Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 7 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Adley Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm

"How is that a better option for me? Will it get your group to let me go? Get them to not Gilgul me? How exactly would betraying my own Labyrinth in any way be a better option for me? I am sure it is a better option for you but it is not for me, I am sure you are going to torture me, but I am not going to give you bastards anything"

"Do you really want the world to end, for example, tomorrow?" he asked her.

"I guess I am going to have to enjoy my magick and power until the universe ends then, for this world have to go." She muttered.
"Not that I expect you to understand that Traditionalist but it just have to and yes I have some...urges now, and they are disturbing but they are a small price to pay to see the truth."

"That's rather a selfish view. Like a child who would rather destroy or throw away a toy than let others have a chance to play with it except terrifyingly applied to the universe...what about all the other people in this world, your mentor and cabal from before? Isn't there something you would rather do or see or have in this world? And the problem of power, well...your leaders have a time table that you may not agree with...it always seems as if later is a better time to end the world, when it comes down to it, when you're 'done with it.' That's ridiculous, you know...the world may need changing, evolution, but all we have and are is already here. The power you sought you already had, but could not wait...and now your abilities are based in annihilation. As an Etherite, weren't you interested in creating things? Exploring, or developing new ideas to try out?"

She said in a tone of voice as if she was trying to convince herself rather than you. "They are a small price to pay.

"No, they aren't. And you know it."

"O...ok..." The Nephanda said and she begun to shuffle along again but she still looked rather shook up

He was quiet for a while keeping an eye on what was going on, for a few moments.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 7 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded with a frown, "Paradox backlashes so bad one grows new... organs, it's certainly worth investigating from both a magical and medical perspective..."

"Ah yes that certainly do sound like it would be a medical challenge to treat, I will look into it Mr Wainwright."
Mona agreed politely.

He nodded, "She was... and subsequently executed painlessly. As for you, no, I'm quite certain you'll avoid that fate. You'll get an excellent lawyer, and you've got precedent on your side, remember?

"Are you sure Sir that I am not going to be...that...I have had nightmares about it for so long...what...what if the precedent is not enough since I have been in a Labyrinth what if...if..."
Kyle muttered as he looked at you and he looked rather terrified.
"What if I get sentenced...I can't live without my magick I can't..."
He said and he sounded rather desperate and terrified.

And that part of her... lives on as part of me, for as long as I'm around."

"That is sort of nice, that part of her lives on, that it is not all just gone..."
Kyle muttered he was still looking rather glum.

He nodded.

Richard carefully applied a generous glob of the numbing cream to Kyle's back, the young widderslainte did not wake up he was still rather groggy from the sedation, it could take a few hours with him drifting in an out of sleep before it was completely out of his system.

He nodded, "She should be in Boston; she's Freddy's regular therapist, so that certainly indicates a local office."

"It is good Freddy is getting therapy...I should not be discussing her but I am glad she is getting such aid and I will ask about her therapist's name then."
Richard said and nodded.

He grinned wryly, "I am part amused and worried about any interaction between him and Deaconess O'Connor, actually - they both seem to thrive in a world slightly off-axis to our own. The outcome of their discussing magic could be either glorious or terrifyingly alien... Probably the former, though."

"Or a bit of both. Well at least the Deaconess is kind, alien yes and she can be terrifying in her own way but she is kind, even if she is hard to understand, I wonder if it is true that she have an non human creature in her family tree."
The Akashic muttered.

Adley:

"Do you really want the world to end, for example, tomorrow?" he asked her.

"If I thought it would return to non existence and not just end then yes, but I also think that some of the plans in play in this city while they might achieve the latter will not accomplish the former and that I do not want."
Sierra said and sigh.

"That's rather a selfish view. Like a child who would rather destroy or throw away a toy than let others have a chance to play with it except terrifyingly applied to the universe...what about all the other people in this world, your mentor and cabal from before? Isn't there something you would rather do or see or have in this world?

"It is not like that...I honestly think that a state of non existence is better for everyone, accomplishing that would be helping this entire world, an yes while this world exist there are many things I want and I do wish my former Mentor and Cabal well...I do but non existence is not death it is...something else."
Sierra muttered stubbornly.

And the problem of power, well...your leaders have a time table that you may not agree with...it always seems as if later is a better time to end the world, when it comes down to it, when you're 'done with it.' That's ridiculous, you know...the world may need changing, evolution, but all we have and are is already here. The power you sought you already had, but could not wait...and now your abilities are based in annihilation. As an Etherite, weren't you interested in creating things? Exploring, or developing new ideas to try out?"

"I would like non existence as soon as possible though once it is achieved time will no longer matter as it will not exist, as for my magick yes i have to admit that when I got out of the Caul...and a stint in the Labyrinth infirmary afterwards to recover and I discovered how it worked now, that my science no longer created that was...terrifying but again it is a small price to pay an I still make new rotes and such and new ideas."
She protested.

"No, they aren't. And you know it."

Sierra did not reply she just gave you a sullen look.

He was quiet for a while keeping an eye on what was going on, for a few moments.

The Nephanda did not speak either she just shuffled along for a while looking down clearly still uneasy over the topic of the Caul but she settled down after a while.

(OOC: No mana for you perhaps your Planeswalker had mixed up our dear green serum for cream in his coffee this morning. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:02 pm

"If I thought it would return to non existence and not just end then yes, but I also think that some of the plans in play in this city while they might achieve the latter will not accomplish the former and that I do not want."

"Of course I don't agree with nonexistence, but if those plans you don't want in play as you call them are a reason to tell us what you were up to," he said. "then that's why I say cooperation is for the better, for all of that is for that plan."

"It is not like that...I honestly think that a state of non existence is better for everyone, accomplishing that would be helping this entire world, an yes while this world exist there are many things I want and I do wish my former Mentor and Cabal well...I do but non existence is not death it is...something else."

"It wouldn't be helping anything, for there would no no-thing. Non existence is worse than death, for you never were, never will be, there's nothing to compare it to, for there is nothing. The world is not helped by not being, it is gone. No one can look and say things are better, for there is no better. There is no worse. There is not. It is an un-state of un-being."

"I would like non existence as soon as possible though once it is achieved time will no longer matter as it will not exist, as for my magick yes i have to admit that when I got out of the Caul...and a stint in the Labyrinth infirmary afterwards to recover and I discovered how it worked now, that my science no longer created that was...terrifying but again it is a small price to pay an I still make new rotes and such and new ideas."

"If you got your way, nothing would matter, there would be no thoughts for no minds would think, no new ideas for no beings would exist, no new anything, no old anything to revamp, improve or renew. To try again, you could not for there is no you, or again. Nor any place to see it come to fruition. It's not a small price to pay. Whatever you think you are making, you are unmaking. That is selfish, for while you conserve your efforts to your own liking, you demand that it is taken away from the entire universe. Your avatar once would not have wished such a goal, before. Even now, you are afraid for your avatar's fate - well, if you got your way, your soul, your avatar, all that would also be gone."

The Nephanda did not speak either she just shuffled along for a while looking down clearly still uneasy over the topic of the Caul but she settled down after a while.

"Why did you want power? There must have been some reason; few people want power without some direction to apply it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:03 pm

"Yes, the Dreamspeakers know how to travel between dreams, some others do as well, it is a wondrous an often dangerous world to explore."
Mara confirmed.

"Do you know how to do it? Travel between dreams?" Serge asked innocently.

"Oh it is a beautiful place, where imagination rules, it lies between soul and form, between dream and the waked state, the whole of it are contained on the petal of a flower and yet it's vastness can not be measured."
The Deaconess said and smiled.

"That sounds like the type of world I would love to live in!" Serge said with a sparkle of excitement in his eyes. The world the Deaconess described sounded exactly like the type of world that Serge longed for.

"How often do you go there?" Serge asked.

"There are portals but often the keys are moods, when you feel wonder and there is a feeling of magick in the air, and you allmost thing you see shapes in the shadows that in when the world of the fae are near."

"Sounds like the type of place that children would be able to see easily. Their always in a state of child-like wonder and they believe in magick more readily than anybody." Serge commented, wondering if he had ever seen the world of the fae when he was alone in his bedroom watching tv.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Adley:

"Of course I don't agree with nonexistence, but if those plans you don't want in play as you call them are a reason to tell us what you were up to," he said. "then that's why I say cooperation is for the better, for all of that is for that plan."

"No...I have nothing to say the Traditions are the enemy."
Sierra said firmly and shook her head.

"It wouldn't be helping anything, for there would no no-thing. Non existence is worse than death, for you never were, never will be, there's nothing to compare it to, for there is nothing.

"Such a state is perfection, it is beautiful it is just you who do not understand Traditionalist."
Sierra said and now she smiled a little.

The world is not helped by not being, it is gone. No one can look and say things are better, for there is no better. There is no worse. There is not. It is an un-state of un-being."

"There would be nothing better and nothing worse that is true there would exist nothing and yet in that everything could potentially be, it is a state of absolute wonder and perfection."
The Nephanda protested.

"If you got your way, nothing would matter, there would be no thoughts for no minds would think, no new ideas for no beings would exist, no new anything, no old anything to revamp, improve or renew. To try again, you could not for there is no you, or again. Nor any place to see it come to fruition.

"Nothing would exist but until that is achieved I can create new things and new ideas, but yes when the world is unmade there is be nothing and even that concept will cease to be, it will be as if existence never stirred."
Sierra said religiously.

It's not a small price to pay. Whatever you think you are making, you are unmaking. That is selfish, for while you conserve your efforts to your own liking, you demand that it is taken away from the entire universe.

"How is it more selfish than any other kind of what you call magick it is still using my Enlightened will to create change though the devices I make and manipulate."
Sierra protested.

Your avatar once would not have wished such a goal, before. Even now, you are afraid for your avatar's fate - well, if you got your way, your soul, your avatar, all that would also be gone."

The Nephanda looked like if she had not considered that before and she paled a little.
"But he...is eternal...and...he can't be gone...he can't...I mean..."
She stuttered.

"Why did you want power? There must have been some reason; few people want power without some direction to apply it."

"Part of it was curiosity I wondered how far I could go, what I would be able to do, and also the smaller Chantries and Cabals in my area was constantly under attack by the Union, I needed to do something to protect my friends."
Sierra muttered as she looked at the dark Umbral pathway she was walking on.

Serge:

"Do you know how to do it? Travel between dreams?" Serge asked innocently.

"In a way but not in the same was as the Dreamspeakers do it, but I can follow dreams and songs through the shared space of everything."
Mara said and nodded.

"That sounds like the type of world I would love to live in!" Serge said with a sparkle of excitement in his eyes. The world the Deaconess described sounded exactly like the type of world that Serge longed for.

"I wish I could teach you have to enter it young artist, all I can do is tell you how to look, the world of the fay have to accept you on it's own or perhaps you are the one who must accept it."
The large woman said and smiled.
"But do remember it is a world you can loose yourself in..."

"How often do you go there?" Serge asked.

"Who says I ever leave?"
She said with a mysterious smile.

"Sounds like the type of place that children would be able to see easily. Their always in a state of child-like wonder and they believe in magick more readily than anybody." Serge commented, wondering if he had ever seen the world of the fae when he was alone in his bedroom watching tv.

"Children often see our world and some of them wander into it as well, children have a belief and a wonder adults often loose, but in you child there might be enough innocence left to see what can only be seen if you can imagine that it is there."
Mara said and nodded, she lifted one of the oil cats up onto her ample lap and petted it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:02 pm

"No...I have nothing to say the Traditions are the enemy." Sierra said firmly and shook her head.

"The plans that she is laying even you don't agree with...think about it."

"Such a state is perfection, it is beautiful it is just you who do not understand Traditionalist." Sierra said and now she smiled a little.

"It's not a state so it cannot perfect. It is not. Perfection implies a condition that cannot be improved, yet the fulfillment of your wish would be the opposite for there is no condition at all," he reasoned.

"There would be nothing better and nothing worse that is true there would exist nothing and yet in that everything could potentially be, it is a state of absolute wonder and perfection."

"Again, it is not a state. It is nothing, not-potential. There is no wonder."

"Nothing would exist but until that is achieved I can create new things and new ideas, but yes when the world is unmade there is be nothing and even that concept will cease to be, it will be as if existence never stirred."
Sierra said religiously.

"There is a fundamental wrongness in that...deep down..."

"How is it more selfish than any other kind of what you call magick it is still using my Enlightened will to create change though the devices I make and manipulate."

"Because this is not just your own existence. And while I would weep for your avatar's loss having Fallen and think it is a great loss to our reality that your soul no longer remembers itself, your desire denies existence for everyone, everything...from those that have no choice, or unawakened to those that are...how can you say that taking away all that is is not a selfish endeavor when there are so many others that are in existence? Could you look at your former mentor or cabal and say, yes I will take all that you loved and care for away, for I think it is better that we never knew how we loved one another, or cared...or lived, that existence and all we have done should not be?"

"But he...is eternal...and...he can't be gone...he can't...I mean..." She stuttered.

"Why would you think that there could be something in your search for nothing? That is a wrong of the caul...your avatar once knew and may yet know, but through you..."

"Part of it was curiosity I wondered how far I could go, what I would be able to do, and also the smaller Chantries and Cabals in my area was constantly under attack by the Union, I needed to do something to protect my friends."

"And you think that by attacking other chantries that you're protecting them? That, going along with her plans, you're helping? Unlikely. You know what that woman is doing is wrong. You do have a chance right now to try to stop her...please think about that as part of what you could yet do."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:16 pm

"In a way but not in the same was as the Dreamspeakers do it, but I can follow dreams and songs through the shared space of everything."
Mara said and nodded.

"I can see what other people are dreaming of and I'm pretty sure I can traverse the dream realms....although I've never actually tried to do it and I don't think I'll ever get the opportunity to try it anytime soon " Serge said.

"I wish I could teach you have to enter it young artist, all I can do is tell you how to look, the world of the fay have to accept you on it's own or perhaps you are the one who must accept it."
"But do remember it is a world you can loose yourself in..."

"Then I'll have to keep my eyes and mind open and hope that the world of the fay accepts me....or that I can bring myself to fully accept them." Serge said with a smile.

"Who says I ever leave?"
She said with a mysterious smile.

The Deaconess's comment brought a sly smile to Serge's face and said, "Damn...that is a really good response."

He began to slightly glance around him slightly wondering if he could see the world of the fay around.

"Children often see our world and some of them wander into it as well, children have a belief and a wonder adults often loose, but in you child there might be enough innocence left to see what can only be seen if you can imagine that it is there."

"I wonder if I ever wandered into that world as a child. I remember having so many different adventures in my head I bet I wouldn't be able to tell if one of them actually happened in real life." Serge wondered.

"My parents were never home so I doubt if they ever noticed if their child walked into another world." Serge said with a slight hint of sadness in his voice.

Mara said and nodded, she lifted one of the oil cats up onto her ample lap and petted it.

Seeing the cat again, Serge remembered Master Morgan's original request and then wondered out loud, "I wonder if Master Morgan's back?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Adley:

"The plans that she is laying even you don't agree with...think about it."

"It is true I may not much agreed with the actions of Larson's Labyrinth but that do not mean I will be betraying my own."
Sierra said and shook her head.

"It's not a state so it cannot perfect. It is not. Perfection implies a condition that cannot be improved, yet the fulfillment of your wish would be the opposite for there is no condition at all," he reasoned.

"You can not improve on nothingness so it is a state of perfection, it is perfect nothingness."
The Nephanda protested.

"Again, it is not a state. It is nothing, not-potential. There is no wonder."

"True enough once such a state is achieved there will be no wonder but before it is reached we can think about it with wonder."
Sierra said and smiled.

"There is a fundamental wrongness in that...deep down..."

"No it is not!"
The prisoner grumbled.

"Because this is not just your own existence. And while I would weep for your avatar's loss having Fallen and think it is a great loss to our reality that your soul no longer remembers itself, your desire denies existence for everyone, everything...from those that have no choice, or unawakened to those that are...how can you say that taking away all that is is not a selfish endeavor when there are so many others that are in existence?

"It is not selfish, though I guess it would not matter if it where, but it is not selfish because non existence is a wonderful thing."
Sierra said and she shook her head.
"You just don't understand!"

Could you look at your former mentor or cabal and say, yes I will take all that you loved and care for away, for I think it is better that we never knew how we loved one another, or cared...or lived, that existence and all we have done should not be?"

"I...I...don't want to answer that question."
Sierra said glumly and she looked away and seamed rather uneasy.
"Stop asking about that!"

"Why would you think that there could be something in your search for nothing? That is a wrong of the caul...your avatar once knew and may yet know, but through you..."

"But...no...well I but...there is something in a search for nothingness there is...enlightenment in it I know the truth now...I know the truth my Avatar he...he is happy I walk this path he have to be...I...do not want to discuss this either."
Sierra muttered and turned away again.

"And you think that by attacking other chantries that you're protecting them? That, going along with her plans, you're helping? Unlikely. You know what that woman is doing is wrong. You do have a chance right now to try to stop her...please think about that as part of what you could yet do."

"Once I joined the Nephandi I could not stay with my old Cabal...they became the enemy and I do regret that, which woman are you talking about though? And no I am not really helping but at least I loved to another Tribunal so I am not causing trouble for my old Chantry."
Sierra muttered and shrugged.

Serge:

"I can see what other people are dreaming of and I'm pretty sure I can traverse the dream realms....although I've never actually tried to do it and I don't think I'll ever get the opportunity to try it anytime soon " Serge said.

"Seeing dreams and traveling through dreams are two different things young artist, however why do you not think you will get a chance to explore this anytime soon, building the skill will take time off course but what you deicide to work towards is up to you."
Mara said.

"Then I'll have to keep my eyes and mind open and hope that the world of the fay accepts me....or that I can bring myself to fully accept them." Serge said with a nod.

"Do that child and and keep drawing that might be the key that will open the door to the eternal lands to you."
The Deaconess advices.

The Deaconess's comment brought a sly smile to Serge's face and said, "Damn...that is a really good response."

He began to slightly glance around him slightly wondering if he could see the world of the fay around.

Mara smiled at that. You looked around but everything looked normal just the hallway of a run down apartment building, or was it...perhaps it really was a corridor in a wast fortress with spires and a dragon guardian, perhaps seeing that lay just beyond the cold, sterile world seen with mundane eyes.

"I wonder if I ever wandered into that world as a child. I remember having so many different adventures in my head I bet I wouldn't be able to tell if one of them actually happened in real life." Serge wondered.

"What makes you think any of your adventures where not real young artiest, what makes what happens in your fantasy any less real than what your peers around you say they can measure, weigh and declare as reality. Oh yes child you have visited us before...many times."
Mara said and she smiled knowingly.

"My parents were never home so I doubt if they ever noticed if their child walked into another world." Serge said with a slight hint of sadness in his voice.

"Perhaps they would have not notices even if they saw either, sometimes a person will fully walk into our world other times only their dreams and imagination reach us while their body are still in the human lands."

Seeing the cat again, Serge remembered Master Morgan and then wondered out loud, "I wonder if Master Morgan's back?"

"Not yet...but he is on his way...we better prepare he is bringing a prisoner with him, and she will need a place to be kept as well as food and water."
The Deaconess said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 am

"Seeing dreams and traveling through dreams are two different things young artist, however why do you not think you will get a chance to explore this anytime soon, building the skill will take time off course but what you deicide to work towards is up to you."
Mara said.

"Uhhh...I dunno. I guess I don't really expect anyone to let me enter their dreams anytime soon." Serge said. Serge wasn't even sure if he could train his magickal without his mentor around.

"What makes you think any of your adventures where not real young artiest, what makes what happens in your fantasy any less real than what your peers around you say they can measure, weigh and declare as reality. Oh yes child you have visited us before...many times."
Mara said and she smiled knowingly.

"They were real to me. Very real." Serge said with a shrug.

"But everyone around me always told me that I was wasting my time in a fake world. Mr teacher, my classmates, even the homeless people I passed by on the way home." Serge said remembering his less than ideal childhood.

"Of course I know better now. But still, sometimes when I close my eyes I can still see the scorn in their eyes and hear their voices echoing in the back of my head."

"Not yet...but he is on his way...we better prepare he is bringing a prisoner with him, and she will need a place to be kept as well as food and water."
The Deaconess said.

"Oh really!" Serge said surprised, not expecting them to return so soon.

"Yeah I guess we should go and prepare. Wait does that mean I have to make more food for a prisoner...again." Serge groaned not expecting to have to make another meal for another Nephandi.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:16 am

"It is true I may not much agreed with the actions of Larson's Labyrinth but that do not mean I will be betraying my own."
Sierra said and shook her head.

"You already have."

"You can not improve on nothingness so it is a state of perfection, it is perfect nothingness." The Nephanda protested

"It's not a state, therefore, it is not perfect. It is not," he continued to assert. "It has no quality, it has no excellence. It has no glory."

"True enough once such a state is achieved there will be no wonder but before it is reached we can think about it with wonder."
Sierra said and smiled.

"You realise how ironic it is that it "fills" you with wonder, when what you want is to fundamentally remove existence?"

"It is not selfish, though I guess it would not matter if it where, but it is not selfish because non existence is a wonderful thing."
Sierra said and she shook her head. "You just don't understand!"

"It's not wonderful. There is no wonder. No state. No any thing. It is selfish to desire remove other people's existences, to destroy all that is, ever was...all the people that are..."

"I...I...don't want to answer that question." Sierra said glumly and she looked away and seamed rather uneasy. "Stop asking about that!"

"You don't want to answer it because you know the answer and you don't like it. Imagine if you saw your most treasured person, or the thing that you most enjoyed making...and said, yes it was better if that never was, if nothing ever was, that I should never make or know another person, and not just me, but no future for any of us, either, for our avatars, for humanity, how wonderous that you should be less than a memory...less than a shadow within my heart. You know the answer."

"But...no...well I but...there is something in a search for nothingness there is...enlightenment in it I know the truth now...I know the truth my Avatar he...he is happy I walk this path he have to be...I...do not want to discuss this either."

"This is not a time to lie to yourself. Think back to the time that you built something before...what did he say to you then, when you felt that touch or word or...well, I am not sure how he spoke to you, but you do. Surely there was joy in your creations. In your relations. In being."

"Once I joined the Nephandi I could not stay with my old Cabal...they became the enemy and I do regret that, which woman are you talking about though? And no I am not really helping but at least I loved to another Tribunal so I am not causing trouble for my old Chantry."
Sierra muttered and shrugged.

"Then you can't really claim you joined for the power to preserve them as you've done nothing but undermine them. You aren't naive enough to believe that you aren't causing or haven't caused them problems. You very much are causing trouble for not only your old chantry, but everything...everyone. You don't even want to follow that woman's orders, or believe her plans are worthwhile ones..." He sighed, keeping a close eye on her and what was going on around them. He was concerned now that there was still something they'd missed about the angel-spirit, and let it percolate around in the back of his mind until it made sense.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 am

Serge:

"Uhhh...I dunno. I guess I don't really expect anyone to let me enter their dreams anytime soon." Serge said. Serge wasn't even sure if he could train his magickal without his mentor around.

"Entering the dream of another can be a violation of their being yes but the world of dreams is greater than that, it is a wast world where there are little bubbles that are individual dreams but where the structure itself is not the dream of any one person but a joined dream that belong to everyone, that you can explore as you wish."
Mara said.

"They were real to me. Very real." Serge said with a shrug.

"And then young artist they where real."

"But everyone around me always told me that I was wasting my time in a fake world. Mr teacher, my classmates, even the homeless people I passed by on the way home." Serge said remembering his less than ideal childhood.

"Of course I know better now. But still, sometimes when I close my eyes I can still see the scorn in their eyes and hear their voices echoing in the back of my head."

The Deaconess nodded sadly and reached out with her large hand to pat yours gently.
"And this is how the fay world dies and how children forget the wonder they are born with. I am sorry you had to experience this young artist. Now of course it is useful to have enough of a foot in this world that you can navigate it, your physical body needs food and shelter you need to be able to give it that, your allies in this world need to to be able to talk to them but that do not mean you have to give up your wonder or that the cold, dark, determined reality of adults is all you need see. Keep your wonder child."
Mara said and she gave you a warm smile.

"Oh really!" Serge said surprised, not expecting them to return so soon.

"Yeah I guess we should go and prepare. Wait does that mean I have to make more food for a prisoner...again." Serge groaned not expecting to have to make another meal for another Nephandi.

"You have not ben given a task young artist it will be up to you if you wish to help with this or not, I am simply telling you our allies are on their way with a prisoners, and imagine it yourself if some enemy king's knights had captured you, what would be more likely to make you wish to cooperate, a cold dungeon floor or a few blankets and a meal? Whatever or not to help arrange this though is your choice."
She said as she gently put the kitten on the floor an stood.

Adley:

"You already have."

"No I have not I have told you nothing asshole!"
Sierra exclaimed angrily.

"It's not a state, therefore, it is not perfect. It is not," he continued to assert. "It has no quality, it has no excellence. It has no glory."

"Now you are just being pedantic are you a Hermetic? I bet you are a Hermetic they are always pedantic, well whatever or not it is a state don't matter it is perfect anyway!"
The Nephanda grumbled. Adjan wo was making up the rear of the group tried not to give an amused smile at that, he really did try.

"You realise how ironic it is that it "fills" you with wonder, when what you want is to fundamentally remove existence?"

"No I see no irony in this, the concept fills me with wonder now where we have a reality off course there will be no wonder or anything else when we reach non existence but right now we are not non existent and so can feel wonder what is so ironic about that?"
Sierra challenged.

"It's not wonderful. There is no wonder. No state. No any thing. It is selfish to desire remove other people's existences, to destroy all that is, ever was...all the people that are..."

"No it is not and you are just being pedantic again it is wonderful and that is that, it is how it should be, and no one will be sad about it for no one will exist."
She protested.

"You don't want to answer it because you know the answer and you don't like it. Imagine if you saw your most treasured person, or the thing that you most enjoyed making...and said, yes it was better if that never was, if nothing ever was, that I should never make or know another person, and not just me, but no future for any of us, either, for our avatars, for humanity, how wonderous that you should be less than a memory...less than a shadow within my heart. You know the answer."

The Nephanda looked away.
"I but...well...I..."
She muttered and shook her head.
"No but I..."
She tried.

"This is not a time to lie to yourself. Think back to the time that you built something before...what did he say to you then, when you felt that touch or word or...well, I am not sure how he spoke to you, but you do. Surely there was joy in your creations. In your relations. In being."

"I would see him in electrical current the light would blink around me and I would know he was there or I would feel static electricity touch my fingertips in ways I understood as communication, and he was joyful when I created he was but he...do not appear that was anymore now he is shout circuits that break apart my machinery and when he comes as static electricity he hurts my fingers or he is that annoying high pitched whine in some electrical devices, but I can still hear him and understand him I can understand what he want to say with these electrical irregularities."
Sierra muttered.

"Then you can't really claim you joined for the power to preserve them as you've done nothing but undermine them. You aren't naive enough to believe that you aren't causing or haven't caused them problems.

"I...wanted to protect them but yes you are right once I had...become a Nephandus there was nothing I could do for them and I do regret that."
The Nephanda muttered sadly.
"Is my old Cabal an my Mentor going to find out what...I am...when I am put on trial I mean...will they be told?"
She asked and glanced up at you.

You very much are causing trouble for not only your old chantry, but everything...everyone. You don't even want to follow that woman's orders, or believe her plans are worthwhile ones..." He sighed, keeping a close eye on her and what was going on around them. He was concerned now that there was still something they'd missed about the angel-spirit, and let it percolate around in the back of his mind until it made sense.

"I am not following a woman's order, I am following the order of the Gilledian of our Labyrinth and he is a man...ehm...well was a man at some point now I am not really sure what he is but he is a he, two of the Prelati are woman though so I guess they could be a her but how would you know which of the Prelati the order trickled down through I was told by our head Adsinistratus who is also male."
Sierra asked and she looked rather confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:45 am

"No I have not I have told you nothing asshole!" Sierra exclaimed angrily.

"You turned your back on the other Etherites, your mentor, your cabal and your avatar and joined the Nephandi."

"Now you are just being pedantic are you a Hermetic? I bet you are a Hermetic they are always pedantic, well whatever or not it is a state don't matter it is perfect anyway!"

"People say pendant as if it is a bad thing," he tsksed. "It means precise...the connotation of it has come to mean overly concerned with minutia, but we're talking about reality itself here and your desire to unmake it. The details are important. It can't be perfect because it's not an it."

"No I see no irony in this, the concept fills me with wonder now where we have a reality off course there will be no wonder or anything else when we reach non existence but right now we are not non existent and so can feel wonder what is so ironic about that?" Sierra challenged.

"Because you need the existence of something in order to even conceive a thing, to wonder about it."

"No it is not and you are just being pedantic again it is wonderful and that is that, it is how it should be, and no one will be sad about it for no one will exist."

"There would be no joy either. No delight. You'd steal people's futures, their pasts, their present. It is not how it should be...you did not find it so before."

"I but...well...I..." She muttered and shook her head. "No but I..."

"You know the answer."

"I would see him in electrical current the light would blink around me and I would know he was there or I would feel static electricity touch my fingertips in ways I understood as communication, and he was joyful when I created he was but he...do not appear that was anymore now he is shout circuits that break apart my machinery and when he comes as static electricity he hurts my fingers or he is that annoying high pitched whine in some electrical devices, but I can still hear him and understand him I can understand what he want to say with these electrical irregularities."

"What he says now and how he says it is different because of the trauma," he said carefully.

"Is my old Cabal an my Mentor going to find out what...I am...when I am put on trial I mean...will they be told?" She asked and glanced up at you.

"I'm not sure who they are, so I can't say for sure."

"I am not following a woman's order, I am following the order of the Gilledian of our Labyrinth and he is a man...ehm...well was a man at some point now I am not really sure what he is but he is a he, two of the Prelati are woman though so I guess they could be a her but how would you know which of the Prelati the order trickled down through I was told by our head Adsinistratus who is also male."

"A man 'at some point'?" he asked. Some of this wasn't adding up but as she was unintentionally volunteering bits and pieces, he kept trying to figure it out. However, disturbingly it sounded as if there was yet another labyrinth at work. "It's interesting that you think that you're not working for her. I'm wondering if she feels the same way...or perhaps they are getting their orders from her," he mused.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:46 am

The Deaconess nodded sadly and reached out with her large hand to pat yours gently.
"And this is how the fay world dies and how children forget the wonder they are born with. I am sorry you had to experience this young artist. Now of course it is useful to have enough of a foot in this world that you can navigate it, your physical body needs food and shelter you need to be able to give it that, your allies in this world need to to be able to talk to them but that do not mean you have to give up your wonder or that the cold, dark, determined reality of adults is all you need see. Keep your wonder child."
Mara said and she gave you a warm smile.

"Don't worry I will keep my wonder. Adult Reality hasn't stopped me before and it won't stop me now." Serge said reassuringly.

"You have not ben given a task young artist it will be up to you if you wish to help with this or not, I am simply telling you our allies are on their way with a prisoners, and imagine it yourself if some enemy king's knights had captured you, what would be more likely to make you wish to cooperate, a cold dungeon floor or a few blankets and a meal? Whatever or not to help arrange this though is your choice."
She said as she gently put the kitten on the floor an stood.

Serge nodded in agreement, "Definitely the blankets and a meal. It made the first prisoner I saw a lot more talkative as well."

Serge stood up with the Deaconess, "And I wanna help. I'm not doing anything right now and besides, I need to see Master Morgan anyways."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:28 am

Adley:

"You turned your back on the other Etherites, your mentor, your cabal and your avatar and joined the Nephandi."

"I know I betrayed...my Cabal and my Mentor but I did not betray my Labyrinth nor am I going to betray it!"
She declared.

"People say pendant as if it is a bad thing," he tsksed. "It means precise...the connotation of it has come to mean overly concerned with minutia, but we're talking about reality itself here and your desire to unmake it. The details are important. It can't be perfect because it's not an it."

"Oh yeah...definitively a Hermetic."
Sierra grumbled.
"I don't care what you call it, non existence is perfect whatever word you think is the right one to describe it Mr I-Have-Read-So-Many-Books-I-Shit-Dictionaries."

"Because you need the existence of something in order to even conceive a thing, to wonder about it."

"I do not need to wonder about it once nothing exist."

"There would be no joy either. No delight. You'd steal people's futures, their pasts, their present. It is not how it should be...you did not find it so before."

"I do not need joy I need nothingness."
She muttered stubbornly.
"My Avatar says so."

"You know the answer."

Sierra looked away sadly and did not reply.

"What he says now and how he says it is different because of the trauma," he said carefully.

"I...never wanted to hurt him..."
The young Nephanda muttered.
"He have always been there for me."

"I'm not sure who they are, so I can't say for sure."

"So if I never give my full name or tell you where I lived then they will never need to find out..."
Sierra said hopefully.
"I can stay just...disappeared, I guess some of them suspected but they do not need to have it confirmed."

"A man 'at some point'?" he asked.

"You now...mutations, they happen, and for the oldest and most powerful of us they tend to happen allot."

Some of this wasn't adding up but as she was unintentionally volunteering bits and pieces, he kept trying to figure it out. However, disturbingly it sounded as if there was yet another labyrinth at work. "It's interesting that you think that you're not working for her. I'm wondering if she feels the same way...or perhaps they are getting their orders from her," he mused.

"Doubtfully if the her you are referring to are Lisa Larson, my Labyrinth are concerned about her activities, very concerned and helping her would be out of the question."
Sierra grumbled.
"I mean do you even know what the rumors say she is planning on doing?"
She said then she glanced at you.
"Well no off course you don't because you are a Traditionalist so go fuck yourself but no I am not working for Larson!"
She said as if that was an insult.

Serge:

"Don't worry I will keep my wonder. Adult Reality hasn't stopped me before and it won't stop me now." Serge said reassuringly.

"That is good to hear, such a talented boy. Well if you have any trouble here at Steelhaven young one come to me and I will try to help you."
The Deaconess promised.

Serge nodded in agreement, "Definitely the blankets and a meal. It made the first prisoner I saw a lot more talkative as well."

"Kindness often loosen more tongues than torture young artist, and it leaves less of a stain on the soul."
Mara said and nodded.

Serge stood up with the Deaconess, "And I wanna help. I'm not doing anything right now and besides, I need to see Master Morgan anyways."

"Very well thank you, why don't you then go to the basement and see if you can arrange for a space for our prisoner, talk with the guards there and find some blankets for her, and I will make a meal for both her and for our guards down there they can need some as well and as any adventurer know s a tired, hungry guard is the first who slips up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:46 am

"I don't care what you call it, non existence is perfect whatever word you think is the right one to describe it Mr I-Have-Read-So-Many-Books-I-Shit-Dictionaries."

"You're missing my point on purpose. But I rest my case for now."

"I do not need joy I need nothingness." She muttered stubbornly. "My Avatar says so."

"It didn't before."

"I...never wanted to hurt him..." The young Nephanda muttered. "He have always been there for me."

"You did though, when you did that. I'm sorry that it is so, that is why he is different now. Why he feels different...why you crave nothing so forcefully against all reason."

"So if I never give my full name or tell you where I lived then they will never need to find out..." Sierra said hopefully. "I can stay just...disappeared, I guess some of them suspected but they do not need to have it confirmed."

"You're not that naive."

"Doubtfully if the her you are referring to are Lisa Larson, my Labyrinth are concerned about her activities, very concerned and helping her would be out of the question." Sierra grumbled.

"Oh really? Then why were you hanging outside, hrm?"

"I mean do you even know what the rumors say she is planning on doing?" She said then she glanced at you. "I mean do you even know what the rumors say she is planning on doing?" She said then she glanced at you.

"Why don't you tell me?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:02 am

Well... Tane said after looking at the clock I belive it's time for me to get going, so i'll take you to the containtment cells. I hate it, but we can't really stretch our forces further and you need to be accompanyed. SO... leave me these books and i'll take you to the  cells, alright?

((Sorry, posted in the last thread as an ass... How much have you all advanced?))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:19 am

"Ah yes that certainly do sound like it would be a medical challenge to treat, I will look into it Mr Wainwright."
Mona agreed politely.
Colin nodded, "As will I... not only to keep my own apprentice safer."

"Are you sure Sir that I am not going to be...that...I have had nightmares about it for so long...what...what if the precedent is not enough since I have been in a Labyrinth what if...if..."
Kyle muttered as he looked at you and he looked rather terrified.
"What if I get sentenced...I can't live without my magick I can't..."
He said and he sounded rather desperate and terrified.
Colin shook his head, "I'm pretty damn sure. You were only in a Labyrinth under extreme duress, and you never really joined them. Being in a Labyrinth for a little while is not in itself a legal issue, I think... and you're getting the best lawyer you could ask for, scary though he might be..."

"That is sort of nice, that part of her lives on, that it is not all just gone..."
Kyle muttered he was still looking rather glum.
He nodded, "It's never all gone... there's always going to be something remaining - Avatars are eternal beings, and it is arrogant in the extreme to believe Mages could ever completely destroy them."
He frowned, "Most of the lingering pieces are not quite aware, though, which makes them dangerous to be near... for most Magi."

"It is good Freddy is getting therapy...I should not be discussing her but I am glad she is getting such aid and I will ask about her therapist's name then."
Richard said and nodded.
He nodded, "I will be referring Anna to her, too... Looks like that particular Mage is getting a lot more work in the near future."

"Or a bit of both. Well at least the Deaconess is kind, alien yes and she can be terrifying in her own way but she is kind, even if she is hard to understand, I wonder if it is true that she have an non human creature in her family tree."
The Akashic muttered.
He nodded, "She is kind and gentle, absolutely. And if she doesn't have Summer Court Fae in her family tree, no more than one or two generations removed, I would be greatly surprised. Hum, assuming the Fae actually use the summer and winter court distinction, that is. I ought to ask..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am

Adley:

"You're missing my point on purpose. But I rest my case for now."

"You make no sense!"
Sierra muttered angrily.

"It didn't before."

"No...he did not before, he spoke of endless flow and creation before, flowing though the electrical currents...he was beautiful, so beautiful."
The Nephanda said an sigh.
"But...but what I saw...in the Caul it have...have to be the truth it have to."
She muttered desperately.

"You did though, when you did that. I'm sorry that it is so, that is why he is different now. Why he feels different...why you crave nothing so forcefully against all reason."

"No...I did not hurt him I could not have...I would never!"
Sierra shouted then she gave you a hurt look.
"Why don't you just torture me instead of saying these things to confuse me."
She whimpered.

"You're not that naive."

"I don't want them to know!"
She muttered and looked away.

"Oh really? Then why were you hanging outside, hrm?"

"I was ordered to find out why Larson is so bloody interested in your Chantry so I hung around all night trying to figure something out, when I felt Qlipothic magick from inside of the apartment building I confused your Umbrood so I could travel along the electrical wiring to try to gather intel while the wards where weakened."
Sierra said with a sigh.
"That is why I was outside.

"Why don't you tell me?"

"I can't my superiors would not want me to tell such things to a Traditionalist."
She said and shook her head.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "As will I... not only to keep my own apprentice safer."

"Your apprentice is Fallen...and so is this boy? Then there is a danger they will get such harsh effects of Paradox?"
Mona asked.
"Poor children, how would you treat something like that?"

Colin shook his head, "I'm pretty damn sure. You were only in a Labyrinth under extreme duress, and you never really joined them. Being in a Labyrinth for a little while is not in itself a legal issue, I think... and you're getting the best lawyer you could ask for, scary though he might be..."

"I am so afraid..."
Kyle muttered and looked down.
"So afraid...I hope you are right Sir that I will not be...but what...what if...if...you are wrong?"
He whimpered.

He nodded, "It's never all gone... there's always going to be something remaining - Avatars are eternal beings, and it is arrogant in the extreme to believe Mages could ever completely destroy them."

Kyle nodded at that he seamed to calm down a little but he was still uneasy.
"I guess that is a comfort Sir..."

He frowned, "Most of the lingering pieces are not quite aware, though, which makes them dangerous to be near... for most Magi."

"But...they are not dangerous for you Sir? Is that why my Avatar fear you, it is broken and yours want to devour it?"
He asked nervously and plucked at the blankets.

He nodded, "I will be referring Anna to her, too... Looks like that particular Mage is getting a lot more work in the near future."

"There will be allot of traumatized magi after this week, and we have far to few who can treat the mind after all the shit that can happen to us with Paradox, this war and all the rest."
Richard said and sigh.

He nodded, "She is kind and gentle, absolutely. And if she doesn't have Summer Court Fae in her family tree, no more than one or two generations removed, I would be greatly surprised. Hum, assuming the Fae actually use the summer and winter court distinction, that is. I ought to ask..."

"I do not know much about fae, it would be interesting to analyze some samples from the Deaconess but I doubt she would agree with that. Any questions you have about such creatures though I suspect she will have the answer to them, if you would understand the answer that is another matter you might leave feeling more confused than you where going in."
The Akashic said and grinned.

Tane:

Well... Tane said after looking at the clock I belive it's time for me to get going, so i'll take you to the containtment cells. I hate it, but we can't really stretch our forces further and you need to be accompanyed. SO... leave me these books and i'll take you to the cells, alright?

"It is ok."
The Nephanda said softly as she stood, wincing from her wound.
"I understand you can not just baby sit me all day."
Cadence looked a little scared and looked down.
"How am I...going to be treated?"
She muttered.

(OOC: Not a problem. Well we have gotten to about 8 in the morning. Colin is in the hospital with Kyle to figure things out about the magickal supression serum and Adley and Nicole have gone after a Nephandus seen outside the Chantry. Serge is talking with Deaconess O'Conner.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:53 am

"Your apprentice is Fallen...and so is this boy? Then there is a danger they will get such harsh effects of Paradox?"
Mona asked.
"Poor children, how would you treat something like that?"
Colin nodded, "They can... they have... and some of it can be treated surgically, I suppose, but it is not pleasant. My apprentice had a tail at one point; that was a... fairly mild mutation. All the same, it's best to help them avoid Paradox as far as possible."

"I am so afraid..."
Kyle muttered and looked down.
"So afraid...I hope you are right Sir that I will not be...but what...what if...if...you are wrong?"
He whimpered.
He smiled, "It's good to be afraid - let it keep you alert and ready to fight for your life. Just don't let it bring you around to defeatism. I've already changed one unpleasant future timeline for the better, and further improvements are underway. Making sure your good future stays on course should be quite manageable."

"But...they are not dangerous for you Sir? Is that why my Avatar fear you, it is broken and yours want to devour it?"
He asked nervously and plucked at the blankets.
He nodded, "Something like that... though 'devour' might not be the best description. More like seeing a pile of Lego bricks instead of a Lego building, and wanting to use the loose bricks to build more for herself. So it's not dangerous like it would be for others..."

"There will be allot of traumatized magi after this week, and we have far to few who can treat the mind after all the shit that can happen to us with Paradox, this war and all the rest."
Richard said and sigh.
He nodded, "And it will fall on those of us who have developed good coping skills over the years to keep an eye out for those who haven't, and make sure they get any help they need... It is as they say, the first kill is the hardest..."

"I do not know much about fae, it would be interesting to analyze some samples from the Deaconess but I doubt she would agree with that. Any questions you have about such creatures though I suspect she will have the answer to them, if you would understand the answer that is another matter you might leave feeling more confused than you where going in."
The Akashic said and grinned.
He frowned, "Oh, God, no, you don't want to ask her for tissue samples... Gifts from the Fae are dangerous to begin with, and asking for it - for something so personal... I can't in good conscience condone that. Asking her questions, though - might be more fruitful than you expect, so long as you keep in mind how the perspective differs."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Colin nodded, "They can... they have... and some of it can be treated surgically, I suppose, but it is not pleasant. My apprentice had a tail at one point; that was a... fairly mild mutation. All the same, it's best to help them avoid Paradox as far as possible."

"And actual tail? Oh my what did she do with the problem? Did she have it removed that can not have been plesant."
Mona said and looked at Kyle.
"I see well learning how to treat these children will be quite useful then."
She muttered.

He smiled, "It's good to be afraid - let it keep you alert and ready to fight for your life. Just don't let it bring you around to defeatism. I've already changed one unpleasant future timeline for the better, and further improvements are underway. Making sure your good future stays on course should be quite manageable."

Kyle nodded at that.
"Thank you...that are good advice Sir."
He said and he smiled a little though he still looked worried.
"So you think I will get a good future?"

He nodded, "Something like that... though 'devour' might not be the best description. More like seeing a pile of Lego bricks instead of a Lego building, and wanting to use the loose bricks to build more for herself. So it's not dangerous like it would be for others..."

"If there a chance she would harm me? Harm my Avatar?"
He asked then he looked down.
"Are my magick organ like a bunch of broken legos?"
He muttered then he nodded.
"It is good it is not so dangerous for you, to meet such fragments then."

He nodded, "And it will fall on those of us who have developed good coping skills over the years to keep an eye out for those who haven't, and make sure they get any help they need... It is as they say, the first kill is the hardest..."

Richard nodded at that.
"You are right my friend. I am concerned about for example Bee though, do you think she will ever get over what was done to her?"
He asked and he looked quite concerned.

He frowned, "Oh, God, no, you don't want to ask her for tissue samples... Gifts from the Fae are dangerous to begin with, and asking for it - for something so personal... I can't in good conscience condone that.

"You think the Deaconess will react badly to such a request?"
Richard asked and frowned.

Asking her questions, though - might be more fruitful than you expect, so long as you keep in mind how the perspective differs."

The problem is that her perspective often differs so much it is hard to understand it at all."
The Akashic commented.
"But it is worth a shot for more knowledge."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:20 pm

"And actual tail? Oh my what did she do with the problem? Did she have it removed that can not have been plesant."
Mona said and looked at Kyle.
"I see well learning how to treat these children will be quite useful then."
She muttered.
He nodded, "No, I don't imagine it was pleasant... even worse to get a functional eye removed from the leg..."

Kyle nodded at that.
"Thank you...that are good advice Sir."
He said and he smiled a little though he still looked worried.
"So you think I will get a good future?"
He smiled, "I think you have all the best chances - but you're still going to be your own man, so a lot of what happens will be entirely up to your own choices."

"If there a chance she would harm me? Harm my Avatar?"
He asked then he looked down.
"Are my magick organ like a bunch of broken legos?"
He muttered then he nodded.
"It is good it is not so dangerous for you, to meet such fragments then."
He shook his head, "No, she couldn't harm your Avatar; not directly, at any rate - though if someone did, she could pick up the pieces. And no, your magic organ is not like a bunch of broken legos... it was a mere simile. Have you heard the saying 'can't see the forest for all the trees'? That sort of thing."

Richard nodded at that.
"You are right my friend. I am concerned about for example Bee though, do you think she will ever get over what was done to her?"
He asked and he looked quite concerned.
He frowned and lowered his voice, "I... don't know. She'll perk up soon enough, but... depending on her choices, we might lose her just after New Year's... I will, of course, warn her when she is stronger, but... I'm not going to make that decision for her."

"You think the Deaconess will react badly to such a request?"
Richard asked and frowned.
He shrugged, "Honestly? For all I know, she might be delighted. But I've read enough about the Fae - fairy tales, Fantasy novels and folklore - to know that they take gift exchanges very, very seriously... and that they are not to be taken lightly by mortals."

The problem is that her perspective often differs so much it is hard to understand it at all."
The Akashic commented.
"But it is worth a shot for more knowledge."
He nodded, "Most certainly. For that matter, there is much to be gleaned from our mad guests, as well, once you get past the, hm, time difference."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:26 pm

Anja's Post:

'Look, I'm driving!' Nicole complained as Narim attempted to hand the weapons to her. 'Arn - need a weapon? Narim - can you hack the ECU of the tail-car? Kill that, then we'll hit the freeway - it won't be able to keep up!' she said with a grin.

[Sorry about the delay... RL ate me. Then I had to go and see explosions and fires]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Colin:

He nodded, "No, I don't imagine it was pleasant... even worse to get a functional eye removed from the leg..."

Mona glanced over at Kyle for a moment and her eyes widened a bit.
"Is this something that actually happened to someone? It must have been horrible, I hope they at least had proper anesthetic for the operation."
The nurse probably added two and two together with the boy's fear of being restrained.

He smiled, "I think you have all the best chances - but you're still going to be your own man, so a lot of what happens will be entirely up to your own choices."

"I will try to make good choices but I do not understand Sir how can my choices affect what the Tribunal decide to do with me?"
Kyle asked and he looked confused.

He shook his head, "No, she couldn't harm your Avatar; not directly, at any rate - though if someone did, she could pick up the pieces. And no, your magic organ is not like a bunch of broken legos... it was a mere simile. Have you heard the saying 'can't see the forest for all the trees'? That sort of thing."

"I think I understand what you mean about simile Sir, that being inside of me are still a little nervous around you though but I do trust that you do not mean us any harm, and I guess that if something where to happen I would prefer for something to remain...even if it was in another form."
The boy said and shivered.

He frowned and lowered his voice, "I... don't know. She'll perk up soon enough, but... depending on her choices, we might lose her just after New Year's... I will, of course, warn her when she is stronger, but... I'm not going to make that decision for her."

"I don't understand, we might loose her right over new year? Loose her to what? If you have gotten some sort of future vision then we are going to have to try to save her, we can not just sit back and let it happen!"
Richard said his eyes turned wide.

He shrugged, "Honestly? For all I know, she might be delighted. But I've read enough about the Fae - fairy tales, Fantasy novels and folklore - to know that they take gift exchanges very, very seriously... and that they are not to be taken lightly by mortals."

"Yeah but...do you think fairytales and fantasy novels actually have the truth about it Colin?"
Richard said and he seamed quite doubtful.

He nodded, "Most certainly. For that matter, there is much to be gleaned from our mad guests, as well, once you get past the, hm, time difference."

"Hum...yes I have been asked to check the health of the young Marauder girl our group rescued while you where in Chicago, I am going to have to do that when I am done here providing something else have not happened that need my attention in the meantime, I will get a chance to talk with them then..."
The Akashic said and nodded.

Nicole:

'Look, I'm driving!' Nicole complained as Narim attempted to hand the weapons to her. 'Arn - need a weapon? Narim - can you hack the ECU of the tail-car? Kill that, then we'll hit the freeway - it won't be able to keep up!' she said with a grin.

"Yes off course forgive me Miss."
Narim said. Arn spoke up.
"Well I have a weapon on me but I can take it for now."
He said and took the offered weapon.
"Thank you Master Sharaya."
Narim then considered what you had said and tapped at his phone more vigorously.
"I can certainly try."
He said as he focused on his phone and you noticed the dark blue car slowing down it looked like it had engine trouble and Narim smiled a little.

(OOC: Not a problem the game is not a race and real life do come first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 pm

'The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain'. Nicole quipped with a laugh. 'Now we need some good road to run on. Nearest freeway or fast main road?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Mona glanced over at Kyle for a moment and her eyes widened a bit.
"Is this something that actually happened to someone? It must have been horrible, I hope they at least had proper anesthetic for the operation."
The nurse probably added two and two together with the boy's fear of being restrained.
He frowned and shook his head slowly.

"I will try to make good choices but I do not understand Sir how can my choices affect what the Tribunal decide to do with me?"
Kyle asked and he looked confused.
He shook his head, "Think further ahead, son. Much further ahead. Your trial is but one speed bump in the near future, but if you pursue grief and misery, you will get that, whereas if you pursue contentment and comfort, that's what you will find."

"I think I understand what you mean about simile Sir, that being inside of me are still a little nervous around you though but I do trust that you do not mean us any harm, and I guess that if something where to happen I would prefer for something to remain...even if it was in another form."
The boy said and shivered.
He smiled thinly, "Who knows? Perhaps someday I will learn to build new, untwisted Avatars from the discarded remains of others... but I would not want to become a vulture, hanging around to profit from that abominable ritual. Not seeing it done to you, nor anyone else..."

"I don't understand, we might loose her right over new year? Loose her to what? If you have gotten some sort of future vision then we are going to have to try to save her, we can not just sit back and let it happen!"
Richard said his eyes turned wide.
He frowned, "I've already informed the Chief about a coming attack - what I know of date, who's attacking, the outcome - but I don't know enough to prevent it. In the original timeline, Bee dies in that attack, but that can be changed yet, if she wishes it. But here's the crucial thing - would she want to be shuffled away for her own protection while Steelhaven Hall is besieged? Would you? Would anyone else in the Chantry? She'll fight like a tigress in that future... and she'll pay the price if she does, but she saves so many others... In any case, I've started recruiting reinforcements; that might swing the battle differently, since in the original timeline it was a surprise attack..."

"Yeah but...do you think fairytales and fantasy novels actually have the truth about it Colin?"
Richard said and he seamed quite doubtful.
He smiled thinly, "The full truth and nothing but? No, of course not. But fantasy novels often rely heavily on the same sources - the fairy tales, the folklore, the Sleepers' warnings against the things that go bump in the night. Fairy tales were not made to make children afraid of monsters, so much as to show them that monsters can be fought. Look for the kernel of truth in the tales; chances are it's there. Sometimes hidden in allegory and metaphor... For example, I found a variant on the Princess and the Pea, implying it was not about neither a princess nor a pea... but a Fearie Queen and a ball of iron. The latter version could very well have happened, in fact..."

"Hum...yes I have been asked to check the health of the young Marauder girl our group rescued while you where in Chicago, I am going to have to do that when I am done here providing something else have not happened that need my attention in the meantime, I will get a chance to talk with them then..."
The Akashic said and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "I hope your Latin is up to snuff, then. Hm, I should like a word, as well..."

((OOC: Fires and explosions? So... The Foreigner with Jackie Chan? Kingsmen 2? Thor: Ragnarok? Some other film? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next