Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

5 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:45 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:Jace scowled and frowned then realizing he had lost this one he just gracefully walked away. You noticed another shard there looking at you and you recognized Jodelle though she was not only a shadow, she still looked proud though.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"It seams you upset the doctor."
Colin smiled thinly, "So I did... He's not worthy of the title Doctor, in any case. He's more like the Master, really... though I'm not sure which Regeneration. Ah, no matter, it's pleasant to see you again, Ms. Jerkins, though the circumstances could have been better. I shall admit to be a little disappointed at hearing your ghost is coming along with Jace's plans. But I suppose there wasn't much you or I could do to prevent that from happening... I didn't know about that side effect of the bloody serum until today."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Adley Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:50 pm

[Common Room]

Should we go and get my gear then Sir?"
Anna said after saying good night to the others, and she waited for your okey before she headed to the stairs.

"Yes, let's go."

Mr Roth Hicks I wanted to say thank you for saving me and Yu Die, you and Mr Yager saved our lives when that asshole pointed a gun at us."
The young mage declared.
"So thank you Sir I do like being alive."

He gave her a tired smile. "I am glad that I was able to help, but really I was in the right place at the right time, with the right spell. Some of that was your father's doing. And yes, my fellow cabalmate did a few things I am sure. I don't know what, his ars are subtle, but when the paradox hit we didn't die so I am pretty sure that he had a hand in helping to keep us that way."

[Chapel]

"Yes Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.
"We are just about to create a time bubble here so I do not have allot of time right now."

Adley opened his eyes from where he sat on his bedroll near his pater, legs folded, meditating. He gave Serge a nod, having checked who came in the door and could settle in again.

"I am sure no one will mind you casting near them."
Jeffry said with a slight smile.

"You say that now, but even now I'm making sure not to talk in the direction of the laid out pattern."

[Chapel later]

The old war mage handed you a cup of water.
"Here...drink something mea filius...What...what can I do Adley?"

He drank a little of the water and then said, "Not too much right now, but sooner than later, quite a bit, I imagine," he said, blearily. Him and Master Telear were going to have to help him with this in the not too distant future. He opened the packet of crackers he brought and started slowly eating them plain, first. He reached over and gave his mentor a pat on the arm, as if to say it was okay, even though he wasn't okay exactly.

//  He understands biology enough for what he uses it for or in a magickal way. The stuff regarding the serum he understands best its spiritual issues, rather than it's science based parts. That kind of thing, so while he knows what vaccines can do and immunity basically from school, he probably missed a more subtle hint because he doesn't grab the context.

// hairline fracture in the tooth sucks. Glad they figured it out finally but yeah, make 'em pay

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:59 pm

[Chapel]

You say that now, but even now I'm making sure not to talk in the direction of the laid out pattern."

"Ah...no we would not want the Deaconess's working circle to be disturbed that would not be good."
Your Mentor said, and you noticed that an unseen wind ruffled Marian's hair making the death magus scratch his head.

Colin smiled thinly, "So I did... He's not worthy of the title Doctor, in any case. He's more like the Master, really... though I'm not sure which Regeneration. Ah, no matter, it's pleasant to see you again, Ms. Jerkins, though the circumstances could have been better.

"The master I am not quite sure I understand Mr Wainwright."
Jodella said looking at you with a puzzled expression.
"Yes it is nice to see you again though in a way I am with you always."
The shard said as she sat down by the table.

I shall admit to be a little disappointed at hearing your ghost is coming along with Jace's plans.

"Why would you be I am Nephandi and so is he I desire Qliphothic Decencion and he seam to be my only chance to attain that, if you believed us allies you are I am afraid mistaken my good man, respected enemies yes but not allies."
Jodelle said and she raised an eyebrow.

But I suppose there wasn't much you or I could do to prevent that from happening... I didn't know about that side effect of the bloody serum until today."

"I am no one's pawn, the Serrum and the trauma I suffered at my end made me a ghost, well made what little of me is left a ghost, I am no longer connected to this part of me but I can not imagined anyone coerced her to follow Wallace Jace, the man is crude but if he can get the job done is there any reason why she should not have joined him, from her own perspective, not from yours?"
The shard asked and she supped a cup of tea delicatly.

[Chapel Later]

He drank a little of the water and then said, "Not too much right now, but sooner than later, quite a bit, I imagine," he said, blearily. Him and Master Telear were going to have to help him with this in the not too distant future. He opened the packet of crackers he brought and started slowly eating them plain, first. He reached over and gave his mentor a pat on the arm, as if to say it was okay, even though he wasn't okay exactly.

Jeffry gave you a worried frown and he patted your hand gently for a moment.
"I wish I could ease your pain mea filius."
He said softly then he pushed his own food over to you, it was what he would have eaten when out on campaigns as a young Flambeau, round sour dough bread, dried meat and cheese.
"Here this is more nourishing than some crackers."
He offered, desperate to do something to make you feel better.
"Do you want to go and see Cita once the time bubble have ended?"
He asked softly so others would not overhear the question.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:34 pm

[Chapel, later]

"I wish I could ease your pain mea filius."
He said softly

"It's going to be alright. I chose this and now I deal with the consequences, with the hopes it will be worth it for us all." Dimly, he realized that the paradox hadn't faded yet and sighed.

"Here this is more nourishing than some crackers."
He offered, desperate to do something to make you feel better.
"Do you want to go and see Cita once the time bubble have ended?"

Hunger and nausea fought in his gut. He took one of the napkins he wrapped the crackers in and took some of the bread, so his pater would worry a little less. "Thank you. I will do the exercises and if there is no improvement I will see her," he suggested.

// Going to have to go with Beevers-Master, if we had to draw one of the versions to date ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:52 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"The master I am not quite sure I understand Mr Wainwright."
Jodella said looking at you with a puzzled expression.
"Yes it is nice to see you again though in a way I am with you always."
The shard said as she sat down by the table.
Colin shook his head, "Ah, a TV show... The Doctor and The Master, age-old rivals and enemies; quite the pair... The Doctor is the hero, and the Master is always out with his nefarious plots to rule societies..."

Anja wrote:"Why would you be I am Nephandi and so is he I desire Qliphothic Decencion and he seam to be my only chance to attain that, if you believed us allies you are I am afraid mistaken my good man, respected enemies yes but not allies."
Jodelle said and she raised an eyebrow.
He smiled sadly, "I'd hoped you'd found some measure of peace, that's all. I was proud of you, you know, when you stood up at the end... Back when it was, well, me in the middle of it, we needed a staff to support ourselves... But that was centuries ago."

Anja wrote:"I am no one's pawn, the Serrum and the trauma I suffered at my end made me a ghost, well made what little of me is left a ghost, I am no longer connected to this part of me but I can not imagined anyone coerced her to follow Wallace Jace, the man is crude but if he can get the job done is there any reason why she should not have joined him, from her own perspective, not from yours?"
The shard asked and she supped a cup of tea delicatly.
He shook his head, "That's the thing. If it were simply that - trying once more to end the world - I could understand that, even to an extent sympathize. But Jace... that bastard doesn't want to end the world, he's got too much fun conducting painful experiments on people, torturing them by extracting their spinal fluid, and trying to rule the world, and all the Fallen, excepting the Aswadim. That's by his own admission just now, mind you, not hyperbole. That is in large part why I am disappointed to learn your ghost is tagging along with his merry little band of misfits. And if we can't stop him, a Moloch will rise and consume all the magic in the world, except me. Oh, he may have promised you the world for the taking, but make no mistake, he's in it for himself, not for the Malfean ideals. He wants the coffee of the world to keep existing, so he can keep pissing in it. And for all his scheming, the only thing his success will accomplish is seeing the world frozen in a Static nightmare, no Ascension or Descension possible..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 pm

[Chapel]

Colin shook his head, "Ah, a TV show... The Doctor and The Master, age-old rivals and enemies; quite the pair... The Doctor is the hero, and the Master is always out with his nefarious plots to rule societies..."

"I am afraid I never had much time to watch TVseries."
The shard said.
"So this hero is a doctor?"

He smiled sadly, "I'd hoped you'd found some measure of peace, that's all. I was proud of you, you know, when you stood up at the end... Back when it was, well, me in the middle of it, we needed a staff to support ourselves... But that was centuries ago."

"There is no peace to be found in the way the Traditions deal with the Fallen Mr Wainwright, that I refused to let them demean me or see me broken do not mean I found peace, they did not leave enough of me to find any sort of peace."
Jodelle said angrily.

He shook his head, "That's the thing. If it were simply that - trying once more to end the world - I could understand that, even to an extent sympathize. But Jace... that bastard doesn't want to end the world, he's got too much fun conducting painful experiments on people, torturing them by extracting their spinal fluid, and trying to rule the world, and all the Fallen, excepting the Aswadim. That's by his own admission just now, mind you, not hyperbole. That is in large part why I am disappointed to learn your ghost is tagging along with his merry little band of misfits.

"I have never claimed Jace is not cruel, he is a Nephandus the Fall do something to a person, usually, and he do want to end the world he just want to have his fun along the way, I might not agree with that but just like with Abigail and Gabriel, I did not agree with their practices but that do not mean I will not follow them to reach my own goals, what did you expect my ghost to do just haunt that damned hall and give up, that Wallace Jace revel in twisted experiments is not enough for me to give up the quest to end the world when he can give me the tools to do so."
The Nephanda said proudly.

And if we can't stop him, a Moloch will rise and consume all the magic in the world, except me. Oh, he may have promised you the world for the taking, but make no mistake, he's in it for himself, not for the Malfean ideals. He wants the coffee of the world to keep existing, so he can keep pissing in it. And for all his scheming, the only thing his success will accomplish is seeing the world frozen in a Static nightmare, no Ascension or Descension possible..."

"Do you take me for someone easily fooled Mr Wainwright? I am no longer connected to what little of me remains but I take it he promised her a body and a new Avatar, that is enough what he want to do once this is attained is irrelevant, as for this Moloch, you trust your visions completely I however do not, and Wallace Jace is my only chance to attain Oblivion and revenge."
The shard said simply.

[Chapel Later]

"It's going to be alright. I chose this and now I deal with the consequences, with the hopes it will be worth it for us all." Dimly, he realized that the paradox hadn't faded yet and sighed.

"It is going to have to be worth it mea filius, and I will make sure you get though this safely...that all three of you get through this safely."
The old war mage said with determination in his voice.

Hunger and nausea fought in his gut. He took one of the napkins he wrapped the crackers in and took some of the bread, so his pater would worry a little less. "Thank you. I will do the exercises and if there is no improvement I will see her," he suggested.

"Good...you eat and yes see if the exercises help."
Jeffry said softly.
"And if not go and see her...that is the best for now."
The old war mage still looked very worried though. You noticed Helena waking up and stretching.
"Good morning pater...and brother...ehm good five minutes later ehm...this is confusing."
She muttered as she unwrapped a saved pizza slice and took a bite of it.
"Did you two sleep well?"
Jeffry nodded that he had then he gave you another concerned look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:53 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"I am afraid I never had much time to watch TVseries."
The shard said.
"So this hero is a doctor?"
Colin smiled, "He is... but it's the name he took for himself; a promise: Never cruel or cowardly. But, I don't think it would necessarily be to your tastes."

Anja wrote:"There is no peace to be found in the way the Traditions deal with the Fallen Mr Wainwright, that I refused to let them demean me or see me broken do not mean I found peace, they did not leave enough of me to find any sort of peace."
Jodelle said angrily.
He nodded, "I am sorry to hear that. It was a futile hope, that you'd have found some peace despite the end... but all the same, I lit a candle for your passing."

Anja wrote:"I have never claimed Jace is not cruel, he is a Nephandus the Fall do something to a person, usually, and he do want to end the world he just want to have his fun along the way, I might not agree with that but just like with Abigail and Gabriel, I did not agree with their practices but that do not mean I will not follow them to reach my own goals, what did you expect my ghost to do just haunt that damned hall and give up, that Wallace Jace revel in twisted experiments is not enough for me to give up the quest to end the world when he can give me the tools to do so."
The Nephanda said proudly.
He shook his head, "If you had followed Abigail out of Horizon to cause trouble again - that one I could have understood, even respected, it's trusting Jace's promises that, well... let's just say I would trust him no further than I could throw the Willis Tower in broad daylight."

Anja wrote:"Do you take me for someone easily fooled Mr Wainwright? I am no longer connected to what little of me remains but I take it he promised her a body and a new Avatar, that is enough what he want to do once this is attained is irrelevant, as for this Moloch, you trust your visions completely I however do not, and Wallace Jace is my only chance to attain Oblivion and revenge."
The shard said simply.
He sighed, "It's true, I trust my visions... but it's not just a matter of my visions. Moloch is trying to come back, and will get Jace's captured Psychopomp. Unless we can get the Psychopomp first. But that aside, I expect I will see you on the battlefield soon enough. As you said, not a friend, but a respected enemy. When we meet, there will be no holding back. No parlay, no acceptance of surrender... We're not going to let Jace have what he wants. If it is any comfort, I will make sure you are destroyed, and not enslaved. I know Lady Crexia could probably turn the lot of you into her personal little spectral butlers if she wanted, but you specifically, I'll make sure are destroyed. You won't have revenge... but maybe Oblivion is still an option."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:20 am

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'No. Science is not worshipped. It is not a being. It is a system of thinking where you observe stuff, make predictions on why things like that happen, then constantly re-test your idea to see if it still works as you learn new things. If the idea like, fails - it means either your idea was wrong or the new thing does not belong in the idea. Or both.' the Etherite replied firmly.

'What is magic? Here we are, travelling at... 43 miles per hour in a machine where we're warm and dry. Through a city of millions of people, lit up with loads of lights making parts as bright as day-time. You just ate a bar containing fruits and nuts from hundreds of miles away, covered in plastic so it stayed fresh.' Nicole continued. 'Now, my ancestor, turning tricks in Quebec when it was nothing more than a wooden fort would have found all that amazing. In fact, chances are she'd call it all magic 'cos she didn't know about car engines, electricity or preservatives.' clearly explaining Clarke's Third Law.

Anja's Post:

'Yes, but only a gift for enemies.'

[The crack was on the back molar, tucked on the outside by partly-erupted Wisdom. Dentist *should* have noticed my repeated complaints about same tooth and run X-ray to see. But they didn't... and we "figured it out" when the whole thing caved in on - I think - the 21st of December. I'm very seriously considering changing dentists after this.]

[I'm not paying a thing; NHS. Well, I've already paid through taxes.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:44 am

[Basement]

Adley wrote:Adley opened his eyes from where he sat on his bedroll near his pater, legs folded, meditating. He gave Serge a nod, having checked who came in the door and could settle in again.

Serge returned the nod, looking a little envious of the bedroll Adley was meditating on.

Anja wrote:You found Jeffry in the small room called the chapel. This was a meditation chamber with a stained glass window showing a sunset over a forest, the members of Steelhaven used it for silent meditation or religious rituals, there was a small altar by the window, and a shelf full of handles, the other furniture was mostly mats and some soft pillows to sit on but they had been moved and the floor was full of bed rolls. Mara was there busy preparing for some sort of working.
"Yes Mr Yager?"
Jeffry asked.
"We are just about to create a time bubble here so I do not have allot of time right now."

"Oh, sorry. I just came to let you know that my Mentor managed to divine the location of the banshee. She'll attack an art student in Worchester tomorrow." he said, after a moment to catch his breath. "We also came up with a plan to try and save the her. Master Babu, my mentor's mentor, may be able to change her being and turn her into a Dream Lord."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:58 am

[Chapel]

"Oh, sorry. I just came to let you know that my Mentor managed to divine the location of the banshee. She'll attack an art student in Worchester tomorrow." he said, after a moment to catch his breath. "We also came up with a plan to try and save the her. Master Babu, my mentor's mentor, may be able to change her being and turn her into a Dream Lord."

"Very well Mr Yager, though if this happens tomorrow it can be dealt with later, we have to deal with the crisis of today at the moment. I will speak with you and your Mentor about this later."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

Colin smiled, "He is... but it's the name he took for himself; a promise: Never cruel or cowardly. But, I don't think it would necessarily be to your tastes."

"I see."
Jodelle said simply.

He nodded, "I am sorry to hear that. It was a futile hope, that you'd have found some peace despite the end... but all the same, I lit a candle for your passing."

"Your damned ritual leaves not enough to find peace but to much to find Oblivion there is no peace in that."
The shard said bitterly.

He shook his head, "If you had followed Abigail out of Horizon to cause trouble again - that one I could have understood, even respected, it's trusting Jace's promises that, well... let's just say I would trust him no further than I could throw the Willis Tower in broad daylight."

"What on earth makes you think I trust Wallace Jace? It is a relationship of practicality and he would not want his army to turn against him. Abigail is in as bad a situation as I am, what good would it do to follow her, it would be the blind leading the blind. Jace at least have some sort of plan, and no I do not trust him but I can deal with him."
The Nephanda said darkly.
"And you have no right to judge me Mr Wainwright, it is easy to sit with all your options before you and judge someone taking a bad option, a bad chance to do something rather than just remaining in passive suffering."

He sighed, "It's true, I trust my visions... but it's not just a matter of my visions. Moloch is trying to come back, and will get Jace's captured Psychopomp. Unless we can get the Psychopomp first.

"This is from your visions there are no proof beyond those things you yourself have seen."

But that aside, I expect I will see you on the battlefield soon enough. As you said, not a friend, but a respected enemy. When we meet, there will be no holding back. No parlay, no acceptance of surrender... We're not going to let Jace have what he wants. If it is any comfort, I will make sure you are destroyed, and not enslaved. I know Lady Crexia could probably turn the lot of you into her personal little spectral butlers if she wanted, but you specifically, I'll make sure are destroyed. You won't have revenge... but maybe Oblivion is still an option."

"We will see who will fall on the battlefield Mr Wainwright, do not be to sure it is you. But if I can I will make sure you die in battle as a warrior and that you are not captured, tortured and broken."
Jodelle said before she stood.
"It was nice seeing you my good man."
She said politely before she started walking away and you started waking up. All around you other mages where waking up, eating breakfast, brushing their hair or doing other morning activities.

[Boston]

'No. Science is not worshipped. It is not a being. It is a system of thinking where you observe stuff, make predictions on why things like that happen, then constantly re-test your idea to see if it still works as you learn new things. If the idea like, fails - it means either your idea was wrong or the new thing does not belong in the idea. Or both.' the Etherite replied firmly.

"But you like in a house full of mages you see magick every day, if you say it do not exist according to science then is not that going against what you observe?"
Strawberry asked.

What is magic? Here we are, travelling at... 43 miles per hour in a machine where we're warm and dry. Through a city of millions of people, lit up with loads of lights making parts as bright as day-time. You just ate a bar containing fruits and nuts from hundreds of miles away, covered in plastic so it stayed fresh.' Nicole continued. 'Now, my ancestor, turning tricks in Quebec when it was nothing more than a wooden fort would have found all that amazing. In fact, chances are she'd call it all magic 'cos she didn't know about car engines, electricity or preservatives.' clearly explaining Clarke's Third Law.

"Perhaps it all is magick."
Strawberry said with a smile.
"It do not matter, it works...and I am a rat that can turn into a human girl."
She replied.

'Yes, but only a gift for enemies.'

"Yeah...boom boom for enemies..."
Strawberry replied happily as you drove towards the meeting place you had told Henrietta to tell the werrats, you saw one person there, a skinny woman in a old, red coat stood there waiting looking around nervously, there where no one here but that one woman.

(OOC: Yeah sound like your dentist did not do his job. There you have it better than Norway we get all healthcare covered but not dental for you know teeth is a luxury. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:19 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"Your damned ritual leaves not enough to find peace but to much to find Oblivion there is no peace in that."
The shard said bitterly.
Colin frowned, "That... is perhaps something that could be addressed before the Council of Nine, at least. Creating specters like that is... not what anyone would want. Well, anyone of sound mind, at least."

Anja wrote:"What on earth makes you think I trust Wallace Jace? It is a relationship of practicality and he would not want his army to turn against him. Abigail is in as bad a situation as I am, what good would it do to follow her, it would be the blind leading the blind. Jace at least have some sort of plan, and no I do not trust him but I can deal with him."
"And you have no right to judge me Mr Wainwright, it is easy to sit with all your options before you and judge someone taking a bad option, a bad chance to do something rather than just remaining in passive suffering."
He shook his head, "I'm not sitting in judgment of you. And I understand a desperate choice better than most - a horrible option picked for want of any good options. I just hope your ghost hasn't gotten herself so tangled up in Jace's plot that he'll hurt her before he's done, too... That monster tortured children to death, and then tortured their ghosts, you know..."

Anja wrote:"This is from your visions there are no proof beyond those things you yourself have seen."
He shrugged, "Perhaps... But it is corroborated by Akrites Salonikas' prophecy, and a warning by the current Seat of Time, too. Oh, not the details, certainly, but... there's enough evidence outside of the vision that makes them well worth paying attention to."

Anja wrote:"We will see who will fall on the battlefield Mr Wainwright, do not be to sure it is you. But if I can I will make sure you die in battle as a warrior and that you are not captured, tortured and broken."
Jodelle said before she stood.
"It was nice seeing you my good man."
He nodded, "It was good to see you again, too, Jodelle. I'm sure we will speak again, in the fullness of time."

Anja wrote:She said politely before she started walking away and you started waking up. All around you other mages where waking up, eating breakfast, brushing their hair or doing other morning activities.
He took a slow breath, quickly getting his bearings, then sat up and set about making some sandwiches for himself and Anna before checking on her and seeing who else was awake by now.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:45 am

[Chapel]

Colin frowned, "That... is perhaps something that could be addressed before the Council of Nine, at least. Creating specters like that is... not what anyone would want. Well, anyone of sound mind, at least."

"I doubt they will care much."
Jodelle said.
"Perhaps the use of that bloody serum will be restricted as there are alternatives to that but Gilgul, unless methods to cleanse the Fallen are found I doubt the practice will be stopped."
She commented sadly.

He shook his head, "I'm not sitting in judgment of you. And I understand a desperate choice better than most - a horrible option picked for want of any good options. I just hope your ghost hasn't gotten herself so tangled up in Jace's plot that he'll hurt her before he's done, too... That monster tortured children to death, and then tortured their ghosts, you know..."

"I am fully aware of Wallace Jace's atrocities and I doubt my ghost plan to let him live as soon as she can turn on him with her honor intact, she will not just throw an ally under the bus after all and will adhere to promises given but once she is no longer bound by such oaths and she have been returned to life she will act, and if Jace turn on her first, well my ghost is hardly innocent, she will have known full well what the deal she entered into entailed and if that turn out to be a bad gamble then she will face the consequences."
The Nephanda said with a shrug.

He shrugged, "Perhaps... But it is corroborated by Akrites Salonikas' prophecy, and a warning by the current Seat of Time, too. Oh, not the details, certainly, but... there's enough evidence outside of the vision that makes them well worth paying attention to."

"The Seer's prophecy say that Moloch will rise again not that it will be due to Wallace Jace's actions, that is not proof."
Jodelle replied.
"It is easy enough to interpret a prophecy as you want or fear it to be."

He nodded, "It was good to see you again, too, Jodelle. I'm sure we will speak again, in the fullness of time."

"Well this little shard of me is part of you now, ironically being part of you is the only way I can get my original wish fulfilled, to have children...children other than my spawn that is."
She said sadly.
"If you need me then the Lady can find me..."
She said as she walked away.

He took a slow breath, quickly getting his bearings, then sat up and set about making some sandwiches for himself and Anna before checking on her and seeing who else was awake by now

Anna was fine she often had nightmares and looked a little haggard in the morning and her limbs was a little bloated there was a reason for those diuretics she took but she seamed to be ok and she gave you a smile.
"Good morning dad...ehm...good evening eh...well you know."
She said. Most seamed to be awake by now, Adley seamed to be feeling under the weather but the Chief and Helena was taking care of him. Helena had somehow managed to get her long hair into a neat ponytail already and looked ready for a military inspection while the Chief's hair was a wild mess about his dark face, normally he was quite concerned with looking proper but taking care of his apprentice took priority. Fran, Ty and Marian was having breakfast and having a whispered conversation together, the Deaconess was still meditating over her potpourri and Helga sat staring out into nothing as if she had an unpleasant dream.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:56 am

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"I doubt they will care much."
Jodelle said.
"Perhaps the use of that bloody serum will be restricted as there are alternatives to that but Gilgul, unless methods to cleanse the Fallen are found I doubt the practice will be stopped."
She commented sadly.
Colin smiled thinly, "Unfortunately, publicizing those methods is still a little ways off. But they will come. And there's going to be an alternative to the bloody serum, now we're becoming aware of the ridiculously high rate of ghosts coming from it..."

Anja wrote:"I am fully aware of Wallace Jace's atrocities and I doubt my ghost plan to let him live as soon as she can turn on him with her honor intact, she will not just throw an ally under the bus after all and will adhere to promises given but once she is no longer bound by such oaths and she have been returned to life she will act, and if Jace turn on her first, well my ghost is hardly innocent, she will have known full well what the deal she entered into entailed and if that turn out to be a bad gamble then she will face the consequences."
The Nephanda said with a shrug.
He nodded, "Very well, then. Let's hope he doesn't get to betray you all too much before we get him."

Anja wrote:"The Seer's prophecy say that Moloch will rise again not that it will be due to Wallace Jace's actions, that is not proof."
Jodelle replied.
"It is easy enough to interpret a prophecy as you want or fear it to be."
He nodded, "This is true. But there were statements from Miss Alexander's Avatar concerning the Psychopomp that corroborate the danger of letting him keep his Forest."

Anja wrote:"Well this little shard of me is part of you now, ironically being part of you is the only way I can get my original wish fulfilled, to have children...children other than my spawn that is."
She said sadly.
"If you need me then the Lady can find me..."
She said as she walked away.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, at least that means seeing Warden again, it seems. That's going to be awkward around the dinner table..."

Anja wrote:Anna was fine she often had nightmares and looked a little haggard in the morning and her limbs was a little bloated there was a reason for those diuretics she took but she seamed to be ok and she gave you a smile.
"Good morning dad...ehm...good evening eh...well you know."
She said. Most seamed to be awake by now, Adley seamed to be feeling under the weather but the Chief and Helena was taking care of him. Helena had somehow managed to get her long hair into a neat ponytail already and looked ready for a military inspection while the Chief's hair was a wild mess about his dark face, normally he was quite concerned with looking proper but taking care of his apprentice took priority. Fran, Ty and Marian was having breakfast and having a whispered conversation together, the Deaconess was still meditating over her potpourri and Helga sat staring out into nothing as if she had an unpleasant dream.
He grinned to Anna, "Close enough. Now take your medication and rub the sleep out of your eyes, I've got breakfast here. Just sandwiches, as I didn't bring the whole kitchen - but we've got ham, cheese, and lettuce here, roastbeef, tomato and guacamole here, and salami and cucumber here. No egg today, I'm afraid, but they've all got green."
He sighed, "Once we've eaten, I need to speak with the Chief about the... conversations I just had, and a few other matters."
He looked over at Morgan and Adley, "I've got some fresh-made sandwiches here if you'd like."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:39 pm

[Chapel]

Colin smiled thinly, "Unfortunately, publicizing those methods is still a little ways off. But they will come. And there's going to be an alternative to the bloody serum, now we're becoming aware of the ridiculously high rate of ghosts coming from it..."

"We will have to hope that one day they will do away with this horrible ritual."

He nodded, "Very well, then. Let's hope he doesn't get to betray you all too much before we get him."

"I am sure my ghost have some plans."
Jodelle replied simply.

He nodded, "This is true. But there were statements from Miss Alexander's Avatar concerning the Psychopomp that corroborate the danger of letting him keep his Forest."

"That is also quite open to interpretation."
The shard said clearly not believing you.

He smiled wryly, "Yes, well, at least that means seeing Warden again, it seems. That's going to be awkward around the dinner table..."

"Indeed it will Mr Wainwright."
Jodelle replied with a grin.

He grinned to Anna, "Close enough. Now take your medication and rub the sleep out of your eyes, I've got breakfast here. Just sandwiches, as I didn't bring the whole kitchen - but we've got ham, cheese, and lettuce here, roastbeef, tomato and guacamole here, and salami and cucumber here. No egg today, I'm afraid, but they've all got green."

"Ham and cheese sounds good dad."
Anna said as she swallowed the pills and handed you the hyper spray as the grip had to hard a squeeze for her to use, as she started making herself a sandwich with ham cheese and salad.
"Do you want one to dad?"
She asked.
"I will go back down and talk more with Yu Die so you can just go see Master Morgan right after breakfast I will be fine."
The girl said as she put the breakfast together.

He looked over at Morgan and Adley, "I've got some fresh-made sandwiches here if you'd like."

"Yeah I can make some extra if you want Sir."
Anna offered.
"We have cheese from that little shop a few blocks from here that sell real Italian cheeses."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:00 pm

[Chapel]
Anja wrote:"We will have to hope that one day they will do away with this horrible ritual."
Colin nodded, "Perhaps not entirely - there are still reasons why it might be performed - but certainly removed as a standard punishment handed out as though it were parking fines."

Anja wrote:"That is also quite open to interpretation."
The shard said clearly not believing you.
He sighed, "As it is, I must assume the worst-case scenario - the corrupted Static world under Moloch's heel - is going to be the outcome of Jace's actions, whether by his conscious design or not, simply because I cannot afford to believe it will work out in another manner without my interference. Oh, the world could collapse into a black hole tomorrow for completely unrelated causes for all I know, but what I have to work on is a timeline with clear cause and effect leading to what I would consider the worst outcome for both you and me. With that in mind, I have to remove that cause, so as to ensure the effect is avoided. Though I will admit, thwarting Jace's plots is a most appreciated extra bonus."

Anja wrote:"Ham and cheese sounds good dad."
Anna said as she swallowed the pills and handed you the hyper spray as the grip had to hard a squeeze for her to use, as she started making herself a sandwich with ham cheese and salad.
"Do you want one to dad?"
She asked.
"I will go back down and talk more with Yu Die so you can just go see Master Morgan right after breakfast I will be fine."
The girl said as she put the breakfast together.
He smiled, "I'm already fixing a couple, but let me help you with the spray..."
He pressed the hypospray against Anna's skin as per the instruction and gave her the dose, "There. I'm sure Yu Die will appreciate a bit more company. Hum, I'm not sure if you can bring her along to the Labyrinth, though."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I can make some extra if you want Sir."
Anna offered.
"We have cheese from that little shop a few blocks from here that sell real Italian cheeses."
He gave Morgan a wink, "I think you might do well to listen, both of you - she's quite determined to see that people are sufficiently fed. Also, that cheese is quite good."

((OOC: Aaaand now we can probably wait for S7trif3 to respond, too. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:17 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'No... I see things which are unexplained. Just 'cos you can't immediately explain it don't mean it's magic. Science never has all the answers... it's like a forever "work in progress".'

Anja's Post:

'It does matter. Saying it's magic, or demons or god or whatever is the lazy way out. Doing that is basically saying it's unlearnable. Science is learnable. This means it's then repeatable. It's like the magic that everyone can learn if they want.'

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked at the woman curiously, then pulled up into the lot. Got out of the car and looked around.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:29 pm

[Boston]

'No... I see things which are unexplained. Just 'cos you can't immediately explain it don't mean it's magic. Science never has all the answers... it's like a forever "work in progress".'

"But it is not unexplained at all, the mages here have allot of explanations for what they do and I am what I am because Gaia made me this way, she made the Ratkin to spread diseases when there get to be to many humans so that nature will not be destroyed, see it is explained."
Strawberry said happily.

'It does matter. Saying it's magic, or demons or god or whatever is the lazy way out.

"But I have met demons and some see spirits as gods, so if they are then I have met several."
The little shapechanger protested.

Doing that is basically saying it's unlearnable. Science is learnable. This means it's then repeatable. It's like the magic that everyone can learn if they want.'

"But allot of it is unlearnable. to learn our Gifts you have to be Ratkin or one of our Gifted kin, a regular person can not learn that and Tane say only those who are Awakened can learn a mage's magick, I can repeat the use of my Gifts again and again and again. By what you say there is allot of things that are not science for not everything can be learned unless you are a certain way."
Strawberry said.

[Roxbury]

Nicole looked at the woman curiously, then pulled up into the lot. Got out of the car and looked around.

The woman was tall and thin, she had a tired, drawn face and small brown eyes, her hair was unwashed and falling to her shoulders, she wore several layers of clothing and none of them matched anything else. The woman looked up at you.
"Are you Henrietta's friend?"
She asked as her eyes glanced around looking for possible routes of escape.
"I was told you needed help."

[Chapel]

Colin nodded, "Perhaps not entirely - there are still reasons why it might be performed - but certainly removed as a standard punishment handed out as though it were parking fines."

"It is fairly rare, only about 70 or so cases since Heylel Teomim, among those who are members of the Traditions at least, the number of non Traditionalist Fallen who have been Gilgulled are less clear. However Mr Wainwright if that ritual is to be kept on the books who is to decide who is worthy of it?"
Jodelle asked sourly.

He sighed, "As it is, I must assume the worst-case scenario - the corrupted Static world under Moloch's heel - is going to be the outcome of Jace's actions, whether by his conscious design or not, simply because I cannot afford to believe it will work out in another manner without my interference. Oh, the world could collapse into a black hole tomorrow for completely unrelated causes for all I know, but what I have to work on is a timeline with clear cause and effect leading to what I would consider the worst outcome for both you and me. With that in mind, I have to remove that cause, so as to ensure the effect is avoided. Though I will admit, thwarting Jace's plots is a most appreciated extra bonus."

"You are welcome to try to stop him."
The Nephanda replied.
"But I doubt many would believe the doomsday scenario you are painting, though who knows perhaps my ghost would."
She added with a chuckle.

(OOC: I will reply more to the Chapel scene after everyone wakes up when Strife have replied as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'No... what I mean is "unexplained by science". You can explain anything and everything using magic or whatever as the reason, doesn't mean it's right. Like this car is powered by demons, there's little people inside the TV, diseases is God's will for sinners and so on. Those ideas have no supporting evidence. That's what science is; by looking at evidence and drawing ideas on how things work from the evidence.'

Anja's Post:

'If I call a toaster oven a "demon", does that mean I've met one too?' Nicole quipped.

Anja's Post:

'Yes. There are some things that some people can never do. I could have a baby, a man couldn't. This does not mean "having a baby" is magical.'

'I don't deny that there are folk out there who can do things which to the normal eye could be called "magic". What I deny is the fact it is magic. It is simply things which science cannot yet explain.'

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'Yes, I am her friend.' Nicole replied, giving the possible-rat a little smile. 'The name's Nicole.'

Anja's Post:

'Yes. We're going on a rescue mission. For your kinfolk... I assume?' giving the stranger a curious look.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:08 pm

[Boston]

'No... what I mean is "unexplained by science". You can explain anything and everything using magic or whatever as the reason, doesn't mean it's right. Like this car is powered by demons, there's little people inside the TV, diseases is God's will for sinners and so on. Those ideas have no supporting evidence. That's what science is; by looking at evidence and drawing ideas on how things work from the evidence.'

"But I can turn into a rat, and I have spoken to spirits, these things are right."
Strawberry said.
"I don't know what supporting evidence is but i can certainly turn into a rat."

'Yes. There are some things that some people can never do. I could have a baby, a man couldn't. This does not mean "having a baby" is magical.'

'I don't deny that there are folk out there who can do things which to the normal eye could be called "magic". What I deny is the fact it is magic. It is simply things which science cannot yet explain.'

"So you want it to have the right name because you dislike the name magick?"
The little shape changer asked.
"That seams odd to me."

[Roxbury]

Yes, I am her friend.' Nicole replied, giving the possible-rat a little smile. 'The name's Nicole.'

"My human parents named me Gerda."
The woman said and she sniffed the air.
"I was told to wait for you here."

'Yes. We're going on a rescue mission. For your kinfolk... I assume?' giving the stranger a curious look.

"Yeah...one of the missing ones is my brother...I want him back."
Gerda said.
"I could not get the others to come, they do not see much value in human kinfolk, they can't breed at quickly as rat ones...I still want my brother back though."
She said with a shrug.
"He is a bit of a dick but he is still my only brother."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:55 pm

[Boston]

Anja's Post:

'Supporting evidence is like when you say, like... "rats are small" and then look at a hundred rats, and see they are all small. With science, you don't jump to conclusions. Otherwise you end up thinking stupid things, like "all rat-changers are called Strawberry because I met one and she was called that".'

Anja's Post:

'The word "magic" means something different for people. When they say "just like magic" it means "shit I don't understand and happened for no reason I see". It makes people turn off their brains. Just like saying "it's God's will" when people got sick in the old days stopped people from trying to work out how to make people better.' the Etherite replied.

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'There are more things they can do than simply breed.' Nicole replied, clearly rather defensively. 'Their general lack of giving a shit is noted. Company excepted, naturally.' giving Gerda a nod.

'Shall we go?' looking at her cell to see if they'd reached the time to leave.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:56 pm

[Chapal]

Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Yager, though if this happens tomorrow it can be dealt with later, we have to deal with the crisis of today at the moment. I will speak with you and your Mentor about this later."
Jeffry replied with a nod.

"I understand. I'll be in the common room with my mentor if you need me." Serge said, giving a polite nod to the security chief and a wave of goodbye to his meditating cabalmate before heading back down to the common room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:27 pm

[Boston]

'Supporting evidence is like when you say, like... "rats are small" and then look at a hundred rats, and see they are all small. With science, you don't jump to conclusions. Otherwise you end up thinking stupid things, like "all rat-changers are called Strawberry because I met one and she was called that".'

"Oh...I see."
Strawberry said.
"But all Ratkin can change into humans and rats, well other than the really, really old ones but very few get that old."
She informed you.

'The word "magic" means something different for people. When they say "just like magic" it means "shit I don't understand and happened for no reason I see". It makes people turn off their brains. Just like saying "it's God's will" when people got sick in the old days stopped people from trying to work out how to make people better.' the Etherite replied.

"The mages at Steelhaven seam to know exactly what they are doing and most of them are really smart and they call it magic."
The little wer rat said.
"It do not seam like their brains are turned of."

[Roxbury]

'There are more things they can do than simply breed.' Nicole replied, clearly rather defensively. 'Their general lack of giving a shit is noted. Company excepted, naturally.' giving Gerda a nod.

"Yeah you will find most Ratkin don't think that far, they tend to hate humans and dislike their human kinfolk and those like me who are born from human stock so...what can I say it sucks but it is what it is."
Gerda said with a shrug.

'Shall we go?' looking at her cell to see if they'd reached the time to leave.

"Yeah sure."
The Ratkin said and she climbed into the car she looked at Strawberry for a moment and nodded.
"You think we will be able to get the kindfolk back?"
Gerda asked.

[Chapal]

"I understand. I'll be in the common room with my mentor if you need me." Serge said, giving a polite nod to the security chief and a wave of goodbye to his meditating cabalmate before heading back down to the common room.

"Very well Mr Yager."
Jeffry said with a nod. You got back to the common room where Ange where talking with Ryan over a cup of tea your Mentor gave you a smile when she saw you.
"Did you find Master Morgan?"
She asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:08 pm

[chapel, later]

"It is going to have to be worth it mea filius, and I will make sure you get though this safely...that all three of you get through this safely."
The old war mage said with determination in his voice.

"Thank you."

You noticed Helena waking up and stretching. "Good morning pater...and brother...ehm good five minutes later ehm...this is confusing."
He took a slow breath, quickly getting his bearings, then sat up and set about making some sandwiches for himself and Anna before checking on her and seeing who else was awake by now.

"Good morning," he muttered, blearily. He was used to being a morning person, one of the first awake around whenever the sunrise was, if given a normal rest time, He was used to waking relatively alert but that had slowly been eroding and now, he all but looked like he had a hangover for all appearances. He didn't answer if he'd slept well. He felt grumpy and probably looked it too, methodically gnawing on a plain bread and looking awkward at being fussed over.

Anna offered.
Anna offered.

He grimaced. He knew he needed to eat more and he was hungry, but also didn't want to throw up. He looked as if he were going to refuse then said, "Thanks. Something plain, maybe..." He suddenly remembered the plain gruel that Erjne ate all the time and wanted something like that but he couldn't live on oatmeal.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:12 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yes. That's observable. Provable. Science has no problem accepting stuff like that. It's when folk say "...therefore they were created by a magic pink unicorn" or any other crap with no evidence which science has a problem with.'

Anja's Post:

'You can be smart and still turn off the brain. And anyway, none of them even agree with each other.'

[Roxbury]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... I'm a bit more proactive than that.' Nicole commented, lighting a cigarette.

Anja's Post:

'I don't know. Hope so.' Nicole admitted, getting into the car. 'You two know each other?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:22 pm

[Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Very well Mr Yager."
Jeffry said with a nod. You got back to the common room where Ange where talking with Ryan over a cup of tea your Mentor gave you a smile when she saw you.
"Did you find Master Morgan?"
She asked you.

"Yeah. He was busy with something though. Said he'd discuss this later after the more pressing concerns were delay with." Serge said, as he approached his Uncle and Mentor.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next