Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre game talking in character.

+4
Ashan101
Adley
Caedus
Anja Rebekka Schultze
8 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Pre game talking in character. - Page 30 Empty Re: Pre game talking in character.

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:49 am

Jeffry took the phone, and the papers and nodded.
"Good I will look through this and have a dossier of information ready for you before you go back to Lux Itineris tonight."
The old Hermetic said then he also took the envelope the Mercere woman had sent him and nodded, putting it into a drawer.
"Thank you, I will review this as well, the information might end up being useful."
The Security Chief said but he said no more on it, he took the pendant and carefully placed it around his own neck for now, to be put away somewhere safe when he had the time for it.

When Adley said that he would speak with Beatrice about the Lesser Banishing Ritual Jeffry smiles.
"Good, there will be long days ahead before this is over and I can not continue to make up magickal tasks to clam her, I have however had an ally who came within an inch of loosing his Avatar, no not to a legal issue like this, to an...accident in the Umbra, and let me tell you the man spent allot of time desperate to remind himself the worst had not happened, he ended up attracting to much Paradox and died from an backlash, let us just call giving Miss Alexander something coincidental to do a proactive safety measure."
The old mage said, his expression unreadable, as old as he was he must have had a number of allies and friends who where no dead, their fates more...or less kind.

When Adley said he did not think it was wise to ask Beatrice what her preference was if things, tuned out badly Jeffry nodded.
"Perhaps you are right, my intention was not to scare the girl, but perhaps I did not put myself enough into her perspective, I know that if it, Gods forbid, where me, I would have welcomed the time to mull the question over in my head and make an informed choice, but perhaps you are right that with Miss Alexander, the question would only serve to further distress her, please, you know her best mea filius, she is a member of your Cabal, do what you feel is best."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"Very well the tass and information will be ready when you return here, if I am out at the moment I will leave it in my safe with it being warded to your touch to allow you to open and none else. Yes, do continue on with your day, be well Adley, and as always be careful."
The old mage said and patted his student on the shoulder before he returned to his seat.
"You are all dismissed if it was nothing further."
He said to Adley, Richard and Bruce.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pre game talking in character. - Page 30 Empty Re: Pre game talking in character.

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:02 am

INdeed, Deacon. That's correct. the man, lost in computers and circuits, was so lost... A shame.

You would call us Craft, yes. I'm sorry, i'm not native english speaker nor i know much of your terms. So many weird terms. They were sistematicing everything like the technocracy. Then they asked why the paradox is everyday more dire.

I usually punish the injustice wherever i find it, so it would be the same to me. About the node, i can give you the Tass i found there. The direct power of it, that's what i'm guarding. ALso, i must leave something left. There are many things that feed upon the nodes and are in balance with the natural order of it, and you can't simply make them starve to death. If that's fine with you, we have a deal.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:04 am

"...I have however had an ally who came within an inch of loosing his Avatar, no not to a legal issue like this, to an...accident in the Umbra, and let me tell you the man spent allot of time desperate to remind himself the worst had not happened, he ended up attracting to much Paradox and died from an backlash, let us just call giving Miss Alexander something coincidental to do a proactive safety measure."

"I see." He frowned; even if the Chief didn't look like it bothered him, he knew he wasn't being told about it without cause.

"Very well the tass and information will be ready when you return here, if I am out at the moment I will leave it in my safe with it being warded to your touch to allow you to open and none else. Yes, do continue on with your day, be well Adley, and as always be careful."

"As you wish. And to you as well, pater," he replied, somewhat relieved he wouldn't be having -that- talk to Beatrice, at least not today. He turned around to leave, nodding to Bruce and Richard. "Thank you for coming today; if you require something, please feel free to try calling me. Otherwise I expect I'll see you sometime tomorrow. Good day."

He left the cramped office and headed back through the main area of the Chantry, deciding if he was going to see if the Primus was available or if he needed a moment away from people. In the end, he found himself walking towards the Primus's office, he didn't want to delay things. At least he should leave a note of intent.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:22 am

Adley you find the Deacon Primus in his chambers, he open the door when you knock and give a kind smile.
"Ah Mr Roth Hicks, I was told you would come by, do come in, the tea is ready."
The old mage said, he did not look grandfatherly, but he sure did act it. George showed Adley into his book covered living room, it smelled like a library, it was orderly yes, but there was bookshelves everywhere one could be put. In the middle of the room was a small sitting section around a small table, and on that table was a handmade piece of parchment, a simple, silver inkwell, and a teapot and two cups. The ancient mage smiles.
"Do not be shy Mr Roth Hicks."
He said as he begun poring two cups of tea.
"I have heard you have had a trying day young man, your entire Cabal have, I will not waste to much of your time, but do come in and sit down and tell me what need to be said and I will take your testimony down like I did with your Orphan friend, and you may be on your way."
The old mage said, his voice was kind and knowing, though his eyes was tired, tired of the strife of this world.

Narim nodded when Tane said his assumption was correct.
"Good so unless we end up with something we need to do out at sea, this group of Awakened will not be a problem, perfect, I like things that are not a problem."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Hum a Craft you say interesting...well I have nothing against Crafts, some of them are quite fascinating, are you then a Craft mage Mr Karyak or are you initiated into the Dreamspeakers?"
The Deacon said, clearly wanting to get all the terms just right.
Narim nods as he glances at his guest.
"We get what crystallize into tass and you get the Node itself, that is quite acceptable, what you do with your part of the equation is not my concern and yes I do know how to manage a Node and that to drain it is not a wise practice if you still want to have a Node the next day...as for punishing injustice...you might like our very own fire starter king, Jeffry Morgan...he is on about all of that constantly."
Narim said then he looks thoughtful for a moment.
"Hum...though come to think of it, I have never actually seen Jeffry start any fires, that is odd he is a Flambeau, I thought they where all pyromaniacs, oh well I have to ask him about that one day."
The Virtual Adept said as he begun plotting the information Tane had just given him into his computer, the glanced at the Dreamspeaker over the screen.
"Well then Mr Karyak, we have a deal, welcome to Steelhaven, do you want me to find you an apartment here or do you have other living arrangements?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:14 pm

"Thank you, Deacon Primus," he said with a bow as he was asked inside. He sat down at the table and watched as the tea was poured and listened to him. "Yes, it has been a difficult two days. However, if you already know why I am here, then you know this already. I am here to give my statement regarding Quaesitor Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo of Lux Iternis's outburst pending the conclusion of our negotiations. It...was...inappropriate. Granted the presence of Miss Alexander may have not been pleasant for them within their own Chantry, she is protected under the law. I will offer my memories in whatever method you deem most suitable. More than one record should aid in getting the events straight."

He paused to take the tea and give a nod of thanks, sipping it. Putting the cup back down he regarded the Archmagus with an uneasy look in his eyes. "I have had...difficulty in understanding the situation myself. Naturally, my House is prone to wondering how an evil might be killed, disposed of or removed, not why it exists in the first place. Yet, I feel that I am not satisfied with the former. When I found out, I could not believe that she was not yet tainted; I was very angry it had been kept from me and I am concerned that someday it might bring us more harm than legal issue. And then to know that the only intervention that we know of is gilgul is...upsetting." He frowned. He wasn't sure why he was telling the Primus any of this, he shouldn't waste the man's time. But he kept talking, suddenly looking down at his cup with brows knit in consternation.

"Sir, forgive me if this is not common knowledge. But I have just heard you are leaving for the Umbra." He looked back up at him. "You are amongst the most knowledgeable mages in Boston and wish to ask some...advice.' It wasn't mere flattery, it was a truth that the man had Mastered more than most and if he was about to leave on some journey, then he might not get another chance. "I find that over the last two days that I am not satisfied with the only solution presented in Beatrice's situation - on the one hand, she is a discernible potential threat that one day may grow in power, if not in this life, then the next. As a Flambeau, I can't help but think that if there is only one solution, and the outcome nearly inevitable, then protecting the greater populace from evil is what I have sworn to do. On the other, beyond reason, she appears yet to have been affected by her avatar's nature. There must be some reason for this. I want to know why but not in the way that scholars want to know why. I want to know why so that I might somehow put it to practical use." He tapped at the edge of the saucer as things continued to go back and forth inside of his mind. "I've asked my mentor and in this I agree - that if there is no other way, then the only option should be the one taken. But..." Adley looked at the man with something of an obdurate expression. "I want another option."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:43 pm

I'm part of the Kopa Loei. But our numbers are too little and we have recently been absorved by the Dreamspeaker, so it means i'm both a Kopa Loei and a Dreamspeaker. He said. Both were true, but the long bred traditions of the Dreamspeakers were something he didn't knew.
What i meant is that i can't give you all the Tass, but if you're good with it, we have a deal.

What's a Flambó? ASked tane, who didn't understand the ramblings of the Adept. I'm living in the docks, thanks.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:55 pm

George sat down and listened as the younger mage spoke, he nodded when Adley said he was there to give his statement regarding D'Angelo's outburst.
"Inappropriate yes, had they demanded Miss Alexander leave their Chantry that would have been acceptable considering what she is, making threats towards a fellow Traditionalist, is not."
The ancient mage said.
"And thank you for your aid Mr Roth Hicks, as you as the testimony of two people are more valuable than that of one."
George said then he fell silent as Adley spoke about his frustrations and worries concerning Beatrice and the danger she posed.
"It is undeniable that one day Miss Alexander might pose a great risk, I have seen her Avatar, I demanded to before I cast my vote on whatever or not Master Amadeus and his apprentice where going to be allowed to live at this Chantry, the Avatar is indeed corrupted...it has lost it's way and it is surprising to me to that it have not yet twisted Miss Alexander's mind, but the girl remain an innocent, but chances are, that this will not continue indefinitely, innocent widderslainte have happened before, those tragic children who are condemned by the actions of those that came before them, but most of them, if allowed to keep their Fallen Avatars would eventually loose their footing and become as corrupt as their souls, if not in this life, then in another. "
George said sadly he leaned back and regarded the young mage before him.
"I know of three magi in the Traditions who are widderslainte, one is the apprentice of the Deacon Primus of Chantry Cerberus, the other is a young Hermetic of the minor House Jerbiton and the third is Miss Alexander...all three fuction in their lives, they are not evil and are good members of their Traditions but their Avatars are as corrupted as the day they where discovered, and when they die...those Avatars will seek new hosts that might have weaker wills...there where a forth however."
The Archmage said his grayish blue eyes taking on a troubled look as he spoke."
"There was a young woman living in a Chantry in this very nation not many years ago, her Cabal discovered that she was a widderslainte and she set out on a quest to cleanse her Fallen Avatar, unlike the other three however they say this girl succeeded, her Avatarwas examined by the leaders of her Chantry, and then by other authorities of the Traditions and found to now be clean...but politics won over reason...and that young woman was put though the Gilgul rite...destroying any evidence for whatever or not the claim that she had been cleansed was true, in fact the case sparked quite a controversy since many younger magi felt the young lady's treatment was cruel and unneeded. Was she really cleansed? I do not know, but I choose to take from that story a ray of hope for Miss Alexander, perhaps it is possible for her to overcome what she had been born with."
The old mage said then he continued to listen to what Adley was saying, before he spoke again himself.
"It is true, I am leaving for the Umbra, it is time, it is no secret, your words though are most kind, I am not sure how much advice I can give though, but I will tell you what I know."
George said before he sipped his own tea.
"Are there more options for Miss Alexander than either to just let her be until she become fully corrupted, or destroy her Avatar? Perhaps, there is not many options though, but I did let her and her mentor stay here because I have hope something can be done for her."
The Archmage said then he put his teacup down and focused at Adley with those kind old eyes of him.
"First of all there are ways for a mage not to reincarnate, that do not destroy that mage, I doubt you have heard of such creatures but you have beings named Exemplars, these entities are mages who have entered a final seeking and become one with a Sphere, in effect becoming an Umbrood, a representation of that Sphere of reality, during this process the body and Avatar merge together, the willworker will never die, never be reborn but sadly also never reach Ascension. The problem with this solution is that even if Miss Alexander remain pure for all the years or even centuries it will take her to reach an understanding that she can undertake this process, will she remain pure once she merge with her Fallen Avatar? The last thing we need is a corrupted Exemplar as they are powerful beyond comprehension, rivaling the Oracles themselves it is said."
George said as he crossed options of on his slender fingers.
"Then you have something I do not even know if can be done. Have you heard of a phylactery Mr Roth Hicks? It is a rare condition where a Mage's Avatar take a physical form, magi with phylacterys are generally less affected by their Avatars directly and it should be able to trap the Avatar in one, so it can be controlled and prevented from leaving should the host die. Recently a courageous Sons of Ether was gravely wounded in the Umbra, his Avatar shattered but not destroyed, a team of our best and brightest are trying to reconstruct his Avatar into a artificial phylactery, it might be possible to do something similar for Miss Alexander, taking her Avatar out of her being, and forcing into to become a phylactery, protecting her from it's influence and trapping it so that when the girl one day die, that be in a year or a thousand, then her Avatar can be destroyed or dealt with, allowing the girl to keep her magick now in this life, while drastically reducing the risk she pose. Now off course doing something like that would be highly dangerous and experimental, not to mention it would cause allot of pain and sorrow for Miss Alexander but it might reduce the risk she pose without destroying her."
The Archmage said and crossed of another option.
"A third option is to try to figure out if that girl I spoke of earlier actually managed to cleanse her Avatar, and if so, how she accomplished that and then lead Miss Alexander on the long and hard road towards redemption, perhaps the most dangerous path to take, but the one with the most to win if it should succeed."
The old man sigh and looked down for a moment.
"I am sorry young man, I do not have an easy solution for you...I can however get you the contacting information to the former Cabal of the supposedly cleansed girl...talking with the ones closest to her might be a place to start to see if there is any road to redemption open for Miss Alexander, but I have to say that I am not optimistic, hopeful...yes, but not optimistic, however if Miss Alexander can be saved, perhaps you can also find out how to save others like her..."
George said as he poured more tea and was silent, letting Adley have the time he needed to mull over the information he had given him.

Narim adjusted his noted.
"Ah a member of a Craft recently absorbed into the Traditions...very good, very good."
The Virtual Adept nodded then he said.
"Yes we will not milk the Node dry, we have a deal."
Smiling the young Master then added.
"A Flambeau is a kind of war mage, they are a House of the Order of Hermes."
Narim said then he nodded to what the Dreamspeaker said about living at the docks.
"Very well, you are free to come and go as you please...welcome to Steelhaven Mr Karyak. Now is there any more information you need from me?"
The Technomancer said eager to get back to his work.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Well, now i need to schedule the classes and i would need to know who will be helping me with the node and who i have to deliver the Tass.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:44 pm

"I have not made a time table yet, however what if you give me some indication when it will be best for you to offer the classes to our young?"
Narim said then he continued.
"As for who will help you will the Node, that I have to discuss with Jeffry Morgan who handle our security forces, the tass you can deliver to me, I will try to get you help to protect the Node by tomorrow but since we have had a bit of a Nephandi problem as of yesterday there might be some delay, we off course do not expect payment before we have delivered on our end of the bargain."
The Deacon commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Great then. I can do it whenever you like, but i think that maybe 5 hours twice a week will be a good time. I'll start looking for the nephandi, meanwhile, to determine wheter it is in league with the FOmorian or not. Who should i talk to for that?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:08 pm

"Yes five hours twice a week seams like a good way to do it, I will work it out with those of our members who might want to attend your classes and then we will set up a timetable for it. Now as for the Nephandi, you have to speak with Jeffry Morgan, his office is down stairs on the first floor, just ask anyone they will show you the way, Jeffry is also on the Deacon Council and he is our Security Chief, now he have his student's Cabal working on this Nephandi problem of ours, they where the ones who discovered it, so he might want you to go with them and aid them in that, you are about their age and level of experience anyway so you might go well with them."
Narim said as he pointed towards the stairs that lead to the first floor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Well, then, it's all settled down. I'll go see Jeffry. Farewel. Tane rose and went to see Jeffry, in the first floor.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Hildegaard had told you where the Security Chief had his office, and you easily find it, you see the door is open as a handsome man who look like he might be Arabic, or Egyptian with a distinct nose, short dark hair, and intense dark eyes was showing two younger men out of his office, the man turned his head to look at Tane, his eyes narrowing as he saw an unfamiliar face.
"Hello young man, may I ask who you are."
The tall dark haired man said sternly.
"You are a mage I can feel that and I will assume you are friendly or you would not be walking around this Chantry so boldly, but I have never seen your face before."
The old mage said in an suspicious tone of voice."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Tane Karyak, Dreamspeaker. I've just joined the chantry. The Deacon Narim told me to come here. You're Jeffry Morgan, i presume? Tane gave out a hand in greeting.
I'm here to help against both the nephandi and a fomorian i came here hunting.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:05 am

Adley listened intently to the elder mage as he spoke, his tea going cold and untouched aside from the first few sips. It wasn't that it was bad tea, just that he was absorbed in what the man was telling him. For the first time since the evening prior that His mentor had told him Cerebus, but there were others aside from that one and Beatrice. He found it profoundly unfair that the woman had possibly been cleansed and yet given the Gilgul right. Why would anyone destroy knowledge, or chance of success, along with a person who, it seemed had overcome a great travesty?

"It is true, I am leaving for the Umbra, it is time, it is no secret, your words though are most kind, I am not sure how much advice I can give though, but I will tell you what I know."

"Anything you know would be helpful sir. And I do hope you find what it is you seek on your journey ahead."

"I am sorry young man, I do not have an easy solution for you...I can however get you the contacting information to the former Cabal of the supposedly cleansed girl...talking with the ones closest to her might be a place to start to see if there is any road to redemption open for Miss Alexander, but I have to say that I am not optimistic, hopeful...yes, but not optimistic, however if Miss Alexander can be saved, perhaps you can also find out how to save others like her..."

Adley was quiet several moments as he turned over all the options that the Primus told him of, one at a time and putting them back into current context, seeing how each of them made him feel. It was a lot of information to take in and he wanted to make sure he understood. "I did not expect it to be simple, sir. Though it seems as if politics has impeded truth, or the seeking of something better. I am concerned the same could happen again. Tell me, do you know who brought the woman to trial after she had been examined?" He looked down at the tea and took another sip. "And yes, if you could put me into contact with her cabal I would be grateful." There might not be enough time but there was no reason not to try to see what they had to say, assuming they would speak with him. At least he had something more to talk about with his cabal, though he too was wary of too much optimism. Still, it was more than he had yesterday - which was anger, a sense of betrayal and deep disturbance at the presence of an anathema. It was a way. Not an easy one, or a probably one. But there was potential to manifest something else. "Thank you," he said sincerely. It felt good to have something to work on, to -do- instead of sit idly by and wait and see what happened above him. Even if it was something small...he hoped that it wasn't a fools errand.

"I have probably taken up more of your time than you intended; I'm sure you have many things to attend to. Please allow me to give my statement, sir."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:56 am

George is quiet while Adley thinks about the information he had given him, the old mage knew very well how at times you just could not absorb information quickly, you had to let it sink in, then when the young man speaks George calmly answer him, one point at the time.

"Anything you know would be helpful sir. And I do hope you find what it is you seek on your journey ahead."

"Thank you, whatever I find young man, will be what I seek, I do not myself know where the path will take me, but I know my Avatar have nothing more to learn in this physical realm, the time will come when you to have to seek beyond the physical to continue your journey."
The ancient mage said and smiles.

"I did not expect it to be simple, sir. Though it seems as if politics has impeded truth, or the seeking of something better. I am concerned the same could happen again. Tell me, do you know who brought the woman to trial after she had been examined?"

The Deacon Primus sigh.
"Yes, politics often do that, get in the way, everyone clamors for a bit of power, everyone have good intentions, but the greatest harm can often come from good intentions when acted upon without wisdom. There are certainly political forces in motion that could destroy young Miss Alexander, before she have walked very far on the path to redemption, you must be aware of that, even should you manage to help her take those first few steps, you might loose her, you might end up with nothing but ash, but I think Mr Roth Hicks that you are the kind of man, who would rather try and fail, than sit idly by and do nothing."
George said as he sipped his tea.
"I do know who took the young woman I spoke of to trial, his name is Dominic Veran D'Angelo...yes he is the judge we are currently having difficulty with's brother, trained by the same mentor that they now both mourn, and I fear that grief have blinded both them, and some other Quaesitori to anything but the cold dispersal of punishment rather than looking at the greater picture..."
The old man said in a serious tone of voice.

"And yes, if you could put me into contact with her cabal I would be grateful." There might not be enough time but there was no reason not to try to see what they had to say, assuming they would speak with him. At least he had something more to talk about with his cabal, though he too was wary of too much optimism. Still, it was more than he had yesterday - which was anger, a sense of betrayal and deep disturbance at the presence of an anathema. It was a way. Not an easy one, or a probably one. But there was potential to manifest something else. "Thank you,"

"I will make a telephone call when you leave my chambers and see what I can find out, practical things those telephones, if only they did not represent the Technocracy's hold on the Consensus, but I guess they have brought something good to the world eh."
The old man said.
"If you could return to my room later this evening I should have the contact information, I can not guarantee that they will speak with you, but it might be worth it to make the attempt."
George then smiles.
"No need to thank me young one, there is not much I have been able to give you."

"I have probably taken up more of your time than you intended; I'm sure you have many things to attend to. Please allow me to give my statement, sir."

The ancient mage gave a slight grin.
"I tend to know how long something will take and what my day will bring young man, and in either case I am in no hurry, right now one of the things I have to attend to is helping you with this. But yes let us get that statement while it is fresh, now rest assured I will not read your mind, only copy the relevant information into written format, if you would please think about the incident."
The Deacon Primus said, he opened the ink well and...poured a good lump of it into his own tea cup and drank it, before he put his hand on the handmade piece of parchment, the other hand he rested gently against Adley's cheek, his hand feeling warm, but dry, as if to much time spend handling old books had sucked the moisture right out of them. George begun slowly chanting in Latin, and the system of his magick became clear, the man used the magickal system Bonisagus had made long before the Spheres, one with fifteen arts instead of nine, many Hermetics still used some of the words from that system, and young apprentices learned about it, this man lived it as he cast his spell.

Adley felt nothing, there where no discomfort and no change in his mind, but ink bled out of the old man's hand and begun to form words on the page under it, soon the parchment was willed with a neat handwriting documenting exactly what Adley had seen and heard D'Angelo do and say. Once done George took the parchment and handed it to the younger mage.
"Please read it over and confirm that it is correct and sign the testimony if you please Sodalis."
He said as he leaned back in his chair and was quiet as he let Adley read in peace.

Tane the dark haired mage looks at you as if you had just fallen from the moon before he sigh.
"I see, our Deacon Primus to be welcomed you to the Chantry now did he and felt no need to inform the rest of us...and you are hunting a...fomori, and now want to go after the Nephandi? Ok Mr Karyak do you feel like coming in and having a seat and running it all by me one more time?"
Jeffry said as he indicated one of the chairs in his small, unassuming office before he took the younger mage's hand.
"Jeffry Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau nice to meet you."
The old Hermetic said though he still sounded somewhat, skeptical.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:45 am

"Yes, politics often do that, get in the way, everyone clamors for a bit of power, everyone have good intentions, but the greatest harm can often come from good intentions when acted upon without wisdom...

He nodded to himself more than to the Deacon. Political power...it was certainly something he'd been having to deal with much more than he ever had before. He would have to get used to it and learn how to deal with it better than he had been.

"I do know who took the young woman I spoke of to trial, his name is Dominic Veran D'Angelo...yes he is the judge we are currently having difficulty with's brother, trained by the same mentor that they now both mourn, and I fear that grief have blinded both them, and some other Quaesitori to anything but the cold dispersal of punishment rather than looking at the greater picture..."

'...their mentor was killed by a Nephandi?" He couldn't help but think of his mentor and his brother, dead on the street in a hit by the Technocracy. He knew that the Chief didn't even seem to care much for technomancers of any kind, but Technocrats for obvious reasons were in another category...he couldn't blame him that he felt that way when he had no doubt lost so much, but the Primus had a point.

"If you could return to my room later this evening I should have the contact information, I can not guarantee that they will speak with you, but it might be worth it to make the attempt."

"I will be coming back from class late, it might be about eleven. If that is too late for you I can stop by in the morning, sir. Whatever is most convenient for you."

George then smiles."No need to thank me young one, there is not much I have been able to give you."

He found himself smiling back, just a small smile but he felt better than he had since the day before. "Perhaps I did not need much, just enough."

Adley watched curiously as the older man tipped ink into his cup and drank it. He was sure he'd never seen anything quite like this working done in front of him before, but the words he chanted in Latin gave him a clue as to what was going on. When the man reached out for his face he forced himself to sit still. He didn't expect it to hurt, as he'd been told otherwise but he hadn't been expecting a hand to come at his face, either. Fascinated, he watched as words spilled onto the parchment, eyes following the progression of the sentences in their steady march from his mind and onto the paper.

Once done George took the parchment and handed it to the younger mage. "Please read it over and confirm that it is correct and sign the testimony if you please Sodalis." He said as he leaned back in his chair and was quiet as he let Adley read in peace.

"Very interesting working..." he said, then turned to reading the product of it carefully. Everything being in order, he reached out for the pen and wrote his name onto the paper, his hand quick and sure: Adley Roth Hicks, Initiate Exemptus, bani Flambeau, filius Jeffry Amaris Morgan

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:18 am

'...their mentor was killed by a Nephandi?" He couldn't help but think of his mentor and his brother, dead on the street in a hit by the Technocracy. He knew that the Chief didn't even seem to care much for technomancers of any kind, but Technocrats for obvious reasons were in another category...he couldn't blame him that he felt that way when he had no doubt lost so much, but the Primus had a point.

George shook his head sadly and said in a soft tone of voice.
"No...their mentor was...destroyed in the same way that Vittoria D'Angelo now want to destroy your Cabalmate, you see the Caul, the horrid thing that twist an Avatar and make it fall, you have to enter it willingly, a person just thrown inside would just die in it's dark embrace, a person can be threatened inside though, and there are few things a mage fear more than to loose their Avatar, ah poor Arim, he was a good friend, a powerful mage and a good man, he was taken prisoner by the Nephandi and lost his Avatar as they tried to force him into the Caul, he never faltered...and even managed to tell his tale once his two apprentices stormed the Labyrinth with their forced, but they where to late to save him, Dominic and Vittoria spent three years caring for their lost mentor, watching him waste away, until he finally, mercifully managed to take his own life. I understand their hatred of anything to do with the Nephandi, however often when actions are ruled by hatred...cruelty and not justice are what are created.
The old mage said and there was a look in his grayish blue eyes, a deep sorrow for a friend long lost.
"Arim deserved better."
The ancient mage muttered.

"I will be coming back from class late, it might be about eleven. If that is too late for you I can stop by in the morning, sir. Whatever is most convenient for you."

I am usually up late into the evenings reading Mr Roth Hicks, eleven will be fine.

He found himself smiling back, just a small smile but he felt better than he had since the day before. "Perhaps I did not need much, just enough."

"Then I am glad to have been of help."
The old man said kindly offering a small smile of his own.

"Very interesting working..." he said, then turned to reading the product of it carefully. Everything being in order, he reached out for the pen and wrote his name onto the paper, his hand quick and sure: Adley Roth Hicks, Initiate Exemptus, bani Flambeau, filius Jeffry Amaris Morgan

The Deacon Primus expression turned to one of someone remembering something dare and fond and he smiled.
"Thank you young man, my own mentor created that working and taught it to me when I was not much older than you, it have served me well over the years, I fear it is old fashioned now though, it was created long before our Order developed Spheres...I guess and old fashioned Paradigm is fitting for an old man eh."
George said as he took the now signed parchment and sealed it with wax and pressed his own signet ring into it before he went to his desk and groaned as he bent down to open the door of the safe he kept under it and placed the signed document there and closed the door before he used the desk to lean on as he slowly got back up.
"It seams Mr Roth Hicks that old age is finally catching up with me."
George said then he returned to his seat.
"Oh and one more thing young man, your friend Mr Wainwright left a message for you when he was here to give his testimony, he extended his invitation for you to visit him in his workshop."
George said as he poured himself some more tea and smiles.
"I would offer you another cup young man, but I know you out of politeness would accept, and you have a busy day ahead of you, do you not...so instead I will only thank you for your testimony and wish you a pleasant day Mr Roth Hicks."
The ancient mage said and grinned.
"Young mages are always busy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 am

"No...their mentor was...destroyed in the same way that Vittoria D'Angelo now want to destroy your Cabalmate, you see the Caul, the horrid thing that twist an Avatar and make it fall, you have to enter it willingly, a person just thrown inside would just die in it's dark embrace, a person can be threatened inside though...

His brows knitted together. "I'm not quite sure I understand what happened to him, sir. The Nephandi captured him, and tried to...convert him, to go through the Caul of his own voilition. But he refused? And this caused him to lose his avatar but he did die, as his apprentices found him?"

"Thank you young man, my own mentor created that working and taught it to me when I was not much older than you, it have served me well over the years, I fear it is old fashioned now though, it was created long before our Order developed Spheres...I guess and old fashioned Paradigm is fitting for an old man eh?

"I works, sir, 'old-fashioned' or not. And it is still useful, which is what matters."

"Oh and one more thing young man, your friend Mr Wainwright left a message for you when he was here to give his testimony, he extended his invitation for you to visit him in his workshop."George said as he poured himself some more tea and smiles."I would offer you another cup young man, but I know you out of politeness would accept, and you have a busy day ahead of you, do you not...so instead I will only thank you for your testimony and wish you a pleasant day Mr Roth Hicks."

"Thank you for letting me know," he said, nodding. He smiled a little again as the man declined offering him another cup and stood up, bowing. "It was my pleasure, Deacon Primus, good day to you. I shall see you later this evening unless I am quite later than I intend."

He turned to leave, having quite a bit to think about now. He checked on the time and thought about the tasks remaining, which included having something to eat, he reminded himself. First though, perhaps he would stop in to see Colin while he had a few moments.

//should I assume that Adley knows where Colin's workshop is, Warp?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:13 am

His brows knitted together. "I'm not quite sure I understand what happened to him, sir. The Nephandi captured him, and tried to...convert him, to go through the Caul of his own voilition. But he refused? And this caused him to lose his avatar but he did die, as his apprentices found him?"

"From what Arim said when the Nephandi captured him and he refused to join, first they offered him power, when again he refused they tortured him and threatened to take his life, again he refused, then they threatened to Gilgul him unless he entered the Caul..again he refused, and they carried out their Threat, the Order of Hermes created that rite young man, but the other factions have it as well and have for some time. Arim's apprentices found him alive yes, but a mage without his magick...Arim lived for a few years after that, if you could call it living, his apprentice did not want to let him go, but few magi you have gone through what he did...live very long, his at that time, young students however got to see their mentor live each day wishing he was dead, falling more and more into a deep depression from which there where no return."
George said and sigh.
"I do not know exactly what happened in the Labyrinth, I was not there, I know Vittoria and her brother lead a strike team of Flambeau to save their mentor, cleaning that foul place out, they found Arim in a cell, physically he was fine save superficial wounds from torture...but...his Avatar was shredded."
The ancient mage looked sad and said no more.

"I works, sir, 'old-fashioned' or not. And it is still useful, which is what matters."

"Work it do, work it do. I realize off course that today the Sphere system is a better way to view the world, but I have become set in my ways, thank you though, the rote do have sentimental value."
The old mage said and smiles kindly.

"Thank you for letting me know," he said, nodding. He smiled a little again as the man declined offering him another cup and stood up, bowing. "It was my pleasure, Deacon Primus, good day to you. I shall see you later this evening unless I am quite later than I intend."

"Good day to you as well young man."
George said and inclined his head towards the younger mage as he left.

(OOC: Yeah the Chantry is not that big, Adley would know where Colin have his workshop. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:52 am

((OOC: It's no secret - it's in the silversmith shop around the corner from the Chantry itself; maybe a couple hundred feet away from the front door. Whether you know it actually doubles as a Sanctum... I'm not so sure - Colin probably wouldn't exactly advertise it to the world, as such.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:14 pm

((OOC: It is not sure Adley or anyone know that Colin work his magick at this workshop, though off course the special protections given by mage law do not apply unless he advertise it, however Adley do know Colin is a silversmith and that this place a few hundred meters from the Chantry is where he make things so yes, his workshop.))
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:16 pm

((OOC: Colin would have informed the "upper management" at the Chantry, of course, but probably no more than on a "need to know basis", as it were - Adley might've been informed by Morgan, but if Morgan didn't think it important enough... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:08 pm

"From what Arim said when the Nephandi captured him and he refused to join, first they offered him power, when again he refused they tortured him and threatened to take his life, again he refused, then they threatened to Gilgul him unless he entered the Caul..again he refused, and they carried out their Threat, the Order of Hermes created that rite young man, but the other factions have it as well and have for some time.

"I see," he said frowning. He looked down as he spoke; truly a horrible fate. It did not bode well for Beatrice, either should she have her avatar gilguled, though she had not been tortured by Nephandi at least. He remembered the Deacon's words about why the judge had her reasons for hating the Nephandi. No doubt this was what he was speaking of.

Adley walked through the main area of the Chantry and from there outside, turning the corner and heading to the silversmith shop. When he got there, he will knock on the door if the door is locked, or if the shop is open, he'll proceed inside to see if he can find Colin.

// Just as long as he knows where his shop is, then it's a logical deduction his workshop is around there at least. As for if he knows it's a Sanctum, well that's up to you guys but it's enough for him to know where to go, which is why I asked ^_^

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:55 pm

((OOC: Wait, what time is it? If it's within normal business hours, Agnes, the store clerk would be at the register, with instructions to show Adley in. If not, the lights will be off, but the door to the back of the shop will be ajar, a little light shining out.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next