Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane 2

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Posts for Tane 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:26 pm

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Well hello Bianca. Who might your sister be? I don't recall. Tane asked taking her hand and kissing it gallantly.

"Beatrice Alexander is my sister, I was an apprentice of Master Nassa once though I had to change Mentors when I was unable to learn much more than the basics and it was found I never Awakened, another teacher taught me hedge magic later."
The girl said then she giggeled as you kissed her hand.
"Nice to meet you, a gentleman I see...anyway thank you for being kind to Bee."

(Talking with an old shaman.)

I mean, have you ever been there?

"No I have not, I have had no reason to take such a risk."
The old woman said before sipping her tea again.

What lives there?

"The most pure manifestations of perfect chaos and the few lost souls who have wandered in and now live in a never ending, chaotic swirl, ever changing from one thing to the next."

How can i reach it, how do i reach it?

"If you have to ask me how to find the manifestation of the Wyld itself you are not powerful enough to survive it, you need to ally yourself with a shaman able to find a sliver of sanity in the vortex, if not entering that realm will mean a never ending shifting between forms, shapens being and time, there is not even death in that place, only change."
The old shaman warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 pm

[Tane's apartment]
I understand. I'm studying laws so that would come in handy if you can help me.
He nodded, "Very good. Tuesday, half past four, my apartment? Then I can go over the Eight Protocols with my daughter-apprentice at the same time."

That was not the case, or so they said. And if they can ambush us one by one out here, that'd be dangerous.
He nodded, "That's true, if they can ambush us one by one, that would be dangerous - but honestly, no more dangerous than the Union. We've shattered the spine of the Nephandi in Boston; it will take some time before they become a threat here again - they will eventually, of course, but losing such an integral chunk of infrastructure and leadership is going to inconvenience them greatly. There are other... worries to keep an eye on for some time."

Then i'm surprised they are so far away with their ancestral knowledge. Regretfully, Gandija is uncapable of helping me in this kind of dealings.
He shrugged, "Not all Traditions are as... in tune with the spirit world as your Craft is. If indeed you can all sing an Avatar from a host's body, that is, if you'll pardon my skepticism, rather incredible."

I did. I cut her hand because i saw her making runes and new traps even only with that, so she was not neutralized. In any case, she's alive, right? that's all we needed. I didn't slit her throat, and i could have.
He arched an eyebrow, "So you are saying you did not advance further on her and threaten her life as she collapsed?"

Then we need to share notes, for i belive i have done it without problem.
He nodded, "Indeed we do."

It's still beating the cream. that's the way. What you use, it's still beating it. I suppose there's other way, much hasty but risky. Or maybe a couple more.
He nodded, "You are confusing the outcome with the method, I think... Yes, you are still whipping the cream, but one method uses muscle power, the other uses machine power. Both get the same result, but one is quicker and easier on the arm at a cost of, well, a higher electric bill.

By the way, i need to ask you something, specifically. Who is "The Handler". It protected the last labyrinth.
He arched an eyebrow, "Ah, yes, I was going to ask you a couple of questions in that regard, myself... Why were you late getting out of the ship? I hope you're going to tell me that helping your werewolf allies evacuate their fallen just took a little more time, and not that you tried to attack the Handler or the ship?"
He frowned, "Speaking of which, I'd like an introduction to the werewolves that helped; I should like to offer them my condolences for their loss, and a gift to commemorate our victory and honour our losses today..."
He shook his head, "But, you asked about the Handler... the Labyrinth in Boston was a landed Battlecruiser - a gargantuan fleshy polyp, as you might have noticed. The polyps are about as intelligent as a dog, and would not serve the Nephandi like they do without a Handler - a Mage whose mind and soul have been grafted to that of the polyp. Usually, the polyp is corrupted by the Fallen, to increase compatibility with a Fallen Mage, and the whole affair is a... particular kind of nastiness. The one we fought on board, however - the Handler joined with her ship before the Nephandi as a faction Fell, back when they were merely a loosely affiliated group banding together for protection from the Order of Hermes. The Lady Dalisse never Fell, and the Fallen did not dare force her through that out of fear of what the ship might do... While you fought - valorously if not entirely wisely, I might add - I was negotiating with the Handler for her help in the battle, and directly and indirectly aided our forces by hobbling the Nephandi and directly countering Larson's work. She let me share in her link with the ship, to observe the fighting and... other things."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:08 am

[Tane's apartment]
They still can face us. There are numerous monsters still in boston. The monster i came hunting is still on the loose, and there is at least a female Ananasi serving the wyrm probably with the nephandi. They are probably just the same threat, although they've taken damage. BUt so do we, i fear.
He pondered for a moment, "Female Ananasi... I'm not sure if it's the same type of being, but Ananasi was an African spider deity, right? I do believe there was a werespider who was slain in the battle. Best check with Mr. Roth Hicks and Miss Bouchard about that - they were present for that fight. That aside, yes, there are still threats, and though some are removed or diminished, they still need to be hunted down... but for now, we need to regain our balance. If we overextend ourselves, we'll have our necks cut."

I didn't! she was using her hand and her blood to craft new runes. I cut it off to stop her from this. THen i saw to it that she was so battered she was no threat, and that's it.
He nodded thoughtfully, "That... was not what it looked like from the outside, but your words ring true. I will make a note of that; next time, however, you might wish to clarify that to those at your side at the earliest convenience."

I considered it. I remained to make sure it's song was pure. And curiously enough, it was, it didn't need me or anyone destroying it
He nodded, "It would have been... easier to get home, I suppose, if you had simply hurried out as you were told to. But, no harm, no foul, as they say - I presume your werewolf allies were able to get their fallen heroes home safely, as well?"

That was the idea. You are welcome to accompany me to that meeting, although i don't think you'll be welcomed as deep into their territory as me, but we can surely ask.
He nodded, "I can understand and respect that - as an old warrior myself, I know how hard it can be to let warriors from... other factions close."

Then how come you ask so much? haven't you seen it all?
He shook his head, "I was allowed to share in its senses, in short glimpses. The creature has thousands of sensory organs; eyes, ears, noses... too much for a merely human mind to make sense of all at once. Even the Handler, I think, cannot maintain a full sensory connection for long. So what I got directly was only a small part of the information I gained; some was from the Handler's observation, other parts were after-action reports from others in the battle... Which is why I also need to hear your side of things."
He smiled wryly, "Like I said, you're in a bit of trouble right now, but I think we can salvage the situation yet."

((OOC: I think I would prefer to leave that off until next thread - though, the study session doesn't really need to be played out, as such; it will mainly be Colin in lecture mode, going over a few basic matters regarding the Protocols and such.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening)

Ahh, look at that, she actually mentioned you.
It's great to know you, and don't worry, i like her and i'm looking for a way to help her heal. How have the last weeks treated you?

"I have been good enough, I finished my apprenticeship and moved here, pretty standard I guess...though being chased around the airport by a crazy bitch Nephanda might be less standard. The young woman said.
"I am glad that my sister have gotten a new friend though, I have been terribly worried about her."
Bianca said and frowned.
"I hate that she was hurt like that."

(Talking with an old shaman.)

I meant, is it in the deepest umbra? can anyone enter or is it somehow in a place reserved for Fera?

"It is in what you would call the middle Umbra, anyone can enter however I do not recomend it without the proper training or someone there who can control and lead such energies or you will be ripped apart."
The old shaman warned.
"And even then it will be far from safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 pm

This is a thread you might want to take part in Marino.

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t173-downtime-planning-thread
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 am

The thred I linked to are a planning thread for the fortcoming downtime. You posted your IC post to it. Could you put it in the IC thread instead?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:36 am

Sorry, i saw the "we have a new thread" and i mistook it XD
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:46 pm

(No problem)

That airport used to be a fair neutral point. Now it's just scene to a new kind of aggression. Regretable.

"I think the airport is mostly okey still, not that I have been her long it just happened to have a bloody Nephanda there who was after Rosa, fucking bitch that woman but I hear that we got her so that is good."
Bianca said an frowned.

Well, we're taking care of it and it will never happen again, so for now we can just focus on rebuilding

"Yeah they say Bee is born wrong or something but she is one of the kindest pepole I know so yeah I am not buying that."
The Verbena hedge wizard scoffed.
"But we will help her back on her feet.

(Talking with an old shaman)

Well, now i need to reach it and study it so that i can get an idea of how to use it...

You do not seam to understand child, this realm is change itself it can not be studied, by the time you have observed it then it will have changed, that would be the whole point of why it may work, it can change everything because it is change manifested."
The old werewolf woman said and she sipped her tea.
"But perhaps when you are able to reach it you will also have enough understanding to find a way to use it."

(OOC: sorry for the late reply.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:00 pm

[Tane's apartment]
That might be the one i'm talking about. Is that true? Do we have the remains?
Colin shook his head, "I don't believe the remains were collected. Hard to justify gathering up a few handfuls of squished spiders in the middle of a battle, you know..."

Nobody asked me to stop at the moment. When i was retieving her i was asked not to kill her, something i was clearly not going to do. I know how valuable that kind of prisoner could be. We could know where and how are the other nephandus groups. If we could strike them with force when they are licking their wounds and disorganiced, more so if there's no other labyrinth but just individuals around, that would be awesome.
He frowned, "Right now, the other Nephandi groups are untouched by what we've done - Lisa Larson and her companion Abigail in Chicago were... acting on their own, to the extent that an ancient, powerful Nephandus in Chicago brought his Labyrinth to attack Abigail's at a time we were informed of, so we could take advantage of the 'coincidental' attack and tear the whole place apart. So no, this is not a time when the others are disorganized and licking their wounds... and hunting down a handful of individuals that have gone to ground is not going to be strategically viable; it's going to cost too much in resources to go on the hunt and defend against the Union at the same time; we can leave them to the Technocrats for now."

If the place was a piece of corrupted spirit with the strenght to do any harm, it would have been very irresponsible to leave if, having the power to get back and the allies needed to take it out, i wouldn't. My mission is to watch over this town at large. One angry spirit like that could come back and spit us any kind of lesser spirit, eat etherite's crafts or who knows what.
He shook his head, "The Great Polyps don't belong so close to Earth - they belong in the Deep Umbra. And they are far too powerful for a single Mage, or even a group of us, to take down from within. If it were corrupted, the best bet would have been to kill the Handler, get out, and cut the magical anchors that held the poor thing down. It would not have given us a second thought and buggered off, never to return. And it would likely have summarily eaten anyone left on board..."

They see us as another race altogether, and we are. They also see us all secret and magick and want to preserve theirs secret as long as possible.
He nodded, "I hear tell they have Nodes as sacred sites, as well, and defend them quite violently from Mages wanting the Quintessence within. I can hardly fault them for that."

A, i see. Well, i was not in berserker rage or anything like that, i disobeyed simply because i saw a weak command and that nephanda was hard as nails.
He nodded, "Just... be cautious in the future. You could, as I said, have been executed on the spot for insubordination on the battlefield, and nobody would have questioned it. One thing is refusing an illegal order, but whoever is placed in command is usually assigned that position for a reason, and you never, ever rebel against that in combat. That sort of shit gets people distracted and killed."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm

[Tane's apartment]
Then it is alive and almost well. They can disgregate themselves in a mass of spiders, if there's only one small spider remaining, then she's alive and well. Even though, i think she's a kind of tarantula, so she's probably a big spider. I hope we damaged her enough that's she's not a problem to us for a long time.
Colin shrugged, "I understand the last spider was, in fact, killed. If there's anything left, she'll be on her way into the Deep Umbra by now, and fairly unlikely to ever find her way back..."

That sounds unwise. We helped an already powerful nephandus to kill one not so powerful and commited our people to that? as a tool for the powerful one? instead of letting them kill each other, or attack the remaining? i'm sure i'm missing something there...
He shook his head, "Less unwise than it might seem - The Jade Demon is a few thousand years old, and spends most of his time meditating on the natural principle of Entropy, by all accounts. The only times he's actually done anything in a long time is when some of his household have been captured by either the Traditions or the Union - he will act to protect his own, but aside from that, he practices a strict nonagression policy. Trying to attack him would be a very effective way to commit suicide; no more, no less. As it is, we did not 'help' him, that would be illegal. We merely took advantage of knowing the time and place of his attack to hit Abigail's Labyrinth from the other side. Abigail and her lot were our priority as the imminent threat to the world's continued existence, so we were rather too busy rounding up the captives to... try to prevent the Jade Demon and his house to make their escape. It was a matter of convenience as much as courtesy; Abigail was trying to reduce the Soul of Chicago to mere fuel for Larson's working in Boston - and that made her a clear and present threat."

What did the handler do now that he's free?
He arched an eyebrow, "It would seem she dropped you and your group of werewolves off before she hit the Deep Umbra. I don't think she'll ever come back close to Earth; she'll be too busy exploring strange new worlds on her own, somewhere in the Deep. I know how to find her, if it should come to that, but I think she'll be best left alone."

Caerns are sacred places for them and not just giant batteries. Werewolves are most fond of their sacred places, while rokea are not so mystical. Even still, it's a place they can commune with their spirit totems, find allies, come back to their ancestors and such, it's important to them. To us they actually are like gas stations, becoming more significant only if we make them. In that regard, they are more communal and we are more individual.
He nodded, "I see them as far more than a mere gas station - while the Quintessence is useful, they can be so much more; hell, I used a Node not for its power, but as a connection to its future, centuries from now, to speak with... someone at a later date. It was enlightening."

I'm just happy we could take her out. She alone had summoned a dozen shadowmen and was fighting hand in hand with Amadeus and this guy. She stood her ground to both of them! That's a lot of juice right there.
He nodded, "It worked out in your favour this time... But next time, assuming there is one, you might wish to coordinate a bit better with the rest of your team before acting."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:04 pm

Yeah, well, that was an invitation to do anything there since there's no retaliation. I hope we can find ways to help, but we're stretched thin as it is.

"Well since that Nephanda was Lisa Larson and we officially trashed her Labyrinth that counts and retaliation in my mind."
Bianca said and shrugged.

Damn straight we will. Tane said with a smile She'll be walking in no time!

"I am more concerned about her casting spells again than walking but yeah, we will make sure that she is okey and get better."
The Verbena hedge wizard commented.

It remains changing, that's a constant, and it hasn't spread to all of creation, so it is different to anything else, so there have to be boundaries. There has to be more to know about the place, but i will bring this knowledge back and try to learn of a way to direct it to do my bidding. There's just... that kind of magick sounds the spiritual i'm used to, but also prime wich i know a lot of too... but also pure entrophy, and i know nothing of that.

"I doubt you will be able to control it young one, you will need to ally yourself with someone far older and more knowledgeable than yourself. No this realm do not spread that can be seen one the outside but inside it changes from the size of a pea to a wast universe, that there is any constant in it, even that there are none are just a guess, very few have gone into it that have ever come back out."
The old woman warned.
"But it is the only place that perhaps can do what you seek."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:17 am

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

You where all gathered at Colin's apartment. Anna was out with Freddy to get some stationary supplies the young mage would need for her studies. Jeffry had made the suggestion that Serge and Nicole might be a good fit for your Cabal and asked that you discuss it. Outside it was raining so it would be a boring drive for Adley when he want back to the university later for his afternoon classes.

Beatrice where still to weak to attend though when hearing about the meeting she had entrusted Adley with her vote as she trusted him to vote with her wishes in mind and trusted his wisdom. Jon had been sent on some job for Narim and where unable to attend and Richard where still working at the hospital, he was performing a surgery and could not leave, neither the Akashic Brotherhood nor the Virtual Adepts ha the tradition of transferring votes to others though so no one had their votes they just trusted their friends to make the right choice.

Jarath Colin's own friend where sitting on a shelf looking curiously at the gathered mages looking a bit confused about what the fuss was about as everyone settled down for the meeting. Bruce sat down at the kitchen table an grunted to indicate he was ready to get things underway.

(OOC: Warp I hope it is ok that I just used Colin's apartment for the meeting it had to be placed somewhere so I picked a room at random.)

(OOC 2: Tane we can finish up the scenes he is in in this thread here as they are just about done, both the ones with the NPCs and the ones with Colin but he should also be a part of the Cabal meeting.)

Here is a link for the new thread Tane get 3 exp for the old thread.

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t175-little-moments-between-steptember-and-november-meetings-and-endings-ic-thread-30#24057
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 am

I will answer here since there's no reason to dirty the new thread with old responses. I belive we can have all finished, right? We greet and agree to meet again sometime in the future and part ways? Yes?

[Tane's apartment]
Colin shrugged, "I understand the last spider was, in fact, killed. If there's anything left, she'll be on her way into the Deep Umbra by now, and fairly unlikely to ever find her way back..."
I'll have to investigate, i know that they are able to walk most parts of the umbra, just like any other Fera. If she's really dead... then i will probably

practices a strict nonagression policy
Jade Demon... nonagression... He's undoing creation as any other nephandi. But ok, sounds good. I've seen things unlikely but... i can't actually belive it, a protective Nephandi? sounds the opposite from a nephandi.
Be it as it may, i hope you were right.

I see them as far more than a mere gas station
Tane nodded, understanding. There is more, and it is the source of sustenance for many of our brothers out of the physical worlds.

I am more concerned about her casting spells again than walking but yeah, we will make sure that she is okey and get better.
I would think it's more basic to have her around, walking and doing things on her own. As any sick, she'll want to be able to do things on her own. But anyhow, she's alright, she'll get better. I have seen her, and it will get better.

I'll do what i can. I belive there's someone that can help me, but i'll do anything possible. I thank you, then. It has been enlightening, and i belive that with a little study, it can be done.

Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:41 am

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

Bruce got up to open the door and let Tane in as Nicole was on her way out.
"Come in."
The large Orphan grunted through he seamed to perk up at the mention of snacks.
"Well now that is always welcome Mr Karyak."
He said then he smiled. Inside the room the Cabal was gathered, everyone but Richard and Jon and Beatrice since she was still to weak to attend.
"We have just voted to let Nicole Bouchard and Serge Yager into the Cabal."
Bruce said as he returned to his seat.
"Right now we are discussing Cabal names."

Once the cell numbers had been swapped, Nicole glanced at her phone. 'Shit... can't stall no longer. Take care, all.' giving everyone a nod and making for the door...

"Yeah take care Nicole and good luck with the job interview."
Bruce said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:42 am

Tane's Post:

Tane's first sight will be of a large woman several inches taller than him, their snug athletic clothes making her toned physique obvious, face sporting several piercings. Her grey eyes widened on seeing him, clearly not expecting a visitor, especially as she was about to use the door herself. 'Erm... hello?' the woman clearly a little confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:51 am

I would think it's more basic to have her around, walking and doing things on her own. As any sick, she'll want to be able to do things on her own. But anyhow, she's alright, she'll get better. I have seen her, and it will get better.

"I hope you are right Mr Karyak."
Bianca said and sigh.
"Well anyway I am not going to keep you any longer I am sure you have places to me."

I'll do what i can. I belive there's someone that can help me, but i'll do anything possible. I thank you, then. It has been enlightening, and i belive that with a little study, it can be done.

"It is not an easy task you have given yourself child but I wish you the best of luck, may the spirits enlighten your path."
The old woman said as she finished her tea.

(OOC: remember to post in the new IC thread please.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:07 pm

[Tane's apartment, Sunday September 27th]
Tane wrote:I'll have to investigate, i know that they are able to walk most parts of the umbra, just like any other Fera. If she's really dead... then i will probably
Colin nodded, "Ask around - but the Handler did say that she did not sense any life signs from the spiders anymore."

Tane wrote:Jade Demon... nonagression... He's undoing creation as any other nephandi. But ok, sounds good. I've seen things unlikely but... i can't actually belive it, a protective Nephandi? sounds the opposite from a nephandi.
Be it as it may, i hope you were right.
He nodded, "The distinction is, he's content to spend his time meditating on the bigger picture and wait for the time to reach its natural final descent into entropy - he is in no rush to accelerate that process, and acting in Reality is ridiculously dangerous for him at this stage in any case; Reality does not like the Fallen, nor does it like it when people grow too old, and the man is several thousand years old by all accounts. So, until and unless he decides to become an active threat, as opposed to a merely known danger in hiding, we don't have the strength to hit him on his home turf. The Labyrinth battle today? We had more advantages than the defenders, owing to some good fortune and diplomacy. We would not have the same advantages if we went after the Jade Demon."

Tane wrote:Tane nodded, understanding. There is more, and it is the source of sustenance for many of our brothers out of the physical worlds.
He smiled, "And a Node, however strong, is a very useful reference point if you are going to communicate over great distances in time and space..."

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Tane wrote:At that moment Tane knocked the door and announced himself. He had brought some snacks, coke and a couple juice boxes, since he knew Colin had moved not long ago and they'd be a lot of people all together for a long while.
Hello there! Sorry i'm late, i've lost the bus searching for my brother. Brought snacks, though! He said loudly from outside, feeling like he had already failed.
Nicole wrote:Tane's first sight will be of a large woman several inches taller than him, their snug athletic clothes making her toned physique obvious, face sporting several piercings. Her grey eyes widened on seeing him, clearly not expecting a visitor, especially as she was about to use the door herself. 'Erm... hello?' the woman clearly a little confused.
Anja wrote:Bruce got up to open the door and let Tane in as Nicole was on her way out.
"Come in."
He said then he smiled. Inside the room the Cabal was gathered, everyone but Richard and Jon and Beatrice since she was still to weak to attend.
He arched an eyebrow as the two almost collided in his doorway, "You are indeed late, Mr. Karyak. How is your brother doing, though? And yes, we are discussing Cabal names and potential imagery. You are welcome to voice your thoughts on the matter, however, Adley, if you would kindly summarize the voiced ideas so far?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:07 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Tane's first sight will be of a large woman several inches taller than him, their snug athletic clothes making her toned physique obvious, face sporting several piercings. Her grey eyes widened on seeing him, clearly not expecting a visitor, especially as she was about to use the door herself. 'Erm... hello?' the woman clearly a little confused.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Tane wrote:At that moment Tane knocked the door and announced himself. He had brought some snacks, coke and a couple juice boxes, since he knew Colin had moved not long ago and they'd be a lot of people all together for a long while.
Hello there! Sorry i'm late, i've lost the bus searching for my brother. Brought snacks, though! He said loudly from outside, feeling like he had already failed.
Bruce got up to open the door and let Tane in as Nicole was on her way out.
"Come in."

"Hey Mr. Karyak!" Serge said, cheerfully waving at the Dreamspeaker, eyeing the snacks and drinks with fierce intensity.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:42 pm

He smiled wryly, "The Order of Reason became a threat centuries later. Though you may be right. Just don't say that in front of Master Nassa."

"I will try to avoid that, I do not want to be eaten by the greenery."
Bruce said and grinned.

He frowned, "Bee was... not a coincidence. I am not at liberty to elaborate."

The large man gave you a bit of a look but he did not inquire further at least not for now but he clearly did not like this being held a secret.

He frowned, "Stand against the dark. No hands necessary."

"So if we meet a double amputee Nephandus we do not have to just stand by and do nothing?"
Bruce asked wryly.

He shook his head, "A nine-pointed star, though, three times three, sounds better."

"That works for me."
Bruce said and smiled.

He nodded, "Might need to make myself some steel tools, along my silver. I appreciate it."

"Here let me write up the address for you."
Bruce said and he rummaged through a pocket and found a note book and wrote and address down on it.
"Bring along some food and a bit of cash as a gift for the homeless that sleep at the junkyard they leave my forge alone and I respect them and bring them gifts works for both parties."
He advices.

He arched an eyebrow as the two almost collided in his doorway, "You are indeed late, Mr. Karyak. How is your brother doing, though? And yes, we are discussing Cabal names and potential imagery. You are welcome to voice your thoughts on the matter, however, Adley, if you would kindly summarize the voiced ideas so far?"

Tane you had found it hard to find Coawa as a great white had entered the sea outside Boston, it was rare for such a shark to swim here as the water was to cold, but every so often a great white found their way to waters outside of their usual habitat, once or twice one had even been seen around Norway. In any case the great white in question this time was a large, healthy female so Coawa was out chasing skirts, or rather fins in this case, and from the fresh scars and content face he had come back with when he finally returned home his expedition out to sea had been fruitful.

"Ohhh, that sounds interesting." Serge said in an interested voice. "Tossing in an item that each represents as. I call dibs on tossing in a pencil."

"I use allot of tools from forging hammers to sewing needles so it could really be anything for me."
Bruce said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:52 pm

At that moment Tane knocked the door and announced himself. He had brought some snacks, coke and a couple juice boxes, since he knew Colin had moved not long ago and they'd be a lot of people all together for a long while.

"Mr Karyak," he said with a nod. "Speaking of 9..."

"Let's see..." He pulled over the scraps and read them: keystone, gems, metals, rose flower, crucible, a navigator's compass, kludge, scrapheap, hands...something meaning coming together from different parts to make a unique working system, that we've yet to find a good word for...we were also thinking about a motto, which Colin offered as 'Stand against the Dark...and some ideas of each of us putting something into the crucible, if we chose that one. Ah, and we thought we might try for a name that is similar to pub names, so, two devices, Cart and Wagon, for example but made out of some of these choices. We've also discussed some of these to varying degrees. Did I forget anything?" he asked the others, then said to Tane, "Have you any ideas?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:43 pm

"You won't need to swing it, just create it. Leave the swinging part to me."

"Fireproof sword and shield coming up then I guess."
Bruce said and grinned looking amused.
"And you can do the swinging, might take some time though."

"Oh really? I didn't know that...I feel less bad now, slightly."

"Yeah he told me a while ago, I found him with a cupcake celebrating his birthday and it bothered me that I had forgotten the date, he said he had been like that since he had a bad Paradox backlash years ago."
The Orphan explained.

"Let's see..." He pulled over the scraps and read them: keystone, gems, metals, rose flower, crucible, a navigator's compass, kludge, scrapheap, hands...something meaning coming together from different parts to make a unique working system, that we've yet to find a good word for...we were also thinking about a motto, which Colin offered as 'Stand against the Dark...and some ideas of each of us putting something into the crucible, if we chose that one. Ah, and we thought we might try for a name that is similar to pub names, so, two devices, Cart and Wagon, for example but made out of some of these choices. We've also discussed some of these to varying degrees. Did I forget anything?" he asked the others, then said to Tane, "Have you any ideas?"

"No that seam to be about it Adley."
Bruce said and sigh.
"I am afraid I am not the most creative when it comes to words and phrases I am better with steel, and copper and kevlar."
The large Orphan explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:58 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
S7trif3 wrote:"Let's see..." He pulled over the scraps and read them: keystone, gems, metals, rose flower, crucible, a navigator's compass, kludge, scrapheap, hands...something meaning coming together from different parts to make a unique working system, that we've yet to find a good word for...we were also thinking about a motto, which Colin offered as 'Stand against the Dark...and some ideas of each of us putting something into the crucible, if we chose that one. Ah, and we thought we might try for a name that is similar to pub names, so, two devices, Cart and Wagon, for example but made out of some of these choices. We've also discussed some of these to varying degrees. Did I forget anything?" he asked the others, then said to Tane, "Have you any ideas?"
Anja wrote:"No that seam to be about it Adley."
Bruce said and sigh.
"I am afraid I am not the most creative when it comes to words and phrases I am better with steel, and copper and kevlar."
The large Orphan explained.
He paused, "Speaking of, how inconspicuous could you make a suit of armour? Primarily ballistic protection, but cut resistant would be good, too. Think Kingsmen more than the Dark Knight Trilogy..."

((OOC: Hm, that got a little clunky, yes... Then again, there was some rapid-firing of ideas, and I suppose it COULD be plausible that Nicole was just starting to stress about getting to the interview on time and didn't pay attention to the dialogue? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:49 am

"You should do the tool that started it all. What was your first project that you were really proud of? Throw in the tool from that."

"A wrench, when I was a kid my grandfather lived with us, and when he died I got his old manuals, he was a mechanist, and I Awakened from reading those manuals and I went to his old workshop which I had also inherited and tried to make one of the designs from his books and it worked."
Bruce said and smiled a little.
"That was the first time."

Colin grinned wryly, "If you anger him enough, you'll be lucky if you just get eaten..."

"Yeah I fear you are right about that."
The other Orphan said wryly.

He sighed softly, "Perhaps one day, after the legal problems are dealt with, but not today. Suffice to say, Avatars can reincarnate in pairs or groups."

"As long as it is not something that will come and bite us all in the ass."
Bruce commented with a grunt.

He frowned, "That would be slightly circumstantial... If the Nephandus was busy mud-wrestling an alligator at the time, I'm sure we could get away with merely observing, but in most cases, I expect we would be required to either capture or kill... unless we had a higher priority target to worry about."

The large man grinned a little at that.
"Well at least a Nephandus with no arm should be less of a problem than the others of their kind."
He grumbled.

He nodded, "Presumably, booze would not be a good idea?"

"I am sure some of them would be glad for it, but I usually bring along a large put of stew or soup, I am not the best cook but I can make that, and a bag of things like toothbrushes, soap, books, candy and anything else they might need, I mean some of them use booze to dull the pain, but some are not drunk they are regular folks who have fallen on hard times and they need a hand."
Bruce said and shrugged.

He paused, "Speaking of, how inconspicuous could you make a suit of armour? Primarily ballistic protection, but cut resistant would be good, too. Think Kingsmen more than the Dark Knight Trilogy..."

"I can sew metal thread into a regular shirt, it will be slightly stiff but basically look like a regular shirt, but I can not enchant something permanent yet so you would have to come back once a week or so for me to fresh up the enchantment on it and off course if a sleeper saw your shirt stop a bullet I will get Paradox."
Your Cabalmate replied.

He gave him a smile. "I wish I could afford them but really they wouldn't see as much use as other items I might prioritize first."

"I would do it for the material costs for a Cabalmate but yeah it might be some time before you need a big ass sword."
Bruce said and grinned.
"Let me know if there is anything you do need Adley."

"That is terrible. We're going to have to make some effort this year, unless he likes being alone of course. Not everyone likes parties. But he shouldn't have to buy his own cupcake."

"I don't think he likes it as such, he never asked for the Arcane and yeah I agree we should get him his next cupcake for him or throw him a small celebration, and if we can not remember the actual date we will do it the soonest day that we do remember."
Bruce agreed and nodded.

"Enchanted kevlar or cloth..."

The Orphan nodded he removed his jacket and handed it to you, it felt like magick and it had bits of metal woven into the lining of the leather jacket and larger bits of metal placed where it would not hamper movement to much.
"I made this."
He said.
"So yeah I can do that."
You also notice that the large leather jacket with metal bits where very light, like a cloth coat.

(OOC: At times play by post get a little strange but that is ok.)
(OOC: Yeah Nicole finished Agatha of.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:07 am

The woman couldn't be that far off Tane; unlike many tall women, she had the build of simply being "upsized" than merely "stretched up". Thicker neck, the form-fitting top not disguising the shoulders - the build of the kind of woman normally seen hanging out at the gym with the heavier weights at 10PM.

'Nicole Bouchard.' the woman said with a strong accent, extending her own, gloved hand. The others in the room will see Nicole bends her knees and stoop a little to shake; clearly to get the newcomer to look at her face, rather than a direct view of her frankly meagre chest.

[Nicole's around c25 cm taller than Tane]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next