Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Meridian Porter

+2
Nicole Bouchard
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Welcome Meridian Porter - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome Meridian Porter

Post by Meridia Porter Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:36 am

Yeah, I'm definitely preferring alt Meridian, or Meridia.

I think I'll go with her instead of entropic loner Meridian.
Meridia Porter
Meridia Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:50 am

...A new hand touches the beacon. Wink
Warpmind
Warpmind

Meridia Porter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:27 am

Why ship you to Horizon just to ship you back to Boston is that the Council is there so if they decide there are important information Meridian and Tragedy have to tell they might request their presence. Allot like being called to the head office for something or to testify in a trial in another city, and then be sent back. I do not see much of a problem with that.

Was we then thinking Tragedy and Meridian was from the same Chantry, it was infiltrated and later attacked by Nephandi and now the mage authorities of Boston are investigating the Chantry? It would make sense if the two new one another or have I misunderstood something here?

If they are both from the same destroyed Chantry they might be hoping to one day start it back up. I mean one idea for the campaign when it started was that the PCs would eventually leave Steelhaven to start their own Chantry, that might be a seed for that happen, they get new allies to work with and eventually enough resources to try again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:48 pm

I don't see a 'problem', it's just seems a lot of 'lets make them very special for special reason' which feels too like extra work for little benefit. What's more, my slightly generic offering of; "Meridian's last Chantry 'fell', but she survived. Was shunted so some quiet locale for a bit to recover, but now she's been asked to talk to her Tradition seniors on Horizon regarding her 'next assignment'." not only lets you [the ST] off the hook for cross-checking etc but also allows Meridian themselves to 'fill in the blanks' through RP later, if so desired.

Which is why I also suggested that if the two new PCs knew each other, to make it more an 'old acquaintance' thing. Making them from the same Chantry etc not only needs more cross-checking between the pair but also removes some good social RP between the two PCs.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:44 pm

This is not a novel the point is to find something that work to get them into the game, something that fit their characters and not to have to debate it forever to be sure one do not use to many tropes. Also why do it make them very special if they are from Boston? I do not really get how your suggestion is less work. Also the Traditions are not and I again repeat not an army so that someone will be called to Horizon with all the cost of going there to get orders from the "BRASS" do not happen. Unless she is part of a order or group controlled by someone on Horizon she would be asked what to do by the seniors of her own Chantry, or the leaders of the local Tribunal. However someone called in to testify to an attack by the Nephandi that happens. It is off course up to the player what she want to do.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:15 pm

This is not a novel
Completely lost me now.

why do it make them very special if they are from Boston
Not 'special', just harder work. You will have to create more things, do more cross-refrencing to make sure stuff fits, help the PC with more backgound on 'Awakened Boston' of which they could simply learn IC if they came from another location, like Nick and Serge have.

I do not really get how your suggestion is less work.
Well, for starters you've gonna have to produce a story of 'what you know about Steelhaven so far' from the perspective of a Bostonian for the player to read. That is not something you'd need to do if they had never been there.

Also the Traditions are not and I again repeat not an army so that someone will be called to Horizon with all the cost of going there to get orders from the "BRASS" do not happen.
Where the hell did you get that from? I am assuming that characters have a tendency to listen to their seniors. If their Chantry was destroyed, it would be natural for them to reach out to said Tradition senior(s) for advice/suggestions on where to go next. Naturally, part of this would be explaining why this would be personally good for the PC - for example, they could argue that Meridian might make a good 'missionary' to the 'unconventional youth' of Boston, or that there's a couple of good NPCs there they think she'd benefit from knowing, or that the local Chorus isn't that well represented in the region and well, said senior would be pleased if they could strengthen their presence there...

It is off course up to the player what she want to do
Agreed. In fact, I only replied to this because your replies were so off what I was saying I feared you'd misunderstood me.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:16 pm

Not 'special', just harder work. You will have to create more things, do more cross-refrencing to make sure stuff fits, help the PC with more backgound on 'Awakened Boston' of which they could simply learn IC if they came from another location, like Nick and Serge have.

I do not see how this is more work what so ever.

Well, for starters you've gonna have to produce a story of 'what you know about Steelhaven so far' from the perspective of a Bostonian for the player to read. That is not something you'd need to do if they had never been there.

Not really a little paragraph blurb is really all that is needed. They know it is a mixed Chantry housed in an apartment building, it is farily active in the city's mage politics and generally fairly well regarded. There that is really all they need to know.

Where the hell did you get that from? I am assuming that characters have a tendency to listen to their seniors. If their Chantry was destroyed, it would be natural for them to reach out to said Tradition senior(s) for advice/suggestions on where to go next. Naturally, part of this would be explaining why this would be personally good for the PC - for example, they could argue that Meridian might make a good 'missionary' to the 'unconventional youth' of Boston, or that there's a couple of good NPCs there they think she'd benefit from knowing, or that the local Chorus isn't that well represented in the region and well, said senior would be pleased if they could strengthen their presence there...

Sure but they are not going to all the way to Horizon to do so, local senior members of their Traditions is who they naturally would reach out to.

However as I said it is completely up to the new players how they want their characters introduced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:56 am

Do you at least accept I was not suggesting that 'they are ordered by "THE BRASS" [sic]' in any shape or form?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:45 am

I accept that I misunderstood you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Nicole Bouchard likes this post

Back to top Go down