Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Mon 21 May 2018 - 15:29

[Chicago, 4PM]
Heather smiled a little at that.
"Well I hope you manage to get out of any legal issues Sir."
She said politely.
Colin nodded, "I'm optimistic in that regard."

"Perhaps so, Quesitors are a little scary but it is not like they can hurt me more than they already did."
Avery said bitterly.
"I am afraid of meeting any of those six monsters again though I do not want to ever see them again ever...ever!"
He declared and started shaking just from the thought.
He nodded, "I myself am not overly fond of rocketry, for similar reasons..."

"There is little else to do than lay down and die...and while I want to die most of the time there are still some things I enjoy about life...though I at times feel guilty about enjoying anything when my Avatar is dead."
The boy whispered and looked down.
He frowned, "I don't think she would want that for you, though... She was your closest friend; she would want you to be happy, even if she could not be with you to share your happiness..."

"Cheating is at times both allowed and neccesary Mr Wainwright though I fear you might one day run into a certain old man who disagree with me on that point, I am certinly glad that we will have a tomorrow."
Felicia said and grinned.
He grinned, "Well, an... Oracle of sorts suggested I will become timeless. In the meantime, if that old man comes knocking, I suppose I'll just have to politely invite him in for tea..."

Everyone had their seatbelts on and Felicia turned Avery's game on and put it into the boy's hands, at times he clearly needed to be set to do something not to get to passive. The driver smiled a little and shook his head.
"I am not that fortunate I am afraid, so I work to make sure my loan will not completely bury me by the time my studies are done, but yes the profession are a calling, and it is a calling not only for those born into a wealthy family I think."
He said as he drove through the city, you so pepole out on Sunday walks, ice cream shops trying to sell out the last of their stock before autumn really set in and the regular hustle and bustle you might expect, here and there where spirits as well going about their bussiness, one strange creature made up of fallen leaves in a somewhat animal like form noticed you looking at it and he sort of barked at you happily, no one else seamed to notice the fallen leaf dog though.
He smiled and looked around the taxi for the driver's taxi permit, "Well, you never know when the unexpected might happen; being thrifty and having a part-time job beside the studies will help. And I agree, healing people is a noble calling, and should not be limited to the independently wealthy. That sort of paywall has only caused peasant rebellions and the like throughout history..."
He smiled at the leafy dog, then fished up his phone, "Bugger, I forgot to tell the Chief..."
He quickly tapped out a message to Morgan, 'Forgot to mention, I put A. in charge until my concerns are resolved - gave him a few rather urgent matters to attend in my absence. Made it to Chicago safely, be back in a couple of hours, give or take.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 17 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 21 May 2018 - 15:57

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"That's fine," he said, not seeming perturbed by it, at least not right then.

Cecilia nodded.
"Thank you Sir I will tell you later then."
She muttered.

"I was still a bit naive I guess but yeah I tended to keep to our circle. Other mages are dangerous after all and well, so are many others. I don't know if I'll be ok at work, probably not for a while, but I'll have to pretend. Everything is different now. But at least we're still here."

"I do not think you where naive you just did not have allot of experience with other mages outside the handful of Chantries of our Tribunal. I ehm...traveled around with my Mentor from I was just a child until he considered me old enough to be on my own, meeting others all over the world, Master Dante belong to a Chantry but he is seldom there, preferring to travel around in this world and other worlds instead, he introduced me to other mages...and other Awakened beings as well for good or bad I am used to other for a lack of a better term, supernatural beings to a greater extent."
Narim said then he sigh.
"You could find a new job you know, if going back to the University gets to hard."

"Oh right, I remember..."

"Hopefully he will sleep right though the prisoners being moved it might be hard for him after all to see them shipped of knowing there is a chance he will...share their fate though off course I am sure the Chief will do anything in his power to prevent it. I do think it is best the kid sleeps until the basement is cleared and he can be given a room in the Chantry."
Narim said and frowned.
"Poor kid I feel bad for him he must be scared."

"It would be futile to try to stop you, if you worry like I do," he said.

"I am afraid so Adley, when I care about someone I worry, especially when that someone is a warrior who help defend the Chantry."
Narim said and he gave you a little smile.
"Though I am proud of you as well for your courage."

He shook his head. "For my door," he explained. "So you can get in, unless you want me to let you in."

"I can let myself in if that is okey with you, I have to stay here until all our teams are in safely so someone do not end up not getting help while I set up somewhere else."
Narim said and nodded.

"Oh great, something else to talk to him about. I got nominated cabal leader temporarily so I guess I'll take care of that if and when Mr Karyak returns. I'll try to catch him then, since I'm not sure when that's going down."

"I am sure you will do well as Cabal leader Adley but talking with Mr Karyak can be a bit of a...task the man means well but he is stubborn and I fear for his safety if he continue down the path he have so far. Ah that reminds me we are watching two of his friends, a wershark and a werrat I agreed to it since they needed somewhere safe to be while Mr Karyak fought in the Labyrinth and according to him they are more or less children, they have been no problem though I just wanted you to be aware of them so you are not starteled if you see them around the Chantry."
Narim informed you.

"I know we've got ritual rooms but since I do them every morning and evening, I like to make space. I should get furniture though...now that I actually want people in my rooms. And you don't have to sleep on the floor. By the point I get rest, a flat rock will probably seem comfy to me."

"It seams resonable to me to have room in your apartment to do your rituals, and one day you have to tell me what doing ritual magick is like, my mother was a mystic but I have always been trained to use technomagick so I have to admit to not understanding to much about what you do, working with those Hermetics over at Morningstar to make that portal earlier though that was a bit fun."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.
"I am glad you want visitors though having friends is nice, as for the bed...let us discuss who gets that later."

"That's a fair reason," he said. It wasn't like the vampire could close it's eyes or even look away.

"Prisoners must be treated with kindness and respect, after all the greatest way to judge a person is to see how he treats those who are helpless before him.

"That would be nice," he said. "And you should probably clean that off before you catch sick, I know where I've been," he said wryly. "I'll make it up later, though," he promised, giving him a quick squeeze before letting him go.

"I will, though giving you a kiss was worth it..."
Narim said and smiled warmly.
"I will look forward to it..."
He said and looked into your eyes for a while before he looked away and sat back down at the desk to be ready if anyone needed his aid.

"As long as it's still here, that might continue being the case," he said, picking up his coat, checking he had everything and then getting his bag. "But if we can get a few moments to ourselves I will be satisfied. Thanks, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you either so stay safe. I'll see you later."

"You are probably right saving the world is not a one time thing."
The technomancer agreed.
"A few moments would be wonderful...I will stay safe and I will see you later."
He said.
"I look forward to getting that moment by the way."
He added with a smile.

[Colin] (Chicago Umbra Port at 4 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "I'm optimistic in that regard."

"That is good to hear Sir."
Heather said and smiled.

He nodded, "I myself am not overly fond of rocketry, for similar reasons..."

"That is understandable Sir, is what what happened? I thought it might have been a fireball."
Avery said and you saw Felicia wanting to stop him but she decided against it.
"Did it hurt allot Sir?"
The young Mercere asked and looked up at you."

He frowned, "I don't think she would want that for you, though... She was your closest friend; she would want you to be happy, even if she could not be with you to share your happiness..."

"I guess you are right Sir but she was not just my friend..she was a part of me and now...now she is dead and...well most like me die and perhaps I should as well, perhaps I should not have moments when I enjoy things..."
The boy said sadly as he looked into nothingness for a moment.
"It feels wrong at times to enjoy anything."

He grinned, "Well, an... Oracle of sorts suggested I will become timeless. In the meantime, if that old man comes knocking, I suppose I'll just have to politely invite him in for tea..."

Felicia grinned a little at that.
"Well that is a quite the more...controlled response than most mages would have at meeting that certain person."
She said sounding a bit amused.
"Timeless you say well now that will be interesting I bet."

He smiled and looked around the taxi for the driver's taxi permit, "Well, you never know when the unexpected might happen; being thrifty and having a part-time job beside the studies will help. And I agree, healing people is a noble calling, and should not be limited to the independently wealthy. That sort of paywall has only caused peasant rebellions and the like throughout history..."

The driver's permit hung near the meter and the GPS and showed that the driver was Awamil Basra, that he was ninteen years old, and that he had a permit to drive a taxi.
"I agree this nation have far to high tuition costs, but I guess it is what it is and while I will not sit back and not complain about it I will also do what I can to achieve my dreams even if my father is a clerk in a hotel and my mother is a housewife and our family have no great fortune. I want to become a doctor and heal the sick and I will be one."
The driver said proudly.

He smiled at the leafy dog, then fished up his phone, "Bugger, I forgot to tell the Chief..."
He quickly tapped out a message to Morgan, 'Forgot to mention, I put A. in charge until my concerns are resolved - gave him a few rather urgent matters to attend in my absence. Made it to Chicago safely, be back in a couple of hours, give or take.'

The leafy dog ran after the car for a little while until a bird in a tree distracted it and it started happily barking at it and wagging it's tail which was a branch. You got a reply back from the Chief.
"To: CW
Very well thank you for letting me know, most of us are back safely now as well. I have contacted Master T. He have agreed to look into your case and will be arriving later after he have dealt with an urgent matter on Horizon as he said. Stay safe."
Felicia looked at you.
"Is everything allright?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon 21 May 2018 - 16:00

Anja's Post:

'Did he need much persuading?' Nicole replied curiously, stretching out her limbs. 'Now, we tell Mr Shade. Then while you patch him up, we'll strip this place. Hopefully there's a bathroom in this place so he can scrub up a bit before his photo.'

[Oh, it can get better: Adley having to deal with Tane and Nicole. *tongue*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon 21 May 2018 - 16:17

[Chicago, 4PM]
"That is understandable Sir, is what what happened? I thought it might have been a fireball."
Avery said and you saw Felicia wanting to stop him but she decided against it.
"Did it hurt allot Sir?"
The young Mercere asked and looked up at you."
Colin gave Felicia an appreciative grin, "Yes, combat mission in Iraq, some 25 years ago. Rude Awakening, that; I passed out, and my Avatar crash landed the helicopter to save me... The others on board didn't get a scratch."

"I guess you are right Sir but she was not just my friend..she was a part of me and now...now she is dead and...well most like me die and perhaps I should as well, perhaps I should not have moments when I enjoy things..."
The boy said sadly as he looked into nothingness for a moment.
"It feels wrong at times to enjoy anything."
He shook his head gently, "You are right to mourn, of course, but even so, you should be able to let yourself enjoy things, even if everything tastes like mashed potatoes..."

The driver's permit hung near the meter and the GPS and showed that the driver was Awamil Basra, that he was ninteen years old, and that he had a permit to drive a taxi.
"I agree this nation have far to high tuition costs, but I guess it is what it is and while I will not sit back and not complain about it I will also do what I can to achieve my dreams even if my father is a clerk in a hotel and my mother is a housewife and our family have no great fortune. I want to become a doctor and heal the sick and I will be one."
The driver said proudly.
He frowned, "Yes, there have been some most unfortunate developments between minimum wage and tuition over the past four decades here... I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you make your family proud."
He quietly noted down Awamil's details for later - arranging a little stroke of luck would do them both a world of good right now.

The leafy dog ran after the car for a little while until a bird in a tree distracted it and it started happily barking at it and wagging it's tail which was a branch. You got a reply back from the Chief.
"To: CW
Very well thank you for letting me know, most of us are back safely now as well. I have contacted Master T. He have agreed to look into your case and will be arriving later after he have dealt with an urgent matter on Horizon as he said. Stay safe."
Felicia looked at you.
"Is everything allright?"
She asked.
He smiled and pocketed the phone again, "Yes... as alright as could be. Just needed to check in."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 21 May 2018 - 18:27

Colin gave Felicia an appreciative grin, "Yes, combat mission in Iraq, some 25 years ago. Rude Awakening, that; I passed out, and my Avatar crash landed the helicopter to save me... The others on board didn't get a scratch."

And Avery's takaway from this story way to look at you with his eyes full of wonder.
"Wow Sir your Avatar can fly a helicopter that is so cool, can she also drive a car?"
From inside your soul you heard Mia chuckle slightly.

He shook his head gently, "You are right to mourn, of course, but even so, you should be able to let yourself enjoy things, even if everything tastes like mashed potatoes..."

"How did you know Sir that everything tastes like mashed potatoes so to speak that after...after...that everything is cold and gray and I feel like I and deaf and blind?"
Avery asked sadly then he sigh.
"I guess though she would want me to enjoy playing video games at times and talismans and such...she would want me to get something out of life..."

He frowned, "Yes, there have been some most unfortunate developments between minimum wage and tuition over the past four decades here... I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you make your family proud."
He quietly noted down Awamil's details for later - arranging a little stroke of luck would do them both a world of good right now.

"So it have, when whan the average man in the street earns go down and it becomes ever harder to get an education then it becomes harder to pull oneself out of poverty and I mean my family and I are not poor per say but there are some pretty steep walls ahead anyway...but yes ser thank you I hope I will as well I will do my best."
The driver said and smiled.
"What about you Sir are you and your party here in town on vecation?"

e smiled and pocketed the phone again, "Yes... as alright as could be. Just needed to check in."

Felicia nodded at that. The drive was a short and comfortable one and seventeen minutes later the cab stopped outside of Morningstar's gates. The driver turned around and told you how much the fare was.
"That will be twenty dollars Mr Steed."
He said politely.
"Can I go and see the rabbits?"
Avery asked and yes you remembered a rabbit cage in Morningstar's garden.
"Yes once we have said hello."
Felicia told her apprentice and she gave you a bit of a look it might be rare for the broken child to actually take initiative to do something.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

'Did he need much persuading?' Nicole replied curiously, stretching out her limbs.

"No not really, he wanted to know the details and why the request was made, the Deacon is a meticulous man, once he got that he agreed pretty quickly that it was a good idea."
Thorn said and smiled a little.

'Now, we tell Mr Shade. Then while you patch him up, we'll strip this place. Hopefully there's a bathroom in this place so he can scrub up a bit before his photo.'

"I think I saw a bathroom earlier, but yes that do seam to be the plan, we tell him, I see what I can do for him and we take whatever is useful from this place."
The Verbena agreed and he headed into the room the wounded Technocrat was in.

(OOC: At least Nicole is smart, Tane though I do believe he have one dot of int or at least he started with that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon 21 May 2018 - 19:24

[Chicago, 4PM]
And Avery's takaway from this story way to look at you with his eyes full of wonder.
"Wow Sir your Avatar can fly a helicopter that is so cool, can she also drive a car?"
From inside your soul you heard Mia chuckle slightly.
Colin smiled wryly, "She can do anything I can do... but she's only taken the reins twice, when I was unable to save myself. Both times were pretty dire situations, and much as I am fond of her, I should rather avoid such circumstances again."

"How did you know Sir that everything tastes like mashed potatoes so to speak that after...after...that everything is cold and gray and I feel like I and deaf and blind?"
Avery asked sadly then he sigh.
"I guess though she would want me to enjoy playing video games at times and talismans and such...she would want me to get something out of life..."
He smiled sadly, "I read a lot... Depression is quite common, and the mashed potato description is fairly widespread..."

"So it have, when whan the average man in the street earns go down and it becomes ever harder to get an education then it becomes harder to pull oneself out of poverty and I mean my family and I are not poor per say but there are some pretty steep walls ahead anyway...but yes ser thank you I hope I will as well I will do my best."
The driver said and smiled.
"What about you Sir are you and your party here in town on vecation?"
He shrugged, "No, we've different business in town; we just met today, and decided to share a taxi since we were all going the same way from here. Save money and environment, you know."

Felicia nodded at that. The drive was a short and comfortable one and seventeen minutes later the cab stopped outside of Morningstar's gates. The driver turned around and told you how much the fare was.
"That will be twenty dollars Mr Steed."
He said politely.
"Can I go and see the rabbits?"
Avery asked and yes you remembered a rabbit cage in Morningstar's garden.
"Yes once we have said hello."
Felicia told her apprentice and she gave you a bit of a look it might be rare for the broken child to actually take initiative to do something.
He let he others out and slipped the driver 25 dollars, "A little extra to support your studies. And again, good luck."
He winked to Felicia, "Perhaps he found a little splash of colour, or a little condiment for the potatoes."
He turned to Heather, "Well, then, let us look for your dear wife, then, shall we? And perhaps have a chat with Anna?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon 21 May 2018 - 19:39

"Thank you...ehm...what are your name by the way? My name is Eliza Hennedy."
The woman said and she gave you a tired smile.
"But yes I do hope you are right.

"Serge Yager. Nice to meet you." He said with a smile.

"That reminds me of my mom, she always have her knitting basket with her, and when she have time, waiting for something to get done on the oven or she wait for the bus or anything she is knitting, always knitting."
The woman said and smiled a little.

"Never thought I'd have something in common with someone's mom." He joked, "But here we are. Doing art while waiting for things to get interesting. Man Knitting is so hardcore. You take a random ball of yarn, move your hands for a couple of hours and then "BAM" the ball of yarn disspaears and some sort of clothing appears. It's like the longest magickal spell ever."

"Oh my he would hate that he even hate it when I put a bow on his collar for Christmas and such."
The young woman said and she giggeled.
"But that outfit looks so adorable, and the apartment is great, you have allot of talent kid."
She said as she looked at the drawing.
"Do you work with art as your job?"

"Nope, so far it's just as a hobby." Serge said hurriedly. The last thing he needed was to talk about his financial situation. "When I get the time I'd like to post some of my drawings online. Maybe even learn how to draw digitally. Like with that weird device that translates your pencil strokes into mouse strokes. I think that'd be fun."

He added a few finishing touches to the drawing and then said, "You can keep it if you want. I can even give you a pencil so you can make your dream modifications on it while your resting."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon 21 May 2018 - 20:01

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, then went back into the office to see the Mirrorshade.

[That's not automatically a good thing: merely has a better brain to be stubborn with. *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 21 May 2018 - 20:07

Colin smiled wryly, "She can do anything I can do... but she's only taken the reins twice, when I was unable to save myself. Both times were pretty dire situations, and much as I am fond of her, I should rather avoid such circumstances again."

"I can imagine her taking control would be scary but she is really cool if she can fly a helicopter."
Avery said and grinned.

He smiled sadly, "I read a lot... Depression is quite common, and the mashed potato description is fairly widespread..."

"Yeah I...know there is more out there, that there are sounds and sights and colors, but I just can not reach them, inside me is only cold nothingness."
Avery muttered and looked down sadly.
"I would rather have the pain as they...as they where doing it than this emptiness."
He whispered tears welling up in his eyes again.

He shrugged, "No, we've different business in town; we just met today, and decided to share a taxi since we were all going the same way from here. Save money and environment, you know."

"Ah off course Sir that is pretty smart thinking."
The driver agreed.
"I wish you all a good day then and the best of luck."
He added politely.

He let he others out and slipped the driver 25 dollars, "A little extra to support your studies. And again, good luck."

"Thank you kindly...have a good day all of you."
The driver said and when you where all out of the car he drove off.
"What a plesant young man, I do hope he makes it and becomes a doctor."
Felicia said then she looked at you.
"Do you want to split the fare down the middle Mr Wainwright?"

He winked to Felicia, "Perhaps he found a little splash of colour, or a little condiment for the potatoes."

"Oh I do hope so...I can not help but worry about the boy."
Felicia said.
"He seamed to enjoy talking with you though Sir."
She added as she begun to walk towards Morningstar's gate and pressed the button on the buzzer. You soon heard Olamide's voice.
"Yes?"
"Felicia Daventry Hermes bani Fortunae ex Mercere here on official buessiness I have my apprentice Avery with me, also a Mr Wainwright from Chantry Steelhaven Hall and Miss Heather Wellspring of Chantry Lavender."
The Mercere said and the sound that indicated the gate unlocking sounded.
"Off course Miss Daventtry you are all most welcome."
Olamide said.

He turned to Heather, "Well, then, let us look for your dear wife, then, shall we? And perhaps have a chat with Anna?"

"Yeah let us do that Sir my Mistress must be so worried about me and if she said she would meet you at Morningstar she is probably here, I would love to meet your little apprentice as well Sir."
Heather agreed and she smiled happily.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Serge Yager. Nice to meet you." He said with a smile.

"Mr Yager it is nice to meet you."
The woman said and she reached out with a hand in greeting, you saw the bruises and little markes from needles and IVs on the back of her hand and up her arm from the experiments that had been done on her.

"Never thought I'd have something in common with someone's mom." He joked, "But here we are. Doing art while waiting for things to get interesting. Man Knitting is so hardcore. You take a random ball of yarn, move your hands for a couple of hours and then "BAM" the ball of yarn disspaears and some sort of clothing appears. It's like the longest magickal spell ever."

"Well so it seams to me as well, I went as far as making a scarf once but that is as far as it went with knitting for me but my mom swears there is more to it than that...talking about magical spells though...I will assume you are Traditionalists then..."
The woman asked as she looked up at you.

"Nope, so far it's just as a hobby." Serge said hurriedly. The last thing he needed was to talk about his financial situation. "When I get the time I'd like to post some of my drawings online. Maybe even learn how to draw digitally. Like with that weird device that translates your pencil strokes into mouse strokes. I think that'd be fun."

"You are definitvely good enough to earn money on it, you could always try etsy, even if you do not work for some big company you would be suprised how many are willing to pay to have custom art done."
Eliza said and smiled a little.
"Not mouse strokes per see, you are thinking about a digital pen, it canmeasure both the angle it is held and how much you press down on it and send that as input to the computer."
She explained.

He added a few finishing touches to the drawing and then said, "You can keep it if you want. I can even give you a pencil so you can make your dream modifications on it while your resting."

"Thank you I love to keep it...I am not sure I am good enough at drawing to make any modifications though, but thanks anyway."
She said and smiled a little.

A nod to this, then went back into the office to see the Mirrorshade.

The man was still sitting in the corner, with Violet keeping an eye on him, but he looked a little less scared now that he had the hope he would be let go.
"Ehm...how did it go Miss, what did your boss say?"
He asked nervously.

(OOC: Well yes that is true enough at least she will understand the counter arguments though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon 21 May 2018 - 20:36

"Mr Yager it is nice to meet you."
The woman said and she reached out with a hand in greeting, you saw the bruises and little markes from needles and IVs on the back of her hand and up her arm from the experiments that had been done on her.

Serge shook her hand and tried his best not to stare at the bruises and marks along her arm. Although he couldn't help but have a slight morbid curiosity as to what sort of experiments were done on her.

"Well so it seams to me as well, I went as far as making a scarf once but that is as far as it went with knitting for me but my mom swears there is more to it than that...talking about magical spells though...I will assume you are Traditionalists then..."
The woman asked as she looked up at you.

"You would be correct." Serge said cautiously. He had already revealed the secret of the world to one person so far and he didn't want to do that a second time if he could avoid it.

"I'm a part of the Cult of Ecstasy which is a part of the Tradition. That would make me, in turn, a Traditionalist."

"You are definitvely good enough to earn money on it, you could always try etsy, even if you do not work for some big company you would be suprised how many are willing to pay to have custom art done."
"Not mouse strokes per see, you are thinking about a digital pen, it can measure both the angle it is held and how much you press down on it and send that as input to the computer."
She explained.

"Ahhh a digital pen. That's what I was thinking of." Serge said with a nod. "I've always seen time-lapses of people on youtube drawing with them. I think that'd be fun to learn how to use. I can't only be confined to a pencil and paper. That's boring, I need other mediums to present complexities of my imagination."

He looked at his drawing and said, "You think I could money off of this? Hmmmm maybe. I just need to have the guts to do so. I dunno....although it would nice having money....Maybe when I get the time."

"Thank you I love to keep it...I am not sure I am good enough at drawing to make any modifications though, but thanks anyway."

"Here you go." he said handing the picture to the women. He reached into his infrequently-used shirt pocket and pulled out a very short wooden pencil and passed it to the women. "And just in case you change your mind, here's a pencil. You don't need to be a art genius to make small doodles on how you want your dream house to look like."

As he talked to the women, he glanced around the infirmary again, seeing if their was anyone else who was freaking out or needed some sort of help.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon 21 May 2018 - 21:32

Anja's Post:

'After a bit of persuasion, got them to see that it wasn't that bad an idea.' Nicole replied. 'So, plan is Mr Alias will patch you up so you can travel, while Miss Placeholder and me go and sort a few things out.' giving a nod to Violet to follow her out of the room.

['Understand' isn't the same as 'accept'...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 21 May 2018 - 21:40

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

Serge shook her hand and tried his best not to stare at the bruises and marks along her arm. Although he couldn't help but have a slight morbid curiosity as to what sort of experiments were done on her.

"There are more on my other arm, and on my legs and up my spine, and scars from when he cut into me other places, he drilled into my head to...that really hurt..."
The woman muttered as she noticed you looking at the marks and tears welled up in her eyes.
"I just want all of this to be over..."

"You would be correct." Serge said cautiously. He had already revealed the secret of the world to one person so far and he didn't want to do that a second time if he could avoid it.

"I'm a part of the Cult of Ecstasy which is a part of the Tradition. That would make me, in turn, a Traditionalist."

"Cult of Ecstasy...those are the...seers right...the one whos who can see the future?"
The woman asked then she gave you an apologetic smile.
"Sorry...I do not know allot. My father is a mage...a member of the Technocratic Union, and he would hate to hear me call him that, a mage, anyway I figured a few things out over the years but I do not have the details."

"Ahhh a digital pen. That's what I was thinking of." Serge said with a nod. "I've always seen time-lapses of people on youtube drawing with them. I think that'd be fun to learn how to use. I can't only be confined to a pencil and paper. That's boring, I need other mediums to present complexities of my imagination."

"Yes a digital pen, they are rather useful actually I had one in my purse with my tablet but I am afraid that was taken from me long ago."
The woman muttered.
"Come to think of it I do not even know how long that bastard kept me captive...it all sort of became a blur after a while."

He looked at his drawing and said, "You think I could money off of this? Hmmmm maybe. I just need to have the guts to do so. I dunno....although it would nice having money....Maybe when I get the time."

"You are quite skilled Mr Yager so yes I think you could earn money on your talent, perhaps you could even ilustrate books and such I mean it is not my place to tell you what to do, but you could earn some money on it that I am sure about."

"Here you go." he said handing the picture to the women. He reached into his infrequently-used shirt pocket and pulled out a very short wooden pencil and passed it to the women. "And just in case you change your mind, here's a pencil. You don't need to be a art genius to make small doodles on how you want your dream house to look like."

"Thank you Mr Yager and I guess you are right, then again when drawing the layout and design of an apartment that is often easier from a top down view."

As he talked to the women, he glanced around the infirmary again, seeing if their was anyone else who was freaking out or needed some sort of help.

Well not directly freaking out, it was the woman with the exposed spine who just lay there completely still stearing at nothing, the catatonic man, Eliza and a man who lay huddeled up in bed muttering that he just wanted to go home and make mac and cheese for his family. Other than that Jen was sleeping now and the other person who had come in with her, a man was uncocnious, the various mages with injuries from the fight where either waiting their turn with smaller injuries, Master Nassa had come up her now and where taking care of them, or snug in their beds.

'After a bit of persuasion, got them to see that it wasn't that bad an idea.' Nicole replied. 'So, plan is Mr Alias will patch you up so you can travel, while Miss Placeholder and me go and sort a few things out.' giving a nod to Violet to follow her out of the room.

The Technocrat looked at you his eyes big then he gave a relieved sigh.
"Really, oh thank you...I know I am not likely to get very far but at least I will have a chance, thank you."
He said as Thorn walked over to him and knelt down to start the healing work. Violet smiled a little and nodded and came with you out of the room.
"How can I help Ma'am?"
She asked.

(OOC: True but it is easier to have a rational discussion with someone who disagree with you than someone who just do not understand what you are saying.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon 21 May 2018 - 22:11

[Chicago, 4PM]
"I can imagine her taking control would be scary but she is really cool if she can fly a helicopter."
Avery said and grinned.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Oh, now, she did learn it from me, you know."

"Yeah I...know there is more out there, that there are sounds and sights and colors, but I just can not reach them, inside me is only cold nothingness."
Avery muttered and looked down sadly.
"I would rather have the pain as they...as they where doing it than this emptiness."
He whispered tears welling up in his eyes again.
He nodded, "I understand... and I think you'll be able to see colours again soon enough, even if not as vivid and vibrant as before..."

"Ah off course Sir that is pretty smart thinking."
The driver agreed.
"I wish you all a good day then and the best of luck."
He added politely.
He smiled, "Thank you, I might need it... going to bring my adopted daughter home today. She's had a... bit of a troubled past."

"Thank you kindly...have a good day all of you."
The driver said and when you where all out of the car he drove off.
"What a plesant young man, I do hope he makes it and becomes a doctor."
Felicia said then she looked at you.
"Do you want to split the fare down the middle Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded to Felicia, "That will be quite acceptable. The fare was twenty dollars, which divides quite neatly between two."

"Oh I do hope so...I can not help but worry about the boy."
Felicia said.
"He seamed to enjoy talking with you though Sir."
She added as she begun to walk towards Morningstar's gate and pressed the button on the buzzer. You soon heard Olamide's voice.
"Yes?"
"Felicia Daventry Hermes bani Fortunae ex Mercere here on official buessiness I have my apprentice Avery with me, also a Mr Wainwright from Chantry Steelhaven Hall and Miss Heather Wellspring of Chantry Lavender."
The Mercere said and the sound that indicated the gate unlocking sounded.
"Off course Miss Daventtry you are all most welcome."
Olamide said.
He smiled wryly, "A few wise people have pointed out this weekend that that seems to be the way with having apprentices... Endless worry in between the hope and pride... He seems a good kid, all in all."

"Yeah let us do that Sir my Mistress must be so worried about me and if she said she would meet you at Morningstar she is probably here, I would love to meet your little apprentice as well Sir."
Heather agreed and she smiled happily.
He nodded, "Yes, I..."
He frowned, "Er, hum... did we actually specify to meet here? Things were a little chaotic during the rescue operation... Er, let's see if she's here; if not, I'll call her right away."
He politely led Heather through the gate, glancing around for spiritual presences, "You know, at Steelhaven, we currently have this adorable swarm of spider-like spirits roaming the grounds... My Cabalmate received them as a loan, for protection. Very useful little things, very good at making repairs to pretty much anything..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon 21 May 2018 - 22:41

Anja's Post:

'Time to turn this place over, it is.' Nicole said to Violet once out of earshot. 'We're after cash, medical gear, clothes and the like... anything which would be useful to someone about to go on the lam. Hopefully this place has a bathroom which isn't a complete sewer so he can clean himself up a bit. If you find anything suspicious, usual drill - don't touch, come get me or Thorn. Oh, and be on the lookout for traps and all that shit; unlikely, but no need to get sloppy on the final straight.' not concious to the fact she'd in a matter of speaking simply taken command of the situation.

'Start in the office, yeah?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue 22 May 2018 - 0:58

"There are more on my other arm, and on my legs and up my spine, and scars from when he cut into me other places, he drilled into my head to...that really hurt..."
The woman muttered as she noticed you looking at the marks and tears welled up in her eyes.
"I just want all of this to be over..."

"That's understandable." he said softly. "Don't worry, soon you'll be with your boyfriend and your rockstar dog and this will all be a part of the past."

"Cult of Ecstasy...those are the...seers right...the one whos who can see the future?"
The woman asked then she gave you an apologetic smile.
"Sorry...I do not know allot. My father is a mage...a member of the Technocratic Union, and he would hate to hear me call him that, a mage, anyway I figured a few things out over the years but I do not have the details."

Serge seemed a little surprised at the revelation, not expecting that sort of relation. "Don't worry your right. That's what the Cult of Ecstasy are best known for. My specialties lie elsewhere though. I never managed to get a hang of the whole 'fortune telling' thing. I can barely plan ahead let alone tell the future." he admitted bitterly, Ryan's glare haunting him.

"So your dad's a member of the Technocracy? Damn I didn't expect that. How much did you manage to pick up over the years?" he asked. One part of him wanted to fill in the blanks Eliza had in her knowledge but another part of him didn't know if it was wise to do so.

"Yes a digital pen, they are rather useful actually I had one in my purse with my tablet but I am afraid that was taken from me long ago."
The woman muttered.
"Come to think of it I do not even know how long that bastard kept me captive...it all sort of became a blur after a while."

"It's probably for the best. I don't think you'd want detailed memories of how long you've been in there. Better to focus that attention somewhere else." he reasoned.

"You are quite skilled Mr Yager so yes I think you could earn money on your talent, perhaps you could even ilustrate books and such I mean it is not my place to tell you what to do, but you could earn some money on it that I am sure about."

"Funnily enough, I think I did  just illustrate a book." Serge said chuckling. "I was taking care of some young children earlier and we decided to take turns making a story. I was the illustrator and it was a loooong story. I used up more pages than I'd care to admit."

Well not directly freaking out, it was the woman with the exposed spine who just lay there completely still stearing at nothing, the catatonic man, Eliza and a man who lay huddled up in bed muttering that he just wanted to go home and make mac and cheese for his family. Other than that Jen was sleeping now and the other person who had come in with her, a man was unconscious, the various mages with injuries from the fight where either waiting their turn with smaller injuries, Master Nassa had come up her now and where taking care of them, or snug in their beds.

Serge wondered who the man in Mr. Roth Hick's note was. He remembered him being described as having a young Avatar and being terrified and confused when he woke up. He wondered if it was the mac and cheese guy or perhaps one of the other men who had not woken up yet. Still as long as everything was somewhat calm he didn't need to intervene with anything immediately and could take his time talking with all of the patients.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue 22 May 2018 - 1:35

"I do not think you where naive you just did not have allot of experience with other mages outside the handful of Chantries of our Tribunal. I ehm...traveled around with my Mentor from I was just a child until he considered me old enough to be on my own, meeting others all over the world, Master Dante belong to a Chantry but he is seldom there, preferring to travel around in this world and other worlds instead, he introduced me to other mages...and other Awakened beings as well for good or bad I am used to other for a lack of a better term, supernatural beings to a greater extent."

"A Virtual Adept should be worldly I suppose," he said with a nod. "I'd like to hear about it sometime when we're not on our last legs and you want to share."

"Hopefully he will sleep right though the prisoners being moved it might be hard for him after all to see them shipped of knowing there is a chance he will...share their fate though off course I am sure the Chief will do anything in his power to prevent it. I do think it is best the kid sleeps until the basement is cleared and he can be given a room in the Chantry." Narim said and frowned. "Poor kid I feel bad for him he must be scared."

"It's been really tough and he has been brave but he's still a teenager."

"I am afraid so Adley, when I care about someone I worry, especially when that someone is a warrior who help defend the Chantry." Narim said and he gave you a little smile. "Though I am proud of you as well for your courage."

He smiled.

"I can let myself in if that is okey with you, I have to stay here until all our teams are in safely so someone do not end up not getting help while I set up somewhere else." Narim said and nodded.

"No problem."

"I am sure you will do well as Cabal leader Adley but talking with Mr Karyak can be a bit of a...task the man means well but he is stubborn and I fear for his safety if he continue down the path he have so far. Ah that reminds me we are watching two of his friends, a wershark and a werrat I agreed to it since they needed somewhere safe to be while Mr Karyak fought in the Labyrinth and according to him they are more or less children, they have been no problem though I just wanted you to be aware of them so you are not starteled if you see them around the Chantry."Narim informed you.

"Temp only. What path is that, exactly? I'm serious in asking, since it might help me to approach the situation. I have met the wereshark if it is the same one," he said with a nod. "I am wary of strangers in our home."

"It seams resonable to me to have room in your apartment to do your rituals, and one day you have to tell me what doing ritual magick is like, my mother was a mystic but I have always been trained to use technomagick so I have to admit to not understanding to much about what you do, working with those Hermetics over at Morningstar to make that portal earlier though that was a bit fun." The Virtual Adept said and smiled. "I am glad you want visitors though having friends is nice, as for the bed...let us discuss who gets that later."

"I can try, at least if you want. That portal looked a bit unorthadox, but for House Thigg," he grinned.

"You are probably right saving the world is not a one time thing." The technomancer agreed. "A few moments would be wonderful...I will stay safe and I will see you later." He said. "I look forward to getting that moment by the way."

"Me too," he said, and left, shutting the door behind him to head back downstairs. Maybe his mentor was back with the team and they could sort through what needed to be done next besides the other things that needed to be done next...

//@Jer- I did put that Adley described him in the note to Serge, but I just put it in parenthesis, instead of describing him fully since I didn't have time to look it up

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue 22 May 2018 - 3:02

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Sometimes it feels like a disgusting joke, right? So little of us... so many enemies, and no one to take our place...
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue 22 May 2018 - 7:24

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"A Virtual Adept should be worldly I suppose," he said with a nod. "I'd like to hear about it sometime when we're not on our last legs and you want to share."

"Well to be honest most of my Tradition prefer their homes and their computer bench to interacting with pepole but some of us like to actually travel, and Master Dante he, well he is a warrior for the Traditions it is what he do. And I would love to share with you when there is time Adley, I could even take us to some of the places I have seen."
Narim said and smiled a little.

"It's been really tough and he has been brave but he's still a teenager."

"His situation would be hard for anyone, teenager or an adult."
Narim said and he sigh.
"But the kid is dealing remarably well with what have been thrown at him, he will become a good Flambeau one day."

"No problem."

"Great then I will head over to your apartment once I am done here."

"Temp only. What path is that, exactly? I'm serious in asking, since it might help me to approach the situation. I have met the wereshark if it is the same one," he said with a nod. "I am wary of strangers in our home."

"Well basically the path of going against Tradition laws when he feel it justified, he have loudely anounced all over the Chantry that he was disapointed Miss Alexander did not call for him when...when the Spirit Masters came for then he could have cut them down for her, now that could have been just foolish bravado to impress a girl, but he have been rather stubborn in the case of Miss Clearwater as well."
The Virtual Adept said sounding concerned.
"Sooner or later he will run into an older mage who just will not take his attitude and I worry for the young man."
He added then he shook his head.
"No this is another one actually, a female that seams mostly drowsy, and at least this time he asked for premission before dropping them off here."

"I can try, at least if you want. That portal looked a bit unorthadox, but for House Thigg," he grinned.

"I have met a few members of House Thig Adley they have been quite interesting to talk with."
Narim said and smiled.
"But yes I would love to learn more about how you do magick, it is a part of you after all, and generally I am interested in how mystics work."

"Me too," he said, and left, shutting the door behind him to head back downstairs. Maybe his mentor was back with the team and they could sort through what needed to be done next besides the other things that needed to be done next...

Jeffry was indeed back, along with the other members from Steelhaven. You saw Hildegard there bleeding from a cut in her forehead and holding a wounded arm, and Ryan was limping. Jeffry where directing pepole to guard duty, to get the wounded to care and others to just get some food. Seeing you Jeffry smiled then turned serious.
"Mea filius, one moment of your time in my office please we have something we need to discuss."

(OOC: I will reply to the rest of you but my computer is slowing down I need to reboot it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue 22 May 2018 - 7:47

"Well to be honest most of my Tradition prefer their homes and their computer bench to interacting with pepole but some of us like to actually travel, and Master Dante he, well he is a warrior for the Traditions it is what he do. And I would love to share with you when there is time Adley, I could even take us to some of the places I have seen."

"Sounds nice. I will look forward to it."

"Well basically the path of going against Tradition laws when he feel it justified, he have loudely anounced all over the Chantry that he was disapointed Miss Alexander did not call for him when...when the Spirit Masters came for then he could have cut them down for her, now that could have been just foolish bravado to impress a girl, but he have been rather stubborn in the case of Miss Clearwater as well."
The Virtual Adept said sounding concerned.
"Sooner or later he will run into an older mage who just will not take his attitude and I worry for the young man."
He added then he shook his head.

He sighed. "Subtle he is not."

"No this is another one actually, a female that seams mostly drowsy, and at least this time he asked for premission before dropping them off here."

"I see."

Jeffry was indeed back, along with the other members from Steelhaven. You saw Hildegard there bleeding from a cut in her forehead and holding a wounded arm, and Ryan was limping. Jeffry where directing pepole to guard duty, to get the wounded to care and others to just get some food. Seeing you Jeffry smiled then turned serious.
"Mea filius, one moment of your time in my office please we have something we need to discuss."

He gave a glance around to see who was there, who was missing, and gave a concerned glance to those he could see injured. He nodded at his pater. "Of course, sir," he said, heading to the office. Just one thing? With so many things to discuss, just one seemed unlikely.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue 22 May 2018 - 7:59

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Oh, now, she did learn it from me, you know."

"Yeah and that is pretty cool to Sir but allot of pepole can fly an helicopter but that an Avatar can do so is extra cool."
The young Mercere said and Felicia gave you and apologetic look.

He nodded, "I understand... and I think you'll be able to see colours again soon enough, even if not as vivid and vibrant as before..."

"I home you are right Sir."
Avery said but he did not really sound like he believed you.

He smiled, "Thank you, I might need it... going to bring my adopted daughter home today. She's had a... bit of a troubled past."

"Ah then doubly good look to you and your new daugther, children are our future after all and it is good of you to take in a child that needs help."
The driver said and he gave you a warm smile.

He nodded to Felicia, "That will be quite acceptable. The fare was twenty dollars, which divides quite neatly between two."

The Red Cap nodded and he found thirteen dollars from her purse and handed to you.
"Half the fare and half the tip Mr Wainwright."
She said politely.

He smiled wryly, "A few wise people have pointed out this weekend that that seems to be the way with having apprentices... Endless worry in between the hope and pride... He seems a good kid, all in all."

"Ah yes that is the way with them...I have had two before Avery and even now I worry about them, are they safe as they travel, are they warm enough, do they eat right...but yes Avery is a good kid and he have been doing remarkably well for someone in...his situation."
Felicia said and she smiled at little and looked at her young student.

He nodded, "Yes, I..."
He frowned, "Er, hum... did we actually specify to meet here? Things were a little chaotic during the rescue operation... Er, let's see if she's here; if not, I'll call her right away."

"Ok Sir...if she is not the Chantry Lavender is not far away."
Heather said and nodded.
"And yeah that was pretty chaotic Sir."

He politely led Heather through the gate, glancing around for spiritual presences, "You know, at Steelhaven, we currently have this adorable swarm of spider-like spirits roaming the grounds... My Cabalmate received them as a loan, for protection. Very useful little things, very good at making repairs to pretty much anything..."

"That sounds absolutely adorable Sir."
Heather said and Avery looked up at you.
"Can you pet the spirit spiders Sir?"
He asked.

You did indeed see spirits around, one was a rather large being that looked like a serpent med up of round rocks that moved through the grounds and stopped to look at your party with little black rock eyes, the thing looked extremely grumpy. More happy where a group of little blue imps playing in a garden fountain, they where small, plump and happy and when they noticed you looking at them they came running over and gathered around you.
"Play with us!"
One of them begged.
"Give us treats!"
Another of them said and they all looked at you with these dark blue, waterdrop eyes in the middle of their little waterdrop faces, the imps where incredably cute and they knew how to use it to get what they wanted as they danced around you begging for attention.

"That's understandable." he said softly. "Don't worry, soon you'll be with your boyfriend and your rockstar dog and this will all be a part of the past."

"I hope you are right Mr Yager."
The woman said sadly not quite believing you.

Serge seemed a little surprised at the revelation, not expecting that sort of relation. "Don't worry your right. That's what the Cult of Ecstasy are best known for. My specialties lie elsewhere though. I never managed to get a hang of the whole 'fortune telling' thing. I can barely plan ahead let alone tell the future." he admitted bitterly, Ryan's glare haunting him.

"Hey if you can do magick at all that is a gift right, not everyone have to do fortune telling."
"I do not know much about the Traditions but I am sure there are some leeway for induvidual talents there right?"

"So your dad's a member of the Technocracy? Damn I didn't expect that. How much did you manage to pick up over the years?" he asked. One part of him wanted to fill in the blanks Eliza had in her knowledge but another part of him didn't know if it was wise to do so.

"Hum...quite a bit I do not know if it is the place to just list it all, but I know about the war you guys are having with four sides where the Technocrazy is one side and the Traditions another and I will assume the man who kidnapped me is from the Nephandi, you have have different idea of what reality should be right?"
The woman asked.

"It's probably for the best. I don't think you'd want detailed memories of how long you've been in there. Better to focus that attention somewhere else." he reasoned.

"Yeah there are some memories from what happened that I...that I...it was bad let us just leave it at that...oh my poor family and my boyfriend must be so worried about me."
She muttered and frowned.

"Funnily enough, I think I did just illustrate a book." Serge said chuckling. "I was taking care of some young children earlier and we decided to take turns making a story. I was the illustrator and it was a loooong story. I used up more pages than I'd care to admit."

"That sounds like allot of fun."
Eliza said and smiled.
"When I was a little girl my friends and I would play that game where we takes turns telling a story all the time, especially when we went camping and sat around the camp fire you know."

'Time to turn this place over, it is.' Nicole said to Violet once out of earshot. 'We're after cash, medical gear, clothes and the like... anything which would be useful to someone about to go on the lam. Hopefully this place has a bathroom which isn't a complete sewer so he can clean himself up a bit. If you find anything suspicious, usual drill - don't touch, come get me or Thorn. Oh, and be on the lookout for traps and all that shit; unlikely, but no need to get sloppy on the final straight.' not concious to the fact she'd in a matter of speaking simply taken command of the situation.

"Ok Ma'am I will come to you or Thorn if I find anything suspicious. I will help you look for the things you mentioned."
Violet agreed.

'Start in the office, yeah?'

"That works for me Ma'am."
The girl said and she headed there, the office then being the room where the Technocrat was in, and the now deactivated portal, it had a desk, some file cabinets and a trash can along with the wonderful wall hanging former portal to a Labyrinth.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Sounds nice."

"Well then let us do that over a cup of nice tea...or coffee if you prefer when things settle down."
Narim said and smiled.

He sighed. "Subtle he is not."

"That he is not indeed, and I fear he will create a problem for himself, and for the rest of us before long."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

"I see."

"They have not been a problem though, the female have just slept and the rat...a bit of fruit kept her busy and now she is sleeping as well...in the fruit bowl in the kitchen. I put up a sign saying there is a rat in a fruit bowl, she is supposed to be there do not hit her with a broom, just to be sure."
Narim informed you.

He gave a glance around to see who was there, who was missing, and gave a concerned glance to those he could see injured. He nodded at his pater. "Of course, sir," he said, heading to the office. Just one thing? With so many things to discuss, just one seemed unlikely.

Not everyone where here but you suspect many had already headed of to their asignment or to get treatment for their wounds, you saw the ones from your strike time minus the ones who had gone to get the Technocrat home, in addition to Ryan, Hildegard and Ingmar.
"None from Steelhaven are dead, we all made it home, many from toher Chantries was not so lucky though."
Ingmar said to you when he saw you. Jeffry shook his head sadly at what Ingmar was saying then he turned his attention to you.
"No not just one thing mea filius but one thing that concerns you directly."
He said and frowned as Ingmar begun to help the wounded up to the make shift infirmary.
"I get to prove that I am a Verbena healer and not just an angry German asshole, well I guess I get to prove that I am a Verbena healer and an angry German asshole."
Rush commented on his way up the stairs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue 22 May 2018 - 8:01

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Sometimes it feels like a disgusting joke, right? So little of us... so many enemies, and no one to take our place...

"The path of corruption is a tempting one for many my new friend, and many heed it's siren call, we must remain ever vigilent, my kind was born to be protectors, we will protect Gaia even if it costs us our lives or worse cost us our friends."
Dino said bitterly as he walked towards the portal that would take you out of the Labyrinth.
"And I suspect you stand vigil with us mage, forever turned against the ravages of the Wyrm turned mad."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue 22 May 2018 - 8:26

[Chicago, 4PM]
"Yeah and that is pretty cool to Sir but allot of pepole can fly an helicopter but that an Avatar can do so is extra cool."
The young Mercere said and Felicia gave you and apologetic look.
Colin nodded, "Yes, she is quite... exceptional."

"Ah then doubly good look to you and your new daugther, children are our future after all and it is good of you to take in a child that needs help."
The driver said and he gave you a warm smile.
He smiled thinly, "If you only knew the half of it..."

The Red Cap nodded and he found thirteen dollars from her purse and handed to you.
"Half the fare and half the tip Mr Wainwright."
She said politely.
He nodded and handed two quarters back, "Half the tip, indeed."

"Ok Sir...if she is not the Chantry Lavender is not far away."
Heather said and nodded.
"And yeah that was pretty chaotic Sir."
He grinned wryly, "And I am sorry for the loudness of gunfire in the car - I had hoped to avoid injuring the two, but as it turned out, that was not to be... At least identifying them to the Union as Fallen members should be easier now, what with one having a head injury like that..."

"That sounds absolutely adorable Sir."
Heather said and Avery looked up at you.
"Can you pet the spirit spiders Sir?"
He asked.
He smiled at Avery, "Yes, depending on how manifested they are. If they are solid enough, it's quite easy, since they are roughly this big," he said, holding his hands apart to indicate the size of one of the gafflings.

You did indeed see spirits around, one was a rather large being that looked like a serpent med up of round rocks that moved through the grounds and stopped to look at your party with little black rock eyes, the thing looked extremely grumpy. More happy where a group of little blue imps playing in a garden fountain, they where small, plump and happy and when they noticed you looking at them they came running over and gathered around you.
"Play with us!"
One of them begged.
"Give us treats!"
Another of them said and they all looked at you with these dark blue, waterdrop eyes in the middle of their little waterdrop faces, the imps where incredably cute and they knew how to use it to get what they wanted as they danced around you begging for attention.
He gave the boulder serpent a small nod, as if to say, 'I acknowledge your presence, but I'm not going to bother you', and sighed softly at the little imps, "I'm sorry, little guys, I don't have any suitable treats on me, I'm afraid."
He glanced at the others, "Ah, I'm afraid there are little water spirits surrounding us and begging for treats... I'm unable to not see them, which has its practical and impractical aspects..."

((OOC: So, Morningstar has an Onix in the garden. Razz ))

((OOC: So, Ingmar is like a magical German Dr. House, then? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue 22 May 2018 - 8:44

"They have not been a problem though, the female have just slept and the rat...a bit of fruit kept her busy and now she is sleeping as well...in the fruit bowl in the kitchen. I put up a sign saying there is a rat in a fruit bowl, she is supposed to be there do not hit her with a broom, just to be sure."
Narim informed you.

"Er...it's in rat shape? Good call on the sign..."

Ingmar said to you when he saw you. Jeffry shook his head sadly at what Ingmar was saying then he turned his attention to you. "No not just one thing mea filius but one thing that concerns you directly." He said and frowned as Ingmar begun to help the wounded up to the make shift infirmary. "I get to prove that I am a Verbena healer and not just an angry German asshole, well I guess I get to prove that I am a Verbena healer and an angry German asshole." Rush commented on his way up the stairs.

He nodded to Mr Rush when he commented that no one was dead from their chantry. That was better than he'd hoped for but other chantries had not had the same luck. Taking that Labyrinth hadn't come without the cost of lives. He headed to the security office to be let in and see what the matter was that his pater needed to discuss with him so urgently.

// yup, they basically do have an Onyx. Grumpy rock spirit.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue 22 May 2018 - 9:20

"Hey if you can do magick at all that is a gift right, not everyone have to do fortune telling."
"I do not know much about the Traditions but I am sure there are some leeway for induvidual talents there right?"

"Yeah your right. Not everyone has to follow what their group is known for. I managed to get a handle on some things and not others." Serge said, avoiding mentioning his affinity for altering thoughts and minds.

"Still though....fortune telling. That's so sick! Ahhh I'm just greedy. I want all of the magickal powers!" Serge complained in a joking manner.

"Hum...quite a bit I do not know if it is the place to just list it all, but I know about the war you guys are having with four sides where the Technocrazy is one side and the Traditions another and I will assume the man who kidnapped me is from the Nephandi, you have have different idea of what reality should be right?"
The woman asked.

"That's right. The Technocracy claim that we're monsters. Deviants as they like to say. Those who dare to be different. People that don't follow the way they view how the world should. Close-minded is what they are, to think the world is so limited that it follows one set of rules." Serge said getting increasingly bitter the more he talked about the group that were basically symbolic of everything he hated in the world.

"And the one who caught you was a Nephandus. Their.....well let's just say their much worse. Their idea of what reality should be is so abhorrent that their fighting a two on one battle against us and the Technocracy." Serge informed the women. "And it's not looking good for them. We managed get a victory on them today."

"Yeah there are some memories from what happened that I...that I...it was bad let us just leave it at that...oh my poor family and my boyfriend must be so worried about me."
She muttered and frowned.

"Once your healed and everything is sorted I'm sure we can let you call them. Let them know that your safe." Serge said wondering how true that statement actually was. After all, given her connection with the Technocracy it was likely that the women's mind was going to be altered before she made any such calls.

"That sounds like allot of fun."
Eliza said and smiled.
"When I was a little girl my friends and I would play that game where we takes turns telling a story all the time, especially when we went camping and sat around the camp fire you know."

"Sounds like the game we played." he said with a smile. "I've never been camping. At least, not in real life. Went plenty of times in dreams although I don't think that counts. What's it like? I assume you don't heroically save your group from bears..." Serge asked.

As he talked to the women he took another glance around the room to try and find the man that Mr. Roth Hicks described in his note. The one who mentioned the fish before passing out.

(OOC: Yay the Onix spirit! Do you think it will evolve if we combine it with a steel spirit Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue 22 May 2018 - 10:34

Anja's Post:

Nicole entered the room with a businesslike air, moving towards the desk. Once propping her rifle up against the wall, began her task; not only was she on the hunt for the things mentioned before, but any paperwork which might be of assistance intel-wise...

[So basically searching the room]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next