemist requested.

He tilted his head. "Still a healing potion?" he asked. "Well, I am going with you, so if I don't see him again before I go, I will give it back to you." He nodded and put it away.

The young Verbena stopped, he read what you had written and nodded.
"Very well, I expected as much, just let me go and get my stuff and I will head downstairs."
Ingmar grunted sourly.

"Thank you," he said. Two down: Ms Dallas, Cita, his sora and Mr Darehill remaining.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:07 am

[Common Room]

"Well that's still pretty cool." Serge said simply with a smile, not expecting people to be paying attention to him and making a mental note to keep such comments in his head.

"Hum...yes well I guess it is pretty cool indeed."
Florian said with a bit of a grin.
"Come join our strategy talks kid."
He offered with a smile.

[Basement]

Serge was about to head straight for the ritual room but decided instead to stays in front of the stairs to wait for Helena's arrival.

That way Helena wouldn't have to search around the entire basement to find where he was.

After a few minutes Helena arrived she was on the phone with someone.
"So you can just teleport her over here? Ok thanks Sebastian..."
Putting her phone down the Adept Hermetic gave you a nod of her head.
"Mr Yager."
She said.
"Are you ready?"

[Steelhaven]

He tilted his head. "Still a healing potion?" he asked. "Well, I am going with you, so if I don't see him again before I go, I will give it back to you." He nodded and put it away.

"It is still a healing potion, a bit of food dye and cooking glitter will not change that, not for this mix. I had enough for one bottle left when I had filled the other ones and I just wanted to amuse the kid."
Darrian said with a smile.
"Very well thank you Sodalis."

Thank you," he said. Two down: Ms Dallas, Cita, his sora and Mr Darehill remaining.

You found Cita just leaving the library, the Master Adept gave you a friendly wave.
"Adley how are you?"
She asked and she looked like she was heading to your Mentor's office.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:01 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah maybe so dad, but I am not so sure those pieces can be mended."
Anna said with a frown.
"But I guess it is worth trying."
Colin smiled thinly, "It would make things easier if the Nephandi didn't try to break everything before it could be fixed, but you're right, some pieces can probably not be mended. But they might be recreated; made anew in a better form, even if we have to let the old ones go..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...Master Adimari can be rather scary but what if the Council still decide to..."
The young Nephanda's voice trailed off.
"What if they still..."
She looked away and shivered.
He shook his head, "They won't. They may want to, but they won't. Trust me on this; I've seen you safe and happy, with your collar open and inactive as a stubborn fashion statement, ten years from now. You will be fine."

S7trif3 wrote:He reached one hand up over his face and forehead. "Thanks for that," he muttered.
He chuckled softly, "You're welcome."

Anja wrote:"Saving his mind is important Sir but you can not save his mind without giving him physical safety as well."
Your apprentice said.
"And I can see that if someone have been mistreated like that then having the option to lock one's door is important."
He nodded, "His body will mend on its own, with a little food, but his mind... I may have to ask Dr. Boudavich to take him on, too."

S7trif3 wrote:"Put in a good word for me, then." At his question he responded, "Concerned or worried."
He nodded, "Of course I will. As best I can."

Anja wrote:"The young Akashic nodded she moved her hands quickly forming a series of hand gestures in rapid succession and she looked at you and gasped.
"Oh there are little bits of temporal disturbances around you Sir."
The girl said.
"Like a whirlpool."
He grimaced, "Yes, my future self is fond of briefly borrowing my present self. At least you're not looking at my soul. She gets a bit testy if people do that uninvited."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Ah yes, I will get a bag of the food from the storage room Sir...as for a treat for your owl, we have some very nice pine cone shaped treat that a bird of prey can sharpen their claws and bead on while gnawing on, it is quite popular Sir."
The young man behind the counter said as the door to the second examination room opened and a elderly gentleman with an elderly terrier exited and got in line to pay, the girl with the bunny was shown into the now empty examination room and you heard the vet say.
"So have Duckie gotten an eye infection again? We will clear this right up."
He smiled, "That sounds excellent. Er, how much is the pine cone, then? Also, I'm curious, how common are griffins as pets these days?"

Anja wrote:It was clearly the same kitten as your little ghost cat of about the same age, she was in a basket sleeping clearly quite sick. The clerk returned with a big sack of dog food.
"Here you go Sir do you need help in getting it out to your transportation, it is quite heavy."
He said with a grunt and he noticed you looking at the sick kitten and shock his head sadly.
"If people would just vaccinate their animals."
He muttered.
He frowned and nodded, hefting the bag, "No, I think I'll manage; hum, are vaccine-preventable pet diseases that big a problem here, too? Say what you will about the Union, they've done a lot of good in fighting illnesses. Even if the bloody Syndicate turns the treatments into shackles for the afflicted, like those several hundred dollar vials of insulin that cost the manufacturer something like five dollars to make..."
He looked to the kitten and paused, stepping over to the basket and kneeling down a bit, "Poor dear, it's not looking too good... Has it been sick long?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:45 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled thinly, "It would make things easier if the Nephandi didn't try to break everything before it could be fixed, but you're right, some pieces can probably not be mended. But they might be recreated; made anew in a better form, even if we have to let the old ones go..."

"I don't think it can be fixed dad, but what I think can be done is to try to live a good life and try to make the lives around you just a little bit better."
Anna said after a moment to think.
"Or being a cat, being a cat instantly make the world better...or an owl."
She added and she petted Jareth and the owl cooed happily.

He shook his head, "They won't. They may want to, but they won't. Trust me on this; I've seen you safe and happy, with your collar open and inactive as a stubborn fashion statement, ten years from now. You will be fine."

"I hope you are right Mentor...I do not want to loose my magick, though me and Kyle have made a deal that if the worst happens we will study hedge magic."
The young Orphan said though she looked down nervously.

He nodded, "His body will mend on its own, with a little food, but his mind... I may have to ask Dr. Boudavich to take him on, too."

"Ange...I mean Dr Boudavich is really smart so she might be able to help him yes."
Your apprentice agreed with a nod.
"She manage to say just the right things to have you think of the solution to what bothers you yourself."

He grimaced, "Yes, my future self is fond of briefly borrowing my present self. At least you're not looking at my soul. She gets a bit testy if people do that uninvited."

"I can't see Avatars and looking at someone's Avatar without their permission would be most rude Sir, I would not like someone just looking and mine, that is peeping and that is not ok."
Yu Die said and she folded her arms across her chest to look sterner. Anna nodded.
"She is not wrong dad that would be rude."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He smiled, "That sounds excellent. Er, how much is the pine cone, then? Also, I'm curious, how common are griffins as pets these days?"

"Six dollars for the small pine cones and eleven for the big ones, for an owl or a raven I recommend a small one."
The nurse said.
"Not very common they are fairly intelligent and not easy to keep as pet if they do not want to be pet, you more adopt one or one adopt you."
He replied.
"I can not give details but we have five of them as regular patients."

He frowned and nodded, hefting the bag, "No, I think I'll manage; hum, are vaccine-preventable pet diseases that big a problem here, too? Say what you will about the Union, they've done a lot of good in fighting illnesses. Even if the bloody Syndicate turns the treatments into shackles for the afflicted, like those several hundred dollar vials of insulin that cost the manufacturer something like five dollars to make..."

"I believe it is the Syndicate that are the cause of the price of insulin and not the Progenitors that and out of control capitalism."
The nurse said then he frowned.
"Yes, now I have not examined the kitten or heard what the vets say but from the description it sounds like feline parvo-virus, which is easily vaccine preventable but that client she..well no it is my place to say."
He grunted with clear distaste on his face.

He looked to the kitten and paused, stepping over to the basket and kneeling down a bit, "Poor dear, it's not looking too good... Has it been sick long?"

The kitten looked at you and lifted her head weakly, it was a pretty little calie with bright green eyes.
"Only a few hours, she got very sick very fast and to day of all days, we are trying to sell our house but I can not have a open house to show it off now that Melon is sick...oh I hope they can help her..."
The very stress owner said. The clerk who was now taking payment from the gentleman with the terrier tossed a pack of hand sanitizers over at you.
"Sir if you touch the kitten remember to wash your hands after."
He reminded you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:30 pm

[Steelhaven]

"It is still a healing potion, a bit of food dye and cooking glitter will not change that, not for this mix. I had enough for one bottle left when I had filled the other ones and I just wanted to amuse the kid."
Darrian said with a smile.
"Very well thank you Sodalis."

He nodded. "Well, it might come in handy for him to have on hand."

You found Cita just leaving the library, the Master Adept gave you a friendly wave.
"Adley how are you?"
She asked and she looked like she was heading to your Mentor's office.

"Feeling a little better, thanks. My mentor asked me to ask you something," he prefaced, showing her the message. "I don't suppose you've seen my sora around?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:24 pm

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... let's do what they used to do at gym at school.' Nicole replied, giving a nod. 'Everyone get on that side of the room...' gesturing with her hand, waiting for them to do so before continuing. 'Now, put up your hand if you're a decent healer or medic type.'

Anja's Post:

'What city is that?' Nicole replied, vaguely curious. 'And yeah... remember you from somewhere...' ending with a frown.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:04 pm

[Steelhaven]

He nodded. "Well, it might come in handy for him to have on hand."

"It can indeed though I hope he will not end up needing it."
Darrian agreed.

"Feeling a little better, thanks. My mentor asked me to ask you something," he prefaced, showing her the message. "I don't suppose you've seen my sora around?"

Cita read the message then she nodded.
"Certainly, I was just heading to your Mentor's office to discuss it actually."
The Virtual Adept said then she nodded again.
"I just saw her, I think she was heading towards the basement."
The spirit healer said and she pointed a thin hand in that direction.

[Common Room]

'Yeah... let's do what they used to do at gym at school.' Nicole replied, giving a nod. 'Everyone get on that side of the room...' gesturing with her hand, waiting for them to do so before continuing. 'Now, put up your hand if you're a decent healer or medic type.'

Not a soul in the room moved, clearly none of these magi wanted to be ordered around by you. Three of them did raise their hands when you asked about healers, the Verbena woman among them and a forth spoke up, a gentleman of about 50.
"I don't do any magickal healing but I was an army medic and I still remember my training."

'What city is that?' Nicole replied, vaguely curious.

"Worcester as in near hear not as in England."
Florian replied.

'And yeah... remember you from somewhere...' ending with a frown.

"I have visited Dry Dock a few times with my Mentor when I was an apprentice, I saw you then."
Your fellow Etherite replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:14 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"I don't think it can be fixed dad, but what I think can be done is to try to live a good life and try to make the lives around you just a little bit better."
Anna said after a moment to think.
"Or being a cat, being a cat instantly make the world better...or an owl."
She added and she petted Jareth and the owl cooed happily.
Colin smiled approvingly, "That's a very good first step. And if everyone took that first step, it would be far easier to actually make improvements and repairs for those with the knowledge and power to do so..."

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Mentor...I do not want to loose my magick, though me and Kyle have made a deal that if the worst happens we will study hedge magic."
The young Orphan said though she looked down nervously.
He smiled thinly, "I'm quite certain you will both be fine."

Anja wrote:"Ange...I mean Dr Boudavich is really smart so she might be able to help him yes."
Your apprentice agreed with a nod.
"She manage to say just the right things to have you think of the solution to what bothers you yourself."
He nodded, "What Shawn needs is to have his confidence in himself rebuilt. And Dr. Boudavich is perhaps the best suited for that."

Anja wrote:"I can't see Avatars and looking at someone's Avatar without their permission would be most rude Sir, I would not like someone just looking and mine, that is peeping and that is not ok."
Yu Die said and she folded her arms across her chest to look sterner. Anna nodded.
"She is not wrong dad that would be rude."
He grinned darkly, "Very good - it would indeed be rude, a lesson a certain Senior Quaesitor in Boston has had to learn recently. I would advise you not to inquire about her view on the matter, she might take it as a personal offense."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Six dollars for the small pine cones and eleven for the big ones, for an owl or a raven I recommend a small one."
The nurse said.
"Not very common they are fairly intelligent and not easy to keep as pet if they do not want to be pet, you more adopt one or one adopt you."
He replied.
"I can not give details but we have five of them as regular patients."
He nodded, "I'll take two of the large cones, then. Jareth is quite adept at demolishing things when he decides to. Thank goodness he's also very aware of what he can get away with demolishing."
He scritched his cheek, "So, you're saying a griffin is much like a cat, then, only larger and able to fly?"

Anja wrote:"I believe it is the Syndicate that are the cause of the price of insulin and not the Progenitors that and out of control capitalism."
The nurse said then he frowned.
"Yes, now I have not examined the kitten or heard what the vets say but from the description it sounds like feline parvo-virus, which is easily vaccine preventable but that client she..well no it is my place to say."
He grunted with clear distaste on his face.
He frowned, "Ah, I'm not familiar with the assorted viruses, but I'm guessing that's a really nasty one..."

Anja wrote:The kitten looked at you and lifted her head weakly, it was a pretty little calie with bright green eyes.
"Only a few hours, she got very sick very fast and to day of all days, we are trying to sell our house but I can not have a open house to show it off now that Melon is sick...oh I hope they can help her..."
The very stress owner said. The clerk who was now taking payment from the gentleman with the terrier tossed a pack of hand sanitizers over at you.
"Sir if you touch the kitten remember to wash your hands after."
He reminded you.
He caught the pack in his free hand, "Not to worry, I won't touch her - not when I'm carrying one of my Chantry's Masters' familiar's food. I've got a compromised daughter - I know to be very careful with infectious disease... I'll keep these, if that's alright, though."
He looked down at Melon again, "Hum... I'm something of a Chronomancer, I've seen the future. And... I'll be moving to Horizon with my family at some point in the not-too-distant future. I've seen the house we'll be buying; a nice, little green house, with a modest front yard. Those visions of the future... the house did come with a kitten that looked a lot like Melon..."
He frowned, then looked up at the owner, "I'm guessing that sounds like your house, doesn't it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:18 pm

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'For fuck's sake; its just so we can quickly form into teams. Not ordering you to run off a cliff or something.' Nicole replied, a shade irritably. 'We are heading out in about twenty, so every moment wasted now is one that can't be used in other prep-work.'

Anja's Post:

'Cool... if you three can move out on your lonesome, we can start building the teams around you.' Nicole replied. 'Did you bring any of your medic gear?' looking at the older guy.

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a "I remember now" nod to this.

[Persuasion/Leadership roll to see if Nicole can get the cats to obey, if only for a moment?]

[How many mages are roughly present?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:30 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Hum...yes well I guess it is pretty cool indeed."
Florian said with a bit of a grin.
"Come join our strategy talks kid."
He offered with a smile.

"Thank you for the offer. I'd love too but I'm not a part of the mission. Nor do I have the combat experience needed for useful tactics" Serge said with a polite shake of his head. He looked at gestured over to Nicole and smiled, "Besides, with her on your team you guys got all the strategy planning that you need. She's really smart. Managed and planned like 3 successful missions today."

[Basement]

Anja wrote:After a few minutes Helena arrived she was on the phone with someone.
"So you can just teleport her over here? Ok thanks Sebastian..."
Putting her phone down the Adept Hermetic gave you a nod of her head.
"Mr Yager."
She said.
"Are you ready?"

"Ms. Mar." he said replicating her own greeting. "I am. Not much preparation I need to do. Just needs a notepad and pencil. Come on, let's head to the ritual room."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:25 pm

[Common Room]

'For fuck's sake; its just so we can quickly form into teams. Not ordering you to run off a cliff or something.' Nicole replied, a shade irritably. 'We are heading out in about twenty, so every moment wasted now is one that can't be used in other prep-work.'

"A I am pretty sure Master Morgan will want to form us into teams himself when he arrive and we know where we are going. B what is your rank, I am an Adeptus working on a second Adept degree."
Florian said evenly and the room erupted into demands of knowing your rank since you presumed to be ordering them around.

'Cool... if you three can move out on your lonesome, we can start building the teams around you.' Nicole replied. 'Did you bring any of your medic gear?' looking at the older guy.

"Why three teams, after all was there not two possible locations so at most we will split the group in two."
The red haired Verbena protested.
"And what about fighting ability I can heal and I can do some damage with magick but you said we might have to fight with mundane weapons, I would not know how, unless it is with a dagger."
A Latino man in the back called out, one of the other healers. The older gentleman nodded.
"That I did and by the way the name is Albright, Professor Axel Albright bani Sons of Ether."
The gentleman introduced himself.

Nicole gave a "I remember now" nod to this.

The young Etherite smiled.
"You work with machines right? I remember, I do as well but I prefer to work with smaller ones like tweaking coffee makers and well anything hand held or up to table sized basically, I love little gears and bolts and all of those parts."
He said and his eyes light up as he spoke of his passion which made the red haired Verbena roll her eyes.

"Thank you for the offer. I'd love too but I'm not a part of the mission. Nor do I have the combat experience needed for useful tactics" Serge said with a polite shake of his head. He looked at gestured over to Nicole and smiled, "Besides, with her on your team you guys got all the strategy planning that you need. She's really smart. Managed and planned like 3 successful missions today."

"I see well I will let you go to your tasks then young man."
Florian said politely and then he glanced over at Nicole.
"And what sort of missions might that be?"
He asked sounding rather skeptical of your claim.

[Basement]

"Ms. Mar." he said replicating her own greeting. "I am. Not much preparation I need to do. Just needs a notepad and pencil. Come on, let's head to the ritual room."

"Excellent."
The ice maga said as she walked with you down towards the ritual rooms.
"If you don't need a table and such to draw that is Mr ehm...Yager was it?"

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled approvingly, "That's a very good first step. And if everyone took that first step, it would be far easier to actually make improvements and repairs for those with the knowledge and power to do so..."

"Hey I only got it from this feel good TV show I was watching with Mr Yager the other day."
Anna said with a grin.
"But it makes sense, if everyone tried to be a little bit nicer then allot of the suck would go away."

He smiled thinly, "I'm quite certain you will both be fine."

"Ok kid listen, my Tradition was once mathematicians, and also my dad likes to play the ponies every now and again so let us think of the odds shall we, you have a wonderful lawyer, with Lady Crexia's new apprentice you have precedence on your side and also no one on Horizon want to see another...well you know right now and particularly not of a kid, in addition with your heart condition trying to do such a ritual on you chances are the result will be a free, very pissed of, very confused Avatar going ape shit on everyone in the Sentencing Hall and no one want that so I would not bet against your survival. Your odds are better than Kyle's but not by that much he also have a good advocate, precedence on his side and he is a kid, you will be fine."
Freddy said and Anna smiled a little seaming relieved for a moment.
"You think so Freddy?"
"Yes I do."
Yu Die at this put the vegetables down and wrapped her arms around Anna.
"It will be okey."
The Akashic said.
"And if it is not then I guess you can always kick them."
This made Anna chuckle a bit.

He nodded, "What Shawn needs is to have his confidence in himself rebuilt. And Dr. Boudavich is perhaps the best suited for that."

Your daughter nodded at that.
"You are probably right about that dad.

He grinned darkly, "Very good - it would indeed be rude, a lesson a certain Senior Quaesitor in Boston has had to learn recently. I would advise you not to inquire about her view on the matter, she might take it as a personal offense."

"I have heard the rumors, and I will not ask her, the rumor is she can't use Quintessence at the moment Sir, but I guess it is rude to spread such rumors as well, my Mentor say that honorable warriors do not spread rumors."
Yu Die mumbled.

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He nodded, "I'll take two of the large cones, then. Jareth is quite adept at demolishing things when he decides to. Thank goodness he's also very aware of what he can get away with demolishing."
He scritched his cheek, "So, you're saying a griffin is much like a cat, then, only larger and able to fly?"

"Two large cones, I will find them and wrap them up for you Sir, and yes birds can be quite adapt at destroying things."
The nurse said as he went over to the little store area and picked up two pale green, pine cone like lumps of some sort of hardened powder and put them in a little bag.
"Will there then be anything else?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Yes pretty much but remember Sharon the one you can see in there is just a baby, they get much larger and they need room to fly, hunt and be what nature intended them to be."

He frowned, "Ah, I'm not familiar with the assorted viruses, but I'm guessing that's a really nasty one..."

"It is nicknamed cat plague, kittens almost never survive if magickal healing fails, healthy adults have a chance but it is still a serious condition."
The nurse replied with a frown.

He caught the pack in his free hand, "Not to worry, I won't touch her - not when I'm carrying one of my Chantry's Masters' familiar's food. I've got a compromised daughter - I know to be very careful with infectious disease... I'll keep these, if that's alright, though."

"Feel free to keep the pack."
The nurse said as he took payment from the elderly man with the terrier and then put two boxed of wet food for elderly dogs in a bag for him and went to help a teenager pick out a set of food bowls next.
"The disease we suspect do not cross species but as we have not examined the kitten yet it is better to be safe than sorry."
He commented.

He looked down at Melon again, "Hum... I'm something of a Chronomancer, I've seen the future. And... I'll be moving to Horizon with my family at some point in the not-too-distant future. I've seen the house we'll be buying; a nice, little green house, with a modest front yard. Those visions of the future... the house did come with a kitten that looked a lot like Melon..."
He frowned, then looked up at the owner, "I'm guessing that sounds like your house, doesn't it?"

"Well yes me and my husband's house is green...but Melon is not for sale, if she recovers we are taking her with us when we move to Cerberus."
The woman said as she looked a little confused and then gave the kitten another worried look.
"I was afraid she would get autism...I..."
She muttered as she adjusted a blanket to make sure the small cat stayed warm.

(OOC: There are 14 visiting mages plus Nicole and Ryan that makes for 16, 17 before Serge left.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:51 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Hey I only got it from this feel good TV show I was watching with Mr Yager the other day."
Anna said with a grin.
"But it makes sense, if everyone tried to be a little bit nicer then allot of the suck would go away."
Colin grinned, "Normally, I would say that TV rots your brain, but I guess so long as you steer away from soap operas, you should be good. Even if you watch things Freddy and I haven't had the time to check in advance."

Anja wrote:"Ok kid listen, my Tradition was once mathematicians, and also my dad likes to play the ponies every now and again so let us think of the odds shall we, you have a wonderful lawyer, with Lady Crexia's new apprentice you have precedence on your side and also no one on Horizon want to see another...well you know right now and particularly not of a kid, in addition with your heart condition trying to do such a ritual on you chances are the result will be a free, very pissed of, very confused Avatar going ape shit on everyone in the Sentencing Hall and no one want that so I would not bet against your survival. Your odds are better than Kyle's but not by that much he also have a good advocate, precedence on his side and he is a kid, you will be fine."
Freddy said and Anna smiled a little seaming relieved for a moment.
"You think so Freddy?"
"Yes I do."
Yu Die at this put the vegetables down and wrapped her arms around Anna.
"It will be okey."
The Akashic said.
"And if it is not then I guess you can always kick them."
This made Anna chuckle a bit.
He nodded sagely, "She's right. And should it come to that, I won't hold you back. Keep in mind, Magi on Horizon are very used to dealing with skilled spellcasters, but outside of the Akashic Brotherhood, they are perhaps less used to people who use a good, old-fashioned bull rush as an opening move."
He grinned, "Not, of course, that I would under any circumstances advise you to kick one of the Seats, or a Quaesitor, since that would probably put your case in a more unfavourable light."

Anja wrote:"I have heard the rumors, and I will not ask her, the rumor is she can't use Quintessence at the moment Sir, but I guess it is rude to spread such rumors as well, my Mentor say that honorable warriors do not spread rumors."
Yu Die mumbled.
He nodded, "I, too, have heard the rumours, and I, too, will not spread them, as I can't confirm or deny her current situation - but I can confirm that she tried to examine my Avatar unbidden, and was stung for the effort. My Avatar, as I said, gets testy at unbidden examinations. And she doesn't like... Spirit Masters like Master D'Angelo."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Two large cones, I will find them and wrap them up for you Sir, and yes birds can be quite adapt at destroying things."
The nurse said as he went over to the little store area and picked up two pale green, pine cone like lumps of some sort of hardened powder and put them in a little bag.
"Will there then be anything else?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Yes pretty much but remember Sharon the one you can see in there is just a baby, they get much larger and they need room to fly, hunt and be what nature intended them to be."
He arched an eyebrow, then nodded as he paid, "As a veteran pilot myself, I'm can sympathize with the need to stretch their wings."

Anja wrote:"It is nicknamed cat plague, kittens almost never survive if magickal healing fails, healthy adults have a chance but it is still a serious condition."
The nurse replied with a frown.
He nodded, "That does sound about as bad as I suspected..."

Anja wrote:"Feel free to keep the pack."
The nurse said as he took payment from the elderly man with the terrier and then put two boxed of wet food for elderly dogs in a bag for him and went to help a teenager pick out a set of food bowls next.
"The disease we suspect do not cross species but as we have not examined the kitten yet it is better to be safe than sorry."
He commented.
He nodded, "I quite agree."

Anja wrote:"Well yes me and my husband's house is green...but Melon is not for sale, if she recovers we are taking her with us when we move to Cerberus."
The woman said as she looked a little confused and then gave the kitten another worried look.
"I was afraid she would get autism...I..."
She muttered as she adjusted a blanket to make sure the small cat stayed warm.
He looked down at Melon again with a falling expression, adding softly, "In that future, we bought the house haunted... It was a ghost kitten that came with the house. A very loving and lively one, but... I'm afraid it does not bode well for Melon."
He shook his head, "There's no link between vaccines - any vaccines - and autism, only a falsified study perpetrated by a man trying to push out a competing vaccine to the brand he was personally invested in. Every single study since has shown that the only thing vaccines consistently lead to is old age..."

((OOC: Serge Yager, presently the only guy who speaks positively of Nicole... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:25 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin grinned, "Normally, I would say that TV rots your brain, but I guess so long as you steer away from soap operas, you should be good. Even if you watch things Freddy and I haven't had the time to check in advance."

"Freddy checked it actually, I said I could not watch anything that have not been vetted."
Anna replied.
"She pointed out a few episodes with scary scenes so we did not watch those, and watched the rest."
The young Orphan explained.
"Why are they called soap operas? That is a odd name."

He nodded sagely, "She's right. And should it come to that, I won't hold you back. Keep in mind, Magi on Horizon are very used to dealing with skilled spellcasters, but outside of the Akashic Brotherhood, they are perhaps less used to people who use a good, old-fashioned bull rush as an opening move."

"But if I do...bull rush them to get away, would not that put you in a negative light if you could stop me?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you.

He grinned, "Not, of course, that I would under any circumstances advise you to kick one of the Seats, or a Quaesitor, since that would probably put your case in a more unfavourable light."

"Only if I loose then."
The young mage replied darkly.

He nodded, "I, too, have heard the rumours, and I, too, will not spread them, as I can't confirm or deny her current situation - but I can confirm that she tried to examine my Avatar unbidden, and was stung for the effort. My Avatar, as I said, gets testy at unbidden examinations. And she doesn't like... Spirit Masters like Master D'Angelo."

"That dreadful Soul Render should be glad I was...restrained in dealing with her."
Mia said with an humph from your soul. Yu Die nodded sagely.
"We will speak no more of rumors then Sir but yes indeed looking at pepole's Avatars without their permission is very rude, one should not do that!"

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He arched an eyebrow, then nodded as he paid, "As a veteran pilot myself, I'm can sympathize with the need to stretch their wings."

"Indeed so, they can be quite a handful if not allowed to fly free."
The nurse said.
"So you are a combat pilot Sir? Here on Horizon?"

He nodded, "That does sound about as bad as I suspected..."

"Without magickal healing a kitten have about a ten percent chance and a adult thirty, there are no cure other than giving fluid and hoping for the best there is however an effective vaccine."
The clerk replied and his frown darkened.

He nodded, "I quite agree."

The nurse just nodded at that.
"I like being agreed with."
He added with a bit of a smile.

He looked down at Melon again with a falling expression, adding softly, "In that future, we bought the house haunted... It was a ghost kitten that came with the house. A very loving and lively one, but... I'm afraid it does not bode well for Melon."

"Oh no...my poor little baby."
The woman said horrified and she looked down at the sick kitten.
"But she...she was...just fine this morning..."

He shook his head, "There's no link between vaccines - any vaccines - and autism, only a falsified study perpetrated by a man trying to push out a competing vaccine to the brand he was personally invested in. Every single study since has shown that the only thing vaccines consistently lead to is old age..."

"But my niece's friend have a little boy and he got autism as a toddler only three months after a vaccination."
Melon's owner protested, she was about to say more when a younger woman rushed into the clinic in a huff.
"I was told you treat spirits here as well as animals..."
She begun but before the nurse as the counter had a chance to reply she continued.
"We hit...that Exemplar who have been out in the Umbra near Horizon for the last few weeks...we hit him...or her I guess by accident while running drills and he is in really bad condition...what do I do?...what do I do? The Captain sent me here to get help!"
You recognized the young woman as one of the junior officers serving aboard the Heart of Horizon, she was still in her uniform and heaving for breath as she had clearly ran here from the Umbral port.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:47 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Freddy checked it actually, I said I could not watch anything that have not been vetted."
Anna replied.
"She pointed out a few episodes with scary scenes so we did not watch those, and watched the rest."
The young Orphan explained.
"Why are they called soap operas? That is a odd name."
Colin smiled wryly, "They're so called because they were originally aimed at fifties' and sixties' housewives, while their husbands were at work, and so were paid for by mainly soap commercials. And frankly, from what I can tell, the only thing that's changed about soap operas since then is the camera quality..."

Anja wrote:"But if I do...bull rush them to get away, would not that put you in a negative light if you could stop me?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you.
He shrugged, "Well, I would be able to point out that I had fully restrained your magic at that time, and there's only so much I could do to physically hold you back, if you were quick on your feet... Besides, I'd not want to be kicked either."

Anja wrote:"Only if I loose then."
The young mage replied darkly.
He smiled, "I don't believe it will come to that."

Anja wrote:"That dreadful Soul Render should be glad I was...restrained in dealing with her."
Mia said with an humph from your soul. Yu Die nodded sagely.
"We will speak no more of rumors then Sir but yes indeed looking at pepole's Avatars without their permission is very rude, one should not do that!"
He chuckled internally and thought to Mia, giving Yu Die a firm nod, 'So should I hope she has learned her lesson, or should I hope she hasn't? And if her brother should try the same, don't bother holding back.'

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Indeed so, they can be quite a handful if not allowed to fly free."
The nurse said.
"So you are a combat pilot Sir? Here on Horizon?"
He smiled, "Yes and no. I earned my scars in the RAF, back in 1990. But I'm enlisting with the Horizon Defenses, if they'll accept me. I rather suspect they will..."

Anja wrote:"Oh no...my poor little baby."
The woman said horrified and she looked down at the sick kitten.
"But she...she was...just fine this morning..."
He shook his head, "Some diseases lie latent for a while, possibly being quite infectious before they take a turn for the worse..."

Anja wrote:"But my niece's friend have a little boy and he got autism as a toddler only three months after a vaccination."
Melon's owner protested, she was about to say more when a younger woman rushed into the clinic in a huff.
"I was told you treat spirits here as well as animals..."
She begun but before the nurse as the counter had a chance to reply she continued.
"We hit...that Exemplar who have been out in the Umbra near Horizon for the last few weeks...we hit him...or her I guess by accident while running drills and he is in really bad condition...what do I do?...what do I do? The Captain sent me here to get help!"
You recognized the young woman as one of the junior officers serving aboard the Heart of Horizon, she was still in her uniform and heaving for breath as she had clearly ran here from the Umbral port.
He frowned, looking at the officer, then back to Melon's owner, "Correlation is not causation; autism is still not fully understood, but everything I've read suggests there are structural differences in the brain that develop during the pregnancy, not post-birth. Look... I can't do anything for Melon now, but I can try to save her in the past - while I'll be fond of her as a ghost, I'd feel a lot better if I could save her life..."
He stood up, hefted the sack of dog food, and stepped over to the junior officer, "Ma'am, I'm Colin Wainwright, I've worked with Master Telar, I believe I've seen you on the Heart a few times... Should I call Master Telar for help, do you think? And... what did you hit the Exemplar with?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:37 am

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'Master Morgan is busy. He can't be everywhere at once, micro-managing us all. As for rank... sweet Mary, you going to pull that shit right now? Rank don't show how good you are at combat, and you all know it. Okay, I'm only a "Disciple" but fighting is my speciality. All I'm trying to do is quickly put you in even groups, make up for any lack of kit and so on so when the Chief does come here we're all ready for his orders and plans. Instead of standing around doing fuck all like what happens when you're playing The Sims and you turned "Free Will" off.'

Anja's Post:

'Cos five is a good number for a team; any larger and we start getting clogged up in hallways and shit. Also max space in a car.' Nicole replied. 'We can merge two into larger one if-when needed, or wanted by Morgan.'

'As for mundane weapons, I was going to get to that. That is if folk quit going on about rank and shit for like two minutes.'

Anja's Post:

'Evening, Professor.' giving him a polite, slightly exaggerated nod; knowing she was for good or ill, the centre of attention. 'Are you willing to put aside rank for one moment, simply for the organising bit of this mission?'

Anja's Post:

'Today? Two hostage rescues and one murder attempt.' Nicole replied, a little thrown by this tangent. 'What, you think Morgan would send here someone who knew jack?'

[Firefox seemingly being temperamental right now...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:49 am

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"I see well I will let you go to your tasks then young man."
Florian said politely and then he glanced over at Nicole.
"And what sort of missions might that be?"
He asked sounding rather skeptical of your claim.
Nicole wrote:'Today? Two hostage rescues and one murder attempt.' Nicole replied, a little thrown by this tangent. 'What, you think Morgan would send here someone who knew jack?'

"Like she said. She's gone on a fair few missions today and it was thanks to her planning that that they went smoothly." He said politely. "I was personally a part of two of those missions. It was thanks to her group minded planning that they went smoothly and were able to survive a couple of bumps along the way, even an unexpected visit from the Union."

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Excellent."
The ice maga said as she walked with you down towards the ritual rooms.
"If you don't need a table and such to draw that is Mr ehm...Yager was it?"

"...Yes?" he said with a raised eyebrow, glancing at Helena. She had remembered and called him by that name only a few seconds before. So too suddenly have trouble remembering it was a little concerning to Serge. "Are you feeling all right Ms. Mar?"

(OOC: Serge knows what its like to have people against you no matter what you say. Plus Nicole's defended him on more than one occasion. More people should be nice to Nicole. She's nice, cool, has a cool robo arm and might make Serge cool gadgets, and is an all round kind person.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:43 am

[Steelhaven]

Cita read the message then she nodded.
"Certainly, I was just heading to your Mentor's office to discuss it actually."
The Virtual Adept said then she nodded again.
"I just saw her, I think she was heading towards the basement."
The spirit healer said and she pointed a thin hand in that direction.

"Thank you. I'm not sure if he's still in a meeting or not. If he is not in his office, he may still be," he replied. "I will see you soon, ma'am, if you have no other questions," he said and excused himself. He checked Ryan and Marion's rooms as he made his way downstairs, and kept an eye out for them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:01 am

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled wryly, "They're so called because they were originally aimed at fifties' and sixties' housewives, while their husbands were at work, and so were paid for by mainly soap commercials. And frankly, from what I can tell, the only thing that's changed about soap operas since then is the camera quality..."

"Oh...they sound rather boring dad."
Anna said and she scratched her head.
"I prefer space adventures and fantasy and such."

He shrugged, "Well, I would be able to point out that I had fully restrained your magic at that time, and there's only so much I could do to physically hold you back, if you were quick on your feet... Besides, I'd not want to be kicked either."

"At least if that happens I can go down fighting."
Your apprentice said darkly.

He smiled, "I don't believe it will come to that."

"I hope you are right dad."
The young Orphan muttered but she was clearly still worried.

He chuckled internally and thought to Mia, giving Yu Die a firm nod, 'So should I hope she has learned her lesson, or should I hope she hasn't? And if her brother should try the same, don't bother holding back.'

"We don't hope that either of those dreadful twins try something like that again, however I am quite ready to defend myself if they ever do."
Mia replied firmly from your soul.

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He smiled, "Yes and no. I earned my scars in the RAF, back in 1990. But I'm enlisting with the Horizon Defenses, if they'll accept me. I rather suspect they will..."

"Good luck Sir."
The nurse said then he nodded.
"You can fly both mundane aircraft and Umbra ships then?"

He shook his head, "Some diseases lie latent for a while, possibly being quite infectious before they take a turn for the worse..."

"Yes I guess you are right, poor little Melon."
The woman said with a sigh.

He frowned, looking at the officer, then back to Melon's owner, "Correlation is not causation; autism is still not fully understood, but everything I've read suggests there are structural differences in the brain that develop during the pregnancy, not post-birth.

"But one of my friend's sister have a son she wanted to vaccinate when he was seven but she child did not want to go through with it, he was scared and after an hour of trying to get him to sit still they gave up, the nurse gave him a glass of water as he had been screaming and crying quite a bit and later that day the child had a tummy upset and was tired and he did not sleep well that night I bet they put vaccines in the water and he will develop autism, my friend's sister says the boy have started acting a bit differently jumping at loud sounds and not being himself."
The woman protested.

Look... I can't do anything for Melon now, but I can try to save her in the past - while I'll be fond of her as a ghost, I'd feel a lot better if I could save her life..."

"Please do so if you can Sir...I will even vaccinate her if I have to, she is such a sweet little cat I don't want her to die and my son will be devastated if she dies."
The woman said and she looked up at you pleadingly and then back down at the sick kitten.

He stood up, hefted the sack of dog food, and stepped over to the junior officer, "Ma'am, I'm Colin Wainwright, I've worked with Master Telar, I believe I've seen you on the Heart a few times... Should I call Master Telar for help, do you think? And... what did you hit the Exemplar with?"

The young officer looked at you and bowed.
"I am Janet Erickson Sir, and yes I serve as an junior officer on board the Heart of Horizon...if you can get a message to Master Telar that would be wonderful but it would have to be quick the Exemplar is in really bad condition."
She replied.
"It is a weapon based on a gas a Nephandus developed a few years ago in Boston, when this weapon hit an Umbra ship the Ephemera parts starts separating from the physical parts such as the Primium outer hull, it can cripple a ship quite quickly unfortunately it is doing something nasty to this Exemplar."
She explained.
"We never meant to harm him, he was just suddenly there."

[Common Room]

'Master Morgan is busy. He can't be everywhere at once, micro-managing us all. As for rank... sweet Mary, you going to pull that shit right now? Rank don't show how good you are at combat, and you all know it. Okay, I'm only a "Disciple" but fighting is my speciality. All I'm trying to do is quickly put you in even groups, make up for any lack of kit and so on so when the Chief does come here we're all ready for his orders and plans. Instead of standing around doing fuck all like what happens when you're playing The Sims and you turned "Free Will" off.'

Flavian's eyes narrowed.
"Miss Bouchard, when Steelhaven called and said they needed our help we came, and we came willing to risk our lives but what we will not do is be talked to in such a matter by a Disciple overstepping her bounds. I am of a good mind to take my Chantry members and go back home if this is all the respect Steelhaven have for us after asking for our aid!"
He said in a low, dangerous tone of voice and there was a plethora of chatting and angry shouts from among the gathered magi.

Cos five is a good number for a team; any larger and we start getting clogged up in hallways and shit. Also max space in a car.' Nicole replied. 'We can merge two into larger one if-when needed, or wanted by Morgan.'

Ryan who looked rather uncomfortable with all of this arguments sigh.
"Getting people into groups suitable for a car is a good idea but remember there will be more of us since the Chief is sending guys from Steelhaven as well."
The Cultist replied.
"Now let us all settle down and have some coffee...yes I do believe we all need some coffee."
He said as he left the ground and headed for the little table with the coffee maker.

As for mundane weapons, I was going to get to that. That is if folk quit going on about rank and shit for like two minutes.'

"Since you a Disciple seam to think you are in a position of authority over a group that contains several Adepts rank become rather important to discuss Miss Bouchard."
Flavian replied angrily.

'Evening, Professor.' giving him a polite, slightly exaggerated nod; knowing she was for good or ill, the centre of attention. 'Are you willing to put aside rank for one moment, simply for the organising bit of this mission?'

"Good evening young Scientist...yes well as long as the suggestions made makes sense I care little about who make them."
Axel said and he looked around.
"It seams like you are loosing the room though.

Today? Two hostage rescues and one murder attempt.' Nicole replied, a little thrown by this tangent. 'What, you think Morgan would send here someone who knew jack?'

"Like she said. She's gone on a fair few missions today and it was thanks to her planning that that they went smoothly." He said politely. "I was personally a part of two of those missions. It was thanks to her group minded planning that they went smoothly and were able to survive a couple of bumps along the way, even an unexpected visit from the Union."

"Really now and there was no one else of greater skill and ability involved in this planing?"
Flavian said and his dark brown gaze bore into Serge for a while then he returned his attention to Nicole.
"I would not have believe that Master Morgan would though but also I would not have believed of my Sodalis that he would send a rude Disciple to order us around either, this is just not acceptable!"

[Basement]

"...Yes?" he said with a raised eyebrow, glancing at Helena. She had remembered and called him by that name only a few seconds before. So too suddenly have trouble remembering it was a little concerning to Serge. "Are you feeling all right Ms. Mar?"

"Yes...I am sorry for worrying you young man, today I have been on a plane for hours but in several fights been injured twice, attracted Paradox and been running around not had time to eat much from morning until now, I am just running a bit on empty such create brain farts."
Helena said then she added a bit of a wry smile.
"I will be fine with a bit more coffee."

[Steelhaven]

"Thank you. I'm not sure if he's still in a meeting or not. If he is not in his office, he may still be," he replied.

"If such is the case then I can wait until he returns Adley."
Cita said with a nod.

"I will see you soon, ma'am, if you have no other questions,"

"I have no questions at this time so I will see you later kid."
The spirit healer said, it was a bit strange to be called kid by a woman who looked younger than the university students you taught, even if she was old enough to be your grandmother.

he said and excused himself. He checked Ryan and Marion's rooms as he made his way downstairs, and kept an eye out for them.

Ryan and Marian was not in their rooms, when you got downstairs again though and close to the common room as you where heading for the basement you heard rather raised voices from within, it sounded like the reinforcements was not happy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:32 am

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Oh...they sound rather boring dad."
Anna said and she scratched her head.
"I prefer space adventures and fantasy and such."
Colin nodded, "They were designed to never have an episode that concluded the various plots, and they were made to cater to housewives in a manner that was just barely more interesting than staring at the wall while doing cleaning and cooking..."

Anja wrote:"At least if that happens I can go down fighting."
Your apprentice said darkly.
He smiled wryly, "Just like back then..."

Anja wrote:"We don't hope that either of those dreadful twins try something like that again, however I am quite ready to defend myself if they ever do."
Mia replied firmly from your soul.
He smiled darkly, 'We'll just have to try to break them legally before they get it into their heads to try. The puzzle pieces are falling into place...'

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Good luck Sir."
The nurse said then he nodded.
"You can fly both mundane aircraft and Umbra ships then?"
He smiled, "Quite well, if I may say so myself. I might not be the best the Traditions have to offer, but I am possibly in the top ten or twelve percent. Quite certainly top twenty."

Anja wrote:"But one of my friend's sister have a son she wanted to vaccinate when he was seven but she child did not want to go through with it, he was scared and after an hour of trying to get him to sit still they gave up, the nurse gave him a glass of water as he had been screaming and crying quite a bit and later that day the child had a tummy upset and was tired and he did not sleep well that night I bet they put vaccines in the water and he will develop autism, my friend's sister says the boy have started acting a bit differently jumping at loud sounds and not being himself."
The woman protested.
He shook his head, "They don't put vaccines in water... More likely, the poor boy is displaying something akin to PTSD - severely upset by the fear and stress of the day. That... happens. It doesn't have to be war trauma to leave lasting scars..."

Anja wrote:"Please do so if you can Sir...I will even vaccinate her if I have to, she is such a sweet little cat I don't want her to die and my son will be devastated if she dies."
The woman said and she looked up at you pleadingly and then back down at the sick kitten.
He nodded, "I'll miss having her around in the future, then, but I'll make sure to visit you some three years ago, and show you this encounter... Heh, I know where the house is, so that won't be a problem..."

Anja wrote:The young officer looked at you and bowed.
"I am Janet Erickson Sir, and yes I serve as an junior officer on board the Heart of Horizon...if you can get a message to Master Telar that would be wonderful but it would have to be quick the Exemplar is in really bad condition."
She replied.
"It is a weapon based on a gas a Nephandus developed a few years ago in Boston, when this weapon hit an Umbra ship the Ephemera parts starts separating from the physical parts such as the Primium outer hull, it can cripple a ship quite quickly unfortunately it is doing something nasty to this Exemplar."
She explained.
"We never meant to harm him, he was just suddenly there."
He frowned, "I can try, I just hope she's got coverage wherever she is."
He fished out his phone and quickly tapped out a text message to Cita, 'Heart weapons test gone wrong, Exemplar in bad condition from gas weapon.'
He hesitated before sending, "Ah, where is the Heart docked at the moment? Quicker to let her know to go there than to call her here and then head over..."
He frowned, "So, Jace's gas is recovered and used... Bloody hell, that's disgusting. And fascinating. And terrifying..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:16 am

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, I know. Was thinking of using them to plug any skills gaps in the teams. We've got the Subaru and the BMW, throw in my Vic and that's transport for this lot.' giving a glower at the rough direction of Flavian. 'Steelhaven's [Dodge] Caravan seats seven, which means we'll need one, p'haps two more cars.'

Anja's Post:

'Thank you. They are just suggestions; from one who knows we're heading out in...' checking the clock for a moment '-17 minutes and wants us all to be as ready and capable as possible. 'Cos the costs of us failing are really high.'

Anja's Post:

'So, you're perfectly happy to have a complete idiot lead you into battle as long has they have the right rank?' the Etherite shot back. 'And you'd refuse to believe the report of an ambush ahead simply because the one telling you was your junior?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole stared at Flavian for a moment with slightly narrowed eyes; the man seemingly encompassing in her view all what was wrong with the Hermetics; proud as hell, prickly, rank-obsessed and utterly obsolete. Then gave a shrug. 'Fine, whatever. Sort it out all yourselves, then. You win. Have a nice argument about the important shit like rank while ignoring the little things like asking the local gal to scrounge up extra kit for you and shit.' tone quietly dismissive. 'You're all here and I'll make sure there's transport. My tasks are done.' slowly, deliberately turning to pick up her box and leave the room. If these were going to be her last minutes on earth, she didn't want it to be wasted arguing with the likes of Flavian.

[Think she will make some cool kit for Serge at some point. If she survives.]

[I made Steelhaven's minivan a Dodge Caravan. If that's wrong, happy to correct. Nick's the sort who'd be able to ID any car's model within c10 seconds.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next