Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Away Thread

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Away Thread Empty Away Thread

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:59 pm

This is the place to post notices that you are going to be away for a while or post slower. Then we will have that collected in one thread.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Away Thread Empty Re: Away Thread

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Sounds like plan.

I'll be trying to pace myself a bit, until I feel everyone's caught up with Colin.

After all, an hour passed while he and the family (extended) was eating dinner and taking care of matters, and then the operation took probably a couple of hours at least, with a few localized time bubbles here and there, and he's been sitting with Freddy for at LEAST another hour, so I'd guesstimate he's at least about two and a half hours ahead of Adley and Serge by now, maybe two hours ahead of Nicole...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Well if it is something to do that is the issue then we can do a future vision and if the others have not caught up when that is done then you have mentioned you would like a second Seeking for Colin and we can run that while the others catch up. If you want a bit less work with the forum for a while though then off course that is no problem. Yeah two our three hours in front of the rest would be about right, and that is if we assume the surgery went really fast.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:27 pm

Just a heads up that my birthday the the quarterly sale for my department is coming up starting next week : ) Might be a bit busier than usual. Hopefully after that though things are back to normal for a while. I feel like there's been 'stuff' since mid December.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:40 pm

Christmas time is always busy and take the time you need.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:53 pm

Another option is to slip in a Colin-NPC thread retrospectively time-wise; perhaps while the guy is wearing out his shoes during the operation? Any discussions the player feels Colin needs to have?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:11 pm

That is possible or a random scenes, perhaps from the downtime thread if someone feel like interacting in such scenes to give Warp something to do while he wait.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:18 pm

Thing is, Colin wasn't "wearing out his shoes" during the operation, he was literally sitting there, holding Freddy's hand. So there wouldn't be any NPC chatter going on at the time.

An elsewhen PC side story might do, and a Seeking would be nice, too, though. Smile
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:22 am

Hey, finding a bit of time in Colin's past couple of hours for an NPC chat as a retrospective fork is your job, not mine!
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:38 pm

I was not thinking of during the surgery then Colin was staying put at Freddy's side and not necessarily that same day. it could be earlier to from the downtime we had before the second story for example or maybe something that happened during his run that morning something like that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm

Yeah, my recent no-show was due to the fact I suffered critical keyboard death on Friday and due to this lockdown the nearest shop which sold them was two towns away [and so took time to arrive].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:17 pm

Ok, I hope that sort itself out for you soon, it sucks when things break.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Yeah, I'm using the new keyboard now. I'm proud to announce I made two hours worth of 'unnecessary' trips, visited five supermarkets and was in close-ish proximity to about seventy people because due to lockdown the local electronic shop ten minutes away from me was forced to close 'to stop the spread of coronavirus'.

Is there something wrong with this picture, or am I just being stupid here?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:48 pm

It's just that the small corner shops can't afford to not care about their employees, while the large chains, well... to put things in perspective, Walmart is worried they won't be able to hire minimum-wage employees faster than they'll die off from the pandemic... :/
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:54 pm

In the UK, electronics stores were closed by decree [along with most things]. Supermarkets are allowed to remain open as they sell food as their 'primary product range' [corner shops still open too].

My mission was to go around all the supermarkets large enough to have significant non-food ranges, hoping they'd stock PC keyboards somewhere in their
electronics section.

Oh, and the supermarket which provided this cheapo keyboard is the most unionised in the UK of the majors.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:40 am

Yeah here in Norway stores at malls are mostly still open but I can get that it can be hard to get some items unless they are ordered online until this crisis is over.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Which was the problem - needed a keyboard to go online to order a keyboard. And the only person I knew within close travel distance refused to order it 'because that's not essential' and 'it's all too much'. As you can guess, they're one who hardly goes online, you get a quicker response by letter than email and work on the mentality of 'if it's not important to me it isn't to anyone else'.

Crap like this is simply going to build up the longer this lockdown is going on; and this could continue for another six months.

Anyway, my no-show again was due to another lockdown-related issue; a relatives' cat was sick, couldn't go to vet due to them all being closed 'except for emergencies' [this not one, apparently]. So she died. And the pet cremo was closed. So I had to make another 'unnecessary' journey by train [plus shovel] yesterday to bury her in their back garden.

A part of me is damn glad my tooth had critical failure on the 23/Dec; it meant I spent Jan/Feb having all the work done - no way I'd be able to get it now.

Anyhow... I'll do my best to reply today, but chances are I'll only be able to get up to speed either tomorrow or Sat. Sorry.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:42 pm

No worries, Real Life happens, sometimes with a vengeance.

We've managed to do "filler work" in your absence, though it's possible Colin's beginning to get just a wee bit antsy about getting that gas now. Wink

That said, my condolences for the kitty. Sad
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Yeah we have a bit of a problem with that from my father in law, do not get me wrong he is a really kind man but it have been hard to explain to him why things that are not important to him are important to me and my husband, like having pets for example.

I am sorry to hear your relative's cat died. That is a problem with many vets being closed that animals are not getting proper care.

Don't worry about the game it will wait, life happens. And I can just put in some filler story for the rest in the meantime.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:10 pm

I'm sorry about the kitty, poor thing : ( and other assorted issues related to not having normal access to services. Here vets are still open for non emergencies but it can mean it's harder to get your pet seen quickly and it's drop off/pick up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:21 pm

The vets are open for emergencies here as far as I know so for an actual emergency, as in anything that need to be seen to for the pet's health not to e in danger or for them not to be in pain will be seen to but not other things, which is fair enough, it do mean allot of kittens will be born though as people are not willing to put up with their un fixed cats mauing to get out so they let them out so kittens but at least serious issues will be seen to.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:42 pm

Kitty was ~15, no apparent pain, went while getting cuddles. Relative felt this might be EndTime, they were more concerned about it being horrible for the old girl [vets damn lucky it wasn't]. I put her under the bush she'd liked to sleep under [hope it'll grow back...] and covered it so no fox decides to go a-rooting.

As for my recent no-show; a myriad of events had given me minor burnout. I'm on the mend now, though; can tell 'cos I've started randomly thinking about the game again. I'll do my best to get back up to speed as quickly as possible.

And apologies.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:03 am

Welcome back to the flow of time. Wink

Also, nice choice of final rest for kitty. Very Verbena choice. Smile
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:09 am

Kitty was ~15, no apparent pain, went while getting cuddles. Relative felt this might be EndTime, they were more concerned about it being horrible for the old girl [vets damn lucky it wasn't]. I put her under the bush she'd liked to sleep under [hope it'll grow back...] and covered it so no fox decides to go a-rooting.

That sounds like a nice farewell for the kitty. A very Verbena choice indeed.

As for my recent no-show; a myriad of events had given me minor burnout. I'm on the mend now, though; can tell 'cos I've started randomly thinking about the game again. I'll do my best to get back up to speed as quickly as possible.

We all feel unwell or tired at times, no need to apologize, the game is where you left it. Nicole was about to rush the three Nephandi with their bronze ram, fireball creating statue, to make sure they had fireballed their last. Like I said we waited for you no problem, and if you need more of a rest we can always move forward with some of the attack onnthe Labyrinth and play Nicole's scene when you come back.

I am glad to hear you are doing better and welcome back.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:12 pm

Rest peacefully kitty. And WB.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content