Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Message from Anja

5 posters

Go down

OOC Message from Anja Empty OOC Message from Anja

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:08 am

This is Anja's husband typing.

Anja was admitted to the hospital monday evening, and will be back as soon as she is discharged.

Hopefully, that will happen on tuesday (it's 4am here as I type this).

I know she cares a lot about this game and is chomping at her bit to get back to it.

I will try to keep you posted if there are any significant updates.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OOC Message from Anja Empty Re: OOC Message from Anja

Post by Warpmind Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 am

Ack, hope she recuperates quickly! (And that's not said merely because of the game.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Oh no, I hope she's okay! Thank you for letting us know. I hope she feels better really soon.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks for letting us know. Hope she gets better soon.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Same here!
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Thank you all. I am back. I spent two days at the hospital since I have been getting frequent fainting spells where I just drop to the ground while being tired and completely worn out. On Monday I fainted six times and so we went to the emergency room, once there they discovered I had a sky high pulse and blood pressure and so they admitted me for observation.

Ok on the positive side after a multitude of tests they have more or less discovered that it is psychiatric condition and the fainting spells are anxiety attacks and unlike my regular doctor they did take my symptoms seriously. They say there is nothing actually wrong with my heart an they do not think there is anything wrong with my brain. However I left today against doctor's orders so they had not run all the tests.

The biggest problem was that they pushed for a blood test. I have extreme needle phobia and they pushed and pushed and pushed until I agreed. I have an issue with them changing tubes I feel the pressure difference in the vein and they took seven tubes, broke the deals they made with me to make me feel safe and the result was me screaming in pain for five minutes while the nurse worked, and she never stopped or asked if I was ok, and we are talking just uncontrolled screaming which lead to an full on anxiety attack where I was hyperventilating and lay curled up in a fetal position for an hour and then I was left alone to deal with it all night long and I lost all faith in them. My phobia who I had worked so hard on is worse than ever and all progress destroyed.

Also as someone with Aspergers syndrome I have a huge issue when I can not get any information and everything is up in the air. I could not get information on the MRI they had planned to make sure it was without contrast, I could get no information on when this would be done, how long they wanted to keep me there or anything else, there where no information everything was chaos and when we asked if we could just go to a private clinic to have the MRI done so we would know when they refused, when I told them I was getting depressed and basically could not handle the situation of not knowing when things would happen what they would do or anything and asked what they might be able to help with if what they assumed where wrong was wrong then I was met with a shrug so I left. There was no willingness to adjust the situation in any ways to my needs and I left feeling worse than when I came.

I am now in an constant state of anxiety, I have lost all trust in the health care system and I will never never go and see a doctor again for as long as I live.

Anyway I am sorry for being away from the game.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Augh, stupid sumbitches... Evil or Very Mad

Hopefully, you'll be able to see a doctor again at some point, if necessary, but... yeah, sounds like they screwed up all progress pretty badly.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:38 am

Yes they completely disregarded my fears and have made the situation far, far worse. I doubt I ever will go see a doctor again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 am

Having had... situations like this [not regarding doctors, but other professionals], I understand completely. But would also point out that not *all* doctors lack empathy; you just botched a roll and got the shit one.

Speaking with my professional hat on [I'm a manager in RL] I would urge you, if you feel up to it to file a complaint about them [or someone to do it on your behalf]. Sure, it might do nothing - but if the boss doesn't know, they can't do anything about it. Trust me, unless the manager is utterly incompetent even a letter of complaint [if not acted on] will go into that person's file[s].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:24 am

That sounds terrible, I'm sorry that happened to you : (

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:05 am

I know not all doctors lack empathy the problem is they system, and it was more the nurses that was the problem over the doctors but it is a system that do not allow for empathy or individual patient needs.

We are going to both file a complaint and also give them a letter with recommendations bot for handling phobic patients but also patients with Aspergers where small changes to how they do things would have made a world of difference.

Thank you Strife.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down