Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime planning thread.

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Go down

Downtime planning thread. Empty Downtime planning thread.

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:44 am

Here is the tread for suggjestions, plans and ideas for what the little magelings will be doing during the downtime. Nicole's player suggjested that we get one of these.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Downtime planning thread. Empty Re: Downtime planning thread.

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:27 am

So, Colin's plans for the next couple of months...

John and Barry will be offered a special discount - half off the price for their wedding rings - if they would invite two dear friends of Colin's to the wedding; one Mr. Adley Roth Hicks and one Narim Sharaya. It might be a nice gesture, but Colin won't pressure them into it. Wink (Can be done as a background event, just say what they sat about the offer.)

Make those memorial plaques. (Autopilot will be fine.)

Ask the names of the werewolves who fell in the battle against the Boston Labyrinth, and make a pair of special memorial plaques, one for the Boston Tribunal, and one for the werewolves, bearing the names of all those who died in the battle. The plaque for the werewolves will be framed behind glass, as a courtesy. (I'd like to roleplay this one out; would be meeting with new potential allies, or even friends.)

Make a small cross as a lucky charm for Case Taldor, and invite her friend Katrina (with one of her parents) into the shop to pick it up. (Not crucial to be roleplayed, but I'd be quite fine with it all the same - meeting Case at the hospital later has already been done, so no big need to repeat that.)

Get Anna's library sorted, and offer Kyle a little extra spending money to help with organizing the books. (Again, autopilot.)

Get the formalities with the Chicago Tribunal taken care of, and aiding the Mercere there in finding a new Chantry. (Unless you have some very peculiar legal intricacies planned for this, this can be dealt with between the pages.)

Make a silver mask in the likeness of Deaconess Darnell (as she looked before the Union butchered her), as a gift in light of the unfair restrictions placed on her regarding a flesh mask. (Between the pages, again, but I'd like to see her response to the gift.)

Write up the details of the meta-Rote for publication, with the appended treatment for vampire blood poisoning that Cita extrapolated, get the whole thing properly patented and then published in the Paradigma. (I'll write down the Rote more properly, but I don't feel a great need to roleplay the meeting with the Paradigma editor - unless you want me to play out the finer points of negotiating the fee for writing the article. Razz )

Meet with the captain of the Heart of Horizon and present the drawing of the ship. (Not crucial, but might be an interesting chat.)

Get the gun repaired. (Backstage.)

Umbral flight lessons. (Also backstage.)

Clean and examine Siege's Phylactery, while keeping it safe until the trial. (Again, backstage.)

Clean Dalisse's collection of rings and present it to suitable historical museums in Boston for display - under the guise of him being its caretaker, rather than owner. (No need to press the interactions here, just let me know what the museums offer in terms of payment, exposure and personal discretion regarding the collection.)

Calling the werewolf stonecutter about a straightforward business deal, "Moon Dancer says hello." (Play it out or simply run it in the background, either works for me.)

Greek lessons under Adley's tutelage. (Not necessary to play out)

Get The Creation of a Mage's Child translated - the parts that are not in Latin, in any case. (Also not necessary to play out.)

Help, if necessary and possible, with summoning a Psychopomp to help with Susannah Florentine's new Avatar. (We might want to get a nice description of that, at least, even if just as a passive observation on us players' part.)

Knife combat training in the morning with Amadeus and Richard. (Let's gloss over that one, at least.)

And of course, get closer to Freddy and start training Anna and "deconditioning" her from the Nephandi philosophies. (Again, perhaps best glossed over.)

Almost forgot - make a memorial of the matchbox car. (Dealing with that ghost will probably have to be played out.)

More to be added as and when I remember/read through the old threads and remember to take notes. Razz

Last edited by Warpmind on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Here's Serge's list.

Stuff mentioned in threads:

Library visit with Kyle (social)

Visiting grand mentor and injured mentor (social)

Thanking the deaconess for saving mentor (social)

Teaching Narim art lessons in exchange for correspondence lessons (social + gain a dot in correspondence if Anja approves; can be done either in background or played out)

Ikea trip with Rosa (social)

Set up a devientart/tumblr/some sort of art commision service online. (Attempt at gaining a dot in resources background; can be done in the background)

Join the player character cabal

Stuff not mentioned that Serge wants to do:

Talk with Ange (his mentor), Ryan, Mr.Bergen, Helga, or any other nearby Ecstatic or Colin and try to get some lessons in Entropy. (Officially gain a second dot in Entropy; Can be done in the background)

Learn how to drive (Yes, this is because Nicole mentioned it. But yeah Serge would want to do this.; can be done in the background)

Serge is also willing to help any of the player characters if they want it.

There's probably some more stuff but this is what comes to mind right now.

Find people to help test all the rote ideas that keep popping into Serge's head.

Stuff that came to mind:

Make a gift for the Deaconness as part of the thanks. Will likely be a drawing except with more time devoted towards it. (I'm ok with this being a scene or in the background)

Keep Cadence company during the coming months (Can be background or a scene)

In a drug-fueled haze of passion and sleepless creativity, Serge will decorate his room with random assortments of large scale drawings drawn on both paper and on entire walls of the room itself. (This allows Serge's room to be unique and connected with him. Allows him to use the entire room as a focus for his magic and makes it a good place to meditate and enter his demesne [in terms of flavor]. I'm also wondering if this could make his room into his personal sanctum. Sadly I don't have the book on me right now so I don't remember the details of the sanctum background.)

Recharge quintessence in Node room (background)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:43 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added some stuff)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Teaching Narim art lessons in exchange for correspondence lessons (social + gain a dot
in correspondence if Anja approves)

That sounds good to me.

Which of the scenes mentioned would you like to play out and which ones would you like to do as meta gaming for the downtime? And that go for both of you.

ohn and Barry will be offered a special discount - half off the price for their wedding rings - if they would invite two dear friends of Colin's to the wedding; one Mr. Adley Roth Hicks and one Narim Sharaya. It might be a nice gesture, but Colin won't pressure them into it. Wink

Now that would be sweet.

Thank you both for the lists.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Aight, list updated.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:31 pm

*copies over*

-return favors and payments to his spirit allies (some of this might be mentioned in the rp for Chicago, or other threads and some can be off scene)
- Carmon (social rp)
-Carmon's letter request
- Narim (social rp)
- investigating all the leads regarding the beacon and the grimoire (meditation and research, possibly some short scenes/letters with NPCs)
- Kyle: assist teaching/meantoring Kyle, discuss language ( Dragon's tongue) maybe also try to figure out an alternative for Danielle and discuss implications of their relationship. Getting his parents stuff and dealing with their mundane issues, like school etc. (behind scene, some could be a social rp) Discussion about pets and keeping everyone safe.
- possibly the umbrood shard would be dealt with, depending on how fast it's grown up (rp probably)
- if not in more pain than practical, knife training with Adjan and Amadeus unless his wounds prevent it (behind the scenes)
-shopping trip - new suit, some furniture for his room and food (whatever the others wish to do, off scene or what)
-fallout from Lux Iternis, see how Dupis' apprentice is doing, and what to do about Nico (could just hear about this in another thread, or learn about it off scene)
-releasing the vampires from Chicago Releasing Lenoe (can be off scene unless he wants to talk to him)
-the locket from Gary/Chicago
-Dylan's child's funeral
-having a cabal meeting with all the members and discussing membership, etc. (social rp)
-language lessons, Greek for Colin, Kyle and Adjan etc (off scene)
-learning more Prime & Spirit sphere from Morgan (I think we said we were doing Prime first so whatever can be reasonably taught; off scene)
-trying not to lose his faculty job at the college...(the ongoing struggle with mundane affairs - he may have to put in a LoA if they're going to be away in two months, off scene)
-check in on Hannah who is in the hospital

(Colin)
John and Barry will be offered a special discount - half off the price for their wedding rings - if they would invite two dear friends of Colin's to the wedding; one Mr. Adley Roth Hicks and one Narim Sharaya. It might be a nice gesture, but Colin won't pressure them into it. Wink

Haha, good thing he's getting a suit if he's getting a wedding invite.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added things to do)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Looks good. What if we make a thread for some of these scenes a thread 30 where some of what should be roleplayed ot are done, it might not be as in order as the other threads but more doing one of the scenes, then moving on to the next. Nicole says we should have each scene in induvidual threads and since we are doing induvidual scenes instead of just following the day along I am not completely oposed to this but I still think gathering these scenes in one thread make it easier to archive and it can be marked so when replying I might write it like this.

[Adley] (With Narim in a wedding.)
reply reply

[Colin and Tane] (Discussing the name of the dead werewolves.)
reply repy

[Serge] (Meeting with grandma.)
reply reply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Which of the scenes mentioned would you like to play out and which ones would you like to do as meta gaming for the downtime?

Here's a re-ordered version of the list.

Stuff that doesn't require a scene and can be done in the background:

Set up a devientart/tumblr/some sort of art gallery/commision service online. (I might use a small bit of magic to help increase the popularity of his art online.)

Teaching Narim art lessons in exchange for correspondence lessons (Don't know if this needs a scene or not)

Talk with Ange (his mentor), Ryan, Mr. Bergen, Helga, or any other nearby Ecstatic or Colin and try to get some lessons in Entropy. (Officially gain a second dot in Entropy)

Learn how to drive.

Recharge quintessence in Node room (background)

Things that might need a scene:

Library visit with Kyle (social)

Visiting grand mentor and injured mentor (social)

Thanking the deaconess for saving mentor (social)

Ikea trip with Rosa (social)

Teaching Narim art lessons in exchange for correspondence lessons (Don't know if this needs a scene or not)

Join the player character cabal

Test all the rote ideas that keep popping into Serge's head.

Other things that I just realized I want to do:

Make a gift for the Deaconness as part of the thanks. Will likely be a drawing except with more time devoted towards it. (I'm ok with this being a scene or in the background)

Keep Cadence company during the coming months (Can be background or a scene)

In a drug-fueled haze of passion and sleepless creativity, Serge will decorate his room with random assortments of large scale drawings drawn on both paper and on entire walls of the room itself. (This allows Serge's room to be unique and connected with him. Allows him to use the entire room as a focus for his magic and makes it a good place to meditate and enter his demesne [in terms of flavor]. I'm also wondering if this could make his room into his personal sanctum. Sadly I don't have the book on me right now so I don't remember the details of the sanctum background.)

Looks good. What if we make a thread for some of these scenes a thread 30 where some of what should be roleplayed ot are done, it might not be as in order as the other threads but more doing one of the scenes, then moving on to the next. Nicole says we should have each scene in induvidual threads and since we are doing induvidual scenes instead of just following the day along I am not completely oposed to this but I still think gathering these scenes in one thread make it easier to archive and it can be marked so when replying I might write it like this.

I like the look of that. Less threads means less clutter and is probably easier on you.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:44 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added stuff)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Ordering it like that in thread 30 sounds good. That one might get more than thirty pages long quickly, but eh... Razz

Also, added a few more points to list, after reminders.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 am

Anja's Post:

Actually, I didn't say this - merely that all the 'Downtime' scenes to be in a separate thread from both the current [#29] and the start of the next full day [#31?].

However, looking at the list, there's a very good chance there's gonna be a lot of scenes running in tandem. In this case, it *may* be an idea to sub-divide IC #30 into two - '#30a' being the scenes requiring ST input, and '#30b' being the ones which don't.

'More clutter'? Perhaps. But what's the point if you end up with a single thread which has so many different scenes running in it it's the literary equivalent of an 'evil ball of various tangled wires'?

Now, for Nicole's list... [Living List!]

Wants/Needs
- Be assigned to a cabal.
- Find out details of duty[ies] for Chantry.
- Get a job.
- Get rest of her gear from Detroit.
- Find out if there's *suitable* work-space for her at Chantry. If not, get her own.
- Start exploring Boston.
- Find a tutor for left-handed combat.
- Develop a way to see invisible Cryptids [aka Spirit 1]
- Start looking into getting a job with MBTA.
- Make contact with 'fellow-minded' Sleepers.
- Get back into training.
- Rearm. Particularly interested in thrown explosives and automatic rifles.

Plans
- Attend out-of-state gun show with Fran and perhaps others to stock up armoury.
- Perform work on Frans', Morgans' and Chantry cars.
- Collect the 'gift' from the spider, check it top/bottom for tracers etc.
- Start training in return in assisting Ethership maintenance/repairs.
- Get a set of clothes from Fran.

Of what I can see of others so far, Nicole might be able to sort out Colin's gun and Serge's driving lessons. Not too much of a leap of imagination that the other PC's might go to her first if it's anything which seems within 'her remit' [weapons most obvious, closely followed by anything manual].

From my experience, sometimes a pretty humdrum scene can present much better RP opportunities. A random car ride, mundane job etc. One of the best pbp threads I ever did had a boring shopping list as the premise, another started out with a broken fuse-box. Then you've got the other more obvious; similar hobbies, interests and the like.

One thing I'll ask: isn't it a bit difficult for an Estatic to learn a Sphere from an Adept? Talk about clash of the Paradigms...

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:11 am

Of what I can see of others so far, Nicole might be able to sort out Colin's gun and Serge's driving lessons. Not too much of a leap of imagination that the other PC's might go to her first if it's anything which seems within 'her remit' [weapons most obvious, closely followed by anything manual].

If Nicole needs any help with car repairs and stuff like that, Serge would be happy to help. Of course he'd be magickally borrowing Nicole's knowledge on mechanical repairs so it'd be more like two Nicole's working on the same project. That could make for a fun scene if Nicole's willing to share some knowledge  Razz .

Like Nicole said, Serge is available to help anyone who might need his skills. I was wondering if Colin would like some help with that silver mask. Perhaps with initial sketches?
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Actually, I didn't say this - merely that all the 'Downtime' scenes to be in a separate thread from both the current [#29] and the start of the next full day [#31?].

I misunderstood you then sorry.

However, looking at the list, there's a very good chance there's gonna be a lot of scenes running in tandem. In this case, it *may* be an idea to sub-divide IC #30 into two - '#30a' being the scenes requiring ST input, and '#30b' being the ones which don't.

That is not a bad idea but are there allot of scenes other than the Cabal meeting that will not be needing GM input at all?

'More clutter'? Perhaps. But what's the point if you end up with a single thread which has so many different scenes running in it it's the literary equivalent of an 'evil ball of various tangled wires'?

It will be a thread with less consistent scenes than the other threads as we are playing out scenes that need doing through the two months other than going with what happens day to day, but I do think that just makring the scenes should be enough to keep track of them.

One thing I'll ask: isn't it a bit difficult for an Estatic to learn a Sphere from an Adept? Talk about clash of the Paradigms...

Normally yes it depend on the Cultist and Adept's induvidual Paradigms and how good they are at understanding the other, Narim explaining the world like a computer game is something Serge can understand, being Serge and all.

We might end up with a thread 31 as well for this is allot of scenes but as long as everyone is having fun it is all good.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:11 pm

It all depends on what scenes are running. A Nicole-Serge 'car repair' wouldn't require your input [well, I don't think], nor would another where several PC's headed down to the range to sharpen up their firearms skills.

It also allows us space to do a few little scenes on the quick; say a 10-reply scene where Colin asks Nick to look at his gun, or a 15-reply scene where Serge helps out [or tries to] Colin with the mask.

Again, just off the top of my head.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Colin's probably not going to hand Nicole his old service pistol; he's got a regular gunsmith he uses, connected to the firing range he goes to.

If it's now (after a good quarter century of regular use) is deemed irrepairable, on the other hand, he might inquire about a replacement. Razz

(Edit: Anja, if you think that's going to be a good move, feel free to declare Colin's old handgun retired. Razz )
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:25 pm

What's he packing? RAF issue was mainly Browning Hi-Powers.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Yup; Mark III, completely standard issue, no custom parts.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:32 pm

It's still in production, so a 'strip down, replace worn parts [hammer, barrel, perhaps clip spring] and oil' should do the job [which I think Nick's more than capable of]. Well, unless the thing's a melted blob etc...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Well the handgun can be repaired probably but there would need to be allot of work done on it and it might never be as good as it once was so it might be time to hang it up on the wall as a momento and get a new one.

What stops you from doing little scenes like that in the regular thread Nicole, this thread we are planning would be to run through the varous sceens that need be had in the down time but which is generally spread out so much in time it is not practical to get to them by playing day by day.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Thought - Colin uses the 'I need the Browning repaired' as an excuse to go and talk to Nicole - to learn what combat experience she has and the like. After all, he may be directly relying on her 'skills' to save his life soon enough. [Though I'd argue that if it's normal wear/tear, it *could* be reconditioned to 'as-new' level if the right parts are found].

Oh, I try to do little scenes like that in 'normal' threads - I've think I've shot PMs to all players [except Tane; not that I'm avoiding him, simply they've never been in the same place-time yet] with a 'fancy a little scene' question...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Touché - if Nicole has put up a notice in the common room, Colin's likely to make a note of it and ask her. But unless he has a clear reason to inquire about gunsmithing services, well...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Spots Nicole coming back from a gun fair with a 'box o' parts'. Spots her in a corridor lugging half a rifle. Goes to see her for Random Item X and notices her footlocker open and with a load of weapons etc poking out of it. Finds a sheet on power/shot ratios [for handloading ammo] she'd left in the common room [is there one? Is it just the cabals' or everyones?]. Adley asks Colin to try to get some more info out of her 'cos she doesn't seem to respond that well to him personally...

There's a dozen ways to handwave 'how he learned of it'. And for something like this, not really important [as this bit of information isn't secret or anything].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Fair point.

Also, added one more thing I'd forgotten. Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Which is why I'm going to make a quick little 'what is known about Nicole' post; things like 'goes jogging in morning, plays sports'. Not only does it give a bit of personality, but also indirectly says 'has good physicals + athletics. Might help if Serge wants to improve that' [only picking this 'cos he mentioned his noodle arms IC].

After all, it's going to be two months. Lots of time to learn about habits of each other...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:03 pm

We could do a scene where Fran and Nicole go to a gun show then so Colin can see them return with parts and ask Nicole to repair his old gun.

Oh, I try to do little scenes like that in 'normal' threads - I've think I've shot PMs to all players [except Tane; not that I'm avoiding him, simply they've never been in the same place-time yet] with a 'fancy a little scene' question...

Tane's player post more rarely than the rest so at time setting up scenes with him are dificult.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:04 pm

If you feel a gun show thread is needed, fine. Otherwise, that can simply be done in the background and 'Colin seeing Nicole lugging a box of parts' be handwaved. Plus, as I said before there's several different ways setting up the latter thread could be done, and the reason[s] aren't that important.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next