Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 13 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Wed May 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Rosario nodded she touched her left side.
"I took a Primium bullet to the gut once...that hurt...allot."
She muttered sadly.
"Then again I did not die and it only hurt...after a while when the shock had settled somewhat, at first I did not know what had happened, I just felt weak, until I looked down and saw blood."
The Cultist looked heartbroken and guilty.
"Mr Tidler gasped...I saw that, it took a little while for him to die...I...just fear he felt pain, or was afraid."
She muttered then she touched the back of her head under all of that dark hair.
"The brain stem...do you...ehm think from there? That must be worse than pain if you...are alive but are not you...even if it is just for a little while."
She said and shed more tears.
Colin nodded, "I don't think you think with any one specific part of the brain... but the brainstem is basically where the link to the rest of the body is. It's effectively the same as decapitation, I believe, except for the actual severing of the neck."

"Yeah they are actually, the former pope was a member actually, your know Palpatine...anyway that could work, part of what makes the Society of Leopold so dangerous are how much resources they have for weapons and equipment and all of that, if we could take that away...then they would be far easier to deal with."
The Cultist agreed and nodded.
"But getting in their way would be very dangerous."
He nodded, "It calls for plans within plans within plans..."

"Hum...that might work, someone who are to angry to think are bound to make mistakes, this go from the lowest apprentice to the most powerful archmage...and a mistake now that we can exploit."
Udella said and nodded.
He nodded, "And I know just how to piss her off... and hopefully cut off some of her senses at the same time."

The ghost looked at you with rage in her one good eye but she did listen, she did not just attack outright, at least there was that.
"His soul...like what I am?"
She asked confused.
"These Nephandi...or you would deny him an afterlife? Why...why would you be so cruel. Edmund is a good little boy, why would you harm him like that?"
He shook his head, "Not quite like you... You are a lingering memory, a single soul trapped in the world of the living. A Mage is a double soul; half human, half something... far greater. And I would not be so cruel, but the ones who rule over our kind... would. There's an injustice at the heart, but we might be able to change it by the time Edmund is reborn..."

"I do not understand? People are reborn? Those who are not bound by Fetters who do not become like me?"
The ghostly woman asked and shook her head.
"How is it possible to be reborn and how is it possible to stop someone from being reborn...you make no sense...no sense and you killed my little boy...you killed him...why?"
She demanded clearly not understanding.
"You are responsible...you are...how was Edmund your enemy...did he get mixed up in your politics...the politics of your magicians? Why did you not just let him go. I want my little boy to be remembered, but that do not bring him back, and it do not absolve your guilt, why should I not take my revenge on your for killing my little boy? He was scared, and you killed him, he could not defend himself...why should I not get my revenge?"
She demanded angrily.
He reached out with his free hand, and cupped Mrs. Tilder's chin lightly, "If only I could show you what I've been through, what my soul has suffered, what torment I remember... you would see that I held no desire to hurt your son; no wish to cause him pain... only to spare him the worst. As for revenge... what would be more satisfying; to kill me now, or to know that I'll remember Edmind's face every day of the rest of my life?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 13 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Colin nodded, "I don't think you think with any one specific part of the brain... but the brainstem is basically where the link to the rest of the body is. It's effectively the same as decapitation, I believe, except for the actual severing of the neck."

"That...well I guess that was quick and it would not have destroyed his mind before he died."
Rosario muttered.
"It is not a...bad way to go, but it still should not have happened."

He nodded, "It calls for plans within plans within plans..."

"Yes...it would not be easy but I guess...it could be doable...but it is a project for when the Nephandi are not trying to destroy the world as we know it."
The Cultist muttered then she looked puzzled.
"And where have I heard that phrase before?"
She asked absent minded.

He nodded, "And I know just how to piss her off... and hopefully cut off some of her senses at the same time."

"Good, we have a plan then young man...now all we have to do is find her...preferably before the good madame finds us."
Udella said and gave you a determined nod.

He shook his head, "Not quite like you... You are a lingering memory, a single soul trapped in the world of the living. A Mage is a double soul; half human, half something... far greater. And I would not be so cruel, but the ones who rule over our kind... would. There's an injustice at the heart, but we might be able to change it by the time Edmund is reborn..."

"You have two souls? Is that how you are a magician...how you can use Arcanos even if you are skin and flesh?"
The woman asked.
"But your rulers are not here you could let Edmund go...you should have let him go...when he is reborn will be be Edmund again? Will he be the same? Will he be my little boy?"
She asked desperately.

He reached out with his free hand, and cupped Mrs. Tilder's chin lightly, "If only I could show you what I've been through, what my soul has suffered, what torment I remember... you would see that I held no desire to hurt your son; no wish to cause him pain... only to spare him the worst.

To touch the ghost felt like touching slightly cold air, like a spiderweb you might walk into on a chilly autumn evening while out jogging, the woman looked at you with her one good eye.
"Even if you have suffered Sir...that do not mean you have the right to kill my son...he did nothing to you, he was scared and you killed him...you did...why did you do it...I do not understand, you say you have two souls and your leaders would stop him from reincarnating...I do not understand, how is murdering him sparing him...how, he was just my little boy...and you hurt him...give me my son back please...I just want my son back..."
She wept desperately.

As for revenge... what would be more satisfying; to kill me now, or to know that I'll remember Edmind's face every day of the rest of my life?"

Mrs Tilder looked into your eyes and sigh.
"I do not know you Sir...if it is like you say, that you think you saved Eddy from some horrible fate then perhaps yes it will be worse for you to live with remembering what you have done...but I do not understand your words...he could have run from your leaders and this second soul of yours...I do not understand it, what is it you think you have saved him from which would be worth taking his life? Answer me this and I will decide whatever or not I want to take yours."
She said angrily as she glared at you with a mournful look in her eye.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 pm

"That...well I guess that was quick and it would not have destroyed his mind before he died."
Rosario muttered.
"It is not a...bad way to go, but it still should not have happened."
Colin nodded, "It's... quick, fairly painless, but... no, I would rather they were allowed to pass on at the end of their years, surrounded by loved ones... I... don't expect that I will have such good fortune, either..."

"Yes...it would not be easy but I guess...it could be doable...but it is a project for when the Nephandi are not trying to destroy the world as we know it."
The Cultist muttered then she looked puzzled.
"And where have I heard that phrase before?"
She asked absent minded.
He chuckled, "It's from a novel... pretty popular. There was a movie and a TV series, too..."

"Good, we have a plan then young man...now all we have to do is find her...preferably before the good madame finds us."
Udella said and gave you a determined nod.
He grinned, "Actually, I was thinking of letting her find us... goad her into an area of our choosing rather than coming to her... I believe I know just the phrase to infuriate her. If she is so closely connected to the Labyrinth... she should be able to sense grafitti..."

"You have two souls? Is that how you are a magician...how you can use Arcanos even if you are skin and flesh?"
The woman asked.
"But your rulers are not here you could let Edmund go...you should have let him go...when he is reborn will be be Edmund again? Will he be the same? Will he be my little boy?"
She asked desperately.
He nodded, "Essentially... but our rulers would know... others would start the hunt; less merciful people... Your little boy would live in fear for the rest of his life, the prey of every faction. When he's reborn... who knows what his form will be? But his heart... should be the same."

To touch the ghost felt like touching slightly cold air, like a spiderweb you might walk into on a chilly autumn evening while out jogging, the woman looked at you with her one good eye.
"Even if you have suffered Sir...that do not mean you have the right to kill my son...he did nothing to you, he was scared and you killed him...you did...why did you do it...I do not understand, you say you have two souls and your leaders would stop him from reincarnating...I do not understand, how is murdering him sparing him...how, he was just my little boy...and you hurt him...give me my son back please...I just want my son back..."
She wept desperately.
He shook his head, "It's not that I have suffered... it's what I have suffered. What he... would have. I would not wish that on anyone..."

Mrs Tilder looked into your eyes and sigh.
"I do not know you Sir...if it is like you say, that you think you saved Eddy from some horrible fate then perhaps yes it will be worse for you to live with remembering what you have done...but I do not understand your words...he could have run from your leaders and this second soul of yours...I do not understand it, what is it you think you have saved him from which would be worth taking his life? Answer me this and I will decide whatever or not I want to take yours."
She said angrily as she glared at you with a mournful look in her eye.
He sighed, "He could run... but he could never stop to catch his breath... What would have been done to him is that his soul would have been... torn apart, shredded into so so tiny fragments that nobody alive could put it back together again... and Edmund would be a soulless husk, the life gone from his eyes... and unless the executor was merciful, left to waste away by himself. Now... I can at least try to do honourably by him... craft a a memento. A permanent reminder that he was brave to the very end. He was a soldier in a war neither of us asked for nor wanted, a war we were both drafted into... There will be a medal to his name; the least consolation for a grieving mother... It won't bring him back, but it will be proof he was, to the very end, the bravest son a mother could hope for..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 4:21 am

Colin nodded, "It's... quick, fairly painless, but... no, I would rather they were allowed to pass on at the end of their years, surrounded by loved ones... I... don't expect that I will have such good fortune, either..."

"Very few magi are as lucky as that and very few of us die peaceful deaths no matter what factions we are from, but yes I would have wished the same for those two and I...will never forgive myself for what we did, never."
Rosario muttered and she suppressed a sob, at least she did not seam so out of it now, she was sad and full of grief and regret but looked like she would be able to continue with the task at hand at least, though she would clearly have a hard time with this in the days, and months and years to come.

He chuckled, "It's from a novel... pretty popular. There was a movie and a TV series, too..."

"Ah yes I remember now, the one with the mutated goldfish in big jars foretelling the future and piloting spaceships."
The Cultist muttered.
"I have only seen the movie and the TV show."
She said and then she looked guilty.
"And that seam to frivolous to talk about after...after...murdering two helpless captives."

He grinned, "Actually, I was thinking of letting her find us... goad her into an area of our choosing rather than coming to her... I believe I know just the phrase to infuriate her. If she is so closely connected to the Labyrinth... she should be able to sense grafitti..."

Udella's eyes widened then she gave you a dark grin.
"Oh my, yes that would...infuriate her I think. So what we do then is find an area with...ehm...flesh walls and goad her to find us there? It will be dangerous though, especially for you, if your plan do not work the you have an very old, very powerful, Gilgul happy Nephandus who happen to be very angry with you personally and that might be a recipe for a bad day."
The old Enforcer said and she seamed a bit concerned for your well being.

He nodded, "Essentially... but our rulers would know... others would start the hunt; less merciful people... Your little boy would live in fear for the rest of his life, the prey of every faction. When he's reborn... who knows what his form will be? But his heart... should be the same."

"It is not good to live in fear, but it is better to live in fear than not to live at all."
The ghost hissed.
"And you never gave him to choice, do you think he would have chosen death if you had let him choose between that and living on the run?"
She asked angrily.
"He will come back...my little boy will come back? But will he not be hunted then as well."

He shook his head, "It's not that I have suffered... it's what I have suffered. What he... would have. I would not wish that on anyone..."

Mia was there in your mind suddenly looking at the woman through your eyes it was as if she wanted to say something, but she elected not to. The ghost woman raged at you.
"You never gave him a choice, you just killed him."

He sighed, "He could run... but he could never stop to catch his breath... What would have been done to him is that his soul would have been... torn apart, shredded into so so tiny fragments that nobody alive could put it back together again... and Edmund would be a soulless husk, the life gone from his eyes... and unless the executor was merciful, left to waste away by himself.

"That is horrible, but why would your group do this...are you all evil, do you do nothing but harm?"
The ghostly woman demanded.
"And my Edmund could have run...he could have."
She said angrily, not understanding, she had no idea what an Avatar meant to a mage.

Now... I can at least try to do honourably by him... craft a a memento. A permanent reminder that he was brave to the very end. He was a soldier in a war neither of us asked for nor wanted, a war we were both drafted into... There will be a medal to his name; the least consolation for a grieving mother... It won't bring him back, but it will be proof he was, to the very end, the bravest son a mother could hope for..."

The angry spirit regarded you for a moment, the anger never leaving her eye that burned with hate, finally she spoke again.
"Very well...I will leave for now, and you can craft this memento, my Eddy deserve as much, but then I will come for you...I will never let you have a moment's peace I will have my revenge and I will take from you your mind...your sanity, you will never be safe!"
She swore as she turned to leave.
"No matter where you go...I will find you!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 04, 2017 8:16 am

"What are Nephandi? Are those the human that for some reason have Arconoi?" She asked even more confused.

"Not quite, as the power stems from a different source, but not wholly dissimilar, if I am assuming right that Arconoi are abilities you use? Nephandi are a group that can use abilities, however they are defined from others that use abilities because their spirits have been changed and broken and as a whole they work towards the annihilation in one way or another, either personally or globally...or everything that exists, as is the case now."

"They are magicians...that is what they are right...and what you are? I have heard some of the others speak of magicians...who can see us and do things but...why would they steal Eddy...Eddy is such a good little boy, and if he have special abilities I would not get in the way of him learning to use them..."

"They took him so they could bring him up here, without your interference or care. What many Nephandi do is...well, not pleasant in their task of trying to destroy things many hurt others. They probably did not want you to interfere, or care for him."

"I...understand these magicians...these Nephandi are bad...they took my son...I hate them...I hate them!...but my Eddy would not do that...he would not so why did you kill him? I heard him scream...he was scared...he was scared of your group...he cried you hurt my son...you killed my son WHY?"

"He did become a Nephandi, when he got older. When they let him grow up here, it probably seemed normal to do...what is done to become one. He was scared because he was having a flashback to when they took him," he tried again to explain.

"My son was loving and kind..." She said as she took another step closer. "These Nephandi can not hurt me, I am already dead...I am dead...and now my son is dead and I did not want that...he should not be dead...why did you kill my son?

"They can destroy you. Your son did not want that, he said so. And he wanted you to be at peace, he knew...what was going to happen and he still wanted you to be at peace and not be destroyed by the Nephandi that are here."

She raged shadows swirled around her. "I can not be at peace when someone have harmed my son! Give me my son back...give me my son back NOW!"

Everything he said seemed only to anger her more, for she couldn't quite connect that her son had grown, and done...things, even if he had himself said so. And that he was dead, she was looking to blame someone and they were easier to understand when it came to fault. He was dead. They shot him. What she said reminded him of his seeking too, he knew he could not give back her son. He wouldn't have been able to even if they'd have been allowed to find him, he would have been a Nephandi and not the boy she knew. And she could not grasp what it was to be a mage, never mind being Fallen.

"You...you did it...you are all to blame but you did it...give me back my son...why did you kill my son...why?"
She screamed and suddenly she was right next to you, as if space did not really mattered to her and as she screamed at you everything grew dark around her as if the local penumbra was affected by her raw emotion. "Give me back my son NOW!"

The conversation that followed was tense. Adley tried not to interfere, but as the ghost's hostility waxed and waned and seemed to crescendo he found himself holding onto Colin's hand as if he were concerned the ghost would try to kill him right before his eyes. That fear too he tried to contain, but in the end the ghost's wrath seemed to win out: she let him live, so she might torment him later until her thirst for revenged was satisfied. The threat hung in the air between them as the ghost seemed ready to leave the room.

The angry spirit regarded you for a moment, the anger never leaving her eye that burned with hate, finally she spoke again. "Very well...I will leave for now, and you can craft this memento, my Eddy deserve as much, but then I will come for you...I will never let you have a moment's peace I will have my revenge and I will take from you your mind...your sanity, you will never be safe!" She swore as she turned to leave. "No matter where you go...I will find you!"

"Please...your son did not wish your life be consumed by revenge. His wishes were for you to escape this place and to find peace. Even knowing what was to come, that is what he wanted me to tell you," he implored, though he did not know if it would help at all. It seemed as if Colin had gained an enemy, damned if one did or did not, one they would have to find out how to deal with at some point later. And they could not let her have her way.

// that is one shit situation and incredibly angry ghost. It's fine I didn't need to sleep anyway, j/k xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 8:50 am

"Not quite, as the power stems from a different source, but not wholly dissimilar, if I am assuming right that Arconoi are abilities you use?

"They are...all who are like me can use Arconoi to a greater or a lesser degree."
The woman muttered.

Nephandi are a group that can use abilities, however they are defined from others that use abilities because their spirits have been changed and broken and as a whole they work towards the annihilation in one way or another, either personally or globally...or everything that exists, as is the case now."

That the wraith seamed to understand and she cocked her head to the side, which somehow made her wound look even more gruesome.
"They are like Specters...and they seek the Oblivion...yes...I understand...that is bad..."
She muttered and nodded as you seamed to have finally been able to hit on a concept close enough to what she knew to understand.

"They took him so they could bring him up here, without your interference or care. What many Nephandi do is...well, not pleasant in their task of trying to destroy things many hurt others. They probably did not want you to interfere, or care for him."

The woman looked at you as you said this, it seamed she was mulling your words over for a moment and she did not reply, this at least made sense, if someone wanted to raise her son for something...something evil then it was logical they would not want Edmund's loving mother there to interfere, finally the ghost nodded sadness in her remaining eye.
"But they...they did not mistreat him? He was well treated?"
She asked almost begging.
"He did not grow up afraid and alone?"

"He did become a Nephandi, when he got older. When they let him grow up here, it probably seemed normal to do...what is done to become one. He was scared because he was having a flashback to when they took him," he tried again to explain.

"My Eddy...became like a Spectre? But no...that is not possible...he is a sweet little boy he could not be turned to darkness like that...he...he..."
The ghost muttered and she grabbed her wounded head.
"He was there...I could not help him...I could not stop them from taking them...I tried to move, but I could not...I could not think...all was white and then black...and then I was in the Shadowlands...I could not save him...you...you hurt him..."
The confused spirit screamed.
"You hurt my little boy...I want my little boy back..."

"They can destroy you. Your son did not want that, he said so. And he wanted you to be at peace, he knew...what was going to happen and he still wanted you to be at peace and not be destroyed by the Nephandi that are here."

"Your kind's Arconoi are strong enough to destroy a spirit?"
The ghost said and she looked uncertain for a moment then she shook her head.
"No matter my son I would want...I have to get vengeance for him he deserve that at least...no he would want..."
Mrs Tilder grabbed her head again and you saw something in her eye, a second, far darker personality that seamed to feed on her anger, the more she raged the stronger it grew. You do remember that Danielle had spoken of a shadow living inside of her cat, something that was with every ghost and she had assumed that Raymond struggled with the same, it was not the same of course but there was certainly a second personality in Mrs Tilder and it was fighting for control.

"Please...your son did not wish your life be consumed by revenge. His wishes were for you to escape this place and to find peace. Even knowing what was to come, that is what he wanted me to tell you," he implored, though he did not know if it would help at all.

"Your friend...killed my son...killed my little boy...that have to be avenged...he have to suffer."
Mrs Tilder said, but she was not the same, this was not the grieving, desperate mother you had seen i the parking lot and later in the sewer tunnel, she had been kind and even when angry she was a mother protecting her child, this entity though was malevolent and cruel and now you saw the gentler personality in the woman's eye, screaming to be let out, but her voice where not heard, and the wraith continued to walk out of the room.

It seemed as if Colin had gained an enemy, damned if one did or did not, one they would have to find out how to deal with at some point later. And they could not let her have her way.

Udella looked at the ghost and then at her hand, held ready to begin a rite.
"I can...destroy her before she leave, but it will take some time, not near as long as with a higher spirit or...a Gift but some time and it is major magick and will be sensed..."
The Master Quesitor said.
"But if you consider her to be to dangerous to deal with later...I for sure do not want to hurt her, but if she decide to go after Mr W, then that will eventually be an issue...though it might be better to let her go for now and focus on our task and deal with her later..."
Udella said, avoiding saying Colin's name.
"Poor woman..."
She added sadly.
"I should not have had to be like this."

(OOC: No she is not a happy Wraith and very unhappy Wraiths tend to become Specters eventually, not that Adley knows. Well sleep is overrated anyway...unless they are naps, naps are awesome. Razz )

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 04, 2017 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2017 9:37 am

"Ah yes I remember now, the one with the mutated goldfish in big jars foretelling the future and piloting spaceships."
The Cultist muttered.
"I have only seen the movie and the TV show."
She said and then she looked guilty.
"And that seam to frivolous to talk about after...after...murdering two helpless captives."
Colin nodded, "That would be the one... And while the phrase was apt, the book would be a bit frivolous to discuss, yes... though it does espouse the same sort of ruthlessness we're forced to exhibit..."

Udella's eyes widened then she gave you a dark grin.
"Oh my, yes that would...infuriate her I think. So what we do then is find an area with...ehm...flesh walls and goad her to find us there? It will be dangerous though, especially for you, if your plan do not work the you have an very old, very powerful, Gilgul happy Nephandus who happen to be very angry with you personally and that might be a recipe for a bad day."
The old Enforcer said and she seamed a bit concerned for your well being.
He shrugged, "The day is turning out rough already... I think we can prepare a crossfire to make her day worse yet."

"It is not good to live in fear, but it is better to live in fear than not to live at all."
The ghost hissed.
"And you never gave him to choice, do you think he would have chosen death if you had let him choose between that and living on the run?"
She asked angrily.
"He will come back...my little boy will come back? But will he not be hunted then as well."
He frowned, "He might have chosen to run... but he would have had no resources, noone to turn to, and he would almost certainly be tracked and picked up in his attempt to flee this place... When he is reborn, he just might go for decades without notice, or even enjoy the precedent that a Mage such as he can be protected by a Mentor. In this life, he would not get that chance... In his next life, we can try to find such a guardian for him."

Mia was there in your mind suddenly looking at the woman through your eyes it was as if she wanted to say something, but she elected not to. The ghost woman raged at you.
"You never gave him a choice, you just killed him."
He nodded, "I did... I couldn't give him a choice, but I gave him a chance, a new start... that's the best I could offer, as things are now..."

"That is horrible, but why would your group do this...are you all evil, do you do nothing but harm?"
The ghostly woman demanded.
"And my Edmund could have run...he could have."
She said angrily, not understanding, she had no idea what an Avatar meant to a mage.
He shook his head, "We try our best to protect the world, to make it better, by and large. The faction your son had been drafted into, they seek to unmake the world. And he could have tried to run, but... he would not get far, and the cost would be higher..."

The angry spirit regarded you for a moment, the anger never leaving her eye that burned with hate, finally she spoke again.
"Very well...I will leave for now, and you can craft this memento, my Eddy deserve as much, but then I will come for you...I will never let you have a moment's peace I will have my revenge and I will take from you your mind...your sanity, you will never be safe!"
She swore as she turned to leave.
"No matter where you go...I will find you!"
He nodded, "A reprieve, then... I will try to help you find peace, when that time comes..."

"Your friend...killed my son...killed my little boy...that have to be avenged...he have to suffer."
Mrs Tilder said, but she was not the same, this was not the grieving, desperate mother you had seen i the parking lot and later in the sewer tunnel, she had been kind and even when angry she was a mother protecting her child, this entity though was malevolent and cruel and now you saw the gentler personality in the woman's eye, screaming to be let out, but her voice where not heard, and the wraith continued to walk out of the room.
Udella looked at the ghost and then at her hand, held ready to begin a rite.
"I can...destroy her before she leave, but it will take some time, not near as long as with a higher spirit or...a Gift but some time and it is major magick and will be sensed..."
The Master Quesitor said.
"But if you consider her to be to dangerous to deal with later...I for sure do not want to hurt her, but if she decide to go after Mr W, then that will eventually be an issue...though it might be better to let her go for now and focus on our task and deal with her later..."
Udella said, avoiding saying Colin's name.
"Poor woman..."
She added sadly.
"I should not have had to be like this."
He sighed, placing a hand gently over Udella's, speaking softly, "No... She doesn't deserve to be destroyed like that. I earned her ire, fair and square... and I know just the Euthanatos to ask for help in putting her at peace. There'll be enough violence today as it is..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 10:11 am

Colin nodded, "That would be the one... And while the phrase was apt, the book would be a bit frivolous to discuss, yes... though it does espouse the same sort of ruthlessness we're forced to exhibit..."

Rosario glanced at you then she sigh.
"It might espouse that yes...well even so it is a topic for another time...a happier time."
She muttered though she did not look like she thought she deserved more happy times.

He shrugged, "The day is turning out rough already... I think we can prepare a crossfire to make her day worse yet."

"Hum...yes we might indeed, and if we can take that woman down, our job would be allot simpler."
Udella muttered then she sigh.
"Yes it is turning out rough indeed."
She agreed and glanced over at Valen and Edmund's still forms.
"But we expected as much going into this...war is never pretty."

He frowned, "He might have chosen to run... but he would have had no resources, noone to turn to, and he would almost certainly be tracked and picked up in his attempt to flee this place... When he is reborn, he just might go for decades without notice, or even enjoy the precedent that a Mage such as he can be protected by a Mentor. In this life, he would not get that chance... In his next life, we can try to find such a guardian for him."

"He could have gotten away...I could have helped him, but you never gave him a chance...and now my little boy is dead and it is all your fault...all your fault."
The ghost screamed.
"You killed him!"
She hissed.
"And what do a teacher have to do with this, how will finding him a teacher when he comes back, if that is even true, help him?"

He nodded, "I did... I couldn't give him a choice, but I gave him a chance, a new start... that's the best I could offer, as things are now..."

"You could have let him go...but you killed him...he was scared, he screamed and you killed my little boy!"
The ghost raged and you saw her demeanor change from a mother full of grief to something...malevolent, something dark, and you could almost see her kinder personality deep inside of her being pushed down and screaming to be let back out, but rage and hate took over and her image grew ever darker, she was like a shadow of herself now, paler, more grotesque, like a being out of a nightmare.

He shook his head, "We try our best to protect the world, to make it better, by and large. The faction your son had been drafted into, they seek to unmake the world. And he could have tried to run, but... he would not get far, and the cost would be higher..."

"Killing my little Eddy did not make the world better...your friend said these Nephandi where like our Specters, that is bad, horrible but my little boy would not be like that, he is a good little boy, kind and loving, you had no right to kill him, no right at all."
Mrs Tilder screamed at you.
"I hate you...you killed my little boy, you made him hurt and scream, you took him from me I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"
She howled at you in a shriek that sounded like a raging wind through the branches of a dead tree.

He nodded, "A reprieve, then... I will try to help you find peace, when that time comes..."

"I do not want peace...I want my son! Give me back my son...give me back my son!"
She screamed at you.
"But yes a reprieve until you have made Edmund his monument, then I come for you, then I take your mind and I will have my revenge!"
She swore darkly.

He sighed, placing a hand gently over Udella's, speaking softly, "No... She doesn't deserve to be destroyed like that. I earned her ire, fair and square... and I know just the Euthanatos to ask for help in putting her at peace. There'll be enough violence today as it is..."

Udella looked at you, then relaxed her fingers, you feel her old joints protest as the gesture she had held ready for so long was released.
"You are right...there have been enough violence here today, and more is to come, but if you think you can find another way to deal with the ghost then I am grateful not to have to harm her...just...do not underestimate her, she can be quite dangerous."
The old Enforcer said softly.

Crexia looked at you and Udella and then in the direction the ghost had left.
"Let us leave this room, there have been...enough pain here and we need to press on, the Nephandi will know we are here by now, and while we could all need a rest...there are no time to dally, we must go."
The archmage said and prepared to leave.
"We need to stop Abigail and take this place down, and we have spent to long in this room already."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2017 12:46 pm

"Hum...yes we might indeed, and if we can take that woman down, our job would be allot simpler."
Udella muttered then she sigh.
"Yes it is turning out rough indeed."
She agreed and glanced over at Valen and Edmund's still forms.
"But we expected as much going into this...war is never pretty."
Colin frowned and looked down at the wounded, sedated form on the floor, "Indeed... At least there's one who might yet live... We'll have to return for him later."

"He could have gotten away...I could have helped him, but you never gave him a chance...and now my little boy is dead and it is all your fault...all your fault."
The ghost screamed.
"You killed him!"
She hissed.
"And what do a teacher have to do with this, how will finding him a teacher when he comes back, if that is even true, help him?"
He shook his head, "It's not all my fault... though the ultimate responsibility is mine. And when he returns, there's legal precedent for a Mentor to protect him, to shelter him from the same laws that would have torn his soul apart for being a Nephandus. At that time... we can protect him like we could never have done in this life."

"Killing my little Eddy did not make the world better...your friend said these Nephandi where like our Specters, that is bad, horrible but my little boy would not be like that, he is a good little boy, kind and loving, you had no right to kill him, no right at all."
Mrs Tilder screamed at you.
"I hate you...you killed my little boy, you made him hurt and scream, you took him from me I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"
She howled at you in a shriek that sounded like a raging wind through the branches of a dead tree.
He sighed, "It would have taken some more time, but as he stayed here, he'd already started walking what they call the Black Spiral... the accelerating descent into Oblivion. He would eventually become like your Specters, irrevocably... and at that point, it would be too late. I didn't have the right to kill him, no... I had an obligation to do so. And you are quite right to hate me for it..."

"I do not want peace...I want my son! Give me back my son...give me back my son!"
She screamed at you.
"But yes a reprieve until you have made Edmund his monument, then I come for you, then I take your mind and I will have my revenge!"
She swore darkly.
He nodded, "I can't give you your son back... but I might know someone who can reunite you, all the same... I don't know for certain, but I will try. I'll be waiting..."

Udella looked at you, then relaxed her fingers, you feel her old joints protest as the gesture she had held ready for so long was released.
"You are right...there have been enough violence here today, and more is to come, but if you think you can find another way to deal with the ghost then I am grateful not to have to harm her...just...do not underestimate her, she can be quite dangerous."
The old Enforcer said softly.
He nodded, "I can't do it myself, but... Like I said, I know the Euthanatos to ask for help; if he can't help me, he surely knows someone who can, to send her soul on to the next world, whatever that may be..."

Crexia looked at you and Udella and then in the direction the ghost had left.
"Let us leave this room, there have been...enough pain here and we need to press on, the Nephandi will know we are here by now, and while we could all need a rest...there are no time to dally, we must go."
"We need to stop Abigail and take this place down, and we have spent to long in this room already."
He wiped the last tears off his face and took a deep breath, "Yes, sorry, partly my fault, that... Now, where are the fleshiest walls?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Colin frowned and looked down at the wounded, sedated form on the floor, "Indeed... At least there's one who might yet live... We'll have to return for him later."

Rosario looked down ar Ruben and nodded, in a moment of tenderness born from guilt she walked over to a shelf and grabbed a blanket and gently put over the sedated man, so he would not get to cold, his body was in shock and while he felt nothing right now, getting to cold might impact his chances of survival.
"Yes...at least we might be able to save one of them."
The Cultist said in a tone of voice that said she would make it her personal mission to make sure the young pawn lived, it was a way to deal with her guilt perhaps, to at least save someone.

Rosario looked up from Ruben and sigh, trying to bring her focus back to the task at hand though it was not easy for her.
"Ehm...I am going to bring along some of the painkillers and sedatives, they might come in handy and there might be other pawns we can get away with knocking out and not outright...kill."
She muttered and looked at Edmund and Valen as she said the word kill.
"And...and the painkillers might get in handy for our own people as well...and who know, a dose right in an eye in the wall might do something."
She muttered as she busied herself with looting some of the medical supplies of the shelves of the infirmary and putting them in her pack, mostly though she seamed just to look for something to do, something to focus her mind on other than what she had been a part of doing.

He shook his head, "It's not all my fault... though the ultimate responsibility is mine.

"You killed him...you killed him...you killed him!"
The wraith moaned accusingly at you while her eye regarded you hatefully.

And when he returns, there's legal precedent for a Mentor to protect him, to shelter him from the same laws that would have torn his soul apart for being a Nephandus. At that time... we can protect him like we could never have done in this life."

"Your laws is as horrid as the Hierarchy...it should not be so...you should have saved him, saved my little boy. He will not be Eddy in a next life...I want my son back...give me my son back now!"
The ghost screamed, her voice filled with grief and anguish.

He sighed, "It would have taken some more time, but as he stayed here, he'd already started walking what they call the Black Spiral... the accelerating descent into Oblivion. He would eventually become like your Specters, irrevocably... and at that point, it would be too late. I didn't have the right to kill him, no... I had an obligation to do so. And you are quite right to hate me for it..."

"No...not a Specter...not a lost one...he would not become that...I am afraid...I will become so as well...I just want my son...I want my son back and I do hate you...you killed my son...you killed my Eddy and he was a good boy, he was kind, and warm and loving..."
The ghost started weeping hysterically, tears running down the part of her face that where not shattered by the bullet that killed her.
"He is all I have...and you took him from me...I do hate you...I hate you!"
She sobbed, her form flickering like a candle in a drafty window from the intensity of her emotion.

He nodded, "I can't give you your son back... but I might know someone who can reunite you, all the same... I don't know for certain, but I will try. I'll be waiting..."

"I want to see my son again...I want to be with him, he is just a little boy, he needs his mother, he still wet his bed at night when he have nightmares."
Mrs Tilder muttered and for a moment her expression softened.
"My parents think I should punish him for it, but I never will, he is just scared, and with patience and love he will stop one day...but he needs me for I understand...he needs me. i want to be with my son."

He nodded, "I can't do it myself, but... Like I said, I know the Euthanatos to ask for help; if he can't help me, he surely knows someone who can, to send her soul on to the next world, whatever that may be..."

"I hope your Chakravanti friend can help...there is an afterlife where our personalities go, I do not know what it is but, I think it is a good place, she deserve that rest, and so do Mr Tilder, I would like for them to be together again in peace."
Udella said. Nancy looked at you, she formed firsts of her hands and her brow creased with the effort of trying to talk so you can understand.
"Ten...that are denied...I mane my Tradition...Hollow Ones...many of us know more...about...the dead...the twos sing but the threes will not listen I mean I do not have that knowledge but Mark...my Mentor do...if the Nine who helps the other numbers count...your friend can not help...perhaps my teacher can."
The mad mage said and panted with the effort and pressed her fists to her head and she fought to understand how to speak with you, it was clearly quite and effort for her, Cara patted her Cabalmate on the shoulder.
"You did well Nance...I am sure he understood that, now relax, you will give yourself a headache."
She praised the other young mage and Nancy grinned.

Rosario looked at you sadly.
"Is she...very angry, the ghost woman I assume you have been talking with Sir? Well she have every reason to be...one more victim in this fucking war...I hate this war and what it makes us do."
She muttered and kicked a trash basket over on the floor in frustration.
"Sorry...for the outburst."
She muttered after a while.

He wiped the last tears off his face and took a deep breath, "Yes, sorry, partly my fault, that... Now, where are the fleshiest walls?"

"The situation here got unfortunate for all of us...and especially for you...I will...take the burden the next time..."
Crexia said and she regarded you kindly for a moment before she checked the map on her phone.
"Well the structure is spiraling, we are on this part of the outer ring."
She said and pointed.
"And we have to move around here...so that will bring us to what is marked as Gabriel's room, two unmarked living quarters and Gabriel's interrogation room which is filled in with black ink hard enough that the pen went through the paper, I suspect the girl do not like that room."
Crexia said.
"I suspect we will see more of the flesh the deeper in we go, through if we go one more bend we find the hallway with Carlyle's room, and we do not want to risk having to deal with her and this Cotta, and the patrol Mr Tilder sneaked away from all at once."
The archimage commented as she studied the angular spiral structure of the map.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 pm

"They are like Specters...and they seek the Oblivion...yes...I understand...that is bad..." She muttered and nodded as you seamed to have finally been able to hit on a concept close enough to what she knew to understand.

"They strive for nonexistence. And we fight them because we do not want that to happen. But they are not ghosts, if Spectres are ghosts."

"But they...they did not mistreat him? He was well treated?" She asked almost begging. "He did not grow up afraid and alone?"

"From what he wanted you to know, that he told me, he was not treated badly. He had friends. I do not know if he was afraid but he was not alone. He did miss you," he added.

"My Eddy...became like a Spectre? But no...that is not possible...he is a sweet little boy he could not be turned to darkness like that...he...he..." The ghost muttered and she grabbed her wounded head. "He was there...I could not help him...I could not stop them from taking them...I tried to move, but I could not...I could not think...all was white and then black...and then I was in the Shadowlands...I could not save him...you...you hurt him..." The confused spirit screamed.
"You hurt my little boy...I want my little boy back..."

"There was nothing you could do, the Nephandi took him from you when you were both vulnerable." But the ghost had already turned it back over, lost the small headway he'd made and there was not going to be any easy way to explain what a widderslainte was.

"Your kind's Arconoi are strong enough to destroy a spirit?" The ghost said and she looked uncertain for a moment then she shook her head.

"They can be," he said carefully.

"No matter my son I would want...I have to get vengeance for him he deserve that at least...no he would want..."
Mrs Tilder grabbed her head again and you saw something in her eye, a second, far darker personality that seamed to feed on her anger, the more she raged the stronger it grew...

Adley felt a prickle alone his skin, the ghost seemed to fight itself and was losing, nothing he said seemed to quite have enough impact to overcome the horror of her son being killed. And even Colin's words seemed only to go so far. The reasons why, reason itself had become less and less important. He wondered if it was like what the Risen girl had talked about when trying to explain about her cat, though the cat also seemed an anchor of sort for her as well.

"Poor woman..."She added sadly. I should not have had to be like this."

"Yes, the Nephandi know we're here, unless she will interfere again I don't know we have the time. This is not a good place to make penance, though we will have to figure out what to do about her...she has lost some part of what she was, it is as if she became darker before my eyes."

"Ehm...I am going to bring along some of the painkillers and sedatives, they might come in handy and there might be other pawns we can get away with knocking out and not outright...kill." She muttered and looked at Edmund and Valen as she said the word kill. "And...and the painkillers might get in handy for our own people as well...and who know, a dose right in an eye in the wall might do something."

"Good idea," he said with a nod. He checked the room for anything they needed to clean up after themselves, cancelling any of his own magick that was still active.

"Ten...that are denied...I mane my Tradition...Hollow Ones...many of us know more...about...the dead...the twos sing but the threes will not listen I mean I do not have that knowledge but Mark...my Mentor do...if the Nine who helps the other numbers count...your friend can not help...perhaps my teacher can."

He looked over at Nancy and gave her a nod as well. At least he understood her offer, that her mentor might be able to help though he was glad he didn't say the man's whole name.

He looked at Colin with a sort of grim concern and then let his hand go, but held onto his arm instead a moment before he let go. Then stood close to him as if he was ready to try to fight off the ghost if it decided it couldn't wait for its revenge. Crexia brought out the map again and Adley listened, the began building up his spirit shield while the others talked, until Crexia spoke of deciding their direction. He didn't know how much it might help with Cotta or Matty but there were also Umbrood around. He peered at the map a moment, trying to find where they were in relation to the East hallway, where the ocean Umbrood was supposed to linger.

// I think her name was Danielle, wasn't it, if we're talking about the Risen? Also, trauma train all aboard, free jhor for everyone D:

Arete for the shield rote (if he has time to bolster it for a round): S: 0, 9, 7

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm

"They strive for nonexistence. And we fight them because we do not want that to happen. But they are not ghosts, if Spectres are ghosts."

"Specters are ghosts, they are what we...fight not to be...the ones who are nothing but destruction and pain."
Mrs Tilder muttered.
"Why would they want not to exist, who would want not to exist? That makes no sense."

"From what he wanted you to know, that he told me, he was not treated badly. He had friends. I do not know if he was afraid but he was not alone. He did miss you," he added.

"He was not alone...he was happy? He missed me?"
Mrs Tilder asked and for a moment she seamed a little more hopeful, her features lighting up a bit, but then her grief and pain took over again, that dark part of her took over and forced anything positive down until nothing but the rage was left.
"You took him from me!"
She shrieked.

"There was nothing you could do, the Nephandi took him from you when you were both vulnerable." But the ghost had already turned it back over, lost the small headway he'd made and there was not going to be any easy way to explain what a widderslainte was.

"They took him...they took him...my little boy and now he is dead and it is your fault...it is his fault!"
The ghost said and pointed at Colin, in her grief and confusion over time having passed had her mixing up some facts pretty badly, she saw only grief and pain in her mourning and Colin became the focus for her rage.

"They can be," he said carefully.

The wraith stopped for a moment and looked at you, but fear only halted her rage for a few seconds before she turned on Colin again in her pain and despair.

"Yes, the Nephandi know we're here, unless she will interfere again I don't know we have the time. This is not a good place to make penance, though we will have to figure out what to do about her...she has lost some part of what she was, it is as if she became darker before my eyes."

"She have her own demons to fight, but yes this is not the place."
Udella agreed she seamed relieved to not having to harm the ghost.
"The Nephandi are a greater threat right now, we need to focus on taking the Labyrinth then we can deal with the ghost."

"Good idea," he said with a nod. He checked the room for anything they needed to clean up after themselves, cancelling any of his own magick that was still active.

Well Rosario had lost her breakfast on the infirmary floor, a toast and and apple it seamed, there would be some arcane connections in that so it probably should be burned, other than that is was not much that needed to be cleaned up. Rosario looked up from her looting and glanced at the mess on the floor.
"Sorry..."
She muttered softly.

He looked over at Nancy and gave her a nod as well. At least he understood her offer, that her mentor might be able to help though he was glad he didn't say the man's whole name.

Nancy gave you a friendly smile, she did not seam to get your concerns over names and she giggled and looked up at the roof.

the began building up his spirit shield while the others talked,

A bit of very loud Latin chanting right in the middle of her explanation did not seam to bother Crexia who was as used to someone deciding to take a spare moment to cast as spell as she would be to someone blowing their nose. You commanded reality rather elegantly through for just having a moment to focus and there being people, chatter and distractions all around you, your kinetic shield was strengthened nicely. Jeffry would have been proud of that bit of willworking.

until Crexia spoke of deciding their direction. He didn't know how much it might help with Cotta or Matty but there were also Umbrood around. He peered at the map a moment, trying to find where they were in relation to the East hallway, where the ocean Umbrood was supposed to linger.

The east hallway would be the next one coming up. Crexia held up her phone so you could see better.
"Did you get an idea Sodalis?"

(OOC: Danielle it is, sorry my bad I am terrible with names I will fix it. Jhor, sleepless nights and well yes trauma for everyone is not the Asencion War fun. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 04, 2017 6:41 pm

// just fyi, it was the spirit sheild since he worked on the other one before. And dw, thete are a lot if NPCs just making sure it was the same one. And lol @ Crexia, she is truly unflappable at least she is not offended xD Will make full reply after work.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 pm

(OOC: Again sorry, I am a bit out of it today, I am having a bit of an anxiety attack so if I make more mistakes please forgive me. Yeah Crexia is not that easy to unsettle, she is an old, former Tremere and a lich.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Rosario looked up from Ruben and sigh, trying to bring her focus back to the task at hand though it was not easy for her.
"Ehm...I am going to bring along some of the painkillers and sedatives, they might come in handy and there might be other pawns we can get away with knocking out and not outright...kill."
She muttered and looked at Edmund and Valen as she said the word kill.
"And...and the painkillers might get in handy for our own people as well...and who know, a dose right in an eye in the wall might do something."
She muttered as she busied herself with looting some of the medical supplies of the shelves of the infirmary and putting them in her pack, mostly though she seamed just to look for something to do, something to focus her mind on other than what she had been a part of doing.
Colin nodded, "There'll likely be injured in the other teams, too... good plan."

"Your laws is as horrid as the Hierarchy...it should not be so...you should have saved him, saved my little boy. He will not be Eddy in a next life...I want my son back...give me my son back now!"
The ghost screamed, her voice filled with grief and anguish.
He nodded, "I don't know the Hierarchy... but yes, the law needs changing..."

"I hope your Chakravanti friend can help...there is an afterlife where our personalities go, I do not know what it is but, I think it is a good place, she deserve that rest, and so do Mr Tilder, I would like for them to be together again in peace."
Udella said. Nancy looked at you, she formed firsts of her hands and her brow creased with the effort of trying to talk so you can understand.
The mad mage said and panted with the effort and pressed her fists to her head and she fought to understand how to speak with you, it was clearly quite and effort for her, Cara patted her Cabalmate on the shoulder.
"You did well Nance...I am sure he understood that, now relax, you will give yourself a headache."
She praised the other young mage and Nancy grinned.
He looked at Nancy for a moment, puzzles, then nodded, "Thank you... I'll keep that in mind if my other friend can't help."

Rosario looked at you sadly.
"Is she...very angry, the ghost woman I assume you have been talking with Sir? Well she have every reason to be...one more victim in this fucking war...I hate this war and what it makes us do."
She muttered and kicked a trash basket over on the floor in frustration.
"Sorry...for the outburst."
She muttered after a while.
He nodded, "Hell hath no fury... and I can hardly blame her, after I executed her son and his friend..."

Well Rosario had lost her breakfast on the infirmary floor, a toast and and apple it seamed, there would be some arcane connections in that so it probably should be burned, other than that is was not much that needed to be cleaned up. Rosario looked up from her looting and glanced at the mess on the floor.
"Sorry..."
She muttered softly.
Colin nodded and aimed his ring at the puddle, remembering the flow Morgan had showed him; how the words were less important than the gestures, and how that translated in the flow through the circle, the circle engraved on the ring... "Venti mundus silencio."

He nodded, mind already beginning to form the semblances of ideas, options, alternatives, "Yes... The car would form a strong bond between the two, a mighty sympathic link... Mind if I take it? Our Chakravanti friend might be able to use it to put the poor lady to rest..."

"The situation here got unfortunate for all of us...and especially for you...I will...take the burden the next time..."
Crexia said and she regarded you kindly for a moment before she checked the map on her phone.
"Well the structure is spiraling, we are on this part of the outer ring."
She said and pointed.
"And we have to move around here...so that will bring us to what is marked as Gabriel's room, two unmarked living quarters and Gabriel's interrogation room which is filled in with black ink hard enough that the pen went through the paper, I suspect the girl do not like that room."
Crexia said.
"I suspect we will see more of the flesh the deeper in we go, through if we go one more bend we find the hallway with Carlyle's room, and we do not want to risk having to deal with her and this Cotta, and the patrol Mr Tilder sneaked away from all at once."
The archimage commented as she studied the angular spiral structure of the map.
He smiled gratefully to Crexia, "Thank you... I just hope there won't be a next time like this. As for Gabriel's interrogation room... no, she wouldn't. The man doted on her, but if she ever ventured in there, she would have seen his monstrous side..."

((OOC: So, yeah, Colin tries a Wind of Mundane Silence on the lost breakfast... Arete roll: 3,7,0. Dat enough?))

((OOC2: Crexia may be unflappable, but how many liches does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Colin nodded, "There'll likely be injured in the other teams, too... good plan."

Rosario nodded her eyes focused on the medicine she was looting with a feverish determination she just seamed glad to have something to do, something to take her mind of the two executed men.

He nodded, "I don't know the Hierarchy... but yes, the law needs changing..."

"They are the brutal rulers of my kind, the lords of the Necropoli...to old, to cruel...they do not matter now..."
The ghost said and shook her head.
"The only thing that matters is my son...I want my son..."

He looked at Nancy for a moment, puzzles, then nodded, "Thank you... I'll keep that in mind if my other friend can't help."

Nancy smiled to you and giggled but she did not say anything else.

He nodded, "Hell hath no fury... and I can hardly blame her, after I executed her son and his friend..."

"No...we can not blame the woman for her anger...and while you pulled the trigger Sir, you do not carry the guilt alone...you should not have to deal with that spirit alone either."
Rosario said her eyes full of guilt and regret.
"Will she be alright? The ghost...man that is a strange thing to ask, that she is a ghost means she is not alright per definition don't it."

Colin nodded and aimed his ring at the puddle, remembering the flow Morgan had showed him; how the words were less important than the gestures, and how that translated in the flow through the circle, the circle engraved on the ring... "Venti mundus silencio."

A small wind, not more than a light breeze flowed over the mess on the floor, it was not enough to disturb the bits of half digested breakfast and bile, it was just the king of small flap of wind one might get if someone in a long coat walked by briskly, but you think it did the job. Udella raised an eyebrow.
"My my you have spent your time around members of my Tradition most productively young man."
She said sounding impressed, Crexia though frowned, she did not quite like an Orphan learning Hermetic rotes, even if this one was not a secret as such.
"Well then, that should be taken care of."
Was all she briskly said about the matter.

He smiled gratefully to Crexia, "Thank you... I just hope there won't be a next time like this. As for Gabriel's interrogation room... no, she wouldn't. The man doted on her, but if she ever ventured in there, she would have seen his monstrous side..."

"It is not likely to be a comfortable room to be in, not for a little girl and not for us, it will have to be checked like the rest of them though."
Crexia said and she begun to move out of the infirmary.
"Speaking of that, please check the rooms in this corridor and then we move to the next, we do not want any surprises at out back, a simple rote to check for signs of life should be enough."
She ordered and Rosario nodded.
"I will do it Ma'am."
She said and walked past you out of the infirmary, casting one last, mournful look at the executed Nephandi.
"I am...sorry."
She muttered under her breath, she was far from ok, but at least she could function and she put a arrow on her crossbow and fired it into a small crack on the opposite end of the hallway, it was a perfect shot, and with the focus to pull that off came the state of mind she needed for her magick. Rosario turned slowly, looking at each of the unopened rooms then she nodded to herself and pointed at Mel's door.
"There is two, simple lives in there, animals I think, probably pets, there is nothing alive in the other rooms that I can sense."

(OOC: That depends on how many of those liches study Matter. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2017 8:12 pm

"They are the brutal rulers of my kind, the lords of the Necropoli...to old, to cruel...they do not matter now..."
The ghost said and shook her head.
"The only thing that matters is my son...I want my son..."
Colin nodded, "The same goes for some of our leaders... unfortunately, in this case, they do matter now..."

"No...we can not blame the woman for her anger...and while you pulled the trigger Sir, you do not carry the guilt alone...you should not have to deal with that spirit alone either."
Rosario said her eyes full of guilt and regret.
"Will she be alright? The ghost...man that is a strange thing to ask, that she is a ghost means she is not alright per definition don't it."
He nodded, "I won't deal with her alone... Actually, I can't deal with her alone. However, I know who to call on for aid; people I trust, and whose Traditions give them the best perspective to help the poor woman..."

A small wind, not more than a light breeze flowed over the mess on the floor, it was not enough to disturb the bits of half digested breakfast and bile, it was just the king of small flap of wind one might get if someone in a long coat walked by briskly, but you think it did the job. Udella raised an eyebrow.
"My my you have spent your time around members of my Tradition most productively young man."
She said sounding impressed, Crexia though frowned, she did not quite like an Orphan learning Hermetic rotes, even if this one was not a secret as such.
"Well then, that should be taken care of."
Was all she briskly said about the matter.
He smiled thinly, "Our Security Chief taught me, after I'd brought in a few Primium bullets from an... incident. He thought it might be useful to have me able to rinse such salvage in the field, rather than bring it back. Took me a few tries to get the hang of it, though; I don't do the hand seals the Order so favours. I don't think he'd have been quite as pragmatic about it if it were a secret, though."

"It is not likely to be a comfortable room to be in, not for a little girl and not for us, it will have to be checked like the rest of them though."
Crexia said and she begun to move out of the infirmary.
"Speaking of that, please check the rooms in this corridor and then we move to the next, we do not want any surprises at out back, a simple rote to check for signs of life should be enough."
She ordered and Rosario nodded.
"I will do it Ma'am."
She said and walked past you out of the infirmary, casting one last, mournful look at the executed Nephandi.
"I am...sorry."
She muttered under her breath, she was far from ok, but at least she could function and she put a arrow on her crossbow and fired it into a small crack on the opposite end of the hallway, it was a perfect shot, and with the focus to pull that off came the state of mind she needed for her magick. Rosario turned slowly, looking at each of the unopened rooms then she nodded to herself and pointed at Mel's door.
"There is two, simple lives in there, animals I think, probably pets, there is nothing alive in the other rooms that I can sense."
He nodded, and arched an eye at Rosario as she scanned the area, "Good... can you tell where the Labyrinth creature's closest extension is? Or is that a little more complex?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Colin nodded, "The same goes for some of our leaders... unfortunately, in this case, they do matter now..."

"They banish people into...very bad places or turn people into items, that is worse to be able to think and feel and hear and touch but you are a table or a ring or a book, forever to be used and discarded, completely helpless...sometimes for centuries, for time that never flows, never moves."
The ghost said and there where fear in her eye.
"But they do not matter...my son matter and I want my son back...I want my son to be alive."
She wept angrily.

He nodded, "I won't deal with her alone... Actually, I can't deal with her alone. However, I know who to call on for aid; people I trust, and whose Traditions give them the best perspective to help the poor woman..."

"I hope you are right Sir, that your allies can help the woman, she deserves some peace, life have not been kind to her...we have not been kind to her, perhaps we can at least give her something...something better than rage and anger."
Rosario said and sigh.
"Though it will not erase our guilt...at least helping someone is better...it is better."

He smiled thinly, "Our Security Chief taught me, after I'd brought in a few Primium bullets from an... incident. He thought it might be useful to have me able to rinse such salvage in the field, rather than bring it back. Took me a few tries to get the hang of it, though; I don't do the hand seals the Order so favours. I don't think he'd have been quite as pragmatic about it if it were a secret, though."

"The Wind of Mundane Silence is a Hermetic spell young man but it is not a part of of the restricted and secret body of knowledge of our Tradition. Your Security Chief broke no laws teaching you...it is still unusual to teach a non Hermetic such a rote but it is not illegal."
Udella said and Crexia nodded, she still did not look pleased however all she said was.
"It is certainly a useful bit of magick to know."

He nodded, and arched an eye at Rosario as she scanned the area, "Good... can you tell where the Labyrinth creature's closest extension is? Or is that a little more complex?"

"There are...tendrils of it here, in the roof...if you remember there where some crawling down the walls in the first corridor...but the most massive thing alive I feel is in that direction, but I can not be sure...I am not good at feeling or manipulating things once they are out of my field of view...all I can say is something big...and pulsating...disgusting....are in that direction."
Rosario said and pointed inward further into the Labyrinth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 04, 2017 11:57 pm

"I hope you are right Sir, that your allies can help the woman, she deserves some peace, life have not been kind to her...we have not been kind to her, perhaps we can at least give her something...something better than rage and anger."
Rosario said and sigh.
"Though it will not erase our guilt...at least helping someone is better...it is better."
Colin nodded, then pondered, "I will need some sleuthing... To find if Edmund's father is still around. Any surviving family at all..."

"The Wind of Mundane Silence is a Hermetic spell young man but it is not a part of of the restricted and secret body of knowledge of our Tradition. Your Security Chief broke no laws teaching you...it is still unusual to teach a non Hermetic such a rote but it is not illegal."
Udella said and Crexia nodded, she still did not look pleased however all she said was.
"It is certainly a useful bit of magick to know."
He grinned, "And there we are back to my being a reasonable person who can work with the Order on the matter of things you might not want too widely shared..."

"There are...tendrils of it here, in the roof...if you remember there where some crawling down the walls in the first corridor...but the most massive thing alive I feel is in that direction, but I can not be sure...I am not good at feeling or manipulating things once they are out of my field of view...all I can say is something big...and pulsating...disgusting....are in that direction."
Rosario said and pointed inward further into the Labyrinth.
He pondered, "The corridor... We could try to duplicate the ambush they tried to set for us there... If everyone would like to set up defensive positions, I can try to goad Cotta into reacting to the corridor wall... It'll take a moment to cast, but I suspect her response will be swift, in person and utterly enraged... Does that sound like an acceptable gambit to everyone, or should we try to mop up the lesser threats like the patrol first?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 am

"We are getting quite populous."
Without kids there's no heritage, and without that there's no point in anything. You're the driving force of us all and the future is yours for the taking. Yours is the chance to correct all of our mistakes, and after all this fighting is done we will need it.

"I doubt my teacher would let me go out hunting Nephandi quite yet."
Yes, is dirty business but with every day passing the violence grows in a spiral. We need our young to be ready to face adversity should it corner them.

Andrew said and there was compassion in his eyes.
Tane recognized the eyes and the spirit of a good man when he saw one, and he was glad they were adding such fine people to their group. It's for the better. They wouldn't wish to hurt anyone. he said, reasuring the poor boy.

"Is it true then Mr Karyak, can one's Avatar really become sick...and die?"
The traditions regularly kill avatars to protect themselves from the awakening of new nephandi. They wound it to mark it as livestock. Some time ago i found the nephandi are basicly breaking avatars like glass and using the shards as buoys to close the pass to the umbra.
There can be transplants and we're working on a full living change of avatar, from a person to another. And of course, this vampire blood can poison an avatar and make IT addict, not just now but for all lives to come in the future.
One's really vulnerable, just in the soul.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 05, 2017 12:30 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, then pondered, "I will need some sleuthing... To find if Edmund's father is still around. Any surviving family at all..."

"I guess we could search city records for his name and go from there, we have his first and last name so it should not be that hard to find out."
Rosario suggested.

He grinned, "And there we are back to my being a reasonable person who can work with the Order on the matter of things you might not want too widely shared..."

"True enough, and I have not voiced any complaint about your knowledge of the rote in question young man."
Crexia said as she regarded you carefully.

He pondered, "The corridor... We could try to duplicate the ambush they tried to set for us there... If everyone would like to set up defensive positions, I can try to goad Cotta into reacting to the corridor wall... It'll take a moment to cast, but I suspect her response will be swift, in person and utterly enraged... Does that sound like an acceptable gambit to everyone, or should we try to mop up the lesser threats like the patrol first?"

"The question is if Cotta will leave the more ehm...fleshy parts of the Labyrinth to come to the defense of the very outskirt of the creature."
Udella said and raised an eyebrow.
"The idea is sound, if you think she will come to the entrance corridor, the question is if she will leave the areas she is stronger in to do so."
The Enforcer asked.
"As for the patrol, well the Keeper of the Labyrinth are a more important target, the question is if she will take the lesser Nephandi with her if you can get her to come to us to attack...which would complicate matters."

Tane:

Without kids there's no heritage, and without that there's no point in anything. You're the driving force of us all and the future is yours for the taking. Yours is the chance to correct all of our mistakes, and after all this fighting is done we will need it.

The young mage scratched his head a bit uncertain.
"Well I do not know about that. I mostly focus on being able to handle both my magickal and linguistic studies and school at the same time you know...and perhaps have some time for games and this really pretty Verbena girl over at Riverside that I know."
He said and blushed.
"I do not know about the purpose of the future and all of that...but I guess one day I will know what I will do when I get initiated and are an adult in the eyes of the Traditions..."

Yes, is dirty business but with every day passing the violence grows in a spiral. We need our young to be ready to face adversity should it corner them.

"Ehm...yeah Sir you have to speak with my Mentor about that. I am not against doing my part for the Chantry but there is a limit to what I can do yet...I have not been a mage that long you know."
Andrew said again sounding a bit uncertain.

Tane recognized the eyes and the spirit of a good man when he saw one, and he was glad they were adding such fine people to their group. It's for the better. They wouldn't wish to hurt anyone. he said, reasuring the poor boy.

"No but...they are in pain and they are scared, you can see it in their eyes, and I do not like that we keep them like that, locking them up should be enough. I sure hope that if I or my teacher or any of my friends find ourselves the captives of one of the other Awakened groups we will be treated better."
The young mage said then he sigh.
"Then again it is not my call, I recognize that I know so very little compared to my Mentor and even less than the Deacons so I trust their judgment Sir."

The traditions regularly kill avatars to protect themselves from the awakening of new nephandi. They wound it to mark it as livestock. Some time ago i found the nephandi are basicly breaking avatars like glass and using the shards as buoys to close the pass to the umbra.

Andrew's eyes went wide as saucers.
"I...was told about...killing Avatars, that is is possible, my Mentor explained it to me the night they came for Beatrice Alexander, the night we where told she is a widderslainte...that is horrible I did not think one could loose one's magick...that is...so terrifying I mean it is the most important thing in any mage's life...it...is horrible."
The boy muttered fearfully.
"You...can mark an Avatar like chattel? Like with a branding iron? That...that have to...hurt."
He whispered and grew more and more pale.
"The Nephandi do what...they break Avatars like glass? I...I..."
The young mage was clearly scared by the notion, very scared.

There can be transplants and we're working on a full living change of avatar, from a person to another. And of course, this vampire blood can poison an avatar and make IT addict, not just now but for all lives to come in the future.

"I was told vampire blood was bad for mages and to never go near a vampire...it can poison...us? Poison our magick?"
Andrew asked sounding horrified.
"You can take and Avatar and put it in another person? Do...do that mean they can be stolen?"
The boy muttered sounding scared now, he was just a teenager after all and you where discussing rather gruesome things.

One's really vulnerable, just in the soul.

"Yeah I...I guess so Sir..."
The boy muttered softly looking both scared and confused now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 05, 2017 6:52 am

"Specters are ghosts, they are what we...fight not to be...the ones who are nothing but destruction and pain."
Mrs Tilder muttered. "Why would they want not to exist, who would want not to exist? That makes no sense."

"Some are born with this desire, and some go through a process...which changes their very spirit to wish for that end."

Rosario looked up from her looting and glanced at the mess on the floor.
"Sorry..." She muttered softly.

"There is nothing to apologize for, it happens to the best of us. But it should be taken care of," he said. Then he looked down at the pawn, now under a blanket and frowned a bit. He said to Crexia, "I am not sure what might be done about it or if we have the time, but he did see us, if briefly." True, quite quickly after that he was rolling around the floor in sheer agony, but he had learned about leaving people behind after nearly dying thanks to June's recovery.

"Thank you," he said, and then nodded as the area felt better.

He nodded, mind already beginning to form the semblances of ideas, options, alternatives, "Yes... The car would form a strong bond between the two, a mighty sympathic link... Mind if I take it? Our Chakravanti friend might be able to use it to put the poor lady to rest..."

"I have a feeling it is important also. How else might she know that he was here when she was killed somewhere else? There had to be something that drew her. Just be careful as such a thing works both ways," he said and offered him the keycharm.

The east hallway would be the next one coming up. Crexia held up her phone so you could see better.
"Did you get an idea Sodalis?"

"Assuming our intel was right, this over here could be a kitchen or other part of the residential area since these are the rooms. Around this hallway should be the mirror that the other Nephandi used and the water elemental might be around here unless he was given an order," he added.

...she nodded to herself and pointed at Mel's door. "There is two, simple lives in there, animals I think, probably pets, there is nothing alive in the other rooms that I can sense."

"Hm, if they were familiars they might have been injured," he thought out loud.

"It sounds like a heart," he said with a frown. "Though it might be the caul. Are we still not going to deal with..." he pointed at Matty's room and then put up a finger, for first. Then to answer his question, "It may take all we have to deal with her, if we get snuck up on or boxed in it could be trouble. You know, there are parts of the walls that...eat people, things. What if you fed it something it did not wish to digest? Perhaps not that tass directly as it might enjoy that," he mused.

"As for the patrol, well the Keeper of the Labyrinth are a more important target, the question is if she will take the lesser Nephandi with her if you can get her to come to us to attack...which would complicate matters."

"Wherever she is hiding, she has protectors," he said. Then, "Speculating, but if she is preparing some unwelcome ritual or building her defense, such an assault might interrupt her plans."

// np Anja, hope you are feeling better now.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri May 05, 2017 7:35 am

"I do not know about the purpose of the future and all of that...but I guess one day I will know what I will do when I get initiated and are an adult in the eyes of the Traditions..."
All that you have said is the purpose of future: hope, passion. Those are the reasons for we do here. You'll see. Tane said, smiling widely at such a display of naive purity.

"Ehm...yeah Sir you have to speak with my Mentor about that. I am not against doing my part for the Chantry but there is a limit to what I can do yet...I have not been a mage that long you know."
He's not on a state of mind to heed me nor i am anyone to tell him how to train his apprentice, but you should know when you hear tales of what happened last night that what i did did not require magick, but skill. We're still human and we bleed. Tane said, sure that the boy would understand once told about the happenings of the night.

my Mentor explained it to me the night they came for Beatrice Alexander, the night we where told she is a widderslainte
She has been branded, like cattle. They attempted to murder her avatar, but she resists, and even like this, she's cleaning herself:
her avatar is cleaning herself. I am helping her in all ways i can, and i belive she'll be the key to deliver a killing blow to the nephandi.

that is...so terrifying I mean it is the most important thing in any mage's life...it...is horrible."
It is. I'm also helping a girl that went through the cauls, tot he trials to turn into a nephandi to prevent her mentor to be gilguled.
Such couraje is now being probably going to be punished with gilgul. I hope you remember this for the moment you grow in power and knowledge and understand that this cannot always be the way.

Do...do that mean they can be stolen?"
It's an idea, no one has ever tried it as far as i know, but if it's possible and there is enough power... i suppose it's posible. Even so,
i suspect it would mean there are a lot of ways it could go wrong in a stolen avatar situation, so much that i doubt it would be possible to use it,
probably the only thing you can actually do there is to steal and kidnap it, if not outright gilgul it.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 05, 2017 9:26 am

"Some are born with this desire, and some go through a process...which changes their very spirit to wish for that end."

"That is horrible...I pity those who become like that or are born this way."
The ghost muttered with sympathy in her voice as her kinder nigher struggled through for a moment, but she did not stay surfaced and she was pushed down by her darker alter ego quickly enough.
"My son was not this...you murdered my son...you murdered him!"
She screamed.

"There is nothing to apologize for, it happens to the best of us. But it should be taken care of," he said.

Rosario nodded she still looked a bit guilty and she gave Colin a grateful nod when he cast as spell on the mess to take away it's arcane connections to her.
"Thank you Sir."
She muttered to Colin.

Then he looked down at the pawn, now under a blanket and frowned a bit. He said to Crexia, "I am not sure what might be done about it or if we have the time, but he did see us, if briefly." True, quite quickly after that he was rolling around the floor in sheer agony, but he had learned about leaving people behind after nearly dying thanks to June's recovery.

"If it was just up tome Sodalis I would kill this man as well...but the risk of dissent in the group at his murder is grater than the risk of him being a problem if he should wake up."
The old Archmaga said and glanced at Rosario, the young Cultist needed to think she could save...someone, anyone...
"But as for his seeing our faces, that I can do something about."
She said and knelt down by the pawn's side, not seeming to mind the blood that was pouring out of the wound in his back and she put a hand on his forehead and muttered a few words.
"There he will not remember anything from the last hour, which is probably a mercy."
The archmage said and stood and wiped of her shirt as good as she could while she frowned.

"Assuming our intel was right, this over here could be a kitchen or other part of the residential area since these are the rooms. Around this hallway should be the mirror that the other Nephandi used and the water elemental might be around here unless he was given an order," he added.

"Hum...that elemental might be a problem unless we can manage to talk it down."
Crexia said.
"As for the rooms, I agree, this might be kitchens or the rec room or more private bedrooms."
She agreed.

"Hm, if they were familiars they might have been injured," he thought out loud.

"Hum...we need to check that, familiars will be injured by their owner's death but they can still be powerful, magical creatures, we need to make sure they are not going to come at us...let us hope they are just pets."
Udella said and frowned.
"I will take care of it Quesitor."
Leon said as he headed for Mel's room.

"It sounds like a heart," he said with a frown. "Though it might be the caul. Are we still not going to deal with..." he pointed at Matty's room and then put up a finger, for first.

"I doubt it is the Caul, that would be in the center of the the structure...a heart or some other mass of the Labyrinth creature though, that might be up ahead."
Crexia said then she looked at you and nodded.
"Yes, our job it to take out threats so our other teams do not have to deal with them, she is to dangerous to let live."

Then to answer his question, "It may take all we have to deal with her, if we get snuck up on or boxed in it could be trouble. You know, there are parts of the walls that...eat people, things. What if you fed it something it did not wish to digest? Perhaps not that tass directly as it might enjoy that," he mused.

"Well I would rather fight with my back to the portal back to physical reality than to get locked in between Cotta, the patrols and Caryle's Avatar, if we can get her to the first chamber it would be a ideal place to fight her, away from the major mass of the flesh on the walls and in a place of our choosing, what I am having some doubts about however are if we are able to get here to leave the safety of the deeper parts to defend the outskirts of the Labyrinth creature."
Crexia muttered.
"How do we know what the walls do not like to eat Sir?"
Rosario asked.
"Well I suspect they would not be to fond of a bomb of Vim and Ignem."
Udella chimed in.

"Wherever she is hiding, she has protectors," he said. Then, "Speculating, but if she is preparing some unwelcome ritual or building her defense, such an assault might interrupt her plans."

"Well if I where running this Labyrinth then I would make sure that woman where as protected as I could get her, so yes she will have protectors, let us assume Abigail is not stupid."
Crexia said and she ignored James muttering something about just how scary of an idea it was to have Crexia lead a Labyrinth.
"True she might be planning some ritual...I guess then Sodalis it all boil down to just how aggravating your Cabalmate can be? If he think he can manage to get Cotta to the hallway where we fought the werbears and by that disrupt her plans, I am willing to give that plan a god to divide the Nephandi and not walk right into where we might have to deal with both Cotta and Carlyle on their own terms."
The archmmage continued then she looked at Colin.

(OOC: A little thank you. )
(OOC 2: Yes indeed how aggravating can Colin be? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 05, 2017 9:42 am

All that you have said is the purpose of future: hope, passion. Those are the reasons for we do here. You'll see. Tane said, smiling widely at such a display of naive purity.

Andrew looked at you for a moment, still puzzled not really getting what you where saying and he scratched his head a bit.
"Ehm...if you say so Sir..."

He's not on a state of mind to heed me nor i am anyone to tell him how to train his apprentice, but you should know when you hear tales of what happened last night that what i did did not require magick, but skill. We're still human and we bleed. Tane said, sure that the boy would understand once told about the happenings of the night.

"I know one do not always need magick to fight Sir, even if it is a boon. Guns, weapons or just fists can do allot. But I have no training in that, I am to be a linguist and a librarian so if you need someone talked to death about old dead languages I am your man, but in a fight I fear I might not be that helpful, though of course I do my part, we all do."
Andrew said and sigh.
"I heard that some of those captured folks got rescued last night, including an Marauder, and old Etheirte and a Quesitor."
He said eager for more news and details about what was happening.

She has been branded, like cattle. They attempted to murder her avatar, but she resists, and even like this, she's cleaning herself:
her avatar is cleaning herself. I am helping her in all ways i can, and i belive she'll be the key to deliver a killing blow to the nephandi.

"It must hurt...to have one's Avatar marked like that. I mean that is why Paradox hurt right, when you get to much of it at once, it is stored in your soul and it is sensitive."
The boy said his eyes wide with fright.
"I...sat with Miss Alexander for a little while when all the others that care for her was busy, she was so...hurt, in so much pain, it was horrible to see. I do hope she will be alright."
He said and then he looked down.
"Master Morgan have a new apprentice, he is a widderslainte to, he is locked up for now but he is just a kid, two years younger than me. I was asked to talk with him, I guess they thought a friend his own age might cheer him up and I mean he is just like me...just a normal kid, we played cards and talked, and...he is scared...they might take his Avatar to, unless Master Morgan can help him, that is so fucked up...ehm sorry for swearing Sir."
The boy muttered apologetically.
"I can not imagine how scared he must be."

It is. I'm also helping a girl that went through the cauls, tot he trials to turn into a nephandi to prevent her mentor to be gilguled.
Such couraje is now being probably going to be punished with gilgul. I hope you remember this for the moment you grow in power and knowledge and understand that this cannot always be the way.

"I...well the idea that you can destroy a part of someone's soul, take their magick away it is horrible, I would not want that to happen to anyone."
Andrew said and looked down.
"But if the Council is doing it, they must have a good reason right? I mean they are so old and they know so much, they have to know what they are doing?"
He muttered the conversation obviously making him uneasy.

It's an idea, no one has ever tried it as far as i know, but if it's possible and there is enough power... i suppose it's posible. Even so,
i suspect it would mean there are a lot of ways it could go wrong in a stolen avatar situation, so much that i doubt it would be possible to use it,
probably the only thing you can actually do there is to steal and kidnap it, if not outright gilgul it.

"That is really fu...messed up, to kidnap someone else's Avatar, then again fiction is full of stories of one mage stealing the magic of another, so perhaps it is possible, but if so it is really, really scary. I mean the thought of...that...of all of it, the idea one might loose one's magick that gives me nightmares. I know I would not want to live without it."
The boy said and shook his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next