Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 9 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Anja's Post:

'Ooh, I really hope they run a trace on my plate, me.' Nicole replied with a little laugh. 'Pity I won't get to see their reaction.'

Anja's Post:

'Sound idea... but does that include stuff from Mirrorshades too? I like taking peeks at their stuff, I do.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 9 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Adley Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 pm

"I am sure...what I do is right it have to be." The Nephanda said but she did not sound sure.

"I think you can hear there is truth in what I'm saying. Something resonates."

Sierra looked away. "Ok...let us say you are right then...what can I do to...make him happy again?" She asked.

"Happiness...is not always the main goal, though joy and beauty and wholeness might be more accurate to what I am speaking about. Speak with him, remind him about those times from before. Maybe he can remember through you and his care for you."

"What do it matter if they are going to do...that to me...what do anything matter then?" The young Nephanda said and shivered she looked rather terrified.

"Don't you see? And I am not making light of it, but hear me out. What you feel right now is what others feel would likely feel if they were forced to face that utter destruction unto nothing that you so desperately seek. Sometimes death must happen even if we don't want  it to, and it's a deep sadness that comes with loss, but there is often still a chance for renewal, for remembrances. So back to before, you know the answer because you are facing the question yourself. There is still a part of you that naturally does not want to be destroyed and it causes you conflict."

"So you say but I think it is beautiful!" Sierra said stubbornly.

"Beauty comes from integration, not discord. From harmony, not unbalance. You have forgotten the difference between discord and beauty because you've lost your ability to appreciate certain qualities. Instead, you are trying to convince yourself that the world is only ugliness, because you cannot connect with those qualities of the universe anymore, you were cut off as it was excised from you. You have set a stone upon your heart. When you decided to follow and practice the path of sitra archa and went through, it fundamentally skewed your ability to perceive when you were returned."

"There is nothing more I have to say." Sierra muttered.

"Very well, Sierra. But think about what we talked about and if there's anything else you wish to say...I encourage you to say it."

// well, after this past two weeks, Adley's probably past stubble and working on a beard by now. And the stress of it all might turn a few of those hairs white lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Nicole:

'Ooh, I really hope they run a trace on my plate, me.' Nicole replied with a little laugh. 'Pity I won't get to see their reaction.'

Narim raised an eyebrow.
"Dare I even ask Miss?"
He said an grinned a little.

'Sound idea... but does that include stuff from Mirrorshades too? I like taking peeks at their stuff, I do.'

"There are no hard and fast rule but be careful when bringing something to the Chantry that have been in the possession of one of our enemies, either cast the rote yourself or call someone who can who can make sure the items can not be tracked magickally or used as a back door into the Chantry."
The Virtual Adept explained.

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Let's get back to that after the immediate crisis is sorted, shall we? It's complicated and uncomfortable, I'm sure - as is everything important."

Kyle sigh and nodded.
"I will do whatever is needed, not that the idea is not a little scary Sir but I will do whatever is needed to cleanse her."
He declared.

He nodded, "You could try to talk to her, you know - see if she answers."

"I am going to try to do that Sir but I am not sure how, do I just you know...ehm speak to myself? is not that a little creepy?"
Kyle said and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Good. Come what may, she'll be warned, she'll get to make her own decision, and we'll have her back."

Richard sigh and nodded before he looked up at the roof for a moment.
"Yeah...I guess there is little else we can do, but we are going to have her back, at least we can do that no matter what happens. Do you remember when Bee told us what...she is after Adley found out, she was so afraid we where all going to abandon her...we have to make sure she realize we are not going to do that, abandon her I mean, that we will stick my her and that she is a member of this Cabal no matter what."
He said with determination in his voice.

He nodded, "Who knows, we might even manage to get help from the lich I mentioned - she's a powerhouse, alright..."

"Hum...that would be very useful and might give our enemies a good kick in the rear to be sure, an nothing would be better than to kick the Union hard where it hurts."
Richard said and grinned.

He nodded, "I know - sudden beard-sprouting is just as silly as being suddenly water-soluble. The real thing can be an actual security risk as well as a personal hazard. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Magi who could not work their magic if someone invoked Christ next to them, for example."

"There probably are and my Mentor have a patient who get terrible pains in his body if anyone hammer a nail into his footprint, there are some rather nasty beliefs out there about what will work against mages or weaknesses we have."
Richard said and he sounded a bit concerned.
"Hopefully we will not all end up afflicted with them."

He grimaced, "That's part of why I cook from scratch. That bloody corn syrup is in everything... And you're welcome."

"Ah yes I hate the stuff, corn syrup I mean not your cooking. Truth to be told I cook mostly from scratch myself as well when I have the time, I am vegetarian so I hae to be careful to get a balanced diet."
He commented and nodded.

He nodded and glanced at his phone, "Hum, still a few minutes to go..."

Richard checked his watch and nodded.
"Yes but I can set the anesthetic now if you help turn him over on his side, he is still affected by the sedation it is no need to wake him up for this, hopefully the numbing cream will make sure he feels nothing of the lidocaine going in."
The Akashic said as he begun to prepare the shot of anesthetic. Kyle was still sleeping deeply with one hand holding onto the blankets, he looked innocent and vulnerable and with how pale he was, slightly creepy.

Adley:

"I think you can hear there is truth in what I'm saying. Something resonates."

"And what if something do...what do it matter now, do I really have to go to my doom questioning everything I have held dear, that makes it even worse!"
Sierra said and she sounded quite devastated.

"Happiness...is not always the main goal, though joy and beauty and wholeness might be more accurate to what I am speaking about. Speak with him, remind him about those times from before. Maybe he can remember through you and his care for you."

"I...I guess I can speak with him, but after that shot the bitch in combat boots gave me he feels fuzzy sort of. I mean I sort of feel im there inside me like a spark though I feel more around electrical equipment and wiring, but now it is like if everything is muted and that is actually rather...terrifying."
The Nephanda muttered and she glanced at you.
"Will he even hear me now?"

"Don't you see? And I am not making light of it, but hear me out. What you feel right now is what others feel would likely feel if they were forced to face that utter destruction unto nothing that you so desperately seek.

Sierra looked at you for a moment then she considered and sigh.
"I...I guess the thought of Entropic Deencion would scare many, but I do not really want to scare them, I just want this horrible world to end."
She muttered.

Sometimes death must happen even if we don't want it to, and it's a deep sadness that comes with loss, but there is often still a chance for renewal, for remembrances.

"I...I do not want to loose my Avatar, it is not a death that must happen it is not I do not want it to be remembered I want it to live!"
The young Nephanda shouted.
"You have no right to kill him...you have no right!"

So back to before, you know the answer because you are facing the question yourself. There is still a part of you that naturally does not want to be destroyed and it causes you conflict."

"I...I do not want to be...Gilgulled I...that is horrifying I do not know how to deal with the possibility, I might just loose my shit...but non existence is not the same as that it...just is not..."
She muttered softly and looked away.
"I can still be rescued right...it is not going to happen...I will be able to escape or be rescued or something...I am not really going to be...that? I...I can't be...not that!"
She begged desperately.
"Please there have to be some way out please..."
Sierra was struggling with herself not to start sobbing and she stwisted her hands in her bounds.

"Beauty comes from integration, not discord. From harmony, not unbalance. You have forgotten the difference between discord and beauty because you've lost your ability to appreciate certain qualities. Instead, you are trying to convince yourself that the world is only ugliness, because you cannot connect with those qualities of the universe anymore, you were cut off as it was excised from you. You have set a stone upon your heart. When you decided to follow and practice the path of sitra archa and went through, it fundamentally skewed your ability to perceive when you were returned."

Sierra was quiet for a moment then she muttered.
"How can there be goodness in the world or anything but filth when something like what was inside...the Caul...exist...you do not understand the agony...a thousand years of being thorn apart. violated...and shown..."
She fell quiet and stopped in her tracks again and turned very pale.
"There is nothing pure or good, there just is not."
She muttered softly and shook her head.

"Very well, Sierra. But think about what we talked about and if there's anything else you wish to say...I encourage you to say it."

"I am not going to say anything that might endanger my Labyrinth, but there is one thing Traditionalist, one of the rumors I heard was that the Aswadim targeted is one who have blood relatives alive today and I heard those blood relatives live in Chicago and that Larson's ritual would use a bit of their blood but like I said this is only rumors, talk around the giant wall penis sort of thing...ehm...yeah our sense of interior decoraton gets bit Giger..."
She said and shrugged.
"But an Aswadim having relatives...that would be something I am not even sure if I believe that I mean they are like gods."
Sierra said with awe in her voice.

(OOC: I would say such a Rchos would be worth 4 or 5 points yes far more than Adley's lack on an indoor voice.)

(OOC 2 sorry for my late reply I am having a slow day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 pm

"And what if something do...what do it matter now, do I really have to go to my doom questioning everything I have held dear, that makes it even worse!" Sierra said

"It still matters."

"I...I guess I can speak with him, but after that shot the bitch in combat boots gave me he feels fuzzy sort of. I mean I sort of feel im there inside me like a spark though I feel more around electrical equipment and wiring, but now it is like if everything is muted and that is actually rather...terrifying." The Nephanda muttered and she glanced at you. "Will he even hear me now?"

"Yes, he will hear you, I believe."

Sierra looked at you for a moment then she considered and sigh. "I...I guess the thought of Entropic Deencion would scare many, but I do not really want to scare them, I just want this horrible world to end." She muttered.

"Even if you think it is horrible, and there are parts that are, and it may feel that everything is so for you because of what you went through, quite literally, that doesn't mean you should deprive all of existence from opportunities for things to be improved, or changed or made different. For them to pursue beauty, or love or connections. For beingness."

"I...I do not want to loose my Avatar, it is not a death that must happen it is not I do not want it to be remembered I want it to live!"
The young Nephanda shouted. "You have no right to kill him...you have no right!"

"What you seek would undo your avatar for how can there be something in that nothing? Your path destroys all existence. That cannot be allowed, Sierra. The feeling of wanting to live is normal. It's shared by those that are alive in this world, those that would be, even the memories of those that have passed that we carry with us. Existence is, and wants to be, and always was, adhering to its natural cycle."

"I can still be rescued right...it is not going to happen...I will be able to escape or be rescued or something...I am not really going to be...that? I...I can't be...not that!" She begged desperately. "Please there have to be some way out please..." Sierra was struggling with herself not to start sobbing and she stwisted her hands in her bounds.

He looked over at her, and the bonds to see how they were holding up while they had talked to see if they needed to be fixed again, she was becoming frantic at the realisation that things were going poorly for her. "Please don't hurt yourself like that..."

"How can there be goodness in the world or anything but filth when something like what was inside...the Caul...exist...you do not understand the agony...a thousand years of being thorn apart. violated...and shown..." She fell quiet and stopped in her tracks again and turned very pale. "There is nothing pure or good, there just is not."

"We are not meant to be exposed to...that. It not only broke you both apart but deprived your avatar. The world has bad things and good things in it still, but now you cannot see it. It's like...losing part of your hearing and I am trying to describe the pitch you no longer hear. You can still understand there was a song, but it seems wrong, all out of joint. Try to use your memory of what it was like before..."

"I am not going to say anything that might endanger my Labyrinth, but there is one thing Traditionalist, one of the rumors I heard was that the Aswadim targeted is one who have blood relatives alive today and I heard those blood relatives live in Chicago and that Larson's ritual would use a bit of their blood but like I said this is only rumors, talk around the giant wall penis sort of thing...ehm...yeah our sense of interior decoraton gets bit Giger..." She said and shrugged. "But an Aswadim having relatives...that would be something I am not even sure if I believe that I mean they are like gods." Sierra said with awe in her voice.

He shook his head a bit at the image of standing around giant walls of flesh chatting...how he hated Labyrinth decor...instead of a water cooler. But he frowned at what she said. "Hrm..." He nodded to her a little as they walked along. As they came closer to home, he knew she could become more desperate and tried to stay ready for her making a sudden break. He wondered if she were the sacrificial lamb of that Labyrinth, the one sent to be the messenger, willing or not, to the other Factions so they could wash their hands of involvement.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:38 pm

"It still matters."

"Why do it matter? All it will do to question my beliefs is make my final hours worse."
Sierra muttered bitterly.

"Yes, he will hear you, I believe."

"I guess I can try to talk to him...but I would not even know what to say."
She muttered and sigh.

"Even if you think it is horrible, and there are parts that are, and it may feel that everything is so for you because of what you went through, quite literally, that doesn't mean you should deprive all of existence from opportunities for things to be improved, or changed or made different. For them to pursue beauty, or love or connections. For beingness."

"I...guess you are right that forcing Desencion on others might be wrong, but I still want to seek it for myself, perfect non existence from this world...after I was in the Caul nothing seam right, everything is cruel and cold and meaningless...who would want to stay in this existence?"
Sierra muttered and sigh.

"What you seek would undo your avatar for how can there be something in that nothing? Your path destroys all existence. That cannot be allowed, Sierra. The feeling of wanting to live is normal. It's shared by those that are alive in this world, those that would be, even the memories of those that have passed that we carry with us. Existence is, and wants to be, and always was, adhering to its natural cycle."

"It is not undoing it it is reaching Enlightenment in nothingness."
Sierra protested.
"You just do not understand!"

He looked over at her, and the bonds to see how they were holding up while they had talked to see if they needed to be fixed again, she was becoming frantic at the realisation that things were going poorly for her. "Please don't hurt yourself like that..."

The bonds where holding, duct tape where quite strong, the young Nephanda where really struggling now though.
"Please there...have to be...some way out of this...please don't let them...Gilgul me...please..."
She whimpered and finally she started sobbing.
"Please not that."
You noticed some of the other magi in your group glanced at the prisoner with compassionate though uneasy looks but there was little comfort that could be offered.

"We are not meant to be exposed to...that. It not only broke you both apart but deprived your avatar. The world has bad things and good things in it still, but now you cannot see it. It's like...losing part of your hearing and I am trying to describe the pitch you no longer hear. You can still understand there was a song, but it seems wrong, all out of joint. Try to use your memory of what it was like before..."

"I...remember wanting to create...the joy I felt the first time my devices worked. I remember these things, we hoped our Chantry would grow, one day I wanted to take an apprentice there...where so many things but now...everything is dark, and cold."
Sierra muttered and shook her head sadly.
"I...I...do not want to doubt my beliefs I do not want to..."
She said and she was getting more and more upset.

As they came closer to home, he knew she could become more desperate and tried to stay ready for her making a sudden break. He wondered if she were the sacrificial lamb of that Labyrinth, the one sent to be the messenger, willing or not, to the other Factions so they could wash their hands of involvement.

Sierra was silent as Jeffry lead the group back into the near Umbra and then the Pen Umbra of Steelhaven with it's torch lit corridors, much like Serge's drawings of a castle. Your Mentor begun the working to open a portal back into physical reality and Sierra looked even more uneasy and she backed away a bit.
"H...how soon will...will...that happen...how much time do I have? W...will it hurt? Please just let me go..."
She sobbed and she looked around in a panic.
"Just let me go please don't do that to me...please...."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Anja's Post:

'It'll send 'em to the Ford Museum. Pity they'll end up visiting it when it's closed, mind.' suppressing a giggle as she attempted to give a deadpan reply.

Anja's Post:

'True enough... I'll run all my finds past... whoever deals with such stuff before I add it to my "To Do Pile".
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:16 pm

"Why do it matter? All it will do to question my beliefs is make my final hours worse." Sierra muttered bitterly.

He frowned. "Sierra, if you hadn't questioned them already, even in some small way, some feeling you can't put your finger on, I don't know if you would be arguing for them the way you have been."

"I guess I can try to talk to him...but I would not even know what to say." She muttered and sigh.

"Start with something simple."

"I...guess you are right that forcing Desencion on others might be wrong, but I still want to seek it for myself, perfect non existence from this world...after I was in the Caul nothing seam right, everything is cruel and cold and meaningless...who would want to stay in this existence?"
Sierra muttered and sigh.

"Isn't there at least one thing, place or person that, right now, makes existence worthwhile?"

"It is not undoing it it is reaching Enlightenment in nothingness." Sierra protested. "You just do not understand!"

"No enlightenment because there is no light."

The bonds where holding, duct tape where quite strong, the young Nephanda where really struggling now though. "Please there...have to be...some way out of this...please don't let them...Gilgul me...please..." She whimpered and finally she started sobbing. "Please not that."

It wasn't that he didn't feel sadly for her fate. He certainly did but his hands were as tied as hers were if in a different way. She had walked through that caul, but met with the realisation of her end approaching was understandably terrified. "Calm down, please, you will only hurt yourself..."

"I...remember wanting to create...the joy I felt the first time my devices worked. I remember these things, we hoped our Chantry would grow, one day I wanted to take an apprentice there...where so many things but now...everything is dark, and cold."Sierra muttered and shook her head sadly. "I...I...do not want to doubt my beliefs I do not want to..." She said and she was getting more and more upset.

He nodded a little as she spoke about her hopes and then asked, "If it is dark and cold, what do you think you would have done, before to change that?"

Your Mentor begun the working to open a portal back into physical reality and Sierra looked even more uneasy and she backed away a bit. "H...how soon will...will...that happen...how much time do I have? W...will it hurt? Please just let me go..." She sobbed and she looked around in a panic. "Just let me go please don't do that to me...please...."

"I'm sorry Sierra, we can't let you go, but stepping through is not going to do...that to you either," he said to her. "We are not needlessly cruel to our prisoners," he added, still wary she was about to freak out and pull some move. He wished in some ways that she could be put to sleep so she would not fret, but perhaps she could make something of her time with her avatar. Even if it were not long...there was still more to her story than they knew, as well.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Nicole:

It'll send 'em to the Ford Museum. Pity they'll end up visiting it when it's closed, mind.' suppressing a giggle as she attempted to give a deadpan reply.

"I am afraid I do not understand the joke Miss."
Narim said and he seamed rather confused.
"You used license plates from a museum piece?"

True enough... I'll run all my finds past... whoever deals with such stuff before I add it to my "To Do Pile".

"Just bring them to me, I can take care of checking them out and if they are technomagickal I might know more about what effects they might have that could be a danger to us than most of the mystics."
Narim offered.
"Not that they are not good with their craft but they might not fully understand how we do things, and vice versa."

Adley:

He frowned. "Sierra, if you hadn't questioned them already, even in some small way, some feeling you can't put your finger on, I don't know if you would be arguing for them the way you have been."

"I...do not want to talk about this...you are only confusing me!"
Sierra replied angrily.

"Start with something simple."

"I...guess I could do that."
The Nephanda agreed.

"Isn't there at least one thing, place or person that, right now, makes existence worthwhile?"

"There was...but not anymore, all I have now are my Avatar and my magick...and I guess you bastards will not let me keep that."
Sierra hissed.

"No enlightenment because there is no light."

"What do light have to do with it?"
She asked sounding rather confused.

It wasn't that he didn't feel sadly for her fate. He certainly did but his hands were as tied as hers were if in a different way. She had walked through that caul, but met with the realisation of her end approaching was understandably terrified. "Calm down, please, you will only hurt yourself..."

Sierra did not calm down she struggled more and you heard her shoulders make sounds that indicated they where not to pleased about her efforts and she was probably badly bruising her wrists under the tape.
"I...don't want to be...please...there have to be some way to escape..."
She begged.

He nodded a little as she spoke about her hopes and then asked, "If it is dark and cold, what do you think you would have done, before to change that?"

"I do not know that there is anything I could have done...found problems and fixed them I guess, that is what I did, when something was broken I would put it back together again and fix it."
She muttered.
"But it helps little to fix a broken TV remote or you know help someone out with something when the world is shit!"

"I'm sorry Sierra, we can't let you go, but stepping through is not going to do...that to you either," he said to her.

"I did not assume the portal would do it my Avatar is not allergic to passing through the Gauntlet...if it even do that, I mean who knows on what plane they are on right...I...I was wondering when...would...how long do I have?"
Sierra muttered and she bit her lip until it bled as she sobbed.
"What is going to happen to me after...after it is done? And is it going to hurt?"
She asked and she sounded rather desperate and terrified.

"We are not needlessly cruel to our prisoners," he added, still wary she was about to freak out and pull some move. He wished in some ways that she could be put to sleep so she would not fret, but perhaps she could make something of her time with her avatar. Even if it were not long...there was still more to her story than they knew, as well.

"So you are not going to torture me just for fun but you will do so to get information from me and then you will kill my Avatar...how reassuring."
Sierra spat sarcastically, she looked around desperately for some way to escape while sobbing, she was beginning to look rather pale and unwell as her panic grew.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 pm

"That would mean setting up another guard team somewhere else, we do not have enough people for that."
Darrian said and he shook his head sadly.

"Dammit! That's so true too." Serge said.

"Hopefully Master Morgan can come up with something." Serge said, hoping the security chief had an alternative solution.

"He is at that, a spirit in the body of a dog that have agreed to join with my very being."
The alchemist said and nodded.

"Man I've always wanted a companion like that. Someone who's always by my side when I'm in need." Serge said with a smile as he petted Mundi.

The dog seamed happy to be petted and he wagged his tail and pressed his large head towards you.
"Cats have we gotten cats at the Chantry now Mr Yager?"
Darrian asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"Deaconess O'Conner's cats." Serge began to explain.

"During the fight upstairs with the giant slime monster and the oil man, the Deaconess turned two of the oil men into kittens. She's still playing them...much to Master Morgan's dismay. Serge said with a smile.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply. Some IRL stuff happened that I had to take care of)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:24 pm

"I...do not want to talk about this...you are only confusing me!" Sierra replied angrily.

"I am not confusing you."

"I...guess I could do that." The Nephanda agreed.

"Good. Start there..."

"What do light have to do with it?" She asked sounding rather confused.

"Quite a bit."

"I do not know that there is anything I could have done...found problems and fixed them I guess, that is what I did, when something was broken I would put it back together again and fix it." She muttered. "But it helps little to fix a broken TV remote or you know help someone out with something when the world is shit!"

"And now you think the world is broken and seek to unmake it, breaking it apart as you yourself have been so broken," he said sadly. "Isn't that the opposite of what you were once? But my question was meant to get at something simpler. If you are cold, you seek heat. If it is dark, you make a light. If the world is full of crap, stop making it worse for others, or less than worse."

I was wondering when...would...how long do I have?" Sierra muttered and she bit her lip until it bled as she sobbed. "What is going to happen to me after...after it is done? And is it going to hurt?...So you are not going to torture me just for fun but you will do so to get information from me and then you will kill my Avatar...how reassuring." Sierra spat sarcastically

"Sierra, we don't mistreat prisoners," he said, sounding suddenly tired and crestfallen. "What is likely going to happen is that you will be kept prisoner in a room, cared for the time being. People will probably come to speak to you, not unlike how I have been speaking to you though it could be about different things. I cannot say for sure, but that is what I think is likely. Further discussion on...that...can wait, you're already understandably upset and dwelling on it now won't help any. Please, don't hurt yourself..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Anja's Post:

'A compadre of yours went into the DMV's systems and changed my home address. Smith will get it, travel over to snatch - only to be standing outside the Museum. If we're really lucky they'll then follow my auto insurance records, which will lead 'em to a landfill just outside of Flint.' Nicole replied with a laugh. 'Old trick from The Blues Brothers - ain't you seen it?'

Anja's Post:

'Tell me about it...' Nicole started, then remembered who was sitting right behind her. 'You okay back there? Know there's not much space.' vaguely aware that between the lack of leg-space and competing for room with crates, boxes and the contents of her dufflebag couldn't be that... pleasant.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:56 pm

Serge:

"Dammit! That's so true too." Serge said.

"Hopefully Master Morgan can come up with something." Serge said, hoping the security chief had an alternative solution.

"I hope so as well, most likely he is going to have to send some of the prisoners to another Chantry or up to Horizon and for the Marauders...perhaps either release..."
Darrian lowered his voice.
"Or kill them..."

"Man I've always wanted a companion like that. Someone who's always by my side when I'm in need." Serge said with a smile as he petted Mundi.

"It is a beautiful bond, I feel that having a familiar is well worth the effort Mr Yager then again I am biased, Mundi is such a dear friend."
The alchemist said fondly.

"Deaconess O'Conner's cats." Serge began to explain.

"During the fight upstairs with the giant slime monster and the oil man, the Deaconess turned two of the oil men into kittens. She's still playing them...much to Master Morgan's dismay. Serge said with a smile

"Ah yes that is sure to make the Chief rather concerned...but oil men? What sort of creatures are that?"
Darrian asked.
"And I have to agree with the Chief are such ehm...transformed beings really safe to have around?"

Adley:

"I am not confusing you."

"Yes you are!"
Sierra protested.

"Good. Start there..."

"I...will do that..."
She agreed and nodded.

"Quite a bit."

"I just do not understand..."
The Nephanda said and she sounded frustrated.

"And now you think the world is broken and seek to unmake it, breaking it apart as you yourself have been so broken," he said sadly. "Isn't that the opposite of what you were once? But my question was meant to get at something simpler. If you are cold, you seek heat. If it is dark, you make a light. If the world is full of crap, stop making it worse for others, or less than worse."

"I guess it is the opposite of what I am, but all I know now is how to destroy."
Sierra said sadly.
"I...hum...well I guess you are right...I am not giving up my path I want non existence but I guess you are sort of right that it is wrong to force it on others."
She agreed hesitantly.
"I guess it is going to have to become a personal path instead."

"Sierra, we don't mistreat prisoners," he said, sounding suddenly tired and crestfallen. "What is likely going to happen is that you will be kept prisoner in a room, cared for the time being. People will probably come to speak to you, not unlike how I have been speaking to you though it could be about different things. I cannot say for sure, but that is what I think is likely.

"And what if I refuse to answer their questions?"
Sierra muttered.
"Well it do not matter I have been hurt before."
She said sadly and looked away, not seaming to fully believe you that she would be treated well and most likely not hurt.

Further discussion on...that...can wait, you're already understandably upset and dwelling on it now won't help any. Please, don't hurt yourself..."

"Not knowing if it will happen now within minutes or within days or weeks or months are not exactly making me calmer!"
Sierra shouted she was panicking and she was crying desperately. Jeffry had by now opened the portal and he looked at you.
"What if you take her down to the basement and have her secured, we have to many prisoners as there is but we are going to have to make due for now, I will see if your doctor Cabalmate is back we might want to have him tend to her, him or one of the Verbena healers."
The old Hermetic ordered as he stayed and kept the portal open waiting for everyone to pass through into the Chantry. Sierra was still backing away, her panic growing.
"No I do not want to be here...let me go please...please don't harm my Avatar...please...."
She begged hysterically and she looked rather weak and unsteady on her footing, if she was diabetic there could be other following medical concerns as well.

Nicole:

'A compadre of yours went into the DMV's systems and changed my home address. Smith will get it, travel over to snatch - only to be standing outside the Museum. If we're really lucky they'll then follow my auto insurance records, which will lead 'em to a landfill just outside of Flint.' Nicole replied with a laugh. 'Old trick from The Blues Brothers - ain't you seen it?'

"I see, but would they not be suspicious and assume the adress noted is false when they google said address, they are Static not idiots Miss."
Narim said and he raised an eyebrow.
"At least I would google any address I got to figure out some details about it."

Tell me about it...' Nicole started, then remembered who was sitting right behind her. 'You okay back there? Know there's not much space.' vaguely aware that between the lack of leg-space and competing for room with crates, boxes and the contents of her dufflebag couldn't be that... pleasant.

"I am fine Miss...though I am wondering if you think it is safe to find a place to destroy what we is not taking with us and then head back to the Chantry now."
Arn said as he rubbed his freshly healed shoulder.
"Or do you think our new friends in the blue car is still after us?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:21 pm

"Yes you are!" Sierra protested.

"I'm reminding you of things you have forgotten, which is uncomfortable."

"I guess it is the opposite of what I am, but all I know now is how to destroy." Sierra said sadly. "I...hum...well I guess you are right...I am not giving up my path I want non existence but I guess you are sort of right that it is wrong to force it on others." She agreed hesitantly. "I guess it is going to have to become a personal path instead."

"The reason you still want nonexistence for yourself is due to what happened to your avatar."

"And what if I refuse to answer their questions?" Sierra muttered. "Well it do not matter I have been hurt before." She said sadly and looked away

He sighed. He was fairly sure that they would not want to actually torture her, while she was in their care but he could not promise someone else would not try. But her last comment made it all the more poignant that generally torture was less useful when getting through to people or getting real information that was useful to them. Especially perhaps for Nephandi, after they'd been through a caul what would torture be compared to that?

"Not knowing if it will happen now within minutes or within days or weeks or months are not exactly making me calmer!"
Sierra shouted

"It's very unlikely that it will happen within minutes, even hours, but I cannot give you a timetable, either. I simply do not know."

Jeffry had by now opened the portal and he looked at you. "What if you take her down to the basement and have her secured, we have to many prisoners as there is but we are going to have to make due for now, I will see if your doctor Cabalmate is back we might want to have him tend to her, him or one of the Verbena healers."

Sierra was still backing away, her panic growing. "No I do not want to be here...let me go please...please don't harm my Avatar...please...."

"Yes, sir," he said and then said to Adjan, "Will you help us?" He wasn't sure he could handle Sierra on her own; if she fell over he didn't know if he could carry her and he was concerned with how panicked she was becoming. "Sierra, please..." And her alarm wasn't going to sit well with the others, either, or Kyle. They needed to calm her down and stabilize her somewhat, before she passed out of fright.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:46 pm

Anja's Post:

'If they were thinking my real address would be that easy to find, then they're dumber than I look.' Nicole countered, checking behind to see if they'd picked up any new tails. 'But I know, the Internet has simply ruined that joke.'

Anja's Post:

'It all depends... how stupid they are and how much clout they've got.' the large woman countered, biting her lip. 'Hmm... might have called it in to the cops, which means I think the best bet is to get back pronto and sort out everything there. But it's your call.' taking a glance at Narim.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:19 am

Kyle sigh and nodded.
"I will do whatever is needed, not that the idea is not a little scary Sir but I will do whatever is needed to cleanse her."
He declared.
Colin grinned, "You're going to have some long conversations with your Grudge ghost. Very long. There's someone who did it, she'll help us all learn how she did it, so the method can be shared..."

"I am going to try to do that Sir but I am not sure how, do I just you know...ehm speak to myself? is not that a little creepy?"
Kyle said and he raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "If you think it is talking to yourself when you see her standing over you at night, then yes... I myself close my eyes and think to my Avatar, addressing her directly and often by name. She doesn't always respond in words, mind - but she's quite clear in her meaning all the same."

Richard sigh and nodded before he looked up at the roof for a moment.
"Yeah...I guess there is little else we can do, but we are going to have her back, at least we can do that no matter what happens. Do you remember when Bee told us what...she is after Adley found out, she was so afraid we where all going to abandon her...we have to make sure she realize we are not going to do that, abandon her I mean, that we will stick my her and that she is a member of this Cabal no matter what."
He said with determination in his voice.
He nodded, "I saw how you moved in Nicolai's apartment. If there's any one among us I trust to be able to move her quickly out of harm's way, or if she were hurt, pick her up and get her to medical assistance, it's you."

"Hum...that would be very useful and might give our enemies a good kick in the rear to be sure, an nothing would be better than to kick the Union hard where it hurts."
Richard said and grinned.
He grinned, "Almost nothing. Present crisis in mind, remember?"

"There probably are and my Mentor have a patient who get terrible pains in his body if anyone hammer a nail into his footprint, there are some rather nasty beliefs out there about what will work against mages or weaknesses we have."
Richard said and he sounded a bit concerned.
"Hopefully we will not all end up afflicted with them."
He frowned, "Perhaps Mages are simply too different from one another - a greater example of human variation than other supernaturals - for such Echoes to afflict us all? I mean, as far as I can tell, all vampires suck blood, all werewolves change between human and wolf form, and so on, but Mages... aside from the deliciously vague 'able to use magic' common denominator, there's virtually not two of us alike, even when you look at a a Mentor and apprentice, or two Mages who were apprenticed to the same Mentor. There's little differences in how they work, and vast differences in what they can do with their magic..."

"Ah yes I hate the stuff, corn syrup I mean not your cooking. Truth to be told I cook mostly from scratch myself as well when I have the time, I am vegetarian so I hae to be careful to get a balanced diet."
He commented and nodded.
He frowned, "Hm, never quite saw the rationale for an omnivore to eschew meat entirely by choice, myself, though I will keep it in mind for any dinner invitations."

Richard checked his watch and nodded.
"Yes but I can set the anesthetic now if you help turn him over on his side, he is still affected by the sedation it is no need to wake him up for this, hopefully the numbing cream will make sure he feels nothing of the lidocaine going in."
The Akashic said as he begun to prepare the shot of anesthetic. Kyle was still sleeping deeply with one hand holding onto the blankets, he looked innocent and vulnerable and with how pale he was, slightly creepy.
He nodded and gently started rolling Kyle over on the side again, giving him a gentle pat on the head and muttering softly, "Fate has been cruel and order unkind... I'll help Kyle as best I can, Arto."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 am

"I hope so as well, most likely he is going to have to send some of the prisoners to another Chantry or up to Horizon and for the Marauders...perhaps either release..."
Darrian lowered his voice.
"Or kill them..."

Serge gulped nervously at the thought of killing the prisoners.

"Wait what Marauders?" Serge asked. He hadn't heard of any Maurauders at Steelhaven.

"Ah yes that is sure to make the Chief rather concerned...but oil men? What sort of creatures are that?"
Darrian asked.
"And I have to agree with the Chief are such ehm...transformed beings really safe to have around?"

"Sorry, I keep calling them oil men. Realistically I think they were just black slimy spirits that attacked the chantry not to long ago. Serge said readjusting his description.

"As for the cats, I'm still not sure. I mean one of those cats technically tried to kill me when he was in spirit form and I just played with him not too long ago. They seemed safe enough for me and the Deaconess to play with." Serge said.

"Master Morgan tried talking to the Deaconess about those cats and he even asked me to talk to her as well. Neither of us could convince her to part with her cats. But she did tell me that they would not be sticking around for too much longer. What that means....I'm not 100 percent sure yet."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 am

No, i go full into all i do. It's just that everything about this war is unfair and shitty. Can't get around that, but it's also useless to get sad about it. He said, and handed his arms out offering to carry her to her prison.

"Good morning Mr Karyak what can I do for you?"
Hello sir. I'm comming to leave a prisoner. Please take good care of her, she's... not a bad person.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:21 am

Adley:

"I'm reminding you of things you have forgotten, which is uncomfortable."

"Yes...it is uncomfortable I do not want to talk about it anymore!"
Sierra said and she looked away.

"The reason you still want nonexistence for yourself is due to what happened to your avatar."

"I know it is because I am Fallen I know that but it is what I am."
She muttered.

He sighed. He was fairly sure that they would not want to actually torture her, while she was in their care but he could not promise someone else would not try. But her last comment made it all the more poignant that generally torture was less useful when getting through to people or getting real information that was useful to them. Especially perhaps for Nephandi, after they'd been through a caul what would torture be compared to that?

"We have not tortured any of our other prisoners during this week long conflict Miss. I can not promise there is no possibility of it, if there is no other choice an we need information, but in my experience information gathered through torture is unreliable and often not worth the effort, or the stain on one's soul that it creates. It is not likely you will be tortured no matter how stubborn you decide to be not by us. Eventually you will be sent to Horizon and the Security Council are known to be...brutal, but as long as you are with us you are quite safe, that shot you got, a bit of aching in your limbs from being bound and the prick of a blade or a needle to draw some blood for an arcane connection are likely the only pain we will cause you."
Your Mentor said when he had finished up his rote. Sierra looked at him for a moment but did not look like she believed him.

"It's very unlikely that it will happen within minutes, even hours, but I cannot give you a timetable, either. I simply do not know."

"There will be a trial first, and getting to that point will take at least days, probably more, and then it will happen within hours usually of the trial, at most three days after, if you had not bee a former Traditionalist you would have more grounds to worry it would happen sooner but as you are still officially a member you have the right of a trial."
Adjan said in a soft tone of voice. Sierra looked at him as well and it seamed to calm her a little, though she was still near a panic.

"Yes, sir," he said and then said to Adjan, "Will you help us?" He wasn't sure he could handle Sierra on her own; if she fell over he didn't know if he could carry her and he was concerned with how panicked she was becoming. "Sierra, please..." And her alarm wasn't going to sit well with the others, either, or Kyle. They needed to calm her down and stabilize her somewhat, before she passed out of fright.

"I will help, first let us get her to a chair before she pass out."
Adjan said and he gave the Nephanda a concerned and compassionate look. Sierra continued to beg and she was pulling away from you as she sobbed and she was turning ever more pale and unsteady.
"Please...don't do this...please!" She sobbed absolutely terrified.

Nicole:

If they were thinking my real address would be that easy to find, then they're dumber than I look.' Nicole countered, checking behind to see if they'd picked up any new tails. 'But I know, the Internet has simply ruined that joke.'

"They may or may not think your real address are easy to find but they are not likely to go to a location without checking out what is there so yes I would say that joke is pretty much ruined Miss."
Narim said and he still where not seaming to get it.

It all depends... how stupid they are and how much clout they've got.' the large woman countered, biting her lip. 'Hmm... might have called it in to the cops, which means I think the best bet is to get back pronto and sort out everything there. But it's your call.' taking a glance at Narim.

Narim nodded.
"I agree, let us return right away while I check if the police have been called on us, it would not do to be arrested."
He said and he begun to tap at his phone again while Arn gave directions.
"Ok take a right here then."
He said but he glanced behind him nervously at times.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "You're going to have some long conversations with your Grudge ghost. Very long. There's someone who did it, she'll help us all learn how she did it, so the method can be shared..."

"Having a long conversation with her do not sound bad I can do that Sir, and really someone cleansed themselves great I would love to meet her."
Kyle said and he seamed eager and hopeful.

He shrugged, "If you think it is talking to yourself when you see her standing over you at night, then yes... I myself close my eyes and think to my Avatar, addressing her directly and often by name. She doesn't always respond in words, mind - but she's quite clear in her meaning all the same."

"Do your Avatar really have a name Sir?"
Kyle asked wide eyed.
"I will try that then, just talking to her and see if she responds to me, that sounds like a pretty interesting project actually."

He nodded, "I saw how you moved in Nicolai's apartment. If there's any one among us I trust to be able to move her quickly out of harm's way, or if she were hurt, pick her up and get her to medical assistance, it's you."

Richard gave a little smile.
"You over praise me Colin but I will do what I can to protect any member of the Chantry, that is my calling to protect and when I am to late or I fail to heal what harm have been done."
He muttered.

He grinned, "Almost nothing. Present crisis in mind, remember?"

"You are right off course my friend, almost nothing, kicking Nephandi is even better especially if the Nephandi...whatever the singular form of that is, in question is Lisa Larson."

He frowned, "Perhaps Mages are simply too different from one another - a greater example of human variation than other supernaturals - for such Echoes to afflict us all? I mean, as far as I can tell, all vampires suck blood, all werewolves change between human and wolf form, and so on, but Mages... aside from the deliciously vague 'able to use magic' common denominator, there's virtually not two of us alike, even when you look at a a Mentor and apprentice, or two Mages who were apprenticed to the same Mentor. There's little differences in how they work, and vast differences in what they can do with their magic..."

"That is very true, I for example have a different set with elements I work with than most Hermetic. You have the Chief he is a mage but I also know a young woman who is well, an anime style magick girl complete with a transformation and a frilly outfit and she is also a mage, the two of them could not be more different though. That have always been our greatest strength, we are dynamic, we change and flow according to our own wills, while many of the others in one way or another are static."
Richard said and he nodded in agreement.

He frowned, "Hm, never quite saw the rationale for an omnivore to eschew meat entirely by choice, myself, though I will keep it in mind for any dinner invitations."

"I see exposed muscles and organs quite often and I am reminded of how similar we are to the animals. For me though it is mostly an animal well fare issue. In my belief when an animal is driven to a slaughterhouse, are often in pain and terrified the meat take on an energy I do not want in my body. I might eat game if someone offered as that to me seam kinder and more fair to hunt down an animal who have lived in the wild as they should and then been killed for food like nature intended than an animal kept in a cage and overfed and then slaughtered with no change to defend itself, I do not think eating that would be good for my inner cultivation."
Your Cabalmate said and shook his head.

He nodded and gently started rolling Kyle over on the side again, giving him a gentle pat on the head and muttering softly, "Fate has been cruel and order unkind... I'll help Kyle as best I can, Arto."

Richard set the lidocaine shot and Kyle did not seam to react much to it, the numbing cream had done it's work, he muttered a little in his sleep but continued sleeping. Richard prepared the second lumbar needle and looked at you.
"I think it is best not to wake him beforehand, but be ready to hold him for his a few seconds until I can get the needle out if he wakes up and starts fighting. Like I said you never know if we are lucky it will be near painless, but these things can hurt allot no matter how much I try to ease him through it."
The Aashic instructed.

Serge:

Serge gulped nervously at the thought of killing the prisoners.

"Wait what Marauders?" Serge asked. He hadn't heard of any Maurauders at Steelhaven.

"Insane mages, you have heard about Quiets right, what can happen if we get to much Paradox, Resonance or get pushed over the edge? The wizard's insanity as it is sometime's called...well a Marauder is what you get when someone go into a Quiet and never come out of it again, they are the forth faction in this war, though faction might be the wrong term, they are not organized usually, they just clump together in small groups and are well, insane..."
Darrian explained.

"Sorry, I keep calling them oil men. Realistically I think they were just black slimy spirits that attacked the chantry not to long ago. Serge said readjusting his description.

"I see, hum...that do indeed sound nasty."
The alchemist agreed.

"As for the cats, I'm still not sure. I mean one of those cats technically tried to kill me when he was in spirit form and I just played with him not too long ago. They seemed safe enough for me and the Deaconess to play with." Serge said.

"Master Morgan tried talking to the Deaconess about those cats and he even asked me to talk to her as well. Neither of us could convince her to part with her cats. But she did tell me that they would not be sticking around for too much longer. What that means....I'm not 100 percent sure yet."

"I see, well first of all no one is completely sure what the Deaconess means she have one foot in this world and one in...another, it is not easy to get her to do a thing she do not want to do though, oh she will be kind and polite and talk until your head spin and then go and do exactly what she wanted to in the first place."
Darrian said and smiled.
"I share the Chief's concern about those cats though but I guess for now there is little that can be done about it, Mara O'Connor is one of the Deacons of this Chantry, only George Steelhaven himself have the right to order her to do anything."

As you stood there talking you hear Cadence moan inside of the room Siege was placed in and Darrian frowned.
"I should check on her, being chained to a wall fixture and gagged in a basement is not a good place for a wounded woman."

Tane:

No, i go full into all i do. It's just that everything about this war is unfair and shitty. Can't get around that, but it's also useless to get sad about it. He said, and handed his arms out offering to carry her to her prison.

"This conflict do suck, I am so tired of war."
Cadence muttered she looked at your arms and shook her head.
"I can walk, but I would welcome some support, that sword of yours did some damage, perhaps your new nickname Mr Shark Sword is quite fitting."
She said and she sounded amused for a moment before she turned sad again.

Hello sir. I'm comming to leave a prisoner. Please take good care of her, she's... not a bad person.

Darrian frowned.
"I would try to do that even if she was a bad person Mr Karyak so I will do my best but we are running out of room so she is going to have to share a makeshift cell with another prisoner and we are going to have to restrain her enough that she can not interact with her cellmate."
The alchemist said as he regarded Cadence for a moment.
"Is she wounded?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:10 am

Adley was glad when the elder mages were able to give her a clearer answer, and moreso that she seemed very slightly less panicked. He didn't want to misspeak about something so important, with so many captured he could only have guessed it would be days at least. He nodded at Adjan as he suggested a chair, hopefully one in a cell, and carefully moved in to help get Sierra past the boundary and inside.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 am

You got Sierra into the Chantry, she was shivering and afraid but she did not resist allot, she understood that would not help her much.
"Come along please do not be afraid."
Adjan said softly as he guided her along. Sierra was still sobbing but at least she was not fighting back.
"She is not going to be able to walk stairs with her feet bound, I will carry her."
The Euthanathos offered.
"Let us get her placed and see if we can calm her down a little."
He said and he waited to see if there where anything else you had to say before he gently picked Sierra up and headed for the cellar door.
"If you can get the door my friend?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm

"Having a long conversation with her do not sound bad I can do that Sir, and really someone cleansed themselves great I would love to meet her."
Kyle said and he seamed eager and hopeful.
Colin nodded, "There is a little more to the story, though... Patience."

"Do your Avatar really have a name Sir?"
Kyle asked wide eyed.
"I will try that then, just talking to her and see if she responds to me, that sounds like a pretty interesting project actually."
He nodded, "I suspect it's hardly unique - though most of them might have more of an identity than a name, if that makes sense."

Richard gave a little smile.
"You over praise me Colin but I will do what I can to protect any member of the Chantry, that is my calling to protect and when I am to late or I fail to heal what harm have been done."
He muttered.
He smiled wryly, "I'm not so sure I do - I haven't seen anyone in the Chantry match you in terms of physical ability once you, hm, buff up."

"You are right off course my friend, almost nothing, kicking Nephandi is even better especially if the Nephandi...whatever the singular form of that is, in question is Lisa Larson."
He nodded, "Feminine singular would be Nephanda, I believe."

"That is very true, I for example have a different set with elements I work with than most Hermetic. You have the Chief he is a mage but I also know a young woman who is well, an anime style magick girl complete with a transformation and a frilly outfit and she is also a mage, the two of them could not be more different though. That have always been our greatest strength, we are dynamic, we change and flow according to our own wills, while many of the others in one way or another are static."
Richard said and he nodded in agreement.
He grinned, "While I pick up tricks from Fantasy novels of all stripes, and Freddy works with computers... I suppose we're all a little crazy in our own ways."

"I see exposed muscles and organs quite often and I am reminded of how similar we are to the animals. For me though it is mostly an animal well fare issue. In my belief when an animal is driven to a slaughterhouse, are often in pain and terrified the meat take on an energy I do not want in my body. I might eat game if someone offered as that to me seam kinder and more fair to hunt down an animal who have lived in the wild as they should and then been killed for food like nature intended than an animal kept in a cage and overfed and then slaughtered with no change to defend itself, I do not think eating that would be good for my inner cultivation."
Your Cabalmate said and shook his head.
He nodded thoughtfully, "I can see where that argument is coming from - the meat industry has ridiculous ethical issues - and while I wouldn't necessarily adopt that standard for myself, I will respect it; you've taken a stance on an issue most people don't even see is there, and that is commendable in and of itself. Mind you, I have noted that some meats taste a little more stressed, and I suspect that may be related to improper treatment of the livestock... I keep notes so far as possible of which farms seem to have or not have these issues; I might share those notes with you, if you like."

Richard set the lidocaine shot and Kyle did not seam to react much to it, the numbing cream had done it's work, he muttered a little in his sleep but continued sleeping. Richard prepared the second lumbar needle and looked at you.
"I think it is best not to wake him beforehand, but be ready to hold him for his a few seconds until I can get the needle out if he wakes up and starts fighting. Like I said you never know if we are lucky it will be near painless, but these things can hurt allot no matter how much I try to ease him through it."
The Aashic instructed.
He nodded, "The first jab was fine, let's hope our luck holds true..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:39 pm

"Insane mages, you have heard about Quiets right, what can happen if we get to much Paradox, Resonance or get pushed over the edge? The wizard's insanity as it is sometime's called...well a Marauder is what you get when someone go into a Quiet and never come out of it again, they are the forth faction in this war, though faction might be the wrong term, they are not organized usually, they just clump together in small groups and are well, insane..."
Darrian explained.

"You know I was told that I'd make a good marauder." Serge said.

"I see, well first of all no one is completely sure what the Deaconess means she have one foot in this world and one in...another, it is not easy to get her to do a thing she do not want to do though, oh she will be kind and polite and talk until your head spin and then go and do exactly what she wanted to in the first place."
Darrian said and smiled.
"I share the Chief's concern about those cats though but I guess for now there is little that can be done about it, Mara O'Connor is one of the Deacons of this Chantry, only George Steelhaven himself have the right to order her to do anything."

"You know those are the exact same words that the Chief used to describe her." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

"And trust me their's another aspect of these cats that worries me. I think their mentally connected to one of the Prelati's." Serge explained

As you stood there talking you hear Cadence moan inside of the room Siege was placed in and Darrian frowned.
"I should check on her, being chained to a wall fixture and gagged in a basement is not a good place for a wounded woman."

"Oh sure thing. Do you need any help?" Serge asked.

He kinda hoped that Darrien didn't want his help, not because he didn't want to help but because he knew that Siege was also held within that room.
He had the feeling that Siege wouldn't exactly be happy to see him after the battle within the basement.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "There is a little more to the story, though... Patience."

Kyle nodded at that.
"Ok I can wait for more details Sir, but if this is really possible it is really good news."

He nodded, "I suspect it's hardly unique - though most of them might have more of an identity than a name, if that makes sense."

The young widderslainte nodded again.
"Do you think my Avatar have a name Sir?"

He smiled wryly, "I'm not so sure I do - I haven't seen anyone in the Chantry match you in terms of physical ability once you, hm, buff up."

"Yeah well...magick can be useful at times. I would expect our Verbena can do something similar though it might not take the exact same form."
Richard said and he grinned a little at that.

He nodded, "Feminine singular would be Nephanda, I believe."

"That...sounds almost cute, as in aww a Nephanda let me pet it...the term just do not fit..."
The Akashic muttered.

He grinned, "While I pick up tricks from Fantasy novels of all stripes, and Freddy works with computers... I suppose we're all a little crazy in our own ways."

"Being a little crazy is just healthy."
Richard declared and he grinned.

He nodded thoughtfully, "I can see where that argument is coming from - the meat industry has ridiculous ethical issues - and while I wouldn't necessarily adopt that standard for myself, I will respect it; you've taken a stance on an issue most people don't even see is there, and that is commendable in and of itself. Mind you, I have noted that some meats taste a little more stressed, and I suspect that may be related to improper treatment of the livestock... I keep notes so far as possible of which farms seem to have or not have these issues; I might share those notes with you, if you like."

"I would appreciate that having a look at those notes."
Richard said then he sigh.
"I just try to walk though life cause as little suffering as possible, I believe causing suffering diminish us, especially when that suffering can be avoided. I also believe that animals have minds and souls like we do and should be treated with kindness."

He nodded, "The first jab was fine, let's hope our luck holds true..."

The Akashic nodded as he got the equipment ready then he looked at you as if to say you should make sure to be ready as well in case Kyle jerked, then he begun the procedure. Kyle whimpered a little and stirred.
"It...hurts..."
The boy muttered not yet fully awake.
"I know...I know it is a little harder to get the needle in this time try to relax."
Richard said muttered as he continued. Suddenly Kyle cried out and tried to jerk his body forwar away from the source of pain and tears formed in his eyes, the boy had just woken up and he was rather confused and scared. Richard looked at you.
"Hold him still...I am in but I need to adjust the needle hopefully that will ease his pain but moving it right now might hurt him more should I stop?"

Serge:

"You know I was told that I'd make a good marauder." Serge said.

"I am not sure that is a compliment young man."
The alchemist said and he raised and eyebrow.

"You know those are the exact same words that the Chief used to describe her." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

That made Darrian smile a little.
"Well we are all getting to know the woman by now, well as much as anyone can now such a being."

"And trust me their's another aspect of these cats that worries me. I think their mentally connected to one of the Prelati's." Serge said

"Connected to one of larson's Prelati mentally, whave the Chief been given this information and also how are they connected?"
The Solificato asked.

"Oh sure thing. Do you need any help?" Serge asked.

"That would be nice Mr Yager perhaps someone closer to her age can help calm the young woman down, if you would follow me."
Darrian said as he entered the cell. Siege had been cleaned up and returned to his former seat, though he was more securely bound now and gagged, the man did not even look up though, his head just hung and he seamed smaller in a way since Colin had taken the ring that was his Avatar, he just sat there and reminded you about hos Martha Cunningham looked. Cadence sat against the opposite wall, she was chained to a heave shelf and she was crying, she was clearly scared and she was working her mouth around the gag so it was clear it bothered her, she looked up and tried to smile to you around the gag though she looked rather pale, the woman was wounded and sitting on a cold floor like this was not good for her even if she had been given a blanket to keep her warm.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Kyle nodded at that.
"Ok I can wait for more details Sir, but if this is really possible it is really good news."
Colin smiled, "It is."

The young widderslainte nodded again.
"Do you think my Avatar have a name Sir?"
He shrugged slightly, "I'm not the right person to ask... I wouldn't know. Only you can find the answer to that."

"Yeah well...magick can be useful at times. I would expect our Verbena can do something similar though it might not take the exact same form."
Richard said and he grinned a little at that.
He nodded, "Like the fellow who becomes an owl."

"That...sounds almost cute, as in aww a Nephanda let me pet it...the term just do not fit..."
The Akashic muttered.
He chuckled softly, "That's what gendering nouns gets you... and the notion does fit, every now and then."

"I would appreciate that having a look at those notes."
Richard said then he sigh.
"I just try to walk though life cause as little suffering as possible, I believe causing suffering diminish us, especially when that suffering can be avoided. I also believe that animals have minds and souls like we do and should be treated with kindness."
He nodded, frowning, "After Iraq... I should like to reach some manner of... equilibrium, at least. Lives saved and suffering ended for all that I have caused. The Fallen don't make that easy for me, but all the same..."

The Akashic nodded as he got the equipment ready then he looked at you as if to say you should make sure to be ready as well in case Kyle jerked, then he begun the procedure. Kyle whimpered a little and stirred.
"It...hurts..."
The boy muttered not yet fully awake.
"I know...I know it is a little harder to get the needle in this time try to relax."
Richard said muttered as he continued. Suddenly Kyle cried out and tried to jerk his body forwar away from the source of pain and tears formed in his eyes, the boy had just woken up and he was rather confused and scared. Richard looked at you.
"Hold him still...I am in but I need to adjust the needle hopefully that will ease his pain but moving it right now might hurt him more should I stop?"
He frowned and held Kyle's waist still with one hand, so he wouldn't twist the needle around, "Shit... Kyle, listen to me, hold still... That wasn't supposed to hurt any more than the last puncture - but it did... Dr. Lee will have to move the needle away from the nerve, and that's probably going to hurt a bit more, for an instant, but... bite down on this and grip my wrist and squeeze, alright?"
He handed Kyle the silicone pad gently, careful to let Kyle keep as much control over the situation as he could, "I'm really sorry... Dr. Lee will wait until you're ready before he tries moving the needle again... give a nod when it's okay?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Colin smiled, "It is."

Kyle smiled at that.
"Perhaps I can get rid of these dark urges."

He shrugged slightly, "I'm not the right person to ask... I wouldn't know. Only you can find the answer to that."

"I guess I could ask her what her name is but it is a bit embarrassing to ask a girl her name even if she lives in my soul."
Kyle said and he looked down a little and fiddled with his shirt.

He nodded, "Like the fellow who becomes an owl."

"Mr Acherman? Yes indeed I do wonder how that feels, to become an animal."

He chuckled softly, "That's what gendering nouns gets you... and the notion does fit, every now and then."

"You are thinking about your little apprentice, yes she might actually be cute, Larson though I can not really see as cute."
Richard said and he grinned.

He nodded, frowning, "After Iraq... I should like to reach some manner of... equilibrium, at least. Lives saved and suffering ended for all that I have caused. The Fallen don't make that easy for me, but all the same..."

The Akashic nodded at that and gave you a sad smile.
"No they do...not make it easy for us...I ehm...never thanked you Colin...for back at the villa, when you di what had to be done with the wounded Nephandus instead of me and stopped me from doing it...I ehm...appreciate it but it is not right you always have to accept the burden."
Richard said softly.

He frowned and held Kyle's waist still with one hand, so he wouldn't twist the needle around, "Shit... Kyle, listen to me, hold still... That wasn't supposed to hurt any more than the last puncture - but it did... Dr. Lee will have to move the needle away from the nerve, and that's probably going to hurt a bit more, for an instant, but... bite down on this and grip my wrist and squeeze, alright?"

Kyle whimpered at looked at you he was clearly in pain and scared all the fear and hurt that had built up over the last few days, being captured and put in a cell, the fear of being with the faction his father had told him horror stories of all his life, the fear of what they might do to him, the injections of the serum, how Ulv Bergen had scared him, the problems with hitting a vein in his foot, all of it had built up and now he could not hold back the tears anymore and they started rolling down his pale cheeks, the boy did grab your wrist though and he at least tried to stay still.

He handed Kyle the silicone pad gently, careful to let Kyle keep as much control over the situation as he could, "I'm really sorry... Dr. Lee will wait until you're ready before he tries moving the needle again... give a nod when it's okay?"

"It...is nothing...to apologize for it...is not anyone's fault..."
Kyle managed and he bit down on the silicone pad and tried to stay calm and he nodded but it had been allot for a fifteen year old to handle lately. Richard moved the needle precisely. Kyle squeezed your wrist tightly and cried out around the silicone pad, he was making some noise but remained still. Richard looked concerned he had a frown on his face.
"Something is wrong...I have the sample but...I can not put my finger on it like I said this happens at times but it is just something that tells me something is wrong."
The doctor muttered as he pulled the needle out and pressed some cotton against the boy's back.
"Well for now let us calm him down..."
He said and gently patted the boy's shoulder.
"Kyle it is over now, if you let go of Mr Wainwright he can hold this cotton in place and I can heal you...ok?"
He said the young widderslainte whimpered and looked at you then he slowly let go of the death grip on your wrist.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next