Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

5 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:00 pm

[Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"Master within the decade! Okay forget what I'm doing, that's actually impressive!" Serge said with starry eyes. "Do you know what you'll be master in?"
Colin smiled, "No, but I suspect it might be Time. But, it could as easily be an honourable ranking, for loyal services rendered..."

Anja wrote:"It is not impossible for you either dear one. I reached my first Mastery when I was thirty eight and you have more raw talent in Mind Magick than I ever did...though I did not turn out to bad if I do say so myself."
Ange said with a proud grin.
"You can made it before I did Serge."
He nodded, "I'm inclined to agree; with dedication and focus, there shouldn't be anything holding you back, unless your Avatar decides you need to work on personal issues first. That... might've been part of the case for me, alongside with a lack of research resources, and mundane responsibilities."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so, William best remember a time when Paradox was less of an issue so he decided to grab the intruder with a stone hand, an ancient Hermetic spell, but said giant stone had is a bit impractical to leave in your hallway. I do apologize for my Sodalis lack of subtlety, he said the Diedne tried to hurt the young apprentices so he wanted to stop him. I suspect he means Miss Wainwright, Miss...Qen was it and young Mr Yager."
Crexia said with a sigh.
"I will clean up the mess."
He chuckled, "I'm not the one you need to apologize to; I've got to admit a certain fondness for eschewing subtlety when it's appropriate. Next time you speak with him, please convey my gratitude for his... pragmatism."

Anja wrote:You noticed that Anna had forgotten the bottle of pills she took in the evening for her heart, as well as the diuretic she took in the morning when getting up and the medicine to help oxygen uptake she took using the hyper spray also upon getting up, she probably did not think of a time bubble as actual bed time and had forgotten about the medicine.
He sighed and collected Anna's medication, slipping it into the basket with the foodstuffs.

Anja wrote:You got up to the attic, several mages where already asleep. Anna had put her mask on but was still awake she waved to you. Deaconess O'Connor was sitting in meditation before a Solomonic Circle drawn in dried flowers.
He smiled wryly and headed over to Anna, speaking softly so as to not needlessly wake up the sleeping Magi or disturb the Deaconess, "Hey, Sweetie, I think you forgot your medication. Also, you're going to come along to fight the Labyrinth - we'll need you with us. For navigation, among other things."

He glanced around to see who else was still awake.

((OOC: Colin probably tried giving her a book, and she made a nest out of the pages. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Adley Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:45 pm

[Common Room]

"Ok Sir but I will need a bit of help as the gear is heavy."
She said.
"I will help you Anna don't worry about it."
Ryan replied.
"Thanks Mr Darehill then I will be right up Mr Roth Hicks."
Anna said.

"It's quite alright, I can help you with the gear. I do not mind and I will be going up there myself. I just need to grab a few things in my room."

"But why me, why am I getting rest in what I assume is a time bubble? Am I needed for something later?"

"Yes. Your father will likely explain more, too."

[Chapel]

"It could have been anything most likely that we are both tired mea filius. Your brother returns the greeting and said good night."
The old war mage said with a bit of a fond smile.
"Well try to get some rest Adley."

"You too, pater. Listen, I probably will be feeling a bit bad when I wake up," he said with a frown. "I'll need a little while to get going, the paradox didn't help after all."

It was not easy to get to sleep, your Avatar constantly hurt now and with more Paradox it ached even more, when you where doing things you could suppress it but trying to sleep was another matter, then you felt all of it constantly, but you where dead tired and soon drifted off to sleep.

He resisted the urge to try to roll over about thirty times, or grit his teeth. He knew it wouldn't help.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Teaching useful skills and shit. Like how to fix things.'

Anja's Post:

'Still eat people. You gonna be besties with cats?'

Anja's Post:

'That worm thing again. What is that?'

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Erm... no. Well, not that at least.' the Etherite replied, looking - and sounding - distinctly uncomfortable.

[What Nicole has or has not got enhancement-wise is for only Great One and I to know, and you lot to learn IC. All the PC's would have learned by now that she's very open about much, but that topic is stonewalled. She only told Colin because she basically had do, and Serge because she needed his help.]

[Though don't worry, I've got a few things up Nick's sleeve, or whatever body part it's located in. *smirks*]

[Notice Nick's the only one not getting any rest...]

[Fun day had by me. Went to hospital for eye exam, then to the dentist's for appointment #4. First good; not going blind. Second bad; 2 1/2 hours of drilling for crown. And it's still not finished...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 pm

[Basement]

He nodded, "I'm inclined to agree; with dedication and focus, there shouldn't be anything holding you back, unless your Avatar decides you need to work on personal issues first. That... might've been part of the case for me, alongside with a lack of research resources, and mundane responsibilities."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright and yes our Avatars do usually like to get a word in as to the speed of our spiritual and magickal development, though personal effort do have a role to play as well, a very big role."
Ange said with a smile.

He chuckled, "I'm not the one you need to apologize to; I've got to admit a certain fondness for eschewing subtlety when it's appropriate. Next time you speak with him, please convey my gratitude for his... pragmatism."

"I will do so Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a slight smile.

[Common Room]

"It's quite alright, I can help you with the gear. I do not mind and I will be going up there myself. I just need to grab a few things in my room."

"Ok thanks you Sir."
Anna said as she stood. Ryan just nodded.
"I will leave it to you then Mr Roth Hicks."
"Good night Anna."
Yu Die said and Anna smiled.
"Good night."

"Yes. Your father will likely explain more, too."

"Sure, I will ask him then."
The young Orphan agreed.

[Chapel]

You too, pater. Listen, I probably will be feeling a bit bad when I wake up," he said with a frown. "I'll need a little while to get going, the paradox didn't help after all."

Jeffry gave you a concerned look then he nodded and asked
"Do you need me to get you out of the Chapel to down to your room so you can recover and get going in peace without prying eyes?"

He smiled wryly and headed over to Anna, speaking softly so as to not needlessly wake up the sleeping Magi or disturb the Deaconess, "Hey, Sweetie, I think you forgot your medication. Also, you're going to come along to fight the Labyrinth - we'll need you with us. For navigation, among other things."

"Oh I did not mean to, I did not think of it as bed time sort of."
Anna said and she took her pills and swallowed them down with some water after moving her mask out of the way.
"Ok I will do what I can to help out dad."
She whispered.

He glanced around to see who else was still awake.

Marian, Ty and Helga was still awake while the Chief, Helena and Adley seamed to be asleep.

He resisted the urge to try to roll over about thirty times, or grit his teeth. He knew it wouldn't help.

You slept and in your dream you where a twelve year old Dylan visiting great Victoria Station with your Mentor. This was a place of wonder, everywhere you looked there where fantastical machines, one more wondrous than the other and then there where the shipyards. One day you knew, one day you would create such wonders...but first you had to Awaken. It had taken your sister no time at all to Awaken her Gift but you still where just a True Beliver and it irked you, Madeline was a kind teacher and you wanted to make her proud but how could you when you as of yet had not found your true Genius?

There was no time for such worries right now though as you hurried down carpeted hallway, you had met a friend while at the station, another young boy, a Etherite student one year older than you and you felt...elevated when with him, as if butterflies filled your stomach. Madeline had given you a few coins to buy treats at the bazaar on deck four and now you where headed to one of the engine rooms, where no one would be looking for you, to meet your friend, two candied apples on sticks in your hands. You could not help but wonder though if your Mentor would have given you money for candies apples if she knew that you had not just found a playmate, but that you felt...something for the other boy. Oh if he had just been a girl, your teacher might have worried about the two of you being alone but she would have accepted a young boy being interested in a girl, but Angus was a boy and you felt for him, things you did not dare put into words.

You met the other Etherite in the machine room and for a while you are candied apples and joked with one another, it felt like only minutes went by, but it was two hours, it was so easy to speak to Angus. Suddenly the older and slightly taller boy looked at you and he looked sad for a moment.
"We are going home tomorrow."
He said and you nodded, you where going home soon to and you would miss your new friend.
"Ehm I ehm...here..."
Angus said, he was to embarrassed, to afraid of rejection to put his feelings into words, so instead he simply leaned forwards, and after a moment to allow you to pull away if you wanted to, you did not want to, he kissed you, just a little peck on the lips though and you felt a storm rise up inside of you...should you pull away, should you just hide, you where old enough to know most who felt about other boys hid, should you feel shame? You knew your Mentor would never accept this, but despite yourself you leaned a little forward and met the other boy's kiss. His lips smelled like candied apple and for one second you felt completely like yourself, then Angus pulled away and blushed before he started running out of the engine room, one of the secondary engine rooms that did not see traffic this time a day.
"I have to go back to my teacher."
The older boy said then he smiled.
"I really like you Dylan..."
He muttered and you had to smile as well.
"I like you to Angus."
He whispered then the red haired Etherite left the room leaving you alone with a storm of emotions. You did not know if you would get to see Angus again, but you knew you would always remember that kiss, your first kiss, and the first time you had truly just let everything go and been yourself, been who you where deep down without a shred of shame.

Suddenly the room span around you and suddenly you could see Ether flow though the hull of the Victoria Station, you felt is hum, ebb and flow all around you as glowing blue veins that made up reality itself, you wandered around in wonder for a while just looking at it, the beauty of it. You did not know how long you where there, looking at the blue, glowing Ether and then there was a hand on your shoulder. Beside you stood a beautiful woman dressed in a Victorian outfit all in red, with revolvers strapped to her belt.
"I am you."
The woman in red said, the elegant warrior lady and then the vision of her was gone and you felt yourself hit the floor, overwhelmed by the enormity of it all as you heard your Mentor call your name, you had been gone a long time and Madeline was worried about you, but right now you could not muster the strength to care, you where confused, happy and your head span and on your lips there was still the taste of candied applies.

You wake up after eight hours of rest, you felt rested but your Avatar really hurt, you would have to try the LBRP to get her settled down for right now she did not feel happy at all, she had not when you woke up for the last few weeks and it was getting worse all the time. Around you others where waking up, eating, or rubbing sleep from their eyes.
"Are you okey mea filius the time bubble will end soon and I can get you down to your room?"
Jeffry said he was trying to manage his messy sleep hair with a bone comb as he spoke to you, looking concerned.
"Did you sleep well?"

[Basement]

'Teaching useful skills and shit. Like how to fix things.'

"Yeah but can't the mother teach the cubs how to fix things?"
Strawberry asked.

Still eat people. You gonna be besties with cats?'

"No cats are scary but the spider can't eat me for I am poisonous to her she said so she said I am poisonous to vampires as well."
The little werrat declared.

'That worm thing again. What is that?'

"It is destruction itself, the end of things, it is insane and just want to destroy."

[Boston]

'Erm... no. Well, not that at least.' the Etherite replied, looking - and sounding - distinctly uncomfortable.

"Ok...ok."
Strawberry said and she looked at you.
"Do you cast fireballs? You are a mage right?"
She asked.
"Do all mages cast fireballs?"

(OOC: The Chief assumed Nicole had already left so she will be offered rest in the second batch of time bubble, the Chapel can only fit so many bedrolls.)

(OOC 2: I am sorry to hear that. Well I am glad you are not going blind but allot of drilling must suck. I went to the doctor today as well but I was only there to get a prescription and a referral to a physio therapist so it was only like three minutes of me explain what I wanted and him agreeing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:48 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Oh I did not mean to, I did not think of it as bed time sort of."
Anna said and she took her pills and swallowed them down with some water after moving her mask out of the way.
"Ok I will do what I can to help out dad."
She whispered.
Colin smiled, "It's alright, I caught you before you fell asleep. It should be a good eight hours of sleep, after all - a full night, squished into five minutes - so it's the right timing for it. That said, I meant to let you know, Freddy's back, too, after an operation at Westchapel, and everything went well, but she's going to be a little out of it for a while... she's on some pretty strong pain medication that makes her a bit drowsy and silly; it's nothing to be afraid of. She's going to be better than you've ever seen her, once she's recuperated. It'll just take a few days."

Anja wrote:Marian, Ty and Helga was still awake while the Chief, Helena and Adley seamed to be asleep.
He glanced around, then went to borrow a small piece of chalk or something else suitable, and drew a quick circle on the floor, placing the basket inside the circle (after removing Anna's medications), and carefully working a spell to keep the interior of the circle cool, neatly separate from the outside of the circle.

((OOC: Basically, keeping the basket at about 4 degrees Celsius to keep the sandwich materials from tasting like they've been in a warm room for eight hours. Razz Need to roll? Colin's expending a Willpower point on the working, 'cause he knows Anna, and probably a few others, are going to want something quick for breakfast when they wake up, whether they themselves have prepared or not... Might count toward his Caregiver Nature, even. Wink ))

((OOC2: Of course, Colin's not going to pry about Nicole's enhancements, unless it becomes immediately relevant, such as "do you have a laser torch in that hand?" to get past a locked steel door or something like that - especially not "does it vibrate?" Wink ))

((OOC: I now see Dylan's Avatar as something of a well-armed Steampunk Carmen Sandiego. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:54 pm

[Basement]

Anja wrote:Colin smiled, "No, but I suspect it might be Time. But, it could as easily be an honourable ranking, for loyal services rendered..."

"Yeah, that make sense. British wizard knowing a lot about time." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"It is not impossible for you either dear one. I reached my first Mastery when I was thirty eight and you have more raw talent in Mind Magick than I ever did...though I did not turn out to bad if I do say so myself."
Ange said with a proud grin.
"You can made it before I did Serge."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "I'm inclined to agree; with dedication and focus, there shouldn't be anything holding you back, unless your Avatar decides you need to work on personal issues first. That... might've been part of the case for me, alongside with a lack of research resources, and mundane responsibilities."

Serge smiled at the reassurances but still looked slightly uncertain, "I can't imagine myself surpassing you Ange. The stuff I've seen you do is...spectacular. I do wanna try one day though. But Master is a whole different beast. I'm not nearly cool enough to try it. Not to mention I dont nearly have enough paradox flaws for it."

Anja wrote:"Well one of the areas, I am not so sure a fay ghost can be altered by belief, now on one side our entire world is just belief, just mind, a collective illusion the Consensus is making but individual will is also important and how an individual think about themselves, that is why wounds gotten under trauma often are impossible to heal, because they become a part of how a person identify themselves so just changing cognition about the Banshee while it might serve as focus for the working to change her nature it is not likely to be enough as she have free will and a self identity, but seeing loved ones might give her pause long enough for us to work on her."
Your Mentor explained.

Serge nodded in agreement, not one to argue with his mentor, especially when what she said made sense to him.

Anja wrote:Ange was fine moving around on her crutches on the floor it was stairs which where difficult and where she needed your help. You got to the Chief's office but there was no response when you knocked.
"He might indeed be busy."
Your Mentor said.
"If it is Master Morgan you are looking for I saw him head upstairs a little while ago."
A red haired girl, one of the visiting mages said, she was on her way out of the library.

"But why...." Serge said in an exasperated tone, not to the red haired mage but to the world itself. "Do you want to head upstairs Ange? We don't both need to go and tell Master Morgan. You can rest in the common room and contact Master from there if you prefer."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:01 pm

[Chapel]

Colin smiled, "It's alright, I caught you before you fell asleep. It should be a good eight hours of sleep, after all - a full night, squished into five minutes - so it's the right timing for it.

"Yeah you are right dad I just did not think."
Anna said.

That said, I meant to let you know, Freddy's back, too, after an operation at Westchapel, and everything went well, but she's going to be a little out of it for a while... she's on some pretty strong pain medication that makes her a bit drowsy and silly; it's nothing to be afraid of. She's going to be better than you've ever seen her, once she's recuperated. It'll just take a few days."

"Freddy had an operation? Oh no is she okey? What happened?"
The young Orphan asked now suddenly concerned.
"Are you sure she will recover? Can I go and see her? Did someone hurt her?"
The girl asked sounding confused and nervous.

He glanced around, then went to borrow a small piece of chalk or something else suitable, and drew a quick circle on the floor, placing the basket inside the circle (after removing Anna's medications), and carefully working a spell to keep the interior of the circle cool, neatly separate from the outside of the circle.

The Deaconess had pastel colored chalk you could borrow the woman smiled to you but she focused on her spell and said nothing. You got the content of the basked kept within a cool field.

[Basement]

Serge smiled at the reassurances but still looked slightly uncertain, "I can't imagine myself surpassing you Ange. The stuff I've seen you do is...spectacular. I do wanna try one day though. But Master is a whole different beast. I'm not nearly cool enough to try it. Not to mention I dont nearly have enough paradox flaws for it."

"Ah let us try to avoid the Paradox flaws Serge, as for cool, one day perhaps you will no longer feel the need to impress others and only worry about impressing yourself, when you realize that you are good enough."
Ange said softly then she smiled.
"And you will one day surpass me, you have allot of raw talent kid, though perhaps your old Mentor will have a bit to teach you for some time yet."
She added.

"But why...." Serge said in an exasperated tone, not to the red haired mage but to the world itself. "Do you want to head upstairs Ange? We don't both need to go and tell Master Morgan. You can rest in the common room and contact Master from there if you prefer."

"I will stay in the common room Sarge and you can head upstairs, that will be quicker than me limping my way up. I saw my brother in the common room I will go and continue talking with him until you return."
Your Mentor said.
"Just don't bother Master Morgan remember we have some time."
She reminded you.

(OOC: Yes give me a quick roll just in case of a botch.)
(OOC 2: That sounds exactly what Dylan would see his Avatar to be.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:00 pm

[Basement]
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, that make sense. British wizard knowing a lot about time." he said with a smile.
Colin chuckled, "Well, I'm not Merlin, as far as I know - though family tradition does say my lineage goes back to the infamous daughter of Gorlois... Just don't tell the Verbena Gardeners."

Jeremy wrote:Serge smiled at the reassurances but still looked slightly uncertain, "I can't imagine myself surpassing you Ange. The stuff I've seen you do is...spectacular. I do wanna try one day though. But Master is a whole different beast. I'm not nearly cool enough to try it. Not to mention I dont nearly have enough paradox flaws for it."
He arched an eyebrow, "But haven't you heard the old adage, the greatest compliment a student can give, is to surpass their master?"

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Yeah you are right dad I just did not think."
Anna said.
He shook his head, "It was a simple slip of the mind, and easily remedied... Don't worry about it - but do try to remember in the future, alright? There won't be any consequences this time, but another time, there might be."

Anja wrote:"Freddy had an operation? Oh no is she okey? What happened?"
The young Orphan asked now suddenly concerned.
"Are you sure she will recover? Can I go and see her? Did someone hurt her?"
The girl asked sounding confused and nervous.
He smiled thinly, "The plague was made from tissues from her body, stolen a long time ago. The operation put all the stolen back, effectively destroying the plague everywhere in one go - but it was tricky work, and she needed a few blood transfusions, which in fact you gave her during a visit from the future. I'm a little disappointed you didn't call me or anything, but I understand why you didn't, but poor Dino was confused by it all... And we'll go see her once we've had a good night's sleep, alright? As I said, she's fine, she just needs a little rest."

Anja wrote:The Deaconess had pastel colored chalk you could borrow the woman smiled to you but she focused on her spell and said nothing. You got the content of the basked kept within a cool field.
He gave the Deaconess a smile and a nod, replacing the chalk just as quietly as he'd borrowed it.

((OOC: Alright, Arete roll: 3,6,6, plus a Willpower. Dat good?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:12 pm

[Basement]

He arched an eyebrow, "But haven't you heard the old adage, the greatest compliment a student can give, is to surpass their master?"

"Mr Wainwright is right Serge, nothing will please me more than seeing you surpass me one day."
Ange replied with a warm smile.

[Chapel]

He shook his head, "It was a simple slip of the mind, and easily remedied... Don't worry about it - but do try to remember in the future, alright? There won't be any consequences this time, but another time, there might be."

"Yeah I know but I should remember. Dr Lee says I can get really sick without my medicine and I don't want to get sick."
Anna said with a frown.
"Oh well no harm done...I will remember in the future dad."

He smiled thinly, "The plague was made from tissues from her body, stolen a long time ago. The operation put all the stolen back, effectively destroying the plague everywhere in one go - but it was tricky work, and she needed a few blood transfusions, which in fact you gave her during a visit from the future. I'm a little disappointed you didn't call me or anything, but I understand why you didn't, but poor Dino was confused by it all... And we'll go see her once we've had a good night's sleep, alright? As I said, she's fine, she just needs a little rest."

"So the plague is gone thanks to Freddy?"
Anna asked then she looked concerned.
"Did she go through this willingly or was she forced to do so? And blood transfusions that means they had to poke her with needles."
The girl did not look pleased at that.
"I can not imagine ever giving blood, not unless I can use a knife and fill a bucket."
She declared.
"Dino got confused?"

He gave the Deaconess a smile and a nod, replacing the chalk just as quietly as he'd borrowed it.

The Deaconess nodded and gave you another smile but she did not speak or take her focus of the spell she was casting.

(OOC: That will do the spell works without a hitch.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:45 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Yeah I know but I should remember. Dr Lee says I can get really sick without my medicine and I don't want to get sick."
Anna said with a frown.
"Oh well no harm done...I will remember in the future dad."
Colin nodded, "Good girl."

Anja wrote:"So the plague is gone thanks to Freddy?"
Anna asked then she looked concerned.
"Did she go through this willingly or was she forced to do so? And blood transfusions that means they had to poke her with needles."
The girl did not look pleased at that.
"I can not imagine ever giving blood, not unless I can use a knife and fill a bucket."
She declared.
"Dino got confused?"
He smiled, "She volunteered. It was dangerous, but she knew the risks... both what might happen if she did go through with it, and what might happen if she didn't. I'm very proud of her for being so brave, you know... she may quite literally have saved the world. And a few very skilled doctors saved her in return."
He stroked a knuckle gently against Anna's cheek, "Not much needlework going on for it, just a tube in the arm. Well, a couple, really, for medication. A bit of magic does make that part easier, too. And no, you can't donate blood now, but... some day, you may feel different about it. But that is literally years in the future, after you become a teacher in your own right. You'll be magnificent, sweetie. And Dino got confused, because he suddenly had a grown-up woman who looked and smelled just like you visiting his office. I dare say most people might end up confused by that..."

Anja wrote:The Deaconess nodded and gave you another smile but she did not speak or take her focus of the spell she was casting.
After ensuring the little breakfast basket was secure, he found a bedroll, took off his jacket, and settled in for the night, turning off the phone and letting sleep finally catch up - it had been a long day between the time bubbles he'd already been in... Who knew what sleep might bring?
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:11 am

[Common Room]

Ryan just nodded.
"I will leave it to you then Mr Roth Hicks."

"Thanks." Before they left he bid the others goodnight, after Anna confirmed it was night, after all. Or at least it was appropriate to say before going to sleep. His mind was going in tight little circles trying to keep himself awake and occupied, like ice skating with only one boot.

[Chapel]

Jeffry gave you a concerned look then he nodded and asked "Do you need me to get you out of the Chapel to down to your room so you can recover and get going in peace without prying eyes?"

"I might, but I should go to morning routine anyway. Even if it's not technically morning. No one is going to want to do whatever it is with me making everything fly around..." he said, trying to lighten things a bit. To Anna, he said, "Let your dad know I'm sorry I couldn't keep awake, I'll talk to him later..."

[chapel, 'later']

You wake up after eight hours of rest, you felt rested but your Avatar really hurt...Around you others where waking up, eating, or rubbing sleep from their eyes.
"Are you okey mea filius the time bubble will end soon and I can get you down to your room?" Jeffry said he was trying to manage his messy sleep hair with a bone comb as he spoke to you, looking concerned. "Did you sleep well?"

He couldn't front the questioning at first and rolled into a ball, with his eyes shut for a few minutes trying to get used to the level of hurt he'd woken up to this time, coming at the heels of a pleasant memory that was not quite his but now was his. "It hurts..." he grumbled, eyes still shut. "I've had worse, though in my lives..." He breathed for a few minutes and slowly uncoiled himself, and sat there on his bedroll with his hair plastered to one side of his head. He was absorbing the memory and also waiting to when he was going to be okay enough to eat something then go downstairs. He really didn't want to have to lean on his pater unless he had to, he had to be able to get up...

// no one has even told Adley that Nicole is immune to the disease, still iirc - so, he's still concerned she might 'catch it.' Still cybernetic parts and kinfolk blood are hardly the weirdest things they've encountered this year.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:19 am

[Common Room]

"Thanks." Before they left he bid the others goodnight, after Anna confirmed it was night, after all. Or at least it was appropriate to say before going to sleep. His mind was going in tight little circles trying to keep himself awake and occupied, like ice skating with only one boot.

"Should we go and get my gear then Sir?"
Anna said after saying good night to the others, and she waited for your okey before she headed to the stairs.
"Mr Roth Hicks I wanted to say thank you for saving me and Yu Die, you and Mr Yager saved our lives when that asshole pointed a gun at us."
The young mage declared.
"So thank you Sir I do like being alive."

[Chapel]

Colin nodded, "Good girl."

Anna smiled a little at that.

He smiled, "She volunteered. It was dangerous, but she knew the risks... both what might happen if she did go through with it, and what might happen if she didn't. I'm very proud of her for being so brave, you know... she may quite literally have saved the world. And a few very skilled doctors saved her in return."

"Yeah she would...volunteer would she not."
Your apprentice said.
"Freddy is like very brave, but what if she had not volunteered would someone have forced her to do it?"
She asked.

He stroked a knuckle gently against Anna's cheek, "Not much needlework going on for it, just a tube in the arm. Well, a couple, really, for medication. A bit of magic does make that part easier, too.

"And then the needles get removed as soon as the tube is in?"
Anna asked.
"Even so that is bad enough."
She muttered with a pout.

And no, you can't donate blood now, but... some day, you may feel different about it. But that is literally years in the future, after you become a teacher in your own right. You'll be magnificent, sweetie. And Dino got confused, because he suddenly had a grown-up woman who looked and smelled just like you visiting his office. I dare say most people might end up confused by that..."

"I become a teacher? That is pretty cool, but I don't think I will ever be able to let someone poke me with a needle...no."
The young Orphan muttered.
"But if another version of me was in Dino's office that must have been strange."

After ensuring the little breakfast basket was secure, he found a bedroll, took off his jacket, and settled in for the night, turning off the phone and letting sleep finally catch up - it had been a long day between the time bubbles he'd already been in... Who knew what sleep might bring?

You fell asleep and at first it was just the deep, dark sleep of the exhausted. Then you started hearing voices, voices that cried out to you then Wallace Jace's voice game through loud and clear or rather the voice of the shard of his Avatar within you.
"My my don't you and your friends cause trouble."
The Fallen shard said.
"Why oh why do you have to meddle?"
A broken image of Jace, just a vague visage with pieces missing could be seen sitting down at a table, in a little park in your dream.
"Most of me is gone...my host is gone is not that enough for you?"
The shard said, sipping tea.

"I might, but I should go to morning routine anyway. Even if it's not technically morning. No one is going to want to do whatever it is with me making everything fly around..." he said, trying to lighten things a bit. To Anna, he said, "Let your dad know I'm sorry I couldn't keep awake, I'll talk to him later..."

"I am sure no one will mind you casting near them."
Jeffry said with a slight smile.
"But yes morning routines are important and it might help settle everything down."
He added. Anna nodded.
"I will Sir I am sure he won't mind."

[Chapel later]

He couldn't front the questioning at first and rolled into a ball, with his eyes shut for a few minutes trying to get used to the level of hurt he'd woken up to this time, coming at the heels of a pleasant memory that was not quite his but now was his. "It hurts..." he grumbled, eyes still shut. "I've had worse, though in my lives..." He breathed for a few minutes and slowly uncoiled himself, and sat there on his bedroll with his hair plastered to one side of his head. He was absorbing the memory and also waiting to when he was going to be okay enough to eat something then go downstairs. He really didn't want to have to lean on his pater unless he had to, he had to be able to get up...

Jeffry got off his own bedroll and sat down next to you, he wanted to reach out with a hand, offer some comfort but he knew you where vary of being touch so he was just there, silently until you got to the point where you could deal with the pain, could function with the pain. The old war mage handed you a cup of water.
"Here...drink something mea filius."
He said softly and you could hear the care and the worry in his voice. You think you could manage to drink a little now and keep food down even if the pain made you feel sick, you where also hungry.
"What...what can I do Adley?"
The Chief whispered, desperate for some way to soothe your pain, make you feel better protect you in some way.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Yeah she would...volunteer would she not."
Your apprentice said.
"Freddy is like very brave, but what if she had not volunteered would someone have forced her to do it?"
She asked.
Colin shook his head, "There would have been... some pressure, yes, but nobody would have forced her. Not when it would mean risking her life. If she hadn't, we'd have had to find another way to stop the plague, and a lot more people would have died. And Freddy would have had to live with that."

Anja wrote:"And then the needles get removed as soon as the tube is in?"
Anna asked.
"Even so that is bad enough."
She muttered with a pout.
He smiled thinly, "There's only so much that can be done, you know... But I made sure the only needles that were used were the best ones, that they wouldn't break or hurt Freddy."

Anja wrote:"I become a teacher? That is pretty cool, but I don't think I will ever be able to let someone poke me with a needle...no."
The young Orphan muttered.
"But if another version of me was in Dino's office that must have been strange."
He shrugged, "You won't let just anyone poke you. It'll take an immense amount of trust... In time, there will be a few people you trust that much. Like Yu Die, not that she would poke you with needles, but that's the level of trust you share, right?"

Anja wrote:You fell asleep and at first it was just the deep, dark sleep of the exhausted. Then you started hearing voices, voices that cried out to you then Wallace Jace's voice game through loud and clear or rather the voice of the shard of his Avatar within you.
"My my don't you and your friends cause trouble."
The Fallen shard said.
"Why oh why do you have to meddle?"
A broken image of Jace, just a vague visage with pieces missing could be seen sitting down at a table, in a little park in your dream.
"Most of me is gone...my host is gone is not that enough for you?"
The shard said, sipping tea.
He smiled wryly and sat down at the table opposite Jace, "I could say the same to you, you know - you're more of a nuisance than a dead man has the right to be. Even for a Mage, or Enlightened Scientist, if you prefer. But you know, I have nothing personal against you or your host, as such, it's your persistence in trying to end the world that I must protest. And right now... that plot of yours, unless we stop it, is going to have an outcome that neither you not I would want. If we can't stop you and get the Forest, Moloch will rise, and I don't think you want that, either, do you?"

((OOC: Sent you a PM, by the way - new Rote. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Sure. But what if she's busy or somewhere else? Two people mean double the attention.'

Anja's Post:

'We're not poisonous. Hmm, poisonous...' her mind wandering for a moment, then having a vision of a huge factory producing hundreds of thousands of vials, for millions, billions of inoculations... and watching those parasitic leeches wasting away from lack of "food"... 'Wait. Can vampires like starve to death?' she blurted out loud.

Anja's Post:

'Erm... what do you mean? You talk like it's like a physical thing.' giving a confused frown.

Anja's Post:

'Me? Hell no. I'm a woman of science, me. Just a combat engineer. Pretty decent one, If I don't say meself. We can always squeeze a bit more out of our kit in a pinch.'

[I'm also pleased about my non-blindness. As for the dentist... he's not the gentlest.]

[Why not simply shove the basket outside the window? It's mid-November so the temp must be around freezing. Hmm... that makes me wonder; can I magic up a jacket for Nick?]

[If they're in a situation where Nicole has the solution to the problem, chances are she'll mention it before Colin asks.]

[Colin hinted in Adley's presence about the immunity. But, if I remember right he didn't get it or question further.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:16 am

[Chapel]

Colin shook his head, "There would have been... some pressure, yes, but nobody would have forced her. Not when it would mean risking her life. If she hadn't, we'd have had to find another way to stop the plague, and a lot more people would have died. And Freddy would have had to live with that."

"Ok...that is good, it would have been bad if she had been forced."
Anna said sounding relieved though she was still looking worried.

He smiled thinly, "There's only so much that can be done, you know... But I made sure the only needles that were used were the best ones, that they wouldn't break or hurt Freddy."

"Yeah...I guess but even so...it sucks."
Your apprentice said clearly not happy.

He shrugged, "You won't let just anyone poke you. It'll take an immense amount of trust... In time, there will be a few people you trust that much. Like Yu Die, not that she would poke you with needles, but that's the level of trust you share, right?"

"Well Yu Die is working to be able to handle needles well enough to become an acupuncturist among with learning other Asian healing methods, and she sews allot but no she would never do anything against my will, and yeah I do trust her like that."
Anna said with a nod.

He smiled wryly and sat down at the table opposite Jace, "I could say the same to you, you know - you're more of a nuisance than a dead man has the right to be. Even for a Mage, or Enlightened Scientist, if you prefer. But you know, I have nothing personal against you or your host, as such, it's your persistence in trying to end the world that I must protest. And right now... that plot of yours, unless we stop it, is going to have an outcome that neither you not I would want. If we can't stop you and get the Forest, Moloch will rise, and I don't think you want that, either, do you?"

"the term do not matter and I am hardly a mage anymore, just a memory in a small shard."
Jace said as he sipped his tea.
"And while you might have had nothing personal against many of those who was Gilgulled a few months ago and continue to be as the list of prisoners are being worked through, I am pretty sure you where happy to see me go."
He said with a chuckle.
"And do not try to intimidate me, the Forest is mine until I am ready to use it, my spirit will live on and continue my work and when he do he will get you and your spinal fluids will be put to good use."

[Basement]

Sure. But what if she's busy or somewhere else? Two people mean double the attention.'

Strawberry considered that for a moment then she nodded.
"Yeah you are right that is very smart the male can make sure the cubs are not eaten by cats while the female gets food."

'We're not poisonous. Hmm, poisonous...' her mind wandering for a moment, then having a vision of a huge factory producing hundreds of thousands of vials, for millions, billions of inoculations... and watching those parasitic leeches wasting away from lack of "food"... 'Wait. Can vampires like starve to death?' she blurted out loud.

"I think they can die if they drink a whole Ratkin, the spiders are bad for them to, some of our Kinfolk also are not good for vampires and they might taste bad."
Strawberry said she gave you a confused look.
"I don't know I have never met a vampire to ask but they do like to drink blood so it have to be for a reason, the spider can die if she do not eat."

'Erm... what do you mean? You talk like it's like a physical thing.' giving a confused frown.

"No...it is a spirit, one of the three most powerful spirits all decay is this spirit."
The little werrat replied.
"Many of my kind serve it but I do not."

Me? Hell no. I'm a woman of science, me. Just a combat engineer. Pretty decent one, If I don't say meself. We can always squeeze a bit more out of our kit in a pinch.'

"If you are a scientist why don't you have a white coat? All the scientists in the shows that Serge showed me have white coats like Dr Oak."
The shapeshifter asked.
"What is an engineer?"

(OOC: Yes if you can fit it into your Paradigm I think you can, you can have her use the 3D printer. At Matter 2 she will have to physically make the jacket but she can do so of frail cheap materials, and then use Matter to make that into any material she want, she would need to work for a while on sucsesses or put some Quint into it to make it last though.)

(OOC 2: I have checked your rote Warp it checks out.)

(OOC 3: I have never really had to do anything on my adult teeth other than check ups and deep cleaning. Two of them grew with to deep furrows so my dentist put something on them to protect them but it was done without anesthetic and was a five minute job, and one I had to file a notch I got in a tooth when playing with a dog, but other than that nothing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:43 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Ok...that is good, it would have been bad if she had been forced."
Anna said sounding relieved though she was still looking worried.
Colin nodded, "It would have been... tainted. Doing the right thing for the right reasons, but in the wrong way is... still wrong."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...I guess but even so...it sucks."
Your apprentice said clearly not happy.
He smiled wryly, "Everything about the whole plague sucks... At least now, there's no way it can come back and cause trouble again, now all that remains is for the ones who got sick to try to recover on their own."

Anja wrote:"the term do not matter and I am hardly a mage anymore, just a memory in a small shard."
Jace said as he sipped his tea.
"And while you might have had nothing personal against many of those who was Gilgulled a few months ago and continue to be as the list of prisoners are being worked through, I am pretty sure you where happy to see me go."
He said with a chuckle.
"And do not try to intimidate me, the Forest is mine until I am ready to use it, my spirit will live on and continue my work and when he do he will get you and your spinal fluids will be put to good use."
He smiled thinly, "I'll admit, you were one of the ones I watched to make sure you were... well, permanently stopped. I should have anticipated that you had more contingencies left; my compliments to your cleverness. And I am not trying to intimidate you - I am merely saying what I've seen will happen if you manage to get away. A Moloch will rise, get their hands on the Forest, or more specifically the Psychopomp inside, and devour *every* ounce of magic, including your new incarnation and Avatar... all except me. And I will... not have a good eternity, alone like that."
He laid a hand on the table, willing the dreamscape to shift into the horror vision of the future where Moloch reigned supreme and everyone around were mindless machine men, just doing whatever work they were assigned to and moving like gears in a well-oiled, soulless machine, "Think about it - you've done many things that will ensure you'll be remembered for a long time... but if this comes to pass, you won't be remembered, even as the accidental linchpin that made it all possible, simply because no-one will have know anything but work and loving the omnipotent machine god that rules the dead, Static world... If you win, I'm not going to have much use for my spinal fluids... and neither will you. Well, he."

((OOC: Yay, Maxwell's Demon. Lovely little physics concept, never mind that it was thoroughly disproven ages ago. Wink ))

((OOC: Going to the dentist on Thursday, myself. Always a cavity needing filling, it seems... At least I've never needed a whole bleedin' crown. I don't suppose you could get the Crown to pay for it? Thomas Blood-style if necessary? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:51 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... kinda.' sounding a little uncertain, but leaving it at that; feeling this is about as far as she was going to get in getting the Ratkin to understand.

Anja's Post:

'Interesting...' Nicole said, quickly typing the message 'Rat and kin blood not good for leeches' on her cell and sending it to her email - for later study.

Anja's Post:

'What, like worship this... entity?' giving another frown, having a vague feeling she even lacked the points of reference to ask the right questions or understand the answers...

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'I'm a woman of science. That is, I accept science and logic instead of superstition, magic and all that.' Nicole replied. 'An engineer is like an applied scientist. For example, I can use my knowledge of chemistry to make explosives in the field.'

[Erm... I meant basically can I retcon a jacket into the trunk of the car. Just realised how cold it is (presumably) outside and the fact Nick's only wearing a base layer top.]

[Tooth had a hairline crack which both of us missed. Was telling dentist for ages about the sensitivity and all he said was "brush it more". Now we both know it was the tooth being eaten away from the inside. If I had to pay for the treatment, I'd be consulting solicitor about getting the surgery to pay for the costs as a repair-job would have been ~£200 and now is ~£1,500 work due to his incompetence.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:12 pm

[Chapel]

Colin nodded, "It would have been... tainted. Doing the right thing for the right reasons, but in the wrong way is... still wrong."

Anna nodded at that.

He smiled wryly, "Everything about the whole plague sucks... At least now, there's no way it can come back and cause trouble again, now all that remains is for the ones who got sick to try to recover on their own."

"Yeah it really sucks...but do you think Evelyn will be okey now...in the hospital? And can we go and visit her once she gets a little better dad?"
Your apprentice asked.

He smiled thinly, "I'll admit, you were one of the ones I watched to make sure you were... well, permanently stopped. I should have anticipated that you had more contingencies left; my compliments to your cleverness.

Jace gave a smug look at that.
"Well there was always the chance I would get captured so I needed to have a plan for that as well."
He said.

And I am not trying to intimidate you - I am merely saying what I've seen will happen if you manage to get away. A Moloch will rise, get their hands on the Forest, or more specifically the Psychopomp inside, and devour *every* ounce of magic, including your new incarnation and Avatar... all except me. And I will... not have a good eternity, alone like that."
He laid a hand on the table, willing the dreamscape to shift into the horror vision of the future where Moloch reigned supreme and everyone around were mindless machine men, just doing whatever work they were assigned to and moving like gears in a well-oiled, soulless machine, "Think about it - you've done many things that will ensure you'll be remembered for a long time... but if this comes to pass, you won't be remembered, even as the accidental linchpin that made it all possible, simply because no-one will have know anything but work and loving the omnipotent machine god that rules the dead, Static world... If you win, I'm not going to have much use for my spinal fluids... and neither will you. Well, he."

The shard looked around at the horror around him.
"No...you are lying you are trying to trick me, that is not what will happen the Forest will be used so that my spirit can be reborn in a new perfect body with a new Avatar, that he will make Fall and one day he will rule the Nephandi...well other than the Aswadim...off course, but he will be free to practice his Science and be revered by all as the world burns!"
The shard declared.

[Garage]

'Yeah... kinda.' sounding a little uncertain, but leaving it at that; feeling this is about as far as she was going to get in getting the Ratkin to understand.

"Ohh good idea, good idea, your cubs will be super duper smart."
Strawberry declared happily.

'Interesting...' Nicole said, quickly typing the message 'Rat and kin blood not good for leeches' on her cell and sending it to her email - for later study.

The little rat nodded at that her mind already drifting to other things.

'What, like worship this... entity?' giving another frown, having a vague feeling she even lacked the points of reference to ask the right questions or understand the answers...

"Yeah sort of yes."
Strawberry replied.

'I'm a woman of science. That is, I accept science and logic instead of superstition, magic and all that.' Nicole replied.

"So you worship Science whatever that is and are against magic even if it is all around?"
The werrat asked.

'An engineer is like an applied scientist. For example, I can use my knowledge of chemistry to make explosives in the field.'

"Ohhh explosives are pretty."
Strawberry replied.

(OOC: Yes no problem at all.)
(OOC 2: Would not a crack show up on x-rays? Yeah dental care costs it sucks.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:31 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Yeah it really sucks...but do you think Evelyn will be okey now...in the hospital? And can we go and visit her once she gets a little better dad?"
Your apprentice asked.
Colin smiled, "She was recovering before the plague was ended, so yes, I believe she'll be just fine. And of course we can go visit her - we'll have to try to sneak it in between my returning from Horizon and us going to Europe on vacation, hmm?"

Anja wrote:Jace gave a smug look at that.
"Well there was always the chance I would get captured so I needed to have a plan for that as well."
He said.
He nodded, "Well, I should have guessed - my previous incarnation had made plans in case a big enough piece survived gilgul, as well... It worked, obviously, and we've returned to the fray once more. We just had to get rid of that seed of Moloch first."

Anja wrote:The shard looked around at the horror around him.
"No...you are lying you are trying to trick me, that is not what will happen the Forest will be used so that my spirit can be reborn in a new perfect body with a new Avatar, that he will make Fall and one day he will rule the Nephandi...well other than the Aswadim...off course, but he will be free to practice his Science and be revered by all as the world burns!"
The shard declared.
He shook his head, "I'm assuming your new body isn't a hermaphrodite, so you're not likely to be overtaken by Moloch... but the new Moloch is certainly trying to come, and we have our suspicions as to who it will be - the bloody D'Angelos, first and foremost. But there are likely many candidates who do not realize what they'll risk ending up as. Oh, your new body will be powerful, and the Avatar he's trying to get his immaterial hands on would be a powerful one, well suited to organizing and coordinating such a takeover... but it wouldn't help. It would be like a candle defiantly trying to outshine a burning oil well. I'm no more in a habit of lying than I was when we were Heylel Teomim... though, I suppose you might not know too much about that."

((OOC: Och, hairline fractures are *nasty* - depending on location, can be virtually impossible to spot, and can hide problems for WAY longer than they ought to be able to. Sad Good thing you're getting the bloody thing covered, then. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:23 pm

[Chapel]

Colin smiled, "She was recovering before the plague was ended, so yes, I believe she'll be just fine. And of course we can go visit her - we'll have to try to sneak it in between my returning from Horizon and us going to Europe on vacation, hmm?"

"Yeah that would be nice dad. Evelyn is so brave, I hope she will be okey, we have to remember to thank Master Nassa properly for saving her it would be terrible if she died."
Anna said with a nod.

He nodded, "Well, I should have guessed - my previous incarnation had made plans in case a big enough piece survived gilgul, as well... It worked, obviously, and we've returned to the fray once more. We just had to get rid of that seed of Moloch first."

"I do favor contingency plans after all things happen."
The shard said with a frown.

He shook his head, "I'm assuming your new body isn't a hermaphrodite, so you're not likely to be overtaken by Moloch...

"No I have a few clones, the female one is to young I will keep it in case I need replacement blood or organs but the male one will do just fine."
Jace said sounding quite pleased with himself.

and we have our suspicions as to who it will be - the bloody D'Angelos, first and foremost. But there are likely many candidates who do not realize what they'll risk ending up as. Oh, your new body will be powerful, and the Avatar he's trying to get his immaterial hands on would be a powerful one, well suited to organizing and coordinating such a takeover... but it wouldn't help. It would be like a candle defiantly trying to outshine a burning oil well. I'm no more in a habit of lying than I was when we were Heylel Teomim... though, I suppose you might not know too much about that."

"The D'Angelos, idiotic pans who over reach their place, they might become a Rebis one day though and they have a twin soul, but no I do not believe you this is all a trick to try to lure information from me, well the Traditions will take no more. I will take you though and your friends and everyone you love and you will get to see them all die in my experiments before the time comes to you."
He hissed.
"You will see each of your loved ones die in angony by my hand!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:37 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be nice dad. Evelyn is so brave, I hope she will be okey, we have to remember to thank Master Nassa properly for saving her it would be terrible if she died."
Anna said with a nod.
Colin nodded, "We do. I'm sure he will think of some substantial favour we can return for it; it took a lot out of him."

Anja wrote:"No I have a few clones, the female one is to young I will keep it in case I need replacement blood or organs but the male one will do just fine."
Jace said sounding quite pleased with himself.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I'm fairly sure we can keep your college-aged clone and your little girl clone out of your grasp quite well. Not for a lack of trying on your allies' part, mind you - it was a good effort, but ultimately inadequate. Though I will admit to being curious as to whether you have more clones lying around somewhere."

Anja wrote:"The D'Angelos, idiotic pans who over reach their place, they might become a Rebis one day though and they have a twin soul, but no I do not believe you this is all a trick to try to lure information from me, well the Traditions will take no more. I will take you though and your friends and everyone you love and you will get to see them all die in my experiments before the time comes to you."
He hissed.
"You will see each of your loved ones die in angony by my hand!"
His voice took on a calm, steely tone, "No... You will sit in my soul, leashed and impotent, and watch as my allies and I tear down your work, bit by bit, rend your alliances and plots asunder, and liberate your victims. When we're done, there will be nothing left of your malice but a fading memory and a lingering aftertaste. All that will remain are your clones, with lives and souls all their own, and whatever of your work we deign to subvert to a nobler purpose."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:12 pm

[Chapel]

Colin nodded, "We do. I'm sure he will think of some substantial favour we can return for it; it took a lot out of him."

"Yeah he will probably come up with something. It was nice of Master Nassa to help Evelyn."
The young Orphan said and nodded.
"He is a really good healer."

He smiled thinly, "Oh, I'm fairly sure we can keep your college-aged clone and your little girl clone out of your grasp quite well. Not for a lack of trying on your allies' part, mind you - it was a good effort, but ultimately inadequate. Though I will admit to being curious as to whether you have more clones lying around somewhere."

"Oh you will not be so lucky in the long run my good man and as for the number of my clones...that is for me to know, and you to wonder about."
Jace said with a confident chuckle.

His voice took on a calm, steely tone, "No... You will sit in my soul, leashed and impotent, and watch as my allies and I tear down your work, bit by bit, rend your alliances and plots asunder, and liberate your victims. When we're done, there will be nothing left of your malice but a fading memory and a lingering aftertaste. All that will remain are your clones, with lives and souls all their own, and whatever of your work we deign to subvert to a nobler purpose."

"Will you now...I have my doubts about that, and while we are speaking of my work...your apprentice, she should have nice spinal fluids, how do you think she will react to me pushing needles into her spine? I will so savor her screams and make sure you get to watch."
Wallace said as he chuckle and rise.
"Thanks for the chat...so long, to bad she keeps me from directing your dreams or I would give you a preview."
He said as he started to walk away.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:58 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Oh you will not be so lucky in the long run my good man and as for the number of my clones...that is for me to know, and you to wonder about."
Jace said with a confident chuckle.
Colin smiled thinly, "Why would I need luck, when I cheat? My future self is as busy as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest putting things into place where and when they need to be, so we can stop you. Like it or not, I am Penance in this life. For myself, for Heylel Teomim, for any one of the many souls condemned in the Main Sentencing Hall... even for you."

Anja wrote:"Will you now...I have my doubts about that, and while we are speaking of my work...your apprentice, she should have nice spinal fluids, how do you think she will react to me pushing needles into her spine? I will so savor her screams and make sure you get to watch."
Wallace said as he chuckle and rise.
"Thanks for the chat...so long, to bad she keeps me from directing your dreams or I would give you a preview."
He said as he started to walk away.
He stood up, willing into place all the ghosts of Colin's nightmares that had haunted him for a quarter of a century standing as an honour guardfunneling Jace's path up to a vision of Eloine, that November day when Teomim had been dragged from his cell to see her condition, "You'll find that such hollow threats and suggestions have... somewhat less effect on someone who's heard the screams, real or imagined, for years on end already. I may be a good man, but I'm not an innocent one... Haven't been that in a long time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:08 pm

[Basement]

Colin wrote:Colin chuckled, "Well, I'm not Merlin, as far as I know - though family tradition does say my lineage goes back to the infamous daughter of Gorlois... Just don't tell the Verbena Gardeners."

"I won't." Serge said, chuckling as well.

Anja wrote:"Ah let us try to avoid the Paradox flaws Serge, as for cool, one day perhaps you will no longer feel the need to impress others and only worry about impressing yourself, when you realize that you are good enough."
Ange said softly then she smiled.
"And you will one day surpass me, you have allot of raw talent kid, though perhaps your old Mentor will have a bit to teach you for some time yet."
She added.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "But haven't you heard the old adage, the greatest compliment a student can give, is to surpass their master?"

Anja wrote:"Mr Wainwright is right Serge, nothing will please me more than seeing you surpass me one day."
Ange replied with a warm smile.

" If it will make you happy, then that's what I'll try to do." Serge said with a smile, his mentors words of advice feeling his with a nostalgic joy he hadn't felt since the morning. "One day...but until that day I look forward to learning whatever more you have to teach me."

Anja wrote:"I will stay in the common room Sarge and you can head upstairs, that will be quicker than me limping my way up. I saw my brother in the common room I will go and continue talking with him until you return."
Your Mentor said.
"Just don't bother Master Morgan remember we have some time."
She reminded you.

"Of course, I'll remember that. Make sure to rest your legs. You walked a lot of steps." Serge said sounding more like a parent than an apprentice.

When he was sure that his mentor would be all right he made his way upstairs in search of Master Morgan.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:38 pm

[Basement]

" If it will make you happy, then that's what I'll try to do." Serge said with a smile, his mentors words of advice feeling his with a nostalgic joy he hadn't felt since the morning. "One day...but until that day I look forward to learning whatever more you have to teach me."

"It will make me very happy child and until then I will continue to teach you, and one day you will carry on our Tradition and teach apprentices of your own."
Ange said warmly.

"Of course, I'll remember that. Make sure to rest your legs. You walked a lot of steps." Serge said sounding more like a parent than an apprentice.

"I...will take your advice kid."
Ange said with a chuckle.
"For now at least."
She added and she gave you another smile and then made her way to the common room to find her brother.

When he was sure that his mentor would be all right he made his way upstairs in search of Master Morgan.

You found Jeffry in the small room called the chapel. This was a meditation chamber with a stained glass window showing a sunset over a forest, the members of Steelhaven used it for silent meditation or religious rituals, there was a small altar by the window, and a shelf full of handles, the other furniture was mostly mats and some soft pillows to sit on but they had been moved and the floor was full of bed rolls. Mara was there busy preparing for some sort of working.
"Yes Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.
"We are just about to create a time bubble here so I do not have allot of time right now."

[Chapel]

Colin smiled thinly, "Why would I need luck, when I cheat? My future self is as busy as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest putting things into place where and when they need to be, so we can stop you. Like it or not, I am Penance in this life. For myself, for Heylel Teomim, for any one of the many souls condemned in the Main Sentencing Hall... even for you."

"Whatever you need to believe for yourself."
The shard said, clearly not believing you.

He stood up, willing into place all the ghosts of Colin's nightmares that had haunted him for a quarter of a century standing as an honour guardfunneling Jace's path up to a vision of Eloine, that November day when Teomim had been dragged from his cell to see her condition, "You'll find that such hollow threats and suggestions have... somewhat less effect on someone who's heard the screams, real or imagined, for years on end already. I may be a good man, but I'm not an innocent one... Haven't been that in a long time."

Jace scowled and frowned then realizing he had lost this one he just gracefully walked away. You noticed another shard there looking at you and you recognized Jodelle though she was not only a shadow, she still looked proud though.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"It seams you upset the doctor."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next