Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 17 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 am

"No, it is not right. Not at all..."

"No it is not..."
The boy repeated bitterly.

"Yes, but it too is dangerous. Then again, so is too little."

"Perhaps you are right Sir...and yet I have to admit I do want to know more, though I will not bother you by asking anymore."
Erichtho muttered.

"We certainly will try," he said with a nod to him.

"Thank you Sir..."
The boy said and nodded.
"Yes we will try...I just hope what we do will actually help. It feels like we can do so very little."

"Good, listen to those that know what they are doing when it comes to helping them. I know that if that...beast awakens, then he may not even recognize you, and might attack very strongly, much stronger and faster than any normal man. Just do take care. And never let him...even if he would I don't know...he may very well not want to...but do not drink his blood or let him drink yours. From what I understand it could harm your relationship...change it, not for the better."

"I will be vary Sir. I have heard they can fly into rages I will be careful and flee if he shows signs of one. And I would not want to drink his blood for any reason and as for him drinking mine I could only imagine that happening if he had to and there where no other source of nourishment for him but if you think that is dangerous, I will not let him do so."
The young hedge wizard agreed, he looked at you with wide, tearful eyes, confused and scared and worried over what was happening with his Mentor.

"I do not know for certain but I think it is almost like a passed out state while the sun is up," he said. He wished he could comfort him but really, he was grieving and the man -had- died...

"It is so hard to see him like this I...just wish I could do anything...I...do not know what to say or what to ask or anything...I just don't know..."
The young linear mage started sobbing softly again.

"Agreed. Well, he might appreciate the gesture at any rate."

Elanor moved over to Valiant to begin examining him for injuries.
"I can take care of getting him a blanket and getting him comfortable Sir."
She offered then she looked sadly at the man's apprentice.
"It is the least I can do."
She added softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 17 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:28 am

"I understand that Sir, there is allot I am not really allowed to talk about when it comes to my own society as well."
Erichtho said though she still looked interested and curious, she did not ask for further details about mage society though.
"Sometimes it's better not to know too much. Are there any other instructions other than the address you gave before and the picture?"
"No Sir, just the address and the picture."
Erichtho said and glanced up at you nervously.
"Yes sometimes knowledge can be dangerous, but knowledge is also power Sir."
She protested.
"Yes, but it too is dangerous. Then again, so is too little."
"Perhaps you are right Sir...and yet I have to admit I do want to know more, though I will not bother you by asking anymore."
Erichtho muttered.
Colin smiled wryly, "Knowledge is power, but so is electricity, and gripping an exposed high-voltage cable is not generally considered a healthy course of action... Sometimes, the pursuit of it needs to be tempered by asking oneself if this particular bit of knowledge or power will be an asset or a risk. Usually, the former, but there's a reason the phrase 'I could tell you, but I would have to kill you' is as commonplace as it is."

"I know Sir and I am not going to do anything stupid Sir, it will not help my Mentor if I get myself killed trying to avenge him, he would not want that. However this creature who hurt him have to pay...he have to pay for what he did!"
The young hedge wizard muttered sadly.
"Let us fight the one war we have going at a time, not that we don't all share the sentiment." Even as Tremere went, Nicolai was excessively problematic. Child brides, once mages. Turning someone into a vampire just because they could do it, to be cruel...
"Yes Sir, I know you are right I just..."
The young hedge wizard muttered then he sigh.
"I know you are right Sir...it is just so...it is not right this that have happened to my Mentor, it just is not right, he is a good man and never hurt anyone...it just is not right!"
He muttered in helpless frustration.
"No, it is not right. Not at all..."
"No it is not..."
The boy repeated bitterly.
He nodded slowly, "We'll need make sure to let the Prince know the full list of grievances against Nicolai, though - I'm sure conspiring to obliterate the city is frowned upon among the vampires, and it seems... making more vampires without authorization is illegal, too. Framing it for him as us solving a problem for him before the little snot drags us both into a war will probably not go amiss..."

"Yes I guess you are right, from the reaction of the vampire we encountered at the Post Office that staking is painful...perhaps our guest here had good reason to be afraid and I regret having scared her further."
Hayden said and sigh.
"Yes, let's not speak of that, shall we?" He looked a bit more grim having been reminded of Carmon, not that he had forgotten him.
"As you wish Sodalis."
Hayden said and nodded. You felt your Avatar's anger flare up for a moment as you thought of Carmon and stood there looking at the now sleeping Valiant, the man's tears made the fire angle wonder how her former host's friend had suffered and she wanted to burn Nicolai...she had wanted to burn many things as of late.
He nodded back and then felt the bout of anger from his avatar, pulling a slight face at the sensation before accepting the feeling and taking a breath. Another name to add to the growing list...
He glanced at Adley's expression for just an instant, and nodded quietly.

"Sure that works for me Mr Wainwright, just send me the information and I will send our guest where she need to go."
Joe said then he gave a whistle.
"Staked...as with a piece of wood, damn I have no idea what that would do with a vampire but I am sure it is not good. I will get her home safely and we will not have to harm her."
He promised.
He smiled thinly, "Excellent, just make sure to give us enough time to get clear of the girl - wouldn't want one of your resident Apprentices to accidentally go along, would we?"

"That is good, I would not have wanted to harm a teenage girl, even if I know she is not actually a teenager."
Hayden said and glanced at Erichtho. You place the phone back into the vampiress' pocket and then a minute or so later she just vanished, there was a loud pop as air rushed in to fill the vacant, sleeping teenager shaped spot. There was a ping on your phone with a message, which turned to be from Joe, it was a picture of Erichtho sleeping on a bed in the same apartment from her own picture, she had been safely placed in her own bed, still sleeping. Mr Valiant whimpered in his sleep from the loud pop, then he settled down into sleep.
"Is she safe Mr Wainwright?"
Hayden asked.
"No, she is not. She could be older than all of us added together for all we know but that is part of her tragedy. She was never allowed to grow up and then after, never could. Well, let us get things together as much as we can so that we can see to the other things that must be done now."
He nodded and showed Hayden the photo with a wry grin, "Remind me that if I ever need to creep someone out with a variant on 'the call came from inside the house', to ask Mr. Willis for assistance. And by her mannerisms, I suppose that she's still very much a teenager, frozen in time... Poor child."

"Yeah it...is not right. I mean one thing is staving of aging and death I am seventy eight myself, magick keeps me young but she is just a child..."
Hayden muttered and sadly shook his head.
"Yes let us just leave the apprentices to get Mr Valiant cleaned up and taken care of and lock him in here for now, perhaps get him a blanket, I do not know if they get cold...and get back to the Chief."
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, you certainly look spry for your age... Out of curiosity, were you here last time this Chantry broke up a Labyrinth, some seventy years ago?"

Elanor moved over to Valiant to begin examining him for injuries.
She added softly.
He smiled to Elanor, "Just don't forget to get those swabs bagged and delivered to Chief Joakim."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Knowledge is power, but so is electricity, and gripping an exposed high-voltage cable is not generally considered a healthy course of action... Sometimes, the pursuit of it needs to be tempered by asking oneself if this particular bit of knowledge or power will be an asset or a risk. Usually, the former, but there's a reason the phrase 'I could tell you, but I would have to kill you' is as commonplace as it is."

"I acknowledge the wisdom of your words Mr Wainwright. however it is also true that one have to dare to win, so while some knowledge can be dangerous to have, it's pursuit might be worth the risk...however while I am in effect your prisoner I am not going to press the issue."
Erictho said softly.

He nodded slowly, "We'll need make sure to let the Prince know the full list of grievances against Nicolai, though - I'm sure conspiring to obliterate the city is frowned upon among the vampires, and it seems... making more vampires without authorization is illegal, too. Framing it for him as us solving a problem for him before the little snot drags us both into a war will probably not go amiss..."

The young hedge wizard apprentice listened to your words and nodded, though he still look angry.
"It...would be better if we could deal with that monster without starting a conflict...as long as he pay for what he have done to my Mentor I will be satisfied but he can not be allowed to continue causing problems."
The boy muttered.

He smiled thinly, "Excellent, just make sure to give us enough time to get clear of the girl - wouldn't want one of your resident Apprentices to accidentally go along, would we?"

"No that would not be good...do not worry it will take me a few moments to set up the program."
Joe said.
"You have plenty of time to get clear Mr Wainwright."

He nodded and showed Hayden the photo with a wry grin, "Remind me that if I ever need to creep someone out with a variant on 'the call came from inside the house', to ask Mr. Willis for assistance. And by her mannerisms, I suppose that she's still very much a teenager, frozen in time... Poor child."

"Yes that would be a way to creep someone out indeed."
Hayden said.
"Mr Willis are a talented young man."
He said then he gave a sad nod.
"Yes she...is like a teenager, it is a tragedy what was done to her...I am glad we where able to find a solution so she would not be hurt further...poor thing..."
The Flambeau Adept said and gave you a slight, acknowledging nod.
"Than you for your help Mr Wainwright, you managed to handle her very well, I did not think anyone would be able to talk her down..."

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, you certainly look spry for your age... Out of curiosity, were you here last time this Chantry broke up a Labyrinth, some seventy years ago?"

"Magick can be useful for many things Mr Wainwright, however no I was not, I was at Mus Collage Chantry as a young apprentice at the time. I moved to Morningstar some thirty years ago.."
Hayden said and shook his head.

He smiled to Elanor, "Just don't forget to get those swabs bagged and delivered to Chief Joakim."

"I will do so Sir."
Elanor said as she worked.
"I will deliver them as soon as I am done here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 pm

"I acknowledge the wisdom of your words Mr Wainwright. however it is also true that one have to dare to win, so while some knowledge can be dangerous to have, it's pursuit might be worth the risk...however while I am in effect your prisoner I am not going to press the issue."
Erictho said softly.
He smirked, "Oh, I'm sure a clever and inquisitive person like yourself could find out - it just won't be from us."

The young hedge wizard apprentice listened to your words and nodded, though he still look angry.
"It...would be better if we could deal with that monster without starting a conflict...as long as he pay for what he have done to my Mentor I will be satisfied but he can not be allowed to continue causing problems."
The boy muttered.
He shook his head, "He's not getting away with it - we'll just want to make sure the Prince knows we have no desire for an all-out war when the one thorn in our side can be dealt with personally, without harming anyone else."

"Yes that would be a way to creep someone out indeed."
Hayden said.
"Mr Willis are a talented young man."
He said then he gave a sad nod.
"Yes she...is like a teenager, it is a tragedy what was done to her...I am glad we where able to find a solution so she would not be hurt further...poor thing..."
"Than you for your help Mr Wainwright, you managed to handle her very well, I did not think anyone would be able to talk her down..."
He nodded, "Skilled and ambitious. A potentially dangerous combination... but his ambitions are benevolent enough; I wish him luck on his path."
He smiled, "I suppose if anyone here could talk her down again, it would be me... We met earlier tonight, when she fled the Mercere Chantry; we spoke and parted amicably, and I had established enough goodwill to... calm her now. I wasn't sure that would be the case, but I had to try. Next time, you might wish to consider showing an empty hand and a friendly face first... and hold the stake and mallet out of sight long enough to establish the degree of hostility. I've not seen what this Beast of theirs is capable of, but... I know enough not to poke anything described as such needlessly."

"Magick can be useful for many things Mr Wainwright, however no I was not, I was at Mus Collage Chantry as a young apprentice at the time. I moved to Morningstar some thirty years ago.."
Hayden said and shook his head.
He nodded, "Mus... where is that, again... that's one of those on... other planets, of sorts, is it not?"

((OOC: So Erichtho has some measure of trust for Colin... Let's hope she doesn't work out how cynical he was about sampling her blood to get a link to Nicolai. That's the sort of thing that might make her... upset. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:19 pm

"Let us look to what we need to do for now," he said, not eager to talk about Lodin or his potential involvement.

"I will be vary Sir. I have heard they can fly into rages I will be careful and flee if he shows signs of one. And I would not want to drink his blood for any reason and as for him drinking mine I could only imagine that happening if he had to and there where no other source of nourishment for him but if you think that is dangerous, I will not let him do so."

"I'm sure others are more knowledgeable than I about that...topic however, I do believe so, yes."

"It is so hard to see him like this I...just wish I could do anything...I...do not know what to say or what to ask or anything...I just don't know..."

"I know....I am very sorry."

She added softly.

"Thank you."

"Yes, thank you," he said to Colin as well, looking a touch relieved that things had not gone worse, though they could hardly could be said to have gone well. As the pair began to speak of Mus, he said, "Let's get back to the Chief then and let him rest. Has he said to leave him alone for the time being?" he asked Colin.

// off for my long-as day see you later xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:56 pm

He smirked, "Oh, I'm sure a clever and inquisitive person like yourself could find out - it just won't be from us."

"I probably will eventually Sir, and like I said I will not ask more, you have treated me kindly so I will respect your wishes."
Erichtho said and smiled.

He shook his head, "He's not getting away with it - we'll just want to make sure the Prince knows we have no desire for an all-out war when the one thorn in our side can be dealt with personally, without harming anyone else."

"The Prince is that like their leader? Like a Deacon?"
The apprentice said then he nodded.
"What you say is sensible Sir and I will not fly of the handle and do something stupid, my Mentor would not wish me to do that. But some way, some how this Nicolai will pay."
He muttered bitterly and looked down at his sleeping teacher.

He nodded, "Skilled and ambitious. A potentially dangerous combination... but his ambitions are benevolent enough; I wish him luck on his path."

"There is nothing wrong with being ambitious Mr Wainwright as long as those ambitions do not harm anyone, as far as I know young Mr Willis he seams dedicated to learn the Ars of space and directions as well as he potentially can, perhaps surpassing his own teacher one day."
Hayden said and shrugged.
"I would be more concerned with him having a boy's mind and an Adept's power, he still need guidance but he means well."

He smiled, "I suppose if anyone here could talk her down again, it would be me... We met earlier tonight, when she fled the Mercere Chantry; we spoke and parted amicably, and I had established enough goodwill to... calm her now. I wasn't sure that would be the case, but I had to try. Next time, you might wish to consider showing an empty hand and a friendly face first... and hold the stake and mallet out of sight long enough to establish the degree of hostility. I've not seen what this Beast of theirs is capable of, but... I know enough not to poke anything described as such needlessly."

"I see, well in addition to that you do seam to have a way with people Mr Wainwright, I will take your advice though. Like I told my Sodalis I wanted to have the girl under control quickly, to not cause undue fear, that failed I will have to take a different approach next time, though I hope that there will never be such a next time. My teachers at Chantry Mus spoke of a time before the Order of Hermes joined the Traditions, our magick system where powerful but less free and we had few methods to restrain the powers of another mage. There where one spell but it required the prisoner to be stationary. Our system depended on words and gestures though, severely limiting a magus who could not move his fingers, sometimes when an dangerous prisoner where to be moved there where no choice but to crush their hands...I thought that would be the best analogy to what we tried to do to the Massassa girl as I could think of and if I lived back then and such a thing where to be done against me, I would rather have it done quickly without seeing it coming, than having to fear the pain to come..."
The Flambeau explained and looked down at his hands.
"Well I am glad the girl was spared further discomfort, as for her beast, well I have once seen Isabella Jarden loose control, though with fear not with anger, she accidently walked in on me and Magda while I was instructing my student on a Ignem spell...it was a frightening sight to see such a lady fall apart and become just a ravening animal fleeing in terror...quite frightening indeed, and no I would not want to poke that beast."

He nodded, "Mus... where is that, again... that's one of those on... other planets, of sorts, is it not?"

"Yes it was an great Umbral Collage Chantry, existing in one of the shard realms which are for a lack of a better term, the souls of plants, it was taken by the Technocracy in the early 1990's though, a great loss for the Order."
Hayden muttered regretfully.
"One day in an act of brilliant glory my House will claim it back and kick plenty of Union ass while we are at it."
He declared and grinned.

"Let us look to what we need to do for now," he said, not eager to talk about Lodin or his potential involvement.

"I guess that for now I tend to my Mentor Sir with Elanor's help and you more powerful magi kick Nephandi butt and make sure there is actually a world to live in come morning Sir."
Mr Valiant's apprentice said and tried to smile, though the smile was rather faint.

"I'm sure others are more knowledgeable than I about that...topic however, I do believe so, yes."

"I will ask Miss Jarden when she wakes up then, and otherwise be very careful, thank you for the advice Sir."
The young hedge wizard muttered.

"I know....I am very sorry."

"Thank you Sir...for your compassion."
The boy muttered softly he looked sad and lost.

"Yes, thank you," he said to Colin as well, looking a touch relieved that things had not gone worse, though they could hardly could be said to have gone well. As the pair began to speak of Mus, he said, "Let's get back to the Chief then and let him rest. Has he said to leave him alone for the time being?" he asked Colin.

"Yes let us go, we have things to do."
Hayden agreed he turned to Elanor.
"You have the responsibility to make sure both of you are kept safe while taking care of Mr Valiant girl."
He ordered and the apprentice nodded.
"Yes Sir...I will make sure we are safe."
She agreed and nodded then she went back to examining the newly made vampire carefully.

(OOC: Yeah Erichtho is a lonely teenager she is quick to trust.)
(OOC 2: Sorry for my late reply I have had some errands to run today.)
(OOC 3: Good luck Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 pm

"The Prince is that like their leader? Like a Deacon?"
The apprentice said then he nodded.
"What you say is sensible Sir and I will not fly of the handle and do something stupid, my Mentor would not wish me to do that. But some way, some how this Nicolai will pay."
He muttered bitterly and looked down at his sleeping teacher.
Colin scratched his cheek, "More like a feudal lord, I think, with absolute authority... As far as I can tell, he's generally the most powerful vampire of his city, not necessarily only politically. Of course, other major supernatural factions - us, presumably werewolves, the Union, and so on don't answer to him, but it seems he's largely a stabilizing force, so nobody wants to kick the anthill..."

"I guess that for now I tend to my Mentor Sir with Elanor's help and you more powerful magi kick Nephandi butt and make sure there is actually a world to live in come morning Sir."
Mr Valiant's apprentice said and tried to smile, though the smile was rather faint.
He gave a short nod.

"There is nothing wrong with being ambitious Mr Wainwright as long as those ambitions do not harm anyone, as far as I know young Mr Willis he seams dedicated to learn the Ars of space and directions as well as he potentially can, perhaps surpassing his own teacher one day."
"I would be more concerned with him having a boy's mind and an Adept's power, he still need guidance but he means well."
He smiled, "His ambitions are to teach and guide. If his ambitions were to lead the Traditions into glorious battle, I would be a little more concerned. And... I think the kid can do it; surpass Master Harris and... become something greater."

"I see, well in addition to that you do seam to have a way with people Mr Wainwright, I will take your advice though. Like I told my Sodalis I wanted to have the girl under control quickly, to not cause undue fear, that failed I will have to take a different approach next time, though I hope that there will never be such a next time. My teachers at Chantry Mus spoke of a time before the Order of Hermes joined the Traditions, our magick system where powerful but less free and we had few methods to restrain the powers of another mage. There where one spell but it required the prisoner to be stationary. Our system depended on words and gestures though, severely limiting a magus who could not move his fingers, sometimes when an dangerous prisoner where to be moved there where no choice but to crush their hands...I thought that would be the best analogy to what we tried to do to the Massassa girl as I could think of and if I lived back then and such a thing where to be done against me, I would rather have it done quickly without seeing it coming, than having to fear the pain to come..."
The Flambeau explained and looked down at his hands.
"Well I am glad the girl was spared further discomfort, as for her beast, well I have once seen Isabella Jarden loose control, though with fear not with anger, she accidently walked in on me and Magda while I was instructing my student on a Ignem spell...it was a frightening sight to see such a lady fall apart and become just a ravening animal fleeing in terror...quite frightening indeed, and no I would not want to poke that beast."
He nodded, "Nothing wrong with your reasoning - the only mistake, I think, was deciding on a course of action before checking her state of mind. Had she been already asleep, that would have been an entirely different matter, but as she was awake and confused... Well, what happened happened; no changing that now."
He grimaced, "Quite... I most decidedly did not see miss Jarden's reaction to a careless demonstration of a shard of primal flame..."

"Yes it was an great Umbral Collage Chantry, existing in one of the shard realms which are for a lack of a better term, the souls of plants, it was taken by the Technocracy in the early 1990's though, a great loss for the Order."
Hayden muttered regretfully.
"One day in an act of brilliant glory my House will claim it back and kick plenty of Union ass while we are at it."
He declared and grinned.
He nodded, "Well, if you need a crazy, but good pilot at that time, do give me a ring."

"Yes let us go, we have things to do."
Hayden agreed he turned to Elanor.
"You have the responsibility to make sure both of you are kept safe while taking care of Mr Valiant girl."
He ordered and the apprentice nodded.
"Yes Sir...I will make sure we are safe."
She agreed and nodded then she went back to examining the newly made vampire carefully.
He nodded, "The Chief said to make him as comfortable as possible, give him a blanket, and lock the door for now."
He sighed, "By the way, Adley, Freddy sends her regards from somewhen, possibly around the 25th century; she wouldn't specify..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:34 am

Colin scratched his cheek, "More like a feudal lord, I think, with absolute authority... As far as I can tell, he's generally the most powerful vampire of his city, not necessarily only politically. Of course, other major supernatural factions - us, presumably werewolves, the Union, and so on don't answer to him, but it seems he's largely a stabilizing force, so nobody wants to kick the anthill..."

"That sounds like a way to organize a society that can either go very good if their Prince is a good man...or woman, or very badly if they are power hungry misanthropes."
The young apprentice muttered then he looked concerned and asked.
"Sir will this Prince accept my Mentor? If he in danger from this person?"

He smiled, "His ambitions are to teach and guide. If his ambitions were to lead the Traditions into glorious battle, I would be a little more concerned. And... I think the kid can do it; surpass Master Harris and... become something greater."

"Yes...I see it as likely that he can do that indeed, it will be interesting to see how far young Mr Willis can go and I agree, his ambitions seam rather benign, the boy have some growing up to do, but he is at the core a good kid."
Hayden said and nodded.

He nodded, "Nothing wrong with your reasoning - the only mistake, I think, was deciding on a course of action before checking her state of mind. Had she been already asleep, that would have been an entirely different matter, but as she was awake and confused... Well, what happened happened; no changing that now."

"Yes well I thought I could overpower her quickly, and if I had gone in using magick I would have, however since I did not and relied on my own physical strength instead things did not go as intended."
The Hermetic muttered.
"Well no use spending any more time on it, we have to get ready for the fight ahead."

He grimaced, "Quite... I most decidedly did not see miss Jarden's reaction to a careless demonstration of a shard of primal flame..."

"Ah yes...no she would not have wanted you to see that Mr Wainwright, Miss Jarden is quite a proud woman who value her mind and intellect and would not like anyone to see her more primal nature."

He nodded, "Well, if you need a crazy, but good pilot at that time, do give me a ring."

The Flambeau Adept grinned and gave you a jovial slap on the shoulder.
"I might at that my good man, I might indeed."

He nodded, "The Chief said to make him as comfortable as possible, give him a blanket, and lock the door for now."

"Very well Sir I will do that."
Elanor said and nodded in agreement.
"I would like to stay with my Mentor if possible Sir."
Mr Valiant's young student protested and looked up at you from where he was sitting on the floor with the newly made vampire in his arms.

He sighed, "By the way, Adley, Freddy sends her regards from somewhen, possibly around the 25th century; she wouldn't specify..."

Hayden and the two young hedge wizard apprentices gave you surprised looks, none of them asked though. Betty raised an eyebrow.
"Communication across time Sir?"
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:43 am

"I guess that for now I tend to my Mentor Sir with Elanor's help and you more powerful magi kick Nephandi butt and make sure there is actually a world to live in come morning Sir." Mr Valiant's apprentice said and tried to smile, though the smile was rather faint.

He nodded to him. "Yes."

"I will ask Miss Jarden when she wakes up then, and otherwise be very careful, thank you for the advice Sir."
The young hedge wizard muttered

"Very good."

"Thank you Sir...for your compassion." The boy muttered softly he looked sad and lost.

"Like you, I wish there was more that I could do. But I do feel for your situations."

"Well, we can't lock up with them in the room...?" Then he arched an eyebrow at Colin, eyes widening a bit in surprise, mirroring the others as he talked about Freddy...from the future. "I have many questions but as usual little time to ask them. I will take those regards though and hope to get your crib notes if I need them."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:25 am

He nodded to him. "Yes."

The boy looked up at you with a faint smile and nodded.

"Very good."

Elena nodded but she did not have more to add.

"Like you, I wish there was more that I could do. But I do feel for your situations."

"I know that Sir and I am grateful for your kindness, all we really can do not is to make the boy comfortable."
The young apprentice muttered.

"Well, we can't lock up with them in the room...?" Then he arched an eyebrow at Colin, eyes widening a bit in surprise, mirroring the others as he talked about

"I am mostly done Sir."
Elana said and put the swabs she had used on Erichtho into plastic bags.
"I have no idea how to have a look at Mr Valiante's teeth they look perfectly normal to me, his abdomen is a bit hard though but since he is not breathing that is a lesser worry."
She muttered. The man's student looked at her for a moment then he said.
"I would not mind staying here with him when you lock up Sir."
He said but Hayden shook his head.
"Out of the question boy, you can not stay here it can be dangerous!"
Hayden exclaimed.
"Get him a blanket and let's go."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm

"That sounds like a way to organize a society that can either go very good if their Prince is a good man...or woman, or very badly if they are power hungry misanthropes."
The young apprentice muttered then he looked concerned and asked.
"Sir will this Prince accept my Mentor? If he in danger from this person?"
Colin shrugged, "Thus is the way of autocracies - you have to hope the person at the top is benevolent... and no, I'm afraid he won't offhand accept Mr. Valiant - at least, not so long as Nicolai is around to be punished for Embracing him without permission. With Nicolai dealt with... I don't know, but he might stand a chance as the wronged victim."

"Yes well I thought I could overpower her quickly, and if I had gone in using magick I would have, however since I did not and relied on my own physical strength instead things did not go as intended."
The Hermetic muttered.
"Well no use spending any more time on it, we have to get ready for the fight ahead."
He nodded, "Indeed."

The Flambeau Adept grinned and gave you a jovial slap on the shoulder.
"I might at that my good man, I might indeed."
He chuckled, "Just give me the time to get some flying lessons. I'm an excellent gunship pilot, but I'm still very much a rookie with an Umbral Ship, even if I have a few scattered memories of the next twenty years' experience..."

"Very well Sir I will do that."
Elanor said and nodded in agreement.
"I would like to stay with my Mentor if possible Sir."
Mr Valiant's young student protested and looked up at you from where he was sitting on the floor with the newly made vampire in his arms.
"Well, we can't lock up with them in the room...?"
"I am mostly done Sir."
Elana said and put the swabs she had used on Erichtho into plastic bags.
"I have no idea how to have a look at Mr Valiante's teeth they look perfectly normal to me, his abdomen is a bit hard though but since he is not breathing that is a lesser worry."
She muttered. The man's student looked at her for a moment then he said.
"I would not mind staying here with him when you lock up Sir."
He said but Hayden shook his head.
"Out of the question boy, you can not stay here it can be dangerous!"
Hayden exclaimed.
"Get him a blanket and let's go."
He shook his head, "I don't think that would be a good idea, son... As I understand it, this is an exceptionally difficult day for Mr. Valiant - I'd surmise he could potentially jerk awake in a frenzy and attack the nearest person. I don't necessarily think it's likely, but if Chief Joakim says to isolate him and lock the door, I take that as enough of an indication of danger, even during daylight hours. Even if the Order of Hermes has a particular issue with vampires. However, you might convince Mr. Willis to help you quickly set up a small surveillance camera in here, to keep an eye on your Mentor."

Hayden and the two young hedge wizard apprentices gave you surprised looks, none of them asked though. Betty raised an eyebrow.
"Communication across time Sir?"
She muttered.
Then he arched an eyebrow at Colin, eyes widening a bit in surprise, mirroring the others as he talked about Freddy...from the future. "I have many questions but as usual little time to ask them. I will take those regards though and hope to get your crib notes if I need them."
He grinned wryly, "Yes, I cheated a bit... Plucking someone out of the timestream for a chat would be... a bit more complicated than I think I could pull off right now, but I have discovered how to scry on another time. On board the Serafina was not the best place to make that discovery, but I digress... Scrying on a point in the future when I schedule someone to scry on the same point in the present, however, is an attempt on a workaround. I did not hit the time I expected, nor the person I'd presumed would be there to answer, but it seems someone else important to me further into the future was setting up, since I'll be telling her when I was gazing into the mirror - giving her a fixed point in time to scry back on. I got sort of the answers I needed, sort of the answers I wanted, and an impressive amount of details about which to speculate over the coming decades, or even centuries... Funny thing is, I don't think I could pull of the same maneuver in the opposite direction, but I'll be irritating the Consensus enough, soon enough... Ah, well..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Colin shrugged, "Thus is the way of autocracies - you have to hope the person at the top is benevolent... and no, I'm afraid he won't offhand accept Mr. Valiant - at least, not so long as Nicolai is around to be punished for Embracing him without permission. With Nicolai dealt with... I don't know, but he might stand a chance as the wronged victim."

"I do not know what would be best for him, to become a part of vampire society or stay here with us...perhaps Miss Jarden can teach him how to be what he is now...we can take good care of him can we not?"
The apprentice muttered then he looked a bit fearful.
"This Prince will not try to come after him will he, I know Miss Jarden seldom leave the Chantry for she is afraid of her own people harming her."

He chuckled, "Just give me the time to get some flying lessons. I'm an excellent gunship pilot, but I'm still very much a rookie with an Umbral Ship, even if I have a few scattered memories of the next twenty years' experience..."

"Your memories from the future is quite confusing Mr Wainwright, not as confusing as my Cultist Cabalmate, but Loretta aside I have never been able to wrap my head around that, I do hope you have the skills you need when we one day move on Mus to take her back though, it would be good to have you at our side."
Hayden said and grinned again.

He shook his head, "I don't think that would be a good idea, son... As I understand it, this is an exceptionally difficult day for Mr. Valiant - I'd surmise he could potentially jerk awake in a frenzy and attack the nearest person. I don't necessarily think it's likely, but if Chief Joakim says to isolate him and lock the door, I take that as enough of an indication of danger, even during daylight hours.

The boy hung his head a bit but he nodded.
"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright...that was your name right Sir? I heard the others call you so...I do not like to leave my Mentor though."
He muttered as he gently placed his sleeping teacher on the ground and put his jacket under the man's head.
"I will go and find a blanket."
Betty said and went into another storage room, shortly after she came back with a tick, knitted blanket and placed it around Mr Valiant.
"Hopefully this will keep Alan snug and warm."
She she told the apprentice and the boy nodded.
"Thank you Betty..."
He muttered.

Even if the Order of Hermes has a particular issue with vampires. However, you might convince Mr. Willis to help you quickly set up a small surveillance camera in here, to keep an eye on your Mentor."

"I will ask Joe to help Sir...and it is a good idea, but I just do not like to leave him, it do not feel right..."
The boy muttered and hesitantly got to his feet.
"I will not make a fuss Sir, my teacher have kept some of what is happening from me but I know it is serious, I will not hold up things but it crate this knot in my gut to leave him here."
The apprentice said before he started crying softly again.

He grinned wryly, "Yes, I cheated a bit... Plucking someone out of the timestream for a chat would be... a bit more complicated than I think I could pull off right now, but I have discovered how to scry on another time. On board the Serafina was not the best place to make that discovery, but I digress... Scrying on a point in the future when I schedule someone to scry on the same point in the present, however, is an attempt on a workaround.

"The Senefina...no I can not imagine that would be a good play to scry, in time or anything else."
Hayden muttered then he nodded.
"Well your work around is cleaver enough Mr Wainwright."
He said and nodded.
"I take it that it worked?"

I did not hit the time I expected, nor the person I'd presumed would be there to answer, but it seems someone else important to me further into the future was setting up, since I'll be telling her when I was gazing into the mirror - giving her a fixed point in time to scry back on. I got sort of the answers I needed, sort of the answers I wanted, and an impressive amount of details about which to speculate over the coming decades, or even centuries... Funny thing is, I don't think I could pull of the same maneuver in the opposite direction, but I'll be irritating the Consensus enough, soon enough... Ah, well..."

"My Cultist Cabalmate Lorette DeMeera would like you Mr Wainwright. But yes that is quite remarkable, you are a resourceful man Mr Wainwright...I would love to hear more but I think we should get back to Chief Joakim. I am glad you got the answers you needed though, and as for the Consensus...well we all like to irritate them now don't we..."
He said and smiled softly, then he raised his voice a little, but not enough to wake the sleeping vampire.
"Alright everyone let's go, I want to get this room locked up!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:02 pm

"I do not know what would be best for him, to become a part of vampire society or stay here with us...perhaps Miss Jarden can teach him how to be what he is now...we can take good care of him can we not?"
The apprentice muttered then he looked a bit fearful.
"This Prince will not try to come after him will he, I know Miss Jarden seldom leave the Chantry for she is afraid of her own people harming her."
Colin sighed, "It's not for me to say... I believe the two individuals who have to make that call would be Chief Joakim and Mr. Valiant. As for the Prince... probably not; at least not so long as he is sheltered here and the Prince remains unaware of him. Heavens know how long that will last..."

"Your memories from the future is quite confusing Mr Wainwright, not as confusing as my Cultist Cabalmate, but Loretta aside I have never been able to wrap my head around that, I do hope you have the skills you need when we one day move on Mus to take her back though, it would be good to have you at our side."
Hayden said and grinned again.
He grinned, "Actually, it's surprisingly how easily the absurdity of it resolves itself. Master Steelhaven implied I might have a great untapped talent for Chronomancy; it seems he was spot on - as usual when it comes to predictions. And yes, I believe I should - as I remember, the controls are largely comparable; the important distinction is how very different the Umbra is, relative to Earth atmosphere and gravitation. I suppose it's similar to the retraining necessary for astronauts with Air Force backgrounds, really."

The boy hung his head a bit but he nodded.
"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright...that was your name right Sir? I heard the others call you so...I do not like to leave my Mentor though."
He muttered as he gently placed his sleeping teacher on the ground and put his jacket under the man's head.
"I will go and find a blanket."
Betty said and went into another storage room, shortly after she came back with a tick, knitted blanket and placed it around Mr Valiant.
"Hopefully this will keep Alan snug and warm."
She she told the apprentice and the boy nodded.
"Thank you Betty..."
He muttered.
He nodded and patted Valiant's Apprentice on the shoulder, giving it a light squeeze, "Yes, Colin Wainwright... But leaving Mr. Valiant alone right now is probably the wisest course of action - staying alone with a fresh vampire is probably reckless at best."

"I will ask Joe to help Sir...and it is a good idea, but I just do not like to leave him, it do not feel right..."
The boy muttered and hesitantly got to his feet.
"I will not make a fuss Sir, my teacher have kept some of what is happening from me but I know it is serious, I will not hold up things but it crate this knot in my gut to leave him here."
The apprentice said before he started crying softly again.
He sighed, "Leaving him to rest alone is one thing, but you don't have to leave him unattended in the meantime... At the very least, you'll be leaving him in a safe place, rather than on a battlefield... you know where he is, and that he's as secure as can be. Believe me... that's a great help."

"The Senefina...no I can not imagine that would be a good play to scry, in time or anything else."
Hayden muttered then he nodded.
"Well your work around is cleaver enough Mr Wainwright."
He said and nodded.
"I take it that it worked?"
He nodded, "Next time I'm examining that ship, at least I'll be prepared... Hum, perhaps I could make a special camera lens to help record everything without watching it all at once... That could help..."
He shook his head, "Well, yes, thank you, and... it worked-ish."

"My Cultist Cabalmate Lorette DeMeera would like you Mr Wainwright. But yes that is quite remarkable, you are a resourceful man Mr Wainwright...I would love to hear more but I think we should get back to Chief Joakim. I am glad you got the answers you needed though, and as for the Consensus...well we all like to irritate them now don't we..."
He said and smiled softly, then he raised his voice a little, but not enough to wake the sleeping vampire.
"I'd be glad to discuss the bizarre nature of things with her, but that is indeed for another day... Now, we have a Labyrinth to smite, and hopefully some Fallen with too much Consensus breathing down their necks to make them easy prey..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Colin sighed, "It's not for me to say... I believe the two individuals who have to make that call would be Chief Joakim and Mr. Valiant. As for the Prince... probably not; at least not so long as he is sheltered here and the Prince remains unaware of him. Heavens know how long that will last..."

"Perhaps it would be best if the Prince remained unaware of my Mentor Mr Wainwright, at least for now."
The apprentice said protectively.
"I just hope we are able to protect him but yes it is up to the Chief what we can do, I just hope he will keep my teacher safe."

He grinned, "Actually, it's surprisingly how easily the absurdity of it resolves itself. Master Steelhaven implied I might have a great untapped talent for Chronomancy; it seems he was spot on - as usual when it comes to predictions.

"I do think the Good Master Steelhaven might be right Mr Wainwright. Being able to manipulate Time is a useful skill, I do wish you good luck in developing that talent though."
Hayden said and nodded.

And yes, I believe I should - as I remember, the controls are largely comparable; the important distinction is how very different the Umbra is, relative to Earth atmosphere and gravitation. I suppose it's similar to the retraining necessary for astronauts with Air Force backgrounds, really."

"Yes navigating the Umbra can be a bit of a challenge, I can not travel the Umbra myself but I do hear it have to do with associations, of following symbols rather than directions. I am sure you will be good at piloting an Umbral ship though in time, and that to is a useful skill to have."

He nodded and patted Valiant's Apprentice on the shoulder, giving it a light squeeze, "Yes, Colin Wainwright... But leaving Mr. Valiant alone right now is probably the wisest course of action - staying alone with a fresh vampire is probably reckless at best."

The boy looked at you with tearful, sa eyes.
"I am Jonas Tander."
He muttered when you confirmed your name.
"I know you are right, I know that logically but it still feels rotten to leave him here alone."
He muttered and looked at his Mentor.

He sighed, "Leaving him to rest alone is one thing, but you don't have to leave him unattended in the meantime... At the very least, you'll be leaving him in a safe place, rather than on a battlefield... you know where he is, and that he's as secure as can be. Believe me... that's a great help."

"I...you are right Sir. I will ask Joe for a surveillance camera. I just wish I could comfort him in some way, but I guess leaving him to rest safely is the best we can do for now...but I hate this Sir, I just hate it."
The boy said and wiped some tears from his eyes.

He nodded, "Next time I'm examining that ship, at least I'll be prepared... Hum, perhaps I could make a special camera lens to help record everything without watching it all at once... That could help..."

"A lens to work magick Mr Wainwright? That sounds like something a Etherite would do, or a member of House Thig. I am not sure I can wrap my heads around that but if it works for you and you think it will work then go for it."

He shook his head, "Well, yes, thank you, and... it worked-ish."

The Flambeau nodded at that.

"I'd be glad to discuss the bizarre nature of things with her, but that is indeed for another day... Now, we have a Labyrinth to smite, and hopefully some Fallen with too much Consensus breathing down their necks to make them easy prey..."

"I am sure Loretta would like that Mr Wainwright...but yes let us go...hum using Paradox as a weapon against the Fallen, that is an interesting idea...well then let us go everyone."
Hayden said and begun herding the hedge wizards out of the room. Jonas went but very hesitantly and he glanced back into the room with his sleeping Mentor."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:38 pm

"I am mostly done Sir." Elana said and put the swabs she had used on Erichtho into plastic bags. "I have no idea how to have a look at Mr Valiante's teeth they look perfectly normal to me, his abdomen is a bit hard though but since he is not breathing that is a lesser worry." She muttered. The man's student looked at her for a moment then he said.

"Hm...well, as I understand it, his...form will become permanent within a certain amount of time, so it is important to make sure his teeth are going to function." He frowned. "I would consult with Mrs Knox as soon as possible. It would be good if we could catch her before she rests though I know she has had a very long evening it could prevent later issues for him."

"I would not mind staying here with him when you lock up Sir." He said but Hayden shook his head. "Out of the question boy, you can not stay here it can be dangerous!" Hayden exclaimed. "Get him a blanket and let's go."
He shook his head, "I don't think that would be a good idea, son... As I understand it, this is an exceptionally difficult day for Mr. Valiant - I'd surmise he could potentially jerk awake in a frenzy and attack the nearest person. I don't necessarily think it's likely, but if Chief Joakim says to isolate him and lock the door, I take that as enough of an indication of danger, even during daylight hours. Even if the Order of Hermes has a particular issue with vampires. However, you might convince Mr. Willis to help you quickly set up a small surveillance camera in here, to keep an eye on your Mentor."

"That is a good idea, if it does not impact security. Or we could see if there is a spirit that might watch him," he agreed.

He grinned wryly, "Yes, I cheated a bit... Plucking someone out of the timestream for a chat would be... a bit more complicated than I think I could pull off right now, but I have discovered how to scry on another time. On board the Serafina was not the best place to make that discovery, but I digress... Scrying on a point in the future when I schedule someone to scry on the same point in the present, however, is an attempt on a workaround. I did not hit the time I expected, nor the person I'd presumed would be there to answer, but it seems someone else important to me further into the future was setting up, since I'll be telling her when I was gazing into the mirror - giving her a fixed point in time to scry back on. I got sort of the answers I needed, sort of the answers I wanted, and an impressive amount of details about which to speculate over the coming decades, or even centuries... Funny thing is, I don't think I could pull of the same maneuver in the opposite direction, but I'll be irritating the Consensus enough, soon enough... Ah, well..."

"You are only making more curious and confused amicus but I hope that it was helpful. Let's go."

I'd be glad to discuss the bizarre nature of things with her, but that is indeed for another day... Now, we have a Labyrinth to smite, and hopefully some Fallen with too much Consensus breathing down their necks to make them easy prey..."
"I am sure Loretta would like that Mr Wainwright...but yes let us go...hum using Paradox as a weapon against the Fallen, that is an interesting idea...well then let us go everyone."
Hayden said and begun herding the hedge wizards out of the room. Jonas went but very hesitantly and he glanced back into the room with his sleeping Mentor."

He nodded to Hayden and Colin and stepped outside the room, waiting for the others.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:45 pm

[quote"Hm...well, as I understand it, his...form will become permanent within a certain amount of time, so it is important to make sure his teeth are going to function." He frowned. "I would consult with Mrs Knox as soon as possible. It would be good if we could catch her before she rests though I know she has had a very long evening it could prevent later issues for him."][/quote]

"I can call her Sir."
Elanor said and fished out her phone, she called someone up then as the call was picked up she quickly explained the situation.
"Mrs Knox...this is Elanor...yeah I have a problem, sorry to disturb you ma'am...one of our linear magi have...been turned into a vampire...Mr Valiant...yes we have him here and he is sleeping but I was told to make sure his teeth have grown in as they should and if he have any injuries but I do not know how to do that, I mean I have checked him for injuries and all I can find is that is belly is a little hard...ok...ok...ehm yeah I can try that..."
The hedge wizard said and leaned Alan Valiant's head a bit back and gently opened his mouth while she supported the phone against her head with her shoulder.
"Ok...in the gums...ok...what do you mean like cat claws ma'am?"
She asked and she clearly got a response for she gently pressed on the former hedge wizard's gums and small, razor sharp fans folded out, indeed like the claws of a cat.
"Ok...yes they seam to be ok...yes he is in the green storage room in the sub basement...ok ma'am thank you."
Elanor hung up on the call and turned to you.
"Sir his teeth seam to be ok, and Mrs Knox says that his belly are caused by gasses and organs that will either dry up or ehm...vomit them up...ehm..."
She said and looked a bit disgusted.
"Mrs Knox says she will come down here to have a look at Mr Valiant as soon as she is done with her patients."
She informed you.

"That is a good idea, if it does not impact security. Or we could see if there is a spirit that might watch him," he agreed.

"I do not know how to ask a spirit for help Sir, but if I get someone to help me with it that works as well."
The young apprentice said softly.
"If you think that is better than a security camera."

He nodded to Hayden and Colin and stepped outside the room, waiting for the others.

Soon Hayden, you Colin and the three hedge wizards where gathered outside of the green room and Hayden carefully locked and bolted the door from the outside.
"Very well everyone, let us go..."
He said. Elanor was busy comforting Jonas but she glanced up at you and Colin.
"Do you want the swabs from the vampire guest now, or should I take them to the Chief Sir?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:15 pm

"Perhaps it would be best if the Prince remained unaware of my Mentor Mr Wainwright, at least for now."
The apprentice said protectively.
"I just hope we are able to protect him but yes it is up to the Chief what we can do, I just hope he will keep my teacher safe."
Colin nodded, "Very much so."

"I do think the Good Master Steelhaven might be right Mr Wainwright. Being able to manipulate Time is a useful skill, I do wish you good luck in developing that talent though."
Hayden said and nodded.
He smiled, "Thank you... It's probably going to give me a number of headaches and worse over the years. Especially when I finally get to haul my past self into a more recent past from a more distant future... It will have gotten complicated."

The boy looked at you with tearful, sa eyes.
"I am Jonas Tander."
He muttered when you confirmed your name.
"I know you are right, I know that logically but it still feels rotten to leave him here alone."
He muttered and looked at his Mentor.
He nodded, "It would, Mr. Tander, but right now, he's best protected not by staying by his side, but by aiding the efforts to stop those who would bring about the end of the world... I'm not saying you should go to battle, Heaven forbid, but you can make your Mentor far more proud in assisting well behind the lines; the infirmary, supplies, strategic coordination, and all that is as vital, if not more so, as the people on the front line."

"I...you are right Sir. I will ask Joe for a surveillance camera. I just wish I could comfort him in some way, but I guess leaving him to rest safely is the best we can do for now...but I hate this Sir, I just hate it."
The boy said and wiped some tears from his eyes.
He smiled thinly, "Well, aside from a well loved teddy bear or something like that... keeping an eye on him and calling him as soon as he wakes up might be the best thing he'll be fully able to appreciate."

"A lens to work magick Mr Wainwright? That sounds like something a Etherite would do, or a member of House Thig. I am not sure I can wrap my heads around that but if it works for you and you think it will work then go for it."
He smiled and fished out the Prime monocle, intoning a simple "Magia spectare!" and handed it to Hayden, "A simple rote manifested in a specialized Focus can be a most flexible tool, especially when the effect can be appreciated by whoever holds the Focus in question. My method would likely be more akin to House Thig than the Etherites, I think."

"You are only making more curious and confused amicus but I hope that it was helpful. Let's go."
He grinned at Adley, eyes glittering slightly with mischief, "I'm happy to be of help with that."
He cleared his throat, serious again, "That said, some of the details of the chat actually do implicate you, to some extent... we can take that in private, later; it is a matter for another time."

"Well, more that there are three identified surviving Fallen who received a substantial helping of Paradox when they got caught between a rock and a hard HIT-Mark strike team... Yes, let's get back to the Security Office."
He nodded and followed the others along, giving Jonas a light, friendly pat on the back.

Soon Hayden, you Colin and the three hedge wizards where gathered outside of the green room and Hayden carefully locked and bolted the door from the outside.
"Very well everyone, let us go..."
He said. Elanor was busy comforting Jonas but she glanced up at you and Colin.
"Do you want the swabs from the vampire guest now, or should I take them to the Chief Sir?"
He smiled and held his hand out to Elanor, "If you've bagged them, I can take them; we're heading up there right away in any case, and the office is small enough as it is. Thank you."

((OOC: Arete roll for that simple magic scan: 2,4,8 - two successes should be more than enough to show Hayden how the monocle works - a shallow scan, but sufficient for the principle. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:03 pm

"I can call her Sir...Mrs Knox says she will come down here to have a look at Mr Valiant as soon as she is done with her patients."

"Well, I suppose it will be the quickest way but we should get this room secured for his safety. I don't like using phones if I can help it," he said. As he listened to the one side of the situation being described, he watched the woman check over Mr Valient. When she put her hands towards his face he stood ready in case the man awoke, but he didn't seem to awaken even after she pushed at his gums, forcing his teeth out. Adley frowned at the sight of them. As Elanor spoke of the state of his organs he grimaced and then looked over at him; he was in for a rough time. He hoped his apprentice would be spared having to see that happen at least. "Thank you. Well, I think he can be left to...rest for now."

"I do not know how to ask a spirit for help Sir, but if I get someone to help me with it that works as well." The young apprentice said softly. "If you think that is better than a security camera."

"I am sure someone can help choose a good system to use," he agreed. "I am not sure which is better in this instance, but technological methods can sometimes be compromised in different ways than spiritual ones."

He grinned at Adley, eyes glittering slightly with mischief, "I'm happy to be of help with that." He cleared his throat, serious again, "That said, some of the details of the chat actually do implicate you, to some extent... we can take that in private, later; it is a matter for another time."

"I understand." Then he gave him a wry look. "And now, my curiosity intensifies. However I trust your sense of timing. Let us go then," he said, ready to head back to the Chief's off after Hayden had secured the room.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:06 am

He smiled, "Thank you... It's probably going to give me a number of headaches and worse over the years. Especially when I finally get to haul my past self into a more recent past from a more distant future... It will have gotten complicated."

"Perhaps but then again, by the time you have the ability to perform such a feat, chances are it will no longer feel complicated to you."
Hayden said and raised and eyebrow.
"Your perceptions will after all change as your understanding and power grows."

He nodded, "It would, Mr. Tander, but right now, he's best protected not by staying by his side, but by aiding the efforts to stop those who would bring about the end of the world... I'm not saying you should go to battle, Heaven forbid, but you can make your Mentor far more proud in assisting well behind the lines; the infirmary, supplies, strategic coordination, and all that is as vital, if not more so, as the people on the front line."

"I...will try Sir and I know it is important, I will try my best and I do want my Mentor to be proud of me, it is just that he seams so...frail where he is laying, I so want to do something...something to make it all ok again but I can't, and it never will be ok again, ever."
The boy said and looked down sadly.
"However I will do my duty as a member of this Chantry."
He promised softly.

He smiled thinly, "Well, aside from a well loved teddy bear or something like that... keeping an eye on him and calling him as soon as he wakes up might be the best thing he'll be fully able to appreciate."

"My mentor have always been more for books than such mementos...I guess you are right though, it is the only thing I can do, keeping an eye on hum and being there when he wakes up. I do wonder how much he is able to sense of his surroundings at the moment though, do you think he feels lonely Mr Wainwright?"
The young hedge wizard asked.

He smiled and fished out the Prime monocle, intoning a simple "Magia spectare!" and handed it to Hayden, "A simple rote manifested in a specialized Focus can be a most flexible tool, especially when the effect can be appreciated by whoever holds the Focus in question. My method would likely be more akin to House Thig than the Etherites, I think."

Hayden took the monocle and glanced through it, then nodded and handed it back.
"Most interesting Mr Wainwright...and you activate it by a command phrase then?"
He asked.
"Yes a specialized focus can be most useful at times, but impractical as well if that tool should become damaged or lost."

"Well, more that there are three identified surviving Fallen who received a substantial helping of Paradox when they got caught between a rock and a hard HIT-Mark strike team... Yes, let's get back to the Security Office."

"Good hopefully they will be to sick to offer much resistance when we attack, at least we can hope."
Hayden muttered grimly.

Yes, let's get back to the Security Office."
He nodded and followed the others along, giving Jonas a light, friendly pat on the back.

Hayden nodded as he herded everyone out of the storage room. Jonas gave you a bit of a smile but the boy seamed sad and lost and still very much upset over what had happened to his Mentor.

He smiled and held his hand out to Elanor, "If you've bagged them, I can take them; we're heading up there right away in any case, and the office is small enough as it is. Thank you."

"I did bag them Sir."
Elanor said and handed you a plastic bag full of bloody cotton swabs separated into two individual bags, one for Erichtho and one for Alan Valiant.
"I hope this will be sufficient Sir."

"Well, I suppose it will be the quickest way but we should get this room secured for his safety. I don't like using phones if I can help it," he said. As he listened to the one side of the situation being described, he watched the woman check over Mr Valient. When she put her hands towards his face he stood ready in case the man awoke, but he didn't seem to awaken even after she pushed at his gums, forcing his teeth out. Adley frowned at the sight of them. As Elanor spoke of the state of his organs he grimaced and then looked over at him; he was in for a rough time. He hoped his apprentice would be spared having to see that happen at least. "Thank you. Well, I think he can be left to...rest for now."

"I am sorry Sir, I just thought that calling Mrs Knox would be the most practical way to find out if something had to be done for Mr Valiant."
Elanor said when she hung up.
"I do know the Union at times keeps track of phone calls, but they can not watch all of them can they?"
She said as she put her phone away, she glanced down at the sleeping vampire.
"Poor man...yet let us let him rest...he will need his strength it seams."
She muttered with compassion in her voice.

"I am sure someone can help choose a good system to use," he agreed. "I am not sure which is better in this instance, but technological methods can sometimes be compromised in different ways than spiritual ones."

"I will ask Joe Willis what he recommends then."
Jonas said and nodded.
"You are thinking about the Technocracy hacking into the security camera Sir? I guess that is possible but what would they gain from that?"
The sad young hedge wizard asked as he glanced over at you.

"I understand." Then he gave him a wry look. "And now, my curiosity intensifies. However I trust your sense of timing. Let us go then," he said, ready to head back to the Chief's off after Hayden had secured the room.

Hayden finished securing the door and then started to go upstairs. Jonas followed along but he gave some uncertain glances back. Betty put her hand on the boy's shoulder as she lead him upstairs.
"Let me help you to your room Jonas so you can wash up."
She offered and the boy nodded. The small group of magick users made it up the stairs and out of the basement.
"I will head to the Chief's office to give him a rapport."
Hayden said as the hedge wizards bowed and headed off towards the secondary building where they had their apartments.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:31 am

"I am sorry Sir, I just thought that calling Mrs Knox would be the most practical way to find out if something had to be done for Mr Valiant." Elanor said when she hung up. "I do know the Union at times keeps track of phone calls, but they can not watch all of them can they?"

"I understand and it very well might be practical given the circumstances. As for watching them all...if I can prevent them having a potential source of information or something that they might use against us, I try to do so if I can. Can they watch them all?" he made a slight sort of shrug with a wave of a hand. "Perhaps they don't need to...but that's a question best put to technomancers than I."

"I will ask Joe Willis what he recommends then." Jonas said and nodded. "You are thinking about the Technocracy hacking into the security camera Sir? I guess that is possible but what would they gain from that?

"I am not saying they are but such things are possible. What is a camera but a mechanical eye? And what do eyes do?" he said. "Spirits have their own ways as well. But yes, I think that we can find something that will help us keep an eye out for him."

"I will head to the Chief's office to give him a rapport." Hayden said as the hedge wizards bowed and headed off towards the secondary building where they had their apartments.

He nodded to the hedge wizards as they parted ways. "Thank you for help, both of you." Then he glanced at Colin as he turned to follow Hayden.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:45 am

"I understand and it very well might be practical given the circumstances. As for watching them all...if I can prevent them having a potential source of information or something that they might use against us, I try to do so if I can. Can they watch them all?" he made a slight sort of shrug with a wave of a hand. "Perhaps they don't need to...but that's a question best put to technomancers than I."

"But would not that mean we should stop using phones? If even calling someone else on the same Chantry is dangerous?"
Elanor said in soft protest, the hedge wizard clearly thought you where over reacting, but as an apprentice third degree you where far above her in the Hermetic hierarchy and she did not dare argue directly.

"I am not saying they are but such things are possible. What is a camera but a mechanical eye? And what do eyes do?" he said. "Spirits have their own ways as well. But yes, I think that we can find something that will help us keep an eye out for him."

"Could not a spirit also be enticed to betray us, we can not guard against every possible way for our enemies to gain information, but all the younger magi have computers, most of them have cameras, if the Union wanted information would not hacking one of those give them more than a camera pointed towards one poor man transitioning into a vampire, what tactical information could they possibly gain from that other than that we have lost one of our own."
Elanor asked she clearly though that you might be to cautious then she looked down.
"Forgive me Sir it is not my place to question. I will take Jonas and find someone to get a spirit to watch his Mentor."
She said apologetically. Jonas said nothing he just looked sadly down.

He nodded to the hedge wizards as they parted ways. "Thank you for help, both of you." Then he glanced at Colin as he turned to follow Hayden.

Berry gave you warm smile as she left, Jonas was to upset to notice your nod while Elanor gave you a polite bow as she lead Jonas towards his apartment. You get to the Security Office. Joakim open the door when Hayden knocks on the door.
"Ah come in, all of you."
He said.
"How did it go?"
He asked. You see that Lady Crexia was in his office as the door is opened for you, Hayden and Colin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:09 am

"Perhaps but then again, by the time you have the ability to perform such a feat, chances are it will no longer feel complicated to you."
Hayden said and raised and eyebrow.
"Your perceptions will after all change as your understanding and power grows."
Colin grimaced, "I was thinking of Paradox, actually... Reality is a harsh mistress."

"My mentor have always been more for books than such mementos...I guess you are right though, it is the only thing I can do, keeping an eye on hum and being there when he wakes up. I do wonder how much he is able to sense of his surroundings at the moment though, do you think he feels lonely Mr Wainwright?"
The young hedge wizard asked.
He frowned, "I think... he's sleeping like the dead, quite literally, but with a nasty nightmare. When he wakes up, though..."

Hayden took the monocle and glanced through it, then nodded and handed it back.
"Most interesting Mr Wainwright...and you activate it by a command phrase then?"
He asked.
"Yes a specialized focus can be most useful at times, but impractical as well if that tool should become damaged or lost."
He smiled smugly and wiped the effect off before returning the monocle to the case again, "No, I cast the spell every time. That allows for greater variation in discerning detail; at such scarce effort invested, it's enough to see the presence of magic. Taking a bit longer to concentrate on what I am specifically looking for, and I could likely pick out three Magi who specialize in fire out of a gathered Chantry, if I so wanted. But the lens is just a piece of glass, the perfectly circular, engraved frame is the actual Focus. The glass is a convenient containment for the effect. And yes, it would be temporarily inconvenient to lose my monocles. It would make my work a little more difficult... but they are surprpsingly easy to replace."

"Good hopefully they will be to sick to offer much resistance when we attack, at least we can hope."
Hayden muttered grimly.
He nodded, "Ideally, they'll be too sick somewhere else. They could still be able to shoot straight, after all."

"I did bag them Sir."
Elanor said and handed you a plastic bag full of bloody cotton swabs separated into two individual bags, one for Erichtho and one for Alan Valiant.
"I hope this will be sufficient Sir."
He held up the bag for a moment, "Yes, I believe it should... it's not like we need a dram of Tass' worth of the stuff just for a sympathetic link."

"Could not a spirit also be enticed to betray us, we can not guard against every possible way for our enemies to gain information, but all the younger magi have computers, most of them have cameras, if the Union wanted information would not hacking one of those give them more than a camera pointed towards one poor man transitioning into a vampire, what tactical information could they possibly gain from that other than that we have lost one of our own."
Elanor asked she clearly though that you might be to cautious then she looked down.
"Forgive me Sir it is not my place to question. I will take Jonas and find someone to get a spirit to watch his Mentor."
He gave Adley a small grin, "She's sharp..."
He turned to Elanor, "There's a quote from Cardinal Richelieu, I believe - 'Give me six lines from the hand of the most honest man, and I will find something there to hang him.' It's hard for us to know what they might find useful from a conversation on the phone. In fact, for all we know, it could be a background conversation held by two completely unrelated individuals they latch on to and glean something useful from. At this point, though, we're pretty much stuck with hoping they're not specifically listening in on our calls... Which I suspect would be rather a resource drain for them in any case - even automated, the constant phone chatter around the world may well be simply too much for the Union to filter through at the time of conversation. That... doesn't mean they don't have immense databases of recorded calls, but it seems an almost safe bet that even their resources are not infinite for such a purpose."

Berry gave you warm smile as she left, Jonas was to upset to notice your nod while Elanor gave you a polite bow as she lead Jonas towards his apartment. You get to the Security Office. Joakim open the door when Hayden knocks on the door.
"Ah come in, all of you."
He said.
"How did it go?"
He asked. You see that Lady Crexia was in his office as the door is opened for you, Hayden and Colin.
Colin smiled thinly, "I believe 'painlessly' is the best description. Erichtho had her burnt arm bound, and was sent home - remind me to get Mr. Willis a bag of those gummy worms he likes so much - and Mr. Valiant is resting as softly as he can down there."
He held up the bag of swabs with a more grim expression, "And we have some small samples from both of them - I think this should be more than enough to track Nicolai through the, er, parental link; he did indeed sire them both. Did Lady Crexia show you the transcript of my little chat with the future?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:38 am

"But would not that mean we should stop using phones? If even calling someone else on the same Chantry is dangerous?"
Elanor said in soft protest, the hedge wizard clearly thought you where over reacting

"No...I don't think we should stop using them, it is just something I keep in mind now when I decide what's best to use." He gave a faint smile. "You'll have to forgive me if you think I'm paranoid."

He turned to Elanor, "There's a quote from Cardinal Richelieu, I believe - 'Give me six lines from the hand of the most honest man, and I will find something there to hang him.

"Indeed," he agreed with Colin. He added to her, "To your first point, yes. Or be forced to. As I said, I didn't say it was better, just an alternative with different pros or cons. Perfect security would is a goal but a good objective is to be aware and ready if possible, at least that's part of what I've learned this week."

"I'm not shooting down the idea of the camera. As I said, I just wanted to mention an alternative. Though we don't have time for a lengthy conversation about the merits or detriments of them, nor would I say I'm qualified to know how technomancers work these issues out, either so I'd rather leave it in the hands of someone who knows better."

"Ah come in, all of you." He said. "How did it go?" He asked. You see that Lady Crexia
Colin smiled thinly, "I believe 'painlessly' is the best description. Erichtho had her burnt arm bound, and was sent home - remind me to get Mr. Willis a bag of those gummy worms he likes so much - and Mr. Valiant is resting as softly as he can down there."
He held up the bag of swabs with a more grim expression, "And we have some small samples from both of them - I think this should be more than enough to track Nicolai through the, er, parental link; he did indeed sire them both. Did Lady Crexia show you the transcript of my little chat with the future?"

Adley followed in afterward, gave those present a nod and put himself out of the way. He pulled out the note he'd been using and turned it over to write. 'I believe the good Lady has told you that the cat was secured though I don't know much of what happened after that. Or what we are going to do with it, or it's capabilities. Mr will be further checked over by your resident expert as soon as she is done with the other wounded but he seems as well as he could be expected to be, considering. Were you also informed of how the rituals went?' he said and pushed the note over to him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:55 am

Colin grimaced, "I was thinking of Paradox, actually... Reality is a harsh mistress."

"Ah yes...that might give you a headache indeed."
Hayden said and grinned.
"It is quite good at causing headaches."

He frowned, "I think... he's sleeping like the dead, quite literally, but with a nasty nightmare. When he wakes up, though..."

"A nightmare indeed..."
The young hedge wizard muttered sadly and looked down.
"Hopefully he can get some rest now at least..."
He whispered.

He smiled smugly and wiped the effect off before returning the monocle to the case again, "No, I cast the spell every time. That allows for greater variation in discerning detail; at such scarce effort invested, it's enough to see the presence of magic. Taking a bit longer to concentrate on what I am specifically looking for, and I could likely pick out three Magi who specialize in fire out of a gathered Chantry, if I so wanted. But the lens is just a piece of glass, the perfectly circular, engraved frame is the actual Focus. The glass is a convenient containment for the effect. And yes, it would be temporarily inconvenient to lose my monocles. It would make my work a little more difficult... but they are surprpsingly easy to replace."

"Ah yes I see it is a way to do some of the preparations beforehand. I have done something similar for the wand I use for Ignem spells, it is engraved with symbols I do not then have to inscribe when I need to cast an spell."
The Flambeau said and took a simple wooden wand, engraved with several complex symbols painted in orange and gold out of his pocket and handed you.
"This to is not a unique focus but it helps me get an effect out quicker."
He explained.

He nodded, "Ideally, they'll be too sick somewhere else. They could still be able to shoot straight, after all."

"I think that is to much to hope for Mr Wainwright...that Labyrinth is their home is it not, so why would they be anywhere else?"
Hayden asked and raised an eyebrow.

He held up the bag for a moment, "Yes, I believe it should... it's not like we need a dram of Tass' worth of the stuff just for a sympathetic link."

"Those swabs will be enough for an arcane connection and ehm...Mr Valiant himself is a very strong arcane link to this Nicolai..."
Elanor said softly worried her words would upset Jonas.
"I do think it will be enough Sir."

He turned to Elanor, "There's a quote from Cardinal Richelieu, I believe - 'Give me six lines from the hand of the most honest man, and I will find something there to hang him.' It's hard for us to know what they might find useful from a conversation on the phone. In fact, for all we know, it could be a background conversation held by two completely unrelated individuals they latch on to and glean something useful from. At this point, though, we're pretty much stuck with hoping they're not specifically listening in on our calls... Which I suspect would be rather a resource drain for them in any case - even automated, the constant phone chatter around the world may well be simply too much for the Union to filter through at the time of conversation. That... doesn't mean they don't have immense databases of recorded calls, but it seems an almost safe bet that even their resources are not infinite for such a purpose."

Elanor gave you a soft smile at your compliment. then she nodded.
"So what you are saying Sir is that to be safe we should avoid using phones as best as we can when at all possible since you never know when the Top Hats are listening in and what they might get out of it?"
She asked.

"I guess that is as good as it could have gone..."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I will try to remind you Mr Wainwright...so then the vampire girl is out of our hair then and we do not need to worry more about here and Mr Valiant is locked up safely for now?"

"Good, as soon as we have dealt with the Labyrinth we take Nicolai down, he have committed a crime against us now which I will not forgive."
The hedge wizard muttered darkly as he looked at the bag of bloody cotton swabs.
"No I did not, I came here to talk about the cat...I have examined the animal and can confirm that it is a familiar, the magick used to bind it are qlippothic but the spirit itself is not corrupted, I was here to give my rapport, what you experienced with your communication with your wife is for you to tell, not me Mr Wainwright."
The archmaga said firmly.

"No...I don't think we should stop using them, it is just something I keep in mind now when I decide what's best to use." He gave a faint smile. "You'll have to forgive me if you think I'm paranoid."

"I do not think that Sir, perhaps a little over cautions perhaps but I am sure you know what is right."
Elanor said politely and looked down.

"Indeed," he agreed with Colin. He added to her, "To your first point, yes. Or be forced to. As I said, I didn't say it was better, just an alternative with different pros or cons. Perfect security would is a goal but a good objective is to be aware and ready if possible, at least that's part of what I've learned this week."

"I will conform to your best judgment Sir and help Jonas find someone to summon a spirit to help keep Mr Valiant safe."
The hedge wizard said, she did not agree but nor did she protest, it was not her place to contradict the words of her superiors.

"I'm not shooting down the idea of the camera. As I said, I just wanted to mention an alternative. Though we don't have time for a lengthy conversation about the merits or detriments of them, nor would I say I'm qualified to know how technomancers work these issues out, either so I'd rather leave it in the hands of someone who knows better."

"Your caution is probably wise and no there are no time to discuss it Sir, so I will ask Joe Willis what he thinks and perhaps a spirit will be a better choice."
Elanor said and agreed.
"Though Mr Willis might have some form of encryption making one of his cameras better, in either case I will deal with it, are that agreeable to you Mr Roth Hicks?"

Adley followed in afterward, gave those present a nod and put himself out of the way. He pulled out the note he'd been using and turned it over to write. 'I believe the good Lady has told you that the cat was secured though I don't know much of what happened after that.

"That is indeed why she is here Sodalis and she have also examined the cat and gave me the result of that examination. The cat have been secured in one of our shielded cells and are under guard, there is a good chance that this animal is indeed Abigail's familiar and then we bloody have her."
Joakim said and nodded when he had read your note.

Or what we are going to do with it, or it's capabilities. Mr will be further checked over by your resident expert as soon as she is done with the other wounded but he seems as well as he could be expected to be, considering. Were you also informed of how the rituals went?' he said and pushed the note over to him.

"I where informed about the result of the rituals yes...as for what to do with the cat that will be up to the Deacon Council for now we can use it to find Abigail if it indeed is her familiar. Good Mr Valiant is in good hands then."
Joakim said and handed your note back.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:37 am

"I do not think that Sir, perhaps a little over cautions perhaps but I am sure you know what is right."
Elanor said politely and looked down.

He gave her a small but tired smile. He didn't argue it but he said in a wry tone, "Yes, perhaps. However if we had time to tell what's happened this week...anyway, I doubt there's been harm done and I didn't mean to imply anything problematic." He shrugged. The woman probably figured him for a paranoid technophobe but was too polite to say so. He supposed that he had become more paranoid and had inhered a bit of wariness about technology from his pater. Though he still used it like most everyone else. Still, this was hardly the place to make a scene about it, perhaps he should not have said anything.

"I will conform to your best judgment Sir and help Jonas find someone to summon a spirit to help keep Mr Valiant safe."
The hedge wizard said, she did not agree but nor did she protest, it was not her place to contradict the words of her superiors.

"I'm sure he will be in good hands whether you choose a camera or not, there is no need to take my concerns over others given I don't know everything entailed with technomagic as I said," he said, leaving it at that.

"Your caution is probably wise and no there are no time to discuss it Sir, so I will ask Joe Willis what he thinks and perhaps a spirit will be a better choice." Elanor said and agreed. "Though Mr Willis might have some form of encryption making one of his cameras better, in either case I will deal with it, are that agreeable to you Mr Roth Hicks?"

"That sounds good, thank you. And he probably does at that, he is a smart young man. If you do choose any spirit, nothing of fire, flame or light, things that might scare him, though I don't imagine he might notice a spirit anyway."

Glancing at Colin as he and Crexia spoke, he looked curious but held his tongue. As the Chief explained the situation he took back the note, turning it over idly. "Very well sir," he said, waiting for him to explain what the plan was now to deal with the Labyrinth.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next