Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 26 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm

'Yeah, going to the Adepts is a long-term option.' Nicole replied, nodding. 'How long are you going to be in Boston, then?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 26 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:51 pm

"Just for this mission. Miss Rembrandt contacted me and got me here when she heard that Master Morgan needed a pilot of a near suicide mission I guess she considered me crazy enough to do it."
The older Etherite said and he sounded amused.
"I work at the Umbra Docks here in town though so I travel into Boston daily."
He added.
"Well let us hope the Adepts are not needed for if they are whatever the Chief have planned might be a bit hard to accomplish."
Rodger said and scratched his head.
"Well we will cross that bridge when we come to it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:17 pm

'Which may be a short one, if the enemy have thought of say AA guns or something.' Nicole mused. 'Let's hope Morgan got left something solid designed for combat and not some flimsy scouter or something consisting of rust and bad welds.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:19 pm

"Well far be it for me to judge I have sent my daughter to live with a Mentor as I can not train her in magick and she Awakened quite young, even so I do not like it when parents do not spend time with their children, having a child is a gift one should not squander."
Ulv said and he frowned.

"I wonder if my parents saw me as a gift.....what am I saying of course they did. Why else would they work so hard to provide for me." Serge said with a nervous chuckle, as if he didn't really believe his own words.

"Anyways, that's an awesome way to look at parenthood. Most people see children as a burden. You always see it on tv and on reddit. People making jokes and complaining about how children are terrible and parents are the dumbest people on Earth."

Ulv seamed to consider for a moment and he seamed a bit doubtful.
"I do not want her to see me like this, disheveled an bound to a shelf, I am likely to be executed I do not want her to remember me like this. However if you can draw me in a way that she do not see such things then that might be a nice gift for her, as I have few others to give her at the moment."
He said a bit sadly.

"I can draw you as you would be normally. Standing up tall and proud with a smile on your face and maybe even waving back at your daughter. I'll draw it underneath your message so that it looks like your saying it." Serge said as the very image he described began to form in his mind.

"Here let me show you..." Serge said as he began to draw, occasionally looking up at Mr. Bergen to remind himself of what certain details on his face looked like.

(OOC: Dex + Drawing to draw Mr. Bergen smiling and waving. This will be drawn right underneath the Norwegian message to make it look like the drawing is saying the message. Roll: 8, 6, 1, 2, 7, 4)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"Hum...Alexei Delva I think their name was but I am not completely sure, I might be remembering it wrong."
Sierra said and frowned.
Colin smiled, "Thank you. The name tells me nothing right now... but I should be able to track them."

"Good day Mr Wainwright. I am on my way to the Main Sentencing Hall for the ritual so I am aware of the prisoner you speak of."
Tolle said his voice showing no emotions.
"If her information can be considered to be of considerable value I can speak with the Council to allow such an extension, though the extension is not likely to be stretched beyond her giving her testimony to an interrogator, that the young woman have refused to talk before right before her sentence is to be carried out speak against arranging such an extension as it can be seen as a stalling tactic."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "True, it could be seen as a stalling tactic, however, that is why I decided to contact you directly about it - if anyone can be expected to have an encyclopedic knowledge of relevant precedent for granting a stay of execution for a Fallen witness, whether indefinite or for a specific term, it would be you. And... she has provided names of individuals she knows to be compromised. I believe her to be telling the truth, but I am no telepath, so my assessment will not hold up as irrefutable evidence."
He paused for a moment, "I should tell you, I intend to shelter her, whatever your decision - one of the guards made some unethical and illegal threats regarding her... usefulness afterwards. I am not saying I'll apprentice her, just that I will take her in... pick up the pieces and give her a chance at life."

Steelhaven, Now:
"Am I going to have to try for the nesting dolls analogy again?" he wondered aloud.
He smiled, "It is a good analogy."

"Within the Technocratic Paradigm that is correct yes but no while the pineal gland might have something to do with our spiritual nature yes but since different magi experience their Avatars in different ways it is unlikely that the physical brain have anything to do with it for most of us."
Jeffry said. Richard shrugged.
"We could ask our Mercere guest if I am allowed to scan then and then I can compare what I find with the brains of a healthy mage. Also the pineal glad have a function in the body, if a mage who have been...well you know have health issues related to it not working as it should then that could be a form of proof."
The Akashic suggested.
He nodded, "Requesting a scan of Mister Gregario is not a bad idea..."

"Just when I didn't have enough things to fuel nightmares..."
He grinned wryly, "Consider this, then - It was killed by a half-dozen True Believers without any distinguishable powers. How long do you think It would last against a couple of battlemages?"

"It is better to be safe than sorry Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said sternly.
He nodded, "Which is why I will not discuss the matter further at this time."

"Even so I would prefer if the ehm...cats where released into the Umbra or banished, there is no need to take the risk of keeping them if Mara wants pets getting her some real cats would be a small matter."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
He nodded, "If she says they've got a short-term purpose, though, I am ready to trust her judgment on that. If she had claimed she wanted to keep them because they were adorable like that, I would be more concerned..."

"I can vouch for Ms Bouchard having an attitude of some sort, alright," he grumbled. "She's quite a fighter though," he added, since it was hard to deny and credit where it was due.
He nodded sagely, "I believe the word you are looking for is 'brusque'. And she does have something up her sleeve - what, i am not certain of, but it's possible her arm is cybernetic."

"I am not sure, as far as I know locating Mr Ameli have been Master Sharaya's job so you are going to have to ask him about it Mr Wainwright."
The old Hermetic said.
He nodded, "Then I must ask him once we're done here - so many tiny details to get into place before I go..."

He sighed, "Right, then, if there's nothing else, I can check on the final preparations before heading into the lion's den?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm

"Are the medicine Master Nassa gave you working mea filius?" Jeffry asked as he saw you relaxing then he smiled a little. "Yes I see how that can be a problem, you can consider getting a bag of some sort off course, a messager bag can be quite useful."
He added.

"I'll grab a bag from my room if I get a moment. I don't like carrying too many things and yet...here we are. Yes, it is working. It helps, but it does not remove the source, if you understand what I mean." He hadn't seen his room in a while, for him longer than it, odd as that was to contemplate.

"We where attacked by what is in effect a slime monster, of which one of our Deacons cerated two cats, are a clone really that much stranger Adley?"
Richard asked and raised an eyebrow. "We know the Progenitors make clones quite regularly, hell even sleeper scientists can do that now." He added and Jeffry just nodded.

"Actually...yes, yes it is. I find the slime monsters transfigured into a different shape but essentially still what they are to be easier for me to understand. Even a golem would be, though I suppose it is more similar to that. Made of flesh...which reminds me of something I heard recently. Still, it seems really, really wrong...or at least highly strange."

"Hum...you do have a point there mea filius, that might be a good analogy for it."
Jeffry agreed.
He smiled, "It is a good analogy."

He looked wry. "I didn't explain it well the first time, but maybe now you've figured it out on your own?"

"I don't think he's in a state of mind to be dealing with that, right now. Perhaps not for a while."

"The woman show a lac of good breeding at time yes but she do appear to be skilled with what she do."
Jeffry said.
"I think it will be worth it to give her a chance."

"I was giving her a chance, until she displayed an unnatural amount of curiosity about the...state of our guests."

He nodded sagely, "I believe the word you are looking for is 'brusque'. And she does have something up her sleeve - what, i am not certain of, but it's possible her arm is cybernetic."

He raised his eyebrow at Colin as he suggested a word, considered offering a different one but didn't and then shrugged very slightly. "Cybernetic arm, well considering we've met two full cyborgs, it would only surprise me if she were also a clone, since for some reason that concept truly seems to unnerve me. It would in part explain her strength, though she seems strong enough regardless."

He grinned wryly, "Consider this, then - It was killed by a half-dozen True Believers without any distinguishable powers. How long do you think It would last against a couple of battlemages?"

"That's very true!" He smiled back, seeming a bit less irritable than before.

Richard stood slowly as if he understood that his presence was no longer completely welcome.
"Anyway I should go and check on the two prisoners that needed medical care and also check in on Kyle."
He said.
"By your leave Master Morgan?"
He asked and Jeffry nodded.
"Yes off course Dr Lee thank you."
He said and Richard took his kit and then nodded to you and Colin.
"I will see you both later then, and Adley do you have what you need for your ehm...tea..."

"Thank you," he said to Richard. "I could grab a few swabs. Really, someone should carry some basic stuff just in case anyway, when we go."

"I am not sure, as far as I know locating Mr Ameli have been Master Sharaya's job so you are going to have to ask him about it Mr Wainwright." The old Hermetic said.
He nodded, "Then I must ask him once we're done here - so many tiny details to get into place before I go..."

"I can ask about it if you want, while you discuss the other matters, unless there is something else I am going to do," he offered. "I think you might want to stay for some of what I'd fill in my pater since you may have insights or information that I've since fogotten, but only if time allows us such a luxury," he added to Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:54 am

Nicole:

'Which may be a short one, if the enemy have thought of say AA guns or something.' Nicole mused. 'Let's hope Morgan got left something solid designed for combat and not some flimsy scouter or something consisting of rust and bad welds.'

"Well ma'am Master Morgan refer to the ship as a shuttle which can mean just about anything but it is doubtful that it is a war ship. I do not even know the parameters of the mission as that was rather hush, hush just that it was important to gie the Nephandi a good kick in their corrupted tush, however yes if the shuttle is not protected or armed it can be a short trip."
Rodger said and frowned but then he gave a short laugh.
"Then again ma'am what is life without a bit of adventure eh?"
He asked a slapped himself on his ample belly in a satisfied gesture.

Serge:

"I wonder if my parents saw me as a gift.....what am I saying of course they did. Why else would they work so hard to provide for me." Serge said with a nervous chuckle, as if he didn't really believe his own words.

"I am sure they did kid, they just got their priorities screwed up."
Ulv said and smiled a little.
"It is easy to get dragged into a career and worrying about that instead of what is truly important."

"Anyways, that's an awesome way to look at parenthood. Most people see children as a burden. You always see it on tv and on reddit. People making jokes and complaining about how children are terrible and parents are the dumbest people on Earth."

"I would not believe the internet so much Mr Yager. Now off course at times raising a kid is a burden, it is hard work when she have a bellyache and cries all night and all you dream of is an hour of uninterrupted sleep however even if having children is hard work and at times is very frustrating it is also extremely rewarding."
The Hagalaz said and he smiled a little.

"I can draw you as you would be normally. Standing up tall and proud with a smile on your face and maybe even waving back at your daughter. I'll draw it underneath your message so that it looks like your saying it." Serge said as the very image he described began to form in his mind.

"Ok...I appreciate it then, perhaps Liv will like such a drawing."
Ulv finally agreed and he nodded.

"Here let me show you..." Serge said as he began to draw, occasionally looking up at Mr. Bergen to remind himself of what certain details on his face looked like.

The rune mage glanced at your drawing at times and smiled.
"You know what that is not half bad kid, you have a talent for this."
He remarked.

Colin Horizon Near Future:

Colin smiled, "Thank you. The name tells me nothing right now... but I should be able to track them."

"If I remembered the name right yes, well all I can say it that was one pissed of mage who would not have any Caul business none at all."
Sierra said and frowned.

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "True, it could be seen as a stalling tactic, however, that is why I decided to contact you directly about it - if anyone can be expected to have an encyclopedic knowledge of relevant precedent for granting a stay of execution for a Fallen witness, whether indefinite or for a specific term, it would be you. And... she has provided names of individuals she knows to be compromised. I believe her to be telling the truth, but I am no telepath, so my assessment will not hold up as irrefutable evidence."

"If she gains status as an important witness in an ongoing investigation then a stay until that investigation is concluded is possible, however then she would have to undergo tests to show she is telling the truth, since time is of the essence I can file for the extension now and then come down to the cells to interview her but if this is a stalling tactic the ritual will be re scheduled for later in the day."
Tolle said flatly.
"And indefinite stay can only happen if one of the honored Primi decide to grant clemency at this point though as she is sentenced. I cam arrange for you to argue the case before them but unless her contribution is on a massive scale like with young Mr Dale who saved the life of Prima Marianna then your plea is not likely to be heard."
He continued with no emotion what so ever, he did not care if a stay was granted or not, he only cared that the law was obeyed to the letter.

He paused for a moment, "I should tell you, I intend to shelter her, whatever your decision - one of the guards made some unethical and illegal threats regarding her... usefulness afterwards. I am not saying I'll apprentice her, just that I will take her in... pick up the pieces and give her a chance at life."

"I can have the paperwork for you registering Miss Bluehill as your Custos after the ritual drawn up so that custody will be transferred to you once it is done, if he consents to this."
Master Tolle offered.
"As for this guard such threats are against the added laws and norms of both the Traditions as a whole and the law of the land on Horizon if you wish to file a formal complaint please do so."

Steelhaven Now Colin and Adley:

"I will talk with him about it if he is feeling better then, last I saw him he was not in a state to consent to anything but once his head clears I will make the request."
Richard said and nodded.

He nodded, "Which is why I will not discuss the matter further at this time."

Jeffry just nodded at that and said nothing further about it.

He nodded, "If she says they've got a short-term purpose, though, I am ready to trust her judgment on that. If she had claimed she wanted to keep them because they were adorable like that, I would be more concerned..."

"Agreed, Mara O'Conner's reasoning might be hard to follow at times but her decisions are often wise, I can not help but worry regardless though."
The old war mage commented.

"I see, well any such enchantment that she may have is her own affair..."
The Hermetic said and he twisted his nose a bit at the notion of having technology implanted in one's body.
"The woman is crude but she do seam to be quite capable. But really discussing her like this while she is not present is not a gentlemanly thing to do Mr Wainwright so we should leave it at that."

"Ah yes, that is why I keep them written down."
Jeffry said and he tapped at his note book with a finger.
"But yes Narim is the one you wish to discuss this matter with."

He sighed, "Right, then, if there's nothing else, I can check on the final preparations before heading into the lion's den?"

The old Flambeau nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, good day for now."
He said and gave you a polite nod as he dismissed you.

"I'll grab a bag from my room if I get a moment. I don't like carrying too many things and yet...here we are. Yes, it is working. It helps, but it does not remove the source, if you understand what I mean." He hadn't seen his room in a while, for him longer than it, odd as that was to contemplate.

"Traveling light is a good thing but sometimes tools are needed."
Richard said and nodded.
"I am glad the medicine works Adley but you also will need rest soon."
He urged and he looked worried.

"Actually...yes, yes it is. I find the slime monsters transfigured into a different shape but essentially still what they are to be easier for me to understand. Even a golem would be, though I suppose it is more similar to that. Made of flesh...which reminds me of something I heard recently. Still, it seems really, really wrong...or at least highly strange."

Richard gave you a look that made it clear he was mentally rolling his eyes and thinking Hermetics! Alle he said though where.
"I guess we all have different standards for what we see as strange Adley, that the girl's creation was unethical clearly but strange, not to my mind set."

"I don't think he's in a state of mind to be dealing with that, right now. Perhaps not for a while."

"I would not ask him until the man is back to his senses off course."
Richard said.
"The examination would be mostly painless though."

"I was giving her a chance, until she displayed an unnatural amount of curiosity about the...state of our guests."

"Hum...that is not good would you care to elaborate mea filius?"
Jeffry asked and he looked a bit concerned.

"Thank you," he said to Richard. "I could grab a few swabs. Really, someone should carry some basic stuff just in case anyway, when we go."

Richard nodded and he handed you a few more packets of swabs just in case they could be used for cuts and any minor skin puncture after all.
"I will have my bag with me, but I can put together some small kits to send with the strike teams."
He offered.
"Well then I have work to do and I should get to it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 am

"I see, well any such enchantment that she may have is her own affair..." The Hermetic said and he twisted his nose a bit at the notion of having technology implanted in one's body. "The woman is crude but she do seam to be quite capable. But really discussing her like this while she is not present is not a gentlemanly thing to do Mr Wainwright so we should leave it at that."

"True," he said, "it isn't."

"Traveling light is a good thing but sometimes tools are needed." Richard said and nodded. "I am glad the medicine works Adley but you also will need rest soon." He urged and he looked worried.

"I know," he said with a frown. "But it will have to wait until we're sure there's a tomorrow."

Richard gave you a look that made it clear he was mentally rolling his eyes and thinking Hermetics! Alle he said though where. "I guess we all have different standards for what we see as strange Adley, that the girl's creation was unethical clearly but strange, not to my mind set."

"The only time it makes sense to me is twins," he added, almost as an afterthought, "Identical twins."

"Hum...that is not good would you care to elaborate mea filius?"
Jeffry asked and he looked a bit concerned.

"I thought I had told you..." He rubbed the back of his hand across his chin and put the frame across his lap to write out a quick summary" 'She was hanging out when you told me to go stake the vampires. When I asked her why, she said that she was trying to 'work something out' and didn't get the hint that it wasn't an exhibition. So I said if she wasn't going to provide backup, to leave. She said she would provide backup and that she was wondering if they would wake up. I was not impressed.

"I will have my bag with me, but I can put together some small kits to send with the strike teams." He offered. "Well then I have work to do and I should get to it."

He took the swabs and put them away. "See you later, then."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am

"True," he said, "it isn't."

Jeffry nodded at that.

"I know," he said with a frown. "But it will have to wait until we're sure there's a tomorrow."

Richard sigh.
"I know I know Adley but I am your Cabalmate so I am allowed to worry."
He said and your Mentor chimed in.
"Yes that go for me to mea filius."
The old Hermetic said and he gave you a concerned look.

"The only time it makes sense to me is twins," he added, almost as an afterthought, "Identical twins."

"You are aware that identical twins and clones are not the same thing right?"
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow and glanced at you.

"I thought I had told you..." He rubbed the back of his hand across his chin and put the frame across his lap to write out a quick summary" 'She was hanging out when you told me to go stake the vampires. When I asked her why, she said that she was trying to 'work something out' and didn't get the hint that it wasn't an exhibition. So I said if she wasn't going to provide backup, to leave. She said she would provide backup and that she was wondering if they would wake up. I was not impressed.

Jeffry read what you had written and frowned.
"Hum..that is indeed not good I will ask Miss Bouchard about this matter. I suspect the problem might be that she have a rather ehm...Technocratic view of other Awakened. I mean I am not fond of Massassa but they will be treated well when in our custody regardless. I will bring the matter up with Miss Bouchard if you so wish."

He took the swabs and put them away. "See you later, then."

Richard nodded.
"See you later."
He said before he left the office.

(OOC: Well then my husband is with my cat at the vet to see a feline heart specialist, that being a lady who specialize in feline hearts not a cat who is a heart specialist which would be a very clever kitty we should be able to get conclusive answers on what is wrong and how to treat Maude I have to admit to be a bit worried though until I hear how it went.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:04 am

Anja's Post:

'S'pose can't argue with that, me.' Nicole replied with a little smile. 'Well, I'll let you go and dig out Miles, yeah?'

[I'm going to be offline for much of today. So don't mind Nicole simply waiting in the basement doing nothing 'till the prisoners have been fed].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:57 am

Horizon, Near Future:
"If I remembered the name right yes, well all I can say it that was one pissed of mage who would not have any Caul business none at all."
Sierra said and frowned.
He smiled sadly, "Can you really blame her? I hear the result of being forced unwillingly is normally fatal..."

"If she gains status as an important witness in an ongoing investigation then a stay until that investigation is concluded is possible, however then she would have to undergo tests to show she is telling the truth, since time is of the essence I can file for the extension now and then come down to the cells to interview her but if this is a stalling tactic the ritual will be re scheduled for later in the day."
Tolle said flatly.
"And indefinite stay can only happen if one of the honored Primi decide to grant clemency at this point though as she is sentenced. I cam arrange for you to argue the case before them but unless her contribution is on a massive scale like with young Mr Dale who saved the life of Prima Marianna then your plea is not likely to be heard."
He continued with no emotion what so ever, he did not care if a stay was granted or not, he only cared that the law was obeyed to the letter.
He nodded, "That is as good as I have any reason to expect as a possibility... Hum, under the circumstances, I might actually find sympathy with the very Seat of Time, come to think of it... I know you don't care much for gratitude, but thank you, all the same."

"I can have the paperwork for you registering Miss Bluehill as your Custos after the ritual drawn up so that custody will be transferred to you once it is done, if he consents to this."
Master Tolle offered.
"As for this guard such threats are against the added laws and norms of both the Traditions as a whole and the law of the land on Horizon if you wish to file a formal complaint please do so."
He smiled darkly, "Oh, never fear - that one more complaint will be smoothly tacked on to the rest of his tally. It's the same fellow who struck my apprentice on a whim, and who apparently was quite implicated in the illegal handoff a couple of days ago. I will get my proverbial pound of flesh."

Steelhaven, Now:
He looked wry. "I didn't explain it well the first time, but maybe now you've figured it out on your own?"
He smiled wryly, "Perhaps... and perhaps not. It's still stewing in there, I think."

"I will talk with him about it if he is feeling better then, last I saw him he was not in a state to consent to anything but once his head clears I will make the request."
Richard said and nodded.
He frowned, "Hum, there is another thing we could consider, as well - how does vampirism affect that area of the brain? It would be especially interesting to have comparison images of a former Mage and a former Sleeper, as such..."

"I see, well any such enchantment that she may have is her own affair..."
The Hermetic said and he twisted his nose a bit at the notion of having technology implanted in one's body.
"The woman is crude but she do seam to be quite capable. But really discussing her like this while she is not present is not a gentlemanly thing to do Mr Wainwright so we should leave it at that."
He nodded, "Very true, such an arm is her own business, and impolite to discuss in her absence - but it is the very sort the Chief of Security ought to be notified of, especially if there's even the slightest chance her presence will cause conflict."

"Ah yes, that is why I keep them written down."
Jeffry said and he tapped at his note book with a finger.
"But yes Narim is the one you wish to discuss this matter with."
He smiled wryly, "I've tried, but once time started becoming a little erratic for me, it turned a little difficult to keep track of what I wrote down in which timeline..."

"I can ask about it if you want, while you discuss the other matters, unless there is something else I am going to do," he offered. "I think you might want to stay for some of what I'd fill in my pater since you may have insights or information that I've since fogotten, but only if time allows us such a luxury," he added to Colin.
The old Flambeau nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright, good day for now."
He said and gave you a polite nod as he dismissed you.
He nodded, "Very well. If it's important that I hear and possibly fill in, I can linger a couple of minutes, I suppose. And if you ask Master Sharaya, that save me the extra thirty-some feet of walking."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:32 am

Nicole:

"I will do that, meet you back down here when I have found Mr Miles then?"
Rodger asked then he nodded.
"Well I will be off then and I will be back with Mr Miles, it have been nice talking with you Ma'am."
He said and he gave you a bit of a bow before he headed for the stairs to look for your fellow Etherite.

He smiled sadly, "Can you really blame her? I hear the result of being forced unwillingly is normally fatal..."

"Indeed being forced into the bloody thing is fatal, so we tried coercion, it did not work out to well for us, not to well at all."
Sierra said and sigh.
"The Gilledian was livid."

He nodded, "That is as good as I have any reason to expect as a possibility... Hum, under the circumstances, I might actually find sympathy with the very Seat of Time, come to think of it... I know you don't care much for gratitude, but thank you, all the same."

"I will make the arrangements then and no gratitude is not needed I am simply doing my job that gives satisfaction enough."
Master Tolle said.
"Remember the extension will be short and Miss Bluehill better be prepared to answer my questions when I come down to the cells if she want the extension to stay."
He warned.

He smiled darkly, "Oh, never fear - that one more complaint will be smoothly tacked on to the rest of his tally. It's the same fellow who struck my apprentice on a whim, and who apparently was quite implicated in the illegal handoff a couple of days ago. I will get my proverbial pound of flesh."

"Such breeches of the law are unacceptable Adeptus Wainwright, if you would please file your complaint and I will see if I can get Mr Nilda put on administrative leave until the complaints have been investigated and ruled on."
The Enforcer said and he clearly cared more that the law had been broken than that Anna had been struck.

Steelhaven Now:

He frowned, "Hum, there is another thing we could consider, as well - how does vampirism affect that area of the brain? It would be especially interesting to have comparison images of a former Mage and a former Sleeper, as such..."

"I do not know any former mage vampire thank heavens but scanning a vampire I can arrange however dragging a staked out into the hospital will be difficult so it is better if he or she cooperate rather can being forced."
Richard said and nodded.

He nodded, "Very true, such an arm is her own business, and impolite to discuss in her absence - but it is the very sort the Chief of Security ought to be notified of, especially if there's even the slightest chance her presence will cause conflict."

"I have not demanded that every mystic mage at the Chantry inform me of every personal enchantment they might have as long as it is personal and not a threat to the Chantry, I am distrustful of such technomagick Miss Bouchard employ however to demand she disclose details about her arm would be unfair when I do not demand to know what magick Dr Lee might be using to make his body stronger and faster."
Jeffry said calmly and Richard gave the Chief a slight nod.

He smiled wryly, "I've tried, but once time started becoming a little erratic for me, it turned a little difficult to keep track of what I wrote down in which timeline..."

"I can see the problem Mr Wainwright it should be a simple matter of checking your notes now and again though to see that they is updated in this time."
Jeffry advices.

He nodded, "Very well. If it's important that I hear and possibly fill in, I can linger a couple of minutes, I suppose. And if you ask Master Sharaya, that save me the extra thirty-some feet of walking."

"Believe it or not Mr Wainwright I have more thing on my to do list than there is time for, if I see Master Sharaya I can certainly tell him you are looking for him however I would recommend you go and talk with him once we are done here as I really do not have the time to run errands at the moment."
The old Flambeau said sternly and he gave you a bit of a puzzled look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:40 am

Nicole gave a nod, and went back to watching events regarding the feeding of the prisoners.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:30 pm

Rodger left the room and left you to keep watch in peace. So far everything was quiet and peaceful other than the prisoner named Diego swearing like a drunk sailor and the sound of spoons on pottery, none of the prisoners where trying to escape this far.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"Indeed being forced into the bloody thing is fatal, so we tried coercion, it did not work out to well for us, not to well at all."
Sierra said and sigh.
"The Gilledian was livid."
Colin smiled, "You will have to forgive me for approving of the outcome."

"I will make the arrangements then and no gratitude is not needed I am simply doing my job that gives satisfaction enough."
Master Tolle said.
"Remember the extension will be short and Miss Bluehill better be prepared to answer my questions when I come down to the cells if she want the extension to stay."
He warned.
He arched an eyebrow, "Obviously, such an investigative extension would be fairly brief. But it would be the logical step toward a potentially longer extension. And she is informed that we are grasping at straws... but sometimes, that straw holds just long enough."

"Such breeches of the law are unacceptable Adeptus Wainwright, if you would please file your complaint and I will see if I can get Mr Nilda put on administrative leave until the complaints have been investigated and ruled on."
The Enforcer said and he clearly cared more that the law had been broken than that Anna had been struck.
He smiled thinly, "Of course, Sir, I will note down a draft of the complaint while we wait. It will at least be something to keep the prisoner's mind off the... inevitable, I suppose."

Steelhaven, Now:
"I do not know any former mage vampire thank heavens but scanning a vampire I can arrange however dragging a staked out into the hospital will be difficult so it is better if he or she cooperate rather can being forced."
Richard said and nodded.
He frowned, "We... have access to one; an old, polite fellow... but no, we wouldn't want to lug a staked, rigid cadaver through a hospital to up to the radiology lab..."

"I have not demanded that every mystic mage at the Chantry inform me of every personal enchantment they might have as long as it is personal and not a threat to the Chantry, I am distrustful of such technomagick Miss Bouchard employ however to demand she disclose details about her arm would be unfair when I do not demand to know what magick Dr Lee might be using to make his body stronger and faster."
Jeffry said calmly and Richard gave the Chief a slight nod.
He nodded, "As you said. The subject rests."

"I can see the problem Mr Wainwright it should be a simple matter of checking your notes now and again though to see that they is updated in this time."
Jeffry advices.
He nodded, "Soon as I get five minutes to relax, I guess... Hm, it's getting to be a lot of notes now; best make that fifteen..."

"Believe it or not Mr Wainwright I have more thing on my to do list than there is time for, if I see Master Sharaya I can certainly tell him you are looking for him however I would recommend you go and talk with him once we are done here as I really do not have the time to run errands at the moment."
The old Flambeau said sternly and he gave you a bit of a puzzled look.
He looked at Morgan with an equally puzzled look, "What? No, Adley just offered..." He scratched his head, "Ah, it's been a long week for us all, I guess..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Colin smiled, "You will have to forgive me for approving of the outcome."

Sierra scowled at you.
"I guess I have to at that."
She grumbled.

He arched an eyebrow, "Obviously, such an investigative extension would be fairly brief. But it would be the logical step toward a potentially longer extension. And she is informed that we are grasping at straws... but sometimes, that straw holds just long enough."

"The chance that this extension will reach beyond a few days are minimal unless Miss Bluehill prove to be invaluable for the investigation and even then it is not likely to last beyond the scope of that investigation unless one of the Primi choose to give her a pardon, which is very rare."
Master Tolle said flatly.
"She should make her peace with what is going to happen."

He smiled thinly, "Of course, Sir, I will note down a draft of the complaint while we wait. It will at least be something to keep the prisoner's mind off the... inevitable, I suppose."

"Good good I find that distracted prisoners resist less which mean less resources expended during the ritual."
The Quesitor said.
"Also about your apprentice Adeptus Wainwright, when do you think she will be able to give a statement about what happened during her examination, my colleague who handles that information mentioned needing to speak with the child at breakfast this morning. Also have pictures of her injuries and a statement from the physician who treat her now been obtained?"

Steelhaven Now:

He frowned, "We... have access to one; an old, polite fellow... but no, we wouldn't want to lug a staked, rigid cadaver through a hospital to up to the radiology lab..."

"No that might get the police called on us, especially when the staked, rigid cadaver we lug around whimpers and it's eyes move, that would be particularly bad."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow.
"If you know a vampire who might be willing to cooperate with us though, this old, polite fellow you speak of then that would be an interesting examination to do.

He nodded, "As you said. The subject rests."

Jeffry just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Soon as I get five minutes to relax, I guess... Hm, it's getting to be a lot of notes now; best make that fifteen..."

The old Hermetic gave a bit of a grin at that.

He looked at Morgan with an equally puzzled look, "What? No, Adley just offered..." He scratched his head, "Ah, it's been a long week for us all, I guess..."

"Ah...I misunderstood my deepest apologies Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and shook his head and looked down into his cup.
"I clearly need more coffee do any of you gentlemen want any?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:20 pm

"I would not believe the internet so much Mr Yager. Now off course at times raising a kid is a burden, it is hard work when she have a bellyache and cries all night and all you dream of is an hour of uninterrupted sleep however even if having children is hard work and at times is very frustrating it is also extremely rewarding."
The Hagalaz said and he smiled a little.

"I'll take your word for it. Doubt I'll ever have kids. But It must be a really rewarding if your willing to put up with no sleep." Serge said glad that Mr. Bergen was smiling.

"Ok...I appreciate it then, perhaps Liv will like such a drawing."
Ulv finally agreed and he nodded.
The rune mage glanced at your drawing at times and smiled.
"You know what that is not half bad kid, you have a talent for this."
He remarked.

"Thanks! It's like one of the things I'm good at. Spent most of my time drawing...hell I still do." Serge said putting a few final touches on the drawing.

"Most of my magick comes from these drawings so it makes sense that I'm somewhat decent at it." Serge said with a chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:51 pm

"I'll take your word for it. Doubt I'll ever have kids. But It must be a really rewarding if your willing to put up with no sleep." Serge said glad that Mr. Bergen was smiling.

"Most magi elect not to have children, we are busy with our studies and intrigue preferring to take apprentices to having our own children, which is a shame perhaps but it is what it is."
The Hagalaz said and sigh.

"Thanks! It's like one of the things I'm good at. Spent most of my time drawing...hell I still do." Serge said putting a few final touches on the drawing.

Ulv nodded at that.
"It is not a bad interest to have, it is a good way to express yourself kid."
He commented.

"Most of my magick comes from these drawings so it makes sense that I'm somewhat decent at it." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Ah you use art as an focus, most interesting young man, most interesting that is a good way to work your magick."
Ulv said and he nodded approvingly.
"What types of magick do you study kid?"

(OOC The Toreador Clan so want Serge. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 pm

"Most magi elect not to have children, we are busy with our studies and intrigue preferring to take apprentices to having our own children, which is a shame perhaps but it is what it is."
The Hagalaz said and sigh.

"Yeah that makes sense. The amount of knowledge I had to consume in 5 years was staggering and their's still so much left to learn." Serge said with a grin. 

"Still, the stuff I learn now is much more interesting than the stuff they teach in school"

"Ah you use art as an focus, most interesting young man, most interesting that is a good way to work your magick."
Ulv said and he nodded approvingly.
"What types of magick do you study kid?"

"Yeah. I always felt like it helped me bring my imagination into reality."
 Serge said flipping through his sketchbook showing the many fantastical creatures and people that had originated within Serge's mind. 

"And I'm a disciple of Mind. Makes sense considering I spend most of my time daydreaming. Now I get to show everyone what I'm thinking." Serge said with a chuckle. 

"What about you? What kind of cool magickal tricks do you know?"

(OOC: Serge would love the idea of being an art-obsessed vampire. Although I think he'd like it mostly because he'd get to have cool vampire fangs Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:18 pm

"Yeah that makes sense. The amount of knowledge I had to consume in 5 years was staggering and their's still so much left to learn." Serge said with a grin.

"Learning magick is never easy but I do find it to be very rewarding regardless but yes it do make it hard to combine it with raising a family."
Ulv agreed and nodded.

"Still, the stuff I learn now is much more interesting than the stuff they teach in school"

"That we agree on Mr Yager."
The Hagalaz said and grinned.

"Yeah. I always felt like it helped me bring my imagination into reality." Serge said flipping through his sketchbook showing the many fantastical creatures and people that had originated within Serge's mind.

"I can see how drawing would be a good way to bring your imagination to life yes, and it is an art you can loose yourself in."
Ulv said as he studied your drawings.
"Quite interesting have you ever considered working with runes sine they are also traced or drawn?"

"And I'm a disciple of Mind. Makes sense considering I spend most of my time daydreaming. Now I get to show everyone what I'm thinking." Serge said with a chuckle.

"What about you? What kind of cool magickal tricks do you know?"

"I am an initiate of Life, Prime and Entropy if you want the ranking of it Mr Yager, usually I work with runes to do my magick, at times combined with a type of chanting to put me into a different state of mind and religious rituals to the Norse Gods. Exactly what I do with my magick to are more of a personal matter kid."

(OOC: Well if Serge want fangs then Life can take care of that. The problem is he would be a depressed art obsessed vampire but yes Clan Toreador so would want him. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:36 pm

"I know I know Adley but I am your Cabalmate so I am allowed to worry."
He said and your Mentor chimed in.
"Yes that go for me to mea filius."

He gave them a faint smile. "Well thank you for caring."

"You are aware that identical twins and clones are not the same thing right?" Richard said and he raised an eyebrow and glanced at you.

He just shot him a look. Biology wasn't really the class he paid best attention to, but to his mind if someone was going to look pretty exactly the same as someone else, twins made the most sense. But since he didn't want a lecture he didn't answer.

"Hum..that is indeed not good I will ask Miss Bouchard about this matter. I suspect the problem might be that she have a rather ehm...Technocratic view of other Awakened. I mean I am not fond of Massassa but they will be treated well when in our custody regardless. I will bring the matter up with Miss Bouchard if you so wish."

He shook his head. "I think we have more time critical things to discuss right now, but something to keep in mind if you want to give her tasks."

He shook his head. "Go on amicus. I got it backwards, I didn't realise you were going right now I thought you had more to discuss. And I have to discuss this with my pater now, it's time critical. Please give my regards to Narim. We'll catch up soon..."

He shook his head.

// whups sorry for holding up the scene, I slept 12 hours straight. Sheesh, winter hibernation set in. My dog was my alarm clock today.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Richard smiled a little at that while your Mentor gave you a concerned look.

He shook his head. "I think we have more time critical things to discuss right now, but something to keep in mind if you want to give her tasks."

"I did not mean right now off course mea filius but yes I will keep it in mind for future tass I give to the young woman."
The old Hermetic agreed and nodded.

He shook his head.

Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he filled a cup of coffee for himself and sipped it as he sat down and waited to find out who was staying for the discussion and who where leaving.

(OOC: Not a problem and you probably needed the sleep, but yes dogs want their walks. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 pm

"I can see how drawing would be a good way to bring your imagination to life yes, and it is an art you can loose yourself in."
Ulv said as he studied your drawings.
"Quite interesting have you ever considered working with runes sine they are also traced or drawn?"

"Actually yeah!" Serge said excitedly. "I already know a little bit about Runes. I've been studying things to add to my magickal drawings. Runes and other symbols were one of the first things I studied on my own."

"I'm obviously not as good as you but I'm learning." Serge said sheepishly. "Got any tips?"

"I am an initiate of Life, Prime and Entropy if you want the ranking of it Mr Yager, usually I work with runes to do my magick, at times combined with a type of chanting to put me into a different state of mind and religious rituals to the Norse Gods. Exactly what I do with my magick to are more of a personal matter kid."

"I'm also an Initiate of Entropy." Serge said giving a few more details of his own magick. 

"Drawing is one of the things that typically puts me into a different state of my mind. It helps me focus on my thoughts and acts as a sort of gateway for my imagination into the real world. Allows me to try and influence reality and make the people around me follow how I depict them in drawings. Sometimes even make them see what I've drawn in real life." Serge said explaining his magick briefly. 

"My Mentor also taught me how to influence people using my words, but I only typically use that when drawing is unavailable." Serge added as an afterthought. 

"What sorts of runes do you use in your magick? Anything that you could teach me?" Serge added somewhat jokingly. Serge had a feeling that Mr. Bergen might not be too keen on giving away his magickal secrets but it never hurt to ask. 

(OOC: Who could be depressed when you never need to breathe, have the ability to move supernaturally fast, influence the people around you with your vampiric supernatural presence, and see a persons aura.....actually two of those things Serge can already do  Razz)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Nicole continued in her wait, thinking the hallowed line from thousands of years of people on guard duty: 'how much longer is this going to take?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"The chance that this extension will reach beyond a few days are minimal unless Miss Bluehill prove to be invaluable for the investigation and even then it is not likely to last beyond the scope of that investigation unless one of the Primi choose to give her a pardon, which is very rare."
Master Tolle said flatly.
"She should make her peace with what is going to happen."
He sighed softly, "Well, then, I will not leave her unattended until things are settled - and I will tell her what is on the table now."

"Good good I find that distracted prisoners resist less which mean less resources expended during the ritual."
The Quesitor said.
"Also about your apprentice Adeptus Wainwright, when do you think she will be able to give a statement about what happened during her examination, my colleague who handles that information mentioned needing to speak with the child at breakfast this morning. Also have pictures of her injuries and a statement from the physician who treat her now been obtained?"
He nodded thoughtfully, "My apprentice is still in something of a state - not too surprising since almost all of her worst fears were triggered deliberately - but we made damn sure to get as much photographic evidence as possible on the spot, and her doctor is available to testify at your convenience. Send your colleague over to collect the necessary copies of the photographs, and I will let you know as soon as Anna is able to speak coherently of the incident. Her trauma may make that for some time yet, even with a gentle telepath's assistance."

Steelhaven, Now:
He smiled wryly, "We are all concerned. But honestly, once the current crises are over, I'm going to order you to get some rest in the Node with Beatrice."

"No that might get the police called on us, especially when the staked, rigid cadaver we lug around whimpers and it's eyes move, that would be particularly bad."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow.
"If you know a vampire who might be willing to cooperate with us though, this old, polite fellow you speak of then that would be an interesting examination to do.
He nodded and glanced at Adley, "It would... but I don't think it's my place to ask him."

He shook his head. "Go on amicus. I got it backwards, I didn't realise you were going right now I thought you had more to discuss. And I have to discuss this with my pater now, it's time critical. Please give my regards to Narim. We'll catch up soon..."
He nodded, "I believe the countdown has already begun... Once the child is secured, we should make all haste to attack... and I need to be in position first. Very well, then, stay safe, and try to stay away from the frontlines this time."
He gave Morgan a quick, deferential bow, "Then i go to make my last preparations for the infiltration mission. Let me know when to start - perhaps send me one of your trusted little friends if the phone line is not yet secured?"

((OOC: Getting sleep is important, especially when winter comes creeping like a Bible-thumping politician at a mall... Razz))
((OOC2: For the love of... Serge will NOT want to become a vampire. Who could be depressed with that set of powers? Just about anyone who lost their Avatar to get it! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next