Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 7 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:35 pm

"Thank you, ma'am," he said, then wrote, 'Should I give you my contact number?'

"That is probably a good idea Mr Roth Hicks so we do not have to waste time looking for one another."
Crexia said and pulled a surprisingly modern phone out of the belt pouch of her dress."

I must concur. Your expertise is unique and we have just suffered the loss of two Masters of Spirit. Additionally, your history with events is important as well and you have and will have patients to help. No doubt there will be more things you are able to do than press a button on the trap - devising it is a challenge only you can do but it is a job for someone who can push a button, not for someone who can heal an avatar. Such is a rare gift that we will sorely need after all this is said and done. I understand your reluctance and I share it but they are right.'

Cita looked down for a moment then she sigh.
"Very well I will stay, but I do not like it..."
She muttered and it was clear she did not cherish the idea of Hans going in her place.
"It will be more than pressing a button, I will prepare the needed programs but the one operating it will need knowledge of both programming and the Sphere of Spirit."
She said and Hans nodded.
"I have both I will do it Master Telar and I have no plans to die."
He said to assure the other Virtual Adept and Cita hesitantly nodded.

I think that that part of it, that horrified part, it's control over that rageful part of itself was mostly expended during our meeting with it or it may be damaged from the attempt to destroy it. I do not believe we will have the ability to ascertain that, nor sit and have a chat in the middle of a Labyrinth raid, with other hostiles and the umbrood self on the defense. After all, it did not come out during the last battle. Nor can we let it run off to attack us when it senses our weakness, say if one of us were injured or had our back to it. The consequences are too dire but putting it into a trap or setting it into a different time might afford us more options than we can come up with right now. As well, if I recall and please correct me if I am wrong, she is the one with the death-enchantment necklace. We can't let her have a chance to employ that.'

Adjan read the note and sigh before he nodded and handed it to Colin as well.
"You are right my friend, we can not risk it and the chances of actually being able to talk that abomination down are very slim, Master Telar's idea to trap it in a ehm...computer program then and if that fails being ready to move it in time?"
The Euthanatos said.
"It is just...sad you know, this whole shitty situation...if you all pardon my language...it is just sad."
He added and shook his head looking rather frustrated.

He looked over the note and then nodded, looked up at her and gave the signs for 'OK,' 'please' and 'thank you.'

"I have most of the base code already done getting what you ask for done should not take to long, I will send it to your phone when it is ready."
Cita said and buried herself in her computer again.

Adley looked ready to go at the request but then looked over at Adjan as he began to speak. He did not think that the description was in depth enough for him to pinpoint anyone, save for their cabalmate and if it was Dr Lee then he wondered what he was doing at the door knocking like a stranger. 'What is their name?" he requested.

"Miss Point said the caller presented himself as Zhang Lian-Jia I do not personally know the name."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Have you heard this name before Mr Roth Hicks?"
He asked.

He frowned a little, he wanted to go with Colin but there was only so much time and much to do. He then nodded to Adjan. "While you are right, I do want to do that, I trust you," he said simply to Adjan.

Adjan looked at you for a moment then he gave a nod with a serious expression on his face.
"No harm will befall your Cabalmate my friend, not if I can help it."
He said before heading over to Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 7 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:03 pm

From the look on his face, he didn't understand what a Tesla coil had to do with anything (or what one was) but as long as they both had the approximate idea he was satisfied. He was sure that Dylan would have gotten it and that bit of his memories that remained within his avatar was busy facepalming.
Colin grinned at Adley's obvious puzzlement, "A Tesla coil is a device that makes artificial lightning. These days, they're often used to play music with very finely tuned electric arcs. I expect you might find the concept quite entertaining, actually. But the point was, the things are quite unhealthy to get too close to when they're firing."

'I think that that part of it, that horrified part, it's control over that rageful part of itself was mostly expended during our meeting with it or it may be damaged from the attempt to destroy it. I do not believe we will have the ability to ascertain that, nor sit and have a chat in the middle of a Labyrinth raid, with other hostiles and the umbrood self on the defense. After all, it did not come out during the last battle. Nor can we let it run off to attack us when it senses our weakness, say if one of us were injured or had our back to it. The consequences are too dire but putting it into a trap or setting it into a different time might afford us more options than we can come up with right now. As well, if I recall and please correct me if I am wrong, she is the one with the death-enchantment necklace. We can't let her have a chance to employ that.'
Adjan read the note and sigh before he nodded and handed it to Colin as well.
"You are right my friend, we can not risk it and the chances of actually being able to talk that abomination down are very slim, Master Telar's idea to trap it in a ehm...computer program then and if that fails being ready to move it in time?"
The Euthanatos said.
"It is just...sad you know, this whole shitty situation...if you all pardon my language...it is just sad."
He added and shook his head looking rather frustrated.
Colin nodded, "So many horrors, it seems, are coming full circle; Abigail's machinations against Morningstar seventy years ago, the island beasts case, the... well, a number of people's personal matters, really; so many events in the past and future both leading up to one hell of a conflagration this very weekend... It's a miracle I haven't gone mad from the implications. Or perhaps I have, and just haven't noticed," he added with a small smile.

"The apprentice said that the caller is a tall, thin Asian man I can call her back for a better description."
Joakim said then he raised an eyebrow when you checked your weapon.
"You are thinking he might be here to cause trouble...that would be quite stupid of him Mr Wainwright we are around sixty Awakened magi at this Chantry, but yes according to Eleena ehm Miss Point the caller did mention Lisa Larson."
He said and got a bit more alert himself.
Adley looked ready to go at the request but then looked over at Adjan as he began to speak. He did not think that the description was in depth enough for him to pinpoint anyone, save for their cabalmate and if it was Dr Lee then he wondered what he was doing at the door knocking like a stranger. 'What is their name?" he requested.
"Miss Point said the caller presented himself as Zhang Lian-Jia I do not personally know the name."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Have you heard this name before Mr Roth Hicks?"
He asked.
He frowned, "The name doesn't ring a bell for me, at least. The name sounds Chinese, I believe, but I can't think of anyone... wait, damn..."
He narrowed his eyes, "I might be mixing things up right now, but... isn't there a second Labyrinth in Chicago, which is pretty much staying out of the war and doing their own thing relatively peacefully? Run by some Asian Nephandus of uncertain prowess?"

"If you wish Mr Wainwright, but if you suspect this visit is trouble do be careful."
Joakim said and now he sounded a bit concerned. Adjan stood up straighter from where he had been leaning on the wall.
"It depends on what Adley prefers. I can go with you if he wanted to start on the rotes the Hermetics are planning, but then again he is your Cabalmate so he might want to keep an eye on you himself."
The Euthanatos said with a bit of a wry grin at that last part and looked over at Adley to see what he thought about the matter.
He frowned a little, he wanted to go with Colin but there was only so much time and much to do. He then nodded to Adjan. "While you are right, I do want to do that, I trust you," he said simply to Adjan. Then he eyed Colin. "Be careful. Remember the trouble before we left," he said, meaning the banes. Who knew who was out there and someone in Chicago who knew about Lisa did not really sit easily with him. "If you need me, you know where I am but perhaps it would not be out of order for ."
Adjan looked at you for a moment then he gave a nod with a serious expression on his face.
"No harm will befall your Cabalmate my friend, not if I can help it."
He said before heading over to Colin.
He frowned, "I'll be cautious... but if that's who I suspect it might be, we can only hope he's here to help us, rather than harm us... Still it won't hurt to see what he is..."
He fished out his Prime monocle and muttered a quick "Magia spectare" before sticking it into place.

((OOC: I really hope I'm wrong about this guy, now... Arete roll for a simple Prime scan - 3,5,5. First-dot, with Focus, should work fine, i think? ))

((OOC2: Should be okay with that - he doesn't smoke. I'd be more worried about the soldering and welding and lasering and, well... he uses Forces a lot. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:14 am

Colin grinned at Adley's obvious puzzlement, "A Tesla coil is a device that makes artificial lightning. These days, they're often used to play music with very finely tuned electric arcs. I expect you might find the concept quite entertaining, actually. But the point was, the things are quite unhealthy to get too close to when they're firing."

"Ah, interesting..."

"That is probably a good idea Mr Roth Hicks so we do not have to waste time looking for one another." Crexia said and pulled a surprisingly modern phone out of the belt pouch of her dress.

He nodded and then handed her his phone to input the number and offered to do the same with hers.

"Very well I will stay, but I do not like it..."
She muttered and it was clear she did not cherish the idea of Hans going in her place.
"It will be more than pressing a button, I will prepare the needed programs but the one operating it will need knowledge of both programming and the Sphere of Spirit."

"Fair enough but still..."

Hans nodded. "I have both I will do it Master Telar and I have no plans to die."

'We can see who might employ such a device, perhaps someone else int he party. If we can reserve our teleporters as well for emergency exists it would be very useful, we'll see,' he wrote out, to forstall a continued argument.

"You are right my friend, we can not risk it and the chances of actually being able to talk that abomination down are very slim, Master Telar's idea to trap it in a ehm...computer program then and if that fails being ready to move it in time?" The Euthanatos said.

"Yes," he said with a frown.

Colin nodded, "So many horrors, it seems, are coming full circle; Abigail's machinations against Morningstar seventy years ago, the island beasts case, the... well, a number of people's personal matters, really; so many events in the past and future both leading up to one hell of a conflagration this very weekend... It's a miracle I haven't gone mad from the implications. Or perhaps I have, and just haven't noticed," he added with a small smile.

He gave him a wry look.

"I have most of the base code already done getting what you ask for done should not take to long, I will send it to your phone when it is ready." Cita said and buried herself in her computer again.

He repeated 'thank you' then wrote out something to Hans and offered it out to him. 'Will our phones even work inside a Labyrinth or do they need to have something to make them work? I know I heard someone say they got TV in there (don't ask) but I rather think it wasn't just a set of regular antenna they used.

"Miss Point said the caller presented himself as Zhang Lian-Jia I do not personally know the name." Joakim said and frowned. "Have you heard this name before Mr Roth Hicks?"

"No...it does not."

"No harm will befall your Cabalmate my friend, not if I can help it." He said before heading over to Colin.

"Good, thank you. Stay safe yourself," he added.

He frowned, "The name doesn't ring a bell for me, at least. The name sounds Chinese, I believe, but I can't think of anyone... wait, damn..."He narrowed his eyes, "I might be mixing things up right now, but... isn't there a second Labyrinth in Chicago, which is pretty much staying out of the war and doing their own thing relatively peacefully? Run by some Asian Nephandus of uncertain prowess?"

He grimaced. "I think you're right...I do recall that now that you bring it up. Damn, what was it called..."

He frowned, "I'll be cautious... but if that's who I suspect it might be, we can only hope he's here to help us, rather than harm us... Still it won't hurt to see what he is..."

"Perhaps then the Chief should also greet him with you if that's the case?" he asked, wondering how they even would be able to accept any 'help' if it -were- someone from that other Labyrinth. "It's probably not a wayward scout at the door," he said, reminded of their former joke about overtaking a Labyrinth with Thin Mints. "Well, let me know if you need me," he said, still a bit reluctant to let them go but fighting the urge. "Let's see if I got all this right," he said, looking at whomever remained and offering out the task list. There were several things to take care of and some of the skills overlapped, and there were some gathering of people...it was a lot of work. But it was something like a plan that was not plan V. "Right...what's first..."

// shop accidents D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:49 am

"Well if you have gone insane Colin then I have probably done so as well."
Adjan said with a bit of a smile then the smile faded.
"Yes there is many things coming full circle before our eyes Colin and most of them are horrible."
He agreed and shook his head.

He frowned, "The name doesn't ring a bell for me, at least. The name sounds Chinese, I believe, but I can't think of anyone... wait, damn..."
He narrowed his eyes, "I might be mixing things up right now, but... isn't there a second Labyrinth in Chicago, which is pretty much staying out of the war and doing their own thing relatively peacefully? Run by some Asian Nephandus of uncertain prowess?"

Joakim nodded and looked suddenly more alert.
"Yes there is such a Labyrinth Mr Wainwright. It is run by a man only known as the Jade Demon, for the most part this group do not bother anyone, we would have to try to take them in if we found any of their members off course but they seldom surface and only wish to be left alone. But surly they would not send someone to a Traditionalist Chantry that would be insanity."

He fished out his Prime monocle and muttered a quick "Magia spectare" before sticking it into place.

You activate your rote with your monocle and see so many sources of light in this room, all of the gathered mages shining brightly, the dark threads of Jhor Resonance inside of Adjan, the very ordered, nicely sorted Static Resonance, like fine crystals inside Crexia, everything glowed, including things that had to be items in Joakim's desk drawers.
"Who do you think this visitor is Colin?"
Adjan asked as he checked that his gun was ready to be drawn.
"But yes you are right we should go and see what he have to say. Are you ready to go then Colin?"

He nodded and then handed her his phone to input the number and offered to do the same with hers.

Crexia imported your number onto her phone and handed hers to you to do the same.

"Fair enough but still..."

Cita sigh and looked down, she did not like the situation.

'We can see who might employ such a device, perhaps someone else int he party. If we can reserve our teleporters as well for emergency exists it would be very useful, we'll see,' he wrote out, to forstall a continued argument.

"My student can probably pull it off, as well as a couple of the guys we have been getting in the last few hours from other Chantries willing to help, we can arrange for a back up however most of them are Virtual Adepts so we tend to also be your teleporterts Mr Roth Hicks."
Hans said after he had read your note.

"Yes," he said with a frown.

Adjan looked at you and sigh again.

He repeated 'thank you' then wrote out something to Hans and offered it out to him. 'Will our phones even work inside a Labyrinth or do they need to have something to make them work? I know I heard someone say they got TV in there (don't ask) but I rather think it wasn't just a set of regular antenna they used.

Hans read the note and nodded.
"Well they will be able to run offline apps at least unless their power is drained, whatever or not they get reception though that is another matter, I can probably get you reception if you need it though."
He replied.

"No...it does not."

Joakim nodded at that and frowned.
"Very well."

"Good, thank you. Stay safe yourself," he added.

The Euthanatos gave a bit of a wry smile.
"I will try my very best."

He grimaced. "I think you're right...I do recall that now that you bring it up. Damn, what was it called..."

"The Household of the Jade Demon, that is what the Labyrinth call itself."
Joakim said still frowning.

"Perhaps then the Chief should also greet him with you if that's the case?" he asked, wondering how they even would be able to accept any 'help' if it -were- someone from that other Labyrinth. "It's probably not a wayward scout at the door," he said, reminded of their former joke about overtaking a Labyrinth with Thin Mints.

"I will be coming along and no if this man is one of the Jade Demon's men then it is not likely to be random that he is here no."
He declared and checked that the gut he had under his west was ready and the wand he kept in his pocket.
"Well then gentlemen let us figure out what this man want."
He said as the other magi got ready to leave his office.
"Let us meet up again when our tasks are done."
The Chief asked.

"Let's see if I got all this right," he said, looking at whomever remained and offering out the task list. There were several things to take care of and some of the skills overlapped, and there were some gathering of people...it was a lot of work. But it was something like a plan that was not plan V. "Right...what's first..."

"It do seam to be about right Mr Roth Hicks."
Hans said as he read the list.
"Well I will begin with writing the programs we need, as well as organizing with the other Virtual Adepts that have arrived."
He said and Crexia nodded as well at the list.
"You and we will work som magick then my good man, do you know where the ritual chambers are? If so can you get one ready while I go and rouse some of our Sodalis?"
She asked you as Hans helped Cita up from the floor.
"I have some programs to finish."
The spirit healer said.

(OOC: Yes the diff is 4 for coincidental magick using one dot Spheres.)

(OOC 2: I might be a bit slow replying today as I will be GMing Mage for one of my groups.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:46 am

"My student can probably pull it off, as well as a couple of the guys we have been getting in the last few hours from other Chantries willing to help, we can arrange for a back up however most of them are Virtual Adepts so we tend to also be your teleporterts Mr Roth Hicks."

"True."

"Well they will be able to run offline apps at least unless their power is drained, whatever or not they get reception though that is another matter, I can probably get you reception if you need it though."

"Might be a good idea," he said, then checked the battery on the phone as well.

Yes there is such a Labyrinth Mr Wainwright. It is run by a man only known as the Jade Demon, for the most part this group do not bother anyone, we would have to try to take them in if we found any of their members off course but they seldom surface and only wish to be left alone. But surly they would not send someone to a Traditionalist Chantry that would be insanity...The Household of the Jade Demon, that is what the Labyrinth call itself."
Joakim said still frowning."

"That was it."

"I will be coming along and no if this man is one of the Jade Demon's men then it is not likely to be random that he is here no."
He declared and checked that the gut he had under his west was ready and the wand he kept in his pocket.
"Well then gentlemen let us figure out what this man want."
He said as the other magi got ready to leave his office.
"Let us meet up again when our tasks are done."

'Yes sir. Good luck," he said to the group with a nod of his head to him and then also to Cita.

"It do seam to be about right Mr Roth Hicks." Hans said as he read the list. "Well I will begin with writing the programs we need, as well as organizing with the other Virtual Adepts that have arrived."

"Good luck sir."

"You and we will work some magick then my good man, do you know where the ritual chambers are? If so can you get one ready while I go and rouse some of our Sodalis?"

He gave her a small smile and then nodded. "I do; are there particulars you would like for me to get ready there, ma'am?"

// Have fun both of you : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:12 am

"True."

"There are some of us that can work a Hermes Portal or a Seven Mile Stride who are not technomancers as well Mr Roth Hicks I am sure we can work something out."
Crexia said and Hans nodded at that.
"Very true, and we should have at least one skilled teleporter standing by in case we need to evacuate someone quickly."
He said and the old Hermetic maga nodded.
"Agreed."

"Might be a good idea," he said, then checked the battery on the phone as well.

"I will take care of it Mr Roth Hicks."
Hans said. Your phone have about half charge.

'Yes sir. Good luck," he said to the group with a nod of his head to him and then also to Cita.

"Thank you."
Joakim said and nodded. Cita smiled and returned your smile.

"Good luck sir."

"Thank you, hopefully there should not be to difficult to get things organized and the programs that needs writing should be fairly straight forward."
Hans said and nodded as he headed for the door.
"Until later then."
He said and gave everyone in the small office a polite nod.

He gave her a small smile and then nodded. "I do; are there particulars you would like for me to get ready there, ma'am?"

"Not much everyone should have their own tools. If you could do a small cleansing to make sure there is not to much leftover Resonance from earlier workings in the chamber getting in the way of our work that would be good."
Crexia requested politely.

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:25 am

"Well if you have gone insane Colin then I have probably done so as well."
Adjan said with a bit of a smile then the smile faded.
"Yes there is many things coming full circle before our eyes Colin and most of them are horrible."
He agreed and shook his head.
Colin nodded, "Some, though, imply that we'll win... without mentioning what we lose in the process..."

Joakim nodded and looked suddenly more alert.
"Yes there is such a Labyrinth Mr Wainwright. It is run by a man only known as the Jade Demon, for the most part this group do not bother anyone, we would have to try to take them in if we found any of their members off course but they seldom surface and only wish to be left alone. But surly they would not send someone to a Traditionalist Chantry that would be insanity."
He nodded, "It would be insanity for the Jade Demon to send someone, yes... but as we don't know his capacities - would it be as insane for him to show up personally? He might justifiably think himself strong enough to get out in one piece after saying what he wants, especially if he doesn't mean to obliterate the place..."

"Perhaps then the Chief should also greet him with you if that's the case?" he asked, wondering how they even would be able to accept any 'help' if it -were- someone from that other Labyrinth. "It's probably not a wayward scout at the door," he said, reminded of their former joke about overtaking a Labyrinth with Thin Mints.
"Agreed; Chief Joakim, if you'd like to join me?"

You activate your rote with your monocle and see so many sources of light in this room, all of the gathered mages shining brightly, the dark threads of Jhor Resonance inside of Adjan, the very ordered, nicely sorted Static Resonance, like fine crystals inside Crexia, everything glowed, including things that had to be items in Joakim's desk drawers.
"Who do you think this visitor is Colin?"
Adjan asked as he checked that his gun was ready to be drawn.
"But yes you are right we should go and see what he have to say. Are you ready to go then Colin?"
He glanced around briefly, "If I'm right - and I hope I'm not - that's the Jade Dragon himself outside... I should be able to determine that at a glance, though. Either way, this'll be an interesting encounter..."
He sighed, "Right, gentlemen, shall we?"
He stepped out the door, glanced around to make sure the hallway was reasonably clear, and made cautiously for the front door.

((OOC: I don't think Colin would see the stuff in Joakim's drawers, actually - the monocles just give him a filter so he can see the things he already could in a new light, unless he's explicitly seeing through specific materials, like he did in the storm drain.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:06 am

Colin nodded, "Some, though, imply that we'll win... without mentioning what we lose in the process..."

"Yes well winning this strife is the most important thing but I do hope we will be able to do so without the cost getting to high."
Adjan said with a concerned look in his gray eyes.
"Well the Cycle will have its way one way or another."

He nodded, "It would be insanity for the Jade Demon to send someone, yes... but as we don't know his capacities - would it be as insane for him to show up personally? He might justifiably think himself strong enough to get out in one piece after saying what he wants, especially if he doesn't mean to obliterate the place..."

Joakim started muttering a long stream of curses in three different languages.
"Let us hope that is not the case Mr Wainwright, but yes the Jade Demon might think he stand a good chance of escaping after he have said his piece, and if the rumors are true he might be right."
He said and shook his head.
"I do hope this is not more trouble literary at the door."
He grumbled.

"Agreed; Chief Joakim, if you'd like to join me?"

"I would like to indeed."
Joakim said and nodded and walked over to you.

He glanced around briefly, "If I'm right - and I hope I'm not - that's the Jade Dragon himself outside... I should be able to determine that at a glance, though. Either way, this'll be an interesting encounter..."

"Let us just hope it will not be to interesting Colin."
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.
"And I do hope you are wrong the last thing we need is the leader of a Labyrinth at the doorstep."

He sighed, "Right, gentlemen, shall we?"
He stepped out the door, glanced around to make sure the hallway was reasonably clear, and made cautiously for the front door.

There was not allot of people outside of Joakim's office, You saw one of the Sentinels, the Verbena woman that had gone with Adley to meet up with Tyler's grandchilde, though you had not met her before, she was a pretty, dark haired woman wearing a simple green dress, now she stood looking skeptically at the door, clearly on guard if the guest waiting out there where trying to force his way in.
"Yes let us go."
Joakim said and headed for the front door, he gave a sign for the young Verbena to step back, which she did hesitantly, then he opened the door.

Outside the door, a bit away from the building and it's inner wards, though the outer ones around the property itself did not seam to bother him, there stood a tall, thin Asian man, his hair was long, well groomed and kept in a ponytail, he was well dressed in black pants, a white shirt and an embroidered west under a dark gray coat, in his hand was a walking cane with a crystal handle, the man looked to be in his mid twenties and he gave an elegant bow when he saw your group at the door. To your monocle it was clear there was quite a bit of Quintessence in the visitor and in his walking stick, but perhaps not so much as you would have expected from the Jade Demon himself. The man's Resonance was rather foul though, despite his handsome, fine appearance.
"Good morning, please forgive the intrusion, but I request a word with whoever is in charge of stopping Lisa Larson's Labyrinth in Boston, and Prelatus Abigail here in Chicago."
He said in a melodious, soft voice that held a hint of Mandarin accent, his dark eyes was on your group as he stood there calmly waiting for someone to reply.

(OOC: Ok very well so he just see what he would have seen anyway but he sees magick in them?)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added something about the visitor's Resonance.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:16 pm

"There are some of us that can work a Hermes Portal or a Seven Mile Stride who are not technomancers as well Mr Roth Hicks I am sure we can work something out." Crexia said and Hans nodded at that.
"Very true, and we should have at least one skilled teleporter standing by in case we need to evacuate someone quickly."
He said and the old Hermetic maga nodded.
"Agreed."

He gave a nod as he continued to organize his notes and lump the ones that he needed to dispose of.

"I will take care of it Mr Roth Hicks." Hans said.

"Thank you," he said to him. Then he looked back to Cita as something struck him and he wrote out an additional question. 'How do I use that rote you mentioned; it looks like I will be needing it soon. As some of these will be hung spells, do I need to apply the protection during the casting plus when I release it? And do you know how long such will last, as ritual casting a few spells might take a few.

"Not much everyone should have their own tools. If you could do a small cleansing to make sure there is not to much leftover Resonance from earlier workings in the chamber getting in the way of our work that would be good."

"Certainly," he said, then looked to see if he had left anything behind."If you'll excuse me then," he said to anyone remaining and headed out of the office and towards the ritual chambers, seeing if one of the larger ones was available. He figured at least four to six mages would need to fit and the solo one was bound to be far too too small.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 pm

"Thank you," he said to him. Then he looked back to Cita as something struck him and he wrote out an additional question. 'How do I use that rote you mentioned; it looks like I will be needing it soon. As some of these will be hung spells, do I need to apply the protection during the casting plus when I release it? And do you know how long such will last, as ritual casting a few spells might take a few.

Hans gave you a nod of acknowledgement when you thanked him then he walked out of the office to tend to his tasks.

Cita read your note and nodded, she put her computer bag down in one of the now vacant chairs for a moment to scribble down a reply.
"I will make it so you can just tap it on your phone to start the rote, just like any other app. This will not be a hung spell, it is an enchantment so the magick is all mine, the apps will not stay on your phone more than a day or so before the magick will run out. As for duration I can give you five or six minutes at a time will that be enough? If not then I can put more resources into it and give you longer."
She wrote and handed the note back to you.

"Certainly," he said, then looked to see if he had left anything behind."If you'll excuse me then," he said to anyone remaining and headed out of the office and towards the ritual chambers, seeing if one of the larger ones was available. He figured at least four to six mages would need to fit and the solo one was bound to be far too too small.

Crexia give you a polite nod as you left the office. You get down to the basement, only one of the ritual rooms where busy, you her several voices from within it, young Hermetics doing their morning work, LBRP, Middle Pillar, a few who where more inspired by Crowley doing Resh, other than that all the rooms where available. You find one large room, it was empty save for a stone shelf cut into the wall, and a simple stone bench. Ten magi should be able to work in here comfortably.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 pm

"Yes well winning this strife is the most important thing but I do hope we will be able to do so without the cost getting to high."
Adjan said with a concerned look in his gray eyes.
"Well the Cycle will have its way one way or another."
Colin sighed, "Yes, of course, but why must it have its way with us in such a rough manner?"

Joakim started muttering a long stream of curses in three different languages.
"Let us hope that is not the case Mr Wainwright, but yes the Jade Demon might think he stand a good chance of escaping after he have said his piece, and if the rumors are true he might be right."
He said and shook his head.
"I do hope this is not more trouble literary at the door."
He grumbled.
He arched an eyebrow at Joakim, "I could follow the English and Latin, but the third language... Well, I share your sentiments, at least..."

"Let us just hope it will not be to interesting Colin."
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.
"And I do hope you are wrong the last thing we need is the leader of a Labyrinth at the doorstep."
He frowned, "Well, I suppose by the Jade Demon's reputation, we could yet do worse than have him visiting. I mean, Abigail or Larson would be substantially worse, though I expect they wouldn't have the brass to show up in person and alone..."

There was not allot of people outside of Joakim's office, You saw one of the Sentinels, the Verbena woman that had gone with Adley to meet up with Tyler's grandchilde, though you had not met her before, she was a pretty, dark haired woman wearing a simple green dress, now she stood looking skeptically at the door, clearly on guard if the guest waiting out there where trying to force his way in.
"Yes let us go."
Joakim said and headed for the front door, he gave a sign for the young Verbena to step back, which she did hesitantly, then he opened the door.
Colin nodded to the Verbena as she stepped aside, "Miss, if this is who I suspect it is and he turns hostile, I recommend you don't try to fight, just run to get your Deacons to safety..."

Outside the door, a bit away from the building and it's inner wards, though the outer ones around the property itself did not seam to bother him, there stood a tall, thin Asian man, his hair was long, well groomed and kept in a ponytail, he was well dressed in black pants, a white shirt and an embroidered west under a dark gray coat, in his hand was a walking cane with a crystal handle, the man looked to be in his mid twenties and he gave an elegant bow when he saw your group at the door. To your monocle it was clear there was quite a bit of Quintessence in the visitor and in his walking stick, but perhaps not so much as you would have expected from the Jade Demon himself. The man's Resonance was rather foul though, despite his handsome, fine appearance.
"Good morning, please forgive the intrusion, but I request a word with whoever is in charge of stopping Lisa Larson's Labyrinth in Boston, and Prelatus Abigail here in Chicago."
He said in a melodious, soft voice that held a hint of Mandarin accent, his dark eyes was on your group as he stood there calmly waiting for someone to reply.
He politely returned the bow, "I believe I am as close to being in charge of the whole matter as anyone, Sir. And knowing how my luck recently has followed fairly predictable narrative patterns, as well as seeing the particular flavour of your ability, I hope you can forgive my bluntness... How can we legally help the Jade Dragon?"

((OOC: Colin's getting too tired for pussyfooting...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:43 am

"I do hope this is not more trouble literary at the door." He grumbled.
He arched an eyebrow at Joakim, "I could follow the English and Latin, but the third language... Well, I share your sentiments, at least..."

"I hope not either, we have plenty."

He frowned, "Well, I suppose by the Jade Demon's reputation, we could yet do worse than have him visiting. I mean, Abigail or Larson would be substantially worse, though I expect they wouldn't have the brass to show up in person and alone..."

"Comparing what could be worse then all the options are bad is not my favourite way to cheer myself up." He looked a little concerned but Colin had a handle on it. Maybe it wasn't even them, just someone with a Chinese name. Yet with their track record it was something unexpected.

"I will make it so you can just tap it on your phone to start the rote, just like any other app. This will not be a hung spell, it is an enchantment so the magick is all mine, the apps will not stay on your phone more than a day or so before the magick will run out. As for duration I can give you five or six minutes at a time will that be enough? If not then I can put more resources into it and give you longer."

He read the note and thought about it,. He figured that the combined rote casting would take at least that long if not twice it. Employing it would take less time, he might get one or two banishings out of one use of it. If luck was in his favor. He didn't like relying on luck though, in the middle of a precarious situation. He added, 'Then I should employ it during the casting and then also hit the button again when I release it, if it done as a hung spell, correct? I expect casting to take 5-10 min then hung for the banishing, as for the other, I am less sure, probably the same. Overall, it depends on how many people show up and how successful we can pool the power.'

You get down to the basement, only one of the ritual rooms where busy, you her several voices from within it, young Hermetics doing their morning work, LBRP, Middle Pillar, a few who where more inspired by Crowley doing Resh, other than that all the rooms where available. You find one large room, it was empty save for a stone shelf cut into the wall, and a simple stone bench. Ten magi should be able to work in here comfortably.

Morning. It was hard to recall anymore, when he'd been so used to being awake just for these sorts of daily rituals. Of getting up when the dawn was arriving. So many days packed into one, and longer nights. But the sun was coming up...by the sound of Resh being performed. He hoped that something beneficial had come from the incident with the cat...and that whomever Colin, AJ and the Chief were talking to was bringing them some good news. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Which was what the rest of them were doing to prevent Matty's soul from a repeat performance. He shut the door behind him, circled the room, acknowledging the directions and their associations before going to the center. Here he spent a few moments with the Lesser banishing ritual to ground and focus himself. Then, he moved into the Greater ritual, to purify the rest of the chamber.

// P2: 0, 1, 9; 5, 4, 5; 0 ,2, 4; / 8, 6, 9; 7, 7, 1

Well, I assume a 7 is a success (?) - doesn't look like the best rotes he's ever done >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:29 am

Colin:

Colin sighed, "Yes, of course, but why must it have its way with us in such a rough manner?"

"Fate can be a hard mistress at times Colin."
Adjan said with a small grin.
"And all we can do is try to make it through according to her will."

"Hebrew Mr Wainwright, and I do hope the ladies excuse my language but at times there are sentiments that can not so easily be expressed in polite company."
Joakim muttered. Crexia just smiled and Cita was buried in her computer.

"No I doubt they would."
The Security Chief muttered.
"And yes we could do worse than that man he is seldom aggressive against Traditionalists in any way, even so I would not appreciate a visit from that old man even so."

Colin nodded to the Verbena as she stepped aside, "Miss, if this is who I suspect it is and he turns hostile, I recommend you don't try to fight, just run to get your Deacons to safety..."

The young Verbena's eyes grew wide but she shook her head.
"Sir I am one of Morningstar's Sentinels, it is my duty to do everything in my power to defend this Chantry and I can not shy from that duty."
She protested.

He politely returned the bow, "I believe I am as close to being in charge of the whole matter as anyone, Sir. And knowing how my luck recently has followed fairly predictable narrative patterns, as well as seeing the particular flavour of your ability, I hope you can forgive my bluntness... How can we legally help the Jade Dragon?"

The visitor gave a bit of a amused smile.
"Ah you are a perceptive man Sir, I will get to the point then. I am not an expert on your faction's laws so I could not say what you legally can do but I do not expect you to make any deals with us. I am here to inform you that The Household of the Jade Demon have seen it necessary to act against Lisa Larson and the Prelate Abigail and we will be launching and attack on the Prelate's Labyrinth in..."
He checked his watch which looked expensive.
"One hour and fifteen minutes. My Master will leave his Labyrinth for the first time in many a season and join in the attack, these women's heresy can not be allowed to continue."
He declared before he looked at you again.
"Now if your group should choose to strike at the same time as us that would better all of our chances of victory, and I am simply here to inform you of our plans."

Adley:

"I hope not either, we have plenty."

"That we do Sodalis, that we do."
Joakin muttered and sigh.
"I guess we are going to have to see just who is at our door."

He read the note and thought about it,. He figured that the combined rote casting would take at least that long if not twice it. Employing it would take less time, he might get one or two banishings out of one use of it. If luck was in his favor. He didn't like relying on luck though, in the middle of a precarious situation. He added, 'Then I should employ it during the casting and then also hit the button again when I release it, if it done as a hung spell, correct? I expect casting to take 5-10 min then hung for the banishing, as for the other, I am less sure, probably the same. Overall, it depends on how many people show up and how successful we can pool the power.'

Cita read the note and wrote one of her own.
"Yes hit the button again when you need it...it should last for enough times. I will try to extend the durability of each time it is activated though. I have some Static Tass on me that is usually good for that sort of work."
The spirit healer handed the note to you.

Morning. It was hard to recall anymore, when he'd been so used to being awake just for these sorts of daily rituals. Of getting up when the dawn was arriving. So many days packed into one, and longer nights. But the sun was coming up...by the sound of Resh being performed. He hoped that something beneficial had come from the incident with the cat...and that whomever Colin, AJ and the Chief were talking to was bringing them some good news. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Which was what the rest of them were doing to prevent Matty's soul from a repeat performance. He shut the door behind him, circled the room, acknowledging the directions and their associations before going to the center. Here he spent a few moments with the Lesser banishing ritual to ground and focus himself. Then, he moved into the Greater ritual, to purify the rest of the chamber.

You close the door behind you and that shut out the young Hermetic's voice as they went though their morning rituals with joyful determination, perhaps they where first or second degree students just getting used to the work. You feel a moment of sentimentality from your Avatar as she regarded you, much like a aunt looking at pictures of when her favorite nephew first learned how to walk, from when you where a "baby Hermetic" and she was not yet fully Awake and there was a fondness there, if the great spirit was able to feel such a simple human emotion.

You begin your ritual and at times it feel a little uneven but as you slowly go through the greater rite the very air, the Resonance in the room feel more blanched, clear fresh and residue from earlier workings was slowly washed away by the force of your words and your will. Halfway through your ritual work you hear your phone beep with a message and when you where done and could check it you notice a text message from Cita just containing an app to be installed on your phone named banishing begone, and the words:
"This will give you about 12 minutes per go."
The ritual chamber did seam cleaned enough for work to be done here though.

Shortly after there was a tap at the door and Crexia's voice who called
"Mr Roth Hicks is this the room you chose, are you in there?"

(OOC: Well it should be enough to get the job done at least.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:31 am

"Comparing what could be worse then all the options are bad is not my favourite way to cheer myself up." He looked a little concerned but Colin had a handle on it. Maybe it wasn't even them, just someone with a Chinese name. Yet with their track record it was something unexpected.
"No I doubt they would."
The Security Chief muttered.
"And yes we could do worse than that man he is seldom aggressive against Traditionalists in any way, even so I would not appreciate a visit from that old man even so."
Colin nodded, "True enough... Still, it won't hurt to be a little paranoid right now - to expect some of the worst possibilities..."

The young Verbena's eyes grew wide but she shook her head.
"Sir I am one of Morningstar's Sentinels, it is my duty to do everything in my power to defend this Chantry and I can not shy from that duty."
She protested.
He smiled, "And I would not presume to order you around. But if an old Nephandus comes knocking with the intent to tear the place apart, evacuating people might be the best course of action..."

The visitor gave a bit of a amused smile.
"Ah you are a perceptive man Sir, I will get to the point then. I am not an expert on your faction's laws so I could not say what you legally can do but I do not expect you to make any deals with us. I am here to inform you that The Household of the Jade Demon have seen it necessary to act against Lisa Larson and the Prelate Abigail and we will be launching and attack on the Prelate's Labyrinth in..."
He checked his watch which looked expensive.
"One hour and fifteen minutes. My Master will leave his Labyrinth for the first time in many a season and join in the attack, these women's heresy can not be allowed to continue."
He declared before he looked at you again.
"Now if your group should choose to strike at the same time as us that would better all of our chances of victory, and I am simply here to inform you of our plans."
Colin could have been a photo for all the reaction he showed, "Very good. Does your master also intend to put his foot down on the Boston Labyrinth afterwards, or will he leave that to the rest of us? Also, I do hope he's not planning on making an issue out of the Nodes there, or any other resources we find it necessary to... dispose of? It would rather be a bother to have to fight him over real estate and negotiable assets before the dust has settled. Well, I expect it would be a bother at any time, obviously, but..."

((OOC: So he sent a spokesman... That's a bit of a relief, actually. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Colin nodded, "True enough... Still, it won't hurt to be a little paranoid right now - to expect some of the worst possibilities..."

"You are right about that unfortunately Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and sigh.
"There have been a disturbing frequency of worst case scenarios today."

He smiled, "And I would not presume to order you around. But if an old Nephandus comes knocking with the intent to tear the place apart, evacuating people might be the best course of action..."

Joakim nodded and sigh.
"Unfortunately if it really is the Jade Demon out there it will not much matter, Lady Crexia and Master Ir can put up a fight against the man, but for the rest of us, we would be pretty much toast."
He said though he still made a gesture for the young Sentinel to draw back and head out of the lobby.

Colin could have been a photo for all the reaction he showed, "Very good. Does your master also intend to put his foot down on the Boston Labyrinth afterwards, or will he leave that to the rest of us?

"My master will do whatever is needed to stop the Prelate from sending more aid to Lisa Larson's endeavors, beyond that he merely wish to get back home with as many of his people alive and unharmed as possible, we do not need more of the dead haunting the hallways of our household."
The tall, dark haired man said in his elegant, soft speech.

Also, I do hope he's not planning on making an issue out of the Nodes there, or any other resources we find it necessary to... dispose of? It would rather be a bother to have to fight him over real estate and negotiable assets before the dust has settled. Well, I expect it would be a bother at any time, obviously, but..."

"The Prelate's Nests are to far from our household to be practical to defend and their existenve would only invite other Fallen to settle in Chicago, something we do not desire so no we will not protest the your faction destroying the Dragons Nests."
The visitor said.
"Yes it would be quite bothersome my master have no desire to tangle with the Traditions, like I said Sir we merely wish to be left in peace, and we also know your faction can not legally negotiate with us, so once the Prelate is defeated my master will leave...off course if any of his people are captured he might decide to try to retrieve them, he do not wish the fate the Traditions have in mind for any of his household, beyond that we will cause no problems should we happen to attack at the same time."
He said then he lowered his voice a little and seamed a little more hesitant for a moment before he continued to speak with the same flair as earlier.
"Now while my master the most noble Jade Demon will defend his own on the battlefield he is prepared to make the offering of one of his own apprentices to your Chantry as a show of good faith, such a sacrifice of one of his most precious household members is the only gesture my master could think of how show how important this matter is to his greatness and by that perhaps alleviate some of the suspicious your Chantry must have about our intentions."
He said and his eyes seamed a bit uncertain for a moment before he met your gaze again.

(OOC: Yes he did and it is probably a good thing unless Colin fancy a chat with a couple of thousand years old Nephandus. Also sorry for my late reply I was at a sewing class making Tarot bags. Smile )

(OOC 2: If I make any mistakes or anything today I am sorry I am a bit distracted my pet tarantula Blair just died, I know she is just a bug, but she have been with me for 13 years since I rescued her from an owner that was not kind to her.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Joakim nodded and sigh.
"Unfortunately if it really is the Jade Demon out there it will not much matter, Lady Crexia and Master Ir can put up a fight against the man, but for the rest of us, we would be pretty much toast."
He said though he still made a gesture for the young Sentinel to draw back and head out of the lobby.
Colin nodded and glanced at the door, "Yes, a most delightful prospect..."

"My master will do whatever is needed to stop the Prelate from sending more aid to Lisa Larson's endeavors, beyond that he merely wish to get back home with as many of his people alive and unharmed as possible, we do not need more of the dead haunting the hallways of our household."
The tall, dark haired man said in his elegant, soft speech.
He nodded thoughtfully, "That's quite fair... Too many people have died already, and more surely will; it would only be prudent to try to reduce one's own losses."

"The Prelate's Nests are to far from our household to be practical to defend and their existenve would only invite other Fallen to settle in Chicago, something we do not desire so no we will not protest the your faction destroying the Dragons Nests."
The visitor said.
He smiled thinly, "That's a relief, at least. Your master's reputation does seem to support that statement, as well."

"Yes it would be quite bothersome my master have no desire to tangle with the Traditions, like I said Sir we merely wish to be left in peace, and we also know your faction can not legally negotiate with us, so once the Prelate is defeated my master will leave...off course if any of his people are captured he might decide to try to retrieve them, he do not wish the fate the Traditions have in mind for any of his household, beyond that we will cause no problems should we happen to attack at the same time."
He slowly let go the pistol and pulled his hand from his pocket, reaching up to scratch his neck and giving Joakim a slightly uncertain glance, "We are indeed not allowed to negotiate, but I do believe we are allowed some... miniscule wiggle room in concentrating on tallying Abigail's minions to the exclusion of... other combatants. Of course, I can make no promises, and I would have to confer with a lawyer on that matter, but I would think battlefield priorities remain a valid concern."

"Now while my master the most noble Jade Demon will defend his own on the battlefield he is prepared to make the offering of one of his own apprentices to your Chantry as a show of good faith, such a sacrifice of one of his most precious household members is the only gesture my master could think of how show how important this matter is to his greatness and by that perhaps alleviate some of the suspicious your Chantry must have about our intentions."
He said and his eyes seamed a bit uncertain for a moment before he met your gaze again.
Colin frowned for a moment and turned to Joakim, "Sir, as I am a momentary guest at this Chantry, and not an expert on the law in this regard, I don't know if I can stomach such a capture, or even know for certain if it would constitute dealing with the Fallen... In your senior opinion, might it be prudent to step inside and confer with a Quaesitor about the prudent response - or lack thereof - to the Jade Dragon's offer? Granted, that might take a few minutes in which we'd be forced to not personally observe this emissary, but I think my conscience could handle that much, in light of the weekend's events..."

((OOC: Yay tarot bags. Very Happy And Colin might find such a chat interesting. Pleasant or healthy, that's an entirely different set of questions. Wink Also, legal wiggling time!))

((OOC2: Aw, poor Blair. And I'd looked forward to maybe meeting her freshly molted in a couple of weeks. Sad And she's not just a bug; not biologically, and not after 13 years...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Colin nodded and glanced at the door, "Yes, a most delightful prospect..."

"Yes most marvelous is it not?"
Joakim muttered sarcastically.
"Let us just hope this visit is a peaceful one."

He nodded thoughtfully, "That's quite fair... Too many people have died already, and more surely will; it would only be prudent to try to reduce one's own losses."

"It is likely more will die yes, the chance that everyone will see another sunrise after this one are slim, and that is correct Sir it is both tactically sound...and emotionally needed to try to limit the losses to ones own household."
The Nephandus said and gave a hint of a nod in agreement.

He smiled thinly, "That's a relief, at least. Your master's reputation does seem to support that statement, as well."

"My master is a great man, I am pleased to hear word of his wisdom have spread beyond the boundaries to his realm."
The visitor said and he seamed quite pleased about it.

He slowly let go the pistol and pulled his hand from his pocket, reaching up to scratch his neck and giving Joakim a slightly uncertain glance, "We are indeed not allowed to negotiate, but I do believe we are allowed some... miniscule wiggle room in concentrating on tallying Abigail's minions to the exclusion of... other combatants.

Joakim and Adjan still stood ready to act though neither man moved. The Security Chief nodded.
"We are not allowed to conspire with enemies of the Traditions Mr Clark."
He said remember you having mentioned using that name when at the Boston Umbral Docks.
"Prioritizing enemies that are a greater risk to us, as in the ones from the Nephandi faction that are more aggressive towards us are preassemble however, if any of the Jade Demon's men are still around once we are done rounding up whatever survivors are left from Abigail's gang though we will have to bring in."
He said and nodded. The visitor merely nodded at that.
"Most practical Sir."
Was all he said to that.

Of course, I can make no promises, and I would have to confer with a lawyer on that matter, but I would think battlefield priorities remain a valid concern."

"They are, we can not by law ally with a Nephandus, but we can just happen to prefer the other faction's members for capture."
Joakim agreed.

Colin frowned for a moment and turned to Joakim, "Sir, as I am a momentary guest at this Chantry, and not an expert on the law in this regard, I don't know if I can stomach such a capture, or even know for certain if it would constitute dealing with the Fallen... In your senior opinion, might it be prudent to step inside and confer with a Quaesitor about the prudent response - or lack thereof - to the Jade Dragon's offer? Granted, that might take a few minutes in which we'd be forced to not personally observe this emissary, but I think my conscience could handle that much, in light of the weekend's events..."

The old hedge wizard nodded he considered for a moment.
"Yes Mr Clark we should probably get our resident Enforcer's opinion on this. As far as I know nothing of what have been offered constitute actually conspiring with the Fallen, the Jade Demon is merely informing us about when he will be attacking, and using that information in our planning is not illegal. His offer...callous as it is is a way to show that he is not trying to lure us into a trap as the ehm...sacrifice could be questioned for falsehoods and actually giving up someone of his own is quite a show of intent...I do not think that will be illegal either even if it is of questionable morality but yes having a talk with our Enforcer might be a good idea though I do not like the idea of leaving a Nephandus out here alone so close to the Chantry, even if he is not at this moment hostile."
Joakim said in a low voice. The visitor merely stood there, waiting looking like a nobleman from some bygone time that had every right to be there patiently aviating your group's decision trying and...mostly succeeding at hiding any nervousness he might be feeling.

(OOC: Legal wiggling time for the win.)

(OOC: Yes and she was not that old either, she was 27 years old. She was not an insect no but are not a bug something one can say about all little crawly creatures? Yes she was quite beautiful and large and quite responsive to the world around her as well. Unfortunately on Saturday she tossed her water cup out of the way, crawled into the corner it used to sit in and have not moved at all since, after three days we are pretty sure she is dead poor thing. Sad )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:36 pm

"It is likely more will die yes, the chance that everyone will see another sunrise after this one are slim, and that is correct Sir it is both tactically sound...and emotionally needed to try to limit the losses to ones own household."
The Nephandus said and gave a hint of a nod in agreement.
Colin smiled thinly, "There's also the matter of the substantial Sleeper population of our two cities, which I suppose is of a secondary concern to your Master... Nonetheless, a commendable attitude."

"My master is a great man, I am pleased to hear word of his wisdom have spread beyond the boundaries to his realm."
The visitor said and he seamed quite pleased about it.
He grinned wryly, "Well, he most certainly has cultivated an... unspoken nonagression pact, I suppose. It might be in a legally grey area to say so, but I approve of not going out of one's way to be a nuisance. On a general basis."

The old hedge wizard nodded he considered for a moment.
"Yes Mr Clark we should probably get our resident Enforcer's opinion on this. As far as I know nothing of what have been offered constitute actually conspiring with the Fallen, the Jade Demon is merely informing us about when he will be attacking, and using that information in our planning is not illegal. His offer...callous as it is is a way to show that he is not trying to lure us into a trap as the ehm...sacrifice could be questioned for falsehoods and actually giving up someone of his own is quite a show of intent...I do not think that will be illegal either even if it is of questionable morality but yes having a talk with our Enforcer might be a good idea though I do not like the idea of leaving a Nephandus out here alone so close to the Chantry, even if he is not at this moment hostile."
Joakim said in a low voice. The visitor merely stood there, waiting looking like a nobleman from some bygone time that had every right to be there patiently aviating your group's decision trying and...mostly succeeding at hiding any nervousness he might be feeling.
He nodded with a small smile, "Well, then, we should make haste to confer with the resident Enforcer about the legality of this suggested exchange, as well as adjust our timetable to fit the Jade Dragon's schedule. After all, the legal discussion could take up to several minutes..."
He gave Lian-Jia a small, friendly grin, "Now, I probably won't have the time to come for you in person, what with the coordination to be done... so in the most polite sense possible, I hope we shan't meet again, mr. Zhang. In the words of Inigo Montoya, you seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you."

((OOC: I was under the general impression that "bug" generally refers to beetles, actually. And 27 seems a respectable age, as from what I can tell, female tarantulas generally have a 15-20-year average lifespan. I know, that doesn't make it better, but it sounds like she had a good, long run of it.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "There's also the matter of the substantial Sleeper population of our two cities, which I suppose is of a secondary concern to your Master... Nonetheless, a commendable attitude."

"The sleepers are of a secondary concern to my mighty master compared to the safety of his own household and ending the foul heresy that Madame Larson is doing, but he is not without mercy for the commoners and do not wish to see them harmed."
The visitor said and gave a slight nod of his head.

He grinned wryly, "Well, he most certainly has cultivated an... unspoken nonagression pact, I suppose. It might be in a legally grey area to say so, but I approve of not going out of one's way to be a nuisance. On a general basis."

"My honored master seek only safety and to seek his own oblivion in peace with members of his household preferring the company of ghosts to that of other magi, one side in this war betrayed him, the other remind him to much of what that betrayal cost and as for the Five Metal Dragons and the Mad Ones well they do not make for good company either."
The Nephandus said and allowed himself a small smile.

He nodded with a small smile, "Well, then, we should make haste to confer with the resident Enforcer about the legality of this suggested exchange, as well as adjust our timetable to fit the Jade Dragon's schedule. After all, the legal discussion could take up to several minutes..."

"Indeed..."
Joakim said and smiled a little then he glanced over at the visiting Nephandus before returning his gaze to you.
"We should go to discuss matters with him then Mr Clark."

He gave Lian-Jia a small, friendly grin, "Now, I probably won't have the time to come for you in person, what with the coordination to be done... so in the most polite sense possible, I hope we shan't meet again, mr. Zhang. In the words of Inigo Montoya, you seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you."

Lian-Jia gave a elegant, flourished bow then gave a smile to hide his relief that it did not seam like he would be arrested on the spot.
"Mr Montoya seams to be a most wise man Sir, and I shall extend the same parting words to you, I will wish for fate to be kind and not bring us together again. Goodbye Mr Clark may fortune favor your hose."

(OOC: Bugs refer to all insects and other small invertebrate including spiders and centipedes, I checked the dictionary. It vary allot between the web pages I have read how old Childe Rose get, some say around 20 ohers 30-40. But I do think she had a good life, I could not clean her cage as she would not tolerate being moved but she was not a messy eater and her cage never smelled bad and I do not think she minded her own webs everywhere, I did everything else the guides told me to in other to care for her so I hope she was happy and she was elderly, getting strange sports on her body and slowing down the last few years.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 pm

"The sleepers are of a secondary concern to my mighty master compared to the safety of his own household and ending the foul heresy that Madame Larson is doing, but he is not without mercy for the commoners and do not wish to see them harmed."
The visitor said and gave a slight nod of his head.
Colin smiled, "And for that, I am glad. While their Awakening might be considered a boon, in the fullness of time, exposing them to the danger of our world without the means to protect themselves would be an unkindness. And I try to avoid those."

"My honored master seek only safety and to seek his own oblivion in peace with members of his household preferring the company of ghosts to that of other magi, one side in this war betrayed him, the other remind him to much of what that betrayal cost and as for the Five Metal Dragons and the Mad Ones well they do not make for good company either."
The Nephandus said and allowed himself a small smile.
He arched an eyebrow, "Five Met... Ah, the Technocracy. Yes, hey have their occasional uses, but their particular xenophobia is impractical."

Lian-Jia gave a elegant, flourished bow then gave a smile to hide his relief that it did not seam like he would be arrested on the spot.
"Mr Montoya seams to be a most wise man Sir, and I shall extend the same parting words to you, I will wish for fate to be kind and not bring us together again. Goodbye Mr Clark may fortune favor your hose."
He grinned, "The Princess Bride, mr. Zhang. One of the great cultural pillars of modern America, both as a book and a movie; infinitely quoted and referenced in subsequent works of entertainment. The proper response, as such, is 'You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.'"
He gave Lian-Jia a bow to match, "May fate be kind and not bring us together again, for that would only cause grief. And there is enough of that in the world as it is."

((OOC: Ah, I stand corrected, then. And snooping around, I note that some Chilean Roses can apparently become more lethargic shortly after molting, it seems... the recent spell of cold, dry air might affect that, too.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Colin smiled, "And for that, I am glad. While their Awakening might be considered a boon, in the fullness of time, exposing them to the danger of our world without the means to protect themselves would be an unkindness. And I try to avoid those."

"I fully agree Sir, and while I might be a Nephandus and as such I have my destructive tendencies, I see no honor in inflicting harm on those weaker than me, no nobleman would, and yes without sleepers we would get no more Awakenings, no more mages for either of our factions so the sleepers are best left alone if possible."
The visitor agreed.

He arched an eyebrow, "Five Met... Ah, the Technocracy. Yes, hey have their occasional uses, but their particular xenophobia is impractical."

"Ah yes so are their name in the West, and I guess they have their place in the grand tapestry of things, but I prefer not to end up on the business end of their bullets and as such they are best stayed away from."
Jian-Jia said with a slight nod.

He grinned, "The Princess Bride, mr. Zhang. One of the great cultural pillars of modern America, both as a book and a movie; infinitely quoted and referenced in subsequent works of entertainment. The proper response, as such, is 'You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.'"

"Is that so Mr Clark? I am afraid I have little time for movies or reading novels my duties at my master's household keep me quite occupied, but yes you do seam to be a honorable man and I would prefer to stave of my own end for as long as possible, that is quite right."

He gave Lian-Jia a bow to match, "May fate be kind and not bring us together again, for that would only cause grief. And there is enough of that in the world as it is."

"Well said Mr Clark, do take care."
The Nephandus said before he turned around with a bit of a flurry and then walked of far more calmly than he probably liked to, his walking stick making a slight tap, tap, tap sound to match his steps. Joakim drew a deep breath of relief as the Fallen mage left Morningstar's front yard and Adjan relaxed a little.
"Well we are going to have to go an inform Master Min."
The security Chief said then he glanced in the direction where Lian-Jia had walked off.
"Well none can claim the man do not have balls at least."
He muttered.

(OOC: Yes I noticed that, and she have always had a bit of a pet rock syndrome as some Chile Rose do, standing mostly still with occasional episodes of frantic activity, however she did not stretch her legs out as she should after molting and that is not good, she just sort of sat there.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:57 pm

"Ah yes so are their name in the West, and I guess they have their place in the grand tapestry of things, but I prefer not to end up on the business end of their bullets and as such they are best stayed away from."
Jian-Jia said with a slight nod.
Colin shrugged, "Their bullets are bad enough, but they are too stagnant... and I'm sure you know what happens to a stagnant pond after too long; it will cultivate a certain kind of rot... The Union is a threat, but as a war of attrition, they can perhaps be outlasted until they collapse from within. Their sort of autcracy never lasts."

"Is that so Mr Clark? I am afraid I have little time for movies or reading novels my duties at my master's household keep me quite occupied, but yes you do seam to be a honorable man and I would prefer to stave of my own end for as long as possible, that is quite right."
He smiled, "The human mind requires some rest and entertainment, some occasional changes of pace from laborious schedules - I can think of far worse indulgences than a few chapters of a classic novel."

"Well said Mr Clark, do take care."
The Nephandus said before he turned around with a bit of a flurry and then walked of far more calmly than he probably liked to, his walking stick making a slight tap, tap, tap sound to match his steps. Joakim drew a deep breath of relief as the Fallen mage left Morningstar's front yard and Adjan relaxed a little.
"Well we are going to have to go an inform Master Min."
The security Chief said then he glanced in the direction where Lian-Jia had walked off.
"Well none can claim the man do not have balls at least."
He muttered.
Colin kept his eyes on Lian-Jia's back for a few moments, then turned back inside, lowering his voice, "We do indeed have to inform Master Min... but I think we did the right thing for Morningstar's safety, as well. I have no doubt the Jade Dragon's offer of a sacrifice was sincere - but i doubt the man would have kept his position by carelessly leaving his underlings for the crows. That gentleman has some solid brass, but I can't help but think the Jade Dragon would have been likely to use his presence inside the wards to examine the Chantry in meticulous detail. And mr. Zhang there might not even have fully realized as much, even. Or maybe he did, and that helped motivate his acceptance of his highly likely doom..."
He quietly closed the door, "Either way, the man would have presented an imminent manpower drain, security risk and a really foul taste in my mouth... Ah, if you'd kindly go ahead, I forgot something in your office, Sir... I'll be up in a moment."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:59 am

Colin shrugged, "Their bullets are bad enough, but they are too stagnant... and I'm sure you know what happens to a stagnant pond after too long; it will cultivate a certain kind of rot... The Union is a threat, but as a war of attrition, they can perhaps be outlasted until they collapse from within. Their sort of autcracy never lasts."

"Ah yes the rot of a still body of water...I personally do not mind such a rot Mr Clark but I do see your point, and perhaps you are right that the Metal Dragons own static ideals might probe to be their undoing, it would be a shame if they where to win this little war of ours before they got to the point of collapsing under their own weight though."
Lian-Jia said with a slight look of distaste for the Union on his pretty face as he spoke.

He smiled, "The human mind requires some rest and entertainment, some occasional changes of pace from laborious schedules - I can think of far worse indulgences than a few chapters of a classic novel."

"Quite right Sir and reading is a fine way to pass the time, sometimes time to not permit such frivolities though and it is seldom I have time to do other than perform my duties, meditate, cultivate my own magick or teach my students, however perhaps I shall take your advice the next time there is opportunity for it."
The visitor said diplomatically.

Colin kept his eyes on Lian-Jia's back for a few moments, then turned back inside, lowering his voice, "We do indeed have to inform Master Min... but I think we did the right thing for Morningstar's safety, as well. I have no doubt the Jade Dragon's offer of a sacrifice was sincere - but i doubt the man would have kept his position by carelessly leaving his underlings for the crows. That gentleman has some solid brass, but I can't help but think the Jade Dragon would have been likely to use his presence inside the wards to examine the Chantry in meticulous detail. And mr. Zhang there might not even have fully realized as much, even. Or maybe he did, and that helped motivate his acceptance of his highly likely doom..."

Joakim nodded as he returned back inside with you and Adjan.
"In my experience the Jade Demon have never been careless and no he do not sacrifice his underlings willy nilly, if he did what he offered us would not have had any value. I am not so sure he would have used Mr Zhang to spy on us, to do so would have diminished the show of sincerity his offer was meant as, however the risk that he would do so would have meant we would have had to spend time and resources with another prisoner and I would rather not do that right now."
The Security Chief said and nodded.
"Now do not get me wrong if I had the means to do so relatively safely I would gladly capture and deliver to Horizon the entirety of the Jade Demon's so called household, I would feel for them as some of them appear to be fairly decent folks, despite what they are, but at the end of the day they are Nephandi and must be dealt with. However in the middle of a crisis situation I would not want trouble I can avoid and besides I dislike the idea of such sacrifices, yes sending a man out on a dangerous mission that might or are even likely to lead to their death, that is one thing and sometimes a sad necessity, offering someone up as a gift to show sincerity that...do not sit right with me."

He quietly closed the door, "Either way, the man would have presented an imminent manpower drain, security risk and a really foul taste in my mouth...

"Agreed."
Joakim said and nodded.

Ah, if you'd kindly go ahead, I forgot something in your office, Sir... I'll be up in a moment."

"Off course, I will go to see if Master Min have returned to his office then or if he have gone to his apartment."
Joakim said and gave another nod. Adjan glanced over at you.
"Do you need any help with that Colin, if not I think I would like to just quickly check on Fran and catch a few minutes of meditation while I can to clear my head."
The Euthanatos said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:29 pm

"Ah yes the rot of a still body of water...I personally do not mind such a rot Mr Clark but I do see your point, and perhaps you are right that the Metal Dragons own static ideals might probe to be their undoing, it would be a shame if they where to win this little war of ours before they got to the point of collapsing under their own weight though."
Lian-Jia said with a slight look of distaste for the Union on his pretty face as he spoke.
Colin smiled thinly and arched an eyebrow, "I was under the impression your kind tended to favor a... cleaner unmaking over slow putrescence?"

"Quite right Sir and reading is a fine way to pass the time, sometimes time to not permit such frivolities though and it is seldom I have time to do other than perform my duties, meditate, cultivate my own magick or teach my students, however perhaps I shall take your advice the next time there is opportunity for it."
The visitor said diplomatically.
He grinned, "If nothing else, you could likely justify it as a study in verbal dueling and narrative patterns."

Joakim nodded as he returned back inside with you and Adjan.
"In my experience the Jade Demon have never been careless and no he do not sacrifice his underlings willy nilly, if he did what he offered us would not have had any value. I am not so sure he would have used Mr Zhang to spy on us, to do so would have diminished the show of sincerity his offer was meant as, however the risk that he would do so would have meant we would have had to spend time and resources with another prisoner and I would rather not do that right now."
He nodded, "No, I don't think he would have done so now; not before the assault. Afterwards, though, I'd be less certain. Oh, most likely it would indeed be a sincere offer, but it would still be... tainted. My guess is that the chap would turn out to be a White Elephant rather than a Trojan Horse."

"Now do not get me wrong if I had the means to do so relatively safely I would gladly capture and deliver to Horizon the entirety of the Jade Demon's so called household, I would feel for them as some of them appear to be fairly decent folks, despite what they are, but at the end of the day they are Nephandi and must be dealt with. However in the middle of a crisis situation I would not want trouble I can avoid and besides I dislike the idea of such sacrifices, yes sending a man out on a dangerous mission that might or are even likely to lead to their death, that is one thing and sometimes a sad necessity, offering someone up as a gift to show sincerity that...do not sit right with me."
He smiled wryly, "The operative term being 'safely', obviously... On the other hand, the pragmatic part of me can't help but think that was the only offer the Jade Demon could realistically make that would have the necessary convincing value, both to him and us. It was a very clever move by him... and likely it helped him gauge our morals and ethics in the process. For better or worse. Now he knows we've got a measure of compassion rather than pure bloodthirst. What he'll make of that... Perhaps he'll think he owes us a measure of gratitude, perhaps he'll think us weak. Who can say?"

"Off course, I will go to see if Master Min have returned to his office then or if he have gone to his apartment."
Joakim said and gave another nod. Adjan glanced over at you.
"Do you need any help with that Colin, if not I think I would like to just quickly check on Fran and catch a few minutes of meditation while I can to clear my head."
The Euthanatos said.
Colin nodded to Joakim, "Very good, Sir - I'll come up to his office, then. If you're not there, where's his apartment?"
He smiled to Adjan, "I think I'll be fine with the honoured Quaesitor. If you could tell Fran we've got a couple of far preferable solutions in the works, that might reassure her a little..."
He sighed and made for Joakim's office, fetched the thermos, and headed to the kitchen for some shrink wrap.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Colin smiled thinly and arched an eyebrow, "I was under the impression your kind tended to favor a... cleaner unmaking over slow putrescence?"

"This is true I hope that at the end of my path I wish to ascend to non existence however like with most of my kind I bear the mark of Yomi...ehm I have attracted Jhor and so I have to admit to a fascination with dead and dying things."
The visitor explained in a soft tone of voice.

He grinned, "If nothing else, you could likely justify it as a study in verbal dueling and narrative patterns."

"Ah yes it might at that Mr Clark."
The Nephandus said and allowed himself to sound amused.

He nodded, "No, I don't think he would have done so now; not before the assault. Afterwards, though, I'd be less certain. Oh, most likely it would indeed be a sincere offer, but it would still be... tainted. My guess is that the chap would turn out to be a White Elephant rather than a Trojan Horse."

"Hum...yes you might be right Mr Wainwright though I am not so sure speculating in length about the intentions of the Jade Demon will get us anyway, in either case dealing with a powerful old Nephandus like that is not wise, however if they will really attack in a little over an hour that might indeed be to our benefit but even that is not something we can readily trust, not from a Nephandus, even if I have never known the Jade Demon to lie and especially not after such a show of...sincerity."
Joakim said and wrinkled his brow as he thought about the matter.

He smiled wryly, "The operative term being 'safely', obviously...

"Obviously."
The Security Chief said and gave you a slight smile.

On the other hand, the pragmatic part of me can't help but think that was the only offer the Jade Demon could realistically make that would have the necessary convincing value, both to him and us. It was a very clever move by him... and likely it helped him gauge our morals and ethics in the process. For better or worse. Now he knows we've got a measure of compassion rather than pure bloodthirst. What he'll make of that... Perhaps he'll think he owes us a measure of gratitude, perhaps he'll think us weak. Who can say?"

"I was likely the only gesture the Jade Demon could have done to convince us yes, as distasteful as it may be and your assortment of his motives do seam likely young man, and it was a cleaver move but a risky one, we might as well have arrested our unexpected visitor."
Joakim said and frowned a bit.
"Let us hope for the first alternative that the Jade Demon will feel a hint of gratitude to us for sparing his student rather than the latter then."
He said.

Colin nodded to Joakim, "Very good, Sir - I'll come up to his office, then. If you're not there, where's his apartment?"

Joakim pointed down the first floor hallway.
"Right there on the right side, five doors down."
He informed you before he headed towards the Quesitor's office himself to see if Master Min was in.

He smiled to Adjan, "I think I'll be fine with the honoured Quaesitor. If you could tell Fran we've got a couple of far preferable solutions in the works, that might reassure her a little..."

"Very good and yes I will tell her that, I am sure she will be relieved that ehm...plan V is not our only choice."
Adjan said and gave you a polite nod before he headed for the stairs to check in on his wounded Traditionmate.

He sighed and made for Joakim's office, fetched the thermos, and headed to the kitchen for some shrink wrap.

You get the thermos from Joakim's office there where no one in there right now. You get to the kitchen where you see that Mirri was awake and she and her apprentice Dotty was busy baking bread for breakfast. Mirri looked up from adding something to her mixer.
"Ah Mr Wainwright good morning what can I help you with?"
She asked and wiped four from her hands onto a towel.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next