Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 Empty Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 15:59

(OOC: Colin and Adley are busy down in a sewer tunnel fighting for their lives against the Labyrinth's doorman, one of Jodelle Jerkins' children. Tane is talking with Tobias's Avatar, he have some ideas to help it. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Adley Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 19:14

"I will try that then." Loretta said and closed her eyes again. "It is always best to try the simple solution first."

"Good, thank you."

"You said this was the prisoner's child right? The result of a ehm...usnion between her and something unholy, well if so there should be something...some symbol of that, a navel perhaps, anything that show it is such a child, that would probably be a weak point. As for the boy, not much of an enigma there I suspect he was magickally gifted and so the Nephandi sent their agents to kill his mother and take the boy, just a guess of course but that is what sounds most likely to me."
"You said this was the prisoner's child right? The result of a ehm...usnion between her and something unholy, well if so there should be something...some symbol of that, a navel perhaps, anything that show it is such a child, that would probably be a weak point. As for the boy, not much of an enigma there I suspect he was magickally gifted and so the Nephandi sent their agents to kill his mother and take the boy, just a guess of course but that is what sounds most likely to me."
Colin frowned, "Now there's something... Perhaps a spiritual link to miss Jerkins that gives it a connection to this world? If such a link would be severed...?
"You are right there have to be some reason why Miss Jerkins' patrol have produced these ehm...children with her, it is likely they have a link with their mother...I do not know how to find it or sever it but I bet Lady Crexia knows."
The Criamon declared a little existed over the idea.
"And it is likely that it will not be able to manifest if that link is severed as that thing is not meant for our world."

"Good ideas, I'll keep an eye out for anything like that," he agreed. "Would it would be best if we can get rid of it for good? I'm not sure how much trouble it could cause from the Near Umbra if it weren't totally banished, it might still be able to influence things on this side or find a way through somewhere else."

He grunted in discomfort as he reeled a bit from the blow, then gave Adley a grateful nod when the offending limb ceased to be, "Thank you."
Two of those fleshy, rotted tendrils shot out towards you, trying to smash you to the side or grab you. One of them got an arrow from Rosario and stopped and went for her instead while the other lashed towards you full speed.

He didn't have time to answer Colin, the thing was really pissed off now and had figured out that he was responsible for some part of it's pain and wanted to make him pay. He ducked quickly to one side to try to get out of the way of the angry Umbrood's attack as it lashed out swiftly towards him.

// dex+athletics= 9,0,7,3,8*
*(FYI, there is no dedicated dodge in M20, you roll your athletics talent instead with your dex. I hope that's ok, if not let me know and we can figure out if I need to change that)

Lol, Nephandi Lore reminds me of lore in Call of Cthulhu, something you don't want -too- much of!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:10

"Good, thank you."

Loretta nodded at that.

"Good ideas, I'll keep an eye out for anything like that," he agreed. "Would it would be best if we can get rid of it for good? I'm not sure how much trouble it could cause from the Near Umbra if it weren't totally banished, it might still be able to influence things on this side or find a way through somewhere else."

"If we could get rid of that thing for good or deny it access to our physical reality permanently that would be best and I do not know either what trouble it might cause from the Umbra, but if we can not kill it then I would settle for it not trying to rip us apart Sodalis."
Cara said.
"Well I can't harm it directly in either case, but I bet that the Masters can, I know Lady Crexia have that ability and the two others are Guernicus..."
She said and frowned.
"They should be able to kill a spirit if we can weaken it enough."

He didn't have time to answer Colin, the thing was really pissed off now and had figured out that he was responsible for some part of it's pain and wanted to make him pay. He ducked quickly to one side to try to get out of the way of the angry Umbrood's attack as it lashed out swiftly towards him.

You step to the side as the Umbrood's tentacle comes down towards you hard, you feel air swoosh past your face as it misses you, an indication that the tendrils where fully manifested, you see that three of the tentacles where going after Crexia and the Enforcers, Rosario who was sitting against the wall she had been thrown against fired on one of them and hit, the monstrosity cried out again, but one of the other tendrils smacked Jake across the chest and you heard the Quesitor give a pained, gurgle cry as he hit the floor and was still, he had been hit badly. Crexia hissed and pulled Udella quickly out of the way of another attack.

The other three tentacles where busy with two of them attacking you, one of those where hurt though with one of Rosario's arrows in it the last one where still petting Cara on the head to the Criamon's dismay, well at least that was busy. The tentacle that had just missed you where drawn back for another attempt at your head while the other one tried to wrap itself around your feet.

Nancy cried out and rushed past Cara towards you and begun stabbing the lower of the tendrils with her dagger, it grabbed her and threw her to the side, you her a splash as she ended up in the dirty sewer water flowing between the two raised walkways. Leon and James muttered in Latin and created spells, a fireball James and something you could not see for his brother and the tentacles sort of twisted in that direction the monstrosity wanted to fight but it also wanted to eat and for a moment it was confused.

(OOC: Darn I always mix M20 up with 2ed sorry, Athletics it is.)

(OOC 2: Well no, having to much of Nephandi Lore might not be good. I am sure Abigail have allot of it. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:27

The monstrosity screamed again, a horrid, ear splitting sound and it was clearly frustrated and weakening as more and more wounds where inflicted on it. Crexia and the two Quesitors started chanting again, this time trying to banish the child from this reality. As the Hermetics started their work the tentacles that was busy with the other members of the party let go of their victims and shot towards Crexia and the Enforcers, save for the ones that went after Adley, the thing clearly still wanted the young Flambeau dead.
You step to the side as the Umbrood's tentacle comes down towards you hard, you feel air swoosh past your face as it misses you, an indication that the tendrils where fully manifested, you see that three of the tentacles where going after Crexia and the Enforcers, Rosario who was sitting against the wall she had been thrown against fired on one of them and hit, the monstrosity cried out again, but one of the other tendrils smacked Jake across the chest and you heard the Quesitor give a pained, gurgle cry as he hit the floor and was still, he had been hit badly. Crexia hissed and pulled Udella quickly out of the way of another attack.

The other three tentacles where busy with two of them attacking you, one of those where hurt though with one of Rosario's arrows in it the last one where still petting Cara on the head to the Criamon's dismay, well at least that was busy. The tentacle that had just missed you where drawn back for another attempt at your head while the other one tried to wrap itself around your feet.

Nancy cried out and rushed past Cara towards you and begun stabbing the lower of the tendrils with her dagger, it grabbed her and threw her to the side, you her a splash as she ended up in the dirty sewer water flowing between the two raised walkways. Leon and James muttered in Latin and created spells, a fireball James and something you could not see for his brother and the tentacles sort of twisted in that direction the monstrosity wanted to fight but it also wanted to eat and for a moment it was confused.
Colin swore softly, shifting the wand to his left hand and carefully trying to extricate the loaded magazine in the pistol and load the one with the four Primium rounds using only his right hand - a complicated maneuver only exacerbated by the need to keep concentrating.

((OOC: Dex+Firearms to reload one-handed - and find the right magazine in the process - 5,5,6,8. Basically, Colin spends the round carefully loading better ammo.))

((OOC2: While five extra XP sounds appealing, I'm going to have to say no. The bleak depression associated with the flaw is a bit too hampering for my tastes, and besides, I think I prefer that Colin doesn't have the first clue as to whether it's good or bad that his life with Freddy will be cut a bit short. Razz ))

((OOC3: Wait, there's no Dodge skill? Son of a... I have three points in Dodge and 1 in Athletics - should I just move those three points elsewhere? Two in Athletics and one in Awareness seems the most appropriate distribution, since these were there from character creation, and those three points have to go in that column...))

((OOC4: Actually, I think having a lot of Nephandi Lore might be academically good, unlike Mythos Lore, which actually drives you insane... The difference between knowing you have a powerful enemy and knowing the universe doesn't so much as take notice of your existence... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:53

Colin swore softly, shifting the wand to his left hand and carefully trying to extricate the loaded magazine in the pistol and load the one with the four Primium rounds using only his right hand - a complicated maneuver only exacerbated by the need to keep concentrating.

You manage to change the magazine, it is not easy, not while concentrating on your spell, and holding your tools and with all the fighting going on around you, but you manage and eventually your weapon are ready to fire Primium bullets with a satisfying click.

(OOC: Very well no dark fate for Colin, lucky man.)

(OOC 2: I would say you can choose either add your dodge skill to athletics or keep it as is, we do use secondery abilities. Putting two of those point in atheltic an one in awareness also works, your choice. Sorry about the mix up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 21:47

"If we could get rid of that thing for good or deny it access to our physical reality permanently that would be best and I do not know either what trouble it might cause from the Umbra, but if we can not kill it then I would settle for it not trying to rip us apart Sodalis." Cara said.

"Good point."

The tentacle that had just missed you where drawn back for another attempt at your head while the other one tried to wrap itself around your feet

He grimaced at hearing Jake go down. As he saw the tentacle coming at his head, he tried to duck out of the way and fire a shot off at it.

// split the dice pool, Dodge + Fire:
Athletics/dex + Firearms/ex, smallest dicepool is 5. 2/3
Dodge: 0,5 Fire, 5,7,5 (miss)

ooc2: It's not so much as a mix-up as a version difference, it's still a dodge roll, the pool is just made with a different talent in M20.  I was just letting you know I don't technically have dedicated 'dodge' talent since I used 20th ed rules in creation. If you want me to dedicate points to that instead of athletics to fit with 2e I can probably shift that without much issue. Athletics is used flexibly/broady in M20 for many physical feats (which makes more sense to me, so I prefer that. But I just wanted it to be the same for everyone so let me know which you prefer, I'll go by majority).

Ok, lemme see if I got this right - there are currently six tentacles left. One is petting Cara (eeew), one of the tentacles that's trying to get Adley's leg is being stabbed by Nancy (and then it threw her), the other is winding up to attack again after it missed him and is coming at Adley's face so is trying to duck out of the way and shot at it. Jake got hit by one and went down, Crexia and Undella got out of the way of two more attacking. James and Leon are preping fireballs and something else to distract it from eating Jake, which drew the attention of it from several of them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 22:36

You manage just barely to duck out of the way of the tentacle going for your head, the one going for your feet had been halted by it's effort to fling Nancy aside. Now however it rose up again to try to hit you across the chest, you fire at the tentacle that went for your head and just miss the bullet hitting the roof, a bit of concrete dust falling down on you.

You see the three tentacles that focused on the Masters where at it again. Jake was still on the floor, unmoving, and Crexia was to busy dodging and keeping Udella out of harms way that she could not work. Cara was moving towards them though, to try to keep herself between the Masters and the monster's appendices and it seamed to be working, to some extent. Rosario was struggling to her feet she had been hurt you saw and could not put weight on her left leg, the tentacle who had flung Nancy into the water went for you again so now you had two of the things going for you but then...

There was a sound as Loretta who had been quietly meditating during the fray opened her eyes and made a motion with her carefully manicured hands as if to throw aside curtains and before her it was as if you saw into the tunnel...and yet not as a vision from a few hours earlier was revealed, as real as the here and now and yet still different. You see a young man come out of the service shack, he was handsome with short, dark blond hair and gray eyes, he was wearing black jeans and a Batman tshirt and as he entered the sewer corridor he said something and the sounds where terrible, the young man had a plesant voice but that did not help when his words, if they could be called that sounded like something dying...horribly. Once he had spoken the words the man smiled a little and best down to put something on the ground, a small offering of some sort and then he left and the tear in time closed.

Jodelle's child stopped...stopped fighting the Gauntlet trap, it's tentacles stopped in mid motion and it seamed if possible...confused as if it for a moment did not know what to do, the right command had been spoken but it knew it was not as it used to be so Loretta's quite vulgar display had probably only granted a moment's respite.

(OOC: I bought my first Mage book a few months after my 16th birthday and have been playing regularly since then that is 19 years now, and with 2 ed rules so I just get them mixed up with the new rules at times. No no just keep your stats as they are it was my mistake going from habit. Athletics do work fine and there where to many stats doing the same thing, it do make more sense to just use Athletics.)

(OOC 2: Yes well what James and Leon are doing did not draw the attention of the tentacles yet and right now everything have sort of stopped as Loretta finally got enough successes, however the thing knows that things is not right so it will not stop for to long. As of your last post though you summary is correct. I am sorry if it is confusing combat scenes are not my specialty, I am far better at social interactions, mystery and drama than combat descriptions.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 23:13

You manage to change the magazine, it is not easy, not while concentrating on your spell, and holding your tools and with all the fighting going on around you, but you manage and eventually your weapon are ready to fire Primium bullets with a satisfying click.
Jodelle's child stopped...stopped fighting the Gauntlet trap, it's tentacles stopped in mid motion and it seamed if possible...confused as if it for a moment did not know what to do, the right command had been spoken but it knew it was not as it used to be so Loretta's quite vulgar display had probably only granted a moment's respite.
He aimed the gun at the thing as it froze in confusion, "Time for you to run home to daddy; your mum's friends are a bad influence."
He squeezed off a single shot, still holding the spell in place.

((OOC: A bit rusty here, but... the pistol's 4Agg for Primium rounds, right? So, Dex+Firearms, 1,3,8,0... so one success, makes for four dice of damage, 2,5,7,8. A bit of Aggravated Ouch for the thing?))

((OOC2: Yeah, running it under Athletics seems the best choice - broader skills are always better than skills with a single use. "Dodge" has one and only one use - to sidestep pain. Which is a good thing, but mechanically a too narrow skill. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 2:56

// @Anja It's all good, I'm not the best at combat either that's why I ask so many questions, make mistakes and I look stuff up all the time. But practice makes perfect. Is the diff still 8 if the suckers (pun intended) are still/confused by Loretta's rote?

@Warp, which tentacle did Colin fire at? re: Primium: According to SoE tradbook rev p62, yeah premium weapons cause agg dmg and weaken soak abilities. As well, being crafted into a weapon, it can also potentially weaken/penetrate magickal defenses like forces shields etc.*

(Primium objects also provide innate countermagic dice against incoming Effects automatically within 2 yards, the item acting as if it had an Arete of 1. The pool is determined by # sux and mass. For every 2 sux past the threshold at creation, up to 10 dice total but it doesn't really say how the mass-limitation works : / ).
*HDYDT p. 96, you can make a specific Ward against/to slow down Primium with Matter 4 and Prime 4

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 8:36

He aimed the gun at the thing as it froze in confusion, "Time for you to run home to daddy; your mum's friends are a bad influence."
He squeezed off a single shot, still holding the spell in place.

The creature screamed in pain as the Primium hit it it's tentacles shivering in spasms, then it turned on Colin in it's anger, it was confused but at least it understood that this man was an enemy and it abandoned all other targets, save the one tentacle petting Cara, it was a child and wanted it's mother's comfort, the five others moved to hover over Colin, but the thing was still confused, still not knowing what to do the command to let those in the hallway had been given but...

As the monstrosity stopped moved Crexia and Udella begun working again, chanting quickly as their hands moved for the newer hand gestures in their effort to banish that thing, if you could only buy them a little more time, perhaps the two Spirit Masters could end this.

(OOC 1: I have always had a problem with some of the skills, some are to narrow ad really if you try to make a real human being you get to many attributes and far to few skills, so making Athletics wider seam a good idea.)

(OOC 2: No them standing still would make it easier. I am thinking as Colin shoot the thing with Primium they will start to focus on him, yes it is confused but it understood that he hurt it, but before that happens Adley can fire of a shot at the still tentacles.)

(OOC 3: I understood it that he shot into the half formed center mass, I should think that would work since they make Umbra ships out of Primium to prevent hostile Umbroods from getting to the chewy mages inside, if it was a tentacle then let me know and I will rewrite it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 13:27

The creature screamed in pain as the Primium hit it it's tentacles shivering in spasms, then it turned on Colin in it's anger, it was confused but at least it understood that this man was an enemy and it abandoned all other targets, save the one tentacle petting Cara, it was a child and wanted it's mother's comfort, the five others moved to hover over Colin, but the thing was still confused, still not knowing what to do the command to let those in the hallway had been given but...

As the monstrosity stopped moved Crexia and Udella begun working again, chanting quickly as their hands moved for the newer hand gestures in their effort to banish that thing, if you could only buy them a little more time, perhaps the two Spirit Masters could end this.
Colin shifted his aim ever so slightly, pointing near the base of the tentacle that would have the strongest swing, and fired again.

((OOC: Yeah, Colin shot at center of mass first; seemed the most likely way to impair the thing, putting a Primium slug in its body. Second shot, going for the tentacle that's liable to hit hardest. Dex+Firearms, 4,0,0,0... holy crap. That's at least two successes to spare - if tens count double (which I never remember the ruling on), that's five extra. So, damage: 1,3,4,6,9,0 - and if the tens counted double, 5,9,0 for those extras. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 13:59

You fired at the tentacle that would probably go for your head once the thing finally snapped out of it's confusion, your aim was true and the Primium round severed that tentacle neatly and it fell to the ground as rotted ooze as it's horrid owner screamed again and flailed about, the thing was suffering now and it mewled wetly and petted Cara more intently, it wanted comfort from it's mother.

(OOC: I do not think they count double but in either case you have more than enough successes, so many in fact I think you get to keep one for later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 19:40

You manage just barely to duck out of the way of the tentacle going for your head, the one going for your feet had been halted by it's effort to fling Nancy aside. Now however it rose up again to try to hit you across the chest, you fire at the tentacle that went for your head and just miss the bullet hitting the roof, a bit of concrete dust falling down on you....Rosario was struggling to her feet she had been hurt you saw and could not put weight on her left leg, the tentacle who had flung Nancy into the water went for you again so now you had two of the things going for you but then..Jodelle's child stopped...stopped fighting the Gauntlet trap, it's tentacles stopped in mid motion and it seamed if possible...confused as if it for a moment did not know what to do
He aimed the gun at the thing as it froze in confusion, "Time for you to run home to daddy; your mum's friends are a bad influence." He squeezed off a single shot, still holding the spell in place.

Adley fired at the one that was coming for his chest as it paused in confusion. The token the Nephandus offered...the token or 'gift' to appease it was the missing piece. The creature was waiting for it's treat, and was confused that it couldn't eat it. Though the rote had bought time. Then all the tentacles screamed as Colin found the center of the damn thing and hit it but good. As the spirit writhed towards his friend, he took his cue and tried to hit the center of it as well, hoping it would leave Colin alone.

//alrighty thanks, that makes sense, didn't realize the body was through now. But since there was a tentacle right there in front of Adley when it stopped, makes sense to first shoot that one that turn. Then the body the next turn, after Colin plugs it.
So the firearms+dex for the tentacle: 4,9,6,5,2,7 (I don't know what the diff is for frozen tentacles, but if it's 7, then that's a pool of 5 dmg dice: 0, 1, 8, 3, 0
firearms+dex for the center: 0, 1, 7, 7, 4, 4 (miss @diff 8 now that the thing is moving again)

re: 0's - the old rules was ten roll again, if you had a specialty in it at rank 4, iirc - in M20 (274 & 512), if you roll tens on your specialty  you to count each ten rolled as 2 sux instead of one (this includes Arete rolls in your specialty for spheres at rank 4+) Needless to say I like the House rule to bank a ten now and then for awesome luck xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 20:24

You fire off a shot at the tentacle that had gone for your chest before it paused, and you hit it, if barely, you do some damage though and that tentacle gets blown off earning you a shower of rotted flesh and a scream from the half manifested monstrosity. You fire at the central mass but as your bullets are not Primium and the thing is not manifested enough other than it's tentacles it do not get the same effect the thing flail about a bit, but that is pretty much it.

The tentacles started moving again, but there where fewer of them now, three of them hammered down on you. At the same time you heard the two Spirit Masters finishing their Banishing rote, you could not cast magick that advanced but you had observed it enough times to know they where nearly done, a few seconds more, all you had to do was get through this onslaught and Crexia and Udella might be able to get rid of that thing.

(OOC: It is not fully manifested but is sort of stuck like a plug in a hardened piece of Gauntlet, there is more of it on the other side. Yes for the frozen tentacles the diff is 7 so you hit it, it will start moving again next round now.)

(OOC: Then we go with M20 more successes for Colin but it do not matter that much he hit and did allot of damage. The house rule is basically that if you roll allot more successes than you need you get to store one, for two reasons, so that an awesome roll on something trivial will not feel wasted and in game because if you do really, really well at something you get a confidence boost and that can help you in the future. And speaking of rolls. Athletics please.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 21:05

// dodge: 7,6,2,5,2 - well crap. If some of them hit, his shield had 6 sux on it, 2 went to duration, so 4 successes left on the shield's ablation

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 21:23

You manage to roll out of the way of one of the tentacles while the other two hit, your kinetic shield proves to be a lifesaver though, probably literary, you feel one of the things hitting the shield hard, it propelled you a few steps forward but not enough of the force was transferred to you to really do any damage, there was only the unpleasant feeling of that dead flesh that should not be touching you across the shoulders, but by the time the tendril reach you all of it's kinetic force are absorbed by forcing it's way through your shield so it is just that, a wet, slimy caress.

The second tentacle get through your shield with more force and hit you at your lower back, this impact hurt and you suspect you will get quite a bruise, but you do not think any real damage was done, you have had worse bruises after sparring matches with your Mentor, the three tentacles now seam to have discovered your kinetic shield though and decided it was more interesting than you and you could feel it weakening, they where...consuming it.

(OOC: Well that kinetic shield was useful, that is one bashing for you to soak so I will assume you manage to do that and that all Adley walks away with is a bruise or two and well a need to shower. That shield though are being eaten, it is delicious.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 22:07

// he's got a spirit shield up also but they're materialized, plus it had only one success after duration on it and I assume they're chewing on that too. Are the things still partially inside the shield?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 22:12

You fired at the tentacle that would probably go for your head once the thing finally snapped out of it's confusion, your aim was true and the Primium round severed that tentacle neatly and it fell to the ground as rotted ooze as it's horrid owner screamed again and flailed about, the thing was suffering now and it mewled wetly and petted Cara more intently, it wanted comfort from it's mother.
Adley fired at the one that was coming for his chest as it paused in confusion. The token the Nephandus offered...the token or 'gift' to appease it was the missing piece. The creature was waiting for it's treat, and was confused that it couldn't eat it. Though the rote had bought time. Then all the tentacles screamed as Colin found the center of the damn thing and hit it but good. As the spirit writhed towards his friend, he took his cue and tried to hit the center of it as well, hoping it would leave Colin alone.
You fire off a shot at the tentacle that had gone for your chest before it paused, and you hit it, if barely, you do some damage though and that tentacle gets blown off earning you a shower of rotted flesh and a scream from the half manifested monstrosity. You fire at the central mass but as your bullets are not Primium and the thing is not manifested enough other than it's tentacles it do not get the same effect the thing flail about a bit, but that is pretty much it.

The tentacles started moving again, but there where fewer of them now, three of them hammered down on you. At the same time you heard the two Spirit Masters finishing their Banishing rote, you could not cast magick that advanced but you had observed it enough times to know they where nearly done, a few seconds more, all you had to do was get through this onslaught and Crexia and Udella might be able to get rid of that thing.
You manage to roll out of the way of one of the tentacles while the other two hit, your kinetic shield proves to be a lifesaver though, probably literary, you feel one of the things hitting the shield hard, it propelled you a few steps forward but not enough of the force was transferred to you to really do any damage, there was only the unpleasant feeling of that dead flesh that should not be touching you across the shoulders, but by the time the tendril reach you all of it's kinetic force are absorbed by forcing it's way through your shield so it is just that, a wet, slimy caress.

The second tentacle get through your shield with more force and hit you at your lower back, this impact hurt and you suspect you will get quite a bruise, but you do not think any real damage was done, you have had worse bruises after sparring matches with your Mentor, the three tentacles now seam to have discovered your kinetic shield though and decided it was more interesting than you and you could feel it weakening, they where...consuming it.
Colin grumbled something half-audible about getting a Primium crowbar at some point and tried half-hartedly to pistol-whip the closest tentacle aside as he ducked and weaved away from the thing's offending extremities. He hissed softly at Adley, "Did you put up a shield for it to eat?"

((OOC: Dex + Athletics: 2,3,3,7,9,9. Best stay away from tentacly fondlings. And there would be no bonus successes for Colin for that shot, then, since he doesn't have a Specialty in Firearms, nor in Dexterity.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 4:22

Colin well the things did seam to be affected by a physical attack and the tentacle jerked a little as you hit it with your pistol but it did not appear to do much damage. The remaining tentacles seamed to be busy with Adley though, those would be the closest one and off course the one petting Cara as she stood between the tendrils and the working Masters to protect them. Nancy had gotten up of the sewer water now she was soaking wet but seamed to be mostly fine. The pair of Hermetic brothers where still trying to distract that thing with spells but at the moment they seamed more interested in Adley. Crexia and Udella was still working on their magick and Loretta and Rosario was making their way towards Jake, the latter was badly liming, things seamed to have calmed down a little though, perhaps since the thing only had three tentacles left that was manifested, but it was off course still a danger.

(OOC 1: Well they will get to the spirit shield, right now they are manifested and it was the kinetic one they got into contact with as they are attacking you physically not spiritually so it is the current lunch but given time sure they will eat everything. Yes they are still partly inside of the shield.)

(OOC 2: I wasmore thinking without any bonus roll he got allot of successes, far more than he needed so he can get the bonus one anyway.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 4:39

He gave a half-swear half muffled grunt as the tentacle hit him solidly, lumping him forward and then swore again as the other wormed its way inside. Better than the shields than him, but he didn't want them to hang around for a snack, either! He heard Colin's hissed question but had no time to answer, other than to continue to avoid being violently caressed by tentacle horrors yet again. Careful of his own shields and the others, he took a shot towards each of the damn tentacles that were on him. He really hoped the Masters were about to kick this thing out of their Reality...

/// split dice pool: 9,2,1 (miss) ; 8,9,3 (dmg: 6,6,1,8,9)
Alright, so if it's possible to try to fire on the part of them that's not inside the shield, or towards people, that's what he's doing. Firing on the inside of your shield = bad times.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 9:10

You fire at the part of the tentacles that are outside of your shields, one of the shots just plain miss, it is not close to the offending tendril, the other though hit nicely and again rotted, liquid flesh fall to the ground and that thing, that monstrosity screams and flail about, it now smelled quite horribly in the corridor and that had nothing to do with this being in the sewers.

Then you hear Crexia speak the final words of the banishment rite, one with quite a bit of kick to it and that foul monstrosity screamed, it twisted and howled as it was stuck in the Gauntlet and as the Masters' rote took effect it was ripped apart as it was forced out and yet was prevented from going. The noise was horrible, deafening, like if a pack of dogs where murdering the inhabitants of an orphanage...and then there was silence, that creature and in's tendrils was simply gone from this reality, only some go on the floor was left and the corridor was in silence safe from the sounds of the party's own steps and some sighs of relief.
"How are everyone? That thing...should be gone know...I do not know if it is dead, but it is gone."
Crexia said. Cara rubbed at her skin and hair in a vein attempt to get the foulness from that creature off her and groaned.
"Yeah...thank you my Lady..."
She muttered.

You see Rosario kneeling by Jake's side, she took her crossbow and aimed at the wall, a small, tiny mark there, probably her marksmanship was one of her keys to get into a trance just like her dancing was. Loretta stood guard over her student. Udella was still bleeding and she looked rather tired where she stood by Crexia. Nancy was wet as a drowned cat but she grinned to you and seamed to be fine. Leon and his brother where unhurt and they ended their rotes and seamed relieved.
"That is quite some guard dog they have."
Leon muttered.
"Damn..."
He said as if he suddenly realized just how dangerous this mission really was.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 10:49

Then you hear Crexia speak the final words of the banishment rite, one with quite a bit of kick to it and that foul monstrosity screamed, it twisted and howled as it was stuck in the Gauntlet and as the Masters' rote took effect it was ripped apart as it was forced out and yet was prevented from going. The noise was horrible, deafening, like if a pack of dogs where murdering the inhabitants of an orphanage...and then there was silence, that creature and in's tendrils was simply gone from this reality, only some go on the floor was left and the corridor was in silence safe from the sounds of the party's own steps and some sighs of relief.
"How are everyone? That thing...should be gone know...I do not know if it is dead, but it is gone."
Crexia said. Cara rubbed at her skin and hair in a vein attempt to get the foulness from that creature off her and groaned.
"Yeah...thank you my Lady..."
She muttered.
Colin sighed a breath of relief and pocketed his wand again, before smoothly reloading the gun - two Primium rounds left; best spare them until the next such monstrosity showed up... "I'm unharmed; the swat just grazed me, no harm done."
He turned to look at Cara and gave her a sheepish, apologetic look, "Er, yes, so... would you like to keep that dagger for protection against those things? I don't know how many more there are - but miss Jerkins did say that her patron gave her children, plural, and I've seen two thus far..."

You see Rosario kneeling by Jake's side, she took her crossbow and aimed at the wall, a small, tiny mark there, probably her marksmanship was one of her keys to get into a trance just like her dancing was. Loretta stood guard over her student. Udella was still bleeding and she looked rather tired where she stood by Crexia. Nancy was wet as a drowned cat but she grinned to you and seamed to be fine. Leon and his brother where unhurt and they ended their rotes and seamed relieved.
"That is quite some guard dog they have."
Leon muttered.
"Damn..."
He said as if he suddenly realized just how dangerous this mission really was.
He frowned, "Yes, they've got a pack of the Dunwich Horror stalking about... Hum, I wonder..."
He picked up the flashlight again and started to examine the ground where the thing had been, looking for that little glint of metal from the bullets that had been fired...

((OOC: Perception+Investigation seems appropriate for a deliberate search? 3,5,6,9. Did the bullets stay behind, or did they vanish with the thing?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 11:17

Then you hear Crexia speak the final words of the banishment rite... "How are everyone? That thing...should be gone know...I do not know if it is dead, but it is gone."
(Colin)"I'm unharmed; the swat just grazed me, no harm done." He turned to look at Cara and gave her a sheepish, apologetic look, "Er, yes, so... would you like to keep that dagger for protection against those things? I don't know how many more there are - but miss Jerkins did say that her patron gave her children, plural, and I've seen two thus far..."

He heaved a sigh of relief as the thing finally quit their plane, lowering the gun downwards, glancing around at everyone to see what had happened. He noted that Jake still hadn't moved, but now he was being checked over by Rosario. He hoped he was not dead, or worse. She too had been hurt, he remembered and Udella was hurt. Cara was...covered in slime, but seemed okay, and was glad to hear so was Colin, the two brothers and Crexia. He looked for Nancy and Rosario's mentor, and gave a check behind them too, just in case. Then said, "I'm okay," he said. "To answer your question, no it wasn't just for them," he said to Colin.

"That is quite some guard dog they have." Leon muttered. "Damn..."
He frowned, "Yes, they've got a pack of the Dunwich Horror stalking about... Hum, I wonder..."He picked up the flashlight again and started to examine the ground...

"Foul things," he all but spat. He hoped that was the last of Jodelle's 'children.' "Right, where were we..."

// wish me luck tomorrow, it might be a long day since they decided not to have me work much over the weekend and the deadline is tomorrow : /

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 14:13

Colin sighed a breath of relief and pocketed his wand again, before smoothly reloading the gun - two Primium rounds left; best spare them until the next such monstrosity showed up... "I'm unharmed; the swat just grazed me, no harm done."

"Good, if you could have a look around Mr Wainwright just to be sure we are in the clear."
Crexia said as she turned to help support Udella and have a look at the old Guernicus's wound.

He turned to look at Cara and gave her a sheepish, apologetic look, "Er, yes, so... would you like to keep that dagger for protection against those things? I don't know how many more there are - but miss Jerkins did say that her patron gave her children, plural, and I've seen two thus far..."

Cara looked at you wide eyed and held the dagger out to you.
"I...will be fine Mr Wainwright, then again, when it is an enemy where magick is not to effective I am rather lost, magick and enigmas and puzzles that is what I am good at, everything else, not so much."
The Criamon muttered she still looked rather disgusted.
"Perhaps holding that and getting between our more useful party members and those things are the best I can do, though I do not and let me emphasis that, not like to be...touched by those abominations...how on earth can they be the children of a mortal mage...no wait do not tell me...I do not think I want to know...gah!"
She exclaimed...
"Now how is everyone?"
She asked in a worried tone of voice and looked around.

He frowned, "Yes, they've got a pack of the Dunwich Horror stalking about... Hum, I wonder..."
He picked up the flashlight again and started to examine the ground where the thing had been, looking for that little glint of metal from the bullets that had been fired...

You find your Primium bullets and the bent and broken regular bullets you had fired on the ground, the Primium ones was still pristine, they where covered in rotted meat and slime though, but pristine.

He looked for Nancy and Rosario's mentor, and gave a check behind them too, just in case. Then said, "I'm okay," he said. "To answer your question, no it wasn't just for them," he said to Colin.

"You got hit Sodalis are you sure you are alright?"
Cara asked as her eyes went to Nancy and Rosario first, members of her own Cabal then the others and she frowned when she saw Jake.
"We need to keep watch while Rossy try to heal Mr...ehm...damn I have his name at the tip of my tongue...he is the Senior Quesitor over at Detroit."
She muttered.

"Foul things," he all but spat. He hoped that was the last of Jodelle's 'children.' "Right, where were we..."

"We take stock of our wounded and then try to take their wards down, and fast as they might have noticed their guard dog is gone."
Crexia said as she tried to wipe some of the slime and rotted matter of her dress.
"Would you mind supporting her while I heal Udella's wound Mr Roth Hicks, I am not great healer but this I can manage."
The archmage asked.

(OOC: Good luck, that sounds stressful. Oh and sorry for my late reply I was out with my crafting group making earrings.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 14:33

Then said, "I'm okay," he said. "To answer your question, no it wasn't just for them," he said to Colin.
Colin cleared his throat, "Ah, my question might've come out more aggressively than intended. Your shield worked, and held it at bay, and that's the important thing."

"Good, if you could have a look around Mr Wainwright just to be sure we are in the clear."
Crexia said as she turned to help support Udella and have a look at the old Guernicus's wound.
"Can do, ma'am."

Cara looked at you wide eyed and held the dagger out to you.
"I...will be fine Mr Wainwright, then again, when it is an enemy where magick is not to effective I am rather lost, magick and enigmas and puzzles that is what I am good at, everything else, not so much."
The Criamon muttered she still looked rather disgusted.
"Perhaps holding that and getting between our more useful party members and those things are the best I can do, though I do not and let me emphasis that, not like to be...touched by those abominations...how on earth can they be the children of a mortal mage...no wait do not tell me...I do not think I want to know...gah!"
She exclaimed...
"Now how is everyone?"
She asked in a worried tone of voice and looked around.
He gave Cara another apologetic look as he too the dagger back, "I don't think anyone would want to be touched by those abominations, really, even as... gently as you were. At least this does prove something important - miss Jerkins spoke the truth when she told me about her dagger; there were... dissenting voices as to her trustworthyness."

You find your Primium bullets and the bent and broken regular bullets you had fired on the ground, the Primium ones was still pristine, they where covered in rotted meat and slime though, but pristine.
He sighed and picked up the two Primium bullets, wiping them off and putting them in his pocket, "Waste not, want not... A pity, though; I'd hoped they might have remained stuck in the thing, giving it a far harder time getting back here again..."

"You got hit Sodalis are you sure you are alright?"
Cara asked as her eyes went to Nancy and Rosario first, members of her own Cabal then the others and she frowned when she saw Jake.
"We need to keep watch while Rossy try to heal Mr...ehm...damn I have his name at the tip of my tongue...he is the Senior Quesitor over at Detroit."
She muttered.
He glanced over at Jake, "Master Jake King... how badly hurt does he seem to be?"

((OOC: Well, sounds like you at least have the option to point fingers if you can't finish up in time - you would have worked the weekend, but you were denied to do so... :/ Good luck. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next