Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 17 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:05 am

"The doll would then be in the living room somewhere Cousin."
Rosa asked hen she asked Liv.
"Is the doll placed with any of the potted plants?"
Jane translated and the question was answered with a no.

"Well just to be sure. Is the doll in the living room?" Serge asked as he began to search the room thoroughly.

There where no doll in the cealing only white paint and a slight crack because the building was old. Jane translated and Liv shook her head.
"Non est."

"Just making sure." Serge squinting his eyes as if he didn't believe what his eyes were telling him. He eventually gave up and started looking around the living room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 17 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:17 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

(I roll 6 to soak, So there's no need to worry)

Tane threw the table over the fallen men Who probably would have a tough time getting up with it over them, and headed with an awful battlecry towards the two standing threats, jumping over them to stab and slash them Hopefully before they could open fire

Soak: 3 10 6 9 3 7

Attack after tossing the table, done at -1
6 4 3 10 8 8

Damage
Str+3= 7a
5 4 8 6 1 7 7

Additional if applicable
4 5 9
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:08 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven Rosa's apartment at 14 in the afternoon.)

"Well just to be sure. Is the doll in the living room?" Serge asked as he began to search the room thoroughly.

Jane translated for you and Liv nodded.
"Yes."
She said in her shaky English and nodded.

"Just making sure." Serge squinting his eyes as if he didn't believe what his eyes were telling him. He eventually gave up and started looking around the living room.

Liv just smiled. You looked around the living room, the only place you had not looked now was a stack of magazines under the living room table and in Rosa's violin case.

Your sword protected you well, the bullets still hurt as they peppered your skin, but most of them only left a bruise before they fell to the ground harmlessly, two of them went through your skin though, in your upper arm and your tigh, and those hurt. The Nephandi looked rather frustrated that you did not go down from their firepower.

Frustration turned to alarm when you flipped the table over on the fallen men and jumped on it to attack the two standing med with your sword, you hit one of them in the side and thore of a good chunk of flesh, the other one looked on in horror then he backed away terrified at what he had seen. The wounded man though squezed of another round at you he was badly wounded but would go down fighting.

(OOC: You get two levels of lethal damage. Yu have to either continue the attack or dodge the wounded man's bullets though, and that will be at plus one diff since he is so close to you. If you do not dodge you need to soak 3 lethal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am

[France, December 19th]
That seamed to cheer Anna up a bit but she still looked dismayed.
"That...is not so bad I guess."
She said and looked down, five years was an eternity to a twelve year old.
Colin smiled warmly, "Don't worry too much, sweetie - I'm fairly sure the lower end of that range is more likely, if an extension of restraint proves necessary."

Drake nodded darkly at that.
"I noticed that...there was not allot of damage, with a chest that small it would be easy to shatter it completely, well for an adult as well..."
He said then he sigh.
"You did your best to ease her suffering and I thank you for that Mr Wainwright it have made her recovery easier."
He nodded, "I'd already seen a... few placements; I knew where to aim to avoid the ribs as far as possible. Hum, I suppose slipping a thin piece of wood into a bullet hole would have worked, but that would have caused additional trauma, I expect..."

"I know you could...hold me down and force me to just about anything Mentor, but I also know you take my wishes into consideration and you have never forced any medical treatment on me so far, even when the doctors have recomended it. I wanted you to know that if the...situation arise that I...that it...become...neccesary that I want to live and that you should not feel bad for...it even if I freak out, and are scared or...something like that."
She sigh and looked away nervously.
"I do not really like thinking about it Mentor."
He nodded, "Me neither, sweetie."

"I survived I am here. What happened was that I started bleeding inside of me, from the wound. Master Arden got the blood out using magick but I had lost quite a bit. I heard you and Mr Horton talking outside the room I was in, he said I needed blood, that my heart was working to hard when there was to little of it, I do not know why a heart would work harder if there is to little blood but apperantly it did."
At this point Drake looked like he wanted to explain bt he kept quiet and let the young mage continue her stoy.
"Dr Horton said I have a rare blood type but they had a match at the Chantry, that Master Arden could do the transfusion using magick but that could be dangerous and my system might not be to happy to accept magickal healing at that point so he recomended using the...regular method. You said you would talk to me about it and came in and you saw I was scared because of what I had heard. You told me what Mr Horton had said and that it would be safer to use...a needle, then you said the needle they would use where inside a sock and only the sock would remain in me after a little while. I did not want to do it and did not believe that only that sock would remain, you said it was similar to the tubing I had been given to play with, then you asked if Mr Horton could show me on you how it would be done, but then I got really scared for I like seeing others stuck by needles even less than being the one stuck myself, you said you where storry that you should have guessed that I would react like that to offering to show me, and then you told Dr Horton I would get to scared and that Master Arden should do it, and they brought in her and some person I do not know and the Master held my hand and hers and I felt strange and then we went to Steelhaven."
Anna explained a bit uneasy about the medical situation she had at Morningstar.
He frowned, "Bugger, a torn stitch or something... Hm, I'll keep that in mind. And the reason why the heart works harder with little blood is much like how it is harder to breathe when there is little air left in a room, or how your stomach hurts if it's been too long since you ate - there's just not enough to work with."

"True...but since I have set my husband on fire during a Quiet once...it might be even worse in this case."
Kristina said wryly.
"Yes he...got a bit crispy, but hey you know what they say about Ventrue they are durable bastards."
Drake commented and joked and Kristina gave him a stern look.
He arched an eyebrow at Drake and casually scratched at his facial scars, "I suppose that's hardly a unique trait, Ventrue or not..."

"No that was pretty bad...I still have nightmares but it is better now, and what that strange man did was worse than what you did Mr Wainwright."
Alexandra said softly but she shivered at the memory.
He nodded, "At least I got you home safely, and that's the really important thing, right?"

Drake gave a warm smile.
"Ah my childe will love that, she is quite fond of drawing pictures, though the ones of a city with two suns in the sky do puzzle me but Kristina assure me it is a real place."
He said and smiled wryly.
"Sounds most unplesant but in either regards thank you for thinking of Alexandra, I am sure she will be very happy."
He nodded, then pondered, "Hum, Horizon is a real place - a different plane of existence. I'm actually not certain whether you would find it unpleasant, though, even if the population of Magi might take exception to you. The suns are artificial, so it's possible the vampiric allergy to sunlight could not apply there..."

[Labyrinth, Now]
"It is acceptable I expected there to be some damage to the ship during this fight."
Dalisse said and winced.
"That I do not know, no one have been in the Prelatus' lab but that do not mean he could not have given some of the gas to someone before the fight started.
He nodded, "That does not make it more comfortable... and that's a relief, I suppose. Let us just hope Jace had not passed out too much of the stuff."

The Handler thanked you as you sat her down on the couch, then she gave you a sad look.
"For the vampire child...you do not need to restrain her in such a horrible way you can bring her here to my chamber to wait until the fighting is done."
She said then she sigh.
"A pencil will not do in either case it will just break apart if you try to get it through human skin, sinew and muscelature, I have a pair of ebony chopsticks, over there in the kitchen area."
She said and pointed.
"That might work as eboy is a hardwood but even so it will not work as a weapon, only if it is accuratly placed and the victim cooperate and stay still for it will that do the job."
She warned.
He smiled sadly, "Alas, I will have to restrain her in that manner to get her out of here safely; my Security Chief will not permit otherwise... but yes, I can bring her here in the meantime. Ebony chopsticks... Yes, one of those should do just fine, with a little bit of luck for placement and material support..."
He sighed and headed for the door, "Right, I'll go retrieve the poor girl, then - see you in a few."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 am

[Colin] (Mansion near Paris 19 of Decenmber.)

Colin smiled warmly, "Don't worry too much, sweetie - I'm fairly sure the lower end of that range is more likely, if an extension of restraint proves necessary."

Kristina smiled slightly and looked at Anna.
"I would assume the same as your Mentor Anna, I am not a Enforcer but my Mentor is so I know a bit, likely during your trial if all go well the sentence will be an Branding to be performed when and if you are healthy enough and for you to wear that collar for the rest of your life, and your life and magick will be up to your Mentor and he will be responsible for you, I can not promise this outcome but that is the likely result, and I suspect your Mentor would treat you as other students are treated unless you show you can not be trusted, and I doubt you will do that."
She said and Anna cheered up a little.
"Really ma'am, you think so?"
Kristina nodded.
"I would putmoney on it kid."

He nodded, "I'd already seen a... few placements; I knew where to aim to avoid the ribs as far as possible. Hum, I suppose slipping a thin piece of wood into a bullet hole would have worked, but that would have caused additional trauma, I expect..."

"A bullet would do allot of damage unless it was a very small one, a knife would be better to create a entrance to slip a as thin as possible piece of wood through than a bullet, the sound of the shot and being thrown back would scare my childe, and she do not yet have control of the gifts of our bloodline, she can be sound sensitive."
Drake said and frowned. Anna glanced at you.
"What did you do to this girl Mentor, it sounds like she was really hurt?"

He nodded, "Me neither, sweetie."

Anna nodded darkly at that.

He frowned, "Bugger, a torn stitch or something... Hm, I'll keep that in mind. And the reason why the heart works harder with little blood is much like how it is harder to breathe when there is little air left in a room, or how your stomach hurts if it's been too long since you ate - there's just not enough to work with."

"I do not know what happened Mentor, I was making necklaces with the strange plastic tube I was given and some glass beads that one of the mages at Morningstar got me, you know the necklace I have who is all clear it looks really science fiction I love it, anyway I started feeling really weak so I told the girl watching me...I am sorry but I do not remember her name, Lady Arden's youngest apprentice, anyway she examined me then ran out screaming for her Mentor and I sort of blacked out, when I came to Lady Arden was there and said I had bled but she had gotten the blood that where in my guts out. I still felt really weak. Mr Horton was there as well and he was about to call you but then he heard you in the hallway and went out to talk with you. It did not hurt or anything I just felt weak."
The young mage explained.
"I guess that makes sense about the heart working harder if it is to little blood then, I guess that is bad when I have a weak heart."

He arched an eyebrow at Drake and casually scratched at his facial scars, "I suppose that's hardly a unique trait, Ventrue or not..."

"Well let us just say that the Ventrue value a few things, ability to lead, buessiness sense, and the ability to survive, where you not what you are I suspect one of John William's Clansmate might have had a desire to have a bit of a talk with you about future prospects."
Drake said and grinned.

He nodded, "At least I got you home safely, and that's the really important thing, right?"

"I am not angry Mr Wainwright I know you had to do it and I am glad to be home, even if it was hard for you to talk me into cooperating and I made such a fuss. I am sorry I was scared Sir."
Alexandra said and looked down.
"Very, very scared...but I am okey now..."

He nodded, then pondered, "Hum, Horizon is a real place - a different plane of existence. I'm actually not certain whether you would find it unpleasant, though, even if the population of Magi might take exception to you. The suns are artificial, so it's possible the vampiric allergy to sunlight could not apply there..."

Drake looked at Kristina who shrugged.
"I don't know however the curse that animate your corpse relate to this sun my friend, so it is likely Horizon's suns will not kill you, they might hurt you like a tanning bed would but not more than that."
The Verbena said and Drake shook his head and grinned.
"Well life do get more complicated when mages are around, no offense meant off course."

(Labyrinth Now.)

He nodded, "That does not make it more comfortable... and that's a relief, I suppose. Let us just hope Jace had not passed out too much of the stuff."

"Comfortable no and my ship is scared and his fear affects me, but if this lead to our freedom then it is worth it."
Dalisse said weakly.
"Yes let us hope so...but I have a bad feeling, the Prelatus have never been sloppy he always have a back up plan."

He smiled sadly, "Alas, I will have to restrain her in that manner to get her out of here safely; my Security Chief will not permit otherwise... but yes, I can bring her here in the meantime.

"I understand. Well at least bring her here first so she do not have to suffer longer than absolutely neccesary."
The Handler said and sigh.

Ebony chopsticks... Yes, one of those should do just fine, with a little bit of luck for placement and material support..."
He sighed and headed for the door, "Right, I'll go retrieve the poor girl, then - see you in a few."

"I will get the chopstick ready then and keep it out of sight until needed, but remember with something this thin you will have to get her to cooperate and stay still, it will not work as a weapon."
Dalisse said softly.
"Very well be careful and follow the open doors, the route should be away from the fighting for now...you should hurry then."
She said and slowly stood wincing.
"The ship will lead your way."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:21 pm

[France, December 19th]
Kristina smiled slightly and looked at Anna.
"I would assume the same as your Mentor Anna, I am not a Enforcer but my Mentor is so I know a bit, likely during your trial if all go well the sentence will be an Branding to be performed when and if you are healthy enough and for you to wear that collar for the rest of your life, and your life and magick will be up to your Mentor and he will be responsible for you, I can not promise this outcome but that is the likely result, and I suspect your Mentor would treat you as other students are treated unless you show you can not be trusted, and I doubt you will do that."
She said and Anna cheered up a little.
"Really ma'am, you think so?"
Kristina nodded.
"I would putmoney on it kid."
Colin nodded, "I will give you as much freedom as I can within the letter of the judgment."

"A bullet would do allot of damage unless it was a very small one, a knife would be better to create a entrance to slip a as thin as possible piece of wood through than a bullet, the sound of the shot and being thrown back would scare my childe, and she do not yet have control of the gifts of our bloodline, she can be sound sensitive."
Drake said and frowned. Anna glanced at you.
"What did you do to this girl Mentor, it sounds like she was really hurt?"
He nodded, then frowned, "I had put a wooden stake into her heart; it is a very painful means of paralyzing a vampire... but it was the only way I could get her to safety without taking her through sunlight."

"I do not know what happened Mentor, I was making necklaces with the strange plastic tube I was given and some glass beads that one of the mages at Morningstar got me, you know the necklace I have who is all clear it looks really science fiction I love it, anyway I started feeling really weak so I told the girl watching me...I am sorry but I do not remember her name, Lady Arden's youngest apprentice, anyway she examined me then ran out screaming for her Mentor and I sort of blacked out, when I came to Lady Arden was there and said I had bled but she had gotten the blood that where in my guts out. I still felt really weak. Mr Horton was there as well and he was about to call you but then he heard you in the hallway and went out to talk with you. It did not hurt or anything I just felt weak."
The young mage explained.
"I guess that makes sense about the heart working harder if it is to little blood then, I guess that is bad when I have a weak heart."
He nodded, "Blood loss is bad for anyone, regardless of how healthy their hearts are."

"Well let us just say that the Ventrue value a few things, ability to lead, buessiness sense, and the ability to survive, where you not what you are I suspect one of John William's Clansmate might have had a desire to have a bit of a talk with you about future prospects."
Drake said and grinned.
He grimaced, "Let's just say i would rather not repeat Tremere's mistake... I might be willing to do mundane business with vampires - I have no reason to discriminate against customers on basis of supernatural properties - but I'm not about to seek undeath, and vampirism in particular."

"I am not angry Mr Wainwright I know you had to do it and I am glad to be home, even if it was hard for you to talk me into cooperating and I made such a fuss. I am sorry I was scared Sir."
Alexandra said and looked down.
"Very, very scared...but I am okey now..."
He smiled, "I am glad. And I hope it won't happen again."

Drake looked at Kristina who shrugged.
"I don't know however the curse that animate your corpse relate to this sun my friend, so it is likely Horizon's suns will not kill you, they might hurt you like a tanning bed would but not more than that."
The Verbena said and Drake shook his head and grinned.
"Well life do get more complicated when mages are around, no offense meant off course."
He grinned wryly, "I might have chosen a less diplomatic word than 'complicated', actually..."

[Labyrinth, Now]
"Comfortable no and my ship is scared and his fear affects me, but if this lead to our freedom then it is worth it."
Dalisse said weakly.
"Yes let us hope so...but I have a bad feeling, the Prelatus have never been sloppy he always have a back up plan."
He nodded, "Well, presumably, his contingencies have run out now..."

"I understand. Well at least bring her here first so she do not have to suffer longer than absolutely neccesary."
The Handler said and sigh.
He nodded, "Agreed; rescue first, safe transport later."

"I will get the chopstick ready then and keep it out of sight until needed, but remember with something this thin you will have to get her to cooperate and stay still, it will not work as a weapon."
Dalisse said softly.
"Very well be careful and follow the open doors, the route should be away from the fighting for now...you should hurry then."
She said and slowly stood wincing.
"The ship will lead your way."
"Thank you," he nodded and set off, quietly slinking through the passageways.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Liv just smiled. You looked around the living room, the only place you had not looked now was a stack of magazines under the living room table and in Rosa's violin case.

Serge began started to search the violin case, looking for the ever elusive name-changing doll.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:05 pm

(I'll press the attack on! This is only a flesh wound!)

Tane continued like a bulldozer, knowing that it was only time before the men got up, but also before a couple of werewolves came there to help him.
Take stabbed the other men with his sword, knowing that what little morale he had left would disappear as soon as harm took him and pain settled.

Resist!
6 3 10 1 4 6

Attack
6 4 10 8 2 4

Damage
7 4 9 4 3 8 7

Additional
7 1 1
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Colin nodded, "I will give you as much freedom as I can within the letter of the judgment."

Anna gave you a warm smile and nodded.
"Thank you Mentor, I worry about the judgement though..."
She said softly.

He nodded, then frowned, "I had put a wooden stake into her heart; it is a very painful means of paralyzing a vampire... but it was the only way I could get her to safety without taking her through sunlight."

"That is horrible, poor Alexandra she must have been so scared, but I guess if there where no other way to save her life, but that sounds really, really bad."
Anna said her eyes growing wide.
"Is she okey now?"
Drake sigh and nodded.
"She is still a bit shook up, being staked can be quite traumatic for one of my kind but she is okey, she will be fine."

He nodded, "Blood loss is bad for anyone, regardless of how healthy their hearts are."

Anna nodded at that.
"Well I survived, I just used as an example of situations where you have had to make a dificult decicion Mentor, and I am grateful you have not let anyone use needles on me...but I wanted you to know I would not blame you if you ever decide...they have to be used even if I will freak out completely and fight it."
She muttered and looked down.

He grimaced, "Let's just say i would rather not repeat Tremere's mistake... I might be willing to do mundane business with vampires - I have no reason to discriminate against customers on basis of supernatural properties - but I'm not about to seek undeath, and vampirism in particular."

"Ah...ehm forgive me my good man I never meant to imply that I tought you should be Embraced, that would be a tradgedy, I should not haveworded myself in such a way. I am terribly sorry."
The old vampire said apologetically.

He smiled, "I am glad. And I hope it won't happen again."

Alexandra looked terrified.
"I...I...do not want to...think about the...possibility Sir."
She whispered.

He grinned wryly, "I might have chosen a less diplomatic word than 'complicated', actually..."

"I might have...then again...it is nothing but the truth."
Drake said good naturdly and grinned. Kristina gave the man a bit of a scowl.

(Labyrinth Now:)

He nodded, "Well, presumably, his contingencies have run out now..."

"We can only hope Colin, we can only hope."
Dalisse said and sigh.

He nodded, "Agreed; rescue first, safe transport later."

The Handler nodded at that.

"Thank you," he nodded and set off, quietly slinking through the passageways.

As you moved doors opened for you to show you the way allong the fleshy corridors, eyes turned to watch as you went by, then you heard voices from a room down the hall a male voice said.
"Listen kid, once you have bled into this cup there is no reason for me to kill you, but you will make your flood flow and fill this cup or I will cut your heart out and squeeze it dry!"
The other voice was a young girl who where crying from fear.
"Let me go...please let le go!"

Serge began started to search the violin case, looking for the ever elusive name-changing doll.

You found the doll hidden in the violin case along with Rosa's violin.
"Did you find her Sir?"
Jane asked.

Tane continued like a bulldozer, knowing that it was only time before the men got up, but also before a couple of werewolves came there to help him.
Take stabbed the other men with his sword, knowing that what little morale he had left would disappear as soon as harm took him and pain settled.

The other men is not within stabbing sistance, the second one who did not fall over ran and the other ones are down under the table still and your sword just is not durable to stab through a slab of oak, you have to either run after the fleeing man, finish of the one you wounded or wait until the others get out from under the table or you have to move the table. The wounded man still have his gun and can fire at you as well unless he is stopped. Also the werewolves might come to help you but right now they are kept pretty busy with the other enemies in the room.

Your sword protect you from most of the damage from the bullets the wounded man fired at you, but one of them did some damage to your ribs, and that hurt quite badly, smarting now every time you draw breath.

(OOC: That is one more Lethal for three total. I think Tane will start suffering wound penalties now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:12 pm

You found the doll hidden in the violin case along with Rosa's violin.
"Did you find her Sir?"
Jane asked.

"Yeah looks like it." Serge said as he pulled out the doll and held it triumphantly above his head. "We have rescued Janice from the vicious viking Liv!"

Ideally he would've have led Cava, who hadn't won yet, to the location of the doll. But it would be hard to explain how he had searched the violin yet hadn't been able to find Janice.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:54 pm

[France, December 19th]
Anna gave you a warm smile and nodded.
"Thank you Mentor, I worry about the judgement though..."
She said softly.
Colin smiled, "I'm sure it will go well, in broad terms; you will be temporarily inconvenienced, but they will with almost absolute certainty rather let you live under my watchful eye than let you die to create another widderslainte outside their control."

"That is horrible, poor Alexandra she must have been so scared, but I guess if there where no other way to save her life, but that sounds really, really bad."
Anna said her eyes growing wide.
"Is she okey now?"
Drake sigh and nodded.
"She is still a bit shook up, being staked can be quite traumatic for one of my kind but she is okey, she will be fine."
He nodded, flashing Drake a brief, relieved smile, "I do believe it is somewhat less horrid than giving you a shot would be... but not by much. It's not something that should be done unless in the direst of circumstances."

Anna nodded at that.
"Well I survived, I just used as an example of situations where you have had to make a dificult decicion Mentor, and I am grateful you have not let anyone use needles on me...but I wanted you to know I would not blame you if you ever decide...they have to be used even if I will freak out completely and fight it."
She muttered and looked down.
He nodded, "I have no wish to terrify you further - most likely, if I ever decide you need an injection, you will already be unconscious at the time. And I will make damn sure to check that the needle is as intact coming out as going in."

"Ah...ehm forgive me my good man I never meant to imply that I tought you should be Embraced, that would be a tradgedy, I should not haveworded myself in such a way. I am terribly sorry."
The old vampire said apologetically.
He nodded, "I understood what you meant; I seem possessed of certain qualities that Clan favours. Nevertheless, even if I were not a Mage, I might consider that sort of endless existence... undesirable. Still, I'll take it as a well-intentioned, poorly worded compliment."

Alexandra looked terrified.
"I...I...do not want to...think about the...possibility Sir."
She whispered.
He nodded, "Let's try to avoid it altogether."

"I might have...then again...it is nothing but the truth."
Drake said good naturdly and grinned. Kristina gave the man a bit of a scowl.
He nodded sagely, "Oh, it's true. We might not appreciate it as much as we ought to, but we do complicate everything we get involved with, however good our intentions."

[Labyrinth, Now]
As you moved doors opened for you to show you the way allong the fleshy corridors, eyes turned to watch as you went by, then you heard voices from a room down the hall a male voice said.
"Listen kid, once you have bled into this cup there is no reason for me to kill you, but you will make your flood flow and fill this cup or I will cut your heart out and squeeze it dry!"
The other voice was a young girl who where crying from fear.
"Let me go...please let le go!"
He swiftly set the Prime monocle into place, silently mouthing "Magia Spectare", and watched the unpalatable magic of the area before quietly drew his gun, took a deep breath, and stepped into the room, taking aim at the Nephandus, "I'm afraid I cannot let you hurt her, Sir. I won't miss at this range, and my trigger finger is quicker and slightly more accurate than your teleportation ability. I suggest we talk for a moment, shall we?"

((OOC: So, Arete roll for the Prime Scan - 7,8,9. Yep, Colin's going to see if the Nephandus tries something. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole had reached the same conclusion as the Chief in regards to the space, but unlike him remembered they could still pull back hard back into the kitchen if needs be. On the Fallen's retorts, she gave a little laugh.

'C'mon, we know that gonna happen, it ain't. Those lot can be so damned uptight. My lot too, for that matter. I mean, it ain't the nineteenth century no more.'

'Hmm...' giving a face like she was considering the offer, though not for a second stopping her gaze at her target. ''Tis a crap offer, that is. Means we'll just go and die somewhere quiet while you finish your shit. We know that, you know that.' a little pause for effect, then continued.

'"Rats leaving a sinking ship"... never got why that was supposed to be a bad thing, I didn't. I mean, rats can't stop it and staying would kill 'em, right? Clever rat, I say. They escape with their skins to live another day.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:01 am

(I soaked the three Lethals, and i'm counting the -1. Can i swing as the other one leaves to stop him and hurt him?)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:37 am

(OOC: First time you where injured you got 6 Lethal and soaked 4 so you got 2 the second time you got 3 and soaked 2, there is a 1 in your roll so you got two sucsesses. No the other one ran as you injured his friend, before you can get your sword up to swing again he is to far away to reach without moving after him.)

"Yeah looks like it." Serge said as he pulled out the doll and held it triumphantly above his head. "We have rescued Janice from the vicious viking Liv!"

Jane translated and Liv giggeled at that and showed you the thumbs up sign.
"Well now that is pretty clevar hiding."
Rosa said and again jane translated and Liv said something back.
"She says thank you Miss Olsen."
Jane explained.

Ideally he would've have led Cava, who hadn't won yet, to the location of the doll. But it would be hard to explain how he had searched the violin yet hadn't been able to find Janice.

"Well then girls out in the hallway we go again."
Rosa said as she lead the girls out of the apartmence again and left you to hide Janice.

Colin smiled, "I'm sure it will go well, in broad terms; you will be temporarily inconvenienced, but they will with almost absolute certainty rather let you live under my watchful eye than let you die to create another widderslainte outside their control."

"I hope so Mentor, but they where brutal with Kyle and when he came home after he had been Branded he looked so sick and where in pain for weeks, he is still scared...and I...have to admit to being nervous."
The young mage muttered.

He nodded, flashing Drake a brief, relieved smile, "I do believe it is somewhat less horrid than giving you a shot would be... but not by much. It's not something that should be done unless in the direst of circumstances."

"It sounds worse than it is for me to...have anything to do with needles...I don't know I always see what Gabriel...well never mind not important it sounds horrible poor Alexandra."
Your young apprentice said and looked down.

He nodded, "I have no wish to terrify you further - most likely, if I ever decide you need an injection, you will already be unconscious at the time. And I will make damn sure to check that the needle is as intact coming out as going in."

"Thank you Mentor."
Anna said and she gave a bit of a relieved smile.
"Remember child even if healing your injury directly might be hard there is allot that can be done with magick, we have quite a few tools that do not require needles, for example while hypersprays are not common yet in the medical field having perhaps an Etherite make one that can deliver whatever medicine you need should not be a big problem."
Kristina said to cheer Anna up a bit and the younger mage smiled a little at that.

He nodded, "I understood what you meant; I seem possessed of certain qualities that Clan favours. Nevertheless, even if I were not a Mage, I might consider that sort of endless existence... undesirable. Still, I'll take it as a well-intentioned, poorly worded compliment."

"If I had been given the choice again mr Wainwright I would have chosen a human existence over this. I am in no way suffering nor am I the brooding vampire you see on TV forever lamening my cursed existence, but I would have wanted to have a wife and children, enjoy food and eventually enjoyed growing old and dying arounded by my family."
Drake said and smiled a little.
"Well I guess I have to settle for being eternally dashing."
He said and grinned.
"And I should not have said what I did, you would have made a good Ventrue, but Kristina have warned me that even such a compliment will make a mage uncomfortable so I do apologize."

He nodded, "Let's try to avoid it altogether."

The young vampire looked at you with scared eyes and nodded.
"Y...yes...let us try to avoid it Sir."
She muttered.

He nodded sagely, "Oh, it's true. We might not appreciate it as much as we ought to, but we do complicate everything we get involved with, however good our intentions."

"That you do, even so I find your kind...delightful Mr Wainwright."
Drake said and grinned again. Kristina scowled at him again which made him chuckle.

He swiftly set the Prime monocle into place, silently mouthing "Magia Spectare", and watched the unpalatable magic of the area before quietly drew his gun, took a deep breath, and stepped into the room, taking aim at the Nephandus, "I'm afraid I cannot let you hurt her, Sir. I won't miss at this range, and my trigger finger is quicker and slightly more accurate than your teleportation ability. I suggest we talk for a moment, shall we?"

You saw the disgusting residue of Qlipothic magick around the teleporter, the residue of the spell he used porting in probably. You saw the Entropic and Static patterns expected around Alexandra. there was also some form of active magick, a personal ward perhaps around the man. In the middle of a large, circular chamber with a bone floor and several organs growing on the walls stood a man with dark red hair to his shoulders, he was tall and very thin with olive colored eyes, sharp features and pale skin, the man was wearing a red sweather, blue jeans and a black leather coat, he held Alexandra who was wearing a white top and blue jeans by the wrist, from the blood on her top you could see that hte man had staked her, and the bloody weapon now lay on the ground as he tried to get the vampire child to bleed into a cup. Isabella had managed to fill a thermos with her blood rather quickly but without a blood pressure probably bleeding beyond a few drops around a wound where probably a concious effort for the Massassa and Alexandra did not want to she was pulling on the held arm and screaming in fear, her tiny fangs where out and she war nearing panic. The man turned and looked at you.
"Well now we seam to be infested by Traditionalists."
He commented dryly.
"You make allot of asumptions Sir about the speed of my Paradigm, but sure you have my attention, what do you want?"
He said in a rasping voice, clearly not used to speaking Englih rather than the Dragon's Tounge.

[Nicole and Adley] (Jeffry's strike team, Labyrinth at two in the afternoon.)

Nicole had reached the same conclusion as the Chief in regards to the space, but unlike him remembered they could still pull back hard back into the kitchen if needs be. On the Fallen's retorts, she gave a little laugh.

'C'mon, we know that gonna happen, it ain't. Those lot can be so damned uptight. My lot too, for that matter. I mean, it ain't the nineteenth century no more.'

"Yes...well I guess that is the nature of mages who get to old, they become uptight assholes."
The man with the cannisters muttered.
"We are standing our ground though lady, my advice is that you run."
He said as his friend scowled at him.

'Hmm...' giving a face like she was considering the offer, though not for a second stopping her gaze at her target. ''Tis a crap offer, that is. Means we'll just go and die somewhere quiet while you finish your shit. We know that, you know that.' a little pause for effect, then continued.

'"Rats leaving a sinking ship"... never got why that was supposed to be a bad thing, I didn't. I mean, rats can't stop it and staying would kill 'em, right? Clever rat, I say. They escape with their skins to live another day.'

"You would not die, you would become unmade, you would never exist."
The Nephandus said then he gave you a confused look.
"Rats? What do rats have to do with this lady?"
He asked then eh sigh.
"Listen, if you don't leave, what can you do without your magick once this gas hits the lot of you?"
Fran scoffed.
"I am more than my magick Nephandus, I can still fire a weapon if my Avatar takes an vecation and failing that I can still hit you over the head with a club, I am not quitting until I am dead!"

(OOC: Sorry for the delay I got busy with visiting family stuff.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:46 am

"Well then girls out in the hallway we go again."
Rosa said as she lead the girls out of the apartmence again and left you to hide Janice.

When he was a lone Serge held up Janice to his face and said, "All right Ms. Janice. Where shall we hide you to day?"

Than in a squeaky voice mimicking what a doll would sound like Serge talked for Janice, "I dunno Serge. Your the smart cool one. You should pick out my hiding place."

After a little bit of thinking and realizing what he was doing, Serge said in his normal voice, "God I hope they can't hear me."

He than proceeded to hide Janice, using his tape method once again. This time he taped Janice to the backside and bottom of the shower curtains.

That way if anyone tried to search the bathroom they would move the shower curtains to look inside the bathtub. Doing so would move Janice out of the way and crumple up the shower curtains hiding the doll even further.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 am

Anja's Post:

'It was a fucking analogy.' the large woman replied, giving the Fallen a raised eyebrow. 'Even I understand what that is, and I'm a dropout, me. I was trying to make the point that standing to die when there is no need ain't bravery, it's stupidity.' here she gave a sigh, looking a little... disappointed? 'But had to explain it, which means it was a failure anyway.'

'Shit... just look at me for a sec, yeah? I ain't no prissy limp-wristed mystic from the 'burbs.' the tone here making it sound like Nicole wanted to spit, Adley would tell her accent was thickening in her anger. 'Know several boringly normal ways to turn your lights out, me. Butt, blade, bullet... or I could just do it old-school and stamp on your fucking head.' giving the enemy no uncertainty that she would do so.

[Attempting Intimidation roll]

[Do you wish for me to note when Nicole's not talking literally such as sarcasm etc, Great One?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 am

[Nicole and Adley] (Jeffry's strike team, Labyrinth at two in the afternoon.)

'It was a fucking analogy.' the large woman replied, giving the Fallen a raised eyebrow. 'Even I understand what that is, and I'm a dropout, me. I was trying to make the point that standing to die when there is no need ain't bravery, it's stupidity.' here she gave a sigh, looking a little... disappointed? 'But had to explain it, which means it was a failure anyway.'

The Nephandus gave you an anoyed look and frowned.
"You lot will never take the Labyrinth."
The man grumbeled but then he glanced at the carred remains of his allies and he did not look to sure of himself.

'Shit... just look at me for a sec, yeah? I ain't no prissy limp-wristed mystic from the 'burbs.' the tone here making it sound like Nicole wanted to spit, Adley would tell her accent was thickening in her anger. 'Know several boringly normal ways to turn your lights out, me. Butt, blade, bullet... or I could just do it old-school and stamp on your fucking head.' giving the enemy no uncertainty that she would do so.

"I have never been threathend with being killed with someone's butt before, that might be an interesting way to die."
The Nephandus said and raised an eyebrow but he was starting to look rather nervous. Nicole probably did not get the reason but Adley would, Nicole had by now threathened the two Nephandi with death in every ccreative way she knew, but this pair where more than willing to die for the cause, it was being captured alive they where afraid of, and with Francis Better claiming Nicole where a Mercere and would not be affected by the gas at all so she could call in for them to be teleported out they where unsure where they had the large woman.
"You know what that rat analogy...it is starting to sound...ehm..."
The female Nephandus said and the pair looked at one another and then at Nicole.
"Ok fuck...ok we will go, do not fucking follow us!"
The woman said and the pair of them begun to slowly move towards the broken door to the kitchen to get out of your group's way, the man still holding that paper and the bottles of gas as the pair where withdrawing slowly.

(OOC: A small occ about it would probably limit misunderstandings though this time it was the raised in the Labyrinth, generally only speaks the Nephandi language Nephandus misunderstanding and not me.)

When he was a lone Serge held up Janice to his face and said, "All right Ms. Janice. Where shall we hide you to day?"

Than in a squeaky voice mimicking what a doll would sound like Serge talked for Janice, "I dunno Serge. Your the smart cool one. You should pick out my hiding place."

After a little bit of thinking and realizing what he was doing, Serge said in his normal voice, "God I hope they can't hear me."

Your Mentor had told you well loved items could take on the energies and emotions of their owners, a bit of their aura if you would and talking to the doll you would feel Jane's love for the little bit of plastic and fabric, you could allmost see her serving the doll pretend tea in a tiny toy teacup.

He than proceeded to hide Janice, using his tape method once again. This time he taped Janice to the backside and bottom of the shower curtains.

That way if anyone tried to search the bathroom they would move the shower curtains to look inside the bathtub. Doing so would move Janice out of the way and crumple up the shower curtains hiding the doll even further.

You hid the little doll. A while after Rosa and the mage girls came back in, first they lookd around then Jane asked.
"Is Janice in the bread box Sir?"
Yu Die asked.
"Is the doll in the living room Sir."
Cava smiled to you.
"Is Janice in the book self Sir?"
Rosa looked around.
"Is the doll under the rug in the living room?"
Liv pointed at the empty pizza boxes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am

[France, December 19th]
"I hope so Mentor, but they where brutal with Kyle and when he came home after he had been Branded he looked so sick and where in pain for weeks, he is still scared...and I...have to admit to being nervous."
The young mage muttered.
Colin nodded, "The... important difference between you and Kyle, there, is that your heart can't take that stress - and they don't want a confused and angry dragon loose in the Sentencing Hall to tear apart everyone and anyone he sees there. Branding is... not a pleasant thing, but at the very least it means he can walk around freely."

"It sounds worse than it is for me to...have anything to do with needles...I don't know I always see what Gabriel...well never mind not important it sounds horrible poor Alexandra."
Your young apprentice said and looked down.
He glanced at Drake, arching an eyebrow, "I think perhaps it is only slightly less horrible, because vampires know staking won't actually permanently harm or kill them by itself, only paralyze them indefinitely. But yes, it's still horrible."

"Thank you Mentor."
Anna said and she gave a bit of a relieved smile.
"Remember child even if healing your injury directly might be hard there is allot that can be done with magick, we have quite a few tools that do not require needles, for example while hypersprays are not common yet in the medical field having perhaps an Etherite make one that can deliver whatever medicine you need should not be a big problem."
Kristina said to cheer Anna up a bit and the younger mage smiled a little at that.
He nodded, "The only really difficult thing would be any injection deep into muscle tissue - the way the serum has to be administered. That can... not be teleported or otherwise embedded in the right spot without collateral damage. We tried, in that other timeline... you masked the pain and the damage well, but... well, no need for that gunk, in any case, and if we can get someone with Lady Arden's skill in case another blood transfusion is needed, we should be mostly covered."

"If I had been given the choice again mr Wainwright I would have chosen a human existence over this. I am in no way suffering nor am I the brooding vampire you see on TV forever lamening my cursed existence, but I would have wanted to have a wife and children, enjoy food and eventually enjoyed growing old and dying arounded by my family."
Drake said and smiled a little.
"Well I guess I have to settle for being eternally dashing."
He said and grinned.
"And I should not have said what I did, you would have made a good Ventrue, but Kristina have warned me that even such a compliment will make a mage uncomfortable so I do apologize."
He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Well, at least you don't sparkle, right? Apology accepted."

"That you do, even so I find your kind...delightful Mr Wainwright."
Drake said and grinned again. Kristina scowled at him again which made him chuckle.
He arched an eyebrow at Kristina, "That look implies there's a very interesting story there... one best told when the children are asleep and a few strong drinks have been served."

[Labyrinth, Now]
You saw the disgusting residue of Qlipothic magick around the teleporter, the residue of the spell he used porting in probably. You saw the Entropic and Static patterns expected around Alexandra. there was also some form of active magick, a personal ward perhaps around the man. In the middle of a large, circular chamber with a bone floor and several organs growing on the walls stood a man with dark red hair to his shoulders, he was tall and very thin with olive colored eyes, sharp features and pale skin, the man was wearing a red sweather, blue jeans and a black leather coat, he held Alexandra who was wearing a white top and blue jeans by the wrist, from the blood on her top you could see that hte man had staked her, and the bloody weapon now lay on the ground as he tried to get the vampire child to bleed into a cup. Isabella had managed to fill a thermos with her blood rather quickly but without a blood pressure probably bleeding beyond a few drops around a wound where probably a concious effort for the Massassa and Alexandra did not want to she was pulling on the held arm and screaming in fear, her tiny fangs where out and she war nearing panic. The man turned and looked at you.
"Well now we seam to be infested by Traditionalists."
He commented dryly.
"You make allot of asumptions Sir about the speed of my Paradigm, but sure you have my attention, what do you want?"
He said in a rasping voice, clearly not used to speaking Englih rather than the Dragon's Tounge.
He half-shrugged with just his left shoulder, "Not a lot of assumptions - just the one, that you need a few fractions of a second longer to power up a spell than my reaction time, and the flight of a bullet moving at some 1,100 feet per second. A bullet which, incidentally, is less likely to kill you, and has properties which will induce strong flashbacks, most likely to the Caul. But I am sure we would both prefer not to test that."
He smiled thinly, "I strongly suspect that ward of yours, for example, is against spells rather than bullets, though I will admit, Qlippothic magic is not my strongest suit for many obvious reasons..."
He gestured with his left hand toward Alexandra, "As for what I want, well, I want her handed over to my custody. The Labyrinth, or rather, the Battlecruiser is lost; Larson sold Griga to the Italians long since, and the Aswadim is probably giving her a start talking-to even now, if he's not busily informing every other Labyrinth in the continental United States that he wants her head on a silver platter, you are rapidly running out of both Prelati and Pawns, and quite frankly, I think your best bet would be to flee the sinking ship right away. After all, it's hardly as though Larson would show you any loyalty, who would she deserve yours when her own schemes are crumbling around her?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:00 am

Colin nodded, "The... important difference between you and Kyle, there, is that your heart can't take that stress - and they don't want a confused and angry dragon loose in the Sentencing Hall to tear apart everyone and anyone he sees there. Branding is... not a pleasant thing, but at the very least it means he can walk around freely."

Anna nodded at that but she looked rather concerned for her friend.
"It must have been horrible, Kyle do not want to talk about it and it is clear magick hurts him when he do it now, I am worried about him...though I am relieved that you say that is not likely to happen to me Mentor."

He glanced at Drake, arching an eyebrow, "I think perhaps it is only slightly less horrible, because vampires know staking won't actually permanently harm or kill them by itself, only paralyze them indefinitely. But yes, it's still horrible."

"It depends on the person and how you are treated while in that condition, if you are kept somewhere you feel safe that go along way to reduce the trauma of it, even if it hurts like hell, when it have happened to you a few times you also do not get used to it but it makes it easier but for Alexandra who is so young it was horrible. I have been staked during a duel, and then shrugged it off and been back on my feet as soon as it was removed but I have also had far worse experiences."
Drake said and Anna nodded.
"I hope she will be ok...Alexandra I mean."
She said and Drake smiled a little.
"Thank you little one, she will be."

He nodded, "The only really difficult thing would be any injection deep into muscle tissue - the way the serum has to be administered. That can... not be teleported or otherwise embedded in the right spot without collateral damage. We tried, in that other timeline... you masked the pain and the damage well, but... well, no need for that gunk, in any case, and if we can get someone with Lady Arden's skill in case another blood transfusion is needed, we should be mostly covered."

"I could teach Miss Alexander the rote for transfering blood though the hands if you wish Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said and nodded.
"There is actually a hyperspray now that can deliver oh what is the anesteatic called lidocaine or something into muscle tissue, but so far it can only deliver a very small amount."
She said then she considered.
"Hum...I think I can develop a spell where a blood witch gets injected with the relevant medicine and then transfer it to a second party through the hands much like that blood transfusion you spoke of was done, it should not be to complicated...I would have to test it with something harmless and on a healthy person first off course but it should be doable so vaccines and medication can be delivered to your apprentice in such a manner which would be easier for her to handle."
The Verbena said and she tapped her lip a few times as she considered her idea.
"But that would hurt someone else Mrs Knox."
Anna protested and Kristina smiled.
"Do not worry about that kid, I regularly carve symbols into my own skin for my magick a needle is not a big problem."
She said and Anna did not seam to be convinced.

He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Well, at least you don't sparkle, right? Apology accepted."

"That depends on whatever I have found myself in the company of a lovely woman who might have applied such cosmetics to her skin or not...or tidied away Alexandra's box of crafting supplies lately..."
Drake said and grinned.

He arched an eyebrow at Kristina, "That look implies there's a very interesting story there... one best told when the children are asleep and a few strong drinks have been served."

"Some very strong drinks Mr Wainwright and yes...definitively after the children ahve gone to bed."
Kristina said and grinend, Drake looked very pleased.
"I do think have some fine bottles in the basement."
He commented.

He half-shrugged with just his left shoulder, "Not a lot of assumptions - just the one, that you need a few fractions of a second longer to power up a spell than my reaction time, and the flight of a bullet moving at some 1,100 feet per second. A bullet which, incidentally, is less likely to kill you, and has properties which will induce strong flashbacks, most likely to the Caul. But I am sure we would both prefer not to test that."

The Nephandus raised an eyebrow again and shuddered at the mention of flashbacks to the Caul.
"Well you make a strong argument Sir, I would bery much like to avoid that."
He said but he still held onto Alexandra's wrist.

He smiled thinly, "I strongly suspect that ward of yours, for example, is against spells rather than bullets, though I will admit, Qlippothic magic is not my strongest suit for many obvious reasons..."

The teleporter just grunted at that.

He gestured with his left hand toward Alexandra, "As for what I want, well, I want her handed over to my custody. The Labyrinth, or rather, the Battlecruiser is lost; Larson sold Griga to the Italians long since, and the Aswadim is probably giving her a start talking-to even now, if he's not busily informing every other Labyrinth in the continental United States that he wants her head on a silver platter, you are rapidly running out of both Prelati and Pawns, and quite frankly, I think your best bet would be to flee the sinking ship right away. After all, it's hardly as though Larson would show you any loyalty, who would she deserve yours when her own schemes are crumbling around her?"

"You dare claim Larson betrayed Gilledian Griga? My Mentor are on retreat in the Deep Umbra to rid himself of Paradox, he communicates with us regularly and have said he give lady larson his full support, I spoke with him not many days ago. I owe Lady larson no loyalty but I do owe the Gilledian loyalty and he have chosen Lady larson to rule in his place."
He said and he looked down at the young vampiress.
"My Lady want this creature's blood, as soon as I have that you can have the girl herself, then I will have no further use of her, she is pretty enough and young vampire females can be fun, their virginity grows back after all, but if Lady Larson's plan works there will be no time to train this one as a usable pawn."
He scoffed.
"So once I have her blood, you can have her."
Alexandra thankfully where to scared and upset to catch what he just said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:30 am

[France, December 19th]
Anna nodded at that but she looked rather concerned for her friend.
"It must have been horrible, Kyle do not want to talk about it and it is clear magick hurts him when he do it now, I am worried about him...though I am relieved that you say that is not likely to happen to me Mentor."
Colin nodded, "Kyle is a tough kid, though - I think he'll be fine, given a little time."

"I could teach Miss Alexander the rote for transfering blood though the hands if you wish Mr Wainwright."
"There is actually a hyperspray now that can deliver oh what is the anesteatic called lidocaine or something into muscle tissue, but so far it can only deliver a very small amount."
She said then she considered.
"Hum...I think I can develop a spell where a blood witch gets injected with the relevant medicine and then transfer it to a second party through the hands much like that blood transfusion you spoke of was done, it should not be to complicated...I would have to test it with something harmless and on a healthy person first off course but it should be doable so vaccines and medication can be delivered to your apprentice in such a manner which would be easier for her to handle."
The Verbena said and she tapped her lip a few times as she considered her idea.
"But that would hurt someone else Mrs Knox."
Anna protested and Kristina smiled.
"Do not worry about that kid, I regularly carve symbols into my own skin for my magick a needle is not a big problem."
She said and Anna did not seam to be convinced.
He smiled sadly, "I'm sure Beatrice would appreciate that. I'm willing to wager Master Nassa would like to learn that, too, if he's not already familiar with the technique."

"Some very strong drinks Mr Wainwright and yes...definitively after the children ahve gone to bed."
Kristina said and grinend, Drake looked very pleased.
"I do think have some fine bottles in the basement."
He commented.
He chuckled, "But, my gracious hosts, not on the first night, hmm?"

[Labyrinth, Now]
The Nephandus raised an eyebrow again and shuddered at the mention of flashbacks to the Caul.
"Well you make a strong argument Sir, I would bery much like to avoid that."
He said but he still held onto Alexandra's wrist.
He nodded, "Not to mention, of course, you would be incapacitated rather than killed... which would lead to capture rather than death. And you would most certainly want to avoid that, too."

"You dare claim Larson betrayed Gilledian Griga? My Mentor are on retreat in the Deep Umbra to rid himself of Paradox, he communicates with us regularly and have said he give lady larson his full support, I spoke with him not many days ago. I owe Lady larson no loyalty but I do owe the Gilledian loyalty and he have chosen Lady larson to rule in his place."
He said and he looked down at the young vampiress.
He cocked his head to the side, "It is not my claim that Larson sold Griga to the Italians. But please, consider these questions: How does he communicate with you? Recordings? Delivered here how? Perhaps Lady Larson simply presents a video of the Gilledian, seemingly reading from a script, after one of the Italians has come visiting? Perhaps the recordings show him leaned against the same wall every time, perhaps a wall of stone or wood? No, I trust my source on this - the damned Italians have Lord Griga, and I like the idea of that no more than you do. It's dishonourable."

"My Lady want this creature's blood, as soon as I have that you can have the girl herself, then I will have no further use of her, she is pretty enough and young vampire females can be fun, their virginity grows back after all, but if Lady Larson's plan works there will be no time to train this one as a usable pawn."
He scoffed.
"So once I have her blood, you can have her."
Alexandra thankfully where to scared and upset to catch what he just said.
His face didn't even twitch, "And if Larson's plan doesn't work - which, by the way, seems ever more likely since your Tass storage went up in smoke a few minutes ago - you will most certainly not have the time to train her, for an entirely different set of reasons. But look on the bright side, if you're captured, at least I can offer you a separate cell from where we hold Diego. And perhaps a pair of earplugs for when he starts that bloody opera of his again."
He shook his head ever so slightly, "I'm afraid I can't let you bleed the poor girl, but again, but I can live with not being able to capture you while I'm rescuing her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 am

Colin nodded, "Kyle is a tough kid, though - I think he'll be fine, given a little time."

"Yeah I hope so, at least he is not afaid of loosing his magick anymore, it is over for him even if the Branding sucked and I sort of envy him that though I hope that do not happen to me, the Branding I mean, but having this whole thing over would be great."
Anna said and sigh.

He smiled sadly, "I'm sure Beatrice would appreciate that. I'm willing to wager Master Nassa would like to learn that, too, if he's not already familiar with the technique."

"I am sure it should not take Master Nassa long to figure out out. I think my Mentor developed as an off shoot of one of our most commong spells Bond of Blood which is used to transfer Quintessence from one mage to another."

He chuckled, "But, my gracious hosts, not on the first night, hmm?"

"Oh heavens no, John William is home and while I love the man as a brother, he can be a bit Victorian...he really loved that time period."
Drake said and Kristina giggeled.
"Well no, tonight we will be having dinner with my relative and former Covenmate Vivianne and her husband Konrad, they are Alexandra's parents, unless you object of course Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena said.
"And you will be on your best behavior."
She said and wagged her finger at Drake, he grinned again.
"Off course my Lady."
He said with a small bow.
"Off course."

(Labyrinth now:)

He nodded, "Not to mention, of course, you would be incapacitated rather than killed... which would lead to capture rather than death. And you would most certainly want to avoid that, too."

"Ah yes...my Avatar can be a bit of a bastard but I am rather attatched to her and I do really like teleporting around so avoiding that would indeed be preferable."
The Nephandus said and frowned.

He cocked his head to the side, "It is not my claim that Larson sold Griga to the Italians. But please, consider these questions: How does he communicate with you? Recordings? Delivered here how? Perhaps Lady Larson simply presents a video of the Gilledian, seemingly reading from a script, after one of the Italians has come visiting? Perhaps the recordings show him leaned against the same wall every time, perhaps a wall of stone or wood? No, I trust my source on this - the damned Italians have Lord Griga, and I like the idea of that no more than you do. It's dishonourable."

The teleporter was very silent for a moment and you could allmost see the wheels turn in his head then she swore in the Nephandi language and added a few words in English just for good measure.
"Fuck...attacking a Gilledian, killing him or her and taking their place is quite acceptable but giving one to the fucking Traditions are not...fuck...and his videos have all been in Latin I have wornderd why he did not speak our language...but if he have been...fusk!"
He said and he seamed quite shocked.
"That is indeed dishonerable!"
He muttered in an angry tone of voice.

His face didn't even twitch, "And if Larson's plan doesn't work - which, by the way, seems ever more likely since your Tass storage went up in smoke a few minutes ago - you will most certainly not have the time to train her, for an entirely different set of reasons. But look on the bright side, if you're captured, at least I can offer you a separate cell from where we hold Diego. And perhaps a pair of earplugs for when he starts that bloody opera of his again."

"We lost our Tass storage...damn I had some drams stored away there, quality stuff as well."
The telporter said and sigh.
"Also fuck Diego...and no I would not like to get a cell on Horizon. I do not share your views about our chances but if Lady larson have really betrayed my Mentor in such a way...I have no interest in risking my Avatar for her."

The teleporter considered for one more moment then he let go of the terrified vampire who quickly fled into a corner still crying and hissing at the both of you like an animal waring those she feared to stay away from her.
"Very well, Lady Larson owe me some answers, for now I am out of here, enjoy the girl, let me give you a recomendation, normally you would useanti freeze fluid headed to body temprature injected into a vampire's vein to make them comfortable in bed, but I find just putting them in a hot bath for a while works better, they do not cool of that quickly and it is allot easier than trying to fill them with anti freeze."
The Nephandus adviced.
"And remember to wear a condom when they are this small they bleed, and that will eventually lead to problem, a friend of mine got addicted to vampire blood that way and now he have to live in an Umbra Labyrinth not to be tempted to throw his own Avatar away, the extra pleasure just is not worth it."
The teleporter said before he took a finely made crystal pendulum from his pocket, swung it and was gone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:21 pm

You hid the little doll. A while after Rosa and the mage girls came back in, first they lookd around then Jane asked.
"Is Janice in the bread box Sir?"
Yu Die asked.

"Nope. No bread for her today." Serge said simply.

"Is the doll in the living room Sir."
Cava smiled to you.

"Not in the living room." he said with a sly smile.

"Is Janice in the book self Sir?"
Rosa looked around.

"Doesn't look like Janice is a big reader, especially when the books are so much larger than her. So nope." he mused.

"Is the doll under the rug in the living room?"
Liv pointed at the empty pizza boxes.

"Not under the rug or in the pizza boxes." he concluded.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 pm

[France, December 19th]
"Yeah I hope so, at least he is not afaid of loosing his magick anymore, it is over for him even if the Branding sucked and I sort of envy him that though I hope that do not happen to me, the Branding I mean, but having this whole thing over would be great."
Anna said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "I agree, in many ways the suspense is worse than the sentence..."

"I am sure it should not take Master Nassa long to figure out out. I think my Mentor developed as an off shoot of one of our most commong spells Bond of Blood which is used to transfer Quintessence from one mage to another."
He nodded, "A very Verbena variation at that."

"Oh heavens no, John William is home and while I love the man as a brother, he can be a bit Victorian...he really loved that time period."
Drake said and Kristina giggeled.
"Well no, tonight we will be having dinner with my relative and former Covenmate Vivianne and her husband Konrad, they are Alexandra's parents, unless you object of course Mr Wainwright."
The Verbena said.
"And you will be on your best behavior."
She said and wagged her finger at Drake, he grinned again.
"Off course my Lady."
He said with a small bow.
"Off course."
He grinned wryly, "Speaking as an Englishman, the Victorian era does have perhaps something of an undeserved repute for propriety. All the same, some standards must be observed."
He nodded, "I have been looking forward to meeting them for months, actually. Come to think of it, Mages both, or just her?"

[Labyrinth, Now]
"Ah yes...my Avatar can be a bit of a bastard but I am rather attatched to her and I do really like teleporting around so avoiding that would indeed be preferable."
The Nephandus said and frowned.
He nodded, "Quite understandable. Besides, it's ridiculously painful to have anyone try to tear it out, too - and I speak from unfortunate experience on the matter. One of the seniors in the Chicago Cabal tried her luck at me just before she died; I'd rather not go through that again anytime soon."

The teleporter was very silent for a moment and you could allmost see the wheels turn in his head then she swore in the Nephandi language and added a few words in English just for good measure.
"Fuck...attacking a Gilledian, killing him or her and taking their place is quite acceptable but giving one to the fucking Traditions are not...fuck...and his videos have all been in Latin I have wornderd why he did not speak our language...but if he have been...fusk!"
He said and he seamed quite shocked.
"That is indeed dishonerable!"
He muttered in an angry tone of voice.
He nodded, "Larson knew she did not have the strength to take him in a proper challenge, so she cheated. Rest assured, I have every intention of seeing the Italians hang for what they've done; as a courtesy, however, I cannot promise Griga will survive the eventual raid on their facilities."

"We lost our Tass storage...damn I had some drams stored away there, quality stuff as well."
The telporter said and sigh.
"Also fuck Diego...and no I would not like to get a cell on Horizon. I do not share your views about our chances but if Lady larson have really betrayed my Mentor in such a way...I have no interest in risking my Avatar for her."
He nodded, "There was quite the treasure trove of stockpiled power there, yes. I could have made impressive use of it, too, but such is life..."

The teleporter considered for one more moment then he let go of the terrified vampire who quickly fled into a corner still crying and hissing at the both of you like an animal waring those she feared to stay away from her.
"Very well, Lady Larson owe me some answers, for now I am out of here, enjoy the girl, let me give you a recomendation, normally you would useanti freeze fluid headed to body temprature injected into a vampire's vein to make them comfortable in bed, but I find just putting them in a hot bath for a while works better, they do not cool of that quickly and it is allot easier than trying to fill them with anti freeze."
The Nephandus adviced.
"And remember to wear a condom when they are this small they bleed, and that will eventually lead to problem, a friend of mine got addicted to vampire blood that way and now he have to live in an Umbra Labyrinth not to be tempted to throw his own Avatar away, the extra pleasure just is not worth it."
The teleporter said before he took a finely made crystal pendulum from his pocket, swung it and was gone.
As the man vanished, Colin sneered and whipped out his Chaos Wand, turning to Alexandra with a softened expression, "Alexandra, my name is Colin, I'm a friend of Drake and Kristina. Please listen to me, I came to rescue you, you'll be safe with me. But I need to touch you with this for protection - not break skin, just a light tap on your shoulder for concealment..."
He quickly flicked the wand around, to cast the scrambling ward on both of them, taking a careful step closer to the terrified girl, stooping a bit to make himself look smaller in the process, "Come, I want to introduce you to a friend, a very kind lady..."

((OOC: Casting the scrambler, Arete roll: 5,6,6 - it'll have to do for a spot of quick work.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Colin nodded, "I agree, in many ways the suspense is worse than the sentence..."

Anna nodded darkly at that.
"It is Mentor."
She muttered.

He nodded, "A very Verbena variation at that."

"Well it is our Tradition."
Kristina said proudly.

He grinned wryly, "Speaking as an Englishman, the Victorian era does have perhaps something of an undeserved repute for propriety. All the same, some standards must be observed."

"Now you even sound like my husband."
Kristina said and grinned.
"But yes some properity and manners must be observed or we will all go to the dogs."
She said and Drake smiled.
"Well sometimes my dear friends dogs can be allot of fun."
He said and she scowled at him again.

He nodded, "I have been looking forward to meeting them for months, actually. Come to think of it, Mages both, or just her?"

"Just her, Konrad is...well he is a ghost actually but he have retaken his physical body, he will look and to our magickal senses feel very much like a vampire but he is...different from them."
Kristina said.
"He is a kind man though he is a bit reserved."

He nodded, "Quite understandable. Besides, it's ridiculously painful to have anyone try to tear it out, too - and I speak from unfortunate experience on the matter. One of the seniors in the Chicago Cabal tried her luck at me just before she died; I'd rather not go through that again anytime soon."

The teleporter looked rather nervous for a moment and he shuddered.
"No I think I would prefer to avoid that...well you got lucky then Traditionalist, it must have been quite a fright."

He nodded, "Larson knew she did not have the strength to take him in a proper challenge, so she cheated. Rest assured, I have every intention of seeing the Italians hang for what they've done; as a courtesy, however, I cannot promise Griga will survive the eventual raid on their facilities."

"My teacher would rather die than remain the prisoner of those two crazy bastards, and hanging is to good for them, but I will take what I can get, fuck them!"
The Nephandus grumbeled.

He nodded, "There was quite the treasure trove of stockpiled power there, yes. I could have made impressive use of it, too, but such is life..."

"Well it is a sad loss, damn we had Traditionalists take out of Tass storage, fuck."
The teleporter grumbeled.
"And yes all of that power would have been a pleasure to use."

As the man vanished, Colin sneered and whipped out his Chaos Wand, turning to Alexandra with a softened expression, "Alexandra, my name is Colin, I'm a friend of Drake and Kristina. Please listen to me, I came to rescue you, you'll be safe with me. But I need to touch you with this for protection - not break skin, just a light tap on your shoulder for concealment..."

The young vampire gave you a terrified look but she stopped her retreat and looked at you, though she did not come closer either.
"R...rescue me Sir...are...are you a Traditionalist? The man who took me is not from the Traditions like my mom are is he?"
She asked.
"W...where are we...the walls are...alive...what is going on?"
She wept and curled up on the ground.

He quickly flicked the wand around, to cast the scrambling ward on both of them, taking a careful step closer to the terrified girl, stooping a bit to make himself look smaller in the process, "Come, I want to introduce you to a friend, a very kind lady..."

Alexandra did not look like she trusted you did not want to harm her, not yet at least.
"I...I..."
She curled up a bit more.
"I better not, he hurt me...I had to heal myself and now I am hungry..."
She whispered and she looked at the spot the teleporter vanished and at the bloodied stake on the floor and cried more.
"I just want to go home! This place is scary!"
You think your spell worked at least but getting the terrified creature to trust you might be a harder task.

"Nope. No bread for her today." Serge said simply.

"Are Janice in the violin case Sir?"
Jane asked when you answered no to her first question.

"Not in the living room." he said with a sly smile.

"Are the doll in the kitchen perhaps Sir?"
Cava asked.

"Doesn't look like Janice is a big reader, especially when the books are so much larger than her. So nope." he mused.

Jane giggeled at that. Rosa looked around.
"Not in the living room eh, what about the bedroom have you hidden the doll there Cousin?"
The young Cultist wanted to know.
"What about on your person is the doll there?"
Yu Die asked.

"Not under the rug or in the pizza boxes." he concluded.

Liv pointed at the door to the bathroom and looked at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:02 pm

[France, December 19th]
"Now you even sound like my husband."
Kristina said and grinned.
"But yes some properity and manners must be observed or we will all go to the dogs."
She said and Drake smiled.
"Well sometimes my dear friends dogs can be allot of fun."
He said and she scowled at him again.
Colin smirked, "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon-day sun?"

"Just her, Konrad is...well he is a ghost actually but he have retaken his physical body, he will look and to our magickal senses feel very much like a vampire but he is...different from them."
Kristina said.
"He is a kind man though he is a bit reserved."
He nodded, "Ah, a Risen, then? I know of one other."

[Labyrinth, Now]
The teleporter looked rather nervous for a moment and he shuddered.
"No I think I would prefer to avoid that...well you got lucky then Traditionalist, it must have been quite a fright."
He shrugged slightly, "I was not entirely conscious at the time, and got stuffed in a time bubble where I woke up two days later, but it hurt, oh yes... I would rather not go through it again. It leaves your soul feeling like it's been dragged behind a horse on a gravel road; even if there's no damage, there's a sense of being bruised and sore that stays for days..."

"My teacher would rather die than remain the prisoner of those two crazy bastards, and hanging is to good for them, but I will take what I can get, fuck them!"
The Nephandus grumbeled.
He nodded, "Those two will get what is coming to them, I promise."

The young vampire gave you a terrified look but she stopped her retreat and looked at you, though she did not come closer either.
"R...rescue me Sir...are...are you a Traditionalist? The man who took me is not from the Traditions like my mom are is he?"
She asked.
"W...where are we...the walls are...alive...what is going on?"
She wept and curled up on the ground.
He nodded, "The man who kidnapped you is called a Nephandus; he's a bad sort of Mage. We are on board a living ship the Nephandi have, but this one... I have an understanding with it. We're taking down the leader of this place and everyone loyal to her, and she tried to get you as a tool to serve her ends... I would not allow that, obviously."

Alexandra did not look like she trusted you did not want to harm her, not yet at least.
"I...I..."
She curled up a bit more.
"I better not, he hurt me...I had to heal myself and now I am hungry..."
She whispered and she looked at the spot the teleporter vanished and at the bloodied stake on the floor and cried more.
"I just want to go home! This place is scary!"
You think your spell worked at least but getting the terrified creature to trust you might be a harder task.
He sighed, quickly picking up the stake and pocketing it, "I know he hurt you, and I know you're hungry... but we need to get out of this room. My friend might be able to help you get some blood; if not, I will let you have a drink of me, just to keep the worst at bay. Then, once the battle is won, I'll be able to bring you to my own Chantry, from where I'll be able to bring you to Kristina's Chantry, from where she'll be able to bring you straight back to France. Does that sound alright?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next