Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

5 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 24 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:42 pm

You see Adjan stand and talking with a beautiful woman in her 40's she was tall and slender with an ample bosom and long curly hair a shade somewhere between blond and red and she was wearing a white shirt and pink blouse, the Cult of Ecstasy lotus logo was carved out in mother of pearl and hung around her neck and she had several gold bangles on one wrist and a white watch with some sort of fake diamonds on it on the other. The woman smiles you you and incline her head.
"Ah you must be Mr Roth Hicks I am Loretta DeMeera bani Cult of Ecstasy."
She said softly enough not to wake up Fran and Liv.
"Like I told your Chantrymate here I am grateful for you saving my apprentice Molly...though the circumstances could be better."
She said and a bit of concern entered her pale gray green eyes.
"I am also terribly sorry your friend got hurt when the Blade of Senex apparently freed Molly however I can not say I am sorry that she is not currently in our cells awaiting extradition to Horizon...well now be that as it may I heard from Chief Joakim you needed some hanging spells?"
She said and smiled again, her voice was melodious and yet also sharp, this was a woman that was used to getting what she wanted, when she wanted it and especially from men.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13 - Page 24 Empty Re: A Rescue, A Capture and Bad Choices IC Thread 13

Post by Adley Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Adley nodded politely, as a short bow, as the woman addressed him with his name. Much as others had found, women's physical appearances seemed to have little to no effect on him, at least not in any obvious way. Though he could noted she had a nice appearance as a general concept and the details of how she looked in the event he needed to remember her or how she looked later.

He looked her in the eye but respectfully as she spoke, frowning a touch at the mention of Molly and Senex's apprentice. Her voice on the other hand was a curious thing to Adley, he found that far more interesting than her physical form. He wondered if she was a singer like Molly, but there was something else in it there. Like a knife in a sheath. Sharp words from the sword of the tongue at hand, if needed. Something that said, get to the point.

As she asked about the spells, he nodded. Then he glanced at the pair of sleeping magii as he had before, and looked apologetic. With a tilt of his head he wrote out on the notebook again. ''Yes, please. Do forgive me but I don't want to wake the others yet. There is a room we can use. I can show you.' Then to Adjan he asked, 'I know you want to stay here to watch the others, how should we work that out so you can assist us with the banishing?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Colin pondered, "Milady, I've developed a rote which might be of some use to you... A sort of quintessence funnel or drain, able to draw quintessence from any accessible source into a separate effect - such as draining a Ball of Abysmal Flame of the quintessence it has soaked up over time. Unfortunately, my skills are not entirely up to tapping a spell of that sort without triggering it, but I would hazard you have that sort of ability at hand. Theoretically, that rote of mine can drain any pattern of excess quitessence once you can get to it - and pour it directly into another effect; I have mostly used it to generate blades of primal fire as a simple means of siphoning off highly resonated quintessence or even tass, to avoid exposing my Avatar to the vile stuff. I've got the paperwork to file for it, but it would seem to me you could find that rote quite useful to, hm, help recharge in a pinch. I would be quite prepared to teach you its workings once I have the patent in place - which would likely be sometime over the next couple of weeks."
He smiled, "True, the gameplay of those days was often simple and smooth... but it would seem modern hardware has some occasional issues in getting the speed right."
He nodded darkly, "It does seem there's some such danger involved. A... friend of mine has a part of an umbrood stuck in his Avatar; a rather unexpected complication after the umbrood was brutalized by a desperate Nephandus... They've formed a sort of friendly bond, but God knows what might have happened had the shard been terrified, hostile and aggressive... I would not want to dabble with that sort of magic directly from the sentencing hall, no."

He frowned at Joe, "You know, there are biographies that make for quite good reading without getting 'stuffy', as you put it. Granted, some of those biographies might embellish a few details and offer some minor inaccuracies, but at least they usually cover the salient points of the events in question."
He grinned, "Of course, Madame Rose would favour a cup of tea; she does have a certain... Victorian air about her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Adley:

With a tilt of his head he wrote out on the notebook again. ''Yes, please. Do forgive me but I don't want to wake the others yet. There is a room we can use. I can show you.'

Loretta read the note and nodded if she was in any way annoyed or confused that the Hermetic replied to her greeting in writing it did not show.
"Very well lead the way Mr Roth Hicks."
She said as she regarded you for a moment, she was a woman who knew there where more to a person than what where said or immediately apparent and she clearly liked to try to figure out just who she was dealing with.

Then to Adjan he asked, 'I know you want to stay here to watch the others, how should we work that out so you can assist us with the banishing?

"Someone have to watch over Liv, so I will have to wake Fran up so she can take care of the girl while I help out with the banishing magick."
Adjan said.
"I think it should be fine, we could all need more sleep but she hae at least gotten some rest."

Colin:

Colin pondered, "Milady, I've developed a rote which might be of some use to you... A sort of quintessence funnel or drain, able to draw quintessence from any accessible source into a separate effect - such as draining a Ball of Abysmal Flame of the quintessence it has soaked up over time. Unfortunately, my skills are not entirely up to tapping a spell of that sort without triggering it, but I would hazard you have that sort of ability at hand.

"Hum...interesting...yes I have such abilities as you speak of Mr Wainwright."
Daisy said and nodded.
"Indeed such a rote would be most useful."

Theoretically, that rote of mine can drain any pattern of excess quitessence once you can get to it - and pour it directly into another effect; I have mostly used it to generate blades of primal fire as a simple means of siphoning off highly resonated quintessence or even tass, to avoid exposing my Avatar to the vile stuff. I've got the paperwork to file for it, but it would seem to me you could find that rote quite useful to, hm, help recharge in a pinch. I would be quite prepared to teach you its workings once I have the patent in place - which would likely be sometime over the next couple of weeks."

"Hum...yes that do seam like it would be useful to get rid of corrupted or highly Resonated Quintessence yes and indeed I should be able to use it to recharge in a pinch, you have my interest good Sir and I am sure that once you have the paperwork in order I should be able to provide some sort of instruction or service to replay you for teaching me the rote."
The Cyborg said and nodded.
"Thank you for the kindness."

He smiled, "True, the gameplay of those days was often simple and smooth... but it would seem modern hardware has some occasional issues in getting the speed right."

"Indeed emulation can be bothersome but there are some good ones out there and one can off course also use vintage hardware if one really want the authentic experience."

He nodded darkly, "It does seem there's some such danger involved. A... friend of mine has a part of an umbrood stuck in his Avatar; a rather unexpected complication after the umbrood was brutalized by a desperate Nephandus... They've formed a sort of friendly bond, but God knows what might have happened had the shard been terrified, hostile and aggressive... I would not want to dabble with that sort of magic directly from the sentencing hall, no."

"Oh my that do sound bothersome indeed, and quite terrifying."
Daisy exclaimed.
"Let us hope there is never to many of such splinters in one place then it could make Umbra travel rather perilous."

He frowned at Joe, "You know, there are biographies that make for quite good reading without getting 'stuffy', as you put it. Granted, some of those biographies might embellish a few details and offer some minor inaccuracies, but at least they usually cover the salient points of the events in question."

"Yeah, the thing is I do not read allot of books you see. I sort of prefer to google anything I am wondering about..."
Joe said and scratched his head again.
"Though I am sure books about old dead dudes are fascinating Sir."

He grinned, "Of course, Madame Rose would favour a cup of tea; she does have a certain... Victorian air about her."

"Yes, well that was the era when she was a young woman and she have never quite let go of it."
Hans said and smiled.
"She was one of the first women to be let into the Sons of Ether, in fact she was taken as an apprentice by one before the ban on women members where lifted and she served as as an assistant until she could be officially recognized as a member, or so she tells me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Colin nodded, "Capital. I'm sure there is much you could teach me - different methods notwithstanding - and I'd be delighted to, heh, show off an innovation or two."
He smiled, "Oh, I do have sort-of access to my old computer. Unfortunately, it is in my parents' attic, in England. I saw no point in bringing it over, due to the rather peculiar decision to have 120 Volts as the standard outlet voltage, compared to the 230 Volts one gets in Europe. When I moved, I brought very little in the way of electronics with me, due to the absolute nightmare adapters posed... I will admit, though, the USB phone chargers have become a boon, as such. But flying to England might be a bit excessive just to relive a few memories from my childhood."
He frowned, "I fear the Fallen might be using such shards deliberately, actually - as a means of laying mines for Traditionalists pursuing them. It's a nasty sort of business."

He sighed exasperatedly, "Please tell me you at least have read some other books than the assigned reading in school? Or at least occasionally indulge in an audio book?"
He nodded, "And yet, the good lady is reluctant to approve of renaming the Tradition to the Children of Ether... Well, that's a little while off yet; not until the next Primi takes over..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Colin nodded, "Capital. I'm sure there is much you could teach me - different methods notwithstanding - and I'd be delighted to, heh, show off an innovation or two."

"Very well then Mr Wainwright I will look forward to it, and I am sure Anat can show of some of her cooking while you are visiting. We can discuss what you wish to learn from me when you drop by after the paperwork is done."

He smiled, "Oh, I do have sort-of access to my old computer. Unfortunately, it is in my parents' attic, in England. I saw no point in bringing it over, due to the rather peculiar decision to have 120 Volts as the standard outlet voltage, compared to the 230 Volts one gets in Europe. When I moved, I brought very little in the way of electronics with me, due to the absolute nightmare adapters posed... I will admit, though, the USB phone chargers have become a boon, as such. But flying to England might be a bit excessive just to relive a few memories from my childhood."

"Yes...well getting a vintage computer that run your old favorites should not be to hard on ebay or better yet at a thrift store, one that run on the American voltage system I mean, it should not set you back to much."
Daisy suggested.
"I got a couple a few years ago and have had some fun with them in my spare time. They did not cost me that much I sent Julaner to a second hand store for them."

He frowned, "I fear the Fallen might be using such shards deliberately, actually - as a means of laying mines for Traditionalists pursuing them. It's a nasty sort of business."

"That is not a pleasant thought Mr Wainwright."
Daisy said and sigh
"Nasty indeed, where have you heard this? If you do not mind me asking good Sir?"

He sighed exasperatedly, "Please tell me you at least have read some other books than the assigned reading in school? Or at least occasionally indulge in an audio book?"

"I have read some comic books and allot of technical manuals for computers if that counts? I have never listened to an audio book no, but I do watch youtube videos."
Joe said and smiled. Hans looked down into his coffee, he probably felt that his professional integrity as a high school teacher would be questioned any moment.

He nodded, "And yet, the good lady is reluctant to approve of renaming the Tradition to the Children of Ether... Well, that's a little while off yet; not until the next Primi takes over..."

"Madeline is...set in her ways and she have internalized the social norms of her youth, she do not want to lead Morningstar when Martin...finally either dies or go Marauder as she do not think a woman should lead a Chantry."
Hans said a bit sadly.
"Hum Society of Ether...good name...a new Primus of the Etherites? This was something you have seen in your visions right?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Loretta read the note and nodded if she was in any way annoyed or confused that the Hermetic replied to her greeting in writing it did not show. "Very well lead the way Mr Roth Hicks." She said as she regarded you for a moment...

He gave a nod and then turned to his chantrymate to hear what he said to his reply. He knew the woman was probably wondering quite a few things, naturally but there was no time to indulge at the moment.

"Someone have to watch over Liv, so I will have to wake Fran up so she can take care of the girl while I help out with the banishing magick. Adjan said. "I think it should be fine, we could all need more sleep but she hae at least gotten some rest."

He nodded, made a little walking gesture across his hand and then pointed at himself and their new arrival. Then gave Loretta a small smile and gestured back down the hall again, this time starting to walk to the room Colin had talked about, waiting for her to come along with him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:01 pm

He gave a nod and then turned to his chantrymate to hear what he said to his reply. He knew the woman was probably wondering quite a few things, naturally but there was no time to indulge at the moment.

Loretta did not ask she just was quiet as you turned to hear what Adjan had to say, yes she was wondering about what was going on but she assumed she would get her answers in time.

He nodded, made a little walking gesture across his hand and then pointed at himself and their new arrival. Then gave Loretta a small smile and gestured back down the hall again, this time starting to walk to the room Colin had talked about, waiting for her to come along with him.

Adjan just nodded, he would gently wake Fran and then come after you and Loretta. You lead the way to a sitting room next to the one you and your group had been given, is was rather similar, it did not appear to be a bathroom in this one, but it was the same type of furniture even if things in this room where in blue, the wallpaper, rug and furniture was all of good quality but old and worn, Morningstar did not seam to concerned with changing something out while it could still be used, but it was comfortable enough and you can imagine small groups of magi gathering here in the evenings to chat or perhaps enjoy a meal together or a board game.

Loretta settled down in one of the blue chairs and leaned back.
"So Mr Roth Hicks I was told you needed some hanging spells."
She repeated a touch impatient.
"And that our Paradigms might be more compatible than that of Master Harris. Lady Crexia might be your best bet but she is in a Council meeting so I am afraid you are stuck with me then."
She said with a measured smile in that melodious and yet sharp voice of hers.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:11 pm

"I apologize, I did not know that there would be anyone sleeping when I asked the Chief to meet there," he said by way of explaining his behavior. "Yes, there are two we have in mind. One is a banishing spell with allowances for particular spirits that I will need to work with. That will be a joint working with the man you saw in the other room and the other is a blanket of silence that I only wish to use if we need it, sort of an emergency backup. I am unsure how paradox manifests when it comes to these types of things as I do not study the ars of time."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Colin nodded and grinned, "That would be excellent. Assuming that by cooking you are referring to food, I might bring some of my own family recipes along at the same time. Anat might find some grounds for gigglefits, if nothing else, from the English kitchen."
He sighed sadly, "The problem, of course, with getting thirty years old computers is that they are likely to have suffered decay, the software tapes are hard to acquire, and new spare parts are virtually impossible to come by."
He frowned, "Then again, restoring materials to an earlier state should be within the grasp of an Initiate of Time and Matter, I suppose... Silly me to worry about that sort of thing, really..."
He thought for a moment, "The first I learned of the possibility of such shards was a few days ago, when my friend caught that umbrood fragment. After that, I cross-referenced the hypothesis that similar shards might be left behind by a shredded Avatar. And then we learned that the Fallen in Boston have recently started... eliminating widderslainte for their own nefarious purposes, to the extent of draining their allied Labyrinths' denizens for it. So do I have evidence they are doing it to lay mines like that? Not really... but my hypotheses have recently shown to frequently be at least... close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades, as it were. I fear the Fallen have come up with such a plan - I don't know it for certain, but I would not put it past them..."

He shook his head sadly and gave Hans a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, "If it helps, I've got some botched silverware in my shop, too... We can't succeed in every way every time..."
He smiled wryly, "So she has, and I find it rather peculiar that she is disinterested in leadership, to be honest. After all, Queen Victoria was very much a woman, too - as is Elizabeth the Second, for that matter, and several other sovereign queens throughout history. Still, I suppose some people are more than content to don the mantle of Vizier rather than Caliph, in a manner of speaking... And they'll be the Children of Ether, not Society... Their new Prima will be appointed within few years - she'll have exponentially increased Horizon's aerial defenses within two decades. Vision indeed."

((OOC: Well, sonofabitch, now I don't remember precisely how much Colin knows of the recent shard problems Tane's been sorting out in Boston, but I would think it's not much. But trying to dig through the past few threads for a fragment of a conversation is... grounds to consult a proctologist. Shocked ))
((OOC2: Poor Adley, trying to be polite, quiet and overcome the lack of an indoor voice... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:26 am

Adley:

"I apologize, I did not know that there would be anyone sleeping when I asked the Chief to meet there," he said by way of explaining his behavior.

"Very well, I understand Mr Roth Hicks."
Loretta said politely though it was clear she did not really understand why it was such a problem, after all the two magi had not woken up by her and Adjan speaking.

"Yes, there are two we have in mind. One is a banishing spell with allowances for particular spirits that I will need to work with. That will be a joint working with the man you saw in the other room and the other is a blanket of silence that I only wish to use if we need it, sort of an emergency backup. I am unsure how paradox manifests when it comes to these types of things as I do not study the ars of time."

"I see, very well I can try to help the two of you accomplish this yes."
The Cultist said and nodded.
"Though it would require us doing some sort of ritual together basically what I do is freeze the time when the rote would activate and store the effect to use when need be, to put it in an very inelegant way. I will need to be a part of the working in question to do so. As for Paradox well in my experience it tend to happen when reality is changed, so that means when the effect is used and is shared by the magi involved in casting the effect, so that means all of us."
She said and frowned.
"Plus some extra for me for the freezing of time around the effects in the first place."

Colin:

Colin nodded and grinned, "That would be excellent. Assuming that by cooking you are referring to food, I might bring some of my own family recipes along at the same time. Anat might find some grounds for gigglefits, if nothing else, from the English kitchen."

"Yes I do mean food Mr Wainwright, I do not eat, but I am told she is an excellent cook."
Daisy said a bit sadly then she continued.
"Ah yes the many words who's popular use for other...thing have forever sullied and made...hilarious."

He sighed sadly, "The problem, of course, with getting thirty years old computers is that they are likely to have suffered decay, the software tapes are hard to acquire, and new spare parts are virtually impossible to come by."

"Yes but there are specialty shops online for that that cater to enthusiasts also magick can be a wonderful thing Mr Wainwright, reversing the decay to an old computer system and if done discreetly reality usually do not get to stern about it either."

He frowned, "Then again, restoring materials to an earlier state should be within the grasp of an Initiate of Time and Matter, I suppose... Silly me to worry about that sort of thing, really..."

"Not silly Mr Wainwright but yes we do have some tools at our disposal that others do not. I do prefer Entropy for such though if the system is just old, it can take the decay right out of it."

He thought for a moment, "The first I learned of the possibility of such shards was a few days ago, when my friend caught that umbrood fragment. After that, I cross-referenced the hypothesis that similar shards might be left behind by a shredded Avatar. And then we learned that the Fallen in Boston have recently started... eliminating widderslainte for their own nefarious purposes, to the extent of draining their allied Labyrinths' denizens for it.

"Oh dear but is not that rather stupid of them Mr Wainwright, taking out their own people will weaken them."
Daisy said sounding rather confused.
"I see, so then shards are left behind from these unfortunate widderslainte then? I know they are Fallen but I can not help but feel horror and pity for them."
She said softly.

So do I have evidence they are doing it to lay mines like that? Not really... but my hypotheses have recently shown to frequently be at least... close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades, as it were. I fear the Fallen have come up with such a plan - I don't know it for certain, but I would not put it past them..."

"Well that is quite disturbing Mr Wainwright, have you gone to the Enforcers with this information so they can warn people?"
She asked quite horrified.
"I am also wondering why the Nephandi would do this, just laying traps do not seam to be a good enough reason to decimate their own troops."

He shook his head sadly and gave Hans a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, "If it helps, I've got some botched silverware in my shop, too... We can't succeed in every way every time..."

Hans gave a bit of a smile.
"Joe is a good kid and I could not be more proud Mr Wainwright but his lack of interest in books are a bit of a sore spot."
He said and Joe gave him an apologetic look.

He smiled wryly, "So she has, and I find it rather peculiar that she is disinterested in leadership, to be honest. After all, Queen Victoria was very much a woman, too - as is Elizabeth the Second, for that matter, and several other sovereign queens throughout history. Still, I suppose some people are more than content to don the mantle of Vizier rather than Caliph, in a manner of speaking...

"Very true, then again both Victoria and Elisabeth came to power because there where no men available to take the throne, at least none that fit politically, not that they did not do a good job once they where at it."
Hans said and shook his head.
"I have never seen any indication that woman make worse leaders than men, many make better ones. Now yes if we look at statistics women tend to be less ambitious than men but statistics is not everything, however I guess at times it is hard to give up the ways you are grown up with."
He said and sigh.

And they'll be the Children of Ether, not Society... Their new Prima will be appointed within few years - she'll have exponentially increased Horizon's aerial defenses within two decades. Vision indeed."

"Hum...Hastings then, she is the only woman that highly placed within the Sons of Ether, and I have suspected for some time that Dr Spence where getting tired of being on the Council, he is a good man mind you, but he suffers from rather bad social anxieties so having to deal with his duties as one of the Nine must be difficult."
Hans said then he nodded.
"Good, if you are right then I believe Miss Hastings or the admiral as she is jokingly called as she is in charge of Horizon's fleet of Umbral ships, will do a good job as a Prima for her Tradition."

((OOC: I think he knows that a woman from Riverside was hurt and that more shards where found. He knows about Martha and that Chief Morgan is trying to locate her and that widderslainte have been going missing courtesy of "The Italians" and that Jeffry hope that Martha might be some help there. What he have told Daisy is withing what he knows.)

(OOC:Well Hermetics always where such loud mouths. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:39 am

You still need to go and rest. Not every day you must stay out of trouble, but today you need no more action. Tane said
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:57 am

"Do not worry about me Tane, if that is all that is keeping you from action then know that I am fine, I need to rest yes but so do many, there have been a crisis and it is not yet over, and know that I am strong."
Coawa said as he looked at you.
"I can go home alone as well, I do not like to leave Alessa and Paula alone to long not when there is this much danger around."
He added.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:49 am

I want to check up on them as well, and in any case i belive i want some peace too, a little of it at least. Tane said. Tomorrow will be a new day and crisis would be there, just waiting for you to kick it's ass. take it easy
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:49 am

"Very well, I understand Mr Roth Hicks." Loretta said politely though it was clear she did not really understand why it was such a problem

He did not seem to be inclined to further elaborate on his own, especially as the woman sounded a bit impatient as it was.

"I see, very well I can try to help the two of you accomplish this yes." The Cultist said and nodded. "Though it would require us doing some sort of ritual together basically what I do is freeze the time when the rote would activate and store the effect to use when need be, to put it in an very inelegant way. I will need to be a part of the working in question to do so. As for Paradox well in my experience it tend to happen when reality is changed, so that means when the effect is used and is shared by the magi involved in casting the effect, so that means all of us." She said and frowned. "Plus some extra for me for the freezing of time around the effects in the first place."

"Thank you for your help and explanation. With the banishing work, I cannot allow the Names of those I would like to allow inside to be known by others. I hope this is not offensive to you but they were entrusted to me and I must safeguard them. Mr Terach has said he will use earplugs, but I do not know your methodology other than it is closer than a technomancer's is likely to be, so I do not know how this will affect you working with us. I am a Hermetic of House Flambeau. I have worked with my associate before, though our Traditions are different. How does triggering the effect work, if you bestow it to us to use?"

// lol, well I do tend to play the flaws, so yes bit of a conundrum between a rock and a polite place.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:55 am

Tane:

Coawa nodded then he sigh.
"If we manage to stop the Nephandi there might be more than one more day brother, but I am concerned, everyone at the Chantry is tense, this is not some little incursion is it? The bloody Qyrl mages mean business."
He muttered angrily as the bus drove up to the stop.
"Very well let us go home and see what the girls are up to."
He said and sigh.

Adley:

He did not seem to be inclined to further elaborate on his own, especially as the woman sounded a bit impatient as it was.

Loretta said nothing more about it and let the matter drop.

"Thank you for your help and explanation. With the banishing work, I cannot allow the Names of those I would like to allow inside to be known by others. I hope this is not offensive to you but they were entrusted to me and I must safeguard them. Mr Terach has said he will use earplugs, but I do not know your methodology other than it is closer than a technomancer's is likely to be, so I do not know how this will affect you working with us.

"Hum...impractical I do not like to be deprived of one sense in the presence of two strangers, I hope that do not insult you Mr Roth Hicks...however I will agree to it, keeping a promise is important, hell it is even in our laws, so I will agree to use earplugs."
Loretta said straight forwardly.
"I usually use song, but anything that will put me in a trance state will do, I can use certain plants if need be but I prefer not to as I favor being able to get out of said trance again when I decide."
She said and it was clear she was cautious, not the first to trust anyone and that she had probably seen her fair share of trouble from the way she spoke.

I am a Hermetic of House Flambeau. I have worked with my associate before, though our Traditions are different. How does triggering the effect work, if you bestow it to us to use?"

"Hum...a Hermetic...Greek Egyptian ritual magick then...not my regular cup of tea I prefer things simpler but perhaps we can cobble something together though chants, other than that I have studied the roots of both of our Traditions, for historical curiosity really and we might be able to pull something from that."
She said and leaned back.
"I prefer to tie my handing spells into glass beads and then break them when activating them...it have a nice symbolic value, tied into glass, frozen into place, but if you prefer some other kind of breakable I am sure I can deliver. Some tie them into words or gestures but I have not really had much luck putting them into anything...you know not touchable, I am a physical kind of girl."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Colin chuckled, "Actually, I do believe the etymology is different in most cases - quirky little dialects where the rude word is pronounced differently from the dish, and then the dish gains wider recognition..."
He frowned, "Of course, I could probably use Entropy, too - and sooner..."
He shook his head, "I believe the Nephandi are using widderslaintes for sacrificial purposes - there's power to be had in that way; power they mean to dedicate to summoning an Aswadim... Any scattered shards that might make the region troublesome is likely just an extra bonus. This is why they need to be stopped. No, they're not being foolish and wasteful about it - I fear they've been planning this, working dedicated to this for decades. There was a matter of a Riverside Chantry member who suffered an unusual injury in the Umbra in Boston; I can't be certain, but I think it was speculated that such a shard was to blame. Whether it was deliberate or accidental, though, I can't say."
He sighed, "I know... I heard a recovered phone call from one of the former widderslaintes, to her apprentice here in Chicago... It was heartbreaking, evil hag dedicated to Armageddon or not..."

He grinned mischievously at Joe, "Well, I suppose throwing the kid back in the smelter is out of the question anyway. But if he can't be convinced to pick up the kindle app or something, at least you could try to steer him toward audio books proper... Perhaps some decent science fiction classics might be appropriate; Verne, Wells, that sort?"
He pondered, "From what I've seen, women might not be less ambitious, so much as more able to plan multilaterally - establishing a broader, better supported baseline before advancing. Less likely, perhaps, to commence a war of aggression, but more likely to ultimately come out on top."
He nodded, "Yes, the magnificent Admiral Hastings. Good leader, great radio voice. I've never spoken with her, or even seen her, of course, but I still remember the steel and compassion in her voice over the comms when I, well... Ehum, twenty years ahead of myself there. Hm, I can sympathize with Dr. Spence, though - I have similar difficulties with crowds... I might be ambitious, but a Seat is a bit more than I'd like to have a go at..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Colin chuckled, "Actually, I do believe the etymology is different in most cases - quirky little dialects where the rude word is pronounced differently from the dish, and then the dish gains wider recognition..."

"Ah yes you are probably right. At times language is fascinating though, how it change and evolve with the times and the habits of the day, it is like a living thing in itself...then again that should not surprise anyone, most things are alive in some way, you but need the eyes to see."
Daisy said as she walked beside you.

He frowned, "Of course, I could probably use Entropy, too - and sooner..."

"I have a most nifty little rote for that Mr Wainwright if I may say so myself, it is an app on my phone, I would be happy to send it to you if you think you will be able to work it."
The Cyborg offered.

He shook his head, "I believe the Nephandi are using widderslaintes for sacrificial purposes - there's power to be had in that way; power they mean to dedicate to summoning an Aswadim... Any scattered shards that might make the region troublesome is likely just an extra bonus. This is why they need to be stopped.

"It seams there is no bounds to their debauchery or the lengths they will go to, yes indeed they need to be stopped good Sir, I just hope we can pull it off."
Daisy said and she sounded angry at the Fallen and what they where doing.
"We need to take these two Labyrinths down...and before they achieve their goals."
She muttered.
"Indeed we do."

No, they're not being foolish and wasteful about it - I fear they've been planning this, working dedicated to this for decades. There was a matter of a Riverside Chantry member who suffered an unusual injury in the Umbra in Boston; I can't be certain, but I think it was speculated that such a shard was to blame. Whether it was deliberate or accidental, though, I can't say."

"Someone is hurt? Well I hope they will recover quickly. Riverside that is a small Chantry in Boston is it not?"
Daisy asked.
"Hum...troublesome times, very troublesome."

He sighed, "I know... I heard a recovered phone call from one of the former widderslaintes, to her apprentice here in Chicago... It was heartbreaking, evil hag dedicated to Armageddon or not..."

"I see and by former widderslainte you mean...ohhh...yes I can imagine, even if the woman is as you say an evil had dedicated to bringing about the end of everything...one can not help but feel compassion for someone in such a situation."
Daisy said and shuddered.

He grinned mischievously at Joe, "Well, I suppose throwing the kid back in the smelter is out of the question anyway. But if he can't be convinced to pick up the kindle app or something, at least you could try to steer him toward audio books proper... Perhaps some decent science fiction classics might be appropriate; Verne, Wells, that sort?"

Hans sigh and shook his head.
"I have tried...I might try buying him a kindle though, see if that helps. Or I could try to lock him in a room with nothing to do other than books to read, however the problem with that is that the kid teleports."
He said and Joe gave him a bit of a glare.
"You know I am right here?"
He protested and Hans patted his apprentice on the shoulder and just continued.
"The problem is that we Virtual Adepts are information mages, not just computers, information, and he boy is ignoring one rather vital source of information."
He said and Joe griped at him.

He pondered, "From what I've seen, women might not be less ambitious, so much as more able to plan multilaterally - establishing a broader, better supported baseline before advancing. Less likely, perhaps, to commence a war of aggression, but more likely to ultimately come out on top."

"You may be right about that Mr Wainwright."
Hans said.
"I am not so sure you want to tell Lady Crexia that she is less ambitious for having tits."
Joe said and Hans frowned.
"I am pretty sure you do not want to refer to any part of Lady Crexia's body with such terms Joe you know that little Protocols about respecting those of greater knowledge? Yeah she knows more than you kid."
Hans said and Joe griped.
"Yeah, yeah but the old lady is not here right now now is she."

He nodded, "Yes, the magnificent Admiral Hastings. Good leader, great radio voice. I've never spoken with her, or even seen her, of course, but I still remember the steel and compassion in her voice over the comms when I, well... Ehum, twenty years ahead of myself there. Hm, I can sympathize with Dr. Spence, though - I have similar difficulties with crowds... I might be ambitious, but a Seat is a bit more than I'd like to have a go at..."

"I have met Miss Hastings once, I was sent to negotiate on behalf of Morningstar to a gathering technomancers on Horizon, she is quite impressive, and she will listen and do not much care what your rank is. As for Dr Spence I have met him to, all Virtual Adepts owe him gratitude and it was him who championed us all to get into the Traditions, if not for him we would all be dead, prisoners of MECHA or worse, but yes you can take one look at the man and see that he is tired, he is a good man mind you, a very good man, but he might not be the best leader or at least not to an entire Tradition, not that it is my place to judge the skills of one of the Nine."
Hans said softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Colin smiled, "Every rock and tree and creature... My seeming lack of the knack for seeing spirits notwithstanding, I have noticed how everything seems to live and breathe in its own way. An old house, a roaring inferno, even little variations in the stewpot from one serving to another..."
He shook his head sadly, "I'm afraid technomancy is not something I find myself able to do. However, I might be able to understand the workings of it if you were to explain the logical structure of it. I can't understand the programming you use; not even remotely - but I did take a programming class in my youth, and the core logic of it seems to remain even with your rather expanded scope."
He smiled darkly, "We know where they are... and we know which is more time-critical; the resource provider in Chicago must be stopped first."
He nodded, "Riverside is, as I understand it, a modest but capable Chantry. Good people."
He grimaced, "Precisely... There's a further complication I cannot address, as well... A political one."

Colin gave Joe a grin, "Ah, don't worry about it, we're just old and gripe about what we grew up with as a precious commodity that has since seen a rather nasty decline... But you really ought to keep in mind that books are a valuable data source; it's one that is not harmed by magnetic fields, and which is still remains available if the electricity should be cut. And, unlike your phone, a book can be used to create an ordinary campfire in an emergency."
He frowned at Joe, "I said women might be less aggressive, not less ambitious. And seeing as that noble lady is on the premises... well, there are stories of wizards knowing when someone speaks their name, and what is said about them... You may have heard the line about them being subtle and quick to anger?"
He nodded thoughtfully, "Some people are perfect to lead under specific circumstances, and less ideal under other circumstances. Churchill was the perfect Prime Minister during World War II, for example, but we just had to get rid of him as soon as the European battles came to an end. Some are just good at leading through a crisis, but severely more strained by the logistics of peace... The general and the administrator are both needed, as they offer very different skills..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:26 pm

they're active, dangerous and far more than what i spected. I had never seen so much mages in one place, and that tends to atract them. I fear we come too late to stop a lot of them from dancing the black spiral
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Colin smiled, "Every rock and tree and creature... My seeming lack of the knack for seeing spirits notwithstanding, I have noticed how everything seems to live and breathe in its own way. An old house, a roaring inferno, even little variations in the stewpot from one serving to another..."

"I do not see spirits either Mr Wainwright, however I know they are there and that there is life in allot of things we do not usually see as such. I do not see spirits but I feel minds and there are so many out there, so many things think and are alive, at least for some definition of life."
Daisy said and nodded.

He shook his head sadly, "I'm afraid technomancy is not something I find myself able to do. However, I might be able to understand the workings of it if you were to explain the logical structure of it. I can't understand the programming you use; not even remotely - but I did take a programming class in my youth, and the core logic of it seems to remain even with your rather expanded scope."

"I can explain the logic behind the rote yes though it will probably take more time than we have right now Mr Wainwright."
The Cyborg said.
"It should not be that complicated and there are many similar workings out there, the idea is to turn back entropy and reverse it, making something be like if it was new again, or at least functional."

He smiled darkly, "We know where they are... and we know which is more time-critical; the resource provider in Chicago must be stopped first."

"I agree."
Was all Daisy had to say about that.

He nodded, "Riverside is, as I understand it, a modest but capable Chantry. Good people."

"I have heard good things about them, they are lead by a African Dreamspeaker and an old Cultist if I do not remember it wrong."

He grimaced, "Precisely... There's a further complication I cannot address, as well... A political one."

Daisy nodded.
"Say no more kind Sir I will not ask I would not want to pry."

Colin gave Joe a grin, "Ah, don't worry about it, we're just old and gripe about what we grew up with as a precious commodity that has since seen a rather nasty decline... But you really ought to keep in mind that books are a valuable data source; it's one that is not harmed by magnetic fields, and which is still remains available if the electricity should be cut. And, unlike your phone, a book can be used to create an ordinary campfire in an emergency."

"Yeah I guess that they are a data source Sir but...they are just so quiet and they do not flash or play music or do anything, they just sit there I prefer games."
Joe said hesitantly.
"But sure if it is that important to you old guys I will read a book."
He said and sigh in defeat. Hans gave a bit of a grin and gave you a grateful nod.
"I will hold you to that kid."
He and and Joe sigh again.
"I know you will Mentor...I know you will."

He frowned at Joe, "I said women might be less aggressive, not less ambitious. And seeing as that noble lady is on the premises... well, there are stories of wizards knowing when someone speaks their name, and what is said about them... You may have heard the line about them being subtle and quick to anger?"

"Shit..."
Joe muttered.
"I did not think about that."
Then he added in a softer tone of voice.
"Ok if you are listening in Lady Crexia I am sorry I spoke about your tits...ehm...boobs...ehm...br...you know what just sorry ok..."
He said and Hans could not help but laugh.
"You could not dig yourself deeper if I gave you a shovel kid."
He muttered.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Some people are perfect to lead under specific circumstances, and less ideal under other circumstances. Churchill was the perfect Prime Minister during World War II, for example, but we just had to get rid of him as soon as the European battles came to an end. Some are just good at leading through a crisis, but severely more strained by the logistics of peace... The general and the administrator are both needed, as they offer very different skills..."

"You are right about that, perhaps that is why Lady Crexia turned down the offer to become Deacon Prima after Master Martin...she is a good leader when it comes to politics, a brilliant politician but Morningstar while big tend to not involve ourself to much into the cut throat politics, we prefer as much peace an quiet as a mage can hope for, not that there are not politics, but they are not like her own Chantry in Brazil...which they say have seen more mages "accidentally" fall down stairs or off a rail into the huge waterfall basin the place is located over than you can shake a stick at."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:53 pm

"Perhaps our spirit brothers and sisters guided us here for a reason Tane, perhaps it is here we are needed because the corrupted ones are so active."
Coawa said and looked at his friend.
"We have a fight on our hands, we can do some good, perhaps the spirits are using us as instruments to help save this city. I have learned to trust them when they come calling, and they did guide us here."
Then he nodded.
"Yes there are more mages here than back home, but these Traditionalists that your group have joined do seam to enjoy lumping together into tummul...ehm...what...ah yes Chatries like schools of fish and that tend to attract predators even if it also give safety in numbers."
He said in agreement.
"Some of them will dance the black spiral and we will kill those and save the others, it is never to late brother, even when the situation seam hopeless, we will find the fomori we are looking for, and their Qyrl tainted brethren and crush their skulls with our jaws."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Colin nodded, "Without a monocle and a special rote, I can't see the wind... I can see plants bend and water curl when it blows, though - some times, all you need to see is the footprints something leaves to know it is there."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I can manipulate probability with quite a bit of finesse... Pull back decay and deterioration should be feasible, as well, I think; I'm certainly having an easy enough time spotting it in my work, even if I usually just set those materials aside for expediency..."
He pondered, "I'm afraid I'm none too familiar with the politics of Riverside, as such - I know they have an excellent car mechanic there, but that's largely it. I... don't often deal with groups of people. It makes me uneasy."

He pondered for a moment, "Actually, Joe... did you ever watch the TV show Babylon 5? There's a book trilogy based on the series - 'Passing of the Technomages' - I think that might be perfect for your particular skills."
He chuckled, "Good thing she seems to have a sense of humour... I can think of few things that scare me more than a patient, indestructible, unkillable Mage with centuries of experience and a grudge... And I've bounced back stronger from an attack that would make most Magi wet themselves. Today."
He frowned, "I imagine having such accidents repeatedly would get old quickly for someone who cannot be killed by the injuries... Not to mention grounds for overt conflict. Time-honoured political tradition or not, that sort of incident is always so much more troublesome when the intended victim refuses to play along. Not, of course, that I condone that sort of drastic measures."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:31 pm

.impractical I do not like to be deprived of one sense in the presence of two strangers, I hope that do not insult you Mr Roth Hicks...however I will agree to it, keeping a promise is important, hell it is even in our laws, so I will agree to use earplugs."

"No, that is not insulting, I understand your reluctance." He looked thoughtful as she spoke, trying to figure out another work around as a backup.

"I usually use song, but anything that will put me in a trance state will do, I can use certain plants if need be but I prefer not to as I favor being able to get out of said trance again when I decide."

"I see. Well, then it might be necessary to speak the Names...for me anyway to make sense of it at least for now." He scratched at his hair and pushed at it, considering their three different methods. "I suppose if I need to sing, I could. I am not the best, but I can carry a tune. I usually chant, tonal chants or plainchants."

"Hum...a Hermetic...Greek Egyptian ritual magick then...not my regular cup of tea I prefer things simpler but perhaps we can cobble something together though chants, other than that I have studied the roots of both of our Traditions, for historical curiosity really and we might be able to pull something from that."

"At various roots, yes. Greek, Egyptian, and also Latin conversions and adaptations that came later. I have been able to work a ritual with others in Greek or Coptic, as long as some of the components stay the same - a start, the middle so to speak where the work is done and a closing, that would help me immensely. I think the silence blanket will be simpler to do, as it will just be the two of us, and it is just an incantation repeated until the effect builds to the right peak."

"I prefer to tie my handing spells into glass beads and then break them when activating them...it have a nice symbolic value, tied into glass, frozen into place, but if you prefer some other kind of breakable I am sure I can deliver. Some tie them into words or gestures but I have not really had much luck putting them into anything...you know not touchable, I am a physical kind of girl."

"I think that would work well enough for me," he said. "As long as it is something handy, I can use in a pinch," he nodded.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Yes, i'm sure we can trust the spirits to guide our hands. First of all we must trust our ancestors in all things so that our paths are true.This city certainly needs us more than any other i know of.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next