Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre game talking in character.

+4
Ashan101
Adley
Caedus
Anja Rebekka Schultze
8 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Pre game talking in character. - Page 29 Empty Re: Pre game talking in character.

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am

Colin bowed, and left the office without a word, only briefly pausing to give Beatrice a wink and tousle her hair in passing before striding off to find the Big Man himself...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Pre game talking in character. - Page 29 Empty Re: Pre game talking in character.

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:12 am

I'll give you the specifications in prescence of the Deacon and you'll understand, but i'm safer in that place more than in any other, even the chantry. it was not right there, but he lived near a rokea tumul, so a group of angry Rokea were his security. Not bad at all, really.

Now that you say so, i think the fomorian has a contact here. It's probably that nephandi or some of his allies. confirmed Tane.
Members of which traditions do you got here?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:54 am

Beatrice gave Colin a weak smile as he winked at her and ruffled her hair, Colin was a truly good person and the young Verbena found herself growing more and more fond of the scarred Orphan.

The big man, really was not that big. Colin found Master Steelhaven in the library, a large room that had once been an apartment but which had been stripped out and where now just bookshelf after bookshelf cowered with tomes on language, history and magick. The room smelled of dust and old paper. George Steelhaven was a small man, he was short and thin, he was handsome is many ways though with gray blue eyes, a triangle shaped face with distinct lips, and a straight, pale silver gray hair framed the old mage's face and where kept fairly short but messy. George was wearing a dark green suit, a white shirt and a green tie and he was standing by a bookshelf reading something in an old looking book with red leather binding. Steelhaven had a young looking face, a product of his longevity magick but there was a look in his eyes that said that he was very old, and very tired. George looked up as the Orphan entered the library and gave Colin a nod.
"Good day Mr Wainwright."
The ancient mage said as he closed his book, marking his place with a long, thin finger in case the other willworker had something to say to him.

Hildegaard nodded to what Tane was saying.
"Off course, it is not my place to pry."
The Chorister said then she frown.
"If you have information about the Nephandi your formori might be dealing with then perhaps you should come with me and speak with our security chief first, he might be very interested in what you have to say young man."
Hildegaard muttered then she gave a smile to Tane's next question.
"Oh we have members of most Traditions, for Sons of Ether we only have an initiated Hedge Wizard and we do not yet have any Dreamspeakers but we have members of all other Traditions."
The old woman said.
"I am sure you will find this place most welcoming and friendly Tane. So do you want to have a speak with our security chief first or go straight to our next Deacon Primus to speak about your possible membership at this Chantry?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Colin bowed respectfully, "I wish it truly were so, Sir. There's been something of an... altercation with a Quaestor at Lux Itineris - threats issued against a certain member of our Chantry. It has the unfortunate potential of becoming a political issue, and it Chief Morgan is currently sitting down to perform a bit of damage control. As such, it would seem a prudent measure to have clear, fresh memories extracted, verified and stored from witnesses as a precaution. At present, it would seem there are three volunteers to undergo such a procedure - Mister Adley Roth Hicks, Doctor Richard Lee and myself."
Colin sighed. "I'm afraid this week shall be rather rough on a lot of people."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Rosa smiles to Bianca and nods.
"Yeah all but those born into a magickal family have had regular lives at some point, but some people's lives are more interesting than others."
The newly Awakened mage nod she place her hand on her new friend's arm.
"I am sorry, I was insensitive, I know I am lucky that have grown up with a loving, stable family. I just did not think that you might not have been so lucky."
Rosa said in a concerned, kind voice, then she smiles when Bianca say that she had quite a story to tell.
"Well I think the others have more interesting stories than mine, but it is what it is."
The young mage stopped by the door to a small Thai restaurant named Mun's Corner.
"Yes I play the violin, not really good or anything, but it is a hobby and it have become a useful focus and also it makes to feel close to my grandmother, so yeah I play a bit."
Rosa pushed the door open as warm air and the smell of spices rushed towards the two women. The restaurant was small, there where around 7 tables scattered around and in one end of the room was a counter and behind it the kitchens. The walls where full of pictures from Thailand, and colorful red tablecloths brightened the room. There where only two other customers, a gray haired woman that was dressed in the clerk's uniform from the airport who sat eating some spring rolls while reading the newspaper, and a young, Asian man who where discussing weekend plans with someone on the phone.
"We are here."
Rosa announced then she smiles.
"I guess we are different there, I think I would go nuts if I did not have a all the comfort of a city, but i am sure living in nature is nice as well once one get used to it. I can try to help you get used to living in the city again if you will, show you all the best places."
The young mage said then she smiles and lowers her voice.
"Well as for fun, generally my fun consists of either studying for tests at school or studying magick under my mentor or running errands for him, I can ask him if I can go out tonight but...after I became a mage my free time have sort of dwindled, I am in effect trying to do two educations as once, learning magick, and going to collage."
Rosa said with a bit of a exhausted sigh.

Bianca nods at her and smiles. "I am not sure if my life could be called normal even before magic became a thing in my life." she says and places her hand over hers. "It's ok, dear. There is nothing to be sorry for. I like to think everything I went through was the goddess' wish to prepare me for what I became today. I chose my words poorly when I said I envy you for your stable home and loving family... well, I do, but just a little bit." she winks at her and grins playfully.

As the mentions the violin, she tilts her head and smiles. "I think I know what you mean. I often found it easier to concentrate when the birds sang..." she pauses and giggles. "That must sound corny as hell, doesn't it?" she says and shrugs. "Well, it's not as bad as you think, to be honest. And we can smoke and sniff whatever we and anytime we want." she lowers her voice when she says that and nods at her. "Well, I can't help you with magick or college, but if you ever want to get high, let me know. It's good to vent sometimes." she says softly, almost whispering, and lets her friend handle the orders, just going along with whatever she asks.
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:52 pm

The old mage turned and looked at Colin he put the book under his arm and said in a kind, soft voice.
"Come Mr Wainwright, let us not discuss this where everyone can overhear, let us go to my study."
George did not look and sound old, it was hard to put an age on him for his longevity potions or spells had begun to fail him so some parts of him, like his hair looked older than the rest, but most who guessed would have said no more then fifty at most, quite possibly younger, but the way he carried himself had the air of an old man, he was soft spoken and kind, really he was unassuming unless you knew who he was or observed him with magickal senses for then he burned like a beacon. Colin will have heard Hermetics title George was Magister Mundi, the term they used for archmage, meaning he either had Mastered a Sphere beyond the normal limits or he was Master of the Art in so many Spheres as to get the title as a honorary. George though did not flaunt his power, he remained sweet natured and humble as walked calmly next to the much larger man.
"Ah that is not good news Mr Wainwright, let me make a guess that the threats was issued against Miss Alexander of Verbena and that the one making them where Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo?"
George said as he lead Colin towards a apartment that was no bigger than any of the others, but it was filled with old books and manuscripts, the living room looked like a library. George indicated a small sitting section with a sofa, a small table and a chair, there was no other electronics in here but the lighting fixtures in the roof and the kitchen equipment.
"May I offer you some tea Mr Wainwright? It can be an uncomfortable thought to have someone else affect your mind, I find tea often cures unease."
The ancient mage said with a friendly smile.
"I will assure you though that I am not going to read your thoughts, I will merely manifest your testimony perfectly onto a piece of parchment."
George said reassuringly as he found a sheet of hand made parchment and a small silver ink well from a drawer and placed these items on the table before Colin.
"Now how about that cup of tea before we start."
The man said and sounded like a kindly old grandfather.

Rosa looks at Bianca and smiles, she nods at the nature mystic's words.
"Well I think you are right, what do not kill us make us stronger eh? I bet that if where ever was trouble you would be able to deal with it allot better than me, I would probably just duck under the nearest table and hide."
The Newly Awakened mage said and grinned. Rosa waited until the two of them had found a corner table at the restaurant, well away from any of the other patrons and she looked up to make sure there where no cameras before she replied again.
"No that is not corny at all, what you said about bird song. My mentor, the guy I talked about, the tall and handsome one, yeah he is Cult of Ecstasy and so one day will I be, now many think we are just about drugs but we are not, some of us use drugs yes, but the real essence of the Cult of Ecstasy is that we use various means to put our everyday mind on hold and get into a different state of mind, for some that means using drugs, some use sex, others exhaust their bodies or look at art or even play computer games until they end up in a trance, me and Ryan...we use music."
Rosa said and smiles.
"Now as for getting high...I do not do hard drugs it is to risky but I might do a bit of weed now and again, it is safer than alcohol but yeah thank you for the offer, I might take you up on it when I have a weekend of."
The young mage said as she stood up to go and order their food after having checked the menu, she spoke of weed in a completely natural way as if she had never seen anything wrong with it.
"Ok I am going to go and order, they have this stew her with rice that is just delicious, should I order two plates of that?"
Rosa asks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Colin followed the Archmage in silence until they entered the apartment, and sat down when indicated. "Quite correct. The outburst was quite improper, which I must admit rather upset me. But I'm sure you are already quite familiar with the general course of events. And quite right, a cup of tea would be delicious at this time, thank you."
Consciously slowing his breath a little, he added, "as for having my mind probed, as it were, it is not... new to me. I'm sure you recall the, ah, treatment I received shortly after my arrival here? I'm ever grateful for that; I'm sure I'd still rather be a bit of a wreck otherwise. The extraction of a specific memory should, I expect, be far less unpleasant than the isolation and erasure of the specific traumatic aspects of a memory. Would you prefer me relaxed and unfocused for this, or alert and focused on the specific conversation?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:36 pm

The ancient mage smiles as he take a kettle and put on tea.
"You must not judge Vittoria to harshly Mr Wainwright, there are reasons why she hate the Nephandi to such a degree that she will act the way she did, but yes we can not tolerate threats towards members of our Chantry. No I am not familiar with what have happened this day, however knowing Both Vittoria D'Angelo and the situation of Miss Alexander, I could deduce that those where the two individuals that where involved."
George say as he pour up two cups of hot water and add herbs in tea beaks and drop them into the cups and bring the cups, milk and sugar to the table and give Colin one of the cups.
"Why don't you tell me about what happened while you have your tea Mr Wainwright."
George said kindly.

The old Hermetic nods and add two sugars to his own cup.
"Yes the rote I will cast on you will not be unpleasant nor will it as you put it, probe your mind, it will merely take your testimony, perfect in your memory and transfer it to the parchment, you will fell nothing, nor will any of your memory be disturbed and your thoughts will be left private so you do not need to worry.
"You can be of any state of mind Mr Wainwright, I have the arcane connection I need for the rite in the names of those involved."
George said before he added a good dose of ink to his tea cup and swallowed the mixture down.
"Whenever you are ready."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Bianca shrugs slightly. "Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that. It depends on what sort of trouble you mean. Poison? Maybe. Staying lost on the woods? I can handle it. Gun fight? I'll probably be joining you under the table!" she says and laughs.

Once they are in their comfy and secluded table, she continues. "Cult of Ecstasy? I don't think I've heard about it before. The sounds interesting." she says and listens quietly, nodding twice at her. "I see. I'm not some kind of dealer, by the way. The natural stuff I use isn't addictive at all, so you don't have to worry about that. You're free to come see me anytime you wish when you want to chill a bit." she says kindly. "Yumm, that sounds delicious! I'll have one too, thanks."
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Colin nodded and sipped the tea.
"Very well; while Madame D'angelo's outburst was improper, I will endeavour not to hold it against her in future encounters. Let me see now, we were admitted to the Lux Itineris Chantry just around noon, where we were greeted first by Madam, hrm, Gudjunsdotter, I think she pronounced it - or close to it; I'm afraid that language is a little awkward for me... At any rate, she led us to the cafeteria, where we waited briefly for Deacon Dupré, who again took us to his office for the negotiations."
Colin went on to describe in as much detail as necessary the meeting at Deacon Dupré's office, casually glossing over the minutiae of bartering until the agreement was reached.
"...at which point Miss Alexander and Mr. King were departing the office, and Madame D'Angelo turned to hiss at Miss Alexander, saying '"Miss Alexander, you might have escaped justice at Horizon but I read up on your case when I heard that you had moved to this Tribunal, imagine my surprise, the Widderslainte girl so foolishly spared for political reasons where moving to my city. Know however this you are not safe, no Fallen is safe from me. I have read up on the terms of your release in the court documents Miss Alexander, and sooner or later, you will make a mistake, I will be watching you Widderslainte, if you do anything I technically can get you for I will, I do not care if it is vague enough to create a political backlash for me, if you neglect to show up to a promised lunch date, I will get you for oath breaking, if you do anything to even hint at endangering your Chantry in a Quiet I will get you, all the little things that the law never care about but which is technically against the Protocols...if you do them and I find out I will get you. The terms of your release also say that if you come under strong suspicion of a major crime the stay is forfeit, do rest assured that if there is anything I can suspect you of, anything, I will have six Masters of what we call the Sphere of Spirit ready to end the threat you represent long before your name can be cleared. So enjoy your magick now Miss Alexander, you will not have it for long.' At which point Madam D'Angelo closed her portfolio, promised to have copies of the agreement delivered to all the pertinent parties, wished Deacon Dupré a good day, and left. Deacon Dupré did apologise for his colleague's outburst, though not her opinion - he, at least, did have the self control to act politely as he showed us the way out before Miss Alexander had something of an acute stress response; no magic, just a simple physical reaction to great emotional strain. After which we returned right here to have... matters discussed."
Colin finished the cup of tea and gently put it down with an almost inaudible clink. "I believe that to cover the entire extent of the incident in question - anything further prior to our arrival at the chantry or after departing it would serve little further purpose to anyone, I believe."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Amadeus came in like a whirlwind and Adley found himself suddenly behind him as the Verbena shoved his way rudely to the desk with Beatrice hovering at the doorjamb. The small room was suddenly overfilled with magi and barely compressed emotion. He had heard his name and Helena's and realised he was being used as a hypothetical example. It wasn't an entirely comfortable feeling to hear that his mentor would burn Boston -or- hand him over if need be, but he wasn't under any belief that he was above the law. In fact as a Hermetic he had another layer of law in the Code of Hermes, which he knew some tended to follow more strictly than others. He had to admire his mentor's ability to sit and take an onslaught without so much as blinking; he'd been expecting it but even so, the Verbena's rage was rather spectacular in its own way. The pair of them together were creating a sonorous racket that the whole Chantry was probably aware of by now. He turned a look on Colin, brows raised and then he heard Beatrice. Turning to look at her he found papers and the phone held out to him, which he took with a nod and a thank you.

When Colin got excused he wanted to go with him - not to escape the wrathful conversation at hand but because he wanted to speak with him. But Amadeus was still banging away loudly, the tide not stemmed yet and Adley still had to give back the pendant and letter before he left, which meant waiting until he was dismissed or got an opportunity to complete those tasks. Hopefully the Verbena was going to finish venting his spleen soon. As Colin turned to leave, he said to him under the din, "I'd like to speak with you later. And perhaps in the morning we should gather and try to pool our resources and debrief." And then he added in a respectful tone of equals, "Thank you for your expertise; today could have gone...quite differently without your assistance."

In other words, it could have gone much worse without him, at least in his opinion. He'd have to let his mentor know how well Colin had comported himself when there was more time or in his full report. Not that it would surprise him, as he had done the same in the presence of the Chief. When the spot next to him was vacated and Colin had left, he impulsively reached back and waved Beatrice forward next to him, shifting over so she could stand on his right side. And then he looked down at her, as if he was looking at her again for the first time since the night before.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:12 pm

I'd rather talk to the Deacon first, given that i'm hunting this fomorian and i suspect it has a contact here, but i'm not sure it's a nephandi nor the one you're looking for. he said, waiting for her to lead the way.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Beatrice skin had gone from the deadly pallor it had since D'Angelo's outburst to reddish with embarrassment, this was apparently not the first time she had seen her mentor rage like this, she still looked rather drawn and frightened though. Beatrice looks up at Adley and give him a weak smile, fear have worn her out and you see that she was dead tired.

Chief Morgan listened to Amadeus rage and after a while he simply sat down again and said.
"You are aware you are frightening your own apprentice right?"
The old Hermetic said, that question finally got the Verbena to stop his tirade for a moment so Morgan continued.
"As you say her trial was understandably quite traumatic, and these threats today have shaken her up, you can see that by just looking at the girl, do you really think shouting and screaming will help that?"
The war mage said and Amadeus turned to look at Beatrice who stood there beside Adley with a fearful and yet uneasy look on her face.
"Well I ehm...I just wanted to make sure that everything possible is done for her."
Amadeus said and turned back to glare daggers at Jeffry. The Security Chief nodded.
"I will do all in my power, and also take this up with George, now we should discuss this matter Master Amadeus, however the last time I checked a Paradox flaw had not taken my hearing, the girl however need something else to think about."
Jeffry slowly stood again and walked over to Beatrice, the girl looked fearfully up at him and the old Hermetic give a jovial smile, it was measured but none but Adley who knew him well knew it was an act.
"Miss Alexander...we have allot on our plate now so I need you to do me a favor..."
Jeffry said and placed his big hand on the small girl's shoulder.
"I know you are good with the Sphere of Prime for someone so young as you, I want you to go around the Chantry and enchant all the windows that are not inside anyone's private apartments, make sure no one with a magickal nature can climb in them without your knowing...can you do this for me?"
The old mage said. Adley would know the mission given to Beatrice was pointless, the Chantry was already warded, Chief Morgan had his apprentice help him in refreshing the wards every month, there where no need for the little blood witch to ward the windows, but the request gave the young girl something to do, and Chief Morgan praising her skill with the Sphere of Prime made her beam for a moment.
"Y...yes Master Morgan."
Beatrice actually looked a bit better, to be asked to use the magick so many wanted to take from her made her feel appreciated and finally she gave a real smile.
"I will get on it right away."
Jeffry smiles, he had a good hand with young mages, and a nose for what to say to someone. The old Hermetic turned to Amadeus.
"I will have to do some paperwork on this Master Nassa, if you could inform the other Deacons about the situation that would be helpful."
Amadeus was still dumbfounded about the way Jeffry cut his tirade off and also the way he had handeled his apprentice.
"Well...yes I can do this."
The old Verbena said then he renumbered his ire.
"But do not think this is over Jeffry, I will not let anyone lay a hand on Beatrice...not a hand..."
Amadeus said before he stalked out of the office.

Beatrice looked at Adley and then glanced at Bruce and Richard.
"Well I should go and do what Chief Morgan asked of me."
The young Verbena said, clearly proud she was asked by one of the Deacons to do something with her magick, proud enough to banish some of her terror, if just for a moment, and she was still oblivious to the fact that his task had just been given as a way to keep her occupied with some harmless, coincidental magick to keep her out of everyone's hair so they could get important work done and not have to worry about babysitting a terrified, near hysterical widderslainte.

Jeffry turned toward Adley and said.
"Now if you could give me my sigil filius mea, and if there is nothing further you wish to discuss with me, or that the rest of your Cabal wish to discuss at this point, i should get going on that paperwork..."
The old mage said then he seamed to remember something, he waited until Beatrice was out the door then he said.
"Two things Adley, one if Miss Alexander is like most magi in risk of loosing their magick, she will want to use her magick to remind herself that she still have it, and use it allot, I do not need a Verbena Marauder to add to my troubles, see if you can manage to teach her the Lesser Banishing Ritual, yes the girl do not share your Paradigm but she is an energist so there is a chance she will grasp it in some form and it will allow her to feel Quinstessence flow in a non harmful way that at best will offer her a bit of protection and and more importantly will not lead to her getting Paradox and she can cast that to her little heart's content. Secondly..."
Jeffry looked to see that the door was closed and Beatrice was out of earshot.
"Things do not look good for her mea filius, and you should, carefully...bring up the topic of whatever or not she want to live after the ritual if we can not save her. I would say the most humane thing is for her to die...and I am willing to do the deed, and you can assure you that her death at least will be painless, but if Miss Alexander want to try to survive...well the Mercere have at times been able to give a mage that have been through that...enough will to make it and make a life of sorts in their ranks, but it have a greater chance of working if the therapy starts before the...ritual...is performed, in which case I will contact the messengers and pay for one of them to come and start working with her. It is not a easy question to ask...but she should start considering it..."
The old Flambeau said in a grave tone of voice.

Colin George listen as you speak, not interrupting, his blue gray eyes on you as you recant what had happened earlier that day during the negotiations. Slowly he roll out the parchment page and when you are done talking he softly mutter a chant in Latin, his long fingered hands dancing in ancient symbols, before he place on slender hand against the side of your head, and the other on the paper before him. You feel nothing but the warmth of the man's hand, his skin slightly dry from to much reading. Slowly ink bleed out of the old mage's other hand and into the parchment and words are formed on it, exactly what Colin had heard and witnessed get written on the handmade paper in a detailed, elegant handwriting, when all of what D'Angelo had said and her behavior was recorded George gave Colin the parchment and a pen and said.
"Please if you would read over the testimony Mr Wainwright, and sign it if it is accurate."
The document was word for word accurate, even details Colin had earlier forgot was there, the Orphan felt no different however, the memory felt like before, it was as if George, to use a modern term, had just played printer for his brain.
"My old mentor made that rote long ago Mr Wainwright."
George said and smiled, he obviously had fond memories of his own teacher.
"She was a fine maga she was, a fine maga indeed."
The Deacon Primus commented.
"Ah but look at me, you can not stop an old man from reminiscing, perhaps I am turning into an old fool in my final time on Earth."
The ancient mage said as he stood.
"And thank you for not judging Vittoria to harshly young man, that is good of you, I know you must be angry, I would be if someone threatened a member of my Cabal, but in my experience all have a story to tell, and even if that do not excuse their actions...it can at times explain it. Do rest assured I will do what I can to help the young Verbena...I want her to have a chance...a chance to redeem what her earlier incarnation corrupted."
George said and smiles kindly.
"Well then we seam to be done, is there anything else I can do for you Mr Wainwright?"
The Deacon Primus asked in is grandfatherly way.

Rosa giggle and crack a big smile.
"I guess we will both be under a table then if the Technocrats ever come knocking on the Chantry door, we can throw tableware at them."
The young mage said then she added.
"Not that I have ever met one of them, I have only be told they are dangerous as shit and will shoot me on sight if I am lucky...and do horrible, horrible things if I am not, and apparently they have cyborgs or some such shit...damned my world have gotten weird, well I will go and order the food."
Rosa went to make the order and when she came back she said.
"Now as for drugs I do not care if you deal or not, I do not use allot of drugs but I do not mind what others do, their bodies, their choice, and yes natural things are more healthy than chemicals, that go for everything."
The newly Awakened girl said then she sat down.
"The food will be brought over when it is done."
She said then she asked.
"So what brings you to Steelhaven? I heard you where a former apprentice of Amadeus Nassa? Is that true?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Tane Hildegaard nods she takes you up two set of stairs and stops before a door on the third floor and knocks on it, after a man responds from inside she open it and show you in.
"Master Sharaya, a Mr Karyak is here to see you about potentially becoming a member at our Chantry."
The old woman said, a man's voice from inside answered.
"Yes by all means, send him in."
Hildegaard indicates for Tane to go in.
"Good luck Tane, I have to tend to my apprentice's lessons, I hope you will reach an agreement that works for you."
The old woman said and begun to leave.
"Oh and do not forget, the third door to the left in the entrance hall, that if Chief Morgan's office, go there when you are done there if you please and give your rapport."
The old woman said then she smiles and head down the corridor, the little girl with her curtsy to Tane and say politely.
"Good day Mr Karyak."
Before she giggle and hurry after her mentor.

Inside the room that Hildegaard opened the door to there was a small office consisting of a desk, some file cabinets, a door that lead to probably an apartment beyond, and some pictures of cityscapes on the walls, in front of the simple desk there where a few chairs, sitting by the desk and working on a laptop was a young, handsome man, he might be Indian or Arabian, he had dark eyes, short, black hair, a fine, oval face and was dressed in a blue tshirt, brown blazer and blue jeans. The man look up and give Tane a measured smile.
"Good afternoon, I am Narim Sharaya bani Virtual Adepts, one of the Deacons at this Chantry, why do you not have a seat and tell me what I can do for you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Colin carefully read the written testimony, then fished out his fountain pen and signed it, adding his stylized silversmith's maker's mark underneath. He might not have the skill to put any actual lasting power behind the little glyph, but it was unique to him, and that seemed more important at the time.
"This seems perfect, Sir. Thank you - I, too, wish nothing more than to see Miss Alexander overcome her, hm, inherited problem and shine like the brightest star. It might be impossible, but that's hardly an excuse for not trying. As for anything else, I expect the young Mister Roth Hicks - you know, Chief Morgan's protegé - will visit you to ask the same favor later today; if you'd kindly inform him afterward that I will be at my workshop late tonight, and that I'll be leaving the door unlocked, I would appreciate it."
He carefully blew on the signature to dry the ink, then laid it down on the table.
"As for this testimony, young Mister Roth Hicks has likely been given further instructions regarding their disposition - I'll leave it in your care until his arrival. And reminiscing over fond memories is never the act of a fool; it's what makes a long life worth looking back on. I should say it is only a problem if you are unable to bring yourself back to look at the present."
Colin rose to his feet and collected his little case.
"Now, Sir, if you will excuse me, I have to deal with a bureaucratic matter - the paperwork for a carry permit for a quite mundane weapon. While it is on the distasteful side, it just became a relevant precaution, I'm afraid, what with Nephandi and Technocrats shooting it out in the city."
Colin offered a bow and made for the door, just slowly enough to stop should George Steelhaven ask something else.
((OOC: Colin will be headed to his Sanctum to do a little Entropic magic on the forms - just to increase the odds they go through the system without any problems. He'll leave the shop door unlocked, but the security system on, so that he can trigger the alarm should anyone not Adley try to enter.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Thank you, take care, you two. He said with a wide smile and waved at the little girl. He spected her not to be scared of his tatoos and rough manners, but it seemed alright. Maybe he could give her a book.

However, he got in the Deacon's office and looked for the man. Thanks, deacon. Well, as Hildegaard said i want to join in the chantry. I'm in need of instruction before i can hunt down a Fomorian i'm following from New Zealand. SHe told me you're looking for a Nephandi, and i know this Fomorian has a conection here. Might as well be conected so, it's another reason for me to join.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 pm

George waited as the younger mage read and then signed the document, noting the man's mark as well. When the parchment was handed back the Guernicus rolled it up and sealed it with wax and and pressed his signet ring into the wax seal.
"I will take this and the other testimonies to the proper authorities to...politely complain on Master D'Angeo's behavior."
The ancient mage said and smiles.
"Ah...Mr Wainwright we are willworkers, nothing is impossible, improbable yes, impossible no, and while none have seen a Fallen Avatar fully cleansed...that do not mean it can not be, and I choose to have faith."
The old mage said as he put the scroll with the testimony into a safe he kept under his desk, slightly groaning as he stood up after he had closed the safe door again.
"I may not look it but this body is starting to feel old."
George said to no one in particular before he turned his attention back to Colin.
"Know though that if Miss Alexander is going to have any chance to do the...impossible she needs good friends like you Mr Wainwright to stand by her side and lead her right."
The old mage commented then he smiles.
"Ah yes young Mr Roth Hicks, the apple of his mentor's eye, yes I remember when he was just a newly Awakened brat, he is coming along nicely...ah yes off course I will pass along your message young man."
George said as he sat down again in his chair.
"Yes Mr Wainwright you are quite wise Mr Wainwright for your young years, indeed fond memories are...the gifts life let us keep as time erases the moments that spawned them."
The ancient mage said as he regarded Colin.
"Ah yes...sleeper bureaucracy, nearly as bad as our own...good day Mr Wainwright."
George said as the younger mage left.

(OOC: Could I get a Arete roll on that Entropy effect Warp? Minus one diff since the Chantry is built on a Node.)

The deacon regarded Tane and looked away from his lap top to give his guest his full attention.
"Hum...you want instruction at our Chantry? Well many might want that given our resources, what can you give us in return Mr Karyak."
Narim said and got straight to the point.
"Do you have information of your own to trade perhaps?"
The Master of the Art said then he got a concerned look on his face when Tane mentioned why he was there.
"Formori you say, I have heard the name...one of the servants of the Nephandi? Well if you know anything about the Nephandi's activities in this city I would very much appreciate that information Mr Karyak, very much indeed."
The Deacon had a slight Indian accept, and his dark eyes regarded the Dreamspeaker coldly as he spoke.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 pm

((OOC: Colin will be doing that work in his Sanctum - the silversmithy workshop, not on the node itself. But, will be using the wand, 1 WP and one Quintessence, using a variation on the Games of Luck Rote for the current situation. That makes the roll 1 WP Autosuccess, 5 and 4.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:46 pm

(Yes you have one success there so the rote works, though you can also make more rolls and add the successes, it is called an extended roll and is often what is done for long rituals and workings to build up for a more powerful effect.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 pm

((OOC: Aight - one more WP, one more Quintessence, and a 0 and a 6. ...Oh, my, that's as good as it can get, isn't it? O.o ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:59 pm

I can offer the chantry guide in the sphere of Spirit, as a Dreamspeaker. I can also offer to start relations between the chantry and the local wereshark community. I also am a suficient fighter, so i can help in the defense of the chantry, as everyone. I could instruct you in the way of the Kopa Loei. But i want to know why would you be interested in us. After all, many times the traditions let the trades to die to save their sorry asses, so he had to be careful.
Not servants of the nephandi, it's like the monsters the werepeople fight. They're abominations corrupted by the think the werepeople fight, the Wyrm.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 am

(OOC: Colin's rote go perfectly, and he will assume the working was a complete success, the effect is subtle, but the threads of destiny are changed, you do assume your application for a concealed carry permit will go unusually smoothly.)

Narim regarded the Dreamspeaker as the man spoke.
"What are your rank in Spirit Mr Karyak? I am aware of it being only a word but we have official degrees based on skill after all...we do have two Masters of that Sphere at the Chantry, but as both are Hermetic their art is very formal, a more natural Spirit mage might be a valued addition if you are willing to spend some of your time offering instruction to our young."
The Virtual Adept and then he gave a slight grin at the mention of weresharks.
"There really are such a thing? Well why am I surprised, there are wereeverything it seams. Now in and off itself this Chantry have little interest in other Awakened than magi, but I will not scoff at the idea of new allies, especially in these troubled times, however I know to little about these weresharks, some shapeshifters are a problem for our kind as they share the same resources as us, I will want to know this is not the case with your allies before I agree to officially meet them."
Narim nods then.
"A fighter we need, I am not sure what Kopa Loei is, my idea of a Koopa is a character in a video game so...I assume it is not that."
The Virtual Adept say, revealing himself to probably be extremely young for his high rank.
"I have little interest in what the werepeople do or do not fight, but if this Wyrm is allies with the Nephandi then the enemy of my enemy and all that...we might be able to find a mutually beneficial solution Mr Karyak...I have an offer for you, if you are willing to spend ten hours a week teaching Spirit to our apprentices and Initiated, and serve this Chantry as a Sentinel for one year as a trial period, then I am willing to let you join us and have access to our library, how do that sound?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:09 am

Occ: I'm at lvl 3 of Spirits, but i don't remember the name of the rank and Tane might not have been instructed in that so forgive me if i miss this. Just change it for the correct term,

I'm an adept, or i think that's the term you use. And i can channel spirits in many ways, even avoiding paradox, so it might be something the ones you have here can't do. Because the smoke of his primordial fire was something only he could summon, for what he knew.

I have friends among their people. They sing the songs of waves and sand, of teals and foam. They sing as no others i've encountered, and they don't usually come out of the water if they don't need to, for their song gets distorted here. They're no hazard if you don't botter them. He explained, but he was not sure this man could inderstand. Virtual adepts, more alike the technocracy than the traditions, it could turn out he didn't understand.

Kopa Loei is the group of mages that instructed me, that's what you asked, right? Videogames? Koopa? The fuck?

Teach, i can teach. Learn, i wish indeed. but i'd like to know what a sentinel's duty is. And i have another thing to ask if i were to join: i need help protecting a node placed in the docks. It's fairly big for just one person to protect, and i'd like some help protecting it. At least with a couple defensive spells.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:26 am

Adley watched as his mentor decided it had gone on long enough, apparently. Beatrice was dispatched with a snipe hunt to put her mind to, leaving Amadeus to gather himself up and leave, but not before he uttered a few more epithets and stalked off.

Beatrice looked at Adley and then glanced at Bruce and Richard. "Well I should go and do what Chief Morgan asked of me."

"I shall see you later, Beatrice," he said as she went to leave.

"Now if you could give me my sigil filius mea, and if there is nothing further you wish to discuss with me, or that the rest of your Cabal wish to discuss at this point, i should get going on that paperwork..."

"Yes, sir. Beatrice also took the opportunity to collect the phone and intelligence from Mr. Sherman. Here is that and also a letter entrusted to you, care of Laisa Tarmen Bani Mercere with her regards. She said the contents were...disturbing." He proceeded to hand the papers, mobile phone and letter over and then retrieved the pendant from around his neck, offering it back to his mentor.

"Two things Adley, one if Miss Alexander is like most magi in risk of loosing their magick, she will want to use her magick to remind herself that she still have it, and use it allot, I do not need a Verbena Marauder to add to my troubles...see if you can manage to teach her the Lesser Banishing Ritual...

Considering that she'd just been sent on an errand to use magick on a good portion of the Chantry, he found that idea frankly disturbing. "Very well." He wasn't sure if she could pick up the technique or find use out of it but it would give her something to do. "I will speak with her about it tomorrow morning."

Secondly..." Jeffry looked to see that the door was closed and Beatrice was out of earshot. "Things do not look good for her mea filius, and you should, carefully...bring up the topic of whatever or not she want to live after the ritual if we can not save her. I would say the most humane thing is for her to die...

He frowned, looking troubled again. "Pater, I don't...I would rather not bring that up until we have crossed that point. The future is not yet set. To bring it up now would only cause her sorrow and more fear. I would rather not be in the ranks of causing her more distress than is necessary. If our goal is to do whatever we can, then that is what we should do and not work at cross-purposes. I don't think considering such a thing right now would be...beneficial. To anyone." He paused. "You said that there was a right way and a wrong way to do a thing. I do not feel the path of terror is the right path. That question should not be asked prematurely; if it must be asked, it should be that we have done what was at our disposal beforehand. With your leave, I will return two hours before the time I normally leave for my evening class to gather the intelligence and tass for the Deacon of Lux Iternis if that is acceptable. I should see if the Primus is available, or set an appointment."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:32 am

(OOC Tane is then a Disciple of Spirit by Tradition standards.)

"It is an interesting ability over the spiritual aspect of reality Mr Karyak, you might become a valuable teacher for us."
The Deacon said and nodded approvingly.
"Hum...your Paradigm is song based, that might interest our Choristers, you should speak with them and see if you can understand one another's Paradigm, for me what you say make no sense though Mr Karyak, but from what I did understand you are saying you have some wereshark friends that do not go out of the water so unless the resources both parties want is out in the sea, then they will not get in our way? Am I correct?"
The Technomancer asked as he gave the Dreamspeaker a puzzled look.
"So Kopa Loei is a group within the Dreamspeakers? Wait no stupid question...your Tradition do not even consider itself a Tradition do it, just a loosely allied group of Shamans lumped together into one Tradition by the rest of us? Well fair enough, let me rephrase, do the Traditions consider your Kopa Loei as Dreamspeakers or are they a Craft?"
The Virtual Adept said with another puzzled look. Narim leaned back in his chair and regarded his guest.
"A sentinel are a troubleshooter for a Chantry, usually a mage or Cabal who want to join an established Chantry will spend some time as a Sentinel before he or she become full members. Sentinels are guards and also do jobs, run errands and generally help the Chantry out. Now when it comes to your Node, we have enough hassle protecting our own two Nodes, but if you own one and are willing to share it's Quintessence with Steelhaven, then we will be willing to help you protect it."
Narim said his eyes resting on Tane.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next