Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 16 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Sun May 20, 2018 6:46 pm

[Chicago Umbral Port, 4 PM]
"Spook him, I do not understand Sir."
The young Cultist said she seamed rather confused.
Colin shook his head, "Long story; there's something about my Avatar that unnerves Fallen Avatars. It's served me well so far, but I should rather not want to surprise Master Ir's Avatar like that - it's got a reputation, after all."

"That must have been horrible to witness Sir...I do not know what I can do to help your Cabalmate but I can send her a get well card perhaps, but it seams so...inadequate compared to her situation."
Heather muttered.
He smiled, "Even so, I think she might appreciate warm thoughts..."

Avery looked at you sadly for a moment then he nodded and gave you a bitter smile.
"Yeah that is exactly how it is Sir, I see the pity in their eyes, but none of them ask, they just avoid me as if I am some unclean thing, that or even worse they are overfly friendly but I can tell it is all fake you know."
The young Mercere muttered.
"And that sucks, nothing makes me more aware that something is wrong with me that that."
He smiled sadly, giving Avery a light pat on the shoulder, "I can't claim it will become easier... but in time, you'll grow a thicker skin."

Avery smiled just a little and nodded.
"It have to be possible, it would be to cruel if it was not and I have to be alive for when someone manage to put my Avatar back together again or make me a new one...it have to be possible it is the only hope that I have."
He said then he nodded and looked determined.
"Yeah...do that I have not given up Sir...not yet. One day i will use magick again...I will and until then...I have talismans."
Avery said and Felicia smiled a little to the boy but she said nothing.
He smiled secretively, "Yes, prepare for a long life, that's the thing... I'm not yet so skilled as to enchant talismans, myself, but I still do commission work. And I know you might learn Linear magic in the meantime."

"You go through the sequence again, until you get to the fifth floor, then you will be taken back up to the tenth and then you can go down to the first, at least going down we do not have to deal with the Fifth Floor Woman, that you do on the way up."
Felicia said as she begun pressing the buttons. Finally after the sequence was done the elevator finally got back down to the first floor, Felicia looked out the door to check that all was in order then she said.
"Ok...now we can leave."
He nodded, paying close attention to the code, "Not entirely true; the fifth floor woman might decide to show up on the way down, too..."
He smoothly stepped out of the elevator, then headed to the door and poked his head outside, looking for the taxi and holding the door open for the others.

((OOC: By the way, the MacAllister Building is located at 300 North LaSalle - Colin last visited on Thread 17, page 10. Razz The building itself was not named, though. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 16 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 7:02 pm

[Colin] (Chicago Umbra Port at 4 in the afternoon)

Colin shook his head, "Long story; there's something about my Avatar that unnerves Fallen Avatars. It's served me well so far, but I should rather not want to surprise Master Ir's Avatar like that - it's got a reputation, after all."

"That...would probably be wise to avoid yes Sir, Master Ir's Avatar apperantly...did not react very well when a group of Spirit Masters tried to...well you know."
Heather said and frowned.
"It seams your Avatar is quite...special Sir."
She said and smiled.

He smiled, "Even so, I think she might appreciate warm thoughts..."

"I will send her a get well soon card then Sir."
Heather said and smiled a little.
"If you think she will like it."

He smiled sadly, giving Avery a light pat on the shoulder, "I can't claim it will become easier... but in time, you'll grow a thicker skin."

Avery looked down and nodded.
"I...well...maybe Sir...I just wish it did get easier."
He muttered sadly.

He smiled secretively, "Yes, prepare for a long life, that's the thing... I'm not yet so skilled as to enchant talismans, myself, but I still do commission work. And I know you might learn Linear magic in the meantime."

"I have a talisman, and in time I will have more."
Avery said proudly and he found a small silver box from his back pack and showed you.
"I...heard talk that the Chief at Morningstar's apprentice...he was sent from our House as an experiment to see if someone with...my condition could learn hedge magick, and apperantly he is learning that do...give a bit of hope...but I want to one day do Awakened magick again Sir and all I have is the hope that it will one day be possible."
"D...do you think it will one day be possible Sir?"
He asked as if he did not quite manage to believe in his own hope.

He nodded, paying close attention to the code, "Not entirely true; the fifth floor woman might decide to show up on the way down, too..."

"She may but that is not a good sign, generally then it is far harder to get back to physical reality if she decide to show up and one can end up going trhough the sequence quite a few times before getting back."
Felicia said and frowned.

He smoothly stepped out of the elevator, then headed to the door and poked his head outside, looking for the taxi and holding the door open for the others.

There was a maxi taxi driven by a well dressed, handosme young man waiting outside of the building. Everyone got out of the elevator and left the building heading towards the taxi. Outside it was cold and a light dusting of rain greeted you from gray clouds overhead. A tiny water elemental where jumping around on the roof of a neary car, completely ignoring your party.

(OOC: Ohhh now we have an adress and a name for the building, wonderful. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 20, 2018 7:25 pm

"I don't want to be touched...please just leave me be."
The crying woman sobbed.
"I want to go home."

"We'll get you home soon. Soon this will all be over. But if you keep refusing treatment you'll only drag this out longer than it has to be. The sooner you let us help you the sooner we can get you back home and away from all of this." he said sympathetically, trying to appeal to the women's emotion and offering her what she wanted.

(OOC: Yay, let's use Serge's strangely high social stats that I've been neglecting!

Roll: 7, 3, 2, 6, 8, 5)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 pm

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"We'll get you home soon. Soon this will all be over. But if you keep refusing treatment you'll only drag this out longer than it has to be. The sooner you let us help you the sooner we can get you back home and away from all of this." he said sympathetically, trying to appeal to the women's emotion and offering her what she wanted.

"But I...do not want to be touched..."
The woman muttered fearfully then she drew a deep breath and sigh.
"Ok...ok...but you can do nothing without me saying it is ok first...please...what that man did..."
The woman finally agreed and Allison nodded.
"Off course Ma'am, we will do nothing you do not agree to and right now I just want to check your pulse, and see if you have a fever...ok...I am not going to hurt you."
The hedge wizard said softly and the rescued woman nodded and let Allison check her puls and temperature and tuck her into the bed gently.
"Now Dr Wong over there will want to examine you properly but you can say no to anything he propose, but will you at least hear us out before saying no?"
Allison asked and the woman nodded weakly.
"O...ok..."
She muttered hestitently.
"I just want to go home."
She said and started crying softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Anja's Post:

'Scientist Bouchard of Dry Dock... no, Steelhaven.' Nicole replied to the voice, her relieved smile evident to Thorn. 'Sorry, sir - transferred this morning. Assume you've been filled in with the background?' her clear avoidance of using "Sons" marking her as a possible Progressivist.

[Think Nicole's a Disciple rank, yes?]

[New names *bad*. More things to remember!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 8:04 pm

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

'Scientist Bouchard of Dry Dock... no, Steelhaven.' Nicole replied to the voice, her relieved smile evident to Thorn. 'Sorry, sir - transferred this morning. Assume you've been filled in with the background?' her clear avoidance of using "Sons" marking her as a possible Progressivist.

"I have been filled in yes Scientist Bouchard, and I agree with the idea, letting this Technocrat go pose little risk to the Chantries of Boston but do provide us with the chance that eventually he will come to see things our way and we can gain an knowledgable ally."
Haderman said.
"I was told you would have a list of what would be needed to make this thing happen Scientist?"
He asked, his voice was warm but he was clearly a man who like things in order and he was used to his orders being followed.

(OOC: Yes she is a Disciple.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm

"But I...do not want to be touched..."
The woman muttered fearfully then she drew a deep breath and sigh.
"Ok...ok...but you can do nothing without me saying it is ok first...please...what that man did..."
The woman finally agreed and Allison nodded.
"Off course Ma'am, we will do nothing you do not agree to and right now I just want to check your pulse, and see if you have a fever...ok...I am not going to hurt you."
The hedge wizard said softly and the rescued woman nodded and let Allison check her puls and temperature and tuck her into the bed gently.
"Now Dr Wong over there will want to examine you properly but you can say no to anything he propose, but will you at least hear us out before saying no?"
Allison asked and the woman nodded weakly.
"O...ok..."
She muttered hestitently.
"I just want to go home."
She said and started crying softly.

"And you will. You will soon." Serge said softly. "Tell me about your home. Maybe talking about it and remembering it will help with your anxiety. What did it look like?" he said as he pulled out a pencil and paper.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Anja's Post:

'My thoughts exactly... that if he does one day decide to join us, good chance it will be the Society.' Nicole replied, giving another relieved smile. 'Do you have pen and paper ready, sir?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 20, 2018 8:19 pm

[Chicago Umbral Port, 4PM]
"That...would probably be wise to avoid yes Sir, Master Ir's Avatar apperantly...did not react very well when a group of Spirit Masters tried to...well you know."
Heather said and frowned.
"It seams your Avatar is quite...special Sir."
She said and smiled.
Colin grinned, "Last few times someone tried to prod at her unbidden, she hit back... Boston's Senior Quaesitor did not appreciate getting her fingers slapped."

"I will send her a get well soon card then Sir."
Heather said and smiled a little.
"If you think she will like it."
He smiled, "Her name is Beatrice Alexander, but her friends call her Bee."

Avery looked down and nodded.
"I...well...maybe Sir...I just wish it did get easier."
He muttered sadly.
He smiled wryly, "Perhaps you can find it easier with time... I don't know..."

"I have a talisman, and in time I will have more."
Avery said proudly and he found a small silver box from his back pack and showed you.
"I...heard talk that the Chief at Morningstar's apprentice...he was sent from our House as an experiment to see if someone with...my condition could learn hedge magick, and apperantly he is learning that do...give a bit of hope...but I want to one day do Awakened magick again Sir and all I have is the hope that it will one day be possible."
"D...do you think it will one day be possible Sir?"
He asked as if he did not quite manage to believe in his own hope.
He smiled, looking at he box, "That's nice craftsmanship. What does it do?"
He hesitated, just for a moment, "There's a woman, Susannah Florentine, who was Gilguled a while back. She'll be getting a new Avatar soon, perhaps already this week if all goes well... but finding a disembodied Avatar who is willing to..."
He frowned, clutching his little bookbag, "...damn, it's actually possible. Getting your old Avatar back is probably not going to happen; I know of one Avatar that rebuild itself, and that took about 500 years, but it is possible to try to summon a Psychopomp, and it might be able to help find an Avatar ready to incarnate..."
He looked down at Avery, a serious expression on his face, "It just might be feasible, if a powerful enough Mage leads the ritual, but it won't be cheap, and it will take time... you may do well to learn Linear magic in the meantime, and probably learn to craft longevity potions, as well..."

"She may but that is not a good sign, generally then it is far harder to get back to physical reality if she decide to show up and one can end up going trhough the sequence quite a few times before getting back."
He nodded, "So Miss Kelly implied... I don't know if anyone knows why that might happen, though. A natural flux in the Gauntlet, perhaps?"

There was a maxi taxi driven by a well dressed, handosme young man waiting outside of the building. Everyone got out of the elevator and left the building heading towards the taxi. Outside it was cold and a light dusting of rain greeted you from gray clouds overhead. A tiny water elemental where jumping around on the roof of a neary car, completely ignoring your party.
He stepped over to the maxi taxi and nodded to the driver, "Steed, party of four, to 12 North Jacob's Street?"

((OOC: Huh, what's Colin's actual rank, as such? I mean, he's Adept on paper, but in practice, sporting 4 Initiate Spheres and 3 Apprentice Spheres? Major Initiate or something? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Colin grinned, "Last few times someone tried to prod at her unbidden, she hit back... Boston's Senior Quaesitor did not appreciate getting her fingers slapped."

"She seam to know what she will and will not tolerate Sir, but biting back at an Enforcer is that wise?"
Heather asked and Mia scoffed.
"She tried to touch me, I do not feel like being touched by anyone but my host."
You hear the Avatar mutter from inside your soul.

He smiled, "Her name is Beatrice Alexander, but her friends call her Bee."

"That is a really cute name Sir."
Heather said and smiled.
"Ok I will send her a card then, adress it to her at Steelhaven Hall, that Chantry is in an apartment building is it not?"

He smiled wryly, "Perhaps you can find it easier with time... I don't know..."

Avery looked away and nodded.
"Perhaps eventually Sir...but I...doubt it will get easier it have not so far..."

He smiled, looking at he box, "That's nice craftsmanship. What does it do?"

"It lets me feel directions Sir and where I am in relation to other things, it is useful for a messager."
The boy said proudly and he ran his fingers over the tiny silver box lovingly.

He hesitated, just for a moment, "There's a woman, Susannah Florentine, who was Gilguled a while back. She'll be getting a new Avatar soon, perhaps already this week if all goes well... but finding a disembodied Avatar who is willing to..."

"I have met her Sir...she looks like a porcelain doll but she do not talk."
Avery said.
"If...a new soul will actually find her...that is great for her I wish her the best with it."
He said longingly.

He frowned, clutching his little bookbag, "...damn, it's actually possible. Getting your old Avatar back is probably not going to happen; I know of one Avatar that rebuild itself, and that took about 500 years, but it is possible to try to summon a Psychopomp, and it might be able to help find an Avatar ready to incarnate..."

"I...do not understand Sir..."
The boy muttered and looked at you.
"It is my old Avatar I want back I miss her she would talk to me but getting another one would be preferable to this nothingness...what is a Psychopomp though Sir?"
He asked tears welling up in his eyes again.

He looked down at Avery, a serious expression on his face, "It just might be feasible, if a powerful enough Mage leads the ritual, but it won't be cheap, and it will take time... you may do well to learn Linear magic in the meantime, and probably learn to craft longevity potions, as well..."

"I do not know how to learn Linear Magic Sir I do not even know how to start."
"I do try to stay alive but it is hard when I really do not want to...it is hard to eat and I hurt myself at times."
He said frankly and Felicia looked like she wanted to stop the kid blurting things out.

He nodded, "So Miss Kelly implied... I don't know if anyone knows why that might happen, though. A natural flux in the Gauntlet, perhaps?"

"It is possible, or the urban legend around that damned game strengthen the rules and the idea of what they entail and the Fifth Floor Woman is born from that legend, it is hard to know what came first, the chicken or the egg at times."
"All I know is that messing up here can be dangerous and tend to leave a person lost...or dead."

He stepped over to the maxi taxi and nodded to the driver, "Steed, party of four, to 12 North Jacob's Street?"

"Ah yes off course Mr Steed right away."
The driver said and he waited for everyone to get in before he started the car.
"Right through the city is shorter but we are getting closer to rush hours so taking a side rode might end up being faster, what do you prefer Sir."
The man asked in a polite, professional voice, he was young and looked to be perhaps Indian or Pakistani and chances where he where paying for his collage education by working as a taxi driver on the weekends, this theory being strengthned by him quickly putting away a book on biology when your party got to the car, he had been reading while waiting.

(OOC: Yes Major Initiate would be right though many would probably then just see him as an Deciple just like many would see someone with aillot of Master degrees as an Archmage despite not actually having any Archmage degrees directly.)

(OOC 2: What does it do? It is a talisman it is cool that is what it do. Razz )

'My thoughts exactly... that if he does one day decide to join us, good chance it will be the Society.' Nicole replied, giving another relieved smile. 'Do you have pen and paper ready, sir?'

"There is a decent chance of that Scientist, us or the Adepts in either way our side will be strengthened and we will be able to get useful intel out of the man, and even if he do not join perhaps getting him to safety will pursuade more of the Crats that if they have been contaminated as they may say, running is a better option than examination and reprogramming."
The Etherite Deacon agreed.
"I do have pen and paper ready ineed though I have to point out that my memory are quite good."
He anounced.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"And you will. You will soon." Serge said softly. "Tell me about your home. Maybe talking about it and remembering it will help with your anxiety. What did it look like?" he said as he pulled out a pencil and paper.

"Well ehm...it is a shitty little apartment really, me and my boyfriend had to take what we could get, but it is ours and it is home, for now at least, it is a one bedroom flat, old paint we have not been able to aford doing much with it but we plan to spruse it up eventually and sell it and get something better. For now though our lives are pretty good, it is just him and me for now and our little dog Elvis...ehm the hallways have green walls, and the kitchen are yellow, with these ugly green tiles on the floor...I am so painting those...brown perhaps..."
The woman muttered and she smiled a little then she gave you an odd look.
"Why...where you wondering?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 9:51 pm

'Merely that's it's some list, sir.' Nicole replied, hoping it wouldn't be taken as a slight or anything. 'He'll need a couple of sets of clothes - medium. Double that for underwear. Pair of sturdy shoes, size eight men's... broken in, but not worn down if possible. A waterproof coat. Toiletry bag so he can clean up. Hand towel. A passport or driving licence which will hold up to inspection... and some cash. Five hundred, minimum... though the more he gets, the further he can run. Oh, and a holdall or rucksack to put anything else in. Hmm...' thinking if there was anything else he'd need. '-oh, small calibre pistol with a spare clip and a decent multi-tool like a Swiss Army. Don't worry, sir; I'll put the weapon at the bottom of the bag so he'll only find it once he's long gone.' looking to Thorn to see if he could think of anything else.

[Orphans have ranks?]

[Think the Mirrorshade was an eight...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 10:19 pm

'Merely that's it's some list, sir.' Nicole replied, hoping it wouldn't be taken as a slight or anything.

"Very well, I do have the pen and paper here if it is needed."
The Deacon said he did not sound insulted he was just stating a fact.

'He'll need a couple of sets of clothes - medium. Double that for underwear. Pair of sturdy shoes, size eight men's... broken in, but not worn down if possible. A waterproof coat. Toiletry bag so he can clean up. Hand towel. A passport or driving licence which will hold up to inspection... and some cash. Five hundred, minimum... though the more he gets, the further he can run. Oh, and a holdall or rucksack to put anything else in. Hmm...' thinking if there was anything else he'd need. '-oh, small calibre pistol with a spare clip or two. After all, not fair to let him run without giving him the chance to fight back if the Union try to take him in. Don't worry, sir; I'll put the weapon at the bottom of the bag so he'll only find it once he's long gone.' looking to Thorn to see if he could think of anything else.

"Sounds resonable enough Scientist, I should be able to spare 500 but my Chantry is not rich so how much more I can manage to get him I do not know, some of my pepole might need medical care after healing have been performed and that is not cheap."
Haderman said.
"The weapon seam resonable enough and if he should kill and injure any Crats in the process then all the better but do what you said and put it at the bottom of the bag I do not want you and the two Verbena injured...as for papers I will need a photograph of the man and I will deal with the rest. I can send a messanger with the filled sack to your location in half an hour or so, I should be able to have everything prepared by then."
The Deacon said.
"A first aid kit would probably be useful as well."
Thorn said in a hushed tone of voice as you spoke with the older Etherite.
"Perhaps a blanket if he have to sleep outside at any point and on the run he might."

(OOC: Not as such but they do have the Tradition ranking system which is what the Spheres are. Tradition mages do not go around and think I am an Deciple of Forces, they might think I have learned to work with the inner order manifestation of Mars allowing me control over fire. However the Sphere rankings where made to give mages of different Traditions an idea of where on the pecking order they where located and so to be considered an Adept of Forces for example you have to be able to control greater forces, and to be an Adept of Life you have to be able to shapeshift, and Orphans fit into that system as well, so do all mages trust me especially Hermetics loves ranking pepole and measuring one another's magickal abiltiies.)

(OOC 2: He was an eight indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Anja's Post:

'Good point... though as a auto shop a kit should be around somewhere. And if you've gotta sleep outside you never do it at night.' Nicole softly replied to Thorn. 'Thank you, sir. We can get a photo of the man done for you in a couple of minutes and sent to a cell [phone]; it also means we can see what items we've got on-hand here.'

[I did a sneak-edit and added a Swiss Army: the bread-and-butter instrument for any technomancer in Nicole's book. Can't see the Doctor objecting to that].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 10:45 pm

'Good point... though as a auto shop a kit should be around somewhere.

"We can see if we can find one, if not Violet and me do have some supplies, at least some bandages and antiseptic wash, which really is the most important thing...hum...ah yes a travel sewing kit if he need to make any repairs to his clothes or in a pinch himself, having one of hand is always useful."
Thorn said.

And if you've gotta sleep outside you never do it at night.' Nicole softly replied to Thorn. '

Thorn just nodded his agreement to this.

'Thank you, sir. We can get a photo of the man done for you in a couple of minutes and sent to a cell [phone]; it also means we can see what items we've got on-hand here.'

"Very well Scientist Bouchard, the photo is the most urget as I need that before I can start working on his papers, then you can let me know what from the list you will not need when you see what you got on hand."
The Etherite Deacon agreed.
"Anything else then Scientist?"

(OOC: That works well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 10:48 pm

'Think that is everything... will keep you informed, sir.' Nicole replied, then offered the phone to Thorn.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 pm

"Well ehm...it is a shitty little apartment really, me and my boyfriend had to take what we could get, but it is ours and it is home, for now at least, it is a one bedroom flat, old paint we have not been able to aford doing much with it but we plan to spruse it up eventually and sell it and get something better. For now though our lives are pretty good, it is just him and me for now and our little dog Elvis...ehm the hallways have green walls, and the kitchen are yellow, with these ugly green tiles on the floor...I am so painting those...brown perhaps..."
The woman muttered and she smiled a little then she gave you an odd look.
"Why...where you wondering?"

"Wait, hold on..." Serge said as the women's question was answered when his pencil began its graceful dance over the page. He began drawing the apartment according to the women's description. A small apartment with a homely feel within it. "It's amazing when you think about it. Humans can make anything feel like home. No matter how small or dirty. It just needs to hold some sort of meaning and feeling of comfort." he began saying as he drew the picture, this time adding in the kitchen and the hallways.

He took some creative liberties with the small amount of information given. He added a small dog barking at a man in front of the oven, as if wanting whatever food was cooking up there. He drew the back of the women's boyfriend cooking at said oven, his face was hidden away (mostly because Serge didn't know what he looked like).

"Something like this?" Serge asked as he turned the page around and showed the women. "I might've gotten some stuff wrong."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 pm

[Chicago's Umbral Port, 4PM]
"She seam to know what she will and will not tolerate Sir, but biting back at an Enforcer is that wise?"
Heather asked and Mia scoffed.
"She tried to touch me, I do not feel like being touched by anyone but my host."
You hear the Avatar mutter from inside your soul.
Colin shrugged, "When the Enforcer tries to prod at my Avatar with neither my consent nor a legal verdict to do so... I think I'll be fine. it's not like I could climb any higher on her personal shit list in any case, and I do believe the Hermetic prohibition against scrying might apply..."

"That is a really cute name Sir."
Heather said and smiled.
"Ok I will send her a card then, adress it to her at Steelhaven Hall, that Chantry is in an apartment building is it not?"
He nodded, "Used to be a boarding school, I believe, before Master Steelhaven bought and refurbished it."

"It lets me feel directions Sir and where I am in relation to other things, it is useful for a messager."
The boy said proudly and he ran his fingers over the tiny silver box lovingly.
He nodded thoughtfully, "A little like Jack Sparrow's compass in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, guiding you to what you want..."

"I have met her Sir...she looks like a porcelain doll but she do not talk."
Avery said.
"If...a new soul will actually find her...that is great for her I wish her the best with it."
He said longingly.
He smiled, "A new Avatar has, in fact, found her... it's a little miracle."

"I...do not understand Sir..."
The boy muttered and looked at you.
"It is my old Avatar I want back I miss her she would talk to me but getting another one would be preferable to this nothingness...what is a Psychopomp though Sir?"
He asked tears welling up in his eyes again.
He frowned, "A Psychopomp is a spirit that used to bring Avatars to the Magi in which they would incarnate - they haven't in a long while, though, but if one could be called, it might help bring in a new Avatar..."

"I do not know how to learn Linear Magic Sir I do not even know how to start."
"I do try to stay alive but it is hard when I really do not want to...it is hard to eat and I hurt myself at times."
He said frankly and Felicia looked like she wanted to stop the kid blurting things out.
He smiled thinly, "Nobody knows where to start, really, everyone needs a little help to get started... and Morningstar has a very skilled and experienced man able to show you the path."

"It is possible, or the urban legend around that damned game strengthen the rules and the idea of what they entail and the Fifth Floor Woman is born from that legend, it is hard to know what came first, the chicken or the egg at times."
"All I know is that messing up here can be dangerous and tend to leave a person lost...or dead."
He nodded, "The chicken and the egg - that's the easy one; the first chicken hatched from an egg, but the first egg was not laid by a chicken... when spirits get involved, time and causality is nowhere near as linear or predictable."

"Ah yes off course Mr Steed right away."
The driver said and he waited for everyone to get in before he started the car.
"Right through the city is shorter but we are getting closer to rush hours so taking a side rode might end up being faster, what do you prefer Sir."
The man asked in a polite, professional voice, he was young and looked to be perhaps Indian or Pakistani and chances where he where paying for his collage education by working as a taxi driver on the weekends, this theory being strengthned by him quickly putting away a book on biology when your party got to the car, he had been reading while waiting.
He glanced at Heather, "Well, you're the one who lives in Chicago, what do you think sounds quicker?"
He paused for a moment, "Wait, rush traffic on a Sunday?"

((OOC: I guess it would be more accurate to say that Traditionalist Orphans have ranks if they can be arsed to get a ranking exam from someone. Razz Kind of a necessity for the Traditions to approve of them taking on apprentices, at least. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 21, 2018 5:33 am

"That is ok Sir but I do not want to talk here where there are so many others."
Cecilia said a bit nervously.

"Understandable. I'm not making you do it now, and precautions might be wise, yes."

"Or get it absolutely perfect, the forces you wield are after all supposed to obey you not the other way around Sodalis." Darrian said sounding amused.

"Maybe I like burnt toast..." he said with a bit more of a smile.

"I understand that must be though, but Boston university is a large place did you think yourself, Mr Von Hess and Miss Olson where the only Awakened there?"
Narim said then he sigh. "That sounded cold I am so sorry off course it will be hard for you to go back with what have happened to Miss Larson and Mr Lenoe, at least he might be back to work eventually when things settle down and it will be safe for him to be released."

"It's one thing to know they're 'out there somewhere' and another to know for sure which individuals they are and seeing bad things happening to them, you know?"

"They are stretched pretty thin downstairs yes, we have had to drug all the prisoners to make is possible for so few to guard them, not humane but there where no other choice." Narim said and frowned. "But I am concerned about you Adley you look rather pale if you do not mind me saying."

He frowned a little. His brother was down there too, after all. Though he doubted anyone was going to complain about sedating the loudmouth would be Nephandic opera singer. "Yeah, I suppose I probably don't look so great. Others have been hurt worse, so while I'm still able to stand upright I should help, right?"

"Very well I will wait though I would hug you no matter how much you might need a bath I am just glad you are back safe." Narim said and he smiled a little.

"Thanks, but I really do need a change. And about ten showers."

"Thank you I suposse that would be more practical, as it is now my bathroom I have made safe from sunlight but until it is evening the door can not be opened so I would have to teleport in, and I would not want to relieve myself where someone could see me anyway." Narim said thinking of the practical reason to accept your offer.
"She is in allot of pain, I have not released her yet, Jeffry would not like that and we do not know who she is, I have made sure she is as comportable as possible though, given her a pillow and a blanket and put on the heating in the floor tiles as far as they can go, she seamed so cold, in her present state though she is not dangerous but if you wish I will not go near her again until your Mentor have talked with her and figured out if we can let her go or...well if she have to be dealt with."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

"You already have my keys I think, so you're good, but I can let you in," he said. "Yes, my pater won't let her be released from confinement but we'll have to figure out why she was there if we can. She may not be dangerous now but she's an unknown and besides, you're going to need a restroom."

"Teleporting inside the Chantry is not so much of a problem but yes you are right your solution is the most simple one. Your Mentor will have to discuss with you the time for the prisoner transport though, I am sorry he told me not to discuss it with anyone for any reason."
Narim said sounding a bit apologetic.

"I will be told if I need to be told, otherwise such things are not my business. I just wanted to keep her safe from such sights so it will need to be coordinated."

"Well you are welcome to it at any point in time, but if we decided to use your room I guess it is me who get to test out your sofa if I where going to stay there until the vampire woman can be moved safely." Narim said and smiled a little. "I guess the hedge wizard is safely enough placed for now then and we can get her somewhere more permanent to stay later."

"I don't have a sofa...you've been in my apartment before, haven't you? I have very little furniture, it's not set up for entertaining people or having guests. Don't worry, I've got a sleeping bag I'll use or something, for whenever I get to sleep," he shrugged. Sleep clearly seemed like something he wanted to do but at the same time saw as happening at some hazy point in the near future. And by that point passing out on the floor would do. "At any rate, yes we can figure out details later, I just don't like the thought of a prisoner holed up in your bathroom and you sleeping next door."

"You usually do have something to burn Adley I guess you do live up to your House." Narim said then he carefully put his arms around you, he was a little bit shorter than you and a bit softer, not spending quite a bit of time regularly sparring as your Mentor expected you to do. Narim said nothing he just held you, letting you talk if you wanted to or not depending on what you needed, he just held you glad to have you back in one piece.

He didn't want to talk - he'd talked a lot, cast a lot of spells, seen a lot of shit and it was nice just to have a minute or two of silence that wasn't weird or filled with worry and trepidation and violence. It would be too easy to just stand there in a moment of happiness and then drift off to asleep, too though and he couldn't yet. "I guess  I should head back down, see if my pater's gotten back, then see if I've got new orders...or yeah...I have so much I want to tell you but I'm tired. I'm just glad you're ok."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 21, 2018 9:19 am

Colin shrugged, "When the Enforcer tries to prod at my Avatar with neither my consent nor a legal verdict to do so... I think I'll be fine. it's not like I could climb any higher on her personal shit list in any case, and I do believe the Hermetic prohibition against scrying might apply..."

"I see well se certinly should not have done that Sir."
Heather said then she shook her head.
"I do not think the Hermetic law against scrying apply to non Hermetics though but een so she had no right to touch your Avatar without your consent Sir."

He nodded, "Used to be a boarding school, I believe, before Master Steelhaven bought and refurbished it."

"So was Morningstar once Sir."
The young Cultist said and smiled.
"It should not be to hard to find where to send the card then."

He nodded thoughtfully, "A little like Jack Sparrow's compass in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, guiding you to what you want..."

"Not exactly Sir, it lets me know my position in relation to things so I can know how far away I am from a building for example or where the right way to go to get to a certain adress are."
The young Mercere explained.

He smiled, "A new Avatar has, in fact, found her... it's a little miracle."

"That is wonderful to hear Sir."
Avery said and smiled then his smile faded showing bottomless sadness.
"I just wish somethig like that would happen to me as well."

He frowned, "A Psychopomp is a spirit that used to bring Avatars to the Magi in which they would incarnate - they haven't in a long while, though, but if one could be called, it might help bring in a new Avatar..."

"So they are like guides for Avatars Sir? The question is then where one might find one, and how to contact them and ask them to bring me an new Avatar."
The young Mercere asked now looking a little hopeful.

He smiled thinly, "Nobody knows where to start, really, everyone needs a little help to get started... and Morningstar has a very skilled and experienced man able to show you the path."

"Do you think the Chief would show me how to do hedge magic Sir?"
Avery asked.
"I do not own much to repay him with."

He nodded, "The chicken and the egg - that's the easy one; the first chicken hatched from an egg, but the first egg was not laid by a chicken... when spirits get involved, time and causality is nowhere near as linear or predictable."

Felicia ndded at that.
"Yes I imagine it might be something complicated to make my head hurt like that Sir."
She said as the elevator stopped at the first floor.

He glanced at Heather, "Well, you're the one who lives in Chicago, what do you think sounds quicker?"
He paused for a moment, "Wait, rush traffic on a Sunday?"

"I think it should be fine to go thorugh the city Sir, but even on a Sunday there is always a fair bit of traffic, especially around four and five when shift workers get of work, many hospitals for example change their shifts at four, then then bring in the night shift at ten so that you have several, overlapping shifts."
Heather explained.
"But since it is Sunday going through the city should be fine."

'Think that is everything... will keep you informed, sir.' Nicole replied, then offered the phone to Thorn.

"Thank you Scientist Bouchard if this plan works out as intended I will make sure you get credit, good day."
Haderman said politely before Thorn took over.
"Ok Sir I should help get things ready here...ok...ok I will call you back then. Good day to you Sir."
The Verbena said and hung up then he looked at you and smiled a little.
"Well that was Master Haderman one of the Deacons at Westchapel...anyway I should do what I can for the guy's health if you and Violet look for supplies ok?"
He asked.

"Wait, hold on..." Serge said as the women's question was answered when his pencil began its graceful dance over the page. He began drawing the apartment according to the women's description. A small apartment with a homely feel within it. "It's amazing when you think about it. Humans can make anything feel like home. No matter how small or dirty. It just needs to hold some sort of meaning and feeling of comfort." he began saying as he drew the picture, this time adding in the kitchen and the hallways.

"Well the apartment is not dirty, I make sure of that but it is small and old and worn and cheap, but the most important thing is that I share it with my boyfriend, and with Elvis."
The woman said and smiled.
"And like I said one day we will get a better place and perhaps start a family."

He took some creative liberties with the small amount of information given. He added a small dog barking at a man in front of the oven, as if wanting whatever food was cooking up there. He drew the back of the women's boyfriend cooking at said oven, his face was hidden away (mostly because Serge didn't know what he looked like).

"Something like this?" Serge asked as he turned the page around and showed the women. "I might've gotten some stuff wrong."

"Yeah it is not to bad...the kitchen is it's own little room insead of the more modern with incloding it in the living space...the hallway have a little bent to it where the door to the bedroom is and the Elvis is a spaniel, but yes something like that."
She said and smiled a little.
"You are an artist then?"

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Understandable. I'm not making you do it now, and precautions might be wise, yes."

"I would prefer if I could talk with you or your teacher privatly about it, I am sorry for the hassle."
Cecilia said and looked at little nervous.

"Maybe I like burnt toast..." he said with a bit more of a smile.

"Well that would be fitting food for a Flambeau."
Narim said with a wry smile.

"It's one thing to know they're 'out there somewhere' and another to know for sure which individuals they are and seeing bad things happening to them, you know?"

"I know off course that is different and I am sorry for my comment. I guess I am so used to having other kinds of Awakened on my contact lists I forget not everyone interact with the regularly."
The Virtual Adept said apologetically.
"Will you be okey going back to work Adley?"

He frowned a little. His brother was down there too, after all. Though he doubted anyone was going to complain about sedating the loudmouth would be Nephandic opera singer. "Yeah, I suppose I probably don't look so great. Others have been hurt worse, so while I'm still able to stand upright I should help, right?"

Narim seamed to know what you where worried about it was not to hard to guess.
"Your brother is fine but when all the Fallen started freaking out when the Aswadim arrived the first of them where sedated, Kyle did not want it done with drugs though it scared him so that new Cultist...Mr Yager was called him, made him sleep with a spell, he was not harmed in any way."
The Technomancer assured you then he sigh and nodded.
"I guess that go for both of us, we have to help out while we can, but I am allowed to worry about you am I not?"
He asked and he gave you a little smile.

"Thanks, but I really do need a change. And about ten showers."

"Well yes you do need that but I want to hug you anyway."
Narim said and grinned.

"You already have my keys I think, so you're good, but I can let you in," he said. "Yes, my pater won't let her be released from confinement but we'll have to figure out why she was there if we can. She may not be dangerous now but she's an unknown and besides, you're going to need a restroom."

"I do have your keys, do you need them back?"
Narim asked then he nodded.
"I suppose when it is night and she wakes up she can be held down with magick or strong chains and the stake can be removed and we can talk with her, find out who she is then the Chief can decide what to do with her."

"I will be told if I need to be told, otherwise such things are not my business. I just wanted to keep her safe from such sights so it will need to be coordinated."

"Off course I can let you know right before it happens, and I would share it all with you but Jeffry is my Cabalmate and when it comes to security he knows more than me."
Narim said and sigh.
"One thing about that though I think that when we more Miss Clearwater...Mr Karyak might become a problem, he have sort of adopted her, perhaps he should be talked to beforehad and informed that we are going to have to send her to Horizon for trial."
The Virtual Adept gave a concerned frown at that.

"I don't have a sofa...you've been in my apartment before, haven't you? I have very little furniture, it's not set up for entertaining people or having guests. Don't worry, I've got a sleeping bag I'll use or something, for whenever I get to sleep," he shrugged. Sleep clearly seemed like something he wanted to do but at the same time saw as happening at some hazy point in the near future. And by that point passing out on the floor would do.

Narim thought back then he nodded.
"Ah yes...of course I remember, well no problem I can bring a few blankets you have been in battle and should take the bed I will be fine on the floor."
He said and smiled.
"Your apartment is very practical, set up for giving you space to do your rituals yes?"

"At any rate, yes we can figure out details later, I just don't like the thought of a prisoner holed up in your bathroom and you sleeping next door."

"There are few things in this world less dangerous than a staked vampire, they are as still as if put into a Gauntlet prison, but I would not want to go in and out of the room doing what one do in a bathroom where she have no choice but to watch it would be embarashing and most inproper."
Narim said and his expresion showed that such inpropriety shocked him just to think about.
"But yes we can figure out the details later."

He didn't want to talk - he'd talked a lot, cast a lot of spells, seen a lot of shit and it was nice just to have a minute or two of silence that wasn't weird or filled with worry and trepidation and violence. It would be too easy to just stand there in a moment of happiness and then drift off to asleep, too though and he couldn't yet. "I guess I should head back down, see if my pater's gotten back, then see if I've got new orders...or yeah...I have so much I want to tell you but I'm tired. I'm just glad you're ok."

Narim was slient for a moment then he nodded.
"And I have to get back to the computer in case anyone need to be teleported out of danger...duty calls eh."
He whispered then he smiled a little.
"You can tell me everything when this is all over, what if when your duty and mine are done, before we do to that dinner, we just sit and you can talk and tell me thing or not, until you fall asleep and I will watch over you, make sure you are safe while you rest."
He offered softly and gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead, not minding the grime.
"I guess saving the world is not quite done yet."
He said regretfully.
"I am just glad you are back safe Adley I do not want to loose you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 21, 2018 10:38 am

[Chicago Umbra Port, 4PM]
"I see well se certinly should not have done that Sir."
Heather said then she shook her head.
"I do not think the Hermetic law against scrying apply to non Hermetics though but een so she had no right to touch your Avatar without your consent Sir."
Colin nodded, "It's a flimsy legal argument, but I think it holds up well enough to earn her a small reprimand for seizing the opportunity like that."

"So was Morningstar once Sir."
The young Cultist said and smiled.
"It should not be to hard to find where to send the card then."
He smiled, "I'm sure the Mercere will be able to find her more reliably than USPS."

"Not exactly Sir, it lets me know my position in relation to things so I can know how far away I am from a building for example or where the right way to go to get to a certain adress are."
The young Mercere explained.
He nodded thoughtfully, "So more like the GPS version of that, then... I like it, it's a neat trick."

"That is wonderful to hear Sir."
Avery said and smiled then his smile faded showing bottomless sadness.
"I just wish somethig like that would happen to me as well."
He smiled thinly, "Well, don't give up hope in the meantime - just because it's rare doesn't mean it won't happen to you."

"So they are like guides for Avatars Sir? The question is then where one might find one, and how to contact them and ask them to bring me an new Avatar."
The young Mercere asked now looking a little hopeful.
He nodded, "Something like that, yes... I happen to just have acquired a spell to summon one such being; I acquired a book containing it from... the most unexpected of places, to put it mildly. I'm going to have to study it, possibly do some translation work, but if I manage to contact one, I will keep you in mind. I can't promise to summon a Psychopomp for you, but getting a copy of the spell to you so you can barter with someone more powerful than me to call one should certainly be feasible."

"Do you think the Chief would show me how to do hedge magic Sir?"
Avery asked.
"I do not own much to repay him with."
He nodded, "I think he might do so out of sympathy - which is not the same as pity; far from it - and I think he'll be willing to accept a future favour in exchange."
He smiled, "It always pays off to be in good standing with a capable courier, after all."

Felicia ndded at that.
"Yes I imagine it might be something complicated to make my head hurt like that Sir."
She said as the elevator stopped at the first floor.
He smiled wryly, "You should have seen the temporal loops I've been whirled through this week... I think I must've changed the future half a dozen times by relying on information I obtained in the months and years to come. Good thing, too, really - I'm busy improving the lots of a few people, plus it helped take down the two Labyrinths trying to end the world today."

"I think it should be fine to go thorugh the city Sir, but even on a Sunday there is always a fair bit of traffic, especially around four and five when shift workers get of work, many hospitals for example change their shifts at four, then then bring in the night shift at ten so that you have several, overlapping shifts."
Heather explained.
"But since it is Sunday going through the city should be fine."
He nodded and turned back to the driver, "Straight through the city should be fine, as the lady says. I notice you seem to be a college student. Medicine, perhaps?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 am

"Well the apartment is not dirty, I make sure of that but it is small and old and worn and cheap, but the most important thing is that I share it with my boyfriend, and with Elvis."
The woman said and smiled.
"And like I said one day we will get a better place and perhaps start a family."

"That's nice. I'm sure you'll get your wish and I'm sure you'd make a great mom!" Serge said enthusiastically as he continued to draw, thinking that after the things the women has suffered she deserved some good karma in the future.

Wanting to keep the women talking about herself and Serge asked, "Have you and your boyfriend been together for a long time?"

"Yeah it is not to bad...the kitchen is it's own little room instead of the more modern with incloding it in the living space...the hallway have a little bent to it where the door to the bedroom is and the Elvis is a spaniel, but yes something like that."
She said and smiled a little.
"You are an artist then?"

"That's right. I carry at least 5 drawing utensils on me at all times, sometimes more." Serge said with a smile as he began making the modification to the drawing. "It's just a small habit I've worked on non-stop for 17 years." he added jokingly.

He made the modification to the kitchen and the hallway, adding a little room and modernizing the former and slightly bending the latter. Once he knew the dogs breed he erased his previous incarnation and replaced it with a spaniel....although he did make one interesting modification.

When the women made mention that her dog's name was Elvis, Serge couldn't help but imagine a tiny dog in an Elvis costume. So that's what he created. The dog he drew wore a dog-version of the classic Elvis suit and even had the hair and rocking sunglasses.

"How about now? Warning, I may have made a slight modification to your dog." Serge asked stifling a laugh as he wondered how the women would react to her dog Elvis dressed up as Elvis.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Colin nodded, "It's a flimsy legal argument, but I think it holds up well enough to earn her a small reprimand for seizing the opportunity like that."

"Perhaps so Sir, I am afraid I am no expert on Hermetic law."
Heather said apologetically.

He smiled, "I'm sure the Mercere will be able to find her more reliably than USPS."

"The Mercere do seam to be really good at finding everyone they are delivering mail to yes Sir."
The young Cultist agreed and smiled.

He nodded thoughtfully, "So more like the GPS version of that, then... I like it, it's a neat trick."

"I like it to Sir."
Avery said and he fondly ran his fingers over the little box.
"That is what I was best at before...before...that happened, what you might call Correspondence."
The boy said and he smiled sadly.
"The strange thing is that a Quesitor had come to House Verditius and comissioned the box from them, having it delivered to me spesifically, it was sent to me by name, I know sometimes donations of talismans are made to our House but this was for me particularly..."
The boy said and he had clearly not connected the dots yet and that was probably for the best.

He smiled thinly, "Well, don't give up hope in the meantime - just because it's rare doesn't mean it won't happen to you."

"I...will not give up hope Sir...I will not."
Avery promised though he looked very sad.
"At least I will try."

He nodded, "Something like that, yes... I happen to just have acquired a spell to summon one such being; I acquired a book containing it from... the most unexpected of places, to put it mildly. I'm going to have to study it, possibly do some translation work, but if I manage to contact one, I will keep you in mind. I can't promise to summon a Psychopomp for you, but getting a copy of the spell to you so you can barter with someone more powerful than me to call one should certainly be feasible."

"Thank you Sir...I will try to find a way to repay you, perhaps there is at least hope that one day one of these spirits you speak of can be summoned and it can bring a new Avatar to me, perhaps there is some hope at least."
Avery said and he smiled a little bit.

He nodded, "I think he might do so out of sympathy - which is not the same as pity; far from it - and I think he'll be willing to accept a future favour in exchange."
He smiled, "It always pays off to be in good standing with a capable courier, after all."

"I agree Sir, sympathy and compassion is not the same as pity, I have nothing against giving or recieving sympathy, pity is something else...I could ask the Chief if he could teach me, it is worth a try at least, if my Mentor will let me."
Avery said and Felicia nodded.
"If it can make you happier child then I have no problem but I would have to discuss it with the Chief of Morningstar first, I do not want you to get your hopes up if he can not teach you kid."
She said fondly and patted the boy on the shoulder.

He smiled wryly, "You should have seen the temporal loops I've been whirled through this week... I think I must've changed the future half a dozen times by relying on information I obtained in the months and years to come. Good thing, too, really - I'm busy improving the lots of a few people, plus it helped take down the two Labyrinths trying to end the world today."

"It sounds like you have gifts then Mr Wainwright that are both quite useful and quite confusing. I am glad you managed to help take down those Labyrinths though, I have heard about the situation in Boston and Chicago."
Felicia said and nodded.

He nodded and turned back to the driver, "Straight through the city should be fine, as the lady says. I notice you seem to be a college student. Medicine, perhaps?"

"Right though the city as you wish Sir."
The driver said as he got the card in motion.
"That is correct Sir I study medicine which unfortunatly is not cheap."
The driver said and you saw him smile in the rear view mirror.

"That's nice. I'm sure you'll get your wish and I'm sure you'd make a great mom!" Serge said enthusiastically as he continued to draw, thinking that after the things the women has suffered she deserved some good karma in the future.

"Thank you...ehm...what are your name by the way? My name is Eliza Hennedy."
The woman said and she gave you a tired smile.
"But yes I do hope you are right.

Wanting to keep the women talking about herself and Serge asked, "Have you and your boyfriend been together for a long time?"

"We have been together for five years and have been living together for three years."
Eliza said.
"So for a little while now yes."

"That's right. I carry at least 5 drawing utensils on me at all times, sometimes more." Serge said with a smile as he began making the modification to the drawing. "It's just a small habit I've worked on non-stop for 17 years." he added jokingly.

"That reminds me of my mom, she always have her knitting basket with her, and when she have time, waiting for something to get done on the oven or she wait for the bus or anything she is knitting, always knitting."
The woman said and smiled a little.

He made the modification to the kitchen and the hallway, adding a little room and modernizing the former and slightly bending the latter. Once he knew the dogs breed he erased his previous incarnation and replaced it with a spaniel....although he did make one interesting modification.

When the women made mention that her dog's name was Elvis, Serge couldn't help but imagine a tiny dog in an Elvis costume. So that's what he created. The dog he drew wore a dog-version of the classic Elvis suit and even had the hair and rocking sunglasses.

"How about now? Warning, I may have made a slight modification to your dog." Serge asked stifling a laugh as he wondered how the women would react to her dog Elvis dressed up as Elvis.

"Oh my he would hate that he even hate it when I put a bow on his collar for Christmas and such."
The young woman said and she giggeled.
"But that outfit looks so adorable, and the apartment is great, you have allot of talent kid."
She said as she looked at the drawing.
"Do you work with art as your job?"

(OOC: Be warned I might have made some modifications to your dog would be allot more scary if a Progenitor said it. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 21, 2018 12:40 pm

[Chicago Umbra Port, 4PM]
"Perhaps so Sir, I am afraid I am no expert on Hermetic law."
Heather said apologetically.
Colin smiled, "Me neither, but I've been warned of enough potential trespasses that I've got a good idea of the rough guidelines."

"I like it to Sir."
Avery said and he fondly ran his fingers over the little box.
"That is what I was best at before...before...that happened, what you might call Correspondence."
The boy said and he smiled sadly.
"The strange thing is that a Quesitor had come to House Verditius and comissioned the box from them, having it delivered to me spesifically, it was sent to me by name, I know sometimes donations of talismans are made to our House but this was for me particularly..."
The boy said and he had clearly not connected the dots yet and that was probably for the best.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I... think perhaps someone wanted you to know that not all Quaesitors are cold and ruthless. My own lawyer, for example, is a kindly old lady who always fights tooth and nail for the underdogs."

"I...will not give up hope Sir...I will not."
Avery promised though he looked very sad.
"At least I will try."
He smiled thinly, "Just keep fighting... it's all anyone can ask."

"Thank you Sir...I will try to find a way to repay you, perhaps there is at least hope that one day one of these spirits you speak of can be summoned and it can bring a new Avatar to me, perhaps there is some hope at least."
Avery said and he smiled a little bit.
He nodded, "It's far better than no glimmer of hope at all, at least, however slim it might be..."

"It sounds like you have gifts then Mr Wainwright that are both quite useful and quite confusing. I am glad you managed to help take down those Labyrinths though, I have heard about the situation in Boston and Chicago."
Felicia said and nodded.
He grinned wryly, "Gifts, yes... Future me cheats like there's no tomorrow. Which, I'll acknowledge, if he hadn't... won't... both, really... well, if not, there might not have been a tomorrow."

"Right though the city as you wish Sir."
The driver said as he got the card in motion.
"That is correct Sir I study medicine which unfortunatly is not cheap."
The driver said and you saw him smile in the rear view mirror.
He nodded, making sure everyone had their seatbelts on, "A commendable profession. So, paying the way all on your own, or were you fortunate enough to secure a scholarship?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Colin smiled, "Me neither, but I've been warned of enough potential trespasses that I've got a good idea of the rough guidelines."

Heather smiled a little at that.
"Well I hope you manage to get out of any legal issues Sir."
She said politely.

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I... think perhaps someone wanted you to know that not all Quaesitors are cold and ruthless. My own lawyer, for example, is a kindly old lady who always fights tooth and nail for the underdogs."

"Perhaps so, Quesitors are a little scary but it is not like they can hurt me more than they already did."
Avery said bitterly.
"I am afraid of meeting any of those six monsters again though I do not want to ever see them again ever...ever!"
He declared and started shaking just from the thought.

He smiled thinly, "Just keep fighting... it's all anyone can ask."

"There is little else to do than lay down and die...and while I want to die most of the time there are still some things I enjoy about life...though I at times feel guilty about enjoying anything when my Avatar is dead."
The boy whispered and looked down.

He nodded, "It's far better than no glimmer of hope at all, at least, however slim it might be..."

"Yes Sir a little bit of hope is better than no hope at all."
The young Mercere said and sigh.
"It is all that keep me going."

He grinned wryly, "Gifts, yes... Future me cheats like there's no tomorrow. Which, I'll acknowledge, if he hadn't... won't... both, really... well, if not, there might not have been a tomorrow."

"Cheating is at times both allowed and neccesary Mr Wainwright though I fear you might one day run into a certain old man who disagree with me on that point, I am certinly glad that we will have a tomorrow."
Felicia said and grinned.

He nodded, making sure everyone had their seatbelts on, "A commendable profession. So, paying the way all on your own, or were you fortunate enough to secure a scholarship?"

Everyone had their seatbelts on and Felicia turned Avery's game on and put it into the boy's hands, at times he clearly needed to be set to do something not to get to passive. The driver smiled a little and shook his head.
"I am not that fortunate I am afraid, so I work to make sure my loan will not completely bury me by the time my studies are done, but yes the profession are a calling, and it is a calling not only for those born into a wealthy family I think."
He said as he drove through the city, you so pepole out on Sunday walks, ice cream shops trying to sell out the last of their stock before autumn really set in and the regular hustle and bustle you might expect, here and there where spirits as well going about their bussiness, one strange creature made up of fallen leaves in a somewhat animal like form noticed you looking at it and he sort of barked at you happily, no one else seamed to notice the fallen leaf dog though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 21, 2018 3:03 pm

"I would prefer if I could talk with you or your teacher privatly about it, I am sorry for the hassle."
Cecilia said and looked at little nervous.

"That's fine," he said, not seeming perturbed by it, at least not right then.

"I know off course that is different and I am sorry for my comment. I guess I am so used to having other kinds of Awakened on my contact lists I forget not everyone interact with the regularly." The Virtual Adept said apologetically. "Will you be okey going back to work Adley?"

"I was still a bit naive I guess but yeah I tended to keep to our circle. Other mages are dangerous after all and well, so are many others. I don't know if I'll be ok at work, probably not for a while, but I'll have to pretend. Everything is different now. But at least we're still here."

"Your brother is fine but when all the Fallen started freaking out when the Aswadim arrived the first of them where sedated, Kyle did not want it done with drugs though it scared him so that new Cultist...Mr Yager was called him, made him sleep with a spell, he was not harmed in any way."
The Technomancer assured you then he sigh and nodded.

"Oh right, I remember..."

"I guess that go for both of us, we have to help out while we can, but I am allowed to worry about you am I not?"
He asked and he gave you a little smile.

"It would be futile to try to stop you, if you worry like I do," he said.

"I do have your keys, do you need them back?"
Narim asked then he nodded

He shook his head. "For my door," he explained. "So you can get in, unless you want me to let you in."

"One thing about that though I think that when we more Miss Clearwater...Mr Karyak might become a problem, he have sort of adopted her, perhaps he should be talked to beforehad and informed that we are going to have to send her to Horizon for trial." The Virtual Adept gave a concerned frown at that.

"Oh great, something else to talk to him about. I got nominated cabal leader temporarily so I guess I'll take care of that if and when Mr Karyak returns. I'll try to catch him then, since I'm not sure when that's going down."

Narim thought back then he nodded.
"Ah yes...of course I remember, well no problem I can bring a few blankets you have been in battle and should take the bed I will be fine on the floor."
He said and smiled.
"Your apartment is very practical, set up for giving you space to do your rituals yes?"

"I know we've got ritual rooms but since I do them every morning and evening, I like to make space. I should get furniture though...now that I actually want people in my rooms. And you don't have to sleep on the floor. By the point I get rest, a flat rock will probably seem comfy to me."

"There are few things in this world less dangerous than a staked vampire, they are as still as if put into a Gauntlet prison, but I would not want to go in and out of the room doing what one do in a bathroom where she have no choice but to watch it would be embarashing and most inproper." Narim said and his expresion showed that such inpropriety shocked him just to think about. "But yes we can figure out the details later."

"That's a fair reason," he said. It wasn't like the vampire could close it's eyes or even look away.

"You can tell me everything when this is all over, what if when your duty and mine are done, before we do to that dinner, we just sit and you can talk and tell me thing or not, until you fall asleep and I will watch over you, make sure you are safe while you rest."
He offered softly and gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead, not minding the grime.

"That would be nice," he said. "And you should probably clean that off before you catch sick, I know where I've been," he said wryly. "I'll make it up later, though," he promised, giving him a quick squeeze before letting him go.

"I guess saving the world is not quite done yet." He said regretfully. "I am just glad you are back safe Adley I do not want to loose you."

"As long as it's still here, that might continue being the case," he said, picking up his coat, checking he had everything and then getting his bag. "But if we can get a few moments to ourselves I will be satisfied. Thanks, I wouldn't want anything to happen to you either so stay safe. I'll see you later."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next