Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 15 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Colin accepted the flashlight with a nod, "Quite... I prefer to live in a world where Mo can get to catch a movie with a friend, rather than a world where he's callously mowed down by beings beyond his understanding just because he was told to stand in a certain location by his boss... Especially if I am said being beyond his understanding."
He frowned, "Hum, the concrete does get a little in the way - I'll have to revise the visual exclusion - but there's an unmistakably Nephandic spell, likely a ward through there... Have to get a closer look, though. Certainly this Matty's handiwork... Let me see now, Non videbis caementicium et terram, et Magia spectate..."

((OOC: So, revising the ongoing effect to exclude concrete from sight through the monocle, as well as earth while still seeing magic... 2,4,9 on the first Arete roll. Expect I'll need three or four successes to adjust the "filter", so one or two more rolls will be necessary...))

((OOC2: Sending that much luck to your team... "Do you want terminal Paradox? Because that's how you get terminal Paradox." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 15 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Colin accepted the flashlight with a nod, "Quite... I prefer to live in a world where Mo can get to catch a movie with a friend, rather than a world where he's callously mowed down by beings beyond his understanding just because he was told to stand in a certain location by his boss... Especially if I am said being beyond his understanding."

"Yes I would not have enjoyed harming that vampire, he is innocent in all of this after all, and yes I would prefer a world where he can live in peace but I doubt there will be much peace for him, his boss might just kill him, but at least, it was not our hand doing it and he have a chance."
Daisy said and looked down the corridor Mo vanished down.

He frowned, "Hum, the concrete does get a little in the way - I'll have to revise the visual exclusion - but there's an unmistakably Nephandic spell, likely a ward through there... Have to get a closer look, though. Certainly this Matty's handiwork... Let me see now, Non videbis caementicium et terram, et Magia spectate..."

You begin to work your rote and you do everything right, you can feel you need to build up more momentum with the rote but it is going well, and yet...nothing is happening, it as if your sensory magick hit the ward and just fizzle into nothingness.
"Let us hope we do not need to fight this Marry and her cronies to get The target out."
Daisy muttered as you worked.

(OOC 1: Yes you would need more successes especially since that ward is blocking magick pretty well.)

(OOC 2: Well perhaps someone want terminal Paradox, there are masochistic mages out there. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Colin frowned at the wall as he felt his adjustment... not so much fail as feeling like trying to engrave metal with a piece of chalk. "Clever girl... It would seem the ward has some magic-suppressing quality. Can't say for certain if that's all it does, but I might have to put a bit more effort into seeing through the concrete... Non videbis caementicium et terram, et Magia spectate..."

((OOC: Yeah, second roll, and I'm using a WP for this one, WP,5,9,0. Taking a one roll per post approach for the extended work, since there's conversation going on at the same time... Going to make one more, just to be sure.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:56 pm

"Just be careful Mr Wainwright that you do not trigger anything nasty."
Daisy said sounding concerned. As you work your magick you feel your spell having a bit more of a grip this time, but it still did not manifest, the Ward blocking it, making it hard to affect reality around it and using a rote on it and what lay beyond it, but at least your rote was starting to have some effect, as when trying to get the lid of something and it got stuck, you where starting to feel some give but the lid was still on there and it was not coming off easily.

(OOC: Sounds like a plan.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:20 pm

It's not about you handling things, is about that i told you i'd be by your side and so i will. Ok, then, you'll look into the plaque and i'll go help this people. Ok? Wait for me before you do anything dangerous. he planned with alessa.
Ok, i'm free. I'm going to Steelhaven right now
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:46 pm

It's not about you handling things, is about that i told you i'd be by your side and so i will. Ok, then, you'll look into the plaque and i'll go help this people. Ok? Wait for me before you do anything dangerous. he planned with alessa.

"I know, I know. I suspect I will mostly be on the phone and on my laptop trying to find out what I can about the car, who own it and where it is now, most likely it is stolen and it will lead to a dead end but we might get lucky."
Alessa said then she sigh and patted your shoulder.
"Very well I promise I will wait for you before I do anything dangerous."
She agreed.

Ok, i'm free. I'm going to Steelhaven right now

"Thank you Mr Karyak."
Jeffry said over the phone.
"What about the rat, should I bring her with me over to your place and feed her?"
Alessa asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:37 am

Cara followed you down..."We better check those wards quickly Mr Roth Hicks, and hope we do not alert anyone when doing so, especially this Matty person, I do not fancy meeting her."

"Let's get to it," he agreed. "I don't like that she knew to send someone down to keep a lookout, either." He frowned as he examined the sewer and the perimeter of the ward from where he was standing. He was expecting some type of trap and was trying to keep Cara covered in the event of an emergency. "How much room do you need and how close do you need to be?" he asked.

"Clever girl... It would seem the ward has some magic-suppressing quality. Can't say for certain if that's all it does, but I might have to put a bit more effort into seeing through the concrete...

He didn't like that - it felt like a stall tactic, or that she knew ahead of time what to guard against. It was either suppressing or negating his working, somehow unmanifesting it or draining the penetration of his work. If it were an Aegis-style Qlippothic ward they were in for trouble but even a lesser ward if done right could set them back for time.

// that is very true...Terminal paradox sounds...uncomfortable D: But we need to win Monday's game

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixes quotes)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:48 am

Colin gave Daisy a nod, "I don't think I'll be at risk, adjusting my monocle... It's not something that'll interact with the surroundings, really; just a small, contained visual filter within a flat, circular glass lens. Non videbis caementicium et terram, et Magia spectate..."

((OOC: Third Arete roll, and a Willpower, for adjusting the spell to exclude both natural stone and concrete from vision, and seeing magic... WP,9,0,0.... Damn, might not've needed the WP. O.o That'll be the last roll for this, though.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:04 am

"Let's get to it," he agreed. "I don't like that she knew to send someone down to keep a lookout, either." He frowned as he examined the sewer and the perimeter of the ward from where he was standing.

"Well it is what I would do as well, if I knew about the sewers running close to the house I where guarding I would send someone down here as well but yes it do mean she might have done something else down here and I do not like it Mr Roth Hicks."
The young Criamon said.

You see the ward there it was disgusting and clearly made by a Nephandus as it destroyed and twisted reality around you, it was an abomination, seeing any details about it was hard though as it seamed to stop magick from affecting it. Cara grunted in disgust as her own rote discovered the ward.
"That is just disgusting."
She frowned.
"Getting a good feel for it seam to be hard through..."

He was expecting some type of trap and was trying to keep Cara covered in the event of an emergency. "How much room do you need and how close do you need to be?" he asked.

"I only need room to do hand movements and a rote will not take to long to cast, but if you want me to try to examine that ward that might trigger it. I can do it from over here though, and perhaps take it down but that will definitively be noticed."
Cara said and frowned.
"But I guess there is not helping it we can not stand here all day."
She muttered and begun to move her hands into modern hand sigils as she begun her rote.

He didn't like that - it felt like a stall tactic, or that she knew ahead of time what to guard against. It was either suppressing or negating his working, somehow unmanifesting it or draining the penetration of his work. If it were an Aegis-style Qlippothic ward they were in for trouble but even a lesser ward if done right could set them back for time.

You think perhaps the ward stopped magick from affecting anything beyond it, so you could see it, but digging deeper was harder, but seeing beyond it got difficult, it did not feel refined enough to be an Aegis though but it was hard to say just at a glance.

Colin gave Daisy a nod, "I don't think I'll be at risk, adjusting my monocle... It's not something that'll interact with the surroundings, really; just a small, contained visual filter within a flat, circular glass lens. Non videbis caementicium et terram, et Magia spectate..."

"Just please be careful my good man, some wards can be rather aggressive, even when someone is just looking."
Daisy said as you continued you rote and this time finally you broke though, your vision expanded and you saw through the disgusting ward, you see it's destructive energies that destroyed the possibility of it not being there and where a regular ward might keep magick out, this one destroyed the possibility of it manifesting, it was disturbing to look through but you manage and see through concrete and stone and into the basement, there are several rooms you see and in one of them you see two beings with magick, you do not see all the details, but you see a rather Dynamic and Entopic being standing over a very Static one, you could be wrong as you see as through a fog but it could seam like the one that are more Dynamic was playing over the more Static one with a sparkler, the type you might put on a cake or wave around at New Years's Eve.
"Do you see anything Mr Wainwright."
Daisy asked, just about then the Dynamic being you see with the sparkler looks up and looks right at you.

(OOC: Terminal paradox do not tend to be uncomfortable very long, unless it just make your Avatar explode...that might smart for a while. But they anything to make your team win right?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Colin grimaced and gave it one last push of his will, and smiled smugly as the concrete just... faded from his right eye's field of view, closing his left to avoid the weird double image confusion, "There we go... The ward is disgusting to behold, but it looks simple enough; I'd say it's the same principle as the Aegis, but more of a tutorial version. Not as refined, not as strong, but has the same function, kind of like how a .22 and a .45 pistol are both handguns. Doesn't seem to be harmful, though... and there... I see Carmon and Matty, I think; an extremely stagnant form on the floor and a very likely Fallen standing over him with... oh, fuck, she's playing with fireworks, the bitch. Aaaand I think she noticed me. Sideways!"
He took a couple steps to the side, making sure not to lose track of Matty in the process, "Miss Willis, how long will it take to punch a hole in such a ward?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Colin grimaced and gave it one last push of his will, and smiled smugly as the concrete just... faded from his right eye's field of view, closing his left to avoid the weird double image confusion, "There we go... The ward is disgusting to behold, but it looks simple enough; I'd say it's the same principle as the Aegis, but more of a tutorial version. Not as refined, not as strong, but has the same function, kind of like how a .22 and a .45 pistol are both handguns. Doesn't seem to be harmful, though

"Hum...I am not surprised, I doubt they would have had the time to set up something like an Aegis and besides as that is a Hermetic ritual unless Matty is Order of Hermes Barabbi and she have some more of her kind to help her a full Aegis would not be likely."
Cara said.
"But something made to block magick that however is about what I would expect...are you through the ward then Mr Wainwright? Do you see anything?"

and there... I see Carmon and Matty, I think; an extremely stagnant form on the floor and a very likely Fallen standing over him with... oh, fuck, she's playing with fireworks, the bitch. Aaaand I think she noticed me. Sideways!"

Cara uttered a few words in Latin that might be more delicate swears than what Chief Morgan used to express displeasure but they where swears non the less.
"She spotted you Mr Wainwright? Well...that is not good."
She grumbled.

Adley you feel a twinge of anger from your Avatar when you hear that most likely the Nephandus in there where playing with fireworks over Carmon's helpless form, just to be cruel, it was just a moment of emotion from the part of your soul that remembered the life where that vampire had been your friend.

He took a couple steps to the side, making sure not to lose track of Matty in the process, "Miss Willis, how long will it take to punch a hole in such a ward?"

"I am working on it Mr Wainwright, hopefully not long."
Cara said as she begun to chant in Latin, each work muttered with purpose and conviction.
"Audi voluntatem meam et obedire! Nihil de hoc faciam destruam parietem, et sino mihi aditum! Hoc est mandatum meum!"
She muttered, moving her hands elegantly as she spoke, and it might be just your imagination but with magick fresh in your system it was almost as if the engraved symbols in her flesh moved and danced across her skin as she was casting.

Matty or what you think is Matty turn from where she had been standing over the Static form on the floor and took one step towards the wall and looked as if she was regarding you, then that Entropic form turned and ran towards the stairs, probably to get help, or go out and come after you herself.

(OOC: And then we should probably let Strife get a chance to react.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks for hearing me. Ok then, we should get going. Tane said leaving the placer towards the placer where they had left the car.
I'll get going as soon as i can he promised Jeffry.
Yeah, and i bet she'd like that, don't you? tane said carressing the little rato in his fingers
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:32 pm

"Yes let us go."
Alessa agreed and followed you towards where the cab had dropped you off.
"A car should be here to pick us up shortly."
She informed you.

Jeffry replied over the phone.
"Good very well, until then Mr Karyak."
He said before he hung up on the call.

The little Ratkin first looked rather skeptical at the other fera but then she seamed to calm down and stretched her head so you would pet her more. Alessa raised an eyebrow.
"You do not see Ratkin behaving like that often, usually they are hostile towards humans."
She muttered as a cab came driving down the dirt road towards where you stood.
"Well our car is here, what if we ask him to drop you off near the ehm...what did mages call their nests again? And then I will bring Strawberry with me to the docks, get her fed and then check up on things."
She said as she waves to the cab to indicate that she was the one who had called for it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 am

"That is just disgusting." She frowned. "Getting a good feel for it seam to be hard through..."

"If we cannot target it directly due to it being a Qlippothic ward, perhaps instead we can target the 'edges', so to speak -  threads  of the Tellurian were unmade in favor of this unmanifest blight on reality but there are those surrounding the perimeter that might 'remember'...if we can manipulate those, strengthen them to influence those adjacent so they recall what they used to be again, we might get a grip. It could cost us some Quint to restore or assist in reweaving those threads from there but reality itself should be working in our favor, enough to get us the opposite of a 'hole' - a patch, a handhold."

"I only need room to do hand movements and a rote will not take to long to cast, but if you want me to try to examine that ward that might trigger it. I can do it from over here though, and perhaps take it down but that will definitively be noticed. Cara said and frowned.
"But I guess there is not helping it we can not stand here all day."

"Good, then I can attempt to wrap my shields around you without interfering with your work so you can be protected, if you wish. We have to see if we can take the ward down, even if it means we get noticed. How else may I assist you?"

"There we go... The ward is disgusting to behold, but it looks simple enough; I'd say it's the same principle as the Aegis, but more of a tutorial version. Not as refined, not as strong, but has the same function, kind of like how a .22 and a .45 pistol are both handguns. Doesn't seem to be harmful, though... and there... I see Carmon and Matty, I think; an extremely stagnant form on the floor and a very likely Fallen standing over him with... oh, fuck, she's playing with fireworks, the bitch. Aaaand I think she noticed me. Sideways!"
Adley you feel a twinge of anger from your Avatar when you hear that most likely the Nephandus in there where playing with fireworks over Carmon's helpless form, just to be cruel, it was just a moment of emotion from the part of your soul that remembered the life where that vampire had been your friend.

"Where is he in relation to us?" he started to ask, but then the fact they had a Nephandus saw them peeking halted any further questions, to keep Cara covered. The spike of anger regarding Carmon's torment came at the heels of the feeling of an impending fight. He sent out a message to the elemental brothers: 'Please tell our mutual friend with the crystals near you that we were noticed by a destroying one,'he said, meaning Kristina. Then he said to the others, "We need to stop her from pinning us down here..."

// Halloween films are on while I have been distracted today, Silver Bullet, Stephen King.  king Managed to miss seeing it before. Opening scene pretty much describes why 'Run away' is the most appropriate response to werewolves.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:25 am

"If we cannot target it directly due to it being a Qlippothic ward, perhaps instead we can target the 'edges', so to speak - threads of the Tellurian were unmade in favor of this unmanifest blight on reality but there are those surrounding the perimeter that might 'remember'...if we can manipulate those, strengthen them to influence those adjacent so they recall what they used to be again, we might get a grip. It could cost us some Quint to restore or assist in reweaving those threads from there but reality itself should be working in our favor, enough to let us the opposite of a 'hole' - a patch, a handhold."

Cara looked at you in the half darkness as you spoke abut how to take down the Qlippothic ward aster you where done explaining she nodded.
"That makes sense actually, and I think spending some Quintessence on getting that done might be a way to get this done quickly. Gah! when we are back at the Chantry I want to take a bath and not because of the sewers."
The Criamon muttered in disgust.
"Why would anyone work magick like this ward, it is an abomination."
She grumbled as she started casting.

"Good, then I can attempt to wrap my shields around you without interfering with your work so you can be protected, if you wish. We have to see if we can take the ward down, even if it means we get noticed. How else may I assist you?"

"It should interfere with my work no."
Cara said she begun to say your name but then stopped as if she was hesitant to utter something as important as names around this horrid ward.
"We could work together we are both of the Order of Hermes, through perhaps you preparing something offensive in case we are discovered would be time better spent than helping me get this done a little quicker."
She suggested.

He sent out a message to the elemental brothers: 'Please tell our mutual friend with the crystals near you that we were noticed by a destroying one,'he said, meaning Kristina.

"We will do so."
You heard Allassor say, or felt him say though the rocks in your shoes, there where no more words than that, the Brothers liked to get a clear task and instruction on what to do and then follow those tasks.

Then he said to the others, "We need to stop her from pinning us down here..."

"If you could make the area silent Mr Roth Hicks, I could probably give whoever comes down here a rather nasty surprise."
Daisy said and you hear a slight wirring sound and metal shifting in her arms.
"I should be able to defend the manhole for a while, though if I got up to ground level we risk a bullet hitting a civilian, it might be better to defend down here, depending on what you think this Nephandus might do, the way I see it we need to give Miss Willis time to break through the ward before the enemy get backup down here."
She continued. Cara you saw where still working a few beads of sweat rolling down her face she had no time to break concentration by speaking she was just throwing everything she got at the ward.

(OOC: Yes indeed the problem is the critters tend to run rather fast so you will not get far. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:32 am

She was a domestic rat, i'm sure she likes to be pet, and even to live with humans. Also, i'm no human, so no worries. he said in agreement Sound plan. Nest is fine, i like the word
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:22 am

"Well technically you are a human being unless I have gotten mages all wrong Tane, but yes, I guess some are just atypical of their breed."
Alessa said and looked at the little rat.
"She sure is cute, I have to keep reminding myself that she is a bloody Ratkin."
She muttered.
"Mage nest it is then, you better keep the rat hidden from the driver."
The Ananasi instructed you before the cab stopped and she got into the front seat.
"I am going to the docks Sir, and my friend here will give you and address to drive to, if you could drop him off first?"
She said politely and the handsome young black man driving the cab nodded.
"Very well Ma'am."
He said as he waited for you to get in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:57 am

Colin frowned, "Bugger... she scarpered like a spooked cat. Ran up the stairs. Carmon is lying on the floor... about six or seven meters straight ahead; a bit hard to make out accurately through the ward and without any good reference points."
He glanced over his shoulder, "I'm no Hermetic, but I think I can follow your lead, miss Willis."
Pressing his signet ring against the concrete wall, he softly added his voice to hers, "Audi voluntatem meam et obedire! Nihil de hoc faciam destruam parietem, et sino mihi aditum! Hoc est mandatum meum!"

((OOC: Attempting to assist Cara's dismantling - 9,0,0. Holy crap. Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:29 am

He glanced over his shoulder, "I'm no Hermetic, but I think I can follow your lead, miss Willis."

Cara nodded and glanced at you, she was in the middle of ritual and had no chance to reply but she did give you a smile before she continued with her chanting, really all she was doing was trying to reverse what the Nephandi woman had done, she had taken a hint from what Adley had told her and was trying to infuse the ward with possibility, after all it was destruction perhaps creation and possibility was taking it down and it was working. You might not be able to work in Concert with the Hermetic without figuring it out, but you could attack the ward as well, after all two men could chop at the same tree and it would go down faster, it do seam that your work have an effect though and that your and Cara's efforts where wearing the ward down, the question was if you could get it done in time, you see the ward there, the nasty blob of non existence, a wound in creating that had destroyed all possibility but it's existence, slowly though Cara was returning those possibilities weakening the ward so then you have a choice of joining her efforts of restoring the destroyed reality around the ward, or attacking it as it is weakened by her rotes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:34 am

"It should interfere with my work no." Cara said she begun to say your name but then stopped as if she was hesitant to utter something as important as names around this horrid ward. "We could work together we are both of the Order of Hermes, through perhaps you preparing something offensive in case we are discovered would be time better spent than helping me get this done a little quicker."
Colin frowned, "Bugger... she scarpered like a spooked cat. Ran up the stairs. Carmon is lying on the floor... about six or seven meters straight ahead; a bit hard to make out accurately through the ward and without any good reference points." He glanced over his shoulder, "I'm no Hermetic, but I think I can follow your lead, miss Willis."

"Very well," he said. "I will bolster our defenses and then work on an offense," he agreed and then began to try to expand the shield he'd created to include her.

"Shit."

"If you could make the area silent Mr Roth Hicks, I could probably give whoever comes down here a rather nasty surprise." Daisy said and you hear a slight wirring sound and metal shifting in her arms. "I should be able to defend the manhole for a while, though if I got up to ground level we risk a bullet hitting a civilian, it might be better to defend down here, depending on what you think this Nephandus might do, the way I see it we need to give Miss Willis time to break through the ward before the enemy get backup down here."

"Likely either getting help or coming to deal with us herself, taking one of the ways through the sewer. She probably doesn't want paradox any more than we do, agree it's probably better to defend down here - we have to finish and it's off the street. It would be useful if we could sense her coming, we need to slow her down," he said. "I can make it silent, just mind the ricochet. Ready when you are," he said to Daisy.

// I'd assume adjusting the shield is F3 - 5, 6, 6 - 0, 0, 7 - 1, 0, 5 (and on that fizzle I think he'd quit while ahead, assuming there were that many rounds to work with in the first place)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:18 am

"Very well," he said. "I will bolster our defenses and then work on an offense," he agreed and then began to try to expand the shield he'd created to include her.

Cara just nodded, never missing a beat of her chanting as you expanded your kinetic shield, you can feel you are stressed for while at first adjusting the rote as your words ring in the narrow corridor commanding the Lords of Air to harden and provide protection are easy you completely loose grip on the rote after a while, luckily while the threads of magick quiver they do not break and you do manage to expand it, though perhaps not as elegantly as you would have liked, it seamed that the stress over the last week was beginning to take it's toll and more and more often you just could not get your magick to do what you wanted it to do, or at least not easily but the kinetic shield do get expanded to include Cara.

"Likely either getting help or coming to deal with us herself, taking one of the ways through the sewer. She probably doesn't want paradox any more than we do, agree it's probably better to defend down here - we have to finish and it's off the street. It would be useful if we could sense her coming, we need to slow her down," he said. "I can make it silent, just mind the ricochet. Ready when you are," he said to Daisy.

"Agreed Mr Roth Hicks, and it would be useful to know where she will be coming from, the ricochet should not be a problem, my targeting algorithms tend to be adequate, if I may say so myself, I am more worried about sound getting out. I am quite ready though as soon as we know where the Nephandi woman will be coming from."
Daisy replied. It was about that time you got a text message from Adjan that said.

"A female I am sure is a mage, three vampires and two unknown just left the house, it seam they are headed straight down the street, my guess with the speed and purpose they move with you have been spotted and they are headed for another sewer entrance to deal with you. I can try to intercept, but against this many my chances are not good to do much other than stall them and it might put the sleepers around here in danger, in any case watch yourself down there."

There was also a strange sound, it do not seam like Daisy hear it and Colin you do not hear it either indicating that it was spiritual, a slight whisper in the distance that was getting closer, perhaps some Umbrood that the Nephandi woman had sent in advance to intercept your group while she and here team made her way there or just one of the spirits that naturally dwelled in the area, it was hard to say that is point, but that whisper was getting closer.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:58 am

Adley picked his phone out and read the message quickly with a frown, telling the others as he read along. "Group of six on their way straight down the street to the other entry," he told them, trying to determine which one that was to tell Daisy. "A nephandus, three vampires and two others." He cocked his head as he heard whispering and added, "There's something else, a spirit coming. I hear it getting closer."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:13 am

I got shot 3 times today and have no damage done. I'm not just a human and you should remember it. I can stand my ground. He was not kidding, since she might get all worked up to protect him while he might be doing just fine.
In the core she's a beautyfull little ratty and a gurl, yeah He said, petting the little ratkin before putting her inside his pocket and asking her to stay there.
He got into the car and told the man an adress of about a block away from his destinantion. Right here. Ok, take her and please be careful with everything
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:38 am

Adley:

"Dammit that is not good, not unexpected but not good."
Daisy swore softly.
"The spirit you are feeling do you think it is friendly Mr Roth Hicks? Or something the Nephandi have sent after us?"
She asked as she glanced down the long hallways of the sewers. You could not be sure but you think that means that Matty's group, the Nephandus probably being the one Mo spoke of, would come from the North.

As that whisper got closer you started feeling a bit dizzy it had a disguising, cruel voice, it sounded like the creepy kid's voices in horror movies, if played on a real old, scratchy gramophone player and then just uttered in a barely audible whisper, you hear it whisper about rending your flesh and eating your eyes, right out of your skull like over ripe cherry tomatoes, or where that just your imagination, what you would expect such a voice to say? It was hard to be sure.

Tane:

I got shot 3 times today and have no damage done. I'm not just a human and you should remember it. I can stand my ground. He was not kidding, since she might get all worked up to protect him while he might be doing just fine.

"You are powerful Tane, I never meant to imply otherwise, you are a powerful person, I can see inside you that spirit that is not a spirit, or rather not see, I can not see it like other spirits, but it's presence is there, powerful, beautiful, in some ways you are like us, spirit and flesh but in other ways you are human beings with powers, and I think many Ratkin would dislike your kind as well."
Allessa explained.

In the core she's a beautyfull little ratty and a gurl, yeah He said, petting the little ratkin before putting her inside his pocket and asking her to stay there.
He got into the car and told the man an adress of about a block away from his destinantion. Right here. Ok, take her and please be careful with everything

Strawberry chittered happily when you called her beautiful and she stayed quietly in your pocket.
"Very well Sir."
The driver said and got going. Alessa nodded she managed to get a now bit more uneasy Strawberry into her purse without the driver noticing.
"I will be careful, do not worry."
She agreed.

It took about 20 minutes to reach the address you had told the driver, then he pulled up to the side walk.
"Here we are, I understand it the lady will take care of the bill."
He said and Alessa nodded.
"Very well have a good day Sir."
The driver said and Alessa turned to look at you for a moment.
"Be careful."
She told you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Colin frowned, "Better not be the same sort of little bastard that we encountered in the marshes... See if you can dispose of it, Adley."
He could see how Cara's work was grinding away at the ward's surface, exposing the hideous impossibility of it. Perhaps Reality could be baited to lash back at the Fallen who'd dared create this abomination, perhaps not... the ward was stable still, but perhaps it could be destabilized by an opposing flavour... He pressed on against the impossible wall, envisioning his magic line an angle grinder relentlessly spinning against the Nephandic matrix, and fueled a little of his own Dynamic, creative quintessence into the working, pushing for a disruptive dissonance against the suppressive field, "Audi voluntatem meam et obedire! Nihil de hoc faciam destruam parietem, et sino mihi aditum! Hoc est mandatum meum!"

((OOC: So, one Quintessence spent for effect, and an Arete roll of 2,6,0. This is probably more of two axes, one tree than outright working in Concert. Hoping the deliberate application of opposing resonated quintessence does something useful. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next