Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

5 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Tane Karyak 02.02.16 4:23

Friday:

Ok, sounds great. Then from there we can go to master Narim's office to see if we can arrange that of the teachers. Ok, let's go. We leave you, then. he said to Jeffry.

Saturday:

I said no to the transplant not because of it. The shard deserves to live, and to evolve. As much as it can be painful, it's true that an avatar's life is mre important than any human life.

Now that Nassa was out of the picture, he sat and meditated easily but with an eye open.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8 - Page 6 Empty Re: Mission to Chicago, An old friend and Abigail IC Thread 8

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 4:51

Friday:

Jeffry nodded and gave you a smile.
"Yes do introduce Miss Gray to Narim and have him see if he can find some potential teachers for her and we will see who fit for her."
He said then he turned to Lily.
"It was good to meet you Miss Gray."
He said with a smile.
"Likewise Mr Morgan was it."
Lily said and stood and got ready to go with Tane to see Narim.

Saturday:

Amadeus nodded at that.
"We are their custodians for the time they walk with us, we are not their masters."
He said about Avatars before he went to rest.

Very little happened for the first few hours as you stood guard at times you heard Beatrice cry out inside the Node chamber or heard her cry other than that it was very quiet down here. After about three hours though there was a sound...a strange tapping sound that seamed to come from the corridor roof.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak 02.02.16 8:28

Friday:

Ok then. See you, Morgan. Tane said with a smile and went out. See? Numerology. That man is a good man. Old fashioned, but just a litle, and he's good at his job. Even with everything that has been going on... Rough weeks for everyone. Tne then went to Narim's office.

Saturday:

I try to see all i can on the floor and the ceiling, in this world and in any other. Maybe feel a resonance if it had. I also stand and go to stay sticked to the door.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 10:50

Friday:

"Yeah he seamed to be rather nice but how he got any information just from numbers is beyond me."
Lily said.
"He do seam like a good man though I agree."
The young girl said, she followed you as you made your way to Narim's office and knocked on the door, soon the Virtual Adept opened and gave you a smile.
"Ah Mr Karyak and this must be the newly Awakened girl you spoke about he said and held out a hand to her in greeting.
"I am Narim Sharaya."
He said and the young woman shook his hand.
"Lily Gray."
She said.
"Nice to meet you."
Narim nodded.
"Likewise."
He said before he turned to Tane.
"So what can I help you with Mr Karyak?"

Saturday:

The strange tapping sound continue but you do not see anything in the physical world.

(OOC: Please make an arete roll for examining the area for Resonance and looking out into the Umbra.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 02.02.16 11:07

Colin smiled enigmatically, "Oh, I shouldn't worry too much... There's a beauty of a battleship coming up, you need to build some carrier craft to bring light attack craft off Horizon's immediate perimeter, and the Nephandi battlecruisers aren't invincible... I'd be all too happy to go into further detail at a later date, but it's a little too complicated for this moment. Or you might request a copy of a certain transcript currently in the care of Chantry Steelhaven; you might find it informative."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 13:29

"Are you from Horizon Mr Wainwright, not many who are not native to that realm know that the Zeppelins can not go far outside the realm themselves and while I am a eager reader of the Paradigma, I must confess that I do not know of any plans to create a carrier ship for them, though that would be most practical."
Madeline said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well yes I guess the Nephandi battle cruisers can be beat but the cost of taking one down is enormous, at the battle of Mus one of them engaged two Technocrazy Dreadnoughts and held it's own."
The Etherinte said then she nodded.
"But yes this is not the time for an detailed conversation on the topic, however I must say you are turning out to be a most enigmatic man Mr Wainwright and I will certainly request the transcript you speak of, it might prove interesting reading if the rest of what you have said are any indication."
The Deaconess said and gave you a polite little nod, you had gotten her curious now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 02.02.16 13:41

Colin shook his head, "I'm afraid I've never yet set foot on Horizon, though I expect to visit soon. I remember living there in a few years, though, and might I suggest you propose the design and construction of a carrier fleet to shore up a small, stable time loop? Believe me, the St. Victoria's Blade and the Heart of Horizon will need the small craft support."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 14:17

The old Etherite looked quite surprised.
"I have heard about the Heart of Horizon, but I never thought it was actually possible but very few have heard about it and construction have just started on the Blade...you are saying you remember future events Mr Wainwright?"
She said then she nodded.
"Well a carriar fleet would be most useful, perhaps I will indeed suggest it though I have no power on Horizon, though there are rumors that Primus Julian Spence are thinking about stepping down and his most likely successor are the admiral as they like to nickname her, of the Tradition's fleet of Umbral crafts so chances are she will start several new construction projects when she comes to powe so she might be willing to listen."
Madeline said she seamed rather fascinated by what you where saying.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 02.02.16 14:30

Colin nodded, "I think it's more that... I will at some point in the future remind myself in the past of what will happen. I do recall that Madame Hastings will make a fine Prima for the Children of Ether; I would suggest you bring the transcript I mentioned - with the illustrations - should you approach her with the idea. In any case, I haven't yet made Initiate of Time, but it rather seems inevitable that I shall."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 15:03

"Hum...well time is not just a straight line Mr Wainwright, we see everything as happening in progression because it is more practical for our limited human minds to see things that way, but time is so much more than that, some say everything happens at once, or that time is like a river, one can go up and down it and while it flows, one can go back as easily as forward."
Madeline said.
"Hum...Children of Ether I am not in favor of it, I have never jumped on the bandwagon of feminism, but be that as it may Miss Hastings are a competent woman and if she do indeed take over for Dr Spence she will be a fine Prima indeed."
The old woman said then she nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright if the change arise that I will converse with Miss Hastings I will bring your transcript to her attention."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 02.02.16 16:06

"Hum...as for the name of Abegail's apprentices I do not know, I am not sure Dylan knew either, one of them could have been named Martha or some such but I am just not sure. She had more than one apprentice though and are likely to have taken other students over the last 70 years.

"Martha, you said?" He nodded and then glanced over at Colin briefly. Where had Martha gotten to, he wondered...assuming she was still missing, as per Bergen's conversation Friday. "We have heard the name Martha," he told them. "She is apparently missing, or was as of Friday last week."

"It really depend on how much of a risk you want to take, or rather a risk vs speed kind of thing, I am pretty good at not getting traced but it is not foolproof, a internet cafe is safer, doing what I have to do on the way though is far faster, I understood it that you where going to lead this little expedition so it is up to you."

Adley felt a stab of tired annoyance, not so much at Freddy's words but at the fact that so often things boiled down to those two factors. "No one is foolproof," he said, remembering Connie's 'warning.' He'd rushed and missed something, nearly gotten Mandis killed...and now she faced a literal existential crisis. But moving fast had gotten Kyle out in time. He went to check his watch, and realised he still hadn't a chance to replace it and pulled out his phone to look at the time to see how much light they had left to them as well as the weather, in case a storm was coming. "If we can find a few places somewhat en route, perhaps Colin can help you pick out the best one or use that contact to find a Tradition friendly place...I'm just looking at the weather and time. I assume that they'll move the girl near the evening, but we can't be sure of that." He frowned. "If it looks like we can squeeze it if we move now, we'll do that. Otherwise, on the way," he said as he checked. "Freddy and Colin go in one car, Adjan you are with me if you don't mind as backup navigator, Dr Lee and Francesca, dealer's choice, sound good? And pray for some parking angels for the traffic and a bit of luck for getting Liv," he said, not entirely kidding.

// glad that got fixed Warp, stupid though to have to go through all that. Sorry for the delay

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 18:29

"Martha, you said?" He nodded and then glanced over at Colin briefly. Where had Martha gotten to, he wondered...assuming she was still missing, as per Bergen's conversation Friday. "We have heard the name Martha," he told them. "She is apparently missing, or was as of Friday last week."

"If you excuse my unladylike words Mr Roth Hicks I have to say that this Martha being a Nephandus I hope she is dead in a ditch somewhere, that would be one less problem for us."
Madeline said then she gave a bit of a smile.
"Though off course if she could be found and captured she would make a powerful weapon to use against her damnable mentor."

Adley felt a stab of tired annoyance, not so much at Freddy's words but at the fact that so often things boiled down to those two factors. "No one is foolproof," he said, remembering Connie's 'warning.' He'd rushed and missed something, nearly gotten Mandis killed...and now she faced a literal existential crisis. But moving fast had gotten Kyle out in time. He went to check his watch, and realised he still hadn't a chance to replace it and pulled out his phone to look at the time to see how much light they had left to them as well as the weather, in case a storm was coming.

The time was 15:13 so you had a little under three hours of daylight left so time was running short. The weather was fine though, a light dusting of rain but other than that there was not much wind and warm for the season.

"If we can find a few places somewhat en route, perhaps Colin can help you pick out the best one or use that contact to find a Tradition friendly place...

Freddy tapped her tablet then she said.
"There is an internet cafe en route to the plaza, so we can stop there, but off course stopping do take up time when we could be moving but at least we would not need to go out of our way."

I'm just looking at the weather and time. I assume that they'll move the girl near the evening, but we can't be sure of that." He frowned. "If it looks like we can squeeze it if we move now, we'll do that. Otherwise, on the way," he said as he checked.

"I will need about ten minutes, fifteen tops to check the things I need and also scan the apartment building for Colin's friend, so that would leave us two hours and fifteen or so, perhaps a little less given travel time after we get there if we stop at the apartment cafe."
Freddy said.

"Freddy and Colin go in one car, Adjan you are with me if you don't mind as backup navigator, Dr Lee and Francesca, dealer's choice, sound good? And pray for some parking angels for the traffic and a bit of luck for getting Liv," he said, not entirely kidding.

Everyone nodded at the order of who went into which car.
"I do not think we will need parking angels, traffic are one of the easiest things to manipulate it being rather random as it is."
Adjan said as he prepared to leave Madeline's office.
"Getting Miss Bergen though there we might need a prayer."
He said and sigh.

Madeline stood she opened a drawer in her desk and took out a set of keys on a mother of pearl and silver key ring.
"Dark blue Toyota, and just to make this quick the other key are to one of the Chantry's communal cars, apple green Kia, Miss Baker will show you to the garage."
The Etherite said and fished another set of keys, this one with a Kia logo on it from her desk and then handed them to Adley.
"Great we will take the green car."
Freddy said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 02.02.16 19:05

Colin's eyes glittered with mischief for a moment, "Well, madame, if you don't mind me saying, I've never met anyone's son with a physique quite like yours."
He nodded to Adley, "Right you are; ... er, mind if I take the Toyota? Kias give me something of a bad vibe. It's a military terminology thing."
Looking at Freddy, he added, "Your call, dear - I'll drive so you can work, if you'd rather just do the scan on the road."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 20:19

"Oh my Mr Wainwright that really is not what one ought to say to a decent lady."
Madeline said.
"Well the Sons of Ether was originally intended for men and men alone, when I was trained I was not allowed full membership before years later I could serve as a lab assistant nothing more, I am glad that women now can have membership in our Tradition but we are still not suited to lead like the men and should have an assisting role, we do not have the constitution."
The very old, fine Victorian lady said.

Freddy griped at Colin.
"I guess it have to be the blue car then, but I do get it, words have power or so the Hermetics say. Anyway I think it is better to risk it and just work on the road."
She said
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 02.02.16 20:28

Colin chuckled, "Milady, I assure you, I had a great aunt who would greatly dispute the claim that women do not have the constitution - she worked at Rolls Royce building engines for Spitfires during the war. Besides, I hardly think it suitable to dismiss the strength of women, considering the skill and power displayed by Queen Victoria in her day, or Queen Elizabeth II in the present age."

He smiled apologetically at Freddy, "Dreadfully sorry, luv, but 'KIA' is something no soldier wants to hear..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 21:16

"There are exceptional woman who might be able to rule Mr Wainwright, but at our core we are different."
Madeline said. You notice that Freddy is struggling not to say anything with all of her might while Francesca took the conversation completely calmly, she had nothing to prove. Adjan finally spoke.
"Deaconess while I agree there are differences between human males and females just like with most mammals and one can say there are statistical leanings when it comes to the genders, would you not also agree that there are bigger differences between individuals than between ganders, and also our own history are full of Awakened women who have played an important part for our society. Take for example the Lady Nightshade, the first Prima of the Verbena, she was the only survivor when the Order of Reason slaughtered her Coven, and yet she got back up on her feet, managed to unite all the groups, sects and Covens that made up the old Faith and create the Verbena and then convince the Order of Hermes and Chorus Celeste to join forces and found the Traditions, I would say she showed as much aptitude for leadership as any man. Perhaps there will always be more male leaders and female healers and caretakers, but we should not dismiss a female who have the skills to lead or a male who are nurturing in my humble opinion."
He said and Madeline sigh.
"We need a society where everyone have their role and place young man..."
She replied.

Freddy grinned to you.
"No I suppose not, oh well the way I understand it I do get a green house so I guess it is ok."
She said and winked to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak 02.02.16 21:30

Friday:

It's magick, he thinks it works and it works. Nothing to overthink about that. He answered

He greeted master Narim and said SHe's our new apprentice. We have met Master Morgan and now i bring her to you so she knows where to find you. Also, i'd like to ask you if you could make the arrangements to present her all the Traditions and seek for a mentor. he said.

Saturday:

7, 5, 5 RANDOM .OOOOOOOORG!
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 02.02.16 22:20

Friday:

"I guess so...wait are you saying the tools used are just needed because we think they are needed?"
Lily asked and looked suprised.

Narim smiles to the girl then he looks at Tane.
"I can probably arrange for her to have a talk with the members of the various Traditions that we have members of at this Chantry however."
The Deacon pulled you a bit away so his words would not insult the girl.
"There are not likely to be members of all the Traditions that both seek an apprentice at this time, have the opportunity to take one and who are willing to accept someone already Awakned. Generally the master chooses the student, not the other way around, I might be able to find a few candidates, but not a smorgasbord from all the Traditions."
The Virtual Adept said.

Saturday:

You do not really feel any shift in the Resonance, you feel the clear, slightly static energy from the Node but other than that little else, you look out into the Umbra though and everything seams normal, you see a small imp like spirit a bit further down the hallway towards the stairs other than that all is quit in the spirit world, the tapping sound from above continues every now and again though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak 02.02.16 23:20

Friday:

"I guess so...wait are you saying the tools used are just needed because we think they are needed?"
Lily asked and looked suprised.

Exactly. Buuut! as foci have a place in this "real" world, they are the bridge between the concensus and our will and magick. That's the only importance of tools, of any tools.

"There are not likely to be members of all the Traditions that both seek an apprentice at this time, have the opportunity to take one and who are willing to accept someone already Awakned. Generally the master chooses the student, not the other way around, I might be able to find a few candidates, but not a smorgasbord from all the Traditions."

I would like to ask you to get one representative of every tradition first. Let them be the voices of their tradition and show her what the tradition is about in any case, and then she cn choose the tradition more suited to her. Then... well, i can ask around inside the tradition if i can find a teacher for her.

Saturday:

I remain there, aiting to see if there is nothing or if maybe it is something on the upper floor
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 03.02.16 3:43

Friday:

Exactly. Buuut! as foci have a place in this "real" world, they are the bridge between the concensus and our will and magick. That's the only importance of tools, of any tools.

I can understand that I think it is like that it is possible to hammer in a nail with your head but it is more effective to use a hammer? That kind of thing?"
Lily asked.

I would like to ask you to get one representative of every tradition first. Let them be the voices of their tradition and show her what the tradition is about in any case, and then she cn choose the tradition more suited to her.

Narim sigh and shook his head.
"That is not how the Traditions work Mr Karyak and certainly not during a crisis. What you are asking are like if you demanded that representatives for each major company in the city would send representatives to talk with a kid just out of collage to tell him what their company is about to see which one he wanted to work at, while in reality he would have to go to the company and bow and scrape for a job. The thing is it is the student that have to impress the teacher not the other way around and it might be hard to find a teacher for her since most prefer to Awaken a student themselves not adopt and Orphan. I can let the five Chantries of Boston and perhaps the ones outside of the city but still part of this Tribunal know that there is a young Orphan here in need of a teacher and then perhaps we will get a few candidates that are willing to take her, but chances are she will not be able to pick and choose. Now what I can do is print out some information about each Tradition for her to read and she can certainly talk with the Chantry members we have here that are not busy but to line of representatives that is not going to happen and if I ask the reply will be no, in fact doing so might hurt Miss Gray's chances of finding a teacher as it might make her seam full of herself to make such a request in the first place."
The Virtual Adept explained.

Saturday:

I remain there, aiting to see if there is nothing or if maybe it is something on the upper floor

The tapping sound continue for a while, but then eventually it stops and all is calm again at least that is what it seams.

(OOC: You can roll perception plus Alertness or Awareness whatever of the two is higher diff Cool
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 03.02.16 5:07

"If you excuse my unladylike words Mr Roth Hicks I have to say that this Martha being a Nephandus I hope she is dead in a ditch somewhere, that would be one less problem for us." Madeline said then she gave a bit of a smile. "Though off course if she could be found and captured she would make a powerful weapon to use against her damnable mentor."

"I'm hesitant to take a page so directly out of the same playbook as the Nephandi," Adley said, with a frown. "Though I somehow doubt Martha is dead. If I were these vampires, I might want her for security...speculation of course."

He listened to Freddy's break down, appreciating the thoroughness of it. While the others chatted about women's empowerment in the Ether society he conversed with her.

"Dark blue Toyota, and just to make this quick the other key are to one of the Chantry's communal cars, apple green Kia, Miss Baker will show you to the garage." The Etherite said and fished another set of keys, this one with a Kia logo on it from her desk and then handed them to Adley."Great we will take the green car."

He put the glass back down on the tray untouched and exchanged it for the keys. He then started to hand one pair out towards Colin and Freddy. "Where might I find Miss Baker?"

He nodded to Adley, "Right you are; ... er, mind if I take the Toyota? Kias give me something of a bad vibe. It's a military terminology thing." Looking at Freddy, he added, "Your call, dear - I'll drive so you can work, if you'd rather just do the scan on the road."
"I guess it have to be the blue car then, but I do get it, words have power or so the Hermetics say. Anyway I think it is better to risk it and just work on the road."

He raised a brow at Freddy, unsure if she was teasing him or not and then looked at Colin. He gave him the Toyota keys and kept the ones for the green car. "Kia will stand for Know-It-All instead; as Colin has reminded me, words can have more than one meaning or even change meaning over time. And I prefer that to the former." Then he added to Freddy "Alright. I know I don't have to tell you to be careful when we're playing in the Syndicate's backyard. But we've got less than three hours to get this done as it looks like rain. So if anyone wants to throw some good luck our way I'll favor that."

He stood up, giving the Deaconess a polite bow. "Thank you for your hospitality." He glanced once at the picture again, then back to her with a contemplative look. "I look forward to speaking, later on. I believe I will want to read that transcript...and perhaps anything that your apprentice suddenly found himself interested in pursuing due to those events. Please excuse us and again I am...sorry that may seem rather a spurious thing to imply about your Dylan. But I assure you I would not say anything if...I did not believe it could be true. A personal truth. Good evening."

He was looking less peaky now that he was trying to keep his mind on what they had to do though he didn't drink anything, it would have only turned his stomach up. Use his head, keep his emotions under control, focus on getting Liv and the team back safely...but it was still there, like it had been with the realisation that Carmon was in Chicago...the retrospective realizations that his boundaries were not all his own to determine, that they were slowly collapsing, had been since he'd gotten the shard stuck in his avatar and his communion with his avatar had become something of a trio. A sense of invasion of the past on his present. This new realisation about Bee, though...that Dylan killed Claire, snapped her neck to prevent her from being gilgulled......and years later, it had nearly succeeded in a new lifetime with Bee. It was getting difficult to anchor himself...but he had a mission to complete and these people were counting on him being 100% here with them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 03.02.16 5:58

"I'm hesitant to take a page so directly out of the same playbook as the Nephandi," Adley said, with a frown. "Though I somehow doubt Martha is dead. If I were these vampires, I might want her for security...speculation of course."

"Well it would be wise of them to take some precautions."
Madeline said.
"So it is a possibility however as for using that woman's apprentice against her, that I have no qualms about Mr Roth Hicks, it would serve her right."

He put the glass back down on the tray untouched and exchanged it for the keys. He then started to hand one pair out towards Colin and Freddy. "Where might I find Miss Baker?"

"I will call her she should be right down."
Madeline said and picked up her phone and called a number.
"Miss Baker would you be so kind as to come to my office...thank you."

He raised a brow at Freddy, unsure if she was teasing him or not and then looked at Colin. He gave him the Toyota keys and kept the ones for the green car. "Kia will stand for Know-It-All instead; as Colin has reminded me, words can have more than one meaning or even change meaning over time. And I prefer that to the former."

Freddy just gave you an innocent grin.

Then he added to Freddy "Alright. I know I don't have to tell you to be careful when we're playing in the Syndicate's backyard. But we've got less than three hours to get this done as it looks like rain. So if anyone wants to throw some good luck our way I'll favor that."

"Oh I will be careful."
Freddy said and stood. Adjan nodded.
"Leave the luck part to me."
He said as he to made ready to leave giving Madeline a small bow.
"Though how much it will help...that is a matter of debate."

He stood up, giving the Deaconess a polite bow. "Thank you for your hospitality." He glanced once at the picture again, then back to her with a contemplative look. "I look forward to speaking, later on.

"I will look forward to that Mr Roth Hicks."
Madeline said as she inclined her head towards the guests her eyes where sad though as she thought about her apprentice.

I believe I will want to read that transcript...and perhaps anything that your apprentice suddenly found himself interested in pursuing due to those events. Please excuse us and again I am...sorry that may seem rather a spurious thing to imply about your Dylan. But I assure you I would not say anything if...I did not believe it could be true. A personal truth. Good evening."

"If you mean the transcript of my Dylan's confession and court documents then certainly I can arrange a copy for you. He wrote a few things while he was in a cell on Horizon awaiting trial as well, though he did not have much time for new interests as he was arrested as soon as he was rescued from that Labyrinth and Tradition justice if nothing else are fast...to fast at times."
The old mage said and gave you a little sad smile then she nodded and stood to show your group out of her office.
"Yes indeed, good day to you all, and good luck."
She said as the others gave her polite bows and said their goodbyes.

Francesca gave Adley a concerned look, but she did not say anything, it would be his choice to speak about how he was feeling or not, she would not intrude on his privacy so all she said was.
"We should be on our way."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley 03.02.16 6:49

"I will call her she should be right down." Madeline said and picked up her phone and called a number.

He nodded at that.

"Oh I will be careful." Freddy said and stood.

Adjan nodded. "Leave the luck part to me." He said as he to made ready to leave giving Madeline a small bow. "Though how much it will help...that is a matter of debate."

"Thank you Adjan. It helped us before, did it not? And I appreciated it then, as well. We don't have time for debates long in the tooth, though. I'll hear anything on the matter that you have to say of course, I appreciate your counsel. But if you'd believe it, even I get tired of talking as I feel the time draws near to be doing - as long as you don't find me being hasty." Ad mortem incurramus was the old banner of Flambeau, not everyone else's...

"If you mean the transcript of my Dylan's confession and court documents then certainly I can arrange a copy for you. He wrote a few things while he was in a cell on Horizon awaiting trial as well, though he did not have much time for new interests as he was arrested as soon as he was rescued from that Labyrinth and Tradition justice if nothing else are fast...to fast at times."

"Yes, that I know to well." He frowned. "And I did mean what he'd written in the cell...perhaps 'new interests' wasn't the best way to word that. Dylan...he was sapped in the back of the head after what happened with Claire by whomever was set to get them; from there taken to Horizon, I would guess. Some rescue..." He shook his head. "Pardon."

Francesca gave Adley a concerned look, but she did not say anything, it would be his choice to speak about how he was feeling or not, she would not intrude on his privacy so all she said was. "We should be on our way."

"Yes, we should..." he agreed, heading towards the door, out to the aide to take them to the cars. "I'm alright," he said after a moment to Francesca as she glanced his way. "As I said, a number of revelations have been thrown my way but I believe we all have had to deal with our own difficulties in one way or another. But for right now, we have to save Liv and get ourselves back home safely."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind 03.02.16 7:25

Colin gave Adley a sheepish grin, "Thank you... 'Know-It-All' - I'll have to try to remember that one. Might take me a few years to adapt to that one, though. Acronyms are tricky things, after all."
He gave Madeline a bow, "By the way, madam, before we depart - do you know anything, or know anyone who does, about implanted Primium machinery?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze 03.02.16 7:57

"Thank you Adjan. It helped us before, did it not? And I appreciated it then, as well. We don't have time for debates long in the tooth, though. I'll hear anything on the matter that you have to say of course, I appreciate your counsel.

"I will do the rote then, and we will see how much aid it will give us and we can have the debate at some point over that pint of beer that you owe me when we do not have to save the world with the Avatars of children in the balance."
The Euthanatos said and nodded.

But if you'd believe it, even I get tired of talking as I feel the time draws near to be doing - as long as you don't find me being hasty." Ad mortem incurramus was the old banner of Flambeau, not everyone else's...

"Well yes we need to get going, we need to save that child before time runs out."
Adjan agreed, he bowed elegantly to Madeline and headed for the door.

"Yes, that I know to well." He frowned. "And I did mean what he'd written in the cell...perhaps 'new interests' wasn't the best way to word that. Dylan...he was sapped in the back of the head after what happened with Claire by whomever was set to get them; from there taken to Horizon, I would guess. Some rescue..." He shook his head. "Pardon."

"It was better than him staying in Nephandi custody."
Madeline said sadly.
"But yes I...wish our leaders had shown him leniency, but there was no mercy to be found. Also Mr Roth Hicks I suspect the...sensation to the back of his head you talk about, was his execution you feel if you really is my son's reincarnation, he was beheaded."
The old mage said her voice flat and controlled as if she was trying not to show to much emotion and struggling with it.
"The...execution was skillfully done, thank the heavens for small favors, I doubt Dylan would have felt more than an impact to the back of his neck."
The old woman said her stern expression remained but she now also looked rather pale.
"I will get you those papers."
She muttered.

"Yes, we should..." he agreed, heading towards the door, out to the aide to take them to the cars. "I'm alright," he said after a moment to Francesca as she glanced his way. "As I said, a number of revelations have been thrown my way but I believe we all have had to deal with our own difficulties in one way or another. But for right now, we have to save Liv and get ourselves back home safely."

"Yes we all have our inner demons to slay."
Francesca said she gave to a bit of an encouraging smile then she sigh.
"But yes we need to do our duty now and worry about other things later."
The Euthanatos said, she seamed tired but determined.

Colin gave Adley a sheepish grin, "Thank you... 'Know-It-All' - I'll have to try to remember that one. Might take me a few years to adapt to that one, though. Acronyms are tricky things, after all."

"I guess all the Hermetics and half the Chorus should have one then."
Freddy joked as she passed Colin on her way out of Madeline's office.

He gave Madeline a bow, "By the way, madam, before we depart - do you know anything, or know anyone who does, about implanted Primium machinery?"

"Machinery no, but how to manufacture and use Primium yes we do have one such man here at the Chantry but he might be a bit...unsettling to be around, he is a lich, a Hermetic one, for machinery though, now but some of my Tradition's ship builders should know quite a bit we do use Primium in our Etherships."
Madeline replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next