Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 Empty Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 pm

(OOC: Well here is the new thread. Adley is with his Mentor moving towards the Labyrinth's kitchen. Nicole is in said kitchen having just helped keep her entire team alive. Colin is still talking with Dalisse and Brandon. Serge is helping Bratrice sleep an Tane is talking with some friendy werewolves in the woods.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:33 pm

((OOC: Brandong? Is he suddenly Korean? Razz ))

"I have never had it used on me but what you are saying, we have a member who where kept as Prelatus Jace's test subject until she agreed to enter the Caul, she have had massive headaches for months now and she had a small stroke though that where healed and she survived but she was on the serum for months and the Prelate said that these pills he have madethat heal you took far to long to work as if magick had problems healing her and while she survived she where hurt by it she sort of limps now."
Brandon said and frowned.
"Do you think my sister is ok she have had two doses?"
He asked sounding concerned.
Colin nodded, "Three days, three doses, that's the safety limit. After that, the Primium starts building up, becomes clots around the pineal gland... There is a way to treat it, though. But I'm afraid I can't share that, owing to confidentiality concerns. Your sister should be fine, so long as she's not given another two doses within, oh, a few years, I think... Not sure how long the period should be, but I would not want to risk anything..."

Brandon nodded at that.
"My Mentor says he is going to teach me how to shoot soon she have bought me a gun."
He told you.
He nodded, "I can give you a few pointers there, at least... Always assume a firearm is loaded, until you have checked. If at any time an unloaded weapon leaves your field of vision, assume it has been loaded in the meantime. Never point your firearm at anything you are not absolutely certain you want to destroy, and never have your finger inside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire... That's some of the basics of firearms safety - simple guidelines to prevent you from accidentally harming people around you..."

"I assume it was indeed, well I am glad your Avatar somehow survived even if you are the enemy."
Brandon said and smiled a little.
He smiled thinly, "The 'enemy'... I suppose I am, like any soldier of an enemy nation would be... But even so, an individual soldier can still see the humanity of the chap on the other side of the battlefield, in ways the generals and heads of state never can... There are many stories of soldiers from warring nations finding themselves sharing a shelter against a bombing run, or a hostile environment, only to walk away next morning and hope they won't face one another again..."

He heard his phone message sound and pulled it out to check the message before they were somewhere in the middle of battle. He glanced at his pater after he read it, looking a bit surprised and relieved. "My amicus...says to not to blow up parts of the ship, it reduces control over it..." He began to type back to Colin, succinct as possible given the circumstances: 'Y, not that I know
He skimmed the message and typed back, 'B was distraught from the loss; called me for help. Told her to ask for SY to ease her mind, kid's good at that.'
He sighed, "And so, it seems, Dr. Jace is captured or killed. I don't know which..."

((OOC: Yay, XP! And that translates to my investing in Correspondence 2! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Colin nodded, "Three days, three doses, that's the safety limit. After that, the Primium starts building up, becomes clots around the pineal gland... There is a way to treat it, though. But I'm afraid I can't share that, owing to confidentiality concerns. Your sister should be fine, so long as she's not given another two doses within, oh, a few years, I think... Not sure how long the period should be, but I would not want to risk anything..."

"I did not know there where any problems with the serum other than it looking like Haribo candy and I would not really want to inject that."
"I will let my Mentor know to be careful about my sister when I see her next."
He said and Dalisse spoke to you telepatically.
"Colin the woman Brandon mentioned...the one who the Prelate where experimenting on...she have been working rather closely with the Chief she might know at least something about the security measures, I did not consider it before the boy mentioned it but it might be worth the risk to contact her and tell her your group is going after Jace she hates the man with a passion she might be willing to cooperate but off course it is a risk to take."
The Handler said as she glanced at you.

He nodded, "I can give you a few pointers there, at least... Always assume a firearm is loaded, until you have checked. If at any time an unloaded weapon leaves your field of vision, assume it has been loaded in the meantime. Never point your firearm at anything you are not absolutely certain you want to destroy, and never have your finger inside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire... That's some of the basics of firearms safety - simple guidelines to prevent you from accidentally harming people around you..."

Brandon listened to what you where telling him and nodded.
"That seams like sound advice I will remember it thanks."
He said and smiled.

He smiled thinly, "The 'enemy'... I suppose I am, like any soldier of an enemy nation would be... But even so, an individual soldier can still see the humanity of the chap on the other side of the battlefield, in ways the generals and heads of state never can... There are many stories of soldiers from warring nations finding themselves sharing a shelter against a bombing run, or a hostile environment, only to walk away next morning and hope they won't face one another again..."

The young Nephandus nodded at that.
"Yeah I would not like to find myself facing you in battle Colin and not just because I think the chances are I would loose."
He said and sigh.
"I would not want to hurt you, but you are still a Traditionalist so if I had to..."
He said and looked down.
"Then I would have no choice."

He sighed, "And so, it seems, Dr. Jace is captured or killed. I don't know which..."

"Shit! That is not good!"
Brandon exclaimed. Dalisse simply nodded and said nothing.

(OOC: It apperars I am nto quite used to this keyboard yet.)
(OOC 2: Should I arange for some situation IC where Colin suddely make a realization when it comes to Correspondence...damn he have learned quite a bit the week on IC time we have been playing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:52 pm

"Yes I just...I felt a member of my Coven die not long ago...I knew we would have casualities in this fight but...well I will miss her..."
Beatrice said sadly then she sigh.
"Sorry to worry you Mr Yager."

"Oh...I see." Serge said sadly placing a hand on his stomach.

"I'm sorry for your lost. She sounded like a cool person. You know I felt something as well. My mentor was badly wounded in a fight."

"That is quite allright Mr Yager but you are right...I am tired..."
Beatrice muttered without opening her eyes.
"I...find it hard to...focus long...at the time..."

"That's OK. You've been through a lot. I can help you go to sleep if you want?" Serge said looking back down at the Disney princess cabal picture he had been drawing all this time.

"And I'll even leave this picture here for you, so that you have something funny to wake up to." he said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:59 pm

"Oh...I see." Serge said sadly placing a hand on his stomach.

"I'm sorry for your lost. She sounded like a cool person. You know I felt something as well. My mentor was badly wounded in a fight."

"Yeah...Raven was...cool she was a skilled blood witch and well actually my Mentor's lover."
She said and smiled sadly then she looked at you and sigh.
"I am sorry to hear that, are your Mentor going to be ok Mr Yager?"

"That's OK. You've been through a lot. I can help you go to sleep if you want?" Serge said looking back down at the Disney princess cabal picture he had been drawing all this time.

"And I'll even leave this picture here for you, so that you have something funny to wake up to." he said with a smile.

"Yes I would appriciate the aid Mr Yager."
Beatrice said softly.
"Thank you for the drawing, I am sure the others will find it funny as well."
She muttered still with her eyes closed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Anja's Post:

Another nod, then continued; keeping alert for more traps, Fallen or the Unexpected in equal measure.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Darrian's dog suddenly gave two barks and his master looked towards the door into the kitchen that your group had come from.
"Someone is coming and I think they are some of ours, Mundi acts as if he knows them."
The Alchemist said.
"Ever the less let us be cautious just to be sure."
He said and he lifted a potion in his hand ready to toss it as he looked at the door, several others following suit and prepearing weapons and aiming them at the door they had come in through just a little while earlier.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 pm

"Yeah...Raven was...cool she was a skilled blood witch and well actually my Mentor's lover."
She said and smiled sadly then she looked at you and sigh.
"I am sorry to hear that, are your Mentor going to be ok Mr Yager?"

"I....I dunno..." Serge said fearfully, gazing at the ground.

"But don't let my troubles worry you." he quickly added looking back up at Beatrice with a smile on his face not wanting to upset her further. "I'm sure she'll be fine."

"Yes I would appriciate the aid Mr Yager."
Beatrice said softly.
"Thank you for the drawing, I am sure the others will find it funny as well."
She muttered still with her eyes closed.

"I hope so." Serge said taking a look at the drawing and wondering how each person depicted would react to it. As he placed the finishing touches he began to speak in a slow calming voice.

"You know, I've always wanted to be in a Cabal. To have friends who cared about me. To be a part of a group. It would make me feel safe and important." Serge said starting to weave magick into his words. "No matter what horrors we might face it is always easier to face them alongside friends. That's always how it is in stories. The hero's always have friends by their sides. Knowing I had friends like that would...help me sleep at night."

As he talked he could feel the energy in the room helping him along. It felt more malleable and within it he could feel the minds of everyone around him. Like static on an old television screen, chaotic and always moving. He could touch them with greater ease shaping that chaos to however he desired.

He talked in a calming matter, reminding Beatrice of the wonderful things in her life while using magick to ease the horrors that she had experienced. He weaved and shaped her mind and made her feel calm, placing a subconscious desire to sleep within her brain and the emotions to make that sleep peaceful.

(OOC: Attempting a Mind 3 effect to place a subconscious desire to sleep within Beatrice as well as to ease her worries and give her a strong calming feeling to help make that sleep peaceful.

Arete Roll: 8, 1, 6 - 3, 10, 5 - 4, 5, 2

I'm not sure how many successes are needed but I think that's enough.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Anja's Post:

On this information, Nicole moves into position, but also makes sure it's one where she can keep an eye on the other door too. Just in case.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Serge:

"I....I dunno..." Serge said fearfully, gazing at the ground.

"But don't let my troubles worry you." he quickly added looking back up at Beatrice with a smile on his face not wanting to upset her further. "I'm sure she'll be fine."

"I do care about your troubles Mr Yager and I wish I could offer words of comfort but I really do not know much about what happened but I do hope that your Mentor will be ok."
The young Verbena said kindly.

"I hope so." Serge said taking a look at the drawing and wondering how each person depicted would react to it. As he placed the finishing touches he began to speak in a slow calming voice.

"You know, I've always wanted to be in a Cabal. To have friends who cared about me. To be a part of a group. It would make me feel safe and important." Serge said starting to weave magick into his words. "No matter what horrors we might face it is always easier to face them alongside friends. That's always how it is in stories. The hero's always have friends by their sides. Knowing I had friends like that would...help me sleep at night."

"Being in a Cabal is nice...I was so afraid I would loose them all when they...found out what I am...but they stayed by my side."
Beatrice muttered softly.
"You are a kind man Mr Yager I can put in a good word for you with my Cabal if you want..."

As he talked he could feel the energy in the room helping him along. It felt more malleable and within it he could feel the minds of everyone around him. Like static on an old television screen, chaotic and always moving. He could touch them with greater ease shaping that chaos to however he desired.

He talked in a calming matter, reminding Beatrice of the wonderful things in her life while using magick to ease the horrors that she had experienced. He weaved and shaped her mind and made her feel calm, placing a subconscious desire to sleep within her brain and the emotions to make that sleep peaceful.

This place was magick, the Node overflowed with it, beautiful, flowing and crystal clear and your spell flowed naturally and easilly. Beatrice's breath evened out and soon she lay still, only whimpering slightly in her sleep now and again, encased in a deep, healing sleep that at least for a little while would bring her comfort and let her be at ease, until she woke up again to face the horror of what she had experienced one more.

(OOC: That is more than enough.)

Nicole:

You heard the voice of Chief Morgan and Adley, it appeared it was the two Flambeau who had come to assist with whatever lay ahead for your group. For now the other door remained closed but who knew where the enemy could be found.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:09 pm

"I did not know there where any problems with the serum other than it looking like Haribo candy and I would not really want to inject that."
"I will let my Mentor know to be careful about my sister when I see her next."
He said and Dalisse spoke to you telepatically.
"Colin the woman Brandon mentioned...the one who the Prelate where experimenting on...she have been working rather closely with the Chief she might know at least something about the security measures, I did not consider it before the boy mentioned it but it might be worth the risk to contact her and tell her your group is going after Jace she hates the man with a passion she might be willing to cooperate but off course it is a risk to take."
The Handler said as she glanced at you.
Colin grimaced, "Yes, green, liquefied wine gum... it looks disgusting and feels worse... Most don't know about the problem, because relatively few people have been on the serum for extended periods of time without being executed later, and the bloody stuff doesn't show up on scans, unless... very particular methods are used."
He nodded to Dalisse and thought back, 'Excellent idea - let her know that I know a cure, and I am willing to exchange the necessary instructions for her cooperation.'

Brandon listened to what you where telling him and nodded.
"That seams like sound advice I will remember it thanks."
He said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "A gunman who doesn't know how to safely handle their weapon is a danger to everyone, friend or foe... The advice i gave you can only serve to protect others."

The young Nephandus nodded at that.
"Yeah I would not like to find myself facing you in battle Colin and not just because I think the chances are I would loose."
He said and sigh.
"I would not want to hurt you, but you are still a Traditionalist so if I had to..."
He said and looked down.
"Then I would have no choice."
He nodded, "Odds are, as far as I can tell, you might be able to injure me. And I would kill you. It would be regrettable, but that's the way it is in war... That's always how it's been in war... I would not take it personally."

"Shit! That is not good!"
Brandon exclaimed. Dalisse simply nodded and said nothing.
He nodded, "Not good for the Labyrinth, no... but the man is a monster. A very eloquent and polite monster, but what he has been doing to ghosts, spirits and people is nothing short of inexcusable... I might not mourn his passing, but I will see him off, all the same, if he is still alive..."

((OOC: Well, Colin's been doing broad research for a quarter century. This has been the sort of week where one should expect a lot of things to suddenly click after so many years of study... Razz Yeah, a flash of insight would be appropriate at some point. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:31 pm

Colin grimaced, "Yes, green, liquefied wine gum... it looks disgusting and feels worse... Most don't know about the problem, because relatively few people have been on the serum for extended periods of time without being executed later, and the bloody stuff doesn't show up on scans, unless... very particular methods are used."

"No it is more of a emergency measure if you do not have any other ways to bind someone's powers."
"Have you been dosed with the stuff Colin?"
He asked.

He nodded to Dalisse and thought back, 'Excellent idea - let her know that I know a cure, and I am willing to exchange the necessary instructions for her cooperation.'

Dalisse nodded at that and closed her eyes for a moment then she opened them again and said telepatically.
Dana want to know if your group will be able to take Jace down and if so if you will kill him?"

He smiled wryly, "A gunman who doesn't know how to safely handle their weapon is a danger to everyone, friend or foe... The advice i gave you can only serve to protect others."

"I see the wisdom in it yes...when I get my gun I will make sure to handle it responsibly."
Brandon promised.

He nodded, "Odds are, as far as I can tell, you might be able to injure me. And I would kill you. It would be regrettable, but that's the way it is in war... That's always how it's been in war... I would not take it personally."

"No I would not blame you for killing me we are at war after all but I would like to avoid it, and I would like to avoid hurting you as well."
The young Nephandus said and looked down.
"Let us hope that when all of this is over we never see one another again."

He nodded, "Not good for the Labyrinth, no... but the man is a monster. A very eloquent and polite monster, but what he has been doing to ghosts, spirits and people is nothing short of inexcusable... I might not mourn his passing, but I will see him off, all the same, if he is still alive..."

"Yeah I can not argue with that the Prelatus have always been nice to me, he is nice to the members of the Labyrinth but anyone else, yes he is a monster. Still he is damn powerful and not having him in this fight is a real problem and lowers our chances."
Brandon said and frowned deeply.
"Shit that only leaves my Mentor and the trap maker among the Prelati and Lady Dalisse I guess..."

(OOC: Indeed that do make sense and a flash of insight will be coming right up as soon as it fits with the narritive.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 pm

"No it is more of a emergency measure if you do not have any other ways to bind someone's powers."
"Have you been dosed with the stuff Colin?"
He asked.
Colin nodded, "Voluntarily, in fact, by my own hand. Though, ah, my Avatar was quite livid afterwards. But I needed to experience it for myself, and see about the immediate aftereffects regarding the Primium particles in the serum. It was remarkably painful, obviously, but... the insights gained were worth it."

Dalisse nodded at that and closed her eyes for a moment then she opened them again and said telepatically.
Dana want to know if your group will be able to take Jace down and if so if you will kill him?"
He smiled darkly, thinking back, 'They have a back door through his defenses, and I expect they will be able to capture him alive - if they haven't already. Not... without casualties, unfortunately, but hopefully, kept to a minimum...'

"I see the wisdom in it yes...when I get my gun I will make sure to handle it responsibly."
Brandon promised.
He nodded, "Good. Too many reckless individuals have shot themselves in the foot, buttock or thigh owing to careless handling of handguns..."

"No I would not blame you for killing me we are at war after all but I would like to avoid it, and I would like to avoid hurting you as well."
The young Nephandus said and looked down.
"Let us hope that when all of this is over we never see one another again."
He grinned, "Oh, you would love the fencing scene atop the Cliffs of Insanity in The Princess Bride..."

"Yeah I can not argue with that the Prelatus have always been nice to me, he is nice to the members of the Labyrinth but anyone else, yes he is a monster. Still he is damn powerful and not having him in this fight is a real problem and lowers our chances."
Brandon said and frowned deeply.
"Shit that only leaves my Mentor and the trap maker among the Prelati and Lady Dalisse I guess..."
He nodded, "And Larson herself... she's the primary target, of course. Though I don't know whether we'll get her before the Aswadim does..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:03 pm

"I do care about your troubles Mr Yager and I wish I could offer words of comfort but I really do not know much about what happened but I do hope that your Mentor will be ok."
The young Verbena said kindly.

"Thank you." Serge said and simply nodded not wanting to prolong the talk of their fallen allies and friends.

"Being in a Cabal is nice...I was so afraid I would loose them all when they...found out what I am...but they stayed by my side."
Beatrice muttered softly.
"You are a kind man Mr Yager I can put in a good word for you with my Cabal if you want..."

"That...would be nice. You guys are all such amazing mages and people. I wish I could be as cool as you guys. I mean I doubt I could ever reach your guy's level. Tane has a giant shark sword!" Serge said with a chuckle.

"And Bruce over their looks like he could eat me if he wanted to." he said with a smile hoping to make Beatrice's last few conscious moments somewhat enjoyable.

This place was magick, the Node overflowed with it, beautiful, flowing and crystal clear and your spell flowed naturally and easilly. Beatrice's breath evened out and soon she lay still, only whimpering slightly in her sleep now and again, encased in a deep, healing sleep that at least for a little while would bring her comfort and let her be at ease, until she woke up again to face the horror of what she had experienced one more.

With a sigh, Serge took the picture out of his sketchbook and placed it neatly within the node room. He made sure to place it somewhere where Beatrice could see it when she awoke.

"She should be asleep for a good while now." he said to Bruce and Tobias.

"This place is amazing. I kinda just wanna chill here for a bit. But I have some other things I need to take care of. I hope I was able to help. Is their anything else you guys need before I leave?"

(OOC: Would standing next to the Node talking to Beatrice and drawing be enough to refill Serge's quintessence pool or does Serge have to actively be meditating next to it and drawing in it's power?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:21 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Voluntarily, in fact, by my own hand. Though, ah, my Avatar was quite livid afterwards. But I needed to experience it for myself, and see about the immediate aftereffects regarding the Primium particles in the serum. It was remarkably painful, obviously, but... the insights gained were worth it."

"The serum hurts to? Shit well I am even more determined to to experience it first hand now."
Brandon grumbeled.
"It must also be scary to be kept from one's magick I have never experienced that since I Awakened, not even when I was in Quiet."

He smiled darkly, thinking back, 'They have a back door through his defenses, and I expect they will be able to capture him alive - if they haven't already. Not... without casualties, unfortunately, but hopefully, kept to a minimum...'

Dalisse nodded and closed her eyes for a while then she opened them again and said telepatically.
"Dana says that if the Traditions can get rid of Wallace Jace for her she is willing to cooperate, she asks if you want her to come here or talk trough me."

He nodded, "Good. Too many reckless individuals have shot themselves in the foot, buttock or thigh owing to careless handling of handguns..."

"Yeah...I hope to avoid that."
Brandon said and grinned.

He grinned, "Oh, you would love the fencing scene atop the Cliffs of Insanity in The Princess Bride..."

The boy looked rather confused.
"I am afraid I do not understand the refrence Colin is that a movie or something?"

He nodded, "And Larson herself... she's the primary target, of course. Though I don't know whether we'll get her before the Aswadim does..."

"Yes off course but she is the Gilledian not a Prelatus that is why I did not list her with them."
Brandon said and Dalisse snorted at that.
"If the Aswadim where going to get Lady Larson he already would have, he is unlikely to move against her directly."
Brandon said ignoring Dalisse's huff.

Serge:

"Thank you." Serge said and simply nodded not wanting to prolong the talk of their fallen allies and friends.

Beatrice looked at you for a while with sad eyes but she said nothing further on the matter.

"That...would be nice. You guys are all such amazing mages and people. I wish I could be as cool as you guys. I mean I doubt I could ever reach your guy's level. Tane has a giant shark sword!" Serge said with a chuckle.

"And you can make pepole see bees and lighten someone's mental problems Mr Yager I think that is pretty cool please do not sell yourself short."
Beatrice said softly but she smiled a little.
"Yes Tane's sword is certinly impressive."

"And Bruce over their looks like he could eat me if he wanted to." he said hoping to make Beatrice's last few conscious moments somewhat enjoyable.

Beatrice gave you and amused smile before she fell aslee. Bruce looked at you and raised an eyebrow but he did not comment on it.

With a sigh, Serge took the picture out of his sketchbook and placed it neatly within the node room. He made sure to place it somewhere where Beatrice could see it when she awoke.

"She should be asleep for a good while now." he said to Bruce and Tobias.

"Good...thank you Mr Yager."
Bruce grunted. Tobias gave you a tired smile.
"That is impressive Sir."
The young mage whispered.

"This place is amazing. I kinda just wanna chill here for a bit. But I have some other things I need to take care of. I hope I was able to help. Is their anything else you guys need before I leave?"

"No we should be fine, with Tobias he is not as badly hurt as Bee and he mostly just needs rest so he I can take care of...thank you for your help at least my Cabalmate is resting now."
Bruce said and nodded.
"And yeah the Node is pretty neat."

(OOC: I would say drawing is meditation for Serge but I think he have to conciously decide to do it to refill his Avatar, Meditation can be allot of things but I would say that drawing and talking is not enough he have to sit down and meditate or draw for the purpose of refilling his Quintessence.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:54 pm

"The serum hurts to? Shit well I am even more determined to to experience it first hand now."
Brandon grumbeled.
"It must also be scary to be kept from one's magick I have never experienced that since I Awakened, not even when I was in Quiet."
Colin shrugged, "A human muscle can accomodate about 2ccs of liquid injected into it before it takes a bit of damage from the stretching. The serum is dosed at 3ccs. That's the worst of the pain. There's a bit of a headache for some, as well as a rather nasty itch and some nausea, but the pain in the muscle is the worst, I think. As for being kept from one's magic... that's a bit circumstantial. Walking into, say, a cell with magic-inhibiting properties when you are going in willingly to interrogate a prisoner, for example, is... not entirely unpleasant. So long as you are in full control of your stay there, of course. It's like being able to step into a soundproofed room, where for the first time in ages you hear no other thoughts or voices than your own."

Dalisse nodded and closed her eyes for a while then she opened them again and said telepatically.
"Dana says that if the Traditions can get rid of Wallace Jace for her she is willing to cooperate, she asks if you want her to come here or talk trough me."
He nodded, thinking back, 'By relay is fine with me - might make Brandon less suspicious, too... I have every confidence that Jace is either already dealt with, or will be within a matter of minutes. So can do.'

The boy looked rather confused.
"I am afraid I do not understand the refrence Colin is that a movie or something?"
He nodded, "Yes, a movie, and a book. It's a magnificent adventurous romp, the movie that launched a thousand tropes... Look it up; you just might get a few chuckles out of it."

"Yes off course but she is the Gilledian not a Prelatus that is why I did not list her with them."
Brandon said and Dalisse snorted at that.
"If the Aswadim where going to get Lady Larson he already would have, he is unlikely to move against her directly."
Brandon said ignoring Dalisse's huff.
He nodded, "True enough, the Aswadim would already have acted directly if he intended to... he just might settle for grabbing a bucket of popcorn and watching things unfold."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:17 am

"I am not sure either mea filus so I will keep the smoke from the fire contained." Jeffry said

"Good idea."

"That will be the direction we go then mea filius and we can hope we can encounter some of the others along the way." The old Hermetic said as he headed towards the left door, again you found yourself, if you follow his example, in a long corridor with two bone doors in the end of it, from that direction you heard talking, you recognized Nicole's voice and Antonio's and you heard Mundi bark, the big black dog probably heard you and your Mentor in the hallway next to the room he was in. Jeffry smiled a little at this. "Well there are some of ours at least."

He gave a small smile back. The dog had announced their arrival to them so probably they wouldn't be surprised. "Good, we can regroup."

Jeffry raised and eyebrow but then he just nodded. "Understood, I am glad the man is safe." Before he headed further down the hallway towards the kitchen.

He nodded at that but he looked back to his phone as it plinged again.

He skimmed the message and typed back, 'B was distraught from the loss; called me for help. Told her to ask for SY to ease her mind, kid's good at that.'

He frowned a bit at the news about Bee's upset but at least it seemed she got help. Nodding more to himself than anyone he put the phone away again and went to follow his pater to catch up with the others. "Does it look clear, sir?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:37 am

"And you can make pepole see bees and lighten someone's mental problems Mr Yager I think that is pretty cool please do not sell yourself short."
Beatrice said softly but she smiled a little.
"Yes Tane's sword is certinly impressive."

"It's still not a sword made out of the teeth's of sharks." Serge muttered sounding like a child who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas before smiling and saying, "But yeah. I won't lie, bee magick is pretty cool as well."

"Good...thank you Mr Yager."
Bruce grunted. Tobias gave you a tired smile.
"That is impressive Sir."
The young mage whispered.
"No we should be fine, with Tobias he is not as badly hurt as Bee and he mostly just needs rest so he I can take care of...thank you for your help at least my Cabalmate is resting now."
Bruce said and nodded.
"And yeah the Node is pretty neat."

"It's no problem. I have to make myself useful somehow. And I enjoy making new friends and meeting new people." Serge responded to Bruce.

After hearing Bruce mentioning that Tobias was hurt, Serge glanced at Tobias with a curious look. "Are you alright? Sorry I don't mean to pry but you sound just as tired as Beatrice."

(OOC: Yeah that's what I thought as well. Well Serge isn't going to get attacked anytime soon so I think I can hold off on refilling quintessence. Plus if he doesn't hurry he'll miss out on the pizza Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:56 am

Serge:

"It's still not a sword made out of the teeth's of sharks." Serge muttered sounding like a child who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas before smiling and saying, "But yeah. I won't lie, bee magick is pretty cool as well."

"Your illusions can be far more practical Mr Yager."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"Beside the coolest thing about Tane is not his sword...it is his song...he can sing Avatars into manifestation, well at least into showing themselves outside of their host, that is amazing."
She muttered softly.

"It's no problem. I have to make myself useful somehow. And I enjoy making new friends and meeting new people." Serge responded to Bruce.

Bruce nodded to this and grunted.

After hearing Bruce mentioning that Tobias was hurt, Serge glanced at Tobias with a curious look. "Are you alright? Sorry I don't mean to pry but you sound just as tired as Beatrice."

"I am...ok..."
Tobias said weakly.
"You could...say I am...recovering from surgery...Master Telar and...Mr Karyak saved my...is it Avatar you call it...the voice inside of me...and it hurt...it hurt allot...but they say I will recover now...I will be fine."
The young mage said and he managed a weak smile.

Adley:

He gave a small smile back. The dog had announced their arrival to them so probably they wouldn't be surprised. "Good, we can regroup."

"Yes let us meet up with the others, careful now they are likely to be jumpy let us try not to get shot by our own team."
Jeffry said as he headed towards the kitchen.

He frowned a bit at the news about Bee's upset but at least it seemed she got help. Nodding more to himself than anyone he put the phone away again and went to follow his pater to catch up with the others. "Does it look clear, sir?" he asked.

"I do indeed."
Jeffry said as he entered the kitchen, there you saw a group consisting of Nicole, Darrian, Mundi, Antonio, Fransensca and Ty as well as several magi from nearby Chantries, you saw Thorn the Verbena who had been saved from head injuries at the Embra port and Ravenblood's young apprentice Violet there, both looking sad and harrowed, you also recognized Frencis Better another member of your own House, you did not know him well but you had met him, though there where a few others as well that you had seen at Tribunal meetings but not oficcially met.

Darrian was holding a bottle of something ready to toss it but he put it away when he saw the two of you.
"It is good to see you."
He said as he bowed to Jeffry. Mundi ran over to you and wagged his tail happily.
"I assume the destruction at the entrance where your work?"
Jeffry asked and Darrian nodded.
"We met a bit of resistence Sir."

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "A human muscle can accomodate about 2ccs of liquid injected into it before it takes a bit of damage from the stretching. The serum is dosed at 3ccs. That's the worst of the pain. There's a bit of a headache for some, as well as a rather nasty itch and some nausea, but the pain in the muscle is the worst, I think.

"Shit...my sister said it felt like those really old antibeotics that they only use now if someone have an infection that is really hard to treat, with to thick liquid it was to much of, I do think I will try to avoid that yes."
Brandon muttered.

[quoteAs for being kept from one's magic... that's a bit circumstantial. Walking into, say, a cell with magic-inhibiting properties when you are going in willingly to interrogate a prisoner, for example, is... not entirely unpleasant. So long as you are in full control of your stay there, of course. It's like being able to step into a soundproofed room, where for the first time in ages you hear no other thoughts or voices than your own."][/quote]

"It still sounds scary to me but I guess you are right that if you are in control of it yourself it is less terrifying."
Brandon said and nodded then he sigh.
"I guess I am going to have to ask my Mentor to hold my powers at some point so I know what it feels like so I will not freak out if it happens in a fight."
He said and he sounded like he really, really did not want to do just that.

He nodded, thinking back, 'By relay is fine with me - might make Brandon less suspicious, too... I have every confidence that Jace is either already dealt with, or will be within a matter of minutes. So can do.'

The Handler nodded and closed her eyes then after a while she says.
"Dana in addition to some rather graphic wishes as to the Prelate's fate says that she have helped with two security measures but there could be others, one is a group of Umbrood under the command of a captured Elemental, they will prowl the hallways and attack the intruders...the other security measure is worse, it is one of the vampires, she is forever pregnant with a swarm of insects that she have released, this is usually bad enough but with this vampire the insects have been modified with magick, they will with a bite transfer a illness that kills in minutes, not to mention if enough of them get to you they will drain the life out of you and there are thosands and thosands of them in the swarm, this will have been released into the hallways as well, she says that killing the mother will stop any direction of the swarm though and it will likely satter but she do not know where the vampiress is located."
Dalisse said telepatically then she added.
"I did notice the Umbrood leaving the wall she have been imprisoned in but I did not think anything of it, sorry I should have told you Colin."

He nodded, "Yes, a movie, and a book. It's a magnificent adventurous romp, the movie that launched a thousand tropes... Look it up; you just might get a few chuckles out of it."

"Sure I will do that."
Brandon agreed.
"I think I might have the book in here."
Dalisse commented.

He nodded, "True enough, the Aswadim would already have acted directly if he intended to... he just might settle for grabbing a bucket of popcorn and watching things unfold."

"Yes that is what I suspect as well."
Brandon said then he added.
"Damn I wish I could see him...he must be so powerful."

(OOC: Buahahaha the Pizza is all gone. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 am

"Your illusions can be far more practical Mr Yager."
Beatrice said and she smiled a little.
"Beside the coolest thing about Tane is not his sword...it is his song...he can sing Avatars into manifestation, well at least into showing themselves outside of their host, that is amazing."
She muttered softly.

"Really? I didn't know about that." Serge said in an interested voice.

"Wow. That's some singing power he's got there. Damn, I hope he uses that trick on me. I wanna know what my Avatar looks like..." Serge said longingly clutching at his chest as if his Avatar was dormant within. As powerful as Serge's avatar was, it had always been fickle with showing Serge it's true form.

"I am...ok..."
Tobias said weakly.
"You could...say I am...recovering from surgery...Master Telar and...Mr Karyak saved my...is it Avatar you call it...the voice inside of me...and it hurt...it hurt allot...but they say I will recover now...I will be fine."
The young mage said and he managed a weak smile.

"I'll take your word for it. I'm glad your all right. I hope you get better soon." Serge said returning the smile.

"If you guys ever need my help again just give me a call. I'm always glad to lend a hand." Serge said giving his final goodbyes.

Taking one last look at the Disney Princess cabal picture that he had left for Beatrice, Serge left the node room making his way back to Rosa's room. He was in a slightly better mood after helping the blood witch, although hearing about Beatrice's lose only increased his own worried about his mentor.

(OOC: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sad   )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 am

"Shit...my sister said it felt like those really old antibeotics that they only use now if someone have an infection that is really hard to treat, with to thick liquid it was to much of, I do think I will try to avoid that yes."
Brandon muttered.
Colin nodded, "Yes, it might be efficient to restrain a Mage like that, but there are... preferable alternatives, like warded rooms and enchanted handcuffs..."

"It still sounds scary to me but I guess you are right that if you are in control of it yourself it is less terrifying."
Brandon said and nodded then he sigh.
"I guess I am going to have to ask my Mentor to hold my powers at some point so I know what it feels like so I will not freak out if it happens in a fight."
He said and he sounded like he really, really did not want to do just that.
He nodded, "If you could get a pair of suppressant handcuffs, that might make it a little less scary. Just remember to get the key. Slapping both cuffs on the same wrist does the trick, and if you are free to unlock them at your own leisure, that's probably going to be the least frightening method of conditioning yourself."

The Handler nodded and closed her eyes then after a while she says.
"Dana in addition to some rather graphic wishes as to the Prelate's fate says that she have helped with two security measures but there could be others, one is a group of Umbrood under the command of a captured Elemental, they will prowl the hallways and attack the intruders...the other security measure is worse, it is one of the vampires, she is forever pregnant with a swarm of insects that she have released, this is usually bad enough but with this vampire the insects have been modified with magick, they will with a bite transfer a illness that kills in minutes, not to mention if enough of them get to you they will drain the life out of you and there are thosands and thosands of them in the swarm, this will have been released into the hallways as well, she says that killing the mother will stop any direction of the swarm though and it will likely satter but she do not know where the vampiress is located."
Dalisse said telepatically then she added.
"I did notice the Umbrood leaving the wall she have been imprisoned in but I did not think anything of it, sorry I should have told you Colin."
He frowned and picked up his phone again, quickly typing a message to Darrian and Morgan, 'Just learned of two additional defenses - group of umbroods led by captured elemental, prowling the hallways, and swarm of deadly insects spawned by a vampire. Insects transmit disease, kills in minutes - stay vigilant.'
He nodded to Dalisse, replying in thought with the mental image of the brain scans he'd seen, past and future, 'Alright, warning sent... there may be some more fire in the hallways now, I'm afraid, when the insects show themselves... Tell Dana that to cure her Primium build-up in the brain, she needs to carefully inject a few drops of Hermetic lich blood into her spinal fluid - unfortunately, that will render her slightly undead where that lumbar puncture is performed, so it will render her immune to local anesthesia. That will slowly release the Primium back into her system and allow her to flush it out over time - several treatments likely necessary. And tell her to make her escape now... with my thanks.'

"Sure I will do that."
Brandon agreed.
"I think I might have the book in here."
Dalisse commented.
He grinned and strolled over to the bookshelf, looking for the book in question, "That would make it a little quicker, yes... There are a few differences between the book and the film, of course, but both are brilliant..."

"Yes that is what I suspect as well."
Brandon said then he added.
"Damn I wish I could see him...he must be so powerful."
He smiled thinly, "Who knows? He might decide to linger to grant you an audience after everyone else has left..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 am

Serge:

"Really? I didn't know about that." Serge said in an interested voice.

"Wow. That's some singing power he's got there. Damn, I hope he uses that trick on me. I wanna know what my Avatar looks like..." Serge said longingly clutching at his chest as if his Avatar was dormant within. As powerful as Serge's avatar was, it had always been fickle with showing Serge it's true form.

"It is quite impressive Mr Yager and I am sure Tane would be willing to do so, just be sure that is what you really want before you ask him, often our souls have little desire to be seen and especially not by others, and we have to trust they know how to behave in order to best guide us."
Beatrice said softly.

"I'll take your word for it. I'm glad your all right. I hope you get better soon." Serge said returning the smile.

"Thank you Sir."
Tobias said with a tired smile.

"If you guys ever need my help again just give me a call. I'm always glad to lend a hand." Serge said giving his final goodbyes.

Bruce just grunted at that and nodded.

Taking one last look at the Disney Princess cabal picture that he had left for Beatrice, Serge left the node room making his way back to Rosa's room. He was in a slightly better mood after helping the blood witch, although hearing about Beatrice's lose only increased his own worried about his mentor.

You get back up to Rosa's room, the girls sat around the table eating ice cream. Rosa stood when she saw you and walked over to you, she had a serious look in her eyes.
"Cousin did all go well?"
She asked then she whispered to you.
"You have been summoned up to the attic, your Mentor are there being treated by Dr Lee and Dr Wong, she is alive but badly injured but she have asked for you."
She said softly not to scare the girls.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Yes, it might be efficient to restrain a Mage like that, but there are... preferable alternatives, like warded rooms and enchanted handcuffs..."

Brandon nodded at that.
"Yeah that at least would not hurt..."

He nodded, "If you could get a pair of suppressant handcuffs, that might make it a little less scary. Just remember to get the key. Slapping both cuffs on the same wrist does the trick, and if you are free to unlock them at your own leisure, that's probably going to be the least frightening method of conditioning yourself."

"That is pretty smart actually. I will ask my Mentor to borrow a pair it is still scary but far less scary when I myself have control over it."
The young mage said and he nodded in agreement.

He nodded to Dalisse, replying in thought with the mental image of the brain scans he'd seen, past and future, 'Alright, warning sent... there may be some more fire in the hallways now, I'm afraid, when the insects show themselves...

"That is understandable and I am no stranger to pain."
The Handler said softly she looked nervous but accepting.

Tell Dana that to cure her Primium build-up in the brain, she needs to carefully inject a few drops of Hermetic lich blood into her spinal fluid - unfortunately, that will render her slightly undead where that lumbar puncture is performed, so it will render her immune to local anesthesia. That will slowly release the Primium back into her system and allow her to flush it out over time - several treatments likely necessary. And tell her to make her escape now... with my thanks.'

Dalisse nodded and closed her eyes after a while she spoke telepatically to you again.
"I have sent Dana the image of the scan you sent me and the information, she says thank you and is moving to make her escape, she asks if there is anything else you want to know before she leaves."

He grinned and strolled over to the bookshelf, looking for the book in question, "That would make it a little quicker, yes... There are a few differences between the book and the film, of course, but both are brilliant..."

There where thosands and thosands of books, fantasy, hirstory, books on magick, books on plants, science....just about any topic but eventually you did find the book in question a nice, well read hardcover copy.

He smiled thinly, "Who knows? He might decide to linger to grant you an audience after everyone else has left..."

"That would be so awsome so...so awsome I would love to meet an Aswadim."
Brandon said happily.

Adley and Nicole:

He frowned and picked up his phone again, quickly typing a message to Darrian and Morgan, 'Just learned of two additional defenses - group of umbroods led by captured elemental, prowling the hallways, and swarm of deadly insects spawned by a vampire. Insects transmit disease, kills in minutes - stay vigilant.'

The phones of Jeffry and Darrian made the message sound and both of the Masters of the Art pulled their phones out and looked at what was written and both swore in Latin. Jeffry handed his hope to his apprentice so he could read the message while Darrian said.
"A group of spirits will be coming at us lead by a ceptured Elemental and a vampire have apperantly spawned a deadly swarm of insects who can kill in minutes...that is probably the buzzing we heard earlier...dammit...I guess it was good we did not open that door."
The Alchemist commented and he glanced over at Nicole for a moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:36 am

"That is pretty smart actually. I will ask my Mentor to borrow a pair it is still scary but far less scary when I myself have control over it."
The young mage said and he nodded in agreement.
Colin smiled thinly, "Just make sure you get the key, too... A bit embarrassing if you forget."

Dalisse nodded and closed her eyes after a while she spoke telepatically to you again.
"I have sent Dana the image of the scan you sent me and the information, she says thank you and is moving to make her escape, she asks if there is anything else you want to know before she leaves."
He pondered for a moment, looking at his phone, then thought back, 'If she can think of any concrete way to counter those defenses - something to pinpoint the vampire or release the elemental from the Labyrinth? Anything further to help overcome the defenses here? Aside from that, nothing springs to mind...'

There where thosands and thosands of books, fantasy, hirstory, books on magick, books on plants, science....just about any topic but eventually you did find the book in question a nice, well read hardcover copy.
He whistled softly as he picked down the book, "Hardcover, even... I do believe that's a rare edition - it's mostly been released in paperback, to my knowledge..."
He opened the book carefully on the title page, "Ah, here we are... The Princess Bride, S. Morgenstern's classic tale of true love and high adventure... The 'good parts' version abridged by William Goldman. Which is a very clever joke throughout the book, since the Florinese original never existed in the first place..."
He brought the book over to the others, gesturing it toward Brandon, "By your leave, milady?"

"That would be so awsome so...so awsome I would love to meet an Aswadim."
Brandon said happily.
He smiled thinly, "While I understand your enthusiasm, I hope you can understand my equally much not wanting to meet one..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:43 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Just make sure you get the key, too... A bit embarrassing if you forget."

"Yeah that...would not be good, making sure I get the key as well...check."
Brandon said with a wry grin.

He pondered for a moment, looking at his phone, then thought back, 'If she can think of any concrete way to counter those defenses - something to pinpoint the vampire or release the elemental from the Labyrinth? Anything further to help overcome the defenses here? Aside from that, nothing springs to mind...'

Dalisse nodded and closed her eyes again then after a while she said telepatically.
"Dana says that the vampiress at times hide in the Tass storage chamber as any mage snooping around would be unlikely to sense her beside the strong energies of the Tass, which is clever enough, as for the Umbrood she is bound by her true name which only Larson knows."

He whistled softly as he picked down the book, "Hardcover, even... I do believe that's a rare edition - it's mostly been released in paperback, to my knowledge..."
He opened the book carefully on the title page, "Ah, here we are... The Princess Bride, S. Morgenstern's classic tale of true love and high adventure... The 'good parts' version abridged by William Goldman. Which is a very clever joke throughout the book, since the Florinese original never existed in the first place..."
He brought the book over to the others, gesturing it toward Brandon, "By your leave, milady?"

"The book was a gift from Larson as well when she wanted another room added to her chambers, I guess she found a nice copy of it."
The Handler said and smiled then she nodded.
"Off course Colin books want to be read and it might give our young friend here something else to think about than the danger his Mentor and siblings are in."
She said and smiled. Brandon smiled a little.
"It looks like a good book."

He smiled thinly, "While I understand your enthusiasm, I hope you can understand my equally much not wanting to meet one..."

"Yeah I understand that, but you would have been exited to meet a non Nephandic Oracle right...all that power and wisdom."
Brandon said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Dalisse nodded and closed her eyes again then after a while she said telepatically.
"Dana says that the vampiress at times hide in the Tass storage chamber as any mage snooping around would be unlikely to sense her beside the strong energies of the Tass, which is clever enough, as for the Umbrood she is bound by her true name which only Larson knows."
Colin nodded and thought back, 'The vampiress is clever... but if she hides there, we can eliminate her and the Tass in one fell swoop... As for the Umbrood, that was to be expected, I guess...'

"The book was a gift from Larson as well when she wanted another room added to her chambers, I guess she found a nice copy of it."
The Handler said and smiled then she nodded.
"Off course Colin books want to be read and it might give our young friend here something else to think about than the danger his Mentor and siblings are in."
She said and smiled. Brandon smiled a little.
"It looks like a good book."
He smiled as he handed the book to Brandon, "Larson obviously put some thought into her gift, then. Understandable; it was a good quid pro quo. It's a great book - one of those that end up referenced or outright copied from by countless later authors and screenwriters... "

"Yeah I understand that, but you would have been exited to meet a non Nephandic Oracle right...all that power and wisdom."
Brandon said and smiled.
He grinned, "I would probably be too starstruck to be excited. I know one who is about to become a Postulant any day now - if it were he who revealed himself as an Oracle, I would be delighted and probably a bit terrified, knowing that he'd have an extremely pressing reason for contacting me."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next