Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

5 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 6 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:19 am

[Villa, 4.45]

That might be true, but it's the world how it is, and you're in it.'

"Why do it affect me in any way what pepole I have no interest in being with think of me without even know me, if they do not like me let them just stay away, why should that bother me?"
Bruce replied with a shrug.

'Not really. Being a good person don't mean you have good judgement...'

"That is fair enough but I don't really know how to go about it other than you know asking someone I am interested in if they want to go for coffee or something, or if we share a interest as if they want to go and make something together or something, what else could I do?"
The Artificer asked helplessly.

[Nicole's Apartment 5.45]

The damage hadn't been as bad as she'd expected; a blown regulator and dead fuse, causing diversion to backup systems. The main capacitor was okay, which was a relief; it being one of the more expensive tubes. Swapped over the damaged parts, dug out the spare plate for the cracked one. Just as she was about to give the blades a clean-down, the door knocked.

'Erm... who is it?' she'll call out suspiciously, a little aware of being in only her underwear.

"Ehm...it is Fran, I hope I did not wake you Nick, I just wanted to let you know it seams we have a new member at the Chantry or potential member at least so if you see a woman with long red hair that is not Bianca Russo then don't shoot her ok, she is supposed to be here."
The Euthanathos informed you.
"The others are meeting her downstairs...anyway I just wanted to let you know someone enw is here since we are all a bit on edge."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53 - Page 6 Empty Re: Welcoming Morrigan, Leaving the Labyrinth and Well Earned Rest IC Thread 53

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:59 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, but there's a line between "not caring what they think" and telling folks to fuck themselves.'

Anja's Post:

'That's half the problem, like; getting to the places where you can meet those people. Second problem, trying to find someone who's not some jealous jerk who wants you always in their sight or something. Or, in your case some clingy gal who'd go to the bathroom with you if there was enough room in the stall...'

Anja's Post:

'What? Fran? Come in, can't hear you right.' Nicole will call, getting up off the chair, draining the cup of now lukewarm coffee. The fact the Etherite was in her underwear not as bad as it first appeared due to the fact it was a comfy, mis-matched pair for sports which almost had enough coverage to pass as workout gear.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:25 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

'Yeah, but there's a line between "not caring what they think" and telling folks to fuck themselves.'

Bruce scratched his head a bit and looked rather confused.
"Ehm...yes, where did telling someone to go fuck themselves really come into the picture, I am just saying that I do not care what someoe say about how I look I feel no need to change to please others and if someone would nto date me for what they think of someone with allot of muscles well then that is no loss to me."
The Orphan said still sounding confused.

'That's half the problem, like; getting to the places where you can meet those people. Second problem, trying to find someone who's not some jealous jerk who wants you always in their sight or something. Or, in your case some clingy gal who'd go to the bathroom with you if there was enough room in the stall...'

"Well yes that would be bothersome...I guess I don't go out much. I do sort of like Nico that Verditius we have taken in, though I met them at well their Chantry actually and they like making things as well, so I guess I would meet putential partners in mage society, would be kind of hard to date a sleeper I guess I mean it would but that person in danger and all."
The artificer said and he scratched his ehad again.

What? Fran? Come in, can't hear you right.' Nicole will call, getting up off the chair, draining the cup of now lukewarm coffee. The fact the Etherite was in her underwear not as bad as it first appeared due to the fact it was a comfy, mis-matched pair for sports which almost had enough coverage to pass as workout gear.

"Okey."
Fran said and she opened the door and entered Nicole's apartment, she looked around for a moment and glanced over at Nicole but she did not really seam to mind the Etherite's state of undress.
"I said there is someone new at the Chantry, a potential new member so I just wanted to tell you so that if you see them in the hallway you don't end up shooting them or something...for that would be bad."
The death maga said with a frown.
"And we are all on edge right now so better warn you before you see a new face wandering around."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:05 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Anja wrote:"Well divination back in time is a possibility unless they have warded themselves."
Helga said with a nod.
"It is worth a shot before we strap them down and bring out the hot irons at least."

"That and a lot more things are certainly worth a shot." Serge said with a nod. "But that'll be fore the Security chief to decide. He came back with you guys right?"

Anja wrote:"Probably to do with the Nephandi, since you said this creature wanted to free the Nephandi prisoners, well I guess that is better than one more enemy we have to deal with but yeah, we can figure it out tomorrow."
Marian said with a yawn.

"Get some rest man. No need to worry about tomorrow's problems today." Serge advised.

Colin wrote:He held up his phone, pulling up the photo of the little drider-like baby, "it's a Korean name, his mother... agreed to return to Korea with her son to save his life. The markings are a dead giveaway for anyone who knows anything about werespiders, and depicting them would get you targeted for questioning by the Ananasi, so they could try to hunt down and kill this newborn and his mother... We won't want that."
Anja wrote:The picture on Colin's phone showed an infant, well his upper body was that of a human child, a little Korean boy only a few months old, a bit of black hair atop his head and big, dark brown eyes, he did have mandibles though they was fairly well hidden unless you looked closely at his face, his lover body was that of a nearly transperrant spider, eight legs curled about his mother's arm, up and down his skin was markings, not quite tattoos, more part of his skin. The baby looked content and happy but sleepy and he looked at the persont taking the picture.

"Holy shit, it's like the spider boss from dark souls had a baby!" Serge said excitedly, bringing his face right up to the phone screen so that he could get a look at the creature. "Aww man, so you didn't bring them with you. Damn, imagine if we had a couple of werespider's hanging around the chantry. That'd be sick!"

Anja wrote:He sighed and scratched his stomach through the shredded front of his suit, "The Labyrinth, though... his name is Toby, and he's mine now. We'll be heading back there soon enough, and I'll want you to come along; if you can help make a more permanent and real imaginary friend for him, that would be a great help in keeping him company."

"Oh we're going back to the labyrinth." Serge said, not sure how to feel about that. "Yeah I'll go along. Never seen a labyrinth before. So is Toby just really lonely?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Anja wrote:"I went through the eyeballs a few times as well as we moved around the Labyrinth so I know."
Marian said with a frown.
"It might be itneresting to explore Toby further but yes I do not really enjoy the eyeball travel no, like being bathed in roadkill."
The death magus said with a frown.
Colin nodded, "Good for bypassing wards or getting around in a hurry, but I think I shall prefer walking once the Qlippothic wards are removed."

Jeremy wrote:"Holy shit, it's like the spider boss from dark souls had a baby!" Serge said excitedly, bringing his face right up to the phone screen so that he could get a look at the creature. "Aww man, so you didn't bring them with you. Damn, imagine if we had a couple of werespider's hanging around the chantry. That'd be sick!"
He grinned, "Not familiar with Dark Souls, I'm afraid - but he's very much like a baby drider from Dungeons & Dragons. And... adoption was on the table, for a very brief period of time, but it would have been much too complicated."
He turned serious, "But seriously, if I give you a copy of the photo, you are under no circumstances to put it online, you're keeping your computer up-to-date on Master Sharaya's security protocols, and you are not drawing the patterns on his back. Those are dead giveaways, and if Ananasi, such as Tane's associate Alyssa, see the little guy, they'll go to the ends of the earth to hunt him down and kill him and his mother. That is part of why it would have been unsafe to adopt him here... That, and his need to feed on fresh blood, and inability to change shape until he reaches maturity in, oh, between ten and twenty years, as I understand it."

Jeremy wrote:"Oh we're going back to the labyrinth." Serge said, not sure how to feel about that. "Yeah I'll go along. Never seen a labyrinth before. So is Toby just really lonely?"
He smiled thinly, "Not until we've all had some rest... we've got go through the place and sort through... well, wards and defenses the Fallen put in place, the resident spirits, and essentially loot the whole complex. There's a lot of real estate there, and it's probably going to prove quite an asset as an... offsite storage location, for example, or a place to experiment with new spells without Paradox being so much of an issue. And Toby just lost the one human he was intimately bonded with; closer than married, and he's got a mind comparable to a mix of a large dog and a playful dolphin. He mourns, poor guy."

He pocketed his phone again, leaning on the branched metal staff (Brass? Bronze? Probably one of the two...) with the gears and keys hanging off the little tree-crown at the top, and grabbed a sandwich, taking a goodly bite, "So, that aside, I hear there's a new member arrived?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

"That and a lot more things are certainly worth a shot." Serge said with a nod. "But that'll be fore the Security chief to decide. He came back with you guys right?"

"Yeah he was a bit later at leaving the villa than us but he should be here soon and yes it is for Chief Morgan to decide."
Helga agreed.

"Get some rest man. No need to worry about tomorrow's problems today." Serge advised.

"Fair enough...we also have that vampire we need to fetch tomorrow though."
Marian said with a tired sigh.
"But yeah rest is a good idea."

Colin nodded, "Good for bypassing wards or getting around in a hurry, but I think I shall prefer walking once the Qlippothic wards are removed."

"I would prefer not to get blown up by agressive wards set by Nephandi yes, I mean as much as I respect death I would prefer to stya in this incernation a little while longer."
Marian said with a sigh.
"But once the place is safe exploring it would be fun."

He grinned, "Not familiar with Dark Souls, I'm afraid - but he's very much like a baby drider from Dungeons & Dragons. And... adoption was on the table, for a very brief period of time, but it would have been much too complicated."
He turned serious, "But seriously, if I give you a copy of the photo, you are under no circumstances to put it online, you're keeping your computer up-to-date on Master Sharaya's security protocols, and you are not drawing the patterns on his back. Those are dead giveaways, and if Ananasi, such as Tane's associate Alyssa, see the little guy, they'll go to the ends of the earth to hunt him down and kill him and his mother. That is part of why it would have been unsafe to adopt him here... That, and his need to feed on fresh blood, and inability to change shape until he reaches maturity in, oh, between ten and twenty years, as I understand it."

"Ananasi are hated and feared among the fera as they can be ruthless and that is coming from me I eat those that annoy me."
Coawa said as he chomed down on a sanwich as if it was the skull of one of his enemies.
"And they are zealots, well most of them are, the woman and her child we met in the Labyrinth are outcasts of the main society and they serve another tribal totem which is not tolerated...at all. I mean Alessa had her own sister shot in the head for joining the same group so while she is nice enough just talking with her if she found a Komu...she would show no mercy regardless of age, she would exterminate the two of them if she got her hands on them, the spiders might even be allowed to form a temperary school...them slew...pack...no I remember it now clutch or something to go after a known Komu."
The wershark warned.
"Do not fuck with the Ananasi I am just warning you kid."

He pocketed his phone again, leaning on the branched metal staff (Brass? Bronze? Probably one of the two...) with the gears and keys hanging off the little tree-crown at the top, and grabbed a sandwich, taking a goodly bite, "So, that aside, I hear there's a new member arrived?"

"You was the one to take Morrigan up to see Master Sharaya where you not Mr Yager?"
Marian asked as he took another andwich.
"So yeah she have arrived, but I am suprised you know about her yet Mr Wainwright...more future visions?"
The Euthanathos asked eying your staff, that you are pretty sure are brass and raising an eyebrow.
"Well I am heading to bed...thanks for the food kids!"
The death magus said and he waved with his sanswich to Stephen and Serge before heading towards the stairs after yawing again. Stpehen bowed to the older mage and went right back to phanding out food for everyone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:18 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'There's a line between not trying to be someone else and rubbing it in other people's faces. It's why the likes of tattoo artists really make sure before doing ink that can't be hidden.' flexing out her tattoo'd hand for a moment. 'This baby basically halfed my job prospects...'

Anja's Post:

'Nico?' trying to remember if they'd seen this person. 'Though I don't see why you couldn't date a Mundie. Okay, not a regular boring Mundie who'll bitch if you have to shoot off for a day or so here and there, but there are folks out there who ain't looking for a regular boring guy either. There's always the point where you'll have to level with 'em, but that's like picking out baby names even before you're found the gal.'

[Nicole's Apartment, 5.45]

Anja's Post:

'New person? Wait... it's not the right time for new people.' giving a little frown. 'Well, what does this one look like? Three heads and tentacles, right?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:31 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Anja wrote:"Ananasi are hated and feared among the fera as they can be ruthless and that is coming from me I eat those that annoy me."
Coawa said as he chomed down on a sanwich as if it was the skull of one of his enemies.
"And they are zealots, well most of them are, the woman and her child we met in the Labyrinth are outcasts of the main society and they serve another tribal totem which is not tolerated...at all. I mean Alessa had her own sister shot in the head for joining the same group so while she is nice enough just talking with her if she found a Komu...she would show no mercy regardless of age, she would exterminate the two of them if she got her hands on them, the spiders might even be allowed to form a temperary school...them slew...pack...no I remember it now clutch or something to go after a known Komu."
The wershark warned.
Colin nodded, "They are rational, far as I can tell, but not tolerant."

Anja wrote:"You was the one to take Morrigan up to see Master Sharaya where you not Mr Yager?"
"So yeah she have arrived, but I am suprised you know about her yet Mr Wainwright...more future visions?"
The Euthanathos asked eying your staff, that you are pretty sure are brass and raising an eyebrow.
The death magus said and he waved with his sanswich to Stephen and Serge before heading towards the stairs after yawing again. Stpehen bowed to the older mage and went right back to phanding out food for everyone.
He grinned and pointed a thumb to his ear, "Not a vision, as such... I heard murmurs about a new member when I walked into the room; seems the word got out before I got in."
He glanced up at the staff, "Ah, yes, Wrinkle told me to keep Rust's staff... who am I to argue?"

((OOC: Y'know, as a technicality, Nico would be the one to worry if Bruce was trying to check off a fetish checkbox... Razz Don't think he'd be, but you know...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:43 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Not familiar with Dark Souls, I'm afraid - but he's very much like a baby drider from Dungeons & Dragons. And... adoption was on the table, for a very brief period of time, but it would have been much too complicated."

"Ok those last two reasons were pretty weak. I'm way more high maintenance than this guy." Serge said jokingly, very clearly wanting to have had a tiny half spider baby to play with. "But yeah. Don't worry. I promise I won't show that picture or the markings in it to the world. I don't particularly want to endanger a baby. And it's not like everything I make I post online. Union would certainly be on my case if I did."

Anja wrote:"Ananasi are hated and feared among the fera as they can be ruthless and that is coming from me I eat those that annoy me."
The wershark warned.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "They are rational, far as I can tell, but not tolerant."

After getting over the slight shock of the sudden arrival of the massive man, Serge replied, "So many different were-creatures. All with there own driven by different things for different purposes. It's fascinating to me. Especially your guy's war-forms. Were-spiders have it too right?"

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "Not until we've all had some rest... we've got go through the place and sort through... well, wards and defenses the Fallen put in place, the resident spirits, and essentially loot the whole complex. There's a lot of real estate there, and it's probably going to prove quite an asset as an... offsite storage location, for example, or a place to experiment with new spells without Paradox being so much of an issue. And Toby just lost the one human he was intimately bonded with; closer than married, and he's got a mind comparable to a mix of a large dog and a playful dolphin. He mourns, poor guy."

"Sounds like a handy place to have, if we can get rid of that Nephandic rot that is. And the flesh walls." Serge mused, "I can see what I can do for this guy. But losing someone that close to you is a real blow. It'll take some time to recover from it. If he's in the mood for an imaginary friend I'm sure Deaconess O'Connor could whip one up. She already did that for me."

Colin wrote:He pocketed his phone again, leaning on the branched metal staff (Brass? Bronze? Probably one of the two...) with the gears and keys hanging off the little tree-crown at the top, and grabbed a sandwich, taking a goodly bite, "So, that aside, I hear there's a new member arrived?"
Anja wrote:"You was the one to take Morrigan up to see Master Sharaya where you not Mr Yager?"

"Oh yeah! Morrigan. Dude she's sick. She's got red hair and she's a ninja!" Serge said excitedly. "Also something feels strangely familiar about her as well. Can't put my finger on it though. Anyways, yeah she should be with Master Sharaya."

He waved goodbye to Marian as he left before continuing to talk with his cabal leader.

Colin wrote:He grinned and pointed a thumb to his ear, "Not a vision, as such... I heard murmurs about a new member when I walked into the room; seems the word got out before I got in."
He glanced up at the staff, "Ah, yes, Wrinkle told me to keep Rust's staff... who am I to argue?"

"Rust's the jackass who kept sending weird time problems at us right? Well glad he's dealt with. And that you got some loot of him as well." he said, eyeing the metal staff quite fondly. "So that's a time masters staff? That's pretty awesome. Have you tried casting a spell with it yet?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:27 am

[Villa, 4.45]

[quote'There's a line between not trying to be someone else and rubbing it in other people's faces. It's why the likes of tattoo artists really make sure before doing ink that can't be hidden.' flexing out her tattoo'd hand for a moment. 'This baby basically halfed my job prospects...'[/quote]

"I don't see how just being me is rubbing anyone's nose in it. I mean they can accept me as I am or leave me alone. I am aware though that I am a big and strong man so it might be easier for me to say that than a woman but I still think it is a healthy attitude."
Bruce grunted.

Nico?' trying to remember if they'd seen this person. 'Though I don't see why you couldn't date a Mundie. Okay, not a regular boring Mundie who'll bitch if you have to shoot off for a day or so here and there, but there are folks out there who ain't looking for a regular boring guy either. There's always the point where you'll have to level with 'em, but that's like picking out baby names even before you're found the gal.'

"Nico is the rebis Verdititus we saved from Lux Iternis after their own Chantry flogged them and put them wounded out on the street."
The Orphan said sounding angry at how the rebis had been treated.
"They have lived with us since then."
He said then he sigh.
"I guess so about sleepers but when we get to involved with sleepers we end up putting them in risk of getting dragged into our war and that just is not right."

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin nodded, "They are rational, far as I can tell, but not tolerant."

"Yeah pretty much."
Coawa said around mouthfulls of sandwish.

He grinned and pointed a thumb to his ear, "Not a vision, as such... I heard murmurs about a new member when I walked into the room; seems the word got out before I got in."

"Wrinkle told you to..."
Marian begun then he shook his head.
"No I am to tured I don't want to know...shit...and yeah we seam to have a new member or a new potential member at least."

After getting over the slight shock of the sudden arrival of the massive man, Serge replied, "So many different were-creatures. All with there own driven by different things for different purposes. It's fascinating to me. Especially your guy's war-forms. Were-spiders have it too right?"

"Yeah they have three of them actually, and it depend from induvidual to induvidual which war form they have, one based on taking damage and keep going one based on just sheer strength and the one the baby is in for speed."
Coawa replied.
"Or so Alessa says. The first two are more common among the women and the speed based one among their men."

Sounds like a handy place to have, if we can get rid of that Nephandic rot that is. And the flesh walls." Serge mused, "I can see what I can do for this guy. But losing someone that close to you is a real blow. It'll take some time to recover from it. If he's in the mood for an imaginary friend I'm sure Deaconess O'Connor could whip one up. She already did that for me."

"You can not get rid of the flehs walls for that is what the Labyrinth is sort of made of, it is like going into a stone building and getting rid of the stone."
Marian grunted on his way to the stairs.
"So the place will stay creepy."

He waved goodbye to Marian as he left before continuing to talk with his cabal leader.

Marrian nodded and gave a wave before he headed up to bed.

New person? Wait... it's not the right time for new people.' giving a little frown. 'Well, what does this one look like? Three heads and tentacles, right?'

"I agree it is not the time for new members but here she is, and she is a young woman with long red hair, she looks a bit like Bianca Rosso but but prettier."
Fran replied with a shrug.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:16 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Jeremy wrote:"Ok those last two reasons were pretty weak. I'm way more high maintenance than this guy." Serge said jokingly, very clearly wanting to have had a tiny half spider baby to play with. "But yeah. Don't worry. I promise I won't show that picture or the markings in it to the world. I don't particularly want to endanger a baby. And it's not like everything I make I post online. Union would certainly be on my case if I did."
Colin nodded, "A wise policy. Posting a 'fantasy' painting of a baby... spider-centaur should be fine, it's the distinct markings that are at issue. And yes, I agree, the last two reasons were the minor concerns - though I'm sure Master Morgan would have had an ulcer if I adopted another such... unconventional Custos tonight."

Jeremy wrote:After getting over the slight shock of the sudden arrival of the massive man, Serge replied, "So many different were-creatures. All with there own driven by different things for different purposes. It's fascinating to me. Especially your guy's war-forms. Were-spiders have it too right?"
Anja wrote:"Yeah they have three of them actually, and it depend from induvidual to induvidual which war form they have, one based on taking damage and keep going one based on just sheer strength and the one the baby is in for speed."
Coawa replied.
"Or so Alessa says. The first two are more common among the women and the speed based one among their men."
He nodded, "Si-Woo is, in fact, in his war form - he was born that way, and can't change shape until he comes of age. He... well, his mother decided his life was more valuable than her own, an anomaly among her kind, it seems, and that saved her life, too."

Jeremy wrote:"Sounds like a handy place to have, if we can get rid of that Nephandic rot that is. And the flesh walls." Serge mused, "I can see what I can do for this guy. But losing someone that close to you is a real blow. It'll take some time to recover from it. If he's in the mood for an imaginary friend I'm sure Deaconess O'Connor could whip one up. She already did that for me."
Anja wrote:"You can not get rid of the flehs walls for that is what the Labyrinth is sort of made of, it is like going into a stone building and getting rid of the stone."
He smiled thinly, "The flesh walls are the body of the Labyrinth creature itself - removing those is out of the question. Nephandic rot, though... there's a spot that wound up a little sullied by the presence of a Meajin Incarna, before I talked him into leaving, but on the whole, he's Entropic, not corrupted. And if he had the physical ability to climb onto your lap for scritches, he would."
He turned serious, "True, Lady Mara would probably be better at conjuring an imaginary friend than you are - however, her mind is a little on the alien side, in an entirely different direction, and... she was badly injured, as you recall. I'd rather not ask her for any favours that would run the risk of exhausting her so soon."

Jeremy wrote:"Oh yeah! Morrigan. Dude she's sick. She's got red hair and she's a ninja!" Serge said excitedly. "Also something feels strangely familiar about her as well. Can't put my finger on it though. Anyways, yeah she should be with Master Sharaya."

He arched an eyebrow, "Morrigan... a red-haired ninja. That sounds rather implausible, unless she's of the McNinja clan... ah, you might not have read that comic; it's a bizarre and silly series."

Anja wrote:"Wrinkle told you to..."
Marian begun then he shook his head.
"No I am to tured I don't want to know...shit...and yeah we seam to have a new member or a new potential member at least."
Jeremy wrote:"Rust's the jackass who kept sending weird time problems at us right? Well glad he's dealt with. And that you got some loot of him as well." he said, eyeing the metal staff quite fondly. "So that's a time masters staff? That's pretty awesome. Have you tried casting a spell with it yet?"
He grinned, "Well, I had to hand Wrinkle proof Rust was stopped, didn't I? Hm, aside from using it to signal the greatest Paradox Spirit, I've not tried any magic with it, and I won't until I've had some rest... I'm probably going to melt down the staff part to a more, hm, socially innocuous size, once I've determined what magic lingers in the various elements of it. There are some... gifts within that I need to examine first; they'll come in handy some day."

He took another bite of the sandwich, "Hm, my compliments to the chef."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:03 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin nodded, "A wise policy. Posting a 'fantasy' painting of a baby... spider-centaur should be fine, it's the distinct markings that are at issue. And yes, I agree, the last two reasons were the minor concerns - though I'm sure Master Morgan would have had an ulcer if I adopted another such... unconventional Custos tonight."

"Besides spawn like that needs allot of care, like a human spawn would, not like a young shark or for that matter a spiderling, it would be allot of work to feed him and care for him."
Coawa said with a shrug.
"I have read a book on human spawn, all they do for about two years is eat, shit, piss and eat and if you leave them alone for some time they just die, how impractial. I could swim beside my mother and hunt from the time I was born and before I left her belly I had already hunted, killed and eaten all my siblings, that is much more practical."
He added proudly.

He nodded, "Si-Woo is, in fact, in his war form - he was born that way, and can't change shape until he comes of age. He... well, his mother decided his life was more valuable than her own, an anomaly among her kind, it seems, and that saved her life, too."

"Komu unlike regular Ananasi are usually Qyrl tainted, thorugh not always, even so most are practical and it is just not in their nature to give their life for their offspring, unless the type of spider they are have that instinct, wolf spiders are fiercely protective of their young for example and male house spiders let themselves die so their partner and their young can eat their bodies, but a tarentula no...the adult female could always have another offspring but the offspring would die without her care, it makes no sense for her to give her life for a spawn that would just die without her but I guess if the spawn had a caretaker it might be worth it."
Coawa chimed in.

He smiled thinly, "The flesh walls are the body of the Labyrinth creature itself - removing those is out of the question. Nephandic rot, though... there's a spot that wound up a little sullied by the presence of a Meajin Incarna, before I talked him into leaving, but on the whole, he's Entropic, not corrupted. And if he had the physical ability to climb onto your lap for scritches, he would."
He turned serious, "True, Lady Mara would probably be better at conjuring an imaginary friend than you are - however, her mind is a little on the alien side, in an entirely different direction, and... she was badly injured, as you recall. I'd rather not ask her for any favours that would run the risk of exhausting her so soon."

"I am amased that you manage to talk so many...beings into doing what you want Mr Wainwright."
Helga commented.
"Talking a Meajin Incarna into leaving the fight, that is quite...amazing. I am not sure we could ahve dealt with him if he had decided he wanted to be a problem."

He arched an eyebrow, "Morrigan... a red-haired ninja. That sounds rather implausible, unless she's of the McNinja clan... ah, you might not have read that comic; it's a bizarre and silly series."

"I belive it is Mr Yager's non to respectul nickname for the Aakashic Brotherhood Mr Wainwright, a nickname most of the Akashics are non to pelase about."
Marian said.
"I know my brother is not fond of it for example."

He grinned, "Well, I had to hand Wrinkle proof Rust was stopped, didn't I? Hm, aside from using it to signal the greatest Paradox Spirit, I've not tried any magic with it, and I won't until I've had some rest... I'm probably going to melt down the staff part to a more, hm, socially innocuous size, once I've determined what magic lingers in the various elements of it. There are some... gifts within that I need to examine first; they'll come in handy some day."

Marian just headed up the stairs shaking his head.

Kyle grinned and he gave you a weave of his hand as he handed out more sandwiches.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:57 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "A wise policy. Posting a 'fantasy' painting of a baby... spider-centaur should be fine, it's the distinct markings that are at issue. And yes, I agree, the last two reasons were the minor concerns - though I'm sure Master Morgan would have had an ulcer if I adopted another such... unconventional Custos tonight."

"Hasn't stopped you before. Ahhh well...least we got the picture." he replied, getting a closer look at the picture on the phone. "Spider-centaur's are actually fairly common among fantasy works. Think they started with a greek myth. DnD's drow made sure the idea stuck around. The Anasasi are probably where all those works took inspiration from."

Anja wrote:"Yeah they have three of them actually, and it depend from induvidual to induvidual which war form they have, one based on taking damage and keep going one based on just sheer strength and the one the baby is in for speed."
Coawa replied.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Si-Woo is, in fact, in his war form - he was born that way, and can't change shape until he comes of age. He... well, his mother decided his life was more valuable than her own, an anomaly among her kind, it seems, and that saved her life, too."

"So this baby currently has the strength to rip me in half. Or beat me in a race. Or both." he said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:"You can not get rid of the flehs walls for that is what the Labyrinth is sort of made of, it is like going into a stone building and getting rid of the stone."
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "The flesh walls are the body of the Labyrinth creature itself - removing those is out of the question. Nephandic rot, though... there's a spot that wound up a little sullied by the presence of a Meajin Incarna, before I talked him into leaving, but on the whole, he's Entropic, not corrupted. And if he had the physical ability to climb onto your lap for scritches, he would."
Anja wrote:"I am amased that you manage to talk so many...beings into doing what you want Mr Wainwright."
Helga commented.
"Talking a Meajin Incarna into leaving the fight, that is quite...amazing. I am not sure we could ahve dealt with him if he had decided he wanted to be a problem."

"Guess the flesh walls are part of the whole Labyrinth aesthetic." Serge said, seeming quite unfazed at the story of his cabal leader talking away a Maejin Incarna, "Was that Maejin Incarna the same one I warned you about? His near arrival spooked a bunch of people here."

Colin wrote:He turned serious, "True, Lady Mara would probably be better at conjuring an imaginary friend than you are - however, her mind is a little on the alien side, in an entirely different direction, and... she was badly injured, as you recall. I'd rather not ask her for any favours that would run the risk of exhausting her so soon."

"You know she's not that strange." he said with a slight sigh, as he remembered what had happened the Deaconess. "I have an idea for who could be Toby's replacement friend. How's he feel about spiders? Or slime?"

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Morrigan... a red-haired ninja. That sounds rather implausible, unless she's of the McNinja clan... ah, you might not have read that comic; it's a bizarre and silly series."
Anja wrote:"I belive it is Mr Yager's non to respectul nickname for the Aakashic Brotherhood Mr Wainwright, a nickname most of the Akashics are non to pelase about."
Marian said.

"It's a term of endearment. At least from my perspective." Serge replied humorously, "Also I don't think she minds too much. She's a bit unconventional for an Akashic."

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Well, I had to hand Wrinkle proof Rust was stopped, didn't I? Hm, aside from using it to signal the greatest Paradox Spirit, I've not tried any magic with it, and I won't until I've had some rest... I'm probably going to melt down the staff part to a more, hm, socially innocuous size, once I've determined what magic lingers in the various elements of it. There are some... gifts within that I need to examine first; they'll come in handy some day."

"I'll let Stephen and Kyle know. They did most of the work." the ecstatic replied, setting a tray aside and leaning on the nearby table.

"Your really gonna melt down that thing. But it looks so cool! And also I don't think focus's like that really appreciate being recycled. It looks specially made. Aren't you afraid you diminish whatever magick's inside there?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:18 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'But there are, like ways to show that you're not exactly the stereotype...'

Anja's Post:

'Who?' Giving a little frown, wondering if this was another sign she was losing her grip on modern pop-culture. 'Great, a pretty one...' tone clearly not pleased on this news, popping out her claws as though wanting to disenbowel them, but instread picked up a wet-wipe from a packet and began to clean the blades.

[Has Nick met Nico? Are they even male or female?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 pm

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Anja wrote:"Besides spawn like that needs allot of care, like a human spawn would, not like a young shark or for that matter a spiderling, it would be allot of work to feed him and care for him."
Coawa said with a shrug.
"I have read a book on human spawn, all they do for about two years is eat, shit, piss and eat and if you leave them alone for some time they just die, how impractial. I could swim beside my mother and hunt from the time I was born and before I left her belly I had already hunted, killed and eaten all my siblings, that is much more practical."
He added proudly.
Jeremy wrote:"Hasn't stopped you before. Ahhh well...least we got the picture." he replied, getting a closer look at the picture on the phone. "Spider-centaur's are actually fairly common among fantasy works. Think they started with a greek myth. DnD's drow made sure the idea stuck around. The Anasasi are probably where all those works took inspiration from."
Colin chuckled, eyes glittering a little, "Careful, grasshopper; some might consider that a trifle sassy... hum, I think the Anansi are originally African, though, coming up through Egypt. Won't say that with absolute certainty, though. As for human babies, yes, we're helpless for a few years while getting the hang of motor skills - most mammals spend some time at that stage, generally dependent on intellect. Humans have a remarkably well-developed brain compared to most other species, and if it were to be fully grown at birth, well... let us just say that the size complications involved would mean a rather immediate extinction as neither mother nor child would be likely to survive birth."

Anja wrote:"Komu unlike regular Ananasi are usually Qyrl tainted, thorugh not always, even so most are practical and it is just not in their nature to give their life for their offspring, unless the type of spider they are have that instinct, wolf spiders are fiercely protective of their young for example and male house spiders let themselves die so their partner and their young can eat their bodies, but a tarentula no...the adult female could always have another offspring but the offspring would die without her care, it makes no sense for her to give her life for a spawn that would just die without her but I guess if the spawn had a caretaker it might be worth it."
Coawa chimed in.
Jeremy wrote:"So this baby currently has the strength to rip me in half. Or beat me in a race. Or both." he said with a chuckle.
He snorted, "Si-Woo currently has the strength to hold on to your arm and nibble on your wrist. He's two days old, and he's going to need some time to grow into his power."

Anja wrote:"I am amased that you manage to talk so many...beings into doing what you want Mr Wainwright."
Helga commented.
Jeremy wrote:"Guess the flesh walls are part of the whole Labyrinth aesthetic." Serge said, seeming quite unfazed at the story of his cabal leader talking away a Maejin Incarna, "Was that Maejin Incarna the same one I warned you about? His near arrival spooked a bunch of people here."
He frowned, "I had... an edge in the negotiations, shall we say. I shouldn't say more. And yes, same guy... I suspect the Aswadim brushing close to Reality was a greater disturbance, though."

Jeremy wrote:"You know she's not that strange." he said with a slight sigh, as he remembered what had happened the Deaconess. "I have an idea for who could be Toby's replacement friend. How's he feel about spiders? Or slime?"
He smiled thinly, "I've known the Deaconess for a number of years more than you have, Serge... insofar as anyone can know her, that is. Her mind is a little alien, but not unfathomably so. My greatest concern at the moment is her recuperation, really... and I don't rightly know how he'd feel about spiders or slimes. Might appreciate either, or both, but I'm sure you could connect to his mind enough to get a feel for it - just bear in mind it's an animalistic mind, not a human mind. He's empathic and emotional, not a linguist."

Anja wrote:"I belive it is Mr Yager's non to respectul nickname for the Aakashic Brotherhood Mr Wainwright, a nickname most of the Akashics are non to pelase about."
Marian said.
Jeremy wrote:"It's a term of endearment. At least from my perspective." Serge replied humorously, "Also I don't think she minds too much. She's a bit unconventional for an Akashic."
He sighed, "You know, Serge, it might be a good idea to consider which 'terms of endearment' are considered rude stereotypes by the people you use them about... doubly so when you use them to refer to people who gain enlightenment through learning how to drive your elbow through your nostril."

Anja wrote:Kyle grinned and he gave you a weave of his hand as he handed out more sandwiches.
Jeremy wrote:"I'll let Stephen and Kyle know. They did most of the work." the ecstatic replied, setting a tray aside and leaning on the nearby table.

"Your really gonna melt down that thing. But it looks so cool! And also I don't think focus's like that really appreciate being recycled. It looks specially made. Aren't you afraid you diminish whatever magick's inside there?"
He grinned and waved back to Kyle, "Kyle heard me... and yes, the staff does look cool, but it's not the sort of thing I could carry around inconspicuously. According to Wrinkle, he left some gifts in the keys and gears, not the staff itself, so it will probably be fine... but I will, of course, make doubly sure before I do anything to it. Still, an elegant walking cane would be vastly less conspicuous in modern society. I'll keep it with me like this for the trip to Horizon, though."

((OOC: Nick would have met Adeptus Nico Markov, the glassworking artificer, by now, the two have been with Steelhaven for the same length of time. And Nico is... well... embrace the power of "and" when it comes to their plumbing. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:54 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

'But there are, like ways to show that you're not exactly the stereotype...'

"But that is the thing, I don't really care if someone think I fit a stereotype why should I change how I look or how I behave to cater to those who never bother to take a second look and just jump to their own assumptions?"
Bruce asked.

[Steelhaven 5 30]

"Hasn't stopped you before. Ahhh well...least we got the picture." he replied, getting a closer look at the picture on the phone. "Spider-centaur's are actually fairly common among fantasy works. Think they started with a greek myth. DnD's drow made sure the idea stuck around. The Anasasi are probably where all those works took inspiration from."

"They might have been, I mean wer creatures make pepole forget having seen them in their war forms but that don't means little slivers of memories don't stay behind as inspiration, perhaps a game developer saw a Ananasi in his war form and decided they like dthe concept."
Helga commented.

"So this baby currently has the strength to rip me in half. Or beat me in a race. Or both." he said with a chuckle.

"Doubtfully, the speed based Ananasi war from is not particularly stong, fast as the weaves yes not not that strong."
Coawa replied.

"Guess the flesh walls are part of the whole Labyrinth aesthetic." Serge said, seeming quite unfazed at the story of his cabal leader talking away a Maejin Incarna, "Was that Maejin Incarna the same one I warned you about? His near arrival spooked a bunch of people here."

"It is not just the look of the place kid, the walls are actual flesh and bone, other than one marble room everything else are flesh."
Coawa replied.

"It's a term of endearment. At least from my perspective." Serge replied humorously, "Also I don't think she minds too much. She's a bit unconventional for an Akashic."

"It might be a term of endarement to you but if the one you tell it to do not like it then it is not endearing."
"But yeah I guess whatever the newbie will tolerate, it is up to her."

Colin chuckled, eyes glittering a little, "Careful, grasshopper; some might consider that a trifle sassy... hum, I think the Anansi are originally African, though, coming up through Egypt. Won't say that with absolute certainty, though. As for human babies, yes, we're helpless for a few years while getting the hang of motor skills - most mammals spend some time at that stage, generally dependent on intellect. Humans have a remarkably well-developed brain compared to most other species, and if it were to be fully grown at birth, well... let us just say that the size complications involved would mean a rather immediate extinction as neither mother nor child would be likely to survive birth."

"It is impractical but I still want human spawn, I will care for it and raise it to murder Qyrl spawn and eat them!"
Coawa declared then he nodded.
"Yeah Alessa say that her breed have strong African roots, but you find Ananasi all over the world, I mean Alessa are italian."

He frowned, "I had... an edge in the negotiations, shall we say. I shouldn't say more. And yes, same guy... I suspect the Aswadim brushing close to Reality was a greater disturbance, though."

Helga just nodded at that she did not comment further though she looked rather curious.

He sighed, "You know, Serge, it might be a good idea to consider which 'terms of endearment' are considered rude stereotypes by the people you use them about... doubly so when you use them to refer to people who gain enlightenment through learning how to drive your elbow through your nostril."

"Think of it if I compared your Tradition to drug addicts on the street, yes the Cult use drugs or at least many do but they do so in a very different and far more responsible way, calling you drug addicts might not sound endaring to you though and mroe just reinforce a hurtful stereotype."
Marian chimed in.

He grinned and waved back to Kyle, "Kyle heard me... and yes, the staff does look cool, but it's not the sort of thing I could carry around inconspicuously. According to Wrinkle, he left some gifts in the keys and gears, not the staff itself, so it will probably be fine... but I will, of course, make doubly sure before I do anything to it. Still, an elegant walking cane would be vastly less conspicuous in modern society. I'll keep it with me like this for the trip to Horizon, though."

"It do make you look like a fantasy wizard though."
Helga said then she yawned.
"Ok...bed time for me."
She commented.
"I big you good night gentlemen."
She said before she headed for the stairs. Kyle smiled and he continued handing out food, though the sandwiches was mostly consumed by now so eventually he took one for himself and apperarly all the running around and seeing his brother and Mentor bask safe had built up an appetite in the young mage so he ate for once, munching down on some peanut butter and jam.

Who?' Giving a little frown, wondering if this was another sign she was losing her grip on modern pop-culture. 'Great, a pretty one...' tone clearly not pleased on this news, popping out her claws as though wanting to disenbowel them, but instread picked up a wet-wipe from a packet and began to clean the blades.

"The hedge witch anti vaxxer you and Mr Wainwright beat in a debate some weeks ago, the Verbena."
Fran replied.
"Yeah she is pretty, not my taste but pretty as a doll."

(OOC: Yeah Nico is a rebis a Alchemical Holy Hemaphrodite so they are both.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 01, 2021 1:12 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin wrote:He snorted, "Si-Woo currently has the strength to hold on to your arm and nibble on your wrist. He's two days old, and he's going to need some time to grow into his power."
Anja wrote:"Doubtfully, the speed based Ananasi war from is not particularly stong, fast as the weaves yes not not that strong."
Coawa replied.

"Awwww....it'd be a lot more fun if his powers weren't effected by age. Though he'd certainly be much more of handful if that were the case." Serge remarked.

Colin wrote:He frowned, "I had... an edge in the negotiations, shall we say. I shouldn't say more. And yes, same guy... I suspect the Aswadim brushing close to Reality was a greater disturbance, though."

"Well, at least he's gone and not disrupting our reality on a fundamental level." Serge said, not questioning it further.

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "I've known the Deaconess for a number of years more than you have, Serge... insofar as anyone can know her, that is. Her mind is a little alien, but not unfathomably so. My greatest concern at the moment is her recuperation, really... and I don't rightly know how he'd feel about spiders or slimes. Might appreciate either, or both, but I'm sure you could connect to his mind enough to get a feel for it - just bear in mind it's an animalistic mind, not a human mind. He's empathic and emotional, not a linguist."

"Fair enough.  Anyways she sounded like she was on the road to recovery last I spoke to her....barely. But I'm sure Master Nassa will bring back to her feet in no time." he said rubbing the back of his head, clearly anxious about the Deaconess himself.

"Anyways. You've been so nice in showcasing your new friends. But don't think your the only one who made a spider themed buddy today. Allow me to introduce the Deaconess's latest creation and Tobey's potential future friend." he said with a grin.

The Ecstatic stuck two fingers into his mouth and let out a shrill whistle, following it up by clapping and shouting seemingly the air itself. "YO RODRIGO! Stop hanging out with bootleg Elsa's shoulder and come meet the big boss himself."

Serge didn't simply say the words, he thought them as well. Attempting to reach out to wherever the creature manifested from his own imagination lingered and summon it to him. He wasn't sure if it would work, but it didn't hurt to try.

Colin wrote:He sighed, "You know, Serge, it might be a good idea to consider which 'terms of endearment' are considered rude stereotypes by the people you use them about... doubly so when you use them to refer to people who gain enlightenment through learning how to drive your elbow through your nostril."
Anja wrote:"It might be a term of endearment to you but if the one you tell it to do not like it then it is not endearing."
"But yeah I guess whatever the newbie will tolerate, it is up to her."

"I get it. I get it. Respect people's wishes. It's not like I say it to there face." Serge said with a shrug, personally thinking the two were being a bit to uptight.

Colin wrote:He grinned and waved back to Kyle, "Kyle heard me... and yes, the staff does look cool, but it's not the sort of thing I could carry around inconspicuously. According to Wrinkle, he left some gifts in the keys and gears, not the staff itself, so it will probably be fine... but I will, of course, make doubly sure before I do anything to it. Still, an elegant walking cane would be vastly less conspicuous in modern society. I'll keep it with me like this for the trip to Horizon, though."
Anja wrote:"It do make you look like a fantasy wizard though."
"Ok...bed time for me."
She commented.
She said before she headed for the stairs. Kyle smiled and he continued handing out food, though the sandwiches was mostly consumed by now so eventually he took one for himself and apperarly all the running around and seeing his brother and Mentor bask safe had built up an appetite in the young mage so he ate for once, munching down on some peanut butter and jam.

"That'll certainly earn you some style points." he said approvingly, waving farewell to Helga as she left. "Did Wrinkle give you any hints as to what those gifts were. Or are you gonna have to figure everything out yourself?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 01, 2021 4:26 am

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'Because most decisions are done completely on autopilot; just watch folks at a grocery store. They need the second look to actually get the brain involved.'

Anja's Post:

'Ah, her. Gives me evils in the halls now. Not sure what pissed her more; the fact I was feeding Colin notes on the directions of attack or the fact I called out "but arsenic is natural!" when she was doing the "artificial is evil" line.' pulling a bit of a face while continuing to wipe down the blades. 'Though the fact she was following the same lines as they were doing like, 140 years ago didn't make it that hard... ending with a little shrug.

'What's this visitor doing here? Surely too early for them to be honouring us with their wonderful presence?' the sarcasm thick here.

[Nick doesn't understand 'and'. However, she'll go with what they refer to themselves as, what others call them and as a last resort, what they look like. Which in Nico's case..?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 01, 2021 7:23 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

"Awwww....it'd be a lot more fun if his powers weren't effected by age. Though he'd certainly be much more of handful if that were the case." Serge remarked.

"As one who have seen a werewolf metis no, let me assure you kid that would not be fun, a spawn who are not able to think resonable with extreme strength is as far from fun as it gets."
Coawa replied with finality in his voice.

"Anyways. You've been so nice in showcasing your new friends. But don't think your the only one who made a spider themed buddy today. Allow me to introduce the Deaconess's latest creation and Tobey's potential future friend." he said with a grin.

The Ecstatic stuck two fingers into his mouth and let out a shrill whistle, following it up by clapping and shouting seemingly the air itself. "YO RODRIGO! Stop hanging out with bootleg Elsa's shoulder and come meet the big boss himself."

Serge didn't simply say the words, he thought them as well. Attempting to reach out to wherever the creature manifested from his own imagination lingered and summon it to him. He wasn't sure if it would work, but it didn't hurt to try.

Rodrigo was suddenly on your shoulder chattering happily and rupping slimely against your cheek lovingly. The others could not see him though not without mind magick or great immagination, but your new friend was now on your shoulder.

"I get it. I get it. Respect people's wishes. It's not like I say it to there face." Serge said with a shrug, personally thinking the two were being a bit to uptight.

"Well let me just say that there are stereotypes and nicknames you don't want spoke behind your back either."
Marian said bitterly.

"That'll certainly earn you some style points." he said approvingly, waving farewell to Helga as she left. "Did Wrinkle give you any hints as to what those gifts were. Or are you gonna have to figure everything out yourself?"

Helga grunted and waved back on her way back up to her bedroom and her waiting bed.

[Villa, 4.45]

'Because most decisions are done completely on autopilot; just watch folks at a grocery store. They need the second look to actually get the brain involved.'

Bruce shrugged at that.
"Again how others see me and judge me is not really my problem."
He commented.

Ah, her. Gives me evils in the halls now. Not sure what pissed her more; the fact I was feeding Colin notes on the directions of attack or the fact I called out "but arsenic is natural!" when she was doing the "artificial is evil" line.' pulling a bit of a face while continuing to wipe down the blades.

"Yeah well, Bianca is nice enough but she do have odd ideas when it comes to vaccines...I do not think she likes you very much though."
Fran said with a chuckle.
"But in the end even the old Masters agreed to get vaccinated."

'Though the fact she was following the same lines as they were doing like, 140 years ago didn't make it that hard... ending with a little shrug.

"You and Colin did a good job in that debate."
The Euthanathos agreed with a smile.

What's this visitor doing here? Surely too early for them to be honouring us with their wonderful presence?' the sarcasm thick here.

"I heard something about Deaconess O'Connor inviting the girl here, I do not know for what reason though."
Fran said.
"Who knows why the Deaconess do anything."

(OOC: Nico refer to themselves as both and use them and they as pronoms, and they look like both really, so either a feminine man or a masculine woman.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 01, 2021 9:05 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Jeremy wrote:"Awwww....it'd be a lot more fun if his powers weren't effected by age. Though he'd certainly be much more of handful if that were the case." Serge remarked.
Anja wrote:"As one who have seen a werewolf metis no, let me assure you kid that would not be fun, a spawn who are not able to think resonable with extreme strength is as far from fun as it gets."
Colin frowned, "As I understand it, Metis are also prone to other problems, on top of their natural form being the hybrid shape war form... Once, when the topic came up after a consultation for Anna, Dr. Acevedo mentioned something about high risks of congenital neurological issues - blindness, deafness, mental disorders..."

Jeremy wrote:"Fair enough. Anyways she sounded like she was on the road to recovery last I spoke to her....barely. But I'm sure Master Nassa will bring back to her feet in no time." he said rubbing the back of his head, clearly anxious about the Deaconess himself.

Anja wrote:Rodrigo was suddenly on your shoulder chattering happily and rupping slimely against your cheek lovingly. The others could not see him though not without mind magick or great immagination, but your new friend was now on your shoulder.
He arched an eyebrow, looking for a moment both worn out and puzzled, "Who is Rodrigo? And... 'bootleg Elsa'? Really?"

Anja wrote:"Think of it if I compared your Tradition to drug addicts on the street, yes the Cult use drugs or at least many do but they do so in a very different and far more responsible way, calling you drug addicts might not sound endaring to you though and mroe just reinforce a hurtful stereotype."
Marian chimed in.
Jeremy wrote:"I get it. I get it. Respect people's wishes. It's not like I say it to there face." Serge said with a shrug, personally thinking the two were being a bit to uptight.
Anja wrote:"Well let me just say that there are stereotypes and nicknames you don't want spoke behind your back either."
Marian said bitterly.
He nodded, "It's not what you call people to their face that shows your character, Serge... but what you call them when you think you're safe from repercussions. Even if the target of your 'terms of endearment' aren't around to protest, others will hear you and be disappointed in you. Or assume you have some outstanding grudge against one of the other Traditions."

Anja wrote:"It do make you look like a fantasy wizard though."
"Ok...bed time for me."
She commented.
Jeremy wrote:"That'll certainly earn you some style points." he said approvingly, waving farewell to Helga as she left. "Did Wrinkle give you any hints as to what those gifts were. Or are you gonna have to figure everything out yourself?"
He chuckled, "Yes, it rather does fit someone who cobbled their Paradigm together from fantasy novels. And I will admit, as a mere element of style, it does present some advantages... even more so if there are, hm, elements in our midst on Horizon who recognize the staff. But, once I'm sure it won't despoil any of the magic within, I'm going to have to work it down to a more practical format. It's sort of like going around with a longsword strapped on your back in modern society - people will look at you strangely at at best, and most likely call the police on you. With predictable Union-related consequences..."

((OOC: I've kind of figured Nico looks something like a cross between an androgynously dressed David Bowie, and an androgynously dressed Tilda Swinton. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 01, 2021 9:43 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Colin frowned, "As I understand it, Metis are also prone to other problems, on top of their natural form being the hybrid shape war form... Once, when the topic came up after a consultation for Anna, Dr. Acevedo mentioned something about high risks of congenital neurological issues - blindness, deafness, mental disorders..."

"So I understand yes, most Metis are sterile, and they have a tendency towards mental and physical deformities. I do not know that much about them though since my kind do not produce Metis, we instinctively know one another and never feel a desire to mate with another Rokea, and any male who tried would be eaten by the female or if he was sucsessfull she would simply expell the result, Metis embryos don't survive among our kind, but it is a problem among toher Fera."
Coawa said with a nod.

He nodded, "It's not what you call people to their face that shows your character, Serge... but what you call them when you think you're safe from repercussions. Even if the target of your 'terms of endearment' aren't around to protest, others will hear you and be disappointed in you. Or assume you have some outstanding grudge against one of the other Traditions."

"Agreed. I mean I might be a bit to careful given that my brother is an Akashic and I am an Euthanathos so we are in a bit of a odd situation, but yes nicknames based on culture for example spoken behind someone's back will make pepole react, in fact I would say the only times it is appropriate is right to the face of someone who you know is ok with it. For example I had a girlfriend once who used to make an endaring reference to my Tradition and that was ok from her, and only from her but she only did it to me because she knew I was okey with it."
Marian said with a nod.
"I would not like to be called slightly plump Ezio by anyone else."

(OOC: Nico is fairly short and frail looking, they have dark blond hair that is kept short and messy, gray eyes and a cute but unusually for Rebis not really beautiful face. Looking at them it would be really impossible to tell if they where male or female but as it is more socially accepteded for women to be andrygonus than men most will probably eventually decide that they are probably a masculine looking woman. Tilda Swinton but more masculine is not a bad comparion.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 01, 2021 12:38 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, I kinda remember now. What did she do to piss them that much off?' giving a frown.

Anja's Post:

'There's a risk to everything. There's a risk dating someone will end with them ripping your heart out, then flushing it. But do you not date because of that?' now scraping up the remains of the meal.

Anja's Post:

'I didn't doubt they would, actually. At least, not much.' turning around and rummaging on the desk for a moment. 'They're old enough to remember what them diseases look like. It's the ones who have been protected from that which has made 'em... lazy? Complacent, that's it.'

'But I think I pissed her more off by pointing at the elephant than anything else...' locating what appeared to be a bottle of machine oil and squeezing a little on the wipe.

Anja's Post:

'Great... nother thing to deal with, like. Who's planning the Seattle mission?' now wiping the blades down with oil.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 01, 2021 4:01 pm

[Villa, 4.45]

'Yeah, I kinda remember now. What did she do to piss them that much off?' giving a frown.

"They gave Steelhaven a call to warn us that Master D'Angelo was coming here for Beatrice, thye called it a betrayal of their Chantry."
Bruce said with a frown sounding angry.
"This happened shortly before you arrived. One thing had been flogging Nico, many Chantries practice ordeal as a punishment, but to then toss them out onto the streed to be beat up by the first things they ran into...Nico was rescued by Adley and Master Morgan and have stayed at Steelhaven recovering ever since though they are technically still a member of Lux Iternis I believe."

'There's a risk to everything. There's a risk dating someone will end with them ripping your heart out, then flushing it. But do you not date because of that?' now scraping up the remains of the meal.

"I am perfectly fine with risk to myself it is risking others I have a problem with and dragging sleepers into a conflict that they have no knowledge of nor the tools to defend themselves in seams morally wrong to me."
The large man replied.
"I mean we live in a war, best not get others involved."

I didn't doubt they would, actually. At least, not much.' turning around and rummaging on the desk for a moment. 'They're old enough to remember what them diseases look like. It's the ones who have been protected from that which has made 'em... lazy? Complacent, that's it.'

'But I think I pissed her more off by pointing at the elephant than anything else...' locating what appeared to be a bottle of machine oil and squeezing a little on the wipe.

"Yeah I mean Master Haagen lost a brother to ehm...one of those illnesses that hardly show up anymore, tuberolosis I think so he was already positive and the others agreed as well, even Lady Mara."
Fran said then she sigh.
"No one likes to be proven wrong I guess, but at least Bianca kept her word, she lost the debate so she agreed to take the vaccines herself, so we got allmost the entire Chantry protected, the only exceptions being Anna and that apprentice of Henrietta...Cecilia. I believe everyone else got the shots...in fact after we got that hyperspray it is possible Anna got the vaccines as well..."

'Great... nother thing to deal with, like. Who's planning the Seattle mission?' now wiping the blades down with oil.

"I think Miss Mar is handeling the planning since Master Morgan would be busy with the strike ont he Labyrinth."
Fran said.
"But yeah never a dull moment is there..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 02, 2021 12:13 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]

Anja wrote:"As one who have seen a werewolf metis no, let me assure you kid that would not be fun, a spawn who are not able to think reasonable with extreme strength is as far from fun as it gets."
Colin wrote:Colin frowned, "As I understand it, Metis are also prone to other problems, on top of their natural form being the hybrid shape war form... Once, when the topic came up after a consultation for Anna, Dr. Acevedo mentioned something about high risks of congenital neurological issues - blindness, deafness, mental disorders..."
Anja wrote:"So I understand yes, most Metis are sterile, and they have a tendency towards mental and physical deformities. I do not know that much about them though since my kind do not produce Metis, we instinctively know one another and never feel a desire to mate with another Rokea, and any male who tried would be eaten by the female or if he was sucsessfull she would simply expell the result, Metis embryos don't survive among our kind, but it is a problem among toher Fera."
Coawa said with a nod.

"Damn. Didn't know they were like that." Serge said with a frown. "You'd think a child born from two supernaturally strong parents would be, like, doubly supernatural strong."

Anja wrote:Rodrigo was suddenly on your shoulder chattering happily and rupping slimely against your cheek lovingly. The others could not see him though not without mind magick or great immagination, but your new friend was now on your shoulder.
Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, looking for a moment both worn out and puzzled, "Who is Rodrigo? And... 'bootleg Elsa'? Really?"

Serge looked quite shocked as the slime spider appeared on his shoulder, not expecting to simply manifest out of nowhere. Still, he smiled as he saw his new friend and smiled smugly at his cabal leader.

"Oh ho ho ho. How the turn tables Mr. Wainwright. Now I have a friend that YOU can't see. Thankfully it's nothing a small spell can't fix. Well then....would you like to meet him?" he said, offering up a handshake.

Anja wrote:"Well let me just say that there are stereotypes and nicknames you don't want spoke behind your back either."
Marian said bitterly.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "It's not what you call people to their face that shows your character, Serge... but what you call them when you think you're safe from repercussions. Even if the target of your 'terms of endearment' aren't around to protest, others will hear you and be disappointed in you. Or assume you have some outstanding grudge against one of the other Traditions."
Anja wrote:"Agreed. I mean I might be a bit to careful given that my brother is an Akashic and I am an Euthanathos so we are in a bit of a odd situation, but yes nicknames based on culture for example spoken behind someone's back will make people react, in fact I would say the only times it is appropriate is right to the face of someone who you know is ok with it. For example I had a girlfriend once who used to make an enduring reference to my Tradition and that was ok from her, and only from her but she only did it to me because she knew I was okay with it."
Marian said with a nod.

Serge looked slightly offended that Marian wouldn't be fond of being called Ezio, but shook that off quickly. "I know I know. Relax, I just sometimes forget that not everyone is like me. I would love it if people called me those names ninja or crazy drug addict or roadkill. Anything besides Mr. Yager. But I understand what you guys are saying. I'll keep what you guys say in mind"

"Going back to the new girl. She certainly picked an interesting time to join. Kinda reminds me of when me and Nicole came here. If history repeats itself, we'll be fighting a giant spirit and an army of caustic oil men soon."

Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Yes, it rather does fit someone who cobbled their Paradigm together from fantasy novels. And I will admit, as a mere element of style, it does present some advantages... even more so if there are, hm, elements in our midst on Horizon who recognize the staff. But, once I'm sure it won't despoil any of the magic within, I'm going to have to work it down to a more practical format. It's sort of like going around with a longsword strapped on your back in modern society - people will look at you strangely at at best, and most likely call the police on you. With predictable Union-related consequences..."

"Got any ideas on what your gonna turn it into? A wristwatch or a small keychain hourglass feels fitting. Though if you wanna get real creative you could make a knife that slices through time or something. Oooooh how about a monocle though!" Serge said with a chuckle.

(OOC: If Colin shakes Serge's hand, Serge will cast a Mind 1 spell to allow Colin to see Rodrigo.

Roll: 7, 7, 3, 2)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 02, 2021 12:43 am

[Steelhaven 5 30]
Jeremy wrote:"Damn. Didn't know they were like that." Serge said with a frown. "You'd think a child born from two supernaturally strong parents would be, like, doubly supernatural strong."
Colin shook his head, "Hardly... a newborn tiger cub might be larger than a newborn house cat's kitten... but it's no less defenseless and helpless until some time has passed. Very few species natural or supernatural - have great strength in the infant stage; there's normally some time to grow into their power."
He glanced up at Coawa, "Sharks are... something of an anomaly like that, if you'll pardon the expression. Not a slight, but what's normal for a shark is honestly quite terrifying for most others."

Jeremy wrote:Serge looked quite shocked as the slime spider appeared on his shoulder, not expecting to simply manifest out of nowhere. Still, he smiled as he saw his new friend and smiled smugly at his cabal leader.

"Oh ho ho ho. How the turn tables Mr. Wainwright. Now I have a friend that YOU can't see. Thankfully it's nothing a small spell can't fix. Well then....would you like to meet him?" he said, offering up a handshake.
He arched an eyebrow, "Alright, then..."
Leaning the staff against the wall for a moment, he reached out and shook Serge's hand.

Anja wrote:"Agreed. I mean I might be a bit to careful given that my brother is an Akashic and I am an Euthanathos so we are in a bit of a odd situation, but yes nicknames based on culture for example spoken behind someone's back will make pepole react, in fact I would say the only times it is appropriate is right to the face of someone who you know is ok with it. For example I had a girlfriend once who used to make an endaring reference to my Tradition and that was ok from her, and only from her but she only did it to me because she knew I was okey with it."
Marian said with a nod.
Jeremy wrote:Serge looked slightly offended that Marian wouldn't be fond of being called Ezio, but shook that off quickly. "I know I know. Relax, I just sometimes forget that not everyone is like me. I would love it if people called me those names ninja or crazy drug addict or roadkill. Anything besides Mr. Yager. But I understand what you guys are saying. I'll keep what you guys say in mind"

"Going back to the new girl. She certainly picked an interesting time to join. Kinda reminds me of when me and Nicole came here. If history repeats itself, we'll be fighting a giant spirit and an army of caustic oil men soon."
He grinned at Serge, "Yes, well, we all know that Ezio isn't the most flattering comparison, after his ignoble defeat at the hands of Isabella Valentine earlier..."
He shook his head, "But that's rather the point of such nicknames; no-one likes being called new names some random stranger chose for them. Doesn't matter if it's well-intentioned or not, it's an easy way to gain a mortal enemy. And as we all know, when magic enters the picture, that might be a short-lived relationship."

He sighed, "And I've rather had enough of giant spirits for some time."

Anja wrote:"Got any ideas on what your gonna turn it into? A wristwatch or a small keychain hourglass feels fitting. Though if you wanna get real creative you could make a knife that slices through time or something. Oooooh how about a monocle though!" Serge said with a chuckle.
He shook his head, "It's a staff - a wizard needs a staff, even if shapes and styles change over the centuries. The modern counterpart, a walking cane, will do nicely. One made of massive brass, capped with a stylish silver grip, perhaps with a compartment at the top for Tass, or a hidden wand, doubly so."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next