Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:32 pm

"They are sleepers why should we follow their ideology and politics, even if you want to protect some sheep do not mean you have to adopt their norms and morals."
Nurse Neller bit back.
"But no being sent to Room 101 would not be...good not good at all."
She said darkly.
"Goodbye Mr Steed."
Colin smiled thinly, "Because sorting people into classes worthy of different legal, moral and ethical protection is a dangerous game to play... All the same, stay safe, Nurse Neller."

Rolf nodded.
"Yes I rather suspect there is more to it than just a bit of gray matter indeed but such speculation can be dangerous even for an Engineer it is easy to be accused of Deviancy."
He said simply.
He nodded, "Discretion is the better part of valour."

"I do indeed make sure that I am careful...I have seen victims of such procedures and I concur something vital is missing, beyond that the thought of not being able to travle the dimensions ever again is truly terrifying."
Rolf said and shuddered.
He frowned, "Before, you saw only shades of grey, and tasted only mashed potatoes. After your Genius sparked, you've seen a colour spectrum you never knew were there, and had your palate acclimatized to a wide range of flavours and seasonings. No, you would not want to lose that... because you would still remember everything you had lost..."

The Void Engineer nodded at that.
"It is a great speech and a good scene. I do like old movies, there is something well...magical about them that newer productions lack."
He said and smiled.
He nodded, "Pathos. Most screen and film actors lack the stage training needed to properly project. Oh, some have it innately, but by and large, there is simply a hole in their training. You can often tell quickly, whether an actor merely looks good, or if he's just that little bit larger than life. For example, in the movie Superman, the first with Christopher Reeve, there's a scene where he takes up his shoulders and straightens his back, just for a few moments... The posture change, the intensity of his eyes, the impression of strength - he showed without saying a word about it how people are unable to realize Superman and Clark Kent are the same person."

"Usually resources for an investigation will not be allocated over the word of a Traditionalist but if you get me such a list Mr Steed I will see what I can do with it."
Rolf said and nodded.
"Kicking the Fallen to the curb is worth the risk though that I agree with."
He nodded, "I expect I will be around here often enough in the foreseeable future - I'll be getting flying lessons for, hm, dimensional travel. We might speak again, if our paths cross..."

"I am pleased to meet you Mr Steed."
The woman turned to regard you.
"Master Morgan's shuttle it is most popular today it seams I just directed a group to it...a few moments ago."
She said and she looked a bit uneasy.
"Hangar nine slot four Mr Steed."
She said and pointed to one of the smaller hangars.
He nodded and grinned, "That would be my pilot for today and probably the shuttle's maintenance crew. For today, I will play the part of passenger and payload, but later, oh, I will make the old girl dance."

Just as you where talking with the Technocrat you saw a man wander into the hanger area, one of many he held a sandwich in one hand and where talking on his phone, there where little to tell him from the rest of the visitors to the Umbral port, he was a tall man, wearing blue jeans, a white t shirt and dark gray jacket, suddenly though his food and phone fell to the ground and he cried out then he sort of hit the ground with his knees in a gesture of genuflection and had a look of rapture on his face. Miss Tanner-Smith looked rather confused.
"What on earth is going on." she muttered.
"Excuse me Mr Steed."
She commented and she headed in the direction of the kneeling man.
He frowned and followed close on Tanner-Smith's tail, "What indeed - I helped dismantle a nasty magical explosive here yesterday; I'd rather make sure nothing else can remove the Umbral Port while I'm in the area..."

((OOC: Well, that IS going to cause a little inconvenience if Colin needs to use that escape route... Well, what he doesn't know can get very uncomfortable, very quickly...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Because sorting people into classes worthy of different legal, moral and ethical protection is a dangerous game to play... All the same, stay safe, Nurse Neller."

"This debate is pointless Mr Steed I see it as fairly unlikely that we will ever agree."
The Technocrat said sternly.
"Yes...stay safe Mr Steed."
She said as she continued to was the door frame the older Progenitor had used to teleport though.

He nodded, "Discretion is the better part of valour."

"So it is Mr Steed."
Rolf agreed and nodded.

He frowned, "Before, you saw only shades of grey, and tasted only mashed potatoes. After your Genius sparked, you've seen a colour spectrum you never knew were there, and had your palate acclimatized to a wide range of flavours and seasonings. No, you would not want to lose that... because you would still remember everything you had lost..."

"I think death would be preferable to surviving such a thing and living with a loss like that."
The Void Engineer said and shuddered.
"My superiors do not see it the same way tough unfortunately."

He nodded, "Pathos. Most screen and film actors lack the stage training needed to properly project. Oh, some have it innately, but by and large, there is simply a hole in their training. You can often tell quickly, whether an actor merely looks good, or if he's just that little bit larger than life. For example, in the movie Superman, the first with Christopher Reeve, there's a scene where he takes up his shoulders and straightens his back, just for a few moments... The posture change, the intensity of his eyes, the impression of strength - he showed without saying a word about it how people are unable to realize Superman and Clark Kent are the same person."

"Hum...I have never thought about it in that way but yes I do think you are right Mr Steed it seams that today actors are just picked for their good looks and movies are often very pleasing to look at but they lack the inner acting you can see in older movies when movie making was a true art."
Rolf said and he nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "I expect I will be around here often enough in the foreseeable future - I'll be getting flying lessons for, hm, dimensional travel. We might speak again, if our paths cross..."

"I see you are learning to pilot a Void ship then, that is interesting, I hope we run into one another again then Mr Steed that would be most plesant, as long as it is on neutral space like in this port."
The Void Engineer said with a friendly smile.
"I will let you know if ever any information about the Fallen should come my way."

He nodded and grinned, "That would be my pilot for today and probably the shuttle's maintenance crew. For today, I will play the part of passenger and payload, but later, oh, I will make the old girl dance."

"Very well Mr Steed that is nice."
Miss Tanner-Smith said flatly.
"Do you have the information you need then to find your vessel?"

He frowned and followed close on Tanner-Smith's tail, "What indeed - I helped dismantle a nasty magical explosive here yesterday; I'd rather make sure nothing else can remove the Umbral Port while I'm in the area..."

"I heard about the enhanced bomb...indeed we would want to avoid such a situation."
The Technocrat said then she glanced at the kneeling man and was about to ask him if he was okey when he started shouting in the Nephandi language lifting his arms to the skies in adoration. You could almost catch a glimpse of what he was saying, almost. Miss Tanner-Smith pulled a gun from her belt and with no hesitation what so ever she pointed it towards the man's head ready to pull the trigger, the Union did not take Fallen prisoners they executed them on the spot.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:24 pm

"This debate is pointless Mr Steed I see it as fairly unlikely that we will ever agree."
The Technocrat said sternly.
"Yes...stay safe Mr Steed."
She said as she continued to was the door frame the older Progenitor had used to teleport though.
Colin nodded, "Perhaps you are right in that regard... Still, can hardly fault me for trying..."

"I think death would be preferable to surviving such a thing and living with a loss like that."
The Void Engineer said and shuddered.
"My superiors do not see it the same way tough unfortunately."
He nodded, "Some who survive find something else to give them meaning... Most don't, and drift away not unlike an Altzheimer's patient... Your superiors might change their view if it happened to one of them, but the likelihood of that is... well, slim."

"Hum...I have never thought about it in that way but yes I do think you are right Mr Steed it seams that today actors are just picked for their good looks and movies are often very pleasing to look at but they lack the inner acting you can see in older movies when movie making was a true art."
Rolf said and he nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "There are a few bright prospects, though. The chap who plays Thor in the Marvel movies, for example, seems to have that little extra..."

"I see you are learning to pilot a Void ship then, that is interesting, I hope we run into one another again then Mr Steed that would be most plesant, as long as it is on neutral space like in this port."
The Void Engineer said with a friendly smile.
"I will let you know if ever any information about the Fallen should come my way."
He smiled wryly, "I remember some of what I will learn over the coming months and years... Surprisingly similar to Sleeper aircraft in many ways, really."

"Very well Mr Steed that is nice."
Miss Tanner-Smith said flatly.
"Do you have the information you need then to find your vessel?"
He nodded, "I believe so, Ma'am. Thank you."

"I heard about the enhanced bomb...indeed we would want to avoid such a situation."
The Technocrat said then she glanced at the kneeling man and was about to ask him if he was okey when he started shouting in the Nephandi language lifting his arms to the skies in adoration. You could almost catch a glimpse of what he was saying, almost. Miss Tanner-Smith pulled a gun from her belt and with no hesitation what so ever she pointed it towards the man's head ready to pull the trigger, the Union did not take Fallen prisoners they executed them on the spot.
He frowned and threw up an arm, "Hold fire, Ma'am! I want to see if he's actually Fallen, or if he's caught the edge of the storm."
He fished out his Prime monocle and fastened it in place, "I know what the Fallen are up to, and it is powerful enough that it might affect the merely sensitive... Rather like artists and poets responding to Cthulhu waking up, if you're familiar with Lovecraft. Magia Spectare!"
As he worked his Rote, he quickly asked Mia, "Is his Avatar Fallen, can you tell?"

((OOC: So, Arete rolls for the Prime Scan thingy - 2,3,0 - 2,8,9 - those'll have to do...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 pm

"Hum...if you can do it with aim I guess it is also possible to make someone see some horror from their imagination in their best friend's stead and therefore end up shooting him, off course that would be a bit of a douche move to pull on someone."

"That's one loophole. Alternatively I might be able to make the enemy see us as allies instead of enemies and prevent them from shooting us. Replace their feelings for their enemies with feelings for their allies or just make them see something different. But of course all of this is easier said then done." Serge commented.

"Thank you Sir I like to draw things."
The young Chorister said and nodded.
"Did you like to draw when you where little Sir?"

"Yup. In my old house my room was covered in drawings. Each one told a little story that I made in my head." Serge said with a smile.

Jane pointed to the shelf with all the plush toys and dolls.
"Those are the ones Sir and the ones on the bed as well."
She commented and started picking the toys down from the shelf.

Serge helped Jane pick up her toys and followed her back to Rosa's room.

"So who's who?" Serge asked as they picked up the toys.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Perhaps you are right in that regard... Still, can hardly fault me for trying..."

Ruth gave you a look that said that she could absolutely fault you for trying.
"You are welcome to say what you please Mr Steed."
She said curtly.

He nodded, "Some who survive find something else to give them meaning... Most don't, and drift away not unlike an Altzheimer's patient... Your superiors might change their view if it happened to one of them, but the likelihood of that is... well, slim."

"I have noticed the condition of the unfortunate ones yes."
Rolf said and frowned.
"No that it happening to one of my superiors are not a likely event."

He nodded, "There are a few bright prospects, though. The chap who plays Thor in the Marvel movies, for example, seems to have that little extra..."

"Yes indeed he seam to do a very good job of it, also some of the elder actors still working still have that little something extra."
The Void Engineer agreed.

He smiled wryly, "I remember some of what I will learn over the coming months and years... Surprisingly similar to Sleeper aircraft in many ways, really."

"Technomagick ships do have a similarity to sleeper aircrafts yes though Void ships come in all shapes and makes some of them are more like science fiction space ships and some are far more alien."
Rolf said then he raised an eyebrow.
"You remember lessons you will be having int he future I am afraid you have lost me there Mr Steed."

He nodded, "I believe so, Ma'am. Thank you."

Miss Tanner-Smith gave a nod to that.
"Very good Mr Steed."

He frowned and threw up an arm, "Hold fire, Ma'am! I want to see if he's actually Fallen, or if he's caught the edge of the storm."

The Technocrat raised an eyebrow she still held her gun pointed at the man's head but she held her fire, for now.

He fished out his Prime monocle and fastened it in place, "I know what the Fallen are up to, and it is powerful enough that it might affect the merely sensitive... Rather like artists and poets responding to Cthulhu waking up, if you're familiar with Lovecraft. Magia Spectare!"

"I have heard of such flights and fancy Mr Steed."
Miss Tanner-Smith said.
"Very well do your examination."

As he worked his Rote, he quickly asked Mia, "Is his Avatar Fallen, can you tell?"

"He is Fallen."
Mia said simply. You did not see allot around the man as such he was not working magick right now but he was a mage though you could not see if he was Fallen or not, you did see a strange, energy around him though, one radiating with power and destruction and you could feel and intense pain rising up in your head looking at it and your monocle was starting to get hot, very hot.

Serge:

"That's one loophole. Alternatively I might be able to make the enemy see us as allies instead of enemies and prevent them from shooting us. Replace their feelings for their enemies with feelings for their allies or just make them see something different. But of course all of this is easier said then done." Serge commented.

"Everything is usually easier said than done especially with magick it seams."
Rosa said and frowned.
"But if it is possible it might be a good weapon in a fight if the need should arise."
She muttered.

"Yup. In my old house my room was covered in drawings. Each one told a little story that I made in my head." Serge said with a smile.

"I like to tell stories with drawings to Sir or draw things I see or dream or wish for."
Jane said and smiled.

Serge helped Jane pick up her toys and followed her back to Rosa's room.

"So who's who?" Serge asked as they picked up the toys.

The little girl begun the long list of names anew pointing at her dolls as she spoke.
"That is Jenny and that is Mrs Bloom and that is Vincent..."
The list got rather long before you made it back to Rosa's room. The young Cultist had made tea and she and Liv hand found some teacups from the cabinet.
"Then we seam to be ready for the tea party."
Your cousin said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:52 pm

The little girl begun the long list of names anew pointing at her dolls as she spoke.
"That is Jenny and that is Mrs Bloom and that is Vincent..."
The list got rather long before you made it back to Rosa's room.

Serge listened for a little bit before nodding off a little and looking at the various rooms in the hall as they walked back to Rosa's room.

The young Cultist had made tea and she and Liv hand found some teacups from the cabinet.
"Then we seam to be ready for the tea party."
Your cousin said and smiled.

"Yeah!" Serge said remembering that he didn't like tea but feigned enthusiasm anyways.

"So Jane, what should we do now? Arrange everyone in a circle and pass out the tea cups?" Serge asked not knowing the rules of tea parties.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Serge listened for a little bit before nodding off a little and looking at the various rooms in the hall as they walked back to Rosa's room.

The hallway was full of white doors with numbers on them, here and there someone had hung name tags, charms or other things on their doors, there where a old, worn green carpet on the floor and a house plant standing against the walls here and there.

"Yeah!" Serge said remembering that he didn't like tea but feigned enthusiasm anyways.

"You can have soda if you want instead of tea?"
Rosa offered as she saw right through your acting.

"So Jane, what should we do now? Arrange everyone in a circle and pass out the tea cups?" Serge asked not knowing the rules of tea parties.

The little girl nodded and she and Liv who joined in begun to arrange the dolls and plushies in a circle around Rosa's living room floor.
"Yes you ask them if they want cream and sugar and imagine you hear their reply and pretend to give them tea."
Jane explained with utmost seriousness tea parties where important affairs after all.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 pm

"You can have soda if you want instead of tea?"
Rosa offered as she saw right through your acting.

"What do you mean? It's a tea party. We have to drink tea." Serge said not wanting to disappointing the young girl.

The little girl nodded and she and Liv who joined in begun to arrange the dolls and plushies in a circle around Rosa's living room floor.
"Yes you ask them if they want cream and sugar and imagine you hear their reply and pretend to give them tea."
Jane explained with utmost seriousness tea parties where important affairs after all.

"Sure thing. But I might be able to do something a little more than that. Would you like to actually see your plushies move and actually hear them talk instead of pretending?" Serge asked, an idea forming within his mind as he pulled out his sketchbook. As the girls arranged the plushies, Serge began to draw the scene.

He depicted Rosa, Jane, Liv, himself, and all of the plushies having a tea party. Passing tea around and having a good time. He made sure that he drew life into the toys, had speech bubbles above them to show that they talked, and drew some of them passing and drinking tea. He glanced at Jane for a second and let his imagination mix with hers and and paint the scene, bringing the young girl's imagination to life.

(OOC: Dex + Art to lower the difficult of casting a mental illusion of the plushies moving and talking. Roll: 1, 4, 6, 2, 9, 10)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 pm

"Technomagick ships do have a similarity to sleeper aircrafts yes though Void ships come in all shapes and makes some of them are more like science fiction space ships and some are far more alien."
Rolf said then he raised an eyebrow.
"You remember lessons you will be having int he future I am afraid you have lost me there Mr Steed."
Colin smiled wryly, "My time is not entirely a straight line. Let us leave it at that."

"I have heard of such flights and fancy Mr Steed."
Miss Tanner-Smith said.
"Very well do your examination."
He nodded, "Thank you - they are not entirely flights of fancy, though considering the subject matter, we both agree these are Deviations of the worst sort..."

"He is Fallen."
Mia said simply. You did not see allot around the man as such he was not working magick right now but he was a mage though you could not see if he was Fallen or not, you did see a strange, energy around him though, one radiating with power and destruction and you could feel and intense pain rising up in your head looking at it and your monocle was starting to get hot, very hot.
He grimaced and pulled the monocle off, aiming the ring at the man, "That was painful... The power he is connected to, though, might make it dangerous to simply shoot him right now - the Nephandi are summoning an Aswadim, and that ritual might be fueled if a connected person dies while participating... Venti silencio mundanus!"

((OOC: So, quick Arete roll for a Wind of Mundane Silence - probably not enough to make much of a dent in the connection, but all the same... 2,7,9. Two successes, at least, to try to weaken the guy's connection to the shit happening. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 am

Serge:

"What do you mean? It's a tea party. We have to drink tea." Serge said not wanting to disappointing the young girl.

"Tea it is then, what about some honey in it to make it sweeter?"
Rosa asked as she filled a bright blue teapot with a cloud pattern on it.Jane smiled to you at that.
"Yeah we are going to have a proper tea party Sir."
She declared happily.

"Sure thing. But I might be able to do something a little more than that. Would you like to actually see your plushies move and actually hear them talk instead of pretending?" Serge asked, an idea forming within his mind as he pulled out his sketchbook. As the girls arranged the plushies, Serge began to draw the scene.

"That would be so cool Sir can you do that?"
Jane asked and she looked at you with her bright, blue eyes excitedly.
"You can actually make my plushies move and talk?"
She asked again then she turned to translate what you had said to Liv who also have you an exited look once he heard what you had suggested.

He depicted Rosa, Jane, Liv, himself, and all of the plushies having a tea party. Passing tea around and having a good time. He made sure that he drew life into the toys, had speech bubbles above them to show that they talked, and drew some of them passing and drinking tea. He glanced at Jane for a second and let his imagination mix with hers and and paint the scene, bringing the young girl's imagination to life.

Jane and Liv looked around in awe as they begun to see the colorful array of dolls and plush toys come to life and talk as the little girls went around filling pretend tea for them and talking with them excitedly. Rosa gave you and approving smiled.
"Clever Cousin, very clever."
She said as she filled blue tea cups for herself, you and the girls and put some snacks on the floor as well and sat down as the well loved toys came to live, if only as an illusion but that was still enough to delight the little mage girls.

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "My time is not entirely a straight line. Let us leave it at that."

Rolf nodded at that.
"Well we all have paths to travel and some of them are more crocked than others Mr Steed and time can be the most crocked line of all."
He agreed.

He nodded, "Thank you - they are not entirely flights of fancy, though considering the subject matter, we both agree these are Deviations of the worst sort..."

"That we do Mr Steed, after I joined the Void Engineers I no longer see most of the Traditions as a threat, what you call magick may exist as long as sleepers are not harmed but the Nephandi and their extra dimensional allies have to be eradicated."
Miss Tanner-Smith said firmly and she looked at the kneeling man with a disproving look in her eyes.

He grimaced and pulled the monocle off, aiming the ring at the man, "That was painful... The power he is connected to, though, might make it dangerous to simply shoot him right now - the Nephandi are summoning an Aswadim, and that ritual might be fueled if a connected person dies while participating... Venti silencio mundanus!"

What your spell did to that dark presence you saw was hard to say, but the Wind of Mundane silence this close did hurt the man and he cried out and seamed to snap out of his daze seeing you with your ring and the woman beside you with her gun aimed at him made his eyes grow wide.
"W...what is...happening?"
He managed. Miss Tanner-Smith scowled.
"I find that most problems diminish if you shoot them Mr Steed but some horror of the void might be the exception I am not sure what an Aswadim is but I will assume it is one of those horror yes?"

As you stood there your phone rang the number was an unknown to you though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:09 am

"That we do Mr Steed, after I joined the Void Engineers I no longer see most of the Traditions as a threat, what you call magick may exist as long as sleepers are not harmed but the Nephandi and their extra dimensional allies have to be eradicated."
Miss Tanner-Smith said firmly and she looked at the kneeling man with a disproving look in her eyes.
Colin nodded, "I appreciate your revised view on things."

What your spell did to that dark presence you saw was hard to say, but the Wind of Mundane silence this close did hurt the man and he cried out and seamed to snap out of his daze seeing you with your ring and the woman beside you with her gun aimed at him made his eyes grow wide.
"W...what is...happening?"
He managed. Miss Tanner-Smith scowled.
"I find that most problems diminish if you shoot them Mr Steed but some horror of the void might be the exception I am not sure what an Aswadim is but I will assume it is one of those horror yes?"
He looked sternly at the kneeling man, "You were singing an Aswadim's praises. I'm assuming Larson has started the damnable ritual to summon it, and has brought every Fallen in Boston in on it. Now, you might be able to extend your life a little by telling us everything you know about it, and quickly."
He glanced up at Miss Tanner-Smith, "The Traditions have Oracles - powerful Magi who left this world to become... something not unlike biblical Archangels, I suppose, vastly powerful beings of light who occasionally appear with urgent news and advice. The Aswadim are Nephandi who went the polar opposite direction. One was apparently the basis for Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep..."

He frowned at his phone and, glancing at the Fallen's dropped phone, quickly dismissed the call and texted Morgan, "Things have started. Fallen seem to fall to their knees and sing praises. Might want to sedate our guests - Wind of MS seems to snap them out of the connection."
Then he tried looking up the unknown number.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:30 am

Colin nodded, "I appreciate your revised view on things."

Miss Tanner-Smith simply nodded at that.

He looked sternly at the kneeling man, "You were singing an Aswadim's praises. I'm assuming Larson has started the damnable ritual to summon it, and has brought every Fallen in Boston in on it. Now, you might be able to extend your life a little by telling us everything you know about it, and quickly."

The kneeling man's eyes widened a little.
"Oh fuck!"
He exclaimed and his breathing took on a nervous rapidness to it.
"Do you really think I would betray my own to extend my life a few minutes or enough to be taken in and suffer a fate worse then death?"
He said evently and then glanced at the Technocrat woman.
"If you wish to kill me then get it over with."
He demanded.

He glanced up at Miss Tanner-Smith, "The Traditions have Oracles - powerful Magi who left this world to become... something not unlike biblical Archangels, I suppose, vastly powerful beings of light who occasionally appear with urgent news and advice. The Aswadim are Nephandi who went the polar opposite direction. One was apparently the basis for Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep..."

"Well is not that just peachy!"
Miss Tanner-Smith said drying.
"And are you telling me this for a lack of a better term super Nephandus is coming here to Boston?"
She asked looking more than a little nervous.
"No not coming, he is already here!"
The kneeling man said.
"But it is to early, far to early."
He said and shook his hea. Miss Tanner-Smith scowled at the man and glanced up at you.
"Okey then...can I shoot this guy now Mr Steed or did you have any other buessiness with him?"

He frowned at his phone and, glancing at the Fallen's dropped phone, quickly dismissed the call and texted Morgan, "Things have started. Fallen seem to fall to their knees and sing praises. Might want to sedate our guests - Wind of MS seems to snap them out of the connection."
Then he tried looking up the unknown number.

You quickly got a reply back from Jeffry.
To: Mr Wainwright
Topic: Issues with Fallen
I was just informed that something is wrong with our Fallen prisoners and Master Nassa texted me that Miss B is convulsing, I am on my way to the basement to check on things now thank you for letting me know."

The message said and you could imagine a string of profanity in Greek following it. The number where not listed but it was registered in Chicago.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:01 am

The kneeling man's eyes widened a little.
"Oh fuck!"
He exclaimed and his breathing took on a nervous rapidness to it.
"Do you really think I would betray my own to extend my life a few minutes or enough to be taken in and suffer a fate worse then death?"
He said evently and then glanced at the Technocrat woman.
"If you wish to kill me then get it over with."
He demanded.
Colin gave the man a dark look, "No, not really, but one must always fish for intelligence. You seem to have little of value in that regard."

"Well is not that just peachy!"
Miss Tanner-Smith said drying.
"And are you telling me this for a lack of a better term super Nephandus is coming here to Boston?"
She asked looking more than a little nervous.
"No not coming, he is already here!"
The kneeling man said.
"But it is to early, far to early."
He said and shook his hea. Miss Tanner-Smith scowled at the man and glanced up at you.
"Okey then...can I shoot this guy now Mr Steed or did you have any other buessiness with him?"
He frowned, then nodded, "So either Larson is jumping the gun, or the Aswadim figured out what they were trying to do to him, and arrived in a cross mood. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, but... Hum, I don't think we'll get anything useful from him in the time frame of the crisis. Your doctor in the clinic here has some wounded colleagues of yours, though; she might need an organ donor. I have to run into the dragon's maw - I wish you good luck in protecting the Umbral Port, ma'am."

You quickly got a reply back from Jeffry.
To: Mr Wainwright
Topic: Issues with Fallen
I was just informed that something is wrong with our Fallen prisoners and Master Nassa texted me that Miss B is convulsing, I am on my way to the basement to check on things now thank you for letting me know."

The message said and you could imagine a string of profanity in Greek following it. The number where not listed but it was registered in Chicago.
He frowned and called back quickly, stalking toward the hangar, "Pardon my initial dismissal - we have a situation here..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:29 am

Colin gave the man a dark look, "No, not really, but one must always fish for intelligence. You seem to have little of value in that regard."

The kneeling man just looked at you for a moment then he shook his head.
"You will get nothing out of me!"
He declared.

He frowned, then nodded, "So either Larson is jumping the gun, or the Aswadim figured out what they were trying to do to him, and arrived in a cross mood. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, but... Hum, I don't think we'll get anything useful from him in the time frame of the crisis. Your doctor in the clinic here has some wounded colleagues of yours, though; she might need an organ donor. I have to run into the dragon's maw - I wish you good luck in protecting the Umbral Port, ma'am."

"Either of those two scenarios seam bad I am going to have to rapport this to my superious."
The Void Engineer said then she nodded.
"As long as his organs are not corrupted as well then that is not a bad idea but the good doctor is going to have to work fast from a dead man, a Nephandus is to dangerous to let live."
She said and then she simply shot the kneeling man in the side of his head without a shadow of heistation or remorse. The other Umbral port patrons looked in your direction and a few ducked for cover when they heard the gunshot.
"I will send for security to pick up the body."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she glanced at the now dead Nephandus, at least e had died without any pain he would have been dead before he realized she had pulled the trigger.
"Very well we all have our tasks hurry to yours Mr Steed and good luck."
The Technocrat said coldly before she pulled her phone out of her pocket to call her superiors.

He frowned and called back quickly, stalking toward the hangar, "Pardon my initial dismissal - we have a situation here..."

"Oh I did not mean to intrude Mr Wainwright."
You heart the sound of the young woman who had been given the task of watching over Anna until you could collect her, Kristina's young magickal sister.
"I was told to call you if there where any problems with Anna, a few moments ago she started convulsing and is clearly upset, Mr Horton is looking at her now, I called my Mentor for help first but she said she had to call me back for something was wrong with her husband."
The young mage talked very quickly to give you the message before you had to run.
"Again terribly sorry for intruding Sir I just thought you wanted to be informed about the situation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 pm

"Either of those two scenarios seam bad I am going to have to rapport this to my superious."
The Void Engineer said then she nodded.
"As long as his organs are not corrupted as well then that is not a bad idea but the good doctor is going to have to work fast from a dead man, a Nephandus is to dangerous to let live."
She said and then she simply shot the kneeling man in the side of his head without a shadow of heistation or remorse. The other Umbral port patrons looked in your direction and a few ducked for cover when they heard the gunshot.
"I will send for security to pick up the body."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and she glanced at the now dead Nephandus, at least e had died without any pain he would have been dead before he realized she had pulled the trigger.
"Very well we all have our tasks hurry to yours Mr Steed and good luck."
The Technocrat said coldly before she pulled her phone out of her pocket to call her superiors.
Colin nodded, "At the very least, this will show who here is fully compromised... Best have security make a full sweep of the entire port. It should be easy enough to follow the sound. As a precaution, though, I recommend some manner of disruption to sever the connection prior to execution, just in case of a backlash of some sort."

"Oh I did not mean to intrude Mr Wainwright."
You heart the sound of the young woman who had been given the task of watching over Anna until you could collect her, Kristina's young magickal sister.
"I was told to call you if there where any problems with Anna, a few moments ago she started convulsing and is clearly upset, Mr Horton is looking at her now, I called my Mentor for help first but she said she had to call me back for something was wrong with her husband."
The young mage talked very quickly to give you the message before you had to run.
"Again terribly sorry for intruding Sir I just thought you wanted to be informed about the situation."
He frowned, "Not at all - when I saw the call was from your city, I guessed it would be that... The Aswadim has arrived prematurely in Boston, and it seems all the Fallen are singing its praises... or reacting in other dramatic ways. Ask Mr. Horton to offer her sedation - inhaled or ingested, not injected. As for Mas... your Mentor's spouse, get a Hermetic to hit him with a Wind of Mundane Silence at point-blank range. It should snap him out of it quite briskly, though it will be uncomfortable."
He paused, ever so briefly, "And thank you for letting me know. This thing reaches further than I'd expected..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Colin nodded, "At the very least, this will show who here is fully compromised... Best have security make a full sweep of the entire port. It should be easy enough to follow the sound. As a precaution, though, I recommend some manner of disruption to sever the connection prior to execution, just in case of a backlash of some sort."

"I will bring your recommendations to the dock's security Mr Steed."
Miss Tanner-Smith said and nodded.
"Well I should go and see to that as soon as possible as probably if there are any other infiltrators here they will not stay in such a devotional condition for long."

He frowned, "Not at all - when I saw the call was from your city, I guessed it would be that... The Aswadim has arrived prematurely in Boston, and it seems all the Fallen are singing its praises... or reacting in other dramatic ways. Ask Mr. Horton to offer her sedation - inhaled or ingested, not injected. As for Mas... your Mentor's spouse, get a Hermetic to hit him with a Wind of Mundane Silence at point-blank range. It should snap him out of it quite briskly, though it will be uncomfortable."
He paused, ever so briefly, "And thank you for letting me know. This thing reaches further than I'd expected..."

"I am not completely sure what an Aswadim is Sir or what is going on but what you say sounds really terrifying."
The Verbena apprentice said. You could feel the stone Kristina had given you as a form of magickal baby monitor on Anna get colder, it was clear the young Fallen where distressed.
"I will talk with Mr Horton about a sedative for her, ingjested or gas you said not injected?"
She said then she added.
"I sure would not be around after someone throw a Wind of Mundane Silence at Master Ir but I will call down to Chief Joakim and make therecomendation Sir."
The young Druidess said.
"No problem Sir I was told to give you a call if anything happened with Anna, well then I will not disturb you more and also I should give these messages and recomedations to those who they concern, so unless there is anything else Sir? Anything else I should say or do for your new apprentice?"
She offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Anja's Post:

'Seems all is well, but I don't discount us getting snagged by Godzilla in a moment.' she replied, the grin making it clear she was joking.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:18 pm

'Seems all is well, but I don't discount us getting snagged by Godzilla in a moment.' she replied, the grin making it clear she was joking.

"Ah well I was always a geek kid if I have to die being eaten by Goozilla is not a bad way to go...as long as it is the real deal and not the one from that shitty American film."
Miles said and grinned.
"Is it my turn in the cockpit then?"
He asked.
"Also it is good the ship is in a flyable condition since we will be needing it pretty soon."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:25 pm

'That it is. Think Rodger believes the ship's flyable, but it all depends on how much resistance we'll be flying into later.' Nicole replied, putting her rucksack down and looking over the engine again.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:36 pm

"Tea it is then, what about some honey in it to make it sweeter?"
Rosa asked as she filled a bright blue teapot with a cloud pattern on it.Jane smiled to you at that.
"Yeah we are going to have a proper tea party Sir."
She declared happily.

"That would be nice." Serge said wanting anything to get the tea taste out of the tea.

Jane and Liv looked around in awe as they begun to see the colorful array of dolls and plush toys come to life and talk as the little girls went around filling pretend tea for them and talking with them excitedly. Rosa gave you and approving smiled.
"Clever Cousin, very clever."
She said as she filled blue tea cups for herself, you and the girls and put some snacks on the floor as well and sat down as the well loved toys came to live, if only as an illusion but that was still enough to delight the little mage girls.

"See! This is magick. No war, no fighting, serves no practical purpose, just pure fantastical wonder. Just the ability to make your imagination come to life." Serge said with a smile as he saw his magick taking hold. He was grateful that Jane and Liv had no reasons to disbelieve his tricks. He knew disbelief was poison to mental illusions but thankfully reality-bending mages had very little reason to disbelieve anything that they saw.

He sat down with the girls and participated in the tea party. He took a drink of the sweeten tea still not a fan of it but willing to put up with it for now. He ate a couple of snack to get rid of the tea taste and played along with Jane, asking the plushies if they wanted some and commanding the illusions to respond to him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Nicole:

'That it is. Think Rodger believes the ship's flyable, but it all depends on how much resistance we'll be flying into later.' Nicole replied, putting her rucksack down and looking over the engine again.

The engines where running as it should it seamed, it did not make much sound but there was a slight hum form the copper and wire contraption and the crystal batteries where sort of humming.
"Do you think it is likely we will run into allot of resistance Nicole?"
Miles asked.
"Do this shuttle have any teeth at all?"
He asked as he walked towards the door to the cockpit.

Serge:

"That would be nice." Serge said wanting anything to get the tea taste out of the tea.

"Honey it is then."
Rosa said and she smiled as she found a pot from one of her kitchen cabinets.

"See! This is magick. No war, no fighting, serves no practical purpose, just pure fantastical wonder. Just the ability to make your imagination come to life." Serge said with a smile as he saw his magick taking hold. He was grateful that Jane and Liv had no reasons to disbelieve his tricks. He knew disbelief was poison to mental illusions but thankfully reality-bending mages had very little reason to disbelieve anything that they saw.

"I hope that as I learn more the majority of my magick will be like this, just enjoying life and spreading joy."
Rosa said and smiled warmly as the little mage girls enjoyed themselves serving pretend tea to the dolls and hearing them talk and seeing them move.
"Magick can be such a wonder, it is a shame we have to use it for war."
The young Cultist commented.

He sat down with the girls and participated in the tea party. He took a drink of the sweeten tea still not a fan of it but willing to put up with it for now. He ate a couple of snack to get rid of the tea taste and played along with Jane, asking the plushies if they wanted some and commanding the illusions to respond to him.

ane giggeled and once she had served all her toys she sat down to sip her own tea.
"Did you know that there are many who tell the future in tea Sir?"
She asked before she helt the tray of treats out to a pink helicopter plushie with big blue eyes and pretended the toy took a cookie.
"This is really fun Sir thank you."
She said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:51 pm

"I hope that as I learn more the majority of my magick will be like this, just enjoying life and spreading joy."
Rosa said and smiled warmly as the little mage girls enjoyed themselves serving pretend tea to the dolls and hearing them talk and seeing them move.
"Magick can be such a wonder, it is a shame we have to use it for war."
The young Cultist commented.

"Yeah....." Serge said sadly remembering his talk with Hannah.

"And don't worry. Your magick will spread joy as well. Hell you might be able to see the future soon. You can be the best seeker in hide and seek! Always knowing exactly where the hiders will end up." Serge joked.

Jane giggeled and once she had served all her toys she sat down to sip her own tea.
"Did you know that there are many who tell the future in tea Sir?"
She asked before she helt the tray of treats out to a pink helicopter plushie with big blue eyes and pretended the toy took a cookie.

"You mean the tea leaves stuff right? Like seeing shapes within the tea leaves and seeing the future using those?" Serge said remembering vaguely that type of fortune telling.

"This is really fun Sir thank you."
She said and smiled.

"No problem. I never get a chance to do stuff like this. Both the magick and the tea party." Serge said with a smile thoroughly enjoying himself.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Anja's Post:

'Not a clue. All boils down to whether they expect an aerial insertion or not. And no, not many teeth - though not utterly defenceless. So if there is resistance, it's down to our pilot's skill on getting us through the fire okay.' tone that of resignation - after all, there wasn't anything she could do about the issue...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Serge:

"Yeah....." Serge said sadly remembering his talk with Hannah.

"And don't worry. Your magick will spread joy as well. Hell you might be able to see the future soon. You can be the best seeker in hide and seek! Always knowing exactly where the hiders will end up." Serge joked

"Well I hope to use my magick for more productive things than cheating at hide and seek."
Rosa said and smiled a little.
"But I do hope that I will be able to do good with my powers and not be forced to kill and destroy."

"You mean the tea leaves stuff right? Like seeing shapes within the tea leaves and seeing the future using those?" Serge said remembering vaguely that type of fortune telling.

Jane nodded at that.
"Yes Sir that is the one I was thinking about, that is pretty cool reading the future in tea leaves don't you think?"
The little girl said.
"You are a member of the Cult of Ecstasy are you not Sir? Can you do that? See the future?"

"No problem. I never get a chance to do stuff like this. Both the magick and the tea party." Serge said with a smile thoroughly enjoying himself.

"I know what you mean Sir I have to do sensible things all the time, school and my Mentor teach me how to sing, but I still have time to play and then a tea party is so much fun and you have made it even better."
Jane said as she held the platter of cookies out towards you.
"Do you want a cookie Mr Yager?"

Nicole:

'Not a clue. All boils down to whether they expect an aerial insertion or not. And no, not many teeth - though not utterly defenceless. So if there is resistance, it's down to our pilot's skill on getting us through the fire okay.' tone that of resignation - after all, there wasn't anything she could do about the issue...

"Well that is better than nothing but it sounds like it is best to hope we do not run into trouble."
Miles said and frowned.
"Ok I will go and see if Rodger need any help then and I will see you in a little bit."
The other Etherite said before he left the engine room and headed to the cockpit.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 pm

'Will do.' Nicole replied, giving Miles a nod as he left. Stretching out her limbs in front of one of the consoles, mentally vowing that she was going to sort out those seats - the fact it was not actually her ship to do that barely registering.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next