Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 5 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:06 pm

"They do and they also call their laws the Code and you would be surprised over how sensible their laws are, there are far more to the death mages then well, killing."
Crexia said and nodded.
"All of the Traditions have their own laws usually formed around their practices, for the Euthanatos they want to make sure they do not just become murderers, the Cultists preach hedonism but hedonism with responsibility and so they need laws for that, Virtual Adepts need laws surrounding sharing of computer data and so on."
The old Tytalus explained.
He nodded, "Yes, we have a couple of Chakravanti in our Chantry - killing is the last resort to protect Fate and the Cycle, not a handy go-to tool..."

"I have actually, Swan was badly Paradox sick a few years back and she requested I read it for her."
The old archmaga said with a slight smile.
"I usually do not have much time for fiction books but when my love needs me...well that is another story."
He grinned wryly, "You-know-who did great things, as well - terrible things, of course, but still great... Not exactly the association one might wish to make when pondering future deeds..."

"The problem I think is that often the customer do not see the clerk as human they just want what they want and they want it now, never pausing to consider if it is doable and what trouble it might cause for the clerk or craftsman in question, I mean just look at how few actually give a polite nod or a good day to the woman or man behind the counter in the supermarket...in many ways we are not that different society as we once was in ancient Rome with their slaves, only now the slaves can complain online and well say no, but we do not really treat people any better."
He sighed, "Yes... You know, I am slightly concerned that I might at some point hop back to London in 1909 and punch Harry Gordon Selfridge for that bloody 'The customer is always right' motto of his... It was perhaps functional when it catered mainly to the upper class of Edwardian England, but there was a whole other sense of noblesse oblige back then..."

"She is indeed a pride for House Guernicus, she is known to be fair and just though she prefer the role of advocate to that of judge. These last ten years though she have been legal advisor to the harbor master on Horizon, dealing with the legality of import, solving conflicts on the docks and dealing with ship building permits and the like, though she still take the odd criminal case, she is a good friend and a good mage."
Crexia said fondly.
He scratched the back of his head, "Hum, come to think of it, in my vision of twenty years in the future, I was doing some acceptably profitable work at the Horizon Umbral Port, but damned if I know what sort of work... Well, no matter... Yes, she is quite admirable still... More so, really, than when she started her career with a bang."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 5 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:47 pm

He nodded, "Yes, we have a couple of Chakravanti in our Chantry - killing is the last resort to protect Fate and the Cycle, not a handy go-to tool..."

"Yes they are more protectors really than killers, through at times they are protectors by being warriors."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement.

He grinned wryly, "You-know-who did great things, as well - terrible things, of course, but still great... Not exactly the association one might wish to make when pondering future deeds..."

"Yes well, that tend to be the case, great deeds do not always mean good deeds Mr Wainwright...but I have a feeling you will do good deeds young man...unless someone threaten those you love...then you will do terrible deeds."
The old maga said as she regarded you.

He sighed, "Yes... You know, I am slightly concerned that I might at some point hop back to London in 1909 and punch Harry Gordon Selfridge for that bloody 'The customer is always right' motto of his... It was perhaps functional when it catered mainly to the upper class of Edwardian England, but there was a whole other sense of noblesse oblige back then..."

"Yes society have advanced a bit since then...and since the time I was young where the life of a pheasant was worth...well very little- Covenants tended to be sanctuaries for those lost and beaten souls the rest of society abused and neglected, after all who would work for mages but those who had nowhere else to go."
Crexia said and sigh.
"So I have seen quite a variety of human cruelty...perhaps performed it a few times to over the years then need called for it..."
She muttered.
"I bygone time the ideal of courtesy for those not of high classes in society was sorely lacking."

He scratched the back of his head, "Hum, come to think of it, in my vision of twenty years in the future, I was doing some acceptably profitable work at the Horizon Umbral Port, but damned if I know what sort of work... Well, no matter...

"Well you are a craftsman, if you learn to repair Umbral ships or work on their parts you could earn a good living on the docks of Horizon, such work is always sought after to keep the fleet going but yes who knows what your future will bring."

Yes, she is quite admirable still... More so, really, than when she started her career with a bang."

Crexia took her eyes of the Umbra for just a moment to regard you then she returned to watch out into the spirit world.
"Hum...yes I am surprised you know though Mr Wainwright, only history buffs knows that she was Heylel Teomim's advocate during their trial, and that it was her first real case after she got the title of Quesitor, but that girl, it was assumed it would be a slap in the Betrayer's face to assign a advocate to him that was a slip of a girl hardly a year out of her apprenticeship, but she fought for him, and she fought hard, not that it helped but she was no pushover, and she have not been in any of her cases after either. However then again few knows those details..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:35 pm

"Yes they are more protectors really than killers, through at times they are protectors by being warriors."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement.
Colin nodded, "Si vis pacem, para bellum..."

"Yes well, that tend to be the case, great deeds do not always mean good deeds Mr Wainwright...but I have a feeling you will do good deeds young man...unless someone threaten those you love...then you will do terrible deeds."
The old maga said as she regarded you.
A dark shadow flickered over Colin's face, just for a moment, "Yes, I will not stray from doing terrible deeds if it is necessary... and I hope necessity will be a rare occasion. Today... it just might be such an occasion, though I hope it won't..."

"Yes society have advanced a bit since then...and since the time I was young where the life of a pheasant was worth...well very little- Covenants tended to be sanctuaries for those lost and beaten souls the rest of society abused and neglected, after all who would work for mages but those who had nowhere else to go."
Crexia said and sigh.
"So I have seen quite a variety of human cruelty...perhaps performed it a few times to over the years then need called for it..."
She muttered.
"I bygone time the ideal of courtesy for those not of high classes in society was sorely lacking."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose the stereotypical Igor had to come from somewhere... The ideals of courtesy might have been higher than the norm for treating one's lessers, but ideals alone don't put clothes on one's back, nor bread on one's table..."

"Well you are a craftsman, if you learn to repair Umbral ships or work on their parts you could earn a good living on the docks of Horizon, such work is always sought after to keep the fleet going but yes who knows what your future will bring."
He nodded, "Perhaps I will have the breakthrough to work Primium - that would be a sure way to, ah, rake in the dough, to use so vulgar a term. I'm more of the artisan than the engineer, but certainly making components to specific measurements should be well within my field of expertise."

Crexia took her eyes of the Umbra for just a moment to regard you then she returned to watch out into the spirit world.
"Hum...yes I am surprised you know though Mr Wainwright, only history buffs knows that she was Heylel Teomim's advocate during their trial, and that it was her first real case after she got the title of Quesitor, but that girl, it was assumed it would be a slap in the Betrayer's face to assign a advocate to him that was a slip of a girl hardly a year out of her apprenticeship, but she fought for him, and she fought hard, not that it helped but she was no pushover, and she have not been in any of her cases after either. However then again few knows those details..."
He smiled enigmatically, "Yes, well, like I said, I remembered seeing her work like a legal hurricane, and that left quite the lasting impression on me... Hum, I don't think I said I remembered who her client was, though. So you're saying she was Teomim's advocate, then... Hum, I don't think they could have asked for a better advocate."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Colin nodded, "Si vis pacem, para bellum..."

"True Mr Wainwright, peace is seldom given it is taken."
Crexia said and nodded solemnly.

A dark shadow flickered over Colin's face, just for a moment, "Yes, I will not stray from doing terrible deeds if it is necessary... and I hope necessity will be a rare occasion. Today... it just might be such an occasion, though I hope it won't..."

"I suspect today will be such a day young man, at least we will do terrible things to this Labyrinth's inhabitants, let us hope we stay within the borders of what is just."
The old maga commented with a dark look in her eyes.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I suppose the stereotypical Igor had to come from somewhere... The ideals of courtesy might have been higher than the norm for treating one's lessers, but ideals alone don't put clothes on one's back, nor bread on one's table..."

"Ah yes we have had a few of those, but yes Covenants where filled with those who would fit in nowhere else. You are right though strict rules of courtesy was certainly a part of society but very little understanding and kindness for ones leasers..."
Crexia agreed.

He nodded, "Perhaps I will have the breakthrough to work Primium - that would be a sure way to, ah, rake in the dough, to use so vulgar a term. I'm more of the artisan than the engineer, but certainly making components to specific measurements should be well within my field of expertise."

Crexia smiled a little.
"Well it is hard to know for sure what your future occupation will be Mr Wainwrgiht, for all we know you might be an Umbral pilot."
She said and shrugged a little.

He smiled enigmatically, "Yes, well, like I said, I remembered seeing her work like a legal hurricane, and that left quite the lasting impression on me... Hum, I don't think I said I remembered who her client was, though. So you're saying she was Teomim's advocate, then... Hum, I don't think they could have asked for a better advocate."

"Ah well I guess it is the strangest things one see that can end up making an impression enough to be remembered in a future life, and Udella certainly did fight. Yes she was Teomim's advocate, and she did all she could to save their Avatars, the Council was quite frustrated, they thought they would be able to push her aside and hid the outrage that would have arisen about giving such a case to so inexperienced a Enforcer behind their familiar bonds, not close family off course but both of them came from the Medici family, but the slip of a girl they had maneuvered in as a surefire way that Teomim's defense would fail fought back with tooth and nail...it was quite a sight to behold."
The old Tytalus said and she sounded a bit amused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:29 pm

"We are under attack, my teacher felt the wards was being messed with so she sent me here to see if I could find out who was at our doors and how many."

"Who is your teacher? And from what way out did you come to get to here?"

"First the Jade Demon, it have to be him have been attacking." The young Nephandus said and he added an insult in the Dragon's Tongue which was probably not flattering the old Master of the Realm much. "Then someone else attacked from the Umbra, we are trying to mount defenses since we, well you know do not want to be overrun...fuck..."

"What defenses were being mounted against these attacks?" he asked. He waited to see what the man said before continuing, "If we cross the regio at the maintenance shed, are there more traps or defense mounted against non-Fallen on the other side, or between?" Then, "Do you need a token of some kind to cross safely by the maintenance shed? Are there more of those spirits protecting the labyrinth within? What is the offering that you give the spirit to stop the guardian spirits from attacking you after you say the right words?"

"Yes I did they will be coming out here any moment!" The young Nephandus declared but this time a fine mist rose from his lips

He gave an unimpressed frown as the caught Nephandus desperately lied, a puff escaping his lips as if he were outside in a chill. "I said to answer truthfully, not waste our time," he warned him. Of course, it did answer the question to an extent. "Did you contact anyone about us already?" he asked again. "Is there a man once named Edmund Tilder that lives inside this labyrinth? Where is Abigail the last you knew, and when was that? Where is Cotta the last you knew, and when was that?​ Where is Matty the last you knew, and when was that? Where are the werecreatures the last you knew, and when was that?"​

// lol poor little Nephandus, whose side are you on ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:17 pm

"Who is your teacher? And from what way out did you come to get to here?"

"Cotta...well that is what we who are not raised in a Labyrinth call her...she is the Labyrinth's caretaker, she is my teacher."
Tanner said proudly, like most mages he was fond and proud of his Mentor even if she was some dread being who was tending to the need of the living walls of a Labyrinth.

"What defenses were being mounted against these attacks?" he asked. He waited to see what the man said before continuing,

"We are sending some allies of us who are werebears, several Umbroods and a good portion of our servants to the main main entrance, most of our mages to go out into the Umbra...on the middle plane where we are being attacked on two fronts save some left behind to protect the Caul and my teacher."
The Nephandus said.
"I do not know more than that I am not told all the details, my job is just to assist my teacher."
He said and for now there where no more smoke coming out of his mouth.

"If we cross the regio at the maintenance shed, are there more traps or defense mounted against non-Fallen on the other side, or between?"

The young Fallen hesitated then he looked at Udella and shivered.
"Yeah..."
He finally admitted.
"Several of the spirits will attack non Fallen Awakened, other than that there are no direct traps but the walls will eat you if touch it in the wrong places but that go for everyone."

"Do you need a token of some kind to cross safely by the maintenance shed? Are there more of those spirits protecting the labyrinth within? What is the offering that you give the spirit to stop the guardian spirits from attacking you after you say the right words?"

"Well yes we have this Hermetic spell on our Labyrinth an Aegis it will not let anyone in unless they have a token, other than that though no."
Tanner said then he looked a bit confused.
"What spirits? We have allot of spirits, willing and unwilling...ah you mean Miss Jerkins' children yes there are three more...we give them a small token, a child's toy, that makes them happy and makes them less inclined to you know...eat us...though the right words usually do the trick."
He said looking rather shameful over betraying his Labyrinth like this but he was so very afraid.

He gave an unimpressed frown as the caught Nephandus desperately lied, a puff escaping his lips as if he were outside in a chill. "I said to answer truthfully, not waste our time," he warned him. Of course, it did answer the question to an extent. "Did you contact anyone about us already?" he asked again.

Tanner looked frustrated and scared as he was caught in a lie and he glanced at Udella again and then back at you.
"No...I did not have the time, I have not reported back yet."
He finally admitted, the hope of rescue or you and Udella leaving out of fear reinforcements where coming dying in his eyes.

"Is there a man once named Edmund Tilder that lives inside this labyrinth?

"Yes...he is the apprentice of one of the elder mages of the Labyrinth, he is a pretty ok guy, he and me play computer games together now and again."
Tanner said and nodded.
"I guess you and the other damned Traditionalists will try to take him as well..."
He added bitterly.

Where is Abigail the last you knew, and when was that?

"Ehm...last night for dinner, I saw her in the dining room, other than that I do not know but I would guess she is either with her orchids, in her room or in one of the ritual chambers, unless she is out."
Tanner said and shrugged.
"The boss lady do not tell me where she gos."

Where is Cotta the last you knew, and when was that?​

The color drained from the young Nephandus' face and he shook his head.
"I...can't...she is my Mentor...please I can't betray her...please do not ask me that."
He begged and looked fearfully at Udella and then back at you.
"Please...I do not want her to be killed or...taken prisoner and...I don't want that for her...please..."
He begged desperately for all that he was, he did care for his teacher.

Where is Matty the last you knew, and when was that?

"Matty...fuck that crazy bitch...she came in, barely able to stand, she said some bloody Traddie...ehm Traditionalists."
He corrected himself after a new looked at your face.
"Said they jumped her in a cemetery, two of the guys helped her to her room and that bloody soul of hers fucked up one of them bad, I would guess she is still in her room licking her wounds but I would not go in there if I was you, her spiritual pit bull is not happy."
He said and shook his head, fear on his face, it was clear Matty's Labyrinthmates feared her as well, or rather feared her Avatar.
"I think it was oh not that long ago she came in, one and a half hours or so."

Where are the werecreatures the last you knew, and when was that?"​

"Like I said they are heading to the main entrance, that means the maintenance shed portal to protect the Labyrinth from well...you guys and I was told this oh five minutes ago so I hope you like them big and hairy for they will..."
The Nephandus begun then he seamed to take stock of his situation and decide that he should not finish that insult he just looked at you with terrified eyes.

(OOC: I refuse to answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate me Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:34 am

"True Mr Wainwright, peace is seldom given it is taken."
Crexia said and nodded solemnly.
Colin nodded, "And held onto by threat of force of arms far too often..."

"I suspect today will be such a day young man, at least we will do terrible things to this Labyrinth's inhabitants, let us hope we stay within the borders of what is just."
The old maga commented with a dark look in her eyes.
His hand slowly drifted to the wrapped thermos poking out of his pocket, "Let us hope... but i can't expect it. Not until Mattea Carlyle is dealt with..."

Crexia smiled a little.
"Well it is hard to know for sure what your future occupation will be Mr Wainwrgiht, for all we know you might be an Umbral pilot."
She said and shrugged a little.
He grinned, "That one, actually, I'm pretty certain of - our Security Chief has made the arrangements for an instructor for me, and I'll likely be serving as the in-house pilot for his newly-acquired shuttle, owing to my skill and experience with mundane aircraft."

"Ah well I guess it is the strangest things one see that can end up making an impression enough to be remembered in a future life, and Udella certainly did fight. Yes she was Teomim's advocate, and she did all she could to save their Avatars, the Council was quite frustrated, they thought they would be able to push her aside and hid the outrage that would have arisen about giving such a case to so inexperienced a Enforcer behind their familiar bonds, not close family off course but both of them came from the Medici family, but the slip of a girl they had maneuvered in as a surefire way that Teomim's defense would fail fought back with tooth and nail...it was quite a sight to behold."
The old Tytalus said and she sounded a bit amused.
He smiled thinly, "Then I suppose while she could never have a chance to save Teomim from the inevitable sentence, she did save the Protocols from, well, mob rule... a far greater victory, perhaps. And a far more crucial one."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:47 am

"We are sending some allies of us who are werebears, several Umbroods and a good portion of our servants to the main main entrance, most of our mages to go out into the Umbra...on the middle plane where we are being attacked on two fronts save some left behind to protect the Caul and my teacher."

"Do you know how many werebears and how many and what type of Umbrood? How about a general count of how many people are there? Who is protecting the Caul?"

"Several of the spirits will attack non Fallen Awakened, other than that there are no direct traps but the walls will eat you if touch it in the wrong places but that go for everyone."

He couldn't quite keep the look of repugnance off of his face. How could anyone live in a place that would eat you if you leaned on the wrong wall? "How do you know what the wrong places are?"

"...unwilling...ah you mean Miss Jerkins' children yes there are three more...we give them a small token, a child's toy, that makes them happy and makes them less inclined to you know...eat us...though the right words usually do the trick."

"She has four children in total? Do you have such a token on you?" he asked. Then he frowned. "These unwilling umbrood, tell me what you know about them."

"No...I did not have the time, I have not reported back yet." He finally admitted, the hope of rescue or you and Udella leaving out of fear reinforcements where coming dying in his eyes.

"Where did you exit the Labyrinth to come out here? And where did you plan on going back in, seeing as we were there?"

"Yes...he is the apprentice of one of the elder mages of the Labyrinth, he is a pretty ok guy, he and me play computer games together now and again." Tanner said and nodded. "I guess you and the other damned Traditionalists will try to take him as well..."

"Which mage is he the apprentice of?" Again, the image of mages sitting around playing Wii while the walls blinked at them flashed before his eyes. It was probably even worse than that.

"I...can't...she is my Mentor...please I can't betray her...please do not ask me that." He begged and looked fearfully at Udella and then back at you. "Please...I do not want her to be killed or...taken prisoner and...I don't want that for her...please..."

"Do not make me ask you again, Mr Tanner."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:10 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "And held onto by threat of force of arms far too often..."

Crexia nodded at that and frowned.
"Far to often indeed young man."

His hand slowly drifted to the wrapped thermos poking out of his pocket, "Let us hope... but i can't expect it. Not until Mattea Carlyle is dealt with..."

The old archmage looked at you for a moment then she sigh and nodded sadly.
"Yes, whatever happen with Miss Carlyle it will be a burden for the soul, but let us hope we do not have to take the...worst option there."

He grinned, "That one, actually, I'm pretty certain of - our Security Chief has made the arrangements for an instructor for me, and I'll likely be serving as the in-house pilot for his newly-acquired shuttle, owing to my skill and experience with mundane aircraft."

"Hum...yes I suspect experience with mundane aircraft would help when it comes to learning to pilot at least technomagickal Umbral ships, well you will always be able to find a job on Horizon then, Umbral pilots are always needed and I am sure Steelhaven will have good use of your new skills."
The old Tytalus said and nodded in agreement.

He smiled thinly, "Then I suppose while she could never have a chance to save Teomim from the inevitable sentence, she did save the Protocols from, well, mob rule... a far greater victory, perhaps. And a far more crucial one."

"Yes Heylel Teomim was guilty, there was never any doubt about that, and while the debate still rages and it should do so, on whatever or not Gilgul should be a punishment for high treason, it is, his guilt and the punishment he got for it was never in question but yes Udella did manage to prevent mob rule for the most part, she ensured a far fairer trial though it still could not be said to have been a fair one, and that was an important victory."
Crexia agreed and nodded a small frown on her face.

Adley:

"Do you know how many werebears and how many and what type of Umbrood? How about a general count of how many people are there? Who is protecting the Caul?"

"There are two werebears, Christian Blood-Claw and Angus Addie, as for Umbrood all sort of types really though most are Entropic in nature. Well we have lost a few member today so our exact number of magi I am not sure of...fewer than we should be, we do have ten extraordinary pawns, those who have linear magic, the werebears and so on, and thirty one regular pawns though most of them will have some minor investments, if you know what that is."
Tanner said and glanced up at you.
"I do not know who is protecting the Caul, we did not have a general meeting about it, I suspect some of our strongest members."

He couldn't quite keep the look of repugnance off of his face. How could anyone live in a place that would eat you if you leaned on the wrong wall? "How do you know what the wrong places are?"

"Usually you just avoid the placed with mouths and teeth, but there are a few other places, we are generally just told when we are shown around the Labyrinth when we arrive, how do you know which rooms houses a dangerous laboratory in your Chantry Traditionalist?"

"She has four children in total? Do you have such a token on you?" he asked. Then he frowned. "These unwilling umbrood, tell me what you know about them."

"Yeah I do actually a small toy bird in my left pocket. Yes Miss Jerkins have four children in total, at least as far as I know, they say she was screaming in her chambers a few days ago so that mean her patron might have visited her again and another one might eventually be born, or it might just be rumors you know, we have them as well, gossip about the big wigs in the Labyrinth around the breakfast table."
Tanner said then he sigh.
"Well there is this spirit of a huge garbage dump in town, a Umbrood Lord we have her because Miss Abigail have her offspring bound in a ring and threaten to destroy it unless she obeys, exactly how a Umbrood can have a child I do not know but it works. Then there are this strange spirit with claws, I do not know what is up to him only that he is bound against his will...ehm let me see, we have an ocean spirit it was sent to us as a gift from the Boston Labyrinth...it do not obey very well though and speaks about some charge it have to train, a werecreature of some sort so we really want that charge...and those are the ones I know about."
He said and he was truthful about that.

"Where did you exit the Labyrinth to come out here? And where did you plan on going back in, seeing as we were there?"

"I went though a mirror in the East hallway, it is sort of a short cut into the Umbra, and I planned on getting back in that way."
The young Nephandus said, clearly regretful of his words.

"Which mage is he the apprentice of?" Again, the image of mages sitting around playing Wii while the walls blinked at them flashed before his eyes. It was probably even worse than that.

"We call her Mel, to be a Master of the Art she is really nice, sometimes she even hangs out with us, she is this technomancer, and before you ask she is in the infirmary, she came back from a mission badly Paradox sick, I mean really bad."
Tanner muttered and shuddered.
"I really hate Paradox, it is like reality really have it in for us."
He complained.

"Do not make me ask you again, Mr Tanner."

The young Nephandus glanced at Udella and then at you and shook his head.
"Please...she is my Mentor...I can't betray her...please...I have answered all of your other questions, don't take me in to be...please just let me go or kill me...please..."
He begged a terrified look in his dark eyes.
"Please I will answer any other question but not about my teacher."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:23 pm

"Usually you just avoid the placed with mouths and teeth, but there are a few other places, we are generally just told when we are shown around the Labyrinth when we arrive, how do you know which rooms houses a dangerous laboratory in your Chantry Traditionalist?"

He sighed but didn't waste time answering his question.

"Yeah I do actually a small toy bird in my left pocket. Yes Miss Jerkins have four children in total, at least as far as I know, they say she was screaming in her chambers a few days ago so that mean her patron might have visited her again and another one might eventually be born, or it might just be rumors you know, we have them as well, gossip about the big wigs in the Labyrinth around the breakfast table."

Four...fuck. Well, possibly two, unless one was able to reform. He didn't let his mind wander too far along the lines of Mrs Jerkins and her patron's...activities to replace her lost children. Perhaps she had one of those spirits for each of the portals as guardians...

"Well there is this spirit of a huge garbage dump in town, a Umbrood Lord we have her because Miss Abigail have her offspring bound in a ring and threaten to destroy it unless she obeys, exactly how a Umbrood can have a child I do not know but it works. Then there are this strange spirit with claws, I do not know what is up to him only that he is bound against his will...ehm let me see, we have an ocean spirit it was sent to us as a gift from the Boston Labyrinth...it do not obey very well though and speaks about some charge it have to train, a werecreature of some sort so we really want that charge...and those are the ones I know about."

A gift...what a terrible thing to do. Threatening children...He wondered if Tane would know anything about it, but there wasn't any way to ask now.

"I went though a mirror in the East hallway, it is sort of a short cut into the Umbra, and I planned on getting back in that way."

"From the mirror to get into the Umbra, which portal did you plan using to cross into the labyrinth? Other than the main entrance maintenance shed, what are the other ways into the Labyrinth? What are the protections on those ways in against non-Fallen? Are there people guarding those ways in also?"

"Please...she is my Mentor...I can't betray her...please...I have answered all of your other questions, don't take me in to be...please just let me go or kill me...please..." He begged a terrified look in his dark eyes. "Please I will answer any other question but not about my teacher."

Cotta was far, far too dangerous an enemy not to find out about her, her apprentice was loyal to her for whatever reason and it seemed genuine but no doubt she was up to something. "Where is Cotta the last you knew, and when was that? What was she doing or about to do when you left?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:32 pm

"From the mirror to get into the Umbra, which portal did you plan using to cross into the labyrinth? Other than the main entrance maintenance shed, what are the other ways into the Labyrinth? What are the protections on those ways in against non-Fallen? Are there people guarding those ways in also?"

"It is not so much a portal, it is more the same as you can step into the Umbra from anywhere in your Chantry really, unless you are being held out by the wards. I stepped sideways through a mirror like my fluffy...well more scabby friends would say, say what you want about black spiral dancers but it sure make them allot less cute...but yes I did not go through a portal I just stepped into the Umbra...and the whole Labyrinth are protected by the wards."
Tanner said and shrugged.
"I just like to go through mirrors to get into the spirit world...just helps my mind focus on it you know."

Cotta was far, far too dangerous an enemy not to find out about her, her apprentice was loyal to her for whatever reason and it seemed genuine but no doubt she was up to something. "Where is Cotta the last you knew, and when was that? What was she doing or about to do when you left?"

"I...can't...would you betray your teacher in the same situation?"
The Nephandus asked and Udella looked at him.
"I am sure that this Cotta will understand Mr Tanner...if she value you, then she would not want you to loose your Avatar over her."
She said and Tanner started sobbing fearfully again but he still shook his head refusing to answer.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 am

"...but yes I did not go through a portal I just stepped into the Umbra...and the whole Labyrinth are protected by the wards."

"You went through the mirror directly into the Labyrinth?" he clarified.

"I...can't...would you betray your teacher in the same situation?" The Nephandus asked and Udella looked at him.
"I am sure that this Cotta will understand Mr Tanner...if she value you, then she would not want you to loose your Avatar over her." She said and Tanner started sobbing fearfully again but he still shook his head refusing to answer.

He didn't answer the rhetorical question, but frowned at the stubbornly loyal Nephandus. "I urge you to answer the questions regarding Cotta, Mr Tanner."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 am

"You went through the mirror directly into the Labyrinth?" he clarified.

"Yes it is a building, or a realm, did you go through a portal to get out into the Umbra just now? No I suspect that you and your friend here just stepped through the Gauntlet, as did I."
Tanner said and sigh.

He didn't answer the rhetorical question, but frowned at the stubbornly loyal Nephandus. "I urge you to answer the questions regarding Cotta, Mr Tanner."

"No...I can't do that, she is my Mentor."
The young Nephandus said and shook his head, he was shivering though, terrified.
"Please don't bring me in, but even if you do I can not betray her, I have betrayed my Labyrinth to keep my Avatar safe but I will not betray my teacher...I won't."
He sobbed softly and looked away from you.

(OOC: You get the feeling Tanner will not tell you about Cotta willingly, you can try to roll intimidation and make another effort but he is already pretty frightened.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:46 am

"Yes it is a building, or a realm, did you go through a portal to get out into the Umbra just now? No I suspect that you and your friend here just stepped through the Gauntlet, as did I."

"Do you have to be Fallen to access the mirror passageway? What is on the other side of it?"

"No...I can't do that, she is my Mentor." The young Nephandus said and shook his head, he was shivering though, terrified. "Please don't bring me in, but even if you do I can not betray her, I have betrayed my Labyrinth to keep my Avatar safe but I will not betray my teacher...I won't."

There wasn't much he could do to squeeze the information out of him, not willingly. And even if he were willing to try to harder tactics from the unwilling, they didn't have time, it was ethnically concerning and the information was sure to be poor. He made a small gesture towards his elder associate. He didn't want to take his attention away from the man or the area but it seemed they'd come to the end of their 'discussion.' Unless Udella wanted him to press him again, it was up to her whether he would have to shoot him (not a pleasant prospect) or for her to make good on putting him away for later...or something else.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:41 am

"Do you have to be Fallen to access the mirror passageway? What is on the other side of it?"

"No not really you just have to be able to step over into the Umbra. It is just a corridor there ehm...there it is in the residential area of the Labyrinth, where we have our rooms and kitchens and the like."
Tanner muttered and looked down.

There wasn't much he could do to squeeze the information out of him, not willingly. And even if he were willing to try to harder tactics from the unwilling, they didn't have time, it was ethnically concerning and the information was sure to be poor. He made a small gesture towards his elder associate. He didn't want to take his attention away from the man or the area but it seemed they'd come to the end of their 'discussion.' Unless Udella wanted him to press him again, it was up to her whether he would have to shoot him (not a pleasant prospect) or for her to make good on putting him away for later...or something else.

Udella took one step towards you so she could whisper.
"We can not keep him, I could put him away but it is not safe, it was never a real option to bring him inn that is why this was legal, a Nephandus must be taken alive if possible but in our situation...dealing with a live prisoner is to dangerous and for me to try to...I can do it alone but it would take to much time and the Resonance of such an act would be sure to attract every critter in the Umbra for miles...we can not let him go through...or leave him alive..."
She said, her only kindness being not letting Tanner hear that he had betrayed his Labyrinth for nothing, at least he would not have to die with that knowledge.
"I will do it with magick Sodalis I do not want you to have blood on your hands before...you have to."
Udella whispered to you again and waited to see if you had anything to add.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 am

"Hum...yes I suspect experience with mundane aircraft would help when it comes to learning to pilot at least technomagickal Umbral ships, well you will always be able to find a job on Horizon then, Umbral pilots are always needed and I am sure Steelhaven will have good use of your new skills."
The old Tytalus said and nodded in agreement.
Colin grinned wryly, "Oddly enough, I am already adequately familiar with piloting Umbral craft to make a few short trips without trouble, thanks to remembering fragments of twenty years' experience with flying the Umbra. The utter absurdity of it is less of a bother than one might expect, but trying to rationalize it sort of aches..."

"Yes Heylel Teomim was guilty, there was never any doubt about that, and while the debate still rages and it should do so, on whatever or not Gilgul should be a punishment for high treason, it is, his guilt and the punishment he got for it was never in question but yes Udella did manage to prevent mob rule for the most part, she ensured a far fairer trial though it still could not be said to have been a fair one, and that was an important victory."
Crexia agreed and nodded a small frown on her face.
He nodded, "That, perhaps, was Teomim's greatest error in judgment when they decided to make themselves the enemy of the Traditions to bring them together - any lesser lawyer, and the legal foundations for the Traditions might have cracked and crumbled in their entirety, leaving us in a far weaker position than we have ended up in. How much confidence would the Primi have, if they knew a mob at any time could rise up and drag them through a kangaroo court and have them executed, hmm?"

((OOC: Had a bad head cold yesterday, with a sinus headache that felt like I had a huge, inflating puffer fish up my schnoz. Tonight, I'll be delving into the new Zelda game or Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, so I might be far less than swift in replies after I get home from work.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:01 am

Colin grinned wryly, "Oddly enough, I am already adequately familiar with piloting Umbral craft to make a few short trips without trouble, thanks to remembering fragments of twenty years' experience with flying the Umbra. The utter absurdity of it is less of a bother than one might expect, but trying to rationalize it sort of aches..."

"I am a Master of the Sphere of Time Mr Wainwright, the idea of learning skills your future self knows are far from absurd, time is not so simple as a straight line...hum...well we always have use of more Umbral pilots and you can make a good living from it."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Sometimes I wish I had taken up that craft myself but I have never gotten to it...perhaps sometime in the future, I can travel the Deep Umbra myself, but with a ship it is easier to bring others along."

He nodded, "That, perhaps, was Teomim's greatest error in judgment when they decided to make themselves the enemy of the Traditions to bring them together - any lesser lawyer, and the legal foundations for the Traditions might have cracked and crumbled in their entirety, leaving us in a far weaker position than we have ended up in.

Crexia nodded to that.
"Hum...I agree the Traditions could have shattered at that point, trust between the various Orders and groups had not yet been formed and if the legal system had just collapsed, well then we would have been finished, and it was so much anger, it could have easily been mob rule."
The Tytalus said and frowned.
"Udella did us all a great service."

How much confidence would the Primi have, if they knew a mob at any time could rise up and drag them through a kangaroo court and have them executed, hmm?"

"Yes there is that, and how much confidence would other magi have in the Council's ability to protect them if whenever someone was accused of a crime, there would not be a proper trial, really the way we treat the ones we despise most are a measure of how we will treat ourselves when it comes to it after all."
She said.

(OOC: Enjoy Zelda and I hope you feel better today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:10 pm

"I am a Master of the Sphere of Time Mr Wainwright, the idea of learning skills your future self knows are far from absurd, time is not so simple as a straight line...hum...well we always have use of more Umbral pilots and you can make a good living from it."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Sometimes I wish I had taken up that craft myself but I have never gotten to it...perhaps sometime in the future, I can travel the Deep Umbra myself, but with a ship it is easier to bring others along."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I might never learn how to cross over to the Umbra on my own; I've not yet showed any ability with that Sphere of magic myself, but an understanding of navigational methods and a good ship should probably allow me to travel the, ah, common traffic lanes in relative safety. With, of course, a copilot or navigator. Exploratory trips - now those could easily get very interesting without any skill with the Sphere of Spirit, I suppose. A bit too interesting, even."

Crexia nodded to that.
"Hum...I agree the Traditions could have shattered at that point, trust between the various Orders and groups had not yet been formed and if the legal system had just collapsed, well then we would have been finished, and it was so much anger, it could have easily been mob rule."
He pondered, "I do wonder if she has realized that for herself, though."

Crexia nodded to that.
He pondered, "Whatever you did for the least of these, you did for me... Hm, it's been a while since my falling out with the Church, since I determined it was straying too far from practicing what it preaches on the whole, but a few lessons still stick."

((OOC: Oh, I do. No inflating puffer fish in the schnoz today. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I might never learn how to cross over to the Umbra on my own; I've not yet showed any ability with that Sphere of magic myself, but an understanding of navigational methods and a good ship should probably allow me to travel the, ah, common traffic lanes in relative safety. With, of course, a copilot or navigator. Exploratory trips - now those could easily get very interesting without any skill with the Sphere of Spirit, I suppose. A bit too interesting, even."

"Hum...it might be easier for you to see the Umbra the way the Union do it as a place between dimensions rather than as a spirit world, for many using ships to travel the Umbra is a rewarding practice and it is certainly safer than doing so oneself, having someone to travel with as you say, a copilot or other crew might also be a good idea."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Well no matter how one choose to travel the Umbra it can be rewarding."

He pondered, "I do wonder if she has realized that for herself, though."

"No I don't think she have realized that at all Mr Wainwright, I think Udella still blame herself for not being able to save her first client...such a case can be hard on a young girl, which she was back then...she have never realized her own importance."
The old archmage muttered and shook her head.

He pondered, "Whatever you did for the least of these, you did for me... Hm, it's been a while since my falling out with the Church, since I determined it was straying too far from practicing what it preaches on the whole, but a few lessons still stick."

"Well most holy orders and religious text have some good parts in them, even if their followers often cast off the mysteries presented and rather use their religion as a way to gather power for themselves. But yes indeed, that saying is exactly what I was thinking of."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:29 pm

"No not really you just have to be able to step over into the Umbra. It is just a corridor there ehm...there it is in the residential area of the Labyrinth, where we have our rooms and kitchens and the like."

"Do you need a token, spoken word command or anything else to get through the mirror, other than the ones you told me for the wards? Are there any defenders positioned at this entryway? Are there any other defenses positioned in that area against intruders? Are there traps between where we are and the mirror that need to be navigated by us?" Then he circled back to ask, "The Jade Demon...did they get inside your Labyrinth?"

Udella took one step towards you so she could whisper. "We can not keep him...we can not let him go through...or leave him alive..."

He gave her a small nod, not taking his attention away to look directly at her.

"I will do it with magick Sodalis I do not want you to have blood on your hands before...you have to." Udella whispered to you again

He frowned a little at that. The last several days he'd killed more people that he had in his life, most probably but had not yet had time to set in, given everything else that had happened. There was blood there already. He was supposed to be trained for this sort of thing, but he knew standing there watching it happen was not going to absolve him. Defenseless or not, sobbing for his mentor or not, Udella was right about the situation. And he was a confirmed Nephandus. He tilted his head at the man and asked, "Do you have any magick on you that are triggered in the event of you being injured? Or triggered by being killed?" he asked, before he answered Udella. If he said he said he was clear and she had no more questions, he gave her another small gesture of his hand - if she wanted to feel as if she had spared him some trauma, he would not take that from her. And perhaps she was right, jhor wasn't just for Euthanatos after all. But he would do it, if he had to. He had been expecting to all along and had committed to it in his mind to this point. It was a grim but necessary thing.

// Sorry that you're sick, Warp; hell of a cold season this year. Get well soon and have fun playing Zelda! Almost caught...up!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:05 pm

"Do you need a token, spoken word command or anything else to get through the mirror, other than the ones you told me for the wards?

"No...none, it is just like stepping in or out of the Umbra in any other place."
Tanner said and shook his head.

Are there any defenders positioned at this entryway? Are there any other defenses positioned in that area against intruders?

"No not around the area I used but there are guards in the hallways and they do patrol that area as well"
The Nephandus explained.

Are there traps between where we are and the mirror that need to be navigated by us?" Then he circled back to ask,

The young prisoner followed your movements with his eyes as you circled.
"The water spirit I talked about likes to linger in that area, other than that no."
He said and it seamed that he was truthful.

"The Jade Demon...did they get inside your Labyrinth?"

"No...not yet...not that I know at least, bloody asshole, him and his entire Household."
Tanner grumbled and added a few swears in the Nephandi language just for good measure to show just how much he liked the Jade Demon and his group.

He tilted his head at the man and asked, "Do you have any magick on you that are triggered in the event of you being injured? Or triggered by being killed?" he asked,

The Nephandus' eyes widened a little as he realized he would get killed, he made a bit of a strange cough as if he could not really decide if he was terrified of his approaching death or if he was relieved beyond words at not being taken in for a...worse fate, after a few moments he remembered your question though and shrugged.
"No...nothing relevant to you at least, I guess there is a change the wards on my room will go down other than that no, but my Mentor will be pissed...she will be far more pissed if I am...well you know...but she will not be happy to learn of my death either...I am a very useful apprentice."
He muttered proudly, though he still looked overwhelmed by both fear and relief at the same time and he had turned rather pasty and he was shaking.

If he said he said he was clear and she had no more questions, he gave her another small gesture of his hand - if she wanted to feel as if she had spared him some trauma, he would not take that from her. And perhaps she was right, jhor wasn't just for Euthanatos after all. But he would do it, if he had to. He had been expecting to all along and had committed to it in his mind to this point. It was a grim but necessary thing.

Udella nodded to you and stepped two steps towards the prisoner.
"I am afraid we can not let you live Mr Tanner but do not be afraid you will feel no pain...do you have any last words child?"
She asked and the Nephandus whimpered.
"I...well at least my Avatar will survive."
He muttered and swallowed hard. Udella nodded.
"Yes your soul will eventually infect a innocent child, but yes you can die with that comfort..."
She agreed and took a deep breath, her voice as she spoke to the scared prisoner where not unkind.
"So any last..."
"Yeah...yeah one thing, a favor really, I have a personal pawn Marco is his name, Marco Dell, he is a beautiful man, could you fuck up his face if you see him, using fire or acid or something. Marco have served me well and I would not want Abigail to turn her eyes to him when his master dies and he no longer have a purpose in the Labyrinth...he do not deserve to be the boss lady's plaything."
Tanner begged and Udella blinked a few timed.
"Ehm...well...we will try to make sure this Mr Dell do not become Abigail's toy...anything else Mr Tanner?"
She said and Tanner shook his head sadly and squeezed his eyes shut.
"N...no I suppose I am ready..."
He whispered and whimpered. Udella nodded again she motioned for you to move back then she begun to move her hands, you recognize the sigils your Mentor use for Ignem magick, and she muttered softly in Latin, and then...a white hot beam of fire flew from the old maga's hands and flooded over the captured Nephandus. Tanner never had the time to scream, there was no sounds other that the slight woosh of the fire heating the nearby air. Just as soon as the white flash had appeared it was gone and where Tanner had stood where no a white statue made of ash, he had been burned so fast he form as still there, a perfect silhouette that looked somewhat confused and then the statue of ash slowly collapsed and scattered into the mire, you doubt the Nephandus had felt any pain, he would have been dead before he knew he was hit.

Udella muttered a short prayer for the dead in Latin then looked up and made a shooing sound and said in Enochian.
"Yes I see you...poor thing go on now, perhaps your next life will be a happier one."
For a moment her brown eyes followed something you did not see then she turned towards you.
"Shall we go back Sodalis? The others are waiting for us."
She asked her eyes sad, she did not like to kill but sometime there where no other choice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:28 pm

"Hum...it might be easier for you to see the Umbra the way the Union do it as a place between dimensions rather than as a spirit world, for many using ships to travel the Umbra is a rewarding practice and it is certainly safer than doing so oneself, having someone to travel with as you say, a copilot or other crew might also be a good idea."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Well no matter how one choose to travel the Umbra it can be rewarding."
Colin shrugged, "Yes, I can understand the notion of multiple dimensions; that's not difficult in and of itself. Likely, it's the magical understanding of beings that's the impediment, really; I might have some sort of mental barrier against using magic to change people - by very liberal definitions of the word - even if it is for their own good... Travel, though, that's a concept I can wrap my head around."

"No I don't think she have realized that at all Mr Wainwright, I think Udella still blame herself for not being able to save her first client...such a case can be hard on a young girl, which she was back then...she have never realized her own importance."
The old archmage muttered and shook her head.
He smiled enigmatically, "I'd be happy to point her significance out to her, you know."

"Well most holy orders and religious text have some good parts in them, even if their followers often cast off the mysteries presented and rather use their religion as a way to gather power for themselves. But yes indeed, that saying is exactly what I was thinking of."
He frowned, "Quite; when piety and faith meet ambition and organization... that's when things start going south. And Christianity has had some seventeen centuries of organization to contend with, quite likely the strictest organizations of any faiths - there's a lot of tarnish. Still, there remain a few glimmers of hope for the faith; I must say that despite never having been Catholic, I do like the present Pope."

He scratched his cheek, staring into the empty air in the passage, "So, do you think Master Adimari and Mister Roth Hicks will be much longer?"

((OOC: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap is OMGWFTBBQSQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love you Zelda is pretty sweet, too. But oh! The nostalgia trip! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Colin shrugged, "Yes, I can understand the notion of multiple dimensions; that's not difficult in and of itself. Likely, it's the magical understanding of beings that's the impediment, really; I might have some sort of mental barrier against using magic to change people - by very liberal definitions of the word - even if it is for their own good... Travel, though, that's a concept I can wrap my head around."

"Well one thing it is wise to keep in mind Mr Wainwright is that very few practice all the...things that our grading system lumps into a sphere, we can sort of see some things as connected and so they fit it the same sphere, but there are many of a Verbena Adept and Master of Forces who never learns to use fire, instead calling it the Art of Wind, focusing almost exclusively on weather magick."
Crexia said.
"You could learn to manipulate the Umbra itself but not the spirits in it, though off course even if you can not affect them, they can still affect you which will leave you at a bit of a disadvantage, unless you completely disbelieve their existence, then they might not exist for you."

He smiled enigmatically, "I'd be happy to point her significance out to her, you know."

Crexia gave a warm smile.
"Well you are welcome to try, though Udella is a humble woman, I am not sure you can manage to convince her."

He frowned, "Quite; when piety and faith meet ambition and organization... that's when things start going south. And Christianity has had some seventeen centuries of organization to contend with, quite likely the strictest organizations of any faiths - there's a lot of tarnish. Still, there remain a few glimmers of hope for the faith; I must say that despite never having been Catholic, I do like the present Pope."

"Very true and we saw the same thing...well let us not get on that...this have always been the case is perhaps better to say, faith is a powerful thing, it can be used to reach enlightenment and wisdom, it inspire beauty and great works of art, but it can also be used to dominate and control..."
The Tytalus said then she frowned.
"Yes well at least he is better than the last one, who was a member of the Society of Leopold, if you have heard of the bastards."

He scratched his cheek, staring into the empty air in the passage, "So, do you think Master Adimari and Mister Roth Hicks will be much longer?"

Crexia glanced out into the Umbra again and shook her head.
"No...I do believe they are pretty much done with their prisoner from what I can feel out there, they should be coming right back."

(OOC: I am considering getting a Switch, I have not decided yet though but it sounds like you are having fun with it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm

"Well one thing it is wise to keep in mind Mr Wainwright is that very few practice all the...things that our grading system lumps into a sphere, we can sort of see some things as connected and so they fit it the same sphere, but there are many of a Verbena Adept and Master of Forces who never learns to use fire, instead calling it the Art of Wind, focusing almost exclusively on weather magick."
Crexia said.
"You could learn to manipulate the Umbra itself but not the spirits in it, though off course even if you can not affect them, they can still affect you which will leave you at a bit of a disadvantage, unless you completely disbelieve their existence, then they might not exist for you."
Colin nodded, "Well, if polite address won't work to my advantage, I suppose I'll have to rely on force of arms. As I understand it, spirits can be fought in the Umbra much like humans on Earth, so I might not be quite as disadvantaged just for want of the ability to directly manipulate a spirit as such... In fact, my inability to directly alter a spirit might even work to my advantage in negotiating in good faith. Seeing as I've actually conversed with a few spirits only this weekend, I'd be awfully hard pressed to disbelieve them, after all..."

Crexia gave a warm smile.
"Well you are welcome to try, though Udella is a humble woman, I am not sure you can manage to convince her."
He grinned, "I certainly won't manage if I don't try. Besides, who knows, my words seem to have some effect on her for some reason..."

"Very true and we saw the same thing...well let us not get on that...this have always been the case is perhaps better to say, faith is a powerful thing, it can be used to reach enlightenment and wisdom, it inspire beauty and great works of art, but it can also be used to dominate and control..."
The Tytalus said then she frowned.
"Yes well at least he is better than the last one, who was a member of the Society of Leopold, if you have heard of the bastards."
He nodded, then frowned, "Society of... Ah, vampire hunters, aren't they? I believe Mrs. Knox mentioned having a past affiliation with them. Can't say I approve much of what I've heard of their methods... or their goals. But I'm more of a live and let live mindset, in any case - but if even the Order of Hermes looks upon them with disdain, given the aligning objective, that really speaks volumes."

Crexia glanced out into the Umbra again and shook her head.
"No...I do believe they are pretty much done with their prisoner from what I can feel out there, they should be coming right back."
He nodded, and straighened his back, "Good... Let's hope they didn't find too much... trouble."
He squinted into the darkness, past where the edge of the Aegis had laid, "Once we reach the edge of the outer circle of the Labyrinth, I think I can try something rather violent with the fleshy walls. I realized that the structure is circular... and I can make use of that - boost my cleansing rote with Quintessence and flense the living, unholy tissue off the walls. Potentially."

((OOC: At this point, if you're still on the wall, I'd recommend waiting; it'll get slightly cheaper and more easily available as the immediate frenzy dies down and more units hit the market, and right now, the game library is still rather limited, mostly consisting of ported NeoGeo games. But there's a HUGE library of Indie games scheduled to come out over the course of the year. And Zelda and Wonder Boy are pretty darn schweet. :3 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, if polite address won't work to my advantage, I suppose I'll have to rely on force of arms. As I understand it, spirits can be fought in the Umbra much like humans on Earth, so I might not be quite as disadvantaged just for want of the ability to directly manipulate a spirit as such...

"Well yes and no, if you are on the same plane if you will as a spirit then it can be affected, but it is not exactly the same as affecting a Umbrood who have manifested, it gets rather complicated so you would be at an disadvantage, especially since more higher ranked spirits might then shift what plane of the umbra they are in and attack you from that while you can not affect them in return...the weapons of a ship are generally made to be able to take out spirits or at least harm them and chase them away though."
Crexia said.

In fact, my inability to directly alter a spirit might even work to my advantage in negotiating in good faith. Seeing as I've actually conversed with a few spirits only this weekend, I'd be awfully hard pressed to disbelieve them, after all..."

"For some spirits you inability to bind them to your will might make you more trustworthy in their eyes, however for the most part a spirit will not know what you can and can not do Mr Wainwright and they might not believe what you tell them. If you have spoken with Umbroods though disbelieving them might be hard indeed."

He grinned, "I certainly won't manage if I don't try. Besides, who knows, my words seem to have some effect on her for some reason..."

"Well yes Udella do seam to have...taken to you Mr Wainwright...I do wonder why though, she is usually a friendly woman but I do think she sees something...special in you."
The old archmage said with a knowing smile.
"Well no matter, like I said if you want to try to convince her of her importance you are welcome to try."

He nodded, then frowned, "Society of... Ah, vampire hunters, aren't they? I believe Mrs. Knox mentioned having a past affiliation with them. Can't say I approve much of what I've heard of their methods... or their goals. But I'm more of a live and let live mindset, in any case - but if even the Order of Hermes looks upon them with disdain, given the aligning objective, that really speaks volumes."

"Well they hunt...vampires yes, but they also hunt us as in mages or anything else supernatural. Often deaths at their hands are blamed on the Union, though sometimes a mage will just...vanish...something also often blamed on the Union or on Paradox...they are the Inquisition Mr Wainwright, or what is left of them, and make no mistake while most of them are sleepers, they are dangerous."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And as for their methods...well, let us just say you will not want to find yourself their prisoner."

He nodded, and straighened his back, "Good... Let's hope they didn't find too much... trouble."

"No I think they are fine...though things seam to have gotten grim, I seldom see Udella use her Mastery of Ignem to such a degree."
The Tytalus said and she sounded impressed.

He squinted into the darkness, past where the edge of the Aegis had laid, "Once we reach the edge of the outer circle of the Labyrinth, I think I can try something rather violent with the fleshy walls. I realized that the structure is circular... and I can make use of that - boost my cleansing rote with Quintessence and flense the living, unholy tissue off the walls. Potentially."

Crexia looked at you and nodded a grim look on her face.
"Well that do sound rather gruesome Mr Wainwright but it might just cause some harm to the Labyrinth inhabitants, hum...if you think you can pull it off and your rote will not affect our group then go for it."
She said and nodded approvingly.

(OOC:I will probably wait a bit yes and then we will see. Thank you for the advice.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next