Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

4 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 16 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:49 am

[Club, 2.30]

The driver shot into life, Nicole firmly pressed it down into the vampire, as though she was doing nothing more than drilling into a concrete floor or plank of wood...

With the added power of Science, capital S the wooded drill bit slowly went deeper, Nicole would have heard rumors form Detroit that the worse a vampire was the harder they slept during the day and as you worked the statue like vampiress never moved, her face ecpression never changed she just kept on sleeping even if this treatment had to cause considerable pain, only when you finally reached her heart, after several tense minutes of drilling did the vampire react, she made this long, drawn out sound that was a bit like a sob and she covulsed once, her eyes fluttered open for a moment, they where dark brow, allmost black and there was a look of alarm in them, but then conciousness left that dark gaze and she was still and back to her deep, death like sleep.

(OOC: Rolling to see if you wake up when you have 1 dot in humanity is not fun, sleepy vampire.)
(OOC 2: Well most Technomacers know they are doing things, it is just that they write it up to being able to tap into natural processes and they do not ascribe it to mystisism. Think of Doc Brown, he made a time machine, he did it with what he saw as science it is just it is science others have not discovered yet.)
(OOC 3: The problem is that it would change from situation to situation what a secondary would itneract with, I for example would have dots in Stone Lore having worked with healing crystals since I was a child, this would help me if I needed to figure out what an occult ritual did if I found a ritual set up that included crystals and so would interact with Occult. However it might also help me with Craft Jewlery Making to make a stone ring that fit with someone's sun sign, or even if someone had been positioned by taking a crystal elexir and I know some posionous stones that afte often used wrong in that way it could be used with Medicine. Thesituation determine when it can be used. At the same time it can not always be used. If I find a ritual circle that do not contain crystals then the secondary ability Stone Lore would not help me with an Occult roll to figure out what the ritual was meant to do.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55 - Page 16 Empty Re: Blood Lily, The Nightclub and an Angry Troll IC Thread 55

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:55 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Anja wrote:"Well now I live at Steelhaven and can use as much candles as I want."
Fran replied.
"But silver electric candles might look nice."
Colin nodded, then pondered briefly, "I suppose... even the cheap, ugly plastic electric candles can have associative significance in a ritual, too. I still rather despise the cheap look of them."

Nicole wrote:'Nah. I never play him, and I'm always the murderer.'
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, this sounds like an interesting curse. We should look into this, one board game night."

Anja wrote:"Hey I am a love not a killer."
Ryan said with a grin.
"But yes I guess it is no mroe terrifying that an Euthanathos can kill with a blunt weapon as with a gun."
He shrugged, "The ones who excel at cleanly ending a life with whatever means are available also tend to be very good at knowing how much force to apply to not end it... If push came to shove, I'd rather fight a professional assassin without an interest in actually killing me, than a brutish thug who doesn't care one way or the other."
He glanced sideways at Fran, "And I used the word in relation to the, hm, mundane profession, not to your esteemed Tradition."

Anja wrote:"I do not know what a Clippy is Mr Wainwright and I doubt I would like it no matter what it is. "
Jeffry said with a frown.
"Damnable machines."
Nicole wrote:'Bah. Smug, takes up space and keeps on giving shit "advice" even when told to cram it.' the distaste obvious. 'Wait, that reminds of an ex...' a little pause as the Etherite considered this. 'Anyways, there's better ones about. Dry Dock has, like an VI medical assistant.' ending with a shudder.
Anja wrote:Jeffry now looked even more confused.
He shook his head, "Nobody likes Clippy, to my knowledge... Ah, Clippy is an animated, talking paperclip, a small computer program that pops up and nags every time someone tries to do something in specific office programs. He was abandoned a few years back, though, mainly for being a nuisance. As for a VI medical assistant, I think there was something like that on a TV show, about fifteen years ago. One of the Star Treks, I think? I could probably look it up when we get home, but I doubt you'd like it."

Anja wrote:"That would explain how powerful she is."
Helena commented.
"So she is from ancient Rome then?"
He looked at the engraving, "The engraving is Greek, which I am admittedly not too familiar with... I've been learning a bit with Anna, though, and I'm fairly sure of the name Livia, and..."
He looked up at Morgan, "Sir, I think that says Marius Drusus... but the preceding word, I'm guessing that is a political office? Anyway, Lady Crexia mentioned the Livii Drusi as a family of plebs that rose to some prominence during the Republic era. So some 2000-2500 years old, maybe?"

Nicole wrote:The Chief having finished, Nicole moved towards the bed, where she took in the target. And how beautiful she was. The disgust was clear on the Etherite's face, a look that she desired to lash out. But she suppressed the totally-not-jealousy and got to work. Had to be professional about this.

First bit; to clear the "work area". Pulled out her fighting knife and after putting down the driver for a moment, gently sliced down the middle of the nightgown, to expose the drilling area. Once done, she will retreive her tool, spend a few moments working out angle of attack, drill depth and so on before positioning herself right above the two ribs to go into the heart. Conscious to the fact that like a bomb defuser, if she fucked up it would be the last thing she ever did...

All lined up, she'd glance at the Chief, clearly awaiting his final order to start.
Anja wrote:Jeffry gave his nod that you could start, his rint hand was held in the geture for Rego and the left for Auram as he kpt air pressure on th vampire just in cas she where to wake up.
Nicole wrote:The driver shot into life, Nicole firmly pressed it down into the vampire, as though she was doing nothing more than drilling into a concrete floor or plank of wood...
Anja wrote:With the added power of Science, capital S the wooded drill bit slowly went deeper, Nicole would have heard rumors form Detroit that the worse a vampire was the harder they slept during the day and as you worked the statue like vampiress never moved, her face ecpression never changed she just kept on sleeping even if this treatment had to cause considerable pain, only when you finally reached her heart, after several tense minutes of drilling did the vampire react, she made this long, drawn out sound that was a bit like a sob and she covulsed once, her eyes fluttered open for a moment, they where dark brow, allmost black and there was a look of alarm in them, but then conciousness left that dark gaze and she was still and back to her deep, death like sleep.
As the driver finally seemed to lodge itself in Lilyandra's chest, he let out a breath of relief, and pocketed the chopsticks again, striding over to check on the poor captive, "Sorry about the wait, good chap, we had to ensure the monster could not interfere first..."
Thumbing the walky-talkie, he added "Amadeus, the last captive, a kinfolk, is in rather rough condition... The monster is contained, but the last victim might need a lot of help."

((OOC: As a general ruling, I'd say appraisal would depend a fair bit on what the appraised item is. Firearms for antique guns, for example, Streetwise would give you a good idea about the street value of, hm, illicit merchandise, Technology or Computers for circuit boards, and of course Academics would be a fairly reliable choice for a great many things. A "Sticky Fingers" rote to just pick up the most valuable thing, though, would largely ignore any conscious awareness of the object's true value - you'd easily ignore the silver candlestick for the anonymous box with a gold Fabergé egg inside. As for the power level - I suppose the Merit "Parlor Trick" could justify a "passive" use of the rote, even if it requires multiple Spheres?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:30 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Colin's Post:

'The EMH on Voyager.' Nicole replied casually, being a woman who owned her own mek'leth. 'Nah, it's just a VI, not an AI. Just programmed personality overlaying medical textbooks and stuff. We called it "Nurse Barney".' the tone making it clear she loathed it.

Anja's Post:

The resistance the vampire offered was surprising. And frankly, inexplicable. But this didn't hugely faze Nicole, simply assuming there was aspects she was unaware of. Was almost going to admit defeat when she finally could see they were making headway. Continued to bear down, feeling the tension building in her shoulders and back from the angle, knowing that she had to do it all in one sitting. When the vampire finally reacted it was clear it startled her considerably, though managed to not lose control.

Once she felt they'd gone in deep enough, the motor finally halted and the Etherite stretched out, the odd vision of the driver staying upright within the vampire. 'Fucking... hell.' a flash of rather toned torso as she wiped her brow with the bottom of her shirt. 'Don't ask me to do that again. Shit... plastic case is starting to melt.' eyeing up the device. 'Anyway, the bit's 'bout touching her back of ribcage.'

Colin's Post:

Silently, she pulled out the chuck from her pocket, to release the machine from the bit, allowing the latter to remain embedded within the vampire.

[I'm assuming the 'silence' spell silenced the drill, otherwise we'd be standing in a small room with an object going perhaps 80-90db for several minutes.]

[This might be 'Edition drift' again, Great One. I got the impression technomancers beleived the tools are doing the action, while mystics believe the tools are more enabling their magick (which is why the latter can ditch foci, while the former find it very difficult to do that). After all, it's the flux capacitor, 1.21GW and 88mph which produces the time-travel effect, not Doc Brown (as Marty and OldBiff both used it too). In this case, a conscious 'Faith in Tech' would not work because technology works whether you believe in it or not, and the realisation that your 'tech' needs you to believe in it to work would, I suspect cause at least a 'paradigm crisis'.]

[If the roles were reversed, I would shoot down 'Stone Lore' and suggest an Esoterica specialty and/or Occult. Don't like creating new Secondaries if they can fit within a Primary. But sure, several roads can lead to the same destination; which is why I support 'multi-rolls' for stuff (Example; 'how to stake vampire' - Nicole rolls Int+Vampire Lore and then Int+Occult and then use the combined successes). If you start insisting that only one roll is done at a time, well you cannot really blame me for wanting to have as few, bulging baskets as possible, no?]

[But on appraisal, no there *is* in fact a canon WoD Ability for appraisal skill - Finance (says so in VtM 4th). But it's logical that anybody with 3+ dots in an Ability would be able to value stuff within their area of expertise too.][/i]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:52 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Colin nodded, then pondered briefly, "I suppose... even the cheap, ugly plastic electric candles can have associative significance in a ritual, too. I still rather despise the cheap look of them."

"I mean if you need candles for a ritual and the artificial ones is the only ones you can get then for many they will do, sometimes when you have to just use whatever you ca there are no room to be picky."
Fran commented.

He shrugged, "The ones who excel at cleanly ending a life with whatever means are available also tend to be very good at knowing how much force to apply to not end it... If push came to shove, I'd rather fight a professional assassin without an interest in actually killing me, than a brutish thug who doesn't care one way or the other."
He glanced sideways at Fran, "And I used the word in relation to the, hm, mundane profession, not to your esteemed Tradition."

"That is a good point."
Ryan commented.
"I would prefer to fight either though."
He added. Fran just nodded.
"I got that Mr Wainwright."

He shook his head, "Nobody likes Clippy, to my knowledge... Ah, Clippy is an animated, talking paperclip, a small computer program that pops up and nags every time someone tries to do something in specific office programs. He was abandoned a few years back, though, mainly for being a nuisance. As for a VI medical assistant, I think there was something like that on a TV show, about fifteen years ago. One of the Star Treks, I think? I could probably look it up when we get home, but I doubt you'd like it."

"Yes there was a doctor hologram in Voyager, he was a pretty good character actually."
Henrietta commented. Jeffry just looked confused about Clippy though.
"I have heard about Star Trek...no that is not to my liking indeed."
The Chief confirmed.

He looked at the engraving, "The engraving is Greek, which I am admittedly not too familiar with... I've been learning a bit with Anna, though, and I'm fairly sure of the name Livia, and..."
He looked up at Morgan, "Sir, I think that says Marius Drusus... but the preceding word, I'm guessing that is a political office? Anyway, Lady Crexia mentioned the Livii Drusi as a family of plebs that rose to some prominence during the Republic era. So some 2000-2500 years old, maybe?"

Jeffry looked at the inscription of the statue.
"Yes upp class Romans used Greek, it was considered fasionable...hum yes Marius Drusus a Senator and the Livii Drusi where ideed a family of plebs that rose to promidence...so Lilyandra was one of their slaves then...a favored concubine it seams."
He said then he nodded.
"Yes I agree about 2500 years old I would say."

As the driver finally seemed to lodge itself in Lilyandra's chest, he let out a breath of relief, and pocketed the chopsticks again, striding over to check on the poor captive, "Sorry about the wait, good chap, we had to ensure the monster could not interfere first..."
Thumbing the walky-talkie, he added "Amadeus, the last captive, a kinfolk, is in rather rough condition... The monster is contained, but the last victim might need a lot of help."

The man who was chained to the wall lifted his head and whimpered e did nto manage to utter words to reply to you though but he seamed terrified of anyone getting to close to him ad he started feebly fighting against his chains to get away, then he just gave up and hung there resigned to is fate.
"I have done what I can up here for now. I will head to your location...how is this prisoner you talk about looking Mr Wainwright?"
Amadeus replied after he got the walkie talkie from Bruce.

(OOC: Yes that seam about right.)
(OOC 2: I will reply to Nicole's post later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:03 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Anja wrote:"Yes there was a doctor hologram in Voyager, he was a pretty good character actually."
Henrietta commented. Jeffry just looked confused about Clippy though.
"I have heard about Star Trek...no that is not to my liking indeed."
The Chief confirmed.
Nicole wrote:'The EMH on Voyager.' Nicole replied casually, being a woman who owned her own mek'leth. 'Nah, it's just a VI, not an AI. Just programmed personality overlaying medical textbooks and stuff. We called it "Nurse Barney".' the tone making it clear she loathed it.
Colin nodded, "That would be the one... wait, 'Nurse Barney'? Please tell me that's not after that abominable purple dinosaur?"

Anja wrote:Jeffry looked at the inscription of the statue.
"Yes upp class Romans used Greek, it was considered fasionable...hum yes Marius Drusus a Senator and the Livii Drusi where ideed a family of plebs that rose to promidence...so Lilyandra was one of their slaves then...a favored concubine it seams."
He said then he nodded.
"Yes I agree about 2500 years old I would say."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Best invite the good Lady Tytalus, she might have some... pointed questions and information about our new... guest."

Nicole wrote:The resistance the vampire offered was surprising. And frankly, inexplicable. But this didn't hugely faze Nicole, simply assuming there was aspects she was unaware of. Was almost going to admit defeat when she finally could see they were making headway. Continued to bear down, feeling the tension building in her shoulders and back from the angle, knowing that she had to do it all in one sitting. When the vampire finally reacted it was clear it startled her considerably, though managed to not lose control.

Once she felt they'd gone in deep enough, the motor finally halted and the Etherite stretched out, the odd vision of the driver staying upright within the vampire. 'Fucking... hell.' a flash of rather toned torso as she wiped her brow with the bottom of her shirt. 'Don't ask me to do that again. Shit... plastic case is starting to melt.' eyeing up the device. 'Anyway, the bit's 'bout touching her back of ribcage.'
He nodded, "Stellar work. I'd like you to write a proper field test report on the efficacy of the method, and submit it to Paradigma. That wood treatment is quite impressive."

Anja wrote:The man who was chained to the wall lifted his head and whimpered e did nto manage to utter words to reply to you though but he seamed terrified of anyone getting to close to him ad he started feebly fighting against his chains to get away, then he just gave up and hung there resigned to is fate.
"I have done what I can up here for now. I will head to your location...how is this prisoner you talk about looking Mr Wainwright?"
Amadeus replied after he got the walkie talkie from Bruce.
He gave the poor captive a little extra space, "Badly mistreated and afraid of his own shadow, it seems... he's going to need a lot of help, corporeal and psychiatric, I'm afraid..."

((OOC: For vampire staking, I'd probably say combining Vampire Lore and Medicine, rather than Vamp Lore and Occult... As for the Appraisal roll, I was thinking in lieu of the Finance skill. Or, obviously, in case of deeper specific familiarity with a subject.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:11 pm

[Club, 2.30]

The resistance the vampire offered was surprising. And frankly, inexplicable. But this didn't hugely faze Nicole, simply assuming there was aspects she was unaware of. Was almost going to admit defeat when she finally could see they were making headway. Continued to bear down, feeling the tension building in her shoulders and back from the angle, knowing that she had to do it all in one sitting. When the vampire finally reacted it was clear it startled her considerably, though managed to not lose control.

"Well she certinly is durable."
Jeffry commented.
"Well hopefully there will be no need to do it again...and she seam to be restrained. Is it possible to leav the drill bit i her chest and remove it from the machine or do we need to leave the entire thing attatched to her, it might be easier to transport her with jsut the bit in there."

Silently, she pulled out the chuck from her pocket, to release the machine from the bit, allowing the latter to remain embedded within the vampire.

"Ask and you shall recieve apperantly."
Jeffry said with a nod.
"Very well then...we need to get her into the crate and begin movig her out of here."
He said as he stood studying the now restrained vampiress.

(OOC: Indeed it silenced it.)
(OOC 2: Technomancers are fully aware they are Awakened, they ahve been so from 1 edition and that theim beign Awakened allow them to create tools that are beyond cutting edge. They see what they do as science but they undrstand they have a special talet that allow them to make use of science which is more advanced.)
(OOC 3: Stone Lore is an official seconday. The reason why you ahve secondaries that could fit in a primary is that someties you only have that aspect of it. I am terrible at any kind of sport but I am good at swimming so I would nto ahve any Athletics but I might have the secondary ability Swimming. Usually you simply roll what is most appropriate at the time since this is a rules light system.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:15 pm

[Club, 2.30]

He nodded thoughtfully, "Best invite the good Lady Tytalus, she might have some... pointed questions and information about our new... guest."

"Yes inviting the good lady might be a good idea, she might indeed have questions for the prisoner."
Jefffry agreed with a nod.

He gave the poor captive a little extra space, "Badly mistreated and afraid of his own shadow, it seems... he's going to need a lot of help, corporeal and psychiatric, I'm afraid..."

The man who was chained to the wall looked at you, he had dark brown hair and pale skin and large brown eyes he started sobbing.
"Do we know what type of kinfolk he is Mr Wainwright?"
Amadeus said over he radio.
"I am on my way, at least I can heal his wonds."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:13 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Nicole wrote:'Now you know what to get me for Christmas, then. Last time I went carrying the best part of twenty kilo on me...'

"Man if I could make one of those I would. I tried at literally ever rank I got too. And you know what happened....nothing." Serge said sounding dejected. "Apparently that type of magick is like...Adept level minimum. But one I do get there I'll make you some fancy pants with some bag of holding pockets."

Anja wrote:When Fran had shown you the image of the vampiress Lilyandra you drew a near perfect mage of her, her cool, cruel beauty, in many ways she fit the trope of the cruel beauty perfectly, she was stunning but there was this very dark...slightly wrong edge to her and you captured that perfectly in your ice sculpture.

"Man even as an inanimate ice statue I wanna obey your every whim." Serge said with a chuckle as he finished the statue.

He slowly and carefully tipped the statue over, resting it on the floor to more better match the vampires' current state. Flat on her back as she slumbered.  

He took a step back admired the dark beauty emanating off of his creation. He sighed and glanced back at the room where the action was about to transpire. A part of him wanted to take a peek and see what was going on. But past lessons told him to stay put and do his job.

Still, he wished the others had given him a walkie-talkie....or any way to communicate to him about the going ons in the room. The silence field even prevented him from hearing what was going on within the room. So all he could do was wait for some kind of message.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:40 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Serge's Post:

A soft laugh at that. 'Think it might not be really in your skill-set...'

Colin's Post:

'Why do you think I ain't suggested we get one for the Chantry?' giving a raised eyebrow.

Colin's Post:

'Not mine; was Van Hess'es.' she replied, the clink on metal as she loosened the chuck on the driver, then pulled the tool off, leaving the wooden bit stuck in the vampire.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... don't think that's going nowheres.' she replied, gently prodding the wooden screw-stake with a gloved finger.

[Didn't say otherwise about any of those things with technomancers. Merely that they believe the DeLorean is a time machine because of the flux capacitor, not because Doc Brown makes it so. A mystic would generally argue that Doc Brown needs the flux capacitor as a foci for his time-travel spell or something.]

[M20 it's been upgraded to a Primary. Turn to p284 in the Core, follow the blurb for 'Esoterica'; you shall find 'Stone Lore' listed under 'Suggested Specialties'. And as something as rare/narrow as 'Swimming', I'd actually suggest a Merit instead.]

[Vampire Lore and Occult rolls to see if staking vampires actually works. I'd actually grant knowledge of real location of heart under 'assumed knowledge' for a modern game. But my main bone of contention is the either/or mentality for rolls. But it's quite possible to know the correct value of say, guns without having barely any ability to shoot.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:41 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Jeremy wrote:"Man if I could make one of those I would. I tried at literally ever rank I got too. And you know what happened....nothing." Serge said sounding dejected. "Apparently that type of magick is like...Adept level minimum. But one I do get there I'll make you some fancy pants with some bag of holding pockets."
Nicole wrote:A soft laugh at that. 'Think it might not be really in your skill-set...'
Colin shrugged, "I don't think I've seen anyone shy of Masters of Correspondence, as it is counted, accomplish such a feat. I have, however, seen a few pockets and purses connected to rather large storerooms with fairly well organised shelving, made by Disciples. Baby steps, I suppose..."

Nicole wrote:'Why do you think I ain't suggested we get one for the Chantry?' giving a raised eyebrow.
He just shuddered.

Nicole wrote:'Not mine; was Van Hess'es.' she replied, the clink on metal as she loosened the chuck on the driver, then pulled the tool off, leaving the wooden bit stuck in the vampire.
He nodded, "I know, however, Mr. Von Hess would not be expected to charge headfirst into a vampire's lair to field test the solution, which is why I said I'd like you to write a field test report."
He looked her in the eye, "Consider it a bit of sincere advice to help you advance in the Society."

Anja wrote:"Yes inviting the good lady might be a good idea, she might indeed have questions for the prisoner."
Jefffry agreed with a nod.
He grimaced slightly, "Questions, and the means to extricate answers. I'll admit, I am less fond of her methods..."

Anja wrote:The man who was chained to the wall looked at you, he had dark brown hair and pale skin and large brown eyes he started sobbing.
"Do we know what type of kinfolk he is Mr Wainwright?"
Amadeus said over he radio.
"I am on my way, at least I can heal his wonds."
He frowned, thumbing the button again, "Best I can tell you is that he's the distressed kind... See you shortly, I'll try to get him unshackled."
He took a step closer to the man, hands out, palms up, "There, there, my friend... Let me get you out of those chains, and a friend of mine will come see to your wounds, alright? What's your name?"

((OOC: Yeah, my skill examples were just that - examples. Craft: Gunsmithing would be more appropriate than Firearms, perhaps, but I'd say you could still justify using Intelligence+Firearms for an appraisal roll.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:55 am

[Club, 2.30]

"Man if I could make one of those I would. I tried at literally ever rank I got too. And you know what happened....nothing." Serge said sounding dejected. "Apparently that type of magick is like...Adept level minimum. But one I do get there I'll make you some fancy pants with some bag of holding pockets."

"You would need either Mastery of Correspondence to expand space or Spirit to create a pocket realm and enough Prime to make it permanent."
Jeffry said.
"It is not an easy enchantment you desire young man."

"Man even as an inanimate ice statue I wanna obey your every whim." Serge said with a chuckle as he finished the statue.

He slowly and carefully tipped the statue over, resting it on the floor to more better match the vampires' current state. Flat on her back as she slumbered.

He took a step back admired the dark beauty emanating off of his creation. He sighed and glanced back at the room where the action was about to transpire. A part of him wanted to take a peek and see what was going on. But past lessons told him to stay put and do his job.

Still, he wished the others had given him a walkie-talkie....or any way to communicate to him about the going ons in the room. The silence field even prevented him from hearing what was going on within the room. So all he could do was wait for some kind of message.

There was not allot of sound comig out of the room due to the silencing spell Jeffry had created, there was no explosions though.

A soft laugh at that. 'Think it might not be really in your skill-set...'

"The kid study Correspodence so if he just get better at it he could do it."
Ryan said with a proud smile.

'Yeah... don't think that's going nowheres.' she replied, gently prodding the wooden screw-stake with a gloved finger.

In her sleep Lilyandra man this slight groaning sound when you poket at the stake, it hurt enough to disturb her sleep, slight sounds was all she could do though and she seamed to still be asleep.

Colin shrugged, "I don't think I've seen anyone shy of Masters of Correspondence, as it is counted, accomplish such a feat. I have, however, seen a few pockets and purses connected to rather large storerooms with fairly well organised shelving, made by Disciples. Baby steps, I suppose..."

"Yeah you can make a bag that connects to your room so you can grab things from that fairly easilly but expanding space itself is not easy."
Ryan agreed.

He grimaced slightly, "Questions, and the means to extricate answers. I'll admit, I am less fond of her methods..."

"I am not ond of torture either, some times it is the only option to try to gather information but such information is never going to be someting you can trust."
Jeffry said with a deep frown.
"But you can not deny that the Lady is good at her craft."

He frowned, thumbing the button again, "Best I can tell you is that he's the distressed kind... See you shortly, I'll try to get him unshackled."
He took a step closer to the man, hands out, palms up, "There, there, my friend... Let me get you out of those chains, and a friend of mine will come see to your wounds, alright? What's your name?"

"Noo...don't...hurt...me..."
The man managed thorugh he was so hoarse from screaming, then his lips just moved as he prayed to Ananasa to save him, he was trying to get away from you though, getting away from anyone but e could not put up much of a fight.
"On my way."
Amadeus said over the walkie talkie.

(OOC: I will deal with the OOC later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:42 am

[Club, 2.30]

Anja's Post:

A nod to this; it was firm enough to keep the target incapacitated... hopefully.

Colin's Post:

'Well, there wasn't no choice, was there?' giving a little "I did what needed to be done" shrug. 'Will ask him to teach me that trick, mind...'

Colin's Post:

'Oh, I've got a couple of plates spinning, there.' she replied, slipping the chuck key in a pocket. 'But all boils down to one thing...' allowing that sentence to drift off as she left the room, to head out to get the crate, still carrying the drill in one hand.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:48 am

[Club, 2.30]

A nod to this; it was firm enough to keep the target incapacitated... hopefully.

The stake was in there pretty tight, it would take considerable effort to get it out Liliandra's ston like body.

'Oh, I've got a couple of plates spinning, there.' she replied, slipping the chuck key in a pocket. 'But all boils down to one thing...' allowing that sentence to drift off as she left the room, to head out to get the crate, still carrying the drill in one hand.

"How did it go?"
Fran asked as you came back out of the vampire's bedroom.

(OOC: Yes they believe the delorian is the time machine due to the flux capasitor but they do believe the reason why Doc Brown can make a flux capasitor before anyone else is due to his Awakened Genious, he just have a understanding of tech others do not.)

(OOC 2: The point is a secondary will react with different primaries depending on what it is used for.)

(OOC 3: I would allow a Lore or Occult roll to see if the character kow what to do with a vampire, with no Vampire Lore or kowledge of the supernatural they might try staking due to movies but will not know how it works. I am not going to reoll for every little thing tough, so if you know about vampire I am not going to have someone do a medicine roll to find the heart first, unless there are special circumstances.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:25 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Anja wrote:"Yeah you can make a bag that connects to your room so you can grab things from that fairly easilly but expanding space itself is not easy."
Ryan agreed.
Colin grinned, "Bloody useful, either way. And ladies' purses seem to possess an element of it, regardless of magical talent."

Anja wrote:"I am not ond of torture either, some times it is the only option to try to gather information but such information is never going to be someting you can trust."
Jeffry said with a deep frown.
"But you can not deny that the Lady is good at her craft."
He nodded, "Well, few are bound to have as long, broad, and deep experience on the subject as she does..."

Nicole wrote:'Well, there wasn't no choice, was there?' giving a little "I did what needed to be done" shrug. 'Will ask him to teach me that trick, mind...'
He smiled thinly, "And yet, you are the one with the hands-on experience now. Your perspective on its use will greatly differ from any laboratory work - writing that report will do you no harm, I should think."

Nicole wrote:'Oh, I've got a couple of plates spinning, there.' she replied, slipping the chuck key in a pocket. 'But all boils down to one thing...' allowing that sentence to drift off as she left the room, to head out to get the crate, still carrying the drill in one hand.
He nodded, "I'm given to understand the Society is as bad about 'publish or perish' as any mundane academic institution."

Anja wrote:"Noo...don't...hurt...me..."
The man managed thorugh he was so hoarse from screaming, then his lips just moved as he prayed to Ananasa to save him, he was trying to get away from you though, getting away from anyone but e could not put up much of a fight.
"On my way."
Amadeus said over the walkie talkie.
He thumbed the walky again, "Ananasi kinfolk, for certain. Didn't our friend let us know one was missing?"
He clipped the walkie-talkie back on his belt and cautiously came closer, reaching for the manacles, "I won't hurt you, I'm a friend to the Ananasi, my name is Colin... I'll release you, alright? I'll work a little magic, and free you, I won't touch you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:04 pm

[Club, 8.30]

Colin's Post:

A little snort to this. 'They won't care 'bout shit like that.'

Anja's Post:

'It is done.' she announced, looking rather more tired and sweaty than just a few minutes ago. 'So, package up the primary, teleport it back to local Chantry...'

[Being Awakened was never the point. The issue was that if all technomancy is like the Delorean it doesn't need the user to 'believe in it' for them to function. The discovery otherwise could cause the technomancer's willpower/paradigm/mind to snap, or at least put under severe strain. I suspect the Union gets quite a few Denial-type Quiets due to this.]

[Lore or Occult. That's the issue I take with Knowledges. While Skill/Talent separations makes sense (within limits), not so with stuff which primarily relies on the 'stuff you remember'. After all, if you're 'trying to remember about werewolves', you will basically check your Academics (History), Occult, Shapeshifter Lore for hints/leads without ever thinking 'oh I can't do that, only one subject at a time!']

[Nick can't answer the 'publish or perish' line as she left the room to get the crate. Feel free to re-ask when she comes back, though.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:34 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Colin grinned, "Bloody useful, either way. And ladies' purses seem to possess an element of it, regardless of magical talent."

"Well it does actually, when something have been a runningjoke for so long it bcome a bit of liear magic, there is a bit of space distortion in ladies purces unless you think to hard about it, then you will never manag to get all you had in the purse previously back in there."
Henrietta commented with a grin.

He nodded, "Well, few are bound to have as long, broad, and deep experience on the subject as she does..."

"Indeed so and it is another good reason not to get into a conflict with the good lady."
Jeffry said with a wry smile.

He thumbed the walky again, "Ananasi kinfolk, for certain. Didn't our friend let us know one was missing?"

"We found one of those he is at Steelhaven's infrmary."
Amadeus said oveer the walkie talkie.
"This might be another person."

He clipped the walkie-talkie back on his belt and cautiously came closer, reaching for the manacles, "I won't hurt you, I'm a friend to the Ananasi, my name is Colin... I'll release you, alright? I'll work a little magic, and free you, I won't touch you..."

The man kept rraying to Ananasa sobbing and trying to get away from you he seamed copletley terrified.
"The Nephanda...she...she...took it..."
He manages between prayers in hysterical sobs.
"She took it!"

'It is done.' she announced, looking rather more tired and sweaty than just a few minutes ago. 'So, package up the primary, teleport it back to local Chantry...'

"Might as well teleport her back to Steelhaven there is no need for a stop in between."
Ryan said and Fran nodded she looked at Nicole appraisingly for a moment then she shook herself out of it.
"Ok putting the vampire in the crate then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:59 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Nicole wrote:A little snort to this. 'They won't care 'bout shit like that.'
Colin smiled thinly, "You might find yourself quite surprised by their response to a well-written after action report."

Anja wrote:The man kept rraying to Ananasa sobbing and trying to get away from you he seamed copletley terrified.
"The Nephanda...she...she...took it..."
He manages between prayers in hysterical sobs.
"She took it!"
He frowned, working a quick enchantment to turn the iron in the manacles into harmless, melts-at-thirty-degrees-Celsius gallium by drawing a circle with another circle at the core and 31 notches at the outer rim with one of the diamond sticks, etching a barely-visible line, "And we're taking Lily... We're here to help you, friend, what did the Nephanda take?"

((OOC: So a bit of quick work, a fairly simple Matter 2 effect, transmuting one metal to another for a few seconds, Arete roll: 1,0,0... Eh, should suffice long enough for the poor guy to drag his arm free. Or do I need another roll?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:05 pm

[Club, 2.30]

He frowned, working a quick enchantment to turn the iron in the manacles into harmless, melts-at-thirty-degrees-Celsius gallium by drawing a circle with another circle at the core and 31 notches at the outer rim with one of the diamond sticks, etching a barely-visible line, "And we're taking Lily... We're here to help you, friend, what did the Nephanda take?"

As the chains softened and melted te wounded man fell to the floor sobbing.
"My...Avatar...she took my Avatar."
He cried then he started praying again as he fell to a limp heap on the floor. Amadeus rushed trough the door at that and approached the wounded kinfolk but this panicked the man mor and he tried the scream and scamper away.

(OOC: That should do it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:42 pm

[Club, 2.30]
Anja wrote:As the chains softened and melted te wounded man fell to the floor sobbing.
"My...Avatar...she took my Avatar."
He cried then he started praying again as he fell to a limp heap on the floor. Amadeus rushed trough the door at that and approached the wounded kinfolk but this panicked the man mor and he tried the scream and scamper away.
Colin's eyes darkened, "Lily's days are numbered; she'll answer for this crime, as well... and we'll do what we can to reunite you with your Avatar, or seek out other means to make things right... but there's only so much we can do on so short notice..."
He looked toward Amadeus, "Master Nassa, would you kindly ask Mr. Yaeger to join us to help soothing our friend here? It's... worse than we thought. He was one of ours..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:18 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Colin's eyes darkened, "Lily's days are numbered; she'll answer for this crime, as well... and we'll do what we can to reunite you with your Avatar, or seek out other means to make things right... but there's only so much we can do on so short notice..."

"She took it..."
The kinfolk sobbed as he huddeled on the floor.
"She took it...ripped it out of me...I want my mother!"
He cried desperatly. Jeffry gave you a dark look, the old Hermetic had turned a little pale.

He looked toward Amadeus, "Master Nassa, would you kindly ask Mr. Yaeger to join us to help soothing our friend here? It's... worse than we thought. He was one of ours..."

"Was?...Shit!"
Amadeus exclaimed then he ducked out of the bedroom again and looked towards Serge.
"Kid you are needed...the prisoner we found in there he...it is bad."
The old Verbena muttered he looked a bit shaken.
"Perhaps you can help calm the man down enough that I can help him...help him physically at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:18 am

[Club, 2.30]

Nicole wrote:A soft laugh at that. 'Think it might not be really in your skill-set...'
Anja wrote:"The kid study Correspodence so if he just get better at it he could do it."
Ryan said with a proud smile.

"The pants creating would probably be the hardest parts. Sewing was never my strong suit." Serge said with a chuckle, seemingly not to concerned with the high magick skill requirement demanded. "But I'll do it for you Nicole. That way you could have even larger weapons on you at all times."

Anja wrote:There was not allot of sound coming out of the room due to the silencing spell Jeffry had created, there was no explosions though.
Anja wrote:"Was?...Shit!"
Amadeus exclaimed then he ducked out of the bedroom again and looked towards Serge.
"Kid you are needed...the prisoner we found in there he...it is bad."
The old Verbena muttered he looked a bit shaken.
"Perhaps you can help calm the man down enough that I can help him...help him physically at least."

Serge looked up at Master Nassa, listening to his words and inferring how the vampire staking had gone from them.

"I'm guessing it's a little more than bad." he said with a frown as he rushed into the room to see what was going on.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:32 am

[Club, 2.30]

"The pants creating would probably be the hardest parts. Sewing was never my strong suit." Serge said with a chuckle, seemingly not to concerned with the high magick skill requirement demanded. "But I'll do it for you Nicole. That way you could have even larger weapons on you at all times."

"Well if you want to learn how to sew Serge I could teach you."
Fran offered.

Serge looked up at Master Nassa, listening to his words and inferring how the vampire staking had gone from them.

"I'm guessing it's a little more than bad." he said with a frown as he rushed into the room to see what was going on.

"The guy was...a mage."
Amadeus said putting emphasis on the word was. You got intot he bed room and saw Colin trying to help a terrified man on the floor, he was in his 20's with dark brown hair and eyes, the guy was gull of bruises, cuts, puncture marks and other sings of torture and he was curled up on the floor sometimes praying to Ananasa soetimes just sobbing and sometimes screaming he wanted his mother or saying that someone took something, his voice bearly a whisper from screaming so much. The ma was pale and full of sweat and terrified of everything.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:31 am

[Club, 2.30]

Serge's Post:

'Not pants - they get dinged up too quick. A good bag, like a Goruck. With weight reduction.' highlighting the universal experience of infantry since organised warfare began; the feeling of being a packmule.

Colin's Post:

'They want three thou abstracts on "Inventions of the Century", not a hundred-word "How To: Stake Vampire".' she replied dismissively, thrusting out her chest as she stretched out her back - the drilling had really been an uncomfortable position for her, due to height. 'Quarterly might be interested, mind... for their "Tit-bit" section.' hand fingering a pocket for a moment before heading out to get the vampire's crate.

Anja's Post:

'Do Home have enough guards for this? All reports are the target on the loose equals true shit/fan territory.' Nicole replied, gesturing for somebody to follow her, presumably to get said crate.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:05 pm

[Club, 2.30]

'They want three thou abstracts on "Inventions of the Century", not a hundred-word "How To: Stake Vampire".' she replied dismissively, thrusting out her chest as she stretched out her back - the drilling had really been an uncomfortable position for her, due to height. 'Quarterly might be interested, mind... for their "Tit-bit" section.' hand fingering a pocket for a moment before heading out to get the vampire's crate.

"Are you ok Nicole?"
Fran said whe she saw how stiff the Etherite seamed to be and she gave you a bit of a concerned look.

'Do Home have enough guards for this? All reports are the target on the loose equals true shit/fan territory.' Nicole replied, gesturing for somebody to follow her, presumably to get said crate.

Fran and Henrietta came along to help.
"Would it be better that the danger be visited upon another Chantry?"
Fran asked raising an eyebrow.
"But yes I believe that as long as the vampire is staked she should nto be able to get loose so what we have is going to have to be enough, but yes this lady getting loose would have been bad, very bad."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:54 pm

[Club, 2.30]

Anja's Post:

'Compared to what I've seen today, I've got no right to complain...'

Anja's Post:

'We're already overstreched. And... I think it'll be night in Boston by now. I say it goes to local, then back with us.' she replied, going up the stairs to get the crate. 'But it ain't my call, really.'

[It would have been impossible for Fran to hear that first bit as it was said in a different room, but she could have asked the question on entry to the lounge.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next