Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:02 am

Jane translated for Richard and Liv nodded and you saw the Akashic cut a small lock of her hair and put it in a zip lock bag. Liv looked sad she was not relishing the idea of whatever that hair was being used for probably.

"That should be all right?" Serge asked noticing Liv's displeasure with the hair-snipping and wanting to move past that as fast as possible.

"I like that idea Sir."
Cava said after she had considered the matter for a moment.
"The royal family can talk to cat so they get cat ears and tails...yeah that is how it works."
The little girl exclaimed happily.
"And they are kind good rulers and everyone have enough to eat and live happy lives in their kingdom."

"Do they have multiple cats running all around their castle? They could be like cool spies!" Serge suggested, adding some more elements to the fantasy world.

"And they could have lions and tigers in their armies, fighting their enemies with felines ferocity! " Serge said. "With Princess Katie leading the charge to ensure the safety of all of her people!"

"Mundi is cute."
Jane said and Cava clapped her hands together excitedly as she was told about the animals. Jane gave you a surprised look then.
"One of the Deacons got cats Sir?"

"Yeah Deaconess O' Conner... you haven't seen them yet? It's actually quite the interesting story of how she got them." Serge said with a smile, surprised that Jane hadn't seen the oil cats yet.

"Actually Jane before I tell you, how much do you know about what happened earlier? You know when everyone was brought to the cafeteria?" Serge asked wanting to know how much Jane knew about the earlier attacks. He didn't want to accidentally reveal too much, especially if the other members of the chantry were trying to keep her in the dark to protect her innocence.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:46 pm

"How practical."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"I guess the Technocracy have brought something good to the table after all."
Colin nodded, "Marvelous vehicles that anyone with training can use, regardless of the ability to use magic, communication lines that go around the world, almost everywhere, that the common folk may use freely to talk to one another or otherwise interact or share experiences, healing compounds and surgical techniques that do not require magic to administer or use... They have brought much good to the table, but the cost has been accordingly, I'm afraid... The Earth is being slowly poisoned, the population is losing initiative, there's a marked stagnation going on..."

"Rebis are fascinating beings we had one here at the Labyrinth once, I do wonder how it is like to merge with another person so completely. I mean I have merged with my ship, but still not like that."
Dalisse commented.
"I would not want to do it in an artificial way though that sounds like begging for trouble to me."
She said and Mia snorted and thought a bit about the foolishness of the De Medici kid.
He smiled wryly, "I believe the best term for how it is would be 'messy'. The merging of flesh is one thing, but using the artificial method - you would not want to either have or be a back seat driver, as it is called... And with two distinct Avatars as well, well... yours has spoken to you; can you imagine what it would be like to just get through your day with three different voices in your head trying to advise you on mundane and magical matters whether asked for or not? Or at least one voice and the sensation of two very intense approving or disapproving stares, like a pair of cats watching you and judging your every move?"

"Hum...good...now there are traditional words that go with this rote but many Hermetics created their own the important thing is to command the forces withing to protect you, to create a barrier around you...would you want to learn the traditional words or at least the ones taught to me by my teacher or use your own?"
Dalisse asked as she observed what you where doing.
He pondered for a moment, "The traditional words, i think, assuming they are in Latin. I do not normally use the hand seals, so I would have to make some practical adaptations in any case."

"It is effective as long as our influence stays hidden, but yes I understand why your side would want to seek such influence out to get rid of it."
The Handler said and sipped her tea.
"I doubt there will ever be peace between our factions."
He pondered, "There might be an uneasy armistice, at least, if your faction were to oust the Fall-happy leadership, and be content to, like the Jade Demon and yourself, watch and wait for the inevitable end instead of trying to accelerate it."

He pondered for a moment, "On another note, I know a song about reincarnation... Have you ever heard the song 'The Highwayman', by a group calling themselves 'The Highwaymen'?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Nicole:

'Oh, it was worth very cent. Damn, how I could to with it now.' she said, giving a little shrug at the loss.

"A good weapon could be worth quite a bit at this point yes."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.

A businesslike nod to this. 'The car's been cleared. What's the plan with the cop uniforms?'

"I will take care of that Miss Bouchard if you lead the way to your car I will have the others meet us there."
Antonio said as he fished his phone out of his pocket.

Serge:

"That should be all right?" Serge asked noticing Liv's displeasure with the hair-snipping and wanting to move past that as fast as possible.

The girl spoke something in Latin and Jane translated.
"She says she knows it is necessary to capture her mother but it still grieve her."
Jane said and looked down not herself knowing what Liv's words meant.

"Do they have multiple cats running all around their castle? They could be like cool spies!" Serge suggested, adding some more elements to the fantasy world.

"Yeah and I mean they are rayalty so they can afford to have as many cats as they want, there are no strays in the kingdom as the royal family adopts them all."
Cava said happily.

"And they could have lions and tigers in their armies, fighting their enemies with felines ferocity! " Serge said. "With Princess Katie leading the charge to ensure the safety of all of her people!"

"I like panthers better than lions Sir but yes princess Katie is leading the charge and she is keeping the kingdom and her pepole safe."
The young mage agreed happily.

"Yeah Deaconess O' Conner... you haven't seen them yet? It's actually quite the interesting story of how she got them." Serge said with a smile, surprised that Jane hadn't seen the oil cats yet.

"I have not seen them yet I have to ask the Deaconess if I can pet them Sir."
Jane said and Cava nodded.
"I want to pet them to Sir."
She chimed in.

"Actually Jane before I tell you, how much do you know about what happened earlier? You know when everyone was brought to the cafeteria?" Serge asked wanting to know how much Jane knew about the earlier attacks. He didn't want to accidentally reveal too much, especially if the other members of the chantry were trying to keep her in the dark to protect her innocence.

"I know there where an attack, the Nephandi sent spirits to cause harm to the Chantry and we all had to go to the cafeteria because it was safe there."
Jane said and she looked down sadly.
"I do not like this war Sir I wish they would all just leave us alone."
The little girl said sadly.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Marvelous vehicles that anyone with training can use, regardless of the ability to use magic, communication lines that go around the world, almost everywhere, that the common folk may use freely to talk to one another or otherwise interact or share experiences, healing compounds and surgical techniques that do not require magic to administer or use... They have brought much good to the table, but the cost has been accordingly, I'm afraid... The Earth is being slowly poisoned, the population is losing initiative, there's a marked stagnation going on..."

"There is always a cost but yes the original ideals of the Union are noble, to protect mankind and bring the wonders that have been reserved for the select few with magick to everyone but with their marvels there have also come a rot."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "I believe the best term for how it is would be 'messy'. The merging of flesh is one thing, but using the artificial method - you would not want to either have or be a back seat driver, as it is called... And with two distinct Avatars as well, well... yours has spoken to you; can you imagine what it would be like to just get through your day with three different voices in your head trying to advise you on mundane and magical matters whether asked for or not? Or at least one voice and the sensation of two very intense approving or disapproving stares, like a pair of cats watching you and judging your every move?"

"Well it took some getting used to my Gift talking to me and hearing the will of my ship, I suspect i could get used to a third voice in my head but yes such a thing would be messy. I would be more concerned about personality, I quite enjoy being me, I do not want to become a combination of me and another."
The Handler said.

He pondered for a moment, "The traditional words, i think, assuming they are in Latin. I do not normally use the hand seals, so I would have to make some practical adaptations in any case."

"The words are in Latin yes, it was the language of the choice for the educated in the early middle ages.."
Dalisse said then she formed the hand gestures herself and spoke.
"Lucis clypeus circa me. Pectore flammas clipeum. Custodem me mei facti sunt appositi!"
She said with her eyes closed the words clearly well known to her as she cast her rote.

He pondered, "There might be an uneasy armistice, at least, if your faction were to oust the Fall-happy leadership, and be content to, like the Jade Demon and yourself, watch and wait for the inevitable end instead of trying to accelerate it."

"My faction left the Nephandi long ago Colin, as did most other factions who did not agree with the new direction, only I could not leave with my brothers and sisters due to being bound to this ship so no there will be no faction that will hold an armistice with the Traditions.
"As for my faction I do think it is more tolerated among other groups of mages today than earlier though we still live in secret."

He pondered for a moment, "On another note, I know a song about reincarnation... Have you ever heard the song 'The Highwayman', by a group calling themselves 'The Highwaymen'?"

"Hum...no I can not say that I know this song you mention no."
Dalisse said and raised an eyebrow somewhat confused.
"This song is about reincarnation?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:16 pm

"There is always a cost but yes the original ideals of the Union are noble, to protect mankind and bring the wonders that have been reserved for the select few with magick to everyone but with their marvels there have also come a rot."
Dalisse said and nodded.
Colin frowned, "In all honesty, I am not so sure the world would have been better off with the Traditions in the same dominant position as the Union holds. It would have been vastly different, no doubt, but I am not certain it would be any better or worse..."

"Well it took some getting used to my Gift talking to me and hearing the will of my ship, I suspect i could get used to a third voice in my head but yes such a thing would be messy. I would be more concerned about personality, I quite enjoy being me, I do not want to become a combination of me and another."
The Handler said.
He nodded, "Probably not a goal that would be wise to aspire to..."

"The words are in Latin yes, it was the language of the choice for the educated in the early middle ages.."
Dalisse said then she formed the hand gestures herself and spoke.
"Lucis clypeus circa me. Pectore flammas clipeum. Custodem me mei facti sunt appositi!"
She said with her eyes closed the words clearly well known to her as she cast her rote.
He nodded, following Dalisse's lead, mentally translating to make sure there was nothing iffy in the incantation - 'Light surrounds me, a flaming shield around my chest, I am my own appointed guardian' - and felt the fortifications in the mountain tunnels close off, one by one, barring entry, "Lucis clypeus circa me. Pectore flammas clipeum. Custodem me mei facti sunt appositi!"

"My faction left the Nephandi long ago Colin, as did most other factions who did not agree with the new direction, only I could not leave with my brothers and sisters due to being bound to this ship so no there will be no faction that will hold an armistice with the Traditions.
"As for my faction I do think it is more tolerated among other groups of mages today than earlier though we still live in secret."
He smiled sadly, "Ah, sorry, by 'your faction' in this case, I meant the Nephandi. No, I don't suppose there will be any truce, uneasy or otherwise, between the Traditions and other factions of Magi. Other Enlightened species, though, perhaps... though there's enough grudges to go around, it seems."

"Hum...no I can not say that I know this song you mention no."
Dalisse said and raised an eyebrow somewhat confused.
"This song is about reincarnation?"
He grinned and fished out his phone, "After a fashion... I have an idea; try to memorize my voice as I sing, and I will record it..."
He set the phone to record as he began singing, not with perfect pitch, but with a steady voice, "I was a highwayman, Along the coach roads I did ride With sword and pistol by my side. Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade, Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade, The bastards hung me in the spring of twenty-five, But I am still alive..."
He kept going through all four verses, and saved the recording, "I'm going to keep this... If you ever hear me sing it out in the Umbra, try locating the source; I don't know how long the song can be looped, but I can include it with the occasional care package, if I ever get the opportunity..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:04 pm

He edged up to his pater so he could see him, giving an apologetic glance to the others. "She's got a building but I'm going to find us a more detailed map, sir. She'll let you know if there's movement. She offers to dowse on the spot, though she is not unused to combat situations," he added and backed away unless he had comment for him. He walked over towards Antonio. "Do you think your apprentice might be able to help with a small task of locating something important?" he requested. He nodded over towards the dowser and her group. He knew the young man was probably still frightened after what had happened but perhaps he would be glad for something to do to take his mind off of it.

// Better luck next time Warp!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:17 pm

The girl spoke something in Latin and Jane translated.
"She says she knows it is necessary to capture her mother but it still grieve her."
Jane said and looked down not herself knowing what Liv's words meant.

Serge nodded slightly admiring the strength of the little girl and then looked towards Dr. Lee.

"Is their anything else that you need Dr. Lee?" He asked respectfully.

"I like panthers better than lions Sir but yes princess Katie is leading the charge and she is keeping the kingdom and her pepole safe."
The young mage agreed happily.

"We could have panthers too. All cats are welcome in the army!" Serge said humorously.

"I like the idea that one of the royal families super-secret magickal spells is to be able to get cat powers. Like, she could get the claws, the night-vision, and the balance of a cat whenever she wanted. She could turn into like...a were-cat!" Serge said excitedly.

"I have not seen them yet I have to ask the Deaconess if I can pet them Sir."
Jane said and Cava nodded.
"I want to pet them to Sir."
She chimed in.

"Their quite nice despite what they used to be." Serge said mysteriously knowing full well that the girls would have no idea what he meant.

"I know there where an attack, the Nephandi sent spirits to cause harm to the Chantry and we all had to go to the cafeteria because it was safe there."
Jane said and she looked down sadly.
"I do not like this war Sir I wish they would all just leave us alone."
The little girl said sadly.

"I know this war is dumb and acary but we're doing all we can to stop it. Hopefully after today nothing like this will happen again." Serge said trying to reassure the little girl.

"Now I'm going to let you in on a little bit more of what happened with those spirits because it leads to the deaconess getting her new cats." Serge said preparing the story.

"Now those Nephandi spirits. I'm not sure what exactly they were but they looked like giant men made out of oil. They were big, pitch black. and angry." Serge said using his hands to signal how large the monsters were.

"And for some reason I was a part of that fight. Now despite my excellent strength, amazing dexterity, cunning intellect and good looks one of those monsters managed to corner me." Serge said clearly joking about his own traits.

"That monster launched it's oily attack at me but I deftly moved to the side avoiding harm when lo and behold I tripped heroically onto the ground!" the cultist said embellishing the details of his panicky dodging of the first attack targeted at him.

"The spirit was about to launch another attack when suddenly!" Serge said pausing for dramatic tension. "He turned into a cat! I look to the side and I see the Deaconness looking as cool as ever. She then went on to polymorph another one of those spirits into a cat and that's how she got her 2 new kittens. And she's had them ever since." Serge said concluding his story.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, it would be.' she replied, ending with a meaningful silence.

Anja's Post:

'Wait a sec... we're going right now? If so, give me a couple of minutes to grab my gear from upstairs first. I'll meet you all down in the garage.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 pm

Serge:

Serge nodded slightly admiring the strength of the little girl and then looked towards Dr. Lee.

"Is their anything else that you need Dr. Lee?" He asked respectfully.

"No that should be it. I will head down to the cafeteria with this and then I have other duties to attend to, if you would not mind looking after Cava along with the other girls and Miss Olsen?"
Richard asked.

"We could have panthers too. All cats are welcome in the army!" Serge said humorously.

"Yeah all the cats are welcome."
Cava said happily.

"I like the idea that one of the royal families super-secret magickal spells is to be able to get cat powers. Like, she could get the claws, the night-vision, and the balance of a cat whenever she wanted. She could turn into like...a were-cat!" Serge said excitedly.

"Yeah that could be cool Sir."
The young mage said and nodded.
"Did you know that there are real werecats out there Sir...if a werecat becomes ill would you take her to the doctor or to a vet?"
She asked you.

"Their quite nice despite what they used to be." Serge said mysteriously knowing full well that the girls would have no idea what he meant.

The girls looked rather confused at you.
"What do you mean Sir?"
Jane asked.

"I know this war is dumb and acary but we're doing all we can to stop it. Hopefully after today nothing like this will happen again." Serge said trying to reassure the little girl.

"It will happen again Sir, this war is six hundred years old I fear there will never be peace but who do mages want to kill one another we are all the same thing."
Jane asked and she pouted and looked up at you with her big, blue eyes.

"Now I'm going to let you in on a little bit more of what happened with those spirits because it leads to the deaconess getting her new cats." Serge said preparing the story.

"Now those Nephandi spirits. I'm not sure what exactly they were but they looked like giant men made out of oil. They were big, pitch black. and angry." Serge said using his hands to signal how large the monsters were.

"And for some reason I was a part of that fight. Now despite my excellent strength, amazing dexterity, cunning intellect and good looks one of those monsters managed to corner me." Serge said clearly joking about his own traits.

"That monster launched it's oily attack at me but I deftly moved to the side avoiding harm when lo and behold I tripped heroically onto the ground!" the cultist said embellishing the details of his panicky dodging of the first attack targeted at him.

"The spirit was about to launch another attack when suddenly!" Serge said pausing for dramatic tension. "He turned into a cat! I look to the side and I see the Deaconness looking as cool as ever. She then went on to polymorph another one of those spirits into a cat and that's how she got her 2 new kittens. And she's had them ever since." Serge said concluding his story.

Jane translated what your story for Liv and the three little mage girls sat spellbound by your story.
"Did Deaconess O'Connor really turn the nasty oil spirits into cats Mr Yager?"
Jane asked wide eyed.
"Are they still spirits now? Where anyone hurt hurting the fight? What happened with the other spirits?"
She wanted to know.
"Where they banished Sir? The other spirits I mean. Did the Deaconess keep the kitten spirits?"

Nicole:

'Yeah, it would be.' she replied, ending with a meaningful silence.

Jon just nodded meaningfully at that.

'Wait a sec... we're going right now? If so, give me a couple of minutes to grab my gear from upstairs first. I'll meet you all down in the garage.'

"That was the plan indeed Miss Bouchard."
Antonio said then he nodded.
"Very well we will meet you downstairs then."
He agreed before he inclined his head towards you and headed for the garage.

Adley:

He edged up to his pater so he could see him, giving an apologetic glance to the others. "She's got a building but I'm going to find us a more detailed map, sir. She'll let you know if there's movement. She offers to dowse on the spot, though she is not unused to combat situations," he added and backed away unless he had comment for him.

One of the magi from Westchapel, you seam to remember she is a Hermetic of House Tytalus, she wore a leather jacket, jeans and a band tshurt, had several piercings an a wounded hand and she gave you a bit of a look as you cut in line in front of her to give a message to the Chief, she said nothing though. Jeffry nodded.
"Very well give Mrs Von Hess the message that it is better she stays here where it is relatively safe and keep up her dowsing, that is more practical than having to protect her in the field, please find her a more detailed map and return with information on what she learns."
He said before he turned towards the Tytalus again to hear what the woman had to say.

He walked over towards Antonio. "Do you think your apprentice might be able to help with a small task of locating something important?" he requested. He nodded over towards the dowser and her group. He knew the young man was probably still frightened after what had happened but perhaps he would be glad for something to do to take his mind off of it.

Antonio stopped on his way towards the basement just as Nicole where heading toward her room again and he nodded.
"I am sure Andrew will be glad to help Mr Roth Hicks."
He said, worry and sadness still on his face.
"He is in the kitchen enchanting ammunition together with a few other of the younger magi of the Chantry."
He informed you and pointed towards the small room next to the cafeteria.

Colin:

Colin frowned, "In all honesty, I am not so sure the world would have been better off with the Traditions in the same dominant position as the Union holds. It would have been vastly different, no doubt, but I am not certain it would be any better or worse..."

"I agree that if the Traditions had gotten a better grip on the Consensus things would have been both different and not perfect but I have to say I would have preferred that to the cold sterility of the union. I would rather have some power hungry mages than cold steel and glass and the static nightmare the Technocracy wants for the world."
The Handler said and frowned.

He nodded, "Probably not a goal that would be wise to aspire to..."

"Indeed it would not."
She said and she frowned again.

He nodded, following Dalisse's lead, mentally translating to make sure there was nothing iffy in the incantation - 'Light surrounds me, a flaming shield around my chest, I am my own appointed guardian' - and felt the fortifications in the mountain tunnels close off, one by one, barring entry, "Lucis clypeus circa me. Pectore flammas clipeum. Custodem me mei facti sunt appositi!"

The spell was not that hard to pull off, it was simple, quick and elegant, and yet it was one that would require training to perfect, you felt protected, the protection was by no means perfect but it was there. As you worked you also felt a calm, there was still emotions, your feelings for your loved ones had not changed, the fear over where exactly you where currently at and how quickly you could be discovered where not gone, nor the worry over Bee and Anna or all the little emotions that swirled around but they where dampened, giving you a sort of sharp clarity of mind.

He smiled sadly, "Ah, sorry, by 'your faction' in this case, I meant the Nephandi. No, I don't suppose there will be any truce, uneasy or otherwise, between the Traditions and other factions of Magi. Other Enlightened species, though, perhaps... though there's enough grudges to go around, it seems."

"Well other than some groups of vampires the Traditions have no open conflict with the other Awakened species as far as I know but no between the Traditions and the Nephandi there will never be peace."
Dalisse said and she sigh.
"Well I will be leaving this conflict behind soon and head for the deep if all go well today, but I feel for the rest of you who are still trapped in it."

He grinned and fished out his phone, "After a fashion... I have an idea; try to memorize my voice as I sing, and I will record it..."
He set the phone to record as he began singing, not with perfect pitch, but with a steady voice, "I was a highwayman, Along the coach roads I did ride With sword and pistol by my side. Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade, Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade, The bastards hung me in the spring of twenty-five, But I am still alive..."
He kept going through all four verses, and saved the recording, "I'm going to keep this... If you ever hear me sing it out in the Umbra, try locating the source; I don't know how long the song can be looped, but I can include it with the occasional care package, if I ever get the opportunity..."

Dallise's hands moved though several hand gestures as she listened to you sing, some of the hand sigils proved difficult for her to do with her finger webbing.
"I have stored the song in my memory perfectly, that is a...quite smart key for such packages."
She said and smiled.
"Also that is a nice song...I will keep a lookout for it."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I have had a bit of a slow day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Anja's Post:

A firm nod to this, then moved briskly away, back to her apartment. Went over to the footlocker, began to dig things out. Knew what she needed instantly as she found them; save one plastic packet which she hesitated over for a few seconds. Hated them, really. Was sure people could tell. But chances were this was about to be serious combat. Possible alternative more embarrassing. With an sigh, quickly ripped off the tabs to remove her boots while leaning on a wall, then went to the bathroom.

Changed, took out her piercings - cops never had them, didn't know whether the hocus-pocus disguise planned [she assumed] would cover those up. Went over to the duffel bag, dug out a pair of socks which didn't seem too dirty. Last thing you needed in battle was sore feet, right? Slipped them on, then re-did her boots; pulling a face on sitting down to do so.

Now with the gear. Spare clips for the 9mm, some energy bars - two for the pocket, another for her mouth - then waist-holster. Located an energy drink, which she rapidly drained with a smoke as she loaded up stripper clips and fed them into her webbing. No such thing as "too much ammo". Checked the knife was still there, then pulled over the gun-bag and unzipped it.

Good job she'd kept the old thing. Mentally admitted the rifle looked like a piece of shit; what with the duct tape, mismatched woods and clear rusting. Stood up, checked the action, sight and finally the cheek-piece. All good. Wondered for the hundredth time whether the scores on the butt showed how many fascists Ivan killed with it in WWII.

Ran the butt of the smoke in the kitchen sink, filled a small hip-flask. Located the patches, slapping one on her arm. Grabbed the webbing - they'd stay in the trunk with the rifle 'till they were into the Fallen base proper - then switched her pistol to her new holster.

Last moment before leaving, went back and grabbed two more energy bars. Then finally exited the room, heading downstairs. On switching her phone to silent, checked the time - six minutes. Oh, fuck it. If he complains, she'll hint it was p'sonal and stare at them 'till they get embarrassed...

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Nick's wearing tanker boots, not lace-ups...)
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:29 am

"I agree that if the Traditions had gotten a better grip on the Consensus things would have been both different and not perfect but I have to say I would have preferred that to the cold sterility of the union. I would rather have some power hungry mages than cold steel and glass and the static nightmare the Technocracy wants for the world."
The Handler said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "The Fey have largely been driven from Earth, it seems, and we are all diminished for it. The world is perhaps more existentially stable, but it has allowed power-hungry Sleepers to wield destructive capabilities to match any Mage... without necessarily the wisdom and discipline a Mage must have attained to acquire such power themselves."

The spell was not that hard to pull off, it was simple, quick and elegant, and yet it was one that would require training to perfect, you felt protected, the protection was by no means perfect but it was there. As you worked you also felt a calm, there was still emotions, your feelings for your loved ones had not changed, the fear over where exactly you where currently at and how quickly you could be discovered where not gone, nor the worry over Bee and Anna or all the little emotions that swirled around but they where dampened, giving you a sort of sharp clarity of mind.
He felt the wards sliding into place, and nodded thoughtfully, "I see... Suppression and control of emotions, but not elimination. Just enough to keep my reflexes ready, and subdued enough to work at my most rational ability. Useful, simple... but not, perhaps, the best state for work dependent on intuitive leaps or instinct. I don't think this would be very practical for, say, flying an aircraft of any sort, where finely honed instincts and gut feelings can determine the difference between life and death more than rational analysis... I might well manage to create some modifications to it - combine it with a spell I devised to make tracking and targeting a little more difficult."

"Well other than some groups of vampires the Traditions have no open conflict with the other Awakened species as far as I know but no between the Traditions and the Nephandi there will never be peace."
Dalisse said and she sigh.
"Well I will be leaving this conflict behind soon and head for the deep if all go well today, but I feel for the rest of you who are still trapped in it."
He grimaced, "I hear tell werewolves, on the whole, are none too fond of our kind, whether Traditionalist, Technocrat or Nephandus. But I don't know of any open hostilities... and that's a mercy."
He smiled sadly, "We may be stuck in the conflict, true enough, but trapped might be a little harsh. If we set our hearts and minds, and dedicate us fully to it, we might be able to bring about a conclusion to the war. Unfortunately, none of the sides are able to yield or concede, so the conclusion would be... costly, for all parties."

Dallise's hands moved though several hand gestures as she listened to you sing, some of the hand sigils proved difficult for her to do with her finger webbing.
"I have stored the song in my memory perfectly, that is a...quite smart key for such packages."
She said and smiled.
"Also that is a nice song...I will keep a lookout for it."
He grinned, "I realized that in the Umbra, everything moves by association rather than by any absolute geometric system. As as we both now associate that particular, hm, performance with this place, that might be just enough of a sympathetic link to send something out with a hope of reaching you."

((OOC: Quite alright. I've been out all evening/night celebrating my schnookums' birthday. :3 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:22 am

"No that should be it. I will head down to the cafeteria with this and then I have other duties to attend to, if you would not mind looking after Cava along with the other girls and Miss Olsen?"
Richard asked.

"No problem at all. We'll just be here talking about the adventures of Cava's new doll friend." Serge replied.

"Yeah that could be cool Sir."
The young mage said and nodded.
"Did you know that there are real werecats out there Sir...if a werecat becomes ill would you take her to the doctor or to a vet?"
She asked you.

"Yeah I figured their would be werecats out there. I just learned about weresharks today so I'm sure their's a bunch more out were- people out there." Serge replied.

He tilted his head to the side as he pondered the little girl's question. "They'd probably visit a doctor. Typically when your sick or weak you revert back into your natural state. So if a werecat was a person who turned from a man into a cat I would assume they were originally a person to begin with and a doctor would have to see them at the point."

"It will happen again Sir, this war is six hundred years old I fear there will never be peace but who do mages want to kill one another we are all the same thing."
Jane asked and she pouted and looked up at you with her big, blue eyes.

"If you keep saying that, you'll start to believe it and it'll be harder to stop these wars." Serge said softly looking at Jane's sad eyes.

"It's hard to explain why people are fighting. It's quite complicated. Everyone has their own reasons for fighting. In the past people argued and bickered about what they believed in and that escalated into fighting. People got hurt in that fighting and they started to hate the other side. They began to fight harder due to those emotions and that cycle just continued." Serge said giving a very simplified answer to a situation that he didn't fully understand himself.

"The Nephandi like to play with those emotions. Fear, sadness, hatred and despair. They make you think that everything is bad and that nothing will get better. But that's not true is it? We beat them today and we beat them before and hopefully we'll land a finishing blow later. Don't let them get to you." Serge said encouragingly trying his best to assure the little girl of the future.

"It's true that this war has been going on for a long time. But that just means we'll have to work longer to stop it. It won't happen all at once but slowly and surely, step by step we'll get there." Serge assured her.

Jane translated what your story for Liv and the three little mage girls sat spellbound by your story.
"Did Deaconess O'Connor really turn the nasty oil spirits into cats Mr Yager?"
Jane asked wide eyed.
"Are they still spirits now? Where anyone hurt hurting the fight? What happened with the other spirits?"
She wanted to know.
"Where they banished Sir? The other spirits I mean. Did the Deaconess keep the kitten spirits?"

"Yeah she turned them into cats. I'm not sure if their still spirits though.....I think they still qualify as spirits? I'm not exactly sure what she did to them." Serge said trying to remember the oil-kittens. He hadn't actually questioned whether they were still spirits reshaped into the form of a cat or if the Deaconess had polymorphed them into living beings.

"And anyways, no one was seriously hurt during the fight. Their was like, 20 mages vs 7 of those spirits. They didn't stand a chance." Serge assured the young girl.

"The other spirits were banished or incinerated. Mostly banished though as far as I can remember." Serge said recalling the contents of the chaotic fight.

"As for the kittens well, their still here much to Master Morgan's dismay. The Deaconess said that they still had some part to play and refused to get rid of them. It's kinda hard to argue with a Deacon." Serge said with a shrug.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:16 am

Nicole:

You got to the basement. You saw Antonio there he was sitting on the ground writing in in on the sleeve of a shirt, your car already looked perfectly like a cop car paint and all, and emerging from behind another car the young Euthanathos woman who you had borrowed a weapon from came as she was twisting her long corkscrew curls into a bun, she was already wearing one of the uniforms Antonio where making, the same was Ty who rather looked the part in his uniform, he bent down and picked up another such article of clothing that Antonio had just finished and handed it to you, it felt and looked completely real.
"Will this do?"
The Akashic asked.
"I should be finishing the last one soon, then we can change and go."
Antonio commented as he continued to write on an old work overall.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The Fey have largely been driven from Earth, it seems, and we are all diminished for it. The world is perhaps more existentially stable, but it has allowed power-hungry Sleepers to wield destructive capabilities to match any Mage... without necessarily the wisdom and discipline a Mage must have attained to acquire such power themselves."

"Not all mages are wise Colin I am less concerned with the powers sleepers now have then I am with the fay being driven out and the world becoming more static, soon if the Union are allowed to continue there will be no more place for dreams and then the world will truly be a sad place."
The old Nephanda said and sigh.

He felt the wards sliding into place, and nodded thoughtfully, "I see... Suppression and control of emotions, but not elimination. Just enough to keep my reflexes ready, and subdued enough to work at my most rational ability. Useful, simple... but not, perhaps, the best state for work dependent on intuitive leaps or instinct. I don't think this would be very practical for, say, flying an aircraft of any sort, where finely honed instincts and gut feelings can determine the difference between life and death more than rational analysis... I might well manage to create some modifications to it - combine it with a spell I devised to make tracking and targeting a little more difficult."

"Like I said many Hermetics grew to dependent on the Parma, keeping it up at all times and with that growing detached from the world around them. In this way the newer version I hear about is better but this is the spell I know and that I can teach and it was quite revolutionary back in the day. It will need time and practice to get right though and to learn to get the shield strong."
Dalisse said and nodded then she added.
"There is possible to take the Parma up and down without banishing and re casting it, would you like to learn this as well?"

He grimaced, "I hear tell werewolves, on the whole, are none too fond of our kind, whether Traditionalist, Technocrat or Nephandus. But I don't know of any open hostilities... and that's a mercy."

"They often are not to fond of our kind no and me they would attack on sight, but non Entropic magi generally they will not start a conflict with."
Dalisse said.
"So you could not say there is a war there."

He smiled sadly, "We may be stuck in the conflict, true enough, but trapped might be a little harsh. If we set our hearts and minds, and dedicate us fully to it, we might be able to bring about a conclusion to the war. Unfortunately, none of the sides are able to yield or concede, so the conclusion would be... costly, for all parties."

"And ergo we are stuck, none of the factions will be willing to sacrifice their goals and ideals, none will be willing to give enough that the other factions will be happy with it, so this war will continue until one of the legs of the tripod fails and then the other two will destroy one another and crumble to the ground."
The old Handler said darkly.

He grinned, "I realized that in the Umbra, everything moves by association rather than by any absolute geometric system. As as we both now associate that particular, hm, performance with this place, that might be just enough of a sympathetic link to send something out with a hope of reaching you."

"Well here in the Penumbra there are geometric systems but in the Near and Middle Umbra things move by association. In the Deep there is not even that but yes it will work well enough for me to be able to find what you send."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"And the performance was fine enough Colin."
She said and grinned.

Serge:

"No problem at all. We'll just be here talking about the adventures of Cava's new doll friend." Serge replied.

Richard raised an eyebrow to that but then he nodded.
"Very well, thank you."
He said before he waved to the girls and left.

"Yeah I figured their would be werecats out there. I just learned about weresharks today so I'm sure their's a bunch more out were- people out there." Serge replied.

He tilted his head to the side as he pondered the little girl's question. "They'd probably visit a doctor. Typically when your sick or weak you revert back into your natural state. So if a werecat was a person who turned from a man into a cat I would assume they were originally a person to begin with and a doctor would have to see them at the point."

"There are weresharks Sir?"
Cava asked and Jane nodded.
"I have met one he is real nice."
She declared.
Cava's eyes went wide then she looked at you.
"What if their human form is not their natural one Sir?"
The little girl wanted to know.
"Could not a werecat just as easily be a cat turning into a human as a human turning into a cat?"

"If you keep saying that, you'll start to believe it and it'll be harder to stop or fix these wars." Serge said softly looking at Jane's sad eyes.

"It's hard to explain why people are fighting. It's very complicated. People argued and bickered about what they believed in and that escalated into fighting. People got hurt in that fighting and they started to hate the other side. They began to fight harder due to their emotions and that cycle just continued." Serge said giving a very simplified answer to a situation that he didn't fully understand himself.

Jane gave a sigh to that and nodded but she did not seam like she really believed the conflict could be stopped.
"It was really stupid that it turned into a war, but what could we possibly do Sir to stop it, now all the Factions hate one another and the Union want to kill us all and the Nephandi wants to kill the world how could there ever be peace with that?"

"The Nephandi like to play with those emotions. Fear, sadness, hatred and despair. They make you think that everything is bad and that nothing will get better. But that's not true is it? We beat them today and we beat them before and hopefully we'll land a finishing blow later. Don't let them get to you." Serge said encouragingly trying his best to assure the little girl of the future.

"Well hopefully we will take out one Labyrinth Sir, that is like their word for a Chantry, but there will still be allot more Nephandi out there."
Jane said sadly.
"And allot of Technocrats."

"It's true that this war has been going on for a long time. But that just means we'll have to work longer to stop it. It won't happen all at once but slowly and surely, step by step we'll get there." Serge assured her.

"How will we stop it Sir when no one can agree?"
Jane asked and she looked up at you.

"Yeah she turned them into cats. I'm not sure if their still spirits though.....I think they still qualify as spirits? I'm not exactly sure what she did to them." Serge said trying to remember the oil-kittens. He hadn't actually questioned whether they were still spirits reshaped into the form of a cat or if the Deaconess had polymorphed them into living beings.

Jane translated for Liv and the three young mages nodded at this information.

"And anyways, no one was seriously hurt during the fight. Their was like, 20 mages vs 7 of those spirits. They didn't stand a chance." Serge assured the young girl.

"That is good to hear."
The young Chorister said and smiled.

"The other spirits were banished or incinerated. Mostly banished though as far as I can remember." Serge said recalling the contents of the chaotic fight.

Jane nodded at that.
"My Mentor says that banishing is what you want to do to a spirit you want to go away as actually killing a spirit is rude and it is also difficult for they are made of spirit stuff."
The little girl explained.

"As for the kittens well, their still here much to Master Morgan's dismay. The Deaconess said that they still had some part to play and refused to get rid of them. It's kinda hard to argue with a Deacon." Serge said with a shrug.

"Master Morgan want to keep us all safe, that is what my Mentor says, he is a little scary but behind that he is a good guy."
Jane said and nodded.
"Deaconess O'Connor is really cool I am sure she have some plan for the kittens then a good plan."

(OOC: I hope your girlfriend had a great birthday Warp please say hello to her from me.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 am

"There are weresharks Sir?"
Cava asked and Jane nodded.
"I have met one he is real nice."
She declared.
Cava's eyes went wide then she looked at you.
"What if their human form is not their natural one Sir?"
The little girl wanted to know.
"Could not a werecat just as easily be a cat turning into a human as a human turning into a cat?"

"Huh that makes sense. You mostly hear about the man turning into the wolf but I think I might've read somewhere that it could be the other way around." Serge said with a curious look. It was clear his knowledge on the were-beasts might not be rooted in actual mage lore.

"If that were the case then I would assume they would revert back into their cat form when there sick or weak. Then you'd just take them to the vet. Man I'd like to meet one of the were-beasts." Serge said with a grin.

Jane gave a sigh to that and nodded but she did not seam like she really believed the conflict could be stopped.
"It was really stupid that it turned into a war, but what could we possibly do Sir to stop it, now all the Factions hate one another and the Union want to kill us all and the Nephandi wants to kill the world how could there ever be peace with that?"
"Well hopefully we will take out one Labyrinth Sir, that is like their word for a Chantry, but there will still be allot more Nephandi out there."
Jane said sadly.
"And allot of Technocrats."

"Easy now..." Serge said cautiously. He was beginning to see bits of his younger self within Jane's words. The young child who housed thoughts that the world was overwhelmingly against him and that their was nothing he could do to stop it. That everyone hated him and was his enemy. He wanted to stop Jane from heading down that dark path.

"If you think about it all at once like that you'll be overwhelmed. You have to think about it step-by-step and piece-by-piece. Today we'll stop one labyrinth. Tomorrow we'll help a chantry take down another. On the next day we might convince some technocrats to come to our side. But it's important to understand these things take time. Their's no point looking at the grim big picture when we can focus on smaller actions that will help make sure the big picture is one of peace rather than something darker." Serge said slowly to emphasize his point.

"How will we stop it Sir when no one can agree?"
Jane asked and she looked up at you.

Serge looked at Jane for a second, thinking about the answer to that question.

"We make them agree. You know the virtual adept's used to be part of the Technocracy, but they came over to our side. Their are many in the Nephandi who regret joining. The more people that we can bring onto one side the easier it will be to agree." Serge said, giving a Jane a more hopeful answer rather than a grim realistic answer.

"It might take a really long time to stop the war Jane. And even if we stop it their may still be fighting. But we can all try to help decrease the amount. So that it's not as severe in the future as it is now." Serge added on.

Jane nodded at that.
"My Mentor says that banishing is what you want to do to a spirit you want to go away as actually killing a spirit is rude and it is also difficult for they are made of spirit stuff."

"Yeah I noticed that. Magick attacks didn't seem to do much to them. Strangely my magick seemed to work on them though. Granted I wasn't really attacking them, at least not in the traditional sense." Serge said curiously as he remembered how his terrorizing mental assaults had affected the oil spirits.

"Master Morgan want to keep us all safe, that is what my Mentor says, he is a little scary but behind that he is a good guy."
Jane said and nodded.
"Deaconess O'Connor is really cool I am sure she have some plan for the kittens then a good plan."

"I wanna know what that plan is though." Serge said grumpily.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:26 am

"Not all mages are wise Colin I am less concerned with the powers sleepers now have then I am with the fay being driven out and the world becoming more static, soon if the Union are allowed to continue there will be no more place for dreams and then the world will truly be a sad place."
The old Nephanda said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "True, we are not all wise... but it requires a certain degree of discipline to wield the most powerful spells. And yes, the Union's progress must be reversed, if at all possible."

"Like I said many Hermetics grew to dependent on the Parma, keeping it up at all times and with that growing detached from the world around them. In this way the newer version I hear about is better but this is the spell I know and that I can teach and it was quite revolutionary back in the day. It will need time and practice to get right though and to learn to get the shield strong."
Dalisse said and nodded then she added.
"There is possible to take the Parma up and down without banishing and re casting it, would you like to learn this as well?"
He nodded, "That would be useful... Not much good if such a defense can't be lowered for, say, giving the Healer access. Yes, please."

"They often are not to fond of our kind no and me they would attack on sight, but non Entropic magi generally they will not start a conflict with."
Dalisse said.
"So you could not say there is a war there."
He nodded, "No, just grounds for caution. Apparently, there's been a number of squabbles over Nodes; personal grudges at the most, I think."

"Well here in the Penumbra there are geometric systems but in the Near and Middle Umbra things move by association. In the Deep there is not even that but yes it will work well enough for me to be able to find what you send."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"And the performance was fine enough Colin."
She said and grinned.
He smiled wryly, "I couldn't make a solo career of it, I'm afraid... but I might work well in a choir."

((OOC: Will do, once we're both awake...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 am

Anja's Post:

A little sigh on seeing the car; they'd better change it back once the job was finished. Looked at the offered clothing with an raised eyebrow, nodded, dumped her webbing and rifle in the trunk and started back towards the bathroom to change into it.

[Are they magicking up the accessories like badges, handcuffs etc too?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Serge:

"Huh that makes sense. You mostly hear about the man turning into the wolf but I think I might've read somewhere that it could be the other way around." Serge said with a curious look. It was clear his knowledge on the were-beasts might not be rooted in actual mage lore.

"If that were the case then I would assume they would revert back into their cat form when there sick or weak. Then you'd just take them to the vet. Man I'd like to meet one of the were-beasts." Serge said with a grin.

"You speak about the theory of the true form Sir, it is what makes it hard to change something that is a part of your being from birth or that you through strong emotions have made a part of you. For example I have glasses I just do not use them allot, but when reading it makes my eyes less tired to use them, but my eyes being a little bit weak is hard to heal as I was born with it so it is part of my true form, while if I break my arm it it easy to heal as it is a change from my true from."
Jane said.
"But why would you think a werecreature have one true form over the other, perhaps both their from are their true form a with Mr Acherman, he is both an owl and an man, both are his true form."

"Easy now..." Serge said cautiously. He was beginning to see bits of his younger self within Jane's words. The young child who housed thoughts that the world was overwhelmingly against him and that their was nothing he could do to stop it. That everyone hated him and was his enemy. He wanted to stop Jane from heading down that dark path.

"If you think about it all at once like that you'll be overwhelmed. You have to think about it step-by-step and piece-by-piece. Today we'll stop one labyrinth. Tomorrow we'll help a chantry take down another. On the next day we might convince some technocrats to come to our side. But it's important to understand these things take time. Their's no point looking at the grim big picture when we can focus on smaller actions that will help make sure the big picture is one of peace rather than something darker." Serge said slowly to emphasize his point.

"Agreed Sir, we have to focus on what we can do, eking out what victories we can, and yet the bigger picture is still there oh so very clear, in fact the Traditions themselves are a war council and this war is a part of our lives, we have to be careful when going out so the Union will not get us, and so many that I know have lost someone, they try to keep some of it from me but I know, and that is hard not to think about."
Jane said and sigh and she glanced sadly out the window.

Serge looked at Jane for a second, thinking about the answer to that question.

"We make them agree. You know the virtual adept's used to be part of the Technocracy, but they came over to our side. Their are many in the Nephandi who regret joining. The more people that we can bring onto one side the easier it will be to agree." Serge said, giving a Jane a more hopeful answer rather than a grim realistic answer.

"It might take a really long time to stop the war Jane. And even if we stop it their may still be fighting. But we can all try to help decrease the amount. So that it's not as severe in the future as it is now." Serge added on.

"The Virtual Adepts and the Sons of Ether left the Union of their own accord and then found a place with the Traditions as we would take them Sir."
Jane said quoting Tradition history.
"I am not sure we can make the others agree, and this war have been going on for so long, getting it to stop will not be easy."
She said then she smiled.
"But I try not to think about it you know...that we are in a war...I try."

"Yeah I noticed that. Magick attacks didn't seem to do much to them. Strangely my magick seemed to work on them though. Granted I wasn't really attacking them, at least not in the traditional sense." Serge said curiously as he remembered how his terrorizing mental assaults had affected the oil spirits.

"Magick works on Spirits Sir and it can harm or help them but they are very hard to destroy so my Mentor say for they are not like us who have easily breakable parts inside."
The little Chorister said and nodded.

"I wanna know what that plan is though." Serge said grumpily.

"I want to know that to."
Jane chimed in then she frowned.
"But if the Deaconess feel it is better not to tell us she have her reasons."
The little girl said, she was used to placing her trust in the decisions of the older magi.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True, we are not all wise... but it requires a certain degree of discipline to wield the most powerful spells. And yes, the Union's progress must be reversed, if at all possible."

"That is true a mage must have discipline a sleeper with a nuke do not, but that do not mean they will be wiser than that sleeper."
Dalisse commented.

He nodded, "That would be useful... Not much good if such a defense can't be lowered for, say, giving the Healer access. Yes, please."

"Very well, what you must do is feel the shield you have created around you, feel it as a tangible thing so you can grab it, manipulate it..."
The Handler said and she moved her hands into new sigils and waited for you to follow suit.
"Then you need to see yourself taking than shield and bringing it down to the soles of your feet and into the ground, keeping it there safely until you wish to raise it again...keeping the rote active but dormant until you need it again."

He nodded, "No, just grounds for caution. Apparently, there's been a number of squabbles over Nodes; personal grudges at the most, I think."

"That is true werewolves and our kind share resources which lead to more conflicts with them than wit vampires who we can safely just avoid."
She said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "I couldn't make a solo career of it, I'm afraid... but I might work well in a choir."

"You might not have the ability to sing for a living Colin but yes in a choir your voice is plesant enough, or for a family party or any such event."

Nicole:

A little sigh on seeing the car; they'd better change it back once the job was finished. Looked at the offered clothing with an raised eyebrow, nodded, dumped her webbing and rifle in the trunk and started back towards the bathroom to change into it.

You remember that there where a small bathroom own the first floor, a small one with dark pink walls and looking like it had not been redecorated since the 70's, it was very clean though. There where a badge, a flashlight and such with your outfit but no handcuffs or radio, small details that it seamed that Antonio ha forgotten when he wrote the uniform into existence.

(OOC: Great Warp and we need to get some gaming going with your girlfriend and the rest of the group again soon. I am trying to talk my father in law into allowing us to use a room in his house to game in, he have no cats.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Back in the bathroom again, another change; Nicole was starting to feel like an actor in some play. A critical eye to the clothes as she began to strip off; hoping that they fit decently enough...

[But a house isn't a home without a cat!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:41 pm

The clothes where made for a fairly large man and did fit, they where clearly not tailored but a glance would not tell anything that something where off and they did look and feel authentic, especially if you could get your hands on a radio and some cuffs and a few other crucial details.

(OOC: Oh I agree but my father in law have never been to keen on pets, though he had a dog and a cat while my husband and his sister where kids.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 pm

"That is true a mage must have discipline a sleeper with a nuke do not, but that do not mean they will be wiser than that sleeper."
Dalisse commented.
Colin nodded, "Not wiser, perhaps, but at least more aware of the consequences. Whether said Mage is concerned with that is an entirely different question..."

"Very well, what you must do is feel the shield you have created around you, feel it as a tangible thing so you can grab it, manipulate it..."
The Handler said and she moved her hands into new sigils and waited for you to follow suit.
"Then you need to see yourself taking than shield and bringing it down to the soles of your feet and into the ground, keeping it there safely until you wish to raise it again...keeping the rote active but dormant until you need it again."
His brow furrowed as he closed his eyes; making the shield tangible so he could grip it was not quite compatible with the mental image he had conjured up... He fumbled around for a bit and... had that stone lever always been there? He pulled it to the side and felt the fortifications throughout the mountain passages slide aside, opening up as though a mighty mechanism operated deep within the stone... "Ah, I think I get it, or at least something like it..."

"You might not have the ability to sing for a living Colin but yes in a choir your voice is plesant enough, or for a family party or any such event."
He smiled, "Thank you... I should like to hear you sing some time, in your physical voice. I think that would be quite pleasant, too, once you get used to using it again..."

((OOC: Yes, we must. Preferably soon, too.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole put them on, actually a little grateful they were not overly tailored as so to be a snug fit. After replacing her boots - and giving them a little shine - checked her rear in the mirror. Swiped belt from cargos, ensuring impossibility of exposure. Caught her cop-reflection on the way out; felt a little dirty.

With that, returned to the garage, ready to go.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:38 pm

"You speak about the theory of the true form Sir, it is what makes it hard to change something that is a part of your being from birth or that you through strong emotions have made a part of you. For example I have glasses I just do not use them allot, but when reading it makes my eyes less tired to use them, but my eyes being a little bit weak is hard to heal as I was born with it so it is part of my true form, while if I break my arm it it easy to heal as it is a change from my true from."
Jane said.
"But why would you think a werecreature have one true form over the other, perhaps both their from are their true form a with Mr Acherman, he is both an owl and an man, both are his true form."

"Well werebeasts aren't my area of expertise beyond popular pop culture media. And we can't really know for sure unless we research it or ask Mr. wereshark himself." Serge said.

"But yeah it could be possible that were-beasts have two possible true forms. But I presume it takes a bit of effort to shift between them. So whatever form their in when their sick or weak determines the type of doctor that would see to them." Serge guessed.

"It's probably best to call both a doctor and vet if your ever in this situation." Serge said with a small grin.

"Agreed Sir, we have to focus on what we can do, eking out what victories we can, and yet the bigger picture is still there oh so very clear, in fact the Traditions themselves are a war council and this war is a part of our lives, we have to be careful when going out so the Union will not get us, and so many that I know have lost someone, they try to keep some of it from me but I know, and that is hard not to think about."
Jane said and sigh and she glanced sadly out the window.

"It may always be in the back of your mind, but don't let it overwhelm you. Otherwise you may find that it is the only thing you can think about." Serge warned.

"The Virtual Adepts and the Sons of Ether left the Union of their own accord and then found a place with the Traditions as we would take them Sir."
Jane said quoting Tradition history.
"I am not sure we can make the others agree, and this war have been going on for so long, getting it to stop will not be easy."
She said then she smiled.
"But I try not to think about it you know...that we are in a war...I try."

"Everyone at the chantry is doing their best to help stop this war or prevent more tragedies. It's not going to be easy but at least we're all trying." Serge said softly.

"And we're mages. Hard is normal for us and impossible doesn't exist in our dictionary. I checked!" Serge said adding a small joke afterwards to lighten the mood.

"Magick works on Spirits Sir and it can harm or help them but they are very hard to destroy so my Mentor say for they are not like us who have easily breakable parts inside."
The little Chorister said and nodded.

"It was just seemed strange to me. I learned how to affect the minds of people." Serge began.

"But I managed to do it with spirits of all things. I don't know much about spirits in general and have only seen a few of them over my years. But I probably got lucky. And it probably helps that they were completely manifested in the physical world too."

"I want to know that to."
Jane chimed in then she frowned.
"But if the Deaconess feel it is better not to tell us she have her reasons."
The little girl said, she was used to placing her trust in the decisions of the older magi.

"Nah half the fun is trying to figure it out on your own. It might be possible that the reason the Deaconess didn't tell us is because she wants people to find out on their own. Serge suggested.

"Or maybe she doesn't want to share her reasons. Kinda hard to figure out the Deaconess..." Serge said remembering is interesting talk with her.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 pm

One of the magi from Westchapel, you seam to remember she is a Hermetic of House Tytalus, she wore a leather jacket, jeans and a band tshurt, had several piercings an a wounded hand and she gave you a bit of a look as you cut in line in front of her to give a message to the Chief, she said nothing though. Jeffry nodded.
"Very well give Mrs Von Hess the message that it is better she stays here where it is relatively safe and keep up her dowsing, that is more practical than having to protect her in the field, please find her a more detailed map and return with information on what she learns."

He was careful to give the lady another apologetic glance at her eye-daggers, he didn't like being rude but as the Chief had said they were moving out when she had a spot, she did have one, though could get a more accurate one. "Yes, sir."

"I am sure Andrew will be glad to help Mr Roth Hicks." He said, worry and sadness still on his face. "He is in the kitchen enchanting ammunition together with a few other of the younger magi of the Chantry."

"Thanks, may we borrow your printer? I need some help getting maps," he said, so he was assured it wasn't anything too dangerous. He glanced over at Nicole and gave her a nod.

// Happy birthday to your gf Warp. It's my birthday today so I'm busy a bit myself, sorry for slow.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Not wiser, perhaps, but at least more aware of the consequences. Whether said Mage is concerned with that is an entirely different question..."

"That we can agree on."
The Handler said and nodded.

His brow furrowed as he closed his eyes; making the shield tangible so he could grip it was not quite compatible with the mental image he had conjured up... He fumbled around for a bit and... had that stone lever always been there? He pulled it to the side and felt the fortifications throughout the mountain passages slide aside, opening up as though a mighty mechanism operated deep within the stone... "Ah, I think I get it, or at least something like it..."

You felt the dampened emotions flood back in as you pulled that lever to bring the magickal protections back down.
"Good that is it, you should be able to feel the difference."
Dalisse said and smiled.
"Now be aware that the Parma just lasts until the sun next turn and have to be redone at sun set and sun rise."
She warned.
"That is how the system the spell was originally made for works."

He smiled, "Thank you... I should like to hear you sing some time, in your physical voice. I think that would be quite pleasant, too, once you get used to using it again..."

The Handler smiled a little.
"Perhaps so...I have not really used my physical voice in such a long time..."
She said then she turned serious.
"The dead guard have been discovered Colin, Lady Larson's men know that there are an intruder on the ship."
She suddenly warned.

Nicole:

Nicole put them on, actually a little grateful they were not overly tailored as so to be a snug fit. After replacing her boots - and giving them a little shine - checked her rear in the mirror. Swiped belt from cargos, ensuring impossibility of exposure. Caught her cop-reflection on the way out; felt a little dirty.

With that, returned to the garage, ready to go.

The others seamed to be ready by the time you got back. Antonio gave you a slight smile.
"I am glad the clothes fit."
He said.
"I suggest that I drive since I know where we are going unless there are any objections?"
He said as Francesca an Ty got into the back seat of the car.

Serge:

"Well werebeasts aren't my area of expertise beyond popular pop culture media. And we can't really know for sure unless we research it or ask Mr. wereshark himself." Serge said.

Jane nodded at that.
"I guess I could ask Mr Coawa the next time I see him Sir."
She said and nodded.
"You had a werecreature at the Chantry you lived in before though, you are from Westchapel are you not Sir? I have heard their librarian is a werefox."
The little girl said. You do know that the small, coy woman who served at Westchapel's librarian certainly where mysterious but you had never seen her change her shape.

"But yeah it could be possible that were-beasts have two possible true forms. But I presume it takes a bit of effort to shift between them. So whatever form their in when their sick or weak determines the type of doctor that would see to them." Serge guessed.

"It's probably best to call both a doctor and vet if your ever in this situation." Serge said with a small grin.

Jane translated for Liv who said something and Jane translated back.
"Liv says that Chantry Morningstar in Chicago have a veterinarian who works as the Chantry's medic."
She informed you and Cava smiled.
"That is pretty cool."
She chimed in.

"It may always be in the back of your mind, but don't let it overwhelm you. Otherwise you may find that it is the only thing you can think about." Serge warned.

The little girl just gave you a sad look at that and nodded.

"Everyone at the chantry is doing their best to help stop this war or prevent more tragedies. It's not going to be easy but at least we're all trying." Serge said softly.

"And we're mages. Hard is normal for us and impossible doesn't exist in our dictionary. I checked!" Serge said adding a small joke afterwards to lighten the mood.

Jane nodded at that.
"I guess you are right Sir...I am just worried...I do not like this war."
She muttered and pouted.

"It was just seemed strange to me. I learned how to affect the minds of people." Serge began.

"Well spirits have minds to Sir."
Jane chimed in.

"But I managed to do it with spirits of all things. I don't know much about spirits in general and have only seen a few of them over my years. But I probably got lucky. And it probably helps that they were completely manifested in the physical world too."

"My Mentor says that when a spirit is fully manifested it can be affected by anything that affects regular people Sir."
"I think you did a good job scaring them away that was cool."

"Nah half the fun is trying to figure it out on your own. It might be possible that the reason the Deaconess didn't tell us is because she wants people to find out on their own. Serge suggested.

"Well yes finding out for oneself is more fun indeed Sir so that might be why the Deaconess have not told anyone her plans."
Jane agreed and nodded.

"Or maybe she doesn't want to share her reasons. Kinda hard to figure out the Deaconess..." Serge said remembering is interesting talk with her.

"Yeah she is a bit unusual, but I like her and if she do not want to tell anyone her reasons she do not have to, I trust her Mr Yager."
The little singer said and she gave a firm nod of her head.

Adley:

He was careful to give the lady another apologetic glance at her eye-daggers, he didn't like being rude but as the Chief had said they were moving out when she had a spot, she did have one, though could get a more accurate one. "Yes, sir."

The Tytalus maga gave you a bit less angry look and sigh, she understood that everyone wanted Master Morgan's attention right now and things where a bit hectic, though she was still irritated, then again Tytali often where irritated.

"Thanks, may we borrow your printer? I need some help getting maps," he said, so he was assured it wasn't anything too dangerous. He glanced over at Nicole and gave her a nod.

"Off course not a problem, will you be okey using it yourself if I lend you the key to my room, the printer is on the bench next to my desk in the living room area, or do you want me to come with you to print the maps out Sodalis?"
Antonio asked he seamed relieved that your plans for Andrew where nothing dangerous.
"Or Andrew might help you if you prefer, the boy have a spare key to my room, feel free to ask for his aid."
The Scribe offered.

(OOC: Happy Birthday Strife have a good one. And I am the one being slow these last few days so do not worry about it.)

(OOC: I am working on my father in law, he is concerned my gaming group will think his house messy though not that it is anywhere near as messy as mine. We can play cards here at my place off course we can just decide a date for that, but for a cat free area that will take a bit of work.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Jane nodded at that.
"I guess I could ask Mr Coawa the next time I see him Sir."
She said and nodded.
"You had a werecreature at the Chantry you lived in before though, you are from Westchapel are you not Sir? I have heard their librarian is a werefox."
The little girl said. You do know that the small, coy woman who served at Westchapel's librarian certainly where mysterious but you had never seen her change her shape.

"Was she? wait really? Damn I never noticed!" Serge said remembering the librarian. He hadn't really payed much attention or talked to her the few times he had gone to the library.

"Huh...so now we can add werefoxes to the mix. Do you know any other cool people with interesting powers around here Jane?" Serge asked now wondering if their was any other interesting people he had never noticed before.

"Well spirits have minds to Sir."
Jane chimed in.
"My Mentor says that when a spirit is fully manifested it can be affected by anything that affects regular people Sir."
"I think you did a good job scaring them away that was cool."

"Yeah it was fun. You should've seen the other mages though. They were so much cooler!" Serge said with a smile.

"Their were fireballs, bullets flying everywhere, and Mr. Roth Hicks was slapping them with some kind of weapon. I even saw one member of the Akashic brotherhood just straight up punching one of those creatures. I'm not sure who it was, he was moving so fast!" Serge said giving a detail analysis of the battlefield.

"Yeah she is a bit unusual, but I like her and if she do not want to tell anyone her reasons she do not have to, I trust her Mr Yager."
The little singer said and she gave a firm nod of her head.

"I trust her too. And I'm sure Master Morgan does to some extent as well." Serge agreed.

Looking around Serge, it suddenly dawned on Serge that he was in charge of 3 young girls. He became slightly worried, especially with the talk of the war fresh in his mind, but he shook those fears aside.

"So Girls. Just sitting here talking is probably going to turn us into boring adults. We should do something to pass the time. We have a giant arsenal of art supplies here." Serge said glancing at Jane's giant bucket and other assortment of art supplies.

"Do you girls wanna draw some more? We could all try and draw different portions of Princess Katie's kingdom. One of us could do her cat-themed castle, another could draw the town, and so on." Serge suggested.

(OOC: Happy Birthday Strife and Warp's gf !!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Adley's Post:

A tiny nod in return, but the large woman's body language made it clear she was rather reoccupied.

Anja's Post:

A nod of the affirmative, a definite cooling in manner on Antonio's choice in driver. Then a little sigh and handed over the key. 'Breaks are a touch soft, and it's front-engine, rear-wheeled. So beware of oversteer.' With that, she'll move over to the passenger side and get in.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next