Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

5 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 9 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Adley Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Adley nodded to him, stepping inside. "Yes, Mr Roth-Hicks, bani Flambeau. Pleased to meet you. I believe there is one more on his way after he attends to something," he said. He glanced at the man's hand for a second too long before putting out his own out to shake hands with him. This was Freddy's kin and he did not want to insult him, given that he was offering to help to boot. "It is my pleasure to meet you as well, sir. I wish it was under better circumstances. And thank you for your offer to assist us, we truly need it. It has been a long week..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 9 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Adley nodded to him, stepping inside. "Yes, Mr Roth-Hicks, bani Flambeau. Pleased to meet you. I believe there is one more on his way after he attends to something,"

"Very well please find a seat...hum...I do not think I have much in here to offer, there is a pack of cookies somewhere and a pot of coffee though if you want."
He offered as he glanced over to one of the screen, the room was rather hot from all the machines.

He glanced at the man's hand for a second too long before putting out his own out to shake hands with him. This was Freddy's kin and he did not want to insult him, given that he was offering to help to boot. "It is my pleasure to meet you as well, sir. I wish it was under better circumstances. And thank you for your offer to assist us, we truly need it. It has been a long week..."

"Freddy told me little of what was going on other than that there where trouble, and no it is not my business but yes understand how hectic things can get at times when shit hits the fan."
He said with a little smile.
"So you need an eight hour night of sleep compressed into how much, the shorter the time I compress it to the more disorientation will happen once the...let us call it the time bubble is discontinued, if we go more than a ten times difference then nausea is common unless you are used to dealing with chances in time or study the Sphere yourself Mr Roth Hicks."
He said as he pressed a few keys on one of his keyboards.
"So eight hours to one hour generally works fairly well, a bit of jet lag but nothing much more, eight hours to eight minutes though can lead to some discomfort when the effect ends, your mind will not be used to dealing with it."
He explained as he sat down in his seat again. You saw a stack of freshly correct high school level math assignments on one desk while he was working on two other computers.
"But it is up to you how much extra time you need vs how much vertigo and nausea you are willing to take."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:35 am

((OOC: Holy schnitzel, off to GM Pathfinder, and there're eighteen updates by the time I return? O.o ))

Colin nodded to Francesca, "No apology necessary. I would personally be more wary about the buffet if you gave it a wide berth, actually. There's a saying about fresh air, exercise and never eating anything that hasn't been already sampled by at least two people..."
He met Adley's frustrated stare and winked back, but said nothing. No need to further point out that the coincidence of the Blade appearing might seem a little *too* coincidental...
He pondered, "I think I'll be fine without backup. I'll set my phone to record the conversation, just in case."
He accepted the note and glanced at it before thrusting it into his pocket, "Just don't start a power nap without me... By now I should hate to be left out of a bit of rest."
He sighed, "Alright, I'll meet up with you at the computer room when I've had another word with the lady downstairs."
Then he gathered up his notes and headed out after Adley, taking the straight path down to the cell.

((OOC: Colin Wainwright as the Mrrshan from Master of Orion?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:21 am

He met Adley's frustrated stare and winked back, but said nothing. No need to further point out that the coincidence of the Blade appearing might seem a little *too* coincidental...

Adley's eyes narrowed in annoyance, head tilted slightly as Colin winked at him. Then he went back to pretending he had not just been given that note at all.

"Just don't start a power nap without me... By now I should hate to be left out of a bit of rest." He sighed, "Alright, I'll meet up with you at the computer room when I've had another word with the lady downstairs." Then he gathered up his notes and headed out after Adley, taking the straight path down to the cell.

He nodded. "I won't, in case," he agreed.

"Very well please find a seat...hum...I do not think I have much in here to offer, there is a pack of cookies somewhere and a pot of coffee though if you want."

"No, thank you I have eaten already."

"So eight hours to one hour generally works fairly well..But it is up to you how much extra time you need vs how much vertigo and nausea you are willing to take."

"I do not study the temporal ars, no. However as it is also up to my comrade, since I assume we're in the same bubble, I shall wait for his input. Having said that I can't say I can afford to be too disoriented as it will affect my functioning." He looked around the room and then added, "I should probably use the restroom," he said in a slightly apologetic voice. "Are we going to be staying here?" It was hot in this room, he realised, pulling at the collar of his shirt. Of course, he remembered that his shirt was ripped up and he had the bits of it stuck somewhere in his coat. Fantastic.

// whups sorry - hope Pathfinder was fun. Also, Adley kept Colin's note, so he can destroy it, unless Colin took it back?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:53 am

Colin nodded to Francesca, "No apology necessary. I would personally be more wary about the buffet if you gave it a wide berth, actually. There's a saying about fresh air, exercise and never eating anything that hasn't been already sampled by at least two people..."

"Well those are good things to live by."
Francesca agreed.

He pondered, "I think I'll be fine without backup. I'll set my phone to record the conversation, just in case."

"Just be careful Mr Wainwright, the Nephandi can be rather slippery."
Francesca warned.

He sighed, "Alright, I'll meet up with you at the computer room when I've had another word with the lady downstairs."
Then he gathered up his notes and headed out after Adley, taking the straight path down to the cell.

You get down to the cells, it is the same guard as last time watching over the door, he just give you a nod and assume you are there to speak with the prisoner so there was no need to ask about it, instead he just opens the door to let you into the cell. Inside you find Jodelle as you felt her, bound to the bed and blindfolded, her fingers was beginning to become sore and puffy from the way they where bound together with thin thread you noted.
"I am right outside Sir if you need help."
The guard said as he opened the door.

"No, thank you I have eaten already."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that.

"I do not study the temporal ars, no. However as it is also up to my comrade, since I assume we're in the same bubble, I shall wait for his input. Having said that I can't say I can afford to be too disoriented as it will affect my functioning."

"Understandable. I can create more than one bubble but off course it is far easier just creating one as I would have to monitor them."
Hans said and nodded.

He looked around the room and then added, "I should probably use the restroom," he said in a slightly apologetic voice.

"Smart man Mr Wainwright, I generally do such bubbles near a toilet or have a bucket available but it is far more dignified to just do what one have to beforehand."
He commented and smiled.

"Are we going to be staying here?" It was hot in this room, he realised, pulling at the collar of his shirt. Of course, he remembered that his shirt was ripped up and he had the bits of it stuck somewhere in his coat. Fantastic.

"No I was thinking we will use one of the unused dormitory rooms that actually have beds if the point is to rest."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I have a lap top so do not worry about it I can work from anywhere."

(OOC: I was more thinking Colin the cat.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:17 am

Colin pressed the "Record" function on his phone and nodded to the guard, "Thank you, Sir."
Stepping inside, he smiled thinly to Jodelle, even if she couldn't see it, "Hello again, Jodelle. I believe I have some compelling things to tell you now. We have managed to extricate Miss Cunningham's last conversation with her apprentice. In her own words, she is an Eater of the Weak no more; Larson is selling widderslaintes to the Italians. There are no widderslaintes in the Boston cabal."
He sighed and leaned a little closer, "Also, we rather should like to know whether your boy is a plant in Malden, or if you had a genuine parting of the ways amid... other miscellaneous issues."

((OOC: Pathfinder had its decidedly hilarious moments. The Rogue wants to build a brothel, the Alchemist prepares medication and medical tools for such an establishment, and the Monk refuses to come. Wink ))
((OOC2: The Mrrshan ARE cats. In space. With great targeting skills. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:33 am

Colin pressed the "Record" function on his phone and nodded to the guard, "Thank you, Sir."

The guard simply took up his post again and said nothing, his watching eyes keeping an eye on the hallway.

Stepping inside, he smiled thinly to Jodelle, even if she couldn't see it, "Hello again, Jodelle. I believe I have some compelling things to tell you now. We have managed to extricate Miss Cunningham's last conversation with her apprentice. In her own words, she is an Eater of the Weak no more; Larson is selling widderslaintes to the Italians. There are no widderslaintes in the Boston cabal."

You have to pick the plugs out of Jodelle's ears before she can hear you, but assuming that you do she turns her head towards you.
"Damn it...I knew widderslaintes went missing in Boston..."
She said seaming angered.
"Do you have any proof of this Mr Kent was it?"
She asked seaming somewhat doubtful of your words.

He sighed and leaned a little closer, "Also, we rather should like to know whether your boy is a plant in Malden, or if you had a genuine parting of the ways amid... other miscellaneous issues."

"Oscar...leave him alone Traditionalist, he have nothing to do with the Nephandi, nor with me anymore, just leave him be."
She said now sounding quite worried before she managed to rain herself in and get control over his voice.
"There is decades since I have seen the boy, how do you know about him Mr Kent?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Colin sighed, "We do have proof - a recording of Martha Cunningham calling her apprentice from a psychiatric facility in Boston. It proves my previous hypothesis incorrect, as I had thought she did her own dirty work there... but due to certain political implications, I cannot play it off in its entirety for you. I can, however, swear on my Avatar that I am confident the proof is rock solid. I believe an extrication is already being planned for Mrs. Cunningham as a material witness - she'll be able to verify not only that she was sold, but to whom and for what purpose."
He leaned back, "So, Oscar is not a widderslainte, then... If that is the case, he should have nothing to fear. In any case, we mean to indirectly warn him, since the Malden Chantry is close enough to be hit by the fallout of Larson's plans. What happens to him from there is... not for me to say, though I harbour him no ill will. If he truly has kept no ties to the Nephandi, I think he can avoid any unpleasant repercussions."
He grinned, "I know about him because you're still fond of him. The photo on your phone, and the one in your apartment... It was a simple task to collate the information. Oh, yes, sweet little Molly has been extricated from your apartment and is now in a safe location. It seems your attempt at therapy was unsuccessful. Also, I commend you for keeping such thorough journals; the information will likely prove useful, academically and strategically. I have to chastise you for reusing needles the way you did - it's unsanitary and needlessly painful as the needle gets worn down over time."
He leaned back, "Now... I'm going to assume the Nephandi are just a teensy bit paranoid about direct contact, so I'm going to ask you if there is a quick way to get an urgent message to Abigail to stop her reinforcements from going to their doom in Boston. Anonymous post to an online message board or something, perhaps?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Colin sighed, "We do have proof - a recording of Martha Cunningham calling her apprentice from a psychiatric facility in Boston. It proves my previous hypothesis incorrect, as I had thought she did her own dirty work there... but due to certain political implications, I cannot play it off in its entirety for you. I can, however, swear on my Avatar that I am confident the proof is rock solid. I believe an extrication is already being planned for Mrs. Cunningham as a material witness - she'll be able to verify not only that she was sold, but to whom and for what purpose."

Jodelle was silent for a while as she considered what Colin was saying.
"You do not strike me as a man who who swear an oath and then lie Mr Kent, though I have to say that I do find it hard to fully trust the words of someone I do not even know the name of, I have however long feared that something is happening to widderslainte in Boston and when my sister went missing."
The Nephandus sigh.
"If what you say is true Mr Kent that do not bode well for her fate, my mentor would not be pleased if she found out about this and it is indeed true."
She said then she softly asked.
"What will happen to Martha, you said she would be extracted from where she was kept to be a witness...what will happen to her once the Traditions have no more use of her?"
There was a bit of worry in her voice then she added.
"And who are these Italians you speak of? As far as I know going after those born Fallen is not a general pastime in Italy."

He leaned back, "So, Oscar is not a widderslainte, then... If that is the case, he should have nothing to fear. In any case, we mean to indirectly warn him, since the Malden Chantry is close enough to be hit by the fallout of Larson's plans. What happens to him from there is... not for me to say, though I harbour him no ill will. If he truly has kept no ties to the Nephandi, I think he can avoid any unpleasant repercussions."

"He is not widderslainte nor is he Fallen that was always the...problem."
Jodelle said almost sadly.
"I have feared that what...the Boston Labyrinth have planned will reach Malden and Oscar...I appriciate you warning him if it is indirectly...thank you."
She said and sounded actually appreciative.

He grinned, "I know about him because you're still fond of him. The photo on your phone, and the one in your apartment... It was a simple task to collate the information.

"Hum...I guess I should have gotten rid of those pictures...but yes I am fond of him."
She admitted hesitantly.
"To fond of him. I disobeyed my mentor's orders for him once...it is not good to let someone get that close."
Jodelle muttered mostly to herself.

Oh, yes, sweet little Molly has been extricated from your apartment and is now in a safe location. It seems your attempt at therapy was unsuccessful. Also, I commend you for keeping such thorough journals; the information will likely prove useful, academically and strategically. I have to chastise you for reusing needles the way you did - it's unsanitary and needlessly painful as the needle gets worn down over time."

"Hum...well I guess the girl is in as much trouble as me now then, it is a shame her Avatar while it came back a little wrong it is strong, it's destruction will be a unfortunate loss, it would have been better if she had not been found and had starved to death...."
She said and turned her head slightly.
"Well good notes are paramount, it is less fortunate when they fall into the hands of the enemy though, but I guess that can not be helped at the moment, this is turning out to be a quite bad day Mr Kent."
Jodelle said and sigh.
"I have little medical knowledge, I had no desire to cause the girl more pain than what was needed. I avoided buying medical supplies that could be suspicious more than once and as long as the needle worked I used it."
She explained.
"Well be that as it may."

He leaned back, "Now... I'm going to assume the Nephandi are just a teensy bit paranoid about direct contact, so I'm going to ask you if there is a quick way to get an urgent message to Abigail to stop her reinforcements from going to their doom in Boston. Anonymous post to an online message board or something, perhaps?"

"You are assuming I believe you...then again loosing more widderslaintes would be unfortunate...there is a forum online for the keeping of orchids called Orchids and Exotic Plants, my mentor frequent it, a post placed discreetly there should get to her and it should not be enough information for your side to find her, and that Mr Kent is all I can give you."
She said and turned her face towards the Orphan again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Colin nodded, "You raise a good point... My name is Colin Wainwright. I can't say for certain what will happen to Martha later on; however, I would surmise it depends on whether she would be willing to turn informant against the Nephandi. I wouldn't expect that, though - the most probable scenario, I think, would be a merciful execution. She may not have any magical power anymore, but she still possesses a substantial amount of outright dangerous knowledge, and I doubt those in power are all that keen to let her remain free to share it..."
He sighed, lowering his voice, "As for the Italians, that's... extremely political. Naming names is dangerous for us all at this stage."
He nodded slowly, "Then I expect Oscar may be gently censured for having undisclosed Nephandi connections in the past, though if all contact was severed when he entered the Traditions, I doubt it will be so harsh as to involve Branding. Under the circumstances, and depending on his conduct in the current situation, who knows? It might even be swept under the proverbial carpet."
He smiled, "Your fondness just shows that you retain a bit of Humanity, at least... That might prove a saving grace later, in one form or another... As for Molly, well, that depends on whether we can get a change in the law through in time... I'd say the day is turning out quite... interesting, all things in consideration."
He sighed, "I am assuming I am correct. Whether or not you believe me is rather out of my hands, though it would make things simpler... Thank you, that's really all I could expect to glean from you."
He looked at her hands, "I will ask the guard if he can arrange some ointment for your hands; they look uncomfortable. Also, have you eaten?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Colin nodded, "You raise a good point... My name is Colin Wainwright.

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, for telling me your name."
The Nephandus said and offerer a small smile.

I can't say for certain what will happen to Martha later on; however, I would surmise it depends on whether she would be willing to turn informant against the Nephandi. I wouldn't expect that, though - the most probable scenario, I think, would be a merciful execution. She may not have any magical power anymore, but she still possesses a substantial amount of outright dangerous knowledge, and I doubt those in power are all that keen to let her remain free to share it..."

"If what...it sounds like...have happened to my Sister than death will probably be a kindness."
Jodelle said and sigh.
"I can only hope that is not the case. I doubt she will give you any information though, she is strong and dedicated to our cause, I am sure she will keep what she knows to herself and die with honor."
The Nephandus said.
"If you are right though I fear this will break my mentor's heart, my sister was always her favorite."
She said hiding her emotions on the matter.

He sighed, lowering his voice, "As for the Italians, that's... extremely political. Naming names is dangerous for us all at this stage."

"Hum...some of your higher ups then...interesting, and quite disturbing at the same time, very well I will not ask more about their identity for now, and even if you told me it would not be much I could do with the information at the present as I seam to be...tied up with other matters."
She gave a hint of a smile.
"That there are some internal strife in the Traditions though that Mr Wainwright please me, if you do not take to much offense at me saying so."

He nodded slowly, "Then I expect Oscar may be gently censured for having undisclosed Nephandi connections in the past, though if all contact was severed when he entered the Traditions, I doubt it will be so harsh as to involve Branding. Under the circumstances, and depending on his conduct in the current situation, who knows? It might even be swept under the proverbial carpet."

"As far as I know it was not undisclosed. When he refused to enter the Caul and I found I was to...weak to force him, I made sure he could not remember names and locations important to us, he will remember everything but the details feel like something from a far of memory and I took him to a Chantry and left him there, unconscious at their doorstep. I did keep watch though and there was somewhat stormy for a while and he did go through a trial but eventually he was accepted into your ranks. I...would have liked to have him with me but...as long as he have a good life I will be content."
Jodelle said giving a slight fond smile thinking about her apprentice, a smile she soon let vanish as to not in her eye seam weak.

He smiled, "Your fondness just shows that you retain a bit of Humanity, at least... That might prove a saving grace later, in one form or another... As for Molly, well, that depends on whether we can get a change in the law through in time... I'd say the day is turning out quite... interesting, all things in consideration."

"I am human Mr Wainwright, it is just my morals are different from yours. As for the Irish Cultist, well I do hope her Avatar is spared, if it did not work out this incarnation perhaps she will come to us in the next. Now however when it comes to days, I like mine boring and predictable, and nothing today have been boring or predictable, I do venture to say that yours might be going better than mine though."

He sighed, "I am assuming I am correct. Whether or not you believe me is rather out of my hands, though it would make things simpler... Thank you, that's really all I could expect to glean from you."

"Well it will be up to my mentor now then if she will believe this tale. I hope you are wrong Mr Wainwright but I fear you are right."
Jodelle said in a grave tone of voice.

He looked at her hands, "I will ask the guard if he can arrange some ointment for your hands; they look uncomfortable. Also, have you eaten?"

"I appreciate it Mr Wainwright, it is not the most comfortable restraints I have ever found myself in no."
She muttered then she nodded.
"Is I have, I do not appreciate being fed like a new born babe, but the meal was otherwise fine, though I fear my pride have suffered a blow."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Colin nodded, "True, it seems that most just wither away after, well... Some, though, seem to find something to hold on to; some new meaning to their lives. We shall have to wait and see."
He smirked wryly, "It would seem both our factions have some... housecleaning to do."
He sighed with relief, "If that is the case, then I expect Oscar should not have any further complications. We will, after all, not be contacting him directly, so he'll just be a... coincidental beneficiary of the warning."
He smiled, "At least you won't starve or suffer needlessly, then... I'll replace the earplugs now, so unless there was anything else, Jodelle..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:03 pm

Colin nodded, "True, it seems that most just wither away after, well... Some, though, seem to find something to hold on to; some new meaning to their lives. We shall have to wait and see."

"Just do not make into one of your damned mail delivery servicemen."
Jodelle grumbled.
"Let her have some dignity..."
She added.
"And I do hope the suspicions on what have befallen Martha is wrong."

He smirked wryly, "It would seem both our factions have some... housecleaning to do."

"Yes it would indeed appear so."
Jodelle added in a tightly controlled tone of voice.

He sighed with relief, "If that is the case, then I expect Oscar should not have any further complications. We will, after all, not be contacting him directly, so he'll just be a... coincidental beneficiary of the warning."

"I do appreciate that Mr Wainwright, I would say I owe you one but like I said there is not much I can do in my current situation and there is a limit to how far a favor go."
Jodelle said but she did sound honestly grateful.

He smiled, "At least you won't starve or suffer needlessly, then... I'll replace the earplugs now, so unless there was anything else, Jodelle..."

The Nephandus hesitated for a moment then she sigh.
"Damn it I should not be doing this, you are an enemy, but I do not think it is likely to significantly affect my Labyrinth negatively and you have shown me kindness...I had a ritual dagger on me when I was taken prisoner, in the shaft there are a onyx gem, a cabochon. It identify the one who holds it as me to my children, if you persist in going after my Labyrinth there is a good chance you will encounter some of them and well...at least it will prevent you from being eaten, I can do and will do nothing more for you Mr Wainwright you are after all an enemy in this war, but I do not like to let a favor to me go unrepaid and...it would be a shame if you got devoured by my sweet ones, that is not a pleasant death."
She said then she simply added as if she wanted to brush aside that she had told you about her onyx and what it did.
"That is all, I have nothing further to say...if you get killed in this Mr Wainwright I hope you do so in a blase of glory, and not whimpering in a corner."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Colin shrugged, "If she wishes to become a courier, that's up to her... I don't think the Mercere will be all that eager to accept her right away, though - not with her background. I'm afraid the evidence for what has happened is... quite absolute. And for that, I am sorry."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I'm an old soldier, Jodelle... I have a particular leaning to the Geneva Conventions, and the Sleeper laws that govern war and the treatment of prisoners and civilians... While i cannot lend you aid, under the Tradition Laws, I do not see that they prohibit me from offering you a measure of comfort under the circumstances. I don't expect neither the Nephandi nor the Union to offer me the same courtesy, but what they'll do matters less to me than what I do. I am your enemy by faction, by association, by philosophy... but I don't hate you as a person, and I think personal hatred is a great liability in war."
He arched an eyebrow, "Your athame is a passkey for your... children? Thank you, this will be useful to know. And... I hope that when your time comes, the pain will be as faint and brief as possible, and that your passing will allow you to retain as much dignity as you can muster."
He carefully replaced her earplugs and stepped back out of the cell, ending the recording. Turning to the guard again, he asked, "Sir, her hands and fingers are sore. Could you have someone bring some ointment? The way those threads are biting into her skin is not good - the pain is one thing, but it could lead to infections, and the threads could potentially break if moistened in blood."

Then he headed upstairs to look for the computer room, deep in contemplation.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Friday:

Ok then... for now keep comming, read the material, call me and experiment with your powers within the boundaries of the chantry. Try not to stay too long at the streets and always in crowded places so that the sleepers protect you from the Nephandi, since it has looked for young apprentices lately, more with our escenses.
You could also move here if you asked Master Narim, but you know you can go look for him.

Saturday:

Rokeas are the wereshark. My friend Coawa and this new girl, Paulina. In any case, i'll tend to my wounded and ask Coawa to search this Qyrly beast. THeir smell is keeper than any thing i know of, and they can track them. When they're at it, i'll thend my traditionmate. You go to sleep.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Colin shrugged, "If she wishes to become a courier, that's up to her... I don't think the Mercere will be all that eager to accept her right away, though - not with her background. I'm afraid the evidence for what has happened is... quite absolute. And for that, I am sorry."

"I see...that is quite unfortunate."
Jodelle said and sigh.
"It is not a pleasant fate."
She muttered and tried to hide her own fear as well as she could.
"Ah yes Mercere that is what they where called, no I do not suspect they would just accept her but just in case, I can think of few less dignified fates for one that have lost their...well, than to be a errant boy for others."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I'm an old soldier, Jodelle... I have a particular leaning to the Geneva Conventions, and the Sleeper laws that govern war and the treatment of prisoners and civilians... While i cannot lend you aid, under the Tradition Laws, I do not see that they prohibit me from offering you a measure of comfort under the circumstances. I don't expect neither the Nephandi nor the Union to offer me the same courtesy, but what they'll do matters less to me than what I do.

"If you had been captured by us Mr Wainwright you would be tortured for information and then either killed, sacrificed in some ritual or if someone discovered your potential you would be tortured until you agreed to enter a Caul, or some loved one would be taken and they would be tortured until you entered."
Jodelle said, there where no threat in her voice, she was simply stating a fact, nor did she sound like she found anything wrong with that treatment of someone her faction captured.
"That being said your kindness towards a prisoner is appreciated, even if as you said it is doubtful you would be offered the same."

I am your enemy by faction, by association, by philosophy... but I don't hate you as a person, and I think personal hatred is a great liability in war."

"Agreed, hatred clouds the mind and narrows one's perception."
The Nephandus said.

He arched an eyebrow, "Your athame is a passkey for your... children? Thank you, this will be useful to know.

"The cabochon is yes, the dagger itself is just a focus and have no particular magickal properties on it's own, but the gem identify the wearer as their mother and keeps the wearer safe, but it is only one gem so I assume that repaying your kindness this way will not tip the scales in any significant way."
She said defiantly, she was proud of her faction and dedicated to the Nephandi's victory in the Ascension War and she would not jeopardize that.

And... I hope that when your time comes, the pain will be as faint and brief as possible, and that your passing will allow you to retain as much dignity as you can muster."

"Thank you."
Jodelle said and swallowed hard, it was clear she was terrified but she tried to hide that as well as she could, and she would not let the fear overpower her.

He carefully replaced her earplugs and stepped back out of the cell, ending the recording. Turning to the guard again, he asked, "Sir, her hands and fingers are sore. Could you have someone bring some ointment? The way those threads are biting into her skin is not good - the pain is one thing, but it could lead to infections, and the threads could potentially break if moistened in blood."

"Very well Sir, I will get someone to tend to the prisoner's hands, and perhaps get the threads replaced by some wider bindings that might not bite into her skin so much."
The guard said with little emotions.
"Such bindings of the fingers can often be quite uncomfortable, but when it comes to holding mages prisoner taking the captive's fingers out of the equation is always a benefit."
He added simply as an explanation.
"At least we are not using a hammer."

Then he headed upstairs to look for the computer room, deep in contemplation.

You do not know exactly where the computer room is other than it is on the first floor, but after some looking around you find the room, right across from Madeline Rose's office, with the colorfully painted wooden sign with the old fashioned computer, cartoon mouse and pink letters writing out Computer Room on it, right there under one of the staircases.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Friday:

Ok then... for now keep comming, read the material, call me and experiment with your powers within the boundaries of the chantry. Try not to stay too long at the streets and always in crowded places so that the sleepers protect you from the Nephandi, since it has looked for young apprentices lately, more with our escenses.
You could also move here if you asked Master Narim, but you know you can go look for him.

"The problem with moving here is that I am sixteen so I am legally a minor, and I do not think my mom would let me move out just yet. I will follow the rest of your advice though and be careful and I would love to come back here to visit and talk with all you guys."
Lily said and smiles then she added to Henrietta.
"Thank you."
The Hollow One just nodded.
"No problem kid, no problem."
Lily looks at you.
"So I should just walk around a bit and talk with people and train with my magick then?"
She asked.

Saturday:

Rokeas are the wereshark. My friend Coawa and this new girl, Paulina.

"Ah yes, I was told you had a wereshark friend, I did not even know they exist, I have heard of werewolves but not weresharks."
Cita said sounding somewhat surprised.

In any case, i'll tend to my wounded and ask Coawa to search this Qyrly beast. THeir smell is keeper than any thing i know of, and they can track them. When they're at it, i'll thend my traditionmate. You go to sleep.

"Very well, find out how bad her injuries are and call me if you need help with her."
Cita said then she added.
"And I have no idea what a Gyrl beast is but if you think there will be any trouble you better notify Jeffry Morgan as well."
She advised.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:02 pm

"Understandable. I can create more than one bubble but off course it is far easier just creating one as I would have to monitor them."
Hans said and nodded.

"That's what I figured."

"I generally do such bubbles near a toilet or have a bucket available but it is far more dignified to just do what one have to beforehand."
He commented and smiled.

His nose wrinkled at the thought of a bucket - and then he thought of the awful bathroom at the hotel. Disgusting. "Can you tell me where the nearest is, please?"

"No I was thinking we will use one of the unused dormitory rooms that actually have beds if the point is to rest." The Virtual Adept said. "I have a lap top so do not worry about it I can work from anywhere."

"I see, good then. I was asked to meet my friend here though, so it's probably best to wait here." He seemed as if this room would do, that he could curl up anywhere and sleep, bed or not as long as there was a floor.

// space kitties! Also dang it, Wade Colin D:

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:24 pm

"That's what I figured."

Hans nodded at that.

His nose wrinkled at the thought of a bucket - and then he thought of the awful bathroom at the hotel. Disgusting. "Can you tell me where the nearest is, please?"

"Yes, under the other staircase, right next to the door to the library, about the same position as this room is under this set of stairs there is a bathroom."
The Virtual Adept said and pointed.
"I can show you the way but it is not hard to find."

"I see, good then. I was asked to meet my friend here though, so it's probably best to wait here." He seemed as if this room would do, that he could curl up anywhere and sleep, bed or not as long as there was a floor.

"Very well we can wait for him."
Hans said but about that time he heard someone at the door and opened it about the same time as Colin found the cheerful computer room sign.
"Ah hello, you must be Mr Roth Hick's friend am I right?"
The rather large, round man said as he peered through his glasses at Colin.
"I am Hans Harris bani Virtual Adept, Miss Adlebloom mentioned you would come to see me for some help with a time bubble."
He said and held out a chubby hand in greeting.

(OOC: Damn it my auto correct always want to change peered to peed, which is not a good thing to do through one's glasses at random strangers.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:35 pm

Colin shrugged, "A courier is actually a position deserving high esteem. The skill set and strength, both physical and mental, to ensure a message is delivered to the correct recipient without delay or interception is quite remarkable. In many ways, far more demanding than that what is necessary for a battlemage, for example."
He sighed, "I know, I have heard... descriptions. I even know reincarnations of people who were pressured into a Caul like that. But the thing is - we are supposed to be the 'Good Guys', as it were, trying to make a better world. And I don't think that can be accomplished by means of torture and cruelty... It is perfectly reasonable for the Nephandi to do so, to, hm, unmake the world, but that objective is why we have to stop you." No judgment in his voice; as simple a statement of fact as Jodelle's summary of what would happen to a prisoner.

He nodded to the guard, "Very good. A hammer would be... rather needlessly cruel, I think, so long as there are alternatives. If you don't mind my asking, which Tradition do you call home? Being an Orphan, myself, I must admit to some curiosity on the topic."

He was carefully looking at the picture of the little girl's prediction when he almost knocked on Hans' face instead of the door, "Oh, ah, er, yes, Colin Wainwright, Orphan, at your service."
He smoothly lowered his hand and shook Hans' firmly, with a small smile, "If it's not too much of a bother, I should like to borrow a computer to send a covert message on the internet... I'll have to discuss it with Mr. Roth Hicks in private first, though; a somewhat... delicate matter."

((OOC: Dang it? Whaaaaat? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Colin shrugged, "A courier is actually a position deserving high esteem. The skill set and strength, both physical and mental, to ensure a message is delivered to the correct recipient without delay or interception is quite remarkable. In many ways, far more demanding than that what is necessary for a battlemage, for example."

"And they are still errand boys, important errand boys perhaps and quite useful, but errant boys non the less, but I guess this House of yours find some meaning in."
Jodelle said and sigh.
"But yes a good courier can be quite important during war and especially now when the Union often monitor communication."
She finally agreed.

He sighed, "I know, I have heard... descriptions. I even know reincarnations of people who were pressured into a Caul like that. But the thing is - we are supposed to be the 'Good Guys', as it were, trying to make a better world. And I don't think that can be accomplished by means of torture and cruelty... It is perfectly reasonable for the Nephandi to do so, to, hm, unmake the world, but that objective is why we have to stop you." No judgment in his voice; as simple a statement of fact as Jodelle's summary of what would happen to a prisoner.

"Well how well are you doing as the good guys thus far...you yourself perhaps Mr Wainwright but the rest of the Traditions? Are they good?"
Jodelle asked then she nodded.
"Well that I would torture you until you entered the Caul have little to do with our goals other than the practical, you would be an assert if you would come to our side...as it where we would have to see which faction stop the other."
She said and offered a bit of a smile as if it was a friendly challenge she had just uttered."

He nodded to the guard, "Very good. A hammer would be... rather needlessly cruel, I think, so long as there are alternatives. If you don't mind my asking, which Tradition do you call home? Being an Orphan, myself, I must admit to some curiosity on the topic."

"Cruel yes but effective."
The guard said in a matter of factly, cold tone of voice.
"But keeping a prisoner reasonably healthy are usually more conducive to getting them to cooperate."
He added then he glanced at Colin.
"I am Euthanatos Sir."

He was carefully looking at the picture of the little girl's prediction when he almost knocked on Hans' face instead of the door, "Oh, ah, er, yes, Colin Wainwright, Orphan, at your service."

"It is nice to meet you Mr Wainwright."
The large man said and shook your hand politely.

He smoothly lowered his hand and shook Hans' firmly, with a small smile, "If it's not too much of a bother, I should like to borrow a computer to send a covert message on the internet... I'll have to discuss it with Mr. Roth Hicks in private first, though; a somewhat... delicate matter."

"Yes off course, have your pick, I have wakened the spirits of these computers they tend to keep anyone trying to hack into them or scry on messages at bey, though the one in the corner there do tend to have a bit of a temper."
He said and pointed at the computer furthest into the corner of the room.
"Yes off course take whatever time you need. I will wait until you have spoken with your friend."
He agreed.

(OOC: Well that is not the worst I was writing up a log for one of my tabletop games when the word sanctum became scrotum so the sentence then was that a Guernicus came to inform one of the player characters that they had found his long dead mentor's scrotum and it was now his inherence. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:21 pm

"Yes, under the other staircase, right next to the door to the library, about the same position as this room is under this set of stairs there is a bathroom." The Virtual Adept said and pointed. "I can show you the way but it is not hard to find."

"No, thank you I think I can find it from that description. If you'll excuse me, I'll be back shortly," he said, heading back to the door and out to use the facilities.

Adley stood in the room, looking shattered by this point but hearing his name and Colin's voice, he approached the door. "What?"

"Yes off course, have your pick, I have wakened the spirits of these computers they tend to keep anyone trying to hack into them or scry on messages at bey, though the one in the corner there do tend to have a bit of a temper."

He blinked and took another look around the room once he overheard that they were spiritually active. He was too tired to be too curious but he looked at Colin with a guarded expression. "Now what?" he asked and brought out a notebook for him to use.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:41 pm

"No, thank you I think I can find it from that description. If you'll excuse me, I'll be back shortly," he said, heading back to the door and out to use the facilities.

Han nods. The facilities are not hard to find and are clean and orderly unlike the bathroom at the motel so any preparations for the time bubble can be taken care of without the risk of dying from some horrible disease which might have been the case there.

He blinked and took another look around the room once he overheard that they were spiritually active. He was too tired to be too curious but he looked at Colin with a guarded expression. "Now what?" he asked and brought out a notebook for him to use.

The computers looked like your regular, average computers they stood there all neatly in a row, but then a spirit living inside each of them probably had quite a few uses.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Colin chuckled softly, "Touché. The Traditions have, perhaps, the ideal closest to my heart. But that doesn't mean every Traditionalist is a good person, as our ideals count them. We have our backstabbing schemers, just as you do. But then, you have your kind-hearted members, just like us. Not every widderslainte is cruel and murderous; not everyone who has been through a Caul is a twisted misanthrope. It would seem such qualities are inherent to the person more than the Avatar, perhaps..."

He nodded to the guard, "An honourable Tradition. Well, good watch, and may Fate favour you."

He arched an eyebrow, "I'll avoid the corner one, then. Thank you."
He fished out his pen and quickly scrawled down in Adley's notebook, "She gave me the means to send a message to Abigail, to warn about the Larson treachery. Anonymous, mundane internet forum. Do it?"

((OOC: "You have inherited your Mentor's scrotum!" "Well, balls." Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:59 pm

He ducked out, taking a risk at looking at how he looked in the mirror once he was done and fastidiously cleaning up his hands. Given Francesca's description, he expected to look like utter shit and dressed like a scarecrow under his coat. It was disconcerting how easy it was to put aside hygiene and other civilized rituals when you were in a campaign. So different than a single battle, or hit, a retaliation, or eternal cold war with the Technocracy. He ran water over his face and neck. Then he looked to see if it was a good place to destroy and burn any stray notes and his clothing bits while he had the chance, before returning to the computer room.

He fished out his pen and quickly scrawled down in Adley's notebook, "She gave me the means to send a message to Abigail, to warn about the Larson treachery. Anonymous, mundane internet forum. Do it?"

"Did Freddy contact you?"

Then he took the note and read it -twice- before he looked at Colin, which was enough without him saying any words at all. The look clearly said, 'are you crazy????.' His eyes flashed with anger and his face turned red across his nose as his last frayed nerve was being soundly aggravated. He seemed tempted to shake the man, older and respected or not. "No!" Then he paused and thought about it, trying to see if there was a way to use it to set a trap instead of actually, well, -helping- them. Did they not just have discussion about this very idea? "But maybe something else."

He scratched down, 'Don't make me hit you with the heaviest copy of protocols I can find to knock sense into you for even putting that down in writing. If we can use this to set a trap, that would be good but no warning them. Is this all you got for finding her?' Aloud he said, "Are you aware of what an entirely frustrating kind of man you are at times, amicus meus?"

// lol xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next