Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True - we need more intel, and quickly... The best would be to interrogate a Union member who has done maintenance on the bloody thing..."

"You might be right about that, but getting a hold of such a Technocrat can be easier said than done."
Adjan commented.
"But yes we need to learn more as soon as possible."

He smiled sadly, "They have reincarnated at least twice that I know of, so I think it's safe to assume they died at some point... I remember the day they were born; we'd been pacing all day when Sister Bernadette let us in... they were so tiny and perfect, both of them..."

"So you have good memories of your former life and not just horrible ones?"
The Euthanathos asked.
"Do you know why Teomim took the twins away from their mother? It seams to be a cruel thing to do."
He asked.
"The Verbena Tradition have been trying to find out the fate of Eloise's twins for centuries."

He nodded, "Hum, I think I could probably get some information from Dalett Vega, if she knows anything about that..."

"It is worth a try, she might be willing to talk to us."
Adjan said and nodded.
"It is not a bad idea."

He chuckled softly, "I think he might be too busy providing some form of cover fire to have the time for a heart attack - but he just might suffer premature hair loss."

"Aww go easy on your poor Cabalmate Mr Wainwright."
He said sounding amused.

He shrugged, "A matter of perspective, I suppose - hers are certainly more ambitious, but I am the one who is going to hijack a Battlecruiser armed with a book and a pound of margarine..."

"Well when you put it like that...then again you are not trying to destroy the world."
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, frowning, "His story was... not unique, he was essentially blackmailed into joining the Fallen. As for his phylactery, well... he permitted me to examine it, on the condition I take no action to harm it. At the very least, I will give it a proper cleaning; the poor thing has been tarnished for a long time, and while I can't fix it, I might at least be able to give it a small bit of comfort, however brief..."

"Perhaps some kindness towards it before the end will be a comfort to the Phylactery and to it's host."
Adjan said and sigh.
"Yes Nephandi recruitment methods are...quite often cruel."

He frowned, "After I get back, I hope everything will be ready... I hold the fragments that were cut from her Avatar; they can be returned, hopefully painlessly. Best case scenario, the worst trauma will be glossed over by itself. In any case, she is tougher than she looks. She will be... perhaps not fine, but she'll recover, and surprisingly quickly, too."

"You hold fragments of Beatrice's Avatar?"
Adjan asked sounding surprised.
"I am not sure traumas like that can be glossed over Mr Wainwright but I do hope that Bee will recover as much as possible."
He said sounding concerned.

He frowned, nodding slowly, "After today, there will be... far too many Avatars torn apart. Perhaps some can be saved, though I doubt it... but if at all possible, I will pick up what pieces I can, to try to give the stray fragments a chance at something better, an opportunity to be rebuilt and to become part of something good again. It's terrible, but Gilgul is not the end. It is, perhaps... a turning point in the Cycle. The destruction leading the way to creation anew... The memories... are softened a little by the five centuries separating our lives. But it is still an eternity of pain that suddenly ends..."

"You talk about picking up shards Mr Wainwright I do not understand what you mean about that."
Adjan asked then he sigh.
"It is such a horrible thing, that ritual, it should have never been invented. I am not sure you can say it is not the end though a few shards might be left."
He said softly.
"Ehm are you okey?"

He grinned wryly, "I'm afraid I'm going to find out - he agreed to teach me the basics of alchemy later - but I suppose it can't be much worse than those Chinese immortality potions of mercury, which frequently had the unfortunate side effect of quite immediate death."

"I do not think there is mercury in it but I suspect it contact frog brains."
Adjan said and frowned.
"I can see why you would want to know the basics of alchemy considering who you say you are the reincarnation is."
He said and nodded.

He glanced up with an approving nod to the Roweller, then climbed quickly out of the car and frowned at the Technocrats, taking a few steps toward them, "You've run into the Nephandi, I gather? Would you like me to run ahead of you and have a medical team sent your way?"

One of the Technocrats a tall, dark haired man took a step towards you and nodded.
"Yes we ran into the Nephandi, a former Progenitor we have been trying to take down."
He conformed.
"I would appreciate it Traditionalist though your offer of help do surprise me though me, but my Amalgam mate do not have the time for me to question your motives so I will accept with thanks."
He said and glanced at the wounded man with great concern in his brown eyes.

Serge:

Serge took a bit of time to think about the question before answering, "Of course I do. That worries always been in the back of my mind. But I mean....anything that I miss in real life I can just recreate in my imagination right?

Despite the response it sounded more like he was making excuses rather than giving a proper answer.

"Well whatever makes you happy Serge."
Rosa said but she gave you a concerned look as if she suspected that you where trying to convince yourself just as much as her.
"But you will get real friends here at Steelhaven, a life in the real world as well."

"My Avatar likes to mess with me and my dreams. Hell, I don't even know what he actually looks like either. He takes on so many different forms." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I had just had amazing sex with this wonderful guy I had met and he asked me to play for him and I did, I sat on the bed and played the violin and in the music I heard a voice and then...the world melted around me and I saw...such beauty as I could not imagine existed, colors, sounds...an instant and and eternity in one and I understood, just for a tiny moment that reality is malleable, that behind the painted screens of the treater is a whole other world and then it was over and I was Awake and the man I had just been with became my Mentor. I have not heard that strange voice again though."
Rosa said and smiled a little.

"Traps can be scary, but they can also be fun. Just like that birthday trap we came up with." Serge said with a smile.

"The trap he and I came up with makes people dizzy."

Jane nodded at that.
"You are right Sir traps can be fun, but most of them are scary."

"He's worried about Liv as well. The first thing he asked me was if Liv was ok." Serge said as he pulled out the picture of Mr.Bergen and the Norwegian message.

Liv smiles warmly as Jane translates for her what you where saying about her father.

"And I can't say that message, it's in Norwegian. But Liv should be able to read it. I added the picture of her father to give to help her connect to him." Serge handing the young girl the message and picture.

Liv read the message and tears started rolling down her little cheeks she looked up at you and pressed the note to her chest and muttered in broken English.
"Thank you Sir."

Serge listened to the young girl attentively, nodding every now and then to show that he was listening. Serge was interested in and wanted to know a little more about the imaginary world that Jane had created for her dolls.

When she was done, Serge smiled and said, "Wow that's a lot of dolls!

"Yeah I am pretty lucky."
Jane agreed and nodded.

Why are some of them jealous of each other? They should all be friends."

"People usually are not all friends so why should my dolls be Sir?"
The little girl declared.

Nicole:

I never crash. It's the other things which get in the way.' Nicole replied with a smile, gathering up her palmtop - now showing a screensaver of flying toasters - quickly shutting it down and shoving it into her rucksack and moving into the cockpit.

Miles grinned a little.
"How rude of the other things to get in your way."
He commented then he glanced at your palmtop.
"I like your screensaver."

'So, where do you want me?' turning to look at Rodger.

"Just sit down in the second pilot seat, I think the ship can be flown solo but you have some controls over there you can help me monitor."
He said and pointed at the seat in question as he slipped his Ether goggles back on and started flipping switches on the control board.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 pm

"So you have good memories of your former life and not just horrible ones?"
The Euthanathos asked.
"Do you know why Teomim took the twins away from their mother? It seams to be a cruel thing to do."
He asked.
"The Verbena Tradition have been trying to find out the fate of Eloise's twins for centuries."
Colin nodded, "The first and the last, the best and the worst... I don't remember everything, though, or at least, Mia has not allowed me to remember everything yet. Perhaps for the better. As for why the twins were secreted away... I can speculate, but I can't say for certain... I think perhaps their Avatars were altered; the bond between them strengthened beyond what they already had... more than that..."
He shrugged, "Perhaps they will be able to tell us, in time."

"It is worth a try, she might be willing to talk to us."
Adjan said and nodded.
"It is not a bad idea."
He nodded, "I might have to see her in the cells of Horizon, but... I'll be speaking with a number of people there over the coming months, I expect..."

"Well when you put it like that...then again you are not trying to destroy the world."
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "True, but I am trying, however meticulously, to knit the Traditions into a cooperating gestalt, rather than a pack of cats crawling around in a room full of toys. And obviously, I'm trying to achieve that unification in a less unpleasant manner than... last time."

"Perhaps some kindness towards it before the end will be a comfort to the Phylactery and to it's host."
Adjan said and sigh.
"Yes Nephandi recruitment methods are...quite often cruel."
He frowned, "Perhaps not usually so cruel as insidious. The law is too strict, too inflexible - mere unwitting association will gain you the same punishment as joining the Fallen, so when push comes to shove... it seems most elect to try to protect their Avatar from destruction..."

"You hold fragments of Beatrice's Avatar?"
Adjan asked sounding surprised.
"I am not sure traumas like that can be glossed over Mr Wainwright but I do hope that Bee will recover as much as possible."
He said sounding concerned.
He nodded, "I held her up, physically, when the Masters began their working... two pieces were cut loose from her; my Avatar picked them up before they could drift off, and she holds the pieces safe, for now."
He smiled thinly, "And they say time heals all wounds... while that's rather incorrect, some times merely time can help soften the impact of past pain. The human mind is incredibly resilient, and can often help mend itself. And if it can't... we have Magi who can help make the pain less insistent, make the trauma less impacting whenever it is remembered."

"You talk about picking up shards Mr Wainwright I do not understand what you mean about that."
Adjan asked then he sigh.
"It is such a horrible thing, that ritual, it should have never been invented. I am not sure you can say it is not the end though a few shards might be left."
He said softly.
"Ehm are you okey?"
He smiled thinly, "Mia is a shard cluster. When I come across a fragment of an Avatar, she picks it up and adds it to the cluster. It happened in the Chicago Labyrinth with Cotta, the Keeper... and I gained the ability to see spirits as clearly as I see you beside me. But absorbing Fallen fragments is... not without its dangers; parts of Mia are wrung, inverted, and I need to work with her to twist those back the way they should be... I am alright, for now. But I need to be vigilant."

"I do not think there is mercury in it but I suspect it contact frog brains."
Adjan said and frowned.
"I can see why you would want to know the basics of alchemy considering who you say you are the reincarnation is."
He said and nodded.
He grimaced, "I think I might prefer the heavy metal poisoning... as for alchemy, to an extent, that was the precursor to the modern sciences; chemistry, medicine, and so on - even from that perspective, it's a valuable field of understanding, still with some relevance to the physical world without going completely Technocrat..."

One of the Technocrats a tall, dark haired man took a step towards you and nodded.
"Yes we ran into the Nephandi, a former Progenitor we have been trying to take down."
He conformed.
"I would appreciate it Traditionalist though your offer of help do surprise me though me, but my Amalgam mate do not have the time for me to question your motives so I will accept with thanks."
He said and glanced at the wounded man with great concern in his brown eyes.
He nodded, "Wallace Jace, I presume? We'll be ending him today - along with his whole bloody Labyrinth. Or we'll die trying, I suppose. We may be formal enemies outside of here, but this is neutral ground, and I wish none of you ill. Hm, if you would consider filling my friend here in on what you know of that particular Fallen, though, we would appreciate it."
He hefted the bag a little more securely under his arm, "I'll send someone running as fast as they can."
He then took off at a brisk run toward the infirmary, quietly thankful he had chosen that particular method of staying in shape.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:43 pm

"Well whatever makes you happy Serge."
Rosa said but she gave you a concerned look as if she suspected that you where trying to convince yourself just as much as her.
"But you will get real friends here at Steelhaven, a life in the real world as well."

"And I look forward to that. Besides I already made some good friends." Serge said glancing at her and at the two young girls in the room.

"I had just had amazing sex with this wonderful guy I had met and he asked me to play for him and I did, I sat on the bed and played the violin and in the music I heard a voice and then...the world melted around me and I saw...such beauty as I could not imagine existed, colors, sounds...an instant and and eternity in one and I understood, just for a tiny moment that reality is malleable, that behind the painted screens of the treater is a whole other world and then it was over and I was Awake and the man I had just been with became my Mentor. I have not heard that strange voice again though."

Serge twitched a little, as if that wasn't a part of his Uncle he didn't need to hear about, but he smiled all the same.

"I was drawing alone in my room when it happened. I had stayed up late, hopped up on antidepressants and who knows what other drugs. It was late and I was tired but I could feel just one last surge of creativity within me and then all at once it happened. The world became blurry and my pictures seemed to hop out of the paper and surround me. I didn't even have enough time to register what was going on before I passed out." Serge began.

"When I woke up I was in a forest. A forest like you'd see the main character of a fantasy show wander through. It just screamed adventure. The trees were tall and beautiful and almost seemed to move and sway to my commands. After a bit of wandering it didn't take me long to realize that those trees and the entire world I was in were a creation within my own head. A world created by my imagination! And then it hit me. Our entire world was constructed similarly. In the minds of others. That reality as we know it is just one big bunched up ball of play-dough. It's messy and chaotic and it's up to us to shape it to how we see fit." Serge said with a smile.

"Sadly I didn't get to see or hear my Avatar. That kind of realization isn't exactly easy on your mind and I was attacked by some weird mind monster before my psychiatrist pulled me out of my own head. So instead of hearing the beautiful voice of my Avatar I got to face my fears.....literally."

Liv read the message and tears started rolling down her little cheeks she looked up at you and pressed the note to her chest and muttered in broken English.
"Thank you Sir."

Serge simply smiled and nodded.

"No problem. I gave your father a picture of you as well. So now each of you has a way to connect to each other even if you can't see each other." Serge said, giving more words for Jane to translate.

"People usually are not all friends so why should my dolls be Sir?"
The little girl declared.

"That's true. But do you know why their jealous of each other? People normally have reasons for things like that." Serge said challenging the girl's imagination and trying to see just how much she could create.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Anja's Post:

'Came with the thing. Seen such a saver like it, I haven't.' Nicole replied with a shrug.

Anja's Post:

She did as bidden; belting up if the seat had them and looking at all the controls with curiosity.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 pm

He allowed himself a little bit of calm before starting to cast again. Even though he knew this spell well and had cast it multiple times, he knew that he was still intrinsically injured and exacerbating it and having it rebound later, when he needed to stay on his feet. He focused on Mars as a guardian, a focus for military prowess as a way to secure peace as he began the rote in the form of a simple rite:

// There's got to be a Rogaine-for-mage hair potion that the alchemists have whipped up for such projected hair loss problems. If there's not, that sounds like a way to make some pocket money for Colin's endeavors ; )

ooc 2: F2 roll for Shield of Mars/kinetic shield rote: 2, 8, 5 - 9, 8, 1 - 8, 7, 0 -3, 3, 2 - if there's ~10 min then ~3-4 ext rolls(?) 2 sux go to duration

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The first and the last, the best and the worst... I don't remember everything, though, or at least, Mia has not allowed me to remember everything yet. Perhaps for the better.

"I think it might be hard for us to be ourselves if we remember everything from former lives, you see some of those, especially among the Akashics who cultivate complete reincarnations, they just live their old life all over again instead of providing their Avatar with a new learning experience."
The Euthanathos said and nodded.

As for why the twins were secreted away... I can speculate, but I can't say for certain... I think perhaps their Avatars were altered; the bond between them strengthened beyond what they already had... more than that..."
He shrugged, "Perhaps they will be able to tell us, in time."

Adjan frowned at that.
"Altering the Avatars of children is not a good thing. But yes hopefully one day the mystery will be solved."

He nodded, "I might have to see her in the cells of Horizon, but... I'll be speaking with a number of people there over the coming months, I expect..."

"Let us hope she is willing to cooperate. And Mr Wainwright try not to get to fond of these prisoners you interact with, showing them kindness is good but please remember that their fate is a grim one."

He nodded, "True, but I am trying, however meticulously, to knit the Traditions into a cooperating gestalt, rather than a pack of cats crawling around in a room full of toys. And obviously, I'm trying to achieve that unification in a less unpleasant manner than... last time."

He frowned at that.
"Hopefully yes...this task you have put on yourself tough is not going to be an easy one, the Traditions are a loosely allied war council, to make that into a tight knit unit will not be a simple task."

He frowned, "Perhaps not usually so cruel as insidious. The law is too strict, too inflexible - mere unwitting association will gain you the same punishment as joining the Fallen, so when push comes to shove... it seems most elect to try to protect their Avatar from destruction..."

"Well yes association can give the same punishment as joining the Fallen, there is no automatic sentence of Gilgul though, the ritual being used on Tradition members are extremely rare but it could happen and that is enough to drive some from our ranks."
Adjan said and he shuddered.
"I agree that the laws should be changed though."

He nodded, "I held her up, physically, when the Masters began their working... two pieces were cut loose from her; my Avatar picked them up before they could drift off, and she holds the pieces safe, for now."

"I remember that you held her up, I was there right outside the ritual chamber, poor Bee those screams..."
Adjan muttered softly and shuddered again.
"It is good news that you have those shards of her Avatar then, perhaps it will help her heal faster."

He smiled thinly, "And they say time heals all wounds... while that's rather incorrect, some times merely time can help soften the impact of past pain. The human mind is incredibly resilient, and can often help mend itself. And if it can't... we have Magi who can help make the pain less insistent, make the trauma less impacting whenever it is remembered."

"Yes if she can be talked into letting a skilled magus work on her mind to soften the trauma that might be for the best."
The death magus agreed.
"For me if I had ever been close to...to...that I am not so sure I would ever recover but would stay hidden under my bed for the rest of my days."
He said and frowned.

He smiled thinly, "Mia is a shard cluster. When I come across a fragment of an Avatar, she picks it up and adds it to the cluster. It happened in the Chicago Labyrinth with Cotta, the Keeper... and I gained the ability to see spirits as clearly as I see you beside me. But absorbing Fallen fragments is... not without its dangers; parts of Mia are wrung, inverted, and I need to work with her to twist those back the way they should be... I am alright, for now. But I need to be vigilant."

"Hum...there is no limit to how far your Avatar can grow then Mr Wainwright?"
Adjan asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"That is a wondrous and terrifying concept, that you have Fallen shards in your soul is worrisome though, but you are not Fallen...not completely are you?"
He asked.
"No off course not and there in comes the vigilance I guess."

He grimaced, "I think I might prefer the heavy metal poisoning... as for alchemy, to an extent, that was the precursor to the modern sciences; chemistry, medicine, and so on - even from that perspective, it's a valuable field of understanding, still with some relevance to the physical world without going completely Technocrat..."

"You would be amazed at the number of things toad brains go into."
Adjan said and frowned.
"Well yes alchemy is in many ways a bridge between magick and more sterile science, and it is a bridge it is wise to maintain."

He nodded, "Wallace Jace, I presume? We'll be ending him today - along with his whole bloody Labyrinth. Or we'll die trying, I suppose.

"That would be the man indeed, a bloody turncoat. Well if you are going to hit the Nephandi Traditionalist I wish you luck in that and especially in taking down Jace, be careful though he is not a man to be trifled with."
The Technocrat said darkly.

We may be formal enemies outside of here, but this is neutral ground, and I wish none of you ill. Hm, if you would consider filling my friend here in on what you know of that particular Fallen, though, we would appreciate it."

"That should be within the realm of what is allowed."
The man agreed.
"One thing please do not mention for the doctor at the infirmary who we fought, she was his student back before he defected and the topic is still a sore one."
He said and frowned.
"And please tell them to hurry before we loose Jacobs!"

He hefted the bag a little more securely under his arm, "I'll send someone running as fast as they can."

The Technocrat nodded.
"Thank you."

He then took off at a brisk run toward the infirmary, quietly thankful he had chosen that particular method of staying in shape.

A few of those going about their business on the Umbral port looked at you funny as you sprinted past. You got to the infirmary on the Technocracy side of the main building though with no one stopping you. The same doctor you had spoken to about the wounded Verbena was there bringing a patient with a burn on his hand into his office as you rushed in.
"Ah Mr Kent...what is the rush?"
She asked as she directed her patient to a chair and turned to look at you.
"When someone come rushing into my office there is usually an emergency."
The Progenitor said with no feeling in her voice what so ever.

Serge:

"And I look forward to that. Besides I already made some good friends." Serge said glancing at her and at the two young girls in the room.

Rosa gave you a warm smile.
"That is good to hear."
She said and Jane beamed.
"Jay I get to be your friend Sir."

Serge twitched a little, as if that wasn't a part of his Uncle he didn't need to hear about, but he smiled all the same.

This seamed to amuse Rosa a bit and she grinned.

"I was drawing alone in my room when it happened. I had stayed up late, hopped up on antidepressants and who knows what other drugs. It was late and I was tired but I could feel just one last surge of creativity within me and then all at once it happened. The world became blurry and my pictures seemed to hop out of the paper and surround me. I didn't even have enough time to register what was going on before I passed out." Serge began.

"When I woke up I was in a forest. A forest like you'd see the main character of a fantasy show wander through. It just screamed adventure. The trees were tall and beautiful and almost seemed to move and sway to my commands. After a bit of wandering it didn't take me long to realize that those trees and the entire world I was in were a creation within my own head. A world created by my imagination! And then it hit me. Our entire world was constructed similarly. In the minds of others. That reality as we know it is just one big bunched up ball of play-dough. It's messy and chaotic and it's up to us to shape it to how we see fit." Serge said with a smile.

"Sadly I didn't get to see or hear my Avatar. That kind of realization isn't exactly easy on your mind and I was attacked by some weird mind monster before my psychiatrist pulled me out of my own head. So instead of hearing the beautiful voice of my Avatar I got to face my fears.....literally."

"That must have been terrifying but at the same time it is a sort of cool way to Awaken."
Rosa agreed and nodded.
"I do not think everyone hear their Avatar speak, Ryan says that sometimes it communicate in other ways, for example there is a girl here just a few years older than us and I heard her say once that she communicate with her Avatar through paintings."
She said and nodded.
"But they always find some way to communicate with us I think."
She added. Jane looked up at you and chimed in.
"My Avatar is a flower, he is really pretty. I do not know how I Awakened though, I just did, one day I could work magick...just like that."
She said then she looked a little sad.
"And then my parents got scared of me."

Serge simply smiled and nodded.

"No problem. I gave your father a picture of you as well. So now each of you has a way to connect to each other even if you can't see each other." Serge said, giving more words for Jane to translate.

Jane translated what you told Liv and then translated the reply back.
"Liv says thank you, she says she will always tressure the drawing you made for her Sir."
She said as she put her tiny arms around her new friend as the young Hermetic cried softly.

"That's true. But do you know why their jealous of each other? People normally have reasons for things like that." Serge said challenging the girl's imagination and trying to see just how much she could create.

"They generally want more attention, the ones I play with less are jealous of the ones I play with more Sir."
Jane said and nodded.
"Though I try to play with all of them from time to time."

Nicole:

Came with the thing. Seen such a saver like it, I haven't.' Nicole replied with a shrug.

"Even so it is quite amusing."
Miles said and smiled.

She did as bidden; belting up if the seat had them and looking at all the controls with curiosity.

"What you have over there are secondary controls and weapons, we seam to have a small Quintessence cannon in the thing but be aware that using it will drain our juice like crazy."
Rodger explained as he started the ship.
"Now this here is the dimension shift controls, we will stay in the Penumbra but leave the thin Gauntlet of this realm so you set it to two."
He explained as he worked.
"If you can push the fuel controls to three for me over there, and take a look at that screen there for signs of inter dimensional beings that might get in our way that would be most helpful madam."
Rodger instructed and he pointed at a small monitor in the middle of the control panel.

Adley:

He allowed himself a little bit of calm before starting to cast again. Even though he knew this spell well and had cast it multiple times, he knew that he was still intrinsically injured and exacerbating it and having it rebound later, when he needed to stay on his feet. He focused on Mars as a guardian, a focus for military prowess as a way to secure peace as he began the rote in the form of a simple rite:

Your magick worked allot better now and you felt the familiar shift in consciousness to a state that where relaxed but alert in which shaping reality where easier, you felt the forces you worked with respond, you felt the power and fire of Mars, could see the ideal warrior before you with a shield in one hand and a sword in the other and you felt your kinetic shield spring up around you forming a protection around you so you in turn could protect others. All in all it was a fine working and you felt Quintessence flow and dance inside of your soul reminding you that there was a part of creation itself inside of you and that your will where limitless.

(OOC: Yes I am thinking about ten minutes for Adley's working indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:56 am

That's a relief. Day's been long. He said with a tired smile.

"That it have and there is little rest in sight until we have dealt with Lisa Larson and her Labyrinth."
Amadeus agreed.

That's great, babe. Want me to check how your little angel is doing or do you think it's alright? He asked happily. I should also bring you later today the little natural spirit and maybe we'll see if we can make something a little stronger.

"You can...have a look at him...just to be sure...Tane but he do...feel a little...stronger now, he like it...when you sing to him...though."
Beatrice muttered and she gave you a weak smile and nodded.
"Something stronger for...the pain would...be welcome."

It will get stronger, master. I have never seen a healer like you and i'm sure he can't be in better hands. You've performed the impossible with rather scant Resources! cheared at her

Cita smiled a little then she said.
"Than you Tane, however you will be more skilled than me one day, you have a talent with Avatars the way you can sing them into manifesting, you could reach far."

Well, i'll tell you what. I need to have breakfast before going out to the Fera meeting. I'll go to the shop down the alley and make you whatever you like for breakfast, we share meal and i'll get on my way. We both will be here so he'll be taken care at all times. How does that sound?

"Breakfast sounds wonderful, would you terribly mind bringing some for Master Nassa as well? He have been up all night with Beatrice and he needs to eat."
Cita said and she glanced over at the Verbena who just frowned a bit.
"Do not worry about me, I have food in my fridge, I will go and make some for me, and these two kids later."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 am

Once the shield sprung into place, he felt better - more prepared. It was hard to believe that after all they had gone through, they had yet to strike down Larson and her insane plan yet but they would. They had to. He checked the time to see how close it was to when the Chief said to meet him and gathered up his items, shutting the door to his room behind him. He nodded to Jon again if he saw him and headed down the hall towards the stairs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 am

"That must have been terrifying but at the same time it is a sort of cool way to Awaken."
Rosa agreed and nodded.
"I do not think everyone hear their Avatar speak, Ryan says that sometimes it communicate in other ways, for example there is a girl here just a few years older than us and I heard her say once that she communicate with her Avatar through paintings."
She said and nodded.

"Now that would be freaky. Imagine just drawing one day and then having your painting suddenly speaking cryptic words of wisdom." Serge said, imagining just such a scenario.

"But they always find some way to communicate with us I think."
She added. Jane looked up at you and chimed in.
"My Avatar is a flower, he is really pretty. I do not know how I Awakened though, I just did, one day I could work magick...just like that."
She said then she looked a little sad.
"And then my parents got scared of me."

Serge nodded slightly, knowing from stories he had heard how parents of the newly Awakened reacted to their children.

"My parents didn't even really notice anything different with me. Then again they didn't really pay much attention to me." Serge said softly.

"A flower though! That's a neat looking Avatar." Serge said changing the subject quickly.

"I hope my Avatar has a really cool form that looks awesome. Like some sort of giant dragon covered in glistening blue scales." Serge said using his hands to emphasize how big the dragon would be.

Jane translated what you told Liv and then translated the reply back.
"Liv says thank you, she says she will always tressure the drawing you made for her Sir."
She said as she put her tiny arms around her new friend as the young Hermetic cried softly.

Their was deep pain in Serge's chest. Even if he knew that he hadn't done anything wrong and that Liv was happy to receive the picture, it still hurt him to see a young girl cry. He wanted to comfort her, but the language barrier between made that difficult.

Instead he just gave a soft smile and let the two young girls comfort each other.

"They generally want more attention, the ones I play with less are jealous of the ones I play with more Sir."
Jane said and nodded.
"Though I try to play with all of them from time to time."

"I see....so let's play with them all!" Serge said with a smile. "They can't all be jealous if we play with them at the same time."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 am

"I think it might be hard for us to be ourselves if we remember everything from former lives, you see some of those, especially among the Akashics who cultivate complete reincarnations, they just live their old life all over again instead of providing their Avatar with a new learning experience."
The Euthanathos said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "For some, those memories lead to long-lasting grudges... I know some are naturally reborn with full memories of their previous lives, making their existence a more linear continuation of the previous one than a new life."

Adjan frowned at that.
"Altering the Avatars of children is not a good thing. But yes hopefully one day the mystery will be solved."
He pondered, "Perhaps it will, perhaps not... Perhaps it is something better left alone."

"Let us hope she is willing to cooperate. And Mr Wainwright try not to get to fond of these prisoners you interact with, showing them kindness is good but please remember that their fate is a grim one."
He smiled wryly, "Too late for that, I'm afraid. Compassion is a double-edged sword at times... I know what is coming, yet I can't help feeling for them..."

He frowned at that.
"Hopefully yes...this task you have put on yourself tough is not going to be an easy one, the Traditions are a loosely allied war council, to make that into a tight knit unit will not be a simple task."
He nodded, "A loosely affiliated war council that must be forged into what it should have been from the start - a full-fledged alliance with a unified front."

"Well yes association can give the same punishment as joining the Fallen, there is no automatic sentence of Gilgul though, the ritual being used on Tradition members are extremely rare but it could happen and that is enough to drive some from our ranks."
Adjan said and he shuddered.
"I agree that the laws should be changed though."
He nodded, "It doesn't matter if it's not automatic, it's a possible sentence, and that's risky enough... If the maximum punishment for unwitting or unwilling association could be reduced to Branding, we might stand to gain much..."

"I remember that you held her up, I was there right outside the ritual chamber, poor Bee those screams..."
Adjan muttered softly and shuddered again.
"It is good news that you have those shards of her Avatar then, perhaps it will help her heal faster."
He nodded, "Within a couple of months, she will be walking, talking and comforting others on her own... I'm not an expert on Avatar injuries, but that seems quite quickly for something so traumatic."

"Hum...there is no limit to how far your Avatar can grow then Mr Wainwright?"
Adjan asked and he raised an eyebrow.
"That is a wondrous and terrifying concept, that you have Fallen shards in your soul is worrisome though, but you are not Fallen...not completely are you?"
He asked.
"No off course not and there in comes the vigilance I guess."
He nodded, "No limit that I can see... Her core is surrounded by a cloud of fragments she has not yet seamlessly merged into herself - so I have a lot of building materials still, even if I never acquire another fragment... And no, I'm not yet completely Fallen. Over the coming months, though, I expect I will be a little nervous at starting to grasp the edges of the Fallen language. Not enough to understand a single word, but just enough to get a hint of the intent or meaning behind a sentence... That part frightens me; it represents a genuine danger further down the road. Still, I have faith in Miss Florentine's restoration method. I have to have faith in it..."

"You would be amazed at the number of things toad brains go into."
Adjan said and frowned.
"Well yes alchemy is in many ways a bridge between magick and more sterile science, and it is a bridge it is wise to maintain."
He grimaced, "I'm not so sure I would be..."

"That would be the man indeed, a bloody turncoat. Well if you are going to hit the Nephandi Traditionalist I wish you luck in that and especially in taking down Jace, be careful though he is not a man to be trifled with."
The Technocrat said darkly.
He nodded, "We've met; very polite, though an obvious monster. Rather like a velvet bag you know is full of poisonous snakes."

"That should be within the realm of what is allowed."
The man agreed.
"One thing please do not mention for the doctor at the infirmary who we fought, she was his student back before he defected and the topic is still a sore one."
He said and frowned.
"And please tell them to hurry before we loose Jacobs!"
He nodded, "You fought a Fallen, that is all I will say about it."

A few of those going about their business on the Umbral port looked at you funny as you sprinted past. You got to the infirmary on the Technocracy side of the main building though with no one stopping you. The same doctor you had spoken to about the wounded Verbena was there bringing a patient with a burn on his hand into his office as you rushed in.
"Ah Mr Kent...what is the rush?"
She asked as she directed her patient to a chair and turned to look at you.
"When someone come rushing into my office there is usually an emergency."
The Progenitor said with no feeling in her voice what so ever.
He nodded, "Dr. Terlitzer, I am sorry to burst in on you like this - there's an Amalgam out by the parking lot, wounded in battle with the Fallen. At least one likely critical, or approaching critical. They need urgent assistance."
He nodded to the burn patient, "Pardon the interruption."

((OOC: I'm going to assume the good doctor calling Colin "Mr. Kent" was a slip-up on your side, since that was the alias he used in Chicago, while "Mr. Steed" is the name of choice for the Umbral Port? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:23 am

Adley:

Once the shield sprung into place, he felt better - more prepared. It was hard to believe that after all they had gone through, they had yet to strike down Larson and her insane plan yet but they would. They had to. He checked the time to see how close it was to when the Chief said to meet him and gathered up his items, shutting the door to his room behind him. He nodded to Jon again if he saw him and headed down the hall towards the stairs.

It was about five minutes until you where supposed to meet your Mentor. You walk out of your room with your bag and see that Jon rush over to the door to Dr Lee's room you saw that Nico had come out of it and the rebis was just about to collapse down to the floor as she was trying to make it out of the doctor's room where she had been resting other than when carried down to the cafeteria after the attack, and out into the hallway. Jon where rushing over to Nico to prevent her fro falling over.
"Hey, hey, hey take it easy...here lean on me let us get you back inside eh..."
Jon mutters in a comforting tone of voice.

Serge:

"Now that would be freaky. Imagine just drawing one day and then having your painting suddenly speaking cryptic words of wisdom." Serge said, imagining just such a scenario.

"I doubt that Miss Alexander's paintings speak in words I have not seen them but it is more likely that the communication are symbolic in what she paint."
Rosa said and she raised an eyebrow.

Serge nodded slightly, knowing from stories he had heard how parents of the newly Awakened reacted to their children.

"My parents didn't even really notice anything different with me. Then again they didn't really pay much attention to me." Serge said softly.

"You should tell your parents to be nicer to you Sir."
Jane said then she looked down sadly.
"I think I would have preferred if my parents simply ignored me though rather than being scared of me for that really suck."
She said and sigh.
"Well my Mentor takes care of me now and she is really nice."
She said and brightened a little bit.

"A flower though! That's a neat looking Avatar." Serge said changing the subject quickly.

"I hope my Avatar has a really cool form that looks awesome. Like some sort of giant dragon covered in glistening blue scales." Serge said using his hands to emphasize how big the dragon would be.

"He is neat and I see him in my dreams, he is always there growing inside of me and there is a nice, warm light shining down on him from above, warming him and me and flowing out of me when I sing."
Jane said and nodded proudly.
"A dragon would be cool, will he be able to breathe fire Sir?"
She asked excitedly.

Their was deep pain in Serge's chest. Even if he knew that he hadn't done anything wrong and that Liv was happy to receive the picture, it still hurt him to see a young girl cry. He wanted to comfort her, but the language barrier between made that difficult.

Instead he just gave a soft smile and let the two young girls comfort each other.

The two young girls held one another closely for a moment then Liv wiped her tears and looked at you again and smiled.
"Gratia."
She muttered again.

"I see....so let's play with them all!" Serge said with a smile. "They can't all be jealous if we play with them at the same time."

"Yeah we should have a huge tea party with all of them that might make them less jealous of one another."
Jane said happily.
"They should not be jelaous Sir but I think they might be to spoiled Sir."
She declared firmly.

(OOC: I do not have time to reply to another post right now so I will have to reply to Warp's post who just ticked in a little later sorry about that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Colin nodded, "For some, those memories lead to long-lasting grudges... I know some are naturally reborn with full memories of their previous lives, making their existence a more linear continuation of the previous one than a new life."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Yes that is more like a form of immortality."
He agreed.
"Ancient Egyptian immortality rites where often based on this idea of making existence continue in in a new form. But yes it can be problematic."

He pondered, "Perhaps it will, perhaps not... Perhaps it is something better left alone."

"Perhaps so then again knowing what happened to the twins would bring some closure to the Verbena and perhaps lessen their hatred for the Solificati Tradition."

He smiled wryly, "Too late for that, I'm afraid. Compassion is a double-edged sword at times... I know what is coming, yet I can't help feeling for them..."

Adjan sigh at that.
"No I guess you can not avoid that...even so I hope you will not become to emotionally hurt by this."

He nodded, "A loosely affiliated war council that must be forged into what it should have been from the start - a full-fledged alliance with a unified front."

"Indeed but considering that my Tradition where at war with three of the other at the time the Traditions where formed, The Hermetics and the Verbena was rather on again and off again, the Dreamspeakers had been stepped on and abused by half of the others well just to mention a few of the issues it is a wonder we have lasted as long as we have without killing each other, if it was not for the need of safety in numbers I doubt the Traditions would have lasted until present day and changing that will not be easy as I said."
The Euthanathos said and sigh again.

He nodded, "It doesn't matter if it's not automatic, it's a possible sentence, and that's risky enough... If the maximum punishment for unwitting or unwilling association could be reduced to Branding, we might stand to gain much..."

"You will have no argument from me there Mr Wainwright the question is more how to make a room full of dusty old mages to change such laws."
He said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Within a couple of months, she will be walking, talking and comforting others on her own... I'm not an expert on Avatar injuries, but that seems quite quickly for something so traumatic."

"That is quite impressive I have no great experience with such injuries either but I know a couple of people who have been Branded who have taken longer than that to get back on their feet."
Adjan said and nodded.
"She is a strong kid despite being so tiny."

He nodded, "No limit that I can see... Her core is surrounded by a cloud of fragments she has not yet seamlessly merged into herself - so I have a lot of building materials still, even if I never acquire another fragment... And no, I'm not yet completely Fallen. Over the coming months, though, I expect I will be a little nervous at starting to grasp the edges of the Fallen language. Not enough to understand a single word, but just enough to get a hint of the intent or meaning behind a sentence... That part frightens me; it represents a genuine danger further down the road. Still, I have faith in Miss Florentine's restoration method. I have to have faith in it..."

"I see...I am pretty sure there are a few who study spirits who would love to study you Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"I can see how that can be terrifying yes. I hope Miss Florentine can get to a state where she will be able to impart what she did to cleanse herself, the poor girl is hardly able to talk in her current condition."
He said and shuddered again."

He grimaced, "I'm not so sure I would be..."

Adjan grinned at that.

He nodded, "We've met; very polite, though an obvious monster. Rather like a velvet bag you know is full of poisonous snakes."

"A very polite psychopath who could not care less about the lives of others."
The Technocrat commented.

He nodded, "You fought a Fallen, that is all I will say about it."

"You have my gratitude for that Traditionalist."
He said and inclined his head towards you.

He nodded, "Dr. Terlitzer, I am sorry to burst in on you like this - there's an Amalgam out by the parking lot, wounded in battle with the Fallen. At least one likely critical, or approaching critical. They need urgent assistance."

The Progenitor looked at you for a moment then she nodded and grabbed her bag and a small spray bottle.
"Please sit here and wait for my return Mr Allero."
She told the man with the burned hand then she told a younger woman who where disinfecting a steel bowl in the back of the infirmary.
"Nurse Neller please take care of those patients that do not directly need my care, I will be right back."
She said and the nurse nodded.
"I will do so Doctor."
She promised as Terlitzer went to the closest doorframe and sprayed it, a thick, membrane formed in the doorway that she then passed through and was gone, bits of the broken teleportation membrane being left hanging on the doorframe. Nurse Neller sigh and got a cloth and some disinfectant and begun to wash the doorway.
"I wish she would stop doing that."
She grumbled as she worked.

He nodded to the burn patient, "Pardon the interruption."

The man with the burned hand shrugged and settled down in his chair.
"Nah don't worry about it man, it is not the first time and will not be the last I get some scrapes working on ship engines I can wait."

(OOC: Yeah my mistake sorry about that.)

(OOC 2: I have returned from mall before Christmas hell victorious with Christmas gifts in hand.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Adjan nodded at that.
"Yes that is more like a form of immortality."
He agreed.
"Ancient Egyptian immortality rites where often based on this idea of making existence continue in in a new form. But yes it can be problematic."
Colin frowned, "I think I prefer what I have been given - my own life, sprinkled with some impressive memories of a past existence, but while those memories are as vivid as my own, there's still a sort of slight disconnect, an awareness that those memories are not from my life, even if there are lessons to be learned and remembered..."

"Perhaps so then again knowing what happened to the twins would bring some closure to the Verbena and perhaps lessen their hatred for the Solificati Tradition."
He nodded, "I suppose we could ask them directly - I know they have some connection to their past incarnations; possibly enough to hold a few key memories that can reveal that story..."

Adjan sigh at that.
"No I guess you can not avoid that...even so I hope you will not become to emotionally hurt by this."
He nodded, "I will grieve. When and as appropriate. I will light candles for their passing, as honourable enemies deserve... Even the Fallen have individuals that have a certain fiber of decency in them, and that should not be ignored..."

"Indeed but considering that my Tradition where at war with three of the other at the time the Traditions where formed, The Hermetics and the Verbena was rather on again and off again, the Dreamspeakers had been stepped on and abused by half of the others well just to mention a few of the issues it is a wonder we have lasted as long as we have without killing each other, if it was not for the need of safety in numbers I doubt the Traditions would have lasted until present day and changing that will not be easy as I said."
The Euthanathos said and sigh again.
He smiled wryly, "No, not easy... but it's my windmill to tilt at, I suppose. Besides, I don't believe a change in the law needs to be unanimous among the Primi... I will have to start persuading them, one at a time."

"That is quite impressive I have no great experience with such injuries either but I know a couple of people who have been Branded who have taken longer than that to get back on their feet."
Adjan said and nodded.
"She is a strong kid despite being so tiny."
He grinned, "She is her Mentor's apprentice... and in a way, my daughter, as well. I will admit to a measure of smug satisfaction."

"I see...I am pretty sure there are a few who study spirits who would love to study you Mr Wainwright."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"I can see how that can be terrifying yes. I hope Miss Florentine can get to a state where she will be able to impart what she did to cleanse herself, the poor girl is hardly able to talk in her current condition."
He said and shuddered again."
He grinned, "And there are two who I would allow to do so presently... one of which is visiting Steelhaven right now, and the other of which is living in Chicago."
He leaned back and smiled thinly, "I wonder if Miss Florentine has been given her new Avatar yet... probably not; it's likely going to take a little more preparation..."

"A very polite psychopath who could not care less about the lives of others."
The Technocrat commented.
He nodded, "Except insofar as how they can be of use to him. He was stealing lumbar needles from a hospital. We managed to chase him off without anyone noticing, and more importantly, without anyone else being hurt."

"You have my gratitude for that Traditionalist."
He said and inclined his head towards you.
He smiled thinly, "I hope that extends to you carefully not recognizing me in the streets in the future... Well, that's perhaps a little much, but all the same..."

The Progenitor looked at you for a moment then she nodded and grabbed her bag and a small spray bottle.
"Please sit here and wait for my return Mr Allero."
She told the man with the burned hand then she told a younger woman who where disinfecting a steel bowl in the back of the infirmary.
"Nurse Neller please take care of those patients that do not directly need my care, I will be right back."
She said and the nurse nodded.
"I will do so Doctor."
She promised as Terlitzer went to the closest doorframe and sprayed it, a thick, membrane formed in the doorway that she then passed through and was gone, bits of the broken teleportation membrane being left hanging on the doorframe. Nurse Neller sigh and got a cloth and some disinfectant and begun to wash the doorway.
"I wish she would stop doing that."
She grumbled as she worked.
He arched an eyebrow at Nurse Neller, "It's an efficient mode of travel, I'll grant, but rather messy. I think I would prefer using something more permanent, like an enchanted mirrorframe or some manner of energy portal that just won't leave sticky gunk behind. Oh, well, I hope the agents make it without lasting injury..."

The man with the burned hand shrugged and settled down in his chair.
"Nah don't worry about it man, it is not the first time and will not be the last I get some scrapes working on ship engines I can wait."
He smiled wryly, "Spoken like every military mechanic I've ever met... Air Force or Navy background?"
He shook his head, "Sorry, should not fraternize; please overlook the prying question... We'll probably cross paths again soon enough. But if you could point me to where I can find where to find a particular vessel, that would be greatly appreciated."

((OOC: Just checking. If she'd used the Clark Kent alias, Colin would have been WORRIED, since he used that in Chicago. Razz ))

((OOC: Why do I have the mental image of you handing out Christmas presents that come with a faint hint of smoke and a slightly sulfurous smell? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked around, taking it all in, wondering whether actually labelling the things might be better. Did as bidden; setting the fuel controls to three.

'Is it possible to fit normal guns to this thing? And can this ship hover, like a chopper?' she asked, watching the screen, seeing if they'd pick up any extra attention. Utterly unaware that her chance remark would be so pertinent regarding the proposed future pilot...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "I think I prefer what I have been given - my own life, sprinkled with some impressive memories of a past existence, but while those memories are as vivid as my own, there's still a sort of slight disconnect, an awareness that those memories are not from my life, even if there are lessons to be learned and remembered..."

"I feel the same way Mr Wainwright I have some memories from several lives I have lived but they are clearly not my memories even if I learn from them, I am my own person and whoever comes after me will be their own person as well, that is the best way I would not want to be reincarnated as exactly the same person my lessons have already been learned."
Adjan said and nodded.

He nodded, "I suppose we could ask them directly - I know they have some connection to their past incarnations; possibly enough to hold a few key memories that can reveal that story..."

"We could try to ask them directly indeed, it might be a good idea though we can not reveal what we find out to the Verbena without also revealing your secret which will be a problem."

He nodded, "I will grieve. When and as appropriate. I will light candles for their passing, as honourable enemies deserve... Even the Fallen have individuals that have a certain fiber of decency in them, and that should not be ignored..."

The Euthanatos said nothing to that but he just gave a slight nod.

He smiled wryly, "No, not easy... but it's my windmill to tilt at, I suppose. Besides, I don't believe a change in the law needs to be unanimous among the Primi... I will have to start persuading them, one at a time."

"I wish you the best of luck with that though I have to admit to having my doubts as to how feasible this will be."
Adjan said sounding a bit skeptical.

He grinned, "She is her Mentor's apprentice... and in a way, my daughter, as well. I will admit to a measure of smug satisfaction."

"Family relations among the Awakened get complicated."
Adjan said sounding amused.
"But yes she is at that an she is a tough little blood witch."

He grinned, "And there are two who I would allow to do so presently... one of which is visiting Steelhaven right now, and the other of which is living in Chicago."

"Master Telar then I assume and who is the other one if I may ask?"

He leaned back and smiled thinly, "I wonder if Miss Florentine has been given her new Avatar yet... probably not; it's likely going to take a little more preparation..."

"Ehm...excuse me what?"
The Euthanathos exclaimed and glanced at you looking rather shocked.

He nodded, "Except insofar as how they can be of use to him. He was stealing lumbar needles from a hospital. We managed to chase him off without anyone noticing, and more importantly, without anyone else being hurt."

"It do not surprise me that he would be stealing such supplies, it is good you got him chased away without endangering any sleepers at least."
The Technocrat said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "I hope that extends to you carefully not recognizing me in the streets in the future... Well, that's perhaps a little much, but all the same..."

"I have to obey the orders of Command but I will hope that we will not meet again Traditionalist."
He said firmly.

He arched an eyebrow at Nurse Neller, "It's an efficient mode of travel, I'll grant, but rather messy. I think I would prefer using something more permanent, like an enchanted mirrorframe or some manner of energy portal that just won't leave sticky gunk behind. Oh, well, I hope the agents make it without lasting injury..."

Nurse Neller nodded as she cleaned the doorframe.
"The Doctor is not a mystic she can not travel using a mirror that makes no logical sense Mr Steed was it? But yes this is a messy mode of transportation, and unfortunately it is my job to clean up the mess."
She grumbled.
"I to hope the Agents will make it, thank you for letting us know they are in trouble Mr Steed."

He smiled wryly, "Spoken like every military mechanic I've ever met... Air Force or Navy background?"
He shook his head, "Sorry, should not fraternize; please overlook the prying question... We'll probably cross paths again soon enough. But if you could point me to where I can find where to find a particular vessel, that would be greatly appreciated."

The man with the burned hand grinned a little.
"Ah don't worry about it I am with the Void Engineers I do not give a rat's ass about this damn war as long as me and mine is not under direct attack. I was a marine before I Awakened and was transferred to...ehm other agencies so to speak, I did a stint with the Iteration X that did not end to well and I got transferred to the Engineers."
He explained.
"And sure, what ship are you looking for I can show you the way since I have to wait for Doc to come back anyway and my hand do not hurt any less if my ass is moving then if I am sitting in a chair."
He said and shrugged.

Nicole:

Nicole looked around, taking it all in, wondering whether actually labelling the things might be better. Did as bidden; setting the fuel controls to three.

The ship rumbled as it took of and there was a bit of a strange feeling as it left the pocket realm the Umbral dock was in and floated out into the Penumbra hovering over a representation of the city, a representation that where just more symbolic, where bright colors shone out of a school and a police station looked like a fortress.

'Is it possible to fit normal guns to this thing? And can this ship hover, like a chopper?' she asked, watching the screen, seeing if they'd pick up any extra attention. Utterly unaware that her chance remark would be so pertinent regarding the proposed future pilot...

"It can hover yes, as for guns well in the Penumbra probably but further out into the layers of the Ether it might be more tricky as the concept gun might not be firmly enough established to have a actual reality."
Rodger said. You saw one blip on the monitor, a cryptid was out there but it did not seam to interested in the ship.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:37 pm

'Still, something to think about - giving the ship a few more teeth wouldn't hurt.' Nicole replied, after calling out the on-screen Cryptid.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 pm

You walk out of your room with your bag and see that Jon rush over to the door to Dr Lee's room you saw that Nico had come out of it and the rebis was just about to collapse down to the floor as she was trying to make it out of the doctor's room where she had been resting other than when carried down to the cafeteria after the attack, and out into the hallway. Jon where rushing over to Nico to prevent her fro falling over. "Hey, hey, hey take it easy...here lean on me let us get you back inside eh..."

Adley rushed over to Jon and Nico, "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, concerned for Nico's welfare.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm

"I doubt that Miss Alexander's paintings speak in words I have not seen them but it is more likely that the communication are symbolic in what she paint."
Rosa said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Awww man. I'd much prefer just tripping out and seeing your painting move and talk." Serge said with a laugh.

"Well my Mentor takes care of me now and she is really nice."
She said and brightened a little bit.

"That's good to hear. Your Mentor is a really nice person." Serge said remembering the old women fondly and wondering what she'd look like in a pointy witch's hat.

"He is neat and I see him in my dreams, he is always there growing inside of me and there is a nice, warm light shining down on him from above, warming him and me and flowing out of me when I sing."
Jane said and nodded proudly.

"I see my Avatar in dreams as well. He like creating fun little worlds for me whenever I doze off. Serge said with a smile.

"A dragon would be cool, will he be able to breathe fire Sir?"
She asked excitedly.

"I dunno about fire.....maybe pencil lead." Serge said wondering how such a dragon would like.

"I mean, drawings are my main form of magick. He could breathe pencil lead on the ground while flying to create giant pictures on the landscape." Serge said with a smile.

The two young girls held one another closely for a moment then Liv wiped her tears and looked at you again and smiled.
"Gratia."
She muttered again.

Serge nodded and smiled. "It's no problem."

"Yeah we should have a huge tea party with all of them that might make them less jealous of one another."
Jane said happily.
"They should not be jelaous Sir but I think they might be to spoiled Sir."
She declared firmly.

"Let's have one right now! We got food." Serge said glancing at the cookies and popcorn within Rosa's room. A small party with dolls could be enough to bring Liv's mind off her imprisoned father.

"Now all we need is Tea!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Nicole:

'Still, something to think about - giving the ship a few more teeth wouldn't hurt.' Nicole replied, after calling out the on-screen Cryptid.

"Yeah perhaps if physical bullets will even work on a non manifested extra dimensional entity but I guess such weapons could have some use."
Rodger said and then he nodded at the cryptid.
"Hum yeah there it is, it is just a little one though and it do not seam to interested in us I think we will be fine...and talking of fine the ship do seam to handle well enough."
He said and maneuvered the shuttle around a skyscraper made of green stone.
"It is not fighter but it will do."

Adley:

Adley rushed over to Jon and Nico, "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, concerned for Nico's welfare.

Nico looked at you they where pale and drawn and should not be on their feet.
"My Avatar...it is uneasy I do not know how to explain it...nor what it want to say but it is rare for it to share it's emotions with me in such a way I think it might be an warning."
The rebis said as she struggled to stay on her feet.
"I...I wanted to tell someone...perhaps it is not relevant I...am sorry..."

Serge:

"Awww man. I'd much prefer just tripping out and seeing your painting move and talk." Serge said with a laugh.

"Well not my painting but yes...I guess that would have made the whole thing easier but our Avatars from what I am told do not like to make it to easy for us."

"That's good to hear. Your Mentor is a really nice person." Serge said remembering the old women fondly and wondering what she'd look like in a pointy witch's hat.

"Yeah she is really nice, she can be stern but she is always fair."
Jane said and nodded.

"I see my Avatar in dreams as well. He like creating fun little worlds for me whenever I doze off. Serge said with a smile.

"That is a really cool Avatar Sir, what sort of worlds do your Avatar create for you?"
She asked curiously.

"I dunno about fire.....maybe pencil lead." Serge said wondering how such a dragon would like.

"I mean, drawings are my main form of magick. He could breathe pencil lead on the ground while flying to create giant pictures on the landscape." Serge said with a smile.

"Ohhh that is so cool Sir that would be a great dragon, what would he look like?"
Jane said and she translated for Liv who giggled an nodded. Jane smiled.
"Perhaps he can breathe crayons to Sir."

Serge nodded and smiled. "It's no problem."

Liv nodded to you and gave you a small smile.

"Let's have one right now! We got food." Serge said glancing at the cookies and popcorn within Rosa's room. A small party with dolls could be enough to bring Liv's mind off her imprisoned father.

"Now all we need is Tea!"

"We are going to have to get my dolls as well."
Jane said
"And we can have pretend tea Sir."
She said. Rosa looked a little skeptical.
"Ehm Serge can I have a few words with you?"
She asked.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Nico looked at you they where pale and drawn and should not be on their feet. "My Avatar...it is uneasy I do not know how to explain it...nor what it want to say but it is rare for it to share it's emotions with me in such a way I think it might be an warning." The rebis said as she struggled to stay on her feet. "I...I wanted to tell someone...perhaps it is not relevant I...am sorry..."

"There is no need to apologize, I can carry your message, but is there something more that can help? A direction of the feeling? A taste or color, perhaps. Can you try to describe it?" he asked, gently. "Perhaps we should have them stay with someone..." he said, worried.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Anja's Post:

'I was more thinking of the things not native to this dimension.' Nicole replied, staring at the building curiously. 'Does this thing have any shields, or is it fully reliant on hull strength?'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected typo!)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 pm

"That is a really cool Avatar Sir, what sort of worlds do your Avatar create for you?"
She asked curiously.

"Forest, castles, sometimes swamps, great open fields, and other things fantastical things of that nature. I always had a fascination with being the main character in a TV show so I guess this is his way of fulfilling that wish." Serge said with a shrug.

"Ohhh that is so cool Sir that would be a great dragon, what would he look like?"
Jane said and she translated for Liv who giggled an nodded. Jane smiled.
"Perhaps he can breathe crayons to Sir."

"Probably rainbow-colored." Serge said holding up the multi-colored crayons he got from the Deaconess.

"And if he does breathe crayons I hope it will be these unicorn ones. Didn't they feel cool to draw with?"

Rosa looked a little skeptical.
"Ehm Serge can I have a few words with you?"
She asked.

Serge took note at the skepticism on Rosa's face and brought up a worried look of his own.

"Sure thing." Serge said glancing at Rosa and wondering what he did wrong this time.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:45 pm

"I feel the same way Mr Wainwright I have some memories from several lives I have lived but they are clearly not my memories even if I learn from them, I am my own person and whoever comes after me will be their own person as well, that is the best way I would not want to be reincarnated as exactly the same person my lessons have already been learned."
Adjan said and nodded.
Colin smiled wryly, "Make new mistakes to learn from, rather than repeating the old..."

"We could try to ask them directly indeed, it might be a good idea though we can not reveal what we find out to the Verbena without also revealing your secret which will be a problem."
He nodded, "Going with direct testimony would be risky. Getting ideas for where to look, on the other hand... that could be camouflaged as a lucky break - a wild-assed guess that paid off."

"I wish you the best of luck with that though I have to admit to having my doubts as to how feasible this will be."
Adjan said sounding a bit skeptical.
He smiled enigmatically, "Well, I think it would be safest to start by manipulating a future Prima - make sure her heart and mind is in the right place on the matter before she takes the Seat, so to speak..."

"Master Telar then I assume and who is the other one if I may ask?"
He smiled thinly, "That would be Master Ir, the Nephandi turncoat. By general consensus - including his own - his skills with Avatars is second only to that of Master Telar."

"Ehm...excuse me what?"
The Euthanathos exclaimed and glanced at you looking rather shocked.
He scratched his nose, "There is an Avatar we know of, a secondary Avatar belonging to a Mage in Boston. It has let its host know it is ready to migrate to a different Mage, and has expressed an interest in Miss Florentine. I believe a little coaxing will be necessary to... make the transfer, but I also believe it will work as close to perfectly as could be hoped for. I don't pretend to understand the finer details of it, but I believe it may be possible."

"It do not surprise me that he would be stealing such supplies, it is good you got him chased away without endangering any sleepers at least."
The Technocrat said and nodded.
He nodded, "Under other circumstances, I might have had to fight him, but under the circumstances... discretion is the better part of valour."

"I have to obey the orders of Command but I will hope that we will not meet again Traditionalist."
He said firmly.
He nodded, "I will take what concessions I can get."

Nurse Neller nodded as she cleaned the doorframe.
"The Doctor is not a mystic she can not travel using a mirror that makes no logical sense Mr Steed was it? But yes this is a messy mode of transportation, and unfortunately it is my job to clean up the mess."
She grumbled.
"I to hope the Agents will make it, thank you for letting us know they are in trouble Mr Steed."
He shrugged, "Yes, John Steed. Using a mirror frame instead of the doorframe might at least make the door less messy... And it was the right thing to do; enemies or not, we're both fighting a greater foe, and it would be morally and ethically wrong to let even one of your people bleed out on the proverbial threshold of the clinic..."

The man with the burned hand grinned a little.
"Ah don't worry about it I am with the Void Engineers I do not give a rat's ass about this damn war as long as me and mine is not under direct attack. I was a marine before I Awakened and was transferred to...ehm other agencies so to speak, I did a stint with the Iteration X that did not end to well and I got transferred to the Engineers."
He explained.
"And sure, what ship are you looking for I can show you the way since I have to wait for Doc to come back anyway and my hand do not hurt any less if my ass is moving then if I am sitting in a chair."
He said and shrugged.
He nodded, "Rather a pity the Union got you first - you might have enjoyed the Sons of Ether more. They have an Adventurer faction, I believe - essentially, pulp-era adventurers. I'm a pilot, myself - kept up the certification after honourable discharge and everything. At any rate, I'm looking for a small shuttlecraft owned by Jeffry Morgan. It's a small, boxy thing, not too dissimilar to the original series Star Trek shuttles."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:50 am

Adley:

"There is no need to apologize, I can carry your message, but is there something more that can help? A direction of the feeling? A taste or color, perhaps. Can you try to describe it?" he asked, gently. "Perhaps we should have them stay with someone..." he said, worried.

Nico looked up at you for a moment, she gave a cough and then winced before she spoke.
"It feels like danger...before we joined, one of my parts where nearly killed in a robbery a bullet was fired at him and it went right past his head and hit the store window behind him, my other self woke up at the same time with this terrible feeling of danger...it is that same feeling."
The rebis muttered.
"I am not sure of the direction, perhaps not right here but...I can not shake the feeling of something terrible approaching."
They said and shuddered. Jon looked at you and nodded.
"Probably but who, most of us is pretty busy, perhaps we should ask Richard to have a look at her...ehm them..."
He suggested.

Nicole:

'I was more thinking of the things not native to this dimension.' Nicole replied, staring at the building curiously. 'Does this thing have any shields, or is it fully reliant on hull strength?'

"That is true enough we can suggjest such a modification for Master Morgan."
Rodger said as he circled the building.
"No it do not seam like it have shields of any kind the hull is steel plated Primium though so it should be able to take a beating, you might sense that some types of science are harder to do in here, well that would be the Primium, it is the same metal that make the bloody HIT-Marks so damn hard to kill."
The older Etherite said and frowned.
"Just thinking about the bastards makes me want a drink."
He grumbled.

Serge:

"Forest, castles, sometimes swamps, great open fields, and other things fantastical things of that nature. I always had a fascination with being the main character in a TV show so I guess this is his way of fulfilling that wish." Serge said with a shrug.

Jane nodded.
"That sounds really pretty."
She commented.
"So you want to be an actor Sir since you want to be in a TV show?"

"Probably rainbow-colored." Serge said holding up the multi-colored crayons he got from the Deaconess.

"And if he does breathe crayons I hope it will be these unicorn ones. Didn't they feel cool to draw with?"

"Oh rainbow colored that is so neat, every scale can be of a different color."
Jane said enthusiastically, she glanced at your crayons and nodded.
"They where really cool to draw with Sir and so pretty you are lucky who got them the Deaconess O'Connor must really like you."

Serge took note at the skepticism on Rosa's face and brought up a worried look of his own.

"Sure thing." Serge said glancing at Rosa and wondering what he did wrong this time.

Rosa pulled you a little to the side and whispered to you so the girls would not hear.
"You are ware Serge that the others are preparing for war? That in a short while there will be an attack on Larson's Labyrinth and those of us who are not able to fight will be left here to defend the Chantry, now you are initiated and I am not so you outrank me, it is not my place to question your actions but do you really think right now is the time for a pretend tea party?"

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Make new mistakes to learn from, rather than repeating the old..."

Adjan nodded at that and smiled.
"Exactly."

He nodded, "Going with direct testimony would be risky. Getting ideas for where to look, on the other hand... that could be camouflaged as a lucky break - a wild-assed guess that paid off."

He just nodded at that.

He smiled enigmatically, "Well, I think it would be safest to start by manipulating a future Prima - make sure her heart and mind is in the right place on the matter before she takes the Seat, so to speak..."

"Manipulating one who will become one of the Nine that sound like a risky thing to do, especially if she discover your manipulation Mr Wainwright, you need to be careful that you are not burned by your own schemes."
The Euthanathos warned.

He smiled thinly, "That would be Master Ir, the Nephandi turncoat. By general consensus - including his own - his skills with Avatars is second only to that of Master Telar."

"Ah yes we heard about him in Chicago the man who could not be Gilgulled so he was accreted as a probationary member of a Chantry instead...hum..."
Adjan said.
"Are you sure it is wise to let a Nephandus examine your Avatar Mr Wainwright?"

He scratched his nose, "There is an Avatar we know of, a secondary Avatar belonging to a Mage in Boston. It has let its host know it is ready to migrate to a different Mage, and has expressed an interest in Miss Florentine. I believe a little coaxing will be necessary to... make the transfer, but I also believe it will work as close to perfectly as could be hoped for. I don't pretend to understand the finer details of it, but I believe it may be possible."

"An companion Avatar then...that often can create some problems for the host with just what we described earlier, the secondary soul remembers everything from earlier lives and so you get complete reincarnations."
Adjan mushed.
"Hum...well if such a thing takes place that would be wondrous news indeed and it will give poor Miss Florentine a new lease on life and then perhaps she can tell us what she did to cleanse her old soul."

He nodded, "Under other circumstances, I might have had to fight him, but under the circumstances... discretion is the better part of valour."

The Technocrat nodded at that.
"Agreed."

He nodded, "I will take what concessions I can get."

The Union man just nodded at that.

He shrugged, "Yes, John Steed. Using a mirror frame instead of the doorframe might at least make the door less messy... And it was the right thing to do; enemies or not, we're both fighting a greater foe, and it would be morally and ethically wrong to let even one of your people bleed out on the proverbial threshold of the clinic..."

"Perhaps she can use one of those foldable hoola hoops then the whole thing could be taken apart an thrown in the dish washer when she is done."
The nurse said and sigh.
"Then again I guess I am her dishwasher."
Se grumbled as she continued to scrub the doorframe.
"Even so Traditionalist I do appreciate it not everyone would show kindness to an enemy."

He nodded, "Rather a pity the Union got you first - you might have enjoyed the Sons of Ether more. They have an Adventurer faction, I believe - essentially, pulp-era adventurers.

The man nodded at that.
"I suspect I might have at that, but the Union did get to me first and I am not one to betray my loyalties."
He declared.
"Though I wish this war would end, some of us have better things to do than killing each other, like building more Umbra ships."

I'm a pilot, myself - kept up the certification after honourable discharge and everything. At any rate, I'm looking for a small shuttlecraft owned by Jeffry Morgan. It's a small, boxy thing, not too dissimilar to the original series Star Trek shuttles."

"I have a pilot certificate but not military, I just enjoy machines."
He said as he begun to lead you out of the clinic.
"I am sorry for not giving you my name I guess I better not though first names should not hurt should it, that is Rolf."
He said then he nodded again and pointed with his burned hand.
"Ok behind this main building there are several small hangers the smaller ships are there let me see if I can not find Miss Tanner-Smith she is the dock's record keeper she will be able to tell you exactly where the ship you are looking for are located."
He said as he begun to walk with Nurse Neller's protest that he should not go anywhere before he had his hand tended to.
"I will be right back love and if the wound gets dirty there are stuff for that."
Rolf commented and shrugged.
"She is in my Amalgam that is our version of a Cabal."
He explained to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:01 am

Who's this Lisa Larson? Sounds like a Marvel character. He said, trying to lift the spirits of the people around them.

Tane Caressed her head like one would a child and smiled Ok then. Let's see. Just relax. He said, and took her hands between his and sang her melancholic song a little until smoke came out of their joined hands. A cloud formed and it slowly rose to the ceiling, covering them as a screen of dense mist.

We could certainly all have breakfast together. Your patient is downstairs too, right? And Bae needs nourishment. So, what would you like for breakfast?

Amadeus grinned a little at that.
"She do sound like that now don't she, but she is the leader of the Labyrinth we are having troubles with."
He explained.
"And today will be her end!"
He promised darkly.

Beatrice gave you a slight smile and relaxed as her Avatar came into view the broken old fallen angle looked a little more like a forest god now, bits of bark were seen here and there and he was carrying a brightly burning, uncorrupted torch in his right hand, his wings where still broken though and he was filled with cuts and wounds including the one that had nearly slit him in two. The Avatar looked at you then drew back it was afraid it had been hurt twice and where terrified of being hurt again. Beatrice shivered with her Avatar's fear but then the wounded soul seamed to recognize you and he lifted the touch to look at you better in it's light, a warm, protective light which for some reason where Dynamic while the forest god clearly where Primordial. For a while the Avatar just stood there looking at you doing nothing just looking at you with his eyes made of nothingness.

"Currently my patients are Bee and Tobias the elderly Etherite I treated got collected by his Chantrymates, he is well enough to be tended to by his own, though I suspect I will have some Paradox injuries to see to as the day progress."
Cita said still in awe of what you had sung into being.
"Ehm yes breakfast...well I can eat anything really but Bee and Tobias should have something simple and not to overwhelming, some porridge perhaps."
She suggested.

(OOC please use the new thread it is here: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t130p150-the-aswadim-s-blood-battles-and-the-lonely-handler-ic-thread-23 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next