Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 23 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Yeah, also i got to give word if i'm taking what mine call Custos to them. Tane said, caressing the rat behind the ears In other matters, what did you do with the pieces of mana i gave you? Tane asked Coawa. That might have been the reason why the house was being watched

Ok then, tell the doctor i'll be there in a couple of hours.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 23 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 am

Tane:

Yeah, also i got to give word if i'm taking what mine call Custos to them. Tane said, caressing the rat behind the ears

Strawberry stopped gnawing on the reddish she had liberated from the vegetable bowl and lifted her head so you could scratch her under the chin and chittered happily. Alessa gave a nod.
"That seams fair enough Tane for you to let your allies know when we will be dropping by...I am not so sure about Custos though do not that mean servant or guardian?"
The Ananasi asked.
"The only one I serve is my Queen."

In other matters, what did you do with the pieces of mana i gave you? Tane asked Coawa. That might have been the reason why the house was being watched

"You told me to get rid of it, so I burned it."
Coawa said simply.
"I made a fire in an old barrel out back."

Serge:

"You heathens! Vanilla is clearly superior to all others." Serge declared in a joking manner.

The young mages giggled at that.
"Well lucky for you that I have vanilla then Serge."
Rosa said sounding amused.

Serge did as he was told and joined the the young girls as they cleaned up the room and prepared the table. He retrieved plates, glasses, and soda from the fridge and placed them on the table.

He arranged the plates and glasses around the table as artistically as he could hoping to make the mundane act of eating Pizza much more fancy to suit the princess loving girls.

Rosa came over and put the pizza on the table.
"Fancy plate setting Cousin."
She said and smiled.
"Well then dig in people, this half here are the vegetarian one Yu Die."
The Cultist said and the young Akashic took a slice from that side and said.
"Thank you Ma'am."
Rosa smiled and sat down.
"Well than folks let's eat."

Nicole:

You continued to fire right into the Fallen Technoamancer's shield and again you saw some smoke coming out of his device and he hissed and gave you a look that said he wanted to filet you but all he could do was try to keep his shield going and he was starting to look rather desperate.

Again you saw a tentacle come out of the wall and attack one of the mages but she stepped out of the way. More bullets where exchanged and the woman who just escaped the tentacle chanted something in that horrible screeching language of the Nephandi but Antonio wrote something in his book and apparently countered her effect. The last of the three Fallen mages took several crystals out of his pocket and begun to place them gently on the floor in a pattern.

Thorn where tending to the wounded woman on your side that you did not know the name of yet, Darrian where still mixing something and Antonio where writing something and keeping the kinetic shield going, the rest where mostly shooting at the Nephandi, the bullets being stopped by whatever the man with the disc where doing but then one bullet got through, it was shot by Arn, Darrian's apprentice and it hit one of the pawns right in the chest killing the woman instantly, the man with the disc hissed again your efforts where weakening his shield and keeping him to istracted to repair his device and he was as a result not a happy Nephandus.

(OOC: Not a problem you both found some great links.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:14 pm

"Hum when you put it that way Colin...you may actually be right."
Dalisse said and frowned.
"I guess cleaning up these churches become more important then."
Colin nodded, "And once the corrupt preachers are ousted, and a measure of piety and sincerity is once more the cornerstone of faith, we can start dealing with the anti-religious problems..."

"Well those who do not deny the existence of the spiritual and supernatural would be fine."
Dalisse said.
"It is a movement that oppose all spirituality that worry me, and very often you see this group strongly oppose everyone with any supernatural or spiritual belief trying to brow beat and ridicule anyone their view of science have not declared to be in the right."
He nodded, "Those are a nuisance... but for now, they remain little more than that, so long as they do not base their arguments and appeals on empirical or rational evidence. For now."

"I do not think you have to fear it being a prediction Colin, it is just that my ship do not always understand the world around him and he thought your machine was you when you communicated with him...but yes in a way we all grow and evolve so in that way we are all podlings."
The Handler muttered weakly.
He nodded, "Now rest a little... Keep an eye out for any approaching threats, and let me know when the battle at the entryway calms down..."
He sat there, on the edge of the bed, and patted her hand lightly.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:20 pm

Tane:

Ok then, tell the doctor i'll be there in a couple of hours.

"Sure thing." Serge said to Tane.

Looking back at Dr. Lee, Serge repeated what Tane had told him. "Mr. Karyak said he'll be here in a couple of hours."

Rosa came over and put the pizza on the table.
"Fancy plate setting Cousin."
She said and smiled.
"Well then dig in people, this half here are the vegetarian one Yu Die."
The Cultist said and the young Akashic took a slice from that side and said.
"Thank you Ma'am."
Rosa smiled and sat down.
"Well than folks let's eat."

"Yeah let's go!" Serge said excitedly with a single clap of his hands, as if he was doing something a lot more exciting than eating pizza.

He began to eat alongside everyone, opting for the more meatier slices of pizza. As he ate he entertained the group with the random thoughts that came into his head.

"I've always wondered. If a monster was made entirely out of pizza, just like...an entire pizza with legs that just attacked you, would you be able to beat him by eating him?" Serge said randomly out of no where.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "And once the corrupt preachers are ousted, and a measure of piety and sincerity is once more the cornerstone of faith, we can start dealing with the anti-religious problems..."

Dalisse did not look completely convinced but she sigh and nodded.
"Perhaps, though I fear the Union might have won by then."

He nodded, "Those are a nuisance... but for now, they remain little more than that, so long as they do not base their arguments and appeals on empirical or rational evidence. For now."

"The problem are there are more and more of them every day and they harden the Consensus against magick, so they are more than a nuisance for mages they are dangerous."

He nodded, "Now rest a little... Keep an eye out for any approaching threats, and let me know when the battle at the entryway calms down..."
He sat there, on the edge of the bed, and patted her hand lightly.

"I...will do so...there is no...change for now...they are just...having at it with one another...and getting nowhere."

Serge:

"Sure thing." Serge said to Tane.

Looking back at Dr. Lee, Serge repeated what Tane had told him. "Mr. Karyak said he'll be here in a couple of hours."

Richard nodded at that.
"Very well I will let the Templar know when she wakes up, tank you Mr Yager."

"Yeah let's go!" Serge said excitedly with a single clap of his hands, as if he was doing something a lot more exciting than eating pizza.

He began to eat alongside everyone, opting for the more meatier slices of pizza. As he ate he entertained the group with the random thoughts that came into his head.

"I've always wondered. If a monster was made entirely out of pizza, just like...an entire pizza with legs that just attacked you, would you be able to beat him by eating him?" Serge said randomly out of no where.

The others helped themselves to food. Yu Die raised an eyebrow and she neatly ate her pizza slice with a knife and fork.
"It would be the same as with anything alive I would assume Sir, if you are actually able to eat a man who are attacking you then yes that will defeat him, but he is not likely to stand still and let you do that so there are undoubtedly more effective methods to take someone down."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:12 pm

The others helped themselves to food. Yu Die raised an eyebrow and she neatly ate her pizza slice with a knife and fork.
"It would be the same as with anything alive I would assume Sir, if you are actually able to eat a man who are attacking you then yes that will defeat him, but he is not likely to stand still and let you do that so there are undoubtedly more effective methods to take someone down."

"I just think it'd be funny." Serge said not taking the question as seriously as Yu Die was.

"Pizza monster pretending to be all serious and scary and out of no where you just start eating him. I think I saw that in a cartoon once...."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole continued to move and fire, concentrating on the technomancer.

[Attempting 'Deadaim' if needs be].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Yeah, they seem not to understand another term for friends and guests, so... Tane frowned at it I have had a fight over it, but ok, it's their name and nothing else. I belive and regard you only as my ally, friend and companion. I prefer to think that Custos means that,
companion.

Ah, well, i was thinking on using the ashes to make a warpaint to protect them werewolves from nephandic magic, use the mana of it as a vinculum. Do you think they'll appreciate it, even though it probably will smell of the Qyirl?

Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Serge:

"I just think it'd be funny." Serge said not taking the question as seriously as Yu Die was.

"Pizza monster pretending to be all serious and scary and out of no where you just start eating him. I think I saw that in a cartoon once...."

The younger girls seamed a bit amused by your idea of a pizza monster, however Rosa and Yu Die still looked rather skeptical they ate some pizza though.
"Where you a part of a Cabal at your old Chantry Cousin?"
Rosa asked.
"Before you moved to Steelhaven?"

Nicole:

Nicole continued to move and fire, concentrating on the technomancer.

You fired of a new round into the Technomancer's shield, and you could allmost see it weakening as the disc like device got more and more strained, then the woman with her crystal put the last stone of her grid down, and then Antonio gave a cry and fell to the ground, blood running out of his ears and nose, he was stillalive but where seizuring on the floor.
"Shit!"
Thorn exclaimed and then a bullet hit him in the leg, it just graced him, he had cut himself worse during his blood magick but it showed one disturbing thing, the Scribe's shield where down, your group where exposed, while the Nephandi where still protected even if the Technoancer's shield where weakened. Darrian swore softly and threw his potion, a wall that looked like it was made of the purest of ice rose up of the floor and reached the roof.
"It is not going to hold for long we need their kinetic shield down now"
The Alchemist yelled.
"Don't look at me Master Haagen that is not my department."
Thorn said as he quickly knelt by Antonio's side, he bared his left arm and begun to carve runes into his own flesh.
"I just try to keep the rest of you alive while you fight."
The Verbena healer commented.

Tane:

Yeah, they seem not to understand another term for friends and guests, so... Tane frowned at it I have had a fight over it, but ok, it's their name and nothing else. I belive and regard you only as my ally, friend and companion. I prefer to think that Custos means that,
companion.

Alessa looked at you for a moment then she smiled slightly.
"I guess we have become so yes, friends and allies, strange as it may be."
The werspider said.
"As for the other mages I guess each supernatural society tend to be rather narrow minded towards those not of their own kind."

Ah, well, i was thinking on using the ashes to make a warpaint to protect them werewolves from nephandic magic, use the mana of it as a vinculum. Do you think they'll appreciate it, even though it probably will smell of the Qyirl?

"I have never met a werewolf, the spirts who taught me to change told me that once they hunted us all, Alessa's kind, Strawberry's and others, and that they are haugthy and arrogant, but that they are also strong, powerful warriors who fight with honor, a quality they value above practicality for some reason, and that they hate the Qyrl allmost as much as we do. I know I would not use a Qyrl tainted thing, no matter how powerful and useful, I would not touch it not even to save my own life, or my mother's life or even yours brother. I would not let the Qyrl have any part of me, and I doubt the werewolves will want to use anything tainted bythe Qyrl either."
Coawa said.
"If they are anything like us."
Alessa nodded at that.
"I have to agree with the fish here, the fluffballs are not going to want something tainted by the Wyrm..."
She said and Coawa growled at her for calling him a fish.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 pm

The younger girls seamed a bit amused by your idea of a pizza monster, however Rosa and Yu Die still looked rather skeptical they ate some pizza though.
"Where you a part of a Cabal at your old Chantry Cousin?"
Rosa asked.
"Before you moved to Steelhaven?"

"Me? No not at all." Serge answered as he took another healthy bite of pizza. "Always thought it'd be cool though. Being a part of a cool group of mages all with a common goal. Helping each other and protecting the chantry from danger."

Serge tilted his head to the side as he though a little bit more about the question. "But I was too busy learning magick and doing chores for my mentor. Guess I never really seeked it out."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:34 pm

"Well I am not in a Cabal yet and often apprentices do not join one before they are initiated though some do."
Rosa said as she nibbled on her pizza slice.
"I am looking forward to joining a Cabal though, I think that could be nice, to have some really close friens to work with you know."
The young Cultist said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 pm

The problem here is that as they bend reality, most of them just become superbeings, capable of eternal life, but not capable of changing their ideas as they don't want to. That brings the stagnation of our elders and our society. Shameful. Tane said regarding his monstruous group.

Then we better purify it. What can we bring, then, as a toll
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:12 pm

"Well I am not in a Cabal yet and often apprentices do not join one before they are initiated though some do."
Rosa said as she nibbled on her pizza slice.
"I am looking forward to joining a Cabal though, I think that could be nice, to have some really close friens to work with you know."
The young Cultist said.

"Mr. Wainwright said I'd be a good fit in his cabal....as a cheerleader mascot." Serge said with a chuckle.

"What would you name your Cabal if the choice was up to you? Honestly I'd go for something cool sounding like the League of United Mages Preventing Yodeling. L.U.M.P.Y for short." he said laughing at his rather long-winded attempt at a joke.

"But seriously what would you name you Cabal? Musical Mages?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Tane:

The problem here is that as they bend reality, most of them just become superbeings, capable of eternal life, but not capable of changing their ideas as they don't want to. That brings the stagnation of our elders and our society. Shameful. Tane said regarding his monstruous group.

"That is the challenge for everyone, regular human or some sort of supernatural, to be able to learn and evolve and not become set in ones ways."
Alessa said and nodded.

Then we better purify it. What can we bring, then, as a toll

"Ehm...yeah sure, how do we purity it brother? Right now it is just ash in the back yard."
Coawa said then he shrugged.
"We could get them some fish, that makes for good eating, but really other than that I am not sure what we have that would be a fitting gift."
The Rokea said.

Serge:

"Mr. Wainwright said I'd be a good fit in his cabal....as a cheerleader mascot." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I am sure you would do a good job as more than just a mascot Cousin, and Mr Wainwright's Cabal is full of rather nice people so I am sure they would be good to you if you joined them."
Rosa said and smiled.

"What would you name your Cabal if the choice was up to you? Honestly I'd go for something cool sounding like the League of United Mages Preventing Yodeling. L.U.M.P.Y for short." he said laughing at his rather long-winded attempt at a joke.

"But seriously what would you name you Cabal? Musical Mages?"

"Well unless all the others in my Cabal where also musicians naming it something like that would be sort of selfish, the point is that one is a group, and the name should reflect the identify of the Cabal as a group, it should show a joint purpose."
Rosa said as she nibbled on her food.
"Therefore it is hard to think up some name when I do not know who my Cabal will be and what our purpose would be, sure I can come up with random names that would sound cool, but to me that is not the point, the point is to find someone to form a bond with, and then find a name that fit the essence of that bond together."
The young Cultist explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 am

"I am sure you would do a good job as more than just a mascot Cousin, and Mr Wainwright's Cabal is full of rather nice people so I am sure they would be good to you if you joined them."
Rosa said and smiled.

"Yeah I've heard of some of the people in that Cabal. Mr. Roth Hicks, Dr. Lee, Mr Karyak, and so many other interesting people. I'm pretty sure their all amazing mages." Serge said admiringly. "It'd be awesome to be in a Cabal like that."

"Well unless all the others in my Cabal where also musicians naming it something like that would be sort of selfish, the point is that one is a group, and the name should reflect the identify of the Cabal as a group, it should show a joint purpose."
Rosa said as she nibbled on her food.
"Therefore it is hard to think up some name when I do not know who my Cabal will be and what our purpose would be, sure I can come up with random names that would sound cool, but to me that is not the point, the point is to find someone to form a bond with, and then find a name that fit the essence of that bond together."
The young Cultist explained.

"Yeah that's true. It would probably make more sense to know who was in your Cabal and understand that bond that you have before naming it. Still you can come up with a name. Just for fun." Serge said taking large bites out of his pizza.

"And What about you girls? What would you name your Cabals and what would your goal be?" Serge asked the younger girls, not wanting to leave them out.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:30 am

Anja's Post:

'Awww... fuck!' Nicole exclaimed, reloading her rifle. 'Anyone got anything which can punch through that fucking shield?' taking a quick look to the others. Biting her lip, then spitting out the fragment of tissue. Options narrowing, all of which she really didn't like or were a non-starter.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:33 am

Serge:

"Yeah I've heard of some of the people in that Cabal. Mr. Roth Hicks, Dr. Lee, Mr Karyak, and so many other interesting people. I'm pretty sure their all amazing mages." Serge said admiringly. "It'd be awesome to be in a Cabal like that."

"Mr Roth Hicks is a bit of a ehm...stickler for the rules, I guess he have to be considering he is the Chief's apprentice and he can be a bit formal and reserved but you will find no one who fight harder to protect the Chantry and his friends. Dr Lee can seam a bit aloof but he is a good doctor and very kind, Mr Karyak I do not think I have met yet. Mr Sherman is dutiful but prefer the company of his computer to that of people it seams, Mr King is a good man, and a brilliant artificer but he is shy, even if he look like a tower he generally do not like crowds or talking to much, Mr Wainwright is kind and funny and have a tendency for unusual ideas and Miss Alexander..."
Rosa hesitated.
"She is so sweet, not much older than me and kind, you would never have believed...well anyway she is a blood witch and a skilled healer, she is also the apprentice of one of the Deacons though and are very much aware of her duty."

"Yeah that's true. It would probably make more sense to know who was in your Cabal and understand that bond that you have before naming it. Still you can come up with a name. Just for fun." Serge said taking large bites out of his pizza.

"I can come up with a combination of sounds but it would not matter much you know unless there where something to name. I would probably go for something not to obvious though and perhaps something in Latin, I mean I do not speak the language but it sounds somewhat exotic."
Rosa said which made Jade, Cava and Liv giggle.

"And What about you girls? What would you name your Cabals and what would your goal be?" Serge asked the younger girls, not wanting to leave them out.

"I would like my Cabal to help people. I want to be a doctor."
Jane sand and Yu Die nodded.
"I to would like to help others, that seam to me to be a good reason to have these powers, so perhaps White Healers..."
The Akashic suggested and Liv said something and Jane translated.
"Liv says she will probably be a member of a war Cabal one day so any name with gladii...sword in it perhaps."
She said and Cava giggled.
"Rosea Sapientia"
That made Jane and Liv laugh.

Nicole:

'Awww... fuck!' Nicole exclaimed, reloading her rifle. 'Anyone got anything which can punch through that fucking shield?' taking a quick look to the others. Biting her lip, then spitting out the fragment of tissue. Options narrowing, all of which she really didn't like or were a non-starter.

"I can try to...do something about that machine but I know nothing about such devices, do you know anything, would it be affected by chance and decay the same way a normal machine would?"
Darrian asked you.
"Do you work with such devices yourself Miss Bouchard, is there any chance that if we can get the Technomancer distracted then the simple rote Slay Machine can do anything? And if the machine go will his effect go as well?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:01 am

"Mr Roth Hicks is a bit of a ehm...stickler for the rules, I guess he have to be considering he is the Chief's apprentice and he can be a bit formal and reserved but you will find no one who fight harder to protect the Chantry and his friends. Dr Lee can seam a bit aloof but he is a good doctor and very kind, Mr Karyak I do not think I have met yet. Mr Sherman is dutiful but prefer the company of his computer to that of people it seams, Mr King is a good man, and a brilliant artificer but he is shy, even if he look like a tower he generally do not like crowds or talking to much, Mr Wainwright is kind and funny and have a tendency for unusual ideas and Miss Alexander..."
Rosa hesitated.
"She is so sweet, not much older than me and kind, you would never have believed...well anyway she is a blood witch and a skilled healer, she is also the apprentice of one of the Deacons though and are very much aware of her duty."

"I haven't met Mr. Sherman, Mr King, or Miss Alexander yet. Mr. King sounds kinda like me when I was younger, except a lot cooler. I can't make cool gizmos and gadgets." Serge said imagining Mr. King being a buff man surrounded by whirring gizmos. "Mr. Sherman as well. Although I'm pretty sure I haven't been in front of a computer for as long as a Virtual Adept though."

"From what I've heard about Miss Alexander we would've gotten along. Or have been bitter rivals. Depends on what happens when two artists meet." Serge said noticing Rosa's hesitation when mentioning Beatrice's name. The same sort of hesitation that Dr. Lee had shown. Once again Serge was compelled to ask about what happened but stopped not wanting to discuss that would simply bring the mood down.  

"I can come up with a combination of sounds but it would not matter much you know unless there where something to name. I would probably go for something not to obvious though and perhaps something in Latin, I mean I do not speak the language but it sounds somewhat exotic."
Rosa said which made Jade, Cava and Liv giggle.

"That's always my go-to naming language. Everything sounds better in Latin. I mean you could say Fire Lion like a boring person. Or you could say Leo Ignis like a cool wizard and impress everyone around you." Serge said with a smile.

"I would like my Cabal to help people. I want to be a doctor."
Jane sand and Yu Die nodded.
"I to would like to help others, that seam to me to be a good reason to have these powers, so perhaps White Healers..."
The Akashic suggested and Liv said something and Jane translated.
"Liv says she will probably be a member of a war Cabal one day so any name with gladii...sword in it perhaps."
She said and Cava giggled.
"Rosea Sapientia"
That made Jane and Liv laugh.

"Those are all awesome names. Especially to 'Pink Wisdom' over there." Serge said glancing at his phone and quickly translating what Cava had said.

"How many people would you want in your Cabal? Would you allow as many people as you wanted or limit the number of people who could join. Would their be any requirements before people could join?" he asked wanting to keep the girls engaged.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:11 am

Jeffry opened the door and stepped through, you saw a lab much like the one you had already been in, there where white counters, cabinets with supplies, a chair for patients to sit in and machines for analysis, and then you stepped in and you started to hear soft whimpers of pain. In one part of the room five men and woman where hun from the roof with hooks through their ankles...

He wasn't sure what to have expected, certainly not better than he was seeing. But it was still disturbing to see still-living people hung like cattle on meathooks, being drained of their life right in front of his eyes. His eyes scanned past them and around the rest of the room to find the man responsible and anything else that might be important, like exits or other rooms. There he was, napping, interrupted from his hideous work. Ange's voice cut through with instructions and prompting them to get on with what they needed to do.

"I am Polly I am Jace as well, I am when he sleeps, I am my security system, leave and bother me no more and you will get to live if you do not I will strengthen myself on your flesh!"

But he should have known (did highly suspect) that it wouldn't be that easy - as a shape emerged from a shadowy corner, he frowned, searching the area and trying to figure out what it was. It seemed Jace's own sleeping mind had a guardian of sorts, perhaps another of those oil spirit things? The personality of it was disconcerting, the others that had attacked the chantry did not seem to have a discrete personality or name that they knew (though he could have been wrong). And this one sounded hungry, which did not bode well. His first thought was to freeze her, something with a slimy material form may have a tough time if it became fragile and brittle. But if it was part of his mind, he might end up destroying or damaging that part and if that didn’t kill him outright it might make him effectively brain damaged. Second thought was getting the serum into Jace pronto - but that may not shut down the current manifestation in progress. It might disturb her connection to him, but it would count as an attack and provoke her. thoughts flickered around in his head like flashes as he watched the others for signs of what they were going to do so he could back their plays. After all, there was really no choice – they had to take Jace out of the picture somehow. That would mean disarming this 'security system' in one way or another.

// sorry got wiped out from new job : ) Sorry if post is lackluster - also who has the dosage of the serum, I know it's not Adley, does he know who?

ooc2: Serge's comment about fire lion reminds me of this: (to which the reply is, iirc, Xander put the book down, lol) https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/b6/3d/4cb63d1628406bec32bff496af80ec10.jpg

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:40 am

i would have belived that being a spider and following the weaver you'd be more fond of the eternal structures. She made us like that, right?

As to purify that, I'm sever it's connection with anything so that it is clean and nothing more, and about the toll, I was thinking on making something like a collar with your spare teeth and my hair to protect them from our magic
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am

Dalisse did not look completely convinced but she sigh and nodded.
"Perhaps, though I fear the Union might have won by then."
Colin shrugged slightly, "Perhaps it is so impossible a task... but cutting off the supply of people who reject Faith on account of all the wrongdoings on behalf of Religion is necessary, too... and of course, priorities may yet shift."

"The problem are there are more and more of them every day and they harden the Consensus against magick, so they are more than a nuisance for mages they are dangerous."
He nodded, "True enough, but the sincerely convinced hardliners still seem to be a minority - and not even the most vocal minority at that."

"I...will do so...there is no...change for now...they are just...having at it with one another...and getting nowhere."
He nodded and sat there in silence, waiting.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 am

Tane:

i would have belived that being a spider and following the weaver you'd be more fond of the eternal structures. She made us like that, right?

"Yes but we still need to learn, and our eternal structures must in fact be eternal structures and not decay for what you describe is decay. What our Queen wants is a perfectly clear, perfect sea that never changes, not a stagnant pound full of rot."
Alessa said and raised an eyebrow.
"We are servants of the Weaver not the Wyrm."

As to purify that, I'm sever it's connection with anything so that it is clean and nothing more, and about the toll, I was thinking on making something like a collar with your spare teeth and my hair to protect them from our magic

"That is not a bad idea brother...I shed a few teeth earlier today I put them in that blue cup over there on top of the fridge."
Coawa said and pointed at a coffee cup.
"Is there anything I can help you with? Not that I am to good at crafting things...I mean the idea of having things are still somewhat alien to me."

Adley:

He wasn't sure what to have expected, certainly not better than he was seeing. But it was still disturbing to see still-living people hung like cattle on meathooks, being drained of their life right in front of his eyes. His eyes scanned past them and around the rest of the room to find the man responsible and anything else that might be important, like exits or other rooms. There he was, napping, interrupted from his hideous work. Ange's voice cut through with instructions and prompting them to get on with what they needed to do.

There where two doors in and out of the door to the room, the one your group had come in through and one in the back which might lead to a storage room, or perhaps a small bathroom as urine samples would be taken in labs like these and the patients would need privacy for that. Raven pulled a bottle of the green serum out of her pocket and she gave it a disgusted look.
"I will take care of restraining him, but damn is it not ironic a blood witch carrying around a technomantic potion, however this shit flows like syrup are you sure the shit can actually be infected into someone?"
The Verbena asked as she looked at the bottle with dismay.

But he should have known (did highly suspect) that it wouldn't be that easy - as a shape emerged from a shadowy corner, he frowned, searching the area and trying to figure out what it was. It seemed Jace's own sleeping mind had a guardian of sorts, perhaps another of those oil spirit things? The personality of it was disconcerting, the others that had attacked the chantry did not seem to have a discrete personality or name that they knew (though he could have been wrong). And this one sounded hungry, which did not bode well. His first thought was to freeze her, something with a slimy material form may have a tough time if it became fragile and brittle. But if it was part of his mind, he might end up destroying or damaging that part and if that didn’t kill him outright it might make him effectively brain damaged. Second thought was getting the serum into Jace pronto - but that may not shut down the current manifestation in progress. It might disturb her connection to him, but it would count as an attack and provoke her. thoughts flickered around in his head like flashes as he watched the others for signs of what they were going to do so he could back their plays. After all, there was really no choice – they had to take Jace out of the picture somehow. That would mean disarming this 'security system' in one way or another.

Ravenblood had a bottle of the serum at least, it made sense she would have some as a Etherite at Riverside knew how to make the foul stuff and Steelhaven bought it from him, the Verbena Adept did not seam to know how to use it though. Both Jeffry and Mara begun to immediately cast spells they did not work in Consert as such but they cast pretty much the same spell, Mara's plump fingers forming the old hand sigils for Vim and Perdo and your Mentor working the same with the modern sigils, the two old Hermetics where trying to banish the spirit girl. Adjan drew one of his daggers and got out in front of the two casting magi intent on protecting them until they had cast their magick, clearly thinking that the Masters had the best chance to take the spirit out so he might as well keep them safe while they worked. Duncan was no longer there instead a large brown and gray owl went for the spirit, flying around her, distracting her and it was clear that the oil girl was irritated with the owl and she reaches for him but missed. Raven looked at you and indicated the bottle of serum.
"Do we give him this shit and hope that thing is created by active magick or..."
And that is how far the Verbena came as the spirit rushed forward with disturbing speed, she pushed Adjan out of the way so hard that the Euthanathos flew into a nearby wall and sank to the ground stunned, the thing had terrible strength and it rushed the Verbena and punched an oily hand through her abdomen, grabbed her spine and ripped it out though the front of her body. Ravenblood did not even have the time to scream, you only saw a spray of blood and then the Verbena lay on the ground with most of her entrails and a good part of her spine outside of her body. Duncan though screamed, the owl gave a long, mournful cry as his Covenmate died.

"Fuck...get the serum give it to the bastard I will try to hold her of...if this thing is a manifestation of the asshole's mind then I might be able to do something."
Ange said she looked rather shocked Raven's blood where splattered all over her clothes and face.
"Hurry!"

(OOC: Your post is just fine Strife.)
(OOC 2: Don't speak Latin in front of the books Xander. Razz )

Serge:

"I haven't met Mr. Sherman, Mr King, or Miss Alexander yet. Mr. King sounds kinda like me when I was younger, except a lot cooler. I can't make cool gizmos and gadgets." Serge said imagining Mr. King being a buff man surrounded by whirring gizmos. "Mr. Sherman as well. Although I'm pretty sure I haven't been in front of a computer for as long as a Virtual Adept though."

"From what I've heard about Miss Alexander we would've gotten along. Or have been bitter rivals. Depends on what happens when two artists meet." Serge said noticing Rosa's hesitation when mentioning Beatrice's name. The same sort of hesitation that Dr. Lee had shown. Once again Serge was compelled to ask about what happened but stopped not wanting to discuss that would simply bring the mood down.

Rosa gave you a bit of an odd look.
"Why on earth would you become the ribal of Miss Alexander, do you thin that if ever someone with similar interests and skill sets meet they become rivals at once? Why would you think that Cousin? When I for example meet another musician we discuss our interest, intstruments, composters we might even play together, only if we where both trying to get the same job would we be rivals. Off course sometimes you meet someone you just do not like even if they have the same interests as you however generally when someone meet and their interests match they are more likely to become friends than rivals. This is not a TV show Serge where everyone in the regular cast have different skill sets and if ever a new character with a similar skill set as one of the main characters gets introduced it is to be their enemy and rival that is not how things work, would you not like a friend who also liked to draw?"
She said then she sigh.
"Your Mentor might not be to pleased if you became good fiends with Miss Alexander though."
She said and Jane looked up.
"They came at night and hurt Miss Alexander I am not supposed to now about that but I do, they came at night and by morning everyone looked uneasy and talked in hushed tones an stopped talking when they noticed me."
The little mage girl said and Rosa quickly tried to distract her by giving her another glass of soda.

"That's always my go-to naming language. Everything sounds better in Latin. I mean you could say Fire Lion like a boring person. Or you could say Leo Ignis like a cool wizard and impress everyone around you." Serge said with a smile.

Liv said something and Jane translated.
"Liv says she things English sound more exotic for naming something. I think it have to do with what language you actually knows Sir."
The little girl said.

"Those are all awesome names. Especially to 'Pink Wisdom' over there." Serge said glancing at his phone and quickly translating what Cava had said.

Cava gave you a big grin at that.

"How many people would you want in your Cabal? Would you allow as many people as you wanted or limit the number of people who could join. Would their be any requirements before people could join?" he asked wanting to keep the girls engaged.

"I think between three and ten our be best Sir that is many enough to be a group but few enough to be able to now and been good friends with each of them."
Jane said and Yu Die nodded.
"What about you Sir what would you prefer?"
The Akashic asked.

Colin:

Colin shrugged slightly, "Perhaps it is so impossible a task... but cutting off the supply of people who reject Faith on account of all the wrongdoings on behalf of Religion is necessary, too... and of course, priorities may yet shift."

"You may be right Colin but the situation worry me, how much sleepers slowly, day by day stop believing in magick, this will give more Paradox and fewer mages."

He nodded, "True enough, but the sincerely convinced hardliners still seem to be a minority - and not even the most vocal minority at that."

"Well yes it could be that the ones who make the most noise are few and make their group seam bigger due to the amount of noise they make this is indeed possible."
Dalisse said and sigh.

He nodded and sat there in silence, waiting.

You sat there with Dalisse who softly moaned in pain in her bed though she was calmer now, then your phone rang, you could see from the caller ID that it was Bruce who where calling.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Rosa gave you a bit of an odd look.
"Why on earth would you become the ribal of Miss Alexander, do you thin that if ever someone with similar interests and skill sets meet they become rivals at once? Why would you think that Cousin? When I for example meet another musician we discuss our interest, intstruments, composters we might even play together, only if we where both trying to get the same job would we be rivals. Off course sometimes you meet someone you just do not like even if they have the same interests as you however generally when someone meet and their interests match they are more likely to become friends than rivals. This is not a TV show Serge where everyone in the regular cast have different skill sets and if ever a new character with a similar skill set as one of the main characters gets introduced it is to be their enemy and rival that is not how things work, would you not like a friend who also liked to draw?"
She said then she sigh.

"Competition breeds creativity." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Your taking it the wrong way. A little friendly competition never hurts anyone and we could still be friends. It's just for fun and talking about drawing is boring. I'd rather we show each other what we could do."

Serge took another bite of his pizza before saying, "And don't say life isn't a tv show. Art imitates life and life imitates art. You'd be surprised how many tropes you find in reality when you look for them."

As an avid watcher of tv, Serge felt personally attacked by the statement.

"Your Mentor might not be to pleased if you became good fiends with Miss Alexander though."
She said and Jane looked up.

"What, why?" Serge asked nervously. He couldn't think of any good reason why Ange would dislike him being friends with any mage. For the better part of five years Ange had encouraged Serge to make as many friends as possible.  

"I think between three and ten our be best Sir that is many enough to be a group but few enough to be able to now and been good friends with each of them."
Jane said and Yu Die nodded.
"What about you Sir what would you prefer?"
The Akashic asked.

"I always thought four or five would be best. Maybe six but ten seems like a bit much. If their is too many people than it'll be harder for the cabal to agree on anything." Serge said giving his opinion.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:19 pm

"Competition breeds creativity." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Your taking it the wrong way. A little friendly competition never hurts anyone and we could still be friends. It's just for fun and talking about drawing is boring. I'd rather we show each other what we could do."

"Well it was you who said you would not have gotten along with Miss Alexander Serge that you would be rivals that do not sound like friendly competition to me for yeah friendly competition can be fun and helpful but that do not mean one is not getting along."
Rosa said and raised and eyebrow.

Serge took another bite of his pizza before saying, "And don't say life isn't a tv show. Art imitates life and life imitates art. You'd be surprised how many tropes you find in reality when you look for them."

As an avid watcher of tv, Serge felt personally attacked by the statement.

"I am sure tropes show up in real life at times Serge but that do not mean one should assume that will be the case that if you meet another artist you will end up in the grand rivals relationship with them like oh what was their names...ehm...Yugi and Kaiba from Yu Gi Oh, that is not generally what happens in real life."
Rosa said and Jane looked a little confused.
"What are a trope Sir?"
The little girl asked.

"What, why?" Serge asked nervously. He couldn't think of any good reason why Ange would dislike him being friends with any mage. For the better part of five years Ange had encouraged Serge to make as many friends as possible.

"Well perhaps she will not mind she is a tolerant woman, I now my own Mentor might have a problem with it at least."
Rosa said and sigh then she looked at the little girls and said.
"You met the Chief's new apprentice you said? Miss Alexander are the same as him."
She said and the girls looked at her, curious but to polite to nag for an explanation.

"I always thought four or five would be best. Maybe six but ten seems like a bit much. If their is too many people than it'll be harder for the cabal to agree on anything." Serge said giving his opinion.

Yu Die nodded at that.
"Well that do make allot of sense Sir."
She agreed.
"Perhaps four to six would be best."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Anja's Post:

An anxious frown. 'It's a device, so mechanical failure due to age is possible.' Nicole replied, wiping her brow with her hand, then on her trousers. 'Draining the power-source option too, it is. But we don't know what source it uses or how solid it's made... this-' holding her rifle up a bit '-is an antique but still functions fine. But kill the thing, and the shield will go down.' Gave a nervous swallow, ran her tongue over her slightly bloody lips.

'But... the shield is only protecting against bullets and elemental shit - not people going through it.' Here she gave a short, resigned sigh. 'If one of us went through it and took the bastard out at close-quarters... break the logjam, it would. But would leave that one with their ass exposed to the other fuckers to kill them afters.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next