Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 4 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 pm

He gave a polite nod to the other maga and stood up, hefting the bag with the rifle and ammo inside it over a shoulder.

Rosemary smiles to you and give you a nod as well.

"Ah, then an arrangement was made. Very good." He nodded and took the bag. It did not look like much but it certainly felt like tass.

"Yes an arrangement was made, apparently Lavender do not fancy being overrun by Nephandi either so they have agreed that we might use what we need to stop the Fallen on the condition that the rest of it be returned to the Node once we are victorious...if the Nephandi wins squabbles over Tass will be sort of a moote point."
Joakim said and sigh it was clear that the conflict with Chantry Lavender was irritating him, just a bit.

"Yes sir, does that include this upcoming mission then?" he asked, just to clarify. "And did you wish to keep some here, on hand?"

"Yes it includes this upcoming mission, we do not want the Nephandi to get their wish."
The old hedge wizard replied.
"I assume some of the Sentinels are still out there excavating more as we speak?"
He said and Rosemary nodded then she said.
"Yes and before you ask Hayden Fisher is with the excavation team in case there is trouble."
She said and Joakim nodded.
"Good, no you can take that bag for now Mr Roth Hicks, hopefully we will get some more dug up soon."

(OOC: It is hard to say just by holding the bag, over ten at least but to know for sure Adley will have to use magick to examine the bag.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 4 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Colin nodded, "Normally... I don't think my Avatar is quite... normal, as such. It behaves a little... oddly; a Pattern Avatar with certain tricks one might expect from a far more potent Primordial Avatar. I... suspect the reason, but I'll have to have it more thoroughly examined... It does seem to frighten Inverted Avatars, though..."
He frowned, "Some wrongs can never be righted... but they can be ameliorated, and the wrongdoers can be brought to justice... It might take time and hard work, but just saying 'shit happens' and walking away from wrongs that cannot be set aright is possibly the worst thing a bystander can do..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:41 pm

"Yes an arrangement was made...if the Nephandi wins squabbles over Tass will be sort of a moote point."

"Agreed."

"Yes it includes this upcoming mission, we do not want the Nephandi to get their wish." The old hedge wizard replied

"Understood."

"Good, no you can take that bag for now Mr Roth Hicks, hopefully we will get some more dug up soon."

He nodded his head and then looked around the area for something to use to portion it out so he could distribute it, a bit of cloth or something similar to tie up into sachels, so he wouldn't rip up yet another set of clothing until he had to do so.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Normally... I don't think my Avatar is quite... normal, as such. It behaves a little... oddly; a Pattern Avatar with certain tricks one might expect from a far more potent Primordial Avatar. I... suspect the reason, but I'll have to have it more thoroughly examined... It does seem to frighten Inverted Avatars, though..."

"Well your Avatar do sound rather special Mr Wainwright, not that they are not all special. I will not pry I would not want to offend you or make you uncomfortable but I am going to admit that what you have told me have gotten me rather curious. In anyway I do hope you find out what you seek when you have your your soul examined."
Cara said as she tried her best not to ask to many questions about such a personal topic she could not resist to ask about the last you said though.
"Your soul scares Inverted Avatars? Now that is quite something, do you know why?"
Then she sigh.
"Ah forgive me Mr Wainwright I am being to nosy."
The young Criamon said apologetically.

He frowned, "Some wrongs can never be righted... but they can be ameliorated, and the wrongdoers can be brought to justice... It might take time and hard work, but just saying 'shit happens' and walking away from wrongs that cannot be set aright is possibly the worst thing a bystander can do..."

"I agree Mr Wainwright...and I do hope you can manage to find a way to bring those who have done wrong on such a scale to justice, at least that will stop them from hurting others."
Cara said in agreement.

Adley:

He nodded his head and then looked around the area for something to use to portion it out so he could distribute it, a bit of cloth or something similar to tie up into sachels, so he wouldn't rip up yet another set of clothing until he had to do so.

You find some old tshirts ready to be made into rags for cleaning the weapons in one of the cabinets, you could make quick sachets out of that rather easily.
"Is there anything else you need before you go for if so we should see to it now."
Joakim asked as you looked for something to put the Tass in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:57 pm

He gave a last look around for anything useful for delving into a sewer, gloves especially, though he knew Adjan was looking for useful things as well. Then he grabbed one of the shirts and began to rip it up into rags as they made to leave, resettling the duffel bag. "Think this is it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Colin smiled, "Oh, it's quite alright - I opened the bag of cats in the first place. I hypothesize my Avatar has been gilguled in the past. Successfully and completely so - and it has since reassembled itself over an unknowable period of time, drawing in fragments of other Avatars it has found along the way before deeming itself sufficiently whole so as to incarnate again... An Avatar which has been torn apart like that and yet come back, I suppose that would frighten any Avatar spiralling toward oblivion. Plus, there was a comment about my Avatar tearing up Cauls from within... I, ah, would rather not test that claim, though - for all the reasons."
He nodded, "The wheels of justice may grind slowly... but I know just the man to take on something of such a magnitude, if he were to get the necessary evidence. It's all about getting a watertight case... Nothing can stay hidden forever."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Adley:

You find two pair of gloves on a wooden shelf that held a few knives, other than that there was not that much more useful in here in the little armory.
"Very well then we should probably go."
Joakim said and headed for the door and waited for you so he could lock it after you had left.
"The others should be waiting for you in the garage Mr Roth Hicks, good luck and be careful."
He said.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Oh, it's quite alright - I opened the bag of cats in the first place. I hypothesize my Avatar has been gilguled in the past. Successfully and completely so - and it has since reassembled itself over an unknowable period of time, drawing in fragments of other Avatars it has found along the way before deeming itself sufficiently whole so as to incarnate again...

"That is a interesting hypothesize Mr Wainwright, I know there have been some debate on whatever or not the shards left over after...well that...can lump together and from a new consciousness, and some even warn that they might converse and become an issue in the Umbra...but why do you think your soul is such a being if you do not mind me asking?"
Cara asked and raised an eyebrow in surprise.

An Avatar which has been torn apart like that and yet come back, I suppose that would frighten any Avatar spiralling toward oblivion.

"Respectfully but I doubt that...destruction is not oblivion, a shattered vase still exist as parts, and it have existed in the past and still exist in memory, true oblivion is to have never been, that such a resurrection or metamorphosis might be possible should not bother an Inverted soul overly much, it is more the rest of us that might get uneasy thinking about the building materials."
Cara said and she did indeed look a little green around the gills thinking about it.

Plus, there was a comment about my Avatar tearing up Cauls from within... I, ah, would rather not test that claim, though - for all the reasons."

"Well if it is made up of splinters it might be like a spiritual frag grenade that when set off..."
The Criamon begun then she stopped and looked apologetic.
"Ah forgive me Mr Wainwright that paints a rather gruesome image, no indeed best not to test it."

He nodded, "The wheels of justice may grind slowly... but I know just the man to take on something of such a magnitude, if he were to get the necessary evidence. It's all about getting a watertight case... Nothing can stay hidden forever."

"I hope you are right and I wish you good luck with this Mr Wainwright, is there anything I can do to help?"
Cara asked as she glanced at you.
"Other than contacting my Housemate."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:14 pm

"Very well then we should probably go." Joakim said and headed for the door and waited for you so he could lock it after you had left. "The others should be waiting for you in the garage Mr Roth Hicks, good luck and be careful."

He grabbed up the gloves and then nodded to him. "Yes, thank you sir. To you as well." He walked out after him and hurried towards the garage to meet up with the others.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:16 pm

He frowned, "It's little more than a hunch... The odd behaviours, mostly, but... when it molted and grew after it was attacked, rather than falling apart, it gave me the peculiar feeling it had been through that before."
He nodded, "True, Oblivion is not destruction... But how disconcerting mustn't it be for an inverted Avatar to see that their path to oblivion, so likely through destruction, can be intercepted and reversed before it is complete? All its, er, hard work unraveled?"
He grimaced, "Ack, a frag grenade... that IS a gruesome image... Even greater motivation to stay on the outside of any Caul..."
He smiled, "Yes... you can tell your Housemate to stay safe... and, of course, keep your own head down, and your ear to the ground."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:37 am

He grabbed up the gloves and then nodded to him. "Yes, thank you sir. To you as well." He walked out after him and hurried towards the garage to meet up with the others.

The Chief nodded and gave you nod of his head as you left. As you where going for the garage you see Kristina Knox also on her way down, she had changed from her usual flowing skirts to a pair of jeans and a green blouse as skirts might not be the best thing to wear in a storm drain. The Verbena still looked tired though but clearly was not going to let that stop her. She waved to you when she saw you.
"Hello Adley."
She said as she hurried over.
"Heading for the garage?"
She asked. About the same time you see Adjan heading down the stairs, he was carrying quite a few objects in his arms and he gave both of you a nod.
"Adley...Mrs Knox...I think I have most of what we need..."
He muttered as he caught up to the two other magi.

He frowned, "It's little more than a hunch... The odd behaviours, mostly, but... when it molted and grew after it was attacked, rather than falling apart, it gave me the peculiar feeling it had been through that before."

"Hum...that might be Mr Wainwright and if it is true then that is fascinating and both horrifying and rather hopeful really."
The Criamon said softly.

He nodded, "True, Oblivion is not destruction... But how disconcerting mustn't it be for an inverted Avatar to see that their path to oblivion, so likely through destruction, can be intercepted and reversed before it is complete? All its, er, hard work unraveled?"

"No they would be delighted it means they get to continue working towards nothingness, why do you think Nephandi are as scared of...Gilgul as the rest of us? A destroyed Avatar is just a destroyed Avatar nothing more, it have an existence and can no longer work to erase it. True Oblivion can not be reversed for what you want to reverse would have never been it is not gone, something gone hae existed, it have never been."
The Criamon said.
"It is the antithesis of what a regular Primordial soul want, yes they to want to end the cycle, to dissolve and become one with creation, but to do so that they can be reborn in a new form on a higher level, an Inverted Avatar wish to have never been and destruction can not give it that."

He grimaced, "Ack, a frag grenade... that IS a gruesome image... Even greater motivation to stay on the outside of any Caul..."

"I do not need greater motivation to stay out of one, the thought of my Avatar being well turned inside out along with my flesh and mind and put back together wrong is enough to mark them as ground zero for nope in my book."
The Criamon said and shuddered.

He smiled, "Yes... you can tell your Housemate to stay safe... and, of course, keep your own head down, and your ear to the ground."

Cara smiles a little at that.
"Well now...that I can do Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:45 am

Colin inclined his head to the side with a smile, conceding the point, "Touché. I'll admit, I'm hardly an expert on Avatars. I can only offer hypotheses based on extrapolations of what little I know."
He nodded with a grimace, "And yet, those bastards seem able to find some despicable means of persuading their recruits... Hope that if they catch you, you're caught alone..."
He smiled, "Right, the others should be arriving in fairly short order, then..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:46 am

"Hello Adley." She said as she hurried over. "Heading for the garage?"

"Mrs Knox," he said with a nod. "Indeed I am. Hrm, I think we might need some more boots..." He noted her fatigue but they could talk about it at the car, where it would be apparent the size and makeup of the party.

"Adley...Mrs Knox...I think I have most of what we need..." He muttered as he caught up to the two other magi.

Then as he saw Adjan with his arms loaded he smiled. "Looks like you were successful. Good! I have a few things as well. Let's see what the others have been up to, while we were indisposed."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Colin:

Colin inclined his head to the side with a smile, conceding the point, "Touché. I'll admit, I'm hardly an expert on Avatars. I can only offer hypotheses based on extrapolations of what little I know."

"I am not expert either Mr Wainwright but being Primordial it have been a topic of interest for me, but yes I guess the interesting debate can wait until after we have saved this vampire and stopped the Nephandi."
Cara said with a smile

He nodded with a grimace, "And yet, those bastards seem able to find some despicable means of persuading their recruits... Hope that if they catch you, you're caught alone..."

"Yes I...dread having to choose between the purity of my soul and the life of my brother, or my Mentor or my little apprentice..."
The young Hermetic said and shuddered again.

He smiled, "Right, the others should be arriving in fairly short order, then..."

Cara nodded at that.

"Mrs Knox," he said with a nod. "Indeed I am. Hrm, I think we might need some more boots..." He noted her fatigue but they could talk about it at the car, where it would be apparent the size and makeup of the party.

"Boots?"
Kristina asked sounding a bit confused.
"I am wearing leather boots but if something else is needed then we might need that yes, you are thinking for the storm drain?"
She said and looked down at her feet which was covered by short, black boots, the boots where of very good quality and showed good craftsmanship.

Then as he saw Adjan with his arms loaded he smiled. "Looks like you were successful. Good! I have a few things as well. Let's see what the others have been up to, while we were indisposed."

Adjan returned your smile then gave Kristina a polite nod.
"Yeah I found some flashlights, a crowbar, a first aid kit, some disinfectant..."
The Euthanatos list up as he walks towards you.
"Yes let us see what the others are up to."
He agreed as you head to the garage. Once you get there you see Colin standing and talking with the young Criamon you had seen earlier. The Criamon girl gave you and Adjan a slight bow before she smiles to Kristina.
"So they are dragging you along as well Kris?"
She asked and the Verbena grinned.
"Well when vampires are involved at get called in."
She replied.

Colin you see Adley, Kristina and Adjan with his arms full of supplies come into the garage.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:05 pm

"Boots?" Kristina asked sounding a bit confused. "I am wearing leather boots but if something else is needed then we might need that yes, you are thinking for the storm drain?"

Adley gave a glance down at her boots. "They look a bit too nice to muck up," was all he said at the moment. "Rather not talk details out here in the open."

"Yeah I found some flashlights, a crowbar, a first aid kit, some disinfectant..." The Euthanatos list up as he walks towards you. "Yes let us see what the others are up to."

"Good thinking," he nodded to him. When he got to where everyone else was standing in the garage, he nodded to them all. He walked over towards Mirri's van to unlock it, so Adjan could put some of the stuff he was carrying inside. "Looks like everyone is here..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Adley gave a glance down at her boots. "They look a bit too nice to muck up," was all he said at the moment. "Rather not talk details out here in the open."

"They are good boots yes but right now getting things down quickly are more important than the time it will take to look for something else to wear on my feet."
Kristina said and glanced down at her feet for a moment.
"But yes let us discuss in en route."

"Good thinking," he nodded to him. When he got to where everyone else was standing in the garage, he nodded to them all. He walked over towards Mirri's van to unlock it, so Adjan could put some of the stuff he was carrying inside. "Looks like everyone is here..."

Adjan gave you a smile and then put the supplies he had gathered in one of the seats once you open the car before he find a seat for himself as well.
"Indeed it do look like everyone is here and we should get going."
He said. Cara who was carefully putting on the boots Daisy had made for her nodded.
"Yes there is no point standing around here."
She said before she gave the Deaconess a smile.
"They fit perfectly, thank you Deaconess Darnell."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:"The prisoners you mean? Well only two of them are Nephandi, one are a traitor from the Traditions that well he did work with the Fallen though, and the other is a Marauder and then off course there is a widderslainte boy, though yes from what I am told Nephandi are not usually easy to catch alive...but I would not know Mr Miles I have only been Awakened for about a month."
Rosa said and smiled.
"There is allot I do not have a grip on yet in our society."

"me either.. but i am new at this ... very new" devon says

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:17 am

((OOC: Ack, I'm awake. Just forgot to check in after coming home from DMing D&D today. I guess I got a little mean to the players when the Warlock died and got reincarnated as a Troll. Still a Warlock, mind, and the scrawniest Troll ever, but still... Twisted Evil )

Colin nodded and smiled, "Quite; for me, it's more a matter of assembling what knowledge I have and building on that through extrapolation and experiment. Some times, that happens abruptly when the puzzle pieces fit together, other times, it's slow progress... but there is always progress. But you are correct - there'll be plenty of time later."
Colin looked over at the latest arrivals, "Ah, you are here. Did Master Harris get to see any locally rare stones we might use as anchors before we leave?"
He smiled as he climbed into the van and held out a hand for Daisy, "If you would find a reliable seat then, Deaconess?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:03 am

Colin looked over at the latest arrivals, "Ah, you are here. Did Master Harris get to see any locally rare stones we might use as anchors before we leave?"

"I do believe that was taken care of that, yes," he said and glanced at Mrs Knox. "We've got a few things to talk about as well," he said. "If I might impose upon someone to drive, that knows the area..." Then he nodded appreciatively at Daisy and the sets of boots. "Thank you, ma'am. That will certainly come in handy."

// lol, reincarnation spell is like a box of chocolates...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:28 am

Devon:

"Well if you are initiated into a Tradition Sir you can not be as new as I am."
Rosa said and smile then she added.
"I guess you can ask the Chief to be allowed to talk with the prisoners ty to learn something if you think their capture is not a coincidence, he might let you do that, though I doubt he will let you hurt them to get something out of them unless you have some evidence for your suspicions."

Adley and Colin:

Colin nodded and smiled, "Quite; for me, it's more a matter of assembling what knowledge I have and building on that through extrapolation and experiment. Some times, that happens abruptly when the puzzle pieces fit together, other times, it's slow progress... but there is always progress. But you are correct - there'll be plenty of time later."

"The best research is often done under burst of sudden insight Mr Wainwright. But yes I would love to sit down and have a lengthy discussion about this when time allows."
Cara said and smiled.

[quoteColin looked over at the latest arrivals, "Ah, you are here. Did Master Harris get to see any locally rare stones we might use as anchors before we leave?"][/quote]

"Yes I talked with him and he selected a few pieces, a granite variant mixed with other minerals from Norway called...ehm...something unpronounceable and black obsidian from the area around Pompeii both stones common but with properties found only where they come from."
Kristina says and pull one one small white piece of polished rock it looked like it an egg with spots of gray and yellow the other stone was black and vaguely transparent it was unpolished and looked like a lump of glass, which of course was exactly what it was, natural glass.

He smiled as he climbed into the van and held out a hand for Daisy, "If you would find a reliable seat then, Deaconess?"

Daisy takes your hand and let you "help" her into the van though thankfully you do not have to help pull a quarter ton of Primium into the car she do that herself, looking around she settle on the wider back seats.
"These looks sound enough Mr Wainwright, and thank you."
She says and sits down.

"I do believe that was taken care of that, yes," he said and glanced at Mrs Knox.

"It have indeed been taken care of Adley."
The Verbena confirms.

"We've got a few things to talk about as well," he said. "If I might impose upon someone to drive, that knows the area..."

"Certainly I can do that."
Kristina said and got up and moved to the driver's seat and held out her hand for the keys.
"I have lived in Chicago most of my life I know the area reasonably well.Did you want to discuss things along the way or before we go? Or to put it differently should I start driving as soon as everyone settle down or should I wait?"
She asked.

Then he nodded appreciatively at Daisy and the sets of boots. "Thank you, ma'am. That will certainly come in handy."

Daisy nodded and got up from the seat she had selected and distributed the boots she had made around, though she did so a bit nervously as it involved getting closer to strangers than she liked. There where boots for everyone now that the pair she had made for Cara was done and the nanobots had flown black up her sleeve.
"Oh it was nothing Mr Roth Hicks...I do hope they fit."
Daisy said and settle down in her seat again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:28 am

"Certainly I can do that." Kristina said and got up and moved to the driver's seat and held out her hand for the keys. "I have lived in Chicago most of my life I know the area reasonably well.Did you want to discuss things along the way or before we go? Or to put it differently should I start driving as soon as everyone settle down or should I wait?"

He walked around and held the keys out towards her. "Most of it we can discuss on the way, I believe. Though there was one concern with so many of us here now. This is not the only fight, I do not wish to overtax anyone. Just the same, we might need the help. I hesitate to say 'extra' help, given what we're about to do..." He didn't want to put her or anyone on the spot, nor tell the what their limits were - and he was hardly one to talk, he knew, but he was concerned all the same. "Has everyone gotten the full plan yet?" he asked, looking at Colin.

"Oh it was nothing Mr Roth Hicks...I do hope they fit." Daisy said and settle down in her seat again.

He ducked into the van he got a seat, ready to move over if he had to and put the bag at his feet. He started pulling the boots on to see if they fit.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:09 am

He walked around and held the keys out towards her. "Most of it we can discuss on the way, I believe.

Kristina took the keys and nodded.

Though there was one concern with so many of us here now. This is not the only fight, I do not wish to overtax anyone. Just the same, we might need the help. I hesitate to say 'extra' help, given what we're about to do..." He didn't want to put her or anyone on the spot, nor tell the what their limits were - and he was hardly one to talk, he knew, but he was concerned all the same. "Has everyone gotten the full plan yet?" he asked, looking at Colin.

"You need a healer, and if you need to take down a ward or other kind of magick then Cara might be needed, this is important as well we are denying the Nephandi a resource and if we do not send this many and instead of being successful the ones that go get killed would that be any better Adley?"
Kristina asked softly.
"I am tired I will not deny it but I can fight and I can heal, and beyond that I know vampires, as for the others everyone have abilities that the Chief thought might be needed or he would not have asked us all to go."
She said and Adjan nodded.
"You are tired as well Adley, you are good at protecting everyone but yourself."
He said carefully not to offend you.
"I at least have not gotten the plan Mr Roth Hicks, I have only been told to come here and that we are rescuing a vampire."
Cara said.

He ducked into the van he got a seat, ready to move over if he had to and put the bag at his feet. He started pulling the boots on to see if they fit.

The boots did fit, they felt just like pulling on boots made by more common means and not manufactured by a gray cloud of nanobots and they reached your knees so would provide good protection.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:44 am

You need a healer, and if you need to take down a ward or other kind of magick then Cara might be needed, this is important as well we are denying the Nephandi a resource and if we do not send this many and instead of being successful the ones that go get killed would that be any better Adley?" Kristina asked softly. "I am tired I will not deny it but I can fight and I can heal, and beyond that I know vampires, as for the others everyone have abilities that the Chief thought might be needed or he would not have asked us all to go."

He looked at her and gave her a nod. "Alright, good points."

She said and Adjan nodded. "You are tired as well Adley, you are good at protecting everyone but yourself." He said carefully not to offend you.

He had been ready to concede to Kristina's remarks and there wasn't time to argue over it. She was ready to go and wanted to help and it seemed Adjan wanted to go as well. But Adley looked surprised at the latter part of what Adjan said; he didn't like to hear it. Tired was one thing but not being good at protecting himself was the same as not being careful. And he had been trying, quite hard, to do just that. He scratched at his hair and looked over at Adjan again as if he wanted to dispute it but had come up short on facts to support the position and anyway, it would just suck their productive time right out and they couldn't afford that.

"I at least have not gotten the plan Mr Roth Hicks, I have only been told to come here and that we are rescuing a vampire."
Cara said.

"Very well, let's all get in and work the rest of this out, then," he said.

He laced up the boots and nodded, taking his shoes and tying the laces together. "Perfect..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:41 am

He looked at her and gave her a nod. "Alright, good points."

Kristina nodded at that and gave you a smile.

And he had been trying, quite hard, to do just that. He scratched at his hair and looked over at Adjan again as if he wanted to dispute it but had come up short on facts to support the position and anyway, it would just suck their productive time right out and they couldn't afford that.

Adjan looked down when you looked at him, he was worried that he had insulted you with his words, he did not know what to say though so he just sat there pulling on his new boots and lacing them up as he looked like he regretted his words while at the same time he was worried about you and how tired you where and how you put the safety of others before yourself to the point of putting yourself at risk.

"Very well, let's all get in and work the rest of this out, then," he said.

Cara nodded and gave a bit of a smile.
"Very well Mr Roth Hicks."
Kristina put the key in the ignition and started the car and drove out of Morningstar's garage.
"It will take us ten or fifteen minutes to get where we are going we can discuss the mission en route."
She said.

He laced up the boots and nodded, taking his shoes and tying the laces together. "Perfect...

Daisy nodded she could not smile but she seamed pleased.
"I am glad they fit Mr Roth Hicks."
She said and sounded a little less shy than earlier.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Colin nodded to Kristina, "Excellent - those look like they should be perfect for the task. The more unlikely a configuration of stones, the better."
He shook his head to Adley as he picked up his pair of boots and sat down to put them on, "Afraid I haven't given the full, detailed briefing yet; I was thinking it was best to leave out a few specifics until we got everyone into the car."
He nodded at the summary, "That's the gist of it - I requested Deaconess Darnell's aid for this run for, ah, her particular resilience should there be some hard-to-find Nephandic ward hidden in the stone walls around the cell; I know how to safely drain such a ward once it's tripped, but tripping it... well, I'm sorry to use such an undelicate term, but the good Deaconess accepted lightning rod duty for this one. If we are lucky, though, there'll be no need to poke at any harmful wards nor any combat while we are there at all. We can't trust that much luck, unfortunately."
He grinned at Adley's momentary befuddlement, "Now, I'll allow that Adley has internalized his House's nobler aspects, but in this particular case, I'm afraid I'll have to take the blame for dragging him along here. It is by my recommendation he comes along now, rather than head home for another urgent matter, but the reason for which is... not my story to tell. Suffice to say the matter is urgent enough to warrant us heading out right away, rather than get some much-needed rest first... Adley knows all the... individuals involved in the operation, and as such is crucial."
As the car left the garage, he added, "As for why we're rescuing a vampire at all... the Fallen wish to sacrifice him at dawn to greatly boost an Entropic Node they're supposed to be given access to in the morning. Obviously, we don't want such a Node, which is on Prince Lodin's rooftop, to fall into their hands, nor do we want it to be strengthened, given its nature..."

((OOC: Aw, man, good sleep... :3 Yeah, the box of chocolates comparison is good... If the one offering the chocolates is a twisted misanthrope who's made sure all the good pieces are already gone, and hidden the chart of fillings in advance. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Colin nodded to Kristina, "Excellent - those look like they should be perfect for the task. The more unlikely a configuration of stones, the better."

Kristina nods.
"Yes I assumed so, I hope these stones will do the job Mr Wainwright."

He nodded at the summary, "That's the gist of it - I requested Deaconess Darnell's aid for this run for, ah, her particular resilience should there be some hard-to-find Nephandic ward hidden in the stone walls around the cell; I know how to safely drain such a ward once it's tripped, but tripping it... well, I'm sorry to use such an undelicate term, but the good Deaconess accepted lightning rod duty for this one. If we are lucky, though, there'll be no need to poke at any harmful wards nor any combat while we are there at all. We can't trust that much luck, unfortunately."

Daisy nodded to you as you spoke the others glanced at her for a moment.
"And this cell is in a storm drain? Forgive me but I am a bit confused Mr Wainwright."
Cara said and looked at you.
"What do we assume that we will have to face going into this situation?"
She asked.
"And no it seams like the Tribunal are fresh out of luck so I would not bet on it unfortunately."

He grinned at Adley's momentary befuddlement, "Now, I'll allow that Adley has internalized his House's nobler aspects, but in this particular case, I'm afraid I'll have to take the blame for dragging him along here. It is by my recommendation he comes along now, rather than head home for another urgent matter, but the reason for which is... not my story to tell. Suffice to say the matter is urgent enough to warrant us heading out right away, rather than get some much-needed rest first... Adley knows all the... individuals involved in the operation, and as such is crucial."

"Off course and I meant no offense."
Adjan assured you.
"All I meant is that the current situation is one we all have to face and many of us are tired and in need of rest, but You and Adley do seam to be very good and worrying that others get the rest they need...while continuing doing what have to be done yourself, and I just mean we all have to pitch in equally in this if we are going to stop the Nephandi and there might not be rest to be had for any of us."

As the car left the garage, he added, "As for why we're rescuing a vampire at all... the Fallen wish to sacrifice him at dawn to greatly boost an Entropic Node they're supposed to be given access to in the morning. Obviously, we don't want such a Node, which is on Prince Lodin's rooftop, to fall into their hands, nor do we want it to be strengthened, given its nature..."

"I see, vampire rescuing it is then."
Cara said and Kristina navigated the car into traffic and said.
"Indeed, we do not want the Nephandi to get such a boost in resources, however since this seam to be important to them we have to assume they will be guarding their sacrificial...ehm...lamb well, we have to be prepared for trouble."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next