Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

4 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 19 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Adley Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:18 pm

"Yes I would assume so, blood drenches clothing both get stiff and uncomfortable
"A quick shower might be appreciated as well, I know I would have liked that if I had been a prisoner with one of the other factions and had been soiled with blood, and making the change of clothes seam like a kindness allow me to confiscate her old clothes and see what she have on her, without making it feel for her like use of force against her allowing her to keep a bit of dignity, a win for everyone."

"That sounds prudent and should not distress her as much as another method," he said, appreciating the woman's combination of pragmatism and care.

Later:

When he got to the library he took one of the most elementary books, noting Ryan's name on it and wondering if he had been able to talk to the Mercere at all. He tucked it away and went downstairs, nodding to Jon. "Yes, please. You may check me if you wish, as I've been away."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15 - Page 19 Empty Re: Plans, Twisted Souls and Old Memories IC Thread 15

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:30 pm

Tane's scene:

"That sounds prudent and should not distress her as much as another method," he said, appreciating the woman's combination of pragmatism and care.

Hildegard nodded she looked towards you and then towards the door to room 304.
"I know this girl Mr Roth Hicks, I am friends with her Mentor I am not pleased with what she have done and I am glad we have captured her...however while I hate the Nephandi Miss Getwater is bound to be scared out of her wits, I know I would be in her situation, adding to that distress is needless cruelty, I can be angry and have sympathy at the same time."
She said her face stern but her voice soft.

Later:

When he got to the library he took one of the most elementary books, noting Ryan's name on it and wondering if he had been able to talk to the Mercere at all. He tucked it away and went downstairs, nodding to Jon. "Yes, please. You may check me if you wish, as I've been away."

"Yeah I heard you and Colin one of the Adepts and two from Fran's Cabal where sent to Chicago right? Anyway I have added you to the log...go right in...she is rather...well it is hard to see her like this..."
Jon muttered and looked down.
"I wish I could help her..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 pm

"No...I assume you will save her from that indignity at least and I doubt anyone at Steelhaven will begrudge you...helping the child after...well if it comes to that."
Colin nodded, then asked softly, "If it comes to that, and she wishes to live... would providing a residence here be much of a problem, you think?"

"Well you can not present what you have as visions for that is an Initiate degree, you have to present them as minor time travel...but yes I do see your point...and let us see what the Deacon Council says first...then you can decide on your further course of action Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Considering the form of the visions, it rather feels like... how to put it... being in two times at once, and being aware of it. Rather similar to colocation, I suppose, only through time instead of space. I feel like I have full agency there and then, rather than blindly following some inflexible script - which certainly leads some weight to the idea of it being more than merely seeing the future."

"An apprenticeship with Master Nassa would give the girl a better chance at least, he is highly respected and powerful and known to be able to keep in check a very magickally talented widderslainte however there are no precedent to act in this Nephandi girl's advantage and she is a fully fledged Nephandus so even if Master Nassa should agree, which is unlikely, that still do not give the girl much of a shot."
"Quite, and there's not much basis for assuming that Anna - er, that's the name the Nephandi girl picked; 'Strangler of Fetuses' in the Nephandic tongue is a bit improper for everyday conversation, you know - that she will be the future apprentice of Master Nassa. I believe her training thus far is of the Hermetic type, so it would be quite a leap to have an old Verbena start her education over..."

"I am sure they would appreciate a good meal and yes today's plethora of spices are very different from what I am used to from my childhood and my parents where well to do...Lady Ceres' Mindscape is a time long before even my childhood, I understand her discomfort at modern food."
He smiled, "She accepted the explanation of recent quicker trade routes, though. Still, it's good that my mother's recipes rely heavily on old European spices and herbs like parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be too surprised if some of those recipes have remained essentially unchanged since Arthurian times; there's at least two recipes that call for some strange spice that I can't seem to find anywhere; I fear they might be extinct..."

"Not yet...the girl got so upset from that injection I thought it best to let her rest a bit with her friend before asking her questions as she is hard to understand at times for she speaks like the narrator in a story."
He nodded, "I would be glad to have a word with the young lady. Tomorrow."

"You have a point in that it would create chaos...then again a Technocrat is a Technocrat though it might violate the Protocol about protecting sleepers and keeping them from harm...well it is a moot point now anyway as the woman have been dead for over a century."
"I would not be surprised to learn a few Magi at the time considered taking action, and decided against it for just that reason. But, yes, moot point."

"Exactly, furniture is expensive Mr Wainwright..."
"...and Orphans are a dime a dozen?"

"You are right among our kind academic recognition is not a resource to scoff at...and no it would not surprise me if you have more rabbits in your hat Mr Wainwright, it would not surprise me at all."
"Indeed, such as a scrambling ward that makes it nigh-impossible to locate those covered by it by any other means than line of sight? That's saved us a couple of times tonight already."

"The problem is my good man that reality do not always listen, it might take that weapon you offer and store it for later until it have enough force behind it to snap your neck like a twig when it hits...and there are worse things than can happen than an unfortunate effect on metal, you internal organs liquefying for example would be a far more bothersome outcome..."
"That... is decidedly a fair warning. Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

"Well it would be a special occasion love."
"No biting in front of the Avatar doctor, luv."

"I hope I did not insult him Mr Wainwright..."
Liv said apologetically and glanced at Ingmar.
"He is a healer is he not...he have runes on him but not used the same way that my father do...is he Verbena?"
"I think you will be fine... and yes, I believe he's a quite skilled one at that."

"Are you here for that personal matter?...You better come into my room then where we can have some privacy..."
He nodded to Cita, "Yes... I brought Freddy along, so she can get a firsthand look... well, or a close equivalent, at least, at what she's getting herself into. It seems I've managed to identify the last Mage to host my Avatar, and that's a bit... of a doozey, as they say."
He led Freddy into Cita's room and helped her to find a seat, "It would indeed seem that my Avatar has spent the better part of five centuries picking up the pieces of itself and others, to rebuild itself for a new chance..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Colin nodded, then asked softly, "If it comes to that, and she wishes to live... would providing a residence here be much of a problem, you think?"

Jeffry sigh and look down.
"I...do not think the Deacon Council would deny her that if...it comes to that, some Chantry members might not be happy about it but...no I do not think it would be a problem but..."
The old mage sigh.
"However a mage that have been...she would require...allot of care...it would not just be giving her a roof over her head, she would need a carer to tend to her needs and she will likely be extremely traumatized in addition to the...despair...I suspect the Mercere would be a better bet if she want to live and...you want her to stay alive..."
He said softly.

He nodded, "Considering the form of the visions, it rather feels like... how to put it... being in two times at once, and being aware of it. Rather similar to colocation, I suppose, only through time instead of space. I feel like I have full agency there and then, rather than blindly following some inflexible script - which certainly leads some weight to the idea of it being more than merely seeing the future."

"Which is why the early promotion plan of yours might work, it could be argued that these episodes are fairly advanced magick entitling you to the rank of Adept."

"Quite, and there's not much basis for assuming that Anna - er, that's the name the Nephandi girl picked; 'Strangler of Fetuses' in the Nephandic tongue is a bit improper for everyday conversation, you know - that she will be the future apprentice of Master Nassa. I believe her training thus far is of the Hermetic type, so it would be quite a leap to have an old Verbena start her education over..."

"Strangler of Fetuses...not the name I would choose for my next apprentice...I do like Anna better...hum...well Master Nassa is a Diedne there are Hermetic elements to his magick, just do not say that to his face unless you want an traumatic encounter with the local flora...I think it is more about his willingness to train her rather than his ability to do so, but off course it depends on her Paradigm."

He smiled, "She accepted the explanation of recent quicker trade routes, though. Still, it's good that my mother's recipes rely heavily on old European spices and herbs like parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be too surprised if some of those recipes have remained essentially unchanged since Arthurian times; there's at least two recipes that call for some strange spice that I can't seem to find anywhere; I fear they might be extinct..."

"I see it appears I am going to have to get myself invited to dinner one of these days Mr Wainwright as that sounds delicious..."
Jeffry said with a bit of a smile.
"That spice you are missing though, you might be able to find that on Horizon, most of the flora was taken from earth centuries ago."

He nodded, "I would be glad to have a word with the young lady. Tomorrow."

"Off course...you are welcome to visit her Mr Wainwright."

"I would not be surprised to learn a few Magi at the time considered taking action, and decided against it for just that reason. But, yes, moot point."

"I would suspect you are right Mr Wainwright, though the Engineers where not the Convention most feared and hated at the time as they had started to get rather vocal about their dissent with the rest of the Order of Reason but some might have had murderous intent and decided the fallout would be to great..."

"...and Orphans are a dime a dozen?"

"Well no...but I consider damage to the furniture more likely than bodily harm to a Chantry member, and besides we do have an excellent healer in residence."
The Hermetic said and grinned to show he was joking.

"Indeed, such as a scrambling ward that makes it nigh-impossible to locate those covered by it by any other means than line of sight? That's saved us a couple of times tonight already."

"Now that is a rote there would be a market for...I would be interested in buying instruction in it myself if your Paradigm is close enough to mine to allow you to teach it to me."
The old war mage said and nodded approvingly.

"That... is decidedly a fair warning. Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

"Non quia esset sapiens erit...Paradox are one thing one better be careful with Mr Wainwright, trying to trick the piper can have bad consequences indeed."
Jeffry said and nodded gravely.

"No biting in front of the Avatar doctor, luv."

"No I am thinking we will save that for later love..."
Freddy said and grinned. Ingmar gave the two of you a bit of a look as if he did not want to hear this.

"I think you will be fine... and yes, I believe he's a quite skilled one at that."

"I am glad, I would not want to be rude Sir..."
Liv said and smiled before moving a game piece.
"And healer is a noble profession."

He nodded to Cita, "Yes... I brought Freddy along, so she can get a firsthand look... well, or a close equivalent, at least, at what she's getting herself into. It seems I've managed to identify the last Mage to host my Avatar, and that's a bit... of a doozey, as they say."

"I see, well as long as that last host to your Avatar was not a Nephandus I am sure it can not be to bad Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and smiled.
"Off course, Miss Adlebloom is welcome to watch if you are comfortable with it...please come in."
She said and indicated her room.
"Make yourselves comfortable."

He led Freddy into Cita's room and helped her to find a seat, "It would indeed seem that my Avatar has spent the better part of five centuries picking up the pieces of itself and others, to rebuild itself for a new chance..."

You got Freddy to a chair while Cita sat down by the living room table and opened her laptop, she looked up at you looking surprised.
"A collection of shards...I have seen such Avatars during my research when I was with the Void Engineers...sleeper crew on ships at times had strange Awakenings after their vessels had encountered collections of Avatar shards and these crew members had worked on something outside the ship since they where safe while the Awakened crew was not, but such splintered souls are...childlike and incomplete, they give some magickal ability yes but are often unable to fully lead their mage through Seekings...your soul do seam complete do it not Mr Wainwright? Why do you think it is...well to put it crudely, the Avatar equaliant of making a candle by dipping a wick into leftover, melted wax stumps?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:36 pm

Oh, yes, please, come in. We were in oĂ­r first chat. This is Cadence. Cadence, miss hildegaard is INE of tour tradiciĂ³n, she's here to help he presentes both ladies.
I'm sorry, sister, but in New Zealand last mames are for enemies and foreigners, and i don't consider you neither. I didn't want to be disrespectful. he said with a little bow
Please Take her, but be careful, since oĂ­r raĂ­z she has lost a lot of blood so she's cold and probably will get dizzy with the heat of the water. Be careful of her wounds.

Talk to me, the ladies are leaving into the bathroom. How are you?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Oh, yes, please, come in. We were in oĂ­r first chat. This is Cadence. Cadence, miss hildegaard is INE of tour tradiciĂ³n, she's here to help he presentes both ladies.

Hildegard raised an eyebrow as her request for Tane not to address her by her first name went ignored she said nothing more about it, the proud Chorister was not about to beg for proper etiquette but she looked at best disproving and she shot Adley a glance that said just how much she thought his new Cabalmate needed a course in manners.
"I know Miss Getwater quite well Mr Karyak."
Hildegard said coldly.

I'm sorry, sister, but in New Zealand last mames are for enemies and foreigners, and i don't consider you neither. I didn't want to be disrespectful. he said with a little bow

"Enemy no Mr Karyak but foreigner, well I am native to neither New Zealand or America seeing that I am from Germany foreigner should be quite fitting, however Sister Hildeguard, simply Sister or my title of Adeptus Majora will do if you do not desire to employ my surname."
She said politely but pointedly.

Please Take her, but be careful, since oĂ­r raĂ­z she has lost a lot of blood so she's cold and probably will get dizzy with the heat of the water. Be careful of her wounds.

"I will be mindful of her needs Mr Karyak, and treat her kindly."
Hildegard said as she sat down next to her Traditionmate on the sofa.
"Hello Miss Getwater...these are not the circumstances I would have liked or expected to see you again...now do not be afraid, I wish to help you to get cleaned up, would you like that?"
She said in a mild though still stern tone of voice. Cadence looked nervous and shameful for a while then she nodded and Hildegard helped her to her feet and supported her weight as she led the prisoner to the bathroom and closed the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:00 pm

"I...do not think the Deacon Council would deny her that if...it comes to that, some Chantry members might not be happy about it but...no I do not think it would be a problem but..."
The old mage sigh.
"However a mage that have been...she would require...allot of care...it would not just be giving her a roof over her head, she would need a carer to tend to her needs and she will likely be extremely traumatized in addition to the...despair...I suspect the Mercere would be a better bet if she want to live and...you want her to stay alive..."
Colin nodded, "And I expect turning to the Mercere for help would be my course of action, as well; if not for recruitment, then at least for help with care. But it would not be an instant thing, I think - it would probably take some time to arrange mentorship with them, and for that period, I would need to house her locally."

"Strangler of Fetuses...not the name I would choose for my next apprentice...I do like Anna better...hum...well Master Nassa is a Diedne there are Hermetic elements to his magick, just do not say that to his face unless you want an traumatic encounter with the local flora...I think it is more about his willingness to train her rather than his ability to do so, but off course it depends on her Paradigm."
"He knows where my rosebush is. I'll weigh my words with care."

"I see it appears I am going to have to get myself invited to dinner one of these days Mr Wainwright as that sounds delicious..."
Jeffry said with a bit of a smile.
"That spice you are missing though, you might be able to find that on Horizon, most of the flora was taken from earth centuries ago."
"Hmm, cooking with extinct spices - now that would be something to bring to a cooking show on TV... and before you ask, no, I wouldn't put my face on screen across America like that. One thing is being recognized by clients for my metalworking, but being a household name for bringing back extinct dishes, no, not going to happen. However..." He smiled slyly, "I suppose preparing an old-fashioned feast would be entirely possible, though I might need a bit of help. I don't suppose it would be possible to have Lady Ceris aid me in exchange for... forgetting a momentary lapse of judgment or two on her behalf?"

"Now that is a rote there would be a market for...I would be interested in buying instruction in it myself if your Paradigm is close enough to mine to allow you to teach it to me."
He nodded, "That could likely be arranged. The trickiest part to adapt would probably not be a matter of Paradigm, but the fact that I based the concept - quite brilliantly, if I may be so bold - on military electronic countermeasures that I was trained in the use of in the RAF. Essentially, machines to confuse other machines looking for me. But, I think we can manage."

"Non quia esset sapiens erit...Paradox are one thing one better be careful with Mr Wainwright, trying to trick the piper can have bad consequences indeed."
"Taken to heart. Always good to air these questions with someone who's... seen a bit more of what might happen before I try, anyway. Just might save me a bit of extra discomfort."

"No I am thinking we will save that for later love..."
Freddy said and grinned. Ingmar gave the two of you a bit of a look as if he did not want to hear this.
Colin grinned, "Luv, should we tell him how I was pretty much unconscious most of the first night you spent at my place?"

"And healer is a noble profession."
He smiled and winked to Liv, "Noble indeed. Second only, I would say, to the Courier and the Cook. But it might be wise to not let the Warriors know about that ranking; you might hurt their feelings."

"I see, well as long as that last host to your Avatar was not a Nephandus I am sure it can not be to bad Mr Wainwright."
He grinned wryly, "You say that now..."

"A collection of shards...I have seen such Avatars during my research when I was with the Void Engineers...sleeper crew on ships at times had strange Awakenings after their vessels had encountered collections of Avatar shards and these crew members had worked on something outside the ship since they where safe while the Awakened crew was not, but such splintered souls are...childlike and incomplete, they give some magickal ability yes but are often unable to fully lead their mage through Seekings...your soul do seam complete do it not Mr Wainwright? Why do you think it is...well to put it crudely, the Avatar equaliant of making a candle by dipping a wick into leftover, melted wax stumps?"
"Alright, let's start with the beginnings, some twenty-five years ago... My Avatar was weak; too weak to Awaken normally, or so it seemed. but when i took a Stinger missile to the face while flying over a combat zone and was rendered immediately incapable, it took over and used my skills to the fullest, as well as its own familiarity with physics and probability... essentially, the finest bit of piloting I've ever done, and I was not conscious at the time. For the next quarter of a century, my Avatar occasionally showed itself to me in the mirror, as my own face as it would be without the scars. And then we get to this week, when all of a sudden everything changes..."
He sighed, carefully beginning to sort the chain of events, "After the skirmish by the Verbena Life Tree here in Boston, I had a Seeking; I stepped through a very nicely framed mirror and wound up two decades in the future, pretty much hopping straight into a small fighter craft high above Horizon, fighting desperately to save the city, and my... wife and children down there."
He gave Freddy's hand a light squeeze, "That experience is a matter of record already; I din't need to recount it all here and now... However, I receive another two visions over a short period of time, as well as working out a magnificent meta-rote in a flash of insight: how to channel quintessence into a spell without processing it through my Avatar, even if that quintessence is presently locked in crystalline form. Not obviously relevant, but it is a little peculiar. Then, there's the clash at the now-former Mercere Post Office in Gary, where Freddy here suffered a bullet to the head, and I... rather lost it at the time, savaging the Nephandus who did it with a blade I had taken from another Fallen on the premises. And as I stood there unprotected, the last of the Fallen gripped my Avatar and... threatened to gilgul me if we didn't surrender. I don't recall precisely the next few moments, but my Avatar took over again, and seemingly used all my magical ability to set up some surprising reflective shield in the link between the Nephandus and me, resulting in her getting the brunt of the attack back, and my Avatar... molting like a crustacean. She is dead, and I... have a more powerful Avatar now. Of course, I, hm, neglected to mention this earlier, while you were still completely blind, luv, but when I said I passed out for a bit, that was actually a matter of days in a time bubble before I woke up again... and my Avatar itches like a healing sunburn all over. I held back on that at the time, because you needed to lower your stress, not add to it, and I hope you can forgive my waiting to tell you..."
He sighed, "Subsequently, three separate Fallen - one of which is a widderslainte - and a pair of quite noble earth spirits described my Avatar as a galaxy of pain and terror and hope, with a sad lady like a broken glass doll in an egg at the core. And the Fallen expressed fear that my Avatar would eat theirs - a most peculiar and disturbing notion - and one of them claimed that I must never enter a Caul, as I would tear it asunder. That's the part that suggest my Avatar has rebuilt itself. The most worrying part is something I glimpsed in a meditation just before returning - that mirror I described? It stood there, an empty frame with the mirror completely shattered, and I could see pinpricks of light, like a cluster of distant stars through the frame... and the shards spelled out a name - Mia. As I understand it, only one famous Mia is on record as having her Avatar destroyed like that, one Mia de Napoli... better known as the better half of a Solificati member gilguled and executed in 1470..."
He frowned, "The puzzle pieces fit, and if you would please take care with not sharing that with anyone, I would appreciate it. It's... a dangerous thing for me, to suddenly realize the legacy I carry..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Talk to me, the ladies are leaving into the bathroom. How are you?

"Busy, Mr Karyak and unhappy to hear that several members of the chantry have not been pleased over some of your actions. As well, please call elder magi by their preferred names, usually their last name unless you have been given leave to do otherwise with either their title or Mr or Mrs beforehand. I understand now why you choose to do otherwise but calling someone by their first name can be a sign of disrespect especially amongst older magi here," he began.

"The Chief has asked me to tell you what will happen with Mrs Getwater and to discuss your behavior with regards to taking prisoners and treatment towards them while they are here. We are going to contact her home chantry to see if they will accept her to stay with them until she goes to Horizon. Until then, you are not to be in a state of undress in front of her, nor are you to conduct any rituals on her without her informed and witnessed consent, that means someone else here at the chantry that is in charge would come to witness the girls allowing you to work rituals on her. While she is here with you, she will be restrained and kept locked up and I will be having a discussion with her. I don't suppose she's said why she became a Nephandus to you? We know they often try to coerce people into doing so...I would also like you to consider some of your actions a little better before you take them. The laws that we are under, inducing yourself Mr Karyak are not going to be kind to you or those you care for if you fight it instead of try to work within it," he said, pausing so he could reply before he said anything else.

Later:
"Yeah I heard you and Colin one of the Adepts and two from Fran's Cabal where sent to Chicago right? Anyway I have added you to the log...go right in...she is rather...well it is hard to see her like this..."
Jon muttered and looked down.
"I wish I could help her..."

"Keeping her safe through all this mess is helping her," he said and gave him a nod. "I appreciate it," he said and then went inside.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:56 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "And I expect turning to the Mercere for help would be my course of action, as well; if not for recruitment, then at least for help with care. But it would not be an instant thing, I think - it would probably take some time to arrange mentorship with them, and for that period, I would need to house her locally."

"I think I should be able to arrange that as long as you take the time and effort to care for the child, and you have seen Miss Florentine you know how demanding that might become...again it is not an easy path you have chosen Mr Wainwright..."
Jeffry said and regarded you carefully before he sipped his coffee the current topic seamed to make him a bit uneasy...but then that was the reaction most makes would have to a discussion about care for a Gilgulled twelve year old.

"He knows where my rosebush is. I'll weigh my words with care."

"Good...that is probably wise my good man."
The old war mage said with a dry smirk.

"Hmm, cooking with extinct spices - now that would be something to bring to a cooking show on TV... and before you ask, no, I wouldn't put my face on screen across America like that. One thing is being recognized by clients for my metalworking, but being a household name for bringing back extinct dishes, no, not going to happen.

"Well let us try not to break the Law of Shade shall we Mr Wainwright...I would hate to see you hauled before a Tribunal, I would worry what Miss Adlebloom would do to the Enforcers if she ended up disliking the judgment they choose to dish out."
Jeffry joked then he smiled.
"But if you want some of those herbs for personal use I am sure I can arrange for that...just keep it in your kitchen and not spread around to sleeper society."
He added sternly.

However..." He smiled slyly, "I suppose preparing an old-fashioned feast would be entirely possible, though I might need a bit of help. I don't suppose it would be possible to have Lady Ceris aid me in exchange for... forgetting a momentary lapse of judgment or two on her behalf?"

"I can not let a dangerous Marauder go on account of her cooking skills Mr Wainwright so no...Lady Ceres stays in her cell until the Deacon Council can decide what to do with her..."

He nodded, "That could likely be arranged. The trickiest part to adapt would probably not be a matter of Paradigm, but the fact that I based the concept - quite brilliantly, if I may be so bold - on military electronic countermeasures that I was trained in the use of in the RAF. Essentially, machines to confuse other machines looking for me. But, I think we can manage."

"I am not good with machines Mr Wainwright so something based on modern technology are not likely to work for me...energies, elements and spirits, correspondences and Divine names now that I can work with...and numbers...but machines, not so much."
The Security Chief said sounding skeptical.

"Taken to heart. Always good to air these questions with someone who's... seen a bit more of what might happen before I try, anyway. Just might save me a bit of extra discomfort."

Jeffry nodded at that.

Colin grinned, "Luv, should we tell him how I was pretty much unconscious most of the first night you spent at my place?"

Ingmar raised an eyebrow and did not look pleased and Freddy laugh.
"Relax...I was tending to him while he was in a Seeking Ingmar, it was perfectly innocent..."
She said though the Verbena did not look convinced.

He smiled and winked to Liv, "Noble indeed. Second only, I would say, to the Courier and the Cook. But it might be wise to not let the Warriors know about that ranking; you might hurt their feelings."

Liv did not look like she completely understood what you meant but she nodded.
"I am not going to say anything Sir."

He grinned wryly, "You say that now..."

Cita raised an eyebrow at that, skeptically.

"Alright, let's start with the beginnings, some twenty-five years ago... My Avatar was weak; too weak to Awaken normally, or so it seemed. but when i took a Stinger missile to the face while flying over a combat zone and was rendered immediately incapable, it took over and used my skills to the fullest, as well as its own familiarity with physics and probability... essentially, the finest bit of piloting I've ever done, and I was not conscious at the time. For the next quarter of a century, my Avatar occasionally showed itself to me in the mirror, as my own face as it would be without the scars. And then we get to this week, when all of a sudden everything changes..."

"Hum...the Avatar possessing the host and taking control happens, it is rare but not unheard of especially in order to save the host's life if the soul still think it have lessons to learn from that life, however such actions are usually only seen in the most powerful of Avatars and then usually only in Primordial souls, if your Avatar is not powerful this is very peculiar Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and raised an eyebrow.

He sighed, carefully beginning to sort the chain of events, "After the skirmish by the Verbena Life Tree here in Boston, I had a Seeking; I stepped through a very nicely framed mirror and wound up two decades in the future, pretty much hopping straight into a small fighter craft high above Horizon, fighting desperately to save the city, and my... wife and children down there."
He gave Freddy's hand a light squeeze, "That experience is a matter of record already; I din't need to recount it all here and now...

"Yes I have heard of this Seeking Mr Wainwright."
Cita said. Freddy gave you a warm smile and gently rubbed her thumb over the skin of your hand, returning the small squeeze.

However, I receive another two visions over a short period of time, as well as working out a magnificent meta-rote in a flash of insight: how to channel quintessence into a spell without processing it through my Avatar, even if that quintessence is presently locked in crystalline form. Not obviously relevant, but it is a little peculiar.

"The Rote I was told about by Master Harris that might be able to help Tobias? Yes it is a great stroke of insight but do not sell yourself short Mr Wainwright you might just simply be talented."
Cita said as she listened to your tale.

Then, there's the clash at the now-former Mercere Post Office in Gary, where Freddy here suffered a bullet to the head, and I... rather lost it at the time, savaging the Nephandus who did it with a blade I had taken from another Fallen on the premises. And as I stood there unprotected, the last of the Fallen gripped my Avatar and... threatened to gilgul me if we didn't surrender. I don't recall precisely the next few moments, but my Avatar took over again, and seemingly used all my magical ability to set up some surprising reflective shield in the link between the Nephandus and me, resulting in her getting the brunt of the attack back, and my Avatar... molting like a crustacean. She is dead, and I... have a more powerful Avatar now. Of course, I, hm, neglected to mention this earlier, while you were still completely blind, luv, but when I said I passed out for a bit, that was actually a matter of days in a time bubble before I woke up again... and my Avatar itches like a healing sunburn all over. I held back on that at the time, because you needed to lower your stress, not add to it, and I hope you can forgive my waiting to tell you..."

"I...heard you scream Colin..."
Freddy muttered very softly.
"I do not want to hear that sound ever again."
The young Virtual Adept said and she suddenly hugged you and just held you for a while.
"What if that blasted Nephandus had...no I do not even want to think about that...but you say your Avatar itch...is...it going to be ok?"
She asked sounding concerned.
"I...forgive you, I was pretty badly hurt but I wish you would not have had to go through that recovery alone..."
Freddy said just holding you for a moment longer then she muttered angrily.
"And if that Nephandus was not dead I would take my oldest cell phone...and it is pretty big and ram it so hard up her ass it came out through her nose...I will never let anyone hurt you like that again!"
She declared firmly.

Cita said nothing as Freddy hugged you and then declared her anger for the poor departed Fallen Spirit mage but then once Freddy fell silent she asked.
"Molted...as in not harmed but...molted...I have never...heard of anything like that before..."
She said and looked at you like if she wanted to dissect you on the spot...

He sighed, "Subsequently, three separate Fallen - one of which is a widderslainte - and a pair of quite noble earth spirits described my Avatar as a galaxy of pain and terror and hope, with a sad lady like a broken glass doll in an egg at the core. And the Fallen expressed fear that my Avatar would eat theirs - a most peculiar and disturbing notion - and one of them claimed that I must never enter a Caul, as I would tear it asunder. That's the part that suggest my Avatar has rebuilt itself.

"Well if your Avatar really scare Fallen souls that can off course be very useful Mr Wainwright but again it is not something I have heard before...I have heard of Avatars intimidating one another...but nothing quite like this...and that description..."
The Spirit Master muttered as you described what had happened to you.

The most worrying part is something I glimpsed in a meditation just before returning - that mirror I described? It stood there, an empty frame with the mirror completely shattered, and I could see pinpricks of light, like a cluster of distant stars through the frame... and the shards spelled out a name - Mia. As I understand it, only one famous Mia is on record as having her Avatar destroyed like that, one Mia de Napoli... better known as the better half of a Solificati member gilguled and executed in 1470..."

There was utter silence in the room for a moment then Freddy asked.
"Ehm so you are telling me you might be...the reincarnation...or at least partial reincarnation of Heylel Teomim Thoabath...that is...well...fuck..."
She muttered and took a harder grip on your hand. Cita just stared at you for a moment before she said.
"If this turns out to be true Mr Wainwright then I take it back...that is worse than if your former life was a Nephandus and your life expectancy....well you can never let this get out...you would be lynched...."
She muttered darkly.
"If you where lucky."

He frowned, "The puzzle pieces fit, and if you would please take care with not sharing that with anyone, I would appreciate it. It's... a dangerous thing for me, to suddenly realize the legacy I carry..."

"I...will tell no one Mr Wainwright...I...well I better start the examination...see if I can confirm any of this...ehm...this should not be uncomfortable beyond the potential that your Avatar will react with anger to me looking at her and you might end up feeling that anger...do...do I have your concent to do the scan?"
Cita asked...visibly shaken by what you had just told her."

Adley:

Later:

"Keeping her safe through all this mess is helping her," he said and gave him a nod. "I appreciate it," he said and then went inside.

Jon sigh and nodded.
"I know Adley it is just that...she is in our Cabal man...they tried to...a member of our Cabal, that shit only happen in horror stories, not to people you know, and now she is hurting and I just want to help her make it stop and I...can't do anything..."
The Virtual Adept said sounding frustrated and he leaned his head against the wall.
"This week have been royally fucked up."
He declared.

You get inside the Node chamber and see Amadeus trying to calm Beatrice by gently rocking her in his arms, the younger Verbena was pale and mewling softly in pain, she looked exhausted but was clearly not sleeping much. Amadeus looks up at you and gave you a bit of a smile.
"Mr Roth Hicks...are you here to see Beatrice...please come in."
He said.
"Perhaps seeing you will do her some good."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 am

"I know Adley it is just that...she is in our Cabal man...they tried to...a member of our Cabal, that shit only happen in horror stories, not to people you know, and now she is hurting and I just want to help her make it stop and I...can't do anything..."

"Horror stories of other people, you mean. People always want to think it cannot happen to the or people they know. It can indeed happen to people you know. Most unfortunately." He sighed, looking at him. "I want to help as well, which is why I'm here."

"Mr Roth Hicks...are you here to see Beatrice...please come in." He said. "Perhaps seeing you will do her some good."

"I do hope so," he said, nodding to the Verbena. He came over to her so she could see him, frowning a little at how upset she looked. "AdelfĂ­, I have returned. I have brought you a present from Colin...he sends his care, though he is not able to visit right now."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:07 am

You're far more native to this chantry and at least you're normal to the culture, unlike me. It would be improper, but Mis Majora would be better? He asked complaciently.

I belive disrespect has to do with other kind of behaviour, calling people as you didn't know it would bother them not being one of them. In any case, i'll mind it. he said

We are going to contact her home chantry to see if they will accept her to stay with them until she goes to Horizon.
I talked to him a minute ago and he told me to take care of her so i can prepare her defense. So i need to work with her, and stay with her. Another chantry would make that hard if not impossible.

I don't suppose she's said why she became a Nephandus to you?
She has already stated she's been cohersed into it, and i have the statement recorded, thank you. he said, and replied I want to work inside the laws, but i will ultimatelly work inside what i belive is fair, and what is justice. I hope i can find some kind of justice inside the laws, but i will be respectful, in any case. IS there something else?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:20 am

"I think I should be able to arrange that as long as you take the time and effort to care for the child, and you have seen Miss Florentine you know how demanding that might become...again it is not an easy path you have chosen Mr Wainwright..."
Colin nodded, "No, it isn't... but all the more necessary that I walk it to the end; my decisions, my actions put me on it, and walking away from it now would be... cowardice. Oh, sure, I suppose there wouldn't be any legal issues with... just letting her go, but I don't think I could live with myself afterwards."

"Well let us try not to break the Law of Shade shall we Mr Wainwright...I would hate to see you hauled before a Tribunal, I would worry what Miss Adlebloom would do to the Enforcers if she ended up disliking the judgment they choose to dish out."
Jeffry joked then he smiled.
"But if you want some of those herbs for personal use I am sure I can arrange for that...just keep it in your kitchen and not spread around to sleeper society."
"Actually, I'd be more worried about my Avatar's response to any... punitive measures. I hear tell Master Ir's Avatar is too dangerous to attack. I'm inclined to suspect mine would do something far less damaging and significantly more... undignified. Nevertheless, I suppose letting an unexpected discovery of some viable seeds from an extinct plant and the subsequent cultivation of it over a few years - preferably by use of a proxy - reach the public over a few years' time might be pardonable, so long as it's plausible enough. Suddenly handing out huge jars of a seasoning that's not supposed to exist, on the other hand... no, I may be a bit enthusiastic at times, but I'm hardly that reckless."

"I can not let a dangerous Marauder go on account of her cooking skills Mr Wainwright so no...Lady Ceres stays in her cell until the Deacon Council can decide what to do with her..."
"Oh, I know. However, I'm sure they would appreciate partaking of the food, even if in the, hm, comfort of their own little padded cell..."

"I am not good with machines Mr Wainwright so something based on modern technology are not likely to work for me...energies, elements and spirits, correspondences and Divine names now that I can work with...and numbers...but machines, not so much."
"There's the thing, though, it only mimics what that machine does by creating a thin shell of flux - a little bit of chaos to mask resonances. I'm sure you'll find it amusing that it plays merry hell with mobile phones within the ward, as well... but we can get back to that when there's a little more time to spare. Numbers... would probably be the easiest approach for you, I think."

"Hum...the Avatar possessing the host and taking control happens, it is rare but not unheard of especially in order to save the host's life if the soul still think it have lessons to learn from that life, however such actions are usually only seen in the most powerful of Avatars and then usually only in Primordial souls, if your Avatar is not powerful this is very peculiar Mr Wainwright."
"Precisely; it behaves as though it were far older and stronger than it appears..."

"The Rote I was told about by Master Harris that might be able to help Tobias? Yes it is a great stroke of insight but do not sell yourself short Mr Wainwright you might just simply be talented."
"The very same... and it's more the timing of that bit of insight that was mildly surprising - I've got numerous books on theoretical spells and applications worked on over the past twenty-some years, I just never had the power and insight to apply them. I suspect the day I figure out how to generate, say, a flame or electric spark, I can apply that fairly immediately to some pretty interesting effects. But I digress..."

"I...heard you scream Colin..."
Freddy muttered very softly.
"I do not want to hear that sound ever again."
The young Virtual Adept said and she suddenly hugged you and just held you for a while.
"What if that blasted Nephandus had...no I do not even want to think about that...but you say your Avatar itch...is...it going to be ok?"
Colin hugged Freddy back, "I'd rather not experience it again... I may have gained power, but it's a really, really horrid and unpleasant way to do so. I think it will be just fine, it's only a bit sore. Magic works just fine, except the itch is mildly distracting."

"And if that Nephandus was not dead I would take my oldest cell phone...and it is pretty big and ram it so hard up her ass it came out through her nose...I will never let anyone hurt you like that again!"
He smiled wryly, "Is that one of those indestructible Nokias, or one of those older models that required a thirty-pound battery to lug around?"

"Molted...as in not harmed but...molted...I have never...heard of anything like that before..."
She said and looked at you like if she wanted to dissect you on the spot...
"Yes, the old shell cracked, and the Avatar within was able to flex its muscles and stretch its, well... metaphysical body. And please, that look is slightly unnerving."

"Well if your Avatar really scare Fallen souls that can off course be very useful Mr Wainwright but again it is not something I have heard before...I have heard of Avatars intimidating one another...but nothing quite like this...and that description..."
"If you like, we have a Nephandus nobody - Fallen included - likes locked up in the laundry room. We could probably go see if his Avatar is spooked, as well... I would rather not risk frightening Beatrice or Chief Morgan's new Apprentice."

"Ehm so you are telling me you might be...the reincarnation...or at least partial reincarnation of Heylel Teomim Thoabath...that is...well...fuck..."
He nodded slowly, "His better half, but yes... part of the Betrayer has reassembled itself, it seems, and been reborn..."

"If this turns out to be true Mr Wainwright then I take it back...that is worse than if your former life was a Nephandus and your life expectancy....well you can never let this get out...you would be lynched...."
She muttered darkly.
"If you where lucky."
"I do believe any attempts on my Avatar might prove... unpleasant for whoever tries something, but a lynching is a very corporeal and real concern. Fortunately, only a handful of people are aware of this, and I hope to keep it that way - I trust them implicitly in this matter; Morningstar's Security Chief, Adley, Chief Morgan, and now you two..."

"I...will tell no one Mr Wainwright...I...well I better start the examination...see if I can confirm any of this...ehm...this should not be uncomfortable beyond the potential that your Avatar will react with anger to me looking at her and you might end up feeling that anger...do...do I have your concent to do the scan?"
He nodded, "I give you my consent to try to examine my Avatar - but I urge you to be a bit cautious; it remains a bit itchy and sore, so any... prodding might cause it to lash back at you. I will try to keep it calm, though, if you will permit me a moment to start meditating first..."

He sat down and took a few deep breaths, turning his gaze inward and seeking the mirror frame, trying to calm his Avatar's reaction to Cita's presence by holding its proverbial hand, almost like a pet owner being there to calm their pet at the veterinarian's office.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:33 am

You're far more native to this chantry and at least you're normal to the culture, unlike me. It would be improper, but Mis Majora would be better? He asked complaciently.

"Adeptus Majora Gottschalk is her rank and suname, or simply do as she asked you to call her a few moments ago."

I belive disrespect has to do with other kind of behaviour, calling people as you didn't know it would bother them not being one of them. In any case, i'll mind it. he said

"I'm not quite sure I follow? As it did clearly bother her and is a general standard here, it's better to err on the side of the way we do things here to avoid confusion. Though explaining why you called them by their first name would help matters in that you did not mean offense."

I talked to him a minute ago and he told me to take care of her so i can prepare her defense. So i need to work with her, and stay with her. Another chantry would make that hard if not impossible.

"If you talked to him a minute ago, I talked to him ten seconds ago. I've just come from his office with these instructions. It will not be immediate that someone will come from her home chantry, likely we are in a state of war. He is a very busy man given what is gonig on, but if you feel the need to clarify the matter then I will let him know."

She has already stated she's been cohersed into it, and i have the statement recorded, thank you. he said,

"I see, we've heard that too many times." He frowned. "I would like to take the recording to the Chief, or please do give it to him later. I still would like to speak with her."

I want to work inside the laws, but i will ultimatelly work inside what i belive is fair, and what is justice. I hope i can find some kind of justice inside the laws, but i will be respectful, in any case. IS there something else?

"Mr Karyak I know it is difficult believe me, I too hope that we can arrive at justice within the laws and I'm trying to help you do so. Because the alternatives...they will not go well for you or those you are trying to advocate for if it's not handled very carefully. I would not like to see that happen."

IS there something else?

"Several things.  I heard that you were thinking of some type of shapechanger ritual that might help Nephandi avatars somehow become purified. As it happens, I think that such a thing could be possible if very difficult; though I need to hear more about it. And we need to see if the girl or your allies would even wish to try it out on a mage. But if we do not move carefully, then attempting it will never be allowed. You will need to provide some evidence that such a thing is possible on a mage beforehand, gather an argument for such a thing and then it would be presented to the Council's Tribunal.

"As well, the Mercere that we were trying to keep safe here and that had already suffered greatly, having lost their avatars, are now rendered further traumatized having seen you manifest someone else's avatar in front of them. That was careless and un-thoughtful of their situation. I do hope that you understand how deeply troubling that is, both for their sake and for the reason they were brought here in the first place."

"And there is one more thing. I hear that you have certain affections for Beatrice. She is my sister and my cabalmate. I do not wish to see her further hurt and am trying to help her recover. However, she is in a very fragile state right now and it will take a while for her to improve. You will likely hear from both me and our cabal leader, Mr Wainwright. Is there anything you wish to talk to me about?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:18 am

Adley:

Later:

"Horror stories of other people, you mean. People always want to think it cannot happen to the or people they know. It can indeed happen to people you know. Most unfortunately." He sighed, looking at him. "I want to help as well, which is why I'm here."

"Yeah I mean I knew that ritual existed but I never...thought I would you know have to deal with knowing someone who...yeah I guess it can happen to someone you know and it is fucked up...it is just so fucked up Adley...yeah if you can help her do what you can..."
Jon muttered.

"I do hope so," he said, nodding to the Verbena. He came over to her so she could see him, frowning a little at how upset she looked. "AdelfĂ­, I have returned. I have brought you a present from Colin...he sends his care, though he is not able to visit right now."

Beatrice looked at you as you spoke to her, she was bathed in sweat and her eyes where red and swollen from crying.
"Adley..."
She muttered and she managed to smile slightly and lifted her chained hands up towards you though she did not manage to hold them up for long and they sank back into her lap, you notice her wrists where raw again from her struggling.
"Is Colin ok...since he...could not be...here?"
She asked weakly.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "No, it isn't... but all the more necessary that I walk it to the end; my decisions, my actions put me on it, and walking away from it now would be... cowardice. Oh, sure, I suppose there wouldn't be any legal issues with... just letting her go, but I don't think I could live with myself afterwards."

"You are a good man Colin, and no just abandoning the girl now would not be right. If she survives and gets strong enough to be...I will ask the Mercere if they can at least give you basic instruction in how to take care of her before one of them willing to take over the responsibility can be found...and...I might need that bit of instruction myself."
Jeffry muttered, clearly thinking about young Kyle.

"Actually, I'd be more worried about my Avatar's response to any... punitive measures. I hear tell Master Ir's Avatar is too dangerous to attack. I'm inclined to suspect mine would do something far less damaging and significantly more... undignified.

"While Branding is a possibility we do have other punishments including physical branding, corporal punishments, imprisonment, indentured servitude, or just being tossed out of the Traditions for a longer or shorter period of time, various punitive tasks and so on, I am sure we could find something to fit you...as for Master Ir...yes that was a black day for House Guernicus..."
The old Hermetic muttered and frowned.

Nevertheless, I suppose letting an unexpected discovery of some viable seeds from an extinct plant and the subsequent cultivation of it over a few years - preferably by use of a proxy - reach the public over a few years' time might be pardonable, so long as it's plausible enough.

"That would indeed be preassemble if done in such a way Mr Wainwright.""
Jeffry commented.

Suddenly handing out huge jars of a seasoning that's not supposed to exist, on the other hand... no, I may be a bit enthusiastic at times, but I'm hardly that reckless."

"Good keep it that way I have enough to deal with when it comes to recklessness with your Mr Karyak."
The Security Chief said and sigh.

"Oh, I know. However, I'm sure they would appreciate partaking of the food, even if in the, hm, comfort of their own little padded cell..."

"Off course and I have no objections to that at all, they are victims in this as well and I would want them to be as comfortable as possible."

"There's the thing, though, it only mimics what that machine does by creating a thin shell of flux - a little bit of chaos to mask resonances. I'm sure you'll find it amusing that it plays merry hell with mobile phones within the ward, as well...

"Ah yes that do sound quite amusing indeed Mr Wainwright, I think I approve of this ward, and a flux that lead to a bit of chaos...I might be able to wrap my head around that as long as there are no actual machines involved...I am never going to understand how Master Telar can do magick with those things...but she make look easy...and beautiful..."
The old mage gave a bit of an smile at the thought of the Virtual Adept Master then rained that in.
"Ehm...yes so...anyway well perhaps the rote could be adjusted for my Paradigm yes."

but we can get back to that when there's a little more time to spare. Numbers... would probably be the easiest approach for you, I think."

"Yes it is not something we should indulge in when time is so short that is right Mr Wainwright and as for numbers yes numerology is a passion of mine."

"Precisely; it behaves as though it were far older and stronger than it appears..."

"Interesting...and quite unusual indeed."
Cita said as she looked at you for a moment.

"The very same... and it's more the timing of that bit of insight that was mildly surprising - I've got numerous books on theoretical spells and applications worked on over the past twenty-some years, I just never had the power and insight to apply them. I suspect the day I figure out how to generate, say, a flame or electric spark, I can apply that fairly immediately to some pretty interesting effects. But I digress..."

"Sudden insights are not that unusual among mages, even those who's Avatars are weaker, being Awakened is not just about our souls feeding us information but also about how one thinks, it do seam a very lucky coincidence that you thought of the rote just when you did and if it works to save the poor poisoned boy I will be very grateful and I am...grateful that you saved Jeffry that much corrupted Quintessence...well yes digressing."
Cita said with a slight frown.

Colin hugged Freddy back, "I'd rather not experience it again... I may have gained power, but it's a really, really horrid and unpleasant way to do so. I think it will be just fine, it's only a bit sore. Magic works just fine, except the itch is mildly distracting."

"I...do not know what to say Colin...but if you ever need to talk about it...I am here."
Freddy said as she just held you for a moment, then she planted a soft kiss on your forehead, seaming not to mind the scars at all.
"Yes make sure it do not happen to you again...just make sure of that and I will protect you love if I can."
She muttered.

He smiled wryly, "Is that one of those indestructible Nokias, or one of those older models that required a thirty-pound battery to lug around?"

"It is one of the Nokias, but that is big enough to be quite unpleasant still, and the benefit is I can kick it up that Nephandus' butt then wipe it off and it would still be working."
Freddy said and grinned a little.

"Yes, the old shell cracked, and the Avatar within was able to flex its muscles and stretch its, well... metaphysical body. And please, that look is slightly unnerving."

"I have...never heard of anything like it...and oh...sorry I guess some habits from when I was a Union woman dies hard."
Cita said and looked away.
"Fascinating."

"If you like, we have a Nephandus nobody - Fallen included - likes locked up in the laundry room. We could probably go see if his Avatar is spooked, as well... I would rather not risk frightening Beatrice or Chief Morgan's new Apprentice."

"We have two now, Mr Karyak brought a man in...and that would probably be quite useful but for now let us just have a look at your soul Mr Wainwright, and no scaring Beatrice would not be good, nor Jeffrys new apprentice, what a sweet kid, that Avatar of his though...hum..."
Cita muttered sounding a bit distracted as she typed on her computer.

He nodded slowly, "His better half, but yes... part of the Betrayer has reassembled itself, it seems, and been reborn..."

"I...do not know what to say Colin but...how do you feel about this and if it is true...fuck...you will be in danger love if anyone where to find out..."

"I do believe any attempts on my Avatar might prove... unpleasant for whoever tries something, but a lynching is a very corporeal and real concern. Fortunately, only a handful of people are aware of this, and I hope to keep it that way - I trust them implicitly in this matter; Morningstar's Security Chief, Adley, Chief Morgan, and now you two..."

"Good keep the number of those who know small Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and she looked very concerned.
"There is real danger for you...you are aware of that right?"
She asked. Freddy spoke up at this.
"I will not let anyone harm Colin they are going to have to come through me first!"
That however did not make Cita look less concerned.

He nodded, "I give you my consent to try to examine my Avatar - but I urge you to be a bit cautious; it remains a bit itchy and sore, so any... prodding might cause it to lash back at you. I will try to keep it calm, though, if you will permit me a moment to start meditating first..."

"Very well Mr Wainwright...and I will be very careful I am not going to cause you or it any discomfort if I can avoid it."
Cita promised softly.

He sat down and took a few deep breaths, turning his gaze inward and seeking the mirror frame, trying to calm his Avatar's reaction to Cita's presence by holding its proverbial hand, almost like a pet owner being there to calm their pet at the veterinarian's office.

You meditate...and then you are on the floor, but it is not the nice, carpeted floor of Cita's apartment, the floor was rough and cold and made of stone, there where slight burns over your body and you tingeled all over, your head span and you heard a male voice in your head.
"Mia...are you...are we..."
It thought and you could feel your own reply.
"We are but it is not perfect...I am you...you are me...we are one now our bodies...our mind but...not...our souls I can feel them both there...the refinement where not perfect...need to make notes of this..."
The thoughts where confused, two voices merged but not perfectly.
"We will need a name...we are no longer two..."
You thought as you tried to get to your feet but then slipped in the sticky substance on the stone floor and fell down again before you tried again feeling like a newborn calf trying to stand, which was fitting since you where new born, or reborn...
"Heylel...Temomim...twin lights...of the morningstar...it will do..."
You thought and then you again lost your footing and fell to that cold stone floor again, to exhausted after the transformation to stand...not yet at least, and you lay there covered in sooth and slime like some odd newborn babe trying to gather the strength to stand but with a feeling os exaltation inside...you had done it...created the child of the egg, not perfect that was granted but closer to perfection than anyone else had ever come and it meant your earlier achievement was true for only though the philosophers stone could such a things be done...all of those refinements...all the work and you had done it...your eyes slid closed and you fell asleep a new being to tired from it's birth to stay awake any longer.

You snap out of the trance and feel Freddy's hand still on yours and hear the rhythmic tap, tap, tap of Cita's fingers on her laptop, your head spun a little, as if you where just a tad drunk but you where clearly not laying naked on a stone floor in a Renaissance laboratory, though part of your mind still thought that you where.

Tane:

"Majora just mean major with a female affix Mr Karyak or if you prefer by your culture I am willing to use your first name though I am not the most comfortable doing so, in my culture referring to someone of a lower rank by just their name is a way to talk down to them, you might call your maid servant just Louise but the cook you respect would be Mrs Bloom just to make an example so to me simple calling you Tane would be treating you as an inferior, but I am willing to call you by your name according to your culture if you will call me by the names I prefer..."
Hildegard said and sigh.
"Also Mr Karyak I assume you do not speak Latin, so then do not just take a part of an Latin title and change it around. Adepta or Adeptus is acceptable, Majora is not a name it is added to my Adept rank to show that I have reached that degree in several Spheres and are close to attaining Mastery. Not using the female affix is acceptable as well in which case it would be Adeptus Major. I do not stand on title though young man, I am just giving you some options sine simply using my surname was a problem for you...I do warn you though many other mages will not be quite as forgiving of bad manners as I."
Hildegard said sternly before she helped Cadence get to the bathroom."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:52 am

"Adley..."She muttered and she managed to smile slightly and lifted her chained hands up towards you though she did not manage to hold them up for long and they sank back into her lap, you notice her wrists where raw again from her struggling. "Is Colin ok...since he...could not be...here?"

He hated seeing her like this. He got down close to her and answered her question. "Yes," he said with a nod. He took her hands in one of his. "There was a fight earlier and he is being checked over but he is okay, thankfully. He asked me to bring this to you. He said it would help you to feel better." He took the stone rose out and gently put it between her hands and then held them again. "Are you hungry?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 am

Beatrice looked at you she looked so tired and frail.
"C...Colin will be allright?"
She asked sounding worried then she looked at the stone rose.
"Pretty..."
She muttered and she did seam to relax a little.
"It feels good...to hold...what is it?"
She muttered though she shook her head.
"Food...is difficult..."
She whispered.

Amadeus looked at you and sigh.
"She ate a bit early in the day...and young Mr Karyak managed to calm her enough to get an hour or so of sleep, I think that strange soul of his...comforted hers, calmed it down...but other than that I can not get her to eat or sleep, she will doze off now and again but are...disturbed by nightmares and she takes water when I offer it to her but...I just do not know how to help her."
The old Verbena said he sounded very concerned.
"Master Telar's treatments help but she is still in so much pain..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:33 pm

"You are a good man Colin, and no just abandoning the girl now would not be right. If she survives and gets strong enough to be...I will ask the Mercere if they can at least give you basic instruction in how to take care of her before one of them willing to take over the responsibility can be found...and...I might need that bit of instruction myself."
Colin nodded slowly, "Well, we might be walking that path together... At least we should be able to help one another out, if the worst should... well..."

"While Branding is a possibility we do have other punishments including physical branding, corporal punishments, imprisonment, indentured servitude, or just being tossed out of the Traditions for a longer or shorter period of time, various punitive tasks and so on, I am sure we could find something to fit you...as for Master Ir...yes that was a black day for House Guernicus..."
"True enough. I suppose fixing my mistakes would be an appropriate punishment; to pull the shades back on, as it were..."

"Good keep it that way I have enough to deal with when it comes to recklessness with your Mr Karyak."
He grimaced, "You and me both, it would seem. But first I must speak with mr. Haagen and mr. Riez. After seeing Master Telar."

"Ehm...yes so...anyway well perhaps the rote could be adjusted for my Paradigm yes."
"Most likely. I can't teach Adley, as he claims to have no grasp of Ars Fati, but I'm given to understand you know at least the basics of probability manipulation. Still, our Paradigms should be similar enough for a relatively smooth translation."

"I...do not know what to say Colin...but if you ever need to talk about it...I am here."
Freddy said as she just held you for a moment, then she planted a soft kiss on your forehead, seaming not to mind the scars at all.
"Yes make sure it do not happen to you again...just make sure of that and I will protect you love if I can."
He smiled and kissed Freddy's cheek, "I know, luv... There's really little to talk about regarding the attack itself, since I was essentially not holding the wheel at the time. Details are fuzzy at best."

"I have...never heard of anything like it...and oh...sorry I guess some habits from when I was a Union woman dies hard."
"Quite alright, I'm an odd specimen, I suppose."

"I...do not know what to say Colin but...how do you feel about this and if it is true...fuck...you will be in danger love if anyone where to find out..."
"Good keep the number of those who know small Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and she looked very concerned.
"There is real danger for you...you are aware of that right?"
Colin grinned wryly, "Danger? What could be dangerous about walking around with the restored Avatar of the Great Betrayer? I mean, with such an honorific, it's hardly as though there would be any lingering grudges still. Just look at the revered status of the Solificati today."
He cleared his throat, "That said, there is one... no, two other people who should be informed - Master Steelhaven and Master Narim. As the Deacon Primus, Master Steelhaven should be made aware of such a monumental issue under his own roof, and when Master Narim presumably replaces him, so should he... but Master Narim can probably wait until then, just in case."

"Very well Mr Wainwright...and I will be very careful I am not going to cause you or it any discomfort if I can avoid it."
"I'm made of quite stern stuff - I think I should be alright. Mostly."

You snap out of the trance and feel Freddy's hand still on yours and hear the rhythmic tap, tap, tap of Cita's fingers on her laptop, your head spun a little, as if you where just a tad drunk but you where clearly not laying naked on a stone floor in a Renaissance laboratory, though part of your mind still thought that you where.
Colin gasped and jerked to his feet, feeling well-trained muscles responding like they were supposed to, then after a moment's puzzlement, sat back down, "Gah, sorry, that was a memory... we hatched, two minds imperfectly merged, one body with all new muscles, and two souls dancing together... Bloody idiot Medici, managed to make the Philosopher's Stone and create an artificial Rebis, but did he have the presence of mind to bring even a blanket to wrap around themselves when they emerged wet and naked onto a cold stone floor?"
He frowned, "I... remember the first moment of Teomim's life. I think I understand a little more of their mentality now; Mia was the more meticulous of the two, I think, while Julius was ever the more aggressive glory hound... She was steady and prepared for consequences and eventualities, while he just wanted to prove himse..."
He blushed suddenly, "Oh, right... I think I know why she chose me... She might have proved a better influence on me than Julius, though..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Colin nodded slowly, "Well, we might be walking that path together... At least we should be able to help one another out, if the worst should... well..."

"If...the worst happens to both of them, yes there might be good to have someone to help when...keeping them alive is no longer humane...and perhaps the two of them should it happen can have some support in one another..."
Jeffry muttered quietly.

"True enough. I suppose fixing my mistakes would be an appropriate punishment; to pull the shades back on, as it were..."

"It would be an appropriate punishment and the likely outcome if I where the one to make a decision in such a matter indeed."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
"Many in the Traditions are less pragmatic though..."

He grimaced, "You and me both, it would seem. But first I must speak with mr. Haagen and mr. Riez. After seeing Master Telar."

"Yes indeed the young man is becoming a bit of a bother for us both Mr Wainwright."

"Most likely. I can't teach Adley, as he claims to have no grasp of Ars Fati, but I'm given to understand you know at least the basics of probability manipulation. Still, our Paradigms should be similar enough for a relatively smooth translation."

"I do study Ars Fati yes though it is not one of my most developed Ars I have a basic grasp of it...I will be looking forward to it then Mr Wainwright, it is a rote I would very much like to learn, we can discuss price when time is a bit more forgiving an plentiful, agreed?"

He smiled and kissed Freddy's cheek, "I know, luv... There's really little to talk about regarding the attack itself, since I was essentially not holding the wheel at the time. Details are fuzzy at best."

"I know love but even so you where nearly...I mean I still get uneasy thinking about being marked for the Computer's chow bowl and I was rescued long before it came to that, I just know the bloody Technocrats marked me for it in their lists after they where done with their experiments...you...someone tried to...destroy...I think I would be hiding under the bed right now if I where you."
Freddy said and frowned.

"Quite alright, I'm an odd specimen, I suppose."

"It would not be polite of me to comment to much on that Mr Wainwright..."
Cita said and smiled.

Colin grinned wryly, "Danger? What could be dangerous about walking around with the restored Avatar of the Great Betrayer? I mean, with such an honorific, it's hardly as though there would be any lingering grudges still. Just look at the revered status of the Solificati today."

"I am glad you can joke about it...let me put it this way r Wainwright...on Horizon in November it is forbidden to wear white...to do so is seen as showing support to Hylel Teomim since he wore white when allowed to wear clothes at all after his capture, if someone are found wearing white they have no protection from the law, during the month of November you can do anything you like to someone in that color...think the movie the Purge but one sided the white wearing ones will still get punished for defending themselves...all because Heylel Temoim favored that color..."
Cita said and Freddy sigh and shook her head.
"You know Master Telar, sometimes Horizon is a fucked up place."

He cleared his throat, "That said, there is one... no, two other people who should be informed - Master Steelhaven and Master Narim. As the Deacon Primus, Master Steelhaven should be made aware of such a monumental issue under his own roof, and when Master Narim presumably replaces him, so should he... but Master Narim can probably wait until then, just in case."

"Who you choose to trust with this is up to you Mr Wainwright just be careful. As for Master Sharaya him I know and he is a honorable man, I think you can trust him. I do not know Master Steelhaven very well, I know of him, but I have never met him in person."
Cita said.

"I'm made of quite stern stuff - I think I should be alright. Mostly."

The Virtual Adept Spirit Master smiled and nodded.
"Good, let us get started then.

Colin gasped and jerked to his feet, feeling well-trained muscles responding like they were supposed to, then after a moment's puzzlement, sat back down, "Gah, sorry, that was a memory... we hatched, two minds imperfectly merged, one body with all new muscles, and two souls dancing together... Bloody idiot Medici, managed to make the Philosopher's Stone and create an artificial Rebis, but did he have the presence of mind to bring even a blanket to wrap around themselves when they emerged wet and naked onto a cold stone floor?"

Cita looked up as you suddenly jerked.
"I...am sorry Mr Wainwright did I hurt you?"
She asked then she was quiet as you said what you had seen.
"You saw...Heylel...after the merging of his two parts...are you sure?"
You can still feel the cold, stone floor under your body, feel how it sucked heat out of your wet form and left you chilled to the bone and yet being to week in your newborn state to move.

He frowned, "I... remember the first moment of Teomim's life. I think I understand a little more of their mentality now; Mia was the more meticulous of the two, I think, while Julius was ever the more aggressive glory hound... She was steady and prepared for consequences and eventualities, while he just wanted to prove himse..."

Freddy looked at you concerned as you spoke and Cita glanced at you.
"You remember...being...them?"
She asked.

He blushed suddenly, "Oh, right... I think I know why she chose me... She might have proved a better influence on me than Julius, though..."

"I...if this was a throwback to an earlier life Mr Wainwright, do you want me to stop, it may be that your reaction was due to my examination of your Avatar...we can stop and walk away from this...considering his history...if your Avatar was a part of...Heylel Teomim and you are having backlashes...some of them can be...unpleasant."
The Spirit Master warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:07 pm

"If...the worst happens to both of them, yes there might be good to have someone to help when...keeping them alive is no longer humane...and perhaps the two of them should it happen can have some support in one another..."
Colin nodded, "And it would seem that linear magic does ease... some of the loss, as well. It might be enough..."

"It would be an appropriate punishment and the likely outcome if I where the one to make a decision in such a matter indeed."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
"Many in the Traditions are less pragmatic though..."
"I suppose that would be a matter of how high the, hm, stink might have risen; whether it could be handled internally in the Chantry, the Boston Tribunal, or at a higher court. Best not stir up too much."

"Yes indeed the young man is becoming a bit of a bother for us both Mr Wainwright."
"He might yet be salvaged, though. Let us hope that is still possible."

"I do study Ars Fati yes though it is not one of my most developed Ars I have a basic grasp of it...I will be looking forward to it then Mr Wainwright, it is a rote I would very much like to learn, we can discuss price when time is a bit more forgiving an plentiful, agreed?"
He nodded and extended a hand, "Agreed."

"I know love but even so you where nearly...I mean I still get uneasy thinking about being marked for the Computer's chow bowl and I was rescued long before it came to that, I just know the bloody Technocrats marked me for it in their lists after they where done with their experiments...you...someone tried to...destroy...I think I would be hiding under the bed right now if I where you."
"I slept for two days straight, luv... I have trouble with inaction and passivity. I don't think I could hide under the bed, to be honest..."

"It would not be polite of me to comment to much on that Mr Wainwright..."
Colin just grinned.

"I am glad you can joke about it...let me put it this way r Wainwright...on Horizon in November it is forbidden to wear white...to do so is seen as showing support to Hylel Teomim since he wore white when allowed to wear clothes at all after his capture, if someone are found wearing white they have no protection from the law, during the month of November you can do anything you like to someone in that color...think the movie the Purge but one sided the white wearing ones will still get punished for defending themselves...all because Heylel Temoim favored that color..."
He nodded, "Good thing I favour darker colours, then. Still, you could almost think the Traditions were vindictive and held long grudges..."

"Who you choose to trust with this is up to you Mr Wainwright just be careful. As for Master Sharaya him I know and he is a honorable man, I think you can trust him. I do not know Master Steelhaven very well, I know of him, but I have never met him in person."
"Master Steelhaven is... hm, with no intent to slight him, imagine a kindly grandfather, made of steel and wrapped in soft leather. I'm quite certain he'll keep such a secret safe."

"I...am sorry Mr Wainwright did I hurt you?"
"No... no, that wasn't your doing, I don't think..."

"You saw...Heylel...after the merging of his two parts...are you sure?"
"Pretty damn certain - i can still feel the cold stone against my skin... the old arrogant bastard didn't even keep his laboratory heated. God, I long for my workshop right now, at least that is warm..."

"You remember...being...them?"
"I remember the first few moments of being them... Confusion, then exhilaration over Julius' theories being proven, then picking a new name for us... then passing out from the exhaustion. A bloody miracle we didn't freeze to death there and then..."

"I...if this was a throwback to an earlier life Mr Wainwright, do you want me to stop, it may be that your reaction was due to my examination of your Avatar...we can stop and walk away from this...considering his history...if your Avatar was a part of...Heylel Teomim and you are having backlashes...some of them can be...unpleasant."
He shook his head, "No, go on... I'll need to know in any case. And this is as... safe and monitored circumstances as I can get, I think. Complete the scan, please..."

He exhaled slowly and tried to resume his meditation, to find that mirror frame and provide comfort... and perhaps tidy up the broken mirror shards on the floor. That might be a useful mental exercise...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Colin nodded, "And it would seem that linear magic does ease... some of the loss, as well. It might be enough..."

"If it is possible for someone who have been...well you know, to learn hedge magic. I know there are some speculation around that and some experimentation on it but I do not know if they have yielded any results."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"I suppose that would be a matter of how high the, hm, stink might have risen; whether it could be handled internally in the Chantry, the Boston Tribunal, or at a higher court. Best not stir up too much."

"Yes it is better not to stir things up to much. The Law of Shade is there for a reason, for while Paradox do it's part to enforce that one, what do you think for example the reaction of the bloody Republican party would be to the existence of a secret society of mages being discovered...we are powerful Mr Wainwright but if all the sleepers turned against us...we would all perish."
Jeffry said in a serious tone of voice to make it clear he was not joking about that.

"He might yet be salvaged, though. Let us hope that is still possible."

"Indeed Mr Karyak's unique abilities would be a boon for this Chantry, if he can be taught some control over himself and some manners."

He nodded and extended a hand, "Agreed."

Jeffry took your hand and shook it, his grip was firm and the palms where slightly rough from working out with his swords, doing physical labor around the Chantry and numerous burns from his own magick. The old Flambeau gave you a nod before sitting back in his chair again.

"I slept for two days straight, luv... I have trouble with inaction and passivity. I don't think I could hide under the bed, to be honest..."

"What if I hid under the bed with you love...we would not have to be passive or inactive..."
Freddy offered and gave you a bit of a playful smile though she was half serious as well.

He nodded, "Good thing I favour darker colours, then. Still, you could almost think the Traditions were vindictive and held long grudges..."

"Ah perish the thought..."
Cita said with a sarcastic grin.
"We are all saints, then again some saint where known for enjoying the fine art of torture and lopping of heads."

"Master Steelhaven is... hm, with no intent to slight him, imagine a kindly grandfather, made of steel and wrapped in soft leather. I'm quite certain he'll keep such a secret safe."

"Now that sounds like an interesting man. If you trust him then there is probably no harm in telling him, but only if you trust him Mr Wainwright..."
The Spirit healer said and nodded.

"No... no, that wasn't your doing, I don't think..."

"Good...are you alright?"
Cita asked sounding concerned.

"Pretty damn certain - i can still feel the cold stone against my skin... the old arrogant bastard didn't even keep his laboratory heated. God, I long for my workshop right now, at least that is warm..."

"Well Renaissance buildings where not always as easy to heat as our isolated homes...hum a throwback with sensations then a pretty powerful one..."
Cita said and Freddy reached for a blanket that say on the sofa looking at the other Virtual Adept first to ask if she could use it and then placing it around your shoulders just in case the vision had made you cold...and in fact it had.
"Here love..."
She muttered sounding a bit concerned.

"I remember the first few moments of being them... Confusion, then exhilaration over Julius' theories being proven, then picking a new name for us... then passing out from the exhaustion. A bloody miracle we didn't freeze to death there and then..."

"Hum...that is quite extraordinary and it means that if this is a shard...it have retained at least some past life memories and some consciousness."
Cita muttered as she looked down at her screen.

He shook his head, "No, go on... I'll need to know in any case. And this is as... safe and monitored circumstances as I can get, I think. Complete the scan, please..."

Cita looked doubtful for a moment then she nodded her agreement.
"Very well but let me know if you want me to stop..."
She said before her fingers danced over her keys again.

He exhaled slowly and tried to resume his meditation, to find that mirror frame and provide comfort... and perhaps tidy up the broken mirror shards on the floor. That might be a useful mental exercise...

You begin in your mind to pick up the broken mirror shards but when looking down at them you see them bleeding and far into your inner self you hear a woman crying and then you where no longer there in Cita's room...

Long strong legs carried you across wood floors worn smooth with age and use, again and again you traversed the distance from the door to the stained glass window that let in a bit of the early spring sun. Damn it you had fraught the Order of Reason, traveled unknown parts of the Umbra and transformed your very being but never had you been quite this nervous...
"Women have had children before Heylel...and she is strong and a Master of Life...she will be fine."
Louis said the tall, dark haired Hermetic putting a hand on your shoulder.
"Besides Bernadotte and her students are with her..."
He added an you knew it was true but Eloine's cries still made you cringe, not visably off course, Julius would never allow for that indignity.
"This is not a time for death...I sense only new life...new beginnings."
Cygnus said from the chair he was sitting in. The calming words from your Cabalmates helped and yet you still paced back and forth...back and forth until you heard one final cry from Eloine and then two, weaker voices joined hers, screaming their protests at the cold air, you wanted to run in right then and there but you knew Bernadette would stop you, she was lovely but she saw you as male and did not think the father should see his woman give birth. Finally though the door to the small bedchamber in the Verbena section of Horizon Chantry opened and one of Sister Bernadette's young students, a slip of a girl not yet of marrying age came out, there where blood on her skirt and hands but she gave you a warm smile.
"Ehm..."
She begun unsure what to call you.
"Honored Archmage...Lady Eloine have given birth to two healthy twins...a boy and a girl, both are alive and well. Lady Eloine herself is resting...would you like to see your children My Lord?"
The apprentice said, nervous at your presence, then she turned to lead you into the bedchamber. Berdadette looked up at you from where she was adjusting the covers over Eloine, the young Life Master looking tired but happy, two small figures wrapped in white cloth at her side, two tiny faced now with eyes closed resting next to their mother.
"They are perfect my love..."
Eloine whispered and reached out a pale hand towards you.
"Come dilectus meus, come and meet your children..."

Suddenly you where back in the small apartment building in Boston, the air felt different as if you where used to the different composition of pollutants you would find in Renaissance Horizon. You can feel Freddy's hand on yours and see her looking at you with concerned eyes and you note how she looks like Eloine, plump and with large, expressive eyes.
"Mr Wainwright...are you alright...I have completed the scan."
You hear Cita say she seamed rather concerned about you.
"Can you hear me Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:59 pm

"If it is possible for someone who have been...well you know, to learn hedge magic. I know there are some speculation around that and some experimentation on it but I do not know if they have yielded any results."
Colin hesitated for a moment, then nodded, "It is indeed possible for a former Mage to learn hedge magic. Chief Joakim knows more about that than I do, though, but he could reveal at least one quite capable linear worker whose Avatar was lost... I don't think it would be prudent for me to say more, but I'm sure I could convince him to meet with you over a gallon of coffee in private."

"Yes it is better not to stir things up to much. The Law of Shade is there for a reason, for while Paradox do it's part to enforce that one, what do you think for example the reaction of the bloody Republican party would be to the existence of a secret society of mages being discovered...we are powerful Mr Wainwright but if all the sleepers turned against us...we would all perish."
"To be honest, I don't think the Republican party would be the biggest threat. The Vatican and by extension the Catholic Church, on the other hand... having that turn everyone's attention on us would be a terrifying thing. There are a lot of non-Catholics who look to the Pope for moral guidance, after all, and the Republican party has quite a few more cracks owing to certain particular concerns."

"What if I hid under the bed with you love...we would not have to be passive or inactive..."
Colin smirked, "I don't think we could be quiet enough to call it hiding, then..."

"We are all saints, then again some saint where known for enjoying the fine art of torture and lopping of heads."
"Perhaps I should make myself a medallion of St. Jude, then - Patron of Hopeless Causes..."

"Now that sounds like an interesting man. If you trust him then there is probably no harm in telling him, but only if you trust him Mr Wainwright..."
"I've trusted him with my mind, my sanity already... it's not really a stretch."

"Good...are you alright?"
"Slightly shaken, but otherwise peachy."

"Well Renaissance buildings where not always as easy to heat as our isolated homes...hum a throwback with sensations then a pretty powerful one..."
Cita said and Freddy reached for a blanket that say on the sofa looking at the other Virtual Adept first to ask if she could use it and then placing it around your shoulders just in case the vision had made you cold...and in fact it had.
"Here love..."
"He could still have thought to keep a few blankets ready, or put a cheap bloody rug on the floor..."
He shivered a little with old, remembered chills as he pulled the blanket a little tighter around him, "Thanks, luv..."

"Hum...that is quite extraordinary and it means that if this is a shard...it have retained at least some past life memories and some consciousness."
"Perhaps several shards managed to stick together long enough to reassemble themselves, or the Masters got a little bit sloppy with Mia's Avatar... or, quite plausibly, Teomim managed to hide a substantial chunk of it as pieces were torn off..."

Suddenly you where back in the small apartment building in Boston, the air felt different as if you where used to the different composition of pollutants you would find in Renaissance Horizon. You can feel Freddy's hand on yours and see her looking at you with concerned eyes and you note how she looks like Eloine, plump and with large, expressive eyes.
"Mr Wainwright...are you alright...I have completed the scan."
You hear Cita say she seamed rather concerned about you.
"Can you hear me Mr Wainwright?"
Colin blinked slowly as the present bled back into his consciousness, "Yes, I can hear you... I remembered... the twins being born. I was pacing nervously, and Louis and Cygnus were there to calm me; Bernadette would not let me be there for Eloine, so I was listening... You know, luv, you have a superficial resemblance to Eloine, especially your eyes... and Adley and Beatrice were so tiny and perfect then..."
He paused for a moment, "Wait, did i just... er, bugger, that was not supposed to slip out... Er, what did the scan tell you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Colin hesitated for a moment, then nodded, "It is indeed possible for a former Mage to learn hedge magic. Chief Joakim knows more about that than I do, though, but he could reveal at least one quite capable linear worker whose Avatar was lost... I don't think it would be prudent for me to say more, but I'm sure I could convince him to meet with you over a gallon of coffee in private."

"I would appreciate it if you could set up such a meeting between me and Chief Joakim I would appreciate it my good man and I am not going to ask more questions that would be hard to answer for you without betraying someone's trust...but if such a thing is possible perhaps it could help Kyle if the worst where to happen...his father is a powerful linear mage, perhaps learning the same art as him could ease the boy's loss if...I can not save him."
Jeffry said and nodded he looked concerned and worried for the young widderslainte boy.

"To be honest, I don't think the Republican party would be the biggest threat. The Vatican and by extension the Catholic Church, on the other hand... having that turn everyone's attention on us would be a terrifying thing. There are a lot of non-Catholics who look to the Pope for moral guidance, after all, and the Republican party has quite a few more cracks owing to certain particular concerns."

"Well we already have the bloody Society of Leopold also known as the Inquisition to deal with but they might end up going out of hiding and getting more resources which would be bad. But yes we would not want the kind of attention that would come from revealing our existence, not to mention that when we go down we take every other Awakened society with us as it would then be likely they would be discovered as well."

Colin smirked, "I don't think we could be quiet enough to call it hiding, then..."

Freddy gave you a mock scandalized look, well tried to as she still could not focus right.
"My my you do have a dirty mind love...then again we are both mages I am sure we could figure something out to make it quiet."

"Perhaps I should make myself a medallion of St. Jude, then - Patron of Hopeless Causes..."

"Considering some of your long term goals love that might not be such a bad idea."
Freddy said wryly.

"I've trusted him with my mind, my sanity already... it's not really a stretch."

"Very well, telling the Deacon Primus of your Chantry might be a wise thing to do then."
Cita said and nodded.

"He could still have thought to keep a few blankets ready, or put a cheap bloody rug on the floor..."
He shivered a little with old, remembered chills as he pulled the blanket a little tighter around him, "Thanks, luv..."

"Well perhaps he got to caught up in his ritual work...perhaps both of them did."
Freddy suggested.
"Fuck I can not believe we are having this conversation. Well try to get warm now at least even if you should not really be freezing in here...I guess that memory was a powerful one..."

"Perhaps several shards managed to stick together long enough to reassemble themselves, or the Masters got a little bit sloppy with Mia's Avatar... or, quite plausibly, Teomim managed to hide a substantial chunk of it as pieces were torn off..."

"Thank you for the mental image of pieces ripped of an Avatar like pieces of bread to dip into your soup from a loaf..."
Freddy said and groaned, Cita raised an eyebrow.
"Hum...well it is possible Teomim was a resourceful man...women...ehm...they where resourceful...In either case I will see what I can figure out."

Colin blinked slowly as the present bled back into his consciousness, "Yes, I can hear you... I remembered... the twins being born. I was pacing nervously, and Louis and Cygnus were there to calm me; Bernadette would not let me be there for Eloine, so I was listening... You know, luv, you have a superficial resemblance to Eloine, especially your eyes... and Adley and Beatrice were so tiny and perfect then..."

"Those names...they where members of the first Cabal where they not?"
Freddy muttered and Cita nodded.
"Louis DuMonte Hermes bani Guernicus, Cygnus Moro bani Euthanatos, Sister Bernadette bani Chorus Celeste and Lady Eloine bani Verbena..."
The Spirit Master confirmed then she looked at you.
"Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Alexander...I so want to ask Mr Wainwright but I have a feeling I should let it be."
Cita said. Freddy just gave you a look that said she was as curious as Cita but she did not want to pressure you right now.

He paused for a moment, "Wait, did i just... er, bugger, that was not supposed to slip out... Er, what did the scan tell you?"

Cita still looked at you curiously for a while then she drew a deep breath.
"Ah yes off course...the Scan...it showed some rather unusual things...and some disturbing things. I have to warn you some of this will not be easy to hear Mr Wainwright..."
The Spirit Master said then she turned her computer to you and you saw some very complex code, though the code looked incomplete and as if it was missing segments.
"This is the scan...well part of it...and you where right your Avatar is a shard collective...but it is unlike the others with similar Avatars I have examined...in the center of it are a large shard and it comes from a Gilgul...a vicious one, it could not have come from someone being turned into a vampire or an accident the cuts are deliberately made and they where brutal...the shard is large enough to have a personality though, gathered around this shard are so many others, some from Gilguls some from accidents but they are all working in tandem with the center shard as if they are slowly fitting together to restore the center one. The center shard is Pattern but the other pieces come from all the Essences, the fuse lines where they fuse together though is perfect...I could not have made such perfect melding together of complex Ephemera...your Avatar do seam to want to...draw in every shard she sees though..."
Cita said and she looked a bit uncomfortable.
"I had to stop her from trying to consume one that are with me...and my theory this is why she scare Fallen souls...the cauls rip the aspirant Nephandus to bits, including their Avatar and put them back together wrong, I do not think the center shard are able to differentiate between a broken Avatar and a Fallen one and so she tries to make what she sees as a collection of shards part of herself, I doubt she can do it to a healthy Avatar but they probably can feel her intent..."
The Spirit Master muttered.
"The center shard seam to be constantly growing...I can not determine the strength of this soul, at all, but my guess is that given enough shards she can become extremely powerful, though she is damaged and scarred and not fully aware of her situation or where she is or what she can do, she is more aware than most shard collectives...and one more thing...two of the shards are from Beatrice but they are not being slowly assimilated like the other shards they are being held by the center shard, I tried to take a closer look but she is very protective of those two pices and would not let me close and I found it best not to risk it."
She explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:29 pm

"I would appreciate it if you could set up such a meeting between me and Chief Joakim I would appreciate it my good man and I am not going to ask more questions that would be hard to answer for you without betraying someone's trust...but if such a thing is possible perhaps it could help Kyle if the worst where to happen...his father is a powerful linear mage, perhaps learning the same art as him could ease the boy's loss if...I can not save him."
"I'll do it simply, then - I'll extend an invitation to the celebratory feast. If the two of you decide to sit down and discuss matters privately after dinner, well, that would simply be fortuitous, would it not?"

"Considering some of your long term goals love that might not be such a bad idea."
"So long as the Celestial Chorus doesn't decide to take it as a sign of allegiance, of course."

"Fuck I can not believe we are having this conversation. Well try to get warm now at least even if you should not really be freezing in here...I guess that memory was a powerful one..."
"Indeed... vivid and tangible..."

"Thank you for the mental image of pieces ripped of an Avatar like pieces of bread to dip into your soup from a loaf..."
He grimaced, "Yes, sorry about that... "

"Mr Roth Hicks and Miss Alexander...I so want to ask Mr Wainwright but I have a feeling I should let it be."
He nodded, "Quite... Adley will probably come to see you about it later, it's really his to tell..."

"This is the scan...well part of it...and you where right your Avatar is a shard collective...but it is unlike the others with similar Avatars I have examined...in the center of it are a large shard and it comes from a Gilgul...a vicious one, it could not have come from someone being turned into a vampire or an accident the cuts are deliberately made and they where brutal...the shard is large enough to have a personality though, gathered around this shard are so many others, some from Gilguls some from accidents but they are all working in tandem with the center shard as if they are slowly fitting together to restore the center one. The center shard is Pattern but the other pieces come from all the Essences, the fuse lines where they fuse together though is perfect...I could not have made such perfect melding together of complex Ephemera...your Avatar do seam to want to...draw in every shard she sees though..."
He frowned, "Well, the only thing that code tells me is that it is fragmented and partial... any further specifics are beyond me. From the description, though, I should stay well away from poor Tobias, just in case. If my Avatar vacuums up every loose fragment, that could be incredibly dangerous for him. Hum, now I'm almost curious as to what might happen if I strayed near one of those areas where there were stray shards lying around; there was one member of Riverside who got hurt like that earlier, wasn't there? And no, I don't particularly want to risk harm, but perhaps my Avatar could manage to tidy up the area relatively safely?"

"I had to stop her from trying to consume one that are with me...and my theory this is why she scare Fallen souls...the cauls rip the aspirant Nephandus to bits, including their Avatar and put them back together wrong, I do not think the center shard are able to differentiate between a broken Avatar and a Fallen one and so she tries to make what she sees as a collection of shards part of herself, I doubt she can do it to a healthy Avatar but they probably can feel her intent..."
He frowned, "Well, that answers that... and that does make for a slightly disturbing notion - what happend to Fallen shards, are they mended before reassembly, or do they stay... wrong?"

"The center shard seam to be constantly growing...I can not determine the strength of this soul, at all, but my guess is that given enough shards she can become extremely powerful, though she is damaged and scarred and not fully aware of her situation or where she is or what she can do, she is more aware than most shard collectives...and one more thing...two of the shards are from Beatrice but they are not being slowly assimilated like the other shards they are being held by the center shard, I tried to take a closer look but she is very protective of those two pices and would not let me close and I found it best not to risk it."
He paled, "She recognizes... if I were to get close to Beatrice, I might be able to coax free those fragments for you to return to their rightful place, perhaps Mia could even help... It might terrify Beatrice, it might speed her recovery..."
He gripped Freddy's hand, "This is turning into a chain of decisions I cannot make on my own... we'll have to ask Beatrice about it, whether she's willing to risk..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:15 pm

"I'll do it simply, then - I'll extend an invitation to the celebratory feast. If the two of you decide to sit down and discuss matters privately after dinner, well, that would simply be fortuitous, would it not?"

"The celebratory feast? The old English meal you where talking about? I guess that would work very well in that case. I could approach the topic with Chief Joakim and see what he have to say if he is willing to talk with me about it."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"So long as the Celestial Chorus doesn't decide to take it as a sign of allegiance, of course."

"No I think they are still using the Celtic knot in a circle."
Freddy said. You remember when a mini bus full of Choristers came from the Five Sisters Chantry in town and all of them ordering the same Celtic knot in a circle pendant...a boring job perhaps but it earned you a pretty penny.

"Indeed... vivid and tangible..."

"Just make sure your visions do not get to tangible love."
Freddy said as she rubbed your arms with the blanket to warm you up.

He grimaced, "Yes, sorry about that... "

"Yeah...not how I want to envision an Avatar love."
Freddy said and frowned.

He nodded, "Quite... Adley will probably come to see you about it later, it's really his to tell..."

"Hum..." Was all Cita had to say about that.

He frowned, "Well, the only thing that code tells me is that it is fragmented and partial... any further specifics are beyond me.

"I so wish I could see the screen right now..."
Freddy griped. Cita nodded.
"Off course...we do not share a Paradigm Mr Wainwright...let me explain then"
She said before she begun her explanation about what she had seen in the scan.

From the description, though, I should stay well away from poor Tobias, just in case. If my Avatar vacuums up every loose fragment, that could be incredibly dangerous for him.

"Well Tobias' soul is not fragmented yet...it is weak and sick and unless I can heal it will shatter but for now it is not fragments but yes not taking any chances are probably wise though I do not think yours would attack his."

Hum, now I'm almost curious as to what might happen if I strayed near one of those areas where there were stray shards lying around; there was one member of Riverside who got hurt like that earlier, wasn't there? And no, I don't particularly want to risk harm, but perhaps my Avatar could manage to tidy up the area relatively safely?"

Yes one of the Deacons at Riverside got hurt, young Mr Karyak managed to do a good job at pulling the shard out and treating her though..."
Cita confirmed.
"Well your soul is a shard collective they do not get harmed by other shards they come into contact with, they suck them up...the only possibility you would be harmed by such shards is if they manage to cut right through the field of smaller shards in the process of being assimilated and hit the central shard, but that is a fairly improbable occurrence."
She said and raised an eyebrow.
"So yes you would work as a vacuum in such and area and the strange thing is that shards assimilate much better into your Avatar than with any other such soul I have seen...I would love to capture one of the crewmen I worked on before we left the Union and compare their soul to yours..."
The last part she muttered more or less to herself.

He frowned, "Well, that answers that... and that does make for a slightly disturbing notion - what happend to Fallen shards, are they mended before reassembly, or do they stay... wrong?"

"They stay wrong Mr Wainwright and there are quite a few Fallen shards in there...a fair of the ones that come from Gilgulled souls are Fallen..."
Cita said and her tone was serious and she looked down with a concerned look in her eye.
"I am not sure what those Fallen shard will eventually end up meaning for your soul..."
She muttered.

He paled, "She recognizes... if I were to get close to Beatrice, I might be able to coax free those fragments for you to return to their rightful place, perhaps Mia could even help... It might terrify Beatrice, it might speed her recovery..."

"That...might work..."
Cita said.
"I do not think you would be an immediate danger to Beatrice your soul might try to...consume hers if it do not...do as you hope but I doubt it can do that and it should take so long you have plenty of time to get away from her before there are any damage but it would probably scare her. Those pieces your soul is holding though...I could probably save her with those without the need of a donor...however I am not sure I could take them from your Avatar without it's consent without risking harm to it...unless what you say is true and it might give them up if it sees Beatrice...but why would it...?"
Cita asked looking quite confused.

He gripped Freddy's hand, "This is turning into a chain of decisions I cannot make on my own... we'll have to ask Beatrice about it, whether she's willing to risk..."

"Yes we should ask Beatrice...I am not completely sure I understand all of this though...your Avatar collect shards of broken Avatars like if they where legos and are rebuilding herself with them and she is holding two bits that where cut of Bee?...and you are hoping seeing her will get your soul to give them up?"
Freddy asked and placed her other hand on top of yours.
"How is all of this possible?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:09 pm

We'll see when the time.comes. for now there are more pushing matters to attend to.

"I agree there are certainly other things that need attending to, but I need to know if you will follow the instructions I was sent to give you, sir."

Are there more cases of this kind of convertions?You can talk but i'd like to récord this chat.

"You may record it. And many conversions I have heard lately were under duress. One must be willing to go into the caul to become a Nephandi, however it is clear that why one is willing is rather...another matter."

I know my consequences, and i deem them aceptable. Are you going to commit to help me with this?

"That rather depends on what you are doing, and how you do it. I would rather work with you than not. And I am committed to trying to find a way to help Beatrice as well as others in her situation if I am able and that will take time. I would like to be able to trust you enough to talk more in depth about this, but the law and consequences as you say must play a part of it or you will be endangering everyone."

I belive it is dificult but it might work, and even if it goes wrong at the camp he can study the ritual to device our own. I didn't knew she was the mercere at the time but i understand the problem. I belive she will be helped soon, if everything goles as i spect.

"Can you tell me more about this ritual? Or perhaps when we have time, your shapeshifter friend can assist explaining it to us? I hope so, what do you expect to happen with her, Mr Karyak?"

I didn't know she has a brother. What does this mean? I have never said something like that to her. She's got much more to deal with than romantic aspirations. I don't tell you she's not of muy liking but that matters little now. She also seeks someone else's affections, so i'm out of discussion.

He gave him a faint enigmatic smile as he searched his face for resemblances. "Well, let's just say that I feel like her brother, no matter if you can see our resemblance or not. Ah, well...Mr Karyak if...how to put this. If her 'other affections' are for me, and she has said as much to me earlier this week, I cannot return those affections. The ones I have for her are like a brother to his little sister, I still love her very much but it is not romantic." Then he shrugged and put his hands on his knees. "I'm gay."

Then he added, "But yes she has much to deal with at the moment. Do you know anything about soul medicines? I was told there can be a way to find a spiritual medicine in the pneumbra, a reflection of medicines here that work on spiritual aspects. They are not easy to find, being found in certain areas with properties embedded in them and I have also heard that there are ghosts of a type that might know about this medicine. However, I feel maybe you would know about this as well, or your shapeshifter friends might know about how to find such. I have also asked a few others about this, perhaps when the crises is over we can sit down together and pool our understandings."

Later:

Beatrice looked at you she looked so tired and frail. "C...Colin will be allright?"

"Yes,, he will be alright. He is just being checked over for something but he is alright, I would tell you if not," he reassured her.

"It feels good...to hold...what is it?" She muttered though she shook her head.

"It is some kind of stone that Colin received that has potent spiritual healing properties. I admit that I do not recall the precise type. But he was sure it would help you."

"Food...is difficult..." She whispered.

"I know. But how about just a little bit? Just three spoons?" He reached down and brushed her hair softly. "Three spoons for your brother."

"She ate a bit early in the day...and young Mr Karyak managed to calm her enough to get an hour or so of sleep, I think that strange soul of his...comforted hers, calmed it down...but other than that I can not get her to eat or sleep, she will doze off now and again but are...disturbed by nightmares and she takes water when I offer it to her but...I just do not know how to help her."

"Mr Karyak....needs to be more careful," he said with a frown. "Though I am glad to hear that he helped her to sleep. I spoke with someone over at Morningstar, I believe you know her she is a wonderful woman who is quite knowledgeable in stones, forgive me for leaving names aside. She is going to try to help once the immediate crises are resolved. She and someone else said that it may be possible to find a spirit medicine that could help ease the pain of her soul. Literally a medicine reflected in the Pneumbra that we would find a way to take back to her. I would like to speak to you about that but many other things, Master Nassa. Many things have come to light and we must not be rash, even if it is hard to see suffering," he said to him.

// laughing at Colin's reaction to the memory, chastising him for not having thought of a blanket xD Also, dammit 'dad' you just let it slip

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next