Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime Planning Thread II

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Downtime Planning Thread II - Page 2 Empty Re: Downtime Planning Thread II

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 11, 2022 2:54 am

Nicole wrote:I can't remember if Serge has been there yet either; he might want to visit Rodregio too.

Serge has not been in that Labyrinth at all.

Also if your referring Serge's to my funky dream spider buddy, Rodrigo, then yeah Serge does want to visit him again lol. Though that would be off screen and used to justify Serge's sphere upgrades as he studies and understands the Deaconess's work.

If Rodregio refers to someone else than I'm gonna need a reminder.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:41 am

So Nicole should be allowed to behave exactly as she wish ad if anyoe ever triggers her hang ups by accident they should beg forgivness and prostrate themselves before her? That is just not how things work.

It is actually 'how things work'. At least somewhat. In my experience of some thirty-years plus of life, at least.

The general 'lesson' I was taught around six years old is laid out here; https://www.wikihow.com/Win-Back-Friends-After-Offending-Them

That even when you don't feel 'you've done anything wrong' you can apologise for the reaction it caused. Or suggest that you get that 'it went too far', 'the situation got too heated' and so on. Didn't you ever use these lines with your siblings as a kid?

I suspect most the time the above are just code for 'let's put this behind us, yes?'. The offended party - if given a bit of time to cool down - normally accepts this non-apology apology. Then they move on.

Note, no demands to 'behave exactly like Nick wants', no begging for forgiveness and clearly no prostration. Hell, Fran doesn't even have to retract any of her earlier comments.

This remid m of a situation I read oline, where a black woman was going completely ballistic becaus a man had asked her if the number seven bus had already left. He was late for the bus and asked the first person he saw if the bus had already left and this woman went on and on about how this was oe mroe white person who wanted a service from black women, then she complained that insted of apologizing when she had yellwed at him for daring to ask about the bus he had just looked at her dumbfunded as if she was crazy.

I told her that while her reaction was undrstandabl considring the discrimination she had experienced but this guy did nothig wrog he asked a inocent person, he did nto care who was sitting at the bus stop he just wanted to know if they knew if the bus had already left. Now her reaction was understandabl considering her trauma but that do nto eman the person she was rude to should apologize for you kow acting like a normal uman being eve if that somehow triggered another person's issues.

Once again, Great One - big picture.

Nick and Fran aren't two random people at a bus stop who shall never meet again. They're neighbours and co-workers in a tiny community and due to their rank / skillset are likely to be thrown together on missions. If nothing else, you're a bit more likely to try to keep a decent-enough relationship because you shall have to keep on dealing with them. In situations like this, 'cutting a bit of slack' is the order of the day; being lenient with another's foibles in the hopes they'll do the same for you one day (which is a lot, when the other party is a Euthanatos).

Plus, hasn't Nick saved Fran's life in combat or something? Isn't that worth nothing?

The law is not always fair. Now the difference here bieng most pepole think Nicole had evry excuse to yell at Flavian the problem is that it is against the law, it is perfectly understandable what she did it is just not legal, and oe mage's legal problems have a tendency to affect their Cabal as well.

The discussion between Fran and icole is purely perosnal and ntohing lse. And to be honest it go both ways, against see the top of my post, so Fran is unresonable for nto being willing to be a doormat for Nicole ad apologize whn she did ntohing wrong but Nicole is perfectly justified to demand it orshe will end the friendship because off course she is right and everyone else is wrong? Such things go both ways and to be honst from Fran's point of view she would not want to have a frindsip with someoe who could b triggered by nothing ad rad an insult out of anythingand then not let it go, some things are just nto worth it.

Re-read the point, Great One. The message I was trying to convey is that Nicole understands when a climb-down / apology / compromise is needed or 'a good idea' even when you don't think you are wrong. Does Fran really think - in the grand scheme of things - that the 'rewards' of digging in her heels, blaming the other party and trying to tough it out outweighs the possible 'losses'?

Anyway, Nick isn't sufficiently pissed off by this to let it become a 'forever thing' but just a bit of contrition can make it clear up much quicker. But if Fran doesn't make a move Nick shall think she's a bit of a stubborn ass and/or emotionally deadened. Now, one or both of these reasons are 100% possible but don't you tell me they are normal responses from the vast majority of humanity.

Serge has not been in that Labyrinth at all.

Also if your referring Serge's to my funky dream spider buddy, Rodrigo, then yeah Serge does want to visit him again lol. Though that would be off screen and used to justify Serge's sphere upgrades as he studies and understands the Deaconess's work.

If Rodregio refers to someone else than I'm gonna need a reminder.

Nah, it's Rodrigo.

I'll argue it should be an IC scene because a) we've not had a 'grand tour' yet and b) we need to flesh out the place anyway. I mean it could be done here OOC, I suppose. I'll go with the majority view on this, really.

On my final point; I get the feeling that the IC thread is stalling due to... well, lack of content. I suggest we start the Downtime scenes. Either in a different thread or the current one, I don't mind.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:53 pm

So, the Downtime scene list currently stands as follows...

- Visit the alleged Ratkin relative [Nick]
- Worcester fallout post-mortem [Nick/Colin]
- 'Critter census' first planning meeting [Nick/Colin(?)]
- Nick's 'careers advice' [Nick/Colin]
- Dealing with Serge's banshee [Serge]

There is also two 'possibles' for scenes;

- Touring the Laybrinth [Serge/Nick/Colin]
- Serge's weapons training session [Serge/Nick(?)/Colin(?)]

I didn't put the sparring session with Nassa on this because I seriously doubt they'd have enough time before leaving.

Is there any others before leaving for Horizon?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:37 am

Weapon training could be interesting, and Colin's definitely going to attend the first session for that - might delegate further instruction to Nicole from time to time, though...

Labyrinth tour's going to be soon, though.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:03 pm

Yeah that looks about right. I can't think of anything else that Serge needs to deal with before Horizon.

Anja if your ok I can start a small scene with Serge waiting in his room for his family to call him to deal with the banshee.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:05 pm

'Labyrinth tour's going to be soon, though.' - what do you mean by that?

Also, you can't think of any others, Warp?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:20 pm

Labyrinth tour needs to be done before going to Horizon; that's a little urgent, to check on food and perishable salvageables. The trip to the shooting range... slightly less urgent, and could probably end up delayed until after the Horizon trip, all things considered. Depends a bit on how long the postponement lasts.

Part of the issue with Doing All The Stuff is that we don't know how many days we have. Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Ah, I get it. Just the way it was phrased I didn't get if you were saying it should be soon or it will be soon...

As with the time we have to play with... Well I did guestimate that if Horizon's lockdown started early Sat morning (Boston-time) it's unlikely to lift it before Monday morning, minimum. This would mean SH's landing slot would have been bumped from Sun evening to Tues evening (as everything is two days behind). However, it might be a bit longer than this as the Etherite dock facility might be playing it very safe (not just for all the metalskins on the Fleet etc but the cybernetic symposium due). Though might feel a little reassured by Nick's presence, reasoning if she isn't dead the folks around her unlikely to be carriers.

On the other hand, the Chief is - I suspect - unlikely to want to stall the hearing much longer. Not only does it simply continue the stress on Kyle but the more simple reason most of the party would have gotten Thanksgiving week (the coming week) off, but be due back at MuggleLife on the next Monday.

So... let's say the party finds out their new landing slot requires them to leave Boston early on Wednesday? (Which would be even more fun for Nick/Colin, as they'd have to get there beforehand for the preflight etc). Which means realistically, folks have about a day and a half.

Which I would suggest means Serge's training session, Nick's 'CritterDar' meeting and visiting her rat-atives is shelved until after Horizon. But as so often, just me thinking aloud here.

Anyway, two things needing wrapping up OOC;

#1: The clean-up/securing of the Fernald. Shall we say it's a job more organised along Tradition (ie Etherites) than Chantry, and was done on Monday? One thing they'll need to do is a *full* sweep of the place (it's a massive site, with some ~20 remaining major buildings) - Nick personally wants to a) find that Blue Transit (used in kidnappings) and b) find out *how* the Fallen located the Kinfolk.

#2: Do any Ratkin offer any assistance for the recovering Kinfolk? Now, speaking purely OOC if none do (or more correctly, none more than Strawberry) it will push the 'Kinfolk Deserve Better!' quest to the top of Nick's list. If this isn't a story arc you don't want to dominate, having 'a bit' of help from them (perhaps a few doing it as part of their 'help the homeless' duty for serving Rat) would make the issue a bit less... urgent in Nick's mind.

Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:16 pm

Wednesday morning sounds about reasonable for takeoff, yeah... fortunately, the ol' gal is well kept, so the preflight checks shouldn't take *too* much time. At least Colin doesn't plan on bringing any candles or blood sacrifices. Wink

We've started the meeting between Nick and Colin in the new thread - here - so you might want to hop on that one, too. Good opportunity for Nick to bring up the Cryptidar then.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:32 am

Anja if your ok with it I can start a small scene in the downtime thread with Serge waiting in his room for his family to call him to deal with the banshee.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:49 pm

Yeah that sounds like a good idea Jeremy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:55 am

Lots of things...

#1: Laybrinth tour/cleanup. Warp pointed out Colin would need to visit it before Horizon to check it's okay etc. I think it would make a good IC scene because it will allow a) Great One to flesh it out and b) the PCs to discuss what the hell to do with it. Also needs to be searched properly; it never was if I recall.

#2: The clean-up/securing of the Fernald needs to be done. Shall we say it's a job more organised along Tradition (ie Etherites) than Chantry, and was done on Monday? One thing they'll need to do is a *full* sweep of the place (it's a massive site, with some ~20 remaining major buildings) - Nick personally wants to a) find that Blue Transit (used in kidnappings) and b) find out *how* the Fallen located the Kinfolk.

#3: Do any Ratkin offer any assistance for the recovering Kinfolk? Now, speaking purely OOC if none do (or more correctly, none more than Strawberry) it will push the 'Kinfolk Deserve Better!' quest to the top of Nick's list. If this isn't a story arc you don't want to dominate, having 'a bit' of help from them (perhaps a few doing it as part of their 'help the homeless' duty for serving Rat) would make the issue a bit less... urgent in Nick's mind.

#4: The 'loot' recovered needs to be sorted out. To the best of my knowledge, the pile contains...
a) Weaponry. A BAR, a scoped rifle, the dragon's breath rounds, and a very large consignment of small arms.

b) Cash. Nick got a massive haul of it (can't remember where, though), as well as smaller levels found here and there.

c) The servers from the club.

d) Other items from the club, like the candlesticks, the drink/smokes and so on.

e) Other items from the Hospital. Mainly Scientific equipment. Nick promised Lowell they'd get it, but if there was something that Nick/Miles really wanted I think they'd let them have it.

f) Other items from the labyrinth. Why I think we should do an IC scene of exploring it.

#5: As you've brought it up, Nick's going to need a 'dealing with a rat' scene.

#6: All the prisoners Steehaven has. Big Chris, the staked vampire... who else do we have? What happens to them all? Anything needing fleshing out or even RP'ing?

Naturally, anyone shout if I've forgotten stuff.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:43 am

Lessee, one at a time...

#1: Sounds like a Tuesday affair. Give everyone the Monday to recuperate.

#2: An Etherite operation, maybe under Hadermann's administration and Nicole's on-site supervision?

#3: Not my (or Colin's) business, unless he gets dragged into it.

#4: a) Probably getting checked for traceability, then put in Chantry's stock or distributed to the members best with/most interested in the specific weapons. Though Morgan might have some interest in the Dragon's Breath shells.

b) Probably a small cut to the Chantry itself, and I'm not sure how the large haul will be divvied up. Might be split between everyone, might be split with the strike team, might be given to Nicole as "finder's keepers", but I do believe it was from Lilyandra's safe?

c) The servers are not loot, they're *evidence* first. Also bait.

d) Drinks and smokes sounds like an in-house wine lottery or something. The books go in the library, most likely, though possibly in a restricted room due to the delicate age of some of them. Candlesticks and art pieces, Colin's going to recommend they be kept in the Chantry for "special occasions", such as honored guests, or for auctioning off if the Chantry's in a fiscal pickle. Silver's gonna be tricky, though, due to the silversmith...

e) Not Colin's part.

f) Tuesday?

#5: Again, Nicole's business.

#6: Big Chris is probably handed off to whoever Deaconess Mara O'Connor suggests is a Changeling of proper authority in Boston - if anyone knows, she does. The staked vampires are "guests", except Lilyandra...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:52 am

Yes Big Chris would have been handed of to Boston's court thorugh Lady Mara's contacts.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:57 pm

Please don't forget the other points, Great One...

#1: Agreed. Plus, we've already made the PCs 'busy' on Monday.

#2: I'd argue it all depends on what place has the largest concentration of Etherites. I got the vague feeling that Lowell did (though Hadermann is the ranking Etherite in-region, thus the 'Professor' tag). This detail not important, what is important is the clean-up mission (and the items found).

Nick shall be there because if nothing else, she knows the place already. Plus... this is burly donkeywork.

#6: Who else is present as prisoners? I've utterly forgotten.

#7: With various loot... this is a Hermetic Chantry. Hermetics have rules for everything, stuff which was codified after a week-long meeting in 1543 by at least five Masters present. As there doesn't seem to be one here, I propose this...

- When taken, all items are valued and put into a 'prize fund'.
- Valuations shall be done by the Deacons.
- Items below the value of say, $200 are exempt. Finders keepers.
- The prize fund has a 'tax' of 10% levied on it by the Chantry.
- Afterwards, the fund will be divided by the members present on the mission.
- Payments are in cash and/or kind.
- The choice in items are done by rank.
- Deacons reserve the right to claim 'eminent domain' on any item. But fair compensation must be paid.

I think this would work okay, and would be 'fair'. Rather similar to the old RL rules regarding 'prizes of war' and so on.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:12 pm

Now, is anyone actually going to respond to these points/questions, or am I going to have to put it *all* in the IC thread in a last-ditch attempt to get it done?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Sorry, haven't really seen that I had more to add to the discussion at present, myself.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:00 pm

What about the setting up of the Labyrinth thread? And any others, like the possible thread with this rat-spirit?

Also, nothing at all to be said regarding points #6 and #7?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:51 pm

Labyrinth and Ratty scenes fit in the same thread, really.

Prisoners, there's Lilyandra and Big Chris for now, and I guess we still have a few Fallen shackled up in the basement.

Nothing to add, really, to #7.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm

Nicole wrote:#6: Who else is present as prisoners? I've utterly forgotten.
Warp wrote:Prisoners, there's Lilyandra and Big Chris for now, and I guess we still have a few Fallen shackled up in the basement.

There's also Thomas, the Technocrat kid we had to detain.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:51 pm

Thomas isn't so much a prisoner, really... in the sense that he's not a hostile, at least. More like a temporary kidnapee...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 pm

Well, I assume Thomas can be released Mon morning (dropped off at the port?). You mentioned other vampires, Warp?

As for #7... I mean does it seem an okay rule for the Chantry to have? In IC terms it doesn't matter much, though it does mean characters will have to choose between loot and cash at times (such as that machine-gun Nick's taken an eye to is gonna cost her a lot). In fact, it would be easier to run as the whole 'loot value' of a place can be calculated, minus the Chantry cut and then simply divided by number of folks on mission.

Oh, and I meant scene, not thread regarding Labyrinth/Rattu.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:23 am

Other vampires? I think we have one or two staked guests, who are only in temporary storage at Steelhaven, as in a "safehouse". Colin's got the torpid Toreador in his workshop, and the torpid Kiasyd in the villa, the latter's gonna need an extra blood bag or two pretty quickly, but those aren't in the Chantry proper.

The divvying rules seem straightforward enough to me. Only thing Colin will object to is melting down the silver for the metal value - those are works of art, after all. Anja, opinions on the distribution scheme?
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:38 am

The prize rules are way ahead of you here.

Each item is valued on what it can be reasonably sold for. If Colin judges the candlesticks can't be sold as-is [ie too hot] it'll then get valued for scrap value. If the Chantry wants them, they'll pay that price. If they don't, they'll be then offered to Chantry members [at same price], in order of rank. If nobody desires them, the Chantry will then look to sell them on for what they can, where they can. [I could see this being done for the vampire's BMW from earlier; Nick gave a 'parts value' number, the Chantry bought it at that and then each person on that mission got an extra $300 or something].

Many of the things being sold in this 'loot bazaar' will be below market rates [sometimes very below] for some stuff will be hard to fence and/or can only be done at a discount. For example, all the guns recovered. It's quite possible that some of the stuff is sold on to other Chantries and so on.

Nick will also suggest that another say, 5%/10% cut is taken off the prize pot for a 'hardship fund' for when Mages take serious economic hits while on missions etc. For example, if a person has to take time off work, finds their kit destroyed and so on.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:10 am

I am havig a bit of a troubl catchig up, if you jut writ me a post with the spesific questios you had I will sort them out.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next