Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Beatrice put the towel containing Adley's book on her living room table before she went out to her bathroom to take care of her hands, her knees felt like buckling under her, she really had over extended herself, but she knew she needed to deal with the symbols cut into her palms first, her left hand was fine, as soon as she had gotten a bit of rest she could take care of that with her magick, but after her mishap earlier her right hand could not be healed by magick, and while the cuts where not deep, she had to be careful to avoid infections. Beatrice turn on her sink and begin to wash her hands with soap and water, wincing as the soap stung the cuts, suddenly there was a knock on her door though and Beatrice jumped before she again grabbed the bloody towel to make sure she did not bleed anywhere and then went to open the door, a bit nervous about who it could be.

Colin you arrive at the door to Beatrice's apartment, after knocking it takes a bit of time before the young Verbena answer, she did look quite a mess as she opened the door. Beatrice looked tired enough to drop, and her hands where bleeding, usually you know that Beatrice heal the small wounds she inflict on herself during her rituals, but she apparently had not done so this time and she was trying to stop the bleeding with a towel.
"Oh...Colin...come in"
Beatrice muttered and moved so that the Orphan could enter her apartment. Beatrice smiles slightly she was unsteady at her feet.
"Sorry about the mess, what can I do for you."
The young Verbena said then she looked down at her hands.
"Oh...I probably should finish cleaning this up, do make yourself at home."
Beatrice said as she headed for her bathroom again, swaying slightly as she walked, she really was dead tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Colin glanced at Beatrice's hands, and swallowed an expletive.
"Ah, I noticed you weren't in the common room with everyone else, I thought I'd drop by with some sandwiches and tea; it seems I ordered a bit more than necessary for my late lunch. Let me help you bandage those hands, and get some fluid into you, shall we? You look rather drained."

((OOC: Board game day - back later tonight; Colin will be spending the rest of the afternoon replenishing Beatrice's reserves, I think.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:18 pm

"I did not feel like going to the common room."
Beatrice said she glanced down at her hands.
"Do not worry about it, the cuts are not deep, I just messed up healing one of them."
The young Verbena said in a tone of voice that said that she felt extremely embarrassed over that failure, she was a Verbena damned it, a simple healing really should be...well simple, she had been able to heal small wounds like that since she was twelve years old.
"I have been putting up wards and I might have overdone it a bit."
The young blood witch said, in fact she had been overdoing it allot, the ward she had used where right at the edge of her ability and understanding and took all she had to pull of, and she had lost count of how many times she had done it, she had needed to feel her magick to remind herself that her Avatar was safe, remind herself that she was still a mage.
"Oh thank you but I..."
Beatrice was about to refuse the offer of food, she really did not feel like eating but then she remembered her promise to Adley, that she would get some food and some rest.
"O...ok thank you Colin, there are plates and cups in the cabinets in the kitchen."
The Verbena said then she looked down at her hands again.
"And I can take care of this, believe it or not it is not the first time the blood witch have taken care of a cut."
Beatrice said, but she was not going to protest if the other mage insisted, she was to tired to protest.

((OOC: Have a good time at your gaming day.))
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello Ms Beatrice. This is Tane Karyak, Jeffry told me you were part of a cabal that was tasked to hunt down a couple of Nephandi. I'm going to help you with that, but he also told me you had serious problems with some things that he didn't specify. I don't want to be rude, but i was ondering if you wouldn't happen to need help. If he helped her out maybe he could start the hunt sooner.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Adley looks back at his phone as the text message notification sounds. He reads Colin's note and then types back quickly: Terror. O.use due to fear. Gave something to put mind to re: work I spoke of. Needs rest food company. Enlist assistance from others as needed. B back ~11. Call if emergency.<End Text>

After being admitted to his mentor's office, he nodded to him. "Yes, that's correct sir. Is there a copy for our records as well or should we make a copy?" he asked as he retrieved the container for the tass. As he spoke of creating a pocket realm for him he couldn't help but find that incredibly useful. "That would come in very handy, thank you," he agreed. There was so much more to learn - everything seemed necessary when you found yourself without it at your disposal. On the other hand, it bred a certain amount of creativity in the moment when you were faced with your limitations. He took the materials and carefully placed them in his jacket. "One thing before I leave, pater. The errand you set to Beatrice...she has in fact been creating some type of ward, not the same as the ones that you create each month yet much more potent and ritualistic than those I think you meant for her to make. In fact, I found I could recognize some of her hand gestures."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:25 pm

(OOC: This phone conversation happen a few hours before the scene between Beatrice and Colin in her quarters.)

Tane:
"Hello Mr Karyak."
Beatrice said, puzzled at the stranger calling her, when he spoke about hunting down the Nephandi though she suspected the man had something to do with the Chantry and what had happened at the Node last night.
"Did Mr Morgan send you? If so what are his Tradition and faction, and what is yours?"
The young Verbena asked, she knew that if this man had spoken with Jeffry Morgan then he would know the Security Chief's Tradition and House, so might an enemy but it was at least one layer of security.
"Please forgive me my rudeness Mr Karyak, but I do not know your voice nor name, I have to make sure that you are one I should be talking with."
Beatrice said apologetically, she did not want to insult the man, then he asked her about her own problem and her voice got hesitant, frightened.
"Oh and thank you for the offer Mr Karyak...but I fear that unless you are one hell of a player at Tradition politics there is little you can do for me."
The young Verbena said, her voice shaking a bit.

Adley:

Jeffry nodded when his apprentice asked if copies had been made of the information they where giving Lux Itineris.
"Yes there are copies taken of everything."
The said and smiles.
"I would not send, even an ally our only copy of such information."
The old mage said in a tone of voice that said that he did not trust the Hermetic Chantry and neither should his apprentice.
"Hum...yes when it comes to the pocket realm you will need to select a durable item that you can carry with you without suspicion or concern as the pocket realm will need an anchor. I can not start of making the realm before our Node issue is resolved though as such a working will require vis, but I can start to prepare the anchor."
The old mage said, he had always been generous towards his apprentices, but only as long as they showed ingenuity and potential themselves, he did not want to cripple Adley by making the younger mage reliant on his mentor's aid.
"Well we can discuss such practical matters when you are not about to go to your place of employment."
Jeffry said then he listened to what Adley said about Beatrice and he got a concerned look in his dark eyes.
"Hum...ritualistic...and you recognize some of her hand gestures...the rumors is true then, Amadeus is of Diedne descent...that is troubling, Verbena have long lives and longer memories, and the good Amadeus Nassa will have ample reason to dislike the both of us, if he is indeed Diedne or associated with them, be very careful around him Adley, I do not think he would outright attack you, but that Verbena can play the game of politics well, and especially if something where to happen to his apprentice due to the actions of Vittoria D'Angelo...a Hermetic, he might not be to discerning about who, receives the blunt of his anger."
Jeffry warned with a concerned tone of voice though his face remained as hard and emotionless as usual.
"We need to find out if this is true, if for nothing else than to know who we are dealing with."
The old Hermetic said as he folded his hands on his desk.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:53 pm

Um... he's a Hermetic of House Flambeau, and i'm a Dreamspeaker, of the Kopa Loei, but i don't think you know us. Said Tane a little confused about the care she was putting. Were these Nephandis so bold as to play a trick like that?
It's ok, i have just today started working with Steelhaven. Maybe you can tell me what is your problem and we can try to solve it? I'd like to have all the members of the cabal at their full for a mission like this, so dangerous and such
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:01 pm

(OOC: This phone conversation happen a few hours before the scene between Beatrice and Colin in her quarters.)

Beatrice nodded so this Mr Karyak knew the Security Chief's Tradition and House, and he knew her Cabal was hunting for a Nephandus, it was unlikely an enemy would know all those things.
"So you are new at the Chantry, welcome Mr Karyak bani Dreamspeakers, you are correct I have never heard about the...Kopa Loei."
The young mage said then she sigh what should she tell this Dreamspeaker, it is not like she could say, oh an ancient Hermetic want to twist the law so she can have a piece of my soul thorn out of my still living body, how is that for a problem. Beatrice shivered that the thought then drew a deep breath.
"It is legal trouble Mr Karyak, legal trouble by the laws of our society."
Beatrice said, she hoped the Dreamspeaker would not ask any further than that, if he did and pressed the topic she would either have to lie, or just refuse to answer or admit that she was a widderslainte, not that the whole Chantry would not know soon enough, but a stranger might try to attack her and beside it was not a comfortable topic to discuss.
"I assure you I will be able to do what is required of me as part of this Cabal."
The young Verbena said, she was less sure than she tried to sound though, she did not feel all that sure that she would be able to function through her panic, but she had to try, she would not hold her Cabal back.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Colin nodded as Beatrice went back to tending her cuts, and fetched a pair of cups and plates, as well as a larger platter on which he carefully distributed the sandwiches, before bringing them back to the living room, carefully maneuvering assorted items out of the way and tidying up a little. Quickly reading Adley's message, he sat down and pondered, waiting for Beatrice to return.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:03 pm

Well, i can't help you, i think. I barelly speak english properly, so i don't feel i could help. But if you need anything i can actually do, i'd be honoured. He could not help, not knowing anything about the "society" they lived in.
But they have told me the Riverside CHantry is completelly apolitical. Maybe you could ask them if not for help, council about how to deal with them.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:41 pm

Beatrice washed her cuts taking extra care with the ones she would not be able to heal, as soon as she was a bit more rested she would take care of what she could magically, but she did not want infections in the cuts where her life patterns had become...set in a way, it was odd life patters and healing was almost like pouring a curing agent into resin, unless you get it right the first time, you had to actually re inflict wounds to try again...it was odd how that worked, or perhaps Beatrice only believe it to be the case, and her belief made it real, it was hard to tell. Once the young Verbena had properly cleaned the cuts she wrapped some gauze around her hands and returned to the living room and more or less collapsed into a chair.
"I am so sorry for worrying you Colin."
Beatrice said, damned sitting down felt good right about now, she had used all she had for those wards, she was mentally drained from fear, stress and the complicated rituals, and generally exhausted from the work involved in the wards she had made, well at least she had made some good wards.
"You must think me a silly girl who would exert herself until she is ready to drop on creating wards for an already warded building, yes Chief Morgan might think I would not notice his rote, but I know how to watch the weaving as well."
Beatrice muttered, yes she had been silly but she had the need to remind herself that her magick was there, that her Avatar was fine. Tired the young Verbena closed her eyes.
"I fear I have become a burden on you all, and that was never my intention...forgive me."

Beatrice gave a slight smile, the stranger really did sound like he wanted to help.
"Your English seam fine Mr Karyak though I think that legal debates with these guys generally happen in Latin anyway."
The young Verbena said then she wondered a bit as she heard the other mage recommend she seek Chantry Riverside's help, did the Dreamspeaker not have any experience with Mage society.
"I do not think Riverside can help either I am afraid...the law is the law for all of us...but you mentioned something about the Nephandi...that you could help us with the search for them?"
Beatrice said eager to get the conversation away from her own legal issues, she wanted to get back to her wards as well, there where so many windows to do, but it was not like she could be impolite and not talk with the pleasant young shaman.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:07 am

Colin smiled warmly.
"Silly for exerting yourself redoing someone else's work? My dear, you forget I served in the military - basic training is rife with tasks such as digging a trench, then moving it, and then moving it back to its original position. I'm guessing Chief Morgan gave you that task to keep you using safe magic, because he knew you would be prone to using a lot of it whether or not given a specific reason to."
He poured two cups of tea carefully, and indicated the sandwich tray.
"Now, as it happens, some forms of magic, such as Sangromancy, if you'll pardon the term, does happen to leave the user a bit more physically at risk than other forms, due to cumulative damage. I suspect Chief Morgan simply didn't consider that aspect, since he's not all that familiar with the methods, but I am... well, I did experiment a little back when I started figuring out things on my own. I did have some results with it, but I found that using, ah, external components instead was more cost effective. I might use it for a sympathetic component, of course, but not much else."
He smiled warmly, gently patting Beatrice's shoulder.
"As for being a burden... Not at all. While I can't speak for the rest, I've personally grown rather fond of you, like the niece I never had. Now, drink your tea before it gets cold, and have a bite to eat while the sandwiches are still fresh. Please?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 am

when it comes to the pocket realm you will need to select a durable item that you can carry with you without suspicion or concern as the pocket realm will need an anchor. I can not start of making the realm before our Node issue is resolved though as such a working will require vis, but I can start to prepare the anchor."

He nodded at that. "I would prefer it to be something I can carry in my jacket," he said. Thank you, pater."

Jeffry warned with a concerned tone of voice though his face remained as hard and emotionless as usual."We need to find out if this is true, if for nothing else than to know who we are dealing with."

He frowned as he listened to what his mentor had to say, shoring up his own suspicions. "Yes. The motions she made were reminiscent of those for creo and vis, which given the fact she was making a ward make sense in context. I recalled having seen these signs in paintings of the Schism War. I believe she has been taught Diedne style workings, likely from her mentor. It seems the more that I find the more there is. As you said, never a dull moment. Especially not the last few days." He looked as if he was about to say more when he spotted the time with a wince. "I should go, or I'll be caught in evening commute eternally Forgive me, pater."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:10 am

Well, latin goes out of my league. Way out of my league. He said with a smirk.
Yeah, i'm following the guy and i actually came to Boston following one of his collaborators, a Fomorian. But i'd like to talk about this once we're all together. COuld we arrange a meeting with the cabal?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:03 am

Colin: Beatrice looked at Colin and smiles, the Orphan might not have had the benefit of official schooling in magick, but he was still quite wise.
"Yes I suspect that is the reason why Master Morgan sent me to do those wards was to keep me from getting paradox, I...wanted to use my magick while I have it."
Beatrice said, she hesitated by the tea and sandwiches, she was hungry but at the same time the thoughts in her head made her quite nauseous, still she had promised Adley, then young mage hesitated again then she took a sandwich and took a bite out of it before sipping her tea, it tasted good bu Bee found herself to be to upset to enjoy it, to distract herself she focused on Colin's comments on blood magick.
"Yes it can take a toll, but while my cuts might have seen dramatic, there have not been allot of blood loss, but for a major working it can be a factor yes."
The young mage said then she smiles.
"Sometimes I admire the Spellweavers, one of the factions of my Tradition, Verbena have them as well but they are not quite as organized as Hermetic Houses, now anyway the Spellweavers use meditation and focus, sometimes ritual tools, to direct Quintessence, beautifully weaving spells, their magick is quite fascinating. But for me I have found blood to be a needed component."
Beatrice said as she took another bite out of her sandwich.
"Also remember that a Verbena know how to fuel magick with her blood. Once in medieval Europe the Order of Hermes rules supreme and that scowed the land looking for apprentices, leaving behind only those with weak Avatars, the Old Faith as we where called then found a way to use the Quintessence in our own blood to play support to our Avatars so that even a mage of little potential could perform a powerful rote with ease...but even before then blood magick have been with us but is it at time costly, yes it is."
The young mage said then she gave a warm smile when Colin said he was fond of her, like a niece he never had, she reached out with one bandaged hand and put it gently on the other mage's arm for a while and muttered.
"Thank you Colin."
The blood witch said before she continued to eat and sip her tea for a while, the food did her good, even if her worry kept her from enjoying it, suddenly she remembered something though and sat up straighter.
"Oh damned, the Dreamspeaker, I had completely forgotten about him."
Beatrice glanced at Colin.
"While I was working on the wards, going window to window I got a phone call from this Dreamspeaker I had never met, he wanted to discuss hunting down the Nephandi with us...and he asked questions...about what trouble I was in. I did not know what to say so I asked him to meet me here, around...nowish. Colin I think Chief Morgan sent him to work with us, but I am worried, it sounded like he was a Nephandi hunter, if he works with us he will now doubt find out what I am, and he might decide that bagging himself a widderslainte is the next best thing."
The young Verbena said in a frightened tone of voice, yes the Dreamspeaker had sounded friendly enough, but how would he react to finding out what Beatrice was? Also in her terrified, exhausted state the young blood witch was in no condition to defend herself.
"I am sorry, I know you do not like social interactions with strangers Colin, perhaps you should leave before he get here?"
Beatrice said in a concerned tone of voice, she did not want to burden her friend even more than she already had.
"Again I am sorry, I did not know I would get this exhausted when I spoke with him."
The young Verbena said, she looked afraid and worried about what to say to the Dreamspeaker.

Adley: Chief Morgan nods as his apprentice said he wanted the anchor to be something he could carry in his coat pocket.
"Very good, I will prepare something."
The old mage said then he listened to the rest of what Adley said before he gave a concerned nod.
"Yes, well the survivors of the war scattered, some formed their own group, now a Craft that we know little about, and some assimilated back into the groups of hedge witches and herb doctors that we now know as the Verbena. Now the Verbena honor the old Diedne lineages, but it still worry me, perhaps our House where to rash in helping the Tremere to destroy that House, but there where reasons why they where attacked as well, some of their practices where brutal and against the Code, in either case over the centuries since the Schism War, alterations between our House and the descendants of the Diedne have happened from time to time, and if Amadeus is of that lineage, well that just makes him a very dangerous man."
Jeffry said then he added.
"See what you can find out about him my son, but stay alert and stay careful."
The old war mage then gave one of the rare, fond smiles he generally reserved for Adley and his lineage sister.
"Oh no need to apologize, I have more than enough things to do myself, including eating my dinner before it gets cold."
Jeffry said as she picked up his pasta dish again.
"Though you could argue that if a could not reheat a plate of pasta carbonara then I would not be much of a Flambeau, go mea filius, this old man have kept you long enough, and as always stay safe."
The old mage said before he nodded to his initiated apprentice before continuing to read in one of the large volumes before him and resuming his dinner, leaving the young mage to see himself out of his office.

Tane: Beatrice listened to what the other mage was saying, she wondered who this Dreamspeaker was, if he was a Nephandi hunter like it sounded that he was he might be a danger to her as well, and yet he might be invaluable help to her Cabal, she needed time to know how to handle him.
"Well thank you for your concern in either case Mr Karyak."
The young Verbena said politely when the Dreamspeaker said Latin was out of his league, perhaps he would now stop asking questions into her situation, the man might mean well but his line of questioning was beginning to worry her.
"Ah yes, if you give me a few hours and then meet me at my apartment, if you are at Steelhaven it is apartment 2-6 on the second floor, I do not know what my Cabal members are doing tonight, but I can call them once you get there."
Beatrice said, that time should allow her to finish the wards she was working on she hoped, and let her come up with a plan for what to say to the Dreamspeaker.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:44 am

"Perhaps something I can sew into the lining, it would be much easier to carry around my armaments and other tools. No doubt safer." When he was asked to find out what he could about Amadeus he simply nodded; he already counted him as a dangerous man, or at least potentially. However they were under the same Chantry rules which he seemed to abide for the time being, at least while it protected him and Beatrice. "I will take care."

"Oh no need to apologize, I have more than enough things to do myself, including eating my dinner before it gets cold." Jeffry said as she picked up his pasta dish again."Though you could argue that if a could not reheat a plate of pasta carbonara then I would not be much of a Flambeau, go mea filius, this old man have kept you long enough, and as always stay safe."

He laughed at that, shaking his head but still amused. "Enjoy your meal and your evening, pater." He turned and left, shutting the door behind him. As he made his way down the hall, the smile faded from his face as the sudden sense of what he had to do crept back into his focus. He headed through the chantry and towards the parking garage, for his car, and from there back to Lux Iternis, the place where he'd been just that morning.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:05 am

Traffic is not bad though it is beginning to pick up as Adley made his way back to the university, at least the halls of the university itself was less crowded, though there where always people around. Adley made it down into the correct hallway by the almost unused archive room, but there he find he is not alone, a man already stand before the mural of the ancient castle, whispering the words of an incantation to summon it's spirit guardian. The man was of average height and rather handsome, he looked to be in his mid 40s, which light blond hair with a hint of gray, his hair kept short and tidy, he had a shorty tidy beard and his eyes where very light brown. The man was dressed in a suit, and dark brown coat and keeping his tie in place was a set of golden scales as a pin, the symbol of a Quaesitor, in fact to have legal authority as a judge a Hermetic Enforcer had to wear his or her scales of justice clearly visible.

Soon the presence of Uragi can be felt, the old, earthy smell the feeling of standing on stone long since forgotten and overgrown with moss, the Quaesitor calmly stated his name to the Umbrood.
"Oedipus Paulus Mederis Hermes bani Guernicus filius Sarelia Aritsa, I am here on invitation by Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo."
The man said in a slightly irritated voice then he turned to look at Adley his eyes narrowing slightly but then he gave a polite nod of his head.
"I will assume young man that since you are in this corridor and do not seam particularly surprised at what I am doing you to are either a guest at this Chantry or a resident, since I feel you are a mage and feel nothing of the restricting, foul aura hand hang around the ever static Technocrats."
The man spoke the accept that Jeffry Morgan spoke, but thicker, as f he had lived where Jeffry had come from his entire life.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:42 am

Adley nodded towards the other Hermetic, taking note of his name and his accent. A judge, possibly from Horizon. And here by invitation by Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo. Things were moving quickly.

He nodded back towards the man, stepping closer so as to be out of the open. "I am here on business." He waited to see if the man was going to pass through the gate or wait for him to announce himself to the Guardian as well. It would be rude to not give his name, however. Still, his mentor's words made him cautious and succinct (or at least as much as one could be given they were an unknown mage of the Order). If he did not trust them, worse could be a guest coming to visit on behalf of the judge. "I am Adley Roth Hicks, Initiate Exemptus, bani Flambeau, filius Magus Jeffry Amaris Morgan of Steelhaven Chantry."

When Uragi neared and he was required to give the signs to pass and the words, he restated his name and added his purpose. "I am here to conclude my business with the Deacon Alphonse Leopold Dupré Hermes bani Flambeau."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:58 am

The judge nodded when Adley said that he was there on business and asked nothing more about that.
"Ah...yes Jeffry Morgan, I have met him in passing."
The Quaesitor said before he repeated the name he had given to Uragi but added his other titles in response to the young war mage's very formal address.
"I am Quaesitor Oedipus Paulus Mederis Hermes bani Guernicus filius Sarelia Aritsa of Horizon Chantry Master of the Art, Lieutenant of the Security Council."
Oedipus said and gave a small nod in greeting, when the guardian spirit was done weaving the portal into the Chantry though he said.
"If you will excuse me Mr Roth Hicks, I have just gone through the Umbra from Horizon to meet with an...acquaintance, and I am eager to see why she have summoned me so urgently."
The old mage hid it well but there was a hint of annoyance in his voice, he had not enjoyed being called to Earth.
"Good day Mr Roth Hicks."
The judge said as he walked through the portal and into the Chantry.

Uragi seamed pleased to see Adley, well as pleased as a giant spider could seam, it lowered itself in a non threatening way on its eight legs and regarded Adley as he passed through the portal.
"He who have it with him are welcome."
The Umbrood said and moved back into the darkness it called home, only the feeling of earth and old stones betraying it's presence.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Colin chewed thoughtfully on a piece of roast beef.
"A Dreamspeaker? Not familiar with those, actually... Hm..."
He rose slowly, and headed to the kitchen, retrieving another cup and plate, bringing them back to the living room and tidying another seat.
"Now, one stranger at a time, I can handle. It's when I'm outnumbered I end up with, well, personal difficulties. It sounds like it will be a most businesslike meeting, in any case, which is, well, my favored sort of circumstance for meeting new people. Now breathe calmly for a bit and don't worry so much about what ifs. No plan survives the first encounter with the enemy - that goes for us, and that goes for them. Keep your head clear, and remind yourself when necessary that you've done nothing wrong, and you should be... well, less stressed, at least."
Colin took another bite of his sandwich.
"So, while we are waiting, perhaps you could tell me what a Dreamspeaker is?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Beatrice looked at Colin, he was right off course, she was just stressed, the young Verbena decided to take her friend's advice so she took a deep breath and sigh, actually she did feel calmer but whatever it was breathing deeply or Colin's calm, practical way of handling thing that made her feel better she did not know.
"I guess you are right Colin."
Beatrice said, she had not done anything wrong, she should not expect everyone to react to her in a hostile way, she really did need to calm down, she was the apprentice of Amadeus Nassa, she had to get a hold of herself and start acting like it. Beatrice took another sip of the tea then she nodded to Colin's suggestion she tell him about the Dreamspeakers.
"Way back in the mid 1400's the Order of Reason, the predecessors to the Technocracy was formed and begun to hunt mages down mercilessly, this you probably already know, now none of the Traditions could stand against a union of seven organizations alone, so the Verbena and the Order of Hermes settled their differences and begun to look for other willworkers, a magickal call was sent out that all Awakened could hear and they gathered at what have become known as the First Tribunal."
Beatrice begun to set it all into a historical context.
"Traditions from all across the world came, and eight of these joined forces, but there where also those who could walk in dreams. Shamans from so many cultures arrived, but they where not one group like most of the Traditions, no, each had their own belief and Paradigms and cultures, the only two things that linked them where their affinity for spirit magick, and their ability to walk the dream world as they slept. These shamans never wanted to be lumped into one Tradition, for they really was not one, but none the less the early Council wanted everything neat and orderly and so they lumped all shamans that joined the fledgling Council into one group and named them the Dreamspeakers."
Beatrice sipped her tea again, the hot liquid made her feel calmer, or perhaps it was the conversation that did.
"Even today the Dreamspeakers do not consider themselves to be a Tradition, they are medicine men, shamans, tribal wise women, all with their own backgrounds and ideas of the world, in fact they refer to our organization as the Council of Eight and she the Dreamspeakers are just a collaboration of loosely allied individuals."
The young Verbena said and she smiles.
"As such they are perhaps the Tradition most friendly towards Orphans, as they consider themselves to be the same. The Dreamspeakers are masters of spirit magick and their Primus, Laughing Eagle, sit on the Seat of Spirit, and he is a kind man, he have kind eyes."
Beatrice muttered and looked down, it was one of the few times she had anything positive to say about their time at Horizon.
"A...anyway, the Dreamspeakers are my Tradition's closest allies, since both are natural groups, and we often have celebrations together and practice some of the same rituals. The most mysterious about them though is their ability to enter the dream world, and walk the dreams of others."
The young Verbena said then she concluded.
"So in short a Dreamspeaker is a shaman, everything else is individual."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Colin listened intently, sipping his tea.
"So, essentially, they are a motley crew of unrivaled masters of spirits and powerful lucid telepathic dreamers. I can understand that... vector of approach. Personally, of course, I have no familiarity with that subject matter outside of basic human empathy, but I don't need to understand how it works to realize it is there. I think I have the absolute basics, then."
Colin finished his sandwich, chewing thoughtfully.
"Oh, that's right, have you spoken with Adley yet? He had a ritual he wanted to teach us - I'm not entirely sure what it does, but he seemed rather insistent it would be a beneficial technique for us all. The Lesser Banishing, I believe?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Beatrice grinned, she realized it was one of the few real smiles she had made since this morning.
"I doubt the Dreamspeakers would like to be referred to as a motley crew but yes you have the basics."
The young Verbena said then she took the book Adley had loaned her and unwrapped it from the towel and opened it on the page the Hermetic had marked with a piece of paper.
"Yes I did speak with Adley yes and he gave me this book, this apparently is the ritual he thought would be beneficial, to both of us."
The blood witch said and she placed the book so that both her and Colin could read in it.
"Ohh...I like the start of it, this is the kind of energy manipulation the Spellweavers do."
Beatrice said excitedly, her troubles forgotten for a second as she leaned more over the book to read more of what it said.
"But all of this...Hebrew? it is Hebrew is it not? Chanting, that I really do not see the point of."
Beatrice muttered as she studied the ritual for a moment.
"To me it seams like it basically connect you to the Quintessence flow and then place protective sigils at each corner and call the elements...interesting."
The young Verbena looked away from the book for a moment to find a notebook and pen from the pile of books on her table and begin to make some notes, it seams that for her such studies are fun."
Beatrice said then she gave Colin an apologetic smile and pushed the book over to him.
"Sorry, I seam to be hogging the book."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Colin carefully read the description of the ritual, looking at the incomprehensible lettering.
"Hmmm, I'm not sure this is Hebrew... Someone mentioned Hermetics use Enochian a lot - this could be it. But honestly, Hebrew or Enochian, it's all Greek to me."
Colin frowned.
"It does seem to have an effect similar to one of the first complex workings I worked out... I call it Clearing the Ways, though I used an octagram and physical components and representations rather than drawn symbols. Eight corners; the four elements, and something to represent Mind, Heart, Soul and Body."
He scratched his chin slowly. "I think it might be beneficial to hear Adley's explanation of this - and the translation of the recitations - before coming to any absolute conclusions."

((OOC: RPG day again - I seem to have a few of those nowadays. Wink I'll try to cast a glance via mobile, though, even if posting might prove a bit... impractical during a different game.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Beatrice shook her head.
"No, I doubt it is Enochian, the Hermetics keep that language pretty close to their chests, I do not think Adley would present us with something using it, also while I do not know much about that language, I do know it is all but useless unless you know how to speak it, with Enochian it is not enough to know the words."
The young Verbena stood and immediately regretted it as she felt whoosy, and had to grab her chair which resulted in her muttering.
"Ouch..."
As her bandage hands his the chair, then she walked to one of her book shelves and started rummaging through it.
"I do not speak Hebrew, but I do have a dictionary of it somewhere...ah yes here we are."
The little blood witch said before he grabbed a rather large book and brought it back to the table.
"Well since the words are in English lettering this should be easier than if they where in Hebrew letters...if it is even Hebrew."
Beatrice said and started to flip through the dictionary.
"Ah yes, it is, the first few words here are the last parts of the Lord's prayer, what good it would do, I have no idea but, Ateh means thou art, Malkuth means kingdom, Ve Gevurah means and power, Ve Gedulah means and glory, and then it is finished with Le Olahm which is then forever and then Amen which just means let it be so."
The young Verbena said as she looked at the Hebrew dictionary.
"What I do not get is the point, this first part here, the Qabbalistic Cross, it is energy manipulation, you open yourself to Quintessence and bring it through your entire system and then send it to earth and into eternity out each arm, fine, that is cleansing, I get that, but why the end of the Lord's Prayer. Now granted allot of folklore have the Lord's Prayer being extremely protective, and since so many think it is protective, so it is, however other than that symbolism...just just can not fit the chanting into how I view magick."
Beatrice said as she tapped Adley's book with one finger.
"I will try to translate the other parts of the ritual as well, but I suspect they are all Jewish prayers, since I also see the name of the Archangels here...I do like the way the energy will flow with this though."
The Verbena said then she smiles to Colin.
"The ritual you speak of sound interesting, I would love to witness it at some time."
The young mage said, she was obviously quite fascinated and it was clear that magick itself enthralled her.
"Hum...perhaps I should try to paint a diagram of how the Quintessence flow will go through the ritual, that might be helpful."
Beatrice muttered mostly to herself.

(OOC:Do not worry about it, the game will be here when you get back, just have fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next