Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

5 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 3 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:53 pm

[Common Room]

'Yeah, I know. Was thinking of using them to plug any skills gaps in the teams. We've got the Subaru and the BMW, throw in my Vic and that's transport for this lot.' giving a glower at the rough direction of Flavian. 'Steelhaven's [Dodge] Caravan seats seven, which means we'll need one, p'haps two more cars.'

"We can use my car."
Ryan said from where he had escaped to seek refuge from the arguments over at the coffee machine.
"I am sure some of the others will be willing to let us use their vehicle."

Thank you. They are just suggestions; from one who knows we're heading out in...' checking the clock for a moment '-17 minutes and wants us all to be as ready and capable as possible. 'Cos the costs of us failing are really high.'

"That sounds fair enough, where do you want me, I work with beam weapons currently though I have brought a number of my devices."
The elderly Etherite said with a slight nod.
"They are all charged and ready to go."

'So, you're perfectly happy to have a complete idiot lead you into battle as long has they have the right rank?' the Etherite shot back. 'And you'd refuse to believe the report of an ambush ahead simply because the one telling you was your junior?'

"As far as I know Master Morgan is not a complete idiot Miss Bouchard."
Flavian retorted.
"And the Traditions is a meritocracy, rank means merit and you simply do not have the merit. No if one of the younger magi at my Chantry told me about an ambush off course I would take them seriously, if however they tried to order me around I would have them flogged!"
The Hermetic said darkly.

Nicole stared at Flavian for a moment with slightly narrowed eyes; the man seemingly encompassing in her view all what was wrong with the Hermetics; proud as hell, prickly, rank-obsessed and utterly obsolete. Then gave a shrug. 'Fine, whatever. Sort it out all yourselves, then. You win. Have a nice argument about the important shit like rank while ignoring the little things like asking the local gal to scrounge up extra kit for you and shit.' tone quietly dismissive. 'You're all here and I'll make sure there's transport. My tasks are done.' slowly, deliberately turning to pick up her box and leave the room. If these were going to be her last minutes on earth, she didn't want it to be wasted arguing with the likes of Flavian.

"Your behavior is unacceptable rest assure I will have a talk with your superiors about it and that I will advice my Deacon Primus that the next time Chantry Steelhaven ask for aid it is best to refuse."
Flavian said darkly. The visiting mages was still shouting and talking over one another and waving their hands as they reacted to what was going on.
"Ehm...coffee Miss Bouchard?"
Ryan asked, the sensitive man had simply shut the argument out and was busying himself with hot drinks.
"Or tea?"

Outside the room you saw Cita outside of Jeffry's door waiting and Adley was passing by.

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "They were designed to never have an episode that concluded the various plots, and they were made to cater to housewives in a manner that was just barely more interesting than staring at the wall while doing cleaning and cooking..."

"Some anime is like that as well, I have been watching Dragon Ball z, minus some parts of episodes Freddy have edited out, and it just go on and on and on, but at least it have cool magick and powers and aliens and such."
Anna said with a smile.
"Cooking turn out best if one watch it so podcasts or music is better for entertainment while cooking."
She announced.
"Right dad?"

He smiled wryly, "Just like back then..."

Anna looked at you for a moment and she seamed to understand your meaning and she nodded.
"Barring dying peacefully from old age after a long life with your family and friends around you dying while on your feet fighting is the best way to go."
She declared.

He smiled darkly, 'We'll just have to try to break them legally before they get it into their heads to try. The puzzle pieces are falling into place...'

"And break them we will."
Mia said darkly.
"Before they can harm anyone else, you would not believe how many of me have a grudge against that pair."
She added and your heard a broken choir shouting their agreement.

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He smiled, "Quite well, if I may say so myself. I might not be the best the Traditions have to offer, but I am possibly in the top ten or twelve percent. Quite certainly top twenty."

"Ah if so would you have the time to be hired for a quick job Sir?"
The nurse asked.
"We have a patient up on Mt. Lois, and he is starting to get to frail for teleporting. Renting a helicopter and a pilot might be the best way to get to him."
The man requested.

He shook his head, "They don't put vaccines in water... More likely, the poor boy is displaying something akin to PTSD - severely upset by the fear and stress of the day. That... happens. It doesn't have to be war trauma to leave lasting scars..."

"Well I guess the boy was terrified, a few months before this he fell on the payground and they had to examine his spinal fluids for...I don't know why exactly but there was complications, his family was warned the next doctor's appointment could be difficult, but...are you sure they did not put the vaccines in his water?"
The woman asked looking surprised.

He nodded, "I'll miss having her around in the future, then, but I'll make sure to visit you some three years ago, and show you this encounter... Heh, I know where the house is, so that won't be a problem..."

"Thank you. I will be sure to listen to you Sir."
The woman said, and as you made your promise you saw time correcting itself with a living cat and you saw yourself sitting where the woman was sitting now with a large white cat, that looked like it might be an offspring of FruFru's on your lap, waiting for your appointment for the cat's yearly checkup.

He frowned, "I can try, I just hope she's got coverage wherever she is."
He fished out his phone and quickly tapped out a text message to Cita, 'Heart weapons test gone wrong, Exemplar in bad condition from gas weapon.'
He hesitated before sending, "Ah, where is the Heart docked at the moment? Quicker to let her know to go there than to call her here and then head over..."

"The heart if docked in orbit around the realm, the shuttle I took down here are in Dock 4. It was quicker to just take a shuttle down than for the Heart himself to land."
The young officer replied.

He frowned, "So, Jace's gas is recovered and used... Bloody hell, that's disgusting. And fascinating. And terrifying..."

"It was Sir, the gas was retried and Master Telar figured out a way to make it safe for our Avatars but able to be devastating for Umbral ships...appearly it still do damage to a Exemplar though, oh I am so worried that creature is a gentle giant he was just suddenly there...I hope the Master can help him."
She said sounding desperate.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42 - Page 3 Empty Re: Dinner Plans, Sacrifices and Qliphothic Exemplars IC Thread 42

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:30 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Some anime is like that as well, I have been watching Dragon Ball z, minus some parts of episodes Freddy have edited out, and it just go on and on and on, but at least it have cool magick and powers and aliens and such."
Anna said with a smile.
"Cooking turn out best if one watch it so podcasts or music is better for entertainment while cooking."
She announced.
"Right dad?"
Colin nodded, "I find music to be the best; less distraction that way. Bit of an annoyance to find that you've burned the dinner just because you were momentarily focused on the podcast. Or audio book. Those are good, too."

Anja wrote:Anna looked at you for a moment and she seamed to understand your meaning and she nodded.
"Barring dying peacefully from old age after a long life with your family and friends around you dying while on your feet fighting is the best way to go."
She declared.
He nodded, "So it is. House Flambeau has it a little backwards in that respect, but they're not entirely wrong, all the same..."

Anja wrote:"And break them we will."
Mia said darkly.
"Before they can harm anyone else, you would not believe how many of me have a grudge against that pair."
She added and your heard a broken choir shouting their agreement.
He arched an eyebrow, 'Really, now? We should ask them all for advice, should it come to Certamen against Vittoria. I'm sure we could mount a rather unsettling offense against her senses...'

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Ah if so would you have the time to be hired for a quick job Sir?"
The nurse asked.
"We have a patient up on Mt. Lois, and he is starting to get to frail for teleporting. Renting a helicopter and a pilot might be the best way to get to him."
The man requested.
He nodded, "Depends on when - if you mean right now, certainly I could fit that in. If you mean to keep me on call for general occasions, I don't currently live on Horizon, meaning the commute would be impractical."

Anja wrote:"Well I guess the boy was terrified, a few months before this he fell on the payground and they had to examine his spinal fluids for...I don't know why exactly but there was complications, his family was warned the next doctor's appointment could be difficult, but...are you sure they did not put the vaccines in his water?"
The woman asked looking surprised.
He arched an eyebrow, "I'm no doctor, but if they checked his spinal fluids, they would have been worried about something extremely dangerous - barring that bloody Wallace Jace, a few years back, doctors don't poke holes in people's spines for the fun of it. There's always a risk of paralysis with that procedure, so they only do it if they fear something worse. So yes, I am quite sure they did not add vaccines to the water."
He frowned, "At a guess... they suspected meningitis or a brain tumor... which would both account for behavioral changes..."

Anja wrote:"Thank you. I will be sure to listen to you Sir."
The woman said, and as you made your promise you saw time correcting itself with a living cat and you saw yourself sitting where the woman was sitting now with a large white cat, that looked like it might be an offspring of FruFru's on your lap, waiting for your appointment for the cat's yearly checkup.
He nodded, "I'll be glad... ah, right, that's good, then... isn't it, floofy? That's going to be an interesting conversation..."

Anja wrote:"The heart if docked in orbit around the realm, the shuttle I took down here are in Dock 4. It was quicker to just take a shuttle down than for the Heart himself to land."
The young officer replied.
He nodded, "Of course," and finished the message with 'Stationed in orbit over Horizon, please attend as quickly as possible. Keep me posted?'

Anja wrote:"It was Sir, the gas was retried and Master Telar figured out a way to make it safe for our Avatars but able to be devastating for Umbral ships...appearly it still do damage to a Exemplar though, oh I am so worried that creature is a gentle giant he was just suddenly there...I hope the Master can help him."
She said sounding desperate.
He nodded, "If anyone can, it's her; she's the best since Heylel Teomim themselves... Possibly better. Though she might not be willing to accept that praise."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:18 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin nodded, "I find music to be the best; less distraction that way. Bit of an annoyance to find that you've burned the dinner just because you were momentarily focused on the podcast. Or audio book. Those are good, too."

"Yeah I get that dad but podcasts and audio books can be more fun."
Anna protested.

He nodded, "So it is. House Flambeau has it a little backwards in that respect, but they're not entirely wrong, all the same..."

"Yeah...the Flambeau want to go out in a blaze of glory, I would rather live a long and happy life but if you have to die it might as well be on your own terms."
Your apprentice replied with a nod.

He arched an eyebrow, 'Really, now? We should ask them all for advice, should it come to Certamen against Vittoria. I'm sure we could mount a rather unsettling offense against her senses...'

"Quite a few of them are Hermetics, the Order of Hermes use that damnable ritual more than any two other Traditions combined, and I am quite sure the rest of me would be willing to help."
Mia said smugly.
"It might give the D'Angelo twins a bit of a surprise."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He nodded, "Depends on when - if you mean right now, certainly I could fit that in. If you mean to keep me on call for general occasions, I don't currently live on Horizon, meaning the commute would be impractical."

"Whenever you have time within a few days at most Sir."
The nurse said.
"It would be quite helpful, the patient is a very old, frail dragon who can no longer fly, he needs regular check ups and treatments of complications of old age but getting to him can be hard. We have gotten a rapport that he have been seen limping this need to be examined."

He arched an eyebrow, "I'm no doctor, but if they checked his spinal fluids, they would have been worried about something extremely dangerous - barring that bloody Wallace Jace, a few years back, doctors don't poke holes in people's spines for the fun of it. There's always a risk of paralysis with that procedure, so they only do it if they fear something worse. So yes, I am quite sure they did not add vaccines to the water."
He frowned, "At a guess... they suspected meningitis or a brain tumor... which would both account for behavioral changes..."

"From what I was told the boy suddenly fell on the playground and hit his head, by the time they got to the emergency room he had a high fever and no one could figure out why and the doctors was getting desperate."
Melon's owner explained.

He nodded, "I'll be glad... ah, right, that's good, then... isn't it, floofy? That's going to be an interesting conversation..."

The woman looked rather confused as the future memory of the large, white cat settled in.
"I...am not quite sure I understand my good man."

He nodded, "Of course," and finished the message with 'Stationed in orbit over Horizon, please attend as quickly as possible. Keep me posted?'

You got a reply back from Cita.
"Dammit I will be right there. The weapon was developed to stagger an Exemplar back in 2015, you gave me the idea actually, I will see what I can do, the effect should be temporary, hopefully not to much damage have been done."

He nodded, "If anyone can, it's her; she's the best since Heylel Teomim themselves... Possibly better. Though she might not be willing to accept that praise."

"She is very skilled I hear, from what I was told Sir a canister of the gas...or was it canisters, anyway they was found in this crazy ghost that used to be a Nephandus old lab and Master Telar modified it with Resonance from a lich, a real Hermetic lich, can you believe it, and this created a blast that knocked a Fallen Exemplar out for hours without being a danger to Avatars, something like that and then she developed it further into the weapon we used today...oh I hope she can help that poor exemplar, we never meant to hit him...the Captain is beating himself up over it...poor exemplar...he came right into our line of fire though he must have seen us, it is almost like he wanted to get hit but that is not possible..."

And with that you where back in your kitchen. Freddy had asked Anna to help her care for the food as she frankly was a disaster in the kitchen, something that made George chuckle as he payed with tossing a rubber toy to Jareth, the owl catching it in the air and returning it to him every time seaming to enjoying the game and Yu Die was finishing up with the salad and putting it on the table. You could still smell the faint scent of brushed and shampooed cat fur from your new future companion.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:31 pm

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'Thanks. Keys?' trying to remember who else had a suitable car which might be usable for the mission.

Anja's Post:

Nicole shook her head to this; she wasn't thirsty at the moment and the last thing you wanted halfway through a mission was the need to use a bathroom.

Anja's Post:

'No idea, I'm afraid. I'm unable to suggest anything.' Nicole replied politely, though a clear jab at the rank-obsessives like Flavian. 'You two need anything?' looking from the guy to the other Scientist; at very least she could "look after her own".

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, save giving a look which made it clear she knew he was missing the point entirely and on purpose - that rank did not directly translate to either experience or skill in direct combat.

Anja's Post:

'Complain because you've got your way? How odd.' Nicole replied brightly to Flavian, holding her cargo. 'But you think you'll be sitting pretty in Worcester if Boston gets levelled or falls? It's only like thirty mile out.'

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to Adley, still carrying her box, then did a double take on seeing Cita. 'Can I ask a favour? I need a way to be able to see the invisible critters like ghosts on the attack, and I remember someone mentioning that you were an expert in that area...' she said politely to the Adept, knowing full well they had no reason to help.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:44 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I get that dad but podcasts and audio books can be more fun."
Anna protested.
Colin smiled, "Whatever you prefer is perfectly fine; I'm not judging, I just pointed out what works best for my old self."

Anja wrote:"Quite a few of them are Hermetics, the Order of Hermes use that damnable ritual more than any two other Traditions combined, and I am quite sure the rest of me would be willing to help."
Mia said smugly.
"It might give the D'Angelo twins a bit of a surprise."
He grinned darkly, possibly looking a bit unsettling for the people in the room, 'Many bits of surprise, I should say...'

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Whenever you have time within a few days at most Sir."
The nurse said.
"It would be quite helpful, the patient is a very old, frail dragon who can no longer fly, he needs regular check ups and treatments of complications of old age but getting to him can be hard. We have gotten a rapport that he have been seen limping this need to be examined."
He paused for a moment, "Large cargo helicopter, then, unless he can shrink to fit in a human seat... But certainly; let me know if you can get a suitable craft available for tomorrow?"

Anja wrote:"From what I was told the boy suddenly fell on the playground and hit his head, by the time they got to the emergency room he had a high fever and no one could figure out why and the doctors was getting desperate."
Melon's owner explained.
He nodded, "That... does sound like meningitis..."

Anja wrote:The woman looked rather confused as the future memory of the large, white cat settled in.
"I...am not quite sure I understand my good man."
He shook his head, "My apologies, ma'am, I just changed history a little, saved a kitten's life. I'm sure a certain wrinkly old man will be stopping by for tea and a mint candy soon enough."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back from Cita.
"Dammit I will be right there. The weapon was developed to stagger an Exemplar back in 2015, you gave me the idea actually, I will see what I can do, the effect should be temporary, hopefully not to much damage have been done."
He smiled wryly, "Of course I did... Miss Erickson, Master Telar is en route. The effect should be temporary, but it's unpleasant nonetheless..."

Anja wrote:"She is very skilled I hear, from what I was told Sir a canister of the gas...or was it canisters, anyway they was found in this crazy ghost that used to be a Nephandus old lab and Master Telar modified it with Resonance from a lich, a real Hermetic lich, can you believe it, and this created a blast that knocked a Fallen Exemplar out for hours without being a danger to Avatars, something like that and then she developed it further into the weapon we used today...oh I hope she can help that poor exemplar, we never meant to hit him...the Captain is beating himself up over it...poor exemplar...he came right into our line of fire though he must have seen us, it is almost like he wanted to get hit but that is not possible..."
He nodded, "I know, I was part of the war against the bastard Wallace Jace... He was captured, gilguled, and executed, and then the bastard recruited help to return to Boston and make life miserable for us again. I missed the actual strike on his laboratory, though, since I was tending to fighting the artificial plague he'd created at the time... Hum, the Exemplar may have decided to take one for the team. Do you know who they were as a mortal Mage, perhaps?"

Anja wrote:And with that you where back in your kitchen. Freddy had asked Anna to help her care for the food as she frankly was a disaster in the kitchen, something that made George chuckle as he payed with tossing a rubber toy to Jareth, the owl catching it in the air and returning it to him every time seaming to enjoying the game and Yu Die was finishing up with the salad and putting it on the table. You could still smell the faint scent of brushed and shampooed cat fur from your new future companion.
He paused, "Hum, so that's it... I need to write a message and send it to Master Telar right away; teleportation out of the bubble should work better than the phone, I expect?"
He quickly jotted down in his notebook, 'What would Wallace Jace's Avatar-expelling gas do to an Exemplar? Especially if enhanced with, say, the extremely Static resonance of someone like Lady Crexia?'
Then he tore out the page, folded it, wrote 'To Master Telar' on the back, and carefully teleported it into Adley's hands.

((OOC: So, quick dropoff, Corr2 - Arete rolls: 2,3,8 - 3,5,8. Hope that's enough.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:18 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Really now and there was no one else of greater skill and ability involved in this planing?"
Flavian said and his dark brown gaze bore into Serge for a while then he returned his attention to Nicole.
"I would not have believe that Master Morgan would though but also I would not have believed of my Sodalis that he would send a rude Disciple to order us around either, this is just not acceptable!"
Nicole wrote:Nicole stared at Flavian for a moment with slightly narrowed eyes; the man seemingly encompassing in her view all what was wrong with the Hermetics; proud as hell, prickly, rank-obsessed and utterly obsolete. Then gave a shrug. 'Fine, whatever. Sort it out all yourselves, then. You win. Have a nice argument about the important shit like rank while ignoring the little things like asking the local gal to scrounge up extra kit for you and shit.' tone quietly dismissive. 'You're all here and I'll make sure there's transport. My tasks are done.' slowly, deliberately turning to pick up her box and leave the room. If these were going to be her last minutes on earth, she didn't want it to be wasted arguing with the likes of Flavian.

Serge watched Nicole storm off and sighed, glancing back at Flavian. "There was one other Adept who was a part of one of the mission. However the planning was largely done by Ms. Bouchard. I apologize if the situation isn't too your liking. Master Morgan should be arriving shortly after his meeting." he said politely, his outward demeanor formal and proper although their was a hidden annoyance within him that wasn't too dissimilar to Nicole's own outward annoyance.

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Yes...I am sorry for worrying you young man, today I have been on a plane for hours but in several fights been injured twice, attracted Paradox and been running around not had time to eat much from morning until now, I am just running a bit on empty such create brain farts."
Helena said then she added a bit of a wry smile.
"I will be fine with a bit more coffee."

"I know how you feel. I'm in a similar boat. Haven't eaten anything since this morning." Serge said with an empathetic smile as the duo made their way to an empty ritual room. "There's a plate of pasta somewhere in this basement. My chantrymate sent it for me when I was watching Lita but I haven't had the time to eat it. You can have it if you want. You've been working a lot harder than I have. "
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:12 pm

[Steelhaven]

"If such is the case then I can wait until he returns Adley."
Cita said with a nod.

"That might be after he talks to those going, if you have anything you need," he added before they parted.

"I have no questions at this time so I will see you later kid."
The spirit healer said, it was a bit strange to be called kid by a woman who looked younger than the university students you taught, even if she was old enough to be your grandmother.

He blinked - he was used to Serge being called 'kid' now. He nodded to her as the headed downstairs together.

Ryan and Marian was not in their rooms, when you got downstairs again though and close to the common room as you where heading for the basement you heard rather raised voices from within, it sounded like the reinforcements was not happy.

A frown appeared on his face and he started hearing a cacophony of voices, stepping further into the common room to see what the hell was going on.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:43 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin smiled, "Whatever you prefer is perfectly fine; I'm not judging, I just pointed out what works best for my old self."

"Perhaps you are just old dad."
Anna teased.

He grinned darkly, possibly looking a bit unsettling for the people in the room, 'Many bits of surprise, I should say...'

"Oh indeed so little bits of surprise for the dear Soul Renders."
Mia replied darkly. George looked at you as you spoke with your Avatar and she raised an eyebrow.

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He paused for a moment, "Large cargo helicopter, then, unless he can shrink to fit in a human seat... But certainly; let me know if you can get a suitable craft available for tomorrow?"

"No he can not shrink I fear so a large cargo helicopter it is."
The nurse said with a nod.
"I should be able to arrange it, if you can leave me your number I can call you as soon as I know Sir."

He nodded, "That... does sound like meningitis..."

"Oh my that do sound quite serious, poor little boy."
Melon's owner replied with a frown.

He shook his head, "My apologies, ma'am, I just changed history a little, saved a kitten's life. I'm sure a certain wrinkly old man will be stopping by for tea and a mint candy soon enough."

"You will manage to save Melon Sir?"
The woman asked hopefully.
"Wrinkle? the Wrinkle?"
She asked sounding horrified when she realized what you had just said.

He smiled wryly, "Of course I did... Miss Erickson, Master Telar is en route. The effect should be temporary, but it's unpleasant nonetheless..."

"Thank you Sir...that is big relief..."
The young officer said breathing a sigh of relief and looking at you gratefully.
"Yes I hope the Exemplar gets help."

He nodded, "I know, I was part of the war against the bastard Wallace Jace... He was captured, gilguled, and executed, and then the bastard recruited help to return to Boston and make life miserable for us again. I missed the actual strike on his laboratory, though, since I was tending to fighting the artificial plague he'd created at the time... Hum, the Exemplar may have decided to take one for the team. Do you know who they were as a mortal Mage, perhaps?"

"You where part of taking Wallace Jace down Sir?"
The young officer said sounding rather impressed.
"I don't know. I know that he is an Exemplar of Forces just like the one who was fought in Boston so he might have been a Hermetic, but why would him getting himself injured help anyone?"
The woman asked sounding confused.

He paused, "Hum, so that's it... I need to write a message and send it to Master Telar right away; teleportation out of the bubble should work better than the phone, I expect?"

"Yes that would be so Mr Wainwright."
George said he did not sound surprised.

He quickly jotted down in his notebook, 'What would Wallace Jace's Avatar-expelling gas do to an Exemplar? Especially if enhanced with, say, the extremely Static resonance of someone like Lady Crexia?'
Then he tore out the page, folded it, wrote 'To Master Telar' on the back, and carefully teleported it into Adley's hands.

You teleported the note outside of the time bubble as this was rather tricky you did not manage to place it into Adley's hands but rather it appeared out of nowhere in front of him, it is raining notes.
"Did you learn anything useful love?"
Freddy asked then she added sounding concerned.
"You are okey right Colin?"

[Common Room]

[quote][Thanks. Keys?' trying to remember who else had a suitable car which might be usable for the mission./quote]

Several did, Master Morgan for example had a car that would work well. Ryan nodded and he tossed his car keys to you they are on a keychain decorated with a plastic, glitter, bright purple teddy bear on it.

Nicole shook her head to this; she wasn't thirsty at the moment and the last thing you wanted halfway through a mission was the need to use a bathroom.

The Cultist shrugged and filled a cup for himself then he started passing around cups of coffee and tea.

No idea, I'm afraid. I'm unable to suggest anything.' Nicole replied politely, though a clear jab at the rank-obsessives like Flavian. 'You two need anything?' looking from the guy to the other Scientist; at very least she could "look after her own".

"I do believe that what Florian said was for you not to order him around Miss Bouchard not that you could not make suggestions."
The Elderly Etherite replied.
"No I have what I need but that you."
He said and the guy you knew from before did the same.
"I brought along what I need thanks."

'Complain because you've got your way? How odd.' Nicole replied brightly to Flavian, holding her cargo. 'But you think you'll be sitting pretty in Worcester if Boston gets levelled or falls? It's only like thirty mile out.'

"It is your attitude which is the problem Miss Bouchard."
Flavian said evenly.
"And we are here to assist but in the future we will expect a earnest apology from your Chantry for this if you are ever to get our aid again."

A frown appeared on his face and he started hearing a cacophony of voices, stepping further into the common room to see what the hell was going on.

You passed Nicole on your way into the common room and heard a man you had seen at Hermetic meet ups, you think he is a Tytalus complain that he thought the magi of Steelhaven had better manners. An elderly man dressed in tweed and Ryan tried to spread around coffee and tea to soothe the tempers of the gathered reinforcement but for now it did not seam to work and Ryan looked rather uncomfortable.
"I will never come to this place again, I have never been so insulted!"
The Tytalus grumbled and a red haired woman standing next to him nodded. You think these magi was from Chantry Blue Rose in Worcester. Suddenly a note came out of nowhere and fell down right in front of you, it was raining notes. None of the angry mages where noticing it.

Serge watched Nicole storm off and sighed, glancing back at Flavian. "There was one other Adept who was a part of one of the mission. However the planning was largely done by Ms. Bouchard. I apologize if the situation isn't too your liking. Master Morgan should be arriving shortly after his meeting." he said politely, his outward demeanor formal and proper although their was a hidden annoyance within him that wasn't too dissimilar to Nicole's own outward annoyance.

"Somehow I doubt that this cretin was the main planner behind such a successful mission but even if she was that hardly give a mere Disciple the right to Order me and my Chantrymates or members of my neighboring Chantry of greater rank around."
Flavian said darkly.

[Chantry]

That might be after he talks to those going, if you have anything you need," he added before they parted.

"I do, I just have to update your Mentor on a few things Adley.
Cita said.
"But thank you for asking."
She added with a smile as she headed to the Security Office.

He blinked - he was used to Serge being called 'kid' now. He nodded to her as the headed downstairs together.

This made Cita chuckle a little bit.

Nicole gave a nod to Adley, still carrying her box, then did a double take on seeing Cita. 'Can I ask a favour? I need a way to be able to see the invisible critters like ghosts on the attack, and I remember someone mentioning that you were an expert in that area...' she said politely to the Adept, knowing full well they had no reason to help.

"Oh...Master Morgan is more of an expert than me when it comes to such entities but I guess I have my ways."
Cita said with a slight smile.
"It should be no problem I can add a script to your eyes if you want, it should last you a few days."
The young looking Virtual Adept offered and she put a stack of books she was holding on a side table so she could grab her phone and she looked at you again.
"If you will allow me...ehm...Scientist Bouchard was it?"

[Basement]

I know how you feel. I'm in a similar boat. Haven't eaten anything since this morning." Serge said with an empathetic smile as the duo made their way to an empty ritual room. "There's a plate of pasta somewhere in this basement. My chantrymate sent it for me when I was watching Lita but I haven't had the time to eat it. You can have it if you want. You've been working a lot harder than I have. "

"Thank you but you need food as well Mr Yager."
Helena said with a smile.
"And the Nephandi sure keep us busy, we should demand overtime pay eh."
She joked as you got down to the ritual rooms, all three of them where free right now though both labs was marked as busy.
"What if you help me with these protections and we go and raid the kitchen before the ehm...raid..."
The Hermetic suggested.

(OOC: Completely ok about the Chantry car.)
(OOC 2: Now my Firefox is acting up as well.)
(OOC 3: Sorry got distracted by Spyro the Dragon, the game still holds up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:04 pm

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps you are just old dad."
Anna teased.
Colin grinned, "There're a few good years in this body yet."

Anja wrote:"Oh indeed so little bits of surprise for the dear Soul Renders."
Mia replied darkly. George looked at you as you spoke with your Avatar and she raised an eyebrow.
He cleared his throat, meeting George's look, "Ah, my apologies... Mia had some words of... wisdom."

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"No he can not shrink I fear so a large cargo helicopter it is."
The nurse said with a nod.
"I should be able to arrange it, if you can leave me your number I can call you as soon as I know Sir."
He nodded and smoothly slid a business card across the counter, one of the ones with his personal number instead of that of the shop, "Certainly. I should be around for a couple of days more."

Anja wrote:"Oh my that do sound quite serious, poor little boy."
Melon's owner replied with a frown.
He frowned, "Very serious... and, tragically enough, vaccine-preventable."

Anja wrote:"You will manage to save Melon Sir?"
The woman asked hopefully.
"Wrinkle? the Wrinkle?"
She asked sounding horrified when she realized what you had just said.
He nodded, "I believe I will. And yes, him. He's quite the polite old gent, and gave me an excellent recommendation for a tea blend. He is, of course, not someone to cross lightly, but he is willing to negotiate a solution, instead of punishing an accidental trespass immediately. Thank goodness."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Sir...that is big relief..."
The young officer said breathing a sigh of relief and looking at you gratefully.
"Yes I hope the Exemplar gets help."
He nodded.

Anja wrote:"You where part of taking Wallace Jace down Sir?"
The young officer said sounding rather impressed.
"I don't know. I know that he is an Exemplar of Forces just like the one who was fought in Boston so he might have been a Hermetic, but why would him getting himself injured help anyone?"
The woman asked sounding confused.
He frowned, then chuckled, "Because he may well have known I'd be here, in a small time loop back to the day we fought the Exemplar in Boston. I don't know about you, but I would gladly take a bullet if it meant taking down a Labyrinth."

[Back in the present]
Anja wrote:You teleported the note outside of the time bubble as this was rather tricky you did not manage to place it into Adley's hands but rather it appeared out of nowhere in front of him, it is raining notes.
"Did you learn anything useful love?"
Freddy asked then she added sounding concerned.
"You are okey right Colin?"
He frowned, "Hm, aim's a bit tricky due to time dilation... as expected. At least it arrived intact."
He smiled wryly as he came over to take over in the kitchen, "I did learn something useful: how to severely inconvenience an Exemplar. Also, I'm afraid we'll have to get a living cat instead of the ghost kitten haunting our future house - I'll get to save little Melon's life instead. I can't really claim to be sorry about that..."

((OOC: Not a problem, classics are classics for a reason.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:22 pm

[Steelhaven]

You passed Nicole on your way into the common room and heard a man you had seen at Hermetic meet ups, you think he is a Tytalus complain that he thought the magi of Steelhaven had better manners. An elderly man dressed in tweed and Ryan tried to spread around coffee and tea to soothe the tempers of the gathered reinforcement but for now it did not seam to work and Ryan looked rather uncomfortable. "I will never come to this place again, I have never been so insulted!" The Tytalus grumbled and a red haired woman standing next to him nodded. You think these magi was from Chantry Blue Rose in Worcester. Suddenly a note came out of nowhere and fell down right in front of you, it was raining notes..

"Pardon me, sodales, I am Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau, Adeptus within the Order and Disciple within the Traditions as a whole, filius Jeffry Morgan," he said with a respectful nod. I am sorry that you have had troubles in your arrival's coordination. My pater will be here, soon, and hopefully all will be made clearer," he began. As he spoke, trying to see if he could curb the Tytalus's temper, suddenly there was a note fluttering down in front of him out of nowhere. He raised an eyebrow and picked it up, seeing Cita's name on it. "Please excuse me, I shall be right back to see if I may assist, it seems I have a message to deliver..." he said, and gave them a respect as he hurried back to where he knew Cita would be. As he went, he spotted Ryan as well, looking rather unhappy - if Serge was still in the room when he got there, he nodded to him as well and addressed him with the group he addressed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:28 pm

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.' she replied, slipping the keys into a pocket.

Anja's Post:

'Only because nobody else was doing anything.' Nicole replied.

Anja's Post:

'Now we hit the important bit.' Nicole replied with icy politeness. 'I salute your superior rank, sir, and apologise for trying to "take command" from a superior who had neither shown themselves to be such or had taken command themselves. I'll leave you to organise the teams, sir.' ending with a cold, little smile.

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Yes, it's Bouchard.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'Could you do that... script to a pair of glasses I picked up for this?'

[Nicole has a point... if the Tytalus was more competent, Nicole wouldn't have done what she did. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:52 pm

[Casa Wainwright]

Colin grinned, "There're a few good years in this body yet."

"I hope so dad, you are still pretty old though."
Anna said with a grin and she hugged you.

He cleared his throat, meeting George's look, "Ah, my apologies... Mia had some words of... wisdom."

"Well by all means don't let me intrude on such a private conversation."
The Primus said still with a raised eyebrow.

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

He nodded and smoothly slid a business card across the counter, one of the ones with his personal number instead of that of the shop, "Certainly. I should be around for a couple of days more."

"Thank you Sir I will give you a call as soon as possible then."
The nurse said as he took the card and looked at it.

He frowned, "Very serious... and, tragically enough, vaccine-preventable."

"I well...my mother never vaccinated me and I have never gotten seriously sick, I use healing magick."
The woman said with a frown.
"It just did not work so well with Melon."

He nodded, "I believe I will. And yes, him. He's quite the polite old gent, and gave me an excellent recommendation for a tea blend. He is, of course, not someone to cross lightly, but he is willing to negotiate a solution, instead of punishing an accidental trespass immediately. Thank goodness."

"I think I shall prefer to avoid the attention of Paradox spirits, one of the nice things of living on Horizon and not on Earth."
Melon's owner said sounding rather skeptical.

He frowned, then chuckled, "Because he may well have known I'd be here, in a small time loop back to the day we fought the Exemplar in Boston. I don't know about you, but I would gladly take a bullet if it meant taking down a Labyrinth."

"I don't understand Sir..."
The young officer said her eyes growing wider.
"A time look, off course I would take a bullet to stop the Nephandi but...how do this Exemplar getting hurt help anyone?"

[Back in the present]

He frowned, "Hm, aim's a bit tricky due to time dilation... as expected. At least it arrived intact."

Freddy raised an eyebrow at that but she did not say anything, teleporting was her specialty after all.

He smiled wryly as he came over to take over in the kitchen, "I did learn something useful: how to severely inconvenience an Exemplar.

"That would be exactly what we need."
The young Virtual Adept commented.

Also, I'm afraid we'll have to get a living cat instead of the ghost kitten haunting our future house - I'll get to save little Melon's life instead. I can't really claim to be sorry about that..."

"You are going to save the ghost cat's life dad? That is great."
Anna chimed in.
"And we are getting a living cat instead? That is cool...what sort of cat?"

[Steelhaven]

'Thanks.' she replied, slipping the keys into a pocket.

"You are welcome."
The Cultist said still looking rather uncomfortable.

'Only because nobody else was doing anything.' Nicole replied.

"That might be so Scientist Bouchard but remember many in the Traditions stand on formalities."
The patient old Etherite explained.
"For good or for ill."

'Now we hit the important bit.' Nicole replied with icy politeness. 'I salute your superior rank, sir, and apologise for trying to "take command" from a superior who had neither shown themselves to be such or had taken command themselves. I'll leave you to organise the teams, sir.' ending with a cold, little smile.

The Hermetic simply gave you a stern look and said.
"Good."
He did not seam to think you worthy of being spoken to anymore and he gave you a dismissive gesture.

Pardon me, sodales, I am Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau, Adeptus within the Order and Disciple within the Traditions as a whole, filius Jeffry Morgan," he said with a respectful nod. I am sorry that you have had troubles in your arrival's coordination. My pater will be here, soon, and hopefully all will be made clearer," he began.

The Tytalus turned around towards you.
"I am Flavian Clove Hermes bani Tytalus fili Antonius of Morningstar. Adept withing the Tradition ranking system, Adeptus Major within our own...and I have never been so insulted in my life we have come to aid your Chantry at the request of Master Morgan and we are met by this dreadful Etherite woman who had the nerve to order her betters around, I demand an apology!"
The Tytalus exploded in words, not literary, that happened to at times.

As he spoke, trying to see if he could curb the Tytalus's temper, suddenly there was a note fluttering down in front of him out of nowhere. He raised an eyebrow and picked it up, seeing Cita's name on it. "Please excuse me, I shall be right back to see if I may assist, it seems I have a message to deliver..." he said, and gave them a respect as he hurried back to where he knew Cita would be. As he went, he spotted Ryan as well, looking rather unhappy - if Serge was still in the room when he got there, he nodded to him as well and addressed him with the group he addressed.

"I...I...well I guess I can wait for a short time Sodalis."
The angry Tytalous said in a huff. Ryan gave you an unhappy look at being in the center of such hostility. You got back to where you had seen Cita, she was still waiting standing there talking with Nicole.

Yes, it's Bouchard.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'Could you do that... script to a pair of glasses I picked up for this?'

"Certainly, do you have the glasses on you Scientist Bouchard?"
Cita asked.

(OOC: It is Flavian I see I gave him the wrong name earlier the problem with watching French TV series while posting.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:15 pm

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

'Or dead.' Nicole quipped, giving a raised eyebrow. 'Don't want good people to snuff it just 'cos someone got a bruised ego.' making it clear that the Scientist's intention was at least honourable.

Anja's Post:

Nicole left the room, with a clear "screw you then" demeanour.

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, they're in my bag.' putting down the box and fishing the pair out; a rather geeky-looking pair with a thick black plastic frame.

[Flavian or Florian? Made me wonder if I was not paying enough attention...]

[I wonder how many characters noted the stealth insult in the apology. *tongue*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:29 pm

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"I well...my mother never vaccinated me and I have never gotten seriously sick, I use healing magick."
The woman said with a frown.
"It just did not work so well with Melon."
Colin shook his head, "An ounce of prevention..."

Anja wrote:"I think I shall prefer to avoid the attention of Paradox spirits, one of the nice things of living on Horizon and not on Earth."
Melon's owner said sounding rather skeptical.
He smiled thinly, "Wise decision."

Anja wrote:"I don't understand Sir..."
The young officer said her eyes growing wider.
"A time look, off course I would take a bullet to stop the Nephandi but...how do this Exemplar getting hurt help anyone?"
He smiled, tapping the side of his nose, "Because up to now, I didn't know to tell Master Telar that the gas could work on Exemplars... and if I hadn't suggested it to her three years ago, we wouldn't have seized and used it, and she wouldn't have installed it on the Heart, and you wouldn't have hurt this Exemplar, so I wouldn't have been told just now... Don't worry if it confuses you, I get that even from some Cultists."

[Back in the present]
Anja wrote:Freddy raised an eyebrow at that but she did not say anything, teleporting was her specialty after all.
He smiled wryly, "Oh, don't give me that look, luv, I've got to get the hang of it, too, and this was under reasonably good training conditions."

Anja wrote:"That would be exactly what we need."
The young Virtual Adept commented.
He grimaced, "Yes, and it'll all be thanks to Wallace bloody Jace..."

Anja wrote:"You are going to save the ghost cat's life dad? That is great."
Anna chimed in.
"And we are getting a living cat instead? That is cool...what sort of cat?"
He smiled, thinking back to the future, "I think... a living one, with four legs, a tail, and fur."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 pm

[Common Room]

'Or dead.' Nicole quipped, giving a raised eyebrow. 'Don't want good people to snuff it just 'cos someone got a bruised ego.' making it clear that the Scientist's intention was at least honourable.

"One more remark like that young lady and I will challenge you to a duel."
Flavian said angrily. The old Etherite sigh and shook his head.

Nicole left the room, with a clear "screw you then" demeanour.

You do not think this makes the gathered magi more positively inclined towards you.

[Chantry]

'Yeah, they're in my bag.' putting down the box and fishing the pair out; a rather geeky-looking pair with a thick black plastic frame.

Cita nodded she held her hand out for the glasses and once she had them she tapped at her phone activating an app then she gave you the glasses back.
"That should do it Scientist Bouchard."
The spirit healer said kindly.

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

Colin shook his head, "An ounce of prevention..."

"But what if that prevention makes you more sick or something? Or damages your Avatar?"
The woman asked and this made the nurse at the counter roll his eyes though he was to polite to say anything.

He smiled thinly, "Wise decision."

Melon's owner nodded at that, she looked a bit shocked at the way you spoke about Wrinkle.

He smiled, tapping the side of his nose, "Because up to now, I didn't know to tell Master Telar that the gas could work on Exemplars... and if I hadn't suggested it to her three years ago, we wouldn't have seized and used it, and she wouldn't have installed it on the Heart, and you wouldn't have hurt this Exemplar, so I wouldn't have been told just now... Don't worry if it confuses you, I get that even from some Cultists."

"I think I sort of get it Sir but...even so that sort of give me a headache."
The young officer declared.
"Well that would explain why the Exemplar walked into our line of fire but even so...ehm what happens if one of the links in this loop breaks?"

[Back in the present]

He smiled wryly, "Oh, don't give me that look, luv, I've got to get the hang of it, too, and this was under reasonably good training conditions."

"Well...ehm that is true enough love and we all need to work to improve our skills."
Freddy agreed.
"I am still better at you at teleporting though."
She teased.

He grimaced, "Yes, and it'll all be thanks to Wallace bloody Jace..."

"We will be sure to let him know he had a hand in his own undoing before we remove him as a problem."
George declared darkly.

He smiled, thinking back to the future, "I think... a living one, with four legs, a tail, and fur."

"That is good enough for me dad, cats are cute."
Anna declared with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Somehow I doubt that this cretin was the main planner behind such a successful mission but even if she was that hardly give a mere Disciple the right to Order me and my Chantrymates or members of my neighboring Chantry of greater rank around."
Flavian said darkly.
Adley wrote:"Pardon me, sodales, I am Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau, Adeptus within the Order and Disciple within the Traditions as a whole, filius Jeffry Morgan," he said with a respectful nod. I am sorry that you have had troubles in your arrival's coordination. My pater will be here, soon, and hopefully all will be made clearer," he began. As he spoke, trying to see if he could curb the Tytalus's temper, suddenly there was a note fluttering down in front of him out of nowhere. He raised an eyebrow and picked it up, seeing Cita's name on it. "Please excuse me, I shall be right back to see if I may assist, it seems I have a message to deliver..." he said, and gave them a respect as he hurried back to where he knew Cita would be. As he went, he spotted Ryan as well, looking rather unhappy - if Serge was still in the room when he got there, he nodded to him as well and addressed him with the group he addressed.

Serge nodded towards Adley as well, grateful that he had arrived to smooth things over and a little saddened when he had to leave so soon. He gave Flavian a polite nod as well, "Very well Sir. I should get going. I wish you luck on your mission."

[Basement]

Anja wrote:"Thank you but you need food as well Mr Yager."
Helena said with a smile.
"And the Nephandi sure keep us busy, we should demand overtime pay eh."
She joked as you got down to the ritual rooms, all three of them where free right now though both labs was marked as busy.
"What if you help me with these protections and we go and raid the kitchen before the ehm...raid..."
The Hermetic suggested.

"Think we need to be paid first before we can ask for overtime." Serge said with a chuckle. "Yeah I can go for some food. Need the energy to make this ward that Master Morgan wants."

Serge looked at the ritual room and began to point at them sequentially, "Eenie, meenie, minie, that one." he said promptly entering the empty ritual room that his finger landed upon and gesturing Helena to follow him inside.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:54 pm

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"But what if that prevention makes you more sick or something? Or damages your Avatar?"
The woman asked and this made the nurse at the counter roll his eyes though he was to polite to say anything.
Colin shook his head, "Aside from serious allergic reactions, which is something like a handful out of a million people, the most people suffer from vaccines is a very, very light bout of mild flu-like symptoms after a flu shot. Vaccines are so thoroughly tested before they're distributed, they are literally safer than breathing air. As for damage to your Avatar... Please believe me when I say that there is very, very little in all Creation able to damage an Avatar. You may have heard of all the dangerous substances in vaccines, like formaldehyde, mercury, and aluminium, but the truth is, the same trace particles occur in higher dosages in a freshly picked apple."

Anja wrote:"I think I sort of get it Sir but...even so that sort of give me a headache."
The young officer declared.
"Well that would explain why the Exemplar walked into our line of fire but even so...ehm what happens if one of the links in this loop breaks?"
He grimaced, "If that happens, someone is going to be very apologetic and serve a nice cup of tea and some mint candies to a certain wrinkly old man... Let's just make sure the loop isn't broken, shall we?"

[Back in the present]
Anja wrote:"Well...ehm that is true enough love and we all need to work to improve our skills."
Freddy agreed.
"I am still better at you at teleporting though."
She teased.
He chuckled, "Very true, luv, and if that ever changes, you'll be the first to know."

Anja wrote:"We will be sure to let him know he had a hand in his own undoing before we remove him as a problem."
George declared darkly.
He nodded, "The specters are going to be a bit of a nuisance, though, apparently he's got a small army of them, all... sentenced individuals from Horizon, and their fetters are..."
He frowned, "Hum... Well, damn, I might have a few of them with me, come to think of it... That should be interesting."

Anja wrote:"That is good enough for me dad, cats are cute."
Anna declared with a grin.
He smiled as he mixed the pasta and the sauce in the serving bowl, carefully stirring in a few spoonfuls of the pasta water in the mix, before finally giving it a satisfied nod, and carrying it over to the table, "Very well, then, everyone, if you would please take your seats? Luv, the wine is in the fridge, the two bottles lying on the bottom shelf. Would you be a dear and pour?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 am

[Steelhaven]

The Tytalus turned around towards you.
"I am Flavian Clove Hermes bani Tytalus fili Antonius of Morningstar. Adept withing the Tradition ranking system, Adeptus Major within our own...and I have never been so insulted in my life we have come to aid your Chantry at the request of Master Morgan and we are met by this dreadful Etherite woman who had the nerve to order her betters around, I demand an apology!"
erge nodded towards Adley as well, grateful that he had arrived to smooth things over and a little saddened when he had to leave so soon. He gave Flavian a polite nod as well, "Very well Sir. I should get going. I wish you luck on your mission."

His brows raised up and he sighed, one hand open slightly in a placating gesture. "I do apologize and hear your grievance, I will certainly let Master Morgan know and her cabal leader, as soon as we have time to deal with such, sir..." He glanced over at Serge, wondering what the hell had happened but as usual not having any time to stop to ask.

"I...I...well I guess I can wait for a short time Sodalis." The angry Tytalous said in a huff. Ryan gave you an unhappy look at being in the center of such hostility. You got back to where you had seen Cita, she was still waiting standing there talking with Nicole.

"Thank you, sir, Master Morgan will be out soon," he reassured him. He cast Ryan a similarly unhappy look as he passed, adding to him, "Remind me to talk to you when I get back, please."

You got back to where you had seen Cita, she was still waiting standing there talking with Nicole.

He frowned at Nicole, seeing her upstairs after hearing all the commotion downstairs. He waited for the pair to finish their business with the glasses, then said to Cita, "I have a message for you, it's probably important to read it now please."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:25 am

[Common Room]

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent, though the look on her face shouted "I rest my case". Though not visible to the ultra-prickly Hermetic; she wasn't an idiot.

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

Adley's Post:

'Erm... thanks.' Nicole replied politely, a touch surprised at how quickly Cita pulled it off. Gave Adley a bit of a frown in return, then moved away and tested out the glasses...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:40 am

[Common Room]

Serge nodded towards Adley as well, grateful that he had arrived to smooth things over and a little saddened when he had to leave so soon. He gave Flavian a polite nod as well, "Very well Sir. I should get going. I wish you luck on your mission."

"As you wish young man and thank you."
The Tytalus said with a stern nod.

Nicole was silent, though the look on her face shouted "I rest my case".

Flavian did not even deam you worthy of another look.

His brows raised up and he sighed, one hand open slightly in a placating gesture. "I do apologize and hear your grievance, I will certainly let Master Morgan know and her cabal leader, as soon as we have time to deal with such, sir..." He glanced over at Serge, wondering what the hell had happened but as usual not having any time to stop to ask.

"Good Sodalis, I will expect a proper apology from the brat and you can be sure Master Morgan will be getting a letter about this."
The angry Tytalus said with a frown.
"This behavior from her is just not acceptable! Me and my Chantrymates have come here to help at the request of Steelhaven, not to be ordered around and insulted by this Technomancer!"

"Thank you, sir, Master Morgan will be out soon," he reassured him. He cast Ryan a similarly unhappy look as he passed, adding to him, "Remind me to talk to you when I get back, please."

Flavian nodded angrily. Ryan sigh clearly not liking the situation but he nodded.
"I will do so Mr Roth Hicks."
The Cultist replied.

[Outside of Jeffry's Office]

Erm... thanks.' Nicole replied politely, a touch surprised at how quickly Cita pulled it off. Gave Adley a bit of a frown in return, then moved away and tested out the glasses...

Seeing your expression Cita smiled a little.
"Like with your own Tradition Miss Bouchard it takes time to prepare something, we usually have to program a working but once the program is complete it can be run several times."

You put on the glasses and everything seamed normal at first but then, on one of the little decorative table along the wall you saw a small creature, it was smaller than a rat and seamed to be a living flame, it was rather round with what looking like a curl of hair in it's forehead and a tail with a flaming time, the little creature was climbing on Cita's books when she noticed you looking at her through she started jumping up and down happily.

He frowned at Nicole, seeing her upstairs after hearing all the commotion downstairs. He waited for the pair to finish their business with the glasses, then said to Cita, "I have a message for you, it's probably important to read it now please."

Cita nodded.
"Please give it to me then Adley."
She said as she put her phone away. If you where still seeing spirits you notice that Nicole was about to have an encounter with Curly.

[Basement]

"Think we need to be paid first before we can ask for overtime." Serge said with a chuckle. "Yeah I can go for some food. Need the energy to make this ward that Master Morgan wants."

"That is true but the Nephandi should be paying us or better yet they can stop trying to destroy reality."
Helena said with a slight smile.
"The raiding the fridge it is."

Serge looked at the ritual room and began to point at them sequentially, "Eenie, meenie, minie, that one." he said promptly entering the empty ritual room that his finger landed upon and gesturing Helena to follow him inside.

You choose one of the smaller ritual rooms and went inside the stone chamber only furnished with a shelf with some basic equipment and a stone table. Helena followed you inside.

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

Colin shook his head, "Aside from serious allergic reactions, which is something like a handful out of a million people, the most people suffer from vaccines is a very, very light bout of mild flu-like symptoms after a flu shot. Vaccines are so thoroughly tested before they're distributed, they are literally safer than breathing air. As for damage to your Avatar... Please believe me when I say that there is very, very little in all Creation able to damage an Avatar. You may have heard of all the dangerous substances in vaccines, like formaldehyde, mercury, and aluminium, but the truth is, the same trace particles occur in higher dosages in a freshly picked apple."

Mia was as close to roaring with laughter at the question of whatever vaccines can damage Avatars as a lady would let herself to get. Melon's owner still looked a bit doubtful.
"But I heard that vaccines are spread by the Progenitors to stop children from Awakening."
She protested.
"Are you sure there are not more poison in them than in apples?"

He grimaced, "If that happens, someone is going to be very apologetic and serve a nice cup of tea and some mint candies to a certain wrinkly old man... Let's just make sure the loop isn't broken, shall we?"

The young Ethernaut looked at you her eyes big.
"You don't mean that wrinkly old man...yeah better keep the loop going then Sir."

[Back in the present]

He chuckled, "Very true, luv, and if that ever changes, you'll be the first to know."

Freddy gave a chuckle at that.

He nodded, "The specters are going to be a bit of a nuisance, though, apparently he's got a small army of them, all... sentenced individuals from Horizon, and their fetters are..."
He frowned, "Hum... Well, damn, I might have a few of them with me, come to think of it... That should be interesting."

"Well young Miss Larson had been told that several among Jace's ghost army feared you specifically from the rapports I heard."
George said.
"So there is a good chance that your unique...composition Mr Wainwright could end up being useful in this."

He smiled as he mixed the pasta and the sauce in the serving bowl, carefully stirring in a few spoonfuls of the pasta water in the mix, before finally giving it a satisfied nod, and carrying it over to the table, "Very well, then, everyone, if you would please take your seats? Luv, the wine is in the fridge, the two bottles lying on the bottom shelf. Would you be a dear and pour?"

Freddy got the wine and started filling glasses as everyone got ready to eat.
"It smells nice dad."
Anna said.
"So it do indeed Mr Wainwright."
George said with a smile. Jareth gave you a look that said you are feeding them now what about me I am hungry to.

(OOC: It is Flavian not Florian sorry about the confusion.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:59 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'True enough. And thanks.' moving away from Cita, not wishing to take up any more of her time.

Anja's Post:

Nicole's eyes widened on seeing whatever it was; began to carefully move back away from it, looking like she was about to ready her weapon - she'd never seen such a thing before.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:39 am

[Chantry]

'True enough. And thanks.' moving away from Cita, not wishing to take up any more of her time.

"Not a problem I had the program ready so it is no big task. The program will run it's course in a few days to week it is not permanent but will last for the current missions."
The spirit healer replied in a nod then she put her nose back into her phone when she saw you moving away, perhaps preparing more programs in case they where needed.

Nicole's eyes widened on seeing whatever it was; began to carefully move back away from it, looking like she was about to ready her weapon - she'd never seen such a thing before.

The little thing bounced on top of the books joyfully and Cita gave a chuckle.
"Not to worry Scientist Bouchard that is Curly, one of Chief Morgan's imps, they are his eyes and ears around the Chantry they are playful but not dangerous."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 am

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:Mia was as close to roaring with laughter at the question of whatever vaccines can damage Avatars as a lady would let herself to get. Melon's owner still looked a bit doubtful.
"But I heard that vaccines are spread by the Progenitors to stop children from Awakening."
She protested.
"Are you sure there are not more poison in them than in apples?"
Colin shook his head, "The Progenitors are no more interested in stopping children from Awakening than we are - they just want to make sure their future recruits Awaken in an orderly and predictable manner, through the school system first and foremost. I had this very debate in my own Chantry, against a vaccine opponent who endangered my immunocompromised daughter, three years back, and one of the clearest arguments regarding the upswing in autism diagnoses after the widespread distribution of vaccines is that the autism diagnostic criteria as we know them were defined in the 1990s. And the one thing that almost completely stopped appearing after vaccines were introduced is baby headstones... Before the 1960s in the western world, there were times when child mortality rates were over 50%, and then as people started vaccinating their kids, polio, smallpox, and a vast number of widespread, lethal diseases all but disappeared, and children started consistently growing up to adulthood. So yes, by the time a vaccine reaches the public, it's as safe as anything can get."

Anja wrote:The young Ethernaut looked at you her eyes big.
"You don't mean that wrinkly old man...yeah better keep the loop going then Sir."
He nodded, "He's a very pleasant conversationalist, mind you, and gives excellent recommendations in tea - but he can also unmake a person with a wiggle of his eyebrow, so it's certainly best not to upset him."

[Back in the present]
Anja wrote:"Well young Miss Larson had been told that several among Jace's ghost army feared you specifically from the rapports I heard."
George said.
"So there is a good chance that your unique...composition Mr Wainwright could end up being useful in this."
He chuckled wryly, "That'll be an unbelievable ghost story, where I tell of an army of ghosts marching on Boston, and I scare them off by shouting 'Boo' at them..."

Anja wrote:Freddy got the wine and started filling glasses as everyone got ready to eat.
"It smells nice dad."
Anna said.
"So it do indeed Mr Wainwright."
George said with a smile. Jareth gave you a look that said you are feeding them now what about me I am hungry to.
He smiled, "It should; Udella's recipe is excellent. Anna, if you would serve while I bring out the little puffball's dinner, too?"
He chuckled and gave Jareth a nod, fetching a small tray of lean meat strips from the fridge and setting them down in the owl's "corner" in the kitchen, "Here you go, my friend, dig in. The usual mix of cuts - though perhaps I should start getting you some fattier fare for the winter?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:36 am

[Horizon 13/11 2018]

Colin shook his head, "The Progenitors are no more interested in stopping children from Awakening than we are - they just want to make sure their future recruits Awaken in an orderly and predictable manner, through the school system first and foremost. I had this very debate in my own Chantry, against a vaccine opponent who endangered my immunocompromised daughter, three years back, and one of the clearest arguments regarding the upswing in autism diagnoses after the widespread distribution of vaccines is that the autism diagnostic criteria as we know them were defined in the 1990s. And the one thing that almost completely stopped appearing after vaccines were introduced is baby headstones... Before the 1960s in the western world, there were times when child mortality rates were over 50%, and then as people started vaccinating their kids, polio, smallpox, and a vast number of widespread, lethal diseases all but disappeared, and children started consistently growing up to adulthood. So yes, by the time a vaccine reaches the public, it's as safe as anything can get."

"Well I guess the Progenitors need apprentices as well."
Melon's owner said with a frown.
"But ultimately they want to stop all magick right and make our world a static hell?"
She asked.
"Well from what I have heard vaccines leave heavy metals in the pineal gland which is connected to the Avatar and as such it can calcify preventing Awakening."
The woman protested.
"I tried to deny my son to get vaccinated but he went to a health clinic and had it done anyway behind my back."
She muttered angrily.

He nodded, "He's a very pleasant conversationalist, mind you, and gives excellent recommendations in tea - but he can also unmake a person with a wiggle of his eyebrow, so it's certainly best not to upset him."

"I think I shall try to avoid Paradox spirits all together. But it is nice to know that particular one can be reasoned with."
Officer Erickson said still sounding skeptical.

[Back in the present]

He chuckled wryly, "That'll be an unbelievable ghost story, where I tell of an army of ghosts marching on Boston, and I scare them off by shouting 'Boo' at them..."

"It would certainly be a unusual ghost story, but in this conflict we will take whatever advantage we can get."
George said wryly.

He smiled, "It should; Udella's recipe is excellent. Anna, if you would serve while I bring out the little puffball's dinner, too?"

"Okey dad."
Anna said and she started filling everyone's plates with food.

He chuckled and gave Jareth a nod, fetching a small tray of lean meat strips from the fridge and setting them down in the owl's "corner" in the kitchen, "Here you go, my friend, dig in. The usual mix of cuts - though perhaps I should start getting you some fattier fare for the winter?"

Jareth made a happy coo and went to work on his meal, as always lately he left a choice piece, male owls brought gifts of food to females they where courting and Jareth still had his heart set og the huge, grayish brown female you saw up on the Chantry roof at times, she was at least twice as large as Jareth, you saw her up there as a massive brown ball with eyes patiently keeping watch for Darrian, she had no particular interest in Jareth but she would gladly eat the food he brought her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:02 pm

[Horizon 13/11 2018]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess the Progenitors need apprentices as well."
Melon's owner said with a frown.
"But ultimately they want to stop all magick right and make our world a static hell?"
She asked.
"Well from what I have heard vaccines leave heavy metals in the pineal gland which is connected to the Avatar and as such it can calcify preventing Awakening."
The woman protested.
"I tried to deny my son to get vaccinated but he went to a health clinic and had it done anyway behind my back."
She muttered angrily.
Colin shook his head, "They want to control it all and make it a static hell. Important difference. It's the Nephandi who want to destroy it all. Well, unmake it, but for our purposes, that's a semantic distinction, mostly. And as for the heavy metals - no, the heavy metals in vaccines are vastly less than what you get through a single serving of food; what does have that effect is that green bloody serum. Though that's less prone to prevent Awakening, and more liable to... affect already Awakened Avatars."
He frowned, "That's a very complicated set of problems, though..."

[Back in the present]
Anja wrote:Jareth made a happy coo and went to work on his meal, as always lately he left a choice piece, male owls brought gifts of food to females they where courting and Jareth still had his heart set og the huge, grayish brown female you saw up on the Chantry roof at times, she was at least twice as large as Jareth, you saw her up there as a massive brown ball with eyes patiently keeping watch for Darrian, she had no particular interest in Jareth but she would gladly eat the food he brought her.
He grinned and joined the others as Jareth ate, glancing around the table, "Alas, the little guy is hopelessly smitten with the big girl Master Haagen employs to watch from the roof... Well, no matter. If anyone wishes to say grace, speak up. Otherwise, dig in."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next