Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 16 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 4:14 am

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Steel and stone work, as well. And we are Magi; if we want to build a bridge of wind, we could do so, and it seems to me a great number of Magi - not pointing fingers at any one Tradition, of course - have that in ample supply."

Leon gave a small grin.
"Well yes I guess some do, then again some might have good reason for it as well, but you are right a bridge could be stone or steel...or wind for that matter."

He nodded, "I expect anyone could've done the same if they caught the link in time, though.

"Perhaps but sometimes it is not about what everyone could do but more about what one person did do."
Crexia said with a small acknowledging smile.

He shrugged, mentally sending a moment of frustration at Mia's choice of words, "I trust her assessment. As for the terminology, I suppose she must've picked it up in a previous incarnation. She might have been Solificati, or very close to one, for all i know.

Your Avatar felt a bit apologetic, but not much, you saw her as Mia, the last host of her largest fragment, so to you, that is the personification she appear as, your next incarnation might see her differently, after all Mia de Napoli was long dead, but as her form was a convenient way to see your soul it is the way she appeared, including the words and ways of the long dead woman.
"I guess it is not that unusual a term...I mean many think the Avatar is or is connected to the Crown Chakra if you are into that sort of thing."
Leon muttered nervously.

With a bit of gentle care, perhaps a bit of rest in a good Node, he should be up in almost no time... though my understanding of the sort of injury stems from being on the receiving end of such rather than treating others."

Leon seamed to be assured by that.
"Yeah...I will take care of him...make sure he gets rest, anything as long as he recovers..."
He muttered and you got the impression the Jerbiton would be quite lost without his brother. Udella nodded and replied to you both.
"Like Mr W says, your brother will be fine, he will need rest for such an experience is draining, and access to a Node would be a boon, but his magick will not be affected, once he feels a little better he can cast spells all he want, though just like with a massive Paradox backlash or gain doing so might hurt a bit for a while."
She said softly and patted James comfortingly on the hand.

He gave Udella a small smile, "Hopefully, the pain won't leave lasting trauma - in any case, we need to shelter him for a bit right now."

"I know a guy...from my House, I mean Jerbiton is so small I know all the mages in my house...but this person he have had a pretty bad injury to his Avatar and he is rather messed up over it I mean he...wake up screaming every night, he is not the easiest to be roomed with during Tribunal meetings and the like, and he hate beds it seam for he hides under them or in closets or well, we might find hum anywhere come morning."
Leon muttered nervously as he tried to keep an eye on the unblocked door.
"I do not think your brother's reaction will be that bad but yes this is traumatic and there might be psychological effects of that, but it can be dealt with. Like Mr W said we need to shelter him for now and I will see what I can do for him."
The old woman said, she took a small bag of white pearls, uneven and bumpy and quite natural looking from her belt pouch and took two of them and put the rest back in her belt then she begun to wave her hands in elegant sigils over James, the two peals slowly dissolving.
"Laese animae, ut lumen in panibus, et restituet te in deum!"
She said her voice soft but firm. James slowly calmed, at least a little as the Quesitor worked, he was still clearly in pain, sweat covered his now ash pale skin, but the trashing stopped and the screams lessened to pained moans and sore whimpers.
"T...thank you..."
He managed weakly.

Tane:

AH, i come to deliver a message to this fine sir. And well, i thought it would be nice to come say hello. he replied gently, signiing to Tobias' friend. Now, facing the vampire, he spoke again. I come bearing good news. Tobias' fine. He's weak, though, having gone through a surgical procedure in his soul, but after this, he's fine and will live. He'll always be addicted to vampire blood, even if he reincarnates,
but his soul will no longer be consumed.

The vampire, Dennis Lenoe you remember his name is, looked at you as best he could, he was not able to turn his head but he could move his eyes, as you spoke a look of relief could be seen in those eyes and a slight rasping sound came from him.
"Thank..y..."
The words where barely audible and it seamed it took all of the small man's strength to be able to force them out and the effort clearly pained him.
"Shh, easy Mr Lenoe, easy do not try to talk...easy..."
Henrietta said and very gently she touched the creature's hand to try to settle him down.

I suspect that, when he's recovered, you will be able to see him again. After that, he'll be taken to a mentor of our kind on a location where no vampire can come near him, and i belive there he'll be able to rehabilitate succesfully.

Dennis looked at you, relief and gratitude in his eyes, he did not try to force words out again...perhaps he was not able to do so again so soon for it looked like it took some serious effort, his paralysis was nearly total, it looked like the relief over his friend had made him forget the pain he was in for a moment though, if only for a moment.

Once in this safe location i don't see a problem with you and him rebuilding a relationship, so i belive everything will be fine.

The other staked vampire looked confused, not knowing what was being discussed but Mr Lenoe looked at you with kind, grateful eyes, it did seam the news had done him allot of good. Henrietta smiled to you, she seamed happy that you had managed to cheer the vampire up and also glad to hear Tobuas would recover.
"It is a relief to hear our young guest will be fine, I think everyone have been concerned about him."
She said softly.
"This is good news indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 16 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Tane Karyak Tue May 09, 2017 7:28 am

Thank you for being so helpful up to this point. It is no little sacrifice you've been doing putting your unlife on a hiatus like this fr the boy. Even if immortal.

It is. His was an interesting case: his avatar was so powerful she could absorb the pain. He was not pained for her avatar was weakened greatly, but she's far more powerful than spected. There are signs that have led us to belive she's no more than a shard of a true colossal avatar, so we're trying to figure out if any other part of the other avatar could be out there and see if it has been infected too or if, indeed,
it is a different thing entirely. But my scientific curiosity and all that can wait. It's great to have one more mage with so much future and potencial and i know they'll be alright, so that's all that matters for now.

How have you been? I see you are helping our guests to be a little more confortable. That is good. For now we need to be vigilant, is probable tobias will be thirsty once recovered and will want to come unchecked. We can't allow it.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 8:08 am

Thank you for being so helpful up to this point. It is no little sacrifice you've been doing putting your unlife on a hiatus like this fr the boy. Even if immortal.

The vampire looked at you he was not able to reply but there was a kindness in his eyes, he was clearly fond of Tobias and want the boy well and was willing to make a sacrifice for his well being.

It is. His was an interesting case: his avatar was so powerful she could absorb the pain. He was not pained for her avatar was weakened greatly, but she's far more powerful than spected. There are signs that have led us to belive she's no more than a shard of a true colossal avatar, so we're trying to figure out if any other part of the other avatar could be out there and see if it has been infected too or if, indeed,

"Interesting, I have not heard of such things but if Tobias' soul is a part of a grater collective, that is what you meant right? Then checking to see the others are alright might be a good idea indeed."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"In either case I am very glad that the young Orphan will make it."

it is a different thing entirely. But my scientific curiosity and all that can wait. It's great to have one more mage with so much future and potencial and i know they'll be alright, so that's all that matters for now.

"Yeah it is not like we can have to many mages in the Traditions."
The Hollower said and nodded in agreement.
"And there have been to much pain and loss these last few days, we could need a bit of a happy ending I think, at least for someone..."
She muttered and looked down worried about the current conflict with the Nephandi.

How have you been? I see you are helping our guests to be a little more confortable. That is good. For now we need to be vigilant, is probable tobias will be thirsty once recovered and will want to come unchecked. We can't allow it.

"I have been well, I have a little experience with vampires so I have been trying to keep these two distracted from their ehm...confinement."
The hedge wizard said and glanced at the two undead men.
"I see, well I will be alert then, I will not let anything happen to my guests here nor let Tobias get any blood from either of them, and we also have a guard at the door."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 am

He smiled darkly as he closed the valve again and wiped the Labyrinth blood off his hand, "I'm unharmed... She tried to hit my Avatar; that gave us a link to grab onto... A simple thing, really, to return the salutations... like urinating on an electric fence."

"You are full of surprises young man...also remind me never to try to harm or grab your Avatar, it seam to have a bit of a temper about it, not that I mind at the moment."

​Aha...that's what caused the shout. He hoped that he got Cotta good for that Wind.​ "Good work."

He looked up at Leon, "Your brother is unharmed; superficial scratches and bruises only... The pure golden light of Creation still flows, and he still wears the Crown. Hum... she used words rather than memories or images, that's rare..."
"She? I do not understand? And a Crown...now you sound like a Solificato, that is their terminology, they call themselves the Crowned Ones, see the Avatar as a Crown...ehm...I am babbling...guarding door...yes...guarding door now ehm...you are sure my brother will be ok?"

He gave Colin an odd look for a moment over his comment, which didn't sound much like him at all. He was glad that James's avatar had not suffered too much harm, he was still concerned for the pain he was in, but for the moment he had to stay alert and so it got added to the pile of things to talk about when they were sure there was a later to talk about it in.

"Stay alert, if our attacker do not show herself eventually we have to go after her but I would rather she come to us, if she do come made sure she do not harm our guides and healer...and our wounded while I try to deal with her, though if you see the chance to fire a round into her or a spell, take it, we need that woman disabled or dead and soon..."

"Yes ma'am."

You suddenly hear a new howling win, the same sound, wind though old pipes, but it died down again almost as soon as it was made as if the caster of said rote just could not keep her concentration....Suddenly there was a roar of rage not that far from you as a woman stepped out from nothing, she was tall, well toned and athletic, she would have been beautiful, but now she was badly burned.

He had started to begin the same working when it petered out, but then suddenly a figure appeared out of nowhere, teleporting in withouu any ado. Oh, something had happened to her alright. She arrived with fresh burns in quite a state. Still, he was surprised to find that she brought herself to the battle instead of just more sending spirits to do her dirty work. But they were on their way as well, unfortunately. More than one perhaps.

He jerked up and away from James at Cotta's appearance, and whipped up the gun to squeeze off a shot in response, "Osculantur area, antiqua pythonissam!"
You fire a round at Cotta but the bullet stay in the air then fall to the ground, it seams she to have a kinetic shield, unfortunately for her while the bullet is stopped something happens, there is a sound like a crystal hitting a stone floor and the Nephandus looks nervous for a moment as she stab her own arm again quickly desperate to recreate her shield

Adley watched the bullet as it hit her shield and then lose speed and drop to the floor. Frowning, he was about to change his tactic but then there was the sound of something breaking, like ice or glass. The Nephanda's facial expression and sudden frantic actions told him that she was vulnerable and he tried to take advantage of it by shooting at her, hoping that would get her to stop whatever she was trying to do. "There's spirits coming!" he warned, trying to keep the healers, Nancy and Cara covered as he felt the their approach in the wake of the woman's call.

He arched an eyebrow and shot again.
Cotta took one step forward, then your bullet hit her upper thigh, she grunted but the light bit of metal just slightly embedded itself, the wound was negligible and she was about to take another step, then she cried out and hit the floor, the Nephanda fought against some unseen force pinning her to the floor, as if she was suddenly to heavy to even lift her own head, or pretty much move at all, it was clear the crushing force hurt but she was not about to hand in the towel, she muttered two words in the Nephandi Language...

Colin's press put her down but still she was able to choke out more of that noxious anti-language and form something, he wasn't yet sure what. He next tried to silence her, as she was using vocal components as well as blood magick. He didn't want her to pop off any more spells on them. "Vox tacet!"

// Dashhound ; ) Sounds about right xD

Dex+Firearms: 0, 2, 5, 5, 4, 2 - not spectacular but one sux. Base Dmg: 6,7,3,6, enchanted bullet
Silence: 9 ,4, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 9:33 am

Still, he was surprised to find that she brought herself to the battle instead of just more sending spirits to do her dirty work. But they were on their way as well, unfortunately. More than one perhaps.

You are pretty sure it is more than one, and right now they where busy crossing the lesser Gauntlet of this Umbreal realm to help their Mistress in her fight.

Adley watched the bullet as it hit her shield and then lose speed and drop to the floor. Frowning, he was about to change his tactic but then there was the sound of something breaking, like ice or glass. The Nephanda's facial expression and sudden frantic actions told him that she was vulnerable and he tried to take advantage of it by shooting at her, hoping that would get her to stop whatever she was trying to do. "There's spirits coming!" he warned, trying to keep the healers, Nancy and Cara covered as he felt the their approach in the wake of the woman's call.

You hit the Nephanda in the shoulder and while the wound was not fatal it did tear out a good chunk of flesh, the woman howled in pain, she stayed on her feet but it was clear that had disrupted her focus, not that it stopped her for long and she was soon back to casting, she clearly had allot of experience handling pain, then Colin's second bullet hit her and it looked like she was crushed towards the floor, she still got a spell of though, targeting your Cabalmate as she struggled against the effect of the gravity bullet to no avail.

Colin's press put her down but still she was able to choke out more of that noxious anti-language and form something, he wasn't yet sure what. He next tried to silence her, as she was using vocal components as well as blood magick. He didn't want her to pop off any more spells on them. "Vox tacet!"

Your words and will made their commands and reality conformed, Cotta tried to get another word out and there where now sound, there was something in her eyes as that spell took effect, now she was afraid, perhaps the vocal part of her magick was more important than her blood magick and her eyes widened in fear and anger.

Udella was busy helping James as this fight took place the old Quesitor had a remarkable ability to stay calm and focus on her task instead of what was going on. Rosario finally managed to stand up straight she was shaking but she put an arrow on her crossbow and took a deep breath to steady herself, her actions to try to get into a state to be useful took a bit of time though. Olamide was the one who first noticed the spirits. A thing that to your eyes looked like blackberry yellow with mouths, eyes and thin tentacles appeared and shot some of those appendices at the Tytalus, she cried out but responded with a Prime bolt, which did nothing since the spirit was not manifested yet and the Tytalus swore and begun a new rote which would take the thing's spiritual nature into account. A man and a woman stepped out of the walls and took a swing each at Crexia, they looked human until you saw their faces which was made up of thorns and roots, they where like the golems sent earlier, only they where clearly spirits and self aware. Crexia hopped away from the two manifested Umbrood's swing and returned with a strike of her whip against one of them, the thing had to be enchanted for it took the arm of the male briar spirit and the Umbrood screamed in pain, which also made his sister shake as if they where linked.

Loretta loosed a bullet into the male briar spirit and it made a sound of pain much like sticks rubbing against one another when trying to start a fire the old fashioned way. Something else was here to, this being did not manifest and it looked like a shadow, or more like the absence or non existence of light, it touched Loretta from across the Gauntlet but the Cultist fell to the floor as if her very life was being drained away. Nancy hissed and jumped the female briar spirit and stabbed her several times with her knife, again the spirit made a sound of pain, before she tossed the annoying mage away like ragdoll. Nancy hit the floor hard and groaned.
"Bad numbers that try to be nine and which have never been nine, very bad!"
She exclaimed angrily.

Cara muttered in Latin and the thing attacking Loretta drew back a little, but the Criamon had no great understanding of spirit and the spell was only partly effective. Suddenly there was a smell of salt in the air, the feeling was not unplesant though unlike the presence of the other Umbrood, instead it felt old, wise and very, very sad. A being appeared in the room, it was roughly female, made completely of water and it looked like an older woman dressed like a matron from the old Greek civilization and she looked at the chaos in the room and you hear her muttering in Enochian.
"I am sorry...I am so sorry...so sorry..."
Before something came up under Loretta, as if the floor rose up under the woman and turned into the jaws of a great shark and bit down on her waist, nearly clipping the Cultist in two. Rosario saw this and screamed as her mortally wounded Mentor hit the floor as the jaws retracted back into the floor, then the same floor started slightly rumble under Adley's feet.

(OOC: Poor Loretta that is six points of agg...she was not lucky. Also everyone hate status abnormalities in Final Fantasy, particularly silence. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 09, 2017 11:29 am

​Aha...that's what caused the shout. He hoped that he got Cotta good for that Wind.​ "Good work."
Colin grinned, "Thank you."

Your Avatar felt a bit apologetic, but not much, you saw her as Mia, the last host of her largest fragment, so to you, that is the personification she appear as, your next incarnation might see her differently, after all Mia de Napoli was long dead, but as her form was a convenient way to see your soul it is the way she appeared, including the words and ways of the long dead woman.
"I guess it is not that unusual a term...I mean many think the Avatar is or is connected to the Crown Chakra if you are into that sort of thing."
Leon muttered nervously.
He nodded with a bit of relief, "Quite, and the Technocrats are convinced it's an observable part of the physical brain, so there might be something to it, all in all."

"I know a guy...from my House, I mean Jerbiton is so small I know all the mages in my house...but this person he have had a pretty bad injury to his Avatar and he is rather messed up over it I mean he...wake up screaming every night, he is not the easiest to be roomed with during Tribunal meetings and the like, and he hate beds it seam for he hides under them or in closets or well, we might find hum anywhere come morning."
Leon muttered nervously as he tried to keep an eye on the unblocked door.
"I do not think your brother's reaction will be that bad but yes this is traumatic and there might be psychological effects of that, but it can be dealt with. Like Mr W said we need to shelter him for now and I will see what I can do for him."
The old woman said, she took a small bag of white pearls, uneven and bumpy and quite natural looking from her belt pouch and took two of them and put the rest back in her belt then she begun to wave her hands in elegant sigils over James, the two peals slowly dissolving.
"Laese animae, ut lumen in panibus, et restituet te in deum!"
She said her voice soft but firm. James slowly calmed, at least a little as the Quesitor worked, he was still clearly in pain, sweat covered his now ash pale skin, but the trashing stopped and the screams lessened to pained moans and sore whimpers.
"T...thank you..."
He managed weakly.
He frowned and glanced at Leon, "That does sound as though the context of his injury was as bad as the injury itself... I... was not mentally in a better condition, myself, after I took a missile to the face; it took a skilled mindworker - by my request, mind you - to go in and separate the trauma from the memory of the blast. I still remember the pain, and the fire, and the blood... but the lasting impact is more like remembering a particularly gory scene in a movie. I don't know if the trauma was excised or just sealed off, but either way, I function again. Perhaps your Housemate could be persuaded to look into that sort of... drastic therapy, as well?"

He frowned, "Bugger."

Cotta took one step forward, then your bullet hit her upper thigh, she grunted but the light bit of metal just slightly embedded itself, the wound was negligible and she was about to take another step, then she cried out and hit the floor, the Nephanda fought against some unseen force pinning her to the floor, as if she was suddenly to heavy to even lift her own head, or pretty much move at all, it was clear the crushing force hurt but she was not about to hand in the towel, she muttered two words in the Nephandi Language and Colin you notice something happening around you, it is unclear exactly what but you do not think it will be good.
He frowned and raised his hand, quickly measuring the circle around himself, Udella and James, to avoid hitting them with the inner edge of a whirlwind, "Impetus tempestatis silencio mundanus!"

Udella was busy helping James as this fight took place the old Quesitor had a remarkable ability to stay calm and focus on her task instead of what was going on. Rosario finally managed to stand up straight she was shaking but she put an arrow on her crossbow and took a deep breath to steady herself, her actions to try to get into a state to be useful took a bit of time though. Olamide was the one who first noticed the spirits. A thing that to your eyes looked like blackberry yellow with mouths, eyes and thin tentacles appeared and shot some of those appendices at the Tytalus, she cried out but responded with a Prime bolt, which did nothing since the spirit was not manifested yet and the Tytalus swore and begun a new rote which would take the thing's spiritual nature into account. A man and a woman stepped out of the walls and took a swing each at Crexia, they looked human until you saw their faces which was made up of thorns and roots, they where like the golems sent earlier, only they where clearly spirits and self aware. Crexia hopped away from the two manifested Umbrood's swing and returned with a strike of her whip against one of them, the thing had to be enchanted for it took the arm of the male briar spirit and the Umbrood screamed in pain, which also made his sister shake as if they where linked.

Loretta loosed a bullet into the male briar spirit and it made a sound of pain much like sticks rubbing against one another when trying to start a fire the old fashioned way. Something else was here to, this being did not manifest and it looked like a shadow, or more like the absence or non existence of light, it touched Loretta from across the Gauntlet but the Cultist fell to the floor as if her very life was being drained away. Nancy hissed and jumped the female briar spirit and stabbed her several times with her knife, again the spirit made a sound of pain, before she tossed the annoying mage away like ragdoll. Nancy hit the floor hard and groaned.
"Bad numbers that try to be nine and which have never been nine, very bad!"
She exclaimed angrily.

Cara muttered in Latin and the thing attacking Loretta drew back a little, but the Criamon had no great understanding of spirit and the spell was only partly effective. Suddenly there was a smell of salt in the air, the feeling was not unplesant though unlike the presence of the other Umbrood, instead it felt old, wise and very, very sad. A being appeared in the room, it was roughly female, made completely of water and it looked like an older woman dressed like a matron from the old Greek civilization and she looked at the chaos in the room and you hear her muttering in Enochian.
"I am sorry...I am so sorry...so sorry..."
Before something came up under Loretta, as if the floor rose up under the woman and turned into the jaws of a great shark and bit down on her waist, nearly clipping the Cultist in two. Rosario saw this and screamed as her mortally wounded Mentor hit the floor as the jaws retracted back into the floor, then the same floor started slightly rumble under Adley's feet.
He paled as vast amounts of damage happened all at once, and saw the same thing about to happen to Adley, and went for a desperation move; visualizing an armoring layer on Adley's boots to protect him from supernatural threats underfoot, "Caligae silencio mundus!"

((OOC: So, first the attempt at the whirlwind to shelter Udella, James and Colin from the immediate surroundings - Arete roll: 6,6,9 - looks like the whirlwind of mundane silence is going to work for a few moments, at least - long enough for Udella to react, at least. Next, giving Adley anti-magic boot polish - Arete roll: 1,6,0... Well, he did what he could in the allotted time, it's up to Adley now...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 11:50 am

He nodded with a bit of relief, "Quite, and the Technocrats are convinced it's an observable part of the physical brain, so there might be something to it, all in all."

"Yeah to the point that if Technocrats gets Branded or something they say physical painkillers actually work on them...I guess it is all up to Paradigm..."
Leon muttered nervously as he glanced at his brother.
"This world get stranger and stranger the more I learn about it and the more I think about it."

He frowned and glanced at Leon, "That does sound as though the context of his injury was as bad as the injury itself... I... was not mentally in a better condition, myself, after I took a missile to the face; it took a skilled mindworker - by my request, mind you - to go in and separate the trauma from the memory of the blast. I still remember the pain, and the fire, and the blood... but the lasting impact is more like remembering a particularly gory scene in a movie. I don't know if the trauma was excised or just sealed off, but either way, I function again. Perhaps your Housemate could be persuaded to look into that sort of... drastic therapy, as well?"

"Hum...I have heard of skilled Masters of Mind being able to do that, though I have never seen the effect myself...I will ask my Housemate about it the next time I see him. I mean he is a nice guy, a bit on the creepy side and gruff at times, but nice he deserves some piece of mind."
Leon said and scratched his head then he looked at you.
"I was wondering about that...I mean I think that if I had experienced what you have...with all the madness going on in this Labyrinth I would probably be in some corner getting sick, not on my feet fighting..."
He muttered.
"That magus who worked on you have had to been skilled."
He muttered and looked at his brother again, clearly very worried and concerned.

He frowned and raised his hand, quickly measuring the circle around himself, Udella and James, to avoid hitting them with the inner edge of a whirlwind, "Impetus tempestatis silencio mundanus!"

A large, dark blue and black Prime Bolt exploded right in front of you as Cotta's desperate spell took place, your own rote managed to make it far less effective but it still hit, luckily the explosion seamed to not have hit James and Udella, the explosion was odd, you would have expected to be knocked back by a airwave but there was none, there where no heat either, but the blueish black flames that shot out from that explosion hurt, badly, mostly they hit your left side, creating deep, painful burns on your arm and left leg. You could still stand but that one hurt, it would have been allot worse though if the full force of the spell had hit head on, that could have crippled you and hit Udella and James as well.

Udella looked up and hissed she waved her left hand and the flames eating at your flesh vanished as if they had ever existed, there where burns, they would have to be treated but at least the flames had stopped. Udella then looked at the Nephanda and begun a new working.
"Adiuro donum tuum et animam meam, et non nocere non potest, mundus sapientiæ, clausa auferetur de manu tua!"
She chanted and Cotta cried out in frustration and desperation she struggled against the gravity hold, hurting herself in her panic, fear bloomed in her eyes and she cast no more spells, then she was silent as Adley took her voice from her as well.

He paled as vast amounts of damage happened all at once, and saw the same thing about to happen to Adley, and went for a desperation move; visualizing an armoring layer on Adley's boots to protect him from supernatural threats underfoot, "Caligae silencio mundus!"

Adley you feel a strange, grounding feeling in your feet, it feels like when you are in the middle of grounding and centering exercises really. Colin you are not sure how well your rote worked, perhaps the fresh burns distracted your concentration, but your magick did something at least though it is not the best bit of willworking you have ever done.

(OOC: Well that is two agg damage to Colin, which is better than five which would have been the result if he had not cast his little breeze, still that one hurts.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 pm

"Hum...I have heard of skilled Masters of Mind being able to do that, though I have never seen the effect myself...I will ask my Housemate about it the next time I see him. I mean he is a nice guy, a bit on the creepy side and gruff at times, but nice he deserves some piece of mind."
Leon said and scratched his head then he looked at you.
"I was wondering about that...I mean I think that if I had experienced what you have...with all the madness going on in this Labyrinth I would probably be in some corner getting sick, not on my feet fighting..."
He muttered.
"That magus who worked on you have had to been skilled."
He muttered and looked at his brother again, clearly very worried and concerned.
Colin nodded, "Oh, I just might end up curling up somewhere after the dust settles... I'm not immune to the battlefield stresses, but the adrenaline high keeps the worst at bay... and coming down is unpleasant. And yes, it was masterful work... and I've still not paid it all off. It's expensive, but worth it."

A large, dark blue and black Prime Bolt exploded right in front of you as Cotta's desperate spell took place, your own rote managed to make it far less effective but it still hit, luckily the explosion seamed to not have hit James and Udella, the explosion was odd, you would have expected to be knocked back by a airwave but there was none, there where no heat either, but the blueish black flames that shot out from that explosion hurt, badly, mostly they hit your left side, creating deep, painful burns on your arm and left leg. You could still stand but that one hurt, it would have been allot worse though if the full force of the spell had hit head on, that could have crippled you and hit Udella and James as well.

Udella looked up and hissed she waved her left hand and the flames eating at your flesh vanished as if they had ever existed, there where burns, they would have to be treated but at least the flames had stopped. Udella then looked at the Nephanda and begun a new working.
"Adiuro donum tuum et animam meam, et non nocere non potest, mundus sapientiæ, clausa auferetur de manu tua!"
She chanted and Cotta cried out in frustration and desperation she struggled against the gravity hold, hurting herself in her panic, fear bloomed in her eyes and she cast no more spells, then she was silent as Adley took her voice from her as well.
He barely even flinched at the pain, and looked down at the damage with an almost incredulous glare, "Bloody hell, that was my last decent suit! And that hurt!"
Glancing down at the others in the circle, he added, "Was either of you hit?"

Adley you feel a strange, grounding feeling in your feet, it feels like when you are in the middle of grounding and centering exercises really. Colin you are not sure how well your rote worked, perhaps the fresh burns distracted your concentration, but your magick did something at least though it is not the best bit of willworking you have ever done.
He grimaced, looking around at the assorted combatants in the room to quickly take stock of the situation...

((OOC: Ow, ow, fucking ow. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Colin nodded, "Oh, I just might end up curling up somewhere after the dust settles... I'm not immune to the battlefield stresses, but the adrenaline high keeps the worst at bay... and coming down is unpleasant. And yes, it was masterful work... and I've still not paid it all off. It's expensive, but worth it."

"I can see how it would be. I mean if you had forgotten then that would have been bad a thing, even bad events are part of making us who we all are but if you can have the memory but not the trauma of it, then that would be worth quite a bit."
Leon said and glanced at his brother.
"I hope my bother is not...hurt bad enough to need such treatment."
He said sadly in a concerned tone of voice.

He barely even flinched at the pain, and looked down at the damage with an almost incredulous glare, "Bloody hell, that was my last decent suit! And that hurt!"
Glancing down at the others in the circle, he added, "Was either of you hit?"

"We are fine, your rote took the worst of it and I am afraid you took the rest young man..."
Udella said and looked up and grimaced.
"That have to hurt, can you still fight?"
She asked then she looked at Cotta.
"For now my magick is holding her powers but she is fighting me and she is strong, so strong it will not last, she seam to have a problem with not being able to speak that foul language of hers though."
She said as she stood and told James.
"Please stay down, the rest of us will protect you as best we can."
She said then glanced around at the mayhem, focused on the spirit who made jaws out of the floor and begun chanting, there was little time to wait for your reply as to how fit you where, you where on your feet which meant either you would either be able to fight, or get to cover on your own.

(OOC: Well Colin did sort of ask for it with Cotta. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 09, 2017 2:18 pm

"I can see how it would be. I mean if you had forgotten then that would have been bad a thing, even bad events are part of making us who we all are but if you can have the memory but not the trauma of it, then that would be worth quite a bit."
Leon said and glanced at his brother.
"I hope my bother is not...hurt bad enough to need such treatment."
He said sadly in a concerned tone of voice.
Colin shook his head, "If he's as hardy as I think he is, he'll be twitchy for a while, and have an ungodly ephemeral itch for a few days, but I doubt there'll be permanent damage of any sort."

"We are fine, your rote took the worst of it and I am afraid you took the rest young man..."
Udella said and looked up and grimaced.
"That have to hurt, can you still fight?"
She asked then she looked at Cotta.
"For now my magick is holding her powers but she is fighting me and she is strong, so strong it will not last, she seam to have a problem with not being able to speak that foul language of hers though."
She said as she stood and told James.
"Please stay down, the rest of us will protect you as best we can."
She said then glanced around at the mayhem, focused on the spirit who made jaws out of the floor and begun chanting, there was little time to wait for your reply as to how fit you where, you where on your feet which meant either you would either be able to fight, or get to cover on your own.
He grimaced back at Udella, "It hurts immensely, but less than her girlfriend's attempted gilgul yesterday."
Glaring at the briar spirits, he quickly tried to think of the best approach, and settled on yet another preposterous idea; a blade of wind to cut grass... A myth from somewhere in Asia, wasn't it? No matter; he pocketed the pistol again and focused on shaping a sword, "Gladium venti silencio mundanus!"
He forced the magic-dispersing spell into the shape of a Japanese katana - for some reason, that seemed appropriate...

((OOC: So, Arete rolls to form a sword from the Wind of Mundane Silence... 3,6,0 - 6,7,0... Two rolls is all Colin takes the time for (assuming he doesn't get inconvenienced in the process) before he starts swinging (amateurishly). Best wait for S7trif3's post before we push on. Razz ))

((OOC2: Well, yes, I suppose he sort of did... But let's be honest, there weren't many better ways to lure her out, and she sort of did ask for that rapid-fire burst when she was so rude as to grope such a dignified, ladylike Avatar as Mia. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Colin shook his head, "If he's as hardy as I think he is, he'll be twitchy for a while, and have an ungodly ephemeral itch for a few days, but I doubt there'll be permanent damage of any sort."

"Yeah hopefully, I will have to take care of him, make sure he get the rest he needs until he recovers...having a itchy Avatar do not sound much fun but I guess he can live with that."
Leon said but he still looked concerned. James though had recovered enough to give his brother a bit of smile though he was still whimpering and he was curled into a ball clearly in pain but he was better after Udella's treatment."

He grimaced back at Udella, "It hurts immensely, but less than her girlfriend's attempted gilgul yesterday."

Udella looked at you for a moment and gave a small smile, but she continued her spellcasting, building up her will working instead of replying.

Glaring at the briar spirits, he quickly tried to think of the best approach, and settled on yet another preposterous idea; a blade of wind to cut grass... A myth from somewhere in Asia, wasn't it? No matter; he pocketed the pistol again and focused on shaping a sword, "Gladium venti silencio mundanus!"
He forced the magic-dispersing spell into the shape of a Japanese katana - for some reason, that seemed appropriate...

You get a sword, sort of, it is not physical wind, you can now blow over anything manifested or make the hem of a dress move, but you have a sword shaped stick of anti magick, that would rip and effects and spells it touch, the spell was not the most stable but for now it held.

(OOC: Yes let us wait for Strife, I am soon heading out for an Aspergers support group meeting to play MtG anyway. To be clear Colin can not use Forces so the sword will not cut anyone, but you now have countermagick successes on a stick, literary. The way I will do this is that he have 5 successes there and if he hit an effect he can use that as free successes for countermagick but every success used are then spent until the sword fall apart. Is this acceptable to you.)

(OOC: True enough one should never grope Avatars and especially not Mia.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 09, 2017 2:55 pm

"Yeah hopefully, I will have to take care of him, make sure he get the rest he needs until he recovers...having a itchy Avatar do not sound much fun but I guess he can live with that."
Leon said but he still looked concerned. James though had recovered enough to give his brother a bit of smile though he was still whimpering and he was curled into a ball clearly in pain but he was better after Udella's treatment."
Colin nodded, "He'll be fine, I'm certain."

((OOC: That sounds essentially like what I had in mind - the "grass-cutting" part was more metaphorical in smacking those plant-things out of this plane of existence, not necessarily giving them lasting injuries in the process. I'd almost consider arguing that the Prime component would be suitable for a prime bolt, but an anti-magic stick dealing magical damage is kind of absurd and contrary to the letter and the spirit of the rules, wouldn't you say? Wink Also, that sounds like a good baseline for further research into "What the fresh Hell did Colin do this time?" Wink Hum, give it some research, and Colin might figure out how to make Really Mundane Bullets? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Colin nodded, "He'll be fine, I'm certain."

Leon looked at you then he turned back to the door he was...ehm badly...guarding.
"Thank you...I hope so."
He muttered softly.

(OOC: Well the sword might affect the plant things when they use their powers and it might hurt them since they are magick but any spirit not manifested the sword will not hit, but it will not really deal damage it is a way to destroy spells and that is about it, Colin can add a Prime bolt or in this case a Prime blade but that is not the rote he cast and would be a secondary effect. Yeah with some research Colin might be able to make some really scary things. Well then we are agreed then about what the spell do?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Cotta (he assumed it was her, at least) seemed to be silent for the moment and stuck under the press. Colin had gotten hit but he could hear him sassing, thankfully, so whatever she had hit him with hadn't killed him. But then the spirits arrived and everything went to hell fairly fast. Adley could not possibly defend his group from all four spirit attackers and while they tried to fight them off. They were strong beings and had multiple kinds of offenses. Suddenly the air was filled with a smell a heady salty air that made him miss home. Not just Boston, but Rhode Island. For all that he didn't live right by any beach, he'd spent a lot of his childhood with his family there in the summer. The water elemental had arrived with the rest and the sentimental feeling it had engendered didn't stop him from trying to plead with her when she began speaking in Enochian. Clearly, she did not want to attack them. Equally clearly, she was following her orders, bound to whomever had used her Name.

"We are not your enemies! Please stop attacking us, we are fighting the Qyrl infested ones here! Join us so we can help return you to your home and your charge, your duty!," he said in Enochian.

But to his horror, he saw the floor under Loretta manifest into menacing jaws of the deep and the already beleaguered maga was bitten fiercely. The floor beneath him started to shudder and then his boots felt as if they were in connection with Malkuth and he was not entirely sure why. For a moment he felt like an island beneath a great sea serpent as he tried to dodge the incoming attack. "Look out!" he said to those nearby.

// Is this something that he can try to dodge? Because if so, that's probably the thing to do: dex+athletics: 0, 4, 7, 5, 5

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 8:01 pm

"We are not your enemies! Please stop attacking us, we are fighting the Qyrl infested ones here! Join us so we can help return you to your home and your charge, your duty!," he said in Enochian.

"I can not...forgive me I am bound, my will is not my own...they have my name..."
The elemental said her voice sounded like waves crashing on the shore and breaking on the rocks.
"I have to obey my new masters I have no choice, forgive me..."
She wept even as she attacked.
"If you wish to favor me destroy me for I would rather not be, than to have my purpose twisted by the Qyrl."
The elemental begged.

But to his horror, he saw the floor under Loretta manifest into menacing jaws of the deep and the already beleaguered maga was bitten fiercely. The floor beneath him started to shudder and then his boots felt as if they were in connection with Malkuth and he was not entirely sure why. For a moment he felt like an island beneath a great sea serpent as he tried to dodge the incoming attack. "Look out!" he said to those nearby.

You manage to toss yourself to the side, just barely and far from elegantly, but out of harm's way non the less just as a pair of jaws large enough to clip a grown man in two rose from the floor and snapped shut with a loud crack and then vanished again. Then the floor begun rumbling under Udella and James, the old Guernicus maga gave a shout of alarm and grabbed James but it was not easy for her to drag a grown man. Leon tossed himself towards his brother and the Enforcer and got them out of the way right before another set of jaws snapped shut right next to his feet, but now both he, Udella and James was on the floor in a heap and vulnerable.

Nancy got back up on her feet and rushed the male briar doll again, stabbing him in the head with her knife then shouted at him.
"Your numbers are wrong, you are a three when you should be a six!"
The briar spirit lifted it's arms and held it's head and a strange rustling sound which might be screaming came from him, his female companion went for Nancy and tried to stab her with a thorn like claws, but the Hollower managed to let go of the male spirit and roll out of the way.

Rosario fell down on her knees next to her Mentor, she aimed her crossbow at the female briar spirit and hit the manifested Unbrood where she should have had eyes, making the creature reel backwards, the real reason for the shot was not to damage the spirit however but rather to use the focus needed to place the arrow correctly was needed for the Cultist to get into her magickal trance so she could try to heal her badly wounded Mentor, but she had quite a task in front of her...things did not look good for Loretta.

Crexia shouted in Latin and the black thing with the tentacles shouted in pain and agony as it was violently banished back to whatever hell it come from. Olamide begun some rote as she started chanting. Cara formed a large, clear Prime bolt in her hands as she muttered words about Creo and Vim and tossed it at the female briar spirit, who begun to burn with the blue flames of purification and then she was gone, she was not dead but she had lost her manifested form, having to retreat to the Umbra not to be killed by the Criamon's bright, blue flames.

(OOC: Yeah Adley can jump out of the way.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 pm

You get a sword, sort of, it is not physical wind, you can now blow over anything manifested or make the hem of a dress move, but you have a sword shaped stick of anti magick, that would rip and effects and spells it touch, the spell was not the most stable but for now it held.

You manage to toss yourself to the side, just barely and far from elegantly, but out of harm's way non the less just as a pair of jaws large enough to clip a grown man in two rose from the floor and snapped shut with a loud crack and then vanished again. Then the floor begun rumbling under Udella and James, the old Guernicus maga gave a shout of alarm and grabbed James but it was not easy for her to drag a grown man. Leon tossed himself towards his brother and the Enforcer and got them out of the way right before another set of jaws snapped shut right next to his feet, but now both he, Udella and James was on the floor in a heap and vulnerable.

Nancy got back up on her feet and rushed the male briar doll again, stabbing him in the head with her knife then shouted at him.
"Your numbers are wrong, you are a three when you should be a six!"
The briar spirit lifted it's arms and held it's head and a strange rustling sound which might be screaming came from him, his female companion went for Nancy and tried to stab her with a thorn like claws, but the Hollower managed to let go of the male spirit and roll out of the way.

Rosario fell down on her knees next to her Mentor, she aimed her crossbow at the female briar spirit and hit the manifested Unbrood where she should have had eyes, making the creature reel backwards, the real reason for the shot was not to damage the spirit however but rather to use the focus needed to place the arrow correctly was needed for the Cultist to get into her magickal trance so she could try to heal her badly wounded Mentor, but she had quite a task in front of her...things did not look good for Loretta.

Crexia shouted in Latin and the black thing with the tentacles shouted in pain and agony as it was violently banished back to whatever hell it come from. Olamide begun some rote as she started chanting. Cara formed a large, clear Prime bolt in her hands as she muttered words about Creo and Vim and tossed it at the female briar spirit, who begun to burn with the blue flames of purification and then she was gone, she was not dead but she had lost her manifested form, having to retreat to the Umbra not to be killed by the Criamon's bright, blue flames.
Colin looked at his new sword, not all there, and quickly reevaluated his targets. The briar things were being dealt with, the tentacled thing was disappearing, Cotta was disabled for now... That left the water elemental, which seemed to be the one who was making those shark attacks. With a most displeased grunt, he lurched toward her and swung the blade in her direction, hoping for the best.

((OOC: Yeah; it's a spell-parrying blade that leaves no physical mark. Colin's going to make his very best effort to smack the water elemental out of this layer of Reality, but he doesn't know if it will quite work - but, it should be quite unpleasant to any supernatural being, so it might just suffice to drive her off, if nothing else. Sort of like smearing something foul-tasting on a baby's thumb to keep the little kid from sucking on it. Anyways, Dex+Melee-Owie - 5,8. I have no idea if that's even going to hit the elemental, but it's a heroic effort, even if plausibly quite futile... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 09, 2017 8:36 pm

You rush towards the noble Greek lady made of water and sea foam, your blade which have no physical from churned the waters the elemental are made of, well her manifested form at least, she cry out but do not move, she just stood there looking at you, it was clear your sword hurt her in some way, but she just stands there, she is ordered to attack, but she was probably not ordered to defend herself, she seamed so sad, so lost she did not want to work for these Nephandi but she had no choice and she would do anything she could to be beaten and defeated so she would do no more harm.

(OOC: The water elemental do not move she stands there taking the blow so yes you do hit, she do not even try to dodge.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 09, 2017 9:02 pm

You rush towards the noble Greek lady made of water and sea foam, your blade which have no physical from churned the waters the elemental are made of, well her manifested form at least, she cry out but do not move, she just stood there looking at you, it was clear your sword hurt her in some way, but she just stands there, she is ordered to attack, but she was probably not ordered to defend herself, she seamed so sad, so lost she did not want to work for these Nephandi but she had no choice and she would do anything she could to be beaten and defeated so she would do no more harm.
Colin frowned at the oceanic lady's expression, then nodded, lowering his blade. Hurting her was... unpalatable, but if she wasn't defending herself... A bubble to hold her, then. "Carceri soleant in venti silencio mundanus."
Lifting his ring toward her was painful, but the image of a perfect sphere of wind, a magic-repelling shell to sever her connection to the outside... that was a beautiful thing to envision, cruel though it may be...

((OOC: So plan B, obviously; no hitting the sad Greek lady, but confine her from the outside world - not a banishment, but a prison cell in the same layer of reality that makes it REALLY difficult for her to act against us, or others to reach her... Arete rolls: 1,6,0 - 3,3,9 - 2,4,9 - 1,7,9 - 7,9,0. Five rounds of work, unless Colin gets interrupted in the process... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed May 10, 2017 12:53 am

"And there have been to much pain and loss these last few days, we could need a bit of a happy ending I think, at least for someone..."
What has happened? We have fought the last few fights and we haven't had much of a real loss, other than the education of the young and time to rest.

and we also have a guard at the door."
THey'll be informed, but you should so. We will be bringing Tobias down to the node. The procedure consumed most of his avatar's quintessence and he needs to get some back.

Well, in any case, if you need something just tell me. I'll be doing the moving soon so i'll be around, i just wanted to give out the good news.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 6:48 am

Colin:

You begin your work to try to confine the ocean spirit, she just stands there but her attacks continue, the jaws this time appearing under Cara's feet, the Criamon had just barely the time to jump aside, giving a shout in the process. It seams your spell did not do that much, yes the spirit was manifested so harming her physical form harmed her, but her power was not that physical form so laying a field of anti magick around her just did not affect her abilities, at least not to any degree you could see, she had willed herself into a physical form, but she was still a spirit, time and space really held no meaning and confining that physical form did little.

Tane:

What has happened? We have fought the last few fights and we haven't had much of a real loss, other than the education of the young and time to rest.

"We have not had allot of loss, but we have had injuries, not to mention we have had allot of mental pain. Beatrice what happened to her is part of this conflict and she and those who love her suffer because of it. The Chief have a new apprentice, a widderslainte boy who are in a cell literary fearing for his soul, these vampires, things we have been forced to do and see in this conflict so far, that Marauder who most likely will be executed where the Nephandi murdered her entire Cabal, or whatever the Mad Ones call their groups, the injured Deaconess over at Riverside, the list go on an on, so no we have not suffered great loss but there have been plenty of pain Tane."
Henrietta said sadly.
"These last few days have not been good ones."

THey'll be informed, but you should so. We will be bringing Tobias down to the node. The procedure consumed most of his avatar's quintessence and he needs to get some back.

"I will keep it in mind, but if he is that weak then a lock on the door should be enough and here we have two guards not to mention others who guard other prisoner in the corridor, we will be fine."

Well, in any case, if you need something just tell me. I'll be doing the moving soon so i'll be around, i just wanted to give out the good news.

"Actually I do, but it is not something of any urgency, we can discuss an exchange of favors when we are not right in the middle of a crisis."
Henrietta said and smiled.
"Ah you are moving into the Chantry? What about the fera you have befriended are they coming as well as Custos or staying behind?"

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I have not slept well for a few nights and fell asleep on the sofa yesterday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 10, 2017 7:45 am

"I can not...forgive me I am bound, my will is not my own...they have my name..." The elemental said her voice sounded like waves crashing on the shore and breaking on the rocks.  "I have to obey my new masters I have no choice, forgive me..." She wept even as she attacked. "If you wish to favor me destroy me for I would rather not be, than to have my purpose twisted by the Qyrl."

"Tell us your Name!" he replied, desperately.  "If we cannot release you from their hold or banish you, then we will try to honor your preference for being destroyed rather than suffer this abuse!" Knowing her Name would make it considerably easier to try to get rid of the elemental or destroy it, but maybe they could still get her free of Cotta's hold before she did more harm to them. And speaking of Cotta, he shot her a look to make sure she was not up to anything - he would not put anything past her.

// I hope you got some much needed rest then Anja. Since later actions depends on what she says here I'll leave that for now, but the idea is if she gives at least someone her Name, the others who can use spirit to try to work together to free her (preferably), banish her or if there's no choice, destroy her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 am

"Tell us your Name!" he replied, desperately. "If we cannot release you from their hold or banish you, then we will try to honor your preference for being destroyed rather than suffer this abuse!" Knowing her Name would make it considerably easier to try to get rid of the elemental or destroy it, but maybe they could still get her free of Cotta's hold before she did more harm to them.

The spirit looked at you then slowly nodded and she spoke a name in Enochian.
"Nulwah."
You see Cotta shot the Umbrood a glare she was not please that she had told you her name, she was not pleased at all. The water elemental looked at you.
"Thank you one with liquid fire within...let me be destroyed rather than this...I am so sorry I do not want to crash my waves over anyone...I have no choice, this is not my purpose."
The spirit wept. You saw she did not resist as Colin attacked her, she just stood there, the attack did little but cause her some discomfort though.

And speaking of Cotta, he shot her a look to make sure she was not up to anything - he would not put anything past her.

Cotta was struggling against her bonds, gravity, your silence and the Quesitor's rote that restricted her magick, and she was getting rather desperate but she was far from giving up there where fire in her dark eyes the old Nephanda was not going down without a fight.

Udella got up from the floor with Leon's help, she had a bruise on her arm where she hit the floor but she looked at you and at the ocean spirit and nodded approvingly.
"Sodalis, can you either assist me trying to free this Umbrood...or fulfill her other wish, or if you would rather try to keep the wounded out of harms way while I work?"
The Quesitor asked.

(OOC: I did thank you. The ocean spirit do give up her name, she would rather be vulnerable to be destroyed than live in service of the Nephandi.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 10, 2017 10:39 am

You begin your work to try to confine the ocean spirit, she just stands there but her attacks continue, the jaws this time appearing under Cara's feet, the Criamon had just barely the time to jump aside, giving a shout in the process. It seams your spell did not do that much, yes the spirit was manifested so harming her physical form harmed her, but her power was not that physical form so laying a field of anti magick around her just did not affect her abilities, at least not to any degree you could see, she had willed herself into a physical form, but she was still a spirit, time and space really held no meaning and confining that physical form did little.
Udella got up from the floor with Leon's help, she had a bruise on her arm where she hit the floor but she looked at you and at the ocean spirit and nodded approvingly.
"Sodalis, can you either assist me trying to free this Umbrood...or fulfill her other wish, or if you would rather try to keep the wounded out of harms way while I work?"
The Quesitor asked.
Colin frowned as the magic was... somehow resisting him? Maybe fatigue... At least Adley was carrying a conversation with the poor thing, keeping it almost busy, and she wasn't attacking Colin as he stood still before her...
And the shell, once it came up, didn't do anything useful. Which was unfortunate. He dismissed the shell and retreated toward James, raising his blade in an approximation of a defensive stance.

((OOC: Just a reminder - by Colin's paradigm, his spells don't exist in the real world before they're cast. He might spend some time shaping them in a "pocket" outside Reality (not the same as an Umbral pocket, obviously), but when the spell is done, it comes out all at once rather than gradually. Granted, some of the spells he uses have a repeater function, of sorts, but the initial casting is still "outside". Not that that's a defense against countermagic, of course. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 10, 2017 10:57 am

Jamens glanced at you...he had managed to sit up down, though he was shaking as if he had a fever. With unsteady hands he drew his gun, he held it towards the floor for now, still to shaky to aim, at least he was beginning to get to the point where he could to some degree take care of himself.
"I will not...be helpless..."
He muttered between gritted teeth.

The Umbrood glanced at you apologetically again for a moment before she sent another one of her jaws from the deep, after Crexia this time, the archmaga got out of the way but the jaws caught a bit of her green dress and ripped the fabric, so it had been close.

Rosario was busy with trying to heal her Mentor. Olamide chanted and formed a ball of fire in her hands and tossed it at the male briar spirit, he roared and flailed about while the female shot a whip of thorns out towards Nancy and caught the Hollower in the leg, Nancy cried out in pain and was knocked on her but, but she was not worse hurt than to toss her knife at her attacker, the blade just bounced of harmlessly though. Cara made another ball of bright blue flame and tossed it at the badly wounded male briar spirit and he screamed like sticks breaking and collapsed to the floor in a bile of burning twigs, no longer able to maintain his manifested form.

Leon got to his feet and fired his gun at the female twig spirit and hit her in the arm, wood splinters exploded everywhere and she creaked in distress and turned her attention from Nancy to the young Jerbiton and she swung the whip made out of her own body again at Leon's head, but he managed to dodge.

(OOC: I understand but even so just Prime will be able to affect this spirit's own powers and it can damage her manifested body, but it will not do that much alone. It is a little like this even if a Technocrat see the Avatar as part of the brain and he will system wise use Spirit to affect it and not Life and while it is not all system off course and Paradigm is Paramount I am not sure Colin fully know how to target a spirit directly, he can do physical or magical damage to the spirit, and while she is manifested enough damage will banish or kill her but he can not stop her from being what she is and using her powers which is a part of what she is with the rote he tried to use the way I understood it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Jamens glanced at you...he had managed to sit up down, though he was shaking as if he had a fever. With unsteady hands he drew his gun, he held it towards the floor for now, still to shaky to aim, at least he was beginning to get to the point where he could to some degree take care of himself.
"I will not...be helpless..."
He muttered between gritted teeth.

The Umbrood glanced at you apologetically again for a moment before she sent another one of her jaws from the deep, after Crexia this time, the archmaga got out of the way but the jaws caught a bit of her green dress and ripped the fabric, so it had been close.

Rosario was busy with trying to heal her Mentor. Olamide chanted and formed a ball of fire in her hands and tossed it at the male briar spirit, he roared and flailed about while the female shot a whip of thorns out towards Nancy and caught the Hollower in the leg, Nancy cried out in pain and was knocked on her but, but she was not worse hurt than to toss her knife at her attacker, the blade just bounced of harmlessly though. Cara made another ball of bright blue flame and tossed it at the badly wounded male briar spirit and he screamed like sticks breaking and collapsed to the floor in a bile of burning twigs, no longer able to maintain his manifested form.

Leon got to his feet and fired his gun at the female twig spirit and hit her in the arm, wood splinters exploded everywhere and she creaked in distress and turned her attention from Nancy to the young Jerbiton and she swung the whip made out of her own body again at Leon's head, but he managed to dodge.
Colin nodded to James, a look of grim determination, and used the momentary distraction Leon offered to lunge at the feminine twig spirit.

((OOC: Dex+Melee to whack at the shrubette: 6,0. Well, that should at least irritate the thing... Razz ))

((OOC2: Yeah, if Colin had funneled in Correspondence 2 into that shell, I suspect it would have been more plausible that he could've sealed off the spirit's attacks, as a matter of intercepting her reach - but Colin didn't quite understand that when he started, I think. Not without actually having Spirit available. Razz Besides, he doesn't really want to harm her... not with a heartbroken expression like that, and two other Magi who know a little more about what they're doing. And blocking them with an anti-magic shell is a bad idea. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next