Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 6 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:53 am

Levelling the weapon, Nicole takes aim at the Slick posing the biggest threat and fires a round or two into it. The tide was turning, but now was not the time for complacency.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 6 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 am

You fire at the oil man and hit him in the shoulder, he chitter in pain and turn to send another tendril at you trying to get you in the gut, you have wounded him but he is not down. The handsome Asian man kicks the creature in the knee and it drops down to the floor still chittering though he is trying to get back up again.

(OOC: Though various rolls you did 3 lethal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:04 pm

"Why would she not survive it, not that it looked like anything you would want to try to survive frankly...poor Bee I have been sitting with her."
Jon muttered and shuddered.
"What happens if someone dies in the middle of...that?"
Colin frowned, "Weak heart and lungs... She's already flatlined once in my arms from stress. And if the victim dies during... that... well, an Avatar not bound to a Mage is a dangerous thing. Long story short, her Avatar is a strong one, so I suspect the fairly immediate result would be the loss of six Masters of spirit. And it would be an ugly affair, too..."

Jon raised an eyebrow over that.
"We have a corrupted spirit in the basement?"
He asked. Mara just smiled and petted the kittens.
He shook his head, "No, we have a quite healthy and beautiful spirit in the basement. Currently, hm, chronicling the life of a prisoner on the wall... The information he inscribes can be useful later."

There was one that was standing still for a moment looking confused as Richard had just elegantly ducked under it's attack. You hit the creature in the chest and it went down, it was wounded now though and trying to get back up chittering desperately. Richard delivered two kicks to it's head in rapid succession though and the oil man stopped moving.

Jeffry cast another white hot fireball, the things where resistant to magick but the thing did allot of damage even from where you stood you could feel the heat and that was one less oil man leaving four, two of which where fleeing. George could work in peace now and the portal was starting to flicker it would soon be gone.

"Yeah ehm...Master Sharaya teleported Hannah away I have no idea where his office perhaps."
Bianca said as she was busy trying to stab one of the remaining oil men.
He frowned and squeezed a shot off the one bothering Bianca, "Well, thank Providence for that... Losing miss Larson now would be inconvenient, to say the least, not to mention a rather bad stain on our honour..."

((OOC: Dex+Firearms: 2,5,8,9, sub 1 for hit, damage comes to 2,3,4,8,0. Bianca should be able to finish it off. Razz ))

((OOC2: Bad head cold today. Not fun. Might not be too on top of things today. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Your side was winning, there where six of the oil like creatures left and two of them where fleeing. The portal looked a little less solid now as if what George was doing was about to take it down. A pretty black woman was on the floor wounded, the other member of the Chantry seamed fine or they had minor wounds and bruises.

"At least we're winning. Is that women wielding a knife?" Serge thought as he began to see the battle more clearly.

He quickly spied around the room and saw multiple injured people, although their was very little he could do about that. Their were 4 oil-people left, two of which were afflicted by his devouring fear spell.

"Well Master Morgan can repeatedly fire off fireballs. Let's see if I can go three for three" Serge thought as he concentrated again, focusing on one of the remaining oil-men. He placed the hand on his picture of frighten oil-men and remembered his thoughts of fear and cowardice. Everyone had something to be afraid of and it seems that it was no different for these oil-men. If he couldn't damage them he might as well try and make sure they couldn't damage anyone else.

(OOC: Mind 3 + Entropy 1 to try and terrify the oil-men by bringing up their fears and flaws. Trying to distract them or get them to flee from the battle.

Arete Roll (difficulty lowered by drawing): 5, 3, 9)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Colin frowned, "Weak heart and lungs... She's already flatlined once in my arms from stress. And if the victim dies during... that... well, an Avatar not bound to a Mage is a dangerous thing. Long story short, her Avatar is a strong one, so I suspect the fairly immediate result would be the loss of six Masters of spirit. And it would be an ugly affair, too..."

"I see poor kid. Well I am not fond of that ritual anyway I heard Beatrice scream...and scream...and scream and I could do nothing to help her, it is some ugly shit and it kind of creep me out."
Jon grumbled.
"I guess we are all going to have to take good care of your new apprentice then, if she is young enough perhaps she will be a good friend for little Jane..."
He asked but you thought the chance that Hildegard would let her apprentice become friends with a former Nephandus to be about as likely as snow in hell.

He shook his head, "No, we have a quite healthy and beautiful spirit in the basement. Currently, hm, chronicling the life of a prisoner on the wall... The information he inscribes can be useful later."

"Hum...I see well that...is good I assume, new friend of yours then?"
He asked and shrugged.
"My Mentor used to feed spirits cookies from websites, then again my teacher have always been a bit odd, he taught me a little bit about them though."

He frowned and squeezed a shot off the one bothering Bianca, "Well, thank Providence for that... Losing miss Larson now would be inconvenient, to say the least, not to mention a rather bad stain on our honour..."

As you aimed at the spirit inside of Miss Larson's room Adjan finished of one of the two remaining spirits out in the hallway and the other one was not moving anymore you suspect Ryan's time magick was holding it still.
"Yeah the Nephandi getting what they want would suck and it would not be nice if we lost someone we had sworn to protect either."
Jon muttered as he pointed his own gun at the frozen oil man and shot at it, the thing did not move at all or make a sound time just did not run the same way for it.

You shot at the spirit fighting with Bianca and it screamed and went down on it's knees. Bianca nodded to you and went to work with her dagger, soon the creature vanished as if it had never been there leaving bullets and anything else that had hit it behind. The floor on the hallway and inside Hannah's room was full of spent bullets now.

There are only three oil men left now two of them fleeing and the other frozen in time. Suddenly the portal started flickering like and old TV and then it vanished, there was a feeling like in an old man's home left behind mixed with the smell of freshly baked pastries, and after effect of George's spell. There was a hint of a smile on the old mage's face when the portal closed but then he immediately rushed over to Dion to help Hildegard with healing her, he did not care about getting his blue robes dirty as he knelt down beside the wounded Chorister concern on his face.

The two terrified oil men ran to where the portal had been and started beating on the wall, desecrate to get away, terrified by something inside their own minds.

"Well Master Morgan can repeatedly fire off fireballs. Let's see if I can go three for three" Serge thought as he concentrated again, focusing on one of the remaining oil-men. He placed the hand on his picture of frighten oil-men and remembered his thoughts of fear and cowardice. Everyone had something to be afraid of and it seems that it was no different for these oil-men. If he couldn't damage them he might as well try and make sure they couldn't damage anyone else.

The last spirit that was not terrified, the one fighting with Dr Lee and that Nicole had her gun aimed at panicked and ran out of the room and into the hallway in panic, nearly running down Dr Lee in it's haste to get out of the room. Nicole you still have a pretty good aim at it though and it is wounded so you do have a good chance to shoot it down before it have a chance to get out into the hallway where it could cause trouble.

(OOC: Yeah I am pretty out of it still since yesterday so I am not at my best either and might be a little slow with responding so I completely . I hope you feel better soon though Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Anja's Post:

'Oh no you fucking don't.' Nicole stated coldly, quickly aiming to shoot the fleeing Slick down.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:52 pm

You aimed at the fleeing creature and hit him in the back, it chittered desperately and vanished, the bullet he ha been hit with falling to the ground, the floor was full of bullets now.

There appeared to be some of the creatures live out in the hallway but the magi out there seamed to have it well in hand while there where two of the creatures beating on the far wall inside Hannah Larson's room trying to get out through the portal that had once been there, for now they where no danger but they probably would be when they calmed down, other than that the battle seamed pretty much over and other than one wounded on the ground and some minor bruises and wounds your side seamed to have done fairly well.

"Good shot."
The hippie with the dagger commented as she wiped the blade off on her skirt and put it back in her belt.
"That is it we won right? Though I guess we are going to have to check the Chantry."
She commented and Jeffry who had been glancing at the wounded woman on the floor nodded.
"The Chantry and our wards have to be checked top to bottom Miss Rozzo."
He confirmed.

(OOC: You did 2 lethal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Suddenly the portal started flickering like and old TV and then it vanished, there was a feeling like in an old man's home left behind mixed with the smell of freshly baked pastries, and after effect of George's spell.

The two terrified oil men ran to where the portal had been and started beating on the wall, desecrate to get away, terrified by something inside their own minds.

"Dammit, I was hoping they would run into the portal before it closed." Serge said as he saw the panicking oil-men running around frantically with no place to retreat too.

The last spirit that was not terrified, the one fighting with Dr Lee and that Nicole had her gun aimed at panicked and ran out of the room and into the hallway in panic, nearly running down Dr Lee in it's haste to get out of the room. Nicole you still have a pretty good aim at it though and it is wounded so you do have a good chance to shoot it down before it have a chance to get out into the hallway where it could cause trouble.
Nicole wrote:'Oh no you fucking don't.' Nicole stated coldly, quickly aiming to shoot the fleeing Slick down.
You aimed at the fleeing creature and hit him in the back, it chittered desperately and vanished, the bullet he ha been hit with falling to the ground, the floor was full of bullets now.

"Oh thank god. That could've ended badly." Serge said nervously as it began to dawn on him that perhaps sending massive oil spirits on a fright-induced panic wasn't his best idea.

Their were still two oil-men left, but as Serge didn't have any effective way to injure them, he could do very little about them. Hoping that the many other combat-inclined mages would be able to deal with the frightened oil-men, Serge looked around, trying to see if he could help elsewhere.

Jeffry who had been glancing at the wounded woman on the floor nodded.
"The Chantry and our wards have to be checked top to bottom Miss Rozzo."
He confirmed.

"Where is Miss.Larson? We should probably make sure that she is all right. This can't have been a fun day for her." Serge inquired, looking around the room for Hannah Larson.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Anja's Post:

Jeremy's Post:

A tiny businesslike nod to the hippy and Serge, a quick scan of the room for active hostiles and then looked to Jeffrey. 'Orders?' lowering the pistol a little, but still ready for action.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Currently there where one oil man that Bianca was fighting with, one moving towards George and two who where fleeing and the portal was loosing integrity. The one going towards the Primus shot out a bit of a black tendril towards the old mage but Richard jumped in the way, the hit cut the skin on his chest but did not seam to do any damage probably the Akashic had ways to strengthen himself.
He moved to try to block the path to the Primus, then as the battle turned and the spirit was caught fighting with Nicole and Richard and seemed occupied he assisted Bianca with the spirit fighting her.
You shot at the spirit fighting with Bianca and it screamed and went down on it's knees. Bianca nodded to (Nicole) and went to work with her dagger, soon the creature vanished as if it had never been there leaving bullets and anything else that had hit it behind. The floor on the hallway and inside Hannah's room was full of spent bullets now.

There are only three oil men left now two of them fleeing and the other frozen in time. Suddenly the portal started flickering like and old TV and then it vanished, there was a feeling like in an old man's home left behind mixed with the smell of freshly baked pastries, and after effect of George's spell. There was a hint of a smile on the old mage's face when the portal closed but then he immediately rushed over to Dion to help Hildegard with healing her, he did not care about getting his blue robes dirty as he knelt down beside the wounded Chorister concern on his face.

Adley blinked as he suddenly had a vivid reminder of the pastries Erjne used to sneak out of the kitchen in the wake of the portal shutting. He then went to deal with the remaining spirits, since they were now essentially trapped. Until then he kept Dion and the others covered while they healed her and took a passing blow at the target trying to rush out of the room, assuming it was within reach.
"That is it we won right? Though I guess we are going to have to check the Chantry." She commented and Jeffry who had been glancing at the wounded woman on the floor nodded. "The Chantry and our wards have to be checked top to bottom Miss Rozzo." He confirmed.
"Let's get rid of these two," he said, looking for Harry and his cohort to see if they were busy working away. To him, it wasn't over until all the foes were dealt with and not a second before.
"Where is Miss.Larson? We should probably make sure that she is all right. This can't have been a fun day for her." Serge inquired, looking around the room for Hannah Larson.
"Someone send him the map, please," Adley requested.

// feel better

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Their were still two oil-men left, but as Serge didn't have any effective way to injure them, he could do very little about them. Hoping that the many other combat-inclined mages would be able to deal with the frightened oil-men, Serge looked around, trying to see if he could help elsewhere.

There was still some confusion, and there was a wounded woman on the floor being seen to by the Primus and Hildegard but other than that things seamed to be getting under control. Jeffry made one more fireball that he used to destroy one of the desperate oil men with as he made a disgusted look at their foulness.
"What troublesome visitors."
He grumbled.

"I do not know I suspect she might be in Master Sharaya's room or office for a complicated teleportation it makes sense he would return to where he is the most familiar I agree though we should find her as soon as possible and make sure she is safe, especially until we have checked all the wards we can not be sure that there can not come another attack."
Jeffry said as he turned to regard the young Cultist.
"Also not bad kid, you are not trained for combat are you? You handled yourself acceptable."
The old Hermetic said, he was usually not one to give the most glowing compliments.

A tiny businesslike nod to the hippy and Serge, a quick scan of the room for active hostiles and then looked to Jeffrey. 'Orders?' lowering the pistol a little, but still ready for action.

There where one more of the oil men trying to escape and some sounds that indicated tat out in the hallway a couple more was being finished of. The Security Chief looked over at Nicole and said.
"We are going to to end the rest of these uninvited guests I doubt they can be made to talk to trying to capture one would serve little purpose then we are going to split into teams to search the Chantry from attic to basement for intruders and check the wards, also we will have to check on Miss Larson and get Miss Blackwell here to her room once she have been healed, minor injuries can be dealt with later."
He said then then indicated you, Adley and Colin.
"If you three could start at the attic then I will send other teams to deal with the rest of the Chantry, if you could check on our guests there as well, and off course the wards...hum...better bring Mr Yager as well, he have proven he can be useful but keep him safe if there is an actual threat please, his Mentor would be most cross with me if I let the kid die."
He said as he turned to some of the others to start parting the group of magi into teams making sure each team had someone who could see spirits and also could check on the wards themselves.

He moved to try to block the path to the Primus, then as the battle turned and the spirit was caught fighting with Nicole and Richard and seemed occupied he assisted Bianca with the spirit fighting her.

You moved to help out with the spirit that Bianca was fighting but there was no need as Colin planted a bullet in it and the hedge witch finished it off with her dagger, Verbena really liked those daggers of theirs.

Adley blinked as he suddenly had a vivid reminder of the pastries Erjne used to sneak out of the kitchen in the wake of the portal shutting. He then went to deal with the remaining spirits, since they were now essentially trapped. Until then he kept Dion and the others covered while they healed her and took a passing blow at the target trying to rush out of the room, assuming it was within reach.

You did take a blow at the spirit running away just before Nicole shot it and it was ended. There was only one remaining spirit in here now one of the fleeing ones who was beating on the wall where the portal had been, his friend had just been burned away by your Mentor's fireball.

"Let's get rid of these two," he said, looking for Harry and his cohort to see if they were busy working away. To him, it wasn't over until all the foes were dealt with and not a second before.

Harry and the other spiderlings where working on the wards and where patching them back together with surprising speed, they seamed far more happy now that the portal was gone. Jeffry nodded and he begun to work on conjuring up another ball of flame to deal with the last spirit.
"I intend to mea filius."

"Someone send him the map, please," Adley requested.

"I will take care of it...hey new guy what is your phone number?"
Jon called from outside the room directed at Serge then he looked at Nicole.
"Hum new girl to it seams unless you are just visiting do you want to map one of my Traditionmates have cooked up as well?"
The thin young man with the mouse brown hair asked as he glanced in the doorway into Hannah's room at Nicole.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Nicole listened to the security chief impassively, then gave a firm nod, showing she understood. 'I need either a replenishment for this-' indicating the Eagle '-or another firearm. I am down to three/four rounds.' [Not exactly sure how many are left, but it's too low for any more sustained action].

On Jon's question, Nicole gave a quizzical look; not really understanding the question. 'Map?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Jeffry said as he turned to regard the young Cultist.
"Also not bad kid, you are not trained for combat are you? You handled yourself acceptable."
The old Hermetic said, he was usually not one to give the most glowing compliments.

"Thank you. I'm not trained for physical combat but my Mentor did teach me ways to really mess up a persons day just in case I was ever in a dangerous situation. Although I will admit, I got lucky..." Serge said nervously not really sure how to react to the compliments.

"I noticed how one of the spirits tried to run away when that lady shot it in the foot. I figured that if they could retreat when in danger that they either had a sense of fear or a sense of self-preservation. Turns out...they can feel fear, which was incredibly useful for me." Serge said looking down at his picture of the oil-men.

"If you three could start at the attic then I will send other teams to deal with the rest of the Chantry, if you could check on our guests there as well, and off course the wards...hum...better bring Mr Yager as well, he have proven he can be useful but keep him safe if there is an actual threat please, his Mentor would be most cross with me if I let the kid die."
He said as he turned to some of the others to start parting the group of magi into teams making sure each team had someone who could see spirits and also could check on the wards themselves.

"I'll try and help any way I can." Serge said looking over at the elder mages a bit nervously, feeling a bit like a pup in a pack of wolves.

"What's in the attic anyways? I don't think I've ever been in there." Serge asked still not too familiar with the chantry's layout.

"I will take care of it...hey new guy what is your phone number?"
Jon called from outside the room directed at Serge then he looked at Nicole.

"Oh my number. Well it's...wait here it is." Serge said as he wrote down his number and showed it to Jon.

"I'm assuming their's something special about this map." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:31 pm

"I see poor kid. Well I am not fond of that ritual anyway I heard Beatrice scream...and scream...and scream and I could do nothing to help her, it is some ugly shit and it kind of creep me out."
Jon grumbled.
"I guess we are all going to have to take good care of your new apprentice then, if she is young enough perhaps she will be a good friend for little Jane..."
He asked but you thought the chance that Hildegard would let her apprentice become friends with a former Nephandus to be about as likely as snow in hell.
Colin shook his head slowly, "She's barely a teenager... but no, I do not think Madame Gottschalk will approve of such a friendship. Miss Olsen, though - that's another story. At least according to what Anna told her at the door a few minutes ago."

"Hum...I see well that...is good I assume, new friend of yours then?"
He asked and shrugged.
"My Mentor used to feed spirits cookies from websites, then again my teacher have always been a bit odd, he taught me a little bit about them though."
He nodded, "We met him in the Chicago labyrinth when we raided it. I was able to offer him a new Name to replace the one the Fallen had destroyed... He accepted it, and was remade, unbroken. I was lucky, really."

As you aimed at the spirit inside of Miss Larson's room Adjan finished of one of the two remaining spirits out in the hallway and the other one was not moving anymore you suspect Ryan's time magick was holding it still.
"Yeah the Nephandi getting what they want would suck and it would not be nice if we lost someone we had sworn to protect either."
Jon muttered as he pointed his own gun at the frozen oil man and shot at it, the thing did not move at all or make a sound time just did not run the same way for it.

You shot at the spirit fighting with Bianca and it screamed and went down on it's knees. Bianca nodded to you and went to work with her dagger, soon the creature vanished as if it had never been there leaving bullets and anything else that had hit it behind. The floor on the hallway and inside Hannah's room was full of spent bullets now.

He exhaled slowly and made his way into the room over to Morgan, "Well, that seems to essentially wrap things up here... Orders, Sir?"

There where one more of the oil men trying to escape and some sounds that indicated tat out in the hallway a couple more was being finished of. The Security Chief looked over at Nicole and said.
"We are going to to end the rest of these uninvited guests I doubt they can be made to talk to trying to capture one would serve little purpose then we are going to split into teams to search the Chantry from attic to basement for intruders and check the wards, also we will have to check on Miss Larson and get Miss Blackwell here to her room once she have been healed, minor injuries can be dealt with later."
He said then then indicated you, Adley and Colin.
He nodded sharply, "Very good, Sir... I will need a word with you afterwards, concerning my apprentice and the downstairs guests, but that can wait a few more minutes, I think."

((OOC: Feeling better now. A lot better. A bit overly stuffed, perhaps, having eaten, but better than a flat battery. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Harry and the other spiderlings where working on the wards and where patching them back together with surprising speed, they seamed far more happy now that the portal was gone. Jeffry nodded and he begun to work on conjuring up another ball of flame to deal with the last spirit. "I intend to mea filius."

He nodded to him, letting out a huff of a sigh, exerted and looking peaky from strain but otherwise unharmed. Which was more than he could say about some of his chantrymates. He and looked to Dion and then out towards the door. Fran had taken a bad blow too he recalled. "The spiritlings can fix the wards here and then perhaps will work upwards as I saw them chewed away that direction...the guardian spirit that was at room (Antonio's room number) is gone, maybe they got in that way or it was the first to be alerted to them and try to fight them off."

"I will take care of it...hey new guy what is your phone number?" Jon called

"Thanks," he replied. "Send the numbers to me if you would."

He exhaled slowly and made his way into the room over to Morgan, "Well, that seems to essentially wrap things up here... Orders, Sir?"
He nodded sharply, "Very good, Sir... I will need a word with you afterwards, concerning my apprentice and the downstairs guests, but that can wait a few more minutes, I think."

"Yes sir," he agreed.

"What's in the attic anyways? I don't think I've ever been in there." Serge asked

"Where are attics usually located?" Adley said, looking upwards. "Thank you for all the help in that fight," he added with a nod to him and also Nicole. "Good to see you back, amicus, everything is taken care of?" he added as Colin stepped in. "I'm a bit slower, I can take point if you want to maintain the group closely or I can cover rear." He took his phone out and scanned the maps for anything sticking out, then over the next few floors for their route to see if it was clear, and also looked to see if Hannah and Narim, or at least two figures, had shown up in likely spots as his office or rooms.

// I forgot to roll the melee last round, not that dmg mattered but here is one up just for sake of what if a botch - 0, 5, 0, 7, 7, 8.

ooc2: glad to hear, Warp. Stuffed with good food is vastly improved : D

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:23 pm

Nicole listened to the security chief impassively, then gave a firm nod, showing she understood. 'I need either a replenishment for this-' indicating the Eagle '-or another firearm. I am down to three/four rounds.' [Not exactly sure how many are left, but it's too low for any more sustained action].

"I have more ammunition in my room but I might need my own weapon if I am sent anywhere to search the Chantry."
Francesca said and she scratched her head.
"Do you have any of your own weapons with you Miss?"

On Jon's question, Nicole gave a quizzical look; not really understanding the question. 'Map?'

"Yeah one of my Traditionmates...ehm I am a Virtual Adept...have made a map that show everyone alive and all spirits in the Chantry it seams, it works as an app on your phone, how long the program will last I do not know but for now it seams to be rather useful."
Jon said as he glanced into the trashed apartment seeing the young woman being healed on the floor he frowned and looked concerned.

"Thank you. I'm not trained for physical combat but my Mentor did teach me ways to really mess up a persons day just in case I was ever in a dangerous situation. Although I will admit, I got lucky..." Serge said nervously not really sure how to react to the compliments.

"I noticed how one of the spirits tried to run away when that lady shot it in the foot. I figured that if they could retreat when in danger that they either had a sense of fear or a sense of self-preservation. Turns out...they can feel fear, which was incredibly useful for me." Serge said looking down at his picture of the oil-men.

"Some spirits will feel fear just like we do, others have more alien feelings however luck is a big part of surviving combat Mr Yager, it seams your assessment worked."
Jeffry said simply and nodded.

"I'll try and help any way I can." Serge said looking over at the elder mages a bit nervously, feeling a bit like a pup in a pack of wolves.

"Good thank you Mr Yager."
The Security Chief said and nodded.

"What's in the attic anyways? I don't think I've ever been in there." Serge asked still not too familiar with the chantry's layout.

"Mostly storage space we have a meditation room up there and some small bedrooms for guests, we have a few guests at the moment and one prisoner though they might have been evacuated down to the cafeteria."
Jeffry informed you.

"Oh my number. Well it's...wait here it is." Serge said as he wrote down his number and showed it to Jon.

"I'm assuming their's something special about this map." Serge said with a smile.

Jon came over to you took the note and tapped the number into his phone and soon it pinged with a message.
"Yeah it shows a map of the Chantry making out all spirits and everyone live in here. Just install the app kid but as I said I do not know how long it will last."
The Virtual Adept said and shrugged.

Colin shook his head slowly, "She's barely a teenager... but no, I do not think Madame Gottschalk will approve of such a friendship. Miss Olsen, though - that's another story. At least according to what Anna told her at the door a few minutes ago."

"Hum...no you are probably right about that Miss Gottschalk can be a bit uptight at times."
He said and the Chorister singing inside of Hannah's bedroom made no sign that she had heard the Virtual Adept's remarks.
"Well Rosa can need a friend as well. I am not sure Ryan will be to happy about it though."
He said and nodded towards the Cultist who was finishing off one of the oil men a bit further down the corridor.

He nodded, "We met him in the Chicago labyrinth when we raided it. I was able to offer him a new Name to replace the one the Fallen had destroyed... He accepted it, and was remade, unbroken. I was lucky, really."

"Hum...you can give spirits new names? Well I guess that fellow is better of then."
Jon said and raised an eyebrow.

"I would like you, my filius, Miss Bouchard and Mr Yager to go up to the attic, make sure there are no uninvited guests and check on the wards we need to search the Chantry top to bottom."
Jeffry said.
"I will send other teams to the other floors, stay alert though just in case there are more uninvited guests."

"Very well Mr Wainwright once the attic is secured please come to my office if I am not there then just wait and I will be there shortly."
The old Hermetic agreed.

He nodded to him, letting out a huff of a sigh, exerted and looking peaky from strain but otherwise unharmed. Which was more than he could say about some of his chantrymates. He and looked to Dion and then out towards the door. Fran had taken a bad blow too he recalled.

Dion was still motionless on the floor as Hildegard and George worked on her but at least she was breathing. Francesca was limping and was holding a hand against her side where she had a broken rib and she was breathing a bit shallow but she was clearly intending to help out with searching the Chantry from what she said to the punk girl that you still did not now the name of, though your Mentor called her Miss Bouchard.

"The spiritlings can fix the wards here and then perhaps will work upwards as I saw them chewed away that direction...the guardian spirit that was at room (Antonio's room number) is gone, maybe they got in that way or it was the first to be alerted to them and try to fight them off."

Antonio nodded sadly at that and looked at Jeffry.
"Actually I would like to check on my guardian spirit if that is ok with you Sir."
He asked and Jeffry sigh.
"I know you do Adeptus Riez but for now though we move in groups, I will assign you with the group checking this floor though so it should get to your chambers soon enough."
The Security Chief said and the Scribe sigh but he nodded.
"I see the wisdom in that Sir..."
He hesitantly agreed. Jeffry turned to you and nodded.
"Good let the spiderlings work, and I will send someone to check if the enemy first made their entrance at Adeptus Riez's apartment."

"Thanks," he replied. "Send the numbers to me if you would."

"Sure thing."
Jon said and he wanted to see if he would get Nicole's number before he could send her and Serge's number to you.

"Yes sir," he agreed.

"Thank you mea filius, stay safe."
Jeffry said and he gave you a concerned look he could see that you looked sick and in pain but he did not want to embarrass you by asking about it in public.
"If you could drop by my office as well once the Chantry are secured I would appreciate it."
Your Mentor requested.

He took his phone out and scanned the maps for anything sticking out, then over the next few floors for their route to see if it was clear, and also looked to see if Hannah and Narim, or at least two figures, had shown up in likely spots as his office or rooms.

There where no dots in the attic save one blue dot for a spirit but that could be one of the many spirits that made their home in the Chantry. Other than that there where no one there and no one between your group and the stairs up to the attic that you could see in the end of the hall with your own eyes. You see one dot in Narim's office, a green human dot and another green human dot moving quickly back to stairs to get back to the fight to help, probably Narim himself who had ordered Hannah to stay behind where it was safe.

(OOC: Everything is better when stuffed with good food. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Anja's Post:

'Of course.' Nicole replied, a shade irritably, knowing that her tetchiness wasn't Francesca's fault and would be unfair to take it out on her. 'But they're in my car in the garage downstairs. If we swing past there first, I can pick 'em up.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a slightly friendly nod to the Adept. 'Sound idea. But my cell's in my coat, and can't remember where the hell I left it.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:06 am

Dion was still motionless on the floor as Hildegard and George worked on her but at least she was breathing. Francesca was limping and was holding a hand against her side where she had a broken rib and she was breathing a bit shallow but she was clearly intending to help out with searching the Chantry from what she said to the punk girl that you still did not now the name of, though your Mentor called her Miss Bouchard.

He frowned a little at Dion's state and then peered around for the Deaconess O'Conner. "Ah, what about her new...pets?"

"Mostly storage space we have a meditation room up there and some small bedrooms for guests, we have a few guests at the moment and one prisoner though they might have been evacuated down to the cafeteria."
Jeffry informed you.

"Oh you said what, not where, pardon," he said to Serge. "I had thought that was obvious, then again you never know..."

Antonio nodded sadly at that and looked at Jeffry. "Actually I would like to check on my guardian spirit if that is ok with you Sir."
He asked and Jeffry sigh. "I know you do Adeptus Riez but for now though we move in groups, I will assign you with the group checking this floor though so it should get to your chambers soon enough." The Security Chief said and the Scribe sigh but he nodded. "I see the wisdom in that Sir..." He hesitantly agreed. Jeffry turned to you and nodded. "Good let the spiderlings work, and I will send someone to check if the enemy first made their entrance at Adeptus Riez's apartment."

He gave Antonio a look of commiseration and then nodded to his pater. "Very well."

"Thank you mea filius, stay safe." Jeffry said and he gave you a concerned look he could see that you looked sick and in pain but he did not want to embarrass you by asking about it in public. "If you could drop by my office as well once the Chantry are secured I would appreciate it."

"I'll do that," he said. Noting the look on his pater's face he drew himself up a bit more. A fight like that, where he'd largely missed and to his senses stumbled about should not have as much effect on him, especially after spending time resting.

There where no dots in the attic save one blue dot for a spirit but that could be one of the many spirits that made their home in the Chantry. Other than that there where no one there and no one between your group and the stairs up to the attic that you could see in the end of the hall with your own eyes. You see one dot in Narim's office, a green human dot and another green human dot moving quickly back to stairs to get back to the fight to help, probably Narim himself who had ordered Hannah to stay behind where it was safe.

He showed his pater the map and the two dots, one moving towards them. "Someone should go...." he tapped at the office, where he thought Hannah probably was.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:37 am

"Hum...no you are probably right about that Miss Gottschalk can be a bit uptight at times."
He said and the Chorister singing inside of Hannah's bedroom made no sign that she had heard the Virtual Adept's remarks.
"Well Rosa can need a friend as well. I am not sure Ryan will be to happy about it though."
He said and nodded towards the Cultist who was finishing off one of the oil men a bit further down the corridor.
Colin smiled wryly, "I would not use that term about her, within earshot or not. Strict and disciplined, yes, and I completely understand if she'll be concerned for her apprentice's safety. Mr. Darehill... I think he'll come around. Miss Olsen is an adult, able to make her own decisions, after all."

"Hum...you can give spirits new names? Well I guess that fellow is better of then."
Jon said and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "I think it was more that I resonated with it - it used to be a sword spirit, working with a metalsmith and artificer. Now, that spirit is a chronicler, preserving the stories of people, rather than, well, carving them. It wanted a name to give it purpose, and I was lucky to come up with a suitable one... He'll be wary of letting others know his name, though, after the Fallen destroyed his old one..."

"I would like you, my filius, Miss Bouchard and Mr Yager to go up to the attic, make sure there are no uninvited guests and check on the wards we need to search the Chantry top to bottom."
Jeffry said.
"I will send other teams to the other floors, stay alert though just in case there are more uninvited guests."
He nodded, "Very good - Miss Adlebloom's map seems quite precise, but I suspect I could fool it with disturbing ease, and so could others..."

"Very well Mr Wainwright once the attic is secured please come to my office if I am not there then just wait and I will be there shortly."
The old Hermetic agreed.
He nodded, "By the way, Sir, a friend of mine, a spirit, is carving the biography of our troublesome prisoner on the basement wall. I will introduce you later, but if you could make sure no-one tries to banish him in the meantime?"
He glanced at George, "Also, I'll want a quick word with Master Steelhaven to verify something, too... I trust the delivery, but all the same, trust but verify..."
He grinned at Morgan, holding up the bag of sand, "A gift from my apprentice, see; she dropped by from the future bearing gifts... Please, touch the sand; it's a miracle."

"Where are attics usually located?" Adley said, looking upwards. "Thank you for all the help in that fight," he added with a nod to him and also Nicole. "Good to see you back, amicus, everything is taken care of?" he added as Colin stepped in. "I'm a bit slower, I can take point if you want to maintain the group closely or I can cover rear." He took his phone out and scanned the maps for anything sticking out, then over the next few floors for their route to see if it was clear, and also looked to see if Hannah and Narim, or at least two figures, had shown up in likely spots as his office or rooms.
He shrugged, "Not everything, but things are in a state to be easily finished up after the immediate crisis."
He frowned, "If you're a little worse for wear and slowed down, I want you up front. Never leave the slowest member of the squad to be rearguard."

He grinned at the sight of the little spiderlings roaming around to fix things and strengthen wards, "I can't quite get over how adorable the little fellows are..."

((OOC: Huh, I just realized, you never specified how large the bag is, did you. I have the mental image of something like a medium-sized cloth bag, roughly the size of a shopping bag, but that might be a bit off.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:52 am

Jeffry informed you.
Adley wrote:"Oh you said what, not where, pardon," he said to Serge. "I had thought that was obvious, then again you never know..."

Serge gave a slight chuckle, turned to Adley and said, "Honestly I probably would've asked that next. Who knows where a mysterious magickal attic could be hidden in a mage chantry? Behind a secret wall? Up an invisible staircase? Inside a pocket dimension? The possibilities are endless in this strange world of ours."

Jon came over to you took the note and tapped the number into his phone and soon it pinged with a message.
"Yeah it shows a map of the Chantry making out all spirits and everyone live in here. Just install the app kid but as I said I do not know how long it will last."
The Virtual Adept said and shrugged.

"That's sounds awesome." Serge said as he quickly pulled out his phone to the map app.

"Thank you for all the help in that fight," he added with a nod to him and also Nicole.

"No problem. It's the least I could've done." Serge said with a friendly smile. "Although I didn't do any actual fighting. Everyone else did most of the heavy lifting. I just stood back and drew some stuff that scared those spirits."

As Serge talked he made sure to look around the room, trying to find where his Uncle was just to make sure he was ok. He still remembered Ryan's warning that the Nephandi were looking for skilled chronomancers.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:08 am

Serge gave a slight chuckle, turned to Adley and said, "Honestly I probably would've asked that next. Who knows where a mysterious magickal attic could be hidden? Behind a secret wall? Up an invisible staircase? Inside a pocket dimension? The possibilities are endless in this strange world of ours."
"Does it count if the staircase can be turned invisible?" he joked. "But alas, it's just mundane and for the moment without any magick, located as you'd expect, under the roof."
"No problem. It's the least I could've done." Serge said with a friendly smile. "Although I didn't do any actual fighting. Everyone else did most of the heavy lifting. I just stood back and drew some stuff that scared those spirits."
"We don't have time for too many pleasantries, but my pater does not hand out compliments, you know and some say I take after him in some respects," he added as a bit of a joke. "You earned it and I agree. Without you using your mental ars on them, it would have been a much rougher battle. And you are quite handy in a fight, as well," he said directing a look to Nicole.
He glanced at George, "Also, I'll want a quick word with Master Steelhaven to verify something, too... I trust the delivery, but all the same, trust but verify..." He grinned at Morgan, holding up the bag of sand, "A gift from my apprentice, see; she dropped by from the future bearing gifts... Please, touch the sand; it's a miracle."
Adley gave Colin a confused look, then glanced back at the sack in his hand with a raised eyebrow.
He shrugged, "Not everything, but things are in a state to be easily finished up after the immediate crisis." He frowned, "If you're a little worse for wear and slowed down, I want you up front. Never leave the slowest member of the squad to be rearguard."
"I figured you'd say as much and it's good sense, front it is then." He checked to see if the spirit was in one of the occupied rooms, then put it away and exchanged his weapon to his gun and shuffled over to take the point. Walking seemed fine enough though running would likely be another matter.
He grinned at the sight of the little spiderlings roaming around to fix things and strengthen wards, "I can't quite get over how adorable the little fellows are..."
"They are, the way they stamp their little legs around..." He mimed it with his free hand, then added,"and quite helpful as well," he said with a sudden smile. "Ready when you are," he said, turning to head up the staircase. "There is one spirit up in the attic, though it might well belong there....best to check."

// which prisoner is up in the attic again, if Adley knows? I recall Kyle's parents up there. Thanks. Also, where is Mundi?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:38 am

Of course.' Nicole replied, a shade irritably, knowing that her tetchiness wasn't Francesca's fault and would be unfair to take it out on her. 'But they're in my car in the garage downstairs. If we swing past there first, I can pick 'em up.'

"Well I guess it is faster to drop by my room and for me to get my spare and get you some ammunition than for your group to go all the way back to the garage, we still have to go down to the second floor first then though."
Francesca said and sigh.
"But for the sake of efficiency that is better."

Nicole gave a slightly friendly nod to the Adept. 'Sound idea. But my cell's in my coat, and can't remember where the hell I left it.'

"In the corner lab in the basement."
Jon said looking down at his phone then he smiled a little apologetically and waved his phone as he explained.
"Ah...ehm...yeah I get a text with the location of anything someone do not know where is as long as it is within a certain radius of me."

He frowned a little at Dion's state and then peered around for the Deaconess O'Conner. "Ah, what about her new...pets?"

Jeffry frowned and looked in the larger woman's direction.
"Well she certainly can't keep them however Mistress O'Conner is both a Master of the Art and a Deacon of this Chantry she deserves a bit of respect I am not going to start arguing with her about it in front of members of the Chantry I will try to convince her to set the ehm...cats free in the Umbra later in privacy."

He gave Antonio a look of commiseration and then nodded to his pater. "Very well."

Antonio looked rather tired and drawn and loosing a spirit he cared about had not added anything good to that but he returned your look and then stood ready as Jeffry begun parting everyone into teams.

"I'll do that," he said. Noting the look on his pater's face he drew himself up a bit more. A fight like that, where he'd largely missed and to his senses stumbled about should not have as much effect on him, especially after spending time resting.

Jeffry still gave you a very concerned look but he said nothing for the time being, everyone had to do their part.

He showed his pater the map and the two dots, one moving towards them. "Someone should go...." he tapped at the office, where he thought Hannah probably was.

Jeffry glanced at the screen and nodded. Adjan spoke up and said.
"I can go and keep an eye on Miss Larson Master Morgan."
He offered and your Mentor smiled a little.
"Thank you Mr Terach I heard mention that my apprentice's group had to go with the group I send to the second floor for supplies so go with them down to Master Sharaya's office I want no one alone in the hallways until the Chnatry is secure."
The old Hermetic ordered and Adjan gave a short bow.
"As you wish Sir."
He agreed.

Colin smiled wryly, "I would not use that term about her, within earshot or not. Strict and disciplined, yes, and I completely understand if she'll be concerned for her apprentice's safety. Mr. Darehill... I think he'll come around. Miss Olsen is an adult, able to make her own decisions, after all."

"You are probably right to be honest though that Chorister kind of scare me, then again she have never really been preachy and she do seam to treat little Jane very well, and Rosa is indeed an adult so yeah your assessment of the situation might be correct indeed."
Jon said then he seamed to remember something you said earlier.
"Wait...wait...wait...you said your apprentice came to the door a few minutes ago but where she not a little kid and...ehm I do not understand."
The Virtual Adept looked rather confused.

He nodded, "I think it was more that I resonated with it - it used to be a sword spirit, working with a metalsmith and artificer. Now, that spirit is a chronicler, preserving the stories of people, rather than, well, carving them. It wanted a name to give it purpose, and I was lucky to come up with a suitable one... He'll be wary of letting others know his name, though, after the Fallen destroyed his old one..."

"I see. Well it is good the spirit is more happy now then."
Jon said and nodded approvingly.

He nodded, "Very good - Miss Adlebloom's map seems quite precise, but I suspect I could fool it with disturbing ease, and so could others..."

"Well that is why we are going to do a proper search of the Chantry to to bottom Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and glanced at the map on the phone.
"I never trusted such devices anyway."

He nodded, "By the way, Sir, a friend of mine, a spirit, is carving the biography of our troublesome prisoner on the basement wall. I will introduce you later, but if you could make sure no-one tries to banish him in the meantime?"

"I can find his essence down there and well...I guess mark him as a guest for the wards that is all I can do right now anyone looking at him would then see he is welcome we can inform everyone about him later."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well I guess writing on the basement walls are acceptable and they can always be fixed and this could be useful as well."
He muttered before he started doing hand gestures to cast a quick spell.

He glanced at George, "Also, I'll want a quick word with Master Steelhaven to verify something, too... I trust the delivery, but all the same, trust but verify..."

"It was your little student's future self that was at the door Mr Wainwright."
George said as he worked on Dion.
"I knew she would come today."

He grinned at Morgan, holding up the bag of sand, "A gift from my apprentice, see; she dropped by from the future bearing gifts... Please, touch the sand; it's a miracle."

Jeffry hesitated then he put his fingers to the sand and touched a pinch of it and his eyes widened.
"Oh my, it feels like the sawdust and metal filings of my mother's workshop all those years ago."
He whispered and his eyes got wet for a moment before he regained control and his hard, gruff exterior.
"What is this sand?"
He asked and raised an eyebrow.

One of the spiderlings the one that had been repairing your suit earlier looked at you, stomped it's tiny legs happily and continued working on the wards.

"That's sounds awesome." Serge said as he quickly pulled out his phone to the map app.

You see a map of the entire Chantry as well as lots of moving green and blue dots on your screen marking everyone spirit and human inside the building.

"The one who delivers support can be as important in a fight as the ones who actually delivers blows to the enemy."
The old man who the others referred to as the Deacon Primus said as he slowly stood and helped the pretty black woman he and Hildegard had been working on to her feet, the girl was waxy and looked rather out of it but she was alive.
"I would think with the games you like to play young one that you should be aware of this."
George said and gave you a warm smile.

As Serge talked he made sure to look around the room, trying to find where his Uncle was just to make sure he was ok. He still remembered Ryan's warning that the Nephandi were looking for skilled chronomancers.

You found Ryan just outside the room he gave you a bit of a nod when he saw you, he seamed a bit tired but ok.
"Are you hurt kid?"
He asked as he scratched his head.
"I sounds like you did well in there your Mentor will be pleased and then she will strangle me for letting you get into a fight in the first place!"

"I figured you'd say as much and it's good sense, front it is then." He checked to see if the spirit was in one of the occupied rooms, then put it away and exchanged his weapon to his gun and shuffled over to take the point. Walking seemed fine enough though running would likely be another matter.

The spirit was in the large hallways in front of the row of bedrooms, right by the window.

"They are, the way they stamp their little legs around..." He mimed it with his free hand, then added,"and quite helpful as well," he said with a sudden smile. "Ready when you are," he said, turning to head up the staircase. "There is one spirit up in the attic, though it might well belong there....best to check."

"Should we go to my room first to get ammo and such for your friend here?"
Francesca said and nodded towards Nicole.
"Me and my group is ready to go with Adjan down to the second floor now to put a guard on Miss Larson and to pick up those bullets before we start our search."
The Euthanathos said.
"Do you want to come with us?"
She asked and winced a little and pressed her hand towards her ribs again.

(OOC: The bag of sand is about the size of a book net. So it is not a shopping bag size but you have some in there.)

(OOC 2: Now that Lori and her Mentor have been taken back to their Chantry the only prisoner that was in the attic was Martha Cunningham. Mundi is by Adley's side I forgot about him in the fight sorry about that I have been a bit scatterbrained lately.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:02 am

Anja's Post:

A nod to this. 'Sounds like a plan.' Signalling with body language that she was ready to go.

Anja's Post:

'What... everything?' Nicole replied, raising an eyebrow.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:43 am

"You are probably right to be honest though that Chorister kind of scare me, then again she have never really been preachy and she do seam to treat little Jane very well, and Rosa is indeed an adult so yeah your assessment of the situation might be correct indeed."
Jon said then he seamed to remember something you said earlier.
"Wait...wait...wait...you said your apprentice came to the door a few minutes ago but where she not a little kid and...ehm I do not understand."
The Virtual Adept looked rather confused.
Colin grinned, "My apprentice was in her apparent sixties when she knocked on the door and greeted miss Olsen. And yes, she's a young girl now. She related future knowledge and materials to miss Olsen; I'm sure you can work it out from there."

"I see. Well it is good the spirit is more happy now then."
Jon said and nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "Moreso it is happy with its renewed lot in life."

"Well that is why we are going to do a proper search of the Chantry to to bottom Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and glanced at the map on the phone.
"I never trusted such devices anyway."
He smiled wryly, "It is no better, and no worse, than a similar magical map on parchment, really... The similarities are greater than the differences."

"I can find his essence down there and well...I guess mark him as a guest for the wards that is all I can do right now anyone looking at him would then see he is welcome we can inform everyone about him later."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well I guess writing on the basement walls are acceptable and they can always be fixed and this could be useful as well."
He muttered before he started doing hand gestures to cast a quick spell.
He nodded, quickly thinking downstairs, 'Engrave, my friend here is marking you as a guest for the wards. This will make sure no-one here sees you as unwelcome or an intruder.'
"Thank you, Sir. And yes, that particular story might lend some weight to having certain legal practices... softened."

Adley gave Colin a confused look, then glanced back at the sack in his hand with a raised eyebrow.
"It was your little student's future self that was at the door Mr Wainwright."
George said as he worked on Dion.
"I knew she would come today."
He nodded to George, "Thank you, Sir, that's all I needed to hear."

Jeffry hesitated then he put his fingers to the sand and touched a pinch of it and his eyes widened.
"Oh my, it feels like the sawdust and metal filings of my mother's workshop all those years ago."
He whispered and his eyes got wet for a moment before he regained control and his hard, gruff exterior.
"What is this sand?"
He asked and raised an eyebrow.
He smiled, "It's... On rare occasions, when a Fallen Avatar is gently coaxed back to the light, the untwisting of its aspects will make it grind away at itself; casting off residues of the process. I think... the best description is crystallized ephemera; quite literally the blood, sweat and tears of an Avatar restoring itself. And it is supposed to have some powerful antiqlippothic properties - it proved unpleasant to one of the oil slicks in the hallway; the kitten with white spots, in fact... We need to run a few experiments on the sand while we have it."

Serge gave a slight chuckle, turned to Adley and said, "Honestly I probably would've asked that next. Who knows where a mysterious magickal attic could be hidden in a mage chantry? Behind a secret wall? Up an invisible staircase? Inside a pocket dimension? The possibilities are endless in this strange world of ours."
He chuckled, "I don't think there are many secret walls or invisible staircases in this particular Chantry... but do let me know if you come across an applewood wardrobe with a lion motif."

He gave Serge a grin, "Speaking as a veteran, logistics and support are at least as important as the guys on the front line. Take your praise when you can - not everyone understands that much."

He nodded, "I'll bring up the rear. Mr. Yager, you're in the middle. The soft, juicy center, if you will... Hm, we might need to get you some firearms practice."

He frowned, "It seems likely that if one of our resident spirits was up there when the troubles here began, it would be huddled there until things calm down..."

One of the spiderlings the one that had been repairing your suit earlier looked at you, stomped it's tiny legs happily and continued working on the wards.
He smiled and gave the spiderling a little wave of the hand, then straightened himself - with as much dignity a man in a one-legged, one-sleeved suit could muster, and started shepherding Adley and Serge up the stairs, "Gentlemen..."

((OOC: A book net... Yeah, that sounds about right. So some 30x30x10 cm in size, and I'm guessing the bag's not full? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:43 am

A nod to this. 'Sounds like a plan.' Signalling with body language that she was ready to go.

Francesca nodded.
"I have been ordered with Dr Lee and Mr Darehill to go down to the second floor and check that all is ok there so we can drop by my room at the same time."
She said and walked over to the handsome Asian man and a tall, dark haired man who looked like he was the love child of a hippie and a rocker.

'What... everything?' Nicole replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah sort of but only things not people, it is a bit like this when you play a world of warcraft and you are walking into Orgimmar you see all the characters you walk around it seams like a huge area, but it is just code stored in a server park, it is the same with the real world it is all code stored in the same place but our own little limited human minds have no chance to process all that so we see it like there are space around us, I sort of get little bits of that code on my phone when someone mentions they are looking for something, it just happens."
The Virtual Adept commented.

Colin grinned, "My apprentice was in her apparent sixties when she knocked on the door and greeted miss Olsen. And yes, she's a young girl now. She related future knowledge and materials to miss Olsen; I'm sure you can work it out from there."

"I am thinking you need to get yourself some extra packs of headache pills and I think I need some as well. I mean I study Time but hell your life is complicated."
Jon said and smiled.

He nodded, "Moreso it is happy with its renewed lot in life."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that.

He smiled wryly, "It is no better, and no worse, than a similar magical map on parchment, really... The similarities are greater than the differences."

Jeffry raised an eyebrow and he looked rather skeptical at that.
"I still prefer an actual map I can touch on parchment but I can see how this thing can be useful even so."
He commented and glanced at the map.

He nodded, quickly thinking downstairs, 'Engrave, my friend here is marking you as a guest for the wards. This will make sure no-one here sees you as unwelcome or an intruder.'

"I am not an intruder."
Engrave thought in your mind his voice like a distant whisper.
"I am here because you called me."

"Thank you, Sir. And yes, that particular story might lend some weight to having certain legal practices... softened."

"Hum...yes well we are going to have to get a photographer to document the writing before we fix the walls we can hardly have the story of a Nephandus written on our basement walls permanently."
Jeffry said then he smiled.
"But yes it can be most useful, it is a interesting friend you have gotten yourself Mr Wainwright."

He nodded to George, "Thank you, Sir, that's all I needed to hear."

George smiles to you.
"She is a fine young woman Mr Wainwright.

He smiled, "It's... On rare occasions, when a Fallen Avatar is gently coaxed back to the light, the untwisting of its aspects will make it grind away at itself; casting off residues of the process. I think... the best description is crystallized ephemera; quite literally the blood, sweat and tears of an Avatar restoring itself. And it is supposed to have some powerful antiqlippothic properties - it proved unpleasant to one of the oil slicks in the hallway; the kitten with white spots, in fact... We need to run a few experiments on the sand while we have it."

"While Miss Florentine's case might prove such a thing is possible Mr Wainwright, something like this sand, where have you gotten it? Your future apprentice? Ah forgive me I could not help but overhear what you and Master Steelhaven where talking about."
Jeffry said and he looked down at the sand.
"Is this from her Avatar?"
He asked then he nodded.
"Agreed we are going to examine the sand properly when time allows, perhaps this can help...my new student."

He chuckled, "I don't think there are many secret walls or invisible staircases in this particular Chantry... but do let me know if you come across an applewood wardrobe with a lion motif."

"A Verbena at my former Chantry used one of those as a focus to step into the Umbra...I never caught the reference."
Jon commented and scratched his head.
"Well whatever works I guess."

He smiled and gave the spiderling a little wave of the hand, then straightened himself - with as much dignity a man in a one-legged, one-sleeved suit could muster, and started shepherding Adley and Serge up the stairs, "Gentlemen..."

"It seams your group are going to the attic first so you have to choose if you want to go with them or come down to my room with me for more ammunition."
Francesca said to Nicole and shrugged.
"Well in either case hopefully you are not going to need allot of bullets."

(OOC: That would be the size yes, the bag is not full let us say it is two thirds full. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next