Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 9 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 pm

Leon gave a slight smile and shook your hand, the young mage's hand was smooth and fine, this young mage had not done many hours of physical labor in his life.
"I see, well I hope she will look more kindly on me eventually then...and yes truce."
He said and gave a friendly smile.
Colin nodded, returning the smile.

"Yes...create...from the earth...cold, soft, then heat and hardness...stability...unchanging...hands like yours...he spoke right...was kind...he broke..."
The spirit said sadly and cried out in anguish though it did not attack.
"You can birth...stability...thing...from earth?"
It asked and studied you.
He carefully slipped off his signet ring and lifted it in his palm, showing it to the spirit, "I take precious metals and shape them into marks of sworn bonds between people, solid reminders of those no longer in the now, I restore such items that have been worn by years of loving use... I too was broken, but found new purpose in working metal."

"I am nothing...nothing...I have no name...they took it...took my purpose...they say kill, that is the only purpose I have now...and I was made for that...but not only that...but I forget...pain...so much pain..."
The Umbrood howled then it looked at you again.
"You...can give me....a name?"
He asked longingly?
"An a presuppose? A being? Can you...recreate me...make me not...nothing?"
He nodded, watching the spirit's claws carefully, "I offer you the name Engrave; a good name for a spirit of preserved memory; one who carves images and memories into stone, so others can see the others not in the here and the now... I can only offer you the name, but I cannot change you by my will alone; you have to take it for yourself and make it yours... and there is so much stone here to start with."

((OOC: Well, it's worth a shot. Should I roll for this? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 9 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Adley Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:31 pm

The Umbrood looked at you confused and took a step towards you and raised it's claws as if to attack but then it looked down at the sharp blades. "Ground...stable...permanent...mother..." It said and studied it's blades.

Adley felt his body become taut reflexively in defense as the confused Umbrood put up his claws, thinking he had frustrated it to attack again, this time at him. But it didn't, instead it began to ruminate, 'looking' at its claws. "Yes, the ground, mother," he agreed. Certainly a metal or crystal spirit might think of the earth as its mother.

"A incarnate being...one who spoke right...formed...out of earth...made...me...made swords...birth in fire...then stable...still...permanent..." It muttered as if it remembered something from a faraway dream. "I have no...name...no nothing...I have lost the now..."

"I know it is confusing for you who was not made to have a change of self, a before or after, but you are remembering from that now. That is good," he encouraged it.

"Asimi...he said that word...to me...but it...was not my name...not my essence...but he said it...after I...was...born..."
The spirit said confused then it grabbed it's head and screamed again. "No...name...no purpose...nothing..."

"A nickname, a name we give friends?" he asked. "Or perhaps he was complimenting how you looked. Asimi, born in the forgefire and grown in the earth. Shhh, it is confusing, but you have not become nothing. You remember. The words can help you remember."

"Yes...protect...he made me to protect...there where other...like you with what I can not touch...inside...not all of...them spoke...but they did not...speak wrong...he made me to...protect...and I came from...what he protected...to preserve...make permanent...cold yes...once permanent...cold...I am both...I...confused...those who speak wrong...he screamed...the one like you who made me...screamed...and screamed....he broke..."

"You are both, made of more than one metal and looked like silver," he nodded. "Did the ones who speak wrong break your the man who made the swords and the others like him, in an interval that is not this one?" he asked with a frown.

He frowned and looked up at the spirit, pondering briefly, then spoke up in Latin, "O spirit once called Asími, do you understand my baser language?"
The Umbrood slowly turned and looked at you as you spoke to it, then it rushed towards you...but instead of slicing at you, he touched your hands with the backside of his blades, and the tips of his fingers...and he studied your fingers with some interest then looked at your face and let your hand go, bottomless disappointment in his shadowy face.
"You are...not the one who created me...you are not him...he screamed...he screamed..." The spirit said, his voice sounding in broken, unsure English. "These words are...slow...hard...difficult..."

Adley felt a lurch in his chest as the spirit rushed Colin, knife raised but it was lightning fast. The thing touched him, but didn't hurt him, almost like a scalpel just inspecting Colin's hands. Of course the man was a silversmith. But he worried for him, the Umbrood was confused and hurt and that made it very dangerous, as it had already proven. He dared not look at Crexia or the others in case he gave away their spellwork but he followed the exchange carefully.

He held still as the spirit touched him, his eyes widening slightly as the only sign he was frightened at being caught so quickly off guard, "I am not he who created you, but I am perhaps like him. I, too, shape metal into forms of lasting value... and I grieve for what was done to you. I have no power to force my will on you, nor would I want to do so... but if I offer you a name and purpose anew, one of preservation and lasting glory?"
"Yes...create...from the earth...cold, soft, then heat and hardness...stability...unchanging...hands like yours...he spoke right...was kind...he broke..."
The spirit said sadly and cried out in anguish though it did not attack.
"You can birth...stability...thing...from earth?"
"I am nothing...nothing...I have no name...they took it...took my purpose...they say kill, that is the only purpose I have now...and I was made for that...but not only that...but I forget...pain...so much pain..."
The Umbrood howled then it looked at you again.
"You...can give me....a name?"
He asked longingly?
"An a presuppose? A being? Can you...recreate me...make me not...nothing?"

It seemed Colin also had figured out something of the nature of what he wanted to do. Perhaps he could find something suitable for it, that would appease it and give it some peace though. Something else than its nonexistence.

He nodded, watching the spirit's claws carefully, "I offer you the name Engrave; a good name for a spirit of preserved memory; one who carves images and memories into stone, so others can see the others not in the here and the now... I can only offer you the name, but I cannot change you by my will alone; you have to take it for yourself and make it yours... and there is so much stone here to start with."

It was a good Name for it, he didn't know if it was near what it had once been but perhaps it would be satisfying. He hoped so, for Colin's sake.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Colin nodded, returning the smile.

Leon nodded and went back to working on some spell.

He carefully slipped off his signet ring and lifted it in his palm, showing it to the spirit, "I take precious metals and shape them into marks of sworn bonds between people, solid reminders of those no longer in the now, I restore such items that have been worn by years of loving use... I too was broken, but found new purpose in working metal."

The spirit looked at the ring, then he touched it, gently several times.
"It is of the earth...it is made by...fire..."
It said then looked at you.
"Nothing should be lost in the now, but somethings are, and it should not be for now...is now..."
It said sounding stressed.
"Working...metal...yes..."
It muttered still looking at the ring.
"I...was metal..."

The Umbrood regarded you again, it's clawed fingers stroking the ring longingly.
"I am not...a creator, that is change...I preserve...I used to before they...took it...made me nothing...I need a purpose...I am nothing."
It screamed.
"I was...but now I am not...there is no...now...it hurts..."
It howled clearly quite stressed, then it calmed down.
"I...could be..it could be...a name..."
It said and looked down at it's claws.
"Engrave..."
It muttered.

Adley felt his body become taut reflexively in defense as the confused Umbrood put up his claws, thinking he had frustrated it to attack again, this time at him. But it didn't, instead it began to ruminate, 'looking' at its claws. "Yes, the ground, mother," he agreed. Certainly a metal or crystal spirit might think of the earth as its mother.

"Yes...ground forever, unchanging...eternal..."
The confused Umborrd muttered as it swayed as if in a strong wind, glancing at you looking lost but now and again fractures memories of what it was came back.

"I know it is confusing for you who was not made to have a change of self, a before or after, but you are remembering from that now. That is good," he encouraged it.

"I...have lost the...now...I should not change...should not change...I am...nothing."
The Umbrood wept grabbing it's head again.

"A nickname, a name we give friends?" he asked.

"Names...can be dangerous...if those with...what I...can not touch...inside know...he called me...a name that was not...my being...so others would...not hear...now I have lost my...name...but he was kind...he got broken..."

"Or perhaps he was complimenting how you looked. Asimi, born in the forgefire and grown in the earth. Shhh, it is confusing, but you have not become nothing. You remember. The words can help you remember."

"Yes...that is...how I looked to...him...I have no purpose...I am nothing...I need a purpose...I need to be...or I am nothing..."
The Umbrood said in a pained tone of voice.

"You are both, made of more than one metal and looked like silver," he nodded.

"Yes..."
The Umbrood confirmed.

"Did the ones who speak wrong break your the man who made the swords and the others like him, in an interval that is not this one?" he asked with a frown.

"No...in the now,the ground have...gotten cold hard five times, and warm four since the ones who speak wrong broke the man who made...the swords...and the others with...what I can not touch inside...they screamed...I did not want them to scream...they where broken...broken...I can not find them...in the now..."
The spirit said moaning and grabbing it's head to shield it from screams long gone.
"Screaming...then nothing..."

(OOC: Yes you can give it a roll...intelligence plus whatever you feel is appropriate.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for my late reply I have been out.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:01 pm

The spirit looked at the ring, then he touched it, gently several times.
"It is of the earth...it is made by...fire..."
It said then looked at you.
"Nothing should be lost in the now, but somethings are, and it should not be for now...is now..."
It said sounding stressed.
"Working...metal...yes..."
It muttered still looking at the ring.
"I...was metal..."
Colin nodded, looking down at the claws again, "You still are metal; fine, sharp and accurate. That, they haven't taken away..."

The Umbrood regarded you again, it's clawed fingers stroking the ring longingly.
"I am not...a creator, that is change...I preserve...I used to before they...took it...made me nothing...I need a purpose...I am nothing."
It screamed.
"I was...but now I am not...there is no...now...it hurts..."
It howled clearly quite stressed, then it calmed down.
"I...could be..it could be...a name..."
It said and looked down at it's claws.
"Engrave..."
It muttered.
He swallowed, mouth a little dry, "The line between creation and preservation is a thin one. Some times, one must change one thing to preserve another. Your purpose, that of preservation, was taken from you; it was wrong and cruel to do so - but a part of you remembers, a part of you that they could not break. Preserve your old friend, the one who called you Asími, please... show us who he was, and even though he's not in the Now, he could help lead you back to the preserver you were."
He gently took the spirit's hand in his own, careful not to touch the edges of the claws, running a gentle fingertip along the side of one, "These are not the tools of keeping things unchanged... but they are the most beautiful tools I have seen for preserving a memory on a truly durable medium like a stone or a plate of metal."
He carefully released a mote of Quintessence, the last of his personal reserve, "Please, accept this reflection of a shaper like your old friend, and safeguard his memory, as we go to stop those who wronged you..."

((OOC: I was thinking Manipulation+Occult, actually, but if you insist, I can do Intelligence instead. Even if that seems less directly appropriate, since Colin is trying to convince the spirit to do something. Wink Also, yes, that's the last of Colin's personal Quintessence he's letting go there, if the spirit will accept it as a gift. Manipulation+Occult - 7,7,8,9, and if you insist on Intelligence instead, 6. That... probably went better than expected? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 pm

Colin nodded, looking down at the claws again, "You still are metal; fine, sharp and accurate. That, they haven't taken away..."

The spirit looked down at it's claws then up at you.
"I am...metal..."
It muttered sounding surprised.
"Yes..."
It said sounding slightly less upset.
"I am metal..."

He swallowed, mouth a little dry, "The line between creation and preservation is a thin one. Some times, one must change one thing to preserve another. Your purpose, that of preservation, was taken from you; it was wrong and cruel to do so - but a part of you remembers, a part of you that they could not break. Preserve your old friend, the one who called you Asími, please... show us who he was, and even though he's not in the Now, he could help lead you back to the preserver you were."

The Umbrood looked at you confused again and cocked it's head to the side.
"I was in...the earth...then fire gave me form...then I was preserving, unchanging, not stone but metal, a tool to protect...that was my purpose, they took my purpose...they made me nothing I have to kill...have to..."
It protested but it seamed far less certain of that now.
"Preserve him write his name...his deeds in stone?"
It asked and looked down at it's claws.
"Let others see and remember he who made the swords?"

He gently took the spirit's hand in his own, careful not to touch the edges of the claws, running a gentle fingertip along the side of one, "These are not the tools of keeping things unchanged... but they are the most beautiful tools I have seen for preserving a memory on a truly durable medium like a stone or a plate of metal."
He carefully released a mote of Quintessence, the last of his personal reserve, "Please, accept this reflection of a shaper like your old friend, and safeguard his memory, as we go to stop those who wronged you..."

The spirit looked down at your hands when you touched the manifested Ephemera that made him able to interact with the physical world.
"Preserve a memory..."
It muttered.
"Your hands are...like his, full of metal...dust..."
It commented then it looked at the Quintessence and gently took it.
"Thank you he who make small things with markings on it..."
He said and begun consuming the Quintessence then he looked up again, turning more silvery rather than a dark, shadowy mass.
"Yes...I can...record memory...I can be recording of memories in stone and metal...I can be so."
It agreed. I am Engrave...call on me he who makes small things with markings on them and I will come..."
The Ubrood said, and then he was gone, the cold, strange feel of his manifested form gone as if it had never been. Behind you on the sone wall of the corridor you started hearing scratching though, and slowly letters started appearing, engraved into the rock itself, letters that begun to form.
"Master Arl Drinan Hermes bani Verditius...he who makes the swords..."
The script continued, slowly appearing in the walls, the spirit though you could not longer see. Adley will be able to sense it there in the walls though, but it no longer feels hostile, instead it felt content and happily working on it's new purpose.

(OOC: Manipulation plus Occult works fine.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:26 pm

The spirit looked down at it's claws then up at you.
"I am...metal..."
It muttered sounding surprised.
"Yes..."
It said sounding slightly less upset.
"I am metal..."
Colin nodded, smiling.

The Umbrood looked at you confused again and cocked it's head to the side.
"I was in...the earth...then fire gave me form...then I was preserving, unchanging, not stone but metal, a tool to protect...that was my purpose, they took my purpose...they made me nothing I have to kill...have to..."
It protested but it seamed far less certain of that now.
"Preserve him write his name...his deeds in stone?"
It asked and looked down at it's claws.
"Let others see and remember he who made the swords?"
He nodded, "Killing would only serve to pull you further away from Purpose... to lessen you even more. Reviving his memory; his name and deeds can bring you back... bring you home."

The spirit looked down at your hands when you touched the manifested Ephemera that made him able to interact with the physical world.
"Preserve a memory..."
It muttered.
"Your hands are...like his, full of metal...dust..."
It commented then it looked at the Quintessence and gently took it.
"Thank you he who make small things with markings on it..."
He said and begun consuming the Quintessence then he looked up again, turning more silvery rather than a dark, shadowy mass.
"Yes...I can...record memory...I can be recording of memories in stone and metal...I can be so."
It agreed. I am Engrave...call on me he who makes small things with markings on them and I will come..."
The Ubrood said, and then he was gone, the cold, strange feel of his manifested form gone as if it had never been. Behind you on the sone wall of the corridor you started hearing scratching though, and slowly letters started appearing, engraved into the rock itself, letters that begun to form.
The script continued, slowly appearing in the walls, the spirit though you could not longer see. Adley will be able to sense it there in the walls though, but it no longer feels hostile, instead it felt content and happily working on it's new purpose.
He nodded, "As I leave my marks on metal, metal leaves its marks on me. It is a fair exchange, as it should be."
As Engrave accepted its new name, as it Became anew, he sighed a breath of relief and smiled, "Then I will call you when I need you, Engrave, and I will offer you sheets of metal for the Swordsmith's story. And I will call you Friend."
As the words began appearing, he aimed the flashlight at the wall, and smiled, "That worked, thank Heavens... it was not as far gone as the Fallen might have wanted. And... ah, his old friend was a Verditius; I suppose that should come as no surprise. Does anyone know the name?"

He glanced over at Adley, "And pardon me for cutting in, but... your Sodalis translated for me, and I saw those claws... I might not know Spirits, but I know metalwork. That... and I've read a few books where spirits are offered new names. I thought it worth the gamble."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 pm

Colin nodded, smiling.

The spirit gave you a confused look but said nothing.

He nodded, "Killing would only serve to pull you further away from Purpose... to lessen you even more. Reviving his memory; his name and deeds can bring you back... bring you home."

"They said...killing is my purpose now..."
The Umbrood begun but then he nodded.
"Yes...preserving the name and deeds of he who made the swords...yes that is preserving him...I can do that, even if I remember just...a little..."

He nodded, "As I leave my marks on metal, metal leaves its marks on me. It is a fair exchange, as it should be."

"Yes."
The Umbrood agreed, there was nothing more to it than that.

As Engrave accepted its new name, as it Became anew, he sighed a breath of relief and smiled, "Then I will call you when I need you, Engrave, and I will offer you sheets of metal for the Swordsmith's story. And I will call you Friend."

"Yes...sheets of metal...born from the earth...made in fire...stable...unchanging for the story of he who makes the swords."
Engrave said agreeing that such a gift would be a worthy offering.
"Yes...call my name...and I will hear, I will come. Friend yes...you have given me a name he who makes small things with markings on them...friend..."
It agreed before it just, vanished.

As the words began appearing, he aimed the flashlight at the wall, and smiled, "That worked, thank Heavens... it was not as far gone as the Fallen might have wanted. And... ah, his old friend was a Verditius; I suppose that should come as no surprise. Does anyone know the name?"

"You took and enormous risk....I was ready to destroy it, but that would have taken time, enough time for it to gut you..."
Crexia said sternly and she fixed you with a steely gaze then she relaxed as she dismissed her rote.
"I am glad I did not have to destroy that Umbrood though, it is a victim of the Nephandi as much as anyone, what a cruel thing to do to a spirit, to take away it's name and purpose...leaving it with nothing...I am glad the two of you where able to help it."
She told you and Adley then she looked stern again.
"But do try to avoid taking such chances...please I would prefer to return you to your home Chantry in the same condition that received you."

Udella who was done with her banishments for now looked at the wall sadly.
"Yes....I know the name, Master Drinan was a member of a powerful Chantry up in Detroit...five years ago they where attacked by the Nephandi, they...where all killed or captured, every mage, custos and grog in that Chantry...it was a senseless tragedy..."
She mutters.
"A senseless tragedy indeed."

Rosario looked at you and Adley as the spirit vanished.
"Is the coast clear for now? Should I see what I can do for the wounded?"
She asked eager to help her Mentor...and Cara and James who probably needed it most right now...

He glanced over at Adley, "And pardon me for cutting in, but... your Sodalis translated for me, and I saw those claws... I might not know Spirits, but I know metalwork. That... and I've read a few books where spirits are offered new names. I thought it worth the gamble."

"That gamble might have cost you your hands...or your head young man...I am glad things worked out well, but I do not like those under my command taking risks like that..."
Crexia said sternly though she smiled a little and while she did not admit it she did seam a bit impressed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:01 am

"You took and enormous risk....I was ready to destroy it, but that would have taken time, enough time for it to gut you..."
Crexia said sternly and she fixed you with a steely gaze then she relaxed as she dismissed her rote.
"I am glad I did not have to destroy that Umbrood though, it is a victim of the Nephandi as much as anyone, what a cruel thing to do to a spirit, to take away it's name and purpose...leaving it with nothing...I am glad the two of you where able to help it."
She told you and Adley then she looked stern again.
"But do try to avoid taking such chances...please I would prefer to return you to your home Chantry in the same condition that received you."
Colin nodded slowly, "Indeed - I won't try something like that again anytime soon... I wouldn't have tried this time, if not for the simple detail that its nature was so close to home. Had it seemed a spirit of anything but metalwork, I would have held my head down and helped protect the wounded. I'm glad I could help it, though; I wasn't sure it would work... but I do think I understand a little more of Spirits now. Just a little..."
He looked down on his hands, where the spirit had traced the blunt side of its claws against his skin, "It is true, though, that some times, the most broken people are the gentlest... and he was so badly hurt..."

"Yes....I know the name, Master Drinan was a member of a powerful Chantry up in Detroit...five years ago they where attacked by the Nephandi, they...where all killed or captured, every mage, custos and grog in that Chantry...it was a senseless tragedy..."
She mutters.
He nodded, "And now our new friend will tell his tale... Perhaps a somewhat clearer image of what transpired that day will come to light?"

Rosario looked at you and Adley as the spirit vanished.
"Is the coast clear for now? Should I see what I can do for the wounded?"
She asked eager to help her Mentor...and Cara and James who probably needed it most right now...
He glanced around, looking at Adley and Crexia then nodded toward James, "I'd hazard we have a moment's respite, at least... I suspect his back is the most urgent, though."

"That gamble might have cost you your hands...or your head young man...I am glad things worked out well, but I do not like those under my command taking risks like that..."
Crexia said sternly though she smiled a little and while she did not admit it she did seam a bit impressed.
He nodded, tugging lightly at his shirt collar, "Agreed, while fortune does favour the bold, it's not a gamble I'm inclined to attempt without at least as good a feel for the odds. If it had been a Spirit of anything else, like a water spirit, I would have been lost like a fish on dry land..."

((OOC: So, which would be more justified now; adding a dot of Occult, or the first dot in Spirit, once I set aside the XP for something? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 am

Colin nodded slowly, "Indeed - I won't try something like that again anytime soon... I wouldn't have tried this time, if not for the simple detail that its nature was so close to home. Had it seemed a spirit of anything but metalwork, I would have held my head down and helped protect the wounded. I'm glad I could help it, though; I wasn't sure it would work... but I do think I understand a little more of Spirits now. Just a little..."

Crexia looked at you for a moment, mulling over your reply then she nodded.
"Considering the spirit's nature and your profession young man it was a...good judgment call, and I am glad it worked out, I would not have liked to have to destroy it...shatter it when nothing of this is it's fault...I would like loosing another under my command less though, so de careful please...And I am glad you have gained a bit more understanding of spirits, that might serve you well one day, even if it is just a little understanding."
The old archmage said then she turned to look around the group and the still frozen werbear to take stock.
"So far...so good..."
She muttered.

He looked down on his hands, where the spirit had traced the blunt side of its claws against his skin, "It is true, though, that some times, the most broken people are the gentlest... and he was so badly hurt..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Yes...sometimes they are young man, and sometimes they are exploited and victimized again and again, well hopefully that spirit is better now...with a new purpose to keep him busy."
She said surprisingly softly.
"I hope it can find some peace."

He nodded, "And now our new friend will tell his tale... Perhaps a somewhat clearer image of what transpired that day will come to light?"

"I think perhaps his filius might appreciate knowing that clearer image, horrible as it might be, it is usually better to know than to wonder about such things."
Udella muttered and nodded.
"You know young man...I hate this war...I hate it and all the death and grief it brings with it to everyone it touches."
The old Quesitor said angrily.

He glanced around, looking at Adley and Crexia then nodded toward James, "I'd hazard we have a moment's respite, at least... I suspect his back is the most urgent, though."

Rosario nodded, she glanced at her Mentor but went to James' side and knelt down beside the wounded Hermetic, she wanted to help her teacher but the Fortunae was worse injured and his bleeding needed to be stopped. The Cultist lifted her crossbow and aimed at a small mark on the far side of the wall, took a deep breath, and fired, the arrow hit the mark perfectly, then she turned to the wounded Hermetic, perhaps she used the focus needed for such a feat of archery to slip into a trance of her own, the type of trance she needed to work her magick.

He nodded, tugging lightly at his shirt collar, "Agreed, while fortune does favour the bold, it's not a gamble I'm inclined to attempt without at least as good a feel for the odds. If it had been a Spirit of anything else, like a water spirit, I would have been lost like a fish on dry land..."

Crexia nodded.
"Your explanation is satisfactory, your judgment was sound and it paid of."
She said in a sort of acknowledgement of your actions, at least she felt no need to criticize your taking of chances further and she accepted your reasoning for what you had done and the result it had granted.

(OOC: Both works, I would say Colin have had enough to do with spirits that getting the first dot in Spirit would not be out of place, and Occult is also something he have been exposed to quite allot, so both are good.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:06 am

Crexia looked at you for a moment, mulling over your reply then she nodded.
"Considering the spirit's nature and your profession young man it was a...good judgment call, and I am glad it worked out, I would not have liked to have to destroy it...shatter it when nothing of this is it's fault...I would like loosing another under my command less though, so de careful please...And I am glad you have gained a bit more understanding of spirits, that might serve you well one day, even if it is just a little understanding."
The old archmage said then she turned to look around the group and the still frozen werbear to take stock.
"So far...so good..."
She muttered.
He nodded and grimaced at the werebear, "Is that guy going to get up again, though? Or should we make bloody sure he won't?"

Crexia nodded at that.
"Yes...sometimes they are young man, and sometimes they are exploited and victimized again and again, well hopefully that spirit is better now...with a new purpose to keep him busy."
She said surprisingly softly.
"I hope it can find some peace."
He smiled, "I think he just might..."

"I think perhaps his filius might appreciate knowing that clearer image, horrible as it might be, it is usually better to know than to wonder about such things."
Udella muttered and nodded.
"You know young man...I hate this war...I hate it and all the death and grief it brings with it to everyone it touches."
The old Quesitor said angrily.
He nodded to Udella, "I believe it was the American President Eisenhower who put it best... 'I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.' - I read that comment of his, and it resonated with me. We should all see more leaders like that..."

Rosario nodded, she glanced at her Mentor but went to James' side and knelt down beside the wounded Hermetic, she wanted to help her teacher but the Fortunae was worse injured and his bleeding needed to be stopped. The Cultist lifted her crossbow and aimed at a small mark on the far side of the wall, took a deep breath, and fired, the arrow hit the mark perfectly, then she turned to the wounded Hermetic, perhaps she used the focus needed for such a feat of archery to slip into a trance of her own, the type of trance she needed to work her magick.
As Rosario started helping James, Colin raised his pistol and kept his attention on the surroundings, just in case of another surprise incoming.

Crexia nodded.
"Your explanation is satisfactory, your judgment was sound and it paid of."
She said in a sort of acknowledgement of your actions, at least she felt no need to criticize your taking of chances further and she accepted your reasoning for what you had done and the result it had granted.
He smiled, "Your approval in this means a lot, actually."

((OOC: Well, then, I need a bit more XP to afford the dot in Spirit, I think, but the couple points for Occult 2 should be easily affordable for now. Smile ))

((OOC2: Correction, Knowledges are cheap as shit; Current rating in XP cost for a new dot - and a new Sphere costs 10 XP. So, Colin's got a brand, spankin' new Sphere after all, one which will probably start coming in an awful lot handier as Dimensional Science than Spirits, though. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 am

"Names...can be dangerous...if those with...what I...can not touch...inside know...he called me...a name that was not...my being...so others would...not hear...now I have lost my...name...but he was kind...he got broken..."

"That is true, sometimes but they can also be a boon. May I call you Asími?"

"No...in the now,the ground have...gotten cold hard five times, and warm four since the ones who speak wrong broke the man who made...the swords...and the others with...what I can not touch inside...they screamed...I did not want them to scream...they where broken...broken...I can not find them...in the now..."
The spirit said moaning and grabbing it's head to shield it from screams long gone.
"Screaming...then nothing..."

"I see. I am sorry for the loss of your friend and for what was done to you."

He kept as careful an eye on the exchange and what was going on as he could, and finally the Umbrood seemed to take some solace in what Colin was trying to say. His offer of quintessence and a new Name seemed to enliven him, letting him consider something other than killing them for which he was thankful. He shot Colin a look of relief and something else, he looked very pleased with what Colin had just done, giving him a sudden flash of a smile before the name inscribed on the wall caught his attention. It was only a moment before he looked down to see how his injured sodales and Udella was doing with the other spirit. He knew the time they were using was at a cost. "Are you alright?" he asked Cara, who was closest to him at the moment.

"That worked, thank Heavens... it was not as far gone as the Fallen might have wanted. And... ah, his old friend was a Verditius; I suppose that should come as no surprise. Does anyone know the name?" He glanced over at Adley, "And pardon me for cutting in, but... your Sodalis translated for me, and I saw those claws... I might not know Spirits, but I know metalwork. That... and I've read a few books where spirits are offered new names. I thought it worth the gamble."
"You took and enormous risk....I was ready to destroy it, but that would have taken time, enough time for it to gut you..."Crexia said sternly and she fixed you with a steely gaze then she relaxed as she dismissed her rote. "I am glad I did not have to destroy that Umbrood though, it is a victim of the Nephandi as much as anyone, what a cruel thing to do to a spirit, to take away it's name and purpose...leaving it with nothing...I am glad the two of you where able to help it."
She told you and Adley then she looked stern again. "But do try to avoid taking such chances...please I would prefer to return you to your home Chantry in the same condition that received you."

"No need to apologize...well, for giving me that startle but I'm glad it didn't harm you and glad that you have made a new friend in Asími," he said, putting a finger up to his mouth to show he would not use the other Name that Colin gave the Umbrood. "If you require Quintessence, then you can take some from me to replace what you gave it," he offered. "You might need it later."

She mutters.
Rosario looked at you and Adley as the spirit vanished. "Is the coast clear for now? Should I see what I can do for the wounded?" She asked eager to help her Mentor...and Cara and James who probably needed it most right now...

He nodded to Rosario. "Thank you. That clawed one does not seem hostile any longer, it is occupied with its task in the near umbra. The other...?" he looked at Udella. "Is the other one still hostile? Maybe we can find the ocean elemental and find some common ground as well, but if that one's one of those others...so somehow this Labyrinth or someone in it is linked to that massacre in Detroit." He frowned. More mystery they did not have time for, and more tragedy.

He nodded and grimaced at the werebear, "Is that guy going to get up again, though? Or should we make bloody sure he won't?"

"I hope not," he said, as if he were still trying to comprehend how anything could take such a beating and live. "I can try to enhance the rote I have on him to keep what's left of him in place." He glanced at the others.

// wtg to Colin, yay

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:55 am

Colin:

"We should take his head, before my teacher's spell ends. My uncle do not hunt wercreatures as such but when someone have been a hunter as long as him...well he do accumulate some knowledge and for most being really, the way to make sure is to take their head."
Rosario said grimly before she started her healing work.

He smiled, "I think he just might..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"I hope so."

He nodded to Udella, "I believe it was the American President Eisenhower who put it best... 'I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.' - I read that comment of his, and it resonated with me. We should all see more leaders like that..."

"Yes we should have more leaders like that. Unfortunately leaders are often fairly protected they see war as a means to reach glory and fame, they do not really feel the lives lost, or the pain caused, on both sides of the conflict."
Udella muttered softly, if she was born in the Renaissance she would have spent six hundred years in the Asencion War and right now the old mage looked tired, very tired.

He smiled, "Your approval in this means a lot, actually."

Crexia nodded at that but said nothing, she did give you a bit of a smile though.

As Rosario started helping James, Colin raised his pistol and kept his attention on the surroundings, just in case of another surprise incoming.

For now, things seamed clam, but you where still literary in the lair of the enemy so you never knew when something could happen. Sometimes there where sounds from other corridors, people moving around, but no one attacked your ground, not right now at least.

Adley:

"That is true, sometimes but they can also be a boon. May I call you Asími?"

The spirit nodded slightly as it looked at you, but he looked so confused.
"Yes...that is how my...claws look..."
Was all it said.

"I see. I am sorry for the loss of your friend and for what was done to you."

"I do...not understand...sorry...one do a task...complete it...or fail it...I miss the one who made the swords...I feel...alone..."
The Umbrood muttered clearly confused over your words and it moaned painfully again.

It was only a moment before he looked down to see how his injured sodales and Udella was doing with the other spirit. He knew the time they were using was at a cost. "Are you alright?" he asked Cara, who was closest to him at the moment.

Udella seamed done with her banishing work, and that presence you had felt was not there anymore, what was left now was the general feeling of disgust and unease of being in a Labyrinth. James was in a horrible condition he had ten cuts, to the bone down his back and was loosing allot of blood and he was whimpering in pain on the floor. Loretta still meditated and did not seam to notice that she was injured, but the claws she had been hit with was not deep, she would probably be fine if the wounds did not get infected. Cara looked at you she held her wounded shoulder and nodded.
"Yeah I think so Sodales, it did not hit any of the imprints, and my arm works fine, I think I just need to have the claw pulled out and be patched up. I can continue, I am sure thankful for getting that tetanus shot earlier though."
She muttered, the Criamon looked to be fine. Udella walked over to her.
"Child I am not great healer, but this I can handle, if you will let me?"
The Quesitor offered and Udella begun to gently examine her shoulder.
"I might have to touch one of your imprints to position my hands to get the claw out."
She said and Cara nodded.
"That is alright..."
She muttered a little uneasy.

He nodded to Rosario. "Thank you. That clawed one does not seem hostile any longer, it is occupied with its task in the near umbra.

"Good, that is good."
Rosario said before she walked over to tend to James.

The other...?" he looked at Udella. "Is the other one still hostile?

"The other one are not hostile as such but will attack us again, she is powerful, and she is desperate to recover her child, I think the only one to get her off our back is to convince her we can get her child back for her, but she is not easily swayed."
Udella said as she looked up from Cara's wound, she had begun to carefully pull the claw out, the Criamon had shut her eyes tightly and was wincing but she seamed to be ok for now.

Maybe we can find the ocean elemental and find some common ground as well, but if that one's one of those others...so somehow this Labyrinth or someone in it is linked to that massacre in Detroit." He frowned. More mystery they did not have time for, and more tragedy.

"We can assume that at least someone here is linked to that massacre and it do worry me, as that...horrible event is so out of place for the Nephandi. The Fallen prefer to hide in the shadows and corrupt, it is very rare for them to go on a war path like this, so I was concerned five years ago when they openly attacked a Chantry, something is not adding up here young man."
Udella said and sigh.
"We might need to find someone to ask."
She added grimly.
"As for the ocean elemental, yes if we can talk that into not attacking us or working for us then that would be a boon and I would prefer not to kill spirits if I can avoid it, they have an innocence to them...a purity."
The old Quesitor muttered as she pulled that claw out of Cara's shoulder.
"I will do what I can to heal this now child...
She muttered and Cara nodded.

"I hope not," he said, as if he were still trying to comprehend how anything could take such a beating and live. "I can try to enhance the rote I have on him to keep what's left of him in place." He glanced at the others.

"Good, that might be a wise idea...do that and in the meantime I will take his head, that should make sure he is not getting back up once our Cultist friend's rote ends."
Crexia said, she muttered a few words in Greek and a sword of elegantly shaped Primal energies appeared in her hands, a European short sword, and the old Tytalus looked like she was used to hold one as well.
"If you would not mind watching my back while I make sure our foe is dead Sodalis."
Crexia asked you as she stepped towards the werbear.

(OOC: Spirit 1 it is, I will write up something to have Colin realize his new knowledge as soon as opportunity allow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:31 am

He kept as careful an eye on the exchange and what was going on as he could, and finally the Umbrood seemed to take some solace in what Colin was trying to say. His offer of quintessence and a new Name seemed to enliven him, letting him consider something other than killing them for which he was thankful. He shot Colin a look of relief and something else, he looked very pleased with what Colin had just done, giving him a sudden flash of a smile before the name inscribed on the wall caught his attention. It was only a moment before he looked down to see how his injured sodales and Udella was doing with the other spirit. He knew the time they were using was at a cost. "Are you alright?" he asked Cara, who was closest to him at the moment.
Colin gave a relieved nod back to Adley.

"No need to apologize...well, for giving me that startle but I'm glad it didn't harm you and glad that you have made a new friend in Asími," he said, putting a finger up to his mouth to show he would not use the other Name that Colin gave the Umbrood. "If you require Quintessence, then you can take some from me to replace what you gave it," he offered. "You might need it later."
He glanced back at the tanks, then down the hallway, and grimaced, "I think I've got enough... especially since there are Nodes here, too. But thank you."

"Yes we should have more leaders like that. Unfortunately leaders are often fairly protected they see war as a means to reach glory and fame, they do not really feel the lives lost, or the pain caused, on both sides of the conflict."
Udella muttered softly, if she was born in the Renaissance she would have spent six hundred years in the Asencion War and right now the old mage looked tired, very tired.
He nodded, "It should be a requirement that the leaders who seek war should be forced to bring their own families to the front lines... It might cut down on the draft-dodging warhawks, at least."

"We can assume that at least someone here is linked to that massacre and it do worry me, as that...horrible event is so out of place for the Nephandi. The Fallen prefer to hide in the shadows and corrupt, it is very rare for them to go on a war path like this, so I was concerned five years ago when they openly attacked a Chantry, something is not adding up here young man."
Udella said and sigh.
He glanced over at Adley, "I would surmise the Detroit Chantry had something specific that Abigail or Larson wanted... We know they've been making efforts to obtain some oddly specific individuals, materials and items in the past; it would not surprise me to find that there was some extremely valuable - for its properties rather than as tradable goods - item or substance held in secret in Detroit."

"We should take his head, before my teacher's spell ends. My uncle do not hunt wercreatures as such but when someone have been a hunter as long as him...well he do accumulate some knowledge and for most being really, the way to make sure is to take their head."
Rosario said grimly before she started her healing work.
"Good, that might be a wise idea...do that and in the meantime I will take his head, that should make sure he is not getting back up once our Cultist friend's rote ends."
Crexia said, she muttered a few words in Greek and a sword of elegantly shaped Primal energies appeared in her hands, a European short sword, and the old Tytalus looked like she was used to hold one as well.
"If you would not mind watching my back while I make sure our foe is dead Sodalis."
Crexia asked you as she stepped towards the werbear.
He nodded to Crexia, and dismissed what remained of the primal portcullis, "Yes, beheading should hopefully work. If that proves inadequate, I just might have to show fear..."

((OOC: If you don't write something up, it's just as fine if his flight instructor notices instead or perhaps Adjan when he starts the Umbral Navigation lessons. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:08 pm

He nodded, "It should be a requirement that the leaders who seek war should be forced to bring their own families to the front lines... It might cut down on the draft-dodging warhawks, at least."

"Yes such an arrangement would be horrible but it might actually make leaders think twice about the necessity of the wars they start."
Udella agreed and nodded.

He glanced over at Adley, "I would surmise the Detroit Chantry had something specific that Abigail or Larson wanted... We know they've been making efforts to obtain some oddly specific individuals, materials and items in the past; it would not surprise me to find that there was some extremely valuable - for its properties rather than as tradable goods - item or substance held in secret in Detroit."

"Well I do know some of the members of the Detroit Chantry was taken, most was killed, but some where kidnapped and never seen again, though I do not have a list of exactly who in my head at the moment."
Udella said and sigh.
"It would seam it was something the Fallen wanted at that Chantry, something or someone needed for their plans..."

He nodded to Crexia, and dismissed what remained of the primal portcullis, "Yes, beheading should hopefully work. If that proves inadequate, I just might have to show fear..."

Crexia waited until the last of your make shift trap was gone, then she stepped over to the werbear and swung her Prime sword twice at his neck, about that time Loretta woke up from her trance and gasped, and then every bit of damage happened to the poor shapeshifter at once, he was crushed, shot, impaled, beheaded and thorn to bits, at in an instance as time started to go normally for him again, it might be a mercy for the werbear that it was all to much, and all at once, he probably did not feel any of it, but it certainly was a horrible display before your eyes as the creature was crushed and beheaded, all in the blink of an eye, pieces of flesh and blood flying everywhere, the bits of eye that long had been suspended in the air finally hitting a wall. Crexia managed to quickly cast a kinetic shield just as the Cultist's magick ended which protected from most of the splatter but that did not make it any less horrific and several of the party looked a little green, Leon who was sitting by his brother's side turned away and dry heaved, there was nothing left in his stomach to come up.
"I think I am going to be sick..."
Cara muttered and she looked rather unsteady on her feet. Olamide turned away from the display of gore and grunted in disgust.
"At least he is not getting back up."
She commented.

Loretta looked down and saw the claws jutting out of her torso and her eyes widened.
"Oh my!"
She muttered and she looked like she might fall and hit the floor. Rosario was to far away, focused on helping James so she would not be able to reach her.
"Oh my...ouch...what...!"
Loretta muttered again as she finally came out of her trance.

(OOC: Very well then we will see how the game ebbs and flows.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 pm

He glanced back at the tanks, then down the hallway, and grimaced, "I think I've got enough... especially since there are Nodes here, too. But thank you."

He gave him a shrug, trying not to seem miffed that Colin would rather take -anything- from the tainted Labyrinth they were in than his offer of his own quintessence, but the man could use the stuff and he tried not to begrudge him. "Well the offer stands, just leave me something. As well, this would be a good time, if you want and think you are done with that?" he asked, nodding at the tanks.

"We should take his head, before my teacher's spell ends. My uncle do not hunt wercreatures as such but when someone have been a hunter as long as him...well he do accumulate some knowledge and for most being really, the way to make sure is to take their head." Rosario said grimly

"That's probably a good idea," he agreed.

Udella seamed done with her banishing work, and that presence you had felt was not there anymore, what was left now was the general feeling of disgust and unease of being in a Labyrinth. James was in a horrible condition he had ten cuts, to the bone down his back and was loosing allot of blood and he was whimpering in pain on the floor. Loretta still meditated and did not seam to notice that she was injured, but the claws she had been hit with was not deep, she would probably be fine if the wounds did not get infected. Cara looked at you she held her wounded shoulder and nodded.
"Yeah I think so Sodales, it did not hit any of the imprints, and my arm works fine, I think I just need to have the claw pulled out and be patched up. I can continue, I am sure thankful for getting that tetanus shot earlier though."

He looked concerned about James, the spirit had gotten him badly he hoped that he was going to be able to be healed. He nodded at Cara. "I'm glad it's not more serious."

"The other one are not hostile as such but will attack us again, she is powerful, and she is desperate to recover her child, I think the only one to get her off our back is to convince her we can get her child back for her, but she is not easily swayed."

"Ah, is it the umbrood lord of the garbage dump? The one that has its children bound to a ring that Abigail has as collateral." He frowned. "I would like to try to help her if we have the chance, I hope we don't have to fight her."

"We can assume that at least someone here is linked to that massacre and it do worry me, as that...horrible event is so out of place for the Nephandi. The Fallen prefer to hide in the shadows and corrupt, it is very rare for them to go on a war path like this, so I was concerned five years ago when they openly attacked a Chantry, something is not adding up here young man." Udella said and sigh.

"I don't like it," he said, frowning. Five years at least, perhaps more they'd been working on this.

"Good, that might be a wise idea...do that and in the meantime I will take his head, that should make sure he is not getting back up once our Cultist friend's rote ends." Crexia said, she muttered a few words in Greek and a sword of elegantly shaped Primal energies appeared in her hands, a European short sword, and the old Tytalus looked like she was used to hold one as well. "If you would not mind watching my back while I make sure our foe is dead Sodalis."

"Yes ma'am," he said. He watched as she crafted a fine sword out of energy itself and looked impressed and curious, filing that away for later to try when he could. He knew a different rote to make a weapon that he could try now but hers was spun out of only prime and it looked quite well made. He began to work on increasing the strength of his rote so the bear would not be able to move at all.

Loretta looked down and saw the claws jutting out of her torso and her eyes widened.
"Oh my!"
She muttered and she looked like she might fall and hit the floor. Rosario was to far away, focused on helping James so she would not be able to reach her.
Crexia waited until the last of your make shift trap was gone, then she stepped over to the werbear and swung her Prime sword twice at his neck, about that time Loretta woke up from her trance and gasped, and then every bit of damage happened to the poor shapeshifter at once

The power of combined rotes on the bear was devastating and it was now beheaded to boot. That it took two strokes from Crexia's sword said something about how huge the thing was, for the sword was made of prime! Then he heard Loretta call out. "Amicus, can you help her?" he asked Colin if he was closer to Loretta, as he dropped his hands from spellcasting to see if he could help.

// Alright, so the Arete 2,4,4 nuffin! And if necessary/there was time, he'd try again -
I'm not sure where everyone is in the hall but I was assuming Loretta was on the other side-ish

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:05 pm

He gave him a shrug, trying not to seem miffed that Colin would rather take -anything- from the tainted Labyrinth they were in than his offer of his own quintessence, but the man could use the stuff and he tried not to begrudge him. "Well the offer stands, just leave me something. As well, this would be a good time, if you want and think you are done with that?" he asked, nodding at the tanks.
Colin smiled, "It's not that I don't appreciate the offer of good Quintessence, nor that I don't want it - but you're as likely to need it as I am, and I can make do with what I find. I'd rather have us both at as full capacity as possible..."

"Well I do know some of the members of the Detroit Chantry was taken, most was killed, but some where kidnapped and never seen again, though I do not have a list of exactly who in my head at the moment."
Udella said and sigh.
"It would seam it was something the Fallen wanted at that Chantry, something or someone needed for their plans..."
"I don't like it," he said, frowning. Five years at least, perhaps more they'd been working on this.
He nodded, "All things considered - I'd be very much surprised if they'd been preparing for much less than a century... The amount by which we've caught up in a span of mere days is outright impressive, worthy of an epic novel. Or at least a summer blockbuster."

Crexia waited until the last of your make shift trap was gone, then she stepped over to the werbear and swung her Prime sword twice at his neck, about that time Loretta woke up from her trance and gasped, and then every bit of damage happened to the poor shapeshifter at once, he was crushed, shot, impaled, beheaded and thorn to bits, at in an instance as time started to go normally for him again, it might be a mercy for the werbear that it was all to much, and all at once, he probably did not feel any of it, but it certainly was a horrible display before your eyes as the creature was crushed and beheaded, all in the blink of an eye, pieces of flesh and blood flying everywhere, the bits of eye that long had been suspended in the air finally hitting a wall. Crexia managed to quickly cast a kinetic shield just as the Cultist's magick ended which protected from most of the splatter but that did not make it any less horrific and several of the party looked a little green, Leon who was sitting by his brother's side turned away and dry heaved, there was nothing left in his stomach to come up.
"I think I am going to be sick..."
Cara muttered and she looked rather unsteady on her feet. Olamide turned away from the display of gore and grunted in disgust.
"At least he is not getting back up."
She commented.

"Oh my!"
The power of combined rotes on the bear was devastating and it was now beheaded to boot. That it took two strokes from Crexia's sword said something about how huge the thing was, for the sword was made of prime! Then he heard Loretta call out. "Amicus, can you help her?" he asked Colin if he was closer to Loretta, as he dropped his hands from spellcasting to see if he could help.
He was already pocketing his pistol as the werebear went kablooie, and moving to Loretta's side when she came to, steadying her on his shoulder, "On it, Battle-brother. Ma'am, please stay calm, you've been struck by a few werebear claws, and they're lodged in the wounds for now... best not move too much, so they don't shift. There's one worse injured right now, but you're next in line."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:19 pm

He looked concerned about James, the spirit had gotten him badly he hoped that he was going to be able to be healed. He nodded at Cara. "I'm glad it's not more serious."

"Thank you Sodalis...though it seams others where not as lucky as I"
Cara said and glanced over at James on the floor and Loretta, the young Criamon looked quite concerned. You see that Rosario had begun to work on the Fortunae's wounds, he did not bleed as much now, but knitting the wounds together was slow going, often the wounds spirits and other supernatural creatures cause where hard to heal and the Cultist was struggling with it, but James where slowly getting better.

"Ah, is it the umbrood lord of the garbage dump? The one that has its children bound to a ring that Abigail has as collateral." He frowned. "I would like to try to help her if we have the chance, I hope we don't have to fight her."

"Yes that would be the one, and no I do hope we do not have to fight that spirit, an Umbrood Lord is not to be trifled with."
Udella said and frowned.
"If we can free her children that would be the best solution, this entity do not wish us any harm, she only want to protect her young, but she is also willing to do whatever it takes to protect the lesser Umbrood she sees as her children, it will be an problem is we run into her again and we can not convince her we can help her."

"No...I do not like it either...hopefully if we are able to take prisoners, through that should be when we are about done here as dragging a mage kicking and screaming along with us will be impractical, then perhaps we can learn some more about their plans."
Udella said and frowned.

"Yes ma'am," he said. He watched as she crafted a fine sword out of energy itself and looked impressed and curious, filing that away for later to try when he could. He knew a different rote to make a weapon that he could try now but hers was spun out of only prime and it looked quite well made. He began to work on increasing the strength of his rote so the bear would not be able to move at all.

"Thank you Sodalis."
Crexia said before she went to separate the werbear from his head. You begin to work on your rote to hold the creature but your magick sort of dissolve, that happened sometimes when you went through all the steps for magick, but you did not manage to really force your will into it, and the intent and rote work simply dissolved, it did not seam like your spell would be needed though for as Loretta's rote ended it became clear that werbear was not ever going to move again as he was now just some crushed bits of mangled flesh.

Then he heard Loretta call out. "Amicus, can you help her?" he asked Colin if he was closer to Loretta, as he dropped his hands from spellcasting to see if he could help.

Colin was closer to the Cultist than you. Loretta was almost all the way over by the portal to the sewers while you where close to where the werbear had died.

He nodded, "All things considered - I'd be very much surprised if they'd been preparing for much less than a century... The amount by which we've caught up in a span of mere days is outright impressive, worthy of an epic novel. Or at least a summer blockbuster."

"They have been busy bastards."
Udella agreed.
"What I worry about however is how much more is hidden behind the curtains that we have not seen yet, yes it might have been fluke that we got to become aware of their activities, but even so it somehow feel to easy to stop them...for the amount of planning that have gone into this. Yes Jake...we lost jake, there have been losses but even so we are...doing well...I can not help but feel there is something else...horrible waiting just around the corner."
The Quesitor muttered and she looked sad when she mentioned her dead friend.

He was already pocketing his pistol as the werebear went kablooie, and moving to Loretta's side when she came to, steadying her on his shoulder, "On it, Battle-brother. Ma'am, please stay calm, you've been struck by a few werebear claws, and they're lodged in the wounds for now... best not move too much, so they don't shift. There's one worse injured right now, but you're next in line."

Loretta was not heavy to support, even if she was tall, she was quite slender and she nodded, she looked confused rather that scarred right now.
"Yes...okey...ouch...who is hurt? Is Rossy Ok?"
She muttered, her speech a little slurred as she was coming out of her trance.
"D...did we win?"
She asked and glanced at you.

(OOC: No that spell did not work, Adley tried to change reality and reality said no. Adley, Crexia and Olamide are near the ridiculously dead werbear, James, Leon and Loretta are in the middle of the corridor towards the left wall. Udella is in the middle of the corridor, Loretta and now Colin is towards the back of it together with Cara and Nancy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:54 pm

"Yes that would be the one, and no I do hope we do not have to fight that spirit, an Umbrood Lord is not to be trifled with."
Udella said and frowned.
"If we can free her children that would be the best solution, this entity do not wish us any harm, she only want to protect her young, but she is also willing to do whatever it takes to protect the lesser Umbrood she sees as her children, it will be an problem is we run into her again and we can not convince her we can help her."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Would it help to point out that we were able to help the nameless, broken spirit, and how? I'm not inclined to try the same maneuver again, but it might speak to our advantage that we managed to help rather than harm it further."

"They have been busy bastards."
Udella agreed.
"What I worry about however is how much more is hidden behind the curtains that we have not seen yet, yes it might have been fluke that we got to become aware of their activities, but even so it somehow feel to easy to stop them...for the amount of planning that have gone into this. Yes Jake...we lost jake, there have been losses but even so we are...doing well...I can not help but feel there is something else...horrible waiting just around the corner."
The Quesitor muttered and she looked sad when she mentioned her dead friend.
He nodded, "I think perhaps they got a bit too confident near the end - almost all their dominoes are stacked up and ready to be tipped, and we lucked out and started tipping them the other way. But yes, there is something more going on that we've not yet fully grasped... They tried to blow up the Boston Umbral Port with a Ball of Abysmal Flame - and that was most likely a long-term plan, carefully timed; I don't think that sort of spell is something they just have lying around in case they might find use for it. And they are trying to capture Chronomancers, as well; I'm sure you heard the Fallen cry out something about that. And they were looking for something specific at the former Mercere Chantry, which is even more troubling as it suggests an informant in a priveleged position... But most likely explanation, I think, is that they grew overconfident for having stayed under the radar for so long. We're still going to have to expect traps, of course. And there's always the horror of horrors, the Caul at the center of the Labyrinth..."
He glanced over at Rosario and Loretta, and then at Crexia, "And we will have to make damn sure they don't capture our Chronomancers."

Loretta was not heavy to support, even if she was tall, she was quite slender and she nodded, she looked confused rather that scarred right now.
"Yes...okey...ouch...who is hurt? Is Rossy Ok?"
She muttered, her speech a little slurred as she was coming out of her trance.
"D...did we win?"
She asked and glanced at you.
He nodded, "She's fine, it was one of the brothers who got cut up a bit by a Spirit... She's tending his wounds now, and I managed to befriend the Spirit, though, and give it something else to do than to try to kill intruders. We won; no more fatalities on our side yet, and we managed to take down two werebears as well. Those things are ridiculously sturdy... Well, they were, at any rate."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:51 am

Tane watched and nodded. That was all they could offer, sadly. Tane Sat in seiza by Tobias bed and handed him a leather belt he had. Bite on this, if it gets tough. Yelling and cursing helps with pain. He said and then took him by the wrists, firmly but without hurting him. His other arm around his legs so he couldn't kick. Better this than tying you up. YOu'd hurt yourself in vain.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:31 am

Colin:

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Would it help to point out that we were able to help the nameless, broken spirit, and how? I'm not inclined to try the same maneuver again, but it might speak to our advantage that we managed to help rather than harm it further."

"It might help to tell her that, I do not know, at least it might show her that we mean well as you say."
Udella said and nodded.
"She is very concerned for the safety of her young though, so she might not care if she do not believe we can actually save them and her only choice to keep them safe are to listen to the Nephandi of this Labyrinth...we are going to have to see when she comes for us again...and she will do that, eventually."

He nodded, "I think perhaps they got a bit too confident near the end - almost all their dominoes are stacked up and ready to be tipped, and we lucked out and started tipping them the other way. But yes, there is something more going on that we've not yet fully grasped...

"Yes it might be over confidence indeed and that have allowed us to stop some of their plans, but there is something else there and that worry me."
The old Quesitor muttered.

They tried to blow up the Boston Umbral Port with a Ball of Abysmal Flame - and that was most likely a long-term plan, carefully timed; I don't think that sort of spell is something they just have lying around in case they might find use for it.

"Well any Hermetic Master of Forces can perform that spell, I can create a Ball of Abysmal Flame if I so desire. As for why they tried to use it on the Umbral port, now that is hard to say, my guess would be to stop us from being able to as easily send in help from Horizon, single mages could come in through the Umbra off course but it is so much easier and efficient to sent a transport ship."

And they are trying to capture Chronomancers, as well; I'm sure you heard the Fallen cry out something about that. And they were looking for something specific at the former Mercere Chantry, which is even more troubling as it suggests an informant in a priveleged position... But most likely explanation, I think, is that they grew overconfident for having stayed under the radar for so long. We're still going to have to expect traps, of course. And there's always the horror of horrors, the Caul at the center of the Labyrinth..."

"Yes I have heard they are looking for Chronomancers and that is most worrying, and what happened at the Mercere Chantry do indicate they have an informant indeed."
Udella said and frowned.
"Yes traps are almost certain and there is the Caul to deal with...even so...I have this feeling something worse is coming our way, though I can not put my finger on it..."

He glanced over at Rosario and Loretta, and then at Crexia, "And we will have to make damn sure they don't capture our Chronomancers."

"Yes...on our lives...and their we have to make sure the Nephandi do not capture them."
The Enforcer said and glanced over at Crexia and the Cultists.
"We will make sure that do not happen."

He nodded, "She's fine, it was one of the brothers who got cut up a bit by a Spirit... She's tending his wounds now, and I managed to befriend the Spirit, though, and give it something else to do than to try to kill intruders. We won; no more fatalities on our side yet, and we managed to take down two werebears as well.

"That is good...well not that one of the brothers got hurt but that we won...and no one died."
Loretta said and winced a bit.
"Hum...you befriended that spirit? You are a resourceful man Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist muttered.
"So far, so good eh?"

Those things are ridiculously sturdy... Well, they were, at any rate."

"Well they say a Celestine created them...I do not know if that is true but if so, clearly she made them to last."
The Cultist said and grinned slightly, then she winced again.
"Ouch..."
Rosario finally stood from where she had been tending to James, you can see that his back have angry red and pink welts but his skin was knitted together. Leon helped his brother up and gave him some water from his pack. James looked rather pale and his back probably still hurt but his life was no longer in danger, he would be fine.

Rosario moved over to you and Loretta, she movements where strange and sluggish she was still in a trance, before the two of you she begun to dance, it was beautiful and elegant with precise, flowing movements. Loretta's flesh begun to press the claws out as it knitted itself together behind them, or tried to, again it seamed to be difficult work to get right. Loretta groaned and her slender hand clenched a bit on your arm but she did not move.

Tane:

Tane watched and nodded. That was all they could offer, sadly. Tane Sat in seiza by Tobias bed and handed him a leather belt he had. Bite on this, if it gets tough. Yelling and cursing helps with pain.

"O...ok..."
The boy muttered he looked rather scared, but he put a piece of the belt in his mouth and bit down on it, he closed his eyes and shivered a bit.

He said and then took him by the wrists, firmly but without hurting him. His other arm around his legs so he couldn't kick. Better this than tying you up. YOu'd hurt yourself in vain.

Tobias nodded his consent. When you held him you could fully feel how frail he was now, he felt like a wounded bird in your grip. Cita looked up from her computer.
"Keep an eye on his Avatar for me if you can Mr Karyak, tell me if her condition worsen."
She instructed then she started typing, quickly, almost furiously on her keyboard, you could feel power flower from her, she might now look like a Master of the Art with her blue streaked hair and the face of a girl not yet in her mid twenties but she sure felt like it. Tobias started twisting slightly in your grip and moaning but he did not fight, at least not yet but it was clear that he was in some pain. Cita looked completely focused on what she was doing though and continued to type on her computer undisturbed by the young Orphan's groans.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 am

Colin smiled, "It's not that I don't appreciate the offer of good Quintessence, nor that I don't want it - but you're as likely to need it as I am, and I can make do with what I find. I'd rather have us both at as full capacity as possible..."

"You're quite right, of course," he said with a nod to him. "And pragmatic."

"Thank you Sodalis...though it seams others where not as lucky as I," Cara said and glanced over at James on the floor and Loretta...

He gave her a slight nod of acknowledgement; he too hoped that they would be healed but they were still standing.

"Yes that would be the one, and no I do hope we do not have to fight that spirit, an Umbrood Lord is not to be trifled with." Udella said and frowned. "If we can free her children that would be the best solution, this entity do not wish us any harm, she only want to protect her young, but she is also willing to do whatever it takes to protect the lesser Umbrood she sees as her children, it will be an problem is we run into her again and we can not convince her we can help her."

"I see. Well, for now she is...not within speaking range I take it? The problem of course is that to even get the chance to do such a thing we will need to have advanced in here without her attacking us..."

"It might, I do hope we get a chance to speak with it before it attacks," he agreed.

"They have been busy bastards." Udella agreed. "What I worry about however is how much more is hidden behind the curtains that we have not seen yet, yes it might have been fluke that we got to become aware of their activities, but even so it somehow feel to easy to stop them...for the amount of planning that have gone into this. Yes Jake...we lost Jake, there have been losses but even so we are...doing well...I can not help but feel there is something else...horrible waiting just around the corner."

"True. And disturbing as that might be we can only progress for now," he shook his head. The he tilted his head at Udella. "I don't suppose you have any more of an intuition of just what type of horror?" he said, seeming to take the older mage's comment at face value.

"Yes I have heard they are looking for Chronomancers and that is most worrying, and what happened at the Mercere Chantry do indicate they have an informant indeed." Udella said and frowned. "Yes traps are almost certain and there is the Caul to deal with...even so...I have this feeling something worse is coming our way, though I can not put my finger on it..."

"My take that this has all been to slow us down, while they are preparing something for us," he said with a scowl.

"Thank you Sodalis." Crexia said before she went to separate the werbear from his head. You begin to work on your rote to hold the creature but your magick sort of dissolve...it did not seam like your spell would be needed though for as Loretta's rote ended

He looked a bit annoyed as the spell just...fizzled on him but at least it did not seem to be a problem. The werebear appeared to be dead by several directions, which was a relief. Durable as it had been, there had been a small part of him had been ready for it to pick whatever was left of itself up again, headless!

"Thank you," he replied. He kept an eye over the others while they were being healed and waited for Crexia to return to the group so they could try to get ready for whatever it was that Udella had sensed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:06 am

"I see. Well, for now she is...not within speaking range I take it? The problem of course is that to even get the chance to do such a thing we will need to have advanced in here without her attacking us..."

"She is not, I have banished her. I can summon her back, but I do not really recommend it, for now she will have to go through the spiritual laws that will allow her to come back to attack us, which will take some time. I do hope we can reason with her when she comes back though..."
Udella said and frowned.
"We are going to have to see how far we have advanced into the Labyrinth by then."

"It might, I do hope we get a chance to speak with it before it attacks," he agreed.

The old Quesitor nodded at that.

"True. And disturbing as that might be we can only progress for now," he shook his head. The he tilted his head at Udella. "I don't suppose you have any more of an intuition of just what type of horror?" he said, seeming to take the older mage's comment at face value.

"No...I do not know what...but there is this growing unease in me, I can feel it in my bones."
Udella said and shook her head.
"I can not tell you what or how but I can tell you that when I get these feelings they are seldom wrong."
The Enforcer said as she regarded you for a moment, she did indeed seam to be uneasy.

"My take that this has all been to slow us down, while they are preparing something for us," he said with a scowl.

"I agree Sodalis, they have been sacrificing these men and women to slow us down with little regard for the safety of their own people, the question is what they have prepared for us, to make it worth it, this off course mean we should not dally to long here, that will be playing right into their hands."
The Enforcer said and nodded in agreement.

"Thank you," he replied. He kept an eye over the others while they were being healed and waited for Crexia to return to the group so they could try to get ready for whatever it was that Udella had sensed.

Crexia returned and dismissed her Primal blade.
"How are the wounded? How quickly can we press on?"
The archmage asked.
"I can walk...I can continue, but I do not know about Lo...ehm Mrs D..."
James said he took another sip of water and handed the bottle back to his brother who put it away.
"I will be fine..."
Loretta groaned. The claws had left her torso now, they had been pushed out by her own closing flesh as her apprentice danced. Cara smiled a little, she seamed to have been taken care of, she wasa little careful with her wounded shoulder but the wound was closed.
"I am fine."
She said. Crexia nodded.
"Good...we need to press on an soon I think...there is...something in the air...something I can not put my finger on."
She said and she and Udella exchanged a glanced and the Enforcer nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:32 am

"You're quite right, of course," he said with a nod to him. "And pragmatic."
Colin smiled, "I look forward to spending some time in a Node, though, and just bathe in good, pure Quintessence..."

"It might help to tell her that, I do not know, at least it might show her that we mean well as you say."
Udella said and nodded.
"She is very concerned for the safety of her young though, so she might not care if she do not believe we can actually save them and her only choice to keep them safe are to listen to the Nephandi of this Labyrinth...we are going to have to see when she comes for us again...and she will do that, eventually."
He nodded, "If we meet her, we'll have to see... If we find Abigail first, we'll do what we can to save the spirit's offspring."

"Yes it might be over confidence indeed and that have allowed us to stop some of their plans, but there is something else there and that worry me."
The old Quesitor muttered.
He sighed, "Well, their endgame is in Boston, it seems - that's where we'll be striking next, but we need to cut off the supply line from Chicago first... And hopefully gain a little more intel here in the process."

"Well any Hermetic Master of Forces can perform that spell, I can create a Ball of Abysmal Flame if I so desire. As for why they tried to use it on the Umbral port, now that is hard to say, my guess would be to stop us from being able to as easily send in help from Horizon, single mages could come in through the Umbra off course but it is so much easier and efficient to sent a transport ship."
He smiled wryly, "I think you misunderstand me, Milady - I was not referring to how hard that spell is to cast, but how long they take to charge up and how reckless it would be to just keep them around just in case they might need one. And yes, cutting off our reinforcements would be a big part of the reason for blowing up the Umbral Port. That, and likely the death and suffering of the Sleepers in the airport and surrounding area - the blast would have been huge, I understand... a big, dirty bomb."

"Yes I have heard they are looking for Chronomancers and that is most worrying, and what happened at the Mercere Chantry do indicate they have an informant indeed."
Udella said and frowned.
"Yes traps are almost certain and there is the Caul to deal with...even so...I have this feeling something worse is coming our way, though I can not put my finger on it..."
He grimaced, "We know they're trying to bring in an Aswadim in Boston... and bind it to their will. Not sure how that's supposed to work, but Larson is crazy enough to try, it seems..."

"No...I do not know what...but there is this growing unease in me, I can feel it in my bones."
Udella said and shook her head.
"I can not tell you what or how but I can tell you that when I get these feelings they are seldom wrong."
The Enforcer said as she regarded you for a moment, she did indeed seam to be uneasy.
He frowned, "I just realized something... the Fallen woman, when she saw us... she said she thought the red-haried woman was the Chronomancer. Singular, specific... That could imply they knew we had one with us, possibly before my blast surged through the passage. Perhaps from the little temporal manipulation of the aggressive ward?"

"Yes...on our lives...and their we have to make sure the Nephandi do not capture them."
The Enforcer said and glanced over at Crexia and the Cultists.
"We will make sure that do not happen."
He just nodded.

"That is good...well not that one of the brothers got hurt but that we won...and no one died."
Loretta said and winced a bit.
"Hum...you befriended that spirit? You are a resourceful man Mr Wainwright."
The Cultist muttered.
"So far, so good eh?"
He grinned and pointed to where Engrave was working, "I try to be practical - and I recognized something in the spirit. It's set to write history on the wall over there - a memorial for the Mage that previously befriended it. So far, so good, indeed."

"Well they say a Celestine created them...I do not know if that is true but if so, clearly she made them to last."
The Cultist said and grinned slightly, then she winced again.
"Ouch..."
Rosario finally stood from where she had been tending to James, you can see that his back have angry red and pink welts but his skin was knitted together. Leon helped his brother up and gave him some water from his pack. James looked rather pale and his back probably still hurt but his life was no longer in danger, he would be fine.
He gave James a nod, "Are you fit for fight, or do you need to recuperate?"

Rosario moved over to you and Loretta, she movements where strange and sluggish she was still in a trance, before the two of you she begun to dance, it was beautiful and elegant with precise, flowing movements. Loretta's flesh begun to press the claws out as it knitted itself together behind them, or tried to, again it seamed to be difficult work to get right. Loretta groaned and her slender hand clenched a bit on your arm but she did not move.
Once the claws started moving, he carefully reached over to gently pull them out - it might not be wise to remove them before healing started, but once the flesh was mending, it seemed better to remove the claws manually than to have the healing work twice as hard to force the foreign objects out. "Pardon me, Ma'am... this will sting a bit."
He frowned slightly, "Actually, I think I'll want to keep these, for research, and possibly to see if they could make good talisman materials - the weapons of a fallen foe might prove valuable, as such..."

Crexia returned and dismissed her Primal blade.
"How are the wounded? How quickly can we press on?"
The archmage asked.
"I can walk...I can continue, but I do not know about Lo...ehm Mrs D..."
James said he took another sip of water and handed the bottle back to his brother who put it away.
"I will be fine..."
Loretta groaned. The claws had left her torso now, they had been pushed out by her own closing flesh as her apprentice danced. Cara smiled a little, she seamed to have been taken care of, she wasa little careful with her wounded shoulder but the wound was closed.
"I am fine."
She said. Crexia nodded.
"Good...we need to press on an soon I think...there is...something in the air...something I can not put my finger on."
She said and she and Udella exchanged a glanced and the Enforcer nodded.
He nodded, "I'll trust your instincts, Miladies - you've got the most experience of the lot of us."

((OOC: Dex+Medicine - which means Dex in Colin's case - to try to extricate those claws with as little pain and bleeding as possible: 8,0,0. Goodie. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:18 am

Colin smiled, "I look forward to spending some time in a Node, though, and just bathe in good, pure Quintessence..."

You had the feeling deep inside of your soul that Mia had exactly the same desire.

He nodded, "If we meet her, we'll have to see... If we find Abigail first, we'll do what we can to save the spirit's offspring."

"Agreed, if we can find the spirit's offspring her entire reason for helping the Nephandi will be gone and my guess is that she will take her children and go back to her home, though she might be persuaded into helping us, if we meet her before we have freed the lesser spirits though we are going to have to try to convince her that we can help her, perhaps the she will leave us alone...this is not a bad spirit young man, she is just protecting her young..."
Udella said and nodded.

He sighed, "Well, their endgame is in Boston, it seems - that's where we'll be striking next, but we need to cut off the supply line from Chicago first... And hopefully gain a little more intel here in the process."

"Agreed, for now we need to stop this Labyrinth, then we go after this Lisa Larson I have been told are leading this mess...information would be nice though..."
The Enforcer said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "I think you misunderstand me, Milady - I was not referring to how hard that spell is to cast, but how long they take to charge up and how reckless it would be to just keep them around just in case they might need one.

"Ah yes...absolutely, one do not cast a Ball of Abysmal flame without a very good reason, it is a hard spell to control, no the Nephandi had some in their eyes, good reason for their actions."

And yes, cutting off our reinforcements would be a big part of the reason for blowing up the Umbral Port. That, and likely the death and suffering of the Sleepers in the airport and surrounding area - the blast would have been huge, I understand... a big, dirty bomb."

"A Ball can take out several quarters, sometimes an entire city, and yes that kind of mass death and suffering, it would disturb the local laylines, not to mention cause allot of Entropic energy to flare up, there would be quite a bit of...ehm...residue from that the Nephandi could use...and I fear they might be cruel enough to take that many lives to attain their goals."
The Enforcer frowned.

He grimaced, "We know they're trying to bring in an Aswadim in Boston... and bind it to their will. Not sure how that's supposed to work, but Larson is crazy enough to try, it seems..."

"An Aswadim...but that is an Oracle...a Qliphothic Oracle, how could someone even hope to control something like that?"
Udella said her eyes growing large and she muttered something soft under her breath in Italian, words her mother would be shocked that a lady of noble blood knew, it was still far sweeter and softer swearing that the lines Jeffry Morgan might let loose when he felt like it though.
"Ah...ehm forgive the language young man."
She muttered apologetically.

He frowned, "I just realized something... the Fallen woman, when she saw us... she said she thought the red-haried woman was the Chronomancer. Singular, specific... That could imply they knew we had one with us, possibly before my blast surged through the passage. Perhaps from the little temporal manipulation of the aggressive ward?"

"It could be indeed, then again magick to manipulate time was used just as we entered this Labyrinth and they would have felt that, it might just have been guessing on their end...that they know we have someone skilled with Chronomancy with us though, that worry me...though hopefully then they do not know about you or..."
The Enforcer looked in the direction of Crexia, not wanting to say anything directly in case there where ears listening.
"We are going to have to make sure the Cultists are not taken...and anyone else the Fallen might want as well, whatever they want we do not want them to have it."

He grinned and pointed to where Engrave was working, "I try to be practical - and I recognized something in the spirit. It's set to write history on the wall over there - a memorial for the Mage that previously befriended it. So far, so good, indeed."

Loretta glanced in the direction of Engrave's wall, more letters and words had appeared now and there was a constant slight scraping sound.
"Busy little fucker...but yes that do seam the practical solution."
The Cultist muttered. Engrave was indeed busy and that seamed to make him happy.

He gave James a nod, "Are you fit for fight, or do you need to recuperate?"

"Yeah I should be fine Mr W...it stings like hell but I can move and cast magick."
James said with a wry grin, carefully avoiding saying your name.

Once the claws started moving, he carefully reached over to gently pull them out - it might not be wise to remove them before healing started, but once the flesh was mending, it seemed better to remove the claws manually than to have the healing work twice as hard to force the foreign objects out. "Pardon me, Ma'am... this will sting a bit."

You carefully pull the claws out. Loretta whimpered and she turned very pale but she did not move or pull away and you got the claws out safely as her wounds where slowly knitting back together.
"Thank you."
The Cultist muttered between clenched teeth. Rosario's magick did it's work, and the older Cultist's flesh sealed up though it was still red and swollen. Rosario stopped dancing and put her hands on her knees and breathed heavily and not from her dancing but more from the magick work.
"That is as...good as I can get it...I think..."
She muttered as she slowly woke up from her trance. Leon handed her the bottle of water he had given his brother earlier and she accepted it and took a good swing of if before handing it to her Mentor who took a sip of water before handing the bottle back.
"It will be enough child, thank you. It seams your Cabalmate taught you well when it comes to healing, not that I understand how she did it since your and her Paradigm have nothing in common."
Loretta said.
"I am ready to keep moving."
She announced as she tried to adjust her blouse and jacket and looking displeased at the bloody holes in it, then she remembered you and gestured to the water bottle she had handed back to Leon.
"Did you need any water?"
She asked.

He frowned slightly, "Actually, I think I'll want to keep these, for research, and possibly to see if they could make good talisman materials - the weapons of a fallen foe might prove valuable, as such..."

"I would check them for corruption before taking them but yes there might be something of use in them. I would be careful with letting other shapechangers see you have the claws of one of them though, they might get the wrong idea and cause trouble."
Loretta said, she sounded a bit skeptical.

He nodded, "I'll trust your instincts, Miladies - you've got the most experience of the lot of us."

Crexia nodded.
"Very well, if everyone is alright to move we should get moving before anything else happens...same formation as earlier please."
She said and she begun moving past the very dead werbear and she headed towards the door towards the living quarters.

James glanced over at Adley.
"Sodalis might I ask a favor. I fear Ignem have never been my specialty...could you help me burn my blood off the floor before we leave I would not want to leave it on the floor of a Labyrinth..."
The Fortunae asked softly, he was clearly still in pain but seamed to be ok to move.
"The claws that hit any of us should also be either brought along or destroyed since they have gotten blood on them, we do not want to leave arcane connections behind."
He said with an apologetic smile.
"I am sorry to bother you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:14 pm

"She is not, I have banished her. I can summon her back, but I do not really recommend it, for now she will have to go through the spiritual laws that will allow her to come back to attack us, which will take some time. I do hope we can reason with her when she comes back though..." Udella said and frowned. "We are going to have to see how far we have advanced into the Labyrinth by then."

"I don't think inviting her back would be wise right now."

"The children are bound to a ring she wears. Recovering that would go a long way, if we can."

"Well, that mage is very dead," he said. "If we can mask temporal resonance though that might be helpful," he suggested.

"No...I do not know what...but there is this growing unease in me, I can feel it in my bones." Udella said and shook her head. "I can not tell you what or how but I can tell you that when I get these feelings they are seldom wrong."

Adley's frown deepened. It's not that he thought things were about to get easier, of course. But a distinct foreboding was nothing to discount. He looked at Colin. "Are you done with those tanks?" Then he looked over at Nancy. "What do you feel?" he asked her.

"I agree Sodalis, they have been sacrificing these men and women to slow us down with little regard for the safety of their own people, the question is what they have prepared for us, to make it worth it, this off course mean we should not dally to long here, that will be playing right into their hands."

"Agreed. Can you keep an eye out for trouble, ma'am while I try to top up my shields? I don't want to waste us any time."

"Pardon me, Ma'am... this will sting a bit." He frowned slightly, "Actually, I think I'll want to keep these, for research, and possibly to see if they could make good talisman materials - the weapons of a fallen foe might prove valuable, as such..."

"Not to quote your own words back at you, but be careful with such," he said.

Crexia nodded. "Very well, if everyone is alright to move we should get moving before anything else happens...same formation as earlier please." She said and she begun moving past the very dead werbear and she headed towards the door towards the living quarters.

"Sodalis might I ask a favor. I fear Ignem have never been my specialty...could you help me burn my blood off the floor before we leave I would not want to leave it on the floor of a Labyrinth..." The Fortunae asked softly, he was clearly still in pain but seamed to be ok to move."The claws that hit any of us should also be either brought along or destroyed since they have gotten blood on them, we do not want to leave arcane connections behind." He said with an apologetic smile.
"I am sorry to bother you."

"That is a good point, do not apologize, sodalis," he said to James, taking out his notebook to ball up wads of paper as he spoke. "Ma'am," he said to get Crexia's attention, "We should clean up after ourselves, anyone who can help me expedite that is appreciated. As well, amicus please let me see those claws you are keeping and any others you see." He began to scan around the area they had fought in for the claws that hit Cara, Loretta and James and for the blood to burn away and used the paper and his lighter to start a fire - perhaps not the most flashy way to begin Ignems but it was easier to use fire that was already present than create it. Then he used the fire and prime to destroy the arcane links that the blood contained, much as he did when he put items into the fireplace. As he worked, he remembered the little girl that was his sister's innocence, telling him to follow the fire. His was nothing compared to the conflagration the elder mages could make, not yet, but as the fire bloomed he directed its course with rego ignem and the words his pater had taught him, adding fuel as necessary.

// Alright, dumping in my rolls before I had out to where I won't have dice. If he has time to bump his shields (just let me know what's reasonable time-wise for rolls) while the others are busy (I'm not sure how much he took, but there were three claws that got repelled.): 8, 5, 3 / 5,5,3 for the forces shield; 8,3,3 for the spirit one.
Then for the arcane links, including the claws (let me know if I should make a perception roll for spotting stuff but he has primescan on): 7, 6, 9; 1, 8, 6; 7, 9, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next