Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

4 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Adley Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:16 pm

He squinted into the sunlight, glad for it though it made him aware of the headache. He pulled himself to his feet and folded the blanket and put it on the couch. The headache was bearable, if barely. "Thank you," he said, walking to the stove and getting a cup. He drank it down several sips of it and then walked to the bedroom door. He didn't want to talk, wake Beatrice but he silently looked at her and then Amadeus, asking without saying anything.

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Beatrice seamed to be sleeping, she was very pale and sweat beaded her forehead though Amadeus gently wiped it away with a cloth, then he whispered, something he unlike you could do.
"She fell asleep an hour or so ago, before that she...was difficult to keep calm, her breathing is better though and she asked for water a while ago."
The old mage said in a concerned tone of voice.
"She panics and have to be reassured that her Avatar is alive and that she is safe every so often...but yes at least she is resting now."
Amadeus muttered sounding tired.
"The cuffs bother her, but I fear it will be hard to keep her from doing magick without stopping her...I guess I can not blame her, she was a hair's breath from...it is no wonder she is terrified."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Colin grinned back, "Why, yes, it does seem I am asking you out for a meal... Shall we say, swing by the shop around... let's account for traffic, and say half past eleven? That should give me the time to do the preliminary work, if not finish the cuff I have in mind. And, of course, give us a bit of time to banter in the airport café before the flight arrives. Oh, and do pick a car with room for two guests and their luggage, of course."
He took a step back and straightened his tie, "Now, I'm going to check on Beatrice before I head down to the shop to uphold the proud British tradition of Keep Buggering On."
A swift bow, and he trotted off to Beatrice's apartment and knocked gently.

((OOC: You didn't answer about Willpower? *Poke, prod* Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:48 pm

He nodded, sadness still in his eyes. He put up a finger as if to say 'one minute' to let him know he'd be back. He went over to his room, put on clothing and got his gear together. It was a few more than one minute of course, because he had to do the banishing again and leave a call-in message at work to cancel his office hours and cancelled the following Monday and Tuesday for classes for good measure. Then he wrote out a note and went back to Beatrice's room and gave it to Amadeus, carrying the notebook and pen with him. I can watch her for now until everyone else is up so you can rest some he offered via the note. If it was still early enough yet, going by his normal time and the sun, others might not be up for a while longer. And given how awful last night had been, there might be late risers among even them. They would have to figure out a rotation for her, and then there was also that car coming with the Nephandi, Tobias and Mr Lenoe, Susanna...still more to do. But for now the Verbena looked exhausted.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:59 am

Colin:

Colin grinned back, "Why, yes, it does seem I am asking you out for a meal... Shall we say, swing by the shop around... let's account for traffic, and say half past eleven? That should give me the time to do the preliminary work, if not finish the cuff I have in mind. And, of course, give us a bit of time to banter in the airport café before the flight arrives. Oh, and do pick a car with room for two guests and their luggage, of course."

Freddy grinned then she nodded.
"Well then eleven thirty it is. I do have a car myself, i will take that, it is not much but it will take two guests, so just look for a cheap, old yellow car and that will be me."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Who are we picking up by the way?"

He took a step back and straightened his tie, "Now, I'm going to check on Beatrice before I head down to the shop to uphold the proud British tradition of Keep Buggering On."

"Do say hello to her for me...I will see you at half past eleven then Colin."
Freddy said and gave you a big smile.

A swift bow, and he trotted off to Beatrice's apartment and knocked gently.

Amadeus was on his way out of Beatrice's apartment to get an hour of two of sleep after he had been up all night watching her when he heard a soft knock on the door, when he open it he find Colin outside.
"Mr Wainwright good morning."
The old Verbena said he looked pretty exhausted.
"Come in, Beatrice is finally sleeping, you may look in on her if you do not disturb her though."
The Verbena said and rubbed his tired eyes.

Adley:

He nodded, sadness still in his eyes. He put up a finger as if to say 'one minute' to let him know he'd be back. He went over to his room, put on clothing and got his gear together. It was a few more than one minute of course, because he had to do the banishing again and leave a call-in message at work to cancel his office hours and cancelled the following Monday and Tuesday for classes for good measure.

When you do the Banishing Ritual, you realize there where no longer any aching from the small sample Cita had taken from you, the only ache that was there was from your uninvited guest. Your Avatar seamed pleased with you though and there was an unusual mood coming from it though it as usual did not say anything, for a moment there is a hint of a memory, just a flash but you think it is from a former life, but it is hard to be sure, the face of a friend, a dark haired man and the knowledge you had known him for many years and stood beside one another in battle...then the flash ended and it was hard to know if it was a memory or if your mind had just wandered for a moment during your ritual for that is how it felt, like when your minded wandered to a memory that you had not thought of in years, and yet in this life you had never laid eyes on the dark haired man in blue linen robes and you can not be sue if he is a past life memory or a figment of your imagination.

Then he wrote out a note and went back to Beatrice's room and gave it to Amadeus, carrying the notebook and pen with him. I can watch her for now until everyone else is up so you can rest some he offered via the note

Amadeus look at the note and nods he seamed reluctant to leave Beatrice but he needed rest.
"Thank you, call me if she needs anything, I will be back in an hour or two."
The old Verbena said before he gently kissed Beatrice on the forehead and headed out of the room.

(OOC: If I missed something I am sorry, however if your question was if Colin regain willpower then yes he do.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:45 am

At least his avatar seemed to be pleased with him, though he couldn't place the other feelings or senses it was experiencing. Then there was the image of the man, like an old friend, someone he should remember but had never seen or met. He added it to he stack of strange things that had happened, though unlike most of those, this was pleasant, comforting even in its own way. It would be nice to have a friend like that. Unless it was just his mind playing tricks on him and with all that had gone through it, he couldn't be sure it wasn't.

"Thank you, call me if she needs anything, I will be back in an hour or two." The old Verbena said before he gently kissed Beatrice on the forehead and headed out of the room.

He nodded, at sat down in the chair next to the bed. For a moment, he just looked at her, glad that she was sleeping for now and able to rest. Then he put the notepad on his leg and began to write up what had happened until he heard a faint tap at the apartment door.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:45 am

You hear Colin speaking with Amadeus, apparently the Orphan have come to check on Beatrice. As she sleeps it is easy to almost pretend yesterday did not happen, she looked pale yes but as she slept she just looked ill, like she had been a few months ago when a backlash sent her to bed for a few days, but then she whimpered softly in her sleep ans it became so clear again what she had been through, you notice her eyes opening, pain keeping her from sleep, but she looks groggy like if she might drift back into sleep again, she do seam glad to see you though and she managed a very faint smile before her eyes closed again.

When you look down at what you have written, in the middle of two sentences where it did not belong, in a handwriting that was not quite yours there stood in Latin, one saved, for one lo lost, balance is served, I let Carmon ride out alone...
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Colin half-smiled to Freddy, "We're picking up Micah Gregario and Susannah Florentine. I... ah, fair warning, Miss Florentine has been... well... she is a former Widderslainte who cleansed her Avatar, and then suffered an injustice at the hands of Vittoria D'Angelo's brother. It might be... unpleasant."

Colin spoke softly to Amadeus, "No, that is quite alright - if she's finally sleeping, that's probably the best for her right now... Just let her know when she wakes up that I came by to say I'll be picking up our guests today at the airport. I'll come by later today."

Then he nodded, and headed to work.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:10 pm

Colin half-smiled to Freddy, "We're picking up Micah Gregario and Susannah Florentine. I... ah, fair warning, Miss Florentine has been... well... she is a former Widderslainte who cleansed her Avatar, and then suffered an injustice at the hands of Vittoria D'Angelo's brother. It might be... unpleasant."

Freddy paled a little when you mentioned the condition of who you where picking up.
"I see, unpleasant yes definitively, a reminder that such a thing is possible, that we have such a weakness..."
The Virtual Adept muttered.
"But the woman do not deserve to be shunned, I am still willing to be your driver for picking them up."

Colin spoke softly to Amadeus, "No, that is quite alright - if she's finally sleeping, that's probably the best for her right now... Just let her know when she wakes up that I came by to say I'll be picking up our guests today at the airport. I'll come by later today."

Amadeus nodded he gave a tired smile.
"I will let him know that. And you should know she insisted that I heal the flower you gave her, it had become crushed as she trashed but she wanted it restored and put in water near her bed. You where a good support for her Mr Wainwright, it seams she think that flower helped her fight long enough to be saved."
The old mage said and nods.
"I will let her know that you are picking up our guests."

Then he nodded, and headed to work.

As you enter your store your clerk Miss Jones stands up, she had opened the shop a few minutes earlier.
"Good morning Mr Wainwright...a few messages...Mrs Dalhover have called and said she is coming by to pick up her watch today, you know the one that needed repair work on the chain. We have gotten an order for silver candlesticks with very specific designs from a Wiccan Coven, I have left the details and contact information in the in box...oh and yes a sweet old lady was just in, she is apparently the grandmother of someone who bought wedding rings here recently, she wanted to know if you could modify her mother's pearl studs into cuff links as a gift for her new grandson in law."
Miss Jones said as you made your way into the store.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Colin nodded to Agnes, "I believe Mrs Dalhover's watch chain was repaired earlier this week - could you please verify that? Turning old pearl studs into cuff links... It should be feasible, but I'd have to see the previous work to know how much additional work it would be. As for the candlesticks, that does sound like an interesting bit of work. Is there a time limit on those?"
He smoothly collected the paperwork from the inbox, "And the dear old lady, did she say whether she was John's or Barry's grandmother?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:51 pm

"Let me check Sir."
Miss Jones said and she opened the drawer with finished products and looked at the neatly ordered boxes and then she nods.
"Quite right Mrs Dalhover's watch chain is repaired and the piece is ready to pick up."
The clerk said then she nodded. and found a small box from the in box and handed you.
"Mrs...let me see Evans...left her earnings here for you to inspect...I do believe she said she was a John's grandmother."
Agnes said and handed you the box, inside was old fashioned silver and pearl stud earrings with a large white pearl in the center and silver knot work around it.
"Now as for the Wiccans said they would like to have them before the 21 of December, though by October 31 would be preferable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:17 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, I believe I can work with this... I'd have to dismantle the decorations for a thicker stem, but it should certainly be quite feasible in time for the wedding... Hmmm, All Hallow's Eve, is it? This should be interesting... By the way, I will be going out for an early lunch today, and will probably not make it back afterwards. I don't expect anything urgent, but should anything come up, I'd appreciate a text message."
Then he headed down to the workshop and started fashioning a mesh cuff for the revolver; a simple rubber lining around the decorative grip plates, and a sturdy band over the metallic parts - all flexible enough to be removed, should it be necessary.

((OOC: Dex + Crafts, I presume? Taking the time to do it carefully and methodically, to get a good-looking and sturdy result on the first go. 2, 2, 3, 3, 7, 9. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Miss Jones nods.
"Very well I will stay here until closing time and let you know if anything pops up Sir. Do enjoy your lunch."
Agnes say and smiles.

Making the rubber enhancements to the grip of Freddy's revolver go well, the project turns out the way you want it to and the weapon have a much sturdier, better grip when you are done, the Virtual Adept will be able to aim better and just plain handle the weapon better. The result also looks well with the decoration on the grip and you can stay that this is a good piece of work.

You have a little time to work on some other projects before Freddy is to pick you up, but then, unless there is anything else you do in the meantime you see her on your surveillance camera enter the store and speak with Miss Jones to ask her to let you know that she had arrived.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:01 pm

After finishing the grip improvement, Colin went through the specifics of the candlesticks, carefully drawing the pattern on a sketchpad to make see how it would fit, and mentally comparing them to the various symbols he'd seen in use throughout the Chantry - Beatrice and Amadeus' work in particular. When Freddy arrived, he grinned to himself, picked up the gun case, and strolled up the stairs. "Thank you, Miss Jones, I shall see you Monday, I expect. Enjoy your weekend."
Smiling to Freddy, he added, "Well, Freddy, I have your little friend finished, and I'm ready to go. Shall we, then?"

((OOC: Presumably, Colin's carry permit is not in yet, so his gun is back in his workshop safe. If his permit HAS arrived early, though, he'll bring the gun.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Many of the symbols the Coven have wanted for the candle sticks are very similar to what you have seen the two Verbena drew in blood during their rotes, in addition one of the sticks where to have a rough, primitive female shape the other male, while at the same time remaining plain other than the symbols, the order sheet held instructions on how pure the silver had to be, including a note that the Coven was willing to pay extra if the metal came from a mine that where environmentally friendly and treated it's workers well.

"Enjoy your weekend as well Mr Wainwright."
Agnes say and nods before she continue attending to some paperwork.

Freddy smiles to you.
"Ah perfect, how much do I owe you?"
The young Virtual Adept asked then she nodded.
"Yes I have my car parked right outside so I am ready to go, it is like I said that old and yellow one right out there."
Freddy said and pointed at a little old Ford that was surly 20 years old and bright yellow that stood parked outside. Freddy herself had added green mesh fingerless gloves to her outfit and green pvc bows to her dreads and she give you a bright smile.
"Let us hope we do not run into Lisa like Bianca and Rosa did when they where at the airport a few days ago."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Colin made a mental note to confer with Amadeus over the candlesticks - as a matter of precaution. As he handed the case over to Freddy, he said, "In this case... let's just say that you cover gas for the round trip; it was a simple adjustment tucked in-between a few other jobs. Oh, speaking of which, Miss Jones, would you let Mrs Evans know that I can convert the ear studs, and ask whether or not she'd like some further engraving on the stems?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:06 pm

"Thanks...very well then I will cover gas and treat you to lunch? How do that sound?"
Freddy said and took the case containing her gun.

Miss Jones nodded.
"I will contact Mrs Evans Mr Wainwright."
Your clerk said.
"I am sure she will be delighted to hear that and I will ask her about the engraving."

Freddy lead the way into her ca and got in, once you had got in beside her she started driving toward the airport.
"Which restaurant should we go to? What about the Italian one, they have cheap and good food."
The Virtual Adept suggested.

(OOC: Oh I forgot, no your carry permit is not in yet.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Colin grinned warmly, "That sounds excellent."
Once in the car, Colin smirked and winked, "Italian sounds good. It's been a while since I had a decent pasta. And come to think of it - you don't actually pay for gas, do you?"

((OOC: Didn't think so - which is why I pointed out that Colin's unarmed for now.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:36 pm

"I don't pay for gas?"
Freddy said and raised an eyebrow.
"If I am driving my car I tend to do so...well I can try to make it but substances like oils, fuel and such are always hard to get just right and I do not want to wreck my car."
The Virtual Adept said and scratched her head.
"But yes some good pasta will be nice."
The Technomancer said as she drove towards the airport.
"I am not much of a cook so I tend to eat microwave food usually."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:40 pm

When Beatrice woke up again and looked at him he reached over and brought the blankets back up and put a hand on her shoulder. He didn't say anything, he didn't want to engage her too much in case she could go back to sleep. If she could smile at him, through all of that...she was strong, real strength. Though he still felt his headache and the ache for her and a tangle of other emotions, he tried to smile back, nothing forced but concentrating on how she seemed so glad to see him every time she opened her eyes and saw him.

She settled down somewhat, drifting back to sleep or some kind of rest. He waited for Colin to come in but he didn't, and so he went back to writing. It was helpful, like emptying his mind out, meditative in its own way, except his mind was still pounding. That was until he skimmed back to where he'd left off and saw Words he didn't remember writing. He read it a few times and then put a box around it, starting a fresh page over. Maybe Carmon was the man in blue he'd seen...but it wasn't quite over yet though, was it?

He didn't quite feel like balance had been served, not when there was so much more to do. Balance was an odd thing, he supposed he didn't have an unbiased enough existence to see it clearly. He wasn't sure he wanted to, either. He didn't want to be like Master Tolle, who could broker a fair deal it was true and in that way had a capacity for fairness but could not act on his compassion. Or the spirit that his father had called, it was a perfect being of truth. It could be roused by unfairness but not every suffering, nor could it love per se. Beatrice had said that avatars were like that in their way, that was a theory why they had hosts...and some part of him still felt that there was beauty in perfection. So how could something so beautiful be so cruel? And there was no doubt that the rote -was- cruel...and the D'Angelos had become twisted by their grief...no it was not over yet. Balance wasn't yet at hand, there was still Susanna. Still the fact that Beatrice's avatar could be cleansed...that she needed his help as much as he could give it, being imperfect as he was. But his avatar had its own ideas and feelings and a history. He could share in its feeling of...accomplishment? Rectification? Whatever it was trying to tell him without negating it, see it as something to build upon.

He ran a finger over the line again. 'I let Carmon ride out alone'...he carefully folded the paper with the odd writing on it and put it in his pocket. That had never happened before, his avatar telling him something about its past especially so directly. He hoped that was what it was, for the alternatives if it were not were not good. And there was no time for more weaknesses. He closed his eyes and after a moment began over again on the fresh page...it seemed like an apt metaphor. For a while he wrote again and then stopped in his tracks. Something had occurred to him in the bombardment of the last few days. He had no idea what the Word gilgul actually meant. It might be nothing more than another impulse but he took out his phone and looked for a Hebrew dictionary and then through the Kabbalistic sources he could access from where he sat. A library would have been better, but he was not leaving Beatrice for a whim and he could not read Hebrew with confidence other than Words he knew from memorized workings. According to the basic mundane explanation, gilgul was a similar root to the one for 'wheel' and linked to reincarnation concepts. How had the Name been attached to a rote that did the opposite, broke a thing so it might never return? He took the paper out with the writing about Carmon on it and wrote down a few notes to remind himself later to find out. He put it back in his pocket and then went back to work finishing what he had started working on.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *his phone was busted)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Beatrice lay with her eyes closed for a while, she did not appear to be sleeping but she was resting though she moved her head now and again and whimpered but slowly she did seam to settle down again, perhaps it was pure exhaustion that pulled her under again, in either case she needed the rest, and the longer she stayed calm the better. You write down what have happened over the last few days, all the words your pen form are yours this time. However when you think of the name Carmon you get a feeling of familiarity, as if it is a name you know well, though you know no one by that name, not in this lifestime at least. Every now and again the young Verbena in the bed got fuzzy and would twist around or mewl, for the most part you managed to calm her back down again through, you suspect it might be harder later when she was not so exhausted and out of it.

You are about done writing when there is a soft tap on the door, it is light enough as not not wake anyone if they where asleep and you just barely hear it where you sit in Beatrice's bedroom.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:15 pm

He wished there was something that could be given to her to ease the pain. He wished a lot of things, but wishing didn't do any good. So he just did the best he could. When the knock at the door came he went over to see who it was, expecting it might be Colin or Amadeus.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:27 pm

You see Narim stand there with a tray full of food.
"Forgive me Adley I did not mean to interrupt, I well...just wanted to deliver this...I suspected either you, Colin or Master Nassa would be keeping watch over Miss Alexander and that whoever was up all night might forget to eat so I thought I would bring some breakfast."
The Virtual Adept said a bit hesitantly.
"I have included a soup for...Miss Alexander, if she is able to eat that is...my mother used to make it for u children when we where sick, it is nutritious but have a mild taste and are easy to eat..."
Naim sigh then he looked at you.
"How is she? The little Verbena I mean?"
He asked as he handed you the tray of food.
"Perhaps I should not have disturbed...I just wanted to do...something..."
He explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 pm

He looked surprised to see Narim standing there with food. He nodded to him and gave him the same gesture he gave Amadeus earlier but took the tray in and put it on the table with a grateful look. Then he went back to the door and wrote on a blank piece of notebook and held it out to him.

'Thank you for the food. Amadeus is resting. It is hard for Beatruce to stay asleep. Cita said she will need time to recover, no magick working and water. But she is in pain and there seems to be little way to relieve that.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Narim nodded he read the note before he said.
"I shall not keep you from tending to he, you should eat something though, Amadeus to when he wakes up. I wish there was something I could do but as far as I know there is very little but time that heals a wounded Avatar, but I do not know much about it in either case, perhaps Cita can do something...poor Beatrice she did not deserve that."
The Virtual Adept said.
"At least she will recover with time, it had been worse if...well."
Narim sigh.
"Do let me know please if there is anything I can do."
The man said before he turned to leave then he added.
"Oh and just so you do not worry, I have been taking care of Tobias since Cita needs rest, he boy is worried about his friend but is fine for now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next