Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 am

Dalisse smiled a little.
"Well let us hope the vampiress is there while I do this, at least I will rob the Labyrinth of a resource..."
She said telepatically nervously before she started moving her hands over the table in swirling motions.
"I don't see her...damnation...I see the Tass storage chamber and...one of the Chief's other apprentices is in there gathering up the vis...what do I do, the vamire is there but clearly someone needs the Tass for some planned spell."
The Handler said telepatically as she looked up at you.
He frowned, a flicker of regret and steel crossing his eyes ever so quickly, 'The apprentice's life is forfeit anyway... at least like this, it could be a quick and almost painless death rather than... the fate in captivity. And we can't afford the Tass being used against us, either...'

"I have seen the movie it is good, but Bruce Willis' character do not look halfway as scared as I feel."
Brandon complained.
He grinned, "Funny thing, adrenaline..."

"Well yes Jesus lions might be a little bit harder to deal with thana little kitten."
Dalisse said and she sounded amused.
"Seeing Lady Laron be taken out by a magickal lion might just make my day."
She said and Brandon looked shocked.
"Y...you can't say that Lady Dalisse!"
He exclaimed.
He chuckled, "I believe you'll find she's quite capable of saying that, Brandon... If it's any consolation, the Traditions also have high-ranking members about which similar sentiments are shared..."

Brandon nodded sadly he seamned to be quite worried.
"I worry that when all this is said and done I will be all alone and all I care about will be dead or worse."
The boy said and sigh. Dalisse nodded and said telepatically.
"I will look for her and if at all possible I will get her into an unused door and seal the door, she will be safe."
The Handler promised.
He gave Brandon a light pat on the shoulder, "Avatars seem to often reincarnate in groups... Who knows, perhaps the friends who die today will be reborn to meet you in a few years or decades..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Adley's Post:

Nicole didn't notice this; seemingly having mentally moved to other, more important things such as preparing the room. Which was a good thing, perhaps.

Anja's Post:

A firm nod to Brian, deftly pulling back her rifle's bolt to stop accidental firing and placing it nearby before striding up to the table to move it.

Nicole's plan was a simple one; grab anything large or heavy to block the doors; the door ahead taking the higher priority. Furniture, white goods - if they're not literally welded or bolted to the floor, she'll go for the cooker, fridge and freezers after the table. If the doors open in, the weight will make opening difficult. If out, they'll have to clamber through the pile. Then, the 'inner barricade', using what was left.

The large woman will do this with an agitated, though confident air; unless someone else steps up to organise things, she'll take charge - as the Chief was clearly indisposed. Naturally, while doing this she'll spy out the best position for her to go - one which covered both of the doors but offered the lowest chance of causing friendly fire.

Anja's Post:

When the first sounds of the insects are heard, Nicole will dump the last load of stuff, get her rifle and retreat to the barricade, gesturing to the others to follow suit. Hoping that they'd done enough.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:40 pm

"I trust you with my life Serge, and you are ready for the responsibility."
Ange said and she smiled weakly and patted your hand.
"You are as dear to me as if you had been my flesh and blood son...and thank you for helping me."
She muttered and closed her eyes again. Dr Wang, Richard's Mentor looked concerned.
"The Deaconess needs to rest now Mr...ehm Yegar was it."
He said softly and looked at you with concerned, kind eyes.

For a few seconds Serge pretended not to hear Dr Wang before finally conceding and saying, "Yeah your right Doc. She needs her rest. I should get to work on those tasks now."

He still spent a good few minutes looking over his mentor's unconscious body before pulling out his phone and typing in the number to call Elizabeth, his mentor's secretary whom he had met before.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Colin:

He frowned, a flicker of regret and steel crossing his eyes ever so quickly, 'The apprentice's life is forfeit anyway... at least like this, it could be a quick and almost painless death rather than... the fate in captivity. And we can't afford the Tass being used against us, either...'

The Handler looked at Brandon for a moment then at you then she simply nodded and continued her working, her elegant, strange hands moving slowly over the table as she whispered something in Latin, then the ship short of shook, but while sweat ran down Dalisse's face she did not appear to be hurt.
"It is done."
She said to you telepatically and she glanced at Brandon again before she continued to speak in your mind.
"The Chief's apprentice would have felt nothing, there would have been no time as she was carrying a far bit of that Tass as it ignigted she would have been burned to nothing long before she would have had time to register what was happening...the trick with extending the space around the walls worked, my ship suffered no damage."
She said sadly and leaned back rather exhausted.
"Do...we tell him?"
She asked you telepatically and looked towards Brandon.

He grinned, "Funny thing, adrenaline..."

"Yeah I guess you are right about that...adrenaline what you get when a Traddie suddely crawls out from under the bed."
Brandon said wryly and he gave you a bit of a grin.

He chuckled, "I believe you'll find she's quite capable of saying that, Brandon... If it's any consolation, the Traditions also have high-ranking members about which similar sentiments are shared..."

"I do believe I just said it."
Dalisse said wryly.
"Saying it to her face though that is another matter however while the walls do have ears on this ship those ears are mine I feel safe saying it here."
The Handler continued. Brandon loked a bit unsure about that still though and he gave a bit of a nervous smile.

He gave Brandon a light pat on the shoulder, "Avatars seem to often reincarnate in groups... Who knows, perhaps the friends who die today will be reborn to meet you in a few years or decades..."

"Yeah and there is a comfort in that Colin, but while their Avatar might be the same and they will have some of the same memories they will still be different pepole, they will not be my friends or my Mentor or my siblings...if they die today I loose who they are now."
The boy said and he looked rather uneasy.

Nicole:

A firm nod to Brian, deftly pulling back her rifle's bolt to stop accidental firing and placing it nearby before striding up to the table to move it.

Nicole's plan was a simple one; grab anything large or heavy to block the doors; the door ahead taking the higher priority. Furniture, white goods - if they're not literally welded or bolted to the floor, she'll go for the cooker, fridge and freezers after the table. If the doors open in, the weight will make opening difficult. If out, they'll have to clamber through the pile. Then, the 'inner barricade', using what was left.

You, Brian, Ty and Theodora start making a inner barricade of the table and moving the heavy kitchen equipment in front of the doors, which do open inwards, the large white goods where heavy enough that they where hard to move but with help you managed to get them into position and you even have time to use some chairs and other such furniture to strengthen the inner barricade.

The large woman will do this with an agitated, though confident air; unless someone else steps up to organise things, she'll take charge - as the Chief was clearly indisposed. Naturally, while doing this she'll spy out the best position for her to go - one which covered both of the doors but offered the lowest chance of causing friendly fire.

"I can make temporary healing enchantments that can help keep our guys alive, it is my...Mentor's rote but she would want me to use it...should I start using them?"
Violet asked you.

"I have placed scrying windows outside both doors, do not worry they only allow us to look out and not anyone or anything to get in."
Francis said.
"I could tie these rotes to a bowl of water if you like so we can all see what is going on do you want me to get on that?"
The Hermetic asked.

"When we get ready should we place our healers behind the inner barricade? After all if any of us get hurt we will need them alive."
Asked a small, round woman who's name you did not know.

"I am working on some firepowere to take care of at least some of the insects, where would you want me to get ready, at the door we came in from or the other one, also I might be able to make a couple of kinetic shields to pass around but they will be quickly conjured and not very strong."
Antonio said. You where taking charge and everyone seamed to have some question for you about what they should do as the group prepeared for the fight.

When the first sounds of the insects are heard, Nicole will dump the last load of stuff, get her rifle and retreat to the barricade, gesturing to the others to follow suit. Hoping that they'd done enough.

Those who could make fire, and that included Fran with a lighter and a can of very expensive hair spray worthy of her carefully maintained corkscrew curls, stood before the barricade as the others started taking up positions behind it, Darrian and the two Verbena in the bad as they where the best healers in the group.
"Fuck normally I like bugs, I even have a pet spider but it do not sound like I will like the little assholes out there."
Theodora anounced from where she stood, her hands, including the wounded one ready in the hand gestures for Creo and Ignem.

Serge:

For a few seconds Serge pretended not to hear Dr Wang before finally conceding and saying, "Yeah your right Doc. She needs her rest. I should get to work on those tasks now."

Dr Wang gave you a sympatetic look and a warm smile.
"We are going to do everything we can for her Mr Yager."
He said softly. You see that Ange had fallen asleep, she looked so pale and her breathing was fast and shallow, but even now wounded and in a sickbed there was a dignity about her and she was still beautiful.

He still spent a good few minutes looking over his mentor's unconscious body before pulling out his phone and typing in the number to call Elizabeth, his mentor's secretary whom he had met before.

"You should probably take the call outside you do not want to disturb either of the patients, once it is done you can come back and stay as long as you like as long as you are not in the way."
Richard said as he studied the screen on the machine that kept track of Ange's heartbeat and made a few notes about it on a tablet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Tane received them and bowed You honor us too. Let us seat and discuss, and come to favourable outcomes for both. Tane said and commenced to go to the clearing pointed.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:06 pm

"You should probably take the call outside you do not want to disturb either of the patients, once it is done you can come back and stay as long as you like as long as you are not in the way."
Richard said as he studied the screen on the machine that kept track of Ange's heartbeat and made a few notes about it on a tablet.

"Right...your right." Serge said agreeing reluctantly. He did as he was told and went outside to take the call.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:27 pm

The Handler looked at Brandon for a moment then at you then she simply nodded and continued her working, her elegant, strange hands moving slowly over the table as she whispered something in Latin, then the ship short of shook, but while sweat ran down Dalisse's face she did not appear to be hurt.
"It is done."
She said to you telepatically and she glanced at Brandon again before she continued to speak in your mind.
"The Chief's apprentice would have felt nothing, there would have been no time as she was carrying a far bit of that Tass as it ignigted she would have been burned to nothing long before she would have had time to register what was happening...the trick with extending the space around the walls worked, my ship suffered no damage."
She said sadly and leaned back rather exhausted.
"Do...we tell him?"
She asked you telepatically and looked towards Brandon.
Colin frowned, 'Only that... there was an explosion in the Tass store, and that the apprentice died... So long as he does not suspect your complicity, well... and excellent work. I take it the vampire's death should mostly take care of the problem with the insects?'
He muttered softly, "That was another explosion, was it not?"

"Yeah I guess you are right about that...adrenaline what you get when a Traddie suddely crawls out from under the bed."
Brandon said wryly and he gave you a bit of a grin.
He nodded sagely, "Well, if we are the boogeyman, we might as well play the part right..."

"I do believe I just said it."
Dalisse said wryly.
"Saying it to her face though that is another matter however while the walls do have ears on this ship those ears are mine I feel safe saying it here."
The Handler continued. Brandon loked a bit unsure about that still though and he gave a bit of a nervous smile.
He nodded, "It's the same way with the Traditionalists about whom such sentiments are shared, too - make sure to avoid being in earshot."

"Yeah and there is a comfort in that Colin, but while their Avatar might be the same and they will have some of the same memories they will still be different pepole, they will not be my friends or my Mentor or my siblings...if they die today I loose who they are now."
The boy said and he looked rather uneasy.
He nodded, then hesitated briefly, "They will be different people, yes, but I have been shown past and future incarnations of people I know in this time... Some things linger, such as old aches in the hands, a marble collection, how they stand, how they hold a knife... a favourite colour... how they sing... Chances are, if you meet again, you will know them, and on some level, they will know you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Tane:

Tane received them and bowed You honor us too. Let us seat and discuss, and come to favourable outcomes for both. Tane said and commenced to go to the clearing pointed.

Dino nodded he and his companion headed for the clearing, it was a beautiful place a small stream flowed nearby filling the area with it's light, cheerful sound, some large stone and a fallen tree made for a natural place to sit. Dino indicated these with his hand.
"Please sit...would you like some tea either of you we have brought some."
He said and pointed at a picnic asket that stood nearby.
"Yeah sure thanks."
Coawa grunted and Dino went to the basket and filled tea from a thermos into a carved wooden cup and handed to the Rokea before he looked at you to see if you wanted any. The tea smelled of earthy herbs and honey.

Serge:

"Right...your right." Serge said agreeing reluctantly. He did as he was told and went outside to take the call.

After a few rings Elizabeth Simmons answered her phone and you heard her cheerful, friendly voice, the woman was educated as a doctor's secretary and she had worked with your Mentor for as long as you had known Ange, you remember that the first time you went to your new therapist's office she and offered to make you cocoa while waiting.
"Dr Boudavich's office this is her secretary speaking how may I help you?"
Elisabeth said formally.

Colin:

Colin frowned, 'Only that... there was an explosion in the Tass store, and that the apprentice died... So long as he does not suspect your complicity, well... and excellent work. I take it the vampire's death should mostly take care of the problem with the insects?'
He muttered softly, "That was another explosion, was it not?"

"Very well should I inform him or should I."
Dalisse said in your head.
"Like I said the vampire was not there so she is still very much alive, only the Chief's apprentice where in the room, and that explosion was the one in the Tass storage chamber, I prevented any damage but there was still a rumble to it."
She continued to explain.

He nodded sagely, "Well, if we are the boogeyman, we might as well play the part right..."

Brandon grinned a little at that.
"Well you do play the part well Colin though you are rather nice once I got to know you."

He nodded, "It's the same way with the Traditionalists about whom such sentiments are shared, too - make sure to avoid being in earshot."

Both of the other two mages nodded at that though Brandon still looked rather doubtful.

He nodded, then hesitated briefly, "They will be different people, yes, but I have been shown past and future incarnations of people I know in this time... Some things linger, such as old aches in the hands, a marble collection, how they stand, how they hold a knife... a favourite colour... how they sing... Chances are, if you meet again, you will know them, and on some level, they will know you..."

"I understand all that, part of them will be the same and their Avatar will remember who they where but they will still not be the same person, it will not be the same."
The young Nephandus said in a distraught tone of voice.
"And trapped here there is nothing I can do to help them and it is just so...frustrating!"
He said and turned away angrily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:33 pm

After a few rings Elizabeth Simmons answered her phone and you heard her cheerful, friendly voice, the woman was educated as a doctor's secretary and she had worked with your Mentor for as long as you had known Ange, you remember that the first time you went to your new therapist's office she and offered to make you cocoa while waiting.
"Dr Boudavich's office this is her secretary speaking how may I help you?"
Elisabeth said formally.

"Yeah...this is Serge." Serge said putting more emotion back into his voice and trying to sound cheerful.

"I'm just calling to let you know that Dr. Boudavich is...ill and won't be able to come in today. She asked me to call you and asked that you help her patients reschedule or direct them to other therapists." he said relaying what Ange had told him.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:19 pm

you quickly could feel the tiny Umbroods, feel their desire to fix and repair, their desire to perserve, and as you felt their being there, then suddenly they where around you, the little spirits immediatly started trying to fix things, a chipped plate on the counter, a chair with a crack, Nicole's ripped clothing though she would not notice the spirits where there. The young Tytalus from Westchapel that you think are named Theodora exclaimed. "They are so cute!" Clearly your fellow Hermetic where seeing spirits as she where dragging chairs over to the door you had come in by to block it. Harry jumped up on your hand and looked at you with his multi faceted eyes and he chittered happily as he begun to mend some wear on the sleeve of your hoodie while waiting to be told what to do.

He gave a nod to Theodora and then looked at the one that he called 'Harry' as it jumped up towards him. "Hello friend, thank you for your help," he said in Enochian, along with a feeling of being pleased to see them. After the various barriers were put up, he asked his pater, "Is the layer of zapping defense on the outside only or on both sides?" That way he could decide how to direct Harry and the spiderling brood so they wouldn't accidentally get zapped as well but put them to best use protecting them. He could hear the bugs now, a furious roar, like a Biblical plague of locusts but worse - the first few began to pelt against the shield like the windscreen of a car. He moved himself to a secure place but put himself in front of the healers and Violet, assuming he knew who they were. If not, he'd ask. "I can probably fit one other person inside my personal shield," he said as a backup plan. "That way one of our healers can be in the most secure place..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 pm

"Very well should I inform him or should I."
Dalisse said in your head.
"Like I said the vampire was not there so she is still very much alive, only the Chief's apprentice where in the room, and that explosion was the one in the Tass storage chamber, I prevented any damage but there was still a rumble to it."
She continued to explain.
He frowned, thinking back, 'At the very least, it was a serious resource removal..."

Brandon grinned a little at that.
"Well you do play the part well Colin though you are rather nice once I got to know you."
He smiled thinly, "I endeavour to be..."

"I understand all that, part of them will be the same and their Avatar will remember who they where but they will still not be the same person, it will not be the same."
The young Nephandus said in a distraught tone of voice.
"And trapped here there is nothing I can do to help them and it is just so...frustrating!"
He said and turned away angrily.
He nodded, "I know how you feel... Right now, there are people close to me who are injured and worried - my girlfriend was blinded yesterday, and my cabalmate's Avatar was injured a few days ago... and I am stuck here, unable to reach out and comfort them, or to go into the breach and fight myself..."

((OOC: Wait, the vampire suddenly wasn't there after all?
"I don't see her...damnation...I see the Tass storage chamber and...one of the Chief's other apprentices is in there gathering up the vis...what do I do, the vamire is there but clearly someone needs the Tass for some planned spell."
...Damn. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Serge:

"Yeah...this is Serge." Serge said putting more emotion back into his voice and trying to sound cheerful.

"Yeah hi Serge how are you doing?"
Elizabeth said in a friendly tone of voice.

"I'm just calling to let you know that Dr. Boudavich is...ill and won't be able to come in today. She asked me to call you and asked that you help her patients reschedule or direct them to other therapists." he said relaying what Ange had told him.

"Oh no that is terrible but I can make the calls and rearange with the patients...is it that flu that have been going around lately? I hear it is nasty."
Elizabeth asked.
"But I am going to have to know how long you think Dr Boudavich is going to be unavailable as that will inflience what solution I can find for her patients."
The secretary said over the phone.

Adley:

He gave a nod to Theodora and then looked at the one that he called 'Harry' as it jumped up towards him. "Hello friend, thank you for your help," he said in Enochian, along with a feeling of being pleased to see them.

Harry chittered happily as he repaired the sleeve to your hoodie quite content to have something new to perserve. The other spiderlings chittered as well as they worked, seaming quite pleased and happy.

After the various barriers were put up, he asked his pater, "Is the layer of zapping defense on the outside only or on both sides?" That way he could decide how to direct Harry and the spiderling brood so they wouldn't accidentally get zapped as well but put them to best use protecting them.

"It is only on the outside mea filius."
Jeffry replied.

He could hear the bugs now, a furious roar, like a Biblical plague of locusts but worse - the first few began to pelt against the shield like the windscreen of a car. He moved himself to a secure place but put himself in front of the healers and Violet, assuming he knew who they were. If not, he'd ask. "I can probably fit one other person inside my personal shield," he said as a backup plan. "That way one of our healers can be in the most secure place..."

You knew who both of the two Verbena was, Thorn you had met at the Umbra port when Colin rushed him to get help for his head wound from a Progenitor doctor, you knew he lived at Chantry Riveriside and Violet where Bloodraven Dawn's apprentice you had seen them both visit Amadeus and Beatrice several times.
"Then please protect Violet Mr Roth Hicks, she is skilled enough a healer to help others and she is just a teenager."
Thorn said but Violet shook her head.
"You should protect Thorn Sir he is an Adept, if anyone get harmed he stand a far better chance to be able to heal them than me, it makes tactical sense."
Thorn shook his head.
"A pox on tactical sense Violet is just a kid, she should be protected!"

Colin:

He frowned, thinking back, 'At the very least, it was a serious resource removal..."

"Yes that it is, that is the Labyrinth's entire storage of Tass leaving only personal stockpiles and the Nodes."
Dalisse said telepatically.
"Should I tell Brandon about his sister's death then?"

He smiled thinly, "I endeavour to be..."

Brandon gave you a small smile at that.

He nodded, "I know how you feel... Right now, there are people close to me who are injured and worried - my girlfriend was blinded yesterday, and my cabalmate's Avatar was injured a few days ago... and I am stuck here, unable to reach out and comfort them, or to go into the breach and fight myself..."

"Yeah it really suck...it makes me want to hit something!"
Brandon grumbeled.
"Your Cabalmate's Avatar was injured? That is horrible and your girlfriend is that the one that will become an Oracle?"
The young Nephandus asked and raised an eyebrow.

(OOC: Sorry about that, there was a not there that ended up missing, perhaps I was scatterbrained at that moment or I was rushing to get a post out before I had to go and do something, sorry. The post was meant to say: "I don't see her...damnation...I see the Tass storage chamber and...one of the Chief's other apprentices is in there gathering up the vis...what do I do, the vamire is not there but clearly someone needs the Tass for some planned spell." )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 pm

Anja's Post:

On getting these questions, Nicole got a little flustered at first; she didn't really know what the others were capable of, 'mystic stuff' left her confused at the best of times and thinking about it usually ended up producing a migraine. And she wasn't really sure of what "scrying" actually was. After massaging her forehead for a second, she simply went with her gut - to focus on the things she did understand.

First, the insects. They needed to be kept away from them as long as possible. Couldn't slice, kick or shoot them. Which leaves fire.

Then, the materialising Cryptid. That was an issue. Physical attacks normally ineffective. Killing the "handler" seemed to work, but they're unlikely to be wearing a handy name-tag.

More Fallen. That one was rather easy. Once they'd punched through their shields, that is. So more "straightforward" than easy.

Lastly, at least one vampire- correction that they know of. Fire, again useful. But at very least they can have kneecaps blown off or head stamped on.

'Anyone who can throw fire or similar, go for only the insects or the Crypt- spirit. Try to concentrate attacks on the same target.' Nicole said, pulling together a plan - of sorts. 'Folk packing guns; our job is to go after physical targets. Healers and other squishy people - at the back of the barricade.'

'Yes. But not if you've got any tricks to use on spirits and it's an either/or situation.' she said to Violet.

'Yes. Unless doing it stops you from say doing fireballs or something.' she said to the unamed Hermetic.

'Goal is - keep the bugs away from us so shields are not needed.' she said to Antonio. Then her brow furrowed, as though something was demanding attention. 'Shit! Is there any vents in this room? Last fucking thing we need is for the bugs to go around the rear...' starting to look around quickly for any.

Anja's Post:

She'll urge the Chief and Adley to join them by the barricade; at least one would be able to do a fireball and would be better-placed to support each other. And avoid any friendly fire incidents.

'I refuse to be killed by something that fucking small.' Nicole quipped after Theodora's comment, privately wondering whether this was the part where they learn they're the size of lawn chairs... wait, that would be good. She could shoot them then...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:15 pm

"Yeah hi Serge how are you doing?"

"Oh it's going fine. Just sitting around doing nothing." Serge said in an equally cheery voice despite the circumstances.

"Oh no that is terrible but I can make the calls and rearange with the patients...is it that flu that have been going around lately? I hear it is nasty."
Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah it's the flu. She got hit bad." Serge said without skipping a beat. He had grown quite accustomed to 'stretching' the truth over the years.

"But I am going to have to know how long you think Dr Boudavich is going to be unavailable as that will inflience what solution I can find for her patients."
The secretary said over the phone.

"Oh...I see." Serge said in a worried tone. "I'll ask the Doctor and let you know what he says."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:27 pm

"Yes that it is, that is the Labyrinth's entire storage of Tass leaving only personal stockpiles and the Nodes."
Dalisse said telepatically.
"Should I tell Brandon about his sister's death then?"
Colin nodded, 'No reason not to... He should know, and you would know about it immediately even if you were not... involved in her demise. Better, I think, to let him start the grief process sooner, instead of letting him stay worried all day...'

"Yeah it really suck...it makes me want to hit something!"
Brandon grumbeled.
"Your Cabalmate's Avatar was injured? That is horrible and your girlfriend is that the one that will become an Oracle?"
The young Nephandus asked and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "And I think both Lady Dalisse and I would prefer if you could channel your frustration into something more constructive... And yes on both accounts... There are other badly hurt people at home, too, and there's nothing I can do for them from here, either..."

((OOC: Well, worse things happen at sea, you know. At the very least, we got rid of the Tass store. And I can just picture the surprised last expression on Brandon's sister's face, just when things went kaboom... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:07 am

Tane nodded and thanked the attention, but remained just waiting to see what the wolf people wanted.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:48 am

"It is only on the outside mea filius." Jeffry replied.

"Good," he said. He looked to Harry and said in Enochian, [i]"We need to keep the attacker bugs out of the shield where we are because those bad bugs are going to try to destroy us, can you help protect us? Can you keep the shield up from the inside, fix breaches so they don't get in to attack us? Be careful and do not touch the outside of the large shield, for it will harm you..." he warned. As he spoke, he tried to give simpler feelings and envisioning references for the swarm so they would not be confused for his intent. If the outside shield went down, then they would have to regroup along their inner perimeter, hopefully personal shields would hold off any stragglers long enough...the spiderlings would then have to be pulled in as well...layering it would help.

"Then please protect Violet Mr Roth Hicks, she is skilled enough a healer to help others and she is just a teenager." Thorn said but Violet shook her head. "You should protect Thorn Sir he is an Adept, if anyone get harmed he stand a far better chance to be able to heal them than me, it makes tactical sense."Thorn shook his head. "A pox on tactical sense Violet is just a kid, she should be protected!"
She'll urge the Chief and Adley to join them by the barricade...

"Another Hermetic and I can work together to put up another shield or if someone else got one up, they can step into that one," he suggested, looking around at who might be available to help with that or who already had a personal shield so that Thorn or Violet could double-up. Seeing Nicole wave them over he nodded and directed the others there also, so they could make their stand. "In the meantime, unprotected people stand behind those with shields. Someone get in my shield, now." Tactically, they needed someone who could heal any potential poisonings or other problems. Yet Violet was a teenager and her mentor had just died (right in front of his eyes). Not a good choice to make. If he had to choose, he would since arguing was wasting time, and then work on protecting the other person if need be.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 am

Adley and Nicole:

"Good," he said. He looked to Harry and said in Enochian, [i]"We need to keep the attacker bugs out of the shield where we are because those bad bugs are going to try to destroy us, can you help protect us? Can you keep the shield up from the inside, fix breaches so they don't get in to attack us? Be careful and do not touch the outside of the large shield, for it will harm you..." he warned. As he spoke, he tried to give simpler feelings and envisioning references for the swarm so they would not be confused for his intent. If the outside shield went down, then they would have to regroup along their inner perimeter, hopefully personal shields would hold off any stragglers long enough...the spiderlings would then have to be pulled in as well...layering it would help.

Harry stomped a bit with his tiny feet and looked up at you with his multi faceted eyes, then suddenly the spiderlings left whatever they where doing and abandoned ripped clothing, pots, pans and the furniture and all of them started crawling on the inner shield, perserving and strengthening it.

"Another Hermetic and I can work together to put up another shield or if someone else got one up, they can step into that one," he suggested, looking around at who might be available to help with that or who already had a personal shield so that Thorn or Violet could double-up.

Antonio had a personal shield, so did Theodora, Francis Better and a few others that Antonio had shared a shield with by giving them pages from his notebook.
"I can work with you Mr Roth Hicks and Francis are of your House if I am not mistaken that you are of House Flambeau, the three of us might be able to cook something up."
Theodora said.
"Here...keep this on your person."
Antonio said as he handed another of his quickly scribbeled up shields to Thorn then he looked at you.
"If you protect the apprentice then Sodalis?"
The Scribe suggjested.

Seeing Nicole wave them over he nodded and directed the others there also, so they could make their stand. "In the meantime, unprotected people stand behind those with shields. Someone get in my shield, now." Tactically, they needed someone who could heal any potential poisonings or other problems. Yet Violet was a teenager and her mentor had just died (right in front of his eyes). Not a good choice to make. If he had to choose, he would since arguing was wasting time, and then work on protecting the other person if need be.

You and Nicole managed to herd the other mages in behind the barricade. Violet stepped in behind you to be protected by your kinetic shield. By now the popping sound of the insects on the outer shield where getting louder, it sounded like rain on a trailer roof and several of the gathered mages looked at one another rather nervously.

'Anyone who can throw fire or similar, go for only the insects or the Crypt- spirit. Try to concentrate attacks on the same target.' Nicole said, pulling together a plan - of sorts. 'Folk packing guns; our job is to go after physical targets. Healers and other squishy people - at the back of the barricade.'

This order resulted in quite a bit of activity as the healers pulled to the back, a row of those who could create fire formed in front and then there where a middle section behind the barricade that where armed with firearms.

Francis suddely cried out in suprise as a bottle materialized on top of the kitchen sink, some sort of gas leaking out of it but the young Hermetic Adept managed to react quickly and he yelled something in Latin and did two rather quick and sloppy hand gestures and the bottle vanished again.
"I have no idea what that was but it probably would not be good for us."
He said and Jeffry frowned.
"It seams we need some wards...I will see what I can do if the rest of you work on our physical protections."
The old Flameau said.
"And Mr Better where did you send that bottle?"
Francis shrugged.
"Ehm right down the corridor Master Morgan."
Jeffry nodded at that.
"That will do Sodalis that will do."

'Yes. But not if you've got any tricks to use on spirits and it's an either/or situation.' she said to Violet.

"Not really Ma'am all I can do is see spirits, I am an Apprentice of that Sphere."
Violet said and shook her head.

'Yes. Unless doing it stops you from say doing fireballs or something.' she said to the unamed Hermetic.

"No...I should be able to do both fireballs are my speciality."
Francis said and grinned.

'Goal is - keep the bugs away from us so shields are not needed.' she said to Antonio. Then her brow furrowed, as though something was demanding attention. 'Shit! Is there any vents in this room? Last fucking thing we need is for the bugs to go around the rear...' starting to look around quickly for any.

"I will just distribute the shields I have already prepared then Miss Bouchard."
Antonio said and nodded then he looked around and nodded and pointed.
"One vent over where the oven was located and another over there by the fridge."

She'll urge the Chief and Adley to join them by the barricade; at least one would be able to do a fireball and would be better-placed to support each other. And avoid any friendly fire incidents.

Jeffry gave you a bit of a look as you urged him over to the barricade he did not appriciate being urged anywhere but as the plan was sound enough he said nothing but got into position.

'I refuse to be killed by something that fucking small.' Nicole quipped after Theodora's comment, privately wondering whether this was the part where they learn they're the size of lawn chairs... wait, that would be good. She could shoot them then...

"Well if movie logic holds true...ehm sorry I did not catch your name...then either you or me are going to die first."
The pink punker hair Hermetic commented wryly.
"But let us try to stay alive shall we."
She said and then there was a sound of chanting from outside of the room, it was a horrible sound, a dreadul sound that should not be as the Nephandi chanted in their own language.
"That noise is an abomination!"
Antonio declared in great dismay.
"I am more concerned as to the reason they are chanting I guess they are not conjuring us up cookies and puppies Adeptud Riez."
Theodora said and frowned.

Colin:

Colin nodded, 'No reason not to... He should know, and you would know about it immediately even if you were not... involved in her demise. Better, I think, to let him start the grief process sooner, instead of letting him stay worried all day...'

Dalisse nodded at that and turned to Brandon with a sad look on her face.
"Brandon I have bad news...that tremor just now was the Tass storage chamber expoding, I noticed something happening and managed to stop the explosion from damaging the ship but I could not save...child your sister where in the room, she was killed instantly, I am so sorry."
The Handler said and Brandon's eyes went huge.
"No...I please it can't be true..."
He said looking shocked.
"I am sorry Brandon...I am so sorry.."
Dalisse said and tears welled up in Brandon's eyes and he yelled.
"I hate this I hate this fucking war and the Traditions and all of it I hate it!"
Then he turned his back to you and Dalisse, curled up and started weeping.
"It is not fair I do not want my sister to be dead...fuck!"
Dalisse looked at you she looked very sad and guilty and tears rolled up in her eyes as well, green tinted tears that rolled down her cheeks.

He nodded, "And I think both Lady Dalisse and I would prefer if you could channel your frustration into something more constructive... And yes on both accounts... There are other badly hurt people at home, too, and there's nothing I can do for them from here, either..."

"I know...but I...it all sucks and with my sister...and...fuck it all!"
Brandon exclaimed.
"Fuck it all!"
Then he looked at you.
"Do you think your loved ones will be ok?"
He asked.

Serge:

"Oh it's going fine. Just sitting around doing nothing." Serge said in an equally cheery voice despite the circumstances.

"That is good to know, please drop by sometime and say hello."

"Yeah it's the flu. She got hit bad." Serge said without skipping a beat. He had grown quite accustomed to 'stretching' the truth over the years.

"Yeah it is really bad this year so I hear, my sister got it not long ago and she was out for two weeks streight...I do think I might get the flu shot early this year to try to avoid getting it to, I hate being sick. Please tell the Doctor to get well soon for me."
The secretary said sounding knowing and nervous about this flu outbreak.

"Oh...I see." Serge said in a worried tone. "I'll ask the Doctor and let you know what he says."

"Very well if you do so then Serge and call me back then I will sort things out."
The woman said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:24 am

Tane:

The werewolf woman handed you another handmade, carved wooden cup full of sweet smelling natural tea before she filled cups for herself and Dino as well and sat down. Dino sipped his tea and begun.
"My Pack have notice that there are several Rokea in the ocean right outside the harbor, this is unusual and we are getting rather curious as to what they are doing there, this is not our territory so you are not required to tell us but we would like to know what is going on, especially since we have smelled allot of Wyrm activity lately and our leaders are getting nervous."
The Garou said as he regarded you and Coawa.
"Are the Rokea here because of that Wyrm corruption we are sensing?"

(OOC: I might be a little slow today a friend have asked me to make a woven glass bead heart as a charm for his recently deseased animal friend's coffin and I have to get it done and I have no idea how to weave a heart so it might take a bit of time sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:43 am

Dalisse nodded at that and turned to Brandon with a sad look on her face.
"Brandon I have bad news...that tremor just now was the Tass storage chamber expoding, I noticed something happening and managed to stop the explosion from damaging the ship but I could not save...child your sister where in the room, she was killed instantly, I am so sorry."
The Handler said and Brandon's eyes went huge.
"No...I please it can't be true..."
He said looking shocked.
"I am sorry Brandon...I am so sorry.."
Dalisse said and tears welled up in Brandon's eyes and he yelled.
"I hate this I hate this fucking war and the Traditions and all of it I hate it!"
Then he turned his back to you and Dalisse, curled up and started weeping.
"It is not fair I do not want my sister to be dead...fuck!"
Dalisse looked at you she looked very sad and guilty and tears rolled up in her eyes as well, green tinted tears that rolled down her cheeks.
Colin laid a hand on Brandon's shoulder, gently, "My condolences, Brandon... You're right, the war is a shitty thing..."
He glanced up at Dalisse, a measure of regret in his eyes, "It makes us do horrible things, and it takes away the best of us... the best parts of us. At the end of the day, they'll say one side won, and hardly anyone will speak of what was lost. For either side..."

"I know...but I...it all sucks and with my sister...and...fuck it all!"
Brandon exclaimed.
"Fuck it all!"
Then he looked at you.
"Do you think your loved ones will be ok?"
He asked.
He frowned, "I have to believe that. If I didn't believe that, I would go insane, I'm afraid. It might take time and lots of work, but I have to believe a positive outcome will be the eventual result of all our pains and labours..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Colin laid a hand on Brandon's shoulder, gently, "My condolences, Brandon... You're right, the war is a shitty thing..."
He glanced up at Dalisse, a measure of regret in his eyes, "It makes us do horrible things, and it takes away the best of us... the best parts of us. At the end of the day, they'll say one side won, and hardly anyone will speak of what was lost. For either side..."

Brandon sobbed and he looked towards the the bookshelves pain in his eyes.
"Why can we not just all practice magick and live our lives I want to walk a path towards Decencion...you do not why can we not just walk towards our own enlightenment and not try to kill one another."
He sobbed then he sigh and glanced at Dalisse.
"And I know you did it, I am not stupid there where clearly allot of communication going on back and forth and then one of the most strategic areas of the Labyrinth blows up but the walls of the room are protected."
The boy said and he frowned deeply and Dalisse looked a bit nervous.
"Ah do not worry I...do not hold it against you, Lady Larson are holding you and the ship captive you do what you have to with this one chance you have to get away...I understand I just wish all of this bullshit where not neccesary it all sucks!"
Brandon said and he started crying again.

He frowned, "I have to believe that. If I didn't believe that, I would go insane, I'm afraid. It might take time and lots of work, but I have to believe a positive outcome will be the eventual result of all our pains and labours..."

"Yeah I guess but my sister will still be dead and I will probably loose others as well."
Brandon said and frowned.
"I do not even have a proper name to remember her by she only went by the bullshit Dragon's Tounge name that I really do not want to use for her...I never know what she was named before...here her name translates into She Who Shows Rats Up Her Enemies Noses And Drag Them Back Out Though Their Nostrils...I do not want to call her that...not now that she is...dead."
Brandon said and looked down.
"Perhaps if I where more used to our language it would feel more natural but I have only been speaking it for a few months..."
He said and shook his head.
"Sorry...such a silly thing to think about at a time like this."
He muttered and he looked down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:36 pm

"Yeah it is really bad this year so I hear, my sister got it not long ago and she was out for two weeks streight...I do think I might get the flu shot early this year to try to avoid getting it to, I hate being sick. Please tell the Doctor to get well soon for me."
The secretary said sounding knowing and nervous about this flu outbreak.

"Sure thing. I'll let her know." Serge replied.

"Very well if you do so then Serge and call me back then I will sort things out."
The woman said.

"Of course." Serge said simply before hanging up the phone. He knew that the doctor's were likely busy with examining the patients and he didn't want to ask them questions while they were working.

He decided to continue his tasks as he began to dial in and call the number of his Mentor's mentor.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Brandon sobbed and he looked towards the the bookshelves pain in his eyes.
"Why can we not just all practice magick and live our lives I want to walk a path towards Decencion...you do not why can we not just walk towards our own enlightenment and not try to kill one another."
He sobbed then he sigh and glanced at Dalisse.
"And I know you did it, I am not stupid there where clearly allot of communication going on back and forth and then one of the most strategic areas of the Labyrinth blows up but the walls of the room are protected."
The boy said and he frowned deeply and Dalisse looked a bit nervous.
"Ah do not worry I...do not hold it against you, Lady Larson are holding you and the ship captive you do what you have to with this one chance you have to get away...I understand I just wish all of this bullshit where not neccesary it all sucks!"
Brandon said and he started crying again.
Colin nodded slowly and gave Brandon's shoulder another light squeeze, "You're sharp - I gathered you'd work it out soon enough... and for what it's worth, I am sorry. The only consolation I can offer is that it was quick, and that it ensures she won't be captured... we'd hoped to get the swarming vampiress in there, but she was not hiding among the Tass at this time..."
He sighed, "If it were up to me, I'd leave the Fallen be as a matter of principle, only moving in to stop those like Larson, who seek to thrown the proverbial baby out with the equally proverbial bathwater. Seeking for oneself to unmake one's existence - I'm given to understand that's very close to Buddhist ideals, not necessarily an evil in and of itself, and for what it's worth, I wish you luck on such a personal journey."

"Yeah I guess but my sister will still be dead and I will probably loose others as well."
Brandon said and frowned.
"I do not even have a proper name to remember her by she only went by the bullshit Dragon's Tounge name that I really do not want to use for her...I never know what she was named before...here her name translates into She Who Shows Rats Up Her Enemies Noses And Drag Them Back Out Though Their Nostrils...I do not want to call her that...not now that she is...dead."
Brandon said and looked down.
"Perhaps if I where more used to our language it would feel more natural but I have only been speaking it for a few months..."
He said and shook his head.
"Sorry...such a silly thing to think about at a time like this."
He muttered and he looked down.
He shook his head, "Not silly at all... and names in Dragon's Tongue sound rather... lowbrow when translated. It's quite reasonable to want to know her former name instead..."
He glanced up at Dalisse, "I don't suppose you would have any way of knowing that?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Anja's Post:

'Anyone able to block 'em up in less than thirty seconds?' Nicole will wonder aloud. Not important, but if it could be sorted, one less thing to worry about. If she's got time and nobody can think of anything better, she'll quickly block them up by duct taping them up.

Anja's Post:

Nicole didn't care on the Chief's personal opinion on being urged; if she was going to die, it wasn't going to be down to being all polite and not ruffling anyone's ego. That and he'd been busy - what did he want, them to stand around waiting for him?

Anja's Post:

'And with me dressed as a cop.' she replied, giving a sigh. 'Could be worse, least not starkers. Name's Nicole.'

Anja's Post:

'Shame... could do with a puppy right now.' Nicole quipped, readying her rifle. 'What's the mirror-water showing?' mainly wanting to know whether they were going to be hit from both doors at the same time - after all, she could do fuck all regarding the insects...

[No worries]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Nicole and Adley:

'Anyone able to block 'em up in less than thirty seconds?' Nicole will wonder aloud. Not important, but if it could be sorted, one less thing to worry about. If she's got time and nobody can think of anything better, she'll quickly block them up by duct taping them up.

"I could harden air around the wents, try to make it so we get air in but not bugs but that would be two workings so it would not be thirthy seconds but give me a couple of minutes and I could do it."
Theodora said.

'And with me dressed as a cop.' she replied, giving a sigh. 'Could be worse, least not starkers. Name's Nicole.'

"I am Theodora, I would do the whole formal introduction but yeah not the time."
The Hermetic said and grinned.
"What do you say if we survive this I buy you a beer and we can celebrate beating the horror movie tropes."
She asked.

'Shame... could do with a puppy right now.' Nicole quipped, readying her rifle. 'What's the mirror-water showing?' mainly wanting to know whether they were going to be hit from both doors at the same time - after all, she could do fuck all regarding the insects...

"Well there is always Mundi."
Theodora mutttered and pointed at Darrian's black dog.
"It look like five Nephandi chanting right outside the door we came in from, and a swarm of some really ugly bugs and one really, really messed up pregnant women outside the other."
Francis said as he peered into the plastic salad bowl he had filled with water and that he used to keep track of his scrying spells.
"So they are coming at us from both sides."

Colin:

Colin nodded slowly and gave Brandon's shoulder another light squeeze, "You're sharp - I gathered you'd work it out soon enough... and for what it's worth, I am sorry. The only consolation I can offer is that it was quick, and that it ensures she won't be captured... we'd hoped to get the swarming vampiress in there, but she was not hiding among the Tass at this time..."

"Are you sure my sister did not suffer?"
Brandon said and Dalisse nodded.
"It was very quick there where no time for pain."
She assured the boy and he looked down.
"I understand, I hate it but I understand."
He muttered.
"Gorgo would not send her swarm of again not after Lady Larson killed her entire swarm a while back to punish her for...well I do not know for what actually, she is much more protective of her swarm now that it have respawned."
Brandon said then he got an anoyed look on his grief struck face.
"And shit that I should not have said either...damn...well I guess it is not much you can do about it."

He sighed, "If it were up to me, I'd leave the Fallen be as a matter of principle, only moving in to stop those like Larson, who seek to thrown the proverbial baby out with the equally proverbial bathwater. Seeking for oneself to unmake one's existence - I'm given to understand that's very close to Buddhist ideals, not necessarily an evil in and of itself, and for what it's worth, I wish you luck on such a personal journey."

"Thank you..."
Brandon muttered.
"Well wishes aside this war is never goinøg to end is it we are always going to kill one another?"
He said bitterly and wiped tears from his face.

He shook his head, "Not silly at all... and names in Dragon's Tongue sound rather... lowbrow when translated. It's quite reasonable to want to know her former name instead..."
He glanced up at Dalisse, "I don't suppose you would have any way of knowing that?"

"Her name was Vera Tally she was a young apprnetice of a mage of House Tytalus when she was lured over to the Nephandi and the Chief took her under her wing as her apprentice."
Dalisse said and Brandon nodded sadly.
"Vera...that...fit her better."
He whispered.
"Thank you."

Serge:

"Sure thing. I'll let her know." Serge replied.

"Thanks dear."
Elizabeth said.
"And you make sure you stay healthy as well."

"Of course." Serge said simply before hanging up the phone. He knew that the doctor's were likely busy with examining the patients and he didn't want to ask them questions while they were working.

"Ok take care."
Elizabeth said before you hung up on the call.

He decided to continue his tasks as he began to dial in and call the number of his Mentor's mentor.

You did not know allot about Ange\s Mentor only that she was old and powerful and she herself was the student of the Cult's Prima Marianna of Balador and that her name was Besanti Babu. When you called the voice of an older woman replied in Hindi which you did not know but you got that she said hello, the voice was confident and stern.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next