Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 10 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:55 am

Colin smiled, "Oh, she trusts him, no doubt... but that degree of trust is, well..."

"You are right, that is quite rare indeed, we will have to ask Master Morgan how urgent this rote they need to do for Miss Alexander is then and see if it can be put off until later."

He nodded, "This is a good start... hum... There's a thought, though - the Labyrinth is seventy years old. Would you mind checking if perhaps Mr. Willis might be able to look up more or less official records of sewer maintenance in the neighbourhood? Any anomalies reported might help narrow down where the edges of the Labyrinth go - missing workers, strange sounds, human organs on the walls, that sort of thing..."

"That is a good idea I will give him a call and see what he can find out."
Joakim said and made a note of it in his leather book to keep track of it all.
"I wish we could get something out of the vampire we bought but she do seam to be to damaged, one of the Mercere have promised to try to get through to her though."
He said as he pick up his phone to call Joe.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 10 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Colin pondered, "The poor vampire... I... might have an idea. She was captured in the 1940s. If memory serves, that was well into when swing music ruled the land. Perhaps you could have a portable stereo or somesuch placed with her, playing some of that genre, or other music from that period? That just might have a shot at reaching her a little. Er, it could be advisable to merely observe her at that point, of course, from the safety of being outside the room..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Colin pondered, "The poor vampire... I... might have an idea. She was captured in the 1940s. If memory serves, that was well into when swing music ruled the land. Perhaps you could have a portable stereo or somesuch placed with her, playing some of that genre, or other music from that period? That just might have a shot at reaching her a little.

"Yes, I might not like the creatures but I hate what have been done to that girl."
Joakim said then he nodded.
"Hum...music from her own period might be a good idea, yes I can arrange that, indeed that might be what we need to reach her."

Er, it could be advisable to merely observe her at that point, of course, from the safety of being outside the room..."

"It is worth a shot to try it at least."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Getting her some music and then just observing what happens, perhaps we can get something out of her that way."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Kristina said."I understand that limiting his senses might be necessary but let us try not to do it if there is not an absolute need for it. Staking alone frighten them enough."

He nodded at that.

"I see, I would love to hear the whole story as to why we are in this situation tasked with taking a vampire into protective custody then Mr Roth Hicks, but something tells me we do not have the time to do that."

"Not really; suffice to say be ready for being attacked by Nephandi, vampires, spirits, werecreatures, fomori, shit what else...ah and animals apparently." He sighed. "The first three are the most likely suspects though and tended to have led to the rest."

"I will get to work on that then as soon as we stop the car." Kristina said and fished some stones out of a pouch she had on the side of her belt.

He nodded. "Thank you." As they drove, he kept an eye out for them being followed as best he could.

Rosemary nodded."Yeah Life, Correspondence and Time for me, and a little Prime to spice things up with. I can cast rotes and not have them go off until a time of my choosing though in which case it will happen instantly, so if I start now, I can prepare some nasty surprises for anyone trying to get us, I can also slow down or speed up time for us all, which is useful in a fight the problem is if you two will be able to handle moving around in such a field if you are not used to it."

Adley frowned a little. "I encourage you to take care when employing those ars," he said to Rosemary, remembering something important. "Some of the Nephandi have been after those that are able to use the ars of time." He told the Chief, he knew he had. "I don't know how good you are at them but I would not wish them to target you for that. As well, I don't know how I would handle it. I've experienced time ars recently and I can't say I'm used to it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:46 pm

"Not really; suffice to say be ready for being attacked by Nephandi, vampires, spirits, werecreatures, fomori, shit what else...ah and animals apparently." He sighed. "The first three are the most likely suspects though and tended to have led to the rest."

"I see what you mean with it having been one of those weeks Mr Roth Hicks."
Rosemary said and sigh.
"It seams there is a million and one ways this little excursion can go wrong, let us make sure that it go right instead."

He nodded. "Thank you." As they drove, he kept an eye out for them being followed as best he could.

You do not really see any signs of anyone following you, there where other cars on the streets, a city this size never truly slept, but there where not many so you can get a pretty good overview of the traffic surrounding the car you and the two Verbena where driving in.

Adley frowned a little. "I encourage you to take care when employing those ars," he said to Rosemary, remembering something important. "Some of the Nephandi have been after those that are able to use the ars of time." He told the Chief, he knew he had. "I don't know how good you are at them but I would not wish them to target you for that.

"Well now, that is just perfect!"
Rosemary exclaimed then she sigh.
"I am an Disciple of Time Mr Roth Hicks and I promise that I will be careful, why on earth would the bloody Nephandi want someone who can manipulate time?"

As well, I don't know how I would handle it. I've experienced time ars recently and I can't say I'm used to it."

"Perhaps it is best to keep the effect localized to me and Kristina then."
Rosemary said as she drove then she pointed.
"You see that apartment building over there, the gray one?"
She said and pointed to a seven story or there about apartment building in plain gray stone with large windows.
"That is the one, the apartment is on the top floor, how close do you want me to park?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:37 pm

"I see what you mean with it having been one of those weeks Mr Roth Hicks." Rosemary said and sigh. "It seams there is a million and one ways this little excursion can go wrong, let us make sure that it go right instead."

"It could also go right, but things have been afoot. It's hard to be prepared for the unexpected but we have a task to do, we'll make as best the arrangements as we can and deal with the rest as it comes. That's why we need to be aware that this might be a trap, intentionally or not, and treat it that way."

"Well now, that is just perfect!" Rosemary exclaimed then she sigh. "I am an Disciple of Time Mr Roth Hicks and I promise that I will be careful, why on earth would the bloody Nephandi want someone who can manipulate time?"

"To sacrifice them," he said. "It would take a while to explain everything but that is the essence of it. If you need to be employing that art, my suggestion is to keep it as low key as you can manage."

"Perhaps it is best to keep the effect localized to me and Kristina then." Rosemary said as she drove then she pointed.

He spread his hands and then reached up to scratch at his beard. "I won't tell you what to do, you might see a need for it. I will try to deal with it if I have to, though."

"You see that apartment building over there, the gray one?" She said and pointed to a seven story or there about apartment building in plain gray stone with large windows. "That is the one, the apartment is on the top floor, how close do you want me to park?"

He gave a nod. "As you will be the ones using the car, what do you think will work best? I suggest somewhere that you can keep an eye out for it with the plants, keep your escape routes clear and protected." He glanced around to see if there were any cars or anyone about that he could see from where they were, to see if it was clear enough to cast his sensory rotes or anything else out of the ordinary that might tip them off.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:59 pm

"It could also go right, but things have been afoot. It's hard to be prepared for the unexpected but we have a task to do, we'll make as best the arrangements as we can and deal with the rest as it comes. That's why we need to be aware that this might be a trap, intentionally or not, and treat it that way."

"We will just have to prepare then and hope that nothing go south as we do this task."
Rosemary said but she did look allot more alert now than before as she realized that danger came with this mission she had been given by the Chief.

"To sacrifice them," he said. "It would take a while to explain everything but that is the essence of it. If you need to be employing that art, my suggestion is to keep it as low key as you can manage."

"So perhaps no slowing down or speeding up time then."
The young Verbena said.
"Being sacrificed by the Nephandi is not something I desire to be my end, well you have my attention at least."
She said and gave a nervous look out of the car windows.

He gave a nod. "As you will be the ones using the car, what do you think will work best? I suggest somewhere that you can keep an eye out for it with the plants, keep your escape routes clear and protected."

"Anywhere around plants would work, the parking lot behind the apartment building have quite a few bushes that would work well, just give me a second to speak with those plants and get them to keep a look out for us."
Kristina said and Rosemary nodded.
"The closer the car are the easier it is to keep track of."
The younger of the two Verbena muttered.

He glanced around to see if there were any cars or anyone about that he could see from where they were, to see if it was clear enough to cast his sensory rotes or anything else out of the ordinary that might tip them off.

There is one car driving into the parking plot of the apartment building, it seams a young woman is driving, you see a bag of groceries in the seat next to her. There are allot of cars on the main road not that far away but all in all the area is rather calm, it was probably clear enough to cast your rotes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:37 pm

"So perhaps no slowing down or speeding up time then." The young Verbena said. "Being sacrificed by the Nephandi is not something I desire to be my end, well you have my attention at least." She said and gave a nervous look out of the car windows.

"I did not mean to frighten you unduly but I thought it better to be aware of the potential for risk, given what I've come across."

Anywhere around plants would work, the parking lot behind the apartment building have quite a few bushes that would work well, just give me a second to speak with those plants and get them to keep a look out for us." Kristina said and Rosemary nodded. "The closer the car are the easier it is to keep track of."

"Very well, then," he said, waiting for them to pick a place to park. "I'll give a look over the place as well as we discussed earlier. And we'll try to cover one another's backs," he added. After a glance around for lookout he began his incantation, reaching out with his hands in signs as he made Words in body language and Voice.

// I'll put up my dice roll when I get to my dice in a few hours!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 pm

"I did not mean to frighten you unduly but I thought it better to be aware of the potential for risk, given what I've come across."

"To frighten someone unduly is cruel Mr Roth Hicks, to frighten someone when there is good cause for fear so that they may stay alert and protect themselves however is a kindness and I do thank you for that."
Rosemary said as she glanced out the window.
"And I will not let the Nephandi get me for a sacrifice."

"Very well, then," he said, waiting for them to pick a place to park.

Rosemary swung the car onto a well kept parking lot behind the gray apartment building, there where bushes and greenery surrounding the lot and the many cars belonging to the residents of the building that was placed there, mostly mid priced family cars indicating a little of who those who lived in the building where.

"I'll give a look over the place as well as we discussed earlier. And we'll try to cover one another's backs," he added. After a glance around for lookout he began his incantation, reaching out with his hands in signs as he made Words in body language and Voice.

Rosemary nodded.
"I will cover you and Kristina while you work then."
she said as she left the car and stood guard as you started your small ritual and Kristina went to plant little chips of quarts in the soil of the bushes as she muttered to them lovingly in a soft voice.
"Your hand movements are beautiful...old Hermetic sigils, they are rarely seen in used by such a young mage."
Kristina commented as she stood and went to kneel by the next bush.

(OOC: Ok then I will describe what Adley see and feel once you have rolled for him.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Friday:
On the contrary, i suggest that he belives we're going to torture him and gilgul him, so you can use that to make him talk without hurting him. When she named morgan and smiled... Tane recognized that maybe they were... close. Awww! Well, we'll make him speak, even if we have t get inside his head.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:58 am

Colin nodded, "After all those years of torment, something from the last time she was moving freely might serve to start... cushion her mind, for lack of a better term. Even if it won't help get her... communicating before we assault the Labyrinth, it might at least make her, er, passage more peaceful, if that becomes the remaining option..."
He examined the map, "So let us see, the cinema is here, it seems, which should put the manhole cover here, and the safer entrance to the Labyrinth... here. Now, their Nodes should be... hmmm..."

((OOC: Intelligence+Investigation seems the appropriate roll extrapolate descriptions into an approximate map of the Labyrinth. I'm going to use my momentum bonus success on this one, though, so that's one success plus a roll of 2,2,3,6,8. Well, two or three successes, depending on whether you set the difficulty at 6 or 7/8... I'd say that's pretty damn good for not having any actual visual confirmations of the layout...)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:52 am

"To frighten someone unduly is cruel Mr Roth Hicks, to frighten someone when there is good cause for fear so that they may stay alert and protect themselves however is a kindness and I do thank you for that." Rosemary said as she glanced out the window. "And I will not let the Nephandi get me for a sacrifice."

"I'm not entirely sure if they're still after more with those particular qualities...however it's possible and in either case bad news. Best to be aware."

Rosemary nodded. "I will cover you and Kristina while you work then."

"Thank you."

// 5, 5, 1 - *the sound players make when they botch simple effects* >.<

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:52 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "After all those years of torment, something from the last time she was moving freely might serve to start... cushion her mind, for lack of a better term. Even if it won't help get her... communicating before we assault the Labyrinth, it might at least make her, er, passage more peaceful, if that becomes the remaining option..."

"Yes...chances are that will be the only remaining option and you are right something from the last time she was free might give her some peace, and hopefully there might be a glimmer of sanity left in her, or at least madness that can be controlled to the point where she can communicate, would you like to inform the young Mercere that have agreed to try to take care of her of the suggestion of music or should I?"
Joakim asked.

He examined the map, "So let us see, the cinema is here, it seems, which should put the manhole cover here, and the safer entrance to the Labyrinth... here. Now, their Nodes should be... hmmm..."

There is a limit to what you can do with just a map, and the Nodes are impossible to find since they can be anything, of any size, but you do find an area on the map where it is doubtful that there are sewer lines, you have to confirm that with Joe once he get a look at the sewer system off course, but there is a pretty large area that would probably be a dead spot not far from the old cinema which would be a good place to put the Labyrinth and there is and entrance down to the old city ruins there that are marked as closed off, like they all are. While you work on the map you hear Joakim call Joe to get him to help out with a map of the sewer systems.
"Ah hello it is I Joakim...hum...yes...could you do me a favor and see if you can find a map of the sewer systems of Chicago and hopefully the old city as well...yes...thank you Mr Willis if you could come down to the office with that when you are done?...excellent thank you."

Adley:

"I'm not entirely sure if they're still after more with those particular qualities...however it's possible and in either case bad news. Best to be aware."

"I appreciate the warning Mr Roth Hicks."
The young Verbena said and gave you a nervous smile.
"I will keep my eyes open."

As you begin to work your rote all go well until perhaps tiredness and fatigue make you miss pronounce one key work of the working. Usually this matters little either you can just continue and regain your focus or try again, but this time that sudden break in the flow of the ritual make you loose control of it and you feel a sharp pain in your head as you try to see spirits and magick around you, make a mistake and get impatient and work a little to fast and what should have been an expansion of your senses just become a flash of light in your mind. It do not damage you in any way but it did hurt, as if your rote just exploded in your brain when it fell apart, and following that there where the sickly feeling of reality's disproval of you as Paradox settled down in your soul.

(OOC: Well at least no other Hermetics where around to see it and make fun of him for it. You get a dot of Dox and a headache.)

Tane:

On the contrary, i suggest that he belives we're going to torture him and gilgul him, so you can use that to make him talk without hurting him.

"Yes but the problem is he probably know that we are going to Gilgul him...so threatening to do so is not going to do much and the law forbid us from offering to not do so if he talk.As for torture...I do not like that but it might be our only option but again that is Jeffry Morgan's table not mine."
Cita said and again she smiles a little when she mention the old Hermetic.

When she named morgan and smiled... Tane recognized that maybe they were... close. Awww! Well, we'll make him speak, even if we have t get inside his head.

"I guess we are going to have to try friendly conversation first, everyone want something, and then see what options we are left with if the prisoner refuse to cooperate."
The Spirit Healer said and sigh.
"I am going to have to have a look at his Avatar though, find out if he is a match to Beatrice and also see if he is Fallen, though he most likely are."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:19 am

"Your hand movements are beautiful...old Hermetic sigils, they are rarely seen in used by such a young mage." Kristina commented as she stood and went to kneel by the next bush.

He cursed shortly in Greek and closed his eyes for a second as the headache blossomed. "Na pari i eychi!" Then recovering he added to Kristina, "That wasn't directed at you...the reckoner sends its regards." He seemed embarrassed and irritable for a moment but then said, "These hand gestures are more intuitive to me." Then he shook his head and then started again.

// 7, 3, 2; 4, 8, 5

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:03 am

Kristina gave a bit of a sympathetic smile.
"It happens at times, are you ok?"
She then nodded.
"I can see why, I do not often use hand gestures, but my Mentor do at times and her old Mentor again still uses the hybrid naturalist and Hermetic system that the Diedne used."
She said as she buried another quartz chip under one of the bushes.

Your rote went better this time and your mind and vision expanded, you saw the glow of magick around the bushes Kristina was working with, pure and dynamic, there was a faint glow from one of the apartments on the second floor, perhaps a lesser hedge wizard lived there, you see what have to be the protections on the apartment itself, you recognize the style of Joakim's magick for the ward. There where a few lesser spirits around, little Gafflings looking like white dogs that just went on their way without paying much attention to you though one of them looked at you and wagged it's tail. You also see the fuzzy outline of what had to be a ghost, a woman in a pink dress that stood in the middle of the parking lot weeping, a gaping hole in her head that stained her blond hair with blood.
"Do you see anything Mr Roth Hicks?"
Rosemary asked from where she was keeping an lookout.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:21 am

"Yes, thank you," he replied to Kristina. He gave a look around, noting the ghost, the apartment and the second floor room. The gaffling animal spirits. He smiled briefly as one noticed him and wagged its tail. He told Rosemary as she asked, "Yes, I do see a few things....I can see the apartment is protected. I can also see that someone on the second floor might be a hedge wizard or perhaps something else is going in that apartment...there is some faint traces of prime there." He told her which apartment. "There are some spirits here, they look something like dogs, though they do not seem hostile. And there is a ghost...a woman seems to have been shot in the head here at some point." He frowned a bit at the last. "At any rate, did you need me to watch for you as you worked?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:00 am

"Yes, thank you," he replied to Kristina. He gave a look around, noting the ghost, the apartment and the second floor room. The gaffling animal spirits. He smiled briefly as one noticed him and wagged its tail. He told Rosemary as she asked, "Yes, I do see a few things....I can see the apartment is protected. I can also see that someone on the second floor might be a hedge wizard or perhaps something else is going in that apartment...there is some faint traces of prime there." He told her which apartment.

"Hum...well that the apartment is protected is a good thing, but someone who can practice some kind of magick in one of the other apartments might be something we want to keep an eye on at least, I mean probably it is just some kind of occultist working their craft, someone who know nothing about the Ascension War and are completely harmless but we should keep it in mind that they are there at least, just to be sure."
Rosemary said.

"There are some spirits here, they look something like dogs, though they do not seem hostile

"That sounds adorable."
The young Verbena said and smiles.

And there is a ghost...a woman seems to have been shot in the head here at some point." He frowned a bit at the last.

"Poor woman...well as long as she do not seam to be hostile then I guess we do not have to worry about her, though many do use ghosts as spies so we might want to keep an eye on her."
Rosemary muttered.

"At any rate, did you need me to watch for you as you worked?"

"Yeah if you could give me a few moments to set up a few hanging spells then we will have something quick to defend ourselves with if we need it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:09 am

"Hum...well that the apartment is protected is a good thing, but someone who can practice some kind of magick in one of the other apartments might be something we want to keep an eye on at least, I mean probably it is just some kind of occultist working their craft, someone who know nothing about the Ascension War and are completely harmless but we should keep it in mind that they are there at least, just to be sure."

"Agreed...I'm not entirely sure what a ghoul might look like, either as I've never seen one while using my ars. It might be something like what I'm seeing now but as you said it might be someone doing some minor work. Do you know if the stairway or elevator is near there?"

"Poor woman...well as long as she do not seam to be hostile then I guess we do not have to worry about her, though many do use ghosts as spies so we might want to keep an eye on her." Rosemary muttered.

"Do they? Hm...well, at the moment she is preoccupied with sobbing in the middle of the parking lot...I'm not well as well versed with ghosts as umbrood."

"Yeah if you could give me a few moments to set up a few hanging spells then we will have something quick to defend ourselves with if we need it."

"Alright, then we should go," he nodded. He kept an eye out, waiting for Kristina to return to the car.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 am

"Agreed...I'm not entirely sure what a ghoul might look like, either as I've never seen one while using my ars. It might be something like what I'm seeing now but as you said it might be someone doing some minor work. Do you know if the stairway or elevator is near there?"

"The stairway is but the elevator is at the other end of the building."
Rosemary said and nodded.
"I have never met a ghoul but if they have lesser powers it might indeed look exactly like that, but I mean we can not go in there and confront them and find it is some Golden Dawn follower in the middle of his evening rituals, we would scare the guy to death."
She said and frowned.

"Do they? Hm...well, at the moment she is preoccupied with sobbing in the middle of the parking lot...I'm not well as well versed with ghosts as umbrood."

"I can not see spirits at all, but I have been told many use ghosts as spies and messengers, they are often easier to deal with than Umbrood I am told but doing so can lead to Jhor, most Necromancers have a bit of it, there is a reason why they call Jhor for Necromancer's Bane."
Rosemary muttered.
"Well in that case she is probably just mourning her death or something, we best leave her alone, or what do you think?"

"Alright, then we should go," he nodded. He kept an eye out, waiting for Kristina to return to the car.

Rosemary took a dagger from her pocket and drew a circle in the air, then she carved several symbols into her own arms, grunting a bit as she did so before she took what looked to be scrabble tiles and dipped them in the blood and chanted over them. Kristina finished burring stone chips, she then took one broken piece of crystal and placed it in a crystal cage, a spiral of metal made to quickly make any stone into a pendant, this was attached to a lobster claw clasp and this she hung in her earring so it dangled there beside the green glass beads she was already wearing then she nodded to you and returned to the car.
"The bushes have agreed to keep an look out for us."
She informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Colin shrugged slightly, "I think it might be more convenient if you pass the message on - seeing as I don't know who or how to most expediently reach the Mercere in question."
He looked over the map and drew in a few approximate room locations, according to Tian's description, and sighed, "I think I can guess at where the outer limits of the Labyrinth goes; there's sort of a forgotten patch of underground territory here... I would have liked some further details from Anna, but considering that would be betraying her, er, family, and considering her current medical state, that might be inadvisable. Plus, it might create some counterproductive animosity..."

((OOC: I'm quite aware there's very little to be divined with just a map - but remember, Tian did describe quite a few details about the place's layout. Including the Nodes there.))
((OOC2: Ouch, Adley - but at least you didn't feed cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Colin shrugged slightly, "I think it might be more convenient if you pass the message on - seeing as I don't know who or how to most expediently reach the Mercere in question."

"That works for me, I will contact her and ask how the vampire is doing and also suggest the music."
Joakim said and nodded.

He looked over the map and drew in a few approximate room locations, according to Tian's description, and sighed, "I think I can guess at where the outer limits of the Labyrinth goes; there's sort of a forgotten patch of underground territory here... I would have liked some further details from Anna, but considering that would be betraying her, er, family, and considering her current medical state, that might be inadvisable. Plus, it might create some counterproductive animosity..."

"I agree it is better to see what we can make her slip up with telling us about those who live in the Labyrinth and their abilities, names, magickal abilities, other useful skills any such details can be of use."
The Security Chief said then he looked at your drawing.
"Hum...we could always go to that area and feel for Nodes once we have a general idea of where we are looking."
He suggested.

(OOC: True, yes I had forgotten what Taian said about the Nodes sorry but anyway they are not that easy to pinpoint completely on the map but you do have the most likely location of the Labyrinth and how to get down to it.)

(OOC 2: While being close to said Volcano that the God controlled I assume? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Colin pondered, "Searching for nodes like that might work... and it might be dangerous. These would be highly Entropic nodes, within the premises of the Labyrinth. While I can't be sure, it would seem highly likely any such scans would trip some alarm down in the deeps..."

((OOC: With two, maybe three successes, I quite agree - there will be very little Colin can pinpoint. Just noted that Colin had a little more information to go on. Smile ))

((OOC2: Well, Guybrush Threepwood was kind of standing at the top of the volcano in question at the time. Ahh, The Curse of Monkey Island... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:17 pm

"You are probably right...hum...perhaps a less Awakened search then, a psychic gifted in the art of dowsing perhaps, it might trip the wards but are much less likely though than a full on rote."
Joakim pondered.
"We could ask one of our Adepts about this as well with your drawings on the map and what information we got from Mr Silverberg perhaps they can use their arts to help narrow things down further, space is after all their department and area of expertise."

(OOC: Yes you are right and I am sorry I forgot, I have not been feeling completely well the last few days. You can re do the roll if you wish since I forget how much information Colin had and if it ends up better we can say he get a stroke of brilliance while looking at the map and add some new information.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:20 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Rush help to carry the Nephandus.
"Where shall we put him...the wine cellar perhaps."
He mutters and lead the way to a small but well stocked wine cellar with racks of bottles along the walls.
"Ok let's secure him properly"
He muttered.

(OOC: Sorry I missed your post.)
(ooc its fine, been having internet issues last 2 days too.. so may have been that Smile )

Devon helps Rush secure the nephandus on the cellar floor

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:32 pm

You see that the shelves holding the wine bottles are bolted to the stone wall to binding the Nephandus to them should keep him rather securely. As you are busy binding his left wrist to the wine rack the man's eyes flutters and then he opens them and groans and immediately start to resist his bond.
"L...leave me be!"
He cried while Rush struggled to hold him.
"Settle down, I have no desire to cause you discomfort but if I have to I will."
The Verbena hissed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next